时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | It’s pretty late. You think we got time | 挺晚了 你觉得我们 |
[00:04] | to run somemore simulations on the cooling system? | 有时间再模拟运行一下冷却系统吗 |
[00:07] | Sure, I’m still figuring out the thermoacoustic expander. | 可以啊 我也还在想怎么弄热声扩展器 |
[00:10] | Oh, while you do that I am going to | 你们弄吧 我打算 |
[00:12] | pump cerebral spinal fluid through my brain cells | 去让脑脊髓液重新流过我的大脑细胞 |
[00:16] | to remove the metabolic by-products of the day’s thoughts. | 好消除今日思考所产生的代谢副产品 |
[00:20] | What? | 什么鬼 |
[00:21] | It’s called sleep and it’s my bedtime. | 俗称”睡觉” 我睡觉时间到了 |
[00:22] | Nighty-night, y’all. | 晚安了 两位 |
[00:25] | Hey, hey, hey, you’re not going anywhere. | 喂喂喂 你别想跑 |
[00:27] | We only have two months to deliver this to the Air Force | 我们只有短短两个月就得交货给空军 |
[00:29] | because of you. | 全是拜你所赐 |
[00:30] | I know, I was there. | 我知道啊 当时我在场呢 |
[00:33] | Well, wake up! | 快给我醒来 |
[00:34] | We’re gonna put in a lot of late nights. | 我们经常得加班到深夜呢 |
[00:36] | How late? | 加到多晚 |
[00:38] | Well, I don’t know, midnight, 1:00. | 谁知道啊 到半夜12点或1点吧 |
[00:41] | One o’clock? | 到1点啊 |
[00:42] | I’m not a raccoon. | 我又不是小浣熊 |
[00:45] | If you’re tired, have some coffee. | 你要是累了 就去喝点咖啡 |
[00:47] | What? You have some coffee. | 什么 你才该去喝咖啡吧 |
[00:49] | I am having coffee! | 我正喝着呢 |
[00:51] | – And look how irritable it’s making you! – Guys! | -你看你喝完人多暴躁 -两位 |
[00:54] | We’re not gonna get anything done if we start fighting. | 只要一开始吵架 肯定啥也干不了了 |
[00:56] | Now, can you please try to soldier through? | 你能不能爷们点 撑过去 |
[01:00] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[01:16] | I don’t think I can go much longer. | 我觉得我撑不了多久了 |
[01:18] | It’s been three and a half minutes, wake up! | 才过了三分半钟好吗 给我醒来 |
[01:46] | I had a bad dream that my best friend became a tyrant | 我做了一个恶梦 梦到我最好的朋友 |
[01:49] | and forced me to stay up all night to work. | 变成了一个暴君 逼我彻夜工作 |
[01:52] | Oh, I had a good dream that when I carried you to bed, | 我做了一个美梦 梦到我抱你上床睡时 |
[01:54] | I let your head hit the wall and I laughed. | 你的头撞到墙 然后我开怀大笑 |
[01:58] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[01:59] | What is this? | 这是在干嘛 |
[02:00] | Well, we didn’t see you last night, | 我们昨晚都没见着你们 |
[02:01] | we’re not gonna see you today, | 今天也见不到你们 |
[02:03] | so we thought we could have breakfast together. | 所以就想好歹一起吃顿早饭 |
[02:05] | Oh, that is so nice. | 这样真好 |
[02:06] | Ow, it does hurt! | 真的会疼呢 |
[02:10] | So, what are you guys gonna do today? | 所以你们今天打算干嘛 |
[02:11] | Well, Sheldon was supposed to go to this party with me this afternoon, | 本来今天下午谢尔顿该陪我去个派对 |
[02:14] | but I don’t think that’s happening. | 但我想这事是没戏了 |
[02:15] | Oh, that was never happening. | 从一开始就没有戏过 |
[02:18] | Oh, I’ll go. | 那我陪你去 |
[02:19] | I like a party. | 我喜欢参加派对 |
[02:20] | Well, to be honest, it’s not like a “party” party, | 不瞒你说 不是平常说的那种”派对” |
[02:23] | it’s more like a gathering | 反而更像是个聚会 |
[02:24] | where scientists of different disciplines get together | 就是不同领域的科学家们聚集在一起 |
[02:26] | to share their work | 分享研究成果 |
[02:27] | and keep current on what’s going on in other fields. | 以及讨论其他科研领域的最新情况 |
[02:29] | I don’t know why I called it a party, sorry. | 我也不知道我为啥称这为派对 对不起 |
