时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | What you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[00:05] | You said clean up. | 你让我收拾屋子 |
[00:06] | I’m cleaning up. | 我正在收拾呢 |
[00:10] | You can’t just throw everything in the closet. | 你不能把所有的东西都往衣帽间里扔 |
[00:12] | Hey, you can tell me | 嘿 你可以告诉我 |
[00:13] | what to do or you can tell me how to do it, | 要做什么 或者告诉我怎么做 |
[00:16] | but you can’t do both; this isn’t sex. | 但是你不能两方面都管我 这可不是在床上 |
[00:20] | What if someone looks in there? | 万一有人看见这里怎么办? |
[00:22] | They’re just coming over for dinner. | 他们只是来家里聚餐而已 |
[00:24] | No one’s gonna look in the closet. | 没人会看衣帽间里面的 |
[00:26] | Well, you don’t know that. | 那可说不准 |
[00:27] | What if someone’s looking for the bathroom | 万一有人在找洗手间的时候 |
[00:28] | and they open that door? | 打开了这扇门呢? |
[00:29] | Could work out. | 这倒有可能 |
[00:30] | For all we know, | 毕竟我们都知道 |
[00:32] | there’s a toilet in there somewhere. | 里面很有可能有个马桶 |
[00:33] | Fine. But after tonight, | 好啦 不过今晚之后 |
[00:35] | we need to get a handle on this mess. | 我们得把这些东西收拾一下 |
[00:37] | You know what we should do? | 你知道我们应该怎么办吗? |
[00:38] | – We should show the closet to Sheldon. – Why? | – 我们应该给Sheldon看看衣柜 – 为什么? |
[00:40] | Are you kidding? | 你真不明白吗? |
[00:42] | He’s like a savant at organizing. | 他就是个整理狂人 |
[00:44] | Everything in his apartment has a label on it. | 他公寓里所有的东西上都贴着标签 |
[00:46] | Including his label maker, which has a label | 包括他的标签机 上面也贴了一个 |
[00:48] | that says “Label Maker.” | 写着”标签机”的标签 |
[00:51] | And if you look really close at that label maker label, | 而如果你仔细看那个标签机上的标签 |
[00:53] | you’ll see a label that says “Label.” | 你会看见那上面有一个写着”标签”的标签 |
[00:56] | He’s our guest; we can’t just ask him | 他是客人 我们不能让他帮我们 |
[00:58] | to straighten our closet. | 整理衣帽间 |
[01:00] | No, we wouldn’t ask him. | 不 我们不用让他帮忙 |
[01:02] | We’d just show him the closet | 我们只要让他看看这个衣帽间 |
[01:04] | and let the goblins in his head take it from there. | 然后他内心的小妖精就会让他帮我们收拾了 |
[01:08] | Hey, guys, come on in. | 嘿 大家快进来吧 |
[01:10] | – Hi. – Hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[01:11] | – Ooh, it smells good. – Thanks. | – 哦 闻起来真香 – 谢了 |
[01:14] | And, Sheldon, I know tonight’s the night you eat Thai food, | Sheldon 我知道今晚你要吃泰餐 |
[01:16] | so I went to the Asian market, got all the ingredients | 所以我去了亚洲超市买到了需要的原料 |
[01:18] | and made it from scratch. | 并亲自给你做了一份 |
[01:19] | Oh, you shouldn’t have. | 哦 你其实不用这样的 |
[01:22] | Oh, it’s my pleasure. | 哦 我很乐意这样做 |
[01:23] | No, you really shouldn’t have. | 不 你真的不用这样 |
[01:25] | I brought my own. | 我自己带饭了 |
[01:27] | You stopped and got him takeout? | 你居然停车让他去买饭? |
[01:30] | I had no choice. | 我也没办法 |
[01:31] | He kept kicking the back of my seat. | 他不停地在后面踢我的座位 |
[01:33] | Sheldon, I’ve been cooking all day. | Sheldon 我做饭做了一整天 |
[01:36] | Well… now don’t you feel silly. | 哦… 现在你是不是觉得自己很傻 |
[01:40] | Show him the closet. | 带他去看看衣帽间 |
[01:44] | * Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state * | * 宇宙一度又烫又稠密 * |
[01:47] | * Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started… Wait! * | * 140亿年前终于爆了炸… 等着瞧! * |
