时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | There’s no point in dwelling on it. | 我也不需要纠结这事 |
[00:04] | As the Vulcans say, | 借用一句瓦肯人的俗语 |
[00:05] | “Kup-fun-tor ha’kiv na’ish du stau.” | “人已杀 你无力还命”[瓦肯语] |
[00:10] | – Do you know what that means? – No. | -你懂他的意思吗 -不懂 |
[00:12] | Are you telling the truth? | 你说的是实话吗 |
[00:14] | Nersh. | 非也[瓦肯语] |
[00:17] | This is ridiculous– being upset about Amy all the time | 这一切都太荒唐了 总是为艾米的事伤心 |
[00:20] | isn’t accomplishing anything. | 不能解决任何问题 |
[00:22] | If I want to resolve this situation, | 如果我想解决这件事 |
[00:23] | then I need to take action. | 我就要行动起来 |
[00:25] | What are you gonna do? | 你要干什么 |
[00:25] | I’m going to find her and ask her to marry me. | 我要去找她 向她求婚 |
[00:28] | And if she says yes, | 如果她答应了 |
[00:29] | we can put this behind us and resume our relationship. | 我们就把这事彻底忘掉 重新开始 |
[00:32] | And if she says no… | 如果她不肯答应 |
[00:34] | well, then she can just ponfo miran. | 那她就可以去自尽了[瓦肯语] |
[00:40] | He didn’t mean that. | 他不是真心的 |
[01:06] | I think it’s so adorable you’re making Sheldon breakfast. | 你帮谢尔顿做早饭真是太有爱了 |
[01:09] | Well, he’s having a rough time. | 他现在很难过嘛 |
[01:11] | Amy broke his heart, | 艾米伤了他的心 |
[01:12] | the DVR cut off the last minute of Doctor Who… | 录《神秘博士》时录少了最后一分钟 |
[01:15] | that crow followed him home. | 回家时还被乌鸦跟踪 |
[01:19] | Aren’t you worried you’re making French toast on oatmeal day? | 你不怕在燕麦粥日做法式吐司会出事吗 |
[01:22] | Ah, well, what’s this? A pot of oatmeal? | 你看这是啥 不就是一锅燕麦粥吗 |
[01:25] | Or, thanks to you, what I will now call “Gloatmeal.” | 或者应该谢谢你 改称它为”我真牛逼粥” |
[01:29] | Oh, I don’t want credit for that. | 我可不想跟它沾边 |
[01:33] | Oh, Dr. And Mrs. Hofstadter, | 霍夫斯塔德博士贤伉俪 |
[01:35] | lovely to see you this fine morning. | 在这美好的早晨很高兴见到两位 |
[01:37] | You’re in a good mood. | 你心情很好啊 |
[01:38] | Yeah, I am indeed. | 的确是的 |
[01:39] | I have decided, | 我已经决定了 |
[01:40] | instead of wallowing in sadness about Amy, | 与其为艾米的事伤神伤心 |
[01:43] | it is time that I find myself a new female companion. | 不如抓紧时间为自己找个新女伴 |
[01:46] | Oh. Good for you. | 那挺好啊 |
[01:48] | What brought this on? | 这想法怎么来的 |
[01:49] | I realized something– when Amy was in my life, | 我意识到了 当艾米在我身边时 |
[01:52] | I was hyper-focused on my work and ignored her. | 我过度专注于工作而忽略了她 |
[01:54] | And you don’t want to make the same mistake with the next woman. | 你不想对下一个女人重蹈覆辙 |
[01:57] | No, I need a new woman in my life to ignore | 不 所以我需要一个新女人来被我忽略 |
[01:59] | so I can hyper-focus on my work again. | 好让我再次过度专注于工作 |
[02:02] | Hey, I made French toast sticks. | 我做了法式吐司棒 |
[02:04] | On oatmeal day? | 燕麦粥日做这个吗 |
[02:05] | Ah, I also made oatmeal. | 我也做了燕麦粥哦 |
[02:07] | Ooh, that’s a lot of carbohydrates for a man on the prowl. | 对于要猎艳的男人来说 太容易长胖了 |
[02:11] | You know what? You eat it; you’re married– | 还是你吃吧 你结婚了 |
[02:13] | it doesn’t matter what you look like. | 长成啥样都无所谓了 |
[02:16] | Don’t take advice from a man who threw his shoe at a crow. | 千万别听一个用鞋子扔乌鸦的人的建议 |
[02:48] | Thank you for coming by, gentlemen. | 谢谢你们抽空来 先生们 |
[02:51] | No problem. | 小意思 |
[02:51] | So what’s up? | 怎么了 |
