时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on The Big Bang Theory… | 《生活大爆炸》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | I guess I’m still wondering | 可能我还不确定 |
[00:04] | if Emily and I are right for each other. | 我跟艾米丽到底适不适合 |
[00:06] | Does this have to do with that girl you had coffee with? | 这不会跟喝咖啡的那个女生有关吧 |
[00:09] | You mean the strong, sexy angel I can’t stop thinking about? | 你是说那位我魂萦梦牵的身心灵完美女神吗 |
[00:12] | Who can say? | 谁知道啊 |
[00:14] | I need to come up with a big idea to make some money. | 我必须想出超级赚钱的点子 |
[00:17] | There’s no reason you can’t. | 没理由不行啊 |
[00:18] | That’s easy for you to say. | 你说得倒容易 |
[00:19] | You and Sheldon already came up with your superfluid helium model. | 你和谢尔顿已经想出了超流氦模型 |
[00:22] | That’s just research. | 那只是研究 |
[00:23] | We’re never going to make any money from it. | 根本没机会用来赚钱 |
[00:25] | Forget helium– the real superfluid | 去他的氦 这杯子里的旁趣酒 |
[00:27] | is the fruit punch in this mug. | 才是真正的超流逼 |
[00:30] | It reminds me of my daddy’s secret | 让我想起我爸的秘密 |
[00:32] | “Don’t Tell Mama” Juice. | “不许告诉妈妈”果汁 |
[00:35] | Maybe that’s an idea. | 这个主意也许行 |
[00:37] | Guidance systems for drunk people. | 给醉酒人士的导向系统 |
[00:39] | They have that, it’s called Uber. | 早有了 叫优步叫车 |
[00:42] | Hey, in your supercooled helium experiments, | 在你的过冷氦试验中 |
[00:45] | did you create quantum vortices? | 创建过量子漩涡吗 |
[00:47] | Yeah, why? | 有 怎么了 |
[00:48] | Well, if you made a guidance system, | 如果你建立一个导航系统 |
[00:49] | couldn’t you use those vortices as a gyroscope? | 是不是可以把漩涡当做螺旋仪使用 |
[00:52] | Wow. Never thought about that. | 我从来没想过 |
[00:54] | And, since it’s in a quantum state, | 而且由于是在量子态下 |
[00:56] | it would maintain an infinite persistence. | 就能保持无限持续 |
[00:58] | Groundbreaking revelations, tropical drinks. | 开创性启示 热带鸡尾酒 |
[01:00] | Tell me this isn’t like the | 这简直是最棒的一集 |
[01:01] | best episode of Sex and the City. | 《欲望都市》了 |
[01:11] | Okay, I gotta ask– | 我忍不住要问 |
[01:12] | why are you wearing a bow tie? | 你为什么要戴个领结 |
[01:14] | I’ve never applied for a patent before. | 我从来没申请过专利 |
[01:17] | I wanted to make a good impression. | 我想给人家留下好印象 |
[01:20] | Oh. Is the impression that your first name is Pee-Wee? | 给人家留下你是搞笑人物的印象吗 |
[01:27] | Yeah, well, you’re an engineer. | 你自己还是个工程师呢 |
[01:30] | End of joke, burn. | 这就是笑话 呛死你 |
[01:34] | Come on in, fellas. | 各位请进 |
[01:36] | See, he’s not wearing a tie. | 你看 他也没系领带 |
[01:37] | Well, he’s a patent attorney. | 他是个专利律师 |
[01:38] | Maybe his tie is pending. | 可能他的领带也还在等待审核中 |
[01:42] | So, I’ve reviewed your paperwork, | 我看了你们的文件 |
[01:44] | and it seems like we’ve got everything we need to file a patent | 看起来我们申请专利需要的文件都齐全了 |
[01:47] | for your infinite persistence gyroscope. | 就是你们的无限持续陀螺仪 |
[01:49] | – That’s great! – Excellent. | -太好了 -太棒了 |
[01:50] | So what happens next? | 下一步是什么 |
[01:52] | Well, the legal team needs to review | 我们的法律团队会检查 |
[01:53] | existing patents to avoid overlap. | 来避免与已注册专利重复 |
[01:55] | Oh, I don’t think there will be. | 我觉得不会有 |
[01:57] | Yes, we did our own search. | 因为我们自己研究搜过了 |
[01:58] | That’s nice, but I think ours might be a bit more thorough. | 挺好 但我觉得我们团队做得会更仔细 |
[02:02] | Get a load of this guy. | 这家伙好傻好天真 |
[02:05] | Can you imagine if we make money with this? | 能想象我们用这玩意大赚一票吗 |