[02:32] | It’s okay, I’ll still go. | 没关系 我还是愿意去 |
[02:33] | You don’t think you’ll be bored? | 你不觉得你会感到无聊吗 |
[02:35] | Oh, I’ll have some wine | 我就喝点酒 |
[02:36] | and listen to people go on about crap I don’t understand. | 然后听听别人聊点我屁都不懂的事情 |
[02:38] | I mean, how is it any different than every single day of my life? | 这跟我每天的生活又有什么不同呢 |
[02:42] | I won’t be there. | 可我不会在场啊 |
[02:44] | Look at that, it is a party. | 哎妈 还真是个派对 |
[02:49] | Sorry I have to work all weekend. | 抱歉我整个周末都得工作 |
[02:51] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[02:52] | Thanks again for breakfast. | 谢谢你为我做早餐 |
[02:53] | Well, I didn’t get to see you last night. | 昨晚都没等到你回家 |
[02:57] | It was the least I could do. | 臣妾只想尽一点绵力 |
[02:58] | You shouldn’t have made the alarm code his birthday. | 皇上你就不应该把家门密码设那贱人生日 |
[03:03] | So, what should we do today? | 咱俩今天干点什么呢 |
[03:06] | Oh, I appreciate it, | 谢谢你 |
[03:07] | but you don’t have to spend your day off with me. | 但你的休息日不用浪费来陪我啦 |
[03:09] | Well, I don’t mind. | 我不介意啊 |
[03:10] | Oh, you want go to the mall and look at baby stuff? | 你想去商场里逛逛婴儿用品吗 |
[03:13] | Not really. | 没兴趣 |
[03:14] | Oh, come on, we could share a pretzel | 来嘛 我们可以共吃一个椒盐脆饼 |
[03:15] | and get sideways glances from racist old ladies. | 然后被种族歧视老太婆用斜眼瞄 |
[03:20] | I get enough of that when I take Howard | 我带犹太人霍华德 |
[03:21] | to my grandmother’s for Christmas. | 回我奶奶家过圣诞时就体验过了 |
[03:25] | Oh, I know, | 我知道了 |
[03:26] | why don’t we get started on clearing out the baby’s room? | 我们可以开始收拾出婴儿房啊 |
[03:29] | Isn’t it a little early for that? | 这会不会有点太早了啊 |
[03:30] | You have to get to it eventually. | 早晚都得收拾 |
[03:32] | Oh, there’s so much junk in there, it’s embarrassing. | 里面堆了超多垃圾 太不好意思了 |
[03:35] | How can you be embarrassed around me? | 你怎么能在我面前觉得不好意思呢 |
[03:37] | I’m gonna be in the room with you when you give birth. | 到时候我还会陪你进产房呢 |
[03:46] | I don’t think you are. | 我不觉得你会在我产房 |
[03:49] | You didn’t think I was gonna be in your kitchen this morning, | 你本也不觉得我今早会出现在你家厨房啊 |
[03:51] | yet here I am. | 但我还不是来了 |
[04:01] | Hey, kid. | 小子 |
[04:02] | Huh, what? | 啥 |
[04:06] | You look tired. | 你看起来很累 |
[04:07] | Why don’t you have an energy drink? | 你何不来一瓶功能饮料呢 |
[04:09] | Everyone’s doing it. | 大家都在喝[吸食] |
[04:12] | Oh, no, thank you, those have caffeine in them. | 不了 谢谢 里面含有咖啡因 |
[04:15] | Oh, sorry, I thought you were cool. | 是我不好 我还以为你很潮呢 |
[04:20] | I am cool. | 我是很潮啊 |
[04:21] | This is Yoo-hoo, | 你看这饮料 |
[04:23] | chocolate milk’s delicious watery cousin. | 这是兑水版的巧克力牛奶 |
[04:26] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:27] | But if you ever want to feel like you have superpowers, | 但如果哪天你想体验有超能力的感觉 |
[04:30] | try one of these. | 那就试一瓶这个 |
[04:32] | Superheroes take performance-enhancing chemicals? | 超级英雄们使用禁药吗 |
[04:35] | You bet. | 那还用说 |
[04:36] | You know why Hulk is so strong? | 你知道为什么浩克这么强壮吗 |
[04:39] | Steroids. | 类固醇 |
[04:42] | You know why Batman wanders around at night | 你知道为什么蝙蝠侠总是昼伏夜出 |
[04:45] | getting into fights? | 大晚上跟人打架吗 |
[04:47] | Scotch. | 喝酒了 |
[04:51] | I am facing a great deal of work. | 我的确是有一堆活儿要干 |
[04:53] | And I do like things better when famous people also like them. | 名人效应的确能让我更喜欢某些东西 |
