时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | That is unbelievable. | 真是太棒了 |
[00:06] | Good for Bert. | 恭喜伯特 |
[00:07] | Damn, the MacArthur Genius Grant. | 靠 麦克阿瑟奖啊 |
[00:07] | 俗称天才奖 为纪念约翰·D·麦克阿瑟而命名 50万奖金颁发给在各领域内具有非凡创造性的杰出人士 | |
[00:10] | Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. | 没人比他更值得获得这个奖了 |
[00:11] | Everything is stupid and I want to go home. | 一切都蠢爆了 人家要回家了 |
[00:15] | That’s Sheldon’s way of saying | 这是谢尔顿版本的 |
[00:17] | he’s proud of Bert, too. | 他也为伯特感到骄傲 |
[00:20] | Hey, it’s not even called the “Genius Grant,” | 而且这奖都不叫做”天才奖” |
[00:22] | it’s the MacArthur Fellowship. | 正确名称叫”麦克阿瑟奖学金” |
[00:24] | Just like it’s not Frankenstein, | 就像不是《弗兰肯斯坦》 |
[00:25] | it’s “Frankenstein’s Monster.” | 而是《弗兰肯斯坦的怪物》一样 |
[00:25] | 又称《科学怪人》弗兰肯斯坦常被人误会 以为是那怪人的名字 其实那个科学家的名字 | |
[00:27] | Which brings us back to that hulking simpleton over there. | 这又让我们联想到后面这位庞大巨怪 |
[00:32] | And if anyone’s a genius, | 要说谁是天才 |
[00:33] | it’s me for the way I brought that full circle. | 应该是能把整段吐槽头尾相接的我 |
[00:36] | How much money did he win? | 他赢了多少奖金呢 |
[00:38] | Over half a million dollars. | 超过50万美元 |
[00:40] | And he doesn’t have to use it for research, | 而且这个奖金没规定得用在研究上 |
[00:41] | he can do whatever he wants with it. | 他可以任意支配 |
[00:42] | Oh, good, maybe he can build a nicer bridge to live under. | 他家住天桥底 现在可以盖一座更好的桥住了 |
[00:47] | – Here he comes. – Right. | -他过来啦 -是啊 |
[00:49] | Be polite. | 保持礼貌 |
[00:50] | I know how to behave. | 我知道怎么表现好吗 |
[00:51] | Do you? | 是吗 |
[00:53] | Hey, congratulations Bert! | 恭喜你啊 伯特 |
[00:54] | – Yeah, good for you. – That’s amazing. | -恭喜你 -太厉害了 |
[00:56] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[00:56] | I was as surprised as anybody. | 我也跟所有人一样惊讶啊 |
[00:58] | When they called and told me I won, | 他们打来通知我得奖了 |
[01:00] | I didn’t believe them. | 我都不相信是真的 |
[01:01] | And then they said, “No, you really won.” | 然后他们说”你真的赢了” |
[01:03] | And then I said, “Cool.” | 我就说”酷啊” |
[01:07] | Someone call George R. R. Martin, | 谁快打给《冰与火之歌》的拖搞作者 |
[01:08] | this guy knows how to finish a story. | 这家伙可知道怎么给故事收尾了 |
[01:12] | I’ve gotten pretty good at telling it. | 我的确越来越会说这故事了 |
[01:15] | Well, see ya. | 好啦 再见 |
[01:18] | Some genius. | 还天才呢 |
[01:19] | I zinged him with sarcasm, he didn’t even notice. | 我讽刺了他一番 他都没听出来 |
[01:22] | I know, | 对啊 |
[01:23] | and it was the greatest sarcastic quip I’ve ever heard. | 你讽刺他的金句可是我这辈子听过最毒的呢 |
[01:27] | Well, aren’t you a peach. | 你这小嘴抹了蜜了 |
[01:56] | Who leaves their bike in the hallway? | 谁会把自行车随便放在走廊啊 |
[01:58] | You know, if I knew how to ride one, | 我要是会骑自行车 |
[02:00] | I’d steal it. | 我肯定就偷了 |
[02:02] | Ignore him, | 别理他 |
[02:03] | he’s just cranky because Bert from the geology lab | 他耍脾气是因为地质学的伯特 |
[02:06] | won a big grant. | 赢了笔大奖学金 |
[02:07] | Oh, I heard him interviewed on the radio! | 我有在广播上听到他的采访 |
