时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Go! | 开始 |
[00:05] | Come on, Raj! | 拉杰 加油 |
[00:06] | You can do this! | 你可以的 |
[00:07] | There’s no way. | 绝对不可能 |
[00:08] | What is happening? | 这是在干嘛 |
[00:09] | This is an Euler’s Disk. | 这是欧拉盘 |
[00:10] | It’s a physics toy | 是一种物理学玩具 |
[00:11] | that demonstrates angular momentum, | 用来演示角动量 |
[00:12] | potential energy, and kinetic energy. | 势能与动能 |
[00:14] | Aw, look at you watching sports. | 你们几个小宅男还看体育呢 |
[00:18] | We’re betting to see if Koothrappali | 我们在打赌库萨帕里 |
[00:19] | can hold his breath longer than the disk can spin. | 能不能憋气到这欧拉盘静止后才呼吸 |
[00:21] | Its weight and smoothness, | 它的重量与平滑度 |
[00:23] | along with the slight concavity of the mirror, | 再加上底下镜面盘的些微凹度 |
[00:24] | means it can spin for a long time. | 都意味着它可以转很久 |
[00:26] | But Raj is from India, | 但拉杰来自印度 |
[00:28] | which means he’s no slouch at holding his breath. | 这表示在憋气这件事上 他也是经验丰富 |
[00:32] | Okay, I want in. Ten bucks says | 我也要赌 我赌十块钱 |
[00:33] | I’ll lose interest before that thing stops spinning. | 我会在这玩意静止之前就对这事失去兴致 |
[00:37] | Hey, Sheldon, I found a great restaurant for date night. | 谢尔顿 我找到一家适合约会的餐厅 |
[00:39] | Kind of busy right now. | 现在很忙 别吵 |
[00:41] | Oh, an Euler’s Disk! Fun! | 是欧拉盘 真有趣 |
[00:43] | Yeah, we’re seeing if Raj can hold his breath longer than it. | 我们在看是它转的时间久 还是拉杰憋气时间久 |
[00:45] | Oh. Immature. | 真幼稚 |
[00:49] | How ya doing? | 憋得住吗 |
[00:50] | He’s not gonna make it. | 他绝对不行 |
[00:52] | – Yes, he is! – You know, | -他行的 -你知道吗 |
[00:53] | deep-sea divers holding their breath for several minutes | 深水潜水员在憋气好几分钟后 |
[00:56] | have shown elevated markers of a protein | 所发出脑损伤信号的 |
[00:58] | that can signal brain damage. | 蛋白质明显增多 |
[01:00] | Yeah, see, what’s happening here signals brain damage. | 这里正发生的事情也是脑损伤的信号 |
[01:05] | My God, how long does this thing spin for? | 天啊 这东西会转多久啊 |
[01:07] | Ha! You’re interested! You’re out ten bucks! | 你感兴趣了 十块钱输掉啦 |
[01:10] | – It’s slowing down! – Dig deep! | -开始慢下来了 -发挥你的潜力 |
[01:12] | Like when we bet you couldn’t fit into Howard’s pants! | 就像那次我们打赌你穿不进霍华德的裤子 |
[01:17] | He’s not gonna make it! | 他撑不下去啦 |
[01:18] | Yes, he is! | 他可以的 |
[01:19] | Come on, Raj! It’s like your favorite movie! | 加油啊 拉杰 就像你最爱的电影 |
[01:21] | You’re just Waiting to Exhale! | 你要”憋到梦醒时分” |
[01:28] | Yeah! I knew you could do it! | 我就知道你可以 |
[01:32] | And j.. and just so you know, | 另… 另外告诉你 |
[01:34] | my favorite movie… | 我最爱的电影… |
[01:36] | is Princess Bride. | 是《公主新娘》 |
[02:07] | Hello, Rajesh. How are things by you? | 拉杰什 最近好吗 |
[02:09] | Good, good. | 挺好 挺好啊 |
[02:11] | Uh, listen, I just wanted to let you know | 我想先跟你说一下 |
[02:13] | when you get my credit card bill, | 你这个月看到我信用卡账单时 |
[02:14] | it might be a little high this month. | 可能会发现这个月账有点多 |
