时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I recently read that during World War Two, | 我最近读到在二战期间 |
[00:06] | Joseph Stalin had a research program | 约瑟夫·斯大林曾有一项研究计划 |
[00:08] | to create supersoldiers | 为了制造超级士兵 |
[00:10] | by having women impregnated by gorillas. | 要让女人怀上大猩猩的孩子 |
[00:15] | What a sick use of science. | 太变态的滥用科学了 |
[00:17] | Hey, as long as the baby’s healthy. | 只要孩子健康就没事啦 |
[00:21] | I wonder if Stalin considered any other animals. | 不知道斯大林有没想过使用其他动物 |
[00:23] | Hippos are the deadliest creature. | 河马是杀伤性最高的动物 |
[00:25] | A half-human, half-hippo soldier would be pretty badass. | 半人半河马应该会是狠角色吧 |
[00:29] | Yes, but when they’re hungry-hungry, | 但当它们饿饿的时候 |
[00:31] | you can stop them with marbles. | 你用弹珠就能阻止它们了 |
[00:34] | Yeah, the correct animal | 是的 制造跨族超级士兵的 |
[00:36] | for interspecies supersolider is koala. | 最佳选择是考拉 |
[00:38] | You would wind up with an army so cute it couldn’t be attacked. | 你可以做出一个超可爱 让人无法下手的军队 |
[00:44] | But half-man, half-owl could fly… | 但半人半猫头鹰可以飞… |
[00:46] | The answer is cuddly soldiers with big flat noses. | 正解就是让人想抱的大扁鼻子士兵 |
[00:49] | Moving on. | 下个话题 |
[00:51] | So, Penny, when’s the new job start? | 佩妮 新工作什么时候开始 |
[00:53] | Next Monday. | 下周一 |
[00:54] | Did you get a chance to look over the materials I gave you? | 你找时间看了我给你的材料了吗 |
[00:57] | Uh, not yet, but I will. | 还没 但我会看的 |
[00:58] | Great. When? | 很好 什么时候 |
[01:01] | I said I’ll get to it. | 我说了我会去看 |
[01:06] | I’m sensing awkwardness, am I right? | 我好像感觉到场面有些尴尬 是吧 |
[01:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:11] | Swish. | 厉害 |
[01:15] | I don’t want to be pushy, | 我不想一直逼你 |
[01:16] | but you’ve never done pharmaceutical sales before. | 但你之前从未接触过医药销售 |
[01:19] | It seems like you could use this time to get a head start. | 你可以用这段时间领先其他人啊 |
[01:21] | Well, the first few weeks will be all training. | 前几周都是在培训 |
[01:23] | They’ll tell me everything I need to know. | 他们会教我一切需要了解的信息 |
[01:25] | But imagine how impressed they’d be if you showed up | 但你想象一下 你去的时候已经对材料很熟 |
[01:27] | already familiar with the material. | 他们肯定会对你刮目相看 |
[01:29] | Okay, so what, you want me to be like a teacher’s pet? | 所以是怎样 你想让我当老师的小马屁精吗 |
[01:31] | Couldn’t hurt. | 又没坏处 |
[01:33] | Mm, I don’t know. | 不知道啊 |
[01:35] | Who here has ever been hurt | 在座这里有谁 |
[01:36] | because they were the teacher’s pet? | 因为当老师的马屁精被欺负过 |
[01:41] | It was like the rest of the class wanted Ms. McDonald | 感觉就像班上其他同学想要老师 |
[01:44] | to forget the quiz. | 忘了有考试 |
[02:12] | Mrs. Davis. | 戴维斯小姐 |
[02:14] | Guess who? | 你猜是谁 |
[02:15] | Dr. Cooper. | 库伯博士 |
[02:17] | That’s right, good job. | 没错 干得好 |
[02:20] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:21] | Uh, you wanted to see me? | 你想见我吗 |
[02:23] | Yes. Uh, welcome back. | 是的 欢迎回来 |
[02:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:26] | I assume you’d like to reopen our dialogue | 我想你想要再开始 |
[02:29] | about the university forcing me to continue with string theory? | 大学逼我继续研究弦理论的谈话是吗 |
[02:32] | You mean the dialogue that went, | 你是指谈话过程只有 |
