时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Hello. | 您好 |
[00:13] | I’m looking for Howard Wolowitz. | 我来找霍华德·沃罗威茨 |
[00:15] | May I ask what this is about? | 我能问一下你找他有什么事吗 |
[00:17] | No, you may not. | 不能问 |
[00:19] | Very well. | 是的官爷 |
[00:23] | Hi, Colonel Williams, how can I help you? | 威廉姆斯上校 有什么需要我效劳的吗 |
[00:26] | Okay, sure, I can meet with you on Thursday. | 当然 周四见面没问题 |
[00:30] | Caltech is fine. | 约加州理工学院也没问题 |
[00:31] | Yeah, and may I ask what this is about? | 好 我能问问是什么事吗 |
[00:35] | I may not? | 不能啊 |
[00:37] | That’s what he said to me. | 他也是这么对我说的 |
[00:42] | Look at this. | 瞧瞧 |
[00:43] | Elon Musk has a theory that we’re all just characters | 埃隆·马斯克有个理论 我们每个人 |
[00:46] | in some advanced civilization’s video game. | 都只是某高等文明的电玩游戏中的角色 |
[00:50] | So some alien kid spent his money | 所以有某个外星小孩花钱 |
[00:51] | on the asthma-and-glasses upgrade for me? | 来帮我升了气喘加近视眼的特性吗 |
[00:56] | Well, he doesn’t say it’s a good game. | 他没说是个好游戏啊 |
[01:01] | – All right, we got a problem. – What’s up? | -咱们有麻烦了 -怎么了 |
[01:03] | The Air Force contacted me about our quantum gyroscope. | 空军对我们的量子陀螺仪有兴趣 |
[01:06] | – They want to have a meeting. – Really? | -他们想见面谈谈 -真的吗 |
[01:07] | Yeah. This military guy showed up at Howard’s door. | 对啊 有个军队的人来到霍华德家找他 |
[01:09] | He was terrifying. | 他可吓人了 |
[01:11] | Oh, what did he say? | 他说什么了 |
[01:12] | He gave me his business card | 他给了我他的名片 |
[01:13] | and asked me to please pass it along to Howard. | 然后请我把名片转交给霍华德 |
[01:18] | That doesn’t sound terrifying. | 这听起来不吓人啊 |
[01:20] | To a white guy born here, no. | 土生土长的美国白人当然不觉得 |
[01:24] | If you are a brown guy whose name has a lot of syllables in it — | 但如果你是棕色皮肤 名字带很多音节的话 |
[01:27] | terrifying. | 胆都吓破了好吗 |
[01:30] | You realize if the military declares our research classified, | 你知道如果军方宣称我们的研究属于机密 |
[01:33] | they can take the whole thing away from us. | 他们可以直接把整个研究拿走吧 |
[01:35] | And if that happens, | 如果真发生这种事 |
[01:35] | we’ll never be able to sell it commercially. | 我们就永远不能卖做商用了 |
[01:37] | There goes our big payday. | 就跟这一大笔钱说再见了 |
[01:38] | I was counting on that money– | 我还指望拿到这笔钱呢 |
[01:39] | I need to make as much as my wife | 我的收入得跟我老婆持平 |
[01:41] | so I don’t have to try so hard in bed. | 这样我在床上才不用这么拼死拼活 |
[01:44] | You do that, too? | 你也要这样吗 |
[01:45] | Oh, yeah. How do you think I stay this thin? | 当然 不然你觉得我怎么保持这么瘦的 |
[01:49] | Gentlemen, I think we are losing sight of the real issue. | 先生们 我们都忽视了真正的问题 |
[01:51] | We are on the precipice of becoming faceless cogs | 我们离成为军工业集合体中 |
[01:54] | in the military-industrial complex. | 无名无姓的小齿轮只有一步之遥了 |
[01:57] | Isn’t that exciting? | 这难道不让人激动吗 |
[01:59] | You’re kidding, right? | 你是在开玩笑吧 |
[02:00] | Not at all. In Star Wars, when the stormtroopers | 才不是呢 像《星球大战》中那些风暴兵 |
[02:04] | would march in perfect formation, | 以完美的队形行军 |
[02:06] | harassing civilians, didn’t you ever think, | 前往骚扰民众时 你难道没有想过 |
[02:08] | “Hey, that could be me”? | “我也能成为这伟大军团的一员”吗 |
[02:11] | Sheldon, we could be contributing | 谢尔顿 我们可能成为 |
[02:12] | to a weapons system that oppresses mankind | 未来几千年迫害人类的武器系统的 |
[02:15] | for the next thousand years. | 幕后元凶呢 |