[02:52] | Well, it was the two of you who found Amy Farrah Fowler for me. | 是你们两位为我找到艾米·菲拉·福勒 |
[02:55] | Now that I’m looking for my next girlfriend, | 现在我在寻觅我下一任女朋友 |
[02:57] | it seemed only logical | 所以我觉得 |
[02:59] | that I employ your services once again. | 只有再度请你们出手才合理 |
[03:01] | Y-You sure you’re up for that? She did hurt you. | 她伤了你的心 你真的能再战了吗 |
[03:04] | Oh, no, it’s all right. | 没事的 不算什么 |
[03:05] | I think of my time with Amy as a stick of Fruit Stripe gum: | 我跟艾米在一起的时光就像水果口香糖 |
[03:08] | sweet and enjoyable at first, | 一开始甜蜜好滋味 |
[03:10] | but ultimately a flavorless lump of sadness. | 但最后也只是一团无味的悲哀 |
[03:15] | You’re not wrong about Fruit Stripe. | 用水果口香糖来形容也没错 |
[03:17] | I-I was always a Hubba Bubba man. Mm. | 但我向来都比较喜欢胶带泡泡糖 |
[03:21] | Hubba Bubba over Dubble Bubble? You’re crazy. | 喜欢胶带泡泡糖多过波波泡泡糖吗 你疯啦 |
[03:24] | Hey, the jaw wants what it wants. | 我下巴喜欢嚼哪种就哪种 |
[03:26] | Gentlemen! | 两位 |
[03:28] | Oh, right, uh, girlfriend. | 抱歉 是来说女朋友 |
[03:30] | But what are you looking for? | 你想找怎么样的呢 |
[03:32] | All I’m looking for is an educated, intelligent woman | 我想找一个受过良好教育 非常聪明的女人 |
[03:35] | who shares my interests | 跟我有相同的兴趣爱好 |
[03:36] | while retaining her own unique point of view. | 但同时又有自己的想法与见解 |
[03:38] | She should be kind, patient, | 为人和蔼有耐心 |
[03:40] | and most important, | 而且最重要的是 |
[03:41] | unable to imagine life without me by 10:00 tonight. | 在今晚十点前就爱我爱到无法自拔 |
[03:46] | Isn’t that a little unreasonable? | 这要求是不是有点不合理 |
[03:48] | All right, fine, she doesn’t need her own point of view. | 好吧 她不需要有自己的想法与见解 |
[03:49] | Now, chop-chop. | 赶紧开工吧 |
[03:53] | Come on, Amy, show us the dress. | 艾米 快点 让我们看看那裙子 |
[03:56] | Okay. | 来啦 |
[03:57] | But I’m really stepping outside of my comfort zone here. | 但这真的是超出了我的舒适区 |
[04:09] | I don’t think any of your comfort zones are showing. | 你的”舒适区”一点都没有露出来啊 |
[04:13] | Yeah, it’s your third date– | 都第三次约会了 |
[04:14] | maybe you could go more sexy. | 要不打扮性感点试试 |
[04:15] | Well, some people think the sexiest organ is the brain. | 有些人觉得最性感的器官是脑子呢 |
[04:19] | No one ever bought me drinks at a bar | 但我去酒吧的时候 |
[04:21] | because my brain just popped out of my shirt. | 从来没有人因为我露”脑”而请我喝酒啊 |
[04:24] | Do you have any heels higher than this? | 你们有没有高一点的高根鞋 |
[04:26] | He’s pretty tall. | 他个子还挺高 |
[04:28] | Ooh, tall! | 高个子 |
[04:29] | Finally some details about this mystery man. | 终于透露了点这位神秘男士的细枝末节了 |
[04:31] | Yeah, come on, tell us more. | 继续 再跟我们说说 |
[04:33] | Well, I told you his name and that he’s tall. | 我跟你们说过了他的名字 还有他很高 |
[04:35] | What more do you need? | 你们还需要知道什么啊 |
[04:36] | Did you kiss him yet? | 你们接吻没 |
[04:38] | Just a little peck on the lips. | 就嘴唇上吻了一下 |
[04:44] | Well, we’re your best friends– give us one more detail | 我们可是好闺蜜 再说一个细节吧 |
[04:46] | and we promise we’ll leave you alone. | 说完保证不再烦你 |
[04:48] | Fine. Um… | 好吧 |
[04:50] | he’s British. | 他是英国人 |
[04:54] | All right, that is a juicy one. | 好啦 这点的确是很让人兴奋 |
[04:57] | All right, where is Tall British Dave taking you? | 英国高个子戴夫今晚要带你上哪呢 |
[04:59] | Tea and basketball? | 喝茶加打篮球吗 |
[05:02] | To that new Italian place on Walnut. | 去那家新开的意大利餐厅 |
[05:04] | Oh, nice. | 挺好啊 |
