时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | – Hey, can I ask you a question? – Sure. | -我能问你一个问题吗 -能啊 |
[00:04] | You’ve had this dart board since I’ve known you, | 我刚认识你们时这飞镖靶就在这了 |
[00:05] | but I’ve never seen you play. | 但我从没见你们玩过啊 |
[00:07] | Oh, uh, we played… once. | 我们玩过啊 就一次 |
[00:09] | I broke a window. | 我把窗户弄破了 |
[00:11] | – What window? – That one over there. | -哪个窗户 -那边的那扇 |
[00:15] | Leonard, where are the Skee-Ball tickets? | 莱纳德 游乐场点卷上哪去了 |
[00:17] | Skee-Ball tickets? | 什么点卷 |
[00:18] | Yeah, from when we went to the arcade three years ago? | 我们三年前去游乐场时拿到的点卷啊 |
[00:21] | I finally decided what prize I want. | 我想好我要换什么奖品了 |
[00:25] | Hurry up. | 快点啊 |
[00:27] | Uh, if I still have them, | 如果我还有留着 |
[00:29] | they’re probably in the junk box. | 估计就放在这个垃圾收集盒里了 |
[00:31] | Ooh, what are you gonna get? | 你准备换什么呢 |
[00:32] | None of your business. | 不关你的事 |
[00:33] | But when you see me wearing a flower | 但如果之后你看到我的西装上 |
[00:36] | in my lapel later, | 别了一朵花 |
[00:37] | you are most welcome to sniff it. | 欢迎你来闻闻 |
[00:41] | Yup, oh… here you go. | 找到了 给 |
[00:43] | Oh, thank you. | 谢啦 |
[00:44] | Here, get yourself an eraser for your troubles. | 去换个橡皮擦当你的辛苦费吧 |
[00:51] | I forgot about this. | 我都忘了这东西 |
[00:52] | My aunt made it for me when I started college. | 我要去上大学时 阿姨做给我的 |
[00:58] | Aw, did she hate you? | 她很讨厌你吗 |
[01:01] | Why? Because I got an ugly, itchy sweater, | 怎么会 是因为我拿到又丑又痒的毛衣 |
[01:03] | and my brother got a car? No, I was her favorite. | 而我哥拿到一台车吗 她绝对”比较宠我” |
[01:07] | Yeah, I seem to be a few tickets short. | 好像少了几张票 |
[01:09] | Are there more in the box? | 盒子里还有吗 |
[01:10] | Hmm, I think I got them all. | 应该都拿出来了吧 |
[01:12] | Nope, they’re not in there. | 没 里面没有了 |
[01:14] | Well, you barely looked. Let me see. | 你都没仔细找 我来吧 |
[01:16] | No, no, no, I-I looked, and… | 不用不用 我看过了 |
[01:18] | No more tickets. | 里面没了 |
[01:20] | Leonard, let me look in the box. | 莱纳德 让我看看 |
[01:21] | Okay, okay! | 别 别 |
[01:23] | I’m gonna show you what’s in the box. | 我可以让你看箱子里有什么 |
[01:25] | but just… promise not to flip out. | 但你得答应你不能跳脚 |
[01:28] | Why would I flip out? | 我为什么会跳脚 |
[01:29] | Is it a spider? | 是里面有蜘蛛吗 |
[01:31] | It’s a spider! | 有蜘蛛 |
[01:34] | No, if it was a spider, | 不会是蜘蛛啦 |
[01:36] | Lenny would’ve flipped out. | 有的话小莱莱早跳脚了 |
[01:38] | Okay, Sheldon, | 谢尔顿 |
[01:39] | I know I was supposed to return this DVD a long time ago, | 我知道很久以前就该还这张DVD了 |
[01:42] | and I know we rented it on your card. | 我也知道这是用你的卡去租的 |
[01:44] | But it’s been, like, seven years | 但这都过去七年了 |
[01:46] | and clearly nothing bad has happened. | 也没有任何不良后果 |
[01:48] | So in-in-in-instead of being | 所以… 与其跟平常一样 |
[01:50] | a giant pain in the ass like you always are, | 使劲找我麻烦 |
[01:53] | what if this one time | 何不就一次 |
[01:54] | you just tried staying calm? | 你试着保持冷静呢 |
[02:02] | That seems like a reasonable request. | 你这要求听起来颇为合理 |
[02:06] | Although so did, “Hey, Leonard, | 但是我的要求也很合理 莱纳德兄 |
