时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | 2 1 6 4 2 0 Two one six four two zero | |
[00:05] | 1 9 8 9 one nine eight nine. | |
[00:07] | And that, little lady, is pi to a thousand places. | 妹子 这就是π小数点后一千位数 |
[00:11] | I’d say I’m sorry I asked, | 如果我问了你 那我愿意道歉 |
[00:13] | except I didn’t. | 可我连问都没问 |
[00:16] | Oh, look, it’s the Scientific American | 这是刊登了我跟莱纳德 |
[00:18] | that covered the paper Leonard and I wrote. | 合写论文的科普杂志《科学美国人》 |
[00:20] | Oh, let me see. | 给我看看 |
[00:22] | I have mixed feelings about doing interviews. | 其实当时面谈我情绪挺复杂 |
[00:25] | I like the part where I talk. | 我享受我滔滔不绝的时刻 |
[00:27] | I do not like the part where the other man talks. | 但我讨厌对方说话 我得听的时刻 |
[00:32] | Sheldon, this article doesn’t mention Leonard at all. | 谢尔顿 这篇文章完全没提到莱纳德 |
[00:36] | Well, that can’t be right. | 怎么可能 |
[00:37] | It only refers to “Dr. Cooper and his team.” | 里面只写了”库珀博士与其团队” |
[00:40] | Did you even talk about him? | 你中间有提过他吗 |
[00:42] | All I did was answer a few questions about the theory. | 我就回答了几个跟我们理论有关的问题 |
[00:44] | And then expressed my gratitude that Scientific American | 然后表达了我对《科学美国人》杂志中 |
[00:47] | doesn’t include any of those smelly perfume cards. | 并不会附上难闻香水卡片的感激之意 |
[00:51] | Poor Leonard. | 莱纳德真可怜 |
[00:52] | Why? The theory he came up with | 哪里可怜了 他想出来的理论 |
[00:55] | just got mentioned in Scientific American. | 被《科学美国人》刊登了呢 |
[00:57] | He ought to be thrilled. | 他应该会爽到飞起来 |
[00:58] | He might not be. | 他很可能不会太爽 |
[01:00] | Oh, maybe you’re right. | 可能你说的对 |
[01:02] | He is kind of a lump. | 他这人挺傻的 |
[01:04] | Think about it. | 你想想嘛 |
[01:05] | How would you feel if you were referred to | 如果哪天你被人一笔带过 仅被称为 |
[01:07] | as part of Leonard’s team? | “莱纳德博士团队中的一员” |
[01:09] | Oh, I’d be incensed. | 我会怒火烧尽九重天 |
[01:11] | So you see what I’m getting at? | 那你现在懂我想表达的意思了吗 |
[01:14] | Squeaky wheel gets the grease? | “会哭的孩子有糖吃”吗 |
[01:16] | No. | 不是 |
[01:18] | Grass is always greener? | “这山望着那山高”吗 |
[01:20] | Try again. | 再想想 |
[01:21] | Well, I don’t know– we’re all Groot? | 我不知道啦 我们全都是格鲁特吗 |
[01:23] | Just tell me. | 你就直说吧 |
[01:25] | Leonard is as much a part of this paper as you are, | 你们俩对这篇论文做出了同等的贡献 |
[01:28] | and he was overlooked. | 而他却被人忽略了 |
[01:29] | He’s going to feel bad. | 他会不开心的 |
[01:31] | But it wasn’t my fault. | 但这又不是我的错 |
[01:33] | I didn’t exclude him. | 我又没故意不提他 |
[01:35] | And I didn’t write the article. | 而且这篇报导也不是我写的 |
[01:37] | Remember that time you didn’t get picked to | 还记得你在迪士尼乐园时 |
[01:39] | pull the sword out of the stone at Disneyland | 他们没选你而是选了另一个孩子 |
[01:41] | and they let that other kid do it? | 去拔出石中剑吗 |
[01:42] | Oh, that kid! | 那个死孩子 |
[01:48] | Poor Leonard. | 可怜的莱纳德 |
[01:51] | Exactly. | 就是啊 |
[01:53] | For the record, that kid was a terrible choice. | 不得不说 选那孩子真是个烂决定 |
[01:55] | If you cry when you drop your churro, | 如果你糖油条掉地上就会哭 |
[01:57] | you do not have what it takes to rule England. | 你绝对没那个本事去统治英国[亚瑟王] |
[02:28] | Thanks for helping us sort through all my mom’s stuff. | 谢谢你帮忙整理我妈的遗物 |
[02:30] | Of course. | 应该的 |
[02:32] | I know what it’s like | 我明白那种 |
[02:33] | having to go through a loved one’s possessions. | 整理亲爱的人的遗物的感觉 |