[02:17] | Okay, Howard’s on board. What do you think, Leonard? | 好的 霍华德同意加入 你呢 莱纳德 |
[02:46] | I’m worried about Howard. | 我好担心霍华德啊 |
[02:47] | Ever since that guy from the Air Force showed up, | 打从军队的人来家里找他后 |
[02:48] | he’s been a nervous wreck. | 他就被吓到尿不停 |
[02:50] | All right, we work at a giant pharmaceutical company. | 我们在一个大型制药公司上班 |
[02:52] | Get him some anti-anxiety meds. | 给他搞几片抗忧郁药吃吃啊 |
[02:53] | He won’t take any pills that aren’t chewable | 他不愿意吃除了摩登原始人咀嚼维生素片 |
[02:55] | and shaped like a Flintstone. | 以外的任何药物 |
[02:59] | You know, when Leonard’s feeling anxious | 每当莱纳德感到焦虑的时候 |
[03:00] | I make him take a long walk. | 我就让他散步久一点 |
[03:02] | Does that help? | 这招有效吗 |
[03:03] | Well, for a while. Then he comes back. | 有效时间就一会儿 然后这烦人精就回来了 |
[03:07] | – I don’t believe this. – What’s wrong? | -真是不敢相信 -怎么了 |
[03:09] | This guy from the office just congratulated me on being pregnant. | 有个男同事发消息来恭喜我怀孕了 |
[03:13] | You did already know, right? | 你本来知道自己怀了孕的 对吧 |
[03:16] | No one at the office did. | 但是同事都不知道啊 |
[03:18] | – Did you tell anyone? – No. | -你有告诉任何人吗 -没有 |
[03:19] | You told me not to. | 你不让我跟别人说 |
[03:21] | I bet it was Barbara Chen in retrovirus. | 肯定是搞逆转录病毒的芭芭拉·陈传出去的 |
[03:23] | She might have heard me throwing up one morning. | 她貌似某天早上有听到我在孕吐 |
[03:25] | Every since she got the hearing aid, she thinks she’s so great. | 自从她装助听器后 她就觉得自己可牛逼了 |
[03:31] | Why don’t you want anyone to know? | 你为什么不想别人知道呢 |
[03:33] | ‘Cause I’m up for a major immunotherapy study, | 因为我有机会做一个免疫疗法研究的大项目 |
[03:35] | and if they find out I’m pregnant | 如果他们发现我怀孕了 |
[03:36] | they might give it to someone else. | 可能就会把机会给别人了 |
[03:37] | Would they really do that? | 他们真的会这样吗 |
[03:39] | I know they would– they did it to Barbara Chen last year | 肯定会啊 去年芭芭拉就是这么被换掉 |
[03:41] | when I told everyone she was pregnant. | 因为我爆料说她怀孕了 |
[03:47] | Wait till I Snapchat that my friends might be working | 我要发条朋友圈 说我的好朋友们 |
[03:49] | on a top secret government project. | 为政府的机密项目做事 |
[03:53] | Are you crazy? | 你是不是疯了 |
[03:54] | You can’t put that on Snapchat. | 你怎么能把这事写到朋友圈 |
[03:56] | Fine, I’ll put it on Facebook like a caveman. | 好吧 那我写到过时几百万年的脸书上吧 |
[04:02] | You know, maybe before our meeting we should talk to a lawyer. | 或许应该在会面前 找个律师谈谈 |
[04:05] | That’s not a bad idea. | 这主意不差 |
[04:06] | Well, you must have someone in your family that’s a lawyer. | 你家族里肯定有人是律师吧 |
[04:08] | Why? Because I’m Jewish? | 为啥 就因为我是犹太人吗 |
[04:10] | That’s like me saying, “Hey, you’re Indian. | 这就跟我说 “你是印度人 |
[04:12] | Doesn’t your cousin work in a call center?” | 你肯定有亲戚在电话客服中心工作吧” |
[04:16] | My cousin does work in a call center. | 我还真有亲戚在电话客服中心工作 |
[04:21] | And my cousin’s a lawyer. | 我也真有亲戚是律师 |
[04:25] | We don’t need Howard’s cousin, no. | 我们不需要霍华德的亲戚帮忙 |
[04:27] | We have me. | 咱们有我啊 |
[04:30] | You’re not a lawyer, Sheldon, you’re just a know-it-all. | 谢尔顿 你不是律师 你只是爱耍聪明 |
[04:32] | I am not a know-it-all. | 我才不是耍聪明 |
[04:33] | I’m a person who knows lots of things | 我只是个上知天文下知地理 |
[04:36] | and likes to correct other people when they’re wrong. | 还喜欢在别人犯错时 热心纠正他们的人 |
[04:39] | That’s the definition of being a know-it-all. | 这就是所谓爱耍聪明的人啊 |