[02:33] | “Please?” “No.” “Please?” “No.” “Please?” “No.” | “拜托””不行”这两个词来回重复的那次吗 |
[02:38] | That’s the one. | 没错 |
[02:41] | I believe you went last, so, uh, please? | 我记得上一次最后是你回的 所以… 拜托 |
[02:45] | Dr. Cooper, while you were away, we came up with a solution | 库伯博士 在你不在的时候 我们想出了 |
[02:48] | that would allow you to change your field of study. | 让你可以改变研究领域的方法了 |
[02:52] | Pouting and running away actually worked. | 撅嘴逃跑真的管用啊 |
[02:56] | Yeah, I must say, that may not be a lesson | 不得不说 你可千万记得 |
[02:58] | you want to reinforce with me. | 不要再逼我干嘛了 |
[03:00] | So, um, what is the solution? | 所以解决方式是什么 |
[03:03] | Currently, you’re being paid under a grant | 目前大学给你的研究基金是 |
[03:05] | to specifically research string theory. | 只能做特定领域研究的 |
[03:07] | If we promote you to junior professor, | 如果我们将你升为初级教授 |
[03:10] | you’ll be able to choose | 这样你就能 |
[03:11] | whatever field of research you’d like. | 想研究什么就研究什么 |
[03:14] | But if I’m a professor, then I’ll have to teach a class. | 但如果我是教授 我就得带学生了 |
[03:18] | That is correct. | 没错 |
[03:20] | So your solution is to promote me and pay me more money | 所以你的解决方法就是 给我升职 给我加薪 |
[03:25] | so that I can impart my knowledge | 然后让我能把我的学识 |
[03:27] | to the next generation of scientists? | 传授给下一代的科学家们吗 |
[03:29] | Yes. | 没错 |
[03:32] | You people are sick. | 你们这帮人真变态 |
[03:39] | Hey. Ready to go to lunch? | 准备好去吃午饭了吗 |
[03:40] | Just give me a minute. | 再给我一分钟 |
[03:41] | I’m stimulating the pleasure cells of this starfish. | 我在刺激海星的快感细胞 |
[03:44] | I just need to turn it off. | 等我关了就行了 |
[03:45] | What happens if you don’t? | 如果你不关掉会怎么样 |
[03:46] | Then I have to sit through lunch | 那我就得边吃午饭 |
[03:47] | knowing this starfish is having a better day than I am. | 边想着这海星过得比我还”爽” |
[03:52] | Is Bernadette meeting us at the restaurant? | 伯纳黛特会在餐厅跟我们碰面吗 |
[03:54] | Uh, no. Actually, I didn’t invite her. | 不会 其实我没叫她 |
[03:57] | How come? | 为什么 |
[03:58] | Well, ever since she helped me get this job, | 自从她介绍了我这份工作 |
[04:00] | she won’t stop bugging me. | 她就一直不停地烦我 |
[04:02] | Well, I think she just wants you to do well, | 她只想你能做好这份工作 |
[04:04] | and she’s worried that you won’t | 而且她也担心你会失败吧 |
[04:05] | ’cause you were just a stunningly poor waitress. | 因为你真是个超烂的服务员 |
[04:10] | That is not true. | 才不是呢 |
[04:11] | I’m still waiting on my mini corndogs from two years ago. | 我到现在都还在等两年前跟你点的玉米热狗呢 |
[04:15] | I told you, they’ll be right out. | 我跟你说了 很快会给你上 |
[04:19] | Okay, so no Bernadette. | 好吧 没有伯纳黛特 |
[04:22] | Well, you saw her the other night. Am I wrong? | 那晚你也看见她那个样子啦 难道是我错吗 |
[04:24] | No, I just… | 没有啊 我只是… |
[04:26] | I feel kind of uncomfortable talking about her like this. | 我觉得这样说她有点不好 |
[04:29] | Usually when someone’s being talked about behind their back, | 通常有人在背后说其他人坏话时 |
[04:31] | it’s me and it’s right in front of my face. | 都是说我的坏话 而且还当着我的面说 |
[04:35] | I-I’m sorry. I just need a little break from her. | 抱歉 我只是想躲开她一阵子 |
[04:38] | I understand. | 我懂 |
[04:40] | You know, there is some research that indicates | 你知道吗 有些研究显示 |
[04:43] | that sharing negative attitudes about a third party | 分享对第三方的负面看法 |