[02:07] | would you mind returning that DVD?” | 能否劳烦你去还个DVD呢 |
[02:11] | I’m sorry. I’ll-Ill take care of it. | 我错了 我会去处理这事 |
[02:14] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:16] | I mean it, I’m going to. | 真心的 我会去处理 |
[02:19] | I believe you. | 我相信你啊 |
[02:23] | And you’re going to stay calm? | 你也会不生气 保持冷静吗 |
[02:25] | I said I would. | 我说了我会 |
[02:32] | How about that? | 看到没 |
[02:35] | Sheldon’s being reasonable. | 谢尔顿居然讲理了 |
[02:37] | Yeah, it’s freaking me out. I’m gonna go. | 对啊 有点吓到我了 我要走了 |
[03:07] | So… when you say | 所以 当你说你 |
[03:09] | you’re not going to freak out about the DVD, | 不会为DVD的事情气得跳脚时 |
[03:12] | here’s what that means. | 是指这些意思吧 |
[03:15] | Don’t fixate on it. | 你不会揪住这事不放 |
[03:16] | Don’t wake me up in the middle of the night. | 也不会半夜把我闹醒 |
[03:19] | Or nag me through the door | 或我在上厕所时 |
[03:20] | while I’m on the toilet. | 在门外烦我 |
[03:23] | Okay, first, talking to you while you’re on the toilet | 首先 在你上厕所时跟你说话 |
[03:26] | isn’t exactly a picnic for me either, okay? | 对我来说也不是很愉快好吗 |
[03:29] | Remember… | 别忘了 |
[03:30] | when you can hear me, I can hear you. | 你听得到我的声音 我也听得到”你的” |
[03:34] | And second… | 第二 |
[03:35] | you completely disregard | 你完全忽视了 |
[03:36] | how uncomfortable unresolved issues are for me. | 悬而未决事情对我的闹心程度 |
[03:39] | It’s-it’s like, a… | 那感觉就像… |
[03:40] | an itch in my brain I can’t scratch. | 我脑子里有个挠不到的痒痒 |
[03:43] | When I broke my arm I used | 我以前手臂打石膏时 |
[03:45] | to stick a coat hanger down there. | 痒了我就拿衣架子伸进去挠 |
[03:49] | You ever try that? Maybe go in through the ear? | 你试过吗 试试从你耳朵伸进去挠[请勿模仿] |
[03:53] | You wouldn’t make jokes if you could feel the way I feel. | 如果你能理解我 你就不会还在开玩笑了 |
[03:55] | Well, I don’t know how to do that. | 我不知道怎么理解你那感受啊 |
[03:59] | How about this? | 这样吧 |
[04:01] | I promise I won’t pester you about the DVD. | 我答应你不烦你这DVD的事 |
[04:04] | You can defecate in peace. | 也还你清静的拉屎时光 |
[04:07] | That’s a win for both of us. But… | 这对我们也是双赢 但是… |
[04:10] | until this matter is resolved, | 在你处理完这事之前 |
[04:12] | I would like you | 我要你 |
[04:14] | to wear this sweater. | 穿着这件毛衣 |
[04:18] | With nothing underneath it. | 而且底下不许穿任何衣服 |
[04:22] | That’s stupid. Why? | 这蠢爆了 为啥要我穿 |
[04:24] | You say it’s itchy and uncomfortable. | 你说这穿起来又痒又不舒服 |
[04:27] | I say situations like this make me feel the same way. | 我对这事的感受也正是如此 |
[04:30] | I’m telling you, try the hanger. | 信我的 试试用衣架子啊 |
[04:34] | Put it on. | 穿上 |
[04:35] | Let’s share the experience. | 体验体验我的感受 |
[04:38] | You got it. | 满足你 |
[04:41] | If this sweater shuts you up, | 如果穿上这毛衣就能让你闭嘴 |
[04:42] | I’m gonna make a fortune | 那我以后光卖这个 |
[04:43] | selling them to everyone we know. | 给我们认识的人 就能发大财 |
[04:47] | Now… | 现在 |
[04:48] | all I need to do is head down to the video store | 我只需要走到录像带店 |
[04:51] | and return the DVD. | 还了这DVD就行了 |
[04:57] | Oh, did I forget to tell you? | 我忘了跟你说了吗 |
[05:00] | That store went out of business years ago. | 那家店几年前就倒闭了 |
[05:06] | Really? | 是吗 |
