时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | So, anyway, last night on video chat, I spent, like, | 昨晚视频聊天的时候 我看着Lucy的双眼 |
[00:04] | 20 minutes just staring into Lucy’s eyes. | 整整20分钟 |
[00:06] | Oh, that sounds romantic. | 噢 听起来好浪漫 |
[00:08] | It was until I realized the screen had frozen. | 后来我才发现是画面卡住了 |
[00:12] | Still one of my top three dates of all time. | 但这还是我最喜欢的三次约会之一 |
[00:14] | So, are we ever gonna hang out with this girl? | 我们到底能不能见到她啊? |
[00:17] | I’d love that, | 我想带她来 |
[00:18] | but she’s not really comfortable around people. | 但她真的不喜欢到人多的地方 |
[00:20] | Yeah, I used to be uncomfortable around people, | 没错 我以前也不喜欢人多的地方 |
[00:23] | but then I learned a trick. | 后来我想了个诀窍 |
[00:25] | I pretend everyone I meet | 我假装遇到的所有人 |
[00:27] | is a beloved character from Star Trek. | 都是我喜欢的”星际迷航”里的人物 |
[00:30] | How’s that been working for you? | 效果怎么样? |
[00:32] | Oh, like a charm, unnamed crewman in a red shirt. | 这招很神的 嗯 穿红衬衫的无名船员 |
[00:35] | Leonard, I may have gotten you a job. | Leonard 我可能帮你找了份工作 |
[00:40] | I have a job. | 我有工作 |
[00:41] | Yes, he does. | 他的确有 |
[00:42] | He caters to my every whim. | 他负责迎合我的每次突发奇想 |
[00:44] | No, in a couple of weeks, Stephen Hawking’s team | 不是 几周之后 史蒂芬·霍金的团队 |
[00:48] | is sending an expedition to the North Sea | 要去北海考察 |
[00:50] | to test hydrodynamic simulations of black holes. | 验证黑洞理论的流体力学模拟 |
[00:53] | One of their experimental physicists dropped out, | 他们的一个实验物理学家退出了 |
[00:55] | and I recommended you. | 我就推荐了你 |
[00:57] | Well, do you really think I have a shot? | 你真觉得我能行吗? |
[01:00] | Yeah, I’ve worked with Hawking. I talked you up. | 没错 我和霍金一起工作过 跟他说起过你 |
[01:02] | He knows your research. | 他知道你的研究工作 |
[01:03] | I think this could happen. | 我觉得这能行 |
[01:04] | He knows… Wow! | 他知道… 哇! |
[01:07] | Well, now, but do you think that’s a good idea? | 但你觉得这是个好主意吗? |
[01:11] | Uh, you know Star Trek. | 你也看过星际迷航 |
[01:13] | Should a guy with no name | 穿红衬衫的无名船员 |
[01:15] | and a red shirt really go on an expedition? | 真的是去参加科学考察的料吗? |
[01:19] | Hey, don’t discourage him. | 嘿 别泄他的气 |
[01:20] | This is a fantastic opportunity. | 这是个很棒的机会 |
[01:22] | No one asked you, Uhura. | 没人问你 Uhura(星际迷航中一位黑人女船员) |
[01:28] | Would you like to hear a classic Sheldon Cooper factoid? | 想不想听一个经典的Sheldon Cooper仿真陈述? |
[01:32] | – What do you think? – Great. | – 你觉得呢? – 太想听了 |
[01:35] | I’ve been doing some reading about vehicular safety. | 我读了一些有关交通安全的报导 |
[01:38] | Did you know that the highest number | 你知道吗 溺水事件发生频率 |
[01:41] | of drowning accidents happen on or around boats? | 最高的地方是在船上或船只附近 |
[01:46] | Interesting that you would bring that up | 有意思 你是因为我可能要去船上工作 |
[01:49] | when I might go work on a boat. | 才说这话的吧 |
[01:51] | Well, that’s the thing about factoids… | 仿真陈述的魅力就在于此… |
[01:52] | they’re interesting. | 它们很有意思 |
[01:56] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你想干嘛 |
[01:58] | You don’t want me going on this research trip | 你不想让我去参加考察 |
[02:00] | because you’re afraid to be alone. | 因为你害怕自己会孤单 |
[02:02] | I’m not afraid to be alone. | 我才不怕自己会孤单 |
[02:04] | On land. | 至少在陆地上不会 |
[02:07] | On the sea, it would be terrifying. | 在海上就很恐怖了 |
[02:11] | Because of all the drowning. | 因为会溺水的 |
[02:14] | Sheldon. | 够了 Sheldon |
[02:16] | Fine, no more drowning talk. | 好吧 我不说溺水的事了 |
[02:18] | I’ll change the subject. | 换个话题 |
[02:20] | Oh. Who do you think would win in a fight… | 噢 你觉得打起架来谁能赢… |
[02:23] | you or a shark? | 你还是鲨鱼? |