[01:51] | * The Earth began to cool * | * 地球开始降温 * |
[01:52] | * The autotrophs began to drool, Neanderthals developed tools * | * 自养生物来起哄 穴居人发明工具 * |
[01:55] | * We built the Wall, We built the pyramids * | * 我们建长城 我们建金字塔 * |
[01:57] | * Math, Science, History, unraveling the mystery * | * 数学 自然科学 历史 揭开神秘 * |
[02:00] | * That all started with a big bang * | * 一切都由大爆炸开始 * |
[02:12] | These spring rolls are amazing. | 这春卷太好吃了 |
[02:15] | Good job, Bernadette. | 做的不错 Bernadette |
[02:16] | That’s the takeout that Sheldon brought. | 那是Sheldon带来的外卖 |
[02:21] | Oh, well, I’m sure they wouldn’t have tasted | 哦 好吧 要不是先吃了你做的菜 |
[02:24] | nearly as good if I hadn’t tried your food first. | 我肯定不会觉得春卷这么好吃 |
[02:31] | Howard, did you want your clothes arranged | Howard 你是想根据颜色还是根据季节 |
[02:33] | seasonally or by color? | 整理衣服? |
[02:35] | Color’s fine. | 颜色吧 |
[02:37] | Wrong, they’ll be arranged seasonally. | 错 要根据季节分类整理 |
[02:40] | Sheldon, aren’t you gonna spend a little time with Amy? | Sheldon 你不打算和Amy待一会吗? |
[02:42] | Oh, it’s okay, I’m used to it. | 哦 没事的 我习惯了 |
[02:44] | The other day at Whole Foods, he spent an hour | 有一天我们去了健康食品超市 他花了一个小时 |
[02:46] | optimizing the cheese aisle. | 优化奶酪货架的摆放 |
[02:48] | Yeah, and some thanks I got. | 是啊 我还收到了谢礼呢 |
[02:50] | The assistant manager chased me out | 经理助理赶我走的时候 还送了我 |
[02:51] | with an artisanal salami. | 一根手工做的香肠 |
[02:55] | His quirks just make you love him more. | 他的怪癖只会让人更爱他 |
[03:00] | Someone please agree with me. | 能不能有个人同意一下 |
[03:07] | Sheldon, come on. | Sheldon 走吧 |
[03:08] | It’s getting late. Time to go. | 已经很晚了 该走了 |
[03:09] | Oh, five more minutes. | 哦 再给我五分钟吧 |
[03:12] | That’s what you said five minutes ago. | 你五分钟之前就是这么说的 |
[03:14] | Amy and Penny are already in the car. | Amy和Penny已经上车了 |
[03:16] | Let’s move it. | 我们快走吧 |
[03:17] | How come I never get to do anything I want to do? | 为什么我从来都不能做自己喜欢的事? |
[03:21] | You know, if he really wants to stay and finish, | 如果他真的想留下来弄完这些 |
[03:23] | I can give him a ride home. | 我一会可以送他回家 |
[03:24] | Please, Leonard! He said it’s okay! | 拜托了 Leonard! 他都说可以了! |
[03:27] | Sheldon, it’s… | Sheldon 这… |
[03:28] | Wait, I can go home without you? Bye! | 等一下 我能不跟你一起回家? 再见吧! |
[03:33] | Howard, I have a few questions. | Howard 我有几个问题 |
[03:35] | I found three bowling pins. | 我发现了三个保龄球瓶 |
[03:38] | Now, do you juggle these, or are you missing seven? | 你是用它们玩杂耍 还是你把另外的七个弄丢了? |
[03:42] | Juggle. | 杂耍 |
[03:44] | You health nuts kill me. | 你喜欢的运动还真奇怪 |
[03:50] | Oh, my God, it’s beautiful! | 哦 天啊 太干净了! |
[03:53] | Look, he found the juggling pins I hid. | 看啊 他找到了我藏起来的杂耍球瓶 |
[03:56] | Uh, just a couple more items. | 呃 还有几样东西 |
[03:58] | Howard, I found this letter from your dad in a box. | Howard 我在一个箱子里找到了你父亲寄来的信 |
[04:00] | Now, based on the content, | 根据信的内容 |
[04:01] | it could either be filed… | 它既可以归类为… |
[04:03] | Whoa, you opened this? | 哇 你打开了这封信? |
[04:05] | Well, I had to find out if it was personal correspondence | 我需要知道它是一封私人信件 |
[04:07] | or memorabilia. Now, as I was saying, | 还是纪念物品 就像我刚才说的 |
