时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Can we start the movie? | 能开始放电影了吗 |
[00:04] | Before Sheldon gets here? | 在谢尔顿到之前就开始吗 |
[00:05] | Last time we did that, he didn’t talk to us for a month. | 我们上次这样 他足足一个月不跟我们说话 |
[00:09] | So do it! | 还不快放 |
[00:11] | Hold on. Where is he? | 等等嘛 他在哪呢 |
[00:12] | Well, according to his text, he was on the second floor, | 根据他的短信 他刚才到二楼了 |
[00:16] | then he stopped to tie his shoe. | 但他得停下绑鞋带 |
[00:20] | All tied, and… | 绑好了 准备… |
[00:23] | – Hello! – ?Hi. | -大家安安 -我们回来啦 |
[00:24] | Sorry we’re late. | 抱歉我们迟到了 |
[00:25] | Amy took forever tying my shoe. | 艾米绑我鞋带的速度慢死了 |
[00:29] | All right! | 好的 |
[00:30] | Who’s excited to see a documentary? | 是谁对看纪录片感到很兴奋啊 |
[00:33] | Oh, I know this one. | 这题我会 |
[00:33] | Nobody ever. | 从来没人 |
[00:35] | Hey! This one’s going to be great. | 别这样 这部绝对会很赞 |
[00:37] | This is about the rivalry | 这部是在讲 |
[00:38] | between a cool renegade scientist, Nikola Tesla, | 离经叛道酷炫科学家尼古拉·特斯拉 |
[00:41] | and his arch-nemesis, Thomas Edison. | 与宿敌托马斯·爱迪生之间的仇恨 |
[00:43] | It’s the greatest scientific feud of all time. | 这是科学界最赞的一段宿怨 |
[00:45] | I mean, you can forget about Leibniz and Newton. | 莱布尼茨跟牛顿之间的血海深仇都可以忘了 |
[00:45] | 都曾独立发明微积分 为谁先发明有过剧烈争执 莱布尼茨的微积分数学符号被更广泛地使用 | |
[00:48] | Done. | 已忘 |
[00:49] | So, Tesla’s the one that invented the electric car? | 特斯拉是发明电动汽车的人吗 |
[00:55] | No, Penny. | 佩妮 不是的 |
[00:56] | No, the car is just named after him. | 那牌子的车只是以他的名字命名而已 |
[00:59] | Okay, you don’t have to be so smug about it. | 行行行 你也不需要拽成这样吧 |
[01:00] | You know, you went to see that movie It | 你去看恐怖片《小丑回魂》 |
[01:02] | because you thought it was about scary I.T. guys. | 还是因为你以为电影是讲恐怖程序员呢 |
[01:07] | Tesla was a genius who invented our electrical grid. | 特斯拉是发明了我们的输电网络的天才 |
[01:10] | Edison just wanted to get rich and famous. | 而爱迪生只是想捞钱与博名气 |
[01:12] | Didn’t he invent the lightbulb? | 他不是发明了灯泡吗 |
[01:13] | That’s what he wants you to think. | 他就想你这么以为 |
[01:15] | But without the foundational work of Ebenezer Kinnersley, | 但如果没有埃柏奈泽·肯纳斯理 |
[01:17] | Warren de la Rue and James Bowman Lindsay, | 沃伦·德拉鲁与詹姆士·鲍曼·琳赛打下的基础 |
[01:20] | you wouldn’t know Edison any more than you know | 你对爱迪生的认识并不会多过你对 |
[01:22] | Ebenezer Kinnersley, Warren de la Rue | 埃柏奈泽·肯纳斯理 沃伦·德拉鲁 |
[01:24] | or James Bowman Lindsay. | 或詹姆士·鲍曼·琳赛的认识 |
[01:26] | Isn’t he sexy all fired up? | 他燃起来时是不是特性感 |
[01:29] | He really gets my current alternating, | 跟他之间的交流 电到了我 |
[01:31] | if you know what I mean. | 懂我的哏吗 |
[01:34] | Edison was kind of a publicity hog and a bully. | 爱迪生就是个沽名钓誉的恶霸 |
[01:36] | Yeah, he electrocuted an elephant named Topsy | 他电死一只名为托普西的大象 |
[01:36] | 爱迪生为了将特斯拉的交流电与恐怖做连结 用交流电电死了这只因伤人被判死刑的大象 | |
[01:39] | just to make himself famous. | 就为了让自己出名 |
[01:40] | If I had an elephant named Topsy, | 如果我有一只叫托普西的大象 |
[01:41] | he would want for nothing. | 我会让它生活优渥 衣食无忧 |
[01:44] | Also, he’d be named Jumbo. | 还有 他的名字会叫小飞象 |
[01:47] | And worse than that, Edison filmed the first on-screen kiss, | 更差的是 史上首个接吻影片是爱迪生录的 |
[01:50] | so he’s basically a pornographer. | 他基本上就是个拍黄片的 |
[01:54] | Although every time I put that in Wikipedia, | 不过每次我想把这话加进维基百科 |
[01:56] | someone takes it out. | 都会被别人删掉 |
[02:00] | Is your current still alternating? | 你现在还电气满满吗 |