[04:47] | can be a powerful bonding force between two friends. | 能够加深两个朋友之间的友谊吗 |
[04:51] | So, what are you saying? | 所以你是什么意思 |
[04:52] | I’m saying, in the spirit of science, | 我的意思是 为了科学 |
[04:55] | what is that little skank’s problem? | 那个小婊砸到底有啥好不满的 |
[05:01] | So, I’ve been trying to come up | 我一直想给 |
[05:03] | with a cute couple’s nickname for me and Emily. | 我和艾米丽取一个可爱的情侣昵称 |
[05:06] | What do you like better– | 你觉得哪一个好 |
[05:07] | Emippali… | 艾米帕里 |
[05:10] | or Koothrapemily? | 还是库萨帕米丽 |
[05:14] | Why is it your last name and her first name? | 为什么一定是你的姓和她的名的组合 |
[05:17] | Oh, well, her last name is Sweeney, | 她姓斯威尼 |
[05:18] | and something just didn’t seem right about Koothrapeeney. | 库萨帕威尼听起来不大对劲儿 |
[05:25] | Hey, how’d it go with human resources? | 跟人力资源部谈得怎么样了 |
[05:28] | Awful. | 很糟糕 |
[05:29] | Yeah, they’re allowing me to move on from string theory, | 虽然他们同意让我研究其他理论 |
[05:31] | but they made me a junior professor | 但是他们升我当初级教授 |
[05:33] | and are requiring me to teach a class. | 这样我就必须给学生上课 |
[05:36] | I don’t understand. Why is it bad that you have to teach? | 我不明白了 上课有什么不好 |
[05:38] | What a stupid question. | 愚蠢的问题 |
[05:42] | The kids are gonna love him. | 学生们绝对会”喜欢”他 |
[05:45] | I can’t believe I have to waste my time | 我不敢相信我得浪费我的时间 |
[05:47] | babysitting a bunch of grad students | 照顾一群研究生 |
[05:49] | who probably think dark matter is what’s in their diapers. | 他们可能觉得暗物质就是尿片里的屎尿 |
[05:53] | This might not be that bad. | 没那么糟糕 |
[05:55] | Uh, you like telling people they’re wrong. | 你喜欢指出别人的错误 |
[05:57] | Wrong! | 错 |
[06:00] | Just because I enjoyed that one doesn’t mean I always do. | 我喜欢这么做 并不代表我会想整天这么做 |
[06:03] | You enjoy giving people grades. | 你喜欢给别人打分 |
[06:05] | A valid point, but unoriginal– B-minus. | 观点正确 但是非原创 B- |
[06:10] | And you love the sound of your own voice. | 你喜欢你自己的声音 |
[06:12] | Yeah, well, of course I do. | 对 没错 我喜欢 |
[06:13] | Listen to it. | 听听 |
[06:14] | It’s like an earful of melted caramel. | 就像听到了融化的焦糖 |
[06:18] | Look, most importantly, | 最重要的是 |
[06:20] | this will let you move on and study dark matter. | 这样你才能继续研究暗物质 |
[06:24] | It is true that many of my heroes have taken students | 我有很多偶像倒是都曾给予过 |
[06:27] | under their wings: | 学生帮助[放在翅膀下] |
[06:28] | Feynman, Einstein, Professor X. | 费因曼 爱因斯坦 X教授 |
[06:28] | 费因曼 美国著名物理学家 X教授 即查尔斯·塞维尔 X战警学校的校长及创办人 | |
[06:33] | Humorously, | 有趣的是 |
[06:34] | in the case of Professor X, | 对于X教授来说 |
[06:35] | some of his students actually had wings. | 他的一些学生还真的有翅膀 |
[06:38] | That’s rich. | 真有意思 |
[06:41] | I’ll use that one to lighten the mood | 等全班学生在期中考试挂科之后 |
[06:43] | after my entire class fails the midterm. | 我会用这个笑话来逗笑他们 |
[06:50] | Measuring starfish serotonin levels in response to | 通过使用1.2摩尔的快感细胞刺激 |
[06:53] | one point two molar stimulation of pleasure cells. | 测量海星的血清素等级 |
[06:59] | You like that, don’t you? | 你喜欢这样对吧 |
[07:02] | That’s right, say my name. | 没错 说我的名字 |
[07:09] | – Hey, what’s going on? – Not much. | -还好吗 -还行 |
[07:11] | You want to get a drink later? | 等会儿要去喝一杯吗 |
[07:13] | Just the two of us? | 就我俩 |