[02:35] | My uncle was a worshipper of Krishna. | 我叔叔曾是黑天神的崇拜者 |
[02:38] | But after he died, you know what we found? | 但在他死后 你猜我们发现了什么 |
[02:41] | A statue of Shiva. | 一尊湿婆的雕像 |
[02:46] | It may not be Crips and Bloods, okay? | 虽然比不上咸党大战甜党 |
[02:48] | But in India, it’s a thing. | 但在印度 这也不是小事好吗 |
[02:52] | Well, it’ll be good that you’re there. | 你在场也挺好的 |
[02:53] | Howard’s been having trouble deciding | 霍华德对于判断 |
[02:55] | what to keep and what to let go. | 物件的取舍还挺费劲的 |
[02:57] | Well, it’s hard. | 是很难啊 |
[02:58] | A lot of Ma’s stuff brings back fond memories. | 很多妈的东西都回忆起许多美好回忆 |
[03:02] | Is that why you couldn’t get rid of | 这就是为什么你一直 |
[03:03] | her drawer full of ketchup packets? | 舍不得清掉她塞满番茄酱的抽屉吗 |
[03:06] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[03:07] | It reminds me of us eating out and her saying, | 那让我回忆起跟她一起出去吃饭 |
[03:09] | “Quick, nobody’s looking, fill your pockets with ketchup.” | 她说”快 没人在看 能拿多少包是多少” |
[03:20] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[03:21] | Have you ever noticed | 你可曾注意到过 |
[03:23] | that only my name is on the cable bill? | 有线台账单上只有我的名字吗 |
[03:30] | Yeah. | 有啊 |
[03:31] | Good, good. | 很好 那就好 |
[03:34] | And your name is on the electric bill | 而电费单上只有你的名字 |
[03:36] | and mine isn’t. | 而我的不在上面 |
[03:37] | And I’m okay with that. | 而我也不介意这事 |
[03:39] | Actually, your name is on the electric bill. | 其实电费单上是你的名字 |
[03:41] | Oh, right. | 对哦 |
[03:45] | This is a disaster. | 真要命 |
[03:48] | I don’t even know what you’re talking about and I agree. | 我同意 虽然我都不知道你在说什么 |
[03:52] | Okay, I have to tell you something, | 好吧 我要跟你说件事 |
[03:55] | but you’re not going to like it. | 但你听了一定会不高兴 |
[03:57] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[03:59] | An article was just published | 《科学美国人》上 |
[04:01] | in Scientific American about our theory. | 刊登了一篇关于我们理论的文章 |
[04:04] | Did they hate it? | 是恶评吗 |
[04:06] | No. No, they loved it. | 不 是好评 |
[04:08] | They, uh, couldn’t say enough nice things about it. | 简直要把我们的理论夸上天了 |
[04:11] | So what’s the problem? | 那问题到底在哪 |
[04:14] | You know how the PennySaver only has my name… | 那你知道购物杂志上只有我的名… |
[04:17] | Sheldon! | 谢尔顿 |
[04:19] | They didn’t mention you in the article. | 文章里没提到你的名字 |
[04:21] | Only me. | 只提了我 |
[04:24] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[04:25] | I know. | 我明白 |
[04:26] | It’s not fair. | 这样对你很不公平 |
[04:30] | Let the anger go, buddy. | 让怒火随风而去吧 兄弟 |
[04:33] | You just… | 你就… |
[04:34] | you relax all your muscles. | 你就放松你全身肌肉 |
[04:37] | Except for your pubococcygeus and anal sphincter. | 除了你的耻尾肌与肛门括约肌 |
[04:39] | Let’s keep those tight. | 这两条肌你好好绷紧 |
[04:43] | Uh, that-that’s not necessary. | 不需要这样 |
[04:45] | It is– they’re what hold back the urine and the feces. | 当然需要 它们帮你止住尿液与粪便呢 |
[04:49] | Look, maybe-maybe you shouldn’t read it. | 我想你还是不要看比较好 |
[04:51] | It’ll only make you feel worse. | 看了只会更加不开心 |
[04:53] | “Cooper and his team”? | “库珀博士与其团队” |
[04:55] | You should know I had nothing to do with that. | 我完全不知道他们会这么写 |
[05:00] | At least they’re talking about the theory. | 至少这文章是关于那理论本身 |
