时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | What color would you like to be? | 你想当哪个颜色 |
[00:05] | Well, I’d like to be green, but you know you always take it. | 我想要绿色啊 可是每次都被你抢了 |
[00:08] | That’s not true. | 没有好吗 |
[00:09] | Any color’s fine with me. | 我哪个颜色都行 |
[00:11] | Yeah, I could be a-a combination of blue and yellow. | 给我蓝色和黄色的结合色也行啊 |
[00:16] | Blue and yellow make green. | 蓝加黄不就是绿色吗 |
[00:17] | Well, then it’s settled. | 就这么愉快地决定了 |
[00:21] | Hi. Ready to go? | 准备好出发了吗 |
[00:22] | Oh, good news, we ordered lunch, | 好消息 我们叫了午餐外送 |
[00:24] | so we can all stay here and play Lord of the Rings Risk. | 我们可以一起在家玩《战国风云:魔戒》 |
[00:24] | 战国风云是一种战旗类桌游 玩家用兵占领领地 再互相攻击直到征服全世界 | |
[00:28] | Sheldon, we said that we would play games with you tonight. | 谢尔顿 我们说好了是今晚陪你玩 |
[00:31] | Oh, no, we’ll still be playing it tonight– | 没错啊 今晚我们还会继续玩 |
[00:32] | this game can easily take eight hours. | 这游戏花个八小时也是家常便饭 |
[00:35] | Sweetie, you really thought I’d want to do this? | 亲爱的 你真的觉得我想留下玩这个吗 |
[00:37] | – No. – Well, did you tell him that? | -没有啊 -那你跟他说了吗 |
[00:38] | – Yes. – Did you say it out loud with words? | -有啊 -你有大声开口说出吗 |
[00:41] | No. | 没有 |
[00:44] | I don’t want to spend the whole day playing a board game. | 我不想要一整天都留在家里玩桌游 |
[00:46] | Yeah, well, you may change your mind when you hear | 你听完可能就会改变主意 |
[00:48] | that this is the new expanded edition | 这可是全新扩充包 |
[00:50] | which contains a more complete map of Middle Earth, | 里面有更完整的魔戒中土世界地图 |
[00:53] | now including the Haradwaith Territories. | 现在还加进了哈拉德威治地区哦 |
[00:57] | I will literally race you to the car. | 我真的要跟你比赛谁先冲上车走人 |
[01:00] | No, no, no, come on, don’t leave. Just try it. | 别别别 别一走了之 试试再说嘛 |
[01:02] | No. We’re always doing what you guys want. | 不要 我们总是在做你们男生想做的事 |
[01:04] | Just once, it’d be nice if you did something we wanted. | 哪怕就一次 换你们做我们想要的事该多好 |
[01:07] | You want to be green? | 你想当绿色吗 |
[01:11] | You know, they really have tried to | 她们的确是有试着 |
[01:12] | like a lot of the same stuff we’re into. | 喜欢上我们迷的那些事物 |
[01:14] | Yeah, we do game nights and video game nights | 我们参加了游戏之夜 游戏机之夜 |
[01:16] | and we watch movies with director’s commentary. | 跟你们一起看导演评论版的电影 |
[01:19] | Oh, my favorite– | 我最爱的 |
[01:19] | George Lucas can talk all the way through Star Wars, | 是乔治·卢卡斯可以整部《星球大战》说个不停 |
[01:22] | I say one word and I’m banished to the kitchen. | 我就说一个字 就被流放到了厨房 |
[01:25] | Yeah, today Amy and I are deciding what we’re all gonna do. | 今天由我跟艾米来决定我们做什么 |
[01:28] | You got it, you girls are in charge. | 行啊 你们女生做决定 |
[01:30] | – Thank you. – Sheldon? | -谢谢 -谢尔顿呢 |
[01:33] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[01:34] | Now that we’re not playing, you can be green. | 现在我们不玩了 绿色给你当吧 |
[01:37] | – Thank you. – And since you’re green this time, | -谢主隆恩 -这次你是绿色 |
[01:38] | I can be it next time. | 那下次就换我了 |
[01:41] | All right, let’s see. What’s something fun | 好了 来想想 有什么好玩的事 |
[01:42] | the guys would never take us to do? | 是他们永远不会带我们去做的 |
[01:44] | Oh, I know– we could go horseback riding. | 我知道了 我们可以去骑马 |
[01:46] | I actually can’t. | 我骑不了 |
[01:47] | My hips don’t open wider than 22 degrees. | 我的臀部不能打开超过22度 |
[01:53] | I rode a very thin pony once. | 我试过骑一只非常瘦的马 |