[05:05] | I’m gonna go look for other shoes. | 我再去找找别双鞋 |
[05:06] | Good luck. | 加油找吧 |
[05:07] | I threw out all my tall ones when I married Leonard. | 嫁给莱纳德时 我把高的高跟鞋全扔了 |
[05:12] | Hey, you want to swing by that place tonight | 你今晚想路过他们的约会地 |
[05:14] | and get a look at this guy? | 看看那男人的庐山真面目吗 |
[05:16] | We don’t even know what time they’re gonna be there. | 我们都不知道他们约了几点 |
[05:18] | I’ll just call the restaurant, | 我可以打给那个餐厅 |
[05:19] | pretend I’m Amy and check the reservation. | 假装我是艾米 再确认一下预定时间 |
[05:21] | Damn, you’re sneaky. | 靠 你真贼 |
[05:24] | Yeah, but I’m little, so it’s adorable. | 但我人小 做啥都萌萌哒 |
[05:29] | I think the quickest way to find you a new girlfriend | 我觉得帮你找女朋友最快的方法 |
[05:31] | is just to get you on every dating Web site out there. | 就是帮你注册市面上所有的相亲网站 |
[05:35] | Are you sure? | 你确定这有用吗 |
[05:36] | I’ve heard that on those sites, often when you think | 我听说在这种网站上 常常会有 |
[05:38] | you’re corresponding with someone, | 你以为自己跟妞儿聊上天了 |
[05:40] | it’s actually a computer program | 结果只是电脑AI |
[05:41] | pretending to be a real person. | 假装是真人在回你 |
[05:43] | And you’re afraid it’ll do a better job than you? | 你担心电脑AI比你这人形AI会聊天吗 |
[05:48] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[05:49] | No one does a better job pretending to be a person than I do. | 假装是人类这件事上 我是打遍天下无敌手 |
[05:53] | Siri comes close, but I know more jokes. | Siri跟我不相上下 但我知道的笑话比它多 |
[05:56] | If you don’t want to use dating websites, | 如果你不想用相亲网站 |
[05:59] | what do you suggest? | 那你有什么好建议 |
[06:00] | Off the top of my head? | 随便一想吗 |
[06:01] | Uh, prospective women weed themselves out | 众多有前瞻性的女性们 |
[06:04] | in a battle of wits until only one champion remains, | 靠智斗战胜其他人 最后夺冠的那一个人 |
[06:06] | she shows up at my door flush with the thrill of victory, | 带着胜利的激动 出现在我家门外 |
[06:09] | and then sits quietly by my side | 她会在我看《夜魔侠》时 |
[06:11] | while I watch Daredevil. | 默默坐到本皇身边 |
[06:14] | You seriously think women would fight for you? | 你真的认为女人会为你而战吗 |
[06:17] | People compete for jobs and trophies– why not me? | 人们会为了工作和奖杯而战 为啥不会为我 |
[06:21] | He’s right– he knows a lot of jokes. | 他说得对 他的确知道很多笑话 |
[06:25] | Yeah– no, but it is basic human nature. | 对 不 但这的确是人的本性 |
[06:28] | If we present him as a prize, maybe they would. | 如果把他像奖品般呈现 或许真有女人会抢 |
[06:31] | Well, he’s smart, | 他很聪明 |
[06:33] | he’s a respected scientist… | 又是个受人尊敬的科学家 |
[06:34] | And I have the soulful eyes of a cow. | 而且我有一双深情似水的明眸 |
[06:40] | I don’t know if I’d say you… | 我可不会说你的眼… |
[06:46] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[06:47] | What if we put a post on Craigslist that says: | 不如我们在分类广告网上发个帖子 就写 |
[06:49] | “World-class Caltech physicist seeking girlfriend. | “加州理工学院世界级物理学家征女友一名 |
[06:52] | If interested, | 如果有兴趣 |
[06:53] | solve the following puzzles for a chance to meet him.” | 请解出如下谜题 赢取见面机会” |
[06:57] | Oh, we’ll make the puzzles extremely challenging | 我们要把题出得极有挑战性 |
[06:59] | to eliminate unworthy candidates. | 才能筛掉不合格的候选人 |
[07:01] | Oh, we could set it up like a scavenger hunt | 我们可以设置得像一个寻宝游戏 |
[07:03] | where the last puzzle gives the winner Sheldon’s contact information. | 解开最后一道题才能得到谢尔顿的联系方式 |