[04:41] | Or in German, a Besserwisser. | 或是德文里的”砖家” |
[04:48] | How did you think you were gonna hide your pregnancy? | 你怎么能觉得你能瞒住你怀孕的事实 |
[04:50] | I had a plan– I kept leaving Dove Bar wrappers around | 我有整套计划 我一直有四处留下巧克力棒包装 |
[04:53] | to explain any weight gain. | 来解释我为什么发福了 |
[04:56] | Where did you get empty Dove Bar wrappers? | 那你是上哪去弄的空巧克力棒包装纸 |
[04:58] | From all the Dove Bars I ate! I’m pregnant! | 当然是我吃完故意留的包装啊 老娘怀孕了 |
[05:01] | Try to keep up! | 用点脑想想好吗 |
[05:05] | I’m sorry. I-I have to go find out if my boss knows. | 抱歉 我得去看看我老板发现没 |
[05:08] | Well, whatever happens, we’re here for you. | 无论如何 我们都会支持你 |
[05:10] | Thanks. You guys are the best. | 谢谢 你们最好了 |
[05:11] | Yeah, drive safe. We love you. And give us a call… | 开车小心 我们爱你 到了打电话… |
[05:13] | Oh, my God, it was me, it was me! | 要死了 是我 是我传的 |
[05:14] | I’m the one who blabbed she was pregnant! | 是我大嘴巴告诉别人她怀孕的 |
[05:16] | – What?! – I didn’t mean to. | -什么 -我不是故意的 |
[05:17] | It just slipped out in front of her assistant one day. | 就有天不小心跟她的助手说溜嘴了 |
[05:19] | I… I forgot my coat. | 忘了拿外套 |
[05:21] | Oh! Here’s your coat, honey. | 来 亲爱的 外套拿去 |
[05:22] | That’s such a cute jacket. | 这外套太萌了 |
[05:25] | God, I feel so bad– I just lied to her. | 天啊 我好内疚 我又骗了她 |
[05:28] | Oh, but you did it so well. | 但你演技入木三分 |
[05:29] | That’s amazing! | 真是太厉害了 |
[05:32] | It’s like watching a sculptor, | 感觉像在看一个雕塑大师 |
[05:34] | but your clay was lies. | 但你用的材料是谎言 |
[05:37] | Is that really what’s important right now? | 现在的重点难道该是挖苦我吗 |
[05:39] | I mean, seriously, you have got to let me scan your brain | 我是说认真的 你得让我扫描你大脑 |
[05:41] | when you’re being dishonest so I can see what lights up. | 看看你撒谎时哪些区域会亮起 |
[05:45] | That’s super helpful, Amy. | 你这席话我受益良多 |
[05:46] | Thanks a lot. I can’t wait to do that. | 谢谢你全家啊 真想立刻让你扫描 |
[05:49] | I can see a clump of bitch cells lightin’ up from here. | 我从这里就能看到一团臭三八细胞亮起 |
[05:56] | Give me a second to call my cousin. | 等我一会 我打给我律师亲戚 |
[05:58] | I don’t see how a tax lawyer from Fort Lauderdale | 我想不出远在佛州劳德代尔堡的税务律师 |
[06:01] | could be helpful regarding intellectual property. | 怎么能对知识财产权方面提出有用建议 |
[06:04] | First of all, he’s in Boca Raton, | 首先 他是在佛州的博卡拉顿 |
[06:06] | which is better than Fort Lauderdale. | 那里比劳德代尔堡上档次多了 |
[06:09] | But more importantly, | 更重要的是 |
[06:10] | he lasted two days on Jeopardy, | 他上益智游戏节目撑了两天没被淘汰 |
[06:12] | so he’s clearly a smart guy. | 很明显他就是个聪明人 |
[06:18] | Hello. | 你好 |
[06:19] | Hey, Marty. Thanks for talking to us. | 马蒂 谢谢你愿意跟我们聊啊 |
[06:22] | Hey, no problem. | 小事一桩 |
[06:22] | Thanks for going to outer space so no matter what I do | 真是”感谢”你上了太空 这下无论我干啥 |
[06:24] | my mom will be disappointed in me. | 我妈都会对我感到失望 |
[06:28] | Well, I married a little Catholic girl, so we’re even. | 但我没娶信犹太教的老婆 也算扯平了 |
[06:32] | Anyway, this is Leonard and Sheldon. | 这位是莱纳德 这位是谢尔顿 |
[06:34] | The three of us came up with the guidance system. | 我们三个一起想出了这个导向系统 |
[06:36] | – Hi. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[06:37] | And this is my friend, Raj. | 而这位是我的朋友拉杰 |
[06:38] | Oh, I’m not on the patent. I’m just here | 专利跟我无关 我在这里 |
[06:39] | because there’s a bumblebee in my office. | 是因为我办公室里有只大黄蜂 |
