时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Look, I know you guys don’t want to do this, | 我知道你们不想弄这事 |
[00:04] | but we have no choice. | 但我们没得选好吗 |
[00:05] | So, you can either bitch and whine | 你们大可以唧唧歪歪 浪费时间 |
[00:06] | or we can just get it over with. | 也可以通力合作 早点搞定 |
[00:08] | I got “whine.” | 我负责唧唧 |
[00:08] | I got the “b word.” | 我负责歪歪 |
[00:11] | Yeah, well, it’s in our contract | 我们与学校的合约中 |
[00:13] | to serve on a university committee. | 注明了得为大学委员会服务 |
[00:15] | And frankly, this is one I believe in. | 老实说 我也认同这件事 |
[00:16] | Okay, here we go. | 主题就是 |
[00:17] | Encouraging more women to pursue a career in the sciences. | 鼓励更多女性加入科学领域 |
[00:20] | Come on, if I was any good | 拜托 我要有本事说服女人 |
[00:21] | at convincing women to do stuff, | 去做我想她们做的事 |
[00:23] | I wouldn’t have spent so much of my 20s in the shower. | 那我20多岁时 就不用常自己在浴室”自乐”了 |
[00:28] | If you ask me, | 要我说的话 |
[00:29] | this whole thing is a waste of our time. | 搞这事根本只是浪费时间 |
[00:31] | Helping women? | 帮助女性浪费时间吗 |
[00:32] | Yeah, helping anyone. | 帮人就是浪费时间 |
[00:35] | People should take care of themselves. | 人们应该自己照顾自己 |
[00:37] | Oh, like yesterday, | 比如像昨天 |
[00:38] | when you made me drive you to the dry cleaners, | 你叫我载你去干洗店 |
[00:41] | the pharmacy and the post office? | 药店跟邮局那样吗 |
[00:43] | I’m not saying people can’t use tools. | 我又没说人们不能使用工具 |
[00:47] | Even an otter picks up a rock when he wants a clam. | 连水獭想吃蛤蜊时都知道用石头敲开了 |
[00:51] | You don’t think it’s worthwhile | 你觉得花时间 |
[00:52] | to try to get more women working in science. | 让更多女性加入科学行业不好吗 |
[00:55] | I think that’s incredibly sexist of you. | 我觉得你太有性别歧视了 |
[00:57] | I believe in a gender-blind society | 我相信在性别平等的社会 |
[01:00] | like in Star Trek, where women and men | 比如《星际迷航》中 各个种族 |
[01:02] | of all races and creeds work side by side as equals. | 信仰各异的男女都平等地一起共事 |
[01:06] | You mean where they were advanced enough | 你是说那个先进到能发明出 |
[01:08] | to invent an interstellar warp drive, | 能进行恒星际旅行的曲速引擎 |
[01:10] | but a black lady still answered the space phone? | 却还是让一个黑人女性接太空电话的世界吗 |
[01:15] | Oh, I did spend a lot of my shower time | 我的浴室”自乐”时间有不少是跟 |
[01:16] | with Lieutenant Uhura. | 乌乎拉通讯官度过的 |
[01:20] | Howard’s disturbing recollections aside, | 先不管霍华德的下流回忆 |
[01:24] | I don’t appreciate being forced to do | 我不喜欢被逼去做这些 |
[01:25] | banal committee work. | 平庸的委员会工作 |
[01:27] | Yes, I know, you’re too smart for this. | 是是是 太大材小用了 |
[01:28] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[01:29] | It’s like asking the Human Torch | 就跟叫霹雳火 |
[01:29] | 霹雳火是《神奇四侠》里的人物 能让全身变成火焰 | |
[01:31] | to heat up your frozen burrito. | 来热你的冷冻玉米煎饼一样 |
[01:34] | Got it. | 明白 |
[01:35] | All right, I’m thinking one way | 我想到了一个 |
[01:36] | to counter bias in the peer-review process, | 避免在同行评审阶段遭受歧视的方法 |
[01:38] | is for papers to be submitted under gender-neutral names. | 就是报告都用中性名字递交 |
