时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hey, would you like to hear some songs I’ve rewritten | 你们想听听我改编的一些 |
[00:06] | to get children interested in the hard sciences? | 促进儿童对自然科学的产生兴趣的歌吗 |
[00:08] | – Sure. – Really? | -好啊 -你不是吧 |
[00:10] | Yeah. Well, I like music, I like science, | 是啊 我喜欢音乐 也喜欢科学 |
[00:12] | I like making fun of Sheldon. Hit it. | 我还喜欢嘲笑谢尔顿 开唱吧 |
[00:16] | * There was a scientist who had a theory * | * 有名科学家有理论 * |
[00:16] | 原曲来自儿歌 《Bingo was his name-o》 还有拍手跳过音的小游戏 | |
[00:18] | * And James Clerk Maxwell was his name-o * | * 他叫詹姆斯·克拉克·麦克斯韦哟 * |
[00:20] | * J-a-m-e-s * | *詹 女 母 其 斤* |
[00:22] | * C-l-e-r-k * | * 克 扌立 十 兄 * |
[00:24] | * Space M-A-X-W-E-L-L * | * 空格 夂十兄其斤韦 |
[00:26] | * And James Clerk Maxwell was his name-o * | * 他叫詹姆斯·克拉克·麦克斯韦哟 * |
[00:30] | * There was a scientist who had a theory * | * 有名科学家有个理论 * |
[00:32] | * And James Clerk Maxwell was his name-o * | * 他叫詹姆斯·克拉克·麦克斯韦哟 * |
[00:34] | * A-m-e-s * | * 女 母 其 斤 * |
[00:35] | Uh, okay, okay. Uh, we-we get it. | 行了 行了 我们明白了 |
[00:37] | Perhaps you’d prefer this one. | 或许你会比较喜欢这首 |
[00:40] | * The itsy bitsy spider is not an insect at all * | * 可爱蜘蛛 不是昆虫哟 * |
[00:40] | 来自经典儿歌《Itsy Bitsy Spider》 开头两句与《蝴蝶蝴蝶真美丽》一样 | |
[00:44] | * Because it has eight legs * | * 脚长了八只 * |
[00:47] | * And two body parts * | * 身体有两段 * |
[00:50] | That’s pretty cool, Sheldon. | 蛮酷的 谢尔顿 |
[00:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:53] | Do either of you know Beyonce? | 你俩有谁认识碧昂丝[女歌手]吗 |
[00:55] | I’d love her to get behind it. | 我想让她也来支持这计划 |
[01:00] | You guys know the new Discovery class missions | 你们知道宇航局最近在弄的 |
[01:02] | – that NASA’s been working on? – Yeah. | -发现计划吗 -知道啊 |
[01:02] | 宇航局投入成本由低到高分别是 发现计划 新疆界计划 探索计划 旗舰计划 | |
[01:04] | Well, they’re looking to include a message from Earth | 他们想要在里面加入一段来自地球的讯息 |
[01:06] | in case one of them is encountered by alien life. | 以防哪天真碰见了外星生命 |
[01:09] | When I encountered alien life, I-I discovered | 我遇见外星人的时候 我发现到 |
[01:11] | that the key thing was not to sit in its spot. | 最重要的事情就是别抢了他的专座 |
[01:16] | All right, you can’t breathe our air without an inhaler, | 你吸地球空气还得依赖呼吸器[哮喘] |
[01:18] | he’s allergic to Earth nuts, | 他对地球的坚果过敏 |
[01:20] | but I’m the alien. | 还好意思说我外星人呢 |
[01:23] | Anyway, I’m among a handful of scientists | 反正我和少数几位科学家 |
[01:25] | that have been asked to submit a design proposal | 被要求提交一份方案 |
[01:28] | for the message and its delivery system. | 设计讯息本身及其传达系统 |
[01:30] | – Excellent. – Congratulations. | -太棒了 -恭喜啊 |
[01:31] | And I was wondering if any of you guys | 所以我在想你们有谁 |
[01:34] | would like to help me do it. | 愿意来帮忙我呢 |
[01:35] | Are you kidding? Yes. What did you have in mind? | 废话 当然愿意啦 你有什么构想了吗 |
[01:38] | I’ll tell you exactly what you should do: | 我来告诉你应该怎么做 |
[01:40] | avoid the presumption of the Terran sensory input paradigm. | 避免对地球人感知模式的先入为主 |
[01:43] | Yeah, absolutely. | 完全正确 |
[01:44] | You need a device capable of delivering information | 你需要有个能用更多元化 |
[01:46] | across a wide range of perceptual modalities. | 感知传播形式来投放讯息的仪器 |
[01:48] | Any intelligent organism would at the very least need | 任何智能生物最少都需要有 |
[01:51] | the ability to locate the position of objects in space. | 知晓物体在空间中所在位置的能力 |