[07:06] | Well, this is actually an interesting social experiment. | 这真是个有趣的社会实验 |
[07:09] | I’m a little jealous of the people who get to do it. | 我有点嫉妒可以参与解谜的人了 |
[07:10] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[07:11] | And we’ve seen the prize. | 而且我们已经见过这”大奖”了 |
[07:18] | I don’t understand why we’re leaving so early for the movie. | 我不懂看电影为啥要这么早出门 |
[07:20] | Oh, I forgot to tell you– we’re gonna meet up with Bernadette | 我忘了告诉你了 我们要跟伯纳黛特碰面 |
[07:22] | to spy on Amy and her date. | 一起监视艾米和她的男伴 |
[07:24] | What? | 什么 |
[07:25] | I don’t want to do that. | 我不想做这事情 |
[07:26] | What, and you think I want to see | 干嘛 你真以为我会想看 |
[07:27] | a documentary about aluminum can recycling? | 一部关于铝罐回收的纪录片吗 |
[07:31] | This is the movie Big Soda doesn’t want you to see. | 这可是软饮料行业不想大众去看的电影 |
[07:34] | No, it’s the movie your wife doesn’t want you to see. | 错 是你老婆不想让你去看 |
[07:39] | So you’re actually okay with invading your friend’s privacy? | 你觉得侵犯你朋友的隐私没问题吗 |
[07:42] | You’re not curious who she’s out with? | 你不好奇她跟谁约会吗 |
[07:44] | Not really. | 不太 |
[07:46] | But you’re curious about aluminum cans. | 但你却对铝罐有兴趣 |
[07:50] | You’re a weird little guy. | 你真是奇怪的小男人 |
[07:56] | That’s it. The Sheldon Cooper Girlfriend Challenge | 好了 谢尔顿·库珀女友挑战赛 |
[07:58] | is officially alive. | 正式上线了 |
[08:01] | – Congratulations. – This is exciting. | -恭喜 -太令人激动了 |
[08:02] | Right now, somewhere, | 现在在某处 |
[08:04] | a woman is dividing the atomic weight | 有一个女人正用 |
[08:06] | of the best noble gas by the number of colors | 沿用至今最古老的国旗上的颜色数量 |
[08:08] | in the oldest national flag still in use… | 除以惰性最强的气体的原子量 |
[08:10] | W– then using that number as the average speed | 然后用得出的数作为平均速度 |
[08:12] | to calculate the travel time from Mordor to the Shire. | 计算出从魔多到夏尔郡所需的时间 |
[08:15] | And… | 还有 |
[08:15] | taking her first step towards a lifetime | 向美好的一生迈出第一步 |
[08:18] | of laughter, love and, best of all, rules. | 等着她的将是笑声爱意 以及规矩 |
[08:21] | I-I hope we didn’t make the puzzles too hard. | 希望我们没有把题出得太难 |
[08:24] | Well…if she can solve them, | 如果她可以解开 |
[08:26] | it’ll prove she’s intelligent, | 那将证明她非常聪明 |
[08:28] | tenacious and… so socially awkward | 固执顽强 而且不善社交 |
[08:30] | she has nothing better to do on a Saturday night. | 因为周六晚上居然没有更好的事可做 |
[08:34] | Golly, she sounds too good to be true. | 天啊 感觉美好得让人难以置信 |
[08:40] | This is fun. I haven’t dated much since my divorce. | 这样挺好的 我离婚之后没怎么跟人约过会 |
[08:43] | Well, I’m having a good time, too. | 我也玩得很开心 |
[08:45] | If you don’t mind me asking, | 希望你不介意我这么问 |
[08:46] | why did you and your wife split up? | 你和你妻子为什么离婚 |
[08:48] | Oh, you know how it is– we wanted different things. | 你也知道的 我们的追求不一样 |
[08:51] | I wanted children, | 我想要孩子 |
[08:52] | and she wanted a pastry chef named Jean-Philippe. | 她想要一个叫让·菲利普的糕点师 |
[08:56] | Oh, I’m… I’m so sorry. | 我深感同情 |
[08:58] | No, it’s-it’s fine. It’s why I left England. | 没事的 我就是因此而离开英国 |
[09:00] | It reminded me too much of her. | 那里有太多事物会让我想起她 |
[09:02] | Cold, gloomy | 冷冷的 闷闷的 |
[09:03] | and easily accessed by a Frenchman through a tunnel. | 随便让法国佬从”隧道”进入 |
