时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Have you guys seen this feature | 你们知道有个新功能 |
[00:04] | that lets you talk to Siri without pressing any buttons? | 可以跟Siri对话不用按按钮吗 |
[00:07] | No. How does it work? | 不知道 怎么操作 |
[00:08] | You just say, uh, “Hey, Siri, what time is it?” | 你就说 “Siri 现在几点” |
[00:12] | The time is 6:37 P.M. | 现在是下午6点37 |
[00:15] | So now anyone can control your phone? | 所以现在谁都可以控制你的手机吗 |
[00:17] | Hey, Siri, show me pictures of naked grandma butts. | Siri 找老奶奶的光屁屁图给我看 |
[00:21] | Nice try. | 想得美 |
[00:22] | It only recognizes my voice. | 它只会听从我的声音指示 |
[00:24] | Oh. Cool. | 厉害 |
[00:25] | Hey, Siri, show me pictures of naked grandma butts. | Siri 早老莱莱的框屁屁图给窝砍 |
[00:30] | I don’t sound like that. | 我的声音才不是那样 |
[00:32] | Here are some images of naked grandma butts. | 这些是老奶奶的光屁屁图 |
[00:36] | Hey. Good news, everybody. | 好消息 各位 |
[00:38] | Now that I’m no longer with Amy, | 鉴于我跟艾米已经分手了 |
[00:40] | I have an extra ticket to the annual Thanksgiving lunch buffet | 我有多一张水族馆餐厅的 |
[00:43] | at the aquarium cafeteria. Who wants it? | 年度感恩节自助午餐票 谁想要啊 |
[00:48] | Well, you realize you won’t be going alone– | 你们知道不是自己去吧 |
[00:50] | I’ll be there the whole time. | 我会全程陪伴 |
[00:53] | Providing fish and pilgrim facts. | 并提供各种鱼类与移民的小知识哦 |
[00:58] | Can you people hear me? | 你们听得到我说话吗 |
[01:00] | Well, we’re having everyone over. | 我们邀请了大家来聚餐 |
[01:02] | Yeah, Leonard and I are gonna be cooking all day. | 所以我跟莱纳德那天都得在家做饭 |
[01:04] | Otherwise we’d love to. | 不然我们肯定超想去 |
[01:05] | But we can’t. | 可实在没办法 |
[01:06] | Yeah, poor us. | 我们运气太不好了 |
[01:11] | And Raj and I are volunteering at the soup kitchen, | 我跟拉杰要去粥棚当自愿者 |
[01:13] | feeding food to the homeless. | 给无家可归的人发食物 |
[01:15] | Well, Howard, what about you? | 霍华德 那你呢 |
[01:18] | Oh…I can’t. | 我去不了 |
[01:19] | I’m going to the soup kitchen, too. | 我也要跟去粥棚当自愿者 |
[01:23] | You said that sounded like the worst thing ever. | 你明明说这是史上最烂的活动 |
[01:27] | If you can’t support me when I’m lying, | 如果我撒谎时你不挺我 |
[01:28] | why are we married? | 那我们结婚干嘛 |
[02:00] | Hi, Sheldon. What’s up? | 谢尔顿 有什么事吗 |
[02:02] | Well, I’m calling because Thanksgiving is coming up, | 我打来是因为感恩节马上要到了 |
[02:05] | and I wanted to offer you the aquarium tickets. | 我想送你水族馆的票 |
[02:08] | No one can go with you? | 没人可以陪你去吗 |
[02:10] | No. They’d rather spend the holiday with each other | 没有 他们宁愿聚在一起过节 |
[02:12] | than find out if this is the year I finally touch a starfish. | 也不想知道今年我会不会终于敢摸海星 |
[02:17] | Anyway, I wouldn’t want the tickets to go to waste, | 我不想票就这么浪费了 |
[02:20] | so take whomever you’d like. | 所以你想带谁去就带谁去吧 |
[02:23] | Okay. Thank you. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[02:25] | And feel free to tell your guest that | 我不介意你跟你的伴说 |
[02:27] | the Myanmar catfish is also known as the pilgrim fish. | 缅甸鲶鱼又称移民鱼这个小知识 |
[02:31] | In case the turkey’s dry | 以防到时火鸡肉太干 |
[02:33] | and you need something juicy. | 而你需要多汁有料的知识救场 |
[02:36] | Sheldon… I can tell you want to go, | 谢尔顿 我看得出来你很想去 |
[02:38] | so if you’d be comfortable with it, | 所以如果你不介意的话 |
[02:41] | maybe we could go as friends. | 我们能以朋友身份一起去啊 |
[02:44] | You don’t think that will be awkward? | 你不会觉得这很尴尬吗 |