[02:02] | We’re lucky there aren’t any elephants in here. | 幸好这里没有大象 否则… |
[02:31] | You know, that documentary last night was actually | 昨晚那部纪录片 |
[02:33] | – better than I thought it would be. – ?Really? | -其实比我想象中要好看呢 -真的吗 |
[02:36] | Should’ve been about Samuel Morse | 就那影片的结尾方式[电报] |
[02:37] | the way they telegraphed that ending. | 按理说应该讲萨缪尔·摩尔斯才对 |
[02:40] | I already pretended to laugh at that joke once. | 我已经为这笑话假笑过一次了 |
[02:42] | Do I have to do it again? | 我们一定得再来一次吗 |
[02:45] | Yeah, I’d appreciate it. | 你能配合就再好不过了 |
[02:47] | Samuel Morse. You kill me. | 萨缪尔·摩尔斯 要被你笑死了 |
[02:52] | Leonard, can you drive me to work? | 莱纳德 你能开车带我去上班吗 |
[02:54] | Yeah, sure. Oh, hey, the guys and I | 可以啊 对了 我们几个 |
[02:56] | were talking about going to see the Tesla coil | 说到晚一点要去格里斐斯天文台 |
[02:58] | at the observatory later on, if you want to join. | 看特斯拉线圈 要不要一起来 |
[03:00] | Oh, I’m sorry, I can’t. I’m busy. | 抱歉去不了 我有事 |
[03:03] | – Why? What are you doing? – Leonard, what are you doing? | -怎么了 你要干嘛 -莱纳德 你才要干嘛 |
[03:05] | He said he can’t go. Make a sad face, move on. | 他说他去不了 摆出哭哭脸就完事了 |
[03:09] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[03:10] | I couldn’t tell you even if I wanted to. | 我就是想告诉你也不行 |
[03:12] | – What does that mean? – ?Leonard! | -这话什么意思 -莱纳德 |
[03:13] | Sad face, sad face. | 哭哭脸 哭哭脸 |
[03:16] | I mean, I would like to, but I just can’t, you know, | 我很乐意说 但我不行 你懂的 |
[03:18] | because it’s classified and top secret. | 因为这是最高机密 |
[03:21] | Hold on, are you still working for the military? | 等等 你还在为军方工作吗 |
[03:23] | I’m so glad you figured that out! | 你想出来真是太好了 |
[03:24] | It was killing me keeping it a secret! | 保密真是要把我给憋死了 |
[03:27] | I thought they fired you guys. | 他们不是炒了你们吗 |
[03:28] | They did, but then they hired me back. | 是啊 但是他们又重新雇了我 |
[03:31] | Well, you better not be working on our project, | 你最好不是在弄我们之前的项目 |
[03:33] | because we’re a team. | 因为我们可是团队 |
[03:34] | Leonard, there is no “I” in team. | 莱纳德 “团队”两字里无”我” |
[03:37] | However, there is an “I” in | 但是”我为军方干活 |
[03:39] | “I’m working with the military and you’re not.” | 而你机会被我剥夺喔”这句里就有”我” |
[03:42] | There’s five of them, in fact. | 其实有五个发音带”呜哦”的字呢 |
[03:49] | I got a big surprise for you. | 我有个大惊喜给你 |
[03:51] | Is it pie and ice cream? | 是派跟冰激凌吗 |
[03:54] | Wow, did I oversell it. | 看来我是牛皮吹大了 |
[03:56] | It’s Raj and Ruchi! | 是拉杰跟如琪 |
[03:59] | – Hello. – Hey. Hi. | -你好啊 -我们来啦 |
[04:00] | Hey, what are you two doing here? | 你们两个怎么来啦 |
[04:02] | We won’t stay long. | 不会打扰你太久 |
[04:03] | I just wanted to drop something off | 我就是来送给你 |
[04:05] | from me and the girls at work. | 我跟公司姑娘们送你的小礼物 |
[04:06] | None of the girls at work like me enough to get me a gift. | 公司的姑娘们没人喜欢我到愿意送我礼物 |
[04:09] | Okay, so you’ll know why everyone at the office | 那这样你就能理解为什么办公室里 |
[04:11] | has the same handwriting. | 所有人都是同样的笔迹了 |
[04:14] | I really appreciate the thought, | 很谢谢这份心意 |
[04:15] | but it’s not necessary. I’ll be back soon. | 但不用这么客气 我很快能重回岗位 |
[04:18] | Don’t worry about work. You take all the time you need. | 不用担心工作 你需要休息多久就多久 |
[04:20] | Yeah, just turn off your brain | 对啊 就关闭你的大脑 |
[04:22] | and let your uterus do its magic. | 让你的子宫施展它的魔法就行 |
[04:27] | It’s the star of the show now. | 它现在是这场表演的主角了 |