[02:08] | If we do, I am splurging | 真的发财了 我就要挥霍 |
[02:09] | on the best sinus irrigator money can buy. | 去买市面上最贵的鼻腔冲洗器 |
[02:13] | That old sad story– | 悲催的老故事 |
[02:14] | guy gets a little money, goes straight up his nose. | 某些人赚到点小钱 就都花鼻子里去了[吸粉] |
[02:18] | Just need you to review and sign this document | 只需要你们看看 然后签这份同意书 |
[02:21] | acknowledging that you understand the university | 表示你们知道这项专利的所有权 |
[02:24] | will own 75% of the patent. | 有75%归学校所有 |
[02:27] | 75%? | 75%吗 |
[02:30] | That’s outrageous. | 这也太扯了 |
[02:31] | This is our idea based on our research. | 这个点子是基于我们自己的研究 |
[02:34] | How can you possibly justify owning a majority share? | 你们哪来的理占绝大半的股份啊 |
[02:37] | It’s university policy. | 大学政策就是这样 |
[02:39] | I know when I’m beat. | 我输了 我服 |
[02:41] | Hold on, hold on. So the three of us | 等等 等等 所以我们三个 |
[02:43] | do all the work and only end up with 25%? | 干了所有的活儿 却只能分到25%吗 |
[02:47] | Dr. Hofstadter, this university | 霍夫斯塔德博士 本大学 |
[02:48] | has been paying your salaries for over ten years. | 付了你超过10年的薪水了 |
[02:51] | Did you think we do that out of the goodness of our hearts? | 你觉得我们这么做是因为善心大发吗 |
[02:54] | Well, until you just said that mean thing, kinda. | 你说出这狠话之前 是有点这么以为 |
[02:58] | And as far as Mr. Wolowitz is concerned, | 至于沃罗威茨先生 |
[03:01] | I’m afraid as a federal employee on loan from NASA, | 你作为一个从太空总署出借的联邦雇员 |
[03:04] | your name can be on the patent, | 你的名字是可以出现在专利上 |
[03:05] | but you’re not entitled to an ownership share. | 但你无资格拿所有权股份 |
[03:09] | Wait, so this can turn out to be a financial success, | 所以 这个可能大赚特赚的东西 |
[03:13] | and I get nothing? | 我屁都捞不着吗 |
[03:14] | Well, sometimes they give you a plaque. | 有时候会给你颁发奖牌啊 |
[03:17] | Well, that’s not fair. | 这太不公平了 |
[03:19] | We should all get plaques. | 起码我们仨一人一个奖牌吧 |
[03:24] | Sorry, but we can’t sign this. | 抱歉 我们不能签这同意书 |
[03:26] | Come on, let’s go. | 走吧 我们走 |
[03:27] | Thank you for your time. | 打扰了 |
[03:32] | Couple of questions about the plaque… | 对奖牌我几个问题… |
[04:02] | So, have you been having any morning sickness? | 你现在会有孕吐吗 |
[04:05] | A little. | 稍微有点 |
[04:06] | And it doesn’t help that I’ve got this heightened sense of smell. | 而我的嗅觉提高也真够给我添乱 |
[04:08] | Is that a pregnancy thing? | 这是因为怀孕变这样的吗 |
[04:10] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:10] | The other day I sniffed out | 之前我就闻出了 |
[04:12] | where Howie hid the Girl Scout cookies. | 华仔把慈善女童军饼干藏哪儿了 |
[04:16] | No more Tagalongs, my ass. | 再也不吃巧克力夹心个屁 |
[04:20] | But now you’ll be able to make | 但至少你现在 |
[04:21] | your own milk to eat the cookies with. | 可以自己做出配饼干喝的奶啦 |
[04:26] | Hey, guys. Hey, Penny. | 各位好 佩妮 |
[04:27] | I really appreciate you helping me with this. | 我真的很谢谢你愿意帮我这个忙 |
[04:30] | I don’t know what to do. | 我真不知该怎么办了 |
[04:31] | Oh, sure. Let me see it. | 没事 让我看看 |
[04:32] | See what? | 看什么 |
[04:33] | I hadn’t spoken to Emily since I broke up with her, | 自从跟艾米丽分手后 我就没跟她联系过 |
[04:35] | and she left this on my doorstep with a note. | 她在我家门口留下这个与字条 |
[04:38] | “Raj, I got you this before we split up, but couldn’t return it | “拉杰 我在分手前给你买的 不能退货了 |
[04:40] | And thought you’d like to have it. | 我觉得你会想要它 |
[04:42] | Happy belated Valentine’s Day, Emily.” | 迟来的情人节快乐 艾米丽” |
[04:44] | That’s nice. | 真好 |