[01:56] | On the first bump… just popped right off. | 才颠一下 臀部就脱臼了 |
[02:01] | All right, well, what do you want to do? | 好吧 那你想做什么 |
[02:03] | There’s a craft and folk art museum on Wilshire. | 威尔希尔那边有一个手工艺与民间艺术馆 |
[02:05] | Well, that’s Wilshire’s problem. | 那是威尔希尔那边的人倒霉 |
[02:09] | Come on, you know, there-there’s got to be something fun | 再想想嘛 肯定有什么好玩的事情 |
[02:11] | we could do that the guys will hate. | 是我们想做他们讨厌的 |
[02:12] | Hang on, why do we have to hate it? | 等等 为什么非得是我们讨厌的事 |
[02:14] | Three words: Doctor Who convention. | 送你几个字 神秘博士大会 |
[02:18] | I-I did not force you to go to that. | 当时我又没逼你跟着去 |
[02:20] | You walked out of the house in a fez and bow tie. | 你戴着神秘博士的圆顶小帽 还别上领结出门 |
[02:22] | I went so you didn’t get beat up. | 我怕你被揍才跟着去 |
[02:24] | I wasn’t gonna get beat up. | 我才不会被揍呢 |
[02:25] | You were, but somehow I held myself back. | 你差点被揍啊 是我后来突然忍住了 |
[02:29] | You know what you could make us do? Ice-skating. | 你知道你们可以逼我们干嘛吗 溜冰刀 |
[02:31] | The cold air will trigger Leonard’s asthma | 冷空气会让莱纳德犯气喘 |
[02:33] | and it plays right into my well-known fear of | 而且这正中我长久以来 |
[02:35] | getting flattened by a Zamboni. | 害怕被磨冰场车压扁的恐惧 |
[02:39] | Now you’re helping them find ways to make us miserable? | 你在帮忙他们想能让我们痛苦不堪的事吗 |
[02:42] | Well, I’m sorry, Leonard, | 抱歉 莱纳德 |
[02:43] | I’m a problem-solver, it’s what I do. | 我专治各种疑难杂症 这是我强项 |
[02:46] | I actually can’t go ice-skating. | 我其实也不能溜冰刀 |
[02:48] | I have unnaturally brittle ankles. | 我有非比寻常易碎的膝盖 |
[02:51] | Is there any part of your body that’s normal? | 你身上有任何一个部位是正常的吗 |
[03:22] | Oh, my God, oh, my God, oh, my God. | 我的天啊 天啊 天啊 |
[03:25] | – Will you please relax? – I can’t take it, dude. | -你能放轻松点吗 -我承受不了了 兄弟 |
[03:27] | – You okay? – No, I’m not okay. | -你没事吧 -我有事 |
[03:29] | I feel like I’m gonna jump out of my skin. | 我感觉我灵魂快冲出我的皮肤了 |
[03:31] | I told you not to wax down there. | 我就告诉你别蜜蜡除毛”那里” |
[03:35] | It’s itchy when it grows back. | 重新长出来的时候会痒 |
[03:39] | I’m worried about the New Horizons space probe. | 我在担心”新视野号太空探测器” |
[03:39] | 于2006年发射 价值7亿美元 约钢琴般大小 在14年底从休眠中苏醒 正准备对冥王星进行探测 | |
[03:43] | What’s he talking about? | 他在说什么 |
[03:44] | Nine years ago he was part of a team | 九年前他曾在一个团队里 |
[03:46] | that launched a spacecraft to collect data about Pluto. | 他们发射了探测器去搜集冥王星的资料 |
[03:49] | It’s finally close enough, | 现在终于飞到够近了 |
[03:51] | so this morning it turned itself on. | 所以今早它自行苏醒了 |
[03:53] | We hope. | 是希望它会 |
[03:54] | The signal has to travel over three billion miles. | 信号得穿越三十亿英里回来 |
[03:56] | So it’s gonna be hours before we know if it even survived. | 所以得过好几小时才知道它有没有成功到达 |
[03:59] | Now we get to see him flip out because he’s worried | 所以他这副样子 就是因为他在担心 |
[04:00] | it was demolished by space ice. | 飞船在途中被太空冰给撞毁 |
[04:02] | Space ice is no joke. | 太空冰不是闹着玩的好吗 |
[04:05] | I can’t even watch Frozen anymore. | 我现在都不敢看《冰雪奇缘》了 |
[04:10] | Ooh, the philharmonic is playing Beethoven downtown. | 费城爱乐在市中心演奏[玩]贝多芬呢 |
[04:13] | Yeah, well, before you say yes, | 在你答应之前 |
[04:15] | 1992年电影《我家也有贝多芬》 主角狗狗就叫贝多芬 | |
[04:15] | it’s not the movie about the big dog. | 她说的不是电影里的那条大狗哦 |
[04:21] | How come we can’t think of something we both want to do? | 为什么我们想不出我们俩都想做的事呢 |