[02:46] | Well… it is Thanksgiving in an aquarium cafeteria, | 感恩节在水族馆饭堂里吃饭 |
[02:49] | so I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say yes. | 我猜应该是会挺尴尬吧 |
[02:52] | But if you mean between us… | 但如果你是说我俩之间 |
[02:55] | I think it’ll be fine. | 我不觉得会尴尬 |
[02:58] | Very well, then. | 那行 |
[02:59] | I’ll see you on Thanksgiving morning. | 感恩节早上见吧 |
[03:01] | See you then. | 到时见 |
[03:02] | Oh, and forget what I said about the Myanmar catfish. | 先忘了我刚说的缅甸鲶鱼小知识吧 |
[03:05] | My list of marine-themed pilgrim facts is pretty short. | 我的海洋主题移民小知识列表还挺短的 |
[03:09] | Did you know they served shellfish and eel | 你知道史上第一次过感恩节的时候 |
[03:11] | at the very first Thanksgiving? | 上桌的菜还有贝类跟鳗鱼吗 |
[03:12] | And there goes my list. | 小知识列表到此完毕了 |
[03:18] | So, how does this work? | 所以这是怎么个运作方式 |
[03:20] | The soup kitchen manager assigns the jobs, | 粥棚经理会给我们分配工作 |
[03:22] | and the shifts are six hours. | 一个班次是六小时 |
[03:24] | Six hours? | 要六小时啊 |
[03:25] | Oh, God, I don’t want to complain for that long. | 天啊 人家不想哇哇叫这么长时间啊 |
[03:29] | Do you ever do anything for anyone else? | 你这辈子有为别人付出过吗 |
[03:32] | I happen to be a giving and generous lover. | 小爷恰好是一位乐于”奉献”的爱人 |
[03:38] | Are you and I close enough for me to say that’s creepy? | 我跟你的关系好到可以说他很变态了吗 |
[03:41] | We are, and I believe the word you’re looking for is… yech! | 可以 而且我觉得你想说的字眼应该是”恶” |
[03:46] | Uh, can I help you? | 有什么能帮忙的吗 |
[03:47] | Hi. We’d like to volunteer. | 你好 我们想来当自愿者 |
[03:49] | Oh, I appreciate you guys coming down, | 很谢谢你们特地跑一趟过来 |
[03:51] | but we already have enough people. | 但我们已经够人手了 |
[03:52] | Any other day, please, come back. | 平常任何时候 欢迎你们来 |
[03:54] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:01] | Wipe that smug smile off your face. | 收起你脸上欠扁的笑容 |
[04:03] | Maybe I’m happy that so many people turned up | 我只是因为听到很多人来帮助不幸的人们 |
[04:06] | to help the less fortunate. | 心中乐开了花而已啊 |
[04:10] | Are you and I close enough for me to say… | 我跟你的关系好到可以说他… |
[04:11] | That he’s an ass? He beat you to it. | 是个贱人吗 他已经抢先证明了 |
[04:15] | I was wrong. A large group had to cancel. | 我说错了 有一大批人来不了了 |
[04:17] | Oh, great. We’d love to help. | 太好了 我们很乐意帮忙 |
[04:21] | Wipe that smug smile off your face. | 收起你脸上欠扁的笑容 |
[04:25] | I can’t! | 臣妾做不到啊 |
[04:29] | Look at us! | 看看我们俩 |
[04:30] | Our first Thanksgiving as husband and wife. | 我俩第一次以夫妻身份过感恩节 |
[04:32] | I know. | 对啊 |
[04:33] | I feel so grown up. | 感觉自己是个大人 |
[04:35] | Sweetie, you are grown up. | 亲爱的 你本来就是大人 |
[04:36] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[04:37] | How many grown-ups do you know | 有多少大人 |
[04:38] | who have Mr. Spock oven mitts? | 拥有史波克的烤箱手套呢 |
[04:42] | Hey, the recipes are on my iPad. | 菜谱在我的iPad里 |
[04:44] | – Will you pull ’em up? – Yep. | -帮我点开 -好 |
[04:45] | – What’s the code? – My birthday. | -锁屏密码 -我的生日 |
[04:48] | It’s not working. | 不对啊 |
[04:50] | It’s just the four digits– month and day. | 就四位数字而已 月份加日期 |
[04:54] | Nope. | 不对啊 |
[04:56] | Let me see. | 我看看 |
[05:00] | Yeah, there. | 可以啊 |
[05:07] | What number were you putting in? | 你输入的数字是多少 |
[05:13] | You don’t know my birthday, do you? | 你不知道我生日 对吧 |
[05:15] | Yes, I do. | 我当然知道 |
