时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Try to keep up, Howard! | Howard 快跟上! |
[00:14] | I’m killing it! | 我真是帅翻了! |
[00:17] | Yeah, I wish we looked as cool dancing in clubs | 真希望酒吧里跳舞 |
[00:19] | as we do right now. | 也能和现在跳得一样酷 |
[00:22] | Don’t worry, this is exactly how you look | 别担心 你在酒吧里 |
[00:24] | when you’re dancing in clubs. | 就跳成这个样子 |
[00:26] | You’re welcome, ladies. | 多谢小妞夸奖 |
[00:29] | Paradigm-shifting news, gentlemen! | 先生们 插播一条新闻! |
[00:33] | Dude! | 老兄! |
[00:34] | I was about to bollywood this bitch. | 我刚要使出我的宝莱坞式绝招 |
[00:37] | Earlier today, I invited | 今早 |
[00:40] | Professor Stephen Hawking to join me | 我邀请了霍金教授 |
[00:42] | in the popular online game “Words with Friends”. | 和我一起玩线上游戏 “朋友来填词” |
[00:45] | Moments ago, he accepted my request. | 就在刚刚 他接收了我的请求 |
[00:48] | Do you understand what that means? | 你们知道那意味着什么吗? |
[00:50] | That somewhere right now Stephen Hawking is saying, | 意味着 现在霍金正在某个地方懊恼 |
[00:52] | “Damn it. | “该死” |
[00:55] | “I meant to click no.” | “我本来要点拒绝的” |
[00:59] | I’ll walk you through it. | 我直接告诉你们吧 |
[01:01] | The game is not called “Words with Strangers”. | 这个游戏既不叫 “陌生人来填词” |
[01:04] | No, it’s not even called | 也不叫 |
[01:06] | “Words with Acquaintances”. | “熟人来填词” |
[01:07] | It is called | 它叫做 |
[01:09] | Words with… | 什么造词… |
[01:13] | I’m not finishing your sentence. | 我才不会接你的话呢 |
[01:14] | You pulled the plug on my funk. | 你掐我音乐 |
[01:16] | Friends! | 是”好友”! |
[01:18] | It’s words with friends! | 是”好友来造词”! |
[01:20] | Which Stephen Hawking and I | 意味着 我和霍金 |
[01:21] | officially are. | 正式成为好友 |
[01:22] | Now all I need is a bunk bed with a slide; | 现在我所需要的就是滑梯双层床 |
[01:25] | I’ll have everything I’ve ever wanted | 我即将达成 |
[01:26] | since I was six years old. | 我自六岁起的梦想 |
[01:28] | That’s really nice, Sheldon. | 那真好 Sheldon |
[01:29] | I’m happy for you. | 真替你高兴 |
[01:31] | And I’m happy for you, too. | 我也替你高兴 |
[01:32] | You are now friends with someone | 你现在有一个好朋友 |
[01:34] | who is officially friends with stephen hawking. | 他可是霍金的好朋友哦 |
[01:36] | Enjoy it, boys. | 诸位 尽情享受吧 |
[01:38] | You may have peaked. | 可能这就是你们人生的巅峰 |
[01:40] | Sheldon, I know Stephen Hawking. | Sheldon 我和霍金是认识的 |
[01:42] | I worked with him. | 我和他一起工作 |
[01:43] | And if they ever come out with a game called | 如果有个游戏叫做 |
[01:45] | Words with people you once worked with, | “同事来造词” |
[01:47] | You’ll be off to the races. | 你可以去参加 |
[01:50] | Sheldon, I don’t think this actually means… | Sheldon 我觉得这并不代表… |
[01:52] | Hold that thought! | Hold住那个想法! |
[01:54] | Professor Hawking has made a move. | 霍金教授已经开始玩了 |
[01:56] | Boy, oh, boy. | 噢 男孩们 |
[01:58] | Oh, it’s only a matter of time | 我们给对方有趣的昵称 |
[01:59] | before we’re coming up with fun nicknames for each other. | 那是指日可待了 |
[02:03] | I’ll be coop. | 我叫酷哥儿 |
[02:05] | He’ll be wheels. | 他叫轮椅哥 |
[02:09] | If he’s okay with that. | 只要他不介意 |
[02:12] | All right. | 好的 |
[02:14] | Crank up the AC, boy! | 把空调开开! |
[02:17] | It’s gonna get hot in here! | 这里要嗨起来了! |
[02:21] | * our whole universe was in a hot, dense state * | * 宇宙一度又烫又稠密 * |
[02:24] | * then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started… Wait! * | * 140亿年前终于爆了炸… 等着瞧! * |
[02:28] | * the earth began to cool * | * 地球开始降温 * |
[02:29] | * the autotrophs began to drool, neanderthals developed tools * | * 自养生物来起哄 穴居人发明工具 * |
