时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Helium. | 氦 |
[00:05] | Yes. | 没错 |
[00:08] | Taylor Swift. | 泰勒·斯威夫特 |
[00:09] | Yes. | 没错 |
[00:11] | π Pi. | |
[00:12] | Yes. | 对 |
[00:20] | Kardashian. | 卡戴珊 |
[00:21] | More specific. | 哪一个 |
[00:25] | Khloe? | 科勒 |
[00:26] | Yes! | 对了 |
[00:28] | See, I remembered because if it looks like Kim it’s Kim, | 我能记得是因为 长得像金就是金·卡戴珊 |
[00:30] | if it looks kind of like Kim it’s Kourtney, | 如果长得有点像金 那就是葛妮 |
[00:32] | and if it looks nothing like Kim it’s Khloe. | 如果长得完全不像金 那就是科勒 |
[00:36] | Oh, that’s a Venn Diagram, | 这是维恩图解 |
[00:37] | and I remember because I thought to myself, | 我能记得是因为我当时想 |
[00:39] | “Venn is he gonna stop talking about this diagram?” | “这叫维恩的家伙 什么时候能不说这图了” |
[00:43] | What are you guys doing? | 你们俩在干嘛 |
[00:44] | Oh, well, we decided to use our breakfast time | 我们决定用我们早餐时间 |
[00:47] | to expand our respective knowledge bases. | 来扩大我们各自的知识储备 |
[00:50] | Oh, let me try. | 让我试试 |
[00:53] | Hmm, atom of hydrogen, Adam of Maroon 5, | 氢原子与魔力红的主唱亚当[两者音似] |
[00:55] | mic drop. | 扔麦霸气退场 |
[01:00] | I’m sorry, who is Mike Drop? | 抱歉 谁是扔麦霸·气退场 |
[01:03] | Oh, hey, Penny, do you want to go to the airport | 佩妮 你晚点想跟我一起 |
[01:05] | with me later to pick up my mother? | 去机场接我妈吗 |
[01:06] | – Sure. – Thanks. | -好啊 -谢谢 |
[01:08] | – No problem. – Hey, Penny, | -小事 -佩妮 |
[01:09] | um, since you’re already gonna be at the airport, | 既然你都要去机场了 |
[01:10] | do I need to go? | 我还有去的必要吗 |
[01:13] | Why don’t you want to get your mother from the airport? | 你为什么不想去机场接你妈妈 |
[01:15] | Well, I can do without the 40-minute car ride | 因为我的人生不需要增加一段 |
[01:17] | where she criticizes every aspect of my life. | 对我人生长达40分钟的全方位嘲讽 |
[01:20] | She can cover it in a car ride? | 她一趟车程就能全说完了吗 |
[01:23] | I could do 40 minutes on your posture alone. | 光是你的姿势我就能说40分钟呢 |
[01:27] | You really want me to pick up your mother all by myself? | 你真的想要我一个人去接你妈吗 |
[01:29] | Hmm, I just feel like | 我只是觉得 |
[01:31] | it would be a good chance for you to bond. | 这是你们俩增进感情的好机会 |
[01:33] | Or a way for you to avoid her? | 或是你避开她的好机会吗 |
[01:35] | I don’t know what he’s putting on those cards, | 我不知道他的卡上都写了什么 |
[01:36] | but you are smarter than ever. | 但你机智程度破了你人生记录啊 |
[01:39] | Fine, if you really want me to, I will pick your mom up. | 如果真想我去 那我就去接你妈妈吧 |
[01:42] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[01:43] | Yeah, you know what, she is my mother-in-law, | 对啊 毕竟她也是我婆婆 |
[01:45] | and I’d like for us to have a good relationship. | 我也想我们能好好相处 |
[01:48] | That is very mature of you, | 你这行为好成熟 |
[01:49] | so I’m gonna go ahead and say, “Suckah.” | 所以我决定告诉你 “傻逼” |
[01:53] | – All right, back to learning. – Okay. | -继续学习 -好的 |
[01:56] | Oh, easy, Bill Nye the Science Guy. | 简单 《比尔教科学》的主持人比尔 |
[01:58] | Or as I know him… | 我印象中的他是… |
[02:00] | “Creepy old dude from Dancing with the Stars.” | “《与星共舞》里的怪老头” |
[02:31] | Did you guys see there’s an Avengers screening? | 你们知道最近有场《复仇者联盟》的放映吗 |
[02:33] | Joss Whedon’s gonna show some deleted scenes | 这戏的导演会放出删减的片段 |
[02:35] | and do a question and answer session. | 还会有一个问与答的环节 |
[02:37] | Oh, well, I have a few questions for him | 我对于上一部《复仇者联盟》电影 |