[05:16] | Well, what is it? | 那你说说 |
[05:18] | May. | 5月 |
[05:20] | May what? | 5月几号 |
[05:23] | I’m not gonna say your password out loud. | 大庭广众之下我怎么可以说出来 |
[05:25] | That is not secure. | 太不安全了 |
[05:27] | You don’t know your own husband’s birthday. | 你居然不知道你老公的生日 |
[05:30] | Well…you don’t know everything about me. | 你也不知道我的所有事情啊 |
[05:32] | Your birthday is December 2, | 你的生日是12月2号 |
[05:33] | you grew up on Perkins Street, | 你小时候的家在珀金斯街上 |
[05:35] | the last four digits of your social are | 你的社保号码尾四位数是 |
[05:37] | 7 6 2 1 7-6-2-1, | |
[05:38] | and the odds of me letting you forget this are zero. | 想让我放过你不提这件事的几率是0 |
[05:43] | Oh, look at us. | 快瞧我们俩 |
[05:44] | Our last Thanksgiving as husband and wife. | 最后一次以夫妻身份过感恩节 |
[05:51] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[05:51] | Hi. | 你好 |
[05:53] | Ready for the aquarium? | 准备好要去水族馆了吗 |
[05:55] | I am. | 当然 |
[05:56] | You know, and in an effort to reduce awkwardness | 对了 为了要减少尴尬 |
[05:59] | as we learn how to function as friends, | 我们还得练习以朋友关系相处 |
[06:01] | I printed out a list of safe topics for polite conversation. | 我特意打了一张不会触碰地雷的聊天话题 |
[06:06] | If that makes you more comfortable. | 这样你会好受点的话 那行吧 |
[06:09] | If there were a list of things that make me more comfortable, | 如果真有”能让我好受的事情”的列表 |
[06:12] | lists would be on the top of that list. | 列表上的第一件就会是”列表” |
[06:16] | Okay, now… Oh. | 好了 我看看 |
[06:16] | “Since last we spoke, have you acquired any pets?” | “我们最后一次交谈后 你有开始养宠物吗” |
[06:20] | No. You? | 没有 你呢 |
[06:22] | No. | 没有 |
[06:25] | Um, “Since last we spoke, | “我们上次交谈后 |
[06:27] | have you planned or gone on any vacations?” | 你有计划要去 或已经去哪里度假了吗” |
[06:30] | I might go visit my aunt next week. | 我可能下周会去探视我阿姨 |
[06:33] | Mm. Your aunt in Modesto? | 你在莫德斯托市的那个阿姨吗 |
[06:34] | No, the one in Bakersfield. | 不是 是住在贝克斯菲尔德市的那位 |
[06:36] | Bakersfield. I see. | 贝克斯菲尔德市 了解 |
[06:39] | Where has this list been all my life? | 这张列表怎么才出现在我的人生中 |
[06:44] | We’re gonna have you washing dishes. | 你们今天就负责洗碗 |
[06:46] | Uh, aprons and rubber gloves are here– just… | 围裙跟橡胶手套在这里 就… |
[06:48] | scrape, wash and stack. | 刷 洗 叠就对了 |
[06:50] | If you need me, I’ll be around. | 有事就叫我 我会过来 |
[06:52] | So we don’t even get to be up front where the action is? | 我们连战场前线都去不了吗 |
[06:55] | What difference does it make? | 有什么差别啊 |
[06:57] | I don’t know. I was hoping some poor kid | 不知道 我还希望会有可怜兮兮的小孩 |
[06:59] | would come up to me and say, | 走到我面前跟我说 |
[07:00] | Please, sir, I want some more. | 先生 求求你 再多给我点儿吧 |
[07:06] | You’re in a soup kitchen, | 你丫是在粥棚工作 |
[07:08] | not a production of Oliver! | 不是在《雾都孤儿》音乐剧现场 |
[07:11] | It’s not like I’m expecting them to sing. | 我又不指望他们会唱出来 |
[07:17] | …and then the next day was 73 degrees, | 然后隔天是73度 |
[07:19] | and the day after that was 72, | 再之后一天是72度 |
[07:21] | and then it was 72 again… | 再往后又是72度 |
[07:23] | uh, then it was 74, | 再后来是74度 |
[07:25] | and that brings us to today, at– | 接着就到今天了 是… |
[07:27] | I’d wear shorts if I had a pair– 78. | 如果我有短裤我肯定穿的78度[25.5摄氏度] |
[07:31] | Are we done discussing the weather? | 我们讨论完天气了吗 |
[07:34] | I don’t know if I’d call it “discussing”. | 我觉得我们这称不上”讨论”啊 |
[07:36] | You kind of sat back and let me do all the work. | 你就光坐在那 全都是我在论 |