[06:44] | I saw it. It’s big. | 我有看到 真的很大只 |
[06:47] | Anyway, like I said in the e-mail, | 总之呢 如同我电邮里所说 |
[06:49] | this meeting’s on Thursday. | 见面定在这周四 |
[06:50] | Do you have any advice for us? | 你有什么建议可以给我们吗 |
[06:52] | Well, I don’t know much about patent law. | 我对专利法了解不多 |
[06:54] | But, uh, my advice is: | 但我的建议是 |
[06:56] | hear them out, offer as little information as possible, | 听听他们怎么说 有关信息尽量少说 |
[06:58] | and whatever you do, don’t sign anything. | 无论如何 绝对别签任何东西 |
[07:01] | “Don’t sign anything”? That’s your advice? | “别签任何东西” 这就是你的建议吗 |
[07:04] | Okay, so, uh, if during this meeting, | 好吧 所以如果在会面中 |
[07:06] | one of us were to, say, complete an oil painting, | 我们其中一个人画了一幅油画之类的 |
[07:09] | you’d recommend that we leave that unsigned? | 你是在建议我们不要在上面签上名吗 |
[07:13] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 |
[07:14] | That’s what you said. | 你话就是这么说的 |
[07:15] | That’s not what I meant. | 但我不是这个意思 |
[07:16] | This must be how you practice law in Boca Raton, | 你就在博卡拉顿这么当律师的吗 |
[07:19] | by saying things you don’t mean | 说着词不达意 |
[07:20] | and meaning things you don’t say. | 言不由衷的话 |
[07:22] | Howard, why is he yelling at me? | 霍华德 他为啥要对我嚷嚷 |
[07:26] | All right, you were on Jeopardy. | 好吧 你上过益智节目 |
[07:27] | Allow me to Alex Trebek | 让我学学主持人 |
[07:29] | this and put it in the form of a question: | 并把这件事用节目上的问题形式表达 |
[07:30] | Who has been a complete waste of our time? | 在座是哪个垃圾 在浪费我们的时间呢 |
[07:35] | Marty, let me call you back. | 马蒂 晚点打给你 |
[07:36] | Someday, when I’m up on murder charges, | 某天我因为谋杀”某人”被控诉时 |
[07:38] | you’ll be hearing from me. | 我会打给你 |
[07:41] | You don’t need him. I’ll represent you. | 不用找他 我来当你律师 |
[07:47] | – Hi. – Hey. What brings you by? | -我来啦 -你怎么来了 |
[07:49] | Oh, had to go to a sales seminar on our new sleeping pill. | 去参加我们新款安眠药的销售研讨会了 |
[07:52] | – Oh. How was it? – Great. | -研讨会如何 -很棒啊 |
[07:53] | – Fell asleep? – In, like, two minutes. Yeah. | -睡着了吗 -开场两分钟就睡着了吧 |
[07:56] | So, how is everything going around here? | 一切情况还好吗 |
[07:58] | Are you still upset about people finding out you’re pregnant? | 还在为大家发现你怀孕这事不开心吗 |
[08:01] | I’m furious. | 我真要气炸了 |
[08:03] | Sure, sure. | 当然 肯定的 |
[08:05] | Uh, did you ever figure out who told? | 你查清楚是谁说出去的吗 |
[08:07] | No. I confronted Barbara Chen, but she claimed | 没 我去找芭芭拉·陈对质了 但她说 |
[08:10] | she didn’t know what I was talking about. | 她完全不知道我在说什么 |
[08:12] | Well, I guess it’s just gonna remain a mystery, | 看来这事只能是未知的谜团了 |
[08:14] | you know, like whatever happened in that seminar | 就像研讨会把灯调暗后发生的事 |
[08:17] | after they dimmed the lights. | 对我也是未知的谜团 |
[08:20] | It had to be Barbara. | 绝对是芭芭拉 |
[08:21] | I’ve been trying to figure out a way to get back at her. | 我刚就一直在想办法报复她 |
[08:24] | Do you think using her work computer to Google | 你觉得用她工作用的电脑上网搜 |
[08:26] | “How to be a prostitute” is over the line? | “怎么下海当鸡”会太过分吗 |
[08:30] | Uh, you know, when I was in high school, | 其实呢 在我高中的时候 |
[08:32] | there was this girl who was talking about me behind my back, | 有个姑娘在我背后说我坏话 |
[08:35] | so me and all my friends, | 所以我跟我朋友们 |
[08:36] | we cornered her in the bathroom and forgave her. | 把她围在厕所的角落 然后原谅了她 |