[01:53] | So the ideal interstellar lingua franca would be haptic. | 所以最理想的星际沟通方式应该是触觉 |
[01:57] | Ooh, how about a 3-D tactile communicator rigged | 改造一台三维触感传输器好让它能 |
[01:59] | for cross-sensory transposition? | 多类型感知传输 |
[02:00] | Exactly what I expected. | 跟我料想的一模一样 |
[02:02] | Two people forcing their ideas on me | 两个人把想法强灌到我脑里 |
[02:03] | and only one gentleman who could be bothered | 而只有一位绅士愿意问我 |
[02:05] | to ask me what my thoughts were. | 我有什么构想 |
[02:07] | You two are out. Congratulations, Leonard, | 你们俩出局了 恭喜 莱纳德 |
[02:09] | you’re on the team. | 你入围了 |
[02:11] | My mommy raised a gentleman. | 我妈咪培养了个绅士 |
[02:41] | Hey. Thanks for coming by. | 谢谢你过来 |
[02:42] | Yeah. I’m excited to help. | 我很乐意来帮忙啊 |
[02:43] | I would have included the others, but… | 我不是不愿意叫上另外两个 |
[02:45] | you know exactly what would’ve happened. | 可你也知道他们来了会怎么样 |
[02:47] | They would’ve taken over the project and bossed us around. | 他们会抢过这个计划 还对我们颐指气使 |
[02:50] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[02:51] | Uh, just this morning, | 就今早吧 |
[02:52] | Sheldon wouldn’t let me put almond milk on my Grape-Nuts | 谢尔顿不允许我在早餐”浆果与坚果”里 |
[02:54] | 知名美国早餐麦片品名 其实并不含任何浆果或坚果 | |
[02:54] | because he said it was a theoretical nut conflict. | 加杏仁奶 他说理论这算坚果大战 |
[02:59] | You should have told him to mind his own business. | 你应该叫他少多管闲事 |
[03:00] | Yeah. That’s better than what I did say, which was, | 是啊 这句话比我当时回答的那句好多了 |
[03:03] | “Fine, I’ll eat them with club soda.” | 我回了”好吧 我配气泡水吃吧” |
[03:06] | What makes them think they’re always in charge of everything? | 他们凭啥觉得自己可以永远掌控一切啊 |
[03:09] | Mmm, they’re alpha males. | 他们是雄性帝王[α]人格嘛 |
[03:11] | What does that make us? | 那我们俩算啥 |
[03:12] | We could be betas. They’re second in charge. | 我们可以当宰相[β] 一人之下万人之上 |
[03:14] | Okay, that sounds good. | 这样听起来还行 |
[03:15] | Or we could be omegas. | 或者我们可以是死老百姓[Ω] |
[03:16] | They get pushed around by the alphas and the betas. | 任帝王将相蹂躏玩弄 |
[03:19] | Okay, that sounds like us. | 听起来的确很像我们 |
[03:22] | Whatever. There’s no alphas here, | 都无所谓了 这里没有帝王 |
[03:24] | and this is your project. | 而这是你的项目 |
[03:25] | You’re in charge. How do you want to start? | 你来做主 你想怎么开始 |
[03:28] | I don’t know. How do you want to start? | 我不知道 你想怎么开始呢 |
[03:32] | I don’t know. | 不知道啊 |
[03:37] | Should we call Sheldon and Howard? | 我们应该打给谢尔顿跟霍华德吗 |
[03:39] | No. We can do this by ourselves. | 不用 我们可以自己搞定 |
[03:41] | Okay. Great. How do you want to start? | 好的 行 你想怎么开始 |
[03:43] | I don’t know. How do you want to start? | 我不知道 那你想怎么开始 |
[03:50] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[03:51] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[03:53] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[04:01] | I bet that started off as a joke, | 我敢说你一开始是为了嘲笑我 |
[04:04] | but by the third one you realized | 但敲完第三下时 你发现 |
[04:06] | there was something strangely enjoyable about it. | 有一股莫名的愉悦感涌上心头 |
[04:11] | Yeah, I kind of want to do it again. | 是啊 搞得人家都想再来一次了 |
[04:13] | I don’t recommend it. You’ll be doing it the rest of your life. | 我不建议这么做 你这辈子都会戒不掉 |
[04:18] | Anyway, if you’re looking for Leonard, he’s with Koothrappali. | 如果你是来找莱纳德 他去库萨帕里家了 |
[04:21] | Uh, no, I actually came to talk to you. | 不是 我其实是来找你谈谈 |
[04:23] | How nice. | 这么好啊 |
[04:26] | Here are some topics that interest me: | 给你提供几个我有兴趣的话题 |