[07:14] | No Penny? | 不叫佩妮吗 |
[07:15] | Not tonight. I’m a little frustrated with her. | 今晚不叫她 我对她有点失望 |
[07:17] | Because you got her the job and you think | 因为你帮她找到工作 |
[07:19] | she should be working harder to prepare for it? | 你觉得她应该好好准备 |
[07:21] | So it’s not just me. You see it, too! | 原来不光是我 你也看到了 |
[07:26] | I do, I see it. | 对 我也看到了 |
[07:29] | It’s driving me crazy. | 快把我逼疯了 |
[07:30] | Just this afternoon, I saw on Instagram | 今天下午 我在她的相册里看见 |
[07:33] | that instead of studying, she went out to lunch | 她没有好好学习 还跑出去吃午餐 |
[07:35] | and got a manicure. | 还去做了美甲 |
[07:38] | That’s outrageous! | 太过分了 |
[07:40] | I know! | 对啊 |
[07:41] | If she doesn’t do well, | 如果她做不好 |
[07:42] | th-this could reflect poorly on you. | 也会坏了你的名声 |
[07:45] | Exactly. Does she not realize it or does she not care? | 是啊 她是不知道 还是不在乎 |
[07:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:50] | The important thing is I am here for you | 重要的是 我支持你 |
[07:52] | so we can mutually disparage this unpleasing third party. | 所以我们可以一起鄙视这个讨厌的第三方 |
[08:02] | Hey. We just wanted to see how your class was going. | 我们来看看你的课上得怎么样了 |
[08:05] | Where is everybody? | 学生呢 |
[08:07] | There is no class. | 没有学生 |
[08:08] | Did you send everyone to the principal’s office already? | 你这么快就把所有人都送去校长办公室了吗 |
[08:13] | No one signed up. | 没人报名 |
[08:15] | Well, that’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[08:17] | I called the department secretary to see what happened. | 我打电话问学院秘书是怎么回事 |
[08:20] | Apparently, I have a reputation for being obnoxious. | 显然 全校的人都认为我很讨厌 |
[08:25] | What? | 不会吧 |
[08:29] | Hey, Sheldon, I’m sorry. | 谢尔顿 真是抱歉 |
[08:31] | No, it’s fine. | 别 没事的 |
[08:33] | Now I can devote all my time to dark matter. | 现在我可以全身心投入到暗物质的研究中了 |
[08:37] | Aw, you brought cookies for everyone? | 你还给大家带了饼干 |
[08:39] | Oh, yes. Fig Newtons. | 对 “无花果牛顿”饼干 |
[08:41] | I was going to ask them: which scientist both helped | 我本来打算问他们 哪个科学家 |
[08:44] | to develop calculus | 既对微积分有贡献 |
[08:46] | and had a famous cookie named after him? | 又有一款饼干以他命名 |
[08:48] | And then after someone said “Newton,” | 等有人回答”牛顿” |
[08:50] | I was going to tell them they’re wrong. | 我就告诉他们错了 |
[08:53] | The cookies are named after a town in Massachusetts. | 这个饼干是用马萨诸塞州的一个镇命名的 |
[08:56] | And then I’d throw the cookies away. | 然后我再把饼干扔了 |
[09:00] | Hey, what if I took your class? | 我来听你的课怎么样 |
[09:04] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么这么做 |
[09:05] | – Yeah, why would you do that? – What’s wrong with you? | -你为什么这么做 -你脑子出什么问题 |
[09:08] | I’m thinking about getting my doctorate, | 我想拿到博士学位 |
[09:10] | and he wants to teach– why not? | 他想要教课 正好啊 |
[09:12] | Oh, Howard. | 霍华德 |
[09:14] | I appreciate the gesture, | 感谢你的提议 |
[09:15] | but this is a graduate-level physics class. | 但这是研究生阶段的物理课程 |
[09:20] | I don’t think you’d understand | 我觉得你根本无法理解 |
[09:21] | a single thing I was talking about. | 我所讲的任何内容 |
[09:25] | Ask why not again; I’ve got an answer. | 再问一遍为什么不能来 我有答案了 |
[09:29] | Sheldon, I’m more than smart enough to take your class. | 谢尔顿 我的智商来听你的课绰绰有余了 |
[09:34] | No. | 不可能 |