[02:16] | Well, you’re a grown man with a steady job. | 毕竟你也是个有稳定工作收入的成年人 |
[02:18] | Why wouldn’t you spend all your father’s money? | 花光你老爸的钱也是合情合理的嘛 |
[02:23] | Oh, Daddy, you’re so rich and funny. | 爹爹 你真是又有钱又幽默 |
[02:27] | Yeah. So what else is going on with your life? | 所以你最近还有什么别的事呢 |
[02:29] | Uh, well, I was dating a woman at the university, | 我之前跟大学里的一个女人约会 |
[02:33] | but we broke up. | 不过后来分手了 |
[02:34] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾听到这消息 |
[02:35] | I know you are. That’s why you just bought me a new iPad. | 我知道 所以我帮你买了新iPad来安慰我 |
[02:40] | And before you start, | 我想先告诉你 |
[02:41] | I am not interested in you arranging a marriage for me. | 我对你的包办婚姻一点兴趣都没有 |
[02:45] | Oh, I gave up on that a long time ago. | 我几百年前就放弃这事了好吗 |
[02:47] | You did? | 是吗 |
[02:48] | It’s too much work. | 太累人了 |
[02:50] | You’re an adult who can’t get by | 你都几岁了还得靠 |
[02:51] | without an allowance from his parents. | 老爸老妈给的零花钱才能过活 |
[02:53] | Women don’t want that. | 女人才不喜欢这种男人 |
[02:55] | Wh-What are you saying, that y-you’re giving up on me? | 你啥意思啊 你放弃我了吗 |
[02:58] | What kind of father gives up on his son? | 什么样的爸爸会放弃自己的儿子啊 |
[03:00] | I have six children, | 我有六个孩子 |
[03:01] | five of whom are married and self-sufficient. | 其中五个都已婚 而且能养活自己 |
[03:04] | I don’t think I’m the problem. | 我想问题应该不在我身上 |
[03:08] | I can’t believe what I’m hearing. | 真不敢相信你会说这种话 |
[03:10] | This is deeply hurtful. | 太伤人家的小心肝了 |
[03:12] | You’re also too sensitive. | 你还是个玻璃心 |
[03:13] | Women don’t want that either. | 女人也不喜欢这种男人 |
[03:20] | The food here’s supposed to be great. | 这里的餐点据说很好吃 |
[03:21] | Don’t fill up on chips. | 别洋芋片吃饱了 |
[03:23] | Oh, I won’t. I have a trick. | 不会的 我有个小秘诀 |
[03:24] | I only eat equilateral triangles. | 我只吃等边三角形的洋芋片 |
[03:28] | Isosceles, isosceles, | 等腰 等腰三角形 |
[03:31] | oh, scalene… | 不等边三角形… |
[03:35] | You didn’t see that. | 你没看到这幕 |
[03:39] | Oh, look. It’s Bert, at the bar. | 你看是伯特 在吧台那里 |
[03:41] | We should go say hi. | 我们应该过去打个招呼 |
[03:43] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:45] | Because that’s what you do | 因为这是正常人 |
[03:47] | when you see someone you know in a public place. | 在公共场合看到认识的人时该做的举动 |
[03:50] | I have multiple restraining orders that say otherwise. | 我有好几张限制令证明不是这样 |
[03:56] | Sheldon, there’s a difference between greeting a friend | 谢尔顿 跟朋友打个招呼与 |
[03:58] | and following a celebrity into a bathroom. | 跟踪名人进厕所是有区别的 |
[04:02] | If the judge couldn’t explain it to me, | 连法官都不能跟我解释通 |
[04:03] | I don’t see how you will. | 你凭什么觉得你行呢 |
[04:08] | – Hi, Bert. – Hello. | -伯特 -你好 |
[04:10] | Oh, hey, guys. | 你们好呀 |
[04:11] | What brings you here? | 你们怎么会在这里 |
[04:12] | – Oh, we’re having date night. – Nice. | -我们是来约会的 -不错嘛 |
[04:14] | I’m meeting someone, too. | 我也约了人 |
