时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hey, I read that someone invented a way | 我读到有人发明了一种 |
[00:06] | to covert your footsteps into electromagnetic energy, | 可以把脚步转换为电磁能量的方法 |
[00:08] | so you can charge your cell phone while walking. | 这样就能边走路边给手机充电了 |
[00:10] | We had that idea years ago. | 这点子我们几年前就想到了 |
[00:12] | How come we never did anything with it? | 当初我们怎么没想过去实践呢 |
[00:14] | Probably because we left the diagram of it in the restaurant, | 大概是因为当时我们把设计稿忘在餐厅 |
[00:16] | and none of us wanted to walk back. | 却没人愿意走回去拿吧 |
[00:20] | I know the real reason you never made progress with that idea. | 我知道你在这计划上毫无成果的真正原因 |
[00:23] | You thought of it September 22, 2007. | 你于2007年9月22号想到这个点子 |
[00:27] | Two days later, Penny moved in, | 两天后 佩妮搬进公寓了 |
[00:29] | and so much blood rushed to your genitals, | 你全身的血液都灌进了你的小弟弟 |
[00:31] | your brain became a ghost town. | 于是你的脑子就废了 |
[00:35] | That’s not what happened. | 才不是这样呢 |
[00:37] | I remember it distinctly | 我记得非常清楚 |
[00:39] | because I had just composed my annual poem | 因为当时我刚创作了一首年度诗歌 |
[00:41] | 美国最著名的儿童教育绘本作家 死于1991年9月24日 | |
[00:41] | commemorating the anniversary of Dr. Seuss’s death. | 以在苏斯博士的逝世纪念日追忆他 |
[00:44] | No one wants to hear it. | 我们不想听 |
[00:45] | Why, die. | 为何 死去 |
[00:47] | Why did he die? | 为何 他会 死去 |
[00:48] | Old, told. | 人说 老了 |
[00:49] | I was told he was old. | 人说 他是 老了 |
[00:52] | Penny is not the reason I didn’t pursue that idea. | 我不实践那个点子不是因为佩妮 |
[00:55] | Oh, really? Since meeting her, | 是吗 那自从认识她后 |
[00:57] | what have been your greatest accomplishments? | 你最大的成就都有什么 |
[00:59] | Easy. | 很好答 |
[01:00] | Sleeping with Penny. | 跟佩妮上床 |
[01:02] | Getting Penny to go back out with him after she dumped him. | 佩妮甩了他之后 又成功把她拐回来 |
[01:05] | Tricking Penny into getting engaged. | 还拐佩妮订了婚 |
[01:07] | And a few weeks ago, he almost did a pull-up. | 还有几周前 他差点成功做了一个引体向上哦 |
[01:12] | I think someone owes me an apology. | 某人貌似该给我磕头认错哦 |
[01:16] | Well, don’t feel bad. | 别难过了 |
[01:17] | I think we’ve all been distracted | 我觉得自从我们的生活 |
[01:19] | since the girls entered our lives. | 有了女人后 我们都分心了 |
[01:21] | You admit Amy’s a distraction? | 所以你承认艾米让你分心了吗 |
[01:23] | Oh, very much so. | 太扰乱了 |
[01:24] | Listen to this. This is from two days ago. | 你们评评理 这短信是两天前发的 |
[01:27] | “Hi. Hope you’re having a good day.” | “你好 希望你今天过得愉快” |
[01:30] | Who has time for this constant sexting? | 谁有空回她没完没了的调情短信呀 |
[01:34] | Well, maybe we have lost our focus. | 或许我们的注意力是被分散了 |
[01:37] | It wouldn’t kill us to get together and brainstorm ideas. | 我们聚在一起来场头脑风暴也未尝不可 |
[01:41] | Ooh, we could have one of those retreats. | 我们可以来一场那种集思会 |
[01:43] | Like our own science retreat. | 就像我们四个人的科学集思会 |
[01:44] | My cousin has a cabin out in the woods. | 我表哥有一间林间小屋 |
[01:46] | I’m not going to a cabin in the woods. | 我不要去林间小屋 |
[01:49] | Did you see the movie Cabin in the Woods? | 你们没看过《林间小屋》吗 |
[01:49] | 电影讲述5个好朋友来到了密林深处的一座小木屋 可怕的事情接二连三地发生 | |
[01:52] | Then we’ll go to a hotel. | 那我们去酒店好了 |
[01:54] | A hotel? Did you see The Shining? | 酒店 你们没看过《闪灵》吗 |
[01:54] | 电影讲述一个作家接受了一份酒店冬天看门的工作 当主角一家住进酒店后 诡异的事情接二连三地发生 | |