[02:27] | Look, I appreciate your signature blend | 听着 你总是把对我的担忧和你惊人的自私 |
[02:30] | of concern for me and incredible selfishness. | 完美地融在一起 我表示感谢 |
[02:34] | If I get the chance to do this, | 但如果我能去的话 |
[02:35] | there is nothing you can say that’s going to stop me. | 你说什么都阻止不了我的 |
[02:38] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[02:41] | Things between you and Penny have never been better. | 现在你和Penny的感情真是挺好啊 |
[02:44] | I hope four months apart doesn’t change anything. | 我希望你们分开四个月后依旧恩爱 |
[02:53] | I should have opened with that, huh? | 我一开始就该说这个的 对吧? |
[02:56] | * Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state * | * 宇宙一度又烫又稠密 * |
[02:59] | * Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started… Wait! * | * 140亿年前终于爆了炸… 等着瞧! * |
[03:03] | * The Earth began to cool * | * 地球开始降温 * |
[03:04] | * The autotrophs began to drool, Neanderthals developed tools * | * 自养生物来起哄 穴居人发明工具 * |
[03:07] | * We built the Wall We built the pyramids * | * 我们建长城 我们建金字塔 * |
[03:10] | * Math, Science, History, unraveling the mystery * | * 数学 自然科学 历史 揭开神秘 * |
[03:12] | * That all started with a big bang * | * 一切由大爆炸开始 * |
[03:25] | If you look carefully at Venus, | 如果你仔细看金星 |
[03:27] | you should be able to see | 应该就能看到 |
[03:28] | the International Space Station pass by. | 国际宇宙空间站飘过 |
[03:31] | Wow. | 哇 |
[03:33] | Your friend was actually up there? | 你朋友真的上去过? |
[03:34] | Yeah. He brought me back a T-shirt that said, | 没错 他给我带了件T恤回来 上面写着 |
[03:37] | “My Friend Went to the Space Station | “我朋友去了宇宙空间站 |
[03:38] | and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt.” | 带给我的只有这件烂T恤” |
[03:42] | Did he take the T-shirt to space? | 他把T恤带到宇宙去了? |
[03:44] | Nope. It’s exactly as lousy as advertised. | 没有 正如T恤上写的一样烂 |
[03:48] | Speaking of friends, | 说到我的那些朋友 |
[03:50] | they have been asking to meet you. | 他们说想和你见面 |
[03:52] | I was thinking | 我在想 |
[03:54] | maybe we could all hang out sometime? | 也许我们应该一起聚一聚? |
[03:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:57] | How many are there? | 一共有几个人? |
[03:58] | Let’s see. Six. | 我来数数 一共六个 |
[04:00] | That’s pretty cool. I have six friends! | 酷毙了 我竟然有六个朋友! |
[04:04] | Kind of like Sinatra. | 有点弗兰克·辛纳屈的感觉了 (音乐巨星) |
[04:08] | Six strangers? | 六个陌生人? |
[04:10] | That’s a lot of pressure. | 压力山大啊 |
[04:12] | Staring at me, asking me personal questions. | 他们会看着我 问各种个人问题 |
[04:14] | Like, “What do you do?” | 比如 “你是做什么的?” |
[04:16] | “Where are you from?” | “你从哪儿来?” |
[04:18] | “Why did you lock yourself in the bathroom?” | “你为什么要把自己锁在厕所里?” |
[04:21] | Okay, how about you just dip your toe in | 好吧 实在不行就试试 |
[04:24] | and meet one of them? | 先见一个怎么样? |
[04:25] | Will you be there? | 你会去吗? |
[04:28] | Of course. | 当然 |
[04:29] | Well, that’s two. Three if you count me. | 这样就有两个人 算上我就三个了 |
[04:31] | Oh, this is getting out of hand. | 噢 人实在太多了 |
[04:36] | So, then, during my afternoon shift, | 好吧 我下午上班时 |
[04:38] | I spilled an entire tray of drinks on myself. | 把一托盘的饮料都翻到自己身上了 |
[04:40] | Oh, that’s awful. | 噢 太糟了 |
[04:42] | Not really. My shirt was soaking wet. | 不算糟 我的衬衫都湿透了 |
[04:43] | – I got, like, the biggest tip of my life. – Oh. | – 我却拿到了这辈子最多的小费 – 这样 |
[04:48] | So, listen, do you remember when I said | 听着 你还记得我说过 |
[04:51] | the similarities of the equations | 广义相对论和流体力学 |
[04:53] | of general relativity and hydrodynamics suggest | 两者的方程非常相似 |
[04:55] | you could find the equivalent of Unruh radiation | 这暗示着在大面积的水域里能找到 |