[04:30] | Okay, wasn’t sure how long I should let you guys stay. | 好了 本来不知道该让你们待多久 |
[04:33] | Now I know! Get out! | 现在知道了 出去 |
[04:35] | Good to see you. You look amazing. | 很高兴看到你 你看起来气色很好 |
[04:37] | Thanks for coming! | 谢谢你们来探望我 |
[04:40] | That bitch. | 这臭三八 |
[04:44] | Oh, come on, he means well. | 别这样 拉杰也是一番好意 |
[04:45] | He’s just trying to impress his girlfriend. | 他也就是想让女朋友觉得他人好 |
[04:48] | I’m talking about Ruchi. | 我是在骂如琪 |
[04:50] | She’s after my job. | 她想抢我饭碗 |
[04:52] | Why do you think she said, “Take all the time you need”? | 不然她干嘛说”你需要休息多久就多久” |
[04:55] | Because she was being nice? | 因为她人好啊 |
[04:57] | No, she’s trying to steal my projects while I’m at home | 才不是 她想趁我在家陪傻逼家人 |
[05:00] | taking care of this useless plant and my dumb family. | 养这破盆栽时 抢走我的项目 |
[05:06] | I’m only saying this because I love you | 我说这话是因为我爱你 |
[05:08] | and because you can’t reach me from that bed, | 而且你从床上那里打不到我 |
[05:10] | but you sound a little crazy. | 但你听起来有点神经质 |
[05:13] | I love you, too, but I could fling this card in your eye | 我也爱你 但我也可以把这卡片当成 |
[05:15] | like a ninja throwing star. | 忍者手里剑来射爆你狗眼 |
[05:19] | I don’t believe you. | 我才不信你 |
[05:26] | Why would the military want Sheldon? | 为什么军方会要谢尔顿啊 |
[05:28] | I don’t know. Target practice? | 我不知道啊 让他当靶子吗 |
[05:32] | Well, he better not be working on our guidance system. | 他最好不是在搞我们的导向系统 |
[05:35] | That was my idea. | 那可是我的点子 |
[05:36] | Why don’t we call Colonel Williams | 我打给威廉姆斯上校 |
[05:37] | and find out what’s going on. | 问问到底是什么情况吧 |
[05:39] | Great. I want answers and he’d better give them to us. | 很好 老子想要真相 他最好乖乖回答 |
[05:44] | Hello, gentlemen. | 两位好 |
[05:45] | Hi, sir. Um, Leonard has a question. | 长官 莱纳德有问题问你 |
[05:51] | Hey, is Sheldon working on our project again? | 谢尔顿是不是又在做我们之前的项目 |
[05:54] | Did he say that? | 他这么说了吗 |
[05:55] | No, he wouldn’t tell us. | 没 他不愿意告诉我们 |
[05:57] | Huh. So he can keep his mouth shut. | 原来他是能闭上嘴巴的 |
[06:01] | How do I get him to do that? | 那我该怎么做才能让他闭嘴呢 |
[06:04] | Is he working on our guidance system or not? | 他到底有没有在做我们的导向系统项目 |
[06:07] | Dr. Cooper contacted us with an idea on how to modify | 库珀博士联系了我们 说到了一个 |
[06:10] | your technology into a communication system, | 修改你们的技术 来把它变成通信系统的点子 |
[06:13] | and it seemed interesting. | 而这点子听起来不错 |
[06:14] | But our team developed that technology. | 但这技术是我们团队开发出来的 |
[06:18] | And he was your team leader. | 而他是你们团队的领导 |
[06:19] | Well, who said he was team leader? | 谁说他是负责人了 |
[06:21] | He did. | 他说的 |
[06:23] | And I like that kind of “take charge” attitude. | 我喜欢那种”掌控大局”的态度 |
[06:26] | We can have “take charge” attitudes. | 我们也可以有”掌控大局”的态度啊 |
[06:28] | Then why didn’t either of you ask to be team leader? | 那你俩怎么都没提出要当小组负责人呢 |
[06:31] | We didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes. | 我们不想冒犯到其他人 |
[06:34] | Yeah, so we were just waiting for you to | 对 我们在等你告诉我们 |
[06:36] | tell us who you thought– Okay, I hear it. | 你认为谁… 好吧 我听出来了 |
[06:41] | – Are we done? – No, no. | -说完了吗 -还没 |
[06:43] | I am taking charge right now and telling you | 我现在就要掌控大局 告诉你 |
[06:46] | that it is not okay with us if… | 我们很不满意你… |
[06:48] | Okay, bye. | 好吧 拜 |
[06:53] | Hey. I just got your text. Everything okay? | 我刚收到你的短信 没出什么事吧 |
[06:56] | Yeah, there’s just something I need to ask you. | 没事 只是有一件事想问你 |