[01:41] | Like S. Smith | 比如S・史密斯 |
[01:43] | instead of Samantha Smith. | 而不是沙曼莎・史密斯 |
[01:44] | I suppose there is a history of professional women | 专业领域的某些女性使用缩写名 |
[01:47] | using their initials, so as not to be pre-judged. | 来避免先入为主的批判 的确行之有年了 |
[01:49] | Harry Potter’s J.K. Rowling, | 《哈利波特》作者 J.K.罗琳 |
[01:52] | uh, Star Trek’s D.C. Fontana. | 《星际迷航》编剧 D.C.丰塔纳 |
[01:54] | Van Nuys pole-dancer D.D. Melons. | 范奈斯市的钢管舞女 DD杯・麦伦[巨乳] |
[02:00] | All right, I think we’ve really helped women today. | 好啦 我们今天有帮到女性了 |
[02:01] | Let’s fire up the old Xbox. | 来打电动吧 |
[02:03] | Guys, please don’t make this a school project | 你们俩 拜托别让历史重演 |
[02:05] | where I’m the smart kid doing all the work | 小时候做报告 聪明孩子做全部 |
[02:07] | while the slackers sit back and watch. | 其他懒鬼就在旁边看着 |
[02:09] | No, we’re not. | 我们才不是呢 |
[02:09] | This time you’re the smart kid doing all the work | 这次是聪明孩子负责做全部工作 |
[02:12] | while the even smarter kids sit back and watch. | 而更聪明的孩子在旁边看着 |
[02:15] | So, you think I’m one of the smarter kids? | 你觉得我也是更聪明的孩子吗 |
[02:17] | No, you’re a tool I was using to make my point. | 不是 你只是我用来证明论点的工具 |
[02:52] | Guys, our topic is “Encouraging Women in Science.” | 我们的主题是”鼓励女性加入科学领域” |
[02:55] | Can you at least play a less sexist game? | 你们俩不能玩少点性别歧视的游戏吗 |
[03:03] | How is it sexist? | 这哪有歧视女性 |
[03:05] | My character wields a battle axe as well as any man. | 我的角色能像男人一样把大战锤挥起来 |
[03:09] | Not to mention she has mammary glands | 更别说她有着超发达的乳腺 |
[03:11] | that could nurse a family of 30. | 足够喂养一家三十口 |
[03:14] | And have enough milk left over | 而且剩下来的量 |
[03:16] | to open a Baskin Robbins. | 都够开冰激凌店用了 |
[03:20] | Mother, warrior-princess, franchise owner– | 母亲 战士公主 冰激凌加盟店老板 |
[03:23] | I hear glass ceilings shattering all over town. | 女性职场障碍全被打爆啊 |
[03:27] | Sheldon, you’re always saying | 谢尔顿 你老说 |
[03:28] | how much smarter you are than me. | 你比我聪明无数倍 |
[03:30] | Spend five seconds and come up with one idea | 那你能用五秒钟想出一个 |
[03:32] | on how to get more women into science. | 能让更多女性加入科学领域的方法吗 |
[03:36] | All your ideas address the issue at a university level. | 你的所有点子都仅限于学术界阶段的问题 |
[03:39] | By then it’s too late. | 但那阶段已经太晚了 |
[03:40] | You need to design an outreach program | 你应该设计一个扩展研究 |
[03:42] | that targets girls at the middle school level | 把目标延伸到中学阶段的少女们 |
[03:44] | and sets them on an academic track | 把她们导向追求学术 |
[03:46] | towards the hard sciences. | 迈向硬科学的道路之上 |
[03:48] | That’s actually good. | 还真是个好点子 |
[03:49] | Why didn’t I think of that? | 我怎么就没想到呢 |
[03:51] | Some people are otters, some people are rocks. | 有些人是水獭 而有些人就只是石头 |
[03:58] | I wonder if there’s a way | 有没有什么方法 |
[03:59] | we could give the idea a trial run. | 可以先试验一下这点子呢 |
[04:01] | Maybe I could call my old middle school, | 我可以试试打电话给我以前的中学 |
[04:05] | see if we can talk to some of the female students. | 看我们能不能跟一些女学生聊聊 |