[04:15] | Oh, really. Anybody we know? | 是吗 是我们认识的人吗 |
[04:17] | I doubt it. I met her on G-Harmony. | 应该不是 我们是在天地合网上认识的 |
[04:20] | That’s a Web site for geologists to find love. | 那是专门为地质学家创立的婚恋网站 |
[04:24] | That’s a real thing? | 还真有这种网站啊 |
[04:25] | Yeah. Their slogan is “we’re all about dating | 当然 他们的口号是”合时为你安排约会 |
[04:28] | and not the carbon-14 kind.” | 而非用碳14测何时” |
[04:33] | Well, have a lovely evening. | 祝你们有个美好的夜晚 |
[04:35] | Thanks. You, too. | 谢谢 你们也一样 |
[04:38] | If you think that’s more fun than talking to Zachary Quinto | 如果你觉得这样比跟明星扎克瑞·昆图 |
[04:40] | through a stall door, you’re crazy. | 隔着厕所门说话更有意思 那你真是疯了 |
[04:45] | You know, we could’ve come to you guys. | 其实我们可以去你们家 |
[04:46] | You didn’t have to bring the baby here. | 这样就不用把宝宝带过来了啦 |
[04:48] | Oh, it’s okay. It’s good to get out of the house. | 没关系 走出家门的感觉真好 |
[04:49] | And the car ride puts her to sleep. | 而且她一坐车就乖乖睡觉 |
[04:51] | Aw, that used to work with Sheldon. | 以前这招对谢尔顿也管用 |
[04:54] | Yeah, until someone left him in the drugstore parking lot | 是啊 直到某人把他扔在药店的停车场 |
[04:57] | and he freaked out. | 让他吓了个半死 |
[04:58] | Who forgot to crack the window? | 是谁忘了把车窗留一点缝 |
[05:01] | Hello! | 你们好呀 |
[05:03] | Someone’s been shopping at Gucci. | 有人去古奇购物了 |
[05:05] | Yeah, I saw something for Halley and I couldn’t resist. | 是啊 我觉得超适合哈雷就忍不住买了 |
[05:08] | That’s so sweet of you. | 你真是太好了 |
[05:09] | Yeah, it’s a crushed velvet baby cape. | 是压皱天鹅绒宝宝斗篷哦 |
[05:15] | Oh, no, now we have two. | 不是吧 现在我们有两件了 |
[05:19] | – That must’ve been expensive. – Yeah, it was. | -一定很贵吧 -是啊 |
[05:21] | But it’s my father’s money and I’m mad at him. | 但花的是我老爹的钱 反正我也不爽他 |
[05:25] | What’s going on with your dad? | 你跟你爸怎么了 |
[05:26] | And if you really want to hurt him, | 如果你真的想惹毛他 |
[05:27] | I look great in Chanel. | 我穿香奈儿可好看了 |
[05:30] | It turns out he doesn’t care if I’m married or if I’m single. | 我才发现他根本不在乎我结婚还是单身 |
[05:33] | He’s basically given up on me. | 他基本已经放弃我了 |
[05:35] | Oh, I’m sure that’s not true. | 我敢说一定不是真的 |
[05:37] | It is. He stopped trying to find Indian girls for me to marry. | 是真的 他不再帮我找印度姑娘逼我成亲了 |
[05:40] | All you did was complain when he did that. | 你爸这么做时 你也只是一昧抱怨啊 |
[05:42] | Leonard, he’s hurting. Let him feel how he feels. | 莱纳德 他正伤心呢 让他发泄 |
[05:45] | – Thank you, Penny. – Yeah. | -多谢体谅 佩妮 -不客气 |
[05:47] | Shoes, I’m a seven-and-a-half; boots, I’m an eight. | 我鞋子穿7码半 靴子穿8码 |
[05:52] | …MSN Search, | MSN搜索 |
[05:54] | AltaVista, | 阿尔塔维斯塔 |
[05:56] | and… Ask Jeeves. | 有事就问吉福斯 |
[05:59] | You? | 你呢 |
[06:01] | Sorry, I don’t have a list of defunct search engines that I miss. | 抱歉 我没有需要怀念的过气搜索引擎列表 |
[06:06] | Hey. Looks like I got stood up, | 看来我被人放鸽子了 |
[06:08] | – so I’m gonna head out. – Oh, no. | -所以我还是走吧 -别啊 |