[02:09] | You know, when they told him he won, | 就是颁奖单位通知他获奖时 |
[02:10] | he didn’t believe it, but then he did believe it. | 他本来不相信 然后他又相信了 |
[02:12] | It was so funny. | 真是笑死我了 |
[02:16] | Who listens to the radio anymore? | 这年头谁还听广播啊 |
[02:19] | Bert is studying the way microbes in rocks | 伯特在研究岩石中的微生物 |
[02:22] | can survive in extreme environmental conditions. | 在极端环境下是如何生存的 |
[02:24] | They say it could be a potential indicator | 有人认为这可能成为 |
[02:25] | of life on other planets. | 其他星球上有无生命的指标 |
[02:27] | You know what, I’ve met Bert. | 我见过伯特这人 |
[02:28] | Isn’t he an indicator of life on other planets? | 他的存在不就指出了其他星球上有生物吗 |
[02:33] | You used to make those jokes about me. | 你以前开这种玩笑都是吐槽我的 |
[02:36] | Now everything is Bert, Bert, Bert! | 现在什么事都是伯特这个 伯特那个 |
[02:40] | You know, Sheldon, maybe if you take the time | 谢尔顿 或许如果你花时间 |
[02:41] | to actually read Bert’s research, | 真去读读人家的研究成果 |
[02:43] | you’d be less bitter about him winning. | 或许你就不会对人家赢奖这么郁闷 |
[02:45] | You want me to read a geology paper? | 你是要我去读地质学论文啊 |
[02:48] | Honestly, I just want you to be quiet | 说实话 我是想你闭嘴 |
[02:50] | but I’m all out of taffy. | 可是我身上没糖果了 |
[02:55] | You busy? | 你在忙吗 |
[02:56] | There’s somebody out here who wants to meet you. | 这边有个人想进来见见你 |
[02:59] | Who is it? | 谁啊 |
[03:00] | Say hello to everybody’s little friend– | 跟大家的小号朋友打声招呼 |
[03:02] | remote control Stephen Hawking! | 遥控史蒂芬·霍金教授 |
[03:09] | Where did you get that? | 你从哪搞来的啊 |
[03:11] | I found him in an old box. | 在一个旧物箱里发现的 |
[03:13] | Why would you buy it? | 你为啥要买这玩意 |
[03:16] | I didn’t buy it. | 我没买 |
[03:17] | I made it. | 是我做的 |
[03:20] | Last question. | 最后一个问题 |
[03:21] | What is wrong with you? | 你脑子是有什么毛病啊 |
[03:25] | What’s the big deal? | 这有什么大不了啊 |
[03:26] | Howie, it’s in poor taste. | 华仔 这是低级趣味 |
[03:28] | No, it’s not. Check it out. | 才没有 你看好了 |
[03:29] | He says fun stuff. | 他会说很好笑的句子 |
[03:31] | Hey good lookin’, | 你好啊 美女 |
[03:33] | want to go for a spin? | 想跟我去兜几圈吗 |
[03:41] | His eyes also light up in the dark. | 他的双眼在黑暗中会亮哦 |
[03:50] | It’s always fun watching him read someone else’s work. | 看他读别人的研究成果总是很好玩 |
[04:08] | It’s like scrolling through the emojis on my phone. | 感觉就像在翻阅我手机上的表情包 |
[04:13] | Ye– why? | 为 为啥 |
[04:16] | Eh, why?! | 为啥啊 |
[04:21] | Oh, that’s why. | 原来如此 |
[04:23] | Sounds like the night we had coitus. | 听起来像我们交媾的那晚 |
[04:28] | I hope you’re happy making me read this. | 让我读这东西的人 你们这下高兴了吧 |
[04:30] | Bert’s work is remarkable. | 伯特的成果非凡 |
[04:31] | And I’m more upset than ever. | 我现在更不高兴了 |
[04:33] | This is worse than when I had to admit that | 承认这点比有一次我得承认 |
[04:34] | Cedric the Entertainer’s actually entertaining. | 搞笑艺人塞德里克真的很搞笑还不爽 |
[04:38] | Sheldon, it’s foolish to be angry that Bert’s work has merit. | 谢尔顿 因为伯特的成果很棒而生气太傻了 |
[04:42] | Yeah, well I-I am angry! | 我是生气 |