[04:46] | Nice, or is she trying to manipulate him? | 是好 还是想左右他的思想 |
[04:48] | I know. I mean, do I open it? Do I return it? | 对啊 我是该拆开呢 还是还她呢 |
[04:50] | Why wouldn’t you open it? | 你干嘛不拆开 |
[04:51] | Well, she was pretty mad. | 她当时挺生气的 |
[04:53] | For all I know it’s a voodoo doll of me | 很有可能是一个代表我的巫毒娃娃 |
[04:54] | with a fork stuck in my junk. | 然后小鸡鸡被叉子插住 |
[04:58] | You don’t think she’d actually send you something | 你不会真觉得她会送给你 |
[05:00] | gross or dangerous, do you? | 恶心或危险的东西吧 |
[05:02] | I know one way to find out– sniff this. | 有个办法可以知道 闻吧 |
[05:07] | She’s pregnant, she’s not a bloodhound. | 她只是怀孕 不是侦探猎犬 |
[05:10] | Although I am getting a little machine oil. | 我闻到了一点机油味 |
[05:12] | I think it’s metal. | 我猜是金属类 |
[05:14] | Come on, just open it. | 来吧 拆开它 |
[05:16] | You know, on Game of Thrones, | 在《权力的游戏》里 |
[05:18] | Balon Greyjoy received his son’s genitals in a box. | 巴隆·葛雷乔伊就收到装盒子里的他儿子的鸡鸡 |
[05:22] | Well, never hurts to have a spare. | 多一根 有备无患 |
[05:27] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[05:29] | It’s an antique sextant. | 这是个古董六分仪 |
[05:32] | Sailors used these to find their position by the stars. | 水手使用这个配合星星来确认自身方位 |
[05:35] | What a nice gift for an astrophysicist. | 真是个送天体物理学家的好礼物 |
[05:37] | I know, she’s so thoughtful. | 对啊 她真有心思 |
[05:39] | See, she’s trying to get you back. | 你看 她是想拐你回去 |
[05:40] | Now, that is exactly what I would’ve gotten you | 要是我 我也会买这个送你 |
[05:42] | if I had any idea what it is or what you do. | 前提是我知道这是什么 还有你职业 |
[05:46] | You know, I have too much self-esteem to let this girl | 小爷我的自尊不容许这姑娘 |
[05:50] | guilt me into getting back together with her. | 用让我心怀愧疚的方式跟她复合 |
[05:52] | You don’t need to be pregnant to smell that load of crap. | 不用怀孕 我的嗅觉都闻得出这屁话的味儿 |
[05:59] | Well, what if we go around the university | 如果我们绕开大学 |
[06:02] | and just get the patent ourselves? | 自己申请专利呢 |
[06:04] | We can’t. It says on their Web site, | 不行 大学网站上有明文规定 |
[06:05] | as long as we work there, they have a controlling ownership | 只要我们在这里工作 我们想出的所有点子 |
[06:07] | of anything we come up with. | 他们都有控股权 |
[06:09] | Great, so they own my idea for a T-shirt | 这下好了 我T恤的点子也归他们了 |
[06:12] | that says “Dumb as a Bag of Geologists.” | 那件印着”蠢如一麻袋地质学家”的T恤 |
[06:18] | Well, our choices are we do this with the university | 我们要么跟学校合作申请专利 |
[06:20] | or we don’t do it at all. | 要么就彻底放弃 |
[06:22] | Either way, I get nothing. | 反正不管怎样 我啥都捞不着 |
[06:24] | Or, if we ended up making money from this, | 又或者如果我们最后靠这个赚钱了 |
[06:27] | Sheldon and I could split our shares with you. | 我和谢尔顿可以把我们的份额分给你 |
[06:30] | To be clear, | 先说清楚 |
[06:31] | Leonard is referring to the gyroscope, | 莱纳德说的是陀螺仪 |
[06:33] | not the T-shirt and mugs. | 不是T恤和马克杯 |
[06:35] | Oh! Now they own the mugs. | 靠 马克杯也归他们了 |
[06:40] | I guess that is a way around this. | 这也不失为一种解决办法 |
[06:42] | You guys would be cool doing it like that? | 你们俩愿意这么做吗 |
[06:44] | Of course, we can split any profits three ways. | 当然 任何利益我们都可以分成三份 |
[06:46] | I’m fine with that. | 我无所谓 |
[06:47] | Okay, great. | 好的 太棒了 |
[06:49] | It sounds like a, uh, contract might be in order. | 听起来…此处该有合同要签 |
[06:55] | Sure, we could write something up. | 当然 我们可以写份合同 |
[06:57] | But which one of us should be the party who… | 但写合同这种活该谁来干呢 |