[02:38] | about the last Avengers movie… | 有几个问题想问他 |
[02:40] | and a whole lot of answers. | 还有一大堆吐槽答案 |
[02:44] | When’s the screening? | 活动是什么时候 |
[02:45] | Uh, it’s tonight, but it’s first-come, first-served, | 今晚 但是谁先来谁有座 |
[02:47] | so we should probably get there early and wait in line. | 所以我们应该提早去排队 |
[02:49] | Let’s do it. | 咱们去吧 |
[02:50] | Penny’s busy with my mother, so I’m in. | 佩妮得忙着陪我妈妈 我也去 |
[02:52] | Oh, bad news. | 有个坏消息 |
[02:54] | Amy’s making me go shopping with her later, | 艾米叫我晚点陪她去逛街 |
[02:56] | so looks like none of us can go. | 所以大家都别想去了 |
[03:01] | You do realize we’re allowed to have fun without you? | 你知道你不在场时我们也有权享乐的吧 |
[03:04] | In fact, that’s usually the trick to it. | 通常就是因为你不在才能享乐 |
[03:08] | What time do we need to get there? | 我们几点得到 |
[03:10] | Uh, I’d say by 3:00. | 我觉得3点吧 |
[03:11] | You’re really going without me? | 你们真的要抛下我去玩吗 |
[03:13] | It’s not a big deal. | 不是什么大事 |
[03:14] | Go shopping with Amy, | 去跟艾米逛街吧 |
[03:15] | and we’ll save a spot in line for you. | 到时候我们帮你占一个位置 |
[03:17] | You don’t have the authority to save places in the line. | 你没有权利在队伍中帮人占位置 |
[03:20] | If I do that, I’ll be cutting. | 如果我这么做 那就是插队了 |
[03:21] | People do it all the time. | 大家都这样啊 |
[03:23] | You know the golden rule of line etiquette: | 你知道排队的黄金条例 |
[03:24] | “No cuts, no buts, no coconuts.” | “插队死全家” |
[03:27] | If you really care that much, | 如果你真这么在意 |
[03:29] | there are apps now that’ll let you hire people to do stuff | 现在也有很多软件可以让你花钱请人 |
[03:32] | like errands and wait in lines. | 代跑腿或者代排队啊 |
[03:34] | People are actually waiting in lines as a job? | 真有人的工作是排队吗 |
[03:38] | Boy, makes me feel better about my life. | 突然对自己的人生产生满足感 |
[03:41] | Some of these guys make over $20 an hour. | 他们其中有些人时薪超过20块呢 |
[03:44] | And now I feel worse again. | 现在我又悲伤感爆棚了 |
[03:48] | I’m not surprised Leonard chose to avoid picking me up. | 我一点都不惊讶莱纳德选择逃避接机 |
[03:52] | He’s battled intimacy issues his whole life. | 他这辈子都在克服亲密关系问题 |
[03:55] | Does he have difficulty maintaining erections? | 他对于保持勃起状态会有困难吗 |
[04:01] | Didn’t even make it out of the parking lot. | 都还没开出停车场呢 |
[04:04] | Uh, you know what, enough about Leonard. | 莱纳德的事说够多了 |
[04:06] | Let’s talk about you. | 来说说你的事吧 |
[04:07] | What would you like to do while you’re here? | 你这次来这里 有想做什么吗 |
[04:09] | Dear, I’m a psychiatrist. | 亲爱的 我是个心理医生 |
[04:11] | You don’t have to avoid having intimate conversations with me. | 你不用逃避跟我谈论私密的话题 |
[04:15] | Well, I’d actually like for us to be close, | 其实我也想跟你变得亲近 |
[04:17] | but maybe we start with our favorite books | 或许我们可以聊聊我们最喜欢的书 |
[04:19] | and work our way up to my husband’s sex organs. | 然后再慢慢聊到我丈夫的性器官 |
[04:24] | Very well. | 没问题 |
[04:25] | What’s the last book you read? | 你最近读的一本书是什么 |
[04:26] | Um, does Pottery Barn, Spring count? | 家具店春季目录算吗 |
[04:31] | Penny, it’s only natural to want your mother-in-law to like you, | 佩妮 想要自己的婆婆喜欢自己很正常 |
[04:35] | and I acknowledge I can be an intimidating person. | 我承认我有时过于强势吓人 |
[04:39] | So what can I do to make this process easier for you? | 我该怎么做才能让你自在点呢 |
[04:42] | Uh, for starters, | 比如说 |
[04:43] | maybe you can not psychoanalyze everything I say? | 你能不能不要跟我玩精神分析这一套 |