[09:08] | Hey. So, where are they? | 他们在哪里 |
[09:10] | Across the street, in the left window. | 对面街的左边窗口 |
[09:13] | Oh, damn it, we should have brought binoculars. | 靠 我们应该带望远镜来的 |
[09:15] | Right here. | 早有准备 |
[09:18] | We just happen to have those in the car? | 车里碰巧就有吗 |
[09:20] | Kinda. Before I met Howie, | 算是吧 我在认识霍华德之前 |
[09:22] | I liked to keep close tabs on my boyfriends. | 我喜欢密切关注我的男友们 |
[09:24] | By stalking them? | 跟踪他们吗 |
[09:26] | No. Stalkers are creepy. | 不 跟踪狂多变态 |
[09:28] | I’m just a harmless little girl | 我只是个人畜无害的小女孩 |
[09:30] | with military-grade spy equipment. | 有点军事级别的间谍设备而已 |
[09:34] | Oh, there he is. | 看见他了 |
[09:35] | He’s cute, right? | 他长得还行 对吧 |
[09:36] | Yeah! | 对 |
[09:38] | Can I see? | 我能看一下吗 |
[09:39] | What, now you’re interested? You didn’t even want to come. | 现在你感兴趣了吗 之前都不愿意来 |
[09:41] | I know, | 我知道 |
[09:42] | but you guys make being a crappy friend look fun. | 但你们让做一个损友变得好有意思 |
[09:45] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[09:48] | Yeah, okay, I see him. | 好了 我看见他了 |
[09:50] | It looks like they’re having a nice time. | 看起来他们聊得挺开心的 |
[09:51] | I wish I could hear what they’re saying. | 真希望能听见他们在说什么 |
[09:53] | Yeah, I should’ve brought my parabolic microphone. | 对呀 真该把我的抛物面传声器带来 |
[09:55] | Your what? | 你的什么 |
[09:56] | Nothing. Not important. | 没什么 不重要 |
[09:59] | So you’ve never been married? | 所以你从来没结过婚 |
[10:00] | No. I mean, to be completely honest, I’ve… | 没有 但老实说 我… |
[10:03] | I’ve only been in one long-term relationship. | 我只谈过一场长期的恋爱 |
[10:06] | Oh. What happened with that? | 出了什么状况 |
[10:07] | That’s a good question. | 这个问题问得非常好 |
[10:13] | After five years, | 五年之后 |
[10:14] | it was just feeling like more work than it should be. | 这段感情变得太累太沉重了 |
[10:16] | Oh, that’s too bad. | 那可太不幸了 |
[10:17] | Was he a neurobiologist like you? | 他也是神经生物学家吗 |
[10:19] | No. He’s a theoretical physicist at Caltech. | 不 他是加州理工的理论物理学家 |
[10:25] | I love teaching math, but that would be my dream job. | 我虽喜欢教数学 可那才是我梦寐以求的工作 |
[10:27] | What’s his focus? | 他的研究方向是什么 |
[10:29] | Um… used to be string theory, now it’s dark matter. | 之前是弦理论 现在换成了暗物质 |
[10:32] | But… let’s not discuss Sheldon. | 不过…我们还是不要谈谢尔顿了 |
[10:34] | Let’s get back to you. | 还是来谈谈你吧 |
[10:36] | Wait, you’re not talking about Dr. Sheldon Cooper? | 等等 你说的该不会是谢尔顿·库珀博士吧 |
[10:41] | I’m trying not to. | 我正努力不提呢 |
[10:45] | Do you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[10:46] | No, but I’ve followed his work for years. | 不认识 但我关注他的研究很多年了 |
[10:48] | He’s a rock star. | 他可是学界巨星啊 |
[10:49] | You’ve got to tell me about him. | 你一定得给我好好说说他 |
[10:51] | What’s he like? | 他是个什么样的人啊 |
[10:55] | He really seems into her. | 他看起来相当喜欢她呢 |
[11:00] | I took a video. | 我拍了一段影片 |
[11:01] | I forgot how much fun this is. | 我都忘了这事有多好玩 |
[11:05] | Okay, we saw them. | 好了 我们看见他们了 |
[11:06] | Can we go catch the movie? | 我们可以去看电影了吗 |
[11:08] | Why’d you bring him? | 你为什么要带他来 |
[11:09] | I had to; we’re married now. | 没办法啊 我俩被一纸婚书捆绑了 |
[11:12] | Ugh, I hear that. | 老娘感同身受啊 |
[11:21] | I’m sorry, just one more question about Sheldon. | 抱歉 让我再问最后一个关于谢尔顿的问题 |