[06:59] | You can do it, Sheldon. | 你来吧 谢尔顿 |
[07:00] | So stipulated! | 就这么愉快地决定了 |
[07:05] | Once I found a stash of contracts under his bed. | 有一我在他床底发现他藏的一叠合同[黄书] |
[07:08] | It was weird. | 真是太诡异了 |
[07:13] | I wonder how much she spent on this. | 真好奇这玩意花了她多少钱 |
[07:15] | Ooh, let’s find out. | 那我们来查查 |
[07:17] | It doesn’t matter. | 钱不重要 |
[07:19] | It’s the thought that counts. | 重要的是心意 |
[07:20] | Yeah, yeah, and beauty’s on the inside, | 是是是 重要的是内在美 |
[07:21] | size doesn’t matter– how much she spend? | 胖瘦不重要 她花了多少钱 |
[07:25] | Seriously, guys, I don’t want to know. | 真的啦 我不想知道 |
[07:27] | Oh, my. | 老天 |
[07:28] | Oh, come on, you can’t say “Oh, my,” and then not tell me! | 拜托 你不能感叹完不告诉我啊 |
[07:32] | These things go for $500 and up. | 这玩意至少值500块 |
[07:35] | Damn. | 靠 |
[07:36] | All I got for Valentine’s Day was a postcard | 我收到的情人节礼物只是一张明信片 |
[07:38] | saying my Vermont Teddy Bear was back-ordered. | 上面写着我的泰迪熊会延迟发货 |
[07:41] | Okay, so, she drops off a $500 gift | 好吧 所以她留下一份500块的礼物 |
[07:43] | and she’s not trying to get back together with you? | 会有可能不是想要跟你复合吗 |
[07:45] | Maybe you’re right. | 或许你说得对 |
[07:47] | Or she’s telling the truth and just being nice. | 又或者艾米丽说的是事实 只是出于好心 |
[07:49] | Maybe you’re right. | 或许你说得对 |
[07:50] | Wow, I am easy to manipulate. | 哇 我真的很容易被人左右 |
[07:56] | Oh, guys, it’s Emily. | 姑娘们 是艾米丽 |
[07:58] | What should I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[07:58] | Okay, answer it. Just be strong. | 接吧 立场要坚定 |
[08:00] | And if she starts to cry, don’t make any promises. | 如果她开始哭 千万别答应任何事 |
[08:02] | And most importantly, put it on speaker so we can hear. | 最重要的是 开免提让我们都能听见 |
[08:08] | Hello? | 喂 |
[08:09] | Hey, it’s Emily. | 我是艾米丽 |
[08:10] | Is this a good time? | 现在方便说话吗 |
[08:14] | Yeah, yeah. Sure. What’s up? | 方便 有什么事吗 |
[08:16] | Was it okay I left that gift? | 我留那个礼物你不介意吧 |
[08:18] | I’m really hoping we can be friends. | 我真的很希望我们能做朋友 |
[08:24] | Maybe, maybe. | 或许吧 |
[08:26] | Um, you think you’d want to grab a cup of coffee? | 你想一起喝杯咖啡吗 |
[08:41] | Hello? | 还在听吗 |
[08:42] | I’m sorry, I seem to be taking an annoying amount of time | 不好意思 我貌似得用超烦人超久的时间 |
[08:46] | deciding how I feel about this! | 来决定我对此事作何感想 |
[08:49] | I just… I miss hanging out with you. | 我只是…怀念跟你在一起的时光 |
[08:53] | It’s not like I lost a friend, | 感觉我失去的不是一位朋友 |
[08:54] | it’s like I lost my best friend. | 我失去的是我的挚友 |
[08:57] | Is there any chance you’d want to come over? | 有没有可能你来我家一趟 |
[09:04] | I’m sorry, I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 抱歉 我觉得这不是一个好主意 |
[09:07] | Okay. I’m just… | 好吧 我只是… |
[09:09] | I’m having a really hard time, | 我现在真的很难过 |
[09:11] | but that’s not your problem, that’s mine. | 但那不关你事 是我自己的问题 |
[09:14] | I-I won’t bother you again, | 我不会再来烦你了 |
[09:15] | but please know that you’ll always have a place in my heart. | 但请记住 我心里永远有一个位置属于你 |
[09:25] | Bye, Raj. | 再见 拉杰 |
[09:26] | You’re a good guy. | 你是一个好男人 |
[09:28] | Good-bye, Emily. | 再见 艾米丽 |
[09:33] | That was rough, you guys. | 真是太艰难了 姑娘们 |
[09:34] | I know, but you did it. I’m so proud of you. | 我知道 但你做到了 我为你感到骄傲 |
[09:36] | Well, anyway, I’ll leave you to your girls’ night. | 那我先走了 不打扰你们闺蜜之夜 |
[09:39] | Are you sure you don’t want to stay here with us? | 你确定不留下来跟我们待在一起吗 |