[01:58] | We could go up to Big Bear | 我们可以去大熊湖 |
[01:59] | and get a house on the lake. | 找一间湖边小屋 |
[02:00] | Did you see The Lake House? | 你们没看过《湖边小屋》吗 |
[02:00] | 2006年浪漫戏剧电影 是韩国电影《触不到的恋人》的美国重制版本 | |
[02:03] | Nothing bad happens in The Lake House. | 《湖边小屋》里没发生恐怖事件啊 |
[02:06] | Yeah, well, no, not to them. To me. | 没发生在主角身上 发生在我身上了 |
[02:09] | Time traveling mailbox. | 能穿梭时光的邮箱 |
[02:11] | The only time that traveled | 这部烂片里唯一穿梭的 |
[02:11] | was an hour and half of my life down the toilet. | 就是我穿梭进粪坑里一个半小时的青春年华 |
[02:14] | Fine. Then we’ll just stay here and do it. | 好吧 那我们就待在这里开会 |
[02:16] | Well, you didn’t suggest a beach house. | 你怎么不问去不去海滨小屋 |
[02:18] | You would go to a beach house? | 你愿意去吗 |
[02:19] | Well, good Lord, no– have you seen Jaws? | 当然不去 你没看过《大白鲨》吗 |
[02:19] | 电影讲述一个海滨小镇出现一头巨大的食人大白鲨 导致多名游客命丧其口 | |
[02:49] | So, the guys and I are talking about | 我们四个在讨论 |
[02:51] | having kind of a science retreat this weekend. | 这周末开一个科学集思会 |
[02:53] | I just wanted to know if that’s okay. | 我想询问下你意见 |
[02:55] | You and I had talked about going to brunch on Sunday… | 因为我们之前说周日要一起吃早午餐 |
[02:57] | Want to go to Vegas this weekend? | 这周末想去拉斯维加斯吗 |
[02:58] | Of course I do. | 当然想 |
[03:00] | Bernadette? | 伯纳黛特 |
[03:00] | Girl’s weekend. Vegas. You in? | 闺蜜去拉斯维加斯过周末 去吗 |
[03:01] | – Hell, yeah! – Yes! | -当然去 -那就定了 |
[03:03] | – I’ll check flights. – I’ll check hotels. | -我去查机票 -我来查酒店 |
[03:05] | I’ll check my underpants. | 我去检查我的内裤 |
[03:06] | I’m so excited, I think I peed. | 我激动到貌似都尿了 |
[03:17] | They seem okay with it. | 她们完全没意见 |
[03:25] | I didn’t think you’d make it. | 我还以为你不来了呢 |
[03:26] | Why not? | 何出此言 |
[03:27] | Well, ’cause you have a steady girlfriend now, | 因为你现在有一个稳定的女朋友 |
[03:29] | and we assumed you’d have to stay home | 我们以为你得待在家 |
[03:30] | to lower the food down to her in the pit. | 放食物到你困住她的深坑里 |
[03:37] | For your information, Emily is working tonight. | 跟你报告一下 艾米丽今晚要工作 |
[03:40] | Yeah, one would assume, on getting out of the pit. | 有人会认为她的工作就是要爬出那个深坑 |
[03:45] | Okay, let’s focus. | 好 我们来集中注意力 |
[03:46] | The girls are gone, we have 48 hours. | 女生们都不在 我们有48小时 |
[03:48] | There are no distractions. | 无人打扰 |
[03:49] | Let’s change the world. | 让我们一起改变世界吧 |
[03:51] | Thinking caps on. Here we go. | 我戴上我的思考小帽了 开始吧 |
[03:53] | Ooh, this is exciting. We’re innovating. | 真是太令人激动了 我们在创新耶 |
[03:55] | I feel like we’re in the Facebook movie. | 感觉我们就像《社交网络》里演的那样 |
[03:57] | Oh. I never saw that. | 我从未看过那部电影 |
[03:58] | Yeah. Really? | 真的假的 |
[04:00] | It’s wonderful, and I swear I’m not saying that | 那电影超棒的 我发誓我这么说不是因为 |
[04:02] | because Justin Timberlake is in it. | 里面有男神贾斯汀·汀布莱克 |
[04:06] | Yeah, I have it on Blu-ray. | 我有蓝光碟 |
[04:07] | We should watch it. | 我们来看吧 |
[04:09] | Cool. I’ll make the popcorn. | 好啊 我来做爆米花 |
[04:12] | Guys… | 各位 |
[04:13] | in 30 seconds, we went from | 在短短的30秒里 我们从 |
[04:15] | “Let’s change the world” to “Let’s watch TV.” | “一起改变世界”变成了”一起看电视” |
[04:18] | I’m sorry. Is that a “no”? | 抱歉 你是说”不看”吗 |
[04:21] | Okay. No. Leonard’s right. | 不了 莱纳德说得对 |
[04:22] | We’re here to focus. | 我们是来集思的 |