[04:58] | in a large body of water? | 盎鲁辐射的等价体吗? |
[04:59] | I thought I said that to you. | 我以为这是我告诉你的 |
[05:05] | Anyway, | 好吧 |
[05:07] | Stephen Hawking’s team is looking into that, | 史蒂芬·霍金的团队正在研究这个方向 |
[05:10] | and I’ve been invited to join them. | 我收到加入他们的邀请了 |
[05:12] | Wow, Hawking! | 哇 霍金! |
[05:13] | Good for you! | 真为你高兴! |
[05:14] | Well, it is. | 的确很开心 |
[05:16] | Just… you know, I’d be gone for a while. | 只是… 要知道 我得离开一段时间 |
[05:18] | Well, how long? | 多久? |
[05:19] | Three, four months. | 三到四个月 |
[05:20] | Whoa. | 哇 |
[05:22] | When would you leave? | 那什么时候出发? |
[05:24] | Couple weeks. | 几周后 |
[05:25] | Wow. | 哇 |
[05:26] | O… Okay, well, I’ll just come visit you. | 好… 好吧 我会去看你的 |
[05:28] | That’s the thing… you can’t. | 这就是问题所在… 你没法来看我 |
[05:30] | I’ll be on a ship in the North Sea. | 我是去北海的船上工作 |
[05:32] | On a ship? | 船上? |
[05:34] | Aren’t they afraid Hawking will just roll overboard? | 他们难道就不怕霍金直接滚到水里去吗? |
[05:37] | Uh, he’s not gonna be there. | 呃 他不会亲自去的 |
[05:40] | He’s just sending a team to research his theory. | 他只是派一支队伍去验证他的理论 |
[05:43] | Oh, sure. | 好吧 |
[05:44] | Like when you send me to kill spiders in your bathtub. | 就跟你派我去打死浴缸里的蜘蛛一样 |
[05:49] | Wow. Okay. | 哇 好吧 |
[05:51] | Four months. | 四个月 |
[05:53] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[05:54] | And I’m a little worried | 我有点担心 |
[05:56] | because things between us have been so great, | 因为我们现在感情这么好 |
[05:59] | and I’d hate to do anything that screws that up. | 我很怕会毁了这一切 |
[06:01] | Oh, sweetie, if you’re gonna screw things up, | 宝贝 你要搞砸事情的话 |
[06:03] | it’s gonna be while you’re here, not while you’re away. | 也是你在这儿的时候 你不在就不会 |
[06:06] | Oh. | 噢 |
[06:11] | No. I mean, look, you have to go. | 我是说 听着 你必须得去 |
[06:13] | It sounds like an amazing opportunity. | 这听上去是个很棒的机会 |
[06:15] | And I’m just basing that | 我是根据 |
[06:16] | on how much I didn’t understand what you said about it. | 我听不懂的程度来判断的 |
[06:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:21] | I’ll confirm the travel arrangements in the morning. | 那我明早就去确认行程去了 |
[06:24] | Okay. Good. | 好 不错 |
[06:26] | I do have to ask you one favor. | 我得请你帮个忙 |
[06:28] | Sure. | 说吧 |
[06:29] | Sheldon’s nervous about me leaving. | 我要走了 Sheldon很紧张 |
[06:30] | Just keep an eye on him while I’m gone. | 我不在的时候帮我照顾照顾他 |
[06:32] | Oh, I don’t know. | 哦 这就不好说了 |
[06:34] | Remember what happened when I took care of your goldfish? | 还记得我帮你照看金鱼的事吗? |
[06:38] | Well, flush Sheldon down the toilet and get me a new one. | 好吧 那就把Sheldon冲进马桶 给我换个新的吧 |
[06:44] | Really, you guys do not need to throw me a going-away party. | 真的 你们不用给我办欢送会的 |
[06:47] | Are you kidding me? | 那怎么行? |
[06:48] | How often can you say “Bon voyage” to somebody | 现在还有多少机会能跟一个 |
[06:51] | when they’re actually going on a voyage? | 真的要坐船走的人说一”帆”风顺啊? |
[06:56] | Hello, Rajesh. | 嗨 Rajesh |
[07:01] | Hello, Amy. Nice to see you. | 嗨 Amy 很高兴见到你 |
[07:06] | What can I say? It’s funnier with the accent. | 我还能怎么说? 带上你的口音更好玩嘛 |
[07:09] | There’s beer in the fridge. | 冰箱里有啤酒 |
[07:11] | Anyway, you guys really don’t need to make a big deal. | 不管怎么说 你们真的不用这么当回事 |
[07:14] | Leonard, you’re being selfish. | Leonard 你太自私了 |
[07:15] | We need to give you a proper send-off so we’ll have closure | 我们要给你举办欢送会 这样你万一掉海里被螃蟹吃掉了 |
[07:18] | when you die at sea and crabs eat your face. | 我们之间也算有个了结 |
[07:22] | Sheldon, sweetie, shut up. | Sheldon 宝贝 闭嘴 |