[04:24] | Because you always pick what we do | 因为每次都是你选我们做什么 |
[04:26] | and I just go along with it. | 我只是跟着你 |
[04:28] | Ah, interesting– | 有趣 |
[04:29] | we’re being accused of making you do things you don’t like, | 我们被你指控整天逼你们做不喜欢的事 |
[04:31] | and here you are, doing the same thing to poor Amy. | 结果一看 你对可怜的艾米也是这样 |
[04:34] | You should point out the hypocrisy of that. | 你应该指出她的行为有多伪君子 |
[04:40] | That’s what I was doing. | 我刚才就是在说这个啊 |
[04:43] | Oh, that wasn’t clear. | 你说得不够清楚 |
[04:45] | Try it again, but this time drive it home | 再试一次 这一次单刀直入 |
[04:47] | with, “How do you like them apples, missy?” | 并送上”自食其果了吧 小妞” |
[04:51] | All right, keep thinking. | 好吧 继续想 |
[04:53] | You’re making it too complicated. | 你干嘛把事情搞这么复杂 |
[04:55] | Why not stick to the basics? | 何不来点基本款折磨 |
[04:56] | Go shopping for clothes | 你们去逛街 |
[04:58] | while Leonard and I sit in those uncomfortable chairs | 我和莱纳德就坐在店里不舒服的椅子上 |
[05:00] | and hold your purses, hmm? | 帮你们看着包包 |
[05:01] | I know I’d hate that. | 反正我是讨厌这样 |
[05:03] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 你呢 |
[05:04] | Well, yeah. | 当然 |
[05:07] | Well, then, it’s settled? | 那就愉快地决定啦 |
[05:09] | What do you say? Sounds kind of perfect. | 你觉得怎么样 听起来是个好主意 |
[05:11] | It does– somehow he managed to take all the fun out of it. | 的确 但被他这么一说 感觉乐趣都没了 |
[05:16] | Well, once again, it’s what I do. | 再次证明 这是我强项 |
[05:21] | Oh, another two hours to go. | 还要继续等两小时 |
[05:23] | The wait is killing me. | 这过程真是等死我了 |
[05:25] | I know. I get it. | 我懂这种感觉 |
[05:26] | When I was in the Soyuz capsule returning from the space station, | 当我坐着联盟号太空舱从空间站 |
[05:29] | plummeting toward Earth at 17,000 miles per hour… | 以每小时1万7千英里的速度返回地球时… |
[05:31] | Before you finish, | 在你说完前 |
[05:32] | is this a story about patience and waiting | 我想问这故事是关于耐心和等待 |
[05:35] | or just another reminder that you went to space? | 还是只是为了提醒我你上过太空 |
[05:40] | A story can do two things. | 两个愿望一次满足嘛 |
[05:43] | Ugh, I feel like I’m gonna have a heart attack. | 我觉得我要心脏病发作了 |
[05:45] | You work in pharmaceuticals– | 你在制药公司上班 |
[05:46] | don’t you have anything you can give him? | 难道没有什么药可以治治他吗 |
[05:49] | All I have is our new urine flow drug. | 我只有新出的尿流药 |
[05:53] | Won’t help with his anxiety, | 虽然缓解不了他的紧张 |
[05:55] | but it’s so strong, when he pees | 但药效强劲 他尿尿的时候 |
[05:56] | he’ll fly around the room like he’s got a jet pack. | 会像穿着喷气背包在屋子里乱飞 |
[06:01] | I can’t stop thinking about it. | 我没有办法不去想这件事 |
[06:03] | You know, worrying won’t have any effect on what happens. | 你担心也不会改变任何事 |
[06:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:07] | Maybe you need to do something more productive. | 或许你需要做一些更有用的事情 |
[06:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:13] | If I make this shot | 如果这个瓶子 |
[06:16] | in the trash can, | 能扔进垃圾桶 |
[06:18] | the probe will have arrived | 就表示探测器顺利到达 |
[06:20] | in perfect working order. | 并处于能正常运作的状态 |
[06:23] | So, in addition to being crazy, you’re resting the fate | 所以你除了抓狂 就只能让你的运动技能 |
[06:25] | of the mission on your athletic prowess. | 来决定这任务的命运吗 |
[06:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:29] | The man who crashed his stationary bike. | 曾撞烂过健身固定脚踏车的超低运动技能点 |
[06:33] | I didn’t crash it, okay? | 我没有撞烂它 好吗 |