[04:23] | Didn’t we used to have a list of all our ideas? | 以前不是有个本子专门记下我们的点子吗 |
[04:25] | I-I think I still have it. | 我好像还留着呢 |
[04:27] | I did not get a clear answer. | 我没有听到确切的回答 |
[04:28] | I’m gonna set this down now. | 所以我先把光盘放下 |
[04:32] | Ah, here it is. | 找到了 |
[04:35] | I haven’t looked at these in years. | 我好多年没翻过了 |
[04:37] | “Robot girlfriend.” | “机器人女友” |
[04:38] | Mm, that was mine. | 那是我的点子 |
[04:42] | “Robot prostitute.” | “机器人妓女” |
[04:45] | Also mine. | 也是我的 |
[04:47] | Wait. I’m confused. | 慢着 我不懂 |
[04:48] | Why would you need both a robot girlfriend | 既然你有机器人女友了 |
[04:49] | and a robot prostitute? | 干嘛还要机器人妓女 |
[04:51] | There’s just some things you don’t do with your robot girlfriend. | 有些”事”是不会拿来摧残自己的机器女友滴 |
[04:57] | Boy, when you met Bernadette, | 天啊 你遇到伯纳黛特后 |
[04:58] | the field of robotics really took a hit. | 机器人这一领域真是痛失英才啊 |
[05:02] | Okay, let’s just skip all the inventions you can have sex with. | 我们先跳过你可以拿来”爽”的所有发明 |
[05:13] | All right, no– here we go: | 找到一个 |
[05:14] | “Ergonomic heated seat cushion.” | “人体工学加热座垫” |
[05:16] | No, it vibrates. Keep going. | 不 那玩意会”震动” 继续翻 |
[05:21] | You know, let’s just come up with something new. | 算了 我们想一些新点子吧 |
[05:23] | You know, a number of significant innovations | 很多重要的创新 |
[05:26] | have been inspired by science fiction. | 灵感都来源自科幻小说 |
[05:28] | The-the geosynchronous satellite from Arthur C. Clarke. | 地球同步卫星来自亚瑟·克拉克的一篇文章 |
[05:28] | 英国著名科幻小说家 地球同步卫星轨道被命名为”克拉克轨道” | |
[05:31] | The Motorola flip phone– that came from Star Trek. | 摩托罗拉的翻盖手机来自《星际迷航》 |
[05:34] | Yeah, and I’ve long suspected that the idea | 对啊 我一直怀疑 |
[05:36] | of an African-American president was stolen | 非裔美国人当选总统的点子 |
[05:38] | from the movie Deep Impact. | 是剽窃电影《天地大冲撞》 |
[05:38] | 美国1998年的一部科幻灾难电影 片中摩根·弗里曼扮演一名黑人总统 | |
[05:43] | Hey, the future they show in Back to the Future II | 《回到未来2》所说的未来 |
[05:43] | 电影讲述80年代的马蒂和博士开时光机到了2015年 帮助解决马蒂儿子的事 | |
[05:46] | is only a year away. | 离现在只有一年之遥 |
[05:48] | A lot of the things in that movie haven’t been invented yet. | 那部电影里的很多东西现在仍未被发明呢 |
[05:50] | How cool would that be | 如果我们可以 |
[05:51] | if we could make one of those a reality? | 让其中一样变成现实 那该多酷啊 |
[05:53] | If we could figure out the scientific basis | 如果我们能找出马蒂的悬浮滑板 |
[05:55] | for Marty’s hover board, | 所需的科学依据 |
[05:56] | that would have universal application. | 那肯定会得到普遍应用 |
[05:59] | Well, it’s-it’s possible at absolute zero, | 这在绝对零度下是可行的 |
[06:01] | but we would have to remove the temperature restrictions. | 但我们必须得想办法消除这温度上的限制 |
[06:04] | Oh, I have an idea. | 我有个好点子 |
[06:05] | I think I have the same one. | 我猜我的点子跟你的一样 |
[06:06] | We got to watch Back to the Future II! | 我们得来看《回到过去2》啊 |
[06:11] | I’ll make the popcorn. | 我来做爆米花 |
[06:15] | So, where should we go first? | 我们先去哪里玩 |
[06:18] | There’s a cover band in the lounge. | 大厅里有个翻唱乐队 |
[06:19] | – Nah. – But they play Barry Manilow. | -不要 -可他们演奏巴瑞·曼尼洛呢 |
[06:22] | – No. – But they’re called “Fairly Manilow.” | -不去 -可他们名叫”蛮像曼尼洛”呢 |
[06:27] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:28] | – Great! – No! | -太棒了 -不去 |
[06:31] | Well, what do you want to do? | 那你想干什么 |