[06:59] | Oh, Bernie, I’d be thrilled. | 妮妮 我会高兴死的 |
[07:01] | It’s not be my birth coach. | 不是要叫你当我的生育指导 |
[07:04] | Okay, that hurts, but luckily I know how to breathe through it. | 伤心了 但幸好我懂如何调整呼吸撑过去 |
[07:12] | I need you to find out if Ruchi’s trying to steal | 我要你查出 如琪是否想趁我卧床休养时 |
[07:14] | my projects at work while I’m on bed rest. | 抢走我的研究项目 |
[07:16] | She’s not that kind of a person. | 她不是那种人 |
[07:19] | She’s-she’s generous and charitable. | 她慷慨大方 乐善好施 |
[07:21] | You’re just saying that ’cause she’s sleeping with you. | 你这么说纯粹是因为她愿意跟你睡 |
[07:24] | Yes, that’s my favorite charity. | 对啊 这是我最喜欢的善举 |
[07:27] | I know I sound paranoid, but I’m feeling really vulnerable. | 我知道感觉很多疑 但我真的感到很脆弱 |
[07:31] | If there’s anything you could find out, it’d be great. | 要是你能查出点消息 那就太好了 |
[07:34] | And if she is up to anything, what are you gonna do? | 如果她真的有企图 你打算怎么做 |
[07:38] | Nothing. | 什么都不做 |
[07:39] | I’ll just calmly talk to her and explain | 我只会平静地跟她解释 |
[07:41] | there are certain boundaries that need to be respected. | 做人要懂得尊重界线 |
[07:43] | It’s really for the benefit of everyone at the company. | 这都是为了公司里的大家好 |
[07:49] | Uh, okay, what you’re saying sounds nice, | 你的语气听起来很平和 |
[07:53] | but the way you’re saying it | 但你说话的语气 |
[07:54] | is causing my testicles to take cover in my abdomen. | 让我的蛋蛋都吓得缩进小腹了 |
[08:00] | What do you want to watch? | 你想看什么 |
[08:02] | Oh, why don’t you pick. | 你来选吧 |
[08:04] | Okay, how about comedy? | 好啊 喜剧怎么样 |
[08:06] | Eh, I already laughed today. | 我今天已经笑过了 |
[08:09] | I know. It was when I stubbed my toe. | 我知道 在我踢到脚趾头的时候 |
[08:13] | Still funny. | 还是很好笑 |
[08:16] | Drama? | 剧情片呢 |
[08:16] | Nah, I’ve already seen someone cry today. | 不了 我今天已经看过别人哭了 |
[08:19] | It really hurt, Sheldon! | 当时真的很疼 谢尔顿 |
[08:24] | We talked to Colonel Williams. | 我们和威廉姆斯上校谈过了 |
[08:25] | He told us everything. | 他全都告诉我们了 |
[08:26] | I’m sorry, can we do this another time? | 不好意思 能不能改天再说这个 |
[08:28] | Amy’s just about to realize she wants to watch a Hulk marathon. | 艾米快要意识到她想看浩克系列电影啦 |
[08:33] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[08:34] | Sheldon went to the Air Force behind our backs. | 谢尔顿背着我们偷偷去找空军 |
[08:37] | I did nothing of the sort. | 我才没做这种事 |
[08:38] | I had an idea | 我有个想法 |
[08:40] | for a neutrino-based communication system, | 一种基于微中子的通讯系统 |
[08:42] | I presented it to them, and they were interested. | 我告诉了他们 他们很感兴趣 |
[08:44] | But y-your communication system | 但你的通讯系统 |
[08:46] | was based on our guidance system. | 是根据我们的导向系统制造的 |
[08:48] | And sonar is based on bats. | 声呐也是根据蝙蝠制造的 |
[08:50] | You don’t see them hanging upside down | 你也没见它们倒挂在 |
[08:52] | in a patent attorney’s office. | 专利律师的办公室里啊 |
[08:55] | You know what, you like to think that you’re just like Tesla, | 你知道吗 你喜欢把自己比作特斯拉 |
[08:57] | but the truth is you’re exactly like Edison. | 但事实就是 你跟爱迪生一模一样 |
[09:00] | You take that back. | 收回这句话 |
[09:01] | No, he’s right. | 不 他说得对 |
[09:03] | You are a bully, a credit hog and a self-promoter. | 你就是个爱抢功劳 自我吹捧的恶霸 |
[09:07] | And if anyone around here is like Tesla, it’s us. | 要说这里真有谁像特斯拉 那也是我们 |
[09:13] | Yeah. | 就是啊 |
[09:18] | Can you believe they said I was just like Edison? | 你敢相信他们说我跟爱迪生一模一样吗 |