[04:46] | And how does it make you feel | 那当我精神分析你时 |
[04:47] | when I psychoanalyze everything you say? | 你有什么感觉呢 |
[04:51] | Uncomfortable. | 很不舒服 |
[04:53] | That was a joke, dear. | 亲爱的 我刚才在开玩笑 |
[04:54] | Oh. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:56] | Didn’t know you made those. | 不知道你还会开玩笑 |
[04:59] | Hey, listen, what if we have a little | 不如我们今晚来个 |
[05:01] | mother-in-law-daughter-in-law dinner tonight? | 婆媳小聚餐吧 |
[05:05] | So just the two of us? | 所以就咱俩吗 |
[05:07] | Or I invite a few girlfriends, | 或许我再叫上俩闺蜜 |
[05:09] | ’cause hearing you say “The two of us” | 因为听到你说”就咱俩”时 |
[05:10] | just sent a chill right down my spine. | 我的后脊一阵发凉 |
[05:19] | What are you doing here? | 你上车干嘛 |
[05:20] | You’re not Sheldon. | 你又不是谢尔顿 |
[05:22] | I thought that might come up. | 我早料到你可能会这么说 |
[05:25] | Sheldon hired me to go shopping with you. | 谢尔顿花钱雇我 让我跟你去逛街 |
[05:28] | Hold on. | 慢着 |
[05:29] | He paid you to get out of spending time with me? | 他给你钱 好不用跟我一起待着是吗 |
[05:32] | No, it’s not like that. | 不 不是那样的 |
[05:34] | There’s a long line he’d rather stand in. | 是他宁可去排一条长长的队 |
[05:39] | So what are we doing? Old Navy, Build-A-Bear? | 我们要做什么 你想买衣服还是做玩具熊 |
[05:40] | I get paid either way. | 反正做啥我都有钱拿 |
[05:44] | We’re not going shopping together. | 我才不会跟你去逛街 |
[05:46] | You sure? I’m happy to hold your bag. | 你确定吗 我可是很乐意帮你拿包包哦 |
[05:48] | And Sheldon gave me money for a hotdog on a stick. | 谢尔顿还给了我买热狗棒的钱 |
[05:52] | Can you understand why I might be annoyed right now? | 你能理解为什么我现在很火大吗 |
[05:56] | Look, lady, I just work here. | 女士 我今天才第一天上班 |
[06:03] | We’ve waited in a lot of lines together, haven’t we? | 我们一起排过很多次队 对吧 |
[06:06] | Remember when we camped out | 还记得我们为了漫展 |
[06:07] | for the Doctor Who panel at Comic-Con? | 《神秘博士》的剧组在外露营了吗 |
[06:09] | Yeah, sleeping under the stars | 记得 露宿在星空下 |
[06:10] | with other fans who love the show as much as we do. | 跟一群像我们一样热爱这部剧的粉丝们 |
[06:13] | Waking up, wondering which one of those fans stole our wallets. | 醒来后寻思 到底是哪个粉丝偷了我们的钱包 |
[06:17] | Stuart, what are you doing here? | 斯尔图特 你来这里干嘛 |
[06:19] | Sheldon, you are the most inconsiderate person | 谢尔顿 你是我这辈子见过 |
[06:21] | I have ever met in my entire life! | 最不顾及别人感受的人 |
[06:25] | Where do you get off sending me | 你哪儿来的胆子 居然让我 |
[06:27] | to shop with your girlfriend?! | 去陪你女朋友逛街 |
[06:29] | I don’t understand. | 我糊涂了 |
[06:30] | You were happy to do this when I hired you. | 之前给你钱时 你不是很乐意这么做吗 |
[06:32] | Why-why are you upset with me now? | 为什么现在对我这么不爽 |
[06:34] | Oh, I’m not upset with you, but Amy’s pretty bent out of shape, | 不是我对你不爽 但艾米现在超级不爽你 |
[06:37] | so she hired me to let you have it. | 所以她花钱请我来骂你 |
[06:43] | Well, I suppose turnabout is fair play. | 天道好轮回 苍天饶过谁 |
[06:45] | You’re darn right it’s fair play, you selfish jerk! | 你他妈说对了 你个自私的混蛋 |
[06:52] | You know, just when I think | 正当我觉得 |
[06:53] | we’re making progress in our relationship, | 我们的关系取得进展时 |
[06:55] | we revert to our old patterns | 我们又恢复原状 |
[06:56] | where thoughts and feelings go unexpressed. | 他有什么想法和情绪都不告诉我 |
[06:58] | I mean, if he didn’t want to go shopping with me, | 我是说 如果他不想跟我去逛街 |
[07:00] | why didn’t he just say so? | 那他干嘛不直接说 |