[06:32] | Well, we’re in Vegas. | 我们可是在维加斯 |
[06:33] | I want to go downstairs, get a bucket of margaritas, | 我要下楼来”一桶”玛格丽塔酒 |
[06:36] | dance until I vomit all over a roulette wheel | 肆意热舞 直到狂吐在轮盘赌上 |
[06:38] | and watch it go everywhere. | 再看着呕吐物随轮盘飘洒四方 |
[06:41] | What if we don’t want to vomit? | 要是我们不想吐怎么办 |
[06:43] | Oh, you will. That’s why they give you the bucket. | 绝对会吐 所以才会给你”一桶”啊 |
[06:47] | What? | 怎么了 |
[06:48] | It’s my boss. | 我老板发来的 |
[06:50] | They moved my field ride up to Monday. | 我的实习安排被提前到周一了 |
[06:52] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[06:53] | It means instead of having a week to study, | 我本来有一周时间做功课 |
[06:55] | I only have two days. | 现在只剩两天了 |
[06:56] | That sucks. | 太糟糕了 |
[06:58] | Can you start in the morning? | 你不能早上再开始看吗 |
[06:59] | Uh, it’s kind of a lot. | 要看的东西可多着呢 |
[07:01] | You know, let me do a little tonight, | 我现在先看一点吧 |
[07:02] | and I’ll catch up with you guys later. | 晚点再来找你们玩 |
[07:04] | – You sure? – Yeah, it’s okay. Go ahead. | -你确定吗 -没事 你们走吧 |
[07:08] | So, um, now that Penny’s not coming… | 那个 既然佩妮不去了 |
[07:10] | – We’re not seeing Fairly Manilow. – Okay. | -我们打死也不会去看”蛮像曼尼洛” -好吧 |
[07:19] | Hold on. Pause. | 等等 暂停一下 |
[07:21] | Something doesn’t make sense. Look… | 有点儿不对劲啊 你看 |
[07:25] | In 2015, Biff steals the sports almanac | 2015年 毕夫偷了《体育年鉴》 |
[07:28] | and takes the time machine back to 1955, | 用时光机把它带回1955年 |
[07:32] | to give it to his younger self. | 交给过去年少的自己 |
[07:34] | But as soon as he does that, he changes the future, | 可他这样做 不就改变了未来吗 |
[07:37] | so the 2015 he returns to would be | 所以他再返回的2015年 |
[07:39] | a different 2015, not the 2015 that Marty and Doc were in. | 是另一条没有马蒂和博士的2015年时间线 |
[07:43] | This is Hot Tub Time Machine all over again. | 《热浴盆时光机》时我们就讨论过了 |
[07:43] | 电影讲述三个好朋友回到孩提时的滑雪场旅店 利用屋中的热浴盆时光机回到1987年 | |
[07:49] | If future Biff goes back to 2015 | 如果未来的毕夫把年鉴 |
[07:51] | right after he gives young Biff the almanac, | 交给过去的自己后 马上回到2015年 |
[07:53] | he could get back to the 2015 with Marty and Doc in it. | 他就可以回到有马蒂和博士的那个时代 |
[07:57] | Because it wasn’t until his 21st birthday | 因为1955年的毕夫要到过21岁生日时 |
[07:59] | that 1955 Biff placed his first bet. | 才下了第一个赌注 |
[08:03] | Wait. Whoa, whoa. | 等等 等等 |
[08:03] | Is “placed” right? | 这里用”下了”合适吗 |
[08:05] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[08:06] | Is “placed” the right tense | 当受未来的因素所影响 |
[08:08] | for something that would have happened in the future | 导致一件事有可能在过去的未来发生时 |
[08:10] | of a past that was affected by something from the future? | 用”下了”这个时态合适吗 |
[08:15] | Had will have placed? | “已经将会下了”吗 |
[08:17] | That’s my boy. | 这才乖嘛 |
[08:21] | Okay, so, it wasn’t until his 21st birthday | 好了 毕夫直到21岁 |
[08:24] | that Biff had will have placed his first bet | 才已经将会下了第一个赌注 |
[08:27] | and made his millions. | 赢得了百万美元 |
[08:28] | That’s when he altered the timeline. | 这时他才改变了时间线 |
[08:30] | Yeah, but he had will haven’t placed it! | 没错 但是他已经将会还未下了呀 |
[08:36] | What?! | 什么 |
[08:38] | Unlike Hot Tub Time Machine, | 和《热浴盆时光机》不同 |
[08:39] | this couldn’t be more simple. | 这个问题简单多了 |
[08:41] | When Biff gets the almanac in 1955, | 毕夫把年鉴带去1955年时 |