[07:24] | You know, one of the things | 你知道吗 当年Howard去太空那么久 |
[07:26] | that helped me get through Howard being in space | 帮我渡过了这一时期的一件重要事情就是 |
[07:28] | for so long was getting married before he left. | 在他走之前跟他结了婚 |
[07:34] | Bernadette, sweetie, shut up. | Bernadette 亲爱的 别说了 |
[07:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:39] | I have a request to make. | 我有一个请求 |
[07:41] | And now he can talk. | 现在他能说话了 |
[07:43] | I want to cut open your brain | 我真想切开你的大脑 |
[07:45] | and see what the heck’s going on in there. | 看看里面到底是怎么回事 |
[07:49] | The only person allowed inside this head is Dr. Phil. | 我只允许菲力医生进我的脑子 (著名脱口秀主持) |
[07:52] | Anyway, | 不管怎样 |
[07:54] | I… I spoke to my new lady friend about meeting you all, | 我… 我想让我的女士朋友见见大家 |
[07:56] | and she thought it would be easier for her | 但她觉得先见一个人 |
[07:58] | to start with just one. | 对她来说会容易一些 |
[07:59] | Oh, gee, I don’t know. | 哦 天啊 我可说不准 |
[08:01] | My schedule’s a little busy. | 我最近有点忙 |
[08:03] | Actually, I was thinking Leonard. | 其实 我想的是Leonard的 |
[08:06] | Oh. Thank you, Raj. | 哦 谢了 Raj |
[08:07] | I’d be honored. | 我很荣幸 |
[08:08] | What the hell? | 搞什么啊? |
[08:10] | I thought I was your best friend. | 我还以为我是你最好的朋友呢 |
[08:12] | You are, but you’ve got kind of a big personality, | 你确实是 但你个性太张扬了 |
[08:15] | with your flashy clothes and your Woody Allen swagger. | 衣服花里胡哨 走路摆得像伍迪·艾伦 |
[08:21] | You know, | 你知道 |
[08:22] | maybe she’d be more comfortable meeting a girl first. | 也许先见一个女生会让她舒服一点 |
[08:25] | Good idea. Bernadette? | 有道理 Bernadette 怎么样? |
[08:26] | What the hell? | 搞什么啊? |
[08:28] | Well, you’re very pretty. | 因为你太漂亮了 |
[08:30] | That could be intimidating to another woman. | 这对其他女人来说是种威胁 |
[08:32] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 也对 |
[08:34] | Hey, you don’t think I’m pretty enough to scare your girlfriend? | 嘿 你是觉得我不漂亮 不会吓到你的女朋友吗? |
[08:37] | Calm down, Bernie. | 冷静点 Bernie |
[08:39] | You’re very scary. | 你够吓人了 |
[08:43] | It should be me. | 应该让我去 |
[08:44] | Why? | 去干嘛? |
[08:45] | So you can make jokes about cutting open my brain? | 去开玩笑说要切开我的大脑吗? |
[08:47] | A, that was not a joke. | 第一 那不是个玩笑 |
[08:50] | That was a sincere request. | 那是个真诚的请求 |
[08:53] | And B, more importantly, | 第二 也是更重要的一点 |
[08:55] | I was the outsider to this group, | 我原本不属于你们这个群体 |
[08:57] | and I know how frightening that can be. | 而且我知道想要融入进来确实很不容易 |
[08:59] | But you guys took me in and made me feel loved, | 不过你们大家接纳了我 让我感受到了你们的关爱 |
[09:02] | like I was family. | 把我当家人一样 |
[09:07] | Fine, I’ll do it. | 好吧 我去就是了 |
[09:12] | So, after I started dating Sheldon, | 所以 我和Sheldon开始约会之后 |
[09:14] | I met Leonard, and then everybody else, | 就见到了Leonard 还有他们所有人 |
[09:17] | and they’ve all been so wonderful to me. | 他们对我都特别好 |
[09:19] | That’s really nice to hear. | 听起来真好 |
[09:20] | Maybe next week, we could all get together. | 也许下周 我们可以在一起聚一聚 |
[09:22] | Oh, Lucy, you don’t have to answer that. | 哦 Lucy 你不用回答她 |
[09:25] | Don’t put her on the spot. She hates that. | 你别逼她 她不喜欢这样 |
[09:27] | Am I right? Tell her how much you hate | 不是吗? 告诉她你有多讨厌 |
[09:29] | being put on the spot. Go ahead, tell her. | 被人逼迫的感觉 说啊 告诉她 |
[09:31] | Ignore him. He’s a little nervous ’cause he doesn’t think | 别理他 他有点紧张 因为他觉得 |
[09:34] | I understand the severity of your social anxiety. | 我无法理解你社交恐惧症的严重性 |
[09:36] | What the…? Are you crazy? | 什么…? 你疯了吗? |
[09:38] | You can’t talk about social anxiety | 你不能跟有社交恐惧症的人 |
[09:39] | to someone who has social anxiety. | 谈论社交恐惧症 |