[07:39] | Let’s see what’s next on the list. | 看看列表上的下一项 |
[07:41] | Oh, here. Uh, “Do you whittle, | 来 “你会木雕吗 |
[07:43] | and if so, what kind of knife do you…” | 如果会 你都是用哪种刀呢” |
[07:45] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[07:47] | We’ve known each other a long time. | 我们已经认识彼此很多年了 |
[07:49] | We are perfectly capable of having a conversation | 我们绝对能正常地谈天说地 |
[07:52] | without relying on a list off the Internet. | 不用靠网上的某张列表 |
[07:56] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:57] | Well, what should we talk about? | 那我们应该聊什么 |
[07:59] | I don’t know. Just ask me whatever comes to mind. | 不知道 你想到什么就问什么吧 |
[08:03] | Very well. | 好的 |
[08:05] | I know you’ve been seeing other men. | 我知道你有跟别的男人约会 |
[08:08] | Have you had coitus with any of them? | 你跟他们之中任何一人交媾过了吗 |
[08:12] | Man, I walked right into that one. | 靠 我真是挖坑给自己跳 |
[08:17] | Next we need a teaspoon of pepper, | 接下来我们需要一茶匙的胡椒 |
[08:22] | which, I believe, was also the name of your childhood dog. | 你小时候养的狗也正好叫胡椒 |
[08:28] | Fine. You think you know so much. | 行 你觉得你知道很多是吧 |
[08:31] | Who’s my favorite Spice Girl? | 我最喜欢辣妹组合中哪位辣妹 |
[08:32] | Baby. | 宝贝辣妹 |
[08:32] | Who’s my favorite member of NSYNC? | “超级男孩”中我最喜欢哪一位 |
[08:34] | Justin. | 贾斯汀 |
[08:34] | 这两个在90年代走红的美国男子团体 属于竞争关系 | |
[08:34] | Who’s my favorite Backstreet Boy? | 那我最喜欢的”后街男孩”成员是 |
[08:35] | Nice try. NSYNC forever. | 陷阱题 超级男孩一生推 |
[08:37] | Damn it! | 靠 |
[08:39] | Face it, you can’t stump me– | 你不服都不行 你碾压不了我 |
[08:41] | I am the king of husbands. | 我就是丈夫之王 |
[08:43] | I know that you don’t like the lingerie | 我还知道你不喜欢我情人节 |
[08:44] | that I got you on Valentine’s Day. | 送你的那套内衣 |
[08:45] | I know you hate the word “moist”. I know… | 我还知道你讨厌”湿润”这个词 |
[08:47] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[08:48] | Wait, wait. Why don’t I like the lingerie you got me? | 等等 我为什么会不喜欢你送我的内衣 |
[08:51] | Because it’s orange | 因为它是橘色的 |
[08:53] | and you think it makes you look like a slutty carrot. | 你觉得自己穿起来时像淫荡的胡萝卜 |
[08:57] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[08:58] | I never told you that. | 我从没告诉过你这件事 |
[09:00] | Sure you did. | 你当然说过 |
[09:00] | No. | 并没有 |
[09:01] | I never told anyone that. | 我从没跟任何人说过 |
[09:03] | But I did write it in my journal. | 但我有写在我的日记里 |
[09:07] | What? | 什么 |
[09:12] | I didn’t know you had a journal. | 我都不知道你有日记 |
[09:15] | I also know your voice gets higher when you’re lying. | 我还知道你撒谎时音调就变高 |
[09:20] | No, it doesn’t. | 人家才没有呢 |
[09:30] | You know, this reminds me of high school. | 这让我想起了我高中时代 |
[09:31] | You worked in a restaurant? | 你在餐厅打工过吗 |
[09:33] | No, I was in India– it was humid and smelled funny. | 不 我当时还在印度 又潮味儿又大 |
[09:37] | All right, I think I’m getting into a groove here. | 我好像开始进入状态了 |
[09:40] | This isn’t so bad. | 其实也不坏嘛 |
[09:41] | Only five hours and 40 minutes to go. | 再过5个小时40分钟就结束了 |
[09:44] | We’ve only been doing this 20 minutes?! | 刚才洗这么久了 才过了20分钟吗 |
[09:48] | You know, I read that | 我在哪里读过 |
[09:49] | washing dishes can be an excellent form of meditation. | 洗碗也能是一种很好的冥想方式 |
[09:52] | The key is that while washing the dishes | 重点在于当你在洗碗时 |