[06:10] | Are you sure you don’t want to give her a few more minutes? | 你确定不再多等她几分钟吗 |
[06:13] | Nah, G-Harmony recommends after two hours, | 不了 天地合网的建议等待时间是两小时 |
[06:16] | it’s time to cut bait. | 是时候该放弃了 |
[06:20] | I’m so sorry. | 我感到很遗憾 |
[06:21] | Bert, I insist that you join us. | 伯特 请你加入我们吧 |
[06:25] | You really wouldn’t mind? | 你真的不介意吗 |
[06:26] | Not at all. Amy? | 完全不会 艾米你呢 |
[06:28] | Fine with me. | 我也不介意 |
[06:29] | Thanks. I’ll go grab a chair. | 谢谢 那我去拿把椅子 |
[06:32] | Sheldon, that was so sweet of you. | 谢尔顿 你的举动真是太暖了 |
[06:35] | Well, I could deduce by his facial expression | 我从他的脸部表情和肢体语言 |
[06:37] | and body language that he was sad. | 推断出他很难过 |
[06:40] | So the part where he got stood up didn’t clue you in? | 他说自己被人放鸽子时你没想到吗 |
[06:44] | You want me to look at him and listen to him? | 你还指望我会一边观察他 一边听他的废话吗 |
[06:49] | My father thinks the reason I can’t make a relationship work | 我父亲觉得我的每段感情之所以不成功 |
[06:52] | is because I’m spoiled. | 是因为我是被宠坏的屁孩 |
[07:00] | I’m sorry, is he waiting for someone to disagree? | 抱歉 他是在等着有人提出反对意见吗 |
[07:03] | Just because he helps me out | 就因为他金援我 |
[07:05] | doesn’t automatically mean that I’m spoiled. | 并不意味着我被他宠坏了 |
[07:07] | All right, how much exactly does he pay for? | 好吧 那他到底帮你解决多少账单 |
[07:11] | Okay, I’ll tell you, | 我会告诉你们 |
[07:13] | but please don’t judge me. | 但请不要鄙视我 |
[07:14] | He pays for my car, my rent, and my credit cards. | 我的车 我的房租和信用卡的账单都是他付的 |
[07:21] | I’m trying, but I’m judging. | 我在努力忍住 但我已经鄙视你了 |
[07:25] | Maybe your dad’s right. | 或许你爸说得对 |
[07:27] | Yeah, women do like a man that can support himself. | 对啊 女人的确喜欢能养活自己的男人 |
[07:29] | But Bernadette makes more money than Howard. | 但伯纳黛特挣的钱比霍华德多 |
[07:31] | She basically supports him. | 基本是她在养活自己老公啊 |
[07:34] | Yeah, maybe your dad’s right. | 是啊 或许你爸是对的 |
[07:40] | Good question. Let’s see. | 好问题 我想想 |
[07:43] | Infoseek, | 搜信 |
[07:45] | WebCrawler, | 网络蜘蛛 |
[07:46] | oh, HotBot. | 热机器人 |
[07:49] | Okay, literally any other topic. | 够了 真的换个什么话题都行 |
[07:52] | All right. How did you guys meet? | 好吧 你们俩是怎么认识的 |
[07:55] | Actually, we met online. | 其实我们是在网上认识的 |
[07:57] | Our-our first date was at a coffee shop. | 我们第一次约会是在一家咖啡馆 |
[07:59] | Although, unlike your date, she actually showed up. | 不过跟你的约会对象不一样 她可是真来了 |
[08:03] | Oh, he looks sad again. | 他又看起来难过了 |
[08:07] | Well, I really envy your relationship. | 我真的很羡慕你们的感情 |
[08:10] | Other than you two only having sex once a year, | 除了你们俩一年只做一次爱这点 |
[08:12] | you’re the perfect couple. | 你们简直是完美情侣档 |
[08:16] | You-you know about that? | 你知道这件事吗 |
[08:18] | Uh, yeah, everyone at the university does. | 整个大学谁不知道呀 |
[08:22] | Were you aware of this? | 你知道这件事吗 |
[08:23] | No. No, I only told Leonard, Howard, Raj, | 不 这事我只告诉过莱纳德 霍华德 拉杰 |