[02:32] | * we built the wall * * we built the pyramids * | * 我们建长城 我们建金字塔 * |
[02:34] | * math, science, history, unraveling the mystery * | * 数学 自然科学 历史 揭开神秘 * |
[02:37] | * that all started with a big bang * | * 一切由大爆炸开始 * |
[02:39] | * Bang! * | * 砰! * |
[02:50] | So, I was taking a shower this morning, | 今天早晨我正在洗澡 |
[02:52] | And when I got out, I started to dry off with | 当我出来的时候 |
[02:54] | what I thought was a towel but turned out to be | 我用一条毛巾擦干身体 |
[02:56] | Howard’s mom’s underwear. | 结果发现是Howard妈妈的内裤 |
[03:03] | I had to take another shower. | 我得再洗一个澡 |
[03:07] | It wasn’t enough. | 一个都不够 |
[03:11] | Nothing will ever be enough. | 多少个都不够 |
[03:14] | I once looked in Sheldon’s underwear drawer. | 我有一次偷看Sheldon放内裤的抽屉 |
[03:17] | He yelled at me. | 他骂了我一顿 |
[03:18] | But now I know what it looks like | 不过现在我知道那长什么样子了 |
[03:20] | And he can never take that away. | 一直存在我的心中 |
[03:23] | There’s a book under here. | 这下面有本书 |
[03:24] | Oh, I’ll get that. | 噢 我来吧 |
[03:25] | I got it. I got it. No, no, it’s… | 我拿到了 等等 这是… |
[03:26] | Why do you have a history textbook? | 为什么你会有一本历史教科书? |
[03:29] | It’s not a big deal. | 没什么 |
[03:31] | Just taking a class | 我在上 |
[03:32] | At the Pasadena Community College. | 帕萨迪纳社区大学的课 |
[03:34] | That’s great. | 不错啊 |
[03:35] | I didn’t know you wanted to go back to school. | 我都不知道你还想再回学校 |
[03:37] | It’s just one history class. | 只是堂历史课 |
[03:38] | Look, I didn’t finish college, | 我没能大学毕业 |
[03:40] | So I thought I would give it a try. | 所以我想我应该试一试 |
[03:41] | Not to mention, your acting career | 你的表演生涯就像 |
[03:43] | is going south like Sherman. | 谢尔曼将军一路向南(内战镇压南方独立) |
[03:47] | Read about it in your book. | 去你的历史书里看看 |
[03:51] | Why would you be embarrassed to tell us? | 为什么你会觉得不好意思告诉我们? |
[03:53] | No, I’m not embarrassed. | 我没有不好意思 |
[03:54] | I just didn’t want anyone to know | 我只是不想在告诉Lenard之前 |
[03:56] | because I haven’t told leonard yet. | 告诉别人 |
[03:57] | Why wouldn’t you tell Leonard? | 那为什么你不告诉Lenard? |
[03:58] | Because it’s me going back to school, | 因为要回学校的是我 |
[04:00] | And he’s gonna be all “you can do it,” and “how can I help?” | 但他总会说 “你可以做到” 以及 “我能帮你什么吗?” |
[04:03] | And “I’m so proud of you.” | “我真为你骄傲” 之类的话 |
[04:04] | Ugh! | 呕! |
[04:07] | I just can’t believe you could | 我只是不敢相信 |
[04:09] | keep something like that from him. | 你连这种事都不告诉他 |
[04:10] | You guys have got to be the weirdest couple I know. | 你们两个是我认识的最怪异的一对 |
[04:19] | Really? | 真的? |
[04:22] | You can’t think of anyone weirder? | 你想不到更怪异的? |
[04:26] | I can, | 我想得到 |
[04:28] | but she’s sitting right there. | 但是她就坐在对面呢 |
[04:35] | Yes! | 嘢! |
[04:36] | I play the word “quiver” with a triple letter | 我用一个三倍分值字母和一个两倍分值字母 |
[04:40] | and a double word score for 72 points. | 拼出了个”quiver”得到72分 |
[04:43] | That ought to let the air out of your tires, hawking. | 霍金 那估计得吓得你打退堂鼓了吧 |
[04:48] | Wow, my boyfriend is friends with stephen hawking | 哇 我的男朋友是霍金的好朋友 |
[04:52] | And my new dandruff shampoo doesn’t smell like tar. | 而且我新买的去屑洗发水一点沥青味道也没有 |
[04:55] | Everything really is coming up amy. | 幸福向Amy扑面而来 |
[04:59] | It is glorious. | 真是荣耀 |
[05:01] | One of the greatest intellects of our time | 当今最聪慧的伟人 |
[05:04] | has agreed to engage with me in a gentlemanly battle of wits. | 在和我进行一场智力上的君子之战 |