[09:54] | one should only be… washing the dishes. | 身心灵该关注于… 洗碗 |
[09:59] | Just because you have that accent | 虽然你有那异国东方口音 |
[10:01] | doesn’t mean what you say isn’t stupid. | 但不代表你说的话听起来就不傻逼 |
[10:05] | No, seriously. | 不 说真的 |
[10:06] | It’s about being present in the moment, | 重点是活在当下 |
[10:08] | focusing on the feeling of the warm water, | 用心去感受水的温热 |
[10:11] | the smell of the detergent, | 洗洁精的味道 |
[10:13] | the sound of the dishes squeaking, and following your own breath. | 盘子的磨蹭声 跟随自己的呼吸 |
[10:16] | It’s about… it’s about simply being. | 天地之间 活在当下 |
[10:22] | Okay. I’ll try it. | 好吧 我试试 |
[10:29] | I need three people out front. | 外面需要三个人帮忙 |
[10:31] | I’ll do it! | 我去 |
[10:32] | – Me! – Right here! | -我去 -马上来 |
[10:34] | No fair! I was meditating! | 不公平 人家刚在冥想呢 |
[10:39] | Come on, don’t be mad. | 别生气嘛 |
[10:41] | It was a long time ago, and it was an accident. | 那是很久以前的事了 完全是意外 |
[10:43] | How can reading my journal be an accident? | 偷看我日记怎么会是意外呢 |
[10:45] | I didn’t even know what it was. | 我根本不知道那是什么 |
[10:46] | I saw it on your nightstand. I picked it up. | 我看放在床头柜上 就顺手拿起来翻 |
[10:48] | Well, when you realized what it was, why didn’t you stop? | 那你知道是日记后 干嘛还不住手 |
[10:50] | You know me, I’m a big ol’ bookworm. | 你也知道我 我是爱阅读的四眼书虫 |
[10:55] | All right. Let’s just finish cooking. | 算了 赶紧把饭做完吧 |
[10:56] | Well… Hey. O-Okay. Let me make this up to you. | 好啦好啦 让我补偿你吧 |
[10:59] | Sometimes I keep an online journal. | 有时我会在网上写日记 |
[11:01] | I want you to read something that I write. | 我想让你读我写的东西 |
[11:03] | Okay, really, I’m fine. | 不用了 我不想读 |
[11:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:05] | Well, then I’ll read it to you. | 那我读给你听好了 |
[11:07] | It’s from the day we first met. | 这篇是我们第一次见面时写的 |
[11:11] | “Beauty, thy name is Penny.” – Oh, God. Stop. | -“邻之佳人 名为佩妮” -求闭嘴 |
[11:16] | I don’t want you to read something you think’ll just butter me up. | 我不想你读一些你自认为恭维我的好话 |
[11:18] | I want to hear the most recent thing you wrote. | 我想听你最新写的日记 |
[11:21] | Fine. | 好 |
[11:27] | “Penny’s beauty, like our love, | “佩妮的美 就像我们的爱 |
[11:30] | grows more with each passing day.” | 一天比一天更甚” |
[11:33] | Does it really say that? | 上面真的这么写吗 |
[11:35] | Why would I lie? | 我干嘛要撒谎 |
[11:40] | “Omg. Omg. | “天了噜 天了噜 |
[11:42] | We’re so close to the new Star Wars. | 新的《星球大战》电影即将上映 |
[11:43] | I can’t take it. | 我的小心脏要受不了了 |
[11:45] | Gah.” | 哇噢” |
[11:48] | “Gah”? | “哇噢” |
[11:50] | Well, you didn’t read it right. | 你念的语气不对 |
[11:51] | The new Star Wars is coming. Gah! | 新的《星球大战》电影即将上映 哇呼 |
[12:01] | I’m sensing things have gotten awkward. | 我感觉到气氛变尴尬了 |
[12:04] | No. It’s okay. | 不 没关系 |
[12:06] | If we’re friends, we should be able to talk about anything. | 如果我们是朋友 我们就该无所不谈 |
[12:09] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:10] | So, you had some questions about me seeing other people. | 你对我跟其他人约会有一些疑问 |
[12:16] | Just a few. | 就几个小问题 |
[12:17] | Go ahead. | 问吧 |
[12:19] | How many dates have you been on? | 你约过几次会 |
[12:21] | Who were they with? Where’d you go? | 都跟谁约会 都去了哪里 |
[12:23] | Where did you meet them? Did you sleep with them? | 你在哪里认识他们的 你跟他们睡了吗 |
[12:25] | And how much longer to the aquarium? | 还有多久到水族馆 |