[06:36] | My playlist was too up-tempo, | 我的歌单节奏太快了 |
[06:37] | I got light-headed and I fell off. | 音浪太强 头晕于是撞到地上 |
[06:41] | Okay. | 好了 |
[06:44] | It all… | 行不行 |
[06:45] | comes down… | 就取决于 |
[06:48] | to this. | 这一下了 |
[06:52] | You happy? Now you can relax. | 开心了吧 现在你可以放心了 |
[06:55] | What kind of scientist are you? | 你是哪门子科学家啊 |
[06:56] | Everyone knows you got to make two out of three. | 地球人都知道要三投两中才算 |
[07:06] | This isn’t so bad. | 其实也没那么坏 |
[07:09] | That’s easy for you to say. | 你说得倒轻巧 |
[07:10] | Your chair’s not facing the lingerie section. | 你的椅子又没正对着内衣物区 |
[07:15] | Boy, that’s a lot of panties. | 天啊 好多小内内哦 |
[07:18] | You guys comfy? This might take a while. | 你们俩待得舒服吗 可能要等很久哦 |
[07:21] | You know, I don’t understand why women insist | 我不明白为什么女人要坚持 |
[07:22] | on making a big production out of buying clothes. | 没完没了地买衣服 |
[07:25] | No, you’re right, we should do what you do. | 你说得对 我们应该向你学习 |
[07:27] | Have our mom send us pants from the Walmart in Houston. | 让自己妈妈从休斯顿寄来在超市买的裤子 |
[07:31] | They have a man there | 那里有个人 |
[07:33] | who understands my personal style. | 了解我的个人穿衣风格好吗 |
[07:36] | Bye. | 再见啦 |
[07:37] | Uh, I’ve got some bad news. | 我有个坏消息 |
[07:40] | There’s no cell service in here. | 这里面没有手机信号 |
[07:43] | Well, that’s all right. | 算啦 没关系 |
[07:46] | There were plenty of ways to pass the time | 智能手机没面世前 |
[07:47] | before smart phones were invented. | 也有很多消磨时间的方式啊 |
[07:49] | That’s true. | 那倒是 |
[07:51] | I’ll look them up. | 我用手机搜搜 |
[07:55] | Son of a biscuit. | 去他个小饼干 |
[07:58] | Sheldon, it’s fine. | 谢尔顿 没关系啦 |
[08:00] | No, it’s not fine. | 不 有关系 |
[08:01] | What kind of store in the 21st century doesn’t at least have Wi-Fi? | 这都21世纪了 怎么还会有店没有无线网的 |
[08:04] | I’m going to call their corporate office… | 我要打去他们公司总部投诉 |
[08:06] | Son of a biscuit! | 去他个小饼干 |
[08:12] | Let’s see, my armies are going to attack | 我想想啊 我的军队要袭击 |
[08:17] | the Shire from Buckland. | 巴克兰的一个郡[魔戒地名] |
[08:19] | And I roll… | 我的骰子点数是 |
[08:26] | a five and a three. | 一个五 一个三 |
[08:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:29] | And to defend, I roll… | 为了捍卫家园 我的点数是 |
[08:34] | two sixes. I win. | 两个六 我赢了 |
[08:37] | Boy, double-sixes again. | 天啊 又是两个六 |
[08:40] | You know… if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes, | 要不是我亲眼看见 |
[08:41] | I wouldn’t believe it. | 我真不敢相信 |
[08:44] | I wonder how long we’re gonna be stuck here. | 我想知道我们还要在这里待多久 |
[08:47] | I don’t know, but the girls do a lot for us. | 我不知道 但她们为我们付出了很多 |
[08:48] | It’s the least we can do. | 这是我们该做的 |
[08:50] | Oh, that’s true. | 那倒是 |
[08:51] | I suppose it’s only fair we make compromises. | 我想只有双方做出让步才公平吧 |
[08:54] | Look at you, being all mature. | 瞧瞧你 居然如此成熟 |
[08:57] | I don’t know why you’re so surprised. | 我不懂你有什么好惊讶的 |
[09:00] | If there’s one thing I know about after living with you | 跟你住在一起这么多年了 |
[09:01] | for so many years, it’s how to compromise. | 我唯一学会的事情 就是做出让步 |
[09:05] | I-I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[09:07] | You make compromises for me? | 你为我做出让步吗 |
[09:11] | All the time. | 一直如此啊 |
[09:14] | On Earth? | 在这个地球 |
[09:18] | In our lives? | 在我们的生活中 |
[09:21] | That-That we’re living? | 在我们现在活着的世界里吗 |
[09:24] | Oh, yes. I… | 是啊 我… |