[04:08] | That’s great– try to set up something | 这不错啊 安排一下 |
[04:09] | for the three of us to go over there. | 让我们三个去那里试试 |
[04:10] | Oh, hold on. | 先等等吧 |
[04:12] | While I’m comfortable speaking about science, | 虽然我对谈科学没有任何问题 |
[04:13] | I’m not sure I know how to spark the interest of schoolchildren. | 但我不确定能否勾起中学女孩的兴趣 |
[04:16] | Better Google it. | 我先上网搜搜吧 |
[04:19] | What exactly are you looking up? | 你打算搜什么关键句 |
[04:21] | “How do I get 12-year-old girls excited.” | “如何让12岁少女兴[性]奋” |
[04:25] | No! No! | 不要 快住手 |
[04:32] | Thanks again for letting me crash “girls’ night.” | 再次感谢你们让我参一脚”闺蜜之夜” |
[04:35] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[04:36] | You brought fancy wine and made fondue. | 你带来上好的红酒 还给我们做芝士火锅 |
[04:38] | I’ve slept with guys for less. | 比这小的好处我都”睡”过了 |
[04:45] | It’s a joke. | 开玩笑啦 |
[04:47] | Based on real events. | 基于真实故事的玩笑 |
[04:50] | Anyway, I was hoping I could, uh, | 总之 我希望可以 |
[04:52] | pick your brains a little. | 向你们请教一下 |
[04:53] | I’m supposed to take Lucy out Friday | 我周五要跟露西约会 |
[04:55] | and I need a killer first date. | 我需要一个超棒的初次约会 |
[04:58] | Well, evolutionary biology says that women are attracted | 进化生物学说 女人容易被 |
[05:00] | to a man who is steady in the face of danger, | 临危不乱的男人所吸引 |
[05:03] | so I recommend an unsafe environment. | 所以我建议去危险的地方 |
[05:07] | Seedy bar on the wrong side of the tracks… | 去贫民区破旧的酒吧 |
[05:11] | picnic near a lunatic asylum… | 去疯人院附近野餐 |
[05:14] | a wine tasting on Skid Row. | 去贫民窟品酒 |
[05:18] | Eh, Lucy has some, uh, social anxiety issues. | 露西有社交焦虑症 |
[05:21] | Maybe we could start with something simpler. | 或许我们可以从简单点的地方着手 |
[05:24] | Why don’t you take her to Disneyland? | 你何不带她去迪士尼乐园 |
[05:26] | You go on Space Mountain, | 你们可以玩室内过山车 |
[05:27] | you’re in the dark, she’s holding onto you. | 两人处于黑暗中 她紧紧抓住你 |
[05:29] | Yeah, but you just have to remember, | 但千万要记住 |
[05:30] | that ride is shorter than you think | 那比你想象中还快结束 |
[05:31] | and they take a picture of you at the end, | 终点前还会给你俩拍照 |
[05:33] | so make sure you got your clothes back on. | 所以记得在那之前就穿回衣服 |
[05:38] | It’s a joke. | 开玩笑啦 |
[05:41] | Based on real events. | 基于真实故事的玩笑 |
[05:43] | Mm, Disneyland? I don’t know. | 迪士尼乐园 我不知道该不该去 |
[05:45] | With all the crowds and the weird characters walking around, | 人挤人 还有奇怪的角色玩偶人四处游走 |
[05:47] | just reminds me too much of India. | 会让我有一种在印度的错觉 |
[05:51] | I haven’t been to Disneyland since I was a kid. | 我从来没去过迪士尼 |
[05:53] | We should definitely go one weekend. | 真应该找个周末去玩玩 |
[05:55] | Weekends are too crowded. | 周末人太多了 |
[05:56] | So, blow off work, go on a weekday. | 那就不去上班 工作日时去 |
[05:58] | Hooky? | 翘班吗 |
[05:59] | I’ve never played hooky in my life. | 我这辈子连课都没翘过 |
[06:01] | My mom said that’s how girls end up | 我妈说翘课的女生最后都会 |
[06:03] | addicted to reefer and jazz music. | 沉迷于大麻和爵士乐 |
[06:07] | It’s more like how girls end up at a Best Western hotel | 其实翘课的女生更有可能在酒店 |