[09:21] | Yeah, and in front of a lady, no less. | 而且还当着一位淑女的面 |
[09:24] | Well, you are building on their work | 你确实是在他们的研究基础上继续发展 |
[09:26] | and taking the credit for it. | 还把功劳揽上身 |
[09:28] | That’s a classic Edison move. | 这是典型爱迪生会干的事 |
[09:30] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[09:31] | Well, if I’m Edison and you love me, | 如果我是爱迪生 而你爱我 |
[09:33] | then what does that say about you? | 那这说明你又是什么人呢 |
[09:35] | I honestly don’t know. | 老实说 我真的不知道 |
[09:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:39] | Well, I have to Google some stuff about Mrs. Edison. | 我得上网去查查爱迪生太太了 |
[09:41] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[09:47] | You know whose fault this is? | 你知道这是谁的错吗 |
[09:49] | I do. | 我知道 |
[09:50] | Yours. | 你的错 |
[09:51] | No, my mother’s. | 不 是我妈的 |
[09:53] | “Go make friends, Sheldon.” | “去交朋友吧 谢尔顿” |
[09:57] | What happens? | 结果呢 |
[09:58] | 20 years later, they call me names. | 20年后 他们给我起绰号骂我 |
[10:01] | I don’t think what they called you is the point here. | 我觉得他们叫你什么不是重点 |
[10:04] | Oh, yeah? How would you feel | 是吗 那要是我用你不喜欢的 |
[10:06] | if I called you the name of a neuroscientist you didn’t like? | 神经系统科学家的名字来叫你 你会作何感想 |
[10:09] | Do you know the name of any neuroscientist? | 你知道任何神经系统科学家的名字吗 |
[10:12] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[10:13] | Not me? | 除了我之外 |
[10:16] | Then no. | 那就没了 |
[10:19] | Do you think they’re right, Amy? | 你觉得他们是对的吗 艾米 |
[10:22] | Do you think I’m like Edison? | 你觉得我像爱迪生一样吗 |
[10:26] | Sheldon, I don’t think you’re upset | 谢尔顿 我觉得你不开心 |
[10:28] | because of what kind of scientist they said you’re like. | 不是因为他们说你像哪种科学家 |
[10:32] | I think you’re upset because | 而是因为 |
[10:33] | your friend’s feelings got hurt. | 你的朋友们内心受伤了 |
[10:37] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[10:38] | I care too much about other people’s feelings. | 我太在乎别人的感受了 |
[10:43] | It’s always been my fatal flaw. | 这向来是我的致命弱点 |
[10:47] | Sheldon, I don’t think… | 谢尔顿 我觉得不… |
[10:48] | No, no, not now, Amy. I’m growing as a person. | 先别说话 艾米 我正在成长呢 |
[10:54] | Ah, that was fun. | 刚才真爽 |
[10:56] | Put her there, buddy. | 伸出你的小拳拳 |
[11:00] | I am not fist bumping you after we have sex. | 我才不要跟你睡完后击拳庆祝呢 |
[11:03] | You’re the one who wanted to keep things casual. | 是你说想保持玩玩的关系 |
[11:05] | There’s a difference between casual and weird. | 玩玩和怪异是有区别的 |
[11:08] | Not the way I do it. | 对我来说没有 |
[11:12] | So, um… how was, how was your day? | 你今天过得怎么样 |
[11:16] | Like, how’s-how’s work? | 工作顺利吗 |
[11:18] | Oh, great. | 很好 |
[11:19] | With Bernadette gone, | 伯纳黛特走了之后 |
[11:20] | I’m getting to handle all her projects. | 她的项目都由我负责了 |
[11:23] | Well, she’s-she’s not gone. | 她不是走了 |
[11:25] | She’ll be back soon. | 她很快会回来 |
[11:27] | Not too soon, let’s hope. | 但愿不会太快 |
[11:31] | So it turns out Ruchi is totally | 原来如琪真的想 |
[11:33] | trying to take over Bernadette’s projects. | 抢走伯纳黛特的项目 |
[11:35] | Wow, she just told you that out of the blue? | 她就突然告诉你了吗 |
[11:37] | Yeah, yeah, we had just made love. | 是啊 我们当时刚做完爱 |
[11:38] | It was so beautiful. | 画面太美 |
[11:41] | Our caramel-colored bodies | 我俩焦糖色的胴体 |
[11:43] | were entwined like erotic taffy… | 像色情的太妃糖般交缠在一起 |
[11:45] | Get to the point! | 说重点 |
[11:48] | Uh, sorry, uh, yeah. | 抱歉 |