[09:26] | Just yesterday, you had a-a big piece of lettuce | 就在昨天 你吃午饭的时候 |
[09:30] | stuck in your teeth at lunch. | 牙齿上有一大片菜叶子 |
[09:31] | Did I say anything? | 我有说什么吗 |
[09:33] | No. | 完全没有 |
[09:36] | I compromised | 我做出让步 |
[09:38] | and kept my mouth shut. | 闭上了我的嘴 |
[09:40] | Like you should’ve, because everyone was laughing at you. | 你当时也该闭上嘴 因为大家都在笑你 |
[09:45] | That is not a compromise. | 你这不是让步 |
[09:46] | A compromise is me driving you everywhere | 让步是我总得开车载你出门 |
[09:48] | because you refuse to learn how. | 因为你不肯学开车 |
[09:50] | Oh, I learned how. Amy taught me. | 我会开车了 艾米教过我 |
[09:53] | What? Then-Then why don’t you do it? | 什么 那你怎么不自己开 |
[09:55] | Uh, well, it’s scary. | 因为开车好可怕 |
[09:59] | And sometimes I get the pedals mixed up. | 有时候我会分不清油门和刹车 |
[10:03] | But, more importantly, driving me to work | 但更重要的一点是 载我上班 |
[10:06] | is one of the things that gives your life purpose. | 是你生存的意义之一呀 |
[10:10] | I can’t take that away from you, | 我可不能残忍地剥夺它 |
[10:12] | so… what do I do? | 所以 我这算是什么呢 |
[10:17] | Oh, come on, I’m practically feeding you the answer. | 拜托 我把答案都送到你嘴边上了 |
[10:20] | I compromise. | 我让步了 |
[10:24] | – Hey, uh, thanks for keeping me company. – I’m happy to. | -多谢你来陪我 -乐意之极 |
[10:28] | I think getting out of the apartment will do you good. | 我觉得出来活动活动对你有好处 |
[10:30] | So… where we headed? | 那我们这是要去哪儿 |
[10:33] | If it’s okay with you, I’d like to go to temple. | 如果你不介意的话 我想去寺庙 |
[10:37] | Buddy, trust me, you don’t want to convert to Judaism. | 兄弟 相信我 你不会想要皈依犹太教 |
[10:41] | I mean, I know I make it look cool, | 我知道我让犹太教看起来很酷 |
[10:43] | but… it’s not all briskets and dreidels. | 但犹太教并不单纯是鸡胸肉和光明节陀螺而已 |
[10:48] | I meant a Hindu temple. | 我是想去印度教的寺庙 |
[10:50] | Oh. Okay. | 哦 好吧 |
[10:53] | It’s not like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, right? | 里面不会和《夺宝奇兵之毁灭神庙》一个样吧 |
[10:55] | Some bald guy with horns isn’t gonna rip my heart out. | 不会有长角的光头想挖出我的心吧 |
[10:59] | Dude, that movie’s an imperialist fantasy | 老兄 那部电影纯粹是帝国主义的幻想 |
[11:02] | that makes the followers of a beautiful and peaceful religion | 把和平又善良的古国国民 |
[11:05] | look like a bunch of bloodthirsty barbarians. | 意淫成茹毛饮血的野蛮人 |
[11:07] | You love that movie. | 你明明很爱看那电影 |
[11:08] | Yeah, it’s pretty great. | 是的 拍得那叫一个牛逼 |
[11:14] | I’m surprised to see you suddenly get religious. | 你怎么突然开始相信宗教了 |
[11:17] | Why? | 此话怎讲 |
[11:18] | Well, because I’ve known you for ten years | 因为我认识你十年了 |
[11:21] | and you’ve never gone to temple, | 你从来没去过寺庙 |
[11:22] | you never talked about believing in God, | 你从没说过自己相信神 |
[11:25] | and last Diwali I watched you eat two pounds of sacred cow | 上一次的印度排灯节 我亲眼目睹你在巴西牛排店 |
[11:28] | at a Brazilian steak house. | 吞下了两磅圣牛肉 |
[11:31] | Religion is a very personal thing. | 宗教信仰是很私人的事 |
[11:35] | I do go to temple– I just… I don’t talk about it. | 我是有去寺庙啊 我只是没说而已 |
[11:37] | Yeah, but you’re a scientist. | 可你是一位科学家啊 |
[11:39] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[11:40] | So, as a scientist, you believe the way to understand the universe | 身为科学家 你应该相信只有事实和证据 |
[11:42] | is through facts and evidence, | 才是认识宇宙的唯一方法 |
[11:43] | and now you’re counting on some | 怎么现在你又求助于 |