[07:02] | Maybe he couldn’t get a word in edgewise. | 或许是因为他插不上嘴 |
[07:08] | I’m sorry, I’ve been going on and on. | 抱歉 我一直喋喋不休 |
[07:10] | Oh, it’s all right, dear. | 没关系 亲爱的 |
[07:11] | Sheldon has a brilliant and complicated mind. | 谢尔顿的大脑睿智又复杂 |
[07:15] | It’s understandable that being in a relationship with him | 我可以理解跟他谈恋爱 |
[07:17] | could be trying. | 会比较费劲 |
[07:19] | I called him “babe” once. | 我有次叫了他”宝贝” |
[07:20] | He asked me to get a drug test. | 他怀疑我嗑药 要我药检 |
[07:25] | Well, I do admire your resolve. | 我真的很佩服你的决心 |
[07:27] | – You’re an extraordinary woman. – Thank you. | -你是一名非凡的女性 -谢谢 |
[07:30] | You know, she’s my mother-in-law. | 她是我婆婆 |
[07:31] | Why can’t I bond with her like that? | 为什么我不能跟她像这样热络呢 |
[07:34] | Amy’s with Sheldon who she loves like a son. | 艾米跟她视如己出的谢尔顿在一起 |
[07:37] | You’re with her son… | 而你跟她… |
[07:38] | who she doesn’t. | 视如外人的儿子在一起 |
[07:41] | Do you realize it took me five years to get a massage from him? | 你知道我们谈了五年 他才愿意给我做按摩吗 |
[07:44] | Oh, well, that still could be a big step for Sheldon. | 那对谢尔顿来说 也算是很大的进步了 |
[07:48] | Three minutes. | 三分钟 |
[07:50] | And he used a kitchen timer. | 他用了一个厨房计时器计时 |
[07:53] | I felt like a soft-boiled egg. | 我觉得自己就像一颗溏心蛋 |
[07:57] | You know, being in a relationship with Leonard | 跟莱纳德一起相处 |
[07:59] | also comes with its challenges. | 也是挑战满满哦 |
[08:02] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[08:02] | Well, what can you do? | 但你又能怎么样呢 |
[08:09] | Maybe it’s Sheldon, here to say he’s sorry. | 或许是谢尔顿来道歉了 |
[08:12] | Sheldon says he’s sorry. | 谢尔顿说对不起 |
[08:17] | Bernadette, I’ll give you five dollars to slam the door. | 伯纳黛特 我给你五块钱 使劲摔门 |
[08:19] | I would have done it for three. | 我收三块就行 |
[08:28] | Boy, all this standing’s making me tired. | 天啊 站这么久我好累啊 |
[08:30] | Good thing I brought my collapsible stick chair. | 还好我带了我的手杖折叠椅 |
[08:35] | Not the stick chair. | 我讨厌那椅子 |
[08:36] | You look like an idiot on that thing. | 你坐在那玩意上像个傻子 |
[08:38] | Sticks and stones may break my bones, | 棍杖和石头或许会弄断我的骨头 |
[08:40] | but chairs on sticks are comfy. | 但在棍杖上的椅子 超舒服哦 |
[08:46] | Is everything smoothed out with Amy? | 艾米的事摆平了吗 |
[08:48] | Uh, no, she’s still pretty mad. | 没有 她还是很生气 |
[08:51] | Did you make the apology as sincere as I would have? | 你道歉的时候 有像我那样真诚吗 |
[08:54] | I said, “Sheldon says he’s sorry.” | 我说”谢尔顿说对不起” |
[08:56] | Oh, well, that’s laying it on a little thick. | 那有点过分真诚了 |
[09:01] | You think it’s time you apologize to her yourself? | 你该亲自去跟她道歉了吧 |
[09:04] | I suppose so. | 我想也是 |
[09:05] | But if I get out of the line, I’ll lose my spot. | 但如果我走出队伍 我的位置就没了 |
[09:07] | I’m happy to hold your place till you get back. | 我很乐意帮你保留位置等你回来 |
[09:10] | You would do that? | 你会这么做吗 |
[09:11] | Consider it my way of getting more of your money. | 就当这是我坑你钱的方式吧 |
[09:14] | You’re a good man. | 你真是一个好人 |
[09:19] | So, Beverly, did you know Penny | 贝弗莉 你知道佩妮 |
[09:21] | is the number three sales rep at our pharmaceutical company? | 是我们制药公司业绩第三名的销售代表吗 |
[09:24] | Oh, I didn’t realize you two work together. | 我都不知道你们俩一起工作 |
[09:26] | Well, we don’t exactly. | 其实不算是 |
[09:27] | I’m a microbiologist for the research team. | 我是研发团队的微生物学家 |