[12:27] | I’m getting kind of hungry. | 我有点饿了 |
[12:30] | Let’s see. | 我们一题一题答 |
[12:32] | I have been on six dates with three different people. | 我一共约会了六次 分别跟三个不同的人 |
[12:36] | It was either for coffee or dinner. | 不是去喝咖啡 就是吃饭 |
[12:38] | One I met at a bookstore and two I met online. | 一个是在书店认识的 其余两个是在网上 |
[12:42] | I haven’t slept with anyone. | 我没有跟任何一个睡 |
[12:44] | The aquarium is 40 minutes away. | 还有40分钟才能到水族馆 |
[12:46] | And there’s a baggie of Cheerios for you | 我给你准备了麦圈 |
[12:47] | in the glove compartment. | 在杂物箱里 |
[12:50] | Uh, regular or honey nut? | 原味的还是蜂蜜坚果味 |
[12:52] | I mixed them. | 我把两者混到一起了 |
[12:54] | You mixed them. | 你把两者混到一起了 |
[12:56] | No wonder gentleman callers are pounding down your door. | 怪不得男人如雪片般飞来 |
[13:01] | Do you have any questions for me? | 你有问题要问我吗 |
[13:05] | Just one. | 就一个 |
[13:08] | Are you doing okay? | 你还好吗 |
[13:12] | I am. | 好啊 |
[13:14] | Good. | 那就好 |
[13:16] | I-I want you to be happy. | 我希望你快乐 |
[13:20] | I believe you. | 我相信你是 |
[13:25] | I’d believe you more if you threw a few Apple Jacks in here. | 如果你再放点苹果肉桂脆片 就更有说服力了 |
[13:32] | Here you go. | 给 |
[13:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:35] | You got to be kidding me. | 开什么玩笑 |
[13:37] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[13:38] | Y-You’re Elon Musk. | 你是埃隆·马斯克 |
[13:38] | spacex太空探索技术公司首席执行官兼首席技术官 环保跑车公司特斯拉Tesla产品设计师 | |
[13:41] | I am. | 正是在下 |
[13:47] | Wh-What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[13:50] | I’m washing dishes. | 我来刷盘子啊 |
[13:52] | Well, I was on the turkey line, | 我本来是分火鸡的 |
[13:54] | but I got demoted for being too generous with the gravy. | 但因为肉汁给太多 被下放来刷盘子了 |
[13:59] | Oh, man. I… | 老天 我… |
[14:01] | What an honor to meet you. | 见到你很荣幸 |
[14:03] | I’m-I’m such a fan of Tesla and SpaceX. | 我是特斯拉车和太空探索技术公司的粉丝 |
[14:08] | All your companies. | 你所有公司我都爱 |
[14:08] | 他还是Paypal[知名第三方在线支付公司] 以及SolarCity[专门发展家用光伏发电项目的公司]的CEO | |
[14:09] | Howard Wolowitz, Caltech. | 加州理工的霍华德·沃罗威茨 |
[14:11] | Nice to meet you, Howard. | 很高兴认识你 霍华德 |
[14:12] | Feels great to come down here and help the less fortunate, huh? | 来这里帮助不幸的人 感觉不错吧 |
[14:15] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[14:18] | Nothing better than helping people. | 助人为乐的感觉最棒了 |
[14:23] | Which is something I realized | 我意识到这点时 |
[14:26] | when I was viewing Earth | 是在遥远的外太空 |
[14:28] | from the deck of the International Space Station, | 当时我从国际空间站的甲板上瞭望地球 |
[14:32] | where I spent two months as a payload specialist, | 我以科学宇航员的身份待了两个月 |
[14:35] | a job I was qualified for | 这份工作我完全能胜任 |
[14:36] | because I’m an MIT-trained engineer. | 因为我是麻省理工培养出来的工程师 |
[14:41] | And I thought I ladled the gravy on thick. | 我浇的肉汁得再厚也没你的脸皮厚 |
[14:45] | Sorry. It’s just… | 抱歉 只是… |
[14:47] | you’re you, you know? | 你真是太了不起了 |
[14:48] | And I really want you to adopt me. | 我超希望你能收养我 |
[14:52] | Well, you’re here on Thanksgiving, | 你在感恩节能出现在这里 |
[14:54] | so you’re probably a good person. | 所以你应该是个好人 |
[14:55] | Oh. I made my wife come down, too. | 我还让我老婆一起来了呢 |
[14:59] | You think you might ever get back out to space? | 你觉得你会再次回到外太空吗 |
[15:02] | Is that a job offer? ‘Cause I really want to go to Mars. | 这是工作邀请吗 因为我真的很想去火星 |