[04:09] | – based on the content… – I couldn’t be less interested. | – 根据信的内容… – 我真的不想知道 |
[04:13] | Now, come on, I’ll take you home. | 来吧 我送你回家 |
[04:15] | Howard, don’t you want to know what’s in the letter? | Howard 你不想知道信里写了什么吗? |
[04:17] | If I wanted to know, I would’ve opened it years ago. | 要是我想知道的话 我几年之前就拆开看了 |
[04:20] | The closet looks great. | 衣帽间看起来不错 |
[04:22] | Let’s get out of here. | 我们出去吧 |
[04:23] | Wait, can I bring this box | 等一下 我能带着这个 |
[04:25] | of extra shirt buttons to sort on the ride? | 装着多余扣子的盒子 在路上给它们分类吗? |
[04:28] | Do whatever you want. | 你想干什么都行 |
[04:30] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[04:33] | Oh. | 哦 |
[04:34] | Great party. | 这个聚会真棒 |
[04:40] | You know, when I first met Howard, | 你知道吗 我刚认识Howard的时候 |
[04:41] | he would pull his scrotum out of his shorts | 他会把小弟弟从内裤里拽出来 |
[04:43] | and say, “Oh, I sat in gum.” | 说”哦 我坐在口香糖上了”(TBD) |
[04:50] | What is your point? | 你想说什么? |
[04:53] | Well, it’s just kind of weird how grown up he is now. | 我只是觉得 他现在这么成熟有点奇怪 |
[04:55] | Happily married guy throwing dinner parties. | 一个婚姻幸福的家伙举办晚餐派对 |
[04:57] | Really? You couldn’t just say that? | 是吗? 你不能只说这些吗? |
[04:59] | You had to tell the scrotum story? | 你有必要说那个小弟弟的故事吗? |
[05:03] | Trying to paint a picture. | 只是想让你有点画面感 |
[05:06] | Yeah, it was a nice change of pace | 是啊 这是个很好的变化 |
[05:08] | not eating takeout around a coffee table. | 不用再围着茶几吃外卖了 |
[05:11] | Mm, you know, we could throw a dinner party, too. | 嗯 你知道吗 我们也可以办一场派对 |
[05:13] | Maybe even ask everyone to get dressed up. | 甚至还可以让大家盛装出席 |
[05:15] | Sure. | 当然 |
[05:16] | Just, when you say “dressed up,” | 不过 你说的”盛装打扮” |
[05:18] | you mean nice clothes, right? | 指的是正装对吧? |
[05:19] | Not, like, capes and tights and crap? | 不是斗篷和紧身衣之类的? |
[05:23] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[05:25] | Although… | 其实… |
[05:26] | No! | 不行! |
[05:34] | Howie, you okay? | Howie 你没事吧? |
[05:35] | Yeah, I just… couldn’t sleep. | 没事 我只是… 睡不着 |
[05:38] | Told you you shouldn’t have espresso after dinner. | 我早就告诉过你晚饭之后别喝浓咖啡 |
[05:41] | I know the little cups make you feel big, | 我知道那一小”杯”让你感觉自”大” |
[05:43] | but it’s not worth it. | 但是这不值得你这么做 |
[05:48] | It’s this stupid letter. | 是因为这封该死的信 |
[05:49] | Did you read it? | 你看了吗? |
[05:50] | No. | 没有 |
[05:52] | You must be curious. | 你肯定很想知道里面写了什么 |
[05:54] | Of course I’m curious. | 我当然想知道 |
[05:55] | I haven’t seen the man since, | 我懂事之后 |
[05:58] | oh, I was a little kid. | 就没见过他 |
[06:00] | And a letter shows up on my 18th birthday? | 他在我十八岁生日的时候寄来一封信? |
[06:03] | What’s that about? | 他是想说什么? |
[06:04] | Why don’t you read it? | 为什么不看看? |
[06:06] | Maybe he apologizes or explains why he left. | 也许他是向你道歉 或者是解释他离开的原因 |
[06:09] | He abandoned me and my mother. | 他抛弃了我和我妈妈 |
[06:11] | Why does he deserve a chance to explain anything? | 他还有什么可解释的? |
[06:16] | I get that. | 我明白 |
[06:18] | So, what do you want to do with it? | 那你想怎么处理这封信? |
[06:20] | Something I should’ve done a long time ago. | 我很早之前就应该这么做了 |
[06:27] | Really? Are you sure? | 真的吗? 你确定? |