[09:41] | No, I kind of feel like being alone right now. | 不了 我现在想自己安静会儿 |
[09:43] | Well, if you change your mind, we’ll be here. | 如果你改变主意 我们会陪着你 |
[09:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:47] | Say hi to Emily for us. | 帮我们向艾米丽问好 |
[09:48] | Will do. | 没问题 |
[09:57] | This contract looks good to me. | 这份合同我看行 |
[09:58] | I’ll say it looks good. | 当然看起来行啦 |
[10:00] | It’s in my proprietary font, Shelvetica. | 用的可是我的专属字体 谢尔维提卡体 |
[10:06] | I want to say something obnoxious, | 我想说一些讨厌的话 |
[10:08] | but it is easy on the eyes. | 但读起来的确挺舒服 |
[10:12] | I’m a little tired, Howie. You ready to go? | 我有点累了 华仔 可以走了吗 |
[10:13] | Yeah, one sec. I just need to sign this contract. | 等一下 我得先把合同签了 |
[10:16] | What is it? | 什么合同 |
[10:17] | Well, we ran into a problem about my share of the patent, | 我的专利股份遇到了问题 |
[10:19] | so we’re forming a partnership | 所以我们要建立合伙关系 |
[10:21] | to split anything we make equally. | 平分我们获得的任何利益 |
[10:23] | Sheldon, did you draft the contract? | 谢尔顿 合同是你起草的吗 |
[10:24] | You bet I did. | 当然是我啊 |
[10:26] | You’re gonna make out so hard tonight. | 你今晚一定能狠狠”爱”一发 |
[10:33] | So, you’re just gonna sign this | 所以 你们打算不请律师过目一下 |
[10:34] | without having a lawyer look at it? | 就直接签署文件了吗 |
[10:36] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[10:37] | I’ve been drafting contracts since kindergarten. | 在下从幼儿园起就开始起草合同了 |
[10:40] | Didn’t need a lawyer to get me out of finger painting. | 当年我拿手指乱涂乱画时不需要律师 |
[10:42] | Don’t need one now. | 现在也就更不需要了 |
[10:44] | I know, but… | 我知道 可是… |
[10:45] | Bernie, the guys were nice enough to find a way | 妮妮 他们俩是好心想办法 |
[10:47] | to keep me from being cut out. | 让我也能分一杯羹 |
[10:49] | Well, I should hope so. | 我也这么希望 |
[10:51] | The whole thing was your idea. | 毕竟这一切都是你的点子 |
[10:53] | Well, to be fair, Howard’s idea was based on Sheldon’s math. | 公平来说 霍华德的点子是基于谢尔顿的计算 |
[10:57] | Guys, everyone is involved in this, okay? | 各位 每个人对此都有贡献 好吗 |
[11:00] | Howard’s invention, | 霍华德的发明 |
[11:01] | Sheldon’s math, my original theory | 谢尔顿的计算 我原创的 |
[11:03] | that space-time was like a supercooled liquid. | 将时空视为某种过冷液体的理论 |
[11:06] | Which I’m sure Penny would’ve mentioned | 我相信佩妮如果此刻不是忙着啃倒刺 |
[11:07] | if she wasn’t working on that hangnail right now. | 她一定会指出这一点的 |
[11:12] | What? | 啥 |
[11:15] | Honey, this is fine. | 亲爱的 没关系 |
[11:17] | If you want to sign a contract that Sheldon whipped up, | 如果你真的想签署由谢尔顿发起的合同 |
[11:19] | go ahead. | 那你就签吧 |
[11:20] | Can I talk to you in the hall? | 我能和你在外面谈一下吗 |
[11:22] | – Sure. – Excuse us. | -好的 -不好意思 |
[11:26] | Hey, Leonard. | 我说 莱纳德 |
[11:27] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:29] | If she doesn’t think that we should apply for this patent, | 如果她不认为我们应该申请这个专利 |
[11:31] | she’s being patently absurd. | 那她脑子绝对被”专”拍过 |
[11:36] | Good one. | 冷笑话不错 |
[11:39] | Okay, you got it. | 太好了 你听懂了 |
[11:40] | See, I was afraid it was a thinker. | 我还怕这个笑话太烧脑了呢 |
[11:44] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[11:46] | I just want to make sure you’ve thought this through. | 我只是想确定你考虑清楚了 |
[11:48] | What’s to think about? We have an invention | 还有什么需要考虑的 我们有了一个发明 |
[11:50] | and want to move forward. | 现在想要推动它 |
[11:51] | Howie, you’re about to form a legal partnership | 华仔 你这是要和谢尔顿·库珀 |