[04:28] | quantum mechanics, trains, flags… | 量子力学 火车 旗帜 |
[04:31] | No, no. It’s about my acting career. | 不是不是 是来谈我的演艺事业 |
[04:33] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:34] | That’s not on the list. | 这不在话题名单之上 |
[04:36] | Oh, wait. No. | 等等 别这样 |
[04:37] | How about we split the difference | 不如我们各退一步 |
[04:39] | and discuss why Austria was an archduchy | 改来聊聊为什么奥地利是大公国 |
[04:42] | and not just a regular duchy. | 而不是普通公国 |
[04:45] | Okay, look, here’s the thing. | 听我说 事情是这样的 |
[04:46] | I like pharmaceutical sales–it’s going great– | 我喜欢做医药销售 干得也不错 |
[04:48] | but I have an audition for a movie, | 但我有一个电影的试镜 |
[04:50] | and if I get it, it could screw everything up. | 如果我得到那个角色 可能会失去现在的一切 |
[04:53] | I know exactly what you should do. | 我完全知道你该怎么做 |
[04:55] | Unfortunately, I cannot tell you. | 很可惜 我不能告诉你 |
[04:59] | Well, why? | 为什么 |
[05:00] | I’m attempting to turn over a new leaf. | 我在尝试改过自新 |
[05:03] | Earlier today, it was pointed out to me | 今天早些时候 有人向我指出 |
[05:05] | that I tend to force my ideas on people. | 我常常将自己的想法强加于人 |
[05:09] | You’re really not gonna tell me? | 你真的不打算告诉我吗 |
[05:10] | No, that train has left the station. | 不 时机已过火车已离站 |
[05:14] | Now, we can play this one of two ways. | 现在我们有两种玩法 |
[05:16] | You can say, “Trains, tell me more,” | 你可以说”火车 再说说” |
[05:19] | or… | 或… |
[05:20] | you can just look at me like that | 你也可以那样看着我 |
[05:22] | and I’ll start. | 我就会开始说 |
[05:28] | What’s going on in here? | 你在里面鼓捣啥呢 |
[05:30] | I am making molecular cocktails. | 我在做分子鸡尾酒 |
[05:33] | This sphere is actually a cosmopolitan. | 这个小球其实就是大都会鸡尾酒 |
[05:38] | How do you drink it? | 那要怎么喝呢 |
[05:39] | Oh, just put it in your mouth and pop it like a zit. | 直接放进嘴里 然后像挤青春痘那样挤爆它 |
[05:43] | I think I’ll have a beer. | 我还是喝啤酒吧 |
[05:46] | First take a picture with me. | 先跟我一起拍张照 |
[05:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:48] | Well, Raj and I always talked about learning | 我和拉杰一直在说要 |
[05:50] | how to make cocktails like this together, | 一起学做这样的鸡尾酒 |
[05:53] | so I taught myself and I’m putting this on Instagram | 现在我学会了 我要把照片放分享网站上 |
[05:57] | so he can see it and feel like a turd. | 好让他看见 觉得自己很屎 |
[05:59] | Say cheese. | 笑一个 |
[06:01] | Is this about the space probe he’s working on without you? | 是因为航天探测器的项目他没让你参与吗 |
[06:04] | You betcha. The very one. | 那还用说 肯定是啊 |
[06:07] | Howard, you’re grown men. | 霍华德 你是成年人了 |
[06:09] | You guys don’t have to do everything together. | 你们几个用不着干什么事都在一起 |
[06:11] | I know. That’s why I’m spending tonight with you. | 我知道 所以我今晚跟你待着啊 |
[06:15] | Trying to hurt Raj’s feelings. | 你是想让拉杰难过 |
[06:17] | With my honeybunch. | 跟我的宝贝一起惩罚他 |
[06:20] | You’re being childish. | 你真幼稚 |
[06:22] | No. He is. | 不 他才是 |
[06:23] | So I have a dominant personality. | 没错 我是有支配性人格 |
[06:26] | We all know that. | 我们大家都知道 |
[06:28] | I’m sorry. What do we know? | 抱歉 我们都知道什么 |
[06:32] | In social groupings, | 在社交团体中 |
[06:33] | I just naturally wind up in charge. | 话事权总是自然而然落在我手里 |
[06:37] | Don’t take this the wrong way, | 你别误会 我不是要质疑你 |
[06:38] | but how many of these little booze balls have you had? | 但你是吃了多少颗这种小酒球啊 |
[06:43] | You don’t think I’m a leader? | 你认为我不是领导吗 |
[06:45] | I was kidding. Of course you are. | 我开玩笑啦 你当然是啊 |