[06:28] | Yep. | 对 |
[06:38] | Feel better? | 感觉好点了吗? |
[06:39] | I do. | 好多了 |
[06:45] | Great. | 这下好了 |
[06:46] | Neither one of us is tall enough to reach that. | 我们俩的身高都够不着 |
[06:55] | I can’t believe he set it on fire. | 我不敢相信他真的把信烧了 |
[06:58] | Yeah, just seeing that letter really freaked him out. | 是啊 看见那封信他就会烦死的 |
[07:01] | And he was already having a tough day | 而且他这一天已经够不顺的了 |
[07:03] | because he accidentally wore my pants to work. | 他穿着我的裤子去上班了 |
[07:10] | I don’t know why he was upset. | 我也不知道他为什么不高兴 |
[07:12] | They were bigger on him than me. | 他穿着比我穿着还大呢 |
[07:17] | Boy, I’m really curious what’s in that letter. | 天啊 我真的很想知道信里写了什么 |
[07:18] | Me, too, but I guess now we’ll never know. | 我也是 不过我想我们永远都不会知道了 |
[07:21] | Well, you said Sheldon read it. | 你说Sheldon看过 |
[07:22] | Why not ask him? | 为什么不问问他? |
[07:23] | I can’t do that. | 我不能那么干 |
[07:24] | What kind of wife would I be | 如果我不能尊重我丈夫的隐私 |
[07:26] | if I didn’t respect my husband’s privacy? | 我算个什么妻子啊? |
[07:27] | What if I ask Sheldon, | 如果是我去问Sheldon |
[07:28] | you just happen to be in the room? | 而你只是恰好在屋子里呢? |
[07:30] | – That works. – Okay. | – 那就没问题了 – 走吧 |
[07:53] | Blech. | 真恶心 |
[07:56] | Like cleaning out the entire building’s belly button. | 就像是在清理整座楼的肚脐一样 |
[08:01] | Hey, Sheldon. | 嘿 Sheldon |
[08:04] | Oh, hello. What can I do for you ladies? | 哦 你们好 有什么需要我帮助的吗 女士们? |
[08:06] | You have something we want. | 你那里有我们想要的东西 |
[08:08] | Oh, dear. | 哦 天啊 |
[08:10] | My mother warned me | 妈妈曾经警告过我 |
[08:11] | this is what happens to pretty boys in the big city. | 大城市里的帅哥身上总会发生这种事 |
[08:15] | No, we just want information. | 不 我们只是想知道点东西 |
[08:18] | Oh. | 哦 |
[08:19] | Oh, I’ve got that in spades. | 哦 知无不言 言无不尽 |
[08:20] | Ravage me. | 尽管问吧 |
[08:23] | We heard you read the letter from Howard’s father. | 我们听说你看了Howard的父亲写的信 |
[08:26] | I did. | 是啊 |
[08:27] | What did it say? | 上面都写了什么? |
[08:27] | Yeah… | 这个… |
[08:29] | I can’t tell you that. | 我不能告诉你 |
[08:30] | I’m bound by closet organizer/ organizee confidentiality. | 我要遵守衣帽间主人和整理者之间的保密协议 |
[08:36] | Sheldon, that’s not a real thing. | Sheldon 那东西根本就不存在 |
[08:37] | Well, neither is the rule that you have to | 那么 看电影的时候要拉着女朋友的手 |
[08:39] | hold your girlfriend’s hand at the movies. | 也不是一项规定啊 |
[08:41] | You know. | 你懂的 |
[08:42] | That doesn’t stop you from pawing at me | 那你不还是像熊一样 |
[08:44] | like you’re a bear and I’m a trash can full of sweets. | 朝我这桶蜂蜜伸出了魔爪 |
[08:49] | Why do you even care? | 你这么在乎干嘛? |
[08:51] | Just tell us what it says. | 快告诉我们 |
[08:52] | Control over the information contained in that letter | 那封信的内容知情权 |
[08:55] | belongs to Howard. | 属于Howard |
[08:56] | By happenstance, | 我只是 |
[08:57] | I came to know it. | 碰巧知道了 |
[08:59] | That doesn’t give me the right to disseminate it freely. | 所以我无权随意散播其中的信息 |
[09:01] | Come on. Look, the letter was found in Bernadette’s closet. | 拜托 那封信是在Bernadette的柜子里的 |
[09:03] | Doesn’t that count for something? | 这难道不算吗? |
[09:07] | Are you pointing out that California | 你是说在加州 |
[09:09] | is a community property state, | 财产为夫妻共有 |