[04:59] | Here. | 给 |
[05:00] | It’s on the house. | 这瓶我请你 |
[05:03] | The first one’s free? | 第一瓶免费吗 |
[05:05] | Flash, how do you stay in business? | 闪电侠 你这样生意怎么没垮 |
[05:08] | You want to know my secret? | 你想知道我的秘诀吗 |
[05:10] | I bought stock in Marvel. | 我买了漫威的股票 |
[05:16] | Hi, Bert. | 你好 伯特 |
[05:16] | This is my friend, Penny. | 这是我的朋友佩妮 |
[05:17] | – Hi. – Hey, come on in. | -你好 -快请进 |
[05:19] | I’ll gonna go turn on some rock music. | 我去放点摇滚[石头]乐 |
[05:22] | That’s a geology joke. | 那是地质学的双关语笑话 |
[05:24] | Bert’s a geologist. | 伯特是一名地质学家 |
[05:26] | And a joker. | 也是一名说笑达人 |
[05:30] | How early are we? | 我们早到很久吗 |
[05:32] | Oh, actually, we’re an hour late. | 其实我们晚到了一个小时 |
[05:35] | I suddenly wish Sheldon was here. | 突然好希望谢尔顿在这儿 |
[05:42] | I don’t even know where to begin. | 我都不知道该从哪里开始收拾 |
[05:44] | Well, in The Sound of Music, Julie Andrews says, | 《音乐之声》的女主角曾说 |
[05:47] | “Let’s start at the very beginning. | “让我们从头开始 |
[05:48] | A very good place to start.” | 那是个适合开始的好地方” |
[05:52] | Oh, I was gonna start at the end. | 我本来还打算从尾开始呢 |
[05:54] | Thank God you’re here. | 真是要”谢谢你”呀 |
[05:58] | Well, I think the first thing we should get rid of is | 我觉得首先需要扔掉的东西是 |
[05:59] | that tone. | 你这态度 |
[06:02] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:04] | I should probably keep this in case we have a girl. | 我应该留着这个 万一生了个女儿呢 |
[06:06] | Oh, that’s a nice one. | 这小房子真可爱 |
[06:08] | Was it yours when you were little? | 是你小时候的东西吗 |
[06:09] | My dad built it for me. | 我爸爸给我做的 |
[06:10] | Wow, it’s so cute. | 真有爱 |
[06:13] | This was the husband and this was the wife. | 这个是老公 这个是老婆 |
[06:15] | They’d go out on adventures together. | 他们会一起去冒险 |
[06:17] | Cruises, skiing, horseback riding. | 游山玩水 滑雪骑马 |
[06:19] | That was really me just duct taping them to our dog. | 其实就是用胶带把他们粘在我家狗上 |
[06:23] | Oh, and did they have kids? | 他们有孩子吗 |
[06:25] | They did, | 有啊 |
[06:25] | but the mommy and daddy didn’t like them, | 可惜他俩不喜欢孩子 |
[06:27] | so they shipped them off to an orphanage | 所以他们把孩子送到 |
[06:29] | I made out of a shoebox. | 我用鞋盒做的孤儿院 |
[06:32] | Yeah, that’s not worrisome at all. | 听了完全不会让人担心啊 |
[06:36] | Not every girl dreams about being a mom. | 不是每一个女生都梦想当妈 |
[06:39] | Sometimes you think you’re never gonna have kids | 可能有时你觉得永远都不会有小孩 |
[06:41] | and one day you wake up and you’re pregnant. | 结果某天醒来就发现自己怀孕了 |
[06:43] | And it doesn’t matter that your career’s going great right now | 哪怕自己的事业正蒸蒸日上 |
[06:45] | and that you and your husband never even got to go anywhere | 而且从没有过跟老公被粘狗身上 |
[06:47] | taped to a dog! | 去游山玩水的机会 |
[06:51] | I skipped spin class for this. | 我居然为了这个翘了动感单车课 |
[06:57] | Why is it taking him so long | 他怎么能去这么久 |
[06:59] | to get a drink out of a vending machine? | 不就从自动贩售机买瓶喝的吗 |
[07:01] | Oh, it’s complicated. | 你估计很难理解 |
[07:03] | He finds pushing that little door | 他对推开那扇小门 |
[07:04] | and reaching up into the machine uncomfortably intimate. | 伸手进机器里拿东西的亲密度 感到不舒服 |
[07:09] | Gentlemen, I am ready to work. | 男士们 我准备好开工了 |
[07:11] | To quote The Martian, “Let’s science the feces out of this!” | 引用《火星救援》的台词”我得用科学大展屎威了” |
[07:15] | That’s The Martian the book and The Martian the movie, | 我说的是《火星救援》这本书和同名电影 |