[05:02] | I mean, that’s what’s important. | 那才是最重要的 |
[05:05] | You know, you’re right. | 没错 你说得对 |
[05:07] | Yeah. You know, it’s like when Stan Lee and Steve Ditko | 就像当时斯坦·李和史蒂夫·迪特科 |
[05:11] | created Spider-Man. | 创作了蜘蛛侠 |
[05:12] | Stan Lee may get all the credit, | 或许荣誉全归斯坦·李 |
[05:14] | but Steve Ditko knows he was just as important. | 但史蒂夫·迪特科深知他也同样重要 |
[05:17] | Even though Stan Lee gets to be in all the Marvel movies. | 即使斯坦·李客串了所有漫威的超级英雄电影 |
[05:20] | And-and he’s far richer. | 比史蒂夫有钱得多 |
[05:22] | And he’s a household name, you know? | 而且他的名字家喻户晓 |
[05:24] | Whereas, you know, you say Ditko, | 相反 “迪特科”这个名字 |
[05:26] | and that sounds like a company that makes Dits. | 更像是一个做”迪特”的公司 |
[05:31] | That’s not helping. | 这话一点帮助都没有 |
[05:35] | Well, I’d give more examples, | 我本来想多举两个例子 |
[05:36] | but, well, everyone in your position’s so forgettable. | 但跟你一样处境的人 名字实在太难记住 |
[05:42] | Stuart, we’re here. | 斯图尔特 我们到了 |
[05:44] | It’s nice of you to let him keep staying at your mom’s house. | 你真好 还让他继续住在你妈妈的房子里 |
[05:47] | Yeah, well, I tried putting him out on the curb, | 是啊 我试过把他扔在前院马路边送人 |
[05:50] | but nobody took him. | 但没人带走他 |
[05:55] | Just so you know, the power’s out. | 告诉你们一下 断电了 |
[05:56] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[05:57] | I called, they said a transformer blew. | 我打电话问了 据说是变压器烧了 |
[06:00] | It’s the whole block. | 整个街区都没电了 |
[06:01] | Should be fixed by tomorrow. | 应该明天就修好了 |
[06:02] | Wait, when did it go out? | 等等 什么时候没电的 |
[06:04] | In the middle of the night. | 昨晚半夜吧 |
[06:06] | Oh, my God. | 我的老天 |
[06:08] | Howie, what’s wrong? | 华仔 怎么了 |
[06:13] | It’s all defrosting. | 全都解冻了 |
[06:15] | It’s okay. It’s just food. | 没关系 只是食物而已 |
[06:17] | It’s not just food. | 不仅仅只是食物 |
[06:20] | This is the last food my mother ever made. | 这是我妈生前做的最后的食物 |
[06:23] | This is her last brisket. | 这是她最后做的牛胸肉 |
[06:25] | This is her last meatloaf. | 这是她最后做的肉丸 |
[06:27] | This is her last… | 这是她最后做的… |
[06:30] | I have no idea what this is, but… | 我不知道这是什么 但是… |
[06:34] | it’s the last one. | 这也是最后一顿了 |
[06:36] | Everything okay? | 一切还好吗 |
[06:37] | No. | 不好 |
[06:38] | All Ma’s food is gonna be ruined. | 所有我妈做的食物要坏掉了 |
[06:41] | Well, why don’t we take it home and put it in our freezer? | 我们何不把食物都带回家 放进家里冰箱呢 |
[06:43] | You don’t want to do that. | 你不会想那样做的 |
[06:45] | Refreezing not only removes moisture, | 二次冷冻不仅会损失水分 |
[06:47] | but it creates ice crystals in the fibers of the meat | 还会在肉的纤维里产生冰晶 |
[06:49] | that can compromise its taste and texture. | 那会影响肉的味道和肉质 |
[06:54] | What? I saw a teachable moment. | 干嘛 我看见一个施教时刻 |
[06:55] | I dropped some culinary science. | 随便教点烹饪学都不行吗 |
[07:00] | What should we do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[07:02] | I’ll tell you exactly what we’re gonna do. | 我来告诉你我们该怎么做 |
[07:05] | We’re gonna eat it. | 吃掉它 |
[07:06] | There’s, like, 20 pounds of food in there. | 这里大概有18斤的食物呢 |
[07:08] | All you said was I had to get rid of things. | 你只是说我得把东西处理掉 |
[07:10] | You didn’t say they couldn’t pass through my colon first. | 可你没说它们不能先经过我的结肠啊 |
[07:15] | Howie… | 华仔 |