[06:10] | with a 34-year-old guy named Luther. | 跟一个34岁的老头开房 |
[06:15] | Joke? | 也是玩笑吗 |
[06:16] | I can laugh about it now. | 我现在对此能一笑置之了 |
[06:21] | So, what do you say? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[06:22] | This Friday we ditch work and go to Disneyland? | 周五我们放下工作去迪士尼 好吗 |
[06:24] | I’m in. | 我赞成 |
[06:26] | Me, too. | 我也赞成 |
[06:27] | Excuse me, | 打断一下 |
[06:28] | I thought we were trying to solve my problem? | 你们不是要帮忙解决我的问题吗 |
[06:30] | Oh, yeah, right. | 对哦 没错 |
[06:32] | Wait, what was your problem again? | 等下 你的问题是什么来着 |
[06:34] | I am a man who can’t talk to women, | 我是一个无法跟女性正常交流的男人 |
[06:37] | trying to figure out | 试图想出 |
[06:38] | how to go on a romantic date with a girl | 如何跟一个患有严重社交焦虑症 |
[06:40] | who suffers from such crippling social anxiety | 而无法跟人共处的女孩 |
[06:42] | she can’t be around other people. | 进行一次浪漫约会 |
[06:44] | Yeah, that’s a toughie. | 对哦 这还真有难度 |
[06:49] | Let’s think. | 我们好好想想 |
[06:57] | We doing just Disney or California Adventure, too? | 我们是光去迪士尼 还是也去加州冒险乐园呢 |
[07:03] | It’s nice of your old school to let us try out | 真是太好了 你的母校肯让我们 |
[07:05] | our science talk on some female students. | 试验在一群女学生面前宣讲科学 |
[07:07] | Well, they’re actually pretty excited. | 他们其实挺开心的 |
[07:08] | I’m their most famous alum. | 我是他们最出名的毕业生 |
[07:11] | If you don’t count the serial killer | 如果不算那个奸杀妓女 |
[07:12] | who ate all those prostitutes. | 还吃掉她们的连环杀手的话 |
[07:16] | This must feel pretty good for you, | 你的感觉一定很好吧 |
[07:17] | coming back to your alma mater as an astronaut. | 以宇航员的身份荣归母校 |
[07:20] | Yeah, last time I was here, | 那是 我上一次在这里时 |
[07:21] | I was just a scrawny little nerd. | 我只是个骨瘦如柴的小阿宅 |
[07:25] | And now you’re also an astronaut. | 现在还是 不过是多了宇航员的身份 |
[07:28] | So many memories. | 这里有我很多回忆 |
[07:30] | I mean, how many times in these hallways | 我经常在这些走廊里 |
[07:32] | was I tripped, punched and spit on? | 被人绊倒 被人打 还被吐口水 |
[07:36] | Oh, look, here’s my old locker. | 瞧 这是我以前的储物柜 |
[07:38] | I have a masters in engineering | 虽然我是工程学的硕士 |
[07:41] | and I still can’t figure out how Scott Kapinski | 但我还是想不明白斯科特・坎宾斯基 |
[07:44] | got me and my briefcase to fit in there. | 是怎么把我和我的公文包一起塞进里面的 |
[07:52] | What? | 干嘛 |
[07:53] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[07:58] | Smart. We don’t want any problems. | 明智 我们可不想惹麻烦 |
[08:02] | I can’t believe I ditched work for Disneyland. | 真不敢相信 我居然翘班去迪士尼 |
[08:05] | What did you tell your boss? | 你怎么跟老板说的 |
[08:06] | Oh, I was very clever, I did it in stages. | 我相当聪明 一步一步铺好哏 |
[08:09] | At 7:00 last night, | 昨晚7点 |
[08:10] | I called about a problem at the lab | 我打去跟他说实验室的问题 |
[08:11] | and casually mentioned I was going out for seafood. | 然后不经意地提到我要出去吃海鲜 |
[08:15] | At 9:30, | 9点半 |
[08:16] | I called and told him that one of my scallops tasted weird. | 我打去告诉他 我其中一个扇贝吃起来怪怪的 |