[07:17] | not Marvin the Martian. | 不是《火星人马文》 |
[07:18] | Although to quote Marvin the Martian, | 要不也引用一下卡通《火星人马文》好了 |
[07:19] | “I claim this planet in the name of Mars.” | “我以火星的名义宣布 这星球归我了” |
[07:23] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[07:24] | Oh, I’m fantastic, never been better. | 好极了 从来没这么好过 |
[07:26] | I had my first energy drink and I feel great. | 我喝了人生第一瓶功能饮料 自我感觉棒棒哒 |
[07:28] | Hey, you guys want to wrestle? | 你们想玩摔跤吗 |
[07:30] | We can do arm, thumb, mud, sumo. | 我们可以掰手腕 掰拇指 泥浆摔跤 相扑 |
[07:32] | Nah, we’re not fat enough, or wearing diapers. | 算了 我们不够胖 也没穿着尿布 |
[07:37] | You wanted him awake. | 是你要他保持清醒状态的 |
[07:46] | So should we talk to each other or mingle? | 我们该只跟对方说话 还是去交际啊 |
[07:51] | I don’t know where everyone is. | 我不知道其他人上哪儿了 |
[07:53] | Yeah, I mean, | 是啊 我是说 |
[07:54] | I could see him eating one or two guests, | 我可以想象他吃了一个或两个客人 |
[07:56] | but not a whole party. | 但吃光一群也太扯了吧 |
[07:59] | Well, I guess this is kind of a bust. | 这派对有点失败 |
[08:01] | You don’t have to stay. | 你们想走就走吧 |
[08:03] | I’m gonna start cleaning up. | 我要开始收拾了 |
[08:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:06] | I feel so bad about leaving him here. | 把他扔在这里我会很内疚的 |
[08:08] | Oh, it’s funny, I was just thinking the same thing about you. | 真有意思 我刚想扔下你时也觉得内疚 |
[08:12] | Hey, listen, | 听着 |
[08:14] | could you not say anything about this | 你能不能别把这件事 |
[08:16] | to the people at the university? | 告诉大学里的人 |
[08:18] | You know, ’cause… | 因为… |
[08:19] | you’re you and I’m me, and it’s kind of embarrassing. | 你是如此… 而我… 这有点丢人 |
[08:22] | Wait, what do you mean “she’s her”? | 等等 “她是如此…”是什么意思 |
[08:24] | Well, you know how Amy’s the coolest girl on campus, right? | 你知道艾米是学校里最酷的女生 对吧 |
[08:27] | – No. – No. | -不知道 -不知道 |
[08:29] | Oh yeah, everybody thinks so. | 真的 大家都这么觉得 |
[08:32] | What? | 什么 |
[08:32] | You tell me about your foot fungus, but this is a secret? | 你得了脚气就告诉我 反而这事藏着掖着啊 |
[08:37] | I’m sure it’s just ’cause I’m dating Sheldon. | 我敢说肯定是因为我的男友是谢尔顿 |
[08:40] | Mm, actually, I think Sheldon’s popular | 老实说 谢尔顿之所以受欢迎 |
[08:42] | because he’s dating you. | 是因为他的女友是你 |
[08:46] | Now Sheldon’s popular? | 现在谢尔顿居然受人欢迎了 |
[08:47] | What is happening? | 到底是什么状况啊 |
[08:53] | Maybe we should break for lunch. | 或许我们该休息吃个午餐 |
[08:54] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[08:59] | According to the world’s worst cuckoo clock, it’s 2:00. | 史上最烂的布谷鸟报时钟刚说 两点了 |
[09:03] | My head hurts | 我的头好疼 |
[09:05] | and I’m more tired than ever. | 我此生第一次这么累 |
[09:07] | Why don’t you just go home? | 你干嘛不回家 |
[09:08] | No, I can do this. | 不 我能撑下去 |
[09:10] | I just, I just need another energy drink. | 我…我只需再来一瓶功能饮料 |
[09:13] | Oh, no. | 糟糕 |
[09:16] | What? | 怎么了 |
[09:17] | I want another one. | 我想再来一瓶 |
[09:18] | So? | 所以呢 |
[09:19] | That’s a craving. | 那是一种渴求 |
[09:21] | That’s a sign of chemical dependency. | 药物依赖的征兆 |
[09:24] | You only had one. | 你才喝了一瓶 |
[09:26] | No, I know, | 不 我知道 |
[09:27] | but plenty of things are addictive after a single exposure. | 但很多事物只要试一次就会上瘾 |
[09:29] | I mean, crack cocaine, nicotine, Pringles. | 比如说可卡因 尼古丁 品客薯片 |
[09:33] | You know once one pops one just can’t stop. | 根本停不下来 |