[05:09] | How those nipples feeling, chief? | 你的咪咪感觉如何啊 猛将兄 |
[05:15] | Penny, can we please get our drinks? | 佩妮 能麻烦你把喝的给我们吗 |
[05:17] | Yeah, hang on, just give me sec. | 行 再等一下 |
[05:19] | At work today, I did an in vivo stereotaxic surgery. | 今天上班时 我做了一起立体定向手术 |
[05:22] | Cool. At my lab, | 厉害啊 今天在实验室 |
[05:23] | I performed ten laser capture micro-dissections. | 我做了十起激光捕获显微切割 |
[05:26] | I scraped gum off the bottom of that table. | 我今天就把桌子下面的口香糖刮下来了 |
[05:29] | Only ’cause my manager saw me put it there. | 因为我经理看见是我把它粘上去的 |
[05:32] | Oh, my gosh. | 天啊 |
[05:34] | That’s the girl that broke Rajesh’s heart. | 那不是伤了拉杰什心的那个女孩吗 |
[05:36] | That’s Lucy? | 她就是露西啊 |
[05:37] | I don’t know why but I always pictured her as Indian. | 不知道为什么 我总是以为那个女是个印度人 |
[05:40] | I think that reason’s called racism. | 因为你有种族歧视 |
[05:44] | I’m gonna go talk to her. | 我要过去跟她说话 |
[05:45] | Why? What are you gonna say? | 为什么 你要说什么 |
[05:47] | I’m not gonna say anything. | 我什么都不会说 |
[05:48] | I just want to check her out. | 我只是想探下她的口风 |
[05:49] | Because she hurt my friend. | 因为她伤害了我的朋友 |
[05:50] | My Indian friend. | 我的印度朋友 |
[05:53] | – Who’s racist now? – You. | -现在是谁种族歧视 -你啊 |
[05:55] | Because you just called him your “Indian friend.” | 因为你刚称拉杰是你的”印度朋友” |
[06:00] | Yeah, well, you’re short. | 怎样 你个矮冬瓜 |
[06:04] | We’re never getting our drinks. | 看来我们喝不上东西了 |
[06:06] | No, but we knew that. | 是啊 但我们早就料到了 |
[06:10] | Hey, can I start you off with something to drink? | 你想先来点喝的吗 |
[06:11] | – Oh, water would be great. – Okay. | -来杯水吧 -好的 |
[06:14] | Um, you’re Lucy, right? | 你是露西吧 |
[06:16] | I’m a friend of Raj Koothrappali’s. | 我是拉杰什·库萨帕里的朋友 |
[06:18] | Actually Amy recognized you. | 其实先认出你的是艾米 |
[06:28] | How’s he doing? | 他现在怎么样 |
[06:29] | Oh, you know, he’s good. | 还不错 |
[06:31] | Great. | 很好 |
[06:32] | Yeah, this is none of my business. | 这虽然不关我的事 |
[06:34] | But why did you break up with him in an e-mail? | 但你为什么要用一封电邮跟他分手 |
[06:38] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[06:39] | I guess I thought it would be easier. | 可能当时我觉得这样轻松点吧 |
[06:42] | Yeah, I get that. | 好吧 我懂了 |
[06:44] | I’ll go get you your water. | 我去给你拿水 |
[06:47] | When you say “easier,” | 你刚说”轻松点” |
[06:50] | you mean easier for you, right? | 是指对你而言 对吧 |
[06:52] | ‘Cause it certainly didn’t make it easier for him. | 因为这对他而言 一点也不轻松 |
[06:55] | Any chance I can get a different waitress? | 我能换一个服务员吗 |
[06:58] | I-I’m sorry, this is rude of me. | 很抱歉 我失礼了 |
[06:59] | I will go get that water. | 我现在就给你拿水 |
[07:02] | See, see, see, see. | 瞧瞧 瞧瞧 |
[07:05] | Just now you expressed your feelings to my face. | 刚才你就当着我的面 表达了你的感受 |
[07:07] | How come you could do that with me, but not Raj? | 为什么对我就可以 对拉杰就不行呢 |
[07:09] | I don’t know your e-mail. | 因为我不知道你的邮箱 |
[07:12] | You know what the worst part is? | 你知道最糟糕的是什么吗 |
[07:13] | You’re sitting here, perfectly happy | 你坐在这里 喜眉笑眼 |
[07:15] | and he’s at home, a blubbering mess. | 而他却窝在家 以泪洗面 |
[07:17] | Oh, I thought you said he was okay. | 你刚不是说他过得还不错吗 |