[07:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:19] | Then how about this? | 那不如这样 |
[07:21] | Let’s invite everyone over to dinner. | 我们邀请大家来吃晚餐 |
[07:23] | It’ll be like Ma’s feeding us one last time. | 就像妈最后一次为我们做饭 |
[07:28] | I love that. | 我喜欢这主意 |
[07:31] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[07:33] | Oh, look, we’ve got enough ketchup | 瞧 我们有这么多番茄酱 |
[07:35] | to cover every ounce of it. | 足以覆盖每一寸肉 |
[07:41] | I mean, who even reads Scientific American? | 谁会看《科学美国人》这种杂志啊 |
[07:47] | It’s kind of a big deal. | 这本杂志名气挺大的 |
[07:49] | If it’s such a big deal, how come the biggest celebrity | 如果它这么有名气 那怎么请来拍封面的 |
[07:51] | they could get for the cover is a molecule? | 超超大牌却是一个小小分子呢 |
[07:56] | Can we please just stop talking about it? | 我们能不能不说这个话题了 |
[07:58] | I’m sorry. What can I do? | 抱歉 那我能做点什么吗 |
[07:59] | Nothing, I’m fine. | 不必了 我没事 |
[08:02] | No, no. I’m gonna cheer you up. | 不不 我要让你开心起来 |
[08:06] | Here we go. | 有了 |
[08:08] | What are we doing? | 我们要干嘛 |
[08:09] | I am taking you shopping. | 我要带你去购物 |
[08:11] | My baby is sad, and I’m gonna make him happy again. | 我的宝贝不开心 我要让他开心起来 |
[08:14] | Look, I know shopping cheers you up, | 我知道购物能让你开心 |
[08:16] | but it’s just not really my thing. | 但我对这个真的不感兴趣 |
[08:18] | Well, what about this helicopter | 那这台直升飞机怎么样 |
[08:20] | you control with an iPad? | 你可以通过iPad控制哦 |
[08:22] | Does it have a camera in it? | 里面有摄像头吗 |
[08:25] | It does have a camera in it. | 里面有摄像头哦 |
[08:28] | Baby’s listening. | 宝贝表示感兴趣 |
[08:32] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[08:33] | Leonard? Leonard? | 莱纳德 莱纳德 |
[08:35] | What? | 干嘛 |
[08:35] | I spoke to the reporter at the magazine. | 我跟杂志社的记者谈过了 |
[08:40] | What happened? Did you tell him it was my idea? | 然后呢 你告诉他那是我的点子了吗 |
[08:42] | I did. | 我说了 |
[08:43] | Thank you. What did he say? | 谢谢 那他怎么说 |
[08:45] | He said they made the editorial decision | 他说编辑部最终决定 |
[08:48] | to only cite the lead scientist. | 只登出主导科学家 |
[08:50] | Why did he think you’re the lead scientist? | 他为什么会认为你才是主导科学家 |
[08:52] | It was my idea! | 那可是我的点子啊 |
[08:54] | You know, for an extra four bucks, | 对了 多花四块钱 |
[08:55] | I can have this thing here tomorrow. | 明天直升机就送到家了哦 |
[08:58] | Well, I know it was your idea, | 我知道那是你的点子 |
[09:00] | but the reporter said he’s been following my work for a while, | 但那个记者说他关注我的研究有一段时间了 |
[09:03] | and the only reason they even mentioned it in the magazine | 他们杂志刊登那篇文章的唯一理由 |
[09:04] | is ’cause my name is on it. | 就是因为我的名字在上面 |
[09:06] | You know what? I did it. What’s four bucks? | 算了 我买了 四块钱而已 |
[09:09] | If you’re trying to make me feel better, | 如果你的目的是想让我好过点 |
[09:11] | it’s not working. | 你完全没成功 |
[09:12] | Well… then what if I told you | 好吧 那如果我告诉你 |
[09:15] | that I added your name to the cable bill? | 我在有线电视账单上加了你的名字呢 |
[09:21] | No. | 没用 |
[09:22] | That’s just as well. They had me on hold for 20 minutes | 反正也没加上 他们在电话里让我等了20分钟 |
[09:24] | and I hung up. I… | 我就挂了 我… |
[09:28] | Leonard? Leonard? | 莱纳德 莱纳德 |
[09:30] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[09:34] | Also, Wolowitz invited us all to dinner, so… | 沃罗威茨邀请我们一起去吃饭 所以 |
[09:39] | I’m ready whenever you are. | 你准备好了我们就出发 |