[04:44] | And you telling me not to be angry | 而你叫我别生气 |
[04:45] | makes me angry! | 让我更生气 |
[04:47] | And do you know how hearing myself | 你知道一遍又一遍 |
[04:48] | say the word angry over and over makes me feel? | 听自己说”生气”这个词让我作何感想吗 |
[04:50] | – Ooh, a-angry? – What are you doing? | -生气吗 -干嘛多嘴 |
[04:53] | I-I-I knew the answer. I got excited. | 人家知道答案 得意忘形了嘛 |
[04:57] | Hey, buddy, why don’t we go for a walk, | 伙计 要不我们出去散散步 |
[04:59] | so you can calm down. | 好让你冷静一下 |
[05:01] | That’s a good idea. | 这个主意好 |
[05:02] | I guess everyone’s having them now. | 看来现在所有人都能有好主意了 |
[05:06] | Hey, I’m trying to help you. | 我是想帮你好吗 |
[05:07] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[05:08] | You can walk ahead of me and scare off the pigeons. | 你可以走在我前面 帮我吓走鸽子 |
[05:14] | Just wave your arms a little and they fly away, it’s not… | 就挥挥你的稻草人手 鸽子自然会飞走 |
[05:20] | Okay, Raj, | 拉杰 |
[05:21] | I’m gonna show you something. | 我要给你看样东西 |
[05:24] | Now, one of us thinks it’s offensive. | 我们俩有一人觉得这玩意冒犯人 |
[05:27] | The other thinks it’s hilarious | 另一人觉得这玩意很好笑 |
[05:29] | and a great idea. | 而且创意十足 |
[05:32] | But, I’m not going to tell you | 但是我不会告诉你 |
[05:34] | who likes it. | 我们俩谁喜欢它 |
[05:44] | This is tough. | 这问题太难了 |
[05:47] | But I’m going to say | 但我要说 |
[05:48] | it’s the guy who shows me YouTube videos | 喜欢它的人肯定是给我看网上 |
[05:50] | of people getting hit in the nuts. | 人们蛋蛋被各种打到视频的那家伙 |
[05:55] | You’re crazy. | 你净瞎说 |
[05:56] | I’ve worked with Hawking. | 我跟霍金共事过 |
[05:57] | He’s got a great sense of humor. | 他非常有幽默感 |
[05:59] | And I think he’d like it. | 我觉得他会喜欢这玩意 |
[06:00] | Okay, call him and show him. | 好啊 那打给他视频给他看 |
[06:02] | I dare you. | 我谅你不敢 |
[06:04] | I have no problem calling him. | 打给他当然没问题啊 |
[06:06] | Fine, then do it. | 好啊 那就打吧 |
[06:07] | Fine, I will. | 行 我打 |
[06:11] | While you’re bothering the world’s most famous scientist, | 当你在烦世界上最有名的科学家时 |
[06:14] | be sure to show him how funny he looks | 记得一定要给他看看他被卡在 |
[06:15] | getting stuck under our dishwasher. | 我们洗碗机下的样子有多可笑 |
[06:20] | What’s this button do? | 这个按钮是做什么的 |
[06:21] | Gentlemen, start your wheelchairs. | 先生们 启动轮椅 |
[06:21] | “Gentlemen. Start Your Engines!” | 经典赛车开场白 原句为 |
[06:28] | You laughed when that guy got hit in the nuts. | 你也在别人蛋蛋被打到时嘲笑人家啊 |
[06:33] | I laughed because the guy was Leonard. | 我笑是因为那个被打到的人是莱纳德 |
[06:40] | I admire you, Leonard. | 我很佩服你 莱纳德 |
[06:42] | Really, why? | 是吗 为什么 |
[06:44] | You’re happy with who you are. | 你对自己的状态感到满意 |
[06:46] | You don’t get jealous of other people. | 你不会去羡慕嫉妒其他人 |
[06:49] | Instead of being weighed down by ambition, | 你没有雄心壮志 也不会被其拖累 |
[06:51] | you just float along like a dead body in a river. | 你只是一具飘浮在河上的死尸 随波逐流 |
[06:58] | I couldn’t just take the compliment. | 我为啥就不能接受夸赞就好 |
[06:59] | I had to ask why. | 还得嘴贱问原因 |