[07:18] | Well, I also said I was getting you water, | 我还说给你端水过来呢 |
[07:20] | but look at me still standing here. | 但我现在不还站在这教训你吗 |
[07:23] | You know, I may be a bad waitress, | 或许我是个烂服务员 |
[07:24] | but you are a bad person. | 但你是个烂人 |
[07:26] | Now, you want to hear the specials? | 对了 你想听听今晚的特餐吗 |
[07:49] | So, you can never take it off? | 你永远都不能脱下来吗 |
[07:52] | No. | 是的 |
[07:53] | Not even to sleep? | 连睡觉都不行吗 |
[07:54] | No. | 是的 |
[07:55] | So, you’re just an idiot? | 所以你就是一白痴嘛 |
[07:59] | It’s called proving a point. | 我是为了证明我的观点 |
[08:01] | Is the point you’re an idiot? | 你的观点就是你的白痴吗 |
[08:04] | Gentlemen, please. | 先生们 别这样嘛 |
[08:05] | Leonard is trying to walk a mile in my metaphorical shoes. | 莱纳德只是假设性穿着我的鞋 换位思考而已 |
[08:10] | He can’t walk in my actual shoes. | 当然他不能真穿我的鞋子 |
[08:12] | He has the feet of a toddler. | 因为他有双婴儿脚 |
[08:16] | So, how are you gonna return the DVD | 如果那家店已经关门了 |
[08:17] | if the store went out of business? | 你要怎么把DVD还给人家 |
[08:19] | Monday morning I’ll go downtown | 周一上午我会去市中心一趟 |
[08:21] | look up the owner’s information. | 查一下店主的资料 |
[08:23] | And send him the DVD. | 然后把DVD寄回去给他 |
[08:28] | Pay the late fee. | 再把滞纳金交了 |
[08:30] | And prove to Sheldon | 同时向谢尔顿证明 |
[08:31] | that you can have a problem and solve it… | 在遇到问题和解决问题的过程中 |
[08:36] | …without acting like a complete lunatic. | 人不一定都要表现得像个十足的疯子 |
[08:41] | And the man impersonating a bear would like everyone to know | 而那个假扮成熊的人会希望大家知道 |
[08:41] | 护林熊身穿美国护林警服装的漫画熊 其身上印有”Only you can prevent forest fires”字样 | |
[08:43] | that “Only you can prevent forest fires.” | “只有你能防止森林火灾” |
[08:49] | I don’t get it. | 我没明白笑点 |
[08:50] | – You didn’t have Smokey the Bear in India? – No. | -你们印度没有护林熊吗 -没有 |
[08:50] | 护林熊阻止森林火灾和环境保护的象征 | |
[08:52] | Oh, is he anything like, uh, Mun-Mun the Mongoose? | 是不是像我们的獴狐猴 |
[08:56] | He taught us not to play with cobras. | 它教导我们不要跟眼镜蛇一起玩 |
[09:00] | You had to be taught not to play with cobras? | 没人教你们就会去跟眼镜蛇玩吗 |
[09:05] | You had to be taught not to burn down the forest? | 没人教你们就会去烧森林吗 |
[09:17] | Hey, if you guys were hungry, | 你们要是肚子饿 |
[09:18] | why didn’t you order something at the restaurant? | 为什么在餐厅时不点东西吃呢 |
[09:19] | We did, you never brought it. | 我们点了啊 你没上菜而已 |
[09:23] | Oh, that’s right. | 对哦 |
[09:25] | Nachos and a turkey club. | 玉米片与火鸡三明治 |
[09:27] | Not even close. | 完全不对 |
[09:30] | Well, I was too busy standing up | 那是因为我当时忙着在 |
[09:32] | for my friend to worry about your… | 为我们的朋友挺身而出 没空上… |
[09:35] | I want to say salmon. | 我想说是三文鱼吧 |
[09:37] | You want to say sorry. | 你想说的应该是对不起 |
[09:45] | So, how are you gonna tell Raj abut what you did? | 所以你打算怎么跟拉杰解释你的行为 |
[09:47] | What do you mean “how”? What’s the big deal? | 干嘛要想怎么解释 没什么大不了的 |
[09:49] | You told Lucy he was a pathetic mess. | 你告诉露西他以泪洗面 |
[09:51] | Then you made her cry and leave. | 把人家都说到哭着跑了 |
[09:53] | Okay, you guys are overreacting. | 够了 你们想得也太严重了 |
[09:55] | Raj is gonna appreciate how I had his back. | 拉杰会感谢我为他挺身而出的 |