[09:47] | All he had was an idea. | 他不就出了个点子吗 |
[09:49] | Well, that is an important part. | 点子也是很重要的啊 |
[09:51] | Oh, please! | 拜托 |
[09:52] | I have ideas all day long. | 我脑子里天天都有新点子 |
[09:54] | Reverse SeaWorld where dolphins are allowed to pet people. | 反转海洋公园 里面的海豚可以摸摸人类 |
[09:59] | A new clothing size between medium and large called Marge. | 添加一个新尺寸 在中号和大号间加入中大号 |
[10:05] | Snow White retold from the point of view of Sneezy. | 从小矮人中喷嚏精的角度重述《白雪公主》 |
[10:08] | Why won’t Doc prescribe him something? | 为什么万事通从不给他开药治喷嚏呢 |
[10:08] | 七个小矮人分别叫万事通 害羞鬼 瞌睡虫 喷嚏精 开心果 迷糊鬼 爱生气 | |
[10:09] | We finally find out. | 我们总算可以知道了 |
[10:12] | But Leonard’s idea was good. | 可莱纳德的点子真的不错啊 |
[10:16] | Fine. Then Grumpy– what’s he so grumpy about? | 那就从爱生气的角度吧 他到底气什么呢 |
[10:19] | Maybe his girlfriend won’t take his side. | 也许是气他女朋友胳膊肘往外拐吧 |
[10:24] | I’m the one who thought of it! | 我才是提出点子的那个人 |
[10:26] | Well, didn’t he do a lot of the work? | 可是很多部分不也都是他完成的吗 |
[10:28] | But now he’s happy to let people think | 但他现在沉醉于让别人以为 |
[10:30] | he’s responsible for everything. | 一切都是他的功劳 |
[10:33] | And that’s why you get an iPad helicopter! | 所以你才能得到平板遥控直升机嘛 |
[10:38] | Is it my fault I have a much bigger reputation than he does? | 名气比他大难道是我的错吗 |
[10:41] | It’s not your fault. | 不是你的错 |
[10:43] | Is it my fault that my name came first | 论文上我的名字按字母顺序排在他前面 |
[10:45] | on the paper alphabetically? | 这也是我的错吗 |
[10:46] | Not your fault. | 不是你的错 |
[10:47] | Is it my fault that when the reporter cited me | 记者把我记为主导科学家我没有纠正他 |
[10:49] | as the lead scientist I didn’t correct him? | 这也是我的错吗 |
[10:52] | Hey, look at that pretty bird. | 快看那只漂亮的小鸟 |
[10:56] | He always needs all the attention. | 他总是需要成为众人的焦点 |
[10:57] | He’s such a baby. | 跟个孩子一样 |
[10:58] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[11:00] | I swear, he is never ever playing with my helicopter. | 我发誓 我的直升机永远不让他玩 |
[11:06] | Okay, I’ll start heating some of this stuff up. | 我要开始加热这些东西了 |
[11:10] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[11:11] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[11:12] | This is the boutonniere from my high school prom… | 这是我高中毕业舞会戴的襟花 |
[11:17] | …A piece of cake from my Bar Mitzvah. | 还有我犹太成年礼上剩的一块蛋糕 |
[11:21] | Did she throw anything away? | 她真是什么都舍不得扔啊 |
[11:23] | No. | 是啊 |
[11:24] | If I find my foreskin, I’m gonna kill myself. | 要是我的包皮也在里面 我立马自尽 |
[11:29] | Okay, so we’ve got, um, | 我们现在找到了 |
[11:32] | three briskets, four meatloafs, one lasagna… | 3块鸡胸肉 4坨烘肉卷 1份千层面 |
[11:35] | No, that’s noodle kugel. | 不 那是鸡蛋面条 |
[11:37] | One Jewish lasagna… | 1份犹太千层面 |
[11:40] | …two pound cakes that are about eight pounds each, | 2份各重达8磅的磅蛋糕 |
[11:43] | and one giant container of matzah ball soup. | 还有一大盒的面丸子汤 |
[11:47] | Ma always kept it on hand, | 妈妈总是备好丸子汤 |
[11:50] | in case I got sick. | 以防我生病了 |
[11:53] | She thought she could cure anything with her cooking. | 她觉得她的菜包治百病 |
[11:58] | Even the time I got food poisoning. | 甚至连食物中毒也能治 |
[12:03] | From her cooking. | 其实就是她的菜害我中毒 |
[12:08] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[12:10] | Yeah, I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[12:12] | Let’s get started. | 我们开始吧 |