[07:04] | You know, I do understand what you’re feeling. | 我真的理解你现在的感受 |
[07:06] | My brother and sister’s accomplishments | 我哥哥和姐姐的成就 |
[07:08] | have always been held over my head. | 一直让我抬不起头 |
[07:11] | How did you deal with it? | 那你是怎么处理的 |
[07:13] | I wet the bed until college, | 我直到上大学才不尿床 |
[07:14] | but I don’t think that’s a quality fix. | 但我觉得这不算是个好的解决方法 |
[07:20] | I can’t believe I was surpassed by a geologist. | 我无法相信自己被一个地质学家超越了 |
[07:23] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[07:25] | rocks! | 石头啊 |
[07:26] | He studies rocks! | 他研究的是石头 |
[07:29] | If rock is so great, how come paper beats it? | 石头要真有这么棒 为啥剪刀石头布会输给布 |
[07:35] | Leonard, I’m having a primal urge to throw this rock. | 莱纳德 我有一股冲动想把这石头扔出去 |
[07:38] | Do it. | 扔吧 |
[07:39] | Visualize it as your anger | 把它想象成你的气愤 |
[07:41] | a-and-and toss it out of your life. | 然后用力将它扔出你的人生 |
[07:45] | Perhaps I will. | 或许我真会扔 |
[07:51] | This rock | 这块石头 |
[07:52] | encapsulates all my negative emotions. | 封装了我所有的负面情绪 |
[07:56] | I will cast you far away. | 我会将你抛得远远的 |
[07:59] | Feel free to take out a pigeon while you’re at it. | 你被抛出天际时 可以顺便砸死只鸽子 |
[08:03] | Let it fly. | 让它飞出天际吧 |
[08:13] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[08:15] | I tried to let go of anger | 我试图释放我的气愤 |
[08:17] | and threw a rock into my foot! | 结果扔石头砸到我的脚了 |
[08:20] | Then he got more angry and kicked the rock | 然后他更生气 用另一只脚 |
[08:22] | – with his other foot. – Wha–? | -去踹那块石头 -搞毛啊 |
[08:24] | And what happened to you? | 你又是怎么回事 |
[08:25] | Oh, I laughed so hard, | 我狂笑不止 |
[08:27] | I burst a blood vessel in my nose. It’s fine. | 鼻子的血管都笑破了一根 没事啦 |
[08:35] | You know, it’s one thing to be envious, | 嫉妒别人就算了 |
[08:37] | but now you’re injuring yourself. | 可你现在还害自己受伤了 |
[08:39] | It has to stop. | 这事必须得打住 |
[08:40] | Although if you are gonna do it again, | 不过如果你要再自残 |
[08:41] | please let me know, so I can get it on video. | 麻烦一定要告诉我 我好拍下来 |
[08:45] | You know, Sheldon, | 谢尔顿 |
[08:46] | instead of fixating on what Bert has, | 别老关注伯特拥有什么 |
[08:49] | you should appreciate all of the good things in your life. | 你应该感恩自己人生拥有的美好事物 |
[08:52] | Y-You’ve got love, | 你拥有爱 |
[08:53] | you’re in good health, | 你拥有健康的身体 |
[08:54] | you’ve got a roof over your head. | 你还拥有一个栖身之所 |
[08:56] | Yeah, but you’ve got all those things, | 是啊 但这些你也有 |
[08:59] | and no one’s lining up to be you. | 也没人争着排队想成为你啊 |
[09:04] | Anybody else want to try? | 谁想来试试 |
[09:05] | I’m gonna go make some more tea | 我再去泡点茶 |
[09:06] | and question my life choices. | 顺便质疑下我的人生选择 |
[09:09] | You’re up. | 你去吧 |
[09:11] | This is getting old fast, Dolores, knock it off! | 谢小妹妹 老娘快没耐心了 别再唧唧歪歪 |
[09:16] | Uh, do you really think calling me names is helpful? | 你真的觉得这么乱叫我有用吗 |
[09:19] | I do! | 有啊 |
[09:19] | Your life is fine, you big baby! | 你的人生很好了 你个老屁孩 |
[09:22] | Maybe you’re right. | 或许你说得对 |