[11:45] | blue chick with a hundred arms to help you? | 长了一百只胳膊的恒河蓝妹子[希瓦神]了吗 |
[11:48] | That is so offensive. | 你这么说太不敬了 |
[11:50] | Does everything you know about Hinduism come from Indiana Jones? | 你所有的印度教知识都是来自于《夺宝奇兵》吗 |
[11:52] | No. There’s also Apu from The Simpsons. | 不 还有《辛普森一家》中的印度非法移民阿普 |
[11:56] | Well, lots of scientists believe in God. | 很多科学家都相信上帝的 |
[12:00] | Okay? Newton, uh, Faraday, | 牛顿 法拉第 |
[12:03] | uh, Pascal– all were believers. | 帕斯卡 都是有神论者 |
[12:05] | Even Einstein was famous for | 就连爱因斯坦也是啊 |
[12:06] | attacking quantum theory on the grounds that | 那句反驳量子力学理论的名言 |
[12:08] | “God does not play dice with the universe.” | “上帝不会掷骰子” |
[12:11] | Well, of course he believed in God– | 他当然相信上帝啦 |
[12:12] | he slept with Marilyn Monroe. | 他跟女神玛丽莲·梦露都睡过了 |
[12:15] | Actually there’s no proof of that. | 这事没有证据好吗 |
[12:16] | You believe in your religion, I’ll believe in mine. | 你有你的信仰 我有我的性仰 |
[12:22] | How’s it going in there? | 你试得怎么样啊 |
[12:25] | Not really a great outfit for work, | 这件上班穿不太合适 |
[12:28] | unless something opens up in the hookers and whores division. | 除非我们新开了站街女部门 |
[12:33] | – Hey, can I ask you something? – Sure. | -我能问你件事吗 -问呀 |
[12:35] | Do I really force you to do things you don’t want to? | 我真的会逼你做你不想做的事吗 |
[12:38] | Yeah, but it’s okay. | 是的 不过我不介意 |
[12:40] | How is it okay? | 怎么能不介意呢 |
[12:41] | I promised myself, if I ever got friends, | 我发过誓 如果我能交到朋友 |
[12:43] | I’d do whatever they said. | 我一定乖乖听他们的话 |
[12:46] | Really, I’m lucky you found me before a cult did. | 我能在遇到邪教之前认识你 真是太幸运了 |
[12:51] | Well, you know, that was a long time ago. | 可那是很久以前的事了 |
[12:53] | You’re a different woman now. | 你现在是不同的人了 |
[12:54] | You’re smart, you’ve got great friends, | 你聪明 你有很多好朋友 |
[12:57] | you’ve got a boyfriend, you’re pretty, | 你有男朋友 你也变漂亮了 |
[12:59] | you have zero fashion sense, but… | 你对时尚完全没有概念 可是… |
[13:02] | Anyway, tonight we’re gonna do whatever you want. | 总之 今晚你来决定我们干什么吧 |
[13:05] | – Really? – Absolutely. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[13:06] | You name it, we’re doing it. | 你提议 我们就去做 |
[13:09] | Basket weaving at the craft museum. | 我们去手工博物馆编篮子吧 |
[13:13] | Well, you named it. | 好吧 你都提了 |
[13:19] | Oh, here’s another one. | 我又想起了一个 |
[13:21] | I wish that the apple pancake mix was on the top shelf | 我想把苹果煎饼粉放在架子最高层 |
[13:25] | because it starts with an “A,” | 因为苹果是以字母A开头的[Apple] |
[13:27] | but I don’t put it there | 但我却没这么做 |
[13:29] | because I don’t want you breaking one of your little legs | 因为我不想让你为我做早饭时 |
[13:31] | when you’re supposed to be making my breakfast. | 摔断你的小短腿 |
[13:36] | Is it my turn to talk about the compromises I make? | 轮到我说我做出的让步了吗 |
[13:40] | I wasn’t done, but go ahead. | 我还没说完 不过你说吧 |
[13:44] | He said, compromising. | 他让了一步 说道 |
[13:47] | Because of you, I’m not allowed | 就因为你 我不能 |
[13:49] | to adjust the temperature in my own home. | 调节自己家里的温度 |
[13:51] | I’m not allowed to whistle. | 也不能吹口哨 |
[13:52] | I don’t wear shoes that might squeak. | 不能穿可能会吱吱叫的鞋子 |
[13:55] | Well, you’re a physicist, not a circus clown. | 你是物理学家 不是马戏团小丑 |
[13:59] | Sheldon, do you realize I don’t live with the woman I love | 谢尔顿 你知道我不能和我爱的女人住在一起 |
[14:02] | because of you? | 都是因为你吗 |
[14:04] | No other reason. Just you. | 没有其他理由 只是因为你 |