[08:19] | At 11:30, I called and said | 11点半 我打过去说 |
[08:21] | I was throwing up like a fire hose. | 我吐得天昏地暗 |
[08:24] | At 12:45, | 12点45分 |
[08:26] | I called and made nothing but dry heaving sounds, | 我打过去 什么也不说就一直干呕 |
[08:28] | and now I’m going to Disneyland. | 而现在我在去迪士尼的路上了 |
[08:33] | Penny, what did you say? | 佩妮 你怎么说的 |
[08:34] | I work at the Cheesecake Factory, | 我在芝士蛋糕工厂上班 |
[08:36] | I said “Bye.” | 说声再见就能甩头走人 |
[08:40] | So, what are we gonna do first? | 我们先玩什么 |
[08:41] | I don’t know about you guys, | 我不知道你们俩想玩什么 |
[08:42] | but I’m gonna make a beeline for the place | 但我要直奔一个地方 |
[08:44] | that gives you a princess makeover. | 可以把你装扮成公主 |
[08:46] | Ooh, that sounds like fun. | 听起来很好玩 |
[08:47] | You’re kidding, right? | 你说笑呢 对吧 |
[08:48] | We’re not just gonna get drunk and go on rides? | 我们不是要喝个大醉 然后去坐游乐设施吗 |
[08:52] | Come on, do it with us. | 别这样 和我们一起玩嘛 |
[08:54] | All right, whatever. | 好吧 随便吧 |
[08:56] | How does it work? | 要怎么玩 |
[08:57] | Okay, so, you pick your princess– | 你先选个公主 |
[08:58] | Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Cinderella– | 睡美人 白雪公主 灰姑娘 |
[09:00] | they give you hair, makeup, the works. | 他们会帮你弄头发 化妆 弄全套 |
[09:03] | Guess it would be fun to be Cinderella. | 打扮成灰姑娘肯定很好玩 |
[09:05] | – Oh, I want to be Cinderella, too. – Yeah. | -我也想当灰姑娘 -对啊 |
[09:08] | We can’t all be Cinderella. | 我们不能都当灰姑娘 |
[09:14] | Then how do we decide? | 那要怎么决定呢 |
[09:15] | Well, it’s simple. | 很简单 |
[09:16] | This was my idea. | 这是我的主意 |
[09:17] | I’m driving. | 开车的是我 |
[09:18] | I’m Cinderella. | 所以我是灰姑娘 |
[09:19] | You bitches got a problem with that, | 你们两个小贱货要是有意见 |
[09:21] | we could stop the car right now. | 我们现在就可以停车 |
[09:36] | Excuse me, I’m meeting a girl here. | 不好意思 我约了女生在这里见面 |
[09:39] | It’s kind of our first date. | 这是我们的第一次约会 |
[09:40] | In a library? | 在图书馆吗 |
[09:44] | She and I are both a little awkward in social situations, | 我和她都有些不擅长社交 |
[09:47] | so this seemed like a good idea. | 所以这里挺好的 |
[09:51] | People say I’m a little awkward, too. | 也常有人说我挺怪的 |
[09:54] | May I join you? | 我能加入你们吗 |
[09:57] | No, you can’t join us. | 不行 |
[09:59] | Just go-go climb back up | 你赶紧走开 |
[10:01] | whatever beanstalk you came down from. | 从哪儿来回哪儿去 |
[10:09] | You can do better. | 你可以找到更好的 |
[10:15] | Oh, we’re eating here? | 我们要在这里吃吗 |
[10:24] | We’re having a texting date? | 这是短信约会吗 |
[10:30] | I love that. | 我喜欢 |
[10:36] | As you’re reading, it will help to remember | 你看短信的时候要记得 |
[10:38] | I have an adorable accent. | 我有超可爱的口音哦 |
[10:45] | Okay, who’s ready for some science? | 好 大家准备好来个科学之旅了吗 |
[10:53] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[10:55] | Okay, I am Dr. Leonard Hofstadter. | 我是莱纳德・霍夫斯塔德博士 |
[10:57] | I am here with my friends Dr. Cooper | 这是我的朋友库珀博士 |
[10:59] | and real-life astronaut Howard Wolowitz, | 和真正的宇航员霍华德・沃罗威茨 |
[11:02] | and we are going to show you girls | 我们会为你们展现 |