[15:05] | Assuming I can bring my wife. | 前提是能带上我老婆 |
[15:07] | She hardly takes up any room. | 她完全不占地方 |
[15:08] | She’s basically a carry-on. | 基本就手提行李大小 |
[15:11] | Well, we’re not quite there yet, | 我们现在还没到那步 |
[15:12] | but we’re always looking for engineers. | 但我们一直在寻找工程师 |
[15:14] | So let me give you my e-mail. We can stay in touch. | 我把邮箱告诉你 我们保持联系 |
[15:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:20] | Oh, look. | 瞧 |
[15:21] | Someone hardly touched their pumpkin pie. | 有人的南瓜派几乎没怎么吃 |
[15:23] | Want to share it with me? | 你想跟我一起吃吗 |
[15:27] | A-a partially eaten piece of pumpkin pie | 跟埃隆·马斯克在收容所 |
[15:30] | from a homeless shelter? | 一起分享 |
[15:32] | With Elon Musk, you bet I do! | 被吃过的南瓜派 我当然愿意 |
[15:40] | You know, for a Thanksgiving buffet | 以一个在水族馆餐厅里的 |
[15:42] | in an aquarium cafeteria, that was really bad. | 感恩节自助餐来说 刚才那顿也太差了 |
[15:46] | You’re just upset ’cause they ran out of Pilgrim hats. | 你就是在气他们移民帽发完了 |
[15:49] | They gave one to that baby. He wasn’t even awake. | 他们还发给那孩子一顶 他在睡觉要来干嘛 |
[15:53] | Well, it wouldn’t be a holiday without you being mad at a baby. | 逢年过节怎么少得了你跟孩子上火生气呢 |
[15:58] | Would you care to play an ocean-themed game I invented? | 想不想跟我玩一个我发明的海洋主题游戏 |
[16:02] | Sure. What is it? | 当然 什么游戏 |
[16:03] | It’s called Food, Friend, Fight. | 游戏叫作”食物 朋友 战斗” |
[16:06] | One of us chooses three aquatic creatures, | 我们中一人选出三种水生生物 |
[16:08] | and the other one must decide which he would eat, | 然后另一人必须决定分别把什么当食物 |
[16:10] | befriend, or battle. | 做朋友 还是与之战斗 |
[16:13] | So it’s like Kiss, Marry, Kill. | 就像”接吻 结婚 杀掉” |
[16:16] | What is that? | 那是什么东西 |
[16:17] | It’s a game where you’re given three people | 那是一个游戏 一方说出三个人 |
[16:19] | and you choose which one you’d kiss, marry, or kill. | 另一方选择要跟谁接吻 结婚 杀掉 |
[16:22] | Well, my game is better, ’cause instead of marrying someone, | 我的游戏更好 不用跟人结婚 |
[16:24] | you get to eat them. | 还可以吃掉他们 |
[16:27] | Let’s just play. | 我们开始玩吧 |
[16:28] | I’ll start you off easy. | 开始来点简单的 |
[16:30] | Electric eel, pufferfish, shrimp. | 电鳗 河豚 虾 |
[16:36] | Well, I wouldn’t fight the eel, | 我不会跟电鳗战斗 |
[16:38] | because I know it can generate enough current to kill a horse. | 因为我知道它产出的电流可以电死一匹马 |
[16:42] | So I’d eat the eel, | 所以我吃掉电鳗 |
[16:43] | fight the shrimp, | 与虾战斗 |
[16:45] | and befriend the pufferfish, | 然后与河豚交友 |
[16:46] | because it would be nice to have company | 因为我觉得自己水肿的日子里 |
[16:48] | on those days I feel bloated. | 有个同病相怜的伙伴挺好的 |
[16:51] | Very well done. | 答得漂亮 |
[16:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:53] | Okay, your turn. | 好的 到你了 |
[16:55] | Hmm. Seal, | 海豹 |
[16:58] | hagfish… | 盲鳗 |
[17:00] | SpongeBob SquarePants. | 海绵宝宝 |
[17:03] | Well, I’d befriend SpongeBob but he’s not real, | 我想跟海绵宝宝做朋友 但它不是真的 |
[17:05] | so I can’t do that, can I? | 所以我做不到 是不是 |
[17:07] | But you can pal around with a hagfish? | 难道你可以跟盲鳗称兄道弟吗 |
[17:09] | Hey, let’s not pull at that thread. | 不要挑刺好吗 |
[17:12] | Okay. I’ll fight SpongeBob, | 好的 我选择跟海绵宝宝战斗 |
[17:15] | because he’s so friendly | 因为他非常友善 |
[17:16] | we’ll just end up tickling each other. | 最后我们就变成互相挠痒痒了 |
[17:18] | Um, I’ll befriend the seal, | 我会跟海豹做朋友 |