[11:54] | with Sheldon Cooper. | 建立法律上的合伙关系呀 |
[11:58] | All right, if you’re gonna calmly make excellent points, | 如果你是想要冷静地提出无懈可击的观点 |
[12:01] | then I don’t know if I want to talk to you. | 那我就不想和你继续谈了 |
[12:06] | Okay. I get it. | 好啦 我明白你的意思 |
[12:08] | And it’s sweet that you’re worried about me, | 虽然你如此担心我 十分贴心 |
[12:10] | but I can take care of myself. | 但我可以照顾我自己 |
[12:12] | I’m not worried about you. I’m worried about me. | 我不是担心你 我是担心我自己 |
[12:15] | I don’t want to go through this pregnancy listening | 我不想在整个孕期 |
[12:17] | to you complain about Sheldon driving you crazy | 都沉浸在你更加倍喋喋不休地抱怨 |
[12:19] | more than you already do. | 谢耳朵是如何逼疯你的 |
[12:21] | Here we go with the ironclad logic again. | 看吧看吧 你又搬出滴水不漏的逻辑来了 |
[12:26] | You’ve tried to work with him before. | 你之前曾试着和他一起工作过 |
[12:28] | It hasn’t gone well. | 结果可是一塌糊涂 |
[12:30] | Why is this time gonna be any different? | 凭什么这一次就会不一样呢 |
[12:33] | Is the fetus helping you? | 难道是我儿的智商在帮助你吗 |
[12:34] | ‘Cause that’s cheating. | 如果是的话 这可算是作弊啊 |
[12:41] | Hello? | 你好 |
[12:42] | Hey, Raj. | 你好啊 拉杰 |
[12:43] | It’s Claire. How are you? | 我是克莱尔 你最近如何 |
[12:44] | Hi. I’m good. Really good. | 我很好 真的很好 |
[12:47] | Well, I don’t know why I said “Really good.” | 我不知道自己为什么要说真的很好 |
[12:48] | I’m just regular good. | 我也就是一般的好吧 |
[12:50] | I really just wanted to sound confident. | 我真的只是想听起来更有自信一些 |
[12:51] | And that “really” was a real “really,” | 这个”真的”是真的”真的” |
[12:53] | not a fake “really” like the first “really.” | 不像第一个”真的”只是假装”真的” |
[12:56] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:57] | I don’t know. I lost track and I missed my exit. | 我不知道 我已经晕了 还错过了公路口 |
[13:00] | So, uh… so what’s up? | 所以…你还好吗 |
[13:03] | Well, last time we talked, | 上一次我们打电话时 |
[13:04] | I had just gotten back together with my boyfriend, | 我刚刚和我男友复合了 |
[13:07] | and I wanted to let you know that things didn’t work out. | 我想让你知道 我俩又吹了 |
[13:09] | Really? I’m sorry. | 真的吗 我很抱歉 |
[13:11] | I swear I know other words. | 我发誓 我的词汇量远远不止这个 |
[13:13] | So if you were still interested… | 所以如果你还有兴趣的话… |
[13:15] | Yes! Indeed! Absolutely! Indubitably! | 有 绝对有 肯定有 毫无疑有 |
[13:18] | I’m not even sure what the last one means, | 我不确定最后一个词的意思 |
[13:20] | but it’s another word, and I know it. | 但这至少是其他我会的词汇 |
[13:22] | So, uh, when do you want to meet up? | 那你什么时候想见见面呢 |
[13:25] | Uh, I’m almost off work. | 我马上就要下班了 |
[13:26] | What are you doing now? | 你现在在干什么 |
[13:28] | R-Right now, well… | 现在吗 |
[13:30] | Well, actually, to-to be completely honest, | 其实 老实说 |
[13:32] | I’m stopping by to see my ex-girlfriend | 我准备去看望我的前女友 |
[13:34] | because she’s having a tough time. But… | 因为她现在很难过 可是 |
[13:35] | it’s not like we’re getting back together or anything. | 这并不代表我俩会复合什么的 |
[13:38] | Let me guess, the worst part about breaking up | 让我猜猜 分手最难熬的地方 |
[13:40] | is that she doesn’t have her best friend to talk to anymore? | 是她失去了挚友 从此无人可倾诉 |
[13:43] | That’s exactly what she said! | 她的原话就是这个 |
[13:45] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[13:46] | I’m a girl. | 我也是女人 |
[13:47] | It’s, like, page one out of the playbook. | 这条算是撩汉手册的第一页内容了吧 |
[13:50] | Any chance you could send me a PDF of that playbook? | 你能把这撩汉手册的电子版发给我吗 |