[09:37] | You can’t develop a problem that fast. | 你哪有可能这么快就染上瘾 |
[09:39] | You want to bet? Oh, great, | 你要打赌吗 这下好了 |
[09:40] | now I’m addicted to gambling. | 我现在还染上赌瘾了 |
[09:46] | We can’t afford to lose any more time. | 我们没时间浪费了 |
[09:49] | Well, this probably won’t work, but has anyone ever tried | 虽然可能没多大用 但你们曾经试过 |
[09:52] | to just haul off and whoop the crazy out of him? | 运起12成功力 打他个茅塞顿开吗 |
[09:57] | That’s not helpful. | 这个建议完全没有帮助 |
[09:58] | It’s fun to think about, but it’s not helpful. | 虽然想起来爽翻了 但没有实质帮助 |
[10:02] | Hey, Sheldon, we are on a serious time crunch. | 谢尔顿 我们时间非常紧张 |
[10:06] | We can’t do this without you. | 没有你我们根本完成不了 |
[10:07] | Can you please pull it together? | 拜托你别演大戏了好不好 |
[10:09] | I’m sorry. Yes, of course. | 抱歉 我会好好振作的 |
[10:11] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[10:13] | Just, please, bear with me | 也请两位在我出现 |
[10:14] | if I display symptoms of caffeine withdrawal. | 咖啡因脱瘾症状时尽量包容一下 |
[10:18] | No worries. | 没问题 |
[10:41] | You guys stink. | 你们俩身上好臭 |
[10:45] | Sorry I flipped out on you. | 抱歉对你发脾气了 |
[10:46] | I think it’s just hormones. | 都是这孕期荷尔蒙惹的祸 |
[10:48] | I think you were mean before you were pregnant, | 我看你怀孕前就是一副晚娘脸了 |
[10:49] | but it’s fine. | 不过没关系 |
[10:52] | So, uh, instead of cleaning out the room, | 咱们先暂缓收拾房间吧 |
[10:55] | why don’t we just decide on a theme for the nursery? | 不如先决定一下婴儿房的主题怎么样 |
[10:58] | Does it really need one? | 婴儿房还需要主题吗 |
[10:59] | Of course it does. | 当然需要了 |
[11:01] | Didn’t your baby room have a theme? | 你小时候的闺房没有主题吗 |
[11:03] | Well, it doubled as my dad’s office, | 我的闺房同时也是我爸的办公室 |
[11:04] | and he was a cop, | 他又是个警察 |
[11:05] | so I guess the theme was bloody homicide photos. | 所以主题大概就是鲜血淋漓的凶案照片 |
[11:09] | Oh. Mine was Winnie the Pooh. | 我的主题是小熊维尼 |
[11:13] | But anyway… | 总之… |
[11:16] | why don’t we just take a step back | 我们先从最基本的开始 |
[11:18] | and start with a color? | 先挑一个颜色吧 |
[11:19] | Right? There are so many amazing ones. | 颜色的挑选可就五花八门了 |
[11:21] | Red, blue, green, purple… | 红色啊 蓝色啊 绿色啊 紫色啊… |
[11:24] | Are you just gonna name all the colors? | 你是不是要把所有的颜色都说一遍啊 |
[11:26] | Well, not now. | 你这样我不敢说了 |
[11:30] | I don’t care what color the room is. | 房间什么颜色随便啦 |
[11:32] | Okay, well, I’m just trying to help you. | 好 好 我只是想帮你而已 |
[11:34] | Well, you’re not, so just drop it! | 帮忙个屁 闭嘴吧 |
[11:40] | I’m clearly upset. Why aren’t you following me? | 人家明显不开心了 你为啥还不跟过来 |
[11:43] | Sorry! Sorry! | 这就来 这就来 |
[11:47] | And when Amy started using a solution of chromic acid | 当艾米开始用铬酸和白醋的调和剂 |
[11:49] | and white vinegar to clean all her lab equipment, | 清洗她的实验室器材后 |
[11:52] | all of a sudden, everybody was doing it. | 瞬时间 每个人都开始这么做了 |
[11:57] | You trend setter! | 你真是潮流引导者啊 |
[11:59] | Just the right idea at the right time. | 我只是在恰当的时间做了恰当的事 |
[12:02] | Okay, okay, so Amy’s cool, Sheldon’s cool. | 好了好了 艾米很酷 谢尔顿也很酷 |
[12:05] | – Tell me about Leonard. – Who? | -再跟我说说莱纳德 -谁啊 |
[12:09] | Leonard Hofstadter. | 莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德 |
[12:10] | Oh, him. I guess he’s all right. | 他啊 他还凑合吧 |
[12:13] | Apparently he tricked some hot girl into marrying him. | 他貌似骗到了一个大美女结婚呢 |