[09:10] | and since Howard and Bernadette are married, | 由于Howard和Bernadette结了婚 |
[09:12] | the intellectual property contained in that letter | 于是那封信的知识产权 |
[09:15] | is jointly owned by the two spouses? | 是由夫妻共同所有的? |
[09:22] | Yeah, obviously. | 显然嘛 |
[09:25] | Well played. | 你有一手啊 |
[09:29] | Sometimes I don’t give you enough credit, Penny. | 看来有时我低估你了 Penny |
[09:34] | Dude, you made the right choice | 哥们 你让我来帮你开派对 |
[09:36] | coming to me for help with this party. | 绝对是正确的选择 |
[09:37] | Actually, all I did was invite you. | 其实 我只不过邀请了你 |
[09:40] | Well, put your mind at ease. | 放轻松 |
[09:43] | I’m here to make sure your dinner party | 有我在 你的晚餐派对 |
[09:45] | kicks Howard’s dinner party’s ass. | 肯定比Howard的好一千倍 |
[09:47] | Now, the first thing | 首先 |
[09:48] | we need is a theme. | 我们要想个主题 |
[09:50] | I’m thinking… | 我在考虑… |
[09:52] | ah, turn-of-the-century Moulin Rouge. | 世纪之交的红磨坊(法国酒吧) |
[09:56] | I’m thinking you need a testosterone patch. | 我觉得你该贴点睾丸激素贴片 |
[10:00] | Penny and I | 我和Penny |
[10:02] | just want to do something low-key. | 就想来点低调的 |
[10:04] | You know, cocktails, | 喝点鸡尾酒 |
[10:05] | light jazz music, hors d’oeuvres. | 放着轻爵士乐 来点开胃菜 |
[10:07] | So your theme is “I saw a rerun of Mad Men” | 这么说你的主题就是”一边看广告狂人” |
[10:10] | “and bought some crab puffs from Trader Joe’s”? | “一边吃杂货店打包回来的破泡芙”? |
[10:15] | Hate to miss that. | 真抱歉我来不了了 |
[10:18] | Hey, where have you been? | 嘿 你去哪了? |
[10:20] | Oh, Leonard. | 噢 Leonard |
[10:22] | If I was prone to sarcasm, | 如果我爱讽刺的话 |
[10:25] | I’d say I was pulling off a major heist | 我就会说我在洗衣篮博物馆 |
[10:27] | at the museum of laundry baskets. | 来了个偷天换日 |
[10:30] | One, two, three, four, five, | 一 二 三 四 五 |
[10:32] | six, seven, eight, nine, ten. | 六 七 八 九 十 |
[10:36] | I meant, “Golly, Sheldon, you’ve been gone a long time.” | 我的意思是”天呐 Sheldon 你这么久才回来” |
[10:39] | Oh. Yeah, well, I was waylaid by Penny, Bernadette and Amy. | 嗯 我被妇联三人组突袭了 |
[10:43] | They made me reveal confidential information | 结果我只好泄露了有关Howard他爸的 |
[10:46] | about Howard’s father. | 机密信息 |
[10:47] | What information? | 什么信息? |
[10:48] | I can’t tell you that. | 我不能告诉你 |
[10:50] | I am bound by closet organizer/ organizee confidentiality. | 我要遵守衣帽间主人和整理者之间的保密条例 |
[10:55] | Well, come on, we won’t tell anyone. | 得了吧 我们不会告诉别人的 |
[10:57] | Sorry, badgering me won’t work. | 抱歉 你再纠缠也没用 |
[10:58] | What you should have said is, | 你应该说 |
[11:00] | “It’s pointless to keep this a secret” | “你保密是没用的” |
[11:01] | “because Penny will tell us.” | “因为Penny会告诉我们” |
[11:03] | – Fine, then that. – All right, I’ll tell you. | – 好吧 就当我们说了 – 好吧 我告诉你们 |
[11:06] | My goodness, everyone’s on their game today. | 我滴天呐 大家今天都很在状态啊 |
[11:18] | This is really fun. | 这很好玩 |
[11:20] | Yeah, it’s nice to get dressed up once in a while. | 对 偶尔穿穿正装也挺好的 |
[11:22] | Yeah, and hors d’oeuvres are delightful. | 而且开胃菜也很好吃 |
[11:24] | As is the company. | 有大家陪伴真好 |
[11:26] | My shirt is itchy and I wish I were dead. | 我衬衫好痒 还不如直接死掉呢 |
[11:31] | Hey, uh, listen, everybody. | 嘿 各位听着 |
[11:33] | Before Howard gets here, let’s all just agree | 趁着Howard还没来 我们都说好 |