[14:06] | – Is that true? – Yes, it’s true. | -这是真的吗 -是真的 |
[14:08] | The last time I brought it up, you had an emotional breakdown | 上次我提到这事时 你精神崩溃了 |
[14:10] | and got on a train and ran away. | 跳上火车离家出走 |
[14:12] | Well, given my history on the subject, | 考虑到我对这事的历史反应 |
[14:14] | it seems a little reckless to bring it up now. | 你现在提它是不是有点莽撞呢 |
[14:19] | You have no idea how much you inconvenience | 你完全不知道你给身边的每一个人 |
[14:22] | the lives of everyone around you. | 造成了多大的麻烦 |
[14:23] | It’s exhausting! | 我都要累死了 |
[14:25] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[14:27] | You think you’re so tolerant, | 你自以为宽容大量 |
[14:29] | but the truth is… | 但事实是… |
[14:31] | you’re mean to me a lot. | 你常对我很过分 |
[14:33] | Yeah, you think that I don’t notice all those sarcastic comments | 没错 你以为我听不出你那些冷嘲热讽 |
[14:36] | and those eye rolls, but I do. Hmm? | 看不到你猛翻的那些白眼吗 我都知道 |
[14:38] | I have excellent peripheral vision. | 我有着出色的周边视觉 |
[14:42] | On a good day, I can see my ears. | 天好的时候 我连自己耳朵都看得到 |
[14:47] | Sheldon, I-I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings. | 谢尔顿 如果我伤到了你 我道歉 |
[14:50] | I’ve been holding a lot of this in for a while. | 但这些话我已经憋了很久了 |
[14:52] | Well, I’m sorry, too. | 那我也道歉 |
[14:53] | And if you want to live with Penny, | 而且如果你想和佩妮住在一起 |
[14:55] | then I think you should. | 那你就去吧 |
[14:57] | – Do you mean that? – Yes. | -你是真心的吗 -是的 |
[14:59] | Yeah, just put on your squeaky shoes and… | 穿好你那吱吱乱响的鞋… |
[15:01] | your way out of my life. | 吱吱吱地离开我的生活 |
[15:06] | Come on, don’t get upset. | 别这样 别不高兴嘛 |
[15:09] | I’m not upset. | 我才没有不高兴 |
[15:11] | I’m just imagining a world without my best friend in it. | 我只是在想象没有我最好朋友的世界是如何 |
[15:16] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[15:17] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[15:19] | I-I’m not leaving your world. | 我不是要离开你的世界 |
[15:22] | I’m just talking about living across the hall. | 只是搬到你对门去住 |
[15:24] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[15:25] | Either way, I want you to know that… | 不论如何 我希望你了解… |
[15:28] | I’m aware of how difficult I can be. | 我知道我有多难搞 |
[15:30] | So I just want to say… | 所以我只是想说… |
[15:33] | thank you for putting up with me. | 谢谢你一直包容我 |
[15:37] | Buddy… | 兄弟 |
[15:42] | How are you guys getting alo…? | 你们过得如何… |
[15:44] | What? Why are there tears? | 怎么了 怎么都哭了 |
[15:47] | Everything’s fine. | 没有事 |
[15:48] | We just started talking about living arrangements. | 我们刚刚在聊住所安排 |
[15:50] | Are you crazy? You know he’s a flight risk. | 你疯了吗 你知道他有潜逃前科的 |
[15:55] | That’s exactly what I told him. | 我也是这么跟他说的 |
[15:58] | Sheldon, we know this is a sensitive subject, | 谢尔顿 我们知道你对这事很敏感 |
[16:00] | and Leonard’s not gonna move out until you’re ready. | 你没准备好之前 莱纳德是不会搬走的 |
[16:05] | Well, what if you did it gradually? | 要不你缓缓而离呢 |
[16:09] | All right. Well… | 好的 |
[16:11] | how about we start with two nights a week | 从每周两天晚上 |
[16:14] | I live with Penny? | 我住佩妮家开始 |
[16:16] | How about one night and… | 或者一晚 再加上… |
[16:20] | I let you whistle? | 我让你吹口哨 怎么样 |
[16:26] | Okay. | 成交 |
[16:27] | When I’m not home. | 我不在家的时才能吹 |
[16:31] | You got it. | 说好了 |
[16:34] | There we go, | 就是这样 |
[16:35] | compromising again. | 又让步了 |