[06:47] | Right. I couldn’t change if I wanted to. | 对啊 我想改也改不过来 |
[06:49] | You better not change, because I love who you are. | 你最好不要改 因为我喜欢这样的你 |
[06:53] | Now, will you need help cleaning all this up when you’re done | 你鼓捣完后 需要我帮忙清理吗 |
[06:55] | or can you do it all by yourself? | 或是你一个人全包了 |
[06:57] | All by myself. | 我全包了 |
[06:58] | There’s my big boss man. | 这才是我的大领导嘛 |
[07:04] | So, often on the front of the locomotive | 通常在火车头前面 |
[07:08] | is a large iron wedge | 有一个大铁楔 |
[07:10] | for clearing objects off the tracks. | 用来清理铁轨上的东西 |
[07:13] | Now, while commonly known as a cowcatcher, | 通常俗称”排障器”[抓牛器] |
[07:13] | 最早在火车头装这个 是为了把铁轨上散步的牛或障碍赶走 | |
[07:16] | I prefer the more accurate “Cow exploder.” | 我喜欢更确切的叫法”爆牛器” |
[07:22] | Okay. Sheldon, let me ask you a question. | 好吧 谢尔顿 我问你个问题 |
[07:24] | If I was at a train station | 如果我在火车站 |
[07:26] | and one train could take me to my current job | 有一辆火车可以载我去我现在的工作 |
[07:29] | and the other train could take me to an audition for a movie, | 另一辆可以载我去一部电影的试镜 |
[07:31] | which train should I get on? | 那我应该上哪辆火车呢 |
[07:37] | Are you using trains to trick me into giving you advice? | 你是在利用火车来骗我给你建议吗 |
[07:42] | No. | 不是 |
[07:44] | All right, then. | 那就可以说 |
[07:47] | You should take a third train | 你应该上第三辆火车 |
[07:49] | where you audition for the movie | 去参加电影试镜 |
[07:51] | but hold off on making a career decision | 但先别着急做职业上的抉择 |
[07:53] | until you have more information. | 等了解更多情况再说 |
[07:56] | You’re right. | 你说得有道理 |
[07:57] | I’m worried about something that hasn’t even happened yet. | 我在担心一件根本还没发生的事 |
[08:00] | You are a wise man. | 你真是位智者 |
[08:03] | Well, Penny, who’s smarter: the wise man | 佩妮 谁更聪明 是智者 |
[08:06] | or the person who comes to him for advice? | 还是向智者寻求建议的那个人 |
[08:11] | Oh, I guess you’re right. | 我猜你说得对 |
[08:12] | Maybe it is the person who asks. | 或许还真是懂得寻求建议的人 |
[08:15] | No, it’s the wise man. | 错 是智者 |
[08:21] | That’s why he’s called the wise man. | 不然他干嘛叫智者 |
[08:24] | You know how I know that? | 你知道我怎么知道的吗 |
[08:26] | I’m the wise man. | 我就是智者 |
[08:30] | I’m sorry. What was I thinking? | 抱歉 我刚才在想什么啊 |
[08:32] | Uh, just out of curiosity, | 出于好奇问一句 |
[08:34] | why didn’t you ask Leonard for advice about this? | 这件事你干嘛不问莱纳德意见呢 |
[08:36] | ‘Cause I already know what he’ll say. | 因为我早就知道他会说什么 |
[08:38] | “Wah, wah, wah, you shouldn’t do it.” | “这个那个 总之你不该去” |
[08:40] | It’s just like he’s here! | 跟他本人在这似的 |
[08:46] | Okay, so we know that previous attempts to send a message into space, | 人类之前已经尝试过将讯息投放到太空中 |
[08:49] | like the Golden Record on Voyager, | 就像旅行者上的金唱片 |
[08:51] | were heavily criticized. | 骂声一片 |
[08:52] | Well, aliens could only play the Golden Record | 外星人只有做一台唱机出来 |
[08:54] | if they figured out how to build a record player. | 才能播放金唱片 |
[08:56] | Although, to be fair, I watched E.T. build a telephone | 不过公平地说 我看着ET用一台学习玩具 |
[08:59] | out of a Speak & Spell and an umbrella. | 和一把伞 做了一台电话机 |
[09:02] | Dude was like a little brown MacGyver. | 那小家伙就像棕色皮肤的马盖先 |
[09:02] | 美国90年代连续剧中的男主角 擅长用普通生活用品作为工具 | |
[09:05] | That would be more helpful if E.T. were real. | 如果E.T.真实存在 会大有帮助 |
[09:08] | Well, my feelings were real when he was about to die. | 电影里它快死的时候 我的感情是真实的 |