[05:08] | And I’m spanking him so hard | 我把他打得一塌糊涂 |
[05:09] | his grad students won’t be able to sit down. | 他带的研究生们可得忙乎了 |
[05:13] | You know, when one male dominates another, | 男人控制欲发作时 |
[05:15] | His testosterone level rises. | 他的睾丸素会增多 |
[05:17] | What’s your point? | 你什么意思? |
[05:19] | It’s exciting to think you might be getting a testosterone level. | 一想到你睾丸素增多我就兴奋 |
[05:27] | Ooh! | 喔! |
[05:29] | My friend Stephen just played the word “act” for 18 points. | 我朋友斯蒂芬刚回了个”act”得了18分 |
[05:33] | That’s right, I call him Stephen now. | 对 我已经直呼其名了 |
[05:36] | Because I checked, and he was not okay with wheels. | 我问过了 他不喜欢轮椅哥这个称呼 |
[05:39] | Oh, you could turn his “act” into “extract,” | 用这个”act”你可以回个”extract” |
[05:43] | And it would be for double points. | 双倍积分喔 |
[05:45] | Amy. | Amy啊 |
[05:46] | Why would you give me a word? | 你干嘛教我? |
[05:48] | Now, if I play “extract,” it would be cheating. | 我要是回了”extract” 就是作弊 |
[05:51] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:51] | Although, I could play | 不过 我可以回 |
[05:54] | the completely unrelated and better word “extract.” | 一个毫无关联的词”EXTRACT” |
[06:00] | Ethical conundrum avoided. | 道德准则不被违背 |
[06:02] | Thanks, brain. | 多谢 大脑 |
[06:07] | Spaghetti okay? | 面好吃吗? |
[06:09] | It’s crunchy. | 挺有嚼头 |
[06:11] | Just the way I like it. | 我就喜欢 |
[06:14] | Yeah, I don’t think the water was really boiling. | 嗯 煮面水好像不怎么开 |
[06:18] | It’s great. I love it. | 太棒了 我喜欢 |
[06:22] | Okay, listen, there’s something I need to tell you. | 听着 我要告诉你件事 |
[06:24] | I’ve been thinking about going back to school for a while now. | 我想了一阵子回大学上课这事 |
[06:27] | So a couple months ago, I started taking a history class | 几个月前 我开始在社区大学 |
[06:30] | at the community college. | 上历史课 |
[06:31] | Oh. | 喔 |
[06:32] | That’s great! Great, great, great! | 太棒了! 棒 棒 棒! |
[06:34] | Why wait so long to tell me? | 怎么现在才告诉我? |
[06:36] | I don’t want you to make a big deal out of it. | 不想让你大惊小怪啊 |
[06:39] | Why do you think I’d be like that? | 我哪会那样呢? |
[06:40] | I get it, you’re taking one class. It’s nice. | 我懂的 你就是上了门课 很好 |
[06:42] | Maybe if it goes well, | 情况好的话 |
[06:43] | you take another, you enroll full-time. | 再上一门 变成全日制学生 |
[06:44] | Ooh, be sure to keep an eye on | 喔 多注意一下 |
[06:45] | which credits transfer to a four-year college. | 哪些课的学分能转去读四年的正规大学 |
[06:48] | You’re making it a big deal. | 你大惊小怪了 |
[06:50] | Sorry. Whatever. | 抱歉 无所谓啦 |
[06:52] | It’s all good. | 反正很好 |
[06:54] | Anyway, that’s it. | 总之 就这样 |
[06:55] | I just thought you should know. | 觉得你该知道 |
[06:57] | Am I allowed to ask how the class is going? | 我能不能问问课上得怎么样? |
[06:59] | It’s really good. | 很不错 |
[07:01] | We’ve been talking about the origins of slavery. | 一直在讲奴隶制度的起源 |
[07:02] | Turn in my first paper tomorrow. | 明天交第一份论文 |
[07:04] | Great topic. I can help with that. | 很棒的主题 我能帮你 |
[07:05] | There are lots of different perspectives you can take: | 这个主题能写的角度很多: |
[07:07] | Economic, sociological, political… | 经济啦 社会学啦 政治啦… |
[07:09] | Hey, this is my paper. | 嘿 这是我的论文 |
[07:11] | And my perspective is that slavery is bad. | 我的角度就是奴隶制度不好 |
[07:16] | Oh, and my professor’s black, | 我教授是黑人 |
[07:17] | so I’m pretty sure that’s the right answer. | 这么写肯定没错 |
[07:20] | Can I take a look? | 我能看一眼吗? |
[07:22] | No, Leonard, this is my thing. | 不 Leonard 这是我的 |