[09:40] | It makes them socially anxious! | 这会让他们恐惧社交! |
[09:43] | Excuse me, but I’m a neurobiologist. | 很抱歉 但我是个神经生物学家 |
[09:45] | I think I’m a little more qualified than you | 我想我比你更有资格 |
[09:47] | to understand what’s not working in your girlfriend’s brain! | 理解你女朋友的大脑里出了什么问题! |
[09:51] | Don’t call her my girlfriend. | 别叫她我的女朋友 |
[09:52] | We haven’t discussed whether or not | 我们还没讨论过 |
[09:54] | we’re girlfriend or boyfriend yet. | 我们是不是对方的男女朋友呢 |
[09:57] | Now that it’s out there… | 不过 既然说到这了… |
[10:00] | are you my girlfriend? | 你算是我的女朋友吗? |
[10:02] | By the way, if you say no, | 对了 如果你说不的话 |
[10:03] | I’ll never be happy again. | 我就永远都不会开心了 |
[10:06] | Not to put you on the spot. | 我没有要逼你的意思 |
[10:10] | I think I have to go to the bathroom. | 我想我得去下洗手间了 |
[10:17] | We might as well go ahead and eat. | 我们还是先开吃吧 |
[10:18] | She’s not going back any time soon. | 她一时半会肯定回不来了 |
[10:29] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[10:30] | We’re shopping for a party. | 我们在为聚会采购 |
[10:32] | This store doesn’t even have a party section. | 这个超市里居然没有聚会用品专区 |
[10:34] | Yeah, it does, and here we are. | 当然有的 就在这呢 |
[10:38] | You know, I have to say, Penny, | 你知道吗 Penny 我不得不说 |
[10:40] | I don’t understand why you of all people | 我实在不明白你为什么 |
[10:42] | are encouraging Leonard to do this. | 和大家一样 也鼓励Leonard去 |
[10:45] | Well, I’m his girlfriend; of course I’m gonna support him. | 我是他的女朋友 当然要支持他 |
[10:47] | Yeah, well, you’re his girlfriend for now. | 好吧 现在你还是他的女朋友 |
[10:49] | You know, maybe you’re not aware of this, | 不过也许你还不知道 |
[10:51] | but there is a rich tradition | 船上的男人们 |
[10:53] | of men at sea finding comfort in each other’s arms and britches. | 经常会在彼此的怀抱和屁股中寻找安慰 |
[10:59] | Honey, this is a big deal for Leonard, okay? | 亲爱的 对Leonard来说这很重要 好吗? |
[11:02] | He gets to work with Stephen Hawking. | 他要和史蒂芬·霍金一起工作 |
[11:04] | Who, by the way, will not be on the boat. | 不过那个人是不会到船上去的 |
[11:06] | I checked it out. | 我查过了 |
[11:07] | It’s not that big of an opportunity. | 这又不是什么大好的机会 |
[11:09] | And even if Hawking’s theories are correct, | 而且就算霍金的理论是正确的 |
[11:12] | all they prove is where the universe came from, | 他们能证明的也不过是宇宙从何处来 |
[11:14] | why everything exists and what its ultimate end will be. | 世间万物为何存在 还有宇宙的终结之类的问题 |
[11:17] | I mean, me? | 而我呢? |
[11:19] | I’m interested in the big questions. | 我只关心更宏观的问题 |
[11:23] | Oh, my God, Sheldon the genius is jealous of Leonard. | 哦 天啊 天才Sheldon嫉妒Leonard了 |
[11:27] | I’m not jealous. | 我才不是嫉妒 |
[11:29] | I’m just very unhappy | 只是觉得好事发生在他身上 |
[11:30] | that good things are happening for him | 而不是我身上 |
[11:32] | and not happening for me. | 让我很不爽而已 |
[11:34] | Look, sweetie, this is a natural thing to feel, okay? | 听着 宝贝 这是很正常的感觉 知道吗? |
[11:37] | But just because good things are happening to Leonard | 不过好事发生在Leonard身上了 |
[11:39] | doesn’t take anything away from you. | 你也没有什么损失啊 |
[11:41] | You know what? Let me tell you a little story. | 我给你讲个小故事怎么样? |
[11:43] | Once there was a girl who worked at the Cheesecake Factory, | 从前有一个在芝士蛋糕工厂工作的女孩 |
[11:45] | and she wasn’t very good at her job. | 而她并不太擅长她的工作 |
[11:46] | – It was you. – It wasn’t me. | – 这说的是你 – 不是我 |
[11:50] | But she was also an actress, | 但她也是个演员 |
[11:51] | and we were both up for the same part | 我们同时为了一个牙膏广告的角色 |
[11:53] | in a toothpaste commercial. | 展开了竞争 |
[11:54] | She got it. Look, I was so jealous. | 她成功了 我快嫉妒死她了 |