[08:41] | What kind of revenge is that? | 这算哪门子的报仇啊 |
[08:42] | This woman screwed with my job. She’s got to pay. | 这臭娘们破坏我工作 我得整死她 |
[08:46] | Okay, all right, honey, you know what? | 好吧 亲爱的 其实呢 |
[08:49] | There was something I was too scared to tell you yesterday, | 我有一件昨天没胆跟你说的事 |
[08:51] | a-and now… I’m just balls-out terrified to tell you, but… | 而现在我还是怕得要死不敢告诉你 其实… |
[08:56] | the truth is it… | 真相是… |
[08:57] | wasn’t Barbara Chen, it was me. | 大嘴巴的不是芭芭拉 是我 |
[09:00] | I’m the reason everyone knows. | 是我让大家都知道的 |
[09:01] | Why did you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[09:03] | Well, it was an accident. I am so sorry I lied. | 不小心说漏嘴嘛 很抱歉我撒谎了 |
[09:07] | Get out. | 出去 |
[09:13] | Oh, you know, I also lied about the girl in the bathroom. | 对了 厕所女同学的事我也撒谎了 |
[09:17] | Yeah, we actually dumped her retainer in the toilet | 是的 我们其实把她的牙套保持器扔进了马桶 |
[09:19] | and put it back in her mouth. | 然后又塞回她的嘴里 |
[09:27] | I don’t understand why I can’t talk at this meeting. | 我不懂为什么会面时我不能说话 |
[09:29] | ‘Cause when you talk, it enrages people. | 因为你一开口就会激怒别人 |
[09:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:35] | Quick question. | 快问快答 |
[09:36] | Am I allowed to exchange pleasantries | 我能跟这位上校 |
[09:38] | upon meeting this colonel? | 在会上寒暄一下吗 |
[09:40] | Yes. | 准了 |
[09:41] | Am I allowed to inform him | 那我能告诉他 |
[09:43] | that Colonel Sanders was never actually in the military? | 桑德斯上校并不是真正军队出身的吗 |
[09:47] | I’m getting enraged. | 你正在激怒我 |
[09:48] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[09:51] | Can I use text-to-speech software? | 我能用文字转语音软件吗 |
[09:53] | – No! – Don’t speak. | -不行 -就不要说话 |
[09:56] | Aw, nuts. | 啊 哇靠 |
[09:58] | Gentlemen! | 男士们 |
[09:59] | I’m Colonel Williams. | 我是威廉姆斯上校 |
[10:01] | Thank you for meeting with me. | 感谢抽空与我见面 |
[10:02] | – Hi. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[10:06] | So, which one of you is the brains behind all this? | 你们中的哪一位是这个项目的主要设计者 |
[10:10] | It’s a group effort, | 这是大家共同努力的结果 |
[10:11] | but I guess if we had to pick a main brain, it would be me. | 但如果非得选一个主力 那应该是我吧 |
[10:24] | And because of the quantum vortices, | 因为量子涡旋 |
[10:26] | this can run perpetually? | 这玩意就具有永动性吗 |
[10:27] | Exactly. | 完全正确 |
[10:28] | Yeah, you have a good grasp of the physics. | 看来你很懂物理嘛 |
[10:30] | – Well, I’m a scientist by training. – Really? | -我是被培训出来的科学家 -是吗 |
[10:32] | You’re a physicist? | 你是物理学家吗 |
[10:33] | Better. I’m an engineer. | 比那强 我是工程师 |
[10:41] | Where did you go to school? | 你是哪里毕业的 |
[10:43] | MIT. | 麻省理工 |
[10:44] | Oh. Well, hey, me, too. | 真巧 我也是 |
[10:46] | I should have known. | 我早该知道 |
[10:47] | Behind every great invention is an MIT mind. | 每一项伟大的发明背后都有我们校友的智慧结晶 |
[10:53] | I’ll cut to the chase. | 我就不兜圈子了 |
[10:55] | The Air Force believes there’s an application for this technology, | 美国空军想将这项技术投入到实际应用中 |
[10:58] | and we’re interested in funding your research. | 我们有兴趣投资你们的研究 |
[11:01] | Well, thanks, but you should know | 多谢赏识 但你要知道 |
[11:03] | we’re a little concerned about this being used in weapons. | 我们有点担心这项技术会被用到武器上 |
[11:07] | Oh, well, let me put your mind at ease. | 这样啊 让我来放宽你心 |