[11:35] | to not bring up the letter from his father. | 不要提他爸那封信的事 |
[11:37] | – Of course. – Sure. – Absolutely. | – 当然 – 好 – 必须的 |
[11:38] | If I say yes, | 如果我同意 |
[11:39] | can we turn off that Latin orgy music? | 能不能把这放荡的拉丁音乐关了? |
[11:43] | Ridiculous that we still have to walk | 我们竟然还要 |
[11:45] | up all these flights of stairs. | 一步一步走楼梯上来(记得坏掉的电梯吗) |
[11:47] | Yeah, try doing it in heels. | 你穿高跟鞋试试啊 |
[11:49] | I am. | 我穿着呢 |
[11:53] | Wait. | 等等 |
[11:55] | There’s something I have to tell you. | 我有件事要告诉你 |
[11:57] | What? | 什么? |
[11:58] | I know what was in your dad’s letter. | 我知道你爸信里写了什么 |
[12:04] | Sheldon, I swear to God, I’m gonna kill you! | Sheldon 我对天发誓要杀了你! |
[12:07] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[12:10] | I made him tell us. | 是我逼他告诉我们的 |
[12:12] | What? “Us”? | 什么? “我们”? |
[12:13] | Who else knows? | 还有谁知道? |
[12:14] | – I know. – Me, too. | – 我 – 还有我 |
[12:16] | Same here. | 我也知道 |
[12:17] | Shame on all of you. | 你们这群叛徒 |
[12:19] | You know, too. | 你也知道 |
[12:21] | Couldn’t leave him with one friend, could you? | 就不能给他留一个朋友 是不是? |
[12:25] | So everybody knows | 所以除了我 |
[12:26] | what’s in that letter except for me? | 大家都知道那封信里有什么? |
[12:28] | Yes, it’s six against one. | 是的 六比一喔 |
[12:29] | Stand down, sir. | 快后退 先生 |
[12:31] | How could you do this? | 你怎么能这样? |
[12:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:35] | If you want, we could tell you. | 如果你想知道 我们就告诉你 |
[12:37] | No, I don’t want to know! | 不 我不想知道! |
[12:39] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[12:41] | I do, but… | 我想 但… |
[12:42] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[12:48] | Used me as a human shield? | 拿我当人肉盾牌? |
[12:52] | I panicked. | 我慌了嘛 |
[12:54] | He looked taller than usual. | 他看起来比平常要高 |
[13:00] | Howard? | Howard你在吗? |
[13:02] | In here. | 在这儿 |
[13:06] | I’m sorry. | 真对不起 |
[13:07] | I should have left it alone. | 我不应该插手的 |
[13:09] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[13:11] | Sorry I ran off like that. | 抱歉我就那么跑了 |
[13:13] | What are you looking at? | 你在看什么呢? |
[13:16] | Uh, pictures of my dad and me when I was a kid. | 呃 我小时候我爸和我的照片 |
[13:18] | – That’s nice. – I got to tell you, | – 真好 – 我必须跟你说 |
[13:20] | as angry as I am at Sheldon for blabbing, | 虽然我对Sheldon大嘴巴很生气 |
[13:23] | he did a hell of a job organizing this closet. | 他把衣柜整理得太他妈棒了 |
[13:26] | Look at this. | 你来看 |
[13:29] | “Photos of Wolowitz family before father left forever.” | “父亲离家前 Wolowitz一家的照片” |
[13:36] | Check out nine-year-old Howie with cornrows. | 看看九岁梳玉米辫子头的小Howie |
[13:42] | Neither race was happy to see me with those. | 白人黑人看我这发型都很不爽 |
[13:48] | Think you could take a break? | 你能休息下吗? |
[13:50] | Why? | 怎么了? |
[13:51] | Got a little surprise for you. | 给你准备了惊喜哟 |
[13:52] | Come on. | 不要啦 |
[13:54] | Oh, honey… | 亲爱的… |
[13:57] | I am in no mood to have sex tonight. | 我今晚不想滚床单 |
[14:02] | I’ll lay there if you absolutely | 如果你非要这样 |
[14:04] | have to have it, but… Oh. | 我就躺下吧… 喔 |
[14:07] | What are you guys doing here? | 你们来干嘛? |