[11:49] | I-I asked her about work, and she just admitted | 我问起她的工作 她就承认了 |
[11:52] | she has her eyes on Bernadette’s projects. | 她在觊觎伯纳黛特的项目 |
[11:54] | Can’t believe she would take advantage | 真不敢相信她会这样 |
[11:55] | of a pregnant lady like that. | 占一个孕妇的便宜 |
[11:56] | So what did you do? | 那你做了什么 |
[11:57] | What do you think I did? | 你说呢 |
[11:59] | I made small talk for 20 minutes and had sex again. | 我跟她闲聊了20分钟后又再打了一炮 |
[12:03] | You have to say something to Bernie. | 你一定要告诉妮妮 |
[12:04] | I don’t know. If I do that, she’s gonna confront Ruchi, | 我不确定 要是我告诉她 她一定会质问如琪 |
[12:07] | and then Ruchi’s gonna stop sleeping with me. | 如琪就不会再跟我打炮了 |
[12:08] | Raj, you can’t go on sleeping with a woman | 拉杰 你不能继续睡一个 |
[12:10] | who’s trying to screw over your friend. | 想搞死你朋友的女人 |
[12:13] | Can’t or must? | 不能睡还是必须睡 |
[12:18] | You know, that guidance system was my idea. | 那个导向系统是我的点子 |
[12:20] | You figured out how to make it work. | 是你想通了该如何实现 |
[12:21] | We didn’t even need Sheldon. | 我们根本就不需要谢尔顿 |
[12:23] | Let’s not forget your idea was based on my theory. | 别忘了你的点子是建立在我的理论上的 |
[12:25] | Hey, we’re bagging on Sheldon here! Focus! | 我们正在骂谢尔顿呢 别内讧 |
[12:31] | I guess it was pretty smart using our quantum technology | 他能想到用我们的量子技术 |
[12:33] | as the basis for a communication system. | 作为通信系统的基础 还是挺聪明的 |
[12:35] | Be even better if he swapped out the helium for xenon. | 如果他把氦替换为氙 效果会更好 |
[12:38] | Ooh. So instead of having to keep it at negative 271 degrees, | 那样就不需要将温度保持在零下271度 |
[12:42] | you’d only have to keep it at negative 108. | 而是零下108度就行了 |
[12:44] | It would be way more efficient. | 这样就更高效了 |
[12:45] | And xenon has a bigger nucleus, | 氙有更大的核 |
[12:47] | so coherence would make it an easier signal to see. | 其相干性会让它的成为更易发现的信号 |
[12:50] | You’re brilliant! | 你真是天才 |
[12:51] | We should tell Sheldon. | 我们应该告诉谢尔顿 |
[12:52] | You’re an idiot! | 你真是蠢材 |
[12:55] | We don’t tell Sheldon. | 我们才不要告诉谢尔顿 |
[12:56] | We go to the military behind his back | 我们背着他偷偷联系军队 |
[12:58] | and we screw him like he screwed us. | 就像他背叛我们一样背叛他 |
[12:59] | All right, you’re right, you’re right, we don’t need him. | 你是对的 你是对的 我们不需要他 |
[13:01] | We can do this all on our own. | 我们可以自己来 |
[13:02] | – Do you think you can do the math? – No. | -其中的运算你能行吗 -不行 |
[13:06] | But if someone else does it, | 但如果其他人算出来了 |
[13:08] | I can double check the crap out of it. | 我绝对能狠狠验算一遍 |
[13:13] | I want you to know, I did what you asked. | 我想告诉你 我按你的吩咐去做了 |
[13:15] | I talked to Ruchi and found out what’s going on at work. | 我和如琪聊了工作上的事 |
[13:18] | So is she trying to steal my projects? | 所以她是试图想偷走我的项目吗 |
[13:20] | No, not trying to, sounds like it’s a done deal. | 不 不是试图 是差不多已经得到了 |
[13:22] | Here, have a brownie. | 来 吃块巧克力蛋糕吧 |
[13:25] | I’m gonna kill her. | 我要杀了她 |
[13:26] | Okay, don’t take this out on Ruchi. | 好啦 不要记恨如琪 |
[13:28] | Is she trying to take your job? Yes. | 她是想偷走你的工作吗 是的 |
[13:30] | Is she parking in your space? Yes. | 她的车是停在你的车位吗 是的 |
[13:31] | Did she get a laugh at a meeting yesterday | 她在昨天的会议上取笑 |
[13:33] | by calling you “Pregnadette”? Big one. | 你是”博纳带球” 好笑吗 笑成一片 |
[13:37] | But you would’ve done the exact same thing, and you know it. | 但你也会和她做同样的事 你自己清楚 |
[13:40] | I never would’ve undermined a coworker. | 我才不会在同事背后捅刀呢 |