[09:57] | What is wrong with you, Penny?! | 你脑子进水了吗 佩妮 |
[10:00] | You ruined any chance I had of getting back with Lucy! | 你毁了我与她重修旧好的可能性 |
[10:03] | Now she knows I’m a desperate mess | 现在她知道我很悲催凄凉了 |
[10:05] | instead of just being pretty sure! | 她本来只能九成确定呢 |
[10:10] | It’s Lucy. | 是露西 |
[10:11] | She wants to meet for coffee. | 她想邀我一起喝咖啡 |
[10:13] | I love you, Penny! | 我爱你 佩妮 |
[10:21] | Hey, what’re you working on? | 你在忙什么呢 |
[10:23] | I’m thinking about how one could use | 我在思考能不能借助 |
[10:26] | the fact that a rapidly rotating mirror | 快速旋转镜把虚光子 |
[10:28] | turns virtual photons into real ones | 转化为光子的方法 |
[10:30] | as a method of observing dark energy. | 来解决吸收暗能量的问题 |
[10:34] | That’s a pretty cool idea. | 这主意挺有意思 |
[10:35] | Yeah. It’s great you’re here. | 是的 你来得正好 |
[10:37] | I’d love to get an engineer’s opinion. | 我非常想听听工程师的意见 |
[10:39] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[10:40] | This chair is squeaky. | 我这椅子老吱吱响 |
[10:46] | Now, do I fix it or get a new one? | 你说我是送修还是买把新的 |
[10:50] | Well, Sheldon, it took me all morning, | 谢尔顿 我花了一早上的时间 |
[10:52] | but I found the owner of the video store. | 终于找到了那家录像店的店主 |
[10:55] | And I am happy to report that he died peacefully in his sleep, | 我很高兴地宣布 他是在睡梦中平静地死去 |
[10:57] | drunk at the bottom of a pool. | 也就是喝醉后淹死在泳池底了 |
[11:01] | Anyway, there is no one to return the DVD to, | 总之 这DVD没有地方还 |
[11:04] | so this issue is resolved. | 问题圆满解决了 |
[11:10] | And I’d just like to point out that | 我要特别说明一点 |
[11:12] | even though the sweater was uncomfortable, | 虽然这毛衣让人好不舒服 |
[11:14] | I didn’t use it as an excuse | 我也没有以此为借口 |
[11:16] | to antagonize everyone around me. | 到处顶撞周围的人 |
[11:18] | You know, you could reimburse the video store owner’s next of kin. | 你可以把它还给录像店老板的亲戚嘛 |
[11:21] | Or it’s resolved! | 都说问题已经解决了 |
[11:26] | Hey, that next of kin thing sounds pretty good. | 还给亲戚这主意听上去不错 |
[11:30] | I believe this is yours. | 这是你掉的吧 |
[11:38] | Can I ask you guys a question? | 能问你们个问题吗 |
[11:39] | So, I’m seeing Lucy tomorrow night, | 我明晚就要去见露西了 |
[11:41] | and I’ve never hung out with someone who broke up with me. | 我从来没和甩掉我的人出去玩过 |
[11:43] | How do you do it? | 我该怎么做呢 |
[11:44] | You can’t let her know you’re hurting. | 你不能让她发现你很受伤 |
[11:46] | You know, the key is confidence. | 关键是要充满自信 |
[11:47] | Why is the key always confidence? | 为什么每件事的关键都是充满自信 |
[11:49] | How come it’s never love handles and flop sweat? | 怎么就不能是腰间赘肉啦 焦虑不安啦 |
[11:55] | If this girl hurt you so much, | 如果这姑娘伤你这么深 |
[11:56] | are you sure you want to see her again? | 你真的还想和她见面吗 |
[11:58] | Well, if I may… | 容我说明一下 |
[11:59] | he has so little self-respect | 他这人自尊心几乎为零 |
[12:01] | and is so desperate for the smallest crumb of affection, | 又极度渴望哪怕是微乎其微的爱情 |
[12:03] | she could literally sleep with his own father | 所以她就算在拉杰的床上 |
[12:05] | in his own bed and post the video to YouTube, | 睡了他爹 还把视频发到网上 |
[12:07] | and he’d still buy her flowers | 拉杰还是会送花给她 |