[13:55] | They’ve been out there a while. | 他们出去好一阵了 |
[13:57] | I hope everything’s okay. | 希望一切都正常 |
[13:58] | I wonder what they’re talking about. | 我在想他们到底在谈什么 |
[14:00] | If you guys would shut up, I could tell you. | 如果你们闭嘴的话 我还可以告诉你们 |
[14:04] | Be cool, be cool, be cool. | 装成啥都没发生的样子 |
[14:09] | Hey. You guys all right? | 你们没事吧 |
[14:10] | Yeah. But, um, we were talking, | 没事 不过 我们谈了一下 |
[14:14] | and… I’m a little concerned | 我开始有点担心 |
[14:16] | about the three of us forming a partnership. | 咱们仨建立合作关系的事了 |
[14:20] | Are you suggesting a limited liability corporation? | 你是建议我们成立有限责任公司吗 |
[14:24] | ‘Cause I did not L-L-see that coming. | 因为我可没”有””任”识到这一点呢 |
[14:30] | Sheldon, my concern is not with the money or anything. | 谢尔顿 我担心的不是钱或者其他事 |
[14:33] | It’s-it’s with how you treat me. | 而是…你对我的态度 |
[14:36] | Well, I believe I’m treating you generously. | 我对你挺大方的 |
[14:39] | That’s why I’ve stipulated in the contract | 所以我才在合同里规定 |
[14:41] | that your contributions to our invention | 你对我们的发明所作的贡献 |
[14:43] | are as valuable as my own. | 与我同样重要 |
[14:45] | Are you saying that his contributions aren’t as valuable as yours? | 你是在说他的贡献不如你的重要吗 |
[14:48] | No, I am not saying that, | 没有 我没有说 |
[14:51] | because I kept saying that this morning | 因为我说了一早上 |
[14:53] | and Leonard said, “Stop saying that.” | 然后莱纳德告诉我”别再说了” |
[14:57] | See? This is what happens every time we work together. | 你看 我们每次合作都会变成这样 |
[15:00] | You know what, hang on. | 等一下 |
[15:01] | What if Sheldon had no choice | 如果让谢尔顿别无选择 |
[15:02] | but to be respectful? | 只能放尊重呢 |
[15:04] | Is there a switch on the back of his neck | 他脖子后面有什么开关 |
[15:07] | we don’t know about? | 是我们还没发现的吗 |
[15:09] | No. | 不是 |
[15:10] | What I’m saying is you could add a clause to the contract | 我是说 可以在合同中加一项条款 |
[15:12] | that he can’t make fun of Howard. | 规定他不允许取笑霍华德 |
[15:13] | How would you enforce it? | 怎么可能实行 |
[15:15] | Oh, please. Any contract I sign | 拜托 所有我签署的合同 |
[15:17] | is enforced by my own personal code of ethics. | 都由我的道德准则强制执行 |
[15:20] | And his obsessive-compulsive disorder. | 以及他的强迫症 |
[15:21] | Yeah, that, too. | 对 这个也是 |
[15:24] | And scoot over. | 挪过去点 |
[15:25] | Part of your shadow’s on my spot. | 你的部分影子坐进我的位置了 |
[15:30] | Howard, what do you think? | 霍华德 你觉得如何 |
[15:33] | I’m on board. | 我同意 |
[15:34] | I’ll add it right now. | 我立马加上 |
[15:36] | Oh, baby, it’s addendum time! | 宝贝 补遗时间到 |
[15:44] | Hello? | 你好 |
[15:45] | Hey, Emily, listen, | 艾米丽 听着 |
[15:47] | I’ve been thinking, and I’m not sure | 我不是很确定 |
[15:49] | it’s a good idea that I come over. | 我去你家 会不会不太好 |
[15:53] | Okay. I understand. | 好的 我理解 |
[15:55] | No, no. Please don’t cry. | 别 拜托别哭 |
[15:57] | Okay, I’ll stop! | 好的 我不哭 |
[16:00] | Hello? | 你好 |
[16:01] | Hey, so, listen, Claire, change of plans… | 听着 克莱尔 计划有变 |
[16:06] | Fine. Do what you want, but she’s playing you. | 行 你想怎样都好 但是她是在拐你 |
[16:09] | I don’t think so. She sounded pretty upset. | 我觉得不是 她语气挺难过的 |
[16:12] | You mean like… | 你是说就像… |
[16:13] | “I was just really looking forward to seeing you. | “我真的只想见见你而已 |
[16:15] | I’m having such a rough day.” | 今天真是太难过了” |
[16:18] | Emily, listen… | 艾米丽 听着 |
[16:22] | I’m sorry, | 抱歉 |
[16:24] | but I can’t come by. | 但我不能过去 |
[16:26] | Why not? | 为什么不能 |