[09:38] | Yes. | 真的 |
[09:40] | How would you determine the ground state | 在没有精确解的情况下 |
[09:43] | of a quantum system with no exact solution? | 你如何确定量子系统的基态 |
[09:46] | I would guess a wave-function and then vary its parameters | 我会任意猜测一个基态波函数 通过更改其参数 |
[09:48] | until I found the lowest energy solution. | 找出能量最低的量子态 |
[09:53] | Do you know how to integrate X squared times E | 你知道怎么不查书也能求出 |
[09:56] | to the minus X, without looking it up? | x平方乘e到负x的积分 |
[09:58] | I’d use Feynman’s trick– | 我会用费曼的秘诀 |
[10:00] | differentiate under the integral sign. | 积分符号内取微分 |
[10:02] | Okay. | 不错嘛 |
[10:06] | What is the correct interpretation of quantum mechanics? | 量子力学的正确诠释是什么 |
[10:10] | Since every interpretation gives exactly the same answer | 每一种诠释对于每一次测量 |
[10:12] | to every measurement, they are all equally correct. | 给出的答案都一样 所以它们同等正确 |
[10:14] | However, I know you believe in the Many Worlds Interpretation, | 但是我知道你支持的是多宇宙诠释 |
[10:16] | so I’ll say that. Now do you think I’m smart enough? | 所以我会顺着你说 现在你觉得我够聪明了吗 |
[10:23] | No. | 不 |
[10:26] | Oh, come on. You might’ve gone to school | 拜托 你也许就比我 |
[10:27] | for a couple more years than me, but guess what– | 多上了几年学 但是 |
[10:29] | engineers are just as smart as physicists. | 工程师和物理学家一样聪明 |
[10:32] | You take that back! | 你把这话收回去 |
[10:37] | No. | 不 |
[10:44] | So, after drinks with Bernadette, | 和伯纳黛特喝了几杯后 |
[10:46] | I get home, and Penny calls to complain about her. | 我刚到家 佩妮就打来电话抱怨伯纳黛特 |
[10:49] | And then while I’m talking to Penny, | 我正和佩妮说着呢 |
[10:50] | I get a text from Bernadette. | 伯纳黛特又发来短信 |
[10:51] | Wh… I’m trying to prepare my lesson plan for Howard. | 我正为霍华德准备教学计划呢 |
[10:54] | Why are you telling me this? | 你干嘛告诉我这些废话 |
[10:57] | Because it’s taken 15 years, | 因为虽然晚了15年 |
[10:59] | but high school is finally awesome! | 但高中生活终于开始精彩了 |
[11:04] | I love them both, | 虽然我爱她们俩 |
[11:05] | but I’m in the center now, and I love that even more. | 但现在我成了团体中心 我更爱这种感觉 |
[11:09] | Amy, please. I am trying to figure out a way | 艾米 拜托 我正努力寻找 |
[11:12] | to intellectually emasculate a dear friend of mine. | 一种用智力阉割我好友的方法 |
[11:16] | – But I’m just… – Not now. | -可人家… -别烦我了 |
[11:19] | You better watch that attitude, buddy. | 注意你的态度 老弟 |
[11:20] | You’re dating the popular girl now. | 你女朋友现在可是校园红人呢 |
[11:27] | You’re up late. | 你还没睡啊 |
[11:28] | Oh, I’m working on my lesson plan for Wolowitz. | 我在为沃罗威茨量身定制教学计划 |
[11:31] | He is going to be so lost. | 保证他跟听天书一样 |
[11:34] | Look at this section over here. | 快看这部分内容 |
[11:36] | Even I don’t really understand it. | 连我都不懂是什么 |
[11:40] | Sheldon, why are you doing this? | 谢尔顿 你为什么要这么做 |
[11:42] | I’m a teacher, Leonard. | 我是一名教师 莱纳德 |
[11:44] | It’s my job. | 这是我的工作 |
[11:46] | No, I-I mean, | 不 我是说 |
[11:47] | why are you going to so much trouble | 你为什么要费尽周折 |
[11:49] | to prove that you’re smarter than Wolowitz? | 来证明你比沃罗威茨聪明呢 |
[11:50] | Oh, it’s no trouble; it’s actually a pleasure. | 完全不费劲 我高兴着呢 |
[11:55] | You want to know what I think? | 你知道我怎么想吗 |
[11:57] | I think the idea that someone could be as smart as you, | 我觉得一想到某人可能和你一样聪明 |