[12:17] | That’s me, I’m her. | 大美女就是我 |
[12:20] | You know, he didn’t trick me. | 他没有骗我啦 |
[12:21] | He just wore me down. | 他只是纠缠得放弃挣扎而已 |
[12:24] | It makes sense you two are friends. | 怪不得你俩是好闺蜜 |
[12:26] | I mean, hot girls always stick together. | 美女们总是抱团玩在一起 |
[12:31] | And you thought this wasn’t gonna be a great party. | 你之前还觉得这个派对不会好玩呢 |
[12:35] | You know, I had no idea | 我还真没想到 |
[12:36] | Caltech is exactly like my high school. | 加州理工大学和我高中简直是一样一样的 |
[12:39] | Well, it’s not exactly like it. | 也不是完全一样啦 |
[12:41] | We’re all extremely smart. | 我们都是智商超群的人 |
[12:45] | Wow… you popular girls are mean. | 你这种受欢迎的妹子嘴还真毒 |
[12:51] | I’m gonna get some coffee. You want some? | 我要去煮点咖啡了 你要喝吗 |
[12:53] | Uh, you’re really going to have caffeine in front of me | 人家正在努力将生活拉回正轨中 |
[12:56] | when I’m trying to get my life back on track? | 你却要在我面前摄入咖啡因吗 |
[13:00] | Uh, okay, let’s pretend you do have a problem. | 好了 我们假设你的确有咖啡因上瘾的问题 |
[13:02] | – I do. – You don’t. | -的确有 -才没有 |
[13:03] | – Yeah, but I do. – No, you don’t! | -我真有问题 -你才没有问题 |
[13:06] | But let’s say you do. | 让我们假设你有问题 |
[13:07] | And don’t say you do, because you don’t! | 不要说你有 因为你没有 |
[13:11] | Now, wouldn’t you think that throwing yourself | 如果真是这样 那么全身心地投入工作 |
[13:13] | into your work would be the best way to deal with it? | 难道不是解决上瘾问题的最好方式吗 |
[13:16] | – With what? – Your problem. | -解决什么 -你的问题 |
[13:18] | I thought I didn’t have a problem. | 你不是说我没有问题吗 |
[13:25] | That was painful to watch. | 真是惨得不忍直视啊 |
[13:31] | So where are we going? | 我们这是要去哪儿啊 |
[13:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:35] | How Thelma and Louise of us. | 好一对末路狂花 |
[13:39] | Raj, why don’t I care about anything? | 拉杰 你说我为什么不上心呢 |
[13:42] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[13:44] | It’s my baby. | 这明明是我的孩子 |
[13:45] | I-I should care about nurseries and colors, | 我应该会在意婴儿房 颜色之类的事 |
[13:47] | and I don’t– what’s wrong with me? | 但我却毫不关心 我到底有什么毛病 |
[13:50] | Well, crime-scene photos near your crib spring to mind. | 很可能和你摇篮边的罪案现场照片有关 |
[13:55] | I keep waiting to feel excited, | 我一直在等着自己能兴奋起来 |
[13:56] | but it’s not happening. | 可那种感觉迟迟没有降临 |
[13:59] | What if it never happens? | 如果我一直感觉不到兴奋怎么办 |
[14:01] | Bernadette, come on, look, | 博纳黛特 别这样 |
[14:03] | you’re overthinking this, okay? | 你想太多了 |
[14:05] | You’re gonna be an amazing mom. | 你会成为一位很棒的妈妈的 |
[14:07] | Even if you don’t believe it, | 就算你自己不相信 |
[14:09] | I know you have maternal instincts. | 我知道你具有母性本能 |
[14:11] | Once, I was supposed to babysit my brothers. | 有一次 我负责照顾我弟弟们 |
[14:14] | Our neighbor found them naked in the backyard eating crickets. | 结果邻居发现他们光着屁股在后院捉蟋蟀吃 |
[14:19] | Happy and well-fed. | 玩得开心 吃得满意 |
[14:20] | You see, that’s what I’m taking from that story. | 你看 我从你的故事里听出了这两优点 |
[14:28] | Leonard, can I ask you a question? | 莱纳德 我能问你个问题吗 |
[14:30] | Is it about the rotational symmetries you should be figuring out | 是有关你应该解决的轴对称问题 |
[14:32] | or your fake caffeine problem? | 还是你假装的咖啡因上瘾问题 |
[14:36] | Howard, can I ask you a question? | 霍华德 我能问你个问题吗 |
[14:39] | No. | 不行 |
[14:42] | All right, I’ll just toss this out to the room. | 就当我对着空气说话吧 |
[14:44] | Um, I was thinking that the best way | 我在想对抗瘾头的最好办法 |