[12:09] | and ask her to be his bride. | 并向她求婚 |
[12:14] | He’s right. | 他说得没错 |
[12:18] | But in my defense, if we could survive that, | 但我的理由是 如果能通过这个考验 |
[12:20] | we could survive anything. | 世上还有什么能把我俩分开呢 |
[12:23] | Well, if you’re sure you want to do this, | 既然你真的愿意这么做 |
[12:25] | it’s only coffee… | 反正也只是喝个咖啡而已 |
[12:26] | just relax and see what happens. | 你就放松心态 静观其变吧 |
[12:28] | – Well, can I say she looks nice? – Sure. | -那我能夸她气色不错吗 -当然 |
[12:31] | Can I tell her I miss her? | 能说我好想她吗 |
[12:33] | Maybe, if she asks. | 如果她问起的话 也许吧 |
[12:34] | Oh, can I show her an oil painting I made | 能给她看看我手绘的一幅 |
[12:36] | of us surrounded by our children and grandchildren? | 我和她被儿孙们环绕的油画吗 |
[12:41] | I’d save that for the second date. | 这还是留着第二次见面时再说吧 |
[12:44] | Good, good. | 也好 也好 |
[12:45] | ‘Cause no matter how hard I try, | 反正不管我怎么努力 |
[12:47] | I cannot get the twins to look alike. | 都没法把那对双胞胎画得一模一样 |
[12:56] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[12:57] | Oh, I’m just trying to find the stupid next of kin | 我在寻找那个傻逼店主的 |
[13:00] | to this stupid video store owner so I can return the DVD | 傻逼亲戚 好把DVD还给他们 |
[13:03] | and see the look on Sheldon’s stupid face | 好欣赏谢尔顿看到这事没烦到我时 |
[13:06] | when he sees that I didn’t let this get to me. | 他脸上的傻逼表情 |
[13:11] | Sheldon’s not here. | 谢尔顿又不在 |
[13:12] | Why don’t you take the sweater off? | 干嘛不把毛衣脱下来 |
[13:13] | Th-Th-There’s a principle at stake! | 这牵涉到原则问题 |
[13:15] | – Which is? – Oh, I don’t know. | -什么原则 -我也不知道 |
[13:17] | Who cares? Look at me! | 谁管它呀 看我这一身 |
[13:19] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[13:20] | Is that sweater made of bees? | 这毛衣是用蜜蜂织的吗 |
[13:23] | Come on, take it off. I won’t tell. | 快脱下来吧 我不会告诉他的 |
[13:25] | No, no, honey, if I take it off, Sheldon wins. | 不行 如果我脱下来的话 谢尔顿就赢了 |
[13:27] | Sweetie… | 亲爱的 |
[13:28] | every night you don’t kill him in his sleep, | 每天夜里你没有把他谋杀在睡梦之中时 |
[13:30] | he wins. | 他就已经赢了 |
[13:33] | Nah, I-it’s… it’s almost done. | 算了…我就快成功了 |
[13:35] | I just, I have to find…the next of kin, | 我只需要找到他的亲戚 |
[13:38] | and send ’em the DVD | 把DVD寄给他们 |
[13:39] | and then just wait for someone with my complexion to die | 然后坐等和我肤色相同的人死掉 |
[13:41] | so I can get a skin graft. | 我就可以植皮了 |
[13:45] | Smile. | 笑一个 |
[13:46] | What-what is that? What is that for? | 你这是干嘛 拍照干嘛 |
[13:48] | So you can send it to Princeton | 你可以把它发给普林斯顿大学 |
[13:49] | and get your money back. | 把你白交的学费要回来 |
[13:55] | I must say, Sheldon, | 不得不说 谢尔顿 |
[13:57] | you’re handling this DVD business | 这DVD的事 你处理得 |
[13:58] | with an impressive amount of maturity. | 相当成熟 令我刮目相看 |
[14:00] | I don’t know why that surprises you. | 这有什么可感叹的 |
[14:02] | I’m a grown man. | 我本来就是个成熟的人 |
[14:04] | As should be evident by this sport coat | 我的运动夹克 |
[14:06] | and very real flower in my lapel. | 和这朵逼真的胸花也证实了这一点 |
[14:10] | Is there some kind of new coping mechanism you’re employing? | 你是不是实践了某种新的应对机制呀 |
[14:13] | The more interesting question you should be asking is, | 你应该问点更有趣的问题 |