[07:25] | Okay, I get it. | 好 我懂了 |
[07:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢你尊重 |
[07:28] | It’s like when I started doing chin-ups; | 就像我去学引体向上 |
[07:30] | I didn’t want you to see until I could do one. | 做不出来我就不告诉你 |
[07:33] | FYI, really close. | 说一句 马上就能做了 |
[07:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:39] | Now behave yourself and eat your dinner. | 乖乖地吃完晚饭 |
[07:40] | Maybe later, if you’re lucky, | 运气好的话 |
[07:41] | you get to sleep with a college girl. | 你就能上大学妹了 |
[07:43] | Really? | 真的? |
[07:44] | ‘Cause I went to four years of college | 我上了四年大学 |
[07:46] | and five years of grad school, that never happened once. | 五年博士 从来没上到啊 |
[07:51] | I think the next time I have to speak to a call center in India, | 下次我再给印度的呼叫中心打电话 |
[07:54] | I’m going to try using an american accent. | 我要换成美式口音 |
[08:00] | Why? | 为啥? |
[08:01] | Because when I use my regular voice, | 如果我用阿三口音 |
[08:04] | I feel like I’m making fun of them. | 感觉好像我在嘲笑他们 |
[08:09] | That’s ridiculous. | 荒唐 |
[08:10] | Not to mention, your american accent is terrible. | 再说了 你的美式口语烂爆了 |
[08:12] | Dude, my accent is brilliant. | 喂 很棒的好不好 |
[08:15] | Hey, my snow-white American friends, | 嘿 白皮美国哥们 |
[08:17] | let’s put some cow meat on the barbecue | 咱往烤肉架上整点牛肉 |
[08:19] | and eat it until we’re all obese. | 吃到我们糖尿病好不好 |
[08:22] | This is what you sound like. | 你听起来是这样 |
[08:24] | I think I’m talking | 我试图用 |
[08:26] | in an american accent, but it really sounds like | 美式口音 但我听起来像 |
[08:28] | I’m wearing a set of giant dentures. | 戴着巨大的假牙 |
[08:31] | Sheldon, do I really sound like that? | Sheldon 我真的那么糟? |
[08:34] | Tell him he sounds like that. | 说啊 他就这样 |
[08:38] | Sheldon, you okay? | Sheldon 你咋了? |
[08:40] | It’s been three days. | 都三天了 |
[08:43] | Why hasn’t Stephen Hawking played a word? | 霍金怎么还不回我? |
[08:48] | The guy’s a genius. | 他是个天才 |
[08:49] | Maybe you weren’t challenging enough for him. | 也许觉得这游戏小儿科吧 |
[08:51] | Not challenging? | 小儿科? |
[08:53] | I was humiliating the man. | 我打他个片甲不留 |
[08:54] | I was thinking of writing a book called a brief history of | 我都打算写本书叫 |
[08:57] | the time I made stephen hawking cry like a little girl. | 把霍金打得屁滚尿流的日子 |
[09:00] | There’s the problem. | 问题就在这 |
[09:03] | You can’t beat Hawking like that. | 你不能这样对他 |
[09:05] | He hates to lose. | 他讨厌输 |
[09:06] | Everyone knows the guy’s a big baby. | 大家都知道他小孩子气 |
[09:08] | I mean, forget the wheelchair, he should be in a stroller. | 什么轮椅 干脆给他弄一个儿童推车吧 |
[09:14] | Really? | 真的? |
[09:16] | One time when I was working with him, | 有次我跟他共事 |
[09:18] | He said that Johnny Depp was in the matrix. | 他说强尼德普在”黑客帝国”里 |
[09:21] | I told him he was wrong, but he kept insisting. | 我告诉他 他错了 他不听 |
[09:23] | So I looked it up online and showed him. | 我上网查 给他看了 |
[09:26] | Well, the next day, he had a pizza party, | 结果第二天 他搞了个披萨派对 |
[09:29] | and everyone got invited but me. | 就不请我 |
[09:33] | And then he was all, | 他还得意洋洋 |
[09:35] | “your invitation must have” | “你的邀请函” |
[09:37] | “gotten lost in the matrix.” | “丢失在黑客帝国里了哟” |
[09:43] | Good lord, what have I done? | 我滴亲娘 我都干了啥? |
[09:46] | good lord, what have I done? | 我滴祖宗 我都干了嘛? |
[09:51] | Terrible. | 烂爆了 |
[09:54] | All right, hotshot, let’s hear your Indian. | 那你来啊 牛逼 印度口音 |
[09:57] | I can’t sit on that elephant, | 我坐不上那头大象 |