[09:13] | My God, when he’s on the table and they use the paddles on him. | 天啊 还有它躺在台子上 他们电击它 |
[09:17] | And he’s all white. | 它全身都变白了 |
[09:18] | They zip him up in that bag. | 他们把他放进袋子 拉上拉链 |
[09:20] | And Gertie can’t stop crying. | 格蒂一直在哭 |
[09:23] | The flower dies. | 花都枯萎了 |
[09:26] | – Okay, let’s talk about something else.- All right. | -够了 我们换个话题吧 -好的 |
[09:28] | So it-it sounds like we need a way to communicate that’s simple. | 听起来我们需要一种简单的沟通方式 |
[09:32] | And doesn’t require outside machinery | 而且不需要外部机器 |
[09:34] | to be built to access it. | 就可以直接读取 |
[09:35] | It’s also a problem because we don’t even know | 这也是一个问题 因为我们根本不知道 |
[09:37] | if the aliens who find this can see. | 找到这个东西的外星人是否有视觉 |
[09:39] | I mean, they might communicate | 他们可能会用 |
[09:40] | in a totally different way than us. | 和我们完全不同的方式进行交流 |
[09:42] | Like when my dog is mad at me, | 就像我的小狗生我气时 |
[09:44] | she tells me by peeing in my slippers. | 她的表达方式是尿我拖鞋上 |
[09:48] | That’s actually a valid example. | 这还真是一个很好的例子 |
[09:50] | Animals do deliver messages through scent. | 动物就会用气味来传达信息 |
[09:53] | Bees talk to each other by dancing. | 蜜蜂通过舞蹈来互相交流 |
[09:55] | Whales have their songs. | 鲸鱼有自己的鲸鱼歌 |
[09:56] | Penny has about 20 different ways of rolling her eyes | 佩妮有20种翻白眼的方式 |
[09:58] | that each mean something different. | 每种白眼都代表不同的意思 |
[10:01] | Okay, so, what it sounds like is, | 好了 总结起来就是 |
[10:03] | what we want is a device | 我们需要的是 |
[10:04] | that can deliver a message through not only sight, | 一种不光是用视觉 还能透过其他感知方式 |
[10:06] | but other senses, as well. | 传递讯息的装置 |
[10:08] | The most basic sense that any space-faring civilization | 任何宇宙文明都应该具备的 |
[10:11] | would have to possess is touch. | 最基本的感知就是触觉了 |
[10:15] | We could make a video-playing device | 我们应该设计一个可以播放视频 |
[10:18] | that simultaneously translates the information | 同时能把讯息转化到 |
[10:20] | into a tactile medium. | 可触摸媒介上的装置 |
[10:21] | All we have to do is rig up a 3-D communication system! | 我们只需要装配一台三维交流系统装置就行了 |
[10:24] | We-we can totally do that! | 我们完全可以办到 |
[10:25] | I know! | 我知道 |
[10:26] | This is great! | 实在太棒了 |
[10:27] | – Yeah, you know what else it is? – What? | -还有件事你知道吗 -什么 |
[10:28] | Exactly what Sheldon and Howard said. | 这和谢尔顿 霍华德之前说的完全一样 |
[10:33] | Well, thank you for peeing in my slippers. | 多谢你在我拖鞋里撒的这泡尿 |
[10:40] | * It’s the eye of the tiger * | * 这是猛虎的眼睛 * |
[10:42] | * It’s the ear of the bat * | * 这是蝙蝠的耳朵 * |
[10:44] | * It’s the whiskers of the catfish * | * 这是鲶鱼的胡须 * |
[10:46] | * And the walrus… * | * 和海象的… * |
[10:50] | Hang on. Not that your song isn’t terrible– it is… | 等等 不是说你的歌烂 它的确很烂 |
[10:55] | …but how do you mention bats and leave out sonar? | 但是你提到蝙蝠 怎么能忘掉声纳呢 |
[10:59] | You didn’t let me finish. | 人家还没唱完呢 |
[11:00] | * And also regarding the bat * | * 既然提到了蝙蝠* |
[11:04] | * It has sonar. * | * 它还有声纳 * |
[11:10] | Hello. | 好啊 |
[11:12] | Look, | 我说 |
[11:13] | I know you guys are upset, but we’ve talked about it, | 我知道你们俩不高兴 但我们讨论过了 |
[11:17] | and we think it’d be beneficial | 我们认为你们的加入 |
[11:18] | for you to be part of the project. | 对这个项目很有好处 |
[11:21] | Well, well, well, did you hear that, Sheldon? | 哎哟哟 你听到了吗 谢尔顿 |
[11:24] | I’m sorry. I was trying to think of what rhymes | 抱歉 我刚才很专心在想 |
[11:27] | with “Nose of the aardvark.” | “食蚁兽的鼻子”和什么词押韵 |