[08:27] | Kripke, uh, Professor Wu, Professor Klein, | 克里普克 吴教授 克莱因教授 |
[08:31] | and a lunch lady in the cafeteria. | 还有一个食堂大妈 |
[08:34] | How everyone else found out is a mystery to me. | 我也想不通其他人是怎么知道的 |
[08:44] | Why aren’t you talking to me? | 你为什么不理我了 |
[08:45] | Because I’m mad at you. | 因为我在生你气 |
[08:47] | Well, now I’m sorry I asked. | 现在我后悔问了这个问题 |
[08:50] | Sheldon, it’s humiliating. | 谢尔顿 我的脸都丢完了 |
[08:53] | Thanks to you, my colleagues are gossiping about our sex life. | 因为你 我的同事们都在八卦我们的性生活 |
[08:56] | What is there to gossip about? | 这有什么可八卦的呀 |
[08:57] | We barely have one. | 我们都没做过几次 |
[09:01] | That’s why they’re doing it! | 所以他们才感兴趣呀 |
[09:07] | Is it safe to assume you’re not speaking to me again? | 我可以理解为你再也不想和我说话了吗 |
[09:12] | If you’re not answering because you’re not speaking to me, | 如果你是因为不想理我所以不回答 |
[09:14] | perhaps we could come up with a signal! | 也许我们可以用某种信号来表示 |
[09:21] | That works! | 我懂了 |
[09:25] | You don’t need your dad’s money. | 你才不需要你爸的钱 |
[09:27] | – You can get by on your salary. – Yeah. | -你的收入足够养活你自己了 -没错 |
[09:29] | Well, we work at the same place as you, and | 我们和你一样都在学校工作 |
[09:31] | – we’ve always been fine. – Oh, please. | -我们就活得挺好 -得了吧 |
[09:33] | Look in the mirror. You both look ten years older than I do. | 拜托照照镜子 你俩看起来比我老十岁 |
[09:38] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:39] | Hang on. We can figure this out. | 等等 我们一定有办法解决的 |
[09:40] | Let’s just go over your expenses. How much is your rent? | 我们先清理一下你的开销 你每月房租多少 |
[09:43] | I don’t want to say. | 我不想回答 |
[09:45] | Is it really that high? | 高到那么离谱吗 |
[09:47] | I don’t want to say because I don’t know how much it is. | 我不想回答因为我不知道多少钱 |
[09:51] | You don’t how much your rent is? | 你连自己的房租都不知道吗 |
[09:52] | My father pays for it! Do you know how much your rent is?! | 我爸帮我付房租啦 你知道你的房租多少钱吗 |
[09:54] | Yeah. | 当然知道 |
[09:55] | Well, then double it, | 那就按你房租的两倍算吧 |
[09:56] | because my building’s a lot nicer than this dump. | 我的房子比你这垃圾堆舒服多了 |
[10:01] | Do you know how much your car costs? | 那你知道每个月养车要多少钱吗 |
[10:03] | Not really. | 不知道 |
[10:04] | Well, how much do you spend on food? | 每个月吃饭要多少钱 |
[10:06] | The housekeeper does the shopping. | 吃的全是家政工负责买好 |
[10:10] | Oh, my God, you really are spoiled. | 我的乖乖 你真是被宠坏了 |
[10:12] | I’m spoiled?! | 我被宠坏了 |
[10:13] | Your baby has a cape that costs $300! | 你闺女一件披风都价值300美金好嘛 |
[10:23] | I’m going to bed. | 我要睡觉了 |
[10:24] | Well, wait. | 等一下 |
[10:27] | This is our first fight as a couple who live together. | 这是我们同居之后第一次吵架 |
[10:30] | So? | 所以呢 |
[10:31] | I’m not sure of the protocol. | 我对这种事的规矩还不太懂 |
[10:33] | Television teaches us | 电视里教的是 |
[10:34] | that the man’s supposed to sleep on the couch, | 这种情况下男的应该去睡沙发 |
[10:36] | but of the two of us, you’re clearly more sofa-sized. | 但我们当中明显是你的体型更适合睡沙发 |