[11:09] | What we use it for is none of your business. | 我们拿来干什么关你们屁事 |
[11:15] | I don’t know how I feel about this. | 我不知道该对此作何感想 |
[11:17] | Look, guys, it’s just a guidance system. | 伙计们 这只是一个导向系统 |
[11:20] | It’s not like you’re handing us | 别想得好像你们交给我们的是 |
[11:21] | the Death Star from Star Trek. | 《星际迷航》的终极武器死星 |
[11:29] | All you need to worry about is, | 你们唯一需要顾虑的是 |
[11:30] | right now, it’s this big, | 现在它这么大 |
[11:33] | and we need it to be… this big. | 我们需要它变得…这么点大 |
[11:37] | That’s a lot less big. | 那要大大减小很多啊 |
[11:40] | Yes, it’s… this much less big. | 没错 减小的程度有这么大 |
[11:44] | I’m not even sure that’s possible. | 我都不确定可不可行 |
[11:47] | Well, I ran it by some colleagues at MIT, | 我问过几个麻省理工的同事 |
[11:49] | and they thought they could get it done in four months. | 他们认为四个月就能搞定 |
[11:51] | – Four months? – Yeah, we’ll do it in two! | -四个月 -那我们两个月就能搞定 |
[11:55] | Hi. I’m Dr. Sheldon Cooper. | 你好 我是谢尔顿·库珀博士 |
[11:56] | I’m the actual brains behind this project. | 我才是这个项目的主力设计者 |
[11:58] | Also, engineers aren’t real scientists, | 还有工程师不是真正的科学家 |
[12:00] | MIT’s a trade school, | 麻省理工是一所职业学院 |
[12:02] | and the Death Star is from Star Wars, not Star Trek! | 还有还有 死星来自《星球大战》不是《星际迷航》 |
[12:06] | But otherwise, | 撇开那些不说 |
[12:07] | thank you for your service. | 感谢为国服役 |
[12:16] | Howard told me you were working late, so I brought dinner. | 霍华德跟我说你要加班 所以我带了吃的来 |
[12:19] | Oh, thanks. You know, I just wanted to get some work done | 谢谢 我只是想安静地工作 |
[12:22] | without people congratulating me about the baby every five minutes. | 不用每五分钟就有人跑来恭喜我怀孕了 |
[12:24] | I spent my day alone in the lab | 我今天自己在实验室 |
[12:26] | waiting for a rat to die of anthrax. | 陪一只炭疽感染的老鼠等死 |
[12:30] | Did you come here to bring me dinner or to gloat? | 你是来给我送吃的 还是来幸灾乐祸 |
[12:34] | Well, I came to see how you were feeling, | 我是来看看你心情好点没 |
[12:36] | but I’m guessing still angry? | 但我猜还在生气呢 |
[12:38] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:39] | My boss wants to meet with me, and I’m stressing. | 我老板要见我 我现在压力山大 |
[12:42] | You really think they’re gonna start treating you differently? | 你真的认为他们会开始区别对待你吗 |
[12:44] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[12:45] | I’ve always been treated differently! | 我向来都被人区别对待 |
[12:47] | Look at me! Listen to me! | 瞧我小体型 听我的小尖嗓 |
[12:50] | I mean, the first thought when you see me isn’t, | 你看见我脑子里永远不会首先想到 |
[12:52] | “That’s a scientist.” | “那是一位科学家” |
[12:53] | It’s, “I wonder if her mommy knows where she is.” | 你只会想”希望她不要跟妈妈走丢” |
[12:59] | I am really regretting that I got you a Happy Meal. | 我好后悔给你买了欢乐儿童餐 |
[13:05] | I’ve worked so hard to get where I am, | 我那么努力工作才坐上这个位置 |
[13:07] | and I don’t want to get sent back to square one | 我不想因为怀孕 |
[13:09] | because I’m pregnant. | 就被打回原点 |
[13:11] | I understand how you feel. | 我懂你的感受 |
[13:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:14] | I wish there were some way I could make it better. | 真希望我能做些什么让你好过点 |
[13:17] | Well, you brought me French fries. That’s a start. | 你给我买了薯条 这是好的第一步 |
[13:20] | Uh, actually, I got you apple slices ’cause you’re pregnant. | 其实我给你买了切片苹果 因为你怀孕了嘛 |
[13:25] | Apple slices? | 切片苹果 |