[08:44] | the alternate future he creates isn’t the one | 他所创造出的2015年并不是 |
[08:47] | in which Marty and Doc Brown ever use the time machine | 马蒂和布朗博士驾驶时光机 |
[08:49] | to travel to 2015. | 所去的2015年 |
[08:51] | Therefore, | 所以 |
[08:51] | in the new timeline, | 在新的时间线中 |
[08:53] | Marty and Doc never brought the time machine… | 马蒂和博士从未驾驶着时光机 |
[08:55] | W-Wait. | 等等 |
[08:56] | Is “brought” right? | 这里用”驾驶着”合适吗 |
[09:02] | Marty and Doc never had have had brought? | 马蒂和博士从未已经会曾经驾驶着吗 |
[09:07] | I don’t know. You did it to me. | 我不知道 你刚才故意刁难我的 |
[09:11] | Oh, I’m going with it. | 反正我就这么用了 |
[09:12] | Marty and Doc never had have had brought | 马蒂和博士从未已经会曾经驾驶着 |
[09:14] | the time machine to 2015. | 时光机回到2015年 |
[09:16] | That means 2015 Biff could also | 所以2015年的毕夫也有可能 |
[09:19] | not had have had brought the almanac to 1955 Biff. | 没有已经有曾经把年鉴带给1955年的毕夫 |
[09:23] | Therefore, the timeline in which 1955 Biff gets the almanac | 因此 1955年毕夫拿到年鉴的时间线 |
[09:28] | is also the timeline | 恰恰就是 |
[09:29] | in which 1955 Biff never gets the almanac. | 1955年的毕夫从未拿到年鉴的时间线 |
[09:32] | And not just “never gets.” | 不光是”从未拿到” |
[09:34] | Never have, never hasn’t, | 还是”从未已经拿到 从未曾经拿到 |
[09:35] | never had have hasn’t. | 从未曾经已经没拿到” |
[09:43] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[09:46] | Also, what kind of name is Biff? | 再说了 谁会取毕夫这种名字啊 |
[09:49] | Sounds like when you pop open a can of Pillsbury dough. | 听着就像当你打开一管品食乐面团的声音 |
[09:53] | Biff. | 哔呋 |
[09:56] | Oh, that stuff is so good wrapped around cocktail weenies. | 那面团裹在迷你维纳肠上可好吃了 |
[09:59] | Guys… | 各位 |
[09:59] | Do you know that the word “Wiener” | 你们知道”维纳肠”这个词 |
[10:01] | comes from the German name of the Austrian capital Vienna, | 是从奥地利首都维也纳的德语写法中来的吗 |
[10:04] | or “Wien”? | 也就是”维纳” |
[10:05] | Do you know if you look at Austria on a map | 你知道奥地利在地图上的形状 |
[10:06] | it actually looks like a wiener? | 和小鸡鸡一模一样吗 |
[10:09] | Guys, what are we doing? | 各位 我们这是干嘛呢 |
[10:10] | W-We sent the girls away | 我们把女生们都赶走 |
[10:11] | so we could focus. | 就是为了集中注意力 |
[10:13] | I don’t think it worked. | 我觉得这招不管用 |
[10:27] | Maybe after this, you’ll be in the mood for some Manilow. | 喝完这杯后 也许你会想听曼尼洛 |
[10:31] | I think after this, I’ll be dead. | 喝完这杯 老娘估计就挂了 |
[10:35] | Look at us out, | 看看我们俩在外面玩 |
[10:36] | while Penny’s in the room studying. | 佩妮留在房间学习 |
[10:38] | I’m proud of her. | 我为她骄傲 |
[10:39] | This is a great opportunity. | 这是个难得的机会 |
[10:40] | It’s nice to see her take it seriously. | 她愿意认真对待实在太好了 |
[10:42] | It is. | 说得对 |
[10:43] | But enough about Penny. | 不要讨论佩妮了 |
[10:44] | Let’s talk about us. | 说说我俩吧 |
[10:47] | We’re looking good. | 我们俩美翻了 |
[10:49] | We are… | 的确 |
[10:51] | Better than good. | 不止是美翻了 |
[10:52] | I mean, look at you. Your body’s bangin’! | 看看你 凹凸有致都要爆出来了 |
[10:56] | Amy! | 艾米 |
[10:57] | Don’t “Amy” me. | 少来 |
[10:58] | We’re always talking about how hot Penny is. | 我们老是说佩妮有多火辣 |
[11:00] | Come on– scientist to scientist, | 但我们科学家之间要坦诚相待 |
[11:02] | how big are those Hadron Colliders? | 你这对”强子碰撞机”有多大 |
[11:08] | You’re embarrassing me. | 你说得人家好尴尬 |
[11:10] | Oh, don’t be embarrassed. | 有啥好尴尬的 |