[11:04] | how cool a job in science can be. | 科学工作会有多酷 |
[11:07] | How cool, you ask? | 你们问有多酷[冷]是吗 |
[11:09] | Well, how about negative 273 degrees, | 大概有零下273度[绝对零度] |
[11:12] | 热力学函数 | |
[11:12] | ’cause that’s the temperature at which entropy reaches its minimum value. | 因为那是熵达到其最小值时的温度 |
[11:19] | Did I just learn something new and have fun doing it? | 我刚才是开心地学到新知识了吗 |
[11:21] | What? | 还有这种好事 |
[11:26] | All right! | 很好 |
[11:30] | So now let’s bring out theoretical physicist | 现在有请理论物理学家 |
[11:32] | Dr. Sheldon Cooper. | 谢尔顿・库珀博士 |
[11:41] | Hello, female children. | 你们好 女孩子们 |
[11:44] | Allow me to inspire you | 请允许我用一个 |
[11:47] | with a story about a great female scientist. | 伟大的女性科学家的故事来激励你们 |
[11:50] | Polish-born, French-educated | 在波兰出生 在法国接受教育的 |
[11:54] | Madame Curie. | 居里夫人 |
[11:55] | Codiscoverer of radioactivity, | 她是放射线的发现人之一 |
[11:58] | she was a hero of science… | 是科学界的英雄 |
[12:01] | until her hair fell out; | 直到她的头发掉光 |
[12:03] | her vomit and stool became filled with blood… | 吐血和大便带血 |
[12:06] | and she was poisoned to death by her own discovery. | 她被自己的发现毒死了 |
[12:12] | With a little hard work, | 只要勤奋努力 |
[12:14] | I see no reason why that can’t happen to any of you. | 你们一定都能获得她的成果 |
[12:22] | Are we done? Can we go? | 结束了没 我们能走了吗 |
[12:32] | The thing to remember is | 重要的是 |
[12:34] | you can go to outer space, too. | 你们也可以去外太空 |
[12:36] | I mean, look at me. | 瞧瞧我 |
[12:38] | I went to this very school. | 我以前就是这个学校的学生 |
[12:40] | Those desks you’re sitting in, | 你们坐着的其中一张课桌 |
[12:43] | I was once superglued to one of them. | 我曾经被人用强力胶粘在上面过 |
[12:48] | Did you go to the moon? | 你去月球了吗 |
[12:50] | No, but I did go to | 没有 但我确实去了 |
[12:51] | the International Space Station. | 国际太空站 |
[12:54] | Did you fly the rocket? | 你驾驶火箭了吗 |
[12:56] | No, | 没有 |
[12:57] | but I was in the rocket. | 但我确实乘坐了火箭 |
[13:00] | I didn’t actually… | 我没有 |
[13:01] | So you just flew around? That’s kind of like my uncle. | 所以你就是飞而已 和我叔叔很像 |
[13:03] | He’s a flight attendant. | 他是个空乘员 |
[13:09] | No… | 不 |
[13:10] | I’m an American hero. | 我是美国的英雄 |
[13:12] | Your uncle brings people nuts, okay? | 而你叔叔只会让人抓狂 |
[13:15] | Boy, we are learning a lot here, huh? | 我们学到了很多是吧 |
[13:17] | Thank you, Astronaut Howard. | 谢谢你 霍华德宇航员 |
[13:21] | Um, I am what’s called an experimental physicist, | 我是一名实验物理学家 |
[13:24] | which is super-fun, because I get to test theories | 我的工作特别好玩 因为我能测试证明理论 |
[13:27] | and work with lasers. | 工作还能跟激光打交道 |
[13:29] | Yes? | 请讲 |
[13:30] | How did you decide to become a scientist? | 你是怎么决定当个科学家的 |
[13:32] | Uh, excellent question. | 这问题提得好 |
[13:34] | Um, I suppose I’ve always been into science, you know… | 我从小就喜欢科学 |
[13:38] | My mother and father are scientists, | 我的妈妈爸爸都是科学家 |
[13:39] | so I was kind of led in that direction. | 所以他们一直引导我走上这条路 |