[13:42] | What? Oh, please. Wh-What about that guy Eric, | 什么 少来 还记得那个艾瑞克吗 |
[13:45] | who you told it was “Bring Your Cat to Work Day” | 你明明知道老板有哮喘 |
[13:47] | when you knew your boss had asthma? | 还故意骗他说有”带猫上班日” |
[13:51] | That was just a hilarious prank | 我只是想捉弄他 |
[13:53] | that ended with me getting a corner office. | 谁知道我因此得到了大间的办公室呢 |
[13:57] | All I’m saying is before you attack Ruchi, | 我想说的是在你攻击如琪之前 |
[13:59] | maybe you should take a long hard look in the mirror, | 也许你应该在镜子里好好看看自己 |
[14:02] | because you know what you’ll see– | 因为你会看到 |
[14:03] | apart from radiant skin and luxuriously thick hair? | 除了你闪亮的皮肤和奢华浓密的金发之外 |
[14:06] | Hypocrisy! | 有一个虚伪小人 |
[14:13] | It is thick. | 确实浓密 |
[14:17] | So what do you think? Can you make it work? | 你觉得如何 你能算出来吗 |
[14:19] | Uh, I just need to use the cross section | 我只需要用横截面 |
[14:22] | to calculate the probability of the interaction. | 算出相互作用的概率 |
[14:24] | Can we help? | 我们能帮忙吗 |
[14:26] | Yes. | 可以 |
[14:27] | Why don’t you run get me a can of Pringles. | 帮忙我去买一罐品客薯片吧 |
[14:32] | Leonard, I was– | 莱纳德 我… |
[14:33] | What’s Kripke doing here? | 克里普奇在这里干什么 |
[14:34] | Oh, he’s just helping us develop a better, more efficient | 他正在帮我们开发一种更好 更高效的 |
[14:37] | neutrino comm system that we’re gonna pitch to the military, | 中微子通讯系统 我们就能联系军队 |
[14:40] | making yours obsolete. | 彻底打垮你 |
[14:41] | Yeah, Leonard thought of it. | 没错 是莱纳德想出来的 |
[14:42] | – It’s genius. – ?Oh, thanks. | -非常聪明 -谢谢 |
[14:43] | You see, instead of using liquid helium… | 我没有用液氦而是用… |
[14:45] | – Good God, man, shut up! – Right, sorry. | -妈呀 快闭嘴 -对不起 |
[14:50] | You didn’t tell me we were doing this just to stick it to Sheldon. | 你没说算这个是为了整治谢尔顿呀 |
[14:53] | Oh, well… | 那个… |
[14:54] | I messing with you. This sundae just got a cherry on top! | 逗你玩呢 这不是锦上添花吗 |
[15:00] | Fine. Good luck to you. | 好吧 祝你们好运 |
[15:02] | The military is already interested in my system, | 军方已经对我的系统感兴趣了 |
[15:04] | and my math is worked out. | 我的运算也都完成了 |
[15:05] | His still has a big gap in it. | 他的运算中还有一个大空白 |
[15:08] | Where? | 在哪里 |
[15:10] | There. | 就这儿 |
[15:15] | Can I ask you a question? ? | 我可以问一个问题吗 |
[15:17] | Does a drug still count as an antidepressant | 如果一种药的头号副作用是让人不停地哭 |
[15:20] | if its number one side effect is uncontrollable weeping? | 它还能算是抗抑郁剂吗 |
[15:25] | I don’t know. I always feel better after a good cry. | 不知道 反正我每次哭完都觉得好爽 |
[15:29] | I’ve been trying to ask Bernadette, | 我一直想问问博纳黛特的意见 |
[15:30] | but she’s not answering any of my texts. | 但她完全不回我的短信 |
[15:32] | Yeah, uh, listen, I think she might be a little threatened by you, you know, | 听着 我觉得她有点被你威胁到了 |
[15:37] | because you can tie your own shoes and laugh without peeing. | 因为你能系自己的鞋带 大笑时不会漏尿 |
[15:40] | Did she say something to you? | 她对你说什么了吗 |
[15:42] | No. | 没有 |
[15:43] | I mean, well, kind of. | 好吧 说了一点 |
[15:45] | But it’s okay. She’s just hormonal. | 不过没事的 她是荷尔蒙作祟 |
[15:47] | And, you know, don’t worry, I stood up for you. | 你也别担心 我为你说话了 |
[15:49] | I don’t need you to stand up for me. | 我才不需要你为我说话呢 |
[15:51] | You’re not my boyfriend. | 你又不是我男朋友 |
[15:53] | Look, I care about you, | 我很关心你 |
[15:55] | and you can say that this doesn’t mean anything, | 你可以说这一切不代表什么 |
[15:57] | but the truth is we’re in a relationship, okay? | 但事实上我俩算是在交往中 |