[17:20] | because he’s trainable, which is the problem | 因为它们可以被人训练 |
[17:22] | I’m having with my current friends. | 而我现在的朋友们正好有这问题 |
[17:24] | Which means I’ll have to eat the hagfish. | 意味着我只能吃掉盲鳗了 |
[17:28] | Isn’t that gross? I mean, a hagfish can produce | 不恶心吗 盲鳗一分钟内 |
[17:30] | enough mucus to fill a bucket in a minute. | 就可以产出一水桶粘液 |
[17:33] | I know. It makes its own gravy– it’ll slide right down. | 我知道 它自带肉汁 非常顺口 |
[17:41] | I miss this. | 我怀念这样 |
[17:45] | How can you miss a game | 你怎么能怀念一个 |
[17:46] | you’ve never played before, silly? | 你从来没玩过的游戏 小傻瓜 |
[17:51] | I guess sometimes I’m silly. | 或许有时我就是这么傻吧 |
[17:56] | Hey. Where’d you go? I can’t tell if the turkey’s done! | 你去哪了 我看不出来火鸡烤没烤好 |
[17:59] | Be right there! | 马上来 |
[18:09] | Hi, lover. | 你好啊 爱人 |
[18:13] | What are you doing? | 你这是闹哪样啊 |
[18:15] | I’m sorry about the journal. I want to make it up to you. | 抱歉看了你日记 我想补偿你 |
[18:18] | So I’m gonna let you post | 于是 我决定让你拍下我的耻辱照 |
[18:20] | a shame photo of me on Facebook. | 发到脸书上 |
[18:22] | 我看了我老婆的日记 我这个淘气的胡萝卜 | |
[18:25] | I am not putting that on the Internet! | 我才不会把那种东西发到网上 |
[18:27] | I don’t want people to see this. | 我不想让大家看到这幅景象 |
[18:29] | I don’t want to see it! | 连我都看不下去了 |
[18:32] | Don’t want people to see what, huh? | 你不想让大家看什么呀 |
[18:34] | A little bit of this? | 看这样吗 |
[18:41] | Some of this? | 还是这样啊 |
[18:45] | And, since it’s Thanksgiving, | 既然今天是感恩节 |
[18:47] | an extra helping of this? | 那额外附赠这个 |
[18:51] | Happy Thanks… | 感恩节… |
[19:01] | I’m glad you had a nice time with Amy. | 很开心你和艾米相处得愉快 |
[19:04] | Me, too. It’s comforting to know | 我也是 我们还能以朋友身份相处 |
[19:06] | that she and I are able to function as friends. | 非常让人欣慰 |
[19:08] | Well, I’ve never been friends with any of my exes. | 我跟前任从来当不来朋友 |
[19:10] | Oh, I’m sure you and Leonard will be able to pull it off. | 我肯定你和莱纳德能当朋友 |
[19:18] | Oh. It’s my friend Amy. | 是我的朋友艾米 |
[19:20] | Hello. | 你好 |
[19:21] | Hi, Sheldon. | 好啊 谢尔顿 |
[19:22] | I’m just driving home from my mother’s. | 我刚从母亲家开车出来 |
[19:24] | Did you have a nice time? | 你席间还愉快吗 |
[19:26] | I did. Um… | 愉快 |
[19:29] | Listen, I really enjoyed spending this morning with you. | 听着 我很喜欢今早我们一起相处的时光 |
[19:33] | Well, I can’t take all the credit. | 不是我一个人的功劳 |
[19:35] | It was pretty funny when that one anchovy started going the wrong way. | 那一条凤尾鱼游错方向的时候也很有趣 |
[19:41] | It was. | 确实 |
[19:42] | Uh, listen, | 听着 |
[19:45] | I-I was thinking that, um, | 我在考虑 |
[19:48] | maybe I’m ready to be your girlfriend again. | 我或许准备好重新做你女友了 |
[19:55] | I thought we were just friends. | 我以为我们只是朋友 |
[19:57] | We are. | 我们是朋友 |
[19:59] | But I was hoping, maybe… | 但我希望 也许… |
[20:02] | Amy, I excel at many things, | 艾米 我擅长很多事情 |
[20:05] | but getting over you wasn’t one of them. | 但忘记你并非其中一件事 |
[20:10] | I think I need to just be your friend. | 我还是当你的朋友就好 |
[20:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:17] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[20:20] | Good. | 好的 |
[20:22] | Oh, I watched a video of the hagfish producing mucus, | 我看了盲鳗产粘液的视频 |
[20:25] | so I’m gonna change my answer and eat SpongeBob. | 所以我要把答案改成吃海绵宝宝 |
[20:30] | Okay. Sure. | 好的 当然可以 |