[13:41] | Eh, pushed might be a better way to describe it. | 我是被逼的 这种形容更恰当 |
[13:44] | To be honest with you guys, | 说句实话 |
[13:46] | when I was your age, | 我在你们这么大的时候 |
[13:47] | I wanted to be a rap star. | 我想当的是说唱明星 |
[13:50] | Like Snoop Dogg, | 像史诺普・道格一样 |
[13:50] | 史诺普・道格 美国说唱歌手 犯有私藏枪支和大麻罪 | |
[13:51] | but with a healthy respect for the police. | 但是对警方更为尊重 |
[13:56] | Yeah, no, sure, you laugh. | 没关系 你们笑吧 |
[13:58] | Just like my mother did. | 我妈也笑了 |
[14:01] | * After I confided, | 我对她坦诚相告 * |
[14:02] | * I was derided and chided, | 她对我责备嘲笑 * |
[14:03] | * my moms and I collided. | 我们俩碰撞引爆 * |
[14:05] | * She said my dreams were misguided. | 她说我路走歪掉 * |
[14:13] | That’s just a little freestyle. | 随便即兴说唱两句 |
[14:19] | My dad’s a gynecologist in India, | 我爸爸是印度的妇科医生 |
[14:21] | so if you’re over there and need a check-up, | 如果你去了印度 需要检查一下 |
[14:24] | 子宫cervix与服务service音似 原意是”为你效劳” | |
[14:24] | as he likes to say, he’s “at your cervix.” | 用他的话来说 他愿意”检查你的子宫” |
[14:33] | That’s terrible. | 太坏了 |
[14:34] | penitentiary是监狱 但pun-itentiary则是双关语监狱 | |
[14:34] | Your dad should be sent to the pun-itentiary. | 你爸爸该被送进”双关”监狱 |
[14:42] | That’s a fitting pun-ishment. | 真是个合适的[双关]惩罚 |
[14:50] | I still don’t know what you do for a living. | 我还不知道你的工作呢 |
[14:55] | Web design. | 网页设计 |
[15:00] | Anything I might have seen? | 有我可能看过的网页吗 |
[15:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:05] | You ever look at porn web sites? | 你浏览过色情网站吗 |
[15:18] | No, never. | 从来没有 |
[15:20] | What is porn? | 那是什么 |
[15:26] | Sorry. Autocorrect. | 不好意思 自动纠错功能 |
[15:27] | That was supposed to say | 我本来打的是 |
[15:29] | “Prom Web sites.” | “舞会网站” |
[15:36] | Ooh, fun. I love prom. | 真有趣 我喜欢舞会 |
[15:38] | The romance, the gowns, | 气氛浪漫 锦衣华服 |
[15:40] | it’s like a fairy tale come to life. | 简直就像童话成真了 |
[15:50] | Sorry. Autocorrect. | 不好意思 自动纠错功能 |
[15:52] | That was supposed to say, | 我本来打的是 |
[15:53] | “I like sports.” | “我喜欢运动” |
[15:59] | I never wanted to play the cello. | 我从来都不想拉大提琴 |
[16:03] | How do you meet girls playing the cello? | 拉大提琴怎么泡得到女孩啊 |
[16:06] | “Hey, you want to come over to my house | “你想来我家 |
[16:07] | and listen to me play an instrument | 听我演奏一种乐器吗 |
[16:08] | that sounds like a suicidal bumblebee?” | 那听起来像大黄蜂自杀的声音哦” |
[16:13] | Quick, pull the fire alarm. | 赶紧去拉响火警报警器 |
[16:14] | Let’s get out of here. | 好让咱们趁机溜走 |
[16:16] | Uh, hello again. | 各位 再次问好 |
[16:18] | Um, yeah, I don’t know if women in general | 我不知道是不是所有的女人 |
[16:22] | have been actively discouraged | 都被人主动劝阻过 |
[16:24] | from pursuing the sciences, | 不要追求科学 |
[16:26] | but it’s clear you young women here, today, have been. | 但很显然 今天你们这些女孩都被劝阻了 |
[16:34] | While I was listening to my colleagues waste your time, | 我听着我同事们废话连篇浪费你们的时间 |
[16:38] | it occurred to me that it might be much more meaningful | 我突然想到 如果让真实的科学女强人 |
[16:41] | to hear about women in science | 为你们讲述女人投身科学的事迹 |