[11:11] | I’ll show you the divot in my spine. | 我也可以给你看我脊椎上的凹陷 |
[11:14] | – What? – No, no, it’s okay. I was born with it. | -什么 -没什么大不了的 我生下来就有 |
[11:16] | If you put a double-A battery in there, | 要是往里面放一节五号电池 |
[11:18] | it makes my leg kick. | 我就会开始踢腿哦 |
[11:23] | All right. | 好了 |
[11:24] | Oh, this is already better. | 一看就感觉比刚才好多了 |
[11:26] | There are far fewer distractions in here. | 没有那么多干扰 |
[11:28] | Plus, this is where our minds | 再说 这里本来就是 |
[11:29] | are conditioned to focus on work. | 让我们专注于工作的地方 |
[11:31] | So, I’ve been thinking about the hover boards, | 我一直在思考悬浮滑板的问题 |
[11:33] | and maybe there’s a way we could use maglev technology. | 也许能把磁力悬浮技术用在上面 |
[11:36] | Or if we could figure out a way to supercool the materials, | 又或者如果能找出过度冷却材料的办法 |
[11:38] | we could utilize quantum coupling. | 我们就能使用量子耦合了 |
[11:40] | Well, I wonder if anyone’s tried that. | 不知道有人试过这办法没 |
[11:42] | Go online and look it up. | 上网查查呗 |
[11:44] | Oh, I can’t argue with him. | 的确是铁证如山啊 |
[11:45] | It’s right there on the screen. | 瞧这屏幕上的形状 |
[11:47] | Austria does look like a wiener. | 奥地利和鸡鸡长得一模一样 |
[11:51] | That’s nothing, dude. | 这算什么 老兄 |
[11:52] | Go check out how hung Florida is. | 看看弗罗里达州 那才叫”神雕” |
[11:57] | I’m sure Mrs. Florida’s walking funny. | 我相信弗州小姐肯定腿都合不拢了 |
[11:59] | Can we get back to work? | 能不能回到正题上来 |
[12:01] | Yeah… he’s right. | 他说得对 |
[12:03] | Oh, here’s a thought. | 我还有个想法 |
[12:05] | What if we use some form of operant conditioning techniques | 能不能用一点操作条件反射方法 |
[12:09] | to keep us from getting off topic? | 来防止我们偏题 |
[12:11] | Like behavior modification? | 你是说类似行为修正吗 |
[12:12] | Yeah, exactly. | 就是那个 |
[12:14] | Did you know those techniques | 你们知道这些技术 |
[12:16] | were used to actually teach pigeons to play ping-pong? | 以前是用来教鸽子打乒乓球的吗 |
[12:19] | That cannot be true. | 我才不信呢 |
[12:31] | Hey, it was match point. | 喂 都打到赛末点了 |
[12:35] | Some psychologists | 有些心理学家 |
[12:36] | perform operant conditioning with punishment. | 会加上惩罚来配合操作性条件反射 |
[12:38] | Maybe we can come up with a punishment | 也许我们可以想出一个处罚方式 |
[12:40] | for straying off topic. | 来惩罚偏题行为 |
[12:42] | Not getting to see who wins at pigeon ping-pong comes to mind. | 比如不让看鸽子乒乓球赛的结果吗 |
[12:47] | We could snap a rubber band on our wrists | 我们可以每次一有跑题行为 |
[12:49] | every time we get sidetracked. | 就拿橡皮筋往手腕上弹一下 |
[12:51] | Mmm, not bad. You know, in medieval times, | 想法不错 要知道在中世纪 |
[12:54] | idle chatter was punished with a device called | 惩罚闲聊行为的装置叫做 |
[12:56] | the scold’s bridle. | 长舌妇的面具[样子像马笼头] |
[12:58] | It’s an iron cage | 是一个铁笼子 |
[13:00] | that’s locked around the head and pierces the tongue. | 套住头锁起来 把舌头刺穿钉住 |
[13:04] | If only we had one. | 咱要是有一个该有多好 |
[13:08] | Oh! I’ll check Amazon. | 有了 我可以上亚马逊网找 |
[13:16] | Housekeeping! | 客房服务 |
[13:20] | We had a complaint | 我们接到投诉 |
[13:21] | about somebody pooping on a party in there! | 这里有人把派对气氛全搞没了 |
[13:27] | It was us the whole time! | 其实客房小妹就是我们啦 |
[13:31] | Why’d you tell her? It was working. | 你为什么要告诉她 她本来信了 |
[13:33] | Was it working? | 你信了吗 |
[13:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:36] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 真是对不起 |