[11:23] | Sure, why not? | 好吧 问吧 |
[11:25] | It’s more of a four-part question, really. | 其实这个问题分为四个小题 |
[11:29] | When he wrote his paper on supersingular prime numbers, | 他撰写超奇异质数的论文时 |
[11:32] | how long did it take? | 花了多长时间 |
[11:34] | Um… about an hour and half. | 大概一个半小时吧 |
[11:39] | I mean, wow! | 哇 我的亲娘呀 |
[11:41] | And you were there to see it? | 你亲眼目睹了吗 |
[11:43] | Yes. Yep. We were on a date. | 是的 我们当时正在外面约会 |
[11:47] | Very much like this one. | 跟现在情况差不多 |
[11:50] | I doubt it was like this one. | 我对此深表怀疑 |
[11:52] | I mean, he’s a genius, | 他可是个大天才 |
[11:53] | and I wasn’t even smart enough to figure out | 而我的智商低到无法想通 |
[11:54] | why my wife always smelled of croissants. | 为什么我老婆闻起来总是一股牛角面包味 |
[11:59] | What was the rest of your question? | 你剩下的问题是什么 |
[12:01] | Do you think you could introduce me to him? | 你可以把我介绍给他吗 |
[12:02] | Really? | 你说真的吗 |
[12:03] | You-you want me to introduce you to my ex-boyfriend? | 你想让我介绍我的前男友给你认识吗 |
[12:06] | You’re right, it’s-it’s weird. | 你说得对 这太诡异了 |
[12:08] | No, wait. Do it. | 不 等等 就这么做吧 |
[12:11] | No. I changed my mind. | 不 我改变主意了 |
[12:13] | I’d be too nervous. | 我一定会紧张死的 |
[12:15] | Oh! I don’t know what to do. | 我不知该如何是好了 |
[12:19] | Are we gonna be much longer? | 我们还要待多久 |
[12:20] | I really have to go to the bathroom. | 我要上厕所了 |
[12:21] | Right here. | 早有准备 |
[12:28] | 37 minutes left until the deadline. | 离最后期限还差37分钟 |
[12:31] | Someone will show. | 会有人出现的 |
[12:33] | And no matter what happens, | 不管最后结果如何 |
[12:34] | this is still a fun experiment. | 这都将是一个好玩的实验 |
[12:36] | Not as fun as the night we blew up grapes in the microwave. | 肯定比不上那晚用微波炉爆葡萄好玩 |
[12:40] | We really have led full lives. | 我们的确活得很精彩啊 |
[12:44] | Someone will show. | 会有人会出现的 |
[12:46] | Maybe you don’t want someone exactly like you. | 也许你不想要和你完全一样的人 |
[12:48] | You know what they say: opposites attract. | 你知道大家都说 异性相吸 |
[12:50] | Well, by that logic, | 照这个逻辑来说 |
[12:51] | I should be with someone short, dull and needy, eh? | 那我是该找个又矮又无聊又黏人的那种吗 |
[12:55] | Not to cast aspersions, | 我不是故意要吐槽 |
[12:57] | but I can’t shake a stick around here without hitting that. | 不过我在这儿一挥手 就能打中几个这样的人呢 |
[13:05] | You know, I once drove 500 miles | 我曾经驾车500英里 |
[13:07] | to hear him speak at Stanford. | 只为了聆听他在斯坦福演讲 |
[13:11] | I have a DVD of that lecture. | 我有那堂课的DVD |
[13:13] | Really? Wasn’t it great? | 真的吗 是不是特别棒 |
[13:16] | Not as a Valentine’s present, no. | 作为情人节的礼物 一点都不棒 |
[13:20] | Well, the next time you watch it, | 下次你再看那张碟时 |
[13:21] | I’m the bloke who asked the question | 我就是那个提问题被他评为 |
[13:22] | that he said was stupid and obvious. | 又蠢又傻的那个小子 |
[13:26] | It was the nicest thing he said to anyone there. | 那是他对在场人士说的最友善的话了 |
[13:29] | That’s, um, terrific. | 那还真是厉害 |
[13:31] | Listen, I’m-I’m kind of tired. Can we call it a night? | 我有点累了 今晚先这样好吗 |
[13:34] | Oh, gosh. Sorry, I’ve just spent the whole night | 哎呀 对不起 我一整晚都在 |
[13:36] | talking about your ex-boyfriend. | 谈论你的前男友 |
[13:38] | I’m such an idiot. | 我真是个大傻瓜 |
[13:39] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不是 |