[09:23] | Really?! | 不是吧 |
[09:26] | If it helps, | 不知能否安慰到你 |
[09:27] | I’m questioning your life choices, too. | 但我也在质疑你的人生选择了 |
[09:30] | Thank you, Penny. | 谢谢 佩妮 |
[09:31] | You know, I just need to keep reminding myself | 我就是需要提醒我自己 |
[09:32] | that Bert’s success is not my failure. | 伯特的成功并不代表我的失败 |
[09:35] | There you go. | 这就对啦 |
[09:36] | And that men of his large stature | 而且像他这样巨型的身材 |
[09:38] | are more susceptible to a wide array of life-threatening diseases. | 也更容易感染上各种各样的致命病症 |
[09:42] | There you go… | 这就…对啦… |
[09:50] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[09:51] | I’m conducting a quick survey. | 我在做一个快速调查 |
[09:53] | Do you think this respectful | 你觉得这个向伟人致敬的 |
[09:55] | and loving tribute to a great man | 集可敬与可爱为一体的小玩意 |
[09:58] | is in poor taste? | 是低级趣味吗 |
[10:09] | Yep. | 没错 |
[10:13] | Do you think this is in poor taste? | 你觉得这个算低级趣味吗 |
[10:15] | Does it spin around and do tricks? | 这玩意可以打转或耍把戏吗 |
[10:17] | Yeah! | 都可以 |
[10:17] | Then yeah. | 那就是低级趣味 |
[10:20] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[10:21] | That is hilarious! | 太好玩了 |
[10:25] | Give me the remote control. | 把遥控器给我 |
[10:26] | I want to drive him into the girls’ restroom. | 我要把他开到女厕所去 |
[10:30] | All right, we’re done. It’s offensive. | 结论已出 这不是个好玩意 |
[10:43] | Top of the afternoon, gentlemen. | 下午好 各位 |
[10:45] | You’re in a good mood. | 你心情不错啊 |
[10:47] | Well, it’s a new day. I have a new outlook. | 新的一天已降临 我有了新的世界观 |
[10:49] | You know, I realized | 我发现 |
[10:50] | I don’t need to worry about other people. | 我不用关心别人的事 |
[10:53] | I just need to think more about myself. | 我只需要多把心思花在自己身上 |
[10:59] | Oh, how will we ever get used to the new you? | 天 我们要如何习惯全新的你 |
[11:03] | Well, I’m glad to see you moving forward. | 我很高兴你能放下 并向未来前进 |
[11:06] | Bert did quality research. | 伯特的研究做得不错 |
[11:08] | And he deserves whatever accolades he receives. | 他受到表彰也是理所当然的 |
[11:11] | What is going on? | 怎么回事 |
[11:13] | Did you upgrade his software last night? | 你昨晚升级了他这机器人的软件吗 |
[11:16] | I think he might be learning on his own. | 他这是开启了自主学习模式 |
[11:18] | Then the robot uprising has begun. | 看来机器人大叛乱指日可待 |
[11:22] | Excuse me, I need to pay Bert | 抱歉 我要去向伯特 |
[11:24] | a proper congratulations. | 表达我的祝贺 |
[11:30] | He doesn’t just look like C-3PO, | 他不光长得像C-3PO |
[11:31] | now he walks like him. | 现在连走路都一模一样了 |
[11:35] | Bert? | 伯特 |
[11:36] | I wanted to let you know that I read your research, | 我想让你知道 我读了你的论文 |
[11:39] | and your award is well-deserved. | 你拿奖 实至名归 |
[11:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:43] | I’ve been hearing that a lot. | 最近我听了好多类似的话 |
[11:45] | Ever since I won, people think I’m great. | 自从我得奖 大家都夸我棒棒哒 |
[11:49] | Well, just this once, | 好吧 仅此一次 |
[11:50] | you can count me as people, too. | 你可以把我和大家混为一谈 |