[12:00] | or even smarter, scares the pants off you, | 甚至比你聪明 你就怕得要死 |
[12:02] | and you can’t deal with it. | 你接受不了这个事实 |
[12:06] | Interesting point. | 想法很有趣 |
[12:08] | Wh… You’re suggesting | 你是在暗示 |
[12:10] | that I have emotional issues below my consciousness | 潜意识里我的情绪 |
[12:12] | which drive my behavior, | 影响了我的行动 |
[12:14] | thus causing me to lash out at anything or anyone | 导致我大肆打击任何 |
[12:17] | that threatens my intellectual superiority. | 威胁到我智商优势的人或事吗 |
[12:20] | Might be something to think about. | 你好好思考一下吧 |
[12:24] | – Leonard? – Yeah. | -莱纳德 -什么 |
[12:26] | Howard’s allergic to peanuts. | 霍华德对花生过敏 |
[12:28] | How can I use that against him? | 我怎样才能用这个对付他 |
[12:35] | Okay, now that everyone’s here, we can begin. | 既然大家都来齐了 我们可以上课了 |
[12:41] | Before we do, I just talked to Leonard. | 上课之前我要说 我刚和莱纳德谈过了 |
[12:44] | And if you’re gonna | 如果你准备 |
[12:45] | spend all your time trying to belittle me | 刻意让这门课难到超乎常理 |
[12:47] | by making this class unnecessarily hard, | 以此来贬低我的智商的话 |
[12:50] | then I’m out. | 那我不上了 |
[12:52] | But if you’re interested in making | 但如果你真心想要 |
[12:53] | a sincere effort to be a good teacher, | 做一个好老师 |
[12:56] | then I’m willing to give this a shot. | 那我也愿意给你个机会 |
[13:02] | I suppose that’s a fair request. | 这个提议很合理 |
[13:04] | There’s no reason we both can’t benefit from this experience. | 我们俩都可以从这件事里受益 |
[13:08] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -就这样 |
[13:12] | Well, then, uh, first things first. | 那我们先上课 |
[13:14] | Um, are you familiar with the Brachistochrone problem? | 你对最速降线问题熟悉吗 |
[13:17] | – I am. – Good. | -很熟悉 -很好 |
[13:18] | And how it relates to the calculus of variations? | 那它和变分法之间的关系呢 |
[13:21] | It’s an inverted cycloid. | 是一条翻转摆线 |
[13:22] | Wonderful. | 不错不错 |
[13:23] | Now, what about Euler-Lagrange theorems? | 那么 你了解欧拉拉格朗日定理吗 |
[13:26] | That’s where I’m a little fuzzy. | 这我就有点小困惑了 |
[13:27] | Ha! I knew it! All right. | 我就知道 好了 |
[13:30] | We have a lot of information to cover before your first test. | 在第一次考试前 我们需要大量补充这方面的知识 |
[13:34] | Which, by the way, is in eight minutes. | 对了 考试就在8分钟之后 |
[13:36] | The good news is I’m grading on a curve, | 好消息是我的评分标准是曲线评分 |
[13:39] | so you’re pretty much guaranteed a C. | 所以你卷子上肯定有个”C” |
[13:42] | * All I do is win, win, win * | * 老子这辈子只想赢 * |
[13:43] | * No matter what * | * 无论如何 * |
[13:45] | What are you doing? | 你这是在干什么 |
[13:45] | * Everybody hands go up, up… * | * 大家一起高举双手 * |
[13:48] | * And they stay there! * | * 保持别动 * |
[13:50] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[13:51] | If you’re gonna be a crappy teacher, | 如果你要当个烂老师 |
[13:53] | then I’m gonna be a crappy student. | 那我就当个烂学生 |
[13:56] | * Ludacris going in on the verse * | * 路达克里斯来唱副歌 * |
[13:57] | *’Cause I never been defeated and I won’t stop now..* | * 我无所不胜 永不停止 * |
[13:58] | Will you stop it! | 停下来 |
[14:01] | This is a classroom. | 这是教室 |
[14:02] | This is not American Bandstand. Okay. | 不是《美国大舞台》 好了 |
[14:05] | Now, where was I? | 好了 我说到哪里呢 |
[14:06] | Let’s see. | 我看看 |
[14:07] | Oh, yes. Over here. | 对了 就是这里 |