[11:30] | We want you back on the project with us. | 我们希望你俩加入这个项目 |
[11:32] | Well, well, well, did you hear that, Howard? | 哎哟哟 你听到了吗 霍华德 |
[11:38] | Look, we admit it. | 我们承认 |
[11:39] | The idea that you guys came up with was really good, | 你俩的点子非常不错 |
[11:42] | and I’d love your help. | 我也很希望得到你们的帮助 |
[11:44] | I suppose it couldn’t have been easy for you to say that. | 我想要你说出这些话对也不容易吧 |
[11:46] | It wasn’t, so… are you in? | 是不容易 所以你们愿意吗 |
[11:51] | – Certainly. – Sure. | -愿意 -当然 |
[11:52] | Great. | 太好了 |
[11:53] | Now that we’re all on the same page, | 既然大家意见都一致了 |
[11:55] | let’s get together tonight and work on it. | 今晚我们就一起开始工作吧 |
[11:57] | “Get together tonight”? | “今晚一起来” |
[11:58] | Leonard, stop trying to control everything, | 莱纳德 不要老是想掌控全局 |
[12:00] | and give poor Raj a chance to come up with what we should do. | 让可怜的拉杰也有机会做个决定好吗 |
[12:02] | Go ahead, Raj. | 说吧 拉杰 |
[12:03] | Okay, I think we should do it right now. | 我觉得我们现在就开始吧 |
[12:05] | – Tonight works better for me. – Okay. | -我今晚比较方便 -好吧 |
[12:15] | Okay, it’s just an audition. | 好了 只是个试镜而已 |
[12:17] | Why am I nervous? | 我干嘛要紧张呢 |
[12:19] | Maybe it’s a good thing. | 也许这是一件好事 |
[12:20] | Just means I want it. | 紧张代表我很渴望这角色 |
[12:22] | And I can have it. | 我一定能得到这个角色的 |
[12:24] | This feels right. | 这种感觉倍儿爽 |
[12:25] | Why did I ever give this up? | 我当初干嘛要放弃演艺事业呢 |
[12:32] | I’m starting to remember. | 往事一幕一幕涌上心头 |
[12:37] | So, I’d like to try a technique | 我想尝试一种新的方式 |
[12:39] | where no one gets steamrolled. | 让大家享受平等的待遇 |
[12:42] | When you talk, | 你们说话时 |
[12:43] | instead of bringing up a new idea, | 不要一开口就提出新点子 |
[12:45] | respect what was just said by building on it. | 要尊重别人之前的发言 加上”如你所说” |
[12:48] | Uh, building on that… | 如你所说 |
[12:50] | …we should order dinner. | 我们应该叫个外卖 |
[12:53] | How is that building on what he just said? | 你这话哪一点算是如他所说呀 |
[12:55] | Building on what Sheldon said, I could go for Chinese. | 如谢尔顿所说 我想吃中餐 |
[12:59] | Hang on. Building on what Leonard said, | 等等 如莱纳德所说 |
[13:00] | no one built on what I said. | 完全没人是接我所说的啊 |
[13:02] | Building on “building on that,” | 如你所说的”如你所说” |
[13:04] | there’s a new build-your-own pizza place on Colorado. | 科罗拉多有家新开的自选披萨店 |
[13:07] | Building on that, I’d like to remind you, | 如你所说 我想提醒你 |
[13:09] | I’m lactose intolerant. | 我有乳糖不耐症 |
[13:10] | I saw the menu. They have soy cheese. | 我看过菜单了 里面有豆酪可选 |
[13:12] | You didn’t say “building on.” You’re out! | 你没有说”如你所说” 你输了 |
[13:14] | It’s not Simon Says. | 这又不是”我说你做”游戏 |
[13:15] | Yeah, you’re missing the point, Sheldon. | 你的重点错了 谢尔顿 |
[13:16] | You’re out, and you’re out. | 你输了 你也输了 |
[13:17] | I win! Who wants pizza? | 我赢了 谁想吃披萨 |
[13:24] | Penny? | 佩妮 |
[13:26] | I haven’t seen you auditioning in a while. | 好久没看到你来试镜了 |
[13:28] | Yeah, uh, I got a job as a pharmaceutical sales rep. | 我找了份医药销售代表的工作 |
[13:31] | You quit acting? | 你不演戏了吗 |
[13:32] | Well, kind of. | 算是吧 |
[13:33] | But now I get to act like | 不过现在我需要演 |
[13:34] | inflamed heart is only a “Mild side effect.” | 心脏发炎只是无关痛痒的副作用而已 |
[13:39] | I heard you can make good money doing that. | 我听说干这一行可以赚不少钱呢 |
[13:41] | Yeah, it’s going okay, but I do miss this sometimes. | 是啊 待遇还不错 但我有时会怀念演戏 |
[13:44] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[13:45] | ‘Cause I got to tell you, I am so sick of the humiliation | 我告诉你 我可是烦透了这种倍受屈辱 |