[09:59] | my ass is on fire from eating all this curry. | 咖喱吃多了屁股火辣辣的 |
[10:06] | Okay, yeah, that’s pretty good. | 好吧 学得挺棒 |
[10:30] | Please be good. | 一定要好 |
[10:32] | Please be good. | 一定要好 |
[10:38] | Uh-huh. | 啊哈 |
[10:42] | Uh-huh. | 啊哈 |
[10:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:47] | She writes like she cooks. | 她文笔跟厨艺一样 |
[10:58] | Play. | 回我 |
[11:00] | Play. Play. | 快回复 |
[11:03] | Play. | 回复 |
[11:04] | Play. | 回复 |
[11:06] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[11:09] | Trying to use a Jedi mind trick | 我正试着用绝地神力 |
[11:11] | to control Stephen Hawking. | 来控制史蒂芬·霍金 |
[11:14] | Play. | 回复 |
[11:15] | Play. | 回复 |
[11:17] | Oh… | 该死… |
[11:18] | he must be wearing a tinfoil hat or something. | 他肯定戴了个锡纸做的头盔 |
[11:22] | I did a bad thing. | 我做了件坏事 |
[11:24] | Does it affect me? | 对我有影响吗? |
[11:25] | No. | 没有 |
[11:26] | Then suffer in silence. | 那就闭嘴 自己折腾去 |
[11:29] | Play. | 回复 |
[11:30] | Play. Play. | 快回复 |
[11:34] | Stephen Hawking… | 史蒂芬·霍金… |
[11:36] | Stephen Hawking… Stephen Hawking. | 史蒂芬·霍金… 史蒂芬·霍金 |
[11:40] | Penny started taking a class. | Penny去上课了 |
[11:42] | She wrote a paper, she didn’t want me to read it, | 她写了篇论文 不想让我看 |
[11:44] | I went behind her back and I read it anyway. | 但我还是偷偷地读了一下 |
[11:46] | Stephen Hawking hates me. | 史蒂芬·霍金讨厌我了 |
[11:49] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办了 |
[11:50] | I mean, the paper’s terrible. | 我是说 那论文糟透了 |
[11:52] | But if I tell her, she’ll know that I read it | 但如果我跟她说了 她就会知道我偷看的事 |
[11:54] | and she’ll get really mad. | 她会气疯的 |
[11:55] | I was beating him so bad, | 我赢了他太多分 |
[11:56] | he doesn’t want to be friends anymore. | 他不想跟我做朋友了 |
[11:58] | Why does everyone love me except Stephen Hawking? | 为什么全世界就史蒂芬·霍金不喜欢我呢? |
[12:02] | Is it possible we’re having two different conversations? | 我们两个讲的不是一件事吧? |
[12:05] | How would I know? | 我怎么知道? |
[12:06] | I’m not listening to you. | 我根本没听你说话 |
[12:10] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[12:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:13] | Here’s what we’re gonna do. | 我有解决办法 |
[12:14] | Chess clock. | 象棋计时器 |
[12:16] | We each get five minutes to talk about our problems. | 我们每人有五分钟阐述各自的问题 |
[12:18] | We’ll take turns. | 轮流说 |
[12:19] | Each turn will consist of | 每一轮都包括 |
[12:21] | a statement and a helpful response from the friend. | 观点阐述以及友人的出谋划策 |
[12:24] | Begin. | 开始 |
[12:25] | I humiliated Stephen Hawking | 我在”好友来填词”里 |
[12:28] | in a game of Words with Friends. | 让史蒂芬·霍金丢人了 |
[12:29] | He stopped playing. | 他不玩了 |
[12:30] | And now we’re not friends anymore. | 我们不再是朋友了 |
[12:32] | He’s probably busy. | 他可能只是忙了 |
[12:34] | You’re worried about nothing. | 你这是在杞人忧天 |
[12:35] | Give it a couple more days. | 再多等几天 |
[12:37] | I’m sure he’ll play, and you’ll see that everything’s fine. | 我相信他会继续玩的 一切都会好起来 |
[12:38] | My turn. | 换我了 |
[12:41] | I can’t let Penny hand in a bad paper, | 我不能让Penny交这么份烂论文 |
[12:43] | but how do I tell her it’s bad | 但我要怎么做才能既提醒她 |
[12:44] | without letting her know that I read it? | 又不让她知道我看过了呢? |
[12:46] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[12:47] | Beats me. Now… | 我也没办法 换我… |
[12:51] | I know Hawking’s not busy | 我知道霍金不忙 |
[12:53] | because I can see he’s playing other people right now. | 因为我能看到他正在跟别人玩 |