[11:56] | You know, as a MacArthur Grant winner, | 作为麦克阿瑟奖学金获得者 |
[11:58] | I’m allowed to nominate someone for next year. | 我可以提名下一届的候选人 |
[12:01] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:03] | I didn’t know that. | 我还不知道这件事呢 |
[12:05] | So I was thinking, you know, | 我想了一下 |
[12:06] | engineers don’t get a lot of respect. | 工程师好像一直不受重视 |
[12:08] | Is your friend Howard working on anything cool? | 你朋友霍华德有在研究什么有趣的东西吗 |
[12:14] | You know, I-I’m not sure. | 我 我不确定 |
[12:16] | You know, you’d have to ask him. | 这你得问他了 |
[12:18] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[12:31] | Leonard! I hurt myself again. | 莱纳德 我又伤了自己 |
[12:36] | Excuse me, I-I have to go take some pictures. | 不好意思 我得去拍点照片了 |
[12:42] | I can’t believe you head-butted a water fountain. | 真不敢相信你居然用头去撞饮水器 |
[12:47] | No, I went to punch the water fountain, | 不 我本打算一拳砸在饮水器上 |
[12:50] | slipped in water in front of the water fountain, | 结果踩到饮水器前一滩水滑倒 |
[12:52] | and hit my head on the water fountain. | 才一头撞上饮水器 |
[12:56] | I can’t imagine you being violent. | 我真想象不出你暴力的样子 |
[12:58] | It’s not hard. Just picture the Three Stooges, | 也没那么难 想象一下”三个臭皮匠”的表演 |
[13:00] | and then take away two stooges. | 然后去掉两个臭皮匠 |
[13:04] | I’m so disappointed in myself. | 我对自己太失望了 |
[13:06] | Jealousy is completely illogical. | 嫉妒真是毫无逻辑可言 |
[13:08] | It’s a human emotion, Sheldon. | 这是人类的正常感情 谢尔顿 |
[13:10] | Everyone gets jealous. | 每个人都会嫉妒 |
[13:12] | I’m jealous of Leonard and Penny | 我就很嫉妒莱纳德和佩妮 |
[13:13] | and Howard and Bernadette | 霍华德和伯纳黛特之间 |
[13:14] | for being in such happy relationships. | 相亲相爱的关系 |
[13:16] | What about me and Sheldon? | 不嫉妒我和谢尔顿吗 |
[13:21] | Sure. | 有啦有啦 |
[13:26] | I’ve always been jealous of how much money | 我一直都很嫉妒拉杰 |
[13:27] | Raj’s family has. | 家底丰厚 |
[13:29] | Thank you for saying that. Next to buying things, | 谢谢夸奖 家底丰厚的好处 |
[13:31] | that is the best part about having money. | 除了买买买 就是炫炫炫 |
[13:35] | Ever since I met Penny, | 自从我认识了佩妮 |
[13:36] | I’ve been envious of her looks. | 我就一直嫉妒她的美貌 |
[13:38] | Aw, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:40] | That’s why I was so happy when you cut your hair off. | 所以你剪短发时我才笑得合不拢嘴 |
[13:42] | What?! | 什么 |
[13:44] | You know what I mean. | 你懂我的意思 |
[13:45] | You were still hot, but more like a | 虽然你依然美丽 但更像是 |
[13:46] | “Why’d that hot girl cut off all her hair?” hot. | “那位美女是疯了才剪短发吧”的那种美 |
[13:50] | You liked my short hair, right? | 你喜欢我的短发造型吧 |
[13:52] | Yeah… I loved it. | 是…我挺喜欢的 |
[13:55] | Love you, love the hair, | 爱你 爱你的秀发 |
[13:56] | would love to change the subject. | 咱们换个话题吧 |
[14:00] | Seriously, none of you liked it? | 说真的 你们都不喜欢吗 |
[14:04] | I thought it was brave. | 我觉得你很勇敢 |
[14:05] | Does that count as liking it? | 这算是喜欢吗 |
[14:09] | You know, how come nobody’s talking about | 那怎么没人说起 |
[14:10] | Howard’s dopey haircut? | 霍华德的傻逼发型呢 |