[09:29] | Oh, what are you currently developing? | 你们最近在研发什么 |
[09:30] | Some exciting new anti-anxiety drugs. | 一种抗焦虑的新药 |
[09:33] | That’s interesting. | 真是巧了 |
[09:34] | I just attended a lecture on pediatric anxiety. | 我刚参加了一个关于儿童焦虑症的讲座 |
[09:37] | Oh, was it, uh, Dr. Jenofski? | 是不是杰诺夫斯基博士的讲座 |
[09:39] | I just saw his TED Talk! | 我才看了他的TED演讲 |
[09:40] | It was. | 正是他的 |
[09:41] | Let’s get back to Penny. | 我们还是聊回佩妮吧 |
[09:43] | Hey, weren’t you telling me | 对了 你之前不是提起过 |
[09:44] | something great about your company car? | 公司给你的那辆车有多棒吗 |
[09:51] | It has seat warmers. | 车上有座椅加热器 |
[09:55] | Amy! Amy! | 艾米 艾米 |
[09:57] | – Amy! – Come in. | -艾米 -进来 |
[10:00] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[10:01] | Oh, Beverly, good to see you! | 贝弗利 很高兴见到你 |
[10:02] | I’d love to chat, but there’s a line | 我本想坐下来小聊一下 但是 |
[10:04] | that could start moving any minute, so let’s do this. | 我们排的队马上就要进场了 所以我就直说了 |
[10:06] | Amy? | 艾米 |
[10:07] | A proper apology requires three steps. | 一个完整的道歉需要以下三个步骤 |
[10:09] | Step one– an admission of wrongdoing. | 第一步 承认错误 |
[10:11] | Amy, I was wrong. | 艾米 我错了 |
[10:12] | Step two– | 第二步 |
[10:13] | a promise never to repeat said action. | 承诺再也不犯同样的错误 |
[10:15] | Amy, that action will never be repeated, | 艾米 我再也不会犯同样的错了 |
[10:17] | and that’s a promise. | 我保证 |
[10:18] | Step three– an earnest request for forgiveness. | 第三步 诚恳地请求对方原谅 |
[10:20] | Amy, I hope you can forgive me. | 艾米 求求你原谅我吧 |
[10:21] | And I hope you do it right now, | 而且你最好快点原谅 |
[10:23] | ’cause there’s an Uber waiting downstairs, | 因为还有辆优步在楼下等着我呢 |
[10:24] | and I don’t want to repeat this apology nonsense | 我可不想对着我的司机甘尼什 |
[10:26] | with my driver Ganesh. | 再重复一遍无聊的道歉了 |
[10:31] | Fine. | 原谅你了 |
[10:31] | Oh, thanks! You’re a peach! | 多谢了 你真是个好人 |
[10:33] | Beverly, we’ll catch up soon. | 贝弗利 回聊啊 |
[10:34] | Bernadette, it was a pleasure as always, | 伯纳黛特 回见啊 |
[10:35] | Penny, you have spinach in your teeth. | 佩妮 你牙齿上有菠菜 |
[10:40] | How long have I had spinach in my teeth? | 这菠菜粘在我牙齿上多久了 |
[10:42] | Since the airport, dear. | 在机场时就有了 亲 |
[10:48] | You look like you come with a kickstand. | 你看起来就像是长了个支架一样 |
[10:51] | You can’t make me feel bad. | 你的话伤不了我 |
[10:54] | Hmm, maybe not. Leonard? | 也许我不行 莱纳德你来 |
[10:57] | So, when the aliens brought you back, | 外星人把你送回来时 |
[10:59] | they just left the probe in? | 是不是忘记把探测仪拔出来了 |
[11:03] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[11:04] | – Hey, how’d it go? – It went well. | -怎么样 -完美 |
[11:05] | Yeah, I’ve learned that if you never say you’re sorry, | 我发现如果你从来没有道过歉 |
[11:07] | the times you do really puts them on their heels. | 当你真的道歉时 对方可是会吓到呢 |
[11:11] | Uh, Stuart, I relieve you of your line duties. | 斯图尔特 你可以不用帮我排队了 |
[11:14] | Anyone else need anything before I go? | 还有人需要我的帮忙吗 |
[11:16] | I’ll give you a dollar if make fun of Raj. | 给你一块钱 羞辱一下拉杰 |
[11:20] | – That’s mean. – Five. | -你太坏了 -五块钱 |
[11:21] | You look like Tigger | 你好像长着尾巴的跳跳虎 |
[11:22] | if Tigger looked like a jackass. | 如果跳跳虎和你一样像个智障的话 |
[11:26] | Uh, if you ever need a reference or anything, | 如果你以后需要推荐人 |
[11:28] | just let me know. | 记得找我 |
[11:31] | Hey, guys. | 我来了 |