[10:40] | I’m not sleeping on the couch | 我才不会为了 |
[10:41] | ’cause you don’t know what’s private and what’s not. | 你不懂什么叫私事而滚去睡沙发 |
[10:44] | This isn’t fair. | 这不公平 |
[10:46] | You’ve discussed aspects | 你还不是和佩妮 |
[10:47] | of our physical relationship with Penny. | 讨论过我俩的肉体关系 |
[10:49] | That’s different! | 那不一样 |
[10:51] | She’s a close friend, not the lady in the cafeteria | 她是我的闺蜜 不是你那位 |
[10:53] | who cuts the crust off your sandwiches! | 帮三明治去面包皮的食堂大妈 |
[10:56] | That lady has a name. | 人家大妈也是有名字的 |
[10:58] | I don’t know what it is, | 虽然我不知道她的芳名 |
[10:59] | but one time, I accidentally called her mom? | 但有一次 我不小心喊了她一声妈 |
[11:05] | Sounds like you’re gonna need a cheaper place to live. | 看来你得先搬去便宜的地方住了 |
[11:07] | When you moved here, you didn’t have a lot of money. | 你刚来这里时也没多少钱 |
[11:09] | How’d you get by? | 你是怎么过下来的 |
[11:10] | Well, sometimes you can get free food | 有时候你可以从邻居那里蹭到 |
[11:12] | and Wi-Fi from the neighbors. | 免费的食物和网络 |
[11:16] | Just know | 只不过 |
[11:17] | you might have to marry one of ’em. | 最后你可能得嫁给其中的一个人 |
[11:21] | Hey, you guys let Stuart live with you. | 对了 斯图尔特都住在你们家了 |
[11:22] | Why not Raj, too? | 不如也让拉杰一起住吧 |
[11:24] | What-what are you doing? I… | 你这是在干嘛呀 我… |
[11:28] | I-I-I schlepped the baby over, I brought imported beer. | 我拖着孩子来你家聚会 还带了进口啤酒 |
[11:31] | Why don’t you like me? | 你为什么还不喜欢我 |
[11:33] | Well, I thought we were best friends! | 拜托 我以为我俩是好朋友呢 |
[11:35] | We are! | 我们是呀 |
[11:36] | That’s why I’m sad my best friend’s gonna be homeless. | 一想到好朋友将要无家可归 我真伤心难过 |
[11:42] | I’m sorry, Raj. We really just don’t have the space. | 抱歉 拉杰 我们家真的没地方了 |
[11:45] | What if he lives in your garage? | 不如让他住你家车库吧 |
[11:46] | What if you stop helping?! | 不如你丫赶紧闭嘴吧 |
[11:50] | Guys, I’m not living in a garage! | 各位 我才不要住车库呢 |
[11:53] | Wait. Why are we talking about our place | 等等 干嘛总纠结我的房子呢 |
[11:55] | when Sheldon’s old room is sitting there perfectly empty? | 谢尔顿的房间明明还空着呀 |
[12:01] | That’s a great idea. | 这个主意不错 |
[12:04] | Raj, if you need a place to stay, | 拉杰 如果你需要地方住 |
[12:06] | of course you are welcome here. | 我们家永远为你敞开 |
[12:09] | Thank you, but if I’m gonna just take advantage of my friends, | 谢了 但如果我要给朋友添麻烦的话 |
[12:12] | I might as well keep on relying on my father. | 我还不如继续靠我爹养着呢 |
[12:15] | Okay, only if you’re sure. | 好吧 你决定了就好 |
[12:17] | Whew. | 好险 |
[12:18] | Yeah. | 万幸 |
[12:23] | Amy? | 艾米 |
[12:24] | Amy? | 艾米 |
[12:25] | – Amy? – Yeah? | -艾米 -干嘛 |
[12:28] | Not exactly the welcome wagon, but I’ll take it. | 虽然你口气不善 但也行吧 |
[12:33] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[12:35] | I’m mapping basic topics of conversation | 我画了一张图 列出了和谁 |
[12:38] | and with whom they can be discussed. | 应该讨论什么样的话题 |
[12:41] | I call these circles Zones of Privacy. | 我管这些圆圈叫”隐私地带” |