[14:10] | When you left, you weren’t sure whether or not | 你走的时候 你说你不确定 |
[14:11] | you wanted to know what was in your dad’s letter, | 想不想知道你爸那封信里的内容 |
[14:13] | so we came up with kind of a cool solution. | 所以我们想出了一个很棒的主意 |
[14:16] | Oh, yeah, what’s that? | 是吗 怎么说? |
[14:18] | It’s simple, really. | 很简单 |
[14:19] | It occurred to me that knowing and not knowing | 我发觉 知情又不知情 |
[14:22] | can be achieved by creating a macroscopic example | 可以通过创造态叠加的 |
[14:26] | of quantum superposition. | 宏观状态来实现 |
[14:28] | The… the principle | 所谓… 态叠加 |
[14:29] | that a physical system | 就是体系 |
[14:30] | exists partially in all its possible states at once. | 同时存在于所有可能的存在状态 |
[14:34] | We were all thinking it, really. | 我们都这么想的 |
[14:37] | It was kind of the elephant in the room, so… | 大概就是皇帝的新装… |
[14:42] | Anyway, um, I realize | 总之 我认为 |
[14:45] | if we each present you with an account | 如果我们每个人都告诉你 |
[14:48] | of what your father wrote to you, | 一种你爸写给你的内容 |
[14:50] | only one of which is true, | 但只有其中一种是真的 |
[14:51] | and then we don’t tell you | 然后我们不告诉你 |
[14:53] | which one it is, you will forever be | 哪个是真的 你就会永远 |
[14:55] | in a state of epistemic ambivalence. | 处在认知矛盾的状态中 |
[14:58] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:59] | And I said if it wasn’t epistemic, | 我说 如果这不认知 |
[15:00] | we might as well not do it. | 我们还不如不做呢 |
[15:04] | Sit down, honey. | 坐下 亲爱的 |
[15:07] | Raj, you’re up. | Raj 你先来 |
[15:09] | Okay, um… | 好的… |
[15:10] | It was a card for your 18th birthday. | 是一张生日卡片 祝贺你18岁了 |
[15:14] | Inside it said, | 里面写着 |
[15:15] | “Happy birthday, Howard.” | “生日快乐 Howard” |
[15:17] | “I love you. Dad.” | “我爱你 爸爸” |
[15:19] | Oh, and it was | 而且是一张 |
[15:21] | a Far Side card, the one where the frog | 漫画卡 上面画了只青蛙 |
[15:23] | has its tongue stuck to the underside of an airplane. | 舌头粘在一架飞机的下面 |
[15:27] | Thinks it’s a fly. | 以为是只苍蝇 |
[15:28] | Silly frog. | 傻青蛙 |
[15:31] | So funny. | 太好笑了 |
[15:34] | Sheldon. | Sheldon你来 |
[15:37] | It was a map leading to the lost treasure | 是一张通往著名海盗独眼威利 |
[15:41] | of famous pirate One-Eyed Willy. | 失落的宝藏的地图 |
[15:46] | Nice try. | 得了吧 |
[15:47] | That’s the plot for Goonies. | 这是七宝奇谋的剧情 |
[15:49] | Told you. | 早跟你说了 |
[15:51] | Don’t. | 不许 |
[15:53] | Amy. | Amy来 |
[15:56] | You didn’t know it, | 你不知道 |
[15:58] | but your father was in the auditorium | 在你高中毕业的时候 |
[16:00] | at your high school graduation. | 你爸坐在观众席里 |
[16:02] | And he cried because he was so proud of you. | 他太为你骄傲了 喜极而泣 |
[16:05] | Really? | 真的? |
[16:08] | Or that’s complete poppycock which Amy made up. | 也有可能是Amy编的废话 |
[16:09] | It still could be the map. | 还是很有可能是地图的 |
[16:13] | Penny. | Penny你来 |
[16:15] | It was a letter explaining | 信上解释了 |
[16:18] | that your dad wasn’t who he said he was. | 你爸并不是你想的那样 |
[16:19] | Eventually, his other life caught up to him, | 有一天 他深陷身不由己的局面 |
[16:21] | and the only way to keep you and your mom safe was to leave. | 为了保护你和你妈 他只好只身离去 |
[16:25] | I would like to change mine. | 我要改下我的 |
[16:29] | The pirate’s name was Peg-Leg Antoine. | 那个海盗名叫假腿安东尼 |