[11:56] | But instead of ripping out her fake blonde hair… | 不过我并没有扯下她的金色假发… |
[11:59] | You ripped out your own fake blonde hair. | 你扯下了你自己的金色假发 |
[12:01] | I… | 我… |
[12:02] | looked her in the eye, | 着看着她的眼睛 |
[12:04] | smiled and said, “I’m happy for you.” | 微笑着告诉她 “我真为你高兴” |
[12:06] | Because that’s what friends do. | 因为朋友都会这么做的 |
[12:09] | They lie so they don’t look petty. | 他们撒谎 免得显得小肚鸡肠 |
[12:12] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[12:13] | How? | 要怎么说? |
[12:14] | Like this. | 像这样 |
[12:16] | I am so happy for you. | 我真为你高兴 |
[12:21] | Wow. | 哇 |
[12:23] | No wonder you didn’t get that toothpaste commercial. | 怪不得你演不了那个牙膏广告 |
[12:29] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[12:31] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[12:32] | I want to apologize for Amy last night. | 我想为Amy昨晚的行为向你道歉 |
[12:35] | She was completely out of line. | 她实在是太过分了 |
[12:42] | Are you… are you not speaking to me | 你… 你是没跟我说话 |
[12:45] | or did the screen freeze again? | 还是屏幕又卡了? |
[12:47] | Amy wasn’t the problem. | Amy并不是问题所在 |
[12:49] | Okay. I know. | 好吧 我知道了 |
[12:51] | It was me. | 问题在我 |
[12:53] | I… I pushed too hard. I’m sorry. | 我… 我逼你逼得太紧了 对不起 |
[12:55] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[12:56] | You know, I… I’ve been thinking that… | 知道吗 我… 我在想… |
[12:59] | maybe meeting somebody one-on-one is too intense, | 也许一对一地见面有点太让人紧张了 |
[13:02] | so… | 所以… |
[13:04] | Friday night, my friends are having a party. | 周五晚上 我的朋友们有个聚会 |
[13:05] | – A party? – A little one! | – 聚会? – 小型的! |
[13:07] | It’s… it’s a farewell for Leonard, | 是… 是为Leonard送行的 |
[13:10] | so all the attention will be on him. | 所以焦点都会在他身上 |
[13:12] | If you wear something brown and sit on the couch, | 如果你穿件深色衣服坐在沙发上 |
[13:15] | they won’t even know you’re there. | 他们甚至不会注意到你的存在 |
[13:17] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[13:20] | Oh, please! | 哦 拜托! |
[13:21] | – Raj. – Come on. | – Raj – 拜托嘛 |
[13:22] | Don’t make me beg. | 别逼我求你啊 |
[13:23] | And I’m from India, so I know how to do it. | 我可是从印度来的 绝对知道怎么求人 |
[13:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:30] | Y… Thank you! | 耶… 谢谢! |
[13:31] | Th… This means a lot to me. | 这对我来说太重要了 |
[13:32] | My friends are like my family. | 我的朋友对我来说就像家人一样 |
[13:35] | Unless you don’t like them, | 不过要是你不喜欢他们 |
[13:36] | in which case, they’re dead to me. | 我就当他们都死了 |
[13:41] | So, have you ever spent a long time on a boat before? | 你以前有过远航的经历吗? |
[13:43] | – Yeah. – Are you referring to the time | – 有过 – 你是指 |
[13:45] | we got stuck on the Small World ride at Disneyland? | 我们被困在迪士尼小小世界的那次吗? |
[13:49] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:54] | I’m proud of you, Leonard. | 我为你骄傲 Leonard |
[13:55] | Working out on the North Sea | 在北海上连续工作 |
[13:57] | for months… that’s really something. | 几个月… 真的很了不起 |
[14:00] | I know. As far as science goes, | 是啊 在科学界 |
[14:02] | this is the adventure of a lifetime. | 这绝对是千载难逢的奇遇 |
[14:04] | Maybe your lifetime. | 对你来说可能是吧 |
[14:06] | I went to space. | 我可是去过太空的 |
[14:10] | It’s not a competition. | 这又不是在比赛 |
[14:11] | You’re right, you’re right. | 你说得对 你说得对 |
[14:13] | I’m really proud of you, and… | 我真心为你骄傲… 还有… |
[14:14] | I’m gonna miss you when you’re gone. | 你走后我会想你的 |
[14:17] | And space beats water. | 另外 太空完爆海洋 |
[14:22] | Rajesh, I thought Lucy was coming. | Rajesh Lucy不来了吗? |
[14:25] | She is. She’s just running a little late. | 她会来的 只是晚到一会儿 |