[13:41] | Well, maybe not an idiot, but certainly not as smart as… | 也许还不算是傻瓜 但肯定不如 |
[13:44] | someone we won’t mention. | 那个不能提的人聪明 |
[13:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:47] | But you said you might introduce me to him– | 但你说了你也许会把我介绍给他 |
[13:49] | I’m free on Thursday. | 我周四有空哦 |
[13:52] | Hey, hey, they’re leaving. | 他们要起身离开了 |
[13:53] | What? Here, give me, give me. | 什么 给我 给我 |
[13:56] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God, they’re coming right towards us. | 天啊 天啊 他们正向我们走来 |
[13:59] | We got to get out of here. | 我们得赶紧离开 |
[14:00] | Okay. Well, wait, what about Leonard? | 好的 等等 莱纳德怎么办 |
[14:02] | He and his tiny bladder can take the bus! | 他和他的小膀胱可以去搭巴士 |
[14:09] | Oh, no! | 不是吧 |
[14:15] | She just hit my car! | 她把我的车给撞了 |
[14:17] | What are you guys doing here? | 你们怎么在这里 |
[14:19] | Oh! Hey, Ames! What are you doing here? | 好啊 艾米 你怎么在这呢 |
[14:24] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[14:26] | Omg! | 老天爷 |
[14:28] | Aren’t you Leonard Hofstadter? | 您不是莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德吧 |
[14:30] | Yeah. | 是 |
[14:31] | I saw you speak at Stanford with Sheldon Cooper! | 我看过你在斯坦福跟谢尔顿一起演讲 |
[14:33] | Amy, can you believe it? | 艾米 你相信吗 |
[14:34] | It’s Dr. Leonard Hofstadter! | 这居然是莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德博士 |
[14:38] | No. Pinch me. | 不相信 快把我从梦中捏醒 |
[14:40] | It’s an absolute pleasure to meet you. Can I shake your hand? | 见到你真是太高兴了 能握个手吗 |
[14:43] | I don’t know if you want to do that– I was just… | 不知道你愿不愿意 我才刚刚 |
[14:44] | Okay, never mind. | 好吧 当我没说 |
[14:48] | Amy, I’m never washing this hand again. | 艾米 我这辈子再也不洗这只手了 |
[14:50] | You really should. | 你应该好好洗 |
[14:54] | 60 seconds. | 60秒 |
[14:56] | This is not looking good. | 这可不妙 |
[14:57] | One minute is a long time. | 一分钟足够长了 |
[14:59] | I’ve been telling women that for 20 years. | 这句话我跟女人说了二十年 |
[15:05] | 45. | 45秒 |
[15:06] | 45 seconds is plenty of time for a woman | 45秒足够一个女人 |
[15:08] | to walk through that door and fall in love with me. | 走进那扇门 然后爱上我了 |
[15:11] | You know, probably half that if I break out the old cow eyes. | 要是用上我这双星星眼 时间还要减半呢 |
[15:15] | 30 seconds. | 30秒 |
[15:18] | What if it’s Jennifer Lawrence? | 万一是詹妮弗·劳伦斯呢 |
[15:21] | What? | 什么 |
[15:22] | Oh, that last Hunger Games was not my cup of tea. | 上一部《饥饿游戏》可不是我的菜 |
[15:25] | You thought she was great in X-Men. | 你不是说她在《X战警》里演得特别好吗 |
[15:27] | Oh, fine– I won’t shut my heart to the love of Jennifer Lawrence. | 好吧 我不会拒绝詹妮弗·劳伦斯的 |
[15:31] | Guys, 15 seconds. | 各位 15秒了 |
[15:34] | Maybe she’s waiting to show up at the last possible moment. | 也许她是等着最后一刻出场呢 |
[15:36] | Sounds like a drama queen. | 听起来好爱演的事儿精女生 |
[15:38] | Oh, no. It is Jennifer Lawrence. | 不 还真是詹妮弗·劳伦斯啊 |
[15:42] | 5 Five… | |
[15:44] | 4 four… | |
[15:45] | 3 three… | |
[15:46] | 2 two… | |
[15:48] | 1 one. | |
[15:54] | That’s too bad. | 太糟了 |
[15:56] | Maybe we did make the test too difficult. | 可能我们把题出得太难了 |
[15:58] | I don’t think it matters. Look, Sheldon, | 我觉得这不重要 听着 谢尔顿 |
[16:00] | I believe when the time is right for you to meet someone, | 我相信命里有时终须有 |