[13:27] | What kind of lunatic goes to McDonald’s and gets fruit?! | 哪个傻逼会去麦当劳买水果啊 |
[13:31] | I’ll be right back. | 小的立马重新买 |
[13:33] | And a chocolate shake! | 老娘还要巧克力奶昔 |
[13:43] | What are you doing? | 你做什么呢 |
[13:44] | Oh, Leonard’s mad at me, so I’m making him lemon bars. | 莱纳德生我气了 我给他做柠檬方块呢 |
[13:49] | Does he even like lemon bars? | 他爱吃柠檬方块吗 |
[13:50] | Not really. | 不爱吃 |
[13:53] | But I’m mad at him, too, so lemon bars it is. | 但我也在生他的气 所以就柠檬方块吧 |
[13:57] | Something happen at the meeting? | 会面时发生什么事了吗 |
[13:59] | They made me promise I wouldn’t talk. | 他们逼我保证不说话 |
[14:01] | – And you talked? – Well, now, see? | -结果你说话了 -你看吧 |
[14:03] | You knew what was gonna happen. | 你都知道会发生什么事了 |
[14:04] | Why didn’t they? | 他们怎么就不知道呢 |
[14:06] | Anyway, now we’re committed to completing this project | 总之现在我们承诺了要在近乎不可能的 |
[14:08] | in a ridiculously short time frame, | 极短的时间内完成这个项目 |
[14:10] | and everyone’s upset with me. | 大家都生我气了 |
[14:12] | Well, if it makes you feel any better, | 也许这能让你好过点 |
[14:13] | Bernadette’s mad at me, too. | 伯纳黛特也在生我的气 |
[14:16] | If it makes you feel any better, | 也许这能让你好过点 |
[14:17] | a parasitoid wasp known as Oobius depressus | 有一种类型的寄生蜂 |
[14:20] | has been rediscovered after 101 years of presumed extinction. | 在被认定灭绝101年后重新被发现踪迹了 |
[14:26] | Why would that make me feel better? | 这怎么让我好过了 |
[14:28] | Why would your Bernadette thing make me feel better? | 那你跟伯纳黛特的事又怎么会让我好过 |
[14:32] | At least mine was educational. | 至少我的还有教育意义 |
[14:34] | Okay. Never mind. | 好吧 当我没说 |
[14:35] | Look, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:37] | Tell me why Bernadette is upset with you. | 告诉我伯纳黛特为什么生你的气了 |
[14:40] | Well, I told people at work that she’s pregnant. | 我跟公司的人说了她怀孕的事 |
[14:42] | She wasn’t ready for them to know. | 但她没准备让他们知道 |
[14:45] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[14:46] | Well, it just slipped out. I feel terrible. | 我就是说溜嘴了 我也很懊悔 |
[14:48] | See, that’s exactly what happened to me, | 跟我简直一模一样 |
[14:50] | except that I said it on purpose, and I have no regrets. | 除了我是故意说的 而且并不后悔 |
[14:56] | Is it even possible to get this done in two months? | 两个月内完成有可能吗 |
[14:58] | Well, maybe. I don’t know. | 也许吧 不知道 |
[14:59] | We’ll have to work 12 hours a day, seven days a week. | 我们得每周不歇地一天工作12小时 |
[15:02] | Which means I won’t be able to make Penny breakfast every day, | 也就是说我不能再每天给佩妮做早餐了 |
[15:04] | and she’ll realize my brioche French toast | 她会意识我做的法式吐司奶油卷 |
[15:06] | was the only thing keeping her in the marriage. | 是唯一让她不跟我离婚的原因 |
[15:10] | I love your French toast. | 我也爱吃你做的法式吐司 |
[15:11] | Oh, thanks, man. | 谢了 兄弟 |
[15:13] | So, why did you guys even agree to the deadline? | 那你们为什么同意那个截止日期 |
[15:16] | We didn’t. Sheldon did. | 我们没同意 谢尔顿干的 |
[15:18] | And you just let him? | 你就让他答应了 |
[15:19] | Well, the colonel said it was for the good of the country, | 上校还说这是苟利国家的事 |
[15:21] | and the funding is substantial. | 我们就因资金而趋之了 |
[15:23] | No, but mostly, there was an awkward pause, | 没有 主要当时有一阵尴尬的沉默 |
[15:24] | and I broke it by saying, “Okay.” | 于是为了打破尴尬局面 我就说了”好” |
[15:29] | So I guess I won’t be seeing you guys for a while. | 看来我要见不到你们一阵子了 |
[15:32] | Oh, looks like it. Wow. | 是这样的 |