[14:16] | I think he looks cute. | 我觉得他挺可爱呀 |
[14:17] | And I think you’re cute. | 我觉得你也很可爱 |
[14:18] | I think you’re both cute. | 我觉得你俩都好可爱 |
[14:19] | I think I hate all of you nerds. | 我觉得我烦死你们这群书呆子了 |
[14:28] | Sorry I’m moving slowly. | 抱歉 我走得太慢了 |
[14:30] | Oh, I don’t mind. | 没事 |
[14:32] | If you pull a butterscotch out of your pocket, | 要是你现在能从兜里掏出颗奶油硬糖 |
[14:33] | it would be like I’m walking with my grandma. | 那就真是和跟我奶奶散步一模一样了 |
[14:39] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[14:39] | 伯特伦·凯布勒 地质学教授 2016麦克阿瑟奖获奖者 | |
[14:45] | Did you… A plaque? | 你看… 纪念牌 |
[14:47] | Nobody wants to see this. | 没人想看这玩意儿 |
[14:50] | Well, change “plaque” to “mixed-race couple” | 把”纪念牌”这词换成”跨种族伴侣” |
[14:52] | and you are my grandma. | 你就是我奶奶无疑 |
[14:55] | I can’t take this anymore. | 我再也受不了了 |
[14:59] | Bert. Bert. Bert! | 伯特 伯特 伯特 |
[15:02] | Come in. | 请进 |
[15:03] | All right, let’s do this… | 好了 我们上吧… |
[15:10] | Bert? | 伯特 |
[15:12] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[15:13] | What happened to you? | 你这是怎么搞的 |
[15:15] | Rock, rock, water fountain. | 石头 石头 饮水器 |
[15:19] | I am not proud of this. | 这事说起来并不光彩 |
[15:21] | But I have been envious of your recent success. | 但我最近一直在嫉妒你的成功 |
[15:24] | Wow, I won the MacArthur Grant, | 我得了麦克阿瑟奖 |
[15:27] | everyone’s jealous of me. | 大家都开始嫉妒我 |
[15:29] | Once I get Lasik, I’ll be out of things to wish for. | 等我把视力激光矫正手术做了 就别无所求了 |
[15:33] | I was hoping by admitting my weakness to you, | 我是希望通过向你坦白我的弱点 |
[15:36] | I’d somehow be unburdened. | 卸下我心中的重担 |
[15:38] | – Is it working? – No. | -轻松了吗 -没有 |
[15:39] | Now that you know my weakness, | 现在弱点被你知道了 |
[15:40] | I hate you more than ever. | 我对你的恨意更强烈了 |
[15:43] | Well, you know, we’re both pretty smart. | 我们俩都很聪明 |
[15:46] | I bet if we put our heads together, | 要是我们能一起想 |
[15:47] | we could come up with a solution. | 说不定能想出个办法呢 |
[15:50] | We… Hang on. | 我们 等等 |
[15:52] | You’re my enemy. | 你是我的敌人 |
[15:54] | Now, the enemy of the enemy is my friend. | 敌人的敌人就是朋友 |
[15:56] | And right now, I’m my own worst enemy. | 现在 我最大的敌人是我自己 |
[15:58] | That makes you my fr– | 也就是说 你是我朋… |
[15:59] | Okay, I’m good to go. | 说吧 我洗耳恭听 |
[16:02] | Great. | 太好了 |
[16:03] | Now that we’re friends, want to see if we can | 既然我们是朋友了 要不要试试 |
[16:04] | get tickets to a taping of Ellen? | 去搞两张《艾伦秀》的观众入场券 |
[16:10] | You know what? This isn’t gonna work. | 拉倒吧 这行不通的 |
[16:12] | Sheldon… wait. | 谢尔顿 等等 |
[16:15] | You know, you’ve got a lot to be happy about. | 你可以高兴的事有很多 |
[16:18] | You’re at the top of your field, | 在你的领域里 你是最棒的 |
[16:21] | you have a great girlfriend. | 还有一个那么棒的女朋友 |
[16:22] | Yes! That’s right! | 对啊 想起来了 |
[16:24] | I have Amy! | 我有艾米 |
[16:29] | In the past, you’ve professed feelings for her. | 过去你曾经喜欢过她 |
[16:32] | Does it eat you up inside | 看着我拥有她 而你却望而不得 |