[14:46] | to fight my addiction is by weaning myself off in steps. | 应该是一步一步脱瘾 |
[14:49] | Now, I couldn’t find a caffeine patch, | 我找不到戒咖啡因贴片 |
[14:52] | but I did find what claims to be | 但我找到了一个号称 |
[14:54] | a mind-boosting caffeine suppository. | 能震荡五脏六腑的咖啡因栓剂 |
[14:58] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[14:59] | You know, the interesting fact about the rectum… | 讲一个关于直肠的有趣知识… |
[15:01] | Sheldon! | 谢尔顿 |
[15:04] | We are dealing with an impossible deadline | 我们有着难以达成的截止日期 |
[15:07] | from the Air Force because of you. | 而且还是拜你所赐 |
[15:08] | So have an energy drink, don’t have an energy drink. | 所以喝功能饮料 不喝功能饮料 |
[15:11] | Order suppositories and shove ’em wherever you want, | 买肛门栓剂 你爱塞哪就塞哪 |
[15:13] | I don’t care! | 我才懒得管你 |
[15:17] | You don’t shove them. | 不用塞 |
[15:18] | They come with an easy-glide applicator. | 它自带润滑导入器 |
[15:23] | Right. Listen to me. | 好的 听我说 |
[15:25] | We can’t do anything until you do your part. | 你不做好你那部分 我们什么都做不了 |
[15:27] | So get up in front of this whiteboard and do it! | 所以赶快到白板跟前 做你该做的事 |
[15:30] | – I can’t. – Yes, you can. | -我做不到 -当然能做 |
[15:32] | No… | 不是 |
[15:34] | I can’t figure out the math. | 我算不出来 |
[15:36] | I’ve been racking my brain for days, | 这几天我绞尽脑汁 |
[15:38] | and I’ve got nothing. | 还是一无所获 |
[15:41] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[15:43] | I can’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[15:44] | I’m not as smart as I think I am. | 我并没有我以为的那么聪明 |
[15:46] | I’m so sorry. This is all my fault. | 对不起 都是我的错 |
[15:53] | It’s okay, we’ll figure something out. | 没关系 我们会想到办法的 |
[15:56] | But what if we can’t? | 万一想不到呢 |
[15:58] | It’ll be fine. | 会好的 |
[16:00] | You’ll see. | 慢慢来 |
[16:07] | Sheldon? | 谢尔顿 |
[16:11] | Buddy? | 兄弟 |
[16:19] | When the baby gets here, | 等宝宝出世了 |
[16:20] | you gotta teach me that. | 你必须教会我这招 |
[16:26] | Thank you so much, Bert. This was great. | 非常感谢 伯特 今天很愉快 |
[16:28] | My pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[16:30] | You girls want to take home | 两位姑娘要不要 |
[16:31] | a two-gallon tub of potato salad? | 带7.5升的土豆沙拉回家 |
[16:35] | I think we’re good. | 不用了吧 |
[16:36] | Okay, well, thanks for coming by. | 好的 谢谢你们能来 |
[16:39] | You’re nice people. | 你们真是好人 |
[16:41] | Well, so are you. In fact, you know what? | 你也是 你知道吗 |
[16:43] | We will never take you for granite. | 你的好 大恩不”岩”谢 |
[16:46] | Did you get that? Granite? | 听出双关语没 花岗”岩” |
[16:49] | A little geology joke. | 小小地质学笑话 |
[16:53] | You need to leave. | 你们快走吧 |
[16:54] | I’m in love with both of you now. | 我有点爱上你们俩了 |
[16:55] | – Okay. – Bye. | -是 -再见 |
[17:00] | Uh, pull over. | 靠边停 |
[17:02] | What? Why? Who are you calling? | 什么 怎么了 你给谁打电话呢 |
[17:04] | You’re gonna rat me out to Howard, aren’t you? | 你要跟霍华德打小报告是不是 |
[17:06] | You’re such a snitch, no wonder I don’t like you. | 居然还会告密 难怪我一直看你不顺眼 |
[17:10] | Whoa, I’m calling my dad, okay? | 我是打给我爸好吗 |
[17:13] | He’s got experience dealing with pregnant ladies | 他对孕妇们的事很有经验 |
[17:15] | because he’s an OBGYN. | 因为他是妇科医师 |
[17:17] | And experience with crazy ladies | 对付疯婆子也很有经验 |
[17:18] | because of my mom. | 因为有我妈 |
[17:22] | Hello, Rajesh. | 拉杰什 |