[16:00] | And you’re gonna have to figure out some way to deal with it. | 总有一天你得想出办法面对这事 |
[16:03] | I can’t believe she dumped me. | 真不敢相信她居然把我甩了 |
[16:07] | This is tough for me, ’cause I can. | 好难回答 因为我完全能相信啊 |
[16:14] | Sorry things worked out like that. | 很遗憾事情最后变成这样 |
[16:17] | Because I’m in pain or because you don’t have a spy anymore? | 因为我痛苦分手 还是因为你失去了一个间谍 |
[16:21] | Let’s just leave it at “I’m sorry.” | 你知道我很遗憾就够了 |
[16:22] | You’re already sad. | 你已经够伤心了 |
[16:27] | Based on Kripke’s calculations, | 根据克里普奇的计算 |
[16:29] | I think this is gonna work. | 我们应该能成功 |
[16:30] | Maybe we should pitch it to Colonel Williams today. | 也许我们应该今天去跟威廉上校说说 |
[16:32] | Why limit ourselves to the U.S. Military? | 干嘛把自己局限于美国军队呢 |
[16:35] | I bet there’s a lot of other places we could take this. | 肯定还有很多人想要我们的项目呢 |
[16:37] | Without committing criminal espionage? | 我是说不会被当成间谍抓起来的那种 |
[16:39] | You know, it’s easy to shoot an idea down, Leonard. | 打击别人的想法不要钱是吧 莱纳德 |
[16:43] | Well, I suppose congratulations are in order. | 我想我应该恭喜两位了 |
[16:47] | You set out to destroy me, and you achieved your goal. | 你们想打击我 你们成功了 |
[16:50] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[16:51] | The military canceled my project, | 军队取消了我的项目 |
[16:53] | because they’re going with yours. | 因为他们要和你们合作了 |
[16:54] | That’s impossible. We haven’t even pitched it yet. | 不可能 我们根本还没联系呢 |
[16:57] | Well, Colonel Williams said another team at Caltech | 威廉上校告诉我加州理工的另一个团队 |
[17:00] | came up with a more efficient neutrino comm system. | 开发出了更高效的中微子通讯系统 |
[17:02] | Damn it! | 我去 |
[17:05] | Excuse us. | 我们离开一下 |
[17:07] | Kripke. | 克里普奇 |
[17:10] | What’s up, fellas? | 怎么了 各位 |
[17:10] | Did you screw us over? | 你背叛了我们吗 |
[17:12] | Ooh, I can’t tell you that. | 哇 我可不能告诉你 |
[17:14] | It’s classified. | 这是机密 |
[17:21] | Why did you tell Barry Kripke your idea? | 你们干嘛把点子告诉巴里·克里普奇 |
[17:24] | This is all your fault. | 这都怪你俩 |
[17:25] | No, it’s your fault. | 不 是你的错 |
[17:27] | If you would’ve come to us in the beginning, | 如果你一开始就和我们联手 |
[17:28] | none of this would’ve happened. | 这些烂事就不会发生了 |
[17:29] | Well, if it helps, you all behaved terribly | 如果能安慰到你们的话 你们都做错了 |
[17:31] | and you deserve what you got. | 你们自食恶果完全活该 |
[17:33] | Well, that doesn’t help at all. | 完全没有好吗 |
[17:36] | You know, sometimes your social skills are very poor. | 有时候你的社交技巧真是令人发指 |
[17:41] | Can’t believe we let Kripke use us like that. | 真不敢相信我们被克里普奇利用了 |
[17:44] | You know, maybe you’re all more like the guy | 也许你们都更像那个 |
[17:46] | who didn’t invent the electric car | 电动汽车以他为名却不是他发明的家伙 |
[17:49] | and less like the guy who didn’t invent the lightbulb. | 而不像那个其实没发明灯泡的家伙吧 |
[17:57] | She’s right. Maybe we’re all a bunch of Teslas after all. | 她说得对 也许我们全都是特斯拉 |
[18:01] | Didn’t Tesla die penniless, forgotten and insane? | 特斯拉最后不是默默无闻地死于贫穷和癫狂吗 |
[18:04] | You may have a point about her social skills. | 你对她社交技巧的评价太到位了 |
[18:08] | He wasn’t insane. | 他才没有发疯 |
[18:10] | He did fall in love with a pigeon. | 他的确有爱上了一只鸽子 |
[18:12] | Well, if we’re gonna call Tesla crazy | 如果特斯拉喜欢小小丑丑的东西 |
[18:14] | for loving something small and unappealing, | 就要被说成是疯子的话 |
[18:16] | might as well put Penny in a padded cell right now. | 不如马上把佩妮关进疯人院吧 |