[12:55] | Maybe since you’re so good, | 也许是你太强了 |
[12:58] | he’s taking his time to meet the challenge. | 他正在努力追上你的水平 |
[13:00] | I want Penny to enjoy school… | 我想让Penny享受校园时光… |
[13:01] | Wolowitz told me he’s a big baby! | Wolowitz跟我说他很孩子气! |
[13:03] | But I didn’t know that, | 但我当时不知道 |
[13:05] | and I played “extract” for 82 points. | 还填上了”extract”一次 得了82分 |
[13:07] | It’s all Amy’s fault. She told me to play it. | 都是Amy的错 是她让我填这个词的 |
[13:09] | I have got to cut her loose. | 我必须跟她分手了 |
[13:13] | Sheldon, I wasn’t done talking. | Sheldon 我还没说完呢 |
[13:15] | She hands in the paper tomorrow. | 她明天就要交论文了 |
[13:17] | I know I could help her. | 我知道我能帮她 |
[13:19] | And she’s my girlfriend… | 她是我女朋友… |
[13:21] | I… I should be allowed to help her. | 应该… 能帮她的吧 |
[13:22] | Why aren’t I allowed to help her? | 我为什么不能帮她? |
[13:24] | Yeah, I hear you, brother. | 我听到了 哥们 |
[13:26] | No. | 不对 |
[13:28] | You need to give me some advice. | 你得给点建议 |
[13:29] | Fine. Women, huh? | 好吧 女人都这样 对吧? |
[13:31] | No… | 不对… |
[13:34] | specific to my situation. | 要根据我的情况提建议 |
[13:37] | Blonde women, huh? | 金发女人都这样 对吧? |
[13:41] | Empathetic! | 有点感情! |
[13:42] | – It sucks to be you. – I quit. | – 你太失败了 – 哥不玩了 |
[13:44] | Leonard, wait. No. | Leonard 等等 别走 |
[13:47] | I listened to your dumb thing. | 我都听完你唠叨了 |
[13:50] | Leonard, come back. | Leonard 回来 |
[13:51] | Leonard, come back. | Leonard 回来 |
[13:53] | Leonard, come back. | Leonard 回来 |
[13:54] | – What? – Oh, of course, | – 什么? – 当然 |
[13:55] | It only works on the weak-minded. | 神力只对意志薄弱的人有用 |
[14:06] | Good morning, sunshine. | 早上好 甜心 |
[14:10] | Leonard. | 噢 Leonard |
[14:12] | It’s 8:00 a.m. | 才八点 |
[14:13] | It’s like the middle of the night. | 感觉就像半夜一样 |
[14:17] | I know, but I have to go to work, | 我知道 但我得去工作了 |
[14:19] | and I made you breakfast. | 先给你做了早饭 |
[14:21] | Oh, wow, that’s so sweet. | 天呐 太贴心了 |
[14:22] | – Hey, what’s this? – Uh, | – 这是什么? – 呃 |
[14:24] | before you open that, um, are you familiar | 在你打开之前 你还记得 |
[14:26] | with the story of “The Shoemaker and The Elves”? | “鞋匠和小矮人”的故事嘛? |
[14:29] | Elves? Come on, Leonard. | 小矮人? 得了吧 Leonard |
[14:30] | – It’s too early for Lord of the Rings. – No, no. | – 大清早就讲”魔戒” 这可不合适 – 不对 |
[14:36] | Listen, um… | 听着… |
[14:37] | once upon a time, there was this shoemaker | 很久很久以前 有一个鞋匠 |
[14:39] | and when he went to bed at night, | 每当他入睡之后 |
[14:41] | Elves would sneak in | 小矮人们会偷偷进屋 |
[14:42] | and they would make all these amazing | 帮他做好多漂亮的 |
[14:45] | shoes for him. | 鞋子 |
[14:46] | And when the shoemaker woke up in the morning, | 当鞋匠在早上醒来之后 |
[14:48] | he… he would be super happy, | 他… 非常高兴 |
[14:50] | not mad at the elves at all. | 而且根本不生小矮人的气 |
[14:54] | Open it. | 打开吧 |
[14:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:58] | “An examination of the economic, cultural,” | “论1619年至1865年期间” |
[15:00] | “and political roots of slavery” | “在经济 文化 政治领域” |
[15:03] | “in the old south: 1619 to 1865.” | “南部奴隶制度的根源” |
[15:07] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么? |
[15:09] | Don’t ask me. A little elf did it. | 别问我 是小矮人写的 |
[15:14] | So let me get this straight. | 我们还是把话说开吧 |
[15:16] | You just assumed my paper would be bad | 你是不是觉得我的论文肯定很糟 |
[15:19] | so you wrote one for me? | 所以帮我写了一份? |
[15:20] | No, I assumed it would be good. Then I read it. | 不 我觉得肯定写的不错 所以就读了一遍 |