[16:27] | I think we both know if I come over, | 我们心里清楚 如果我过去了 |
[16:29] | we’re gonna get back together and… | 我们就会复合 然后… |
[16:31] | I told you I needed a friend. | 我说了 我只是需要个朋友 |
[16:33] | What do you think is happening here? | 不然你觉得是怎么回事 |
[16:36] | Call you right back. | 稍候打给你 |
[16:42] | The-the revisions I made start on page four. | 我修正的部分从第四页开始 |
[16:46] | Wow. That is a lot of “whereupons.” | 好多个”于是乎” |
[16:49] | You should see the Valentine’s Day card he gave me. | 你还没看到他给我写的情人节卡 |
[16:53] | “Article three: As it pertains to this project, | “条款三 适用于本项目中 |
[16:56] | Dr. Sheldon Cooper promises to abstain from all insulting or | 谢尔顿·库珀博士承诺放弃 |
[16:59] | Disrespectful language | 所有对霍华德·沃罗威茨使用 |
[17:00] | directed toward Howard Wolowitz, | 侮辱性以及轻视性语言权利 |
[17:02] | Including but not limited to: mockery of engineering, | 包括但不限于以下 嘲笑工程学 |
[17:05] | His height, his hair, his wardrobe, | 他的身高 发型 衣着 |
[17:07] | And his insane belief that the Ghost Rider movie | 以及他对电影《恶灵骑士》荒唐的信念 |
[17:10] | was, quote, ‘not that bad.'” | 他居然说这电影”没那么糟” |
[17:15] | Hang on. Maybe there should be | 等下 也许可以加一条 |
[17:16] | a “No insult” clause about me, too. | 对我的”无侮辱”条款进去 |
[17:19] | Do you still like cilantro? | 你还喜欢香菜吗 |
[17:20] | Yeah. | 喜欢 |
[17:21] | You’re tying my hands here. | 你这是要逼死我啊 |
[17:25] | All right, let’s sign this. | 好了 我们赶紧签吧 |
[17:26] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 |
[17:27] | What are these changes on page six? | 第六页的修改是什么 |
[17:29] | Sheldon, what did you do? | 谢尔顿 你干了什么 |
[17:30] | I should’ve known. | 我就知道 |
[17:31] | “25% of profits | “谢尔顿·库珀收益中的25% |
[17:33] | “Due to Sheldon Cooper will be allocated to a scholarship fund | 将分配入霍华德·沃罗威茨与 |
[17:36] | for the firstborn child of Howard and Bernadette Wolowitz.” | 伯纳黛特·沃罗威茨夫妇长子/女的奖学基金” |
[17:41] | Sheldon, that’s so nice. | 谢尔顿 你太好了 |
[17:44] | That beats the onesie I was gonna get them from baby Gap. | 完胜我在盖普童装给他们买的婴儿连体衣 |
[17:49] | That’s very generous, Sheldon. | 太慷慨了 谢尔顿 |
[17:51] | Oh, I’ve always valued education over money. | 我一直认为教育重于金钱 |
[17:54] | And the very fact that you needed a written guarantee of respect | 而且你需要我作出书面保证尊重你这件事 |
[17:57] | made me realize how dismissive | 让我意识到一直以来 |
[17:59] | I’ve been of your contributions. | 我对你的贡献有多不重视 |
[18:02] | I appreciate that. | 我领情了 |
[18:03] | And I just hope | 而且我只是希望 |
[18:04] | that this scholarship can rescue your child | 这份奖学金可以拯救你的孩子 |
[18:07] | from the subpar education | 免遭工程师的次等教育 |
[18:09] | and menial life of an engineer. | 与卑贱生活的悲惨命运 |
[18:14] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[18:15] | What? | 干嘛啦 |
[18:16] | I didn’t sign it yet. | 人家不是还没签呢嘛 |
[18:25] | I hear what you’re saying, | 我理解你的意思 |
[18:26] | but I’ve known Emily a long time, | 但我认识艾米丽很久了 |
[18:28] | and I think she deserves the benefit of the doubt. | 我愿意相信她 |
[18:31] | All right, it’s your life. | 好吧 这是你的生活 |
[18:32] | But you know how this is gonna end. | 不过你清楚结局会是如何 |
[18:34] | As a matter of fact, I do. | 事实上我知道 |
[18:36] | I’m gonna comfort her, | 我要去安慰她 |
[18:37] | because I’m a caring and decent friend | 因为我是一位有同情心又正派的朋友 |
[18:39] | who’s happy to be there | 在她需要人话疗时 |
[18:40] | when she needs someone to talk to. | 乐于陪在她身边 |
[18:43] | Good talk. | “聊”效不错 |