[14:27] | You know how it is… girls always fussing about | 你知道的… 女孩子总得 |
[14:29] | their hair, their makeup. | 弄弄头发 化化妆什么的 |
[14:30] | She’ll be here. | 她会来的 |
[14:31] | Just give it a rest, okay? | 别再问了 行不行? |
[14:36] | Um, can I have your attention, everyone? | 啊 请大家静一静 我有话要说 |
[14:41] | That’s, uh, b-flat, for those who don’t have perfect pitch. | 刚才是 呃 降b调 提醒一下乐感不好的人 |
[14:45] | I would like to propose a toast | 我提议 为我最好的朋友 |
[14:48] | to my best friend, Dr. Leonard Hofstadter. | Leonard Hofstadter博士敬一杯酒 |
[14:51] | He has been presented with a wonderful opportunity, | 他获得了一个千载难逢的机会 |
[14:55] | and I couldn’t be happier for him. | 我由衷地为他感到高兴 |
[15:01] | Thank you, Sheldon. | 谢谢你 Sheldon |
[15:02] | That must’ve been very hard for you to say. | 你能说出这番话真的不容易 |
[15:04] | Well, I mean it. | 我是发自内心的 |
[15:06] | I’m really happy for you. | 我真心替你高兴 |
[15:08] | And that’s how you get a toothpaste commercial. Cheers. | 要这样才能拿到牙膏代言嘛 干杯 |
[15:12] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | – 干杯 – 干杯 |
[15:16] | It was really nice of you to try to be happy for Leonard. | 你能分享Leonard的快乐 真的很贴心啊 |
[15:19] | Mm. Thank you. | 嗯 多谢 |
[15:21] | It must’ve killed you when I went to space. | 我上太空的时候你一定气疯了吧 |
[15:27] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[15:29] | Buddy, you okay? | 哥们 没事吧? |
[15:33] | Oh, man. | 哦 天啊 |
[15:35] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[15:37] | Uh, go ahead. Read it. | 没事的 读出来吧 |
[15:39] | “Raj, I can’t come to the party.” | “Raj 我不能参加聚会了” |
[15:41] | “This is all just” | “这对我来说” |
[15:43] | “too much for me.” | “太难以应对了” |
[15:45] | “I don’t think we should see” | “我想我们还是不要” |
[15:47] | “each other anymore. Sorry.” | “再见面了 对不起” |
[15:50] | “Lucy.” | “Lucy上” |
[15:52] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[15:53] | Raj, I’m so sorry. | Raj 很抱歉 |
[15:56] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[16:01] | It did not kill me when you went to space. | 你上太空没有把我气疯 |
[16:07] | Monkeys went to space. | 猴子也上过太空 |
[16:15] | Well, here we are. | 好了 我们到了 |
[16:16] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[16:18] | I’m really gonna miss you. | 我会很想你的 |
[16:20] | I’m gonna miss you, too. | 我也会想你的 |
[16:22] | Penny, we’re in the red zone. | Penny 我们停到红色区域里了 |
[16:25] | The white zone is for loading and unloading. | 白色区域是装车卸车的地方 |
[16:28] | We’re breaking the law. | 我们犯法了 |
[16:30] | Okay, there’s no space | 知道 白色区域 |
[16:32] | – in the white zone, so… – Anyway, | – 没地方了 所以… – 总之 |
[16:33] | we can e-mail, and I… I think the phone connections | 我们可以发邮件 而且我觉得电话信号 |
[16:36] | are pretty good. | 应该还不错 |
[16:38] | All right, you have to get out of the car right now. | 好了 你们必须赶紧下车 |
[16:39] | I’m not going to jail for you. | 我可不想因为你们进监狱 |
[16:41] | Would you just relax? | 你就不能放松点吗? |
[16:42] | Oh, I see a space in the white zone. | 哦 白色区域有地方了 |
[16:44] | Quick, circle the airport. | 快 绕一圈过去 |
[16:47] | Did you bring enough inhalers? | 吸入器带够了吗? |
[16:48] | Yeah. | 带了 |
[16:50] | And, uh, extra Dramamine? | 还有 晕海宁带了吗? |
[16:51] | You remember what happened on It’s a Small World. | 还记得迪士尼小小世界那次有多惨吧 |
[16:54] | I’m covered. | 都搞定了 |
[16:55] | Okay. | 很好 |
[16:56] | Oh, dear Lord, a police officer’s | 哦 上帝啊 有个警察 |
[16:58] | glancing in our direction. | 往我们这边看呢 |
[16:59] | We’ve been made. | 我们露陷了 |
[17:02] | Calm down. I’m getting out. | 冷静点 我这就下去了 |
[17:05] | I have something I want to give you. | 我有东西要送你 |
[17:07] | Oh, Leonard. | 哦 Leonard |