[14:08] | You… | 你 |
[14:11] | What are you doing now? | 你又在干什么 |
[14:12] | Making a straw. | 折一个吸管 |
[14:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:15] | So I can shoot you with a spitball. | 我就可以用口水球射你了 |
[14:20] | You’re not going to do that, and I’ll tell you why. | 你不能这么做 我来告诉你为什么 |
[14:22] | This is an institution of higher learning, | 这里是高等学府的课堂 |
[14:25] | I am your professor, | 我是你的教授 |
[14:26] | and you’re going to treat me with the prop… | 你对待我的态度应该是… |
[14:34] | You shot your spit in my mouth! | 你的口水吐进我的嘴里了 |
[14:38] | Is that gonna be on the test? | 考试会考这个吗 |
[14:39] | Because I don’t think I can do that again. | 我想我没法再做到一次了 |
[14:45] | Hey, girlfriend. | 好闺蜜 |
[14:47] | Can I get a what what? | 可以来个那啥啥吗 |
[14:50] | What? | 啥 |
[14:52] | Close enough. | 差不多了 |
[14:53] | Um, I was just calling to see what you were up tonight. | 我打来想问问你今晚有什么安排 |
[14:56] | Thought maybe we could hit up Color Me Mine, | 咱们可以去整整”自己动手做彩陶” |
[14:58] | maybe sneak in some Pinot Greej. Whatevs. | 偷偷带进去一些葡萄酒 随便啦 |
[15:02] | Uh, thanks, but I think I’m gonna stay in | 多谢了 但我要留在家 |
[15:04] | and go over the stuff Bernadette gave me. | 学习伯纳黛特给我的资料 |
[15:06] | Oh. Oh, I hear you. | 哦 这样啊 |
[15:08] | Try and get that nag off your back, right? | 好让唠叨鬼不再烦你对吧 |
[15:11] | I mean, you’re not a bicycle; | 你又不是单车 |
[15:12] | why’s she riding you like that? | 她凭什么这样”骑压”你 |
[15:16] | No, I think she was just trying to help. | 不 我想她只是想帮忙 |
[15:17] | Plus, I really want to do well at this job. So… | 而且 我想做好这份工作 |
[15:19] | Okay, good luck. And call me later, | 那祝你好运 晚点打给我 |
[15:22] | you know, if you decide she’s a bitch or something. | 如果你要抱怨她是个贱人什么的 |
[15:30] | Hey, girlfriend. | 好闺蜜 |
[15:32] | Hey, Amy. | 艾米 |
[15:32] | Tonight. You, me, Color Me Mine. | 今晚 你和我 “自己动手做彩陶” |
[15:35] | Maybe we sneak in some pinot– make it Color Me Wine. | 也许带点葡萄酒进去 整个”自己动嘴喝彩酒” |
[15:39] | That sounds fun, but I promised Penny | 听起来很好玩 但我答应了佩妮 |
[15:41] | I’d come by and help her study. | 过去帮助她学习 |
[15:43] | Oh. Well, good luck getting her to do that. | 那只能祝你好运逮到她 |
[15:45] | She’s probably off getting another manicure. | 她可能又出去修指甲了 |
[15:48] | You remember when she did that? | 你记得她那次这样做吗 |
[15:49] | You remember? | 记得吗 |
[15:52] | I was probably being too hard on her. | 我可能对她太严厉了 |
[15:54] | We talked, we’re good. | 我们谈过了 没事了 |
[15:55] | Oh. Great. | 太好了 |
[15:57] | I’m happy for you guys. | 我为你们高兴 |
[15:58] | You know, when the two of you aren’t getting along, | 你俩合不来时 |
[16:00] | it puts me in a really weird position. | 我夹在中间 好难做人啊 |
[16:03] | Well, don’t worry– everything’s back to normal. | 不用担心 一切恢复正常了 |
[16:06] | You mean, like, where she’s nice to your face? | 你是指她表面上又跟你好了吗 |
[16:07] | Okay got it. Bye. | 明白了 拜 |
[16:13] | Hey, boyfriend. | 好男友 |
[16:15] | Can’t talk. Spitball. | 没时间说话 口水球 |
[16:16] | Probably gonna die. | 可能会死 |
[16:25] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[16:26] | Sheldon, I-I promise. | 谢尔顿 我发誓 |
[16:28] | Your uvula does not have an STD. | 你的小舌没得性病 |