[12:13] | You got it. | 好的 |
[12:20] | I’m never gonna talk to her again. | 我以后再也没机会和她说话了 |
[12:31] | Should we tell everyone not to come? | 要不我让大家今天别来了 |
[12:33] | No. I want to do this. | 不 我想要办这次聚餐 |
[12:37] | Okay. Well, I’ll keep it together if you can. | 好吧 我们都要坚强点 |
[12:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:42] | I’m not making any promises! | 人家可不保证哦 |
[12:48] | Glad you guys could make it. | 你们能来真是太好了 |
[12:50] | Of course. | 一定得来呀 |
[12:50] | Wow, it looks really pretty in here. | 这里看起来好漂亮啊 |
[12:52] | Yeah, turns out half a dozen menorahs really sets a mood. | 是的 6盏犹太烛台还挺能烘托气氛的 |
[12:58] | So, Stuart, have you thought about what you’d do | 斯图尔特 如果霍华德卖掉了这房子 |
[12:59] | if Howard sells the house? | 你要怎么办呢 |
[13:01] | And there goes the mood. | 气氛立马灰飞烟灭 |
[13:03] | Hi. Hello. | 嘿 大家好 |
[13:05] | Oh, and a special hello to Leonard, | 还要特别向莱纳德问声好 |
[13:07] | who needs to be mentioned by name. | 因为他特别需要被提到名字 |
[13:11] | Subtle. | 说得好 |
[13:12] | But you got it, right? | 但你懂我意思 对吧 |
[13:16] | Hey, guys. | 各位 |
[13:18] | I just want everyone to know, | 我只想让你们知道 |
[13:19] | uh, tonight’s not a sad occasion. | 今晚不是一个悲伤的场合 |
[13:22] | Yeah, we just want to have the kind of dinner | 我们只是想重温一次 |
[13:24] | that we’ve all had here so many times before. | 大家都在这吃过无数回的晚餐 |
[13:26] | Good food, good friends, and sometime around midnight, | 一桌好菜 一群好友 以及半夜时 |
[13:29] | heartburn that makes you pray for death. | 令你抓心挠肺的胃灼热感 |
[13:33] | Do you need any help in the kitchen? | 需要去厨房帮你吗 |
[13:34] | No, we got it. You guys make yourselves comfortable. | 不用 你们自己随意就好 |
[13:38] | All right, hey, you two, we’re here for Howard right now, okay? | 你俩记住今晚的主角是霍华德好吗 |
[13:42] | Yes, so please behave yourselves. | 对啊 表现乖一点 |
[13:43] | – Fine. – Of course. | -好吧 -没问题 |
[13:49] | So I heard you two, uh, wrote a paper together. | 我听说你俩一起写了一篇论文啊 |
[13:51] | How’s that going? | 结果怎么样 |
[13:57] | This food is amazing. | 这些菜太好吃了 |
[13:58] | Mm, and not a vegetable in sight. | 而且一点蔬菜也没有 |
[14:01] | That’s not true. | 错了 |
[14:02] | We’ve got tomatoes right here. | 这里有好多”番茄”呢 |
[14:06] | All these bright people sitting around a table by candlelight. | 一群聪明人围着烛光坐成一圈 |
[14:10] | Feels like we could be an 18th century French salon. | 感觉仿佛回到了18世纪的法国沙龙 |
[14:13] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[14:15] | Penny, a salon is a gathering | 佩妮 沙龙是指 |
[14:17] | where intellectuals entertained each other | 知识分子们围在一起 |
[14:20] | with sparkling conversations about issues of the day. | 讨论时下最新的事件 |
[14:23] | Oh, so it’s like The View. | 所以就跟《访谈》节目一样嘛 |
[14:27] | Sheldon, The View is a daytime talk show hosted by women. | 谢尔顿 《访谈》是一档女性主持的日间节目 |
[14:32] | Oh, I’m aware. | 我知道 |
[14:33] | It features Whoopi Goldberg. | 里面有琥碧·戈博 |
[14:35] | She played Guinan on Star Trek: Next Gen. | 她在《星际迷航·下一代》中扮演了吉南 |
[14:38] | Penny, Next Gen refers to | 佩妮 《下一代》是指 |
[14:40] | – Star Trek… – Shut up. | -星际迷航的… -闭嘴 |
[14:43] | I would like to propose a salon topic. | 我愿意提一个沙龙话题 |
[14:46] | Ooh, please do, Rajesh. | 愿听其详 拉杰什 |