[17:08] | It’s just a heart-shaped locket with a picture of | 就是个镶着Leonard大头贴的 |
[17:10] | Leonard’s face in it. He got it at the mall on clearance. | 心形吊坠 商场打折时他买的 |
[17:12] | Now move, move, move! | 赶紧 赶紧 下车! |
[17:14] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[17:16] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[17:21] | Don’t worry, officer. | 没事的 警官 |
[17:23] | They just love each other. | 他们只是彼此相爱 |
[17:24] | We’re not smuggling drugs. | 我们没有走私毒品 |
[17:34] | Raj, it’s Penny. | Raj 是我Penny |
[17:35] | Are you in there? | 你在吗? |
[17:36] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[17:41] | Hey. I’m just coming back from the airport. | 嘿 我刚从机场回来 |
[17:43] | I wanted to see how you’re doing. | 过来看看你怎么样了 |
[17:44] | That’s… that’s very nice of you. | 你真是太贴心了 |
[17:46] | Uh, come, come. Come on in. | 啊 快 快请进 |
[17:48] | Can’t stay long. | 我不能呆太久 |
[17:50] | I left Sheldon in the car with the window cracked open. | Sheldon在车里呢 我没关车窗 |
[17:54] | He’s gonna go through that activity book | 那本活动手册顶多够他看 |
[17:57] | in, like, 30 seconds, so… | 大概 三十秒 所以… |
[18:00] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[18:03] | No. | 不好 |
[18:04] | Oh. | 哦 |
[18:06] | I’m so sorry. | 真替你难过 |
[18:08] | No. | 不 |
[18:10] | It’s my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[18:11] | You know, I finally found someone who was right for me, | 知道吗 我好不容易找到适合自己的人 |
[18:14] | and I… I drove her away. | 可我却… 没能留住她 |
[18:17] | Oh, Raj. | 哦 Raj |
[18:20] | Penny, I… | Penny 我… |
[18:23] | I miss her already. | 我已经开始想她了 |
[18:25] | I know how you feel. | 我知道你的感受 |
[18:26] | I miss Leonard, too. | 我也想Leonard |
[18:27] | What’s… what is wrong with me? | 我到底怎么回事? |
[18:31] | Why… why can’t I ever have love? | 为什么我就不能拥有爱情? |
[18:34] | You will. | 你会有的 |
[18:35] | No, I… I won’t. | 不 不会的 |
[18:37] | I’m… I’m unlovable. | 我… 不值得爱 |
[18:39] | That’s just the booze talking. | 那都是醉话 |
[18:42] | No, it’s not. | 不 不是 |
[18:43] | I haven’t had a drink since last night. | 我从昨晚就没再喝过酒 |
[18:54] | You’re talking to me. | 你在跟我说话啊 |
[18:56] | I am. | 是啊 |
[18:59] | And now I’m crying for a whole different reason! | 现在我哭的理由完全不同了! |
[19:02] | Me, too! | 我也是! |
[19:13] | So I… I guess what I’m sayinging is I get where Lucy’s coming from. | 所以我的意思是我明白Lucy的想法 |
[19:16] | That’s great. Do you want some wine? | 很好 要来点红酒吗? |
[19:18] | Uh, no, water’s fine. | 哦 不用 水就好 |
[19:19] | Anyhow, I’ve been thinking about it a lot, | 总之呢 我想了很多 |
[19:22] | and… and I totally see why Lucy did what she did. | 我完全理解Lucy为什么那么做 |
[19:25] | I pushed too hard. | 我太着急了 |
[19:26] | But you know what? If I back off | 不过你们知道吗? 如果我退一步 |
[19:27] | and give her enough space, maybe there’s still | 给她足够的空间 我们可能 |
[19:29] | a future for us. | 还有未来 |
[19:31] | Yeah, the funny thing about life is that, you know, sometimes… | 是啊 知道吗 生活的有趣之处就在于 有时候… |
[19:33] | Does he ever shut up? | 他就不能闭嘴吗? |
[19:37] | But then it turns good again and that means it’s better | 可之后又好起来了 甚至好到 |
[19:39] | than if it had never been bad for a while. | 就像什么事都没有发生过 |
[19:42] | And now things aren’t very good. They are in fact very very bad. | 但现在情况不太乐观 事实上 非常非常糟糕 |
[19:47] | But at least my heart is starting to heal, slowly but surely… | 但至少我的心已经开始痊愈了 缓慢而逐步地… |
[19:51] | How I cried, it’s like a little thunderstorm on my face. | 我哭的啊 脸上就像在下暴风雨啊 |
[19:55] | But I’m a man, Okay? So I need to put myself together… | 可我是男人 知道吗? 我要振作起来… |