[13:48] | and being treated like a piece of meat. | 被人当块肉般对待的生活 |
[13:50] | Chelsea? | 切尔西 |
[13:52] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运吧 |
[13:56] | They’re gonna love you. | 他们一定会喜欢你 |
[13:58] | I heard she’s pushing 40 and everything’s fake. | 我听说她都快40岁了 全身都修整过 |
[14:02] | Yeah. I started that rumor. | 这谣言是我传出去的 |
[14:07] | Okay, since we agree on the delivery system for the message, | 我们已经讨论出了投放讯息的设备 |
[14:10] | maybe we should talk about what the message could be. | 现在可以讨论要投放什么讯息了 |
[14:13] | Well, I think we should show what earthlings look like. | 我认为要能显示出地球人的模样 |
[14:15] | The plaque they sent up on the Pioneer probe | 他们在先驱者号探测器上装的是 |
[14:17] | had a drawing of a naked man and woman on it. | 一对裸男女的画像 |
[14:19] | Yeah, I never cared for that. | 我对那种不感冒 |
[14:21] | It’s advertising to predator races | 简直是在告诉掠夺种族 |
[14:23] | just how soft and squishy we are. | 我们是有多软弱多好蹂躏 |
[14:27] | Squeeze yourself! | 蹂躏你自己去 |
[14:29] | Oh, don’t be offended. | 听了别不高兴 |
[14:31] | You know, of the four of us, | 你明知道我们四人当中 |
[14:32] | you have the most veal-like consistency. | 你最有小鲜肉的质感了 |
[14:36] | Well, maybe there’s a way to appear nonaggressive, | 或许有方法可以表明我们没有侵略的意愿 |
[14:38] | but also be able to protect ourselves if necessary. | 但还是有保护我们自己的能力 |
[14:41] | Like smiling and waving with one hand, | 比如微笑着一手挥手 |
[14:43] | but the other hand holding the severed head of a tiger. | 另一只手里拎个砍下来的虎头 |
[14:47] | You want to send a passive-aggressive message | 你想投放一条放冷箭的讯息 |
[14:49] | out into the universe? | 到太空里吗 |
[14:50] | That’s ridiculous. | 太可笑了 |
[14:51] | Oh, you mean passive-aggressive | 你说的放冷箭是指 |
[14:53] | like posting pictures of you and your wife | 发张你和你老婆吃着本属于我的 |
[14:54] | eating cosmopolitan balls that you know belong in my mouth? | 大都会鸡尾酒球的那种行为吗 |
[15:00] | Perhaps Howard meant passive-aggressive | 也许霍华德说的放冷箭是指 |
[15:02] | like asking our group to help on your project, | 一开始请我们大家来帮忙你的项目 |
[15:05] | and then only choosing Leonard. | 可是最终只选了莱纳德一个人 |
[15:07] | Look, I’m sorry I hurt your feelings, | 抱歉伤你们感情了 |
[15:10] | but you do have strong personalities | 可你们俩都太强势 |
[15:12] | and always end up taking over. | 话事权总是会被你们抢过去 |
[15:14] | It’s not always. | 也没有总是啊 |
[15:15] | What about when we went to Comic-Con | 那次去漫展 |
[15:17] | and dressed like Jabba the Hutt? | 我们办成赫特人贾巴 |
[15:17] | 《星球大战》角色 基本就是一条大型脑满肠肥样鼻涕虫 | |
[15:19] | You got to be Jabba’s head, | 你扮贾巴的脑袋 |
[15:20] | and I got to be his fat slug butt. | 我只能扮死肥鼻涕虫下半身 |
[15:25] | We looked great. | 我们看起来超赞 |
[15:28] | You let a guy sit on me. | 你还让个男人坐我身上 |
[15:30] | He was dressed as Princess Leia. | 他扮的是莱亚公主 |
[15:32] | It made a nice picture. | 合照效果特好 |
[15:36] | I’m just saying, sometimes Raj and I feel pushed aside. | 我只是说拉杰和我有时候感觉被排挤了 |
[15:39] | Yeah. Like when you took Sheldon to Texas | 比如你带谢尔顿去了德克萨斯 |
[15:41] | and showed him all around NASA– | 带他参观了宇航局 |
[15:43] | you didn’t even think to ask me and Leonard. | 都没想到请莱纳德和我去啊 |
[15:46] | You know what? You’re right. | 你们说得对 |
[15:47] | I should have asked you. | 我应该邀请你们的 |
[15:49] | Yeah, and if he does ask you, go. | 如果他邀请了 立马答应 |
[15:51] | It’s amazing. | 老炫酷了 |
[15:54] | Okay, and if we’re talking about being left out of things, | 如果要说被排挤 |