[16:44] | from actual women in science, | 这样也许更有意义 |
[16:46] | and, uh, I happen to know two brilliant examples | 我碰巧认识两位科学女强人 |
[16:49] | who have agreed to speak to you on the phone right now. | 她们同意现在和你们进行电话交流 |
[16:52] | Uh, Dr. Rostenkowski, | 罗斯滕科夫斯基博士 |
[16:54] | Dr. Fowler, are you there? | 福勒博士 你们在吗 |
[16:56] | We’re here. | 我们在 |
[16:57] | Thank you for taking time out of your very busy schedule | 感谢两位在百忙之中抽出宝贵的时间 |
[17:00] | to enlighten these young women. | 来启发年轻的女孩子们 |
[17:03] | It’s our pleasure. | 乐意之至 |
[17:10] | 白雪公主 | |
[17:10] | I’m Dr. Fowler, and I’m a neuroscientist. | 我是福勒博士 神经科学家 |
[17:12] | And I’m Dr. Rostenkowski Wolowitz, | 我是罗森考斯基・沃罗维茨博士 |
[17:12] | 灰姑娘 | |
[17:14] | and I’m a microbiologist. | 微生物学家 |
[17:16] | The world of science needs more women, | 科学世界需要更多女性 |
[17:18] | but from a young age, we girls are encouraged to care | 但女孩们从小就被教导成 |
[17:22] | more about the way we look | 更在乎自己的外貌 |
[17:24] | than about the power of our minds. | 而不是头脑的力量 |
[17:29] | That’s true. | 是的 |
[17:30] | Every one of you has the capacity | 你们每一个人都有能力 |
[17:32] | to be anything you want to be. | 成为自己想当的人 |
[17:34] | 睡美人 | |
[17:34] | Unless you want to be Cinderella. | 但想当灰姑娘就不行 |
[17:38] | Come at me. | 来单挑啊 |
[17:39] | See what happens. | 看看谁厉害 |
[17:44] | This was really fun. | 今天真的很好玩 |
[17:48] | My battery’s dying, so I’m just gonna talk. | 我的手机要没电了 我就用说的吧 |
[17:52] | Thanks for today. | 谢谢今天你约我出来 |
[17:54] | I’ve been trying to do more things that scare me, | 我一直试着做更多让我害怕的事情 |
[17:57] | and coming here was definitely one of them. | 来这和你约会绝对是其中之一 |
[18:00] | But it was also really nice. | 但今天真挺不错的 |
[18:01] | So thanks, and, um, | 所以 谢谢 |
[18:05] | I’m gonna go. | 我打算走了 |
[18:11] | Maybe I could do one more scary thing | 也许我在离开前 |
[18:14] | before I go and give you a kiss good-bye? | 能再做一件可怕的事 和你吻别 |
[18:17] | You know, if that’s okay. | 如果你同意的话 |
[18:22] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[18:28] | Panic attack! Maybe next time. | 恐慌症发作 下次吧 |
[18:34] | I’m counting that as foreplay. | 我就把这算做前戏了 |
[18:46] | Bernie, I’m home. | 妮妮 我回家了 |
[18:50] | You have fun today? | 你今天玩的开心吗 |
[18:51] | Yes, and I have a surprise for you. | 开心 而且我为你准备了惊喜 |
[18:55] | Please be Cinderella. Please be Cinderella. | 一定要是灰姑娘 一定要是灰姑娘 |
[18:59] | Well, hello, Prince Charming. | 你好啊 白马王子 |
[19:06] | Milady. | 小姐 |
[19:19] | Hey, how was your… what? | 你今天… 什么情况 |
[19:23] | I can explain. | 我能解释 |
[19:24] | I played hooky with the girls, | 我和姑娘们翘班 |
[19:25] | then we all went to Disneyland and got… | 一起去了迪士尼乐园 然后… |
[19:28] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么呢 |
[19:29] | Disneyland. Go on, I’m listening. | 迪士尼乐园嘛 继续说 我听着呢 |
[19:35] | Sheldon, all Snow White needs | 谢尔顿 白雪公主只需要 |
[19:38] | is one little kiss to wake up. | 轻轻一吻就能醒来哦 |
[19:41] | Heard you the first time. | 你说第一次时我就听见了 |