[16:33] | that I have her and you don’t? | 心里是不是苦死了 |
[16:35] | It used to. | 以前是 |
[16:37] | But now that I’m rich and successful, | 不过现在我已经名利双收了 |
[16:39] | I think I can do better. | 应该可以找到更好的 |
[16:43] | I can’t believe you punched Bert. | 不敢相信 你居然打了伯特一拳 |
[16:47] | I didn’t punch him. | 我没有挥拳打他 |
[16:49] | He turned around, and I gave him | 是趁他转身 我给他来了一招 |
[16:51] | a Captain Kirk karate chop. | 寇克船长的手刀 |
[16:54] | I’m not even sure he knows I did it. | 都不知道他有没有感觉到 |
[16:57] | Hey, Sheldon, | 谢尔顿 |
[16:58] | I’ve got someone here who might make you feel better. | 我找到了或许能安慰你的人 |
[17:01] | Hello, Sheldon. | 你好 谢尔顿 |
[17:03] | Professor Hawking! | 霍金教授 |
[17:05] | I understand | 我理解你 |
[17:06] | you’re struggling with professional jealousy. | 因为事业上的嫉妒心而挣扎的感受 |
[17:09] | Thanks, Leonard, now he’s not gonna think I’m cool. | 谢你啊 莱纳德 现在他觉得我不酷了 |
[17:12] | Don’t worry, I know how you feel. | 别担心 我懂你的感受 |
[17:16] | I have never won a Nobel Prize. | 我一次诺贝尔奖没得过 |
[17:19] | Oh, wow, that doesn’t seem fair. | 感觉好不公平啊 |
[17:21] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[17:22] | I’ve been on The Simpsons. | 我上过动画片《辛普森一家》 |
[17:26] | How do you deal with the success of your colleagues? | 你怎么面对同事们的成功呢 |
[17:29] | I remind myself | 我提醒我自己 |
[17:30] | every scientific advancement is a victory. | 每一次科学进步 都是胜利 |
[17:34] | Also, I was on Star Trek. | 而且我还上过《星际迷航》 |
[17:38] | Oh, it was a good one. He played poker with Sir Isaac… | 那段可精彩了 他和牛顿玩扑克 |
[17:41] | You don’t care. | 你没兴趣 |
[17:44] | Don’t waste your time on jealousy, Sheldon, | 不要把你的时间花在嫉妒上 谢尔顿 |
[17:47] | you’re too brilliant. | 对你的聪明才智是种浪费 |
[17:49] | How can you feel bad | 连史蒂芬·霍金都夸你聪明 |
[17:50] | if Stephen Hawking says you’re brilliant? | 你怎么还能难过呢 |
[17:53] | I can’t. | 不难过了 |
[17:54] | Thank you, Professor Hawking. | 谢谢你 霍金教授 |
[17:56] | You are a gift to mankind. | 你就是人类之光 |
[17:58] | There should be statues of you everywhere. | 应该到处都有你的雕像 |
[18:01] | You know, the Lincoln Memorial has a big chair. | 林肯纪念堂里的林肯像就有张椅子 |
[18:03] | We could swap you right in. | 应该直接把你换上去 |
[18:07] | I always thought a motorized toy of me would be cool. | 我总想 要是有我形象的机动玩具就好了 |
[18:14] | What a wonderful idea! | 多好的主意啊 |
[18:17] | How does this man not have a Nobel? | 怎么还不给这人颁诺贝尔奖 |
[18:19] | – Do not tell Wolowitz. – Way ahead of you. | -不要告诉沃洛威茨 -早想到了 |
[18:26] | A new study came out, and it said that laughing | 新的研究成果表示 大笑 |
[18:26] | 深受广大观众喜爱的《艾伦秀》现场 由著名主持人兼喜剧演员艾伦主持 | |
[18:28] | makes your brain work better. | 能让你的大脑运转更灵活 |
[18:30] | And I know that’s true because laughing | 这是真的 因为我已经 |
[18:32] | has made me the “Smartiest.” | 把自己笑成”最葱明”的人了 |
[18:36] | Although, on the other hand, | 不过话说回来 |
[18:37] | babies laugh a lot, and they’re dumb. | 婴儿们也总笑 他们怎么那么笨 |
[18:40] | Do people know about her? | 她出名吗 |
[18:42] | ‘Cause she’s delightful. | 她好讨人喜欢啊 |