[12:45] | Don’t Google that | 别搜索这个词 |
[12:46] | unless you want to see pictures of people’s genitals. | 除非你想看人类性器官的图片 |
[12:50] | This circle contains only me and you. | 这个圈里只有我和你 |
[12:53] | It represents subjects we only share with each other– | 代表我们只跟对方分享的话题 |
[12:56] | details of physical intimacy, bathroom habits. | 身体亲密行为的细节 如厕习惯 |
[12:59] | Although, as I’m saying it, | 不过说着说着 |
[13:01] | I may need to add Dr. Fink in here. | 我觉得有必要加上芬克医生 |
[13:05] | Are you really worried | 你真的担心 |
[13:06] | about revealing secrets to Stephen Hawking? | 向史蒂芬·霍金透露秘密吗 |
[13:09] | No, I was just excited to list him as a friend. | 不 我只是很兴奋能将他列为好友 |
[13:14] | Well, I do appreciate you working on this. | 谢谢你为我做这些 |
[13:18] | I’m sorry you were embarrassed. | 对不起我让你觉得丢脸了 |
[13:20] | And now I understand that | 现在我懂了 |
[13:22] | some things are just between you and me, | 有些事只能你知我知 |
[13:25] | and in the event of redness and swelling, Dr. Fink. | 万一有红肿和肿胀 芬克医生也要知 |
[13:31] | What’s that little dot in the middle? | 中间那个小点是什么 |
[13:34] | That’s reserved for thoughts I don’t share with anyone. | 那是我不与任何人分享的想法 |
[13:37] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[13:38] | You really have secrets you don’t tell me? | 你真有没告诉我的秘密吗 |
[13:41] | Of course. | 当然有 |
[13:43] | Can I hear one? | 可以说一个听听吗 |
[13:44] | No, they’re private. | 不行 这是隐私 |
[13:47] | Why? Are they naughty? | 为什么 是很”不乖”的吗 |
[13:51] | A little. | 一点点吧 |
[13:53] | Please? | 求你了 |
[13:56] | Fine. | 好 |
[13:58] | Two years ago… | 两年前… |
[14:01] | …I got my driver’s license. | 我拿到了驾照 |
[14:06] | What?! | 什么 |
[14:09] | Why didn’t you say anything?! | 你为什么没说 |
[14:11] | I like being chauffeured around. | 我喜欢有司机接送 |
[14:14] | It makes me feel important. | 这让我觉得自己是大人物 |
[14:18] | So when I got up at 4:00 A.M. to drive you across the desert | 我清晨四点起来 送你穿越沙漠 |
[14:21] | to an antique train museum, I didn’t have to? | 去古董火车博物馆 其实不必我去吗 |
[14:24] | No, you didn’t. | 是 你不必 |
[14:26] | But keep in mind, | 但你记得 |
[14:28] | I felt extremely important. | 那让我觉得自己是超级大人物 |
[14:36] | What?! | 什么事 |
[14:39] | Hello, Father. | 你好 父亲 |
[14:40] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[14:41] | All right. | 好的 |
[14:42] | I have come to an important decision. | 我做出了重要决定 |
[14:44] | I will not be accepting your money anymore. | 我不会再拿你的钱 |
[14:47] | I’m a man, and I can take care of myself. | 我是个男人 可以照顾好自己 |
[14:49] | That’s wonderful! | 太好了 |
[14:50] | Yes, that is wonderful! | 是的 非常好 |
[14:51] | You will no longer be able to accuse me of being spoiled! | 你不能再指责我被宠坏了 |
[14:54] | I am so proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[14:56] | Dad, I’m trying to tell you off, | 爸 我是想臭骂你一顿 |
[14:57] | and you’re ruining it with your delight and relief. | 你的欣喜与宽慰毁了我的计划 |