[15:22] | – What?! – No, I… | – 什么?! – 不 我… |
[15:24] | I mean, it was good. | 我是说论文不错 |
[15:26] | There were just a few things that needed a little polishing. | 只是有一些小地方需要雕琢修改一下 |
[15:28] | – What… You changed every word. – That’s not true. | – 什么… 你把每个字都改了 – 没有 |
[15:31] | Uh… | 呃… |
[15:32] | “slavery.” | “奴隶制度” |
[15:36] | “1619,” | “1619年” |
[15:38] | your name at the top… that’s all you. | 你的名字… 都没改 |
[15:42] | You are such an ass. | 你真是个混蛋 |
[15:43] | This is exactly why I didn’t want to tell you | 这就是我一开始没告诉你 |
[15:45] | I was taking a class in the first place. | 我在学校上课的原因 |
[15:47] | Please don’t be upset. I… I just… | 拜托 别生气 我… 只是… |
[15:48] | I didn’t want you ending up with a bad grade | 我只是不想让你得很差的分数 |
[15:51] | and get discouraged and give up on the idea | 然后垂头丧气 |
[15:53] | of going back to school. | 放弃重回学校的念头 |
[15:54] | Right, because me being in school | 没错 因为我去上学这事儿 |
[15:56] | is so important to you. | 对你来说很重要 |
[15:57] | That way, you wouldn’t have to be dating someone | 这样你就不用和一个低学历服务员 |
[16:00] | who’s only a waitress. | 约会了 |
[16:01] | Oh, come on, you know that’s not true. | 得了吧 你知道我不是这么想的 |
[16:03] | Do I? Listen to me. | 是吗? 听着 |
[16:04] | I need to do this on my own. | 我要自己完成学业 |
[16:06] | If I fail, I fail. If I pass, I pass. | 挂就挂 过就过 |
[16:08] | Do you get it? | 懂不? |
[16:09] | I’m sorry. I was just trying to help. | 对不起 我就是想帮你 |
[16:10] | Yeah, well, next time don’t. | 下不为例 |
[16:14] | Oh, and since you like stories so much, | 还有 你这么喜欢讲故事 |
[16:16] | This is not “the shoemaker and the elves,” okay? | 这可不是”鞋匠与小矮人” 好不? |
[16:17] | This is, “give a man a fish, he eats it. | 这叫 “授人以鱼” |
[16:20] | “teach a man to fish, he…” | “不如授人…” |
[16:21] | “Sells it or something.” whatever, I don’t know! | “以钱啥的” 我不记得了! |
[16:23] | It’s just a lot better than what you did, you big jerk! | 反正都比你好 混蛋! |
[16:31] | You ever hear back from Hawking? | 霍金回你没? |
[16:34] | No. | 没 |
[16:36] | It would appear as if I’ve lost him. | 好像我失去了他一样 |
[16:38] | Stupid brain. | 笨大脑 |
[16:42] | It’ll be okay. | 没事的 |
[16:43] | How can it be okay? | 怎么是没事呢? |
[16:45] | Stephen Hawking’s a genius | 霍金这么天才 |
[16:46] | and he talks like a robot. | 说起话又像机器人 |
[16:48] | It’s everything I’ve ever wanted in a friend. | 满足了我对朋友的所有条件 |
[16:52] | Yeah, but if he’s a sore loser, | 但如果他这么小气 |
[16:54] | maybe you’re better off without him. | 你还不如不跟他做朋友 |
[16:56] | You’re right. | 说得对 |
[16:58] | I guess I just have to make lemonade out of the two of you. | 我就跟你们俩将就着过吧 |
[17:05] | He played! He played! | 他回了! 他回了! |
[17:07] | Coop and rolling thunder are together again. | 酷哥儿和滚雷又和好了 |
[17:11] | He was okay with that nickname. | 这个昵称他同意 |
[17:14] | So, now all you have to do is let him win. | 那你就让他赢就好了 |
[17:17] | Way ahead of you. | 早想到了 |
[17:18] | I will play the word “at” | 我就回”at” |
[17:21] | for two measly points, throwing the game | 得两分 让他赢 |
[17:24] | and thus securing my friendship | 保卫我和全球最聪明的人 |
[17:25] | with the smartest man in the world. | 这段友谊 |
[17:35] | What are you waiting for? Hit “send.” | 你等什么呢? 快发 |
[17:37] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[17:38] | Losing on purpose is intellectually dishonest. | 故意放水就是欺骗 |
[17:41] | So don’t do it. | 那就别放 |
[17:42] | Oh, but I want to be Hawking’s friend. | 可我想当霍金朋友 |
[17:44] | So do it. | 那就放 |