[14:16] | “What does this flower smell like?” | 比如”这朵花闻起来是什么香味呢” |
[14:20] | I’m gonna go with sad. | 我看是”可悲味”吧 |
[14:24] | So what’s the story with you and this DVD? | 所以那DVD背后有什么内幕吗 |
[14:26] | There’s nothing to tell. | 哪有什么内幕 |
[14:27] | Maybe I purchased a book entitled, | 也许是因为我买了一本书 |
[14:29] | Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff | 叫做《别为小事担忧》 |
[14:31] | and I followed its wise suggestions, | 我听从了里面的睿智建议 |
[14:34] | one of which was: | 其中一条是 |
[14:35] | stop and smell the flowers. | 驻足片刻闻花香[别说了 快闻花吧] |
[14:39] | – Seriously? – Please. | -你不是吧 -求你啦 |
[14:58] | – Hi. – Hello. | -你好 -来啦 |
[15:00] | Oh, it’s so good to see you. | 见到你我真高兴 |
[15:02] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[15:03] | Please, sit. | 请坐 |
[15:05] | I, uh, I got you a cappuccino. | 我帮你点了卡布奇诺 |
[15:06] | I remembered it was your favorite. | 我记得这是你最喜欢的 |
[15:08] | I also got crumb cake, | 我还点了屑饼蛋糕 |
[15:09] | but I remembered it was my favorite and I ate it. | 但我想起来这是我最喜欢的 我就吃了 |
[15:14] | Anyway, uh, how are you? | 总之 你还好吗 |
[15:16] | I’m pretty good. | 挺好的 |
[15:18] | Listen, I just wanted to apologize | 听我说 我想跟你道歉 |
[15:20] | for breaking up with you in an e-mail. | 我不该用一封电邮和你分手 |
[15:22] | Well, and I ate all the crumb cake. | 我也吃光了屑饼蛋糕 |
[15:23] | we both made mistakes. | 人都会犯错的嘛 |
[15:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:27] | I’m so happy you asked me here, | 你约我出来我真是太高兴了 |
[15:29] | and I hope we can hang out again sometime. | 希望我们改天还能再聚 |
[15:32] | You know, as friends, | 不论是朋友关系 |
[15:33] | lovemaking partners, whatever. | 还是炮友关系 都行 |
[15:39] | I’m kind of seeing someone. | 其实我有对象了 |
[15:43] | I think I know the answer to this, | 我想我知道怎么回答 |
[15:44] | but just to be clear, it’s not me, right? | 但还是要搞清楚 你说的不是我 对吗 |
[15:49] | This is all your fault! | 这全是你的错 |
[15:52] | I should’ve listened to Mun-Mun | 我应该听獴狐猴的话 |
[15:53] | because I’ve been playing with a cobra | 因为我一直在和 |
[15:55] | and her name is Penny! | 叫做佩妮的眼镜蛇玩 |
[15:57] | Why are you so cruel? | 你为什么这么残忍 |
[15:58] | Do you enjoy my pain? | 看着我痛苦你很享受吗 |
[16:00] | There’s a girl at the Cheesecake Factory I can set you up with. | 芝士蛋糕工厂有个女生 我可以帮你介绍 |
[16:02] | I love you, Penny! | 我爱你 佩妮 |
[16:08] | How is it I can conceptualize a methodology | 为什么我能将检测宇宙暗物质的 |
[16:10] | of examining dark matter in the universe | 方法概念化 |
[16:12] | but can’t figure out how to fix a novelty squirt flower? | 却想不出办法修好整蛊喷水花呢 |
[16:17] | I think the real question is, | 我想真正的问题在于 |
[16:18] | why do you waste your time with cheap, childish pranks? | 你为什么要将时间浪费在廉价幼稚的恶作剧上 |
[16:22] | There’s probably a deep reason. | 可能有深层的原因 |
[16:24] | Which I’d be happy to discuss with you | 我很乐意和你一边吃点罐子里的花生糖 |
[16:26] | over some peanut brittle in a can. | 一边讨论这个问题 |
[16:30] | Okay, Sheldon, I am out of options! | 谢尔顿 我已经没办法了 |
[16:32] | Video store owner, Nursis Manookian, | 录像带店的老板 勒西斯·曼鲁奇恩 |
[16:35] | has no next of kin! | 根本就没有直系亲属 |