[15:02] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:02] | Oh, no, my grown son is going to stop spending all my money. | 不要啊 我已成年的儿子不想再花光我的钱了 |
[15:06] | Where did I fail as a father?! | 我这个当爹的是哪里做得不对啊 |
[15:10] | Yeah, that’s right. | 这就对了 |
[15:11] | Keep asking yourself that! | 好好问问你自己这个问题 |
[15:14] | But I still love you very much, so don’t cut me out of the will. | 但我依然非常爱你 所以别把我踢出遗嘱 |
[15:23] | Oh, you brought your own lunch. | 你自己做了午餐 |
[15:24] | Good for you. | 好样的 |
[15:25] | Yeah, I’m making a bunch of changes. | 我在做出很多改变 |
[15:27] | This morning, I fired my dog walker. | 今天早上 我辞退了遛狗人 |
[15:29] | Oh. How’s the dog gonna go to the bathroom? | 那狗怎么上厕所 |
[15:32] | Uh, I gave her an Imodium. | 我让她吃了止泻药 |
[15:33] | That’s tomorrow’s problem. | 这是明天的问题了 |
[15:37] | Excuse me. May I have your attention, please? | 不好意思 大家注意下好吗 |
[15:40] | I have recently been made aware | 我最近意识到 |
[15:42] | that my personal relationship with Amy Farrah Fowler | 我与艾米·菲拉·福勒的私人关系 |
[15:45] | has become water cooler gossip. | 成为了饮水机旁的八卦谈资 |
[15:47] | And I just want to say, shame on all of you. | 我只想说 你们真可耻 |
[15:52] | We’re scientists. | 我们是科学家 |
[15:53] | Our minds should be focused | 我们应该集中精神 |
[15:55] | on the advancement of human knowledge, | 关注人类知识的进步 |
[15:57] | not the intimate details of other people’s lives. | 而不是其他人的私生活细节 |
[16:00] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[16:03] | And I’m sorry for the part I played in this. | 抱歉我在这件事中扮演的角色 |
[16:06] | Thank you, Bert. | 谢谢你 伯特 |
[16:07] | You’re a good man. That woman who stood you up | 你是个好人 昨天放你鸽子 |
[16:09] | and humiliated you last night really missed out. | 令你蒙羞的女人 真是走宝了 |
[16:14] | That doesn’t paint me in the best light. | 这样说可建立不了我的光辉形象 |
[16:17] | Oh. Oh, I’m sorry. | 这样啊 对不起 |
[16:19] | Correction: That woman not only had vigorous coitus with Bert… | 纠正 那个女人不仅和伯特床战三百回合 |
[16:24] | she also tipped him a dollar for a job well done. | 而且还因为他活儿好 给了一块钱小费 |
[16:31] | – That better? – Not really. | -光辉起来了吗 -没有 |
[16:35] | All right, well, to sum up– focus on science, | 好了 总之 专注于科学 |
[16:38] | keep your nose out of other people’s business, | 别管别人的事 |
[16:40] | and, uh, whoa, for a good time, call Bert. | 还有 想寻欢作乐 就找伯特 |
[16:50] | What brought that on? | 这是唱的哪一出 |
[16:52] | Well, last night Amy was angry with me | 昨晚艾米生气了 |
[16:55] | because I’d been foolishly telling people | 因为我傻里傻气地告诉别人 |
[16:57] | about certain personal matters. | 某些隐私事情 |
[16:59] | That’s understandable. | 生气是正常的 |
[17:01] | Oh, I know that now. | 我现在知道了 |
[17:02] | At first, I thought she was cranky | 起初 我以为她脾气暴躁 |
[17:04] | because of her horrific menstrual cramps, but… | 是因为她很严重的经痛 但是 |
[17:08] | …it turns out, no, she was genuinely mortified. | 结果不是 她只是真的觉得丢人 |