[16:03] | it’ll just happen. Okay? | 命里无时莫强求 好吗 |
[16:04] | Not because of a test or a Web site, | 不能因为一场测试或某个网站 |
[16:07] | but because… | 而是因为… |
[16:09] | We are the dreamers of dreams! | 我们是梦想中的梦想者 |
[16:18] | It’s an actual girl, and she’s really pretty. | 真是个姑娘 还很漂亮 |
[16:21] | Answer it! | 快开门啊 |
[16:23] | All right. | 好的 |
[16:30] | Can I help you? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗 |
[16:32] | Um, a-are you the physicist that placed the ad on Craigslist? | 你是分类广告网站上登广告的物理学家吗 |
[16:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:36] | Hi. I’m Vanessa Bennett. | 你好 我叫温妮沙·班尼特 |
[16:38] | Sorry it took a while for me to get here. | 抱歉这么久才来 |
[16:40] | I was stuck in this boring symposium | 我在听无聊的原子光谱学讲座 |
[16:41] | on atomic spectroscopy when I came across your ad, | 想走又走不了 直到看到了你的广告 |
[16:44] | and it saved my night. | 真是拯救了我这无聊的一夜 |
[16:45] | The puzzles were… were really fun. | 那些题非常有趣 |
[16:47] | I’ve never had to translate Klingon | 我还从来没有把克林贡语 |
[16:49] | into ancient Sanskrit before. | 翻译成古梵文呢 |
[16:54] | Well… careful, hmm, it’s addictive. | 小心 很容易上瘾的 |
[16:58] | Chija”e’vlKub je. | [克林贡语] |
[17:04] | Or, as they say in Sanskrit… | 或者用梵文说是 |
[17:07] | Ahm asman matey-bee ta-teyva. | [梵文] |
[17:10] | And just like that, you’re a Klingon-Sanskrit junkie. | 你看吧 你中了克林贡语译梵文的毒 |
[17:14] | Anyway, I-I just… I knew I had to meet the person | 总之我觉得必须见见这位 |
[17:17] | responsible for such a brilliant idea. | 想出如此绝妙点子的人 |
[17:19] | And I don’t need to tell you, there aren’t a lot of men | 毕竟不用我说你也知道 这世上很少有 |
[17:21] | who love physics, archaic languages and flags of the world. | 同样热爱物理学 古代语言和旗帜的人 |
[17:26] | I am a bit of a unicorn. | 我也算凤毛麟角的人物了 |
[17:29] | Well, you certainly seem like a special lady, | 你确实是一位特别的姑娘 |
[17:32] | uh, but as you know, you missed the deadline, | 但你也知道 你错过最后期限了 |
[17:34] | so thanks for playing. | 所以谢谢参与 |
[17:43] | How could you send her away?! | 你怎么能就这么赶她走了 |
[17:45] | She was late. | 她来晚了 |
[17:47] | And…she found atomic spectroscopy boring. | 而且她居然说原子光谱学无聊 |
[17:50] | Well, I wouldn’t coitus her with your genitals. | 用你们的生殖器我也不想和她交配 |
[18:01] | Uh, thanks for driving me home. | 谢谢你送我回家 |
[18:03] | No problem. | 不用客气 |
[18:04] | I’m really sorry about your car. | 很抱歉你的车被撞坏了 |
[18:05] | Oh, it’s all right. | 没关系的 |
[18:07] | If you’re free next weekend, I’d love to take you out again. | 如果你下周末有空 我很愿意再约你出来 |
[18:10] | Um… listen, you’re a really nice guy, | 听着 你是个好人 |
[18:13] | but I just… I don’t think this is working out. | 但我觉得我们不适合 |
[18:17] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:18] | I’m…I’m really sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[18:21] | No, it’s… at least the same woman | 没事 至少我是被 |
[18:23] | that rejected Sheldon Cooper rejected me. | 拒绝过谢尔顿·库珀的女人给拒绝了 |
[18:28] | There you go. | 那好吧 |
[18:31] | If I ever do meet him, we’ll have that in common. | 等我见到他了 这就是我们的共同点 |
[18:34] | Sure. Heh. | 当然了 |
[18:35] | And… he’s kissed you and I’ve kissed you, | 而且他亲过你 我也亲过你 |
[18:38] | so if you think about it… | 如果仔细一想… |
[18:39] | Okay, get out. | 行了 滚吧 |