[15:57] | you guys went to Skywalker Ranch without us. | 你们去了天行者牧场也没带我们啊 |
[15:59] | Oh, I recommend that, too. | 那地方我也诚意推荐 |
[16:00] | That was a magical experience! | 简直是梦幻之旅啊 |
[16:03] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[16:04] | Sheldon spent a whole day with James Earl Jones | 谢尔顿跟詹姆斯·厄尔·琼斯待了一天 |
[16:06] | and never told any of us. | 都没告诉我们 |
[16:08] | I sure did. | 还真是 |
[16:09] | Oh, my goodness! | 天了噜 |
[16:11] | Well, from Jabba’s head to ice cream with Darth Vader, | 从贾巴脑袋到跟黑武士吃雪糕 |
[16:14] | I’m having a heck of a ride. | 我这一路走来精彩纷呈啊 |
[16:16] | Yeah, look, | 你看 |
[16:17] | clearly, good things happen when I’m in charge. | 明显由我说了算的时候都有好事发生 |
[16:21] | Now, why don’t you boys step aside, | 孩子们现在何不退下 |
[16:23] | let me knock this project out? | 让朕将此项目一举击破 |
[16:25] | Sheldon, you’re not in charge. | 谢尔顿 不是你做主 |
[16:26] | Raj is in charge. | 拉杰做主 |
[16:27] | Leonard, who’s really in charge? | 莱纳德 究竟谁做主 |
[16:30] | The person in charge, or those who put him in charge? | 是做主的人 还是任命谁做主的人 |
[16:35] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[16:36] | If you think about it, we’re all in charge. | 你想想 其实我们都能做主 |
[16:38] | No, the guy in charge is in… | 不 做主的人才是主… |
[16:40] | Why is everyone so bad at these?! | 怎么每个人都不懂这种问题呢 |
[16:44] | I mean, the whole experience reminded me | 整段经历都让我记起 |
[16:46] | about how much I hated about that world. | 为什么我会恨那个世界 |
[16:47] | You-you know, the anxiety, the depression, the negativity. | 那种焦虑压抑 负能量爆棚 |
[16:51] | I don’t want to feel those things. | 我不想有那种感觉 |
[16:52] | I want to sell drugs to people who feel those things. | 我想把药卖给有那种感觉的人 |
[16:57] | I can’t believe you got up and walked out | 难以置信你居然这么干脆地 |
[16:59] | of an audition for a big movie. | 放弃大电影的试镜 |
[17:01] | I did. | 是啊 |
[17:02] | I-I mean, I walked in, read for the part, | 我进去了 念了段台词 |
[17:04] | then stunk up the place, but then I walked right out. | 然后卡壳了 就马上走人了 |
[17:08] | Well, I’m glad you have a new appreciation for your job. | 很高兴能看到你对工作有了新的认识 |
[17:11] | I do, and you know, I don’t think | 确实有新感悟 |
[17:12] | I’ve ever thanked you properly for helping me get it. | 我还没好好谢过你帮我找到这份工作 |
[17:15] | Properly, at all. | 好好谢还是压根没谢过 |
[17:17] | It’s just words I’ve never heard. | 都是我从未听过的言语 |
[17:20] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:21] | You’re a good friend, and you changed my life. | 你是个好朋友 改变了我的人生 |
[17:23] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[17:24] | Hey, now that you’re making some real money, | 既然你现在也挣大钱了 |
[17:26] | maybe you can take your friend out for a nice thank-you dinner. | 可以请你的朋友出去吃顿大餐表示感谢啊 |
[17:30] | Sure. | 当然 |
[17:31] | And you probably have to invite your other friend | 或许也应该带上你另一个朋友 |
[17:33] | ’cause she overheard you talking about it, | 因为听者有份 |
[17:34] | and it would be awkward to exclude her. | 不带她就太不对了 |
[17:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:38] | How about now? | 现在就去吧 |
[17:40] | All right. | 行吧 |
[17:44] | Don’t forget your wallet. | 别忘带钱包 |
[17:45] | I… | 我… |
[17:56] | Greetings from planet Earth. | 来自地球的问候 |
[18:00] | Just turn left at Alpha Centauri. | 在半人马座阿尔法星左转既是 |
[18:02] | You can’t miss it. | 想错过都难 |
[18:14] | 《星际迷航记》中的瓦肯人举手礼 即”生生不息 繁荣昌盛” |