[17:24] | Are you calling to ask for money? | 你打电话是来要钱的吗 |
[17:25] | What? No. | 什么 不是 |
[17:26] | Are you calling to ask for things that cost money? | 你打电话是来要需要花钱的东西吗 |
[17:28] | No. | 不是 |
[17:29] | Great. What’s up? | 那很好 有何关照 |
[17:32] | This is my friend, Bernadette. | 这是我朋友 伯纳黛特 |
[17:34] | She’s pregnant, and she’s a bit worried, | 她怀孕了 心里有些烦恼 |
[17:36] | so I thought maybe you could talk to her. | 我想或许你能跟她聊聊 |
[17:38] | Of course. What seems to be the trouble? | 当然可以 有什么烦恼 |
[17:40] | Something’s wrong. | 心里觉得有些怪怪的 |
[17:42] | I don’t care about any of the baby stuff | 我对孩子的东西毫无兴趣 |
[17:44] | every other mom is so into. | 不像其他妈妈那么痴迷 |
[17:46] | Honestly, I’m not even sure I like babies. | 说实话 我都不确定自己是否喜欢孩子 |
[17:49] | Look, some people are baby people, | 听着 有些人喜欢小孩 |
[17:51] | and some people are not baby people. | 有些人不喜欢小孩 |
[17:54] | It doesn’t mean you won’t love your own baby. | 但这不代表你不爱自己的孩子啊 |
[17:56] | But I thought I’d be more excited. | 我以为自己会更兴奋呢 |
[17:59] | Oh, being excited isn’t a guarantee of anything. | 兴奋也不能保证什么啊 |
[18:02] | Rajesh’s mother was thrilled when she was pregnant with him. | 拉杰什的妈妈怀他的时候 兴奋得不行 |
[18:06] | After he was born, she doted on his every move. | 他出生以后 一举一动都让她痴迷不已 |
[18:09] | And you know what happened? | 知道后来怎么了吗 |
[18:10] | He broke her heart, moved halfway around the world, | 他伤了妈妈的心 搬到地球另一端去 |
[18:12] | and dates only poor white women. | 只跟穷酸的可怜白人姑娘约会 |
[18:17] | So you never know. | 世事难料啊 |
[18:20] | Thank you. I feel better now. | 谢谢您 我感觉好多了 |
[18:22] | – I don’t! – Good. | -我感觉不好 -很好 |
[18:24] | Bernadette, I hope you have a daughter. | 伯纳黛特 祝你生个千金 |
[18:31] | Uh…I don’t know how to say this. | 我不知道该怎么开口 |
[18:34] | Well, you could try starting with “sir”. | 可以试试用”长官”开头 |
[18:36] | Right. Sorry, sir. | 对 对不起 长官 |
[18:38] | He said start with it, not end with it. | 他说的是开头 不是结尾 |
[18:42] | Sir… | 长官 |
[18:44] | We’ve hit a bit of a snag. | 我们碰到了一些难关 |
[18:46] | We’re already behind schedule. | 赶不上计划时间了 |
[18:48] | The computations required to | 计算需要克服的部署性问题 |
[18:50] | overcome the deployability issues | 要比我们之前预想的 |
[18:52] | are more significant than we thought. | 要大了许多 |
[18:54] | I understand that we’re under contract, | 我知道我们签了合同 |
[18:56] | and I don’t know what the consequences of violating that are, | 不知道违反合同有什么后果 |
[19:00] | but, uh… we’re not gonna be able to deliver | 但是 我们没办法 |
[19:02] | in the time we promised. | 按保证的时间完成了 |
[19:11] | How long do you need? | 你们需要多久 |
[19:15] | We-We’re thinking… two years. | 我们估计… 两年吧 |
[19:21] | All right. | 好的 |
[19:24] | That’s it? | 就这样 |
[19:25] | You’re okay with that? | 你愿意接受啊 |
[19:27] | You think you’re the first government contractor | 你觉得你是第一个 |
[19:29] | who isn’t gonna deliver on time? | 无法按时完成政府合同的人吗 |
[19:31] | We’re still waiting for a big space laser | 我们还在等当年里根总统 |
[19:33] | Reagan ordered to beat the commies. | 订来打共产党的大宇宙镭射枪呢 |
[19:37] | Thanks for understanding, sir. | 感谢您的理解 长官 |
[19:39] | Yes, thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[19:40] | We-We really appreciate it. | 我们真的很感激 |
[19:44] | All right, pressure’s off | 好了 没压力了 |
[19:45] | Wanna see a movie? | 要去看电影吗 |
[19:46] | Popcorn’s on me. | 爆米花我请 |