[16:35] | Now it’s completely different from Goonies. | 这就完全不是七宝奇谋了 |
[16:38] | No, it’s not. | 根本没变 |
[16:40] | Don’t. | 不许 |
[16:42] | Okay, my turn. | 好了 到我了 |
[16:44] | Your dad wrote about how family is the most important thing, | 你爸写道 家庭是最重要的 |
[16:48] | and that you should never throw it away like he did. | 你永远不要像他一样抛家弃子 |
[16:51] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[16:53] | Bernadette. | Bernadette你来 |
[16:56] | Inside the envelope was a picture | 信封里是一张照片 |
[16:59] | of your dad holding you the day you were born. | 是你出生那天 你爸抱着你 |
[17:01] | On the back he wrote, | 背面写着这样一句话 |
[17:03] | “Howard, my son, my greatest gift.” | “Howard 我的儿子 我最棒的礼物” |
[17:15] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[17:17] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[17:19] | I’m terrific. | 我好极了 |
[17:22] | So…? | 那…? |
[17:26] | Which one do you think it is… | 你觉得哪个才是真的… |
[17:30] | matey? | 伙伴? (装海盗) |
[17:35] | Actually, I don’t want to know. | 其实 我不想知道 |
[17:37] | I… | 我… |
[17:38] | want all of them to be true. | 我想让这些都是真的 |
[17:41] | Well, one of them is. | 其中一个是真的 |
[17:42] | That’s pretty cool. | 那就够了 |
[17:45] | Thank you, guys. | 谢谢大家 |
[17:47] | Hey, it’s still early. | 嘿 现在还早 |
[17:49] | Why don’t we go back and have that party? | 我们回去继续开派对吧? |
[17:50] | – Yeah, cool. Okay? – Good. | – 不错 – 好啊 |
[17:53] | You know, surprisingly, | 知道吗 奇怪的是 |
[17:55] | uh, the letter from your father | 你爸那封信 |
[17:57] | wasn’t the most interesting thing | 并不是我在衣柜里找到的 |
[17:58] | I read in the closet. | 最有趣的东西 |
[17:59] | Bernadette’s diary has some saucy passages. | Bernadette的日记有许多不为人知的过去啊 |
[18:03] | Sheldon, don’t you dare! | Sheldon 你敢说! |
[18:05] | Th… There’s nothing to worry about. | 那… 你不用担心 |
[18:06] | Your secret’s safe with me. | 我不会泄密的 |
[18:08] | That’s more like it. | 这还差不多 |
[18:12] | Although copyright law would allow me to quote snippets in the context of the review. | 不过根据版权法 我可以在评论里小段引用 |
[18:33] | Glad you’re feeling better. | 你开心了就好 |
[18:34] | Me, too. | 嗯 是啊 |
[18:36] | If I’d known we were gonna be dancing, | 早知道我们要跳舞 |
[18:38] | would have worn my flats. | 我就不穿这么高的跟了 |
[18:40] | This turned out pretty well, huh? | 最后这还不错哈? |
[18:43] | Yeah, I think so. | 我也觉得 |
[18:44] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[18:46] | That is, if you’ve never been to or heard of a party before. | 那是对从来没去过也没听过派对的人来说吧 |
[18:50] | If you’d let me pierce your brain with a hot needle | 如果你让我在脑袋某个点上 |
[18:53] | in the right place, you’d be happy all the time. | 用热针刺进去 你会一直都很开心的 |
[18:59] | Uh, Penny, | 呃 Penny |
[19:00] | I… I have a couple of questions about your closet. | 我… 有几个衣柜的问题问你 |
[19:03] | Is there any reason | 你留着这条死金鱼 |
[19:05] | you’re keeping this dead goldfish? | 有什么原因吗? |
[19:08] | Damn, I forgot to feed him. | 靠 我忘了喂它了 |
[19:12] | And that I had him. | 还忘了我买了它 |
[19:15] | Well, now, did you also have a dog? | 那么 你是不是还养了只狗? |
[19:17] | Because I found what appears to be a battery-operated chew toy. | 我找到了一个貌似是电池驱动的狗骨头玩具 |
[19:23] | Party’s over! Party’s over! | 大家都散了吧! 散了吧! |