[16:38] | We really are the best. | 我们真是最佳朋友 |
[16:48] | Here we go, | 就是这 |
[16:50] | my first Hindu temple. | 我去的第一间印度寺庙 |
[16:51] | You see behind the fountain, | 你看喷泉后面 |
[16:53] | that tower that looks like a pyramid? | 看起来像角锥体的塔 |
[16:55] | It’s called a Sikhara. | 这叫塔状室顶 |
[16:57] | It symbolizes the-the connection between the human and the divine. | 象征着人类和神的联系 |
[17:02] | I always thought it was mini golf. | 我一直以为它是迷你高尔夫球场呢 |
[17:05] | – All right. Shall we? – Yeah. | -好吧 走吗 -好 |
[17:07] | Just, uh, is there anything I should know | 在进去之前 有什么事 |
[17:11] | – before I go in? – Like what? | -你要嘱咐我吗 -比如什么 |
[17:13] | Like am I dressed okay? | 我的衣着是否得体 |
[17:16] | Really? So every other place you’ve been, | 你说真的吗 你以为你这身衣服 |
[17:18] | you thought this was fine? | 去其他地方就得体了吗 |
[17:22] | I know you’re under a lot of pressure, | 我知道你压力很大 |
[17:23] | so I’m gonna let that pass. | 这事我就不计较了 |
[17:25] | Sorry. You’re right. | 抱歉 你说得对 |
[17:26] | I’m so stressed. | 我压力太大了 |
[17:28] | But you know what, whenever I walk into that temple | 你知道吗 不管何时我走进那间寺庙 |
[17:32] | I realize that whatever happens, it’s okay. | 就会懂得 不论发生什么 都没关系 |
[17:35] | We’re all part of an immense pattern, | 我们都是无边宏大的规律中的一部分 |
[17:37] | and though we can’t understand it, we can be happy to know | 虽然无法参透 但只要想到 |
[17:39] | that it’s-it’s working its will through us. | 神明一直在我们身边守护便觉得开心 |
[17:43] | That’s nice. | 说得真好 |
[17:45] | Whether you call it God or the universe or the self, | 不管你叫它上帝 宇宙 或是自我 |
[17:47] | we’re all interconnected, and that’s just a beautiful… | 我们都是相互有联系的 美好的… |
[17:51] | Son of a bitch! That guy just dinged my car! | 王八羔子 那人碰到我的车了 |
[17:56] | S-Seriously? | 你不是吧 |
[17:58] | Y-You were just gonna drive away? | 你打算就这么一走了之吗 |
[17:59] | Like my life isn’t hard enough right now. | 我的生活还不够惨吗 |
[18:02] | A space probe might be destroyed, | 一个航天探测器可能已经毁了 |
[18:05] | my parents are going through an awful divorce, | 我的父母正经历一场难堪的离婚 |
[18:07] | the guy who cuts my dog’s hair just gave her bangs! | 我的狗被剪毛的剪了个马桶盖头 |
[18:11] | – Raj. – You saw her. | -拉杰 -你也看到狗了 |
[18:13] | She looks like Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber! | 简直像《阿呆和阿瓜》里的金·凯瑞 |
[18:17] | Raj, you just got a text. | 拉杰 你收到条信息 |
[18:19] | The probe turned on. It’s fine. | 探测器成功启动了 没事了 |
[18:23] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[18:26] | Namaste, Grandpa. | 小生有礼了 老爷爷 |
[18:36] | I thought this was gonna be boring, | 我本以为会很无聊呢 |
[18:38] | but it’s actually kind of fun. | 没想到还挺有意思 |
[18:40] | Don’t tell Amy that. We’ll be here every Sunday. | 别跟艾米说 不然每个礼拜日都得来 |
[18:44] | Sheldon, that really is an excellent basket. | 谢尔顿 你这个篮子编的真不错 |
[18:47] | It’s not a basket. | 这不是篮子 |
[18:48] | It’s a soldier’s helmet from 16th century China. | 这是十六世纪古中国的士兵头盔 |
[18:55] | Very nice. | 帅呆了 |
[18:57] | Yeah, it looks great. | 对 真帅 |
[19:02] | I saw that. | 我看到了 |
[19:11] | Well, roomie, it’s only one night a week, | 室友 虽然每周只有一晚 |
[19:14] | but it’s a start. | 但也算是一个开始 |
[19:15] | I know. I’m really proud of Sheldon. | 我知道 真为谢尔顿骄傲 |
[19:17] | Yeah, I’m proud of him, too. | 我也为他感到骄傲 |
[19:19] | Can you keep it down? | 你们能小点声吗 |
[19:20] | Some of us are trying to sleep out here. | 外面还有人想睡觉呢 |