[15:33] | You’re going off to work with the military, leaving me behind. | 你们去军方工作 独留我一人 |
[15:37] | Now I know how all those army wives feel. | 我突然理解军嫂的生活了 |
[15:42] | Would you stop? | 你够了啊 |
[15:42] | We’re just gonna be on the other side of campus. | 我们就是在大学另一端而已 |
[15:44] | And right here. | 也在这里 |
[15:48] | You are a deeply silly man. | 你就是一傻姑娘 |
[15:53] | He is so afraid of his feelings. | 他怎么如此不敢直面内心呢 |
[16:02] | Got a minute? | 有空吗 |
[16:03] | Yeah, come on in. | 有啊 进来 |
[16:07] | I just wanted to apologize. | 我想道歉 |
[16:09] | I know what you did was an accident. | 我知道你是不小心说出去的 |
[16:12] | Oh, thank you, and I’m sorry I lied about it. | 谢谢你 对不起 我跟你撒谎了 |
[16:14] | For what it’s worth, you’re a great liar. | 不过 你撒谎挺在行的 |
[16:16] | Oh, that’s what Amy said. | 艾米也这么夸我的 |
[16:20] | So what’s going on with the research project? | 研究项目怎么样了 |
[16:22] | Are they gonna let you run it? | 他们还会让你负责吗 |
[16:24] | Well, my boss said he hadn’t decided yet, | 老板说他还没定下来 |
[16:25] | so I gently reminded him | 于是我温柔地提醒了他 |
[16:27] | that he’s an old rich white guy, | 他是个有钱白人老头 |
[16:28] | and I’m a sweet little pregnant lady | 而我是个甜美无害的小孕妇 |
[16:30] | who’s not afraid to cry in front of a jury. | 在陪审团面前演落泪戏码 没在怕的 |
[16:34] | You threatened to sue? | 你威胁要告他 |
[16:36] | Hey, I learned a long time ago, when you’re four feet eleven | 我多年前就已学会 当你只有一米五 |
[16:39] | and eye level with every guy’s crotch, | 而平视只能看到每个男人裆部时 |
[16:40] | that’s where you punch. | 你就往那里捶就对了 |
[16:44] | That’s funny. | 有点意思 |
[16:45] | I learned something totally different. | 我学到的不是捶 是… |
[16:50] | Do you know what? | 其实呢 |
[16:50] | It’s just a research project. | 不过是个研究项目 |
[16:52] | The most important job in the world | 世上最重要的工作 |
[16:54] | is gonna be raising this child. | 应该是抚养这个孩子 |
[16:55] | It’s all I need to give my life meaning. | 那才赋予我生命的意义 |
[16:57] | Oh, that’s so beautiful. | 说得太好了 |
[17:00] | You believe me? Oh, good. | 你信了 那就好 |
[17:01] | 11 more chumps like you, | 再多11个像你这样的笨蛋 |
[17:03] | I’ll have the jury eating out of my hand. | 整团陪审团就随老娘摆布了 |
[17:07] | I never realized this building was classified. | 我之前都不知道这栋楼是机密建筑 |
[17:11] | Maybe that’s because it’s classified. | 也许正是因为它是机密 |
[17:16] | Wish we weren’t so far from my parking space. | 希望不会离我们的车位太远 |
[17:19] | The way you put away those lemon bars, | 就你吃柠檬方块的那个熊样 |
[17:20] | perhaps that’s a good thing. | 远点是好事 |
[17:23] | I’d like to reinstate the you-not-talking rule. | 我希望恢复”你不许说话”规则 |
[17:26] | Why? It clearly doesn’t work. | 为什么 明显没用 |
[17:30] | 危险 不得吸烟 | |
[17:31] | I guess this is it. | 应该就是这了 |
[17:33] | Is that a retinal scanner? | 那是视网膜扫描仪吗 |
[17:35] | Let’s find out. | 我们试试 |
[17:37] | Howard Wolowitz– access granted. | 霍华德·沃罗威茨 准许入内 |
[17:40] | – No way! – Impressive! | -不是吧 -太棒了 |
[17:42] | Oh, my turn! My turn! | 该我了 该我了 |
[17:44] | Leonard Hofstadter– access granted. | 莱纳德·霍夫斯塔特 准许入内 |
[17:46] | I didn’t even have to take my glasses off! | 我都不需要把眼睛摘下来呢 |
[17:53] | Access denied. | 拒绝入内 |
[17:55] | It knows! | 它知道呢 |
[18:01] | Oh, oh, oh, oh, guys, hold me upside down! | 你们 大头朝下抱着我 |
[18:11] | Howard Wolowitz, access granted. | 霍华德·沃罗威茨 准许入内 |