[13:40] | You guys look like you’re having fun. | 你们看起来玩得很开心啊 |
[13:42] | We’re having the best time. | 开心死了 |
[13:44] | Guess who won $100 playing craps. | 猜猜谁玩掷骰子赢了一百块 |
[13:48] | That’s a dollar. | 这是一块钱 |
[13:50] | Then guess who wildly overtipped a cocktail waitress. | 那猜猜谁成了给鸡尾酒女侍者高额小费的凯子 |
[13:54] | Hey, Penny… hey, let’s go. | 佩妮 我们走吧 |
[13:56] | We found a place that has Australian male strippers. | 我们发现一个地方有澳大利亚脱衣舞男哦 |
[13:59] | We want to see if they twirl their junk in the other direction. | 我们想看看他们是不是反方向转小弟弟 |
[13:59] | 有种说法 南北半球水平运动的物体 受地转偏向力影响分别向左和向右偏 | |
[14:13] | That sounds so great. | 听起来真不错 |
[14:15] | But I have a little more studying to do. | 但我还有一些功课要做 |
[14:17] | Can you believe this nerd? | 瞧这书呆的德行 |
[14:22] | Come on, do you want to sit here being a loser, | 来嘛 你想坐在这里做书虫 |
[14:24] | or do you want to watch me climb into | 还是想看我像袋鼠宝宝一样 |
[14:25] | an Australian man’s G-string like a baby kangaroo? | 勇攀澳大利亚猛男的丁字裤”高峰” |
[14:35] | All right, guys, look, I would love to go out, | 姐妹们 我也很想出去玩乐 |
[14:37] | but I’ve got to get this done, okay? | 但我必须把这些功课做完 |
[14:39] | So have fun at the club. | 你们在夜店玩得开心点 |
[14:40] | And if you get in trouble, find a policeman. | 如果有麻烦 就去找警察叔叔 |
[14:43] | And if he’s taking off his pants, | 如果他脱掉了裤子 |
[14:44] | he is not a real policeman. | 那他就不是真正的警察叔叔[舞男] |
[14:47] | Okay, okay, this is obviously very important to her. | 好吧 看来这对她来说很重要 |
[14:50] | Let’s just, we’ll help her study so she can get done quicker. | 我们来帮她 让她快点把功课做完 |
[14:54] | Here… here, I’m gonna quiz you. | 来吧 我来提问 |
[14:55] | I’m gonna quiz you. | 我来提问 |
[14:58] | I got your notes! | 笔记在我这里 |
[15:00] | I got your notes! | 笔记在我这里 |
[15:02] | I got your notes! | 笔记在我这里 |
[15:02] | If you want these, | 如果你想要 |
[15:03] | they’re gonna be at the strip club! | 就来脱衣舞男俱乐部找吧 |
[15:08] | Aren’t you gonna chase her? | 你不去追她吗 |
[15:10] | To the walk-in closet? Sure. | 追到衣帽间吗 可以考虑 |
[15:20] | Okay, so we agree, | 我们都同意了 |
[15:21] | whenever someone takes us off topic | 无论何时只要有人偏题 |
[15:23] | they get their arm hair yanked off. | 粘臂毛的胶带就得被扯掉一块 |
[15:26] | And I really can’t let that happen | 我不能让这样的事发生 |
[15:27] | or the girl who does my eyebrows will think | 否则帮我修眉的女生会以为 |
[15:28] | I’ve been cheating on her. | 我还有别人帮我修毛 |
[15:31] | All right, now, one benefit of quantum coupling… | 好了 量子耦合的一个好处就是 |
[15:34] | Wait, no, question: | 慢着 问一下 |
[15:36] | who decides if someone’s gone off topic? | 偏不偏题 谁来决定 |
[15:38] | I think it’ll be pretty clear. If not, we’ll take a vote. | 我想很容易判断吧 如果模棱两可就投票决定 |
[15:41] | Oh, and also… | 还有 |
[15:45] | W-We didn’t vote! | 我们还没有投票呢 |
[15:47] | We didn’t have to– that was clearly a tangent. | 不必投票 你明显是带偏话题了 |
[15:49] | Now come on. Back to work. | 快点 继续工作 |
[15:51] | If we’re leaning towards quantum coupling… | 如果我们侧重于量子耦合 |
[15:53] | Why? | 凭什么 |
[15:55] | You said “quantum coupling.” | 你刚说”量子耦合” |
[15:56] | That made me think of the show Quantum Leap. | 让我想起电视剧《量子跳跃》 |
[15:59] | That’s a tangent and it’s your fault. | 这是偏题 是你的错 |