[14:48] | The lead in The Hunger Games is a woman. | 《饥饿游戏》的主角是女人 |
[14:50] | Marvel has made “Tor” a female. | 漫威也将”托儿”改成了女性 |
[14:52] | Wait, who’s Tor? | 等等 谁是托儿 |
[14:55] | You know, Tor, the God of “Tunder.” | 你懂的吧 托儿 “雷神”啊 |
[15:00] | As I was saying, is this a sign | 综上所述 这是标志着 |
[15:02] | that our society is approaching gender equality? | 我们的社会逐步走向性别平等 |
[15:06] | Certainly a lot more women are reading comic books now. | 现在很多女性也爱看漫画了 |
[15:09] | It’s true. | 这是真的 |
[15:10] | At the store, I had to put a seat on the toilet. | 我还得为店里厕所装上个马桶坐垫 |
[15:14] | We won’t know if there’s equality | 在女索尔生孩子后 |
[15:16] | until female Thor has a baby | 而其他复仇者们不介意 |
[15:17] | and the Avengers are cool with her pumping breast milk at work. | 她在工作场所挤母乳之前 性别平等还很难说 |
[15:21] | I wonder if only a baby who is worthy | 我在想什么样的孩子才有资格 |
[15:23] | can suckle at the bosom of Thor. | 能吸雷神的奶子 |
[15:27] | Okay, new salon topic. | 新沙龙话题 |
[15:28] | Salons– dumb thing from a long time ago | 沙龙 是从很久以前就这么蠢 |
[15:30] | or interesting thing made dumb by talking about superheroes? | 还是本来挺好的 讨论起超级英雄才变蠢的 |
[15:34] | Discuss. | 讨论开始 |
[15:36] | I don’t believe it matters what the topic is. | 我觉得沙龙的话题并不重要 |
[15:39] | What’s crucial for a salon | 沙龙重要的是 |
[15:41] | is that we conduct the discussion | 我们可以将讨论 |
[15:42] | in an elevated and insightful way. | 变得生动且有见解 |
[15:45] | It’s all about the execution. | 重点在于如何执行 |
[15:47] | Of course you’d focus on that rather than the inspiration. | 你当然注重执行 而不是注重灵感 |
[15:50] | Uh, new salon topic. | 新沙龙话题 |
[15:52] | What’s more important, an idea or its execution? | 点子和执行力哪个更为重要 |
[15:55] | Oh, that’s fun. | 这个好 |
[15:56] | Yeah, good for you, Leonard. | 说得不错 莱纳德 |
[15:58] | That’s a lovely little notion. | 这个观点很有趣 |
[15:59] | Kind of like, | 就好比 |
[16:01] | “I wish I could talk to my uncle in Chicago.” | “我非常想跟我在芝加哥的舅舅通话” |
[16:03] | Yeah, now stand back while I invent the telephone. | 行 先闪边 我发明电话去 |
[16:06] | “Hello? Oh, hold on.” | “您好 请稍等” |
[16:08] | Leonard, it’s your uncle. | 莱纳德 是你舅 |
[16:09] | He says you just got burned. | 他说你炸了 |
[16:13] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[16:14] | You guys. | 你们俩 |
[16:14] | No, it’s okay. | 没事 |
[16:15] | We’re all adults trying to have an intelligent discussion. | 我们都是成人 正在进行知识上的探讨 |
[16:18] | At least I am. | 至少我是这样 |
[16:19] | Howard, what do you think? | 霍华德你觉得呢 |
[16:21] | Well, I guess, as an engineer, | 我作为一名工程师 |
[16:23] | lean towards execution. | 我的答案倾向于执行 |
[16:25] | I spend my days trying to take | 我的工作就是将点子 |
[16:27] | ideas and make them real. | 变成为真实的东西 |
[16:30] | Well said, old chap. | 说的好 老兄 |
[16:32] | I thought eloquence had died; here it stands before us. | 谁说世人再无雄辩 我们面前不就是吗 |
[16:34] | Starting today, it’ll go: Gettysburg Address, | 从今天开始 刚才那段话与葛底斯堡演说 |
[16:34] | 葛底斯堡演说是美国林肯总统最伟大与著名的演说 《我有一个梦想》则是马丁·路德·金最著名的一场演说 | |
[16:36] | “I have a dream” and what you just said. | 还有《我有一个梦想》齐名 |
[16:39] | Oh, now he’s a genius? | 现在他就是天才啦 |
[16:40] | All you ever do is make fun of him and engineering. | 你以前不是一直嘲笑他是工程师吗 |
[16:43] | Leonard, please. His mother just died. | 莱纳德 注意点 人家才刚刚丧母 |