[11:33] | You made it. | 你总算赶到了 |
[11:34] | Did you see that? | 你们看见没 |
[11:36] | He just cut the line. | 他插队了 |
[11:37] | He’s just joining his friends; it’s fine. | 人家有朋友在排队呢 别管了 |
[11:39] | No, it’s not fine. | 不 我才不能不管 |
[11:41] | It is a breach of line etiquette. | 这破坏了排队的规则 |
[11:43] | We’re near the front of the line. | 我们差不多排在队伍的最前面了 |
[11:44] | We’ll get in either way. | 不管怎样我们都能进去 |
[11:46] | What if every person in front of us lets someone cut? | 如果我们之前的每个人都让人插队呢 |
[11:48] | We’d still get in. | 我们也能进去 |
[11:48] | What if each of those people let someone cut? | 如果每个插队的人又让人插队呢 |
[11:50] | Still get in. | 还是能进去 |
[11:51] | But then each of those people let someone cut? | 如果后来的人又让人插队呢 |
[11:53] | We’d still get in, but first I’d hit you | 还是能进去 但首先 |
[11:54] | over the head with his stick chair. | 我要用他的手杖椅把你打昏 |
[11:59] | – Excuse me. – Oh, please don’t. | -对不起 -求你别说 |
[12:00] | Uh, uh, I couldn’t help but notice | 我看到 |
[12:02] | that you cut the line. | 你插队了 |
[12:04] | Oh, uh, I’m with my friends. | 我朋友在这排着呢 |
[12:06] | It’s cool. | 没事 |
[12:07] | Well, no. | 才怪 |
[12:08] | It’s not cool. | 这才不会没事 |
[12:10] | If there were reserved seating, | 如果座位是预定好的 |
[12:11] | and we all had tickets, that would be fine. | 我们每个人都有票 那就没事 |
[12:13] | But this line is first-come, first-served. | 但这队伍是谁先来谁有座 |
[12:15] | Not “Show up tardy and nevertheless be first served” | 而不是”最后一个来 最先一个坐” |
[12:18] | Right here. | 来击个掌吧 |
[12:19] | No. | 不要 |
[12:22] | You need to go to the back of the line. | 你得站到队伍最后面去 |
[12:25] | Uh, who made you line monitor? | 谁批准你来当排队监督员的 |
[12:27] | Mrs. Wunch in fourth grade. | 小学四年级的旺琪老师 |
[12:31] | And my slogan was “A line that’s straight | 我的口号是”笔直的队伍 |
[12:33] | is a line that’s great”” | 才是好队伍” |
[12:36] | Is this guy for real? | 这家伙是认真的吗 |
[12:38] | Boy, I wish I could say no. | 老兄 我也希望他是在开玩笑 |
[12:42] | That was very nice of Sheldon to apologize. | 谢尔顿愿意道歉 真是很不错 |
[12:45] | Well, he’s come a long way. | 他已经进步很多了 |
[12:48] | Or a short way very slowly, | 或者是慢慢进小碎步 |
[12:50] | so it feels like a long way. | 所以让人错觉已经是很大的进步了 |
[12:53] | Your relationship with him is fascinating. | 你和他之间的关系真是太有意思了 |
[12:56] | I’m preparing to write a book on high-achieving couples, | 我正准备写一本有关那些事业有成的伴侣的书 |
[12:59] | and I would love to interview the both of you. | 我很想采访一下你们 |
[13:01] | Oh, sure. | 好啊 |
[13:03] | I’ll-I’ll talk to Sheldon about it. | 我会告诉谢尔顿这事 |
[13:04] | You know, Bernadette’s husband is a former astronaut. | 伯纳黛特的老公以前还当过宇航员呢 |
[13:06] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[13:07] | Do you think he would be interested | 你觉得他会对 |
[13:09] | in being interviewed as well? | 被采访感兴趣吗 |
[13:10] | Do I think he’d be interested? | 我觉得他会感兴趣吗 |
[13:12] | Sometimes I hear him pretending to be interviewed | 有时候我能听到他独自躲在厕所里 |
[13:14] | when he’s alone in the bathroom. | 假装正在接受采访呢 |
[13:17] | Wonderful! | 太好了 |
[13:18] | I’ll give you my contact information. | 我会把联系方式留给你 |
[13:21] | Um, you should probably talk to Penny, too. | 你也应该和佩妮聊聊啊 |
[13:25] | About what? | 聊什么 |
[13:29] | Okay, you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[13:30] | This is ridiculous. | 你真是太奇葩了 |