[17:45] | No, but if I do, I’ll be a phony, | 不行 放水我就变成骗子 |
[17:47] | a sellout, | 出卖灵魂 |
[17:48] | a hollywood poser. | 好莱坞花瓶 |
[17:51] | Then don’t do it. | 那就别放 |
[17:53] | I won’t. | 好 |
[17:55] | This feels right. | 这才是对的 |
[17:56] | My mother always said, “to thine own self be true.” | 我妈常说 “做真实的自己” |
[17:59] | Good for you. | 干得好 |
[18:01] | Of course she also told me that every animal in the world | 不过她也常告诉我地球现存的生物们 |
[18:02] | got on one boat, so what does she know? And send. | 当年都上了诺亚方舟 她懂毛? 发过去了 |
[18:11] | Oh, hey. | 嘿 |
[18:13] | Haven’t heard from you in a couple days. | 你几天没跟我联系了 |
[18:14] | You still mad at me? | 还生我气吗? |
[18:15] | Nope. | 不生了 |
[18:16] | I have no reason to… | 我没理由去… |
[18:18] | “B” mad at you. | “B”我生气 |
[18:21] | Minus. | 减 |
[18:25] | Wow. | 哇 |
[18:26] | That’s right. On my paper. | 看看 我的论文 |
[18:27] | Not yours, mine, you punk-ass elf. | 不是你的 是我的 混蛋小矮人 |
[18:32] | I don’t know what to say. | 我都不知道说啥了 |
[18:34] | Hmm, how about, | 要不说 |
[18:35] | “gee, Penny, you’re smarter than I thought.” | “天 Penny 你比我想的要聪明” |
[18:38] | “you may be the one in school,” | “你回去上课” |
[18:40] | “but I’m the one who learned a lesson.” | “但被上了一课的却是我呢” |
[18:42] | “I’m so stupid, Penny. Duh…” | “我太笨了 Penny 嗒…” |
[18:51] | She sounds exactly like you! | 她学得超像你! |
[18:56] | How’d it go with Leonard? | 和Leonard谈得怎么样? |
[18:58] | I don’t think he’ll be making that mistake again. | 他再也不敢了 |
[19:01] | Good. | 好 |
[19:02] | So, | 那 |
[19:03] | I know this goes without saying, | 我估计你们都懂的 |
[19:04] | but if either of you tell Leonard | 你们谁敢告诉Leonard |
[19:05] | you helped me rewrite this paper, | 你们帮我改了论文 |
[19:07] | I will beat you both with a bag of oranges. | 我就抡起一袋橘子砸死你们 |
[19:10] | – Got it. – Understood. | – 明白 – 明白 |
[19:12] | Now, ladies, we got a B-minus on this paper. | 姐们 咱这篇论文得了B减 |
[19:14] | I think if we put our heads together, | 咱们三个臭皮匠 |
[19:16] | on the next one we could get an “A.” | 下次估计能顶个”A” |
[19:18] | Uh, but we got you a B-minus on purpose to make it believable. | 不过我们是故意写成B减的啊 要不太假了 |
[19:21] | Believable? | 假? |
[19:24] | You saying I’m not smart? | 你是说我笨吗? |
[19:25] | No, no! You’re smart. | 不不! 你聪明 |
[19:28] | That’s better. | 这还不错 |
[19:32] | I feel like I’m in high school again. | 好像回到了高中 |
[19:34] | Yeah, doing the prom queen’s homework so she’ll like us. | 给女神写作业让她喜欢咱 |
[19:38] | I know. | 对啊 |
[19:41] | It’s finally working. | 总算有用了 |
[19:57] | It’s Stephen Hawking. | 霍金来电了 |
[19:58] | Answer it. | 接啊 |
[20:00] | I want to hear. | 开功放 |
[20:03] | Professor Hawking, | 霍金教授 |
[20:05] | how nice of you to call. | 您能打来我很荣幸 |
[20:06] | Hello. | 哈喽 |
[20:07] | I really enjoyed our game, Dr. Cooper. | 我喜欢跟你玩游戏 Cooper博士 |
[20:10] | Oh, | 喔 |
[20:11] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[20:13] | Or should I say dr. Loser? | 不过是不是该叫你卢瑟博士? |
[20:19] | Ha, ha, ha. | 哈 哈 哈 |
[20:22] | Yes, | 嗯 |
[20:24] | Congratulations. | 恭喜您 |
[20:25] | You won fair and square. | 您赢得正大光明 |
[20:27] | Uh, very impressive, sir. | 很棒 先生 |
[20:29] | Do you like brain teasers? | 你喜欢脑筋急转弯吗? |
[20:31] | Oh, I love brain teasers. | 我爱死了 |
[20:34] | What does Sheldon Cooper | Sheldon Cooper和 |
[20:36] | and a black hole have in common? | 黑洞有什么共同点? |
[20:40] | They both suck. | 都不给力(歧义:吸) |
[20:48] | Neener neener. | 乖啦 乖啦 |