[16:37] | Well, you seem hot under the collar… | 你看起来怒气冲冲的 |
[16:40] | or is that the sweater? | 是毛衣闹的吗 |
[16:42] | Oh, oh, no, no. | 不不 |
[16:43] | I-It’s because I spent all afternoon | 是因为我花了一下午时间 |
[16:45] | at the Armenian church where his funeral mass was held. | 去举行他葬礼的亚美尼亚教堂调查 |
[16:48] | According to Father Solakian, | 据索拉奇恩神父所说 |
[16:50] | no one attended. | 没人参加葬礼 |
[16:51] | Luckily, my trip wasn’t a complete waste. | 幸运的是 我跑这趟并不是完全浪费时间 |
[16:53] | I lit a candle and prayed for your death. | 我点了根蜡烛 祈祷你快死 |
[16:55] | But I’m not Armenian, so it probably won’t work! | 但我不是亚美尼亚人 所以可能不管用 |
[16:59] | This is over, right? | 这事结束了 对吧 |
[17:01] | Oh, not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[17:04] | I suggest you look for long-lost relatives | 我建议你去亚美尼亚或是黎巴嫩 |
[17:07] | either in Armenia or Lebanon. | 找找有没有失联已久的亲戚 |
[17:12] | Listen to me, Sheldon. | 听好了 谢尔顿 |
[17:13] | I am not going to Lebanon | 我不会去黎巴嫩 |
[17:16] | to return Super Mario Bros. the movie! | 还《超级马里奥兄弟》的影碟 |
[17:21] | You know, it might be fun. | 也许很好玩呢 |
[17:23] | You love hummus. | 反正你爱吃鹰嘴豆泥[黎巴嫩特色食品] |
[17:26] | Why isn’t this bothering you? | 为什么你好像不在意这事呢 |
[17:28] | I-Isn’t your brain getting itchy? | 你的脑袋里面不痒吗 |
[17:31] | This is on your card. | 这是你的卡借的 |
[17:33] | This could be ruining your credit score! | 有可能会毁了你的信用记录 |
[17:35] | Why isn’t this making you crazy? | 为什么这事没让你发疯呢 |
[17:40] | Leonard… | 莱纳德 |
[17:43] | I have something to tell you, | 我有话跟你说 |
[17:45] | but I want you to promise not to flip out. | 但我要你保证 不许跳脚 |
[17:48] | What? | 什么事 |
[17:51] | Seven years ago, | 七年前 |
[17:53] | I found out the DVD was late | 我发现DVD过期未还 |
[17:55] | and I paid for it. | 已经付了钱了 |
[18:04] | What? | 什么 |
[18:07] | I was going to mention it at the time, | 我当时准备跟你说的 |
[18:09] | but then I thought, some day, | 但我想 有一天 |
[18:12] | this might be a teachable moment. | 这件事能给你好好上一课 |
[18:39] | I… You… | 我…你… |
[18:40] | How can… | 怎么这样 |
[18:41] | What?! | 你是不是人啊 |
[18:48] | Sheldon… | 谢尔顿 |
[18:49] | that was diabolical. | 你这样做太恶毒了 |
[18:52] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:55] | And it wasn’t easy. | 其实我也不容易 |
[18:56] | Do you have any idea what it’s like to wait for years | 你明白等待多年却不知道 |
[18:59] | and never know if you’re going to finally get satisfaction? | 能否得到最终的”满足” 有多痛苦吗 |
[19:11] | You’re even prettier than Penny said. | 你比佩妮形容的还要漂亮 |
[19:13] | I can’t believe a girl like you | 我不敢相信你这样的女生 |
[19:15] | doesn’t have a boyfriend. | 居然没有男友 |
[19:16] | Well, I don’t. | 我没有 |
[19:17] | I don’t believe you, you’re lying to me! | 我不相信你 你在骗我 |
[19:20] | What? | 什么 |
[19:21] | Oh, it’s okay. | 没关系 |
[19:22] | I have no morals and I’m desperately lonely. | 我没道德底线 我寂寞到绝望的程度 |
[19:24] | I’ll be the other man | 我不介意做小三 |
[19:25] | if you want a little something-something on the side. | 你要一枝红杏出墙来 我会依着墙角站 |
[19:28] | What is wrong with you?! | 你脑子进水了吗 |
[19:30] | What is wrong with you?! | 你脑子进水了吗 |
[19:32] | What is wrong with you?! | 你脑子进水了吗 |