[13:31] | I’ve been trying to make a connection with you all day, | 我这一天都努力跟你处好关系 |
[13:33] | and clearly I’m getting nowhere. | 明显都是白费力 |
[13:35] | Well, are you seeking a connection | 你是在寻求相互有种默契 |
[13:37] | or just some form of validation? | 还是某种形式的承认 |
[13:40] | What I was seeking was some sort of friendship. | 我在寻求的是一点友情 |
[13:42] | But at this point, I’ll take you not insulting me to my face. | 但走到这步 我只求你不当面羞辱我就好 |
[13:45] | My intention was never to insult you. | 我的本意从不是要羞辱你 |
[13:47] | You’ve been doing it all day! | 你今天一整天都是这样 |
[13:48] | Do you even know what an insult is?! | 你到底知不知道什么是羞辱 |
[13:50] | Well, it’s not a clinical term. | 虽然不是临床用语 |
[13:52] | But one example would be your marrying my son, | 但举个例子 应该是你嫁给我儿子 |
[13:55] | and not inviting me or even telling me | 没有邀请也没有告知我 |
[13:56] | the wedding was taking place. | 要结婚这件事 |
[14:01] | Okay, good example. | 好 这个例子好 |
[14:07] | What about Joss Whedon’s work makes you think he’d be okay | 乔斯·惠登的作品是如何令你觉得 |
[14:09] | with rule-breakers and line-cutters?! | 破坏规则和插队是没问题的 |
[14:12] | The Avengers are rule-breakers! | 复仇者联盟就是破坏规则者 |
[14:14] | Being vengeful is in their job description! | 复仇二字就写在职责描述里 |
[14:18] | They work for SHIELD, | 他们为神盾局工作 |
[14:20] | which is a sanctioned department of the U.S. Government! | 那是受美国政府管理的部门 |
[14:22] | Do you work for a sanctioned department of the U.S. Government? | 你也为受美国政府管理的部门工作吗 |
[14:25] | As a matter of fact I do. | 其实我还真是 |
[14:26] | At a little place called the DMV. | 在一个小地方叫”车辆管理局” |
[14:31] | He’s got him there. | 他说得有道理 |
[14:32] | The D even stands for department. | 而且跟神盾局一样有”局”字 |
[14:36] | Excuse me! | 大家注意 |
[14:37] | Excuse me, can I please see a show of hands? | 大家看这里 能不能举手表态 |
[14:39] | Who here takes issue with this person cutting the line? | 认为此人插队行为有问题的请举手 |
[14:45] | Told you. | 我就说吧 |
[14:47] | Well, what a sad state of affairs! | 多么悲哀的世道啊 |
[14:49] | That you’ve all been so ground down by life, | 你们都被生活打击到 |
[14:51] | you don’t even notice when someone disrespects you. | 连有人不尊重你们都毫无知觉 |
[14:53] | I can’t believe we’re gonna get beat up, | 不敢相信我们即将被揍的原因 |
[14:55] | and it’s not because of your chair. | 居然不是因为你的手杖椅 |
[14:59] | You know, right now, at the back of this line, | 可知道就在现在 队伍的后面 |
[15:01] | there’s a movie fan like you | 有一个和你一样的影迷 |
[15:03] | who’s not going to get in, | 即将无法进入影厅 |
[15:04] | because this person simply doesn’t care. | 就是因为这个人的不在乎 |
[15:07] | Yeah, well, 61 years ago, | 没错 在61年前的队伍里 |
[15:08] | there was another person at the back of the line | 后面也站着一个人 |
[15:10] | 美国五六十年代的女性黑人民权运动者 因为拒绝公车司机要求黑人给白人让座的要求而被捕 | |
[15:10] | and her name was Rosa Parks. | 她的名字就叫罗莎·帕克斯 |
[15:16] | Okay, you may have to pretend you’re black | 听着 你一会儿可能要装成黑人 |
[15:18] | to get us out of here. | 帮我们逃过这一劫 |
[15:21] | Now, let’s follow in that brave woman’s footsteps, | 现在让我们跟随那位勇敢女性的脚步 |
[15:24] | and stand up for ourselves! | 为我们自己站出来吧 |
[15:26] | And-and I realize that she stood up by remaining seated, | 我知道她是为了能坐下而”站起来”的 |
[15:29] | but now is not that time to enjoy the irony of that. | 但现在不是享受这份讽刺感的时候 |
[15:30] | Now, I ask you again. | 现在我再问一遍 |
[15:32] | Who here takes issue with this person–? | 如果你觉得这个人… |