[16:01] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[16:02] | Sheldon, I vote that is not a tangent. | 谢尔顿 我投票这不是带偏题 |
[16:04] | Thank you. And now I owe you one. | 谢谢 现在我把没帮你撕的补上 |
[16:08] | That was your fault. | 这全是你的错 |
[16:11] | Ooh, that is a lot of hair. | 妈呀 好多毛 |
[16:16] | And now I’m gonna hear it from Jenny. | 这下得听珍妮唠叨了 |
[16:20] | Everyone stop. | 大家住手 |
[16:21] | This was a stupid idea. | 这是一个愚蠢的主意 |
[16:22] | Negative reinforcement isn’t working. | 负强化不管用 |
[16:25] | I think you mean positive punishment. | 你是说正惩罚[施加负面刺激]吧 |
[16:27] | Negative reinforcement is the removal of a positive stimulus. | 负强化是指取消正面刺激[奖励] |
[16:30] | It’s a common mistake. | 这是个常见的错误 |
[16:31] | Negative reinforcement is really wrong? | 所以这么做真的不是负强化吗 |
[16:33] | Oh, it’s used incorrectly all the time. | 当然 它总是被用错 |
[16:35] | Even Bill Murray makes that mistake | 就连比尔·默里 |
[16:37] | in the first scene of Ghostbusters. | 在《捉鬼敢死队》的第一场戏中也错了 |
[16:39] | No way. Not Bill Murray. | 不可能 比尔[主演]高大的形像不能毁 |
[16:43] | I’m studying the effect of negative reinforcement | 我正在研究超自然能力中 |
[16:45] | on ESP ability. | 负强化的效果 |
[16:48] | Bill Murray did get it wrong. | 比尔·默里高大形象果然毁了 |
[16:51] | Jump ahead to the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. | 跳到棉花糖宝宝那一幕 |
[16:53] | No! | 不要 |
[16:56] | Leonard’s right. | 莱纳德是对的 |
[16:57] | We can’t just jump ahead. | 我们不能直接”跳到” |
[16:59] | – We have to watch the whole movie. – Look. | -我们得看完整部电影 -听着 |
[17:02] | We keep procrastinating. | 我们一直在拖延 |
[17:03] | We saw Back to the Future II, | 我们看了《回到未来2》 |
[17:05] | pigeons playing ping-pong, | 鸽子打乒乓球 |
[17:06] | a bunch of countries that look like genitals | 一堆形状像男性生殖器的国家 |
[17:08] | and one guy whose genitals look like Denmark! | 还有一个生殖器形状像丹麦的家伙 |
[17:12] | Yeah, sorry for clicking on that. | 抱歉我点了那个链接 |
[17:17] | It’s late. We’ve wasted hours. | 现在很晚了 我们浪费了几小时的时间 |
[17:19] | Can we please find it in ourselves | 拜托大家集中精神 |
[17:20] | to do any amount of work tonight? | 今晚出点成果好吗 |
[17:22] | But we didn’t see them bust one ghost. | 但我们还没有看到他们捉住一只鬼呢 |
[17:27] | So y-you’re saying we should stand here | 你是说我们应该在周六的晚上 |
[17:30] | in my lab on a Saturday night | 站在我的实验室里 |
[17:32] | and watch the rest of Ghostbusters on a crappy laptop? | 用一台破笔记本看完《捉鬼敢死队》吗 |
[17:35] | No. | 不 |
[17:42] | Go, busters. | 上啊 敢死队 |
[17:46] | It really does hold up. | 结果还真行啊 |
[17:58] | See? Isn’t this better than a hotel room? | 瞧 这比在酒店房间好吧 |
[18:01] | Yep. Shake that thing! | 是啊 把鸡鸡都甩起来 |
[18:05] | Have you ever seen a body so fine? | 你见过这么赞的身躯吗 |
[18:08] | We had some pretty hot corpses in my anatomy class, | 我的解剖课上也有些相当热辣的尸体 |
[18:11] | but none of them moved like that! | 但没有一个能像这样蹦跶 |
[18:25] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[18:27] | You want to go to the pool? | 要去游泳池吗 |
[18:32] | Come on… you said it yourself. | 来嘛 你们自己也说过了 |
[18:34] | Only nerds and losers stay in the room. | 只有书呆和书虫才会待在房间里 |
[18:40] | Wow, it’s bright out. | 哇 好亮啊 |
[18:42] | Isn’t it bright? | 是不是好亮 |
[18:43] | I should probably close these curtains. | 也许我应该拉上窗帘 |
[18:44] | Nah. Bye! | 才怪 拜拜 |
[18:48] | Would you please close the drapes? | 你去拉上窗帘好吗 |
[18:50] | Okay. | 好的 |