[16:33] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[16:35] | It just doesn’t feel as innocent as it used to. | 感觉没有以前那么纯洁了 |
[16:41] | You reported me to human resources? | 你把我告到人事部去了吗 |
[16:44] | You violated the sanctity of my mouth. | 你亵渎了我口腔的圣洁 |
[16:48] | Well, I dropped your class, so I hope you’re happy. | 我不上你的课了 希望你开心 |
[16:51] | I told you you weren’t smart enough to take it. | 我跟你说过 你不够聪明 不能上我的课 |
[16:53] | I’m smart enough, Sheldon. | 我够聪明了 谢尔顿 |
[16:55] | Asking me a bunch of questions | 问我一大堆 |
[16:55] | about a topic I’m not familiar with | 我不熟悉的课题的问题 |
[16:57] | doesn’t prove anything. | 并不能证明什么 |
[16:57] | I could do the same to you. | 我也可以问你 |
[16:59] | Yeah… Try me. | 是吗 试试 |
[17:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:03] | You enjoy making fun of engineering so much; | 你非常享受取笑工程学 |
[17:06] | how do you quantify the strength of materials? | 那么你如何量化材料强度 |
[17:10] | Young’s modulus. | 杨氏模量 |
[17:12] | – Is that right? – Yeah. | -对吗 -对 |
[17:17] | Okay, how do you prevent eddy currents in a transformer? | 你如何预防变压器中的涡流损耗 |
[17:20] | Laminate the core material. | 层压芯材 |
[17:22] | Come on, give him a hard one. | 拜托 问个难的 |
[17:23] | That was a hard one. | 这就是难的 |
[17:27] | All right. | 好吧 |
[17:28] | How does the flow rate in a pipe depend on its diameter? | 管直径如何决定流量 |
[17:33] | You don’t know, do you? | 你不知道 对吗 |
[17:38] | What’s the matter, smart guy? | 怎么啦 聪明人 |
[17:39] | Don’t know Poiseuille’s law? | 不知道泊肃叶定律了吧 |
[17:48] | Thank goodness I got it! | 谢天谢地出来了 |
[17:54] | Now I can quit checking my stool. | 现在我不必再检查我的粪便了 |
[18:00] | Okay, what are the potential side effects | 我们的壮阳药有些什么 |
[18:02] | for our erectile dysfunction drug? | 可能的副作用 |
[18:05] | Headaches, dizziness and nausea. | 头痛 头晕 恶心 |
[18:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:08] | Those are also the side effects | 一个勃起的75岁老男人 |
[18:09] | of having a 75-year-old man with an erection climb on top of you. | 趴在你身上 你也会出现这些副作用 |
[18:15] | – Want to stop here? – Uh, no. I can keep going. | -要不要停下来 -不用 我可以继续 |
[18:17] | Nah, you got this. | 不必了 你能行的 |
[18:18] | Let’s go for a drink. I’ll call Amy. | 我们去喝一杯 我打给艾米 |
[18:19] | Okay, good. She seemed like she really wanted to go out tonight. | 好的 她似乎今晚特别想出去玩 |
[18:32] | Hey, girl. | 干嘛 妹子 |
[18:38] | Okay, next question, for the Butterfinger: | 下个问题 奖品是金手指黄油饼干 |
[18:42] | how long is a galactic year? | 银河年有多长 |
[18:45] | 250 million years! | 两亿五千万年 |
[18:46] | Yes! | 对了 |
[18:50] | Okay, this one is for a Cadbury Creme Egg. | 这个的奖品是吉百利蛋 |
[18:54] | It’s not even Easter time. | 复活节都没到呢 |
[18:56] | This is crazy! | 太疯狂了 |
[18:59] | Which Archimedean solid has 20 regular triangular faces, | 哪种阿基米德多面体有20个规则的三角面 |
[19:03] | 30 square faces, 12 pentagonal faces, | 30个四角面 12个五角面 |
[19:06] | 60 vertices and 120 edges? | 60个顶点和120条边 |
[19:10] | The Rhombicosidodecahedron! | 小斜方截半二十面体 |
[19:12] | Yes! | 答对了 |
[19:15] | We are so smart! | 我们太聪明了 |
[19:17] | Why didn’t girls like us in high school? | 高中时为什么女生不喜欢咱们 |
[19:19] | Because we were awkward and weird | 因为我们呆滞怪异 |
[19:20] | – and couldn’t play sports! – Right again! | -而且运动无能 -又答对了 |