[15:34] | Why should we listen to you? You cut the line yourself. | 我们为什么要听你讲话 你也是一个插队的 |
[15:37] | I most certainly did not. | 我确定一定以及肯定没有 |
[15:39] | I saw you. | 我亲眼看到的 |
[15:42] | If you’re feeling dizzy, | 如果你觉得头晕 |
[15:43] | it’s because the tables have turned. | 那是因为风水轮流转 |
[15:48] | Excuse me, I paid someone to wait in line for me, | 你听好 我是付钱请人替我排队 |
[15:51] | and then when I arrived, he left, | 等我到达以后 他就走了 |
[15:52] | so what you saw, my good woman, | 所以你这女子亲眼所见的 |
[15:54] | was “swapsies” not “cutsies” | 叫”换”人 不叫”插”队 |
[15:57] | Oh, no, no, no, no, wait! | 不行不行 等等 |
[15:58] | I ask you all again. A show of hands. | 我再问一遍 请举手 |
[15:59] | Who here takes issue–? Well, stop moving! | 谁对这个人… 别走了 |
[16:01] | He’s gonna get in! | 他就要进去了 |
[16:02] | – Buddy, let it go. – No, I can’t. | -兄弟 随他吧 -不行 我做不到 |
[16:04] | This isn’t right. | 这样不对 |
[16:04] | You did everything you could. | 你已经尽力了 |
[16:06] | No, I could’ve done more. | 不 我还能更努力 |
[16:09] | Now, now, you denigrated the memory | 乖啦 你把我们对伟大人权运动先驱的 |
[16:11] | of a great civil rights pioneer. | 美好记忆都摧毁了 |
[16:13] | That’s all anyone could ask. | 你做的已经够多了 |
[16:17] | To be honest, I’m surprised you cared about the wedding at all. | 老实说 我没有想到你居然会在乎那场婚礼 |
[16:21] | I’m still human, Penny. | 我也是个人 佩妮 |
[16:23] | Not getting invited to my own son’s wedding | 自己儿子的婚礼不被邀请 |
[16:25] | is difficult to ignore. | 很难不在意 |
[16:27] | I know how you feel. | 我懂你的感受 |
[16:29] | She didn’t invite any of us. | 她也没有邀请我们 |
[16:30] | It was spur of the moment! | 那是一时冲动下去结的 |
[16:32] | But we did get to see a live stream of it on the Internet. | 但我们有在网上看直播 |
[16:35] | I could’ve watched it on the Internet? | 我也可以看网上直播啊 |
[16:40] | Thank you. | 谢你啊 |
[16:44] | So if we would have asked you to come to Vegas | 所以如果我们邀请你去拉斯维加斯 |
[16:46] | to see us get married, you would’ve come? | 参加我们的婚礼 你会来的吗 |
[16:48] | No, I would’ve said you’re making a huge mistake. | 不会 我会说你们犯了滔天大错 |
[16:51] | But an invitation would’ve been nice. | 但邀请一下也算礼数做到了啊 |
[16:55] | You really think we made a mistake? | 你真觉得我们是错误吗 |
[16:57] | At the time I did. | 当时我是那么认为的 |
[16:59] | But I-I’ve never seen Leonard so happy, | 但我从来没见过莱纳德那么开心 |
[17:01] | so… perhaps I was wrong. | 所以 也许是我错了 |
[17:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:08] | Well, um, how about this? | 那这样吧 |
[17:10] | Maybe while you’re still in town, | 趁着你还在城里 |
[17:12] | Leonard and I could have another small ceremony. | 我跟莱纳德再办一次小仪式 |
[17:15] | You know, if you’re interested. | 如果你想参加的话 |
[17:18] | I would find that perfectly acceptable. | 我完全可以接受 |
[17:22] | She would find it perfectly acceptable! | 她说完全可以接受 |
[17:24] | You guys saw it! We bonded! | 你们看到了吧 我们婆媳情深 |
[17:36] | Howie? You doing okay? | 华仔 你没事吧 |
[17:37] | You’ve been in there a while. | 你已经在里面待很久了 |
[17:38] | I’m fine. Be right out. | 没事 马上出去 |
[17:43] | Am I an American hero? | 我算不算美国英雄 |
[17:48] | Well, that’s a good question, Jim. | 真是个好问题 吉姆 |
[17:51] | Don’t you think once an astronaut leaves the planet, | 你不觉得一位宇航员一旦离开了地球 |
[17:54] | he’s a hero to all the nations of the Earth? | 就成为世界英雄了吗 |
[18:01] | Okey dokey. | 好的 |
[18:02] | I think I have time for one more question. | 我应该还有空回答最后一道问题 |