[16:47] | You’re being ridiculous. | 你真是要笑死人 |
[16:48] | Yeah, so are you. | 你也是 |
[16:49] | Guys, if I wanted to hear people be bitchy, | 同志们 如果要听撕逼 |
[16:50] | I’d go to my real salon. | 我就去我的美发沙龙了 |
[16:53] | Leonard, lots of people could’ve had that idea, | 莱纳德 很多人都可以有过那点子 |
[16:55] | but very few people could’ve worked out the math the way I did. | 但只有少数人能像我一样去实现它 |
[16:57] | Lots of people also didn’t have that idea, | 还有很多人提不出这样的点子呢 |
[17:00] | like everyone in the entire world except for me. | 比如除了我以外的全世界 |
[17:03] | Oh, well, apparently Leonard thinks | 看来莱纳德觉得自己 |
[17:05] | he’s better than everyone in the whole world, | 比全世界所有人都强 |
[17:07] | including those fighting for our freedom. | 包括为我们的自由而战的人们 |
[17:09] | Yeah, well, I don’t know about you, | 我不知道你怎么想的 |
[17:10] | but I support our boys overseas. | 但我支持我国在海外的英雄们 |
[17:15] | And girls. | 还有英雌们 |
[17:15] | Hey, you already ruined Thor; give it a rest. | 你已经把雷神毁了 歇会吧你 |
[17:19] | So I’m just supposed to be okay | 所以我就活该忍受 |
[17:21] | with you hogging all the credit?! | 你把功劳都霸占了 |
[17:23] | I didn’t hog anything. | 我什么都没霸占 |
[17:25] | Unlike you and that weird lasagna with raisins in it. | 不像你 霸占着那坨有葡萄干的千层面 |
[17:28] | You want some of this? | 你想要吗 |
[17:29] | I’ll give you some. | 我赏你一顿饱啊 |
[17:30] | Sheldon, Leonard, living room, right now! | 谢尔顿 莱纳德 马上给我去客厅 |
[17:39] | She said my name first; that must kill you. | 她先叫的我 你嫉妒死了吧 |
[17:43] | I don’t know what you think you’re doing, | 我不知道你俩是要闹哪样 |
[17:45] | but this is a very difficult time for my husband! | 但我老公现在可是很难过 |
[17:47] | We’re eating the last food his mother ever made, | 我们吃的是他老妈最后做的食物 |
[17:50] | and you were gonna throw it at each other like children?! | 你们俩还想学熊孩子 把饭拿起来乱扔吗 |
[17:52] | Whatever it is you’re fighting about, put it aside, | 不管你俩吵什么玩意 给我憋回去 |
[17:55] | go back in there and be a good friend to Howard | 滚回桌子乖乖当好霍华德的朋友 |
[17:57] | or there’s no dessert for either of you! | 不然甜点没你俩的份 |
[18:03] | Look at me when I’m talking to you! | 我在跟你们说话呢 看着我 |
[18:05] | And don’t think… | 别想… |
[18:05] | You guys ever notice sometimes | 你们注意到 |
[18:07] | Bernadette sounds like my mom? | 有时候博纳黛特和我妈说话有点像吗 |
[18:11] | I don’t hear it. | 没听出来啊 |
[18:12] | No, not at all. | 哪有 完全没有 |
[18:25] | I don’t think I’ve eaten that much in my entire life. | 我这辈子没吃过这么撑 |
[18:29] | It’s why my people wandered the desert for 40 years. | 所以我们族人在沙漠里暴走了四十年 |
[18:29] | 犹太人祖先出走埃及后 曾在沙漠度过40年的漂泊帐篷生活 | |
[18:32] | Took that long to walk it off. | 才能把肚子里的东西消化掉 |
[18:36] | You see, Penny, the Israelites were in the desert… | 佩妮 是这样的 以色列人在沙漠中… |
[18:38] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[18:41] | So glad you two are done fighting. | 太高兴你俩不吵了 |
[18:44] | Right now, I’m just trying to burp without throwing up. | 现在我只想怎么把嗝打出来才不会吐 |
[18:49] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[18:50] | Physics Today mentioned the paper. | 《今日物理》提到了我们的论文 |
[18:52] | What’d they say? | 他们怎么说 |
[18:53] | Who cares? Did they mention Leonard? | 谁在乎 他们提莱纳德了吗 |
[18:56] | They did. | 提到了 |
[18:57] | Yay. | 太好了 |
[19:00] | Good news, I found more Tums. | 好消息 我又找到抗胃酸片了 |
[19:02] | Yay! | 太好了 |