时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Hey, Bernie. | 妮妮 |
[00:03] | Hey, how’s my little astronautie hottie? | 我的性感小太空人还好吗 |
[00:07] | Okay, I guess. | 还行吧 |
[00:08] | It’s just, being cooped up in this… | 只是被困在这… |
[00:11] | tin can for weeks on end is starting to get to me. | “锡盒”里有段时日 快受不了 |
[00:13] | Well, hang in there. You just have a couple more days to go, | 坚持下去啊 再多撑几天 |
[00:15] | – and then you’ll be home. – I know. | -就能回家了 -我知道 |
[00:18] | I got to get back to work. | 我要继续工作了 |
[00:19] | – I love you. – Love you too. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[00:21] | Hey, Bernie? | 妮妮 |
[00:22] | Before you go, can you do something for me? | 你走之前可以帮我做件事吗 |
[00:27] | What do you want me to do? | 你想我做什么呢 |
[00:28] | Okay, here it is. | 是这样的 |
[00:31] | I really miss gravity. | 我好想念地心引力 |
[00:34] | Can you drop something so I can watch it fall? | 你可以让我看看东西垂直落下的样子吗 |
[00:41] | Really, you’re serious? | 真的吗 你真想看啊 |
[00:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:50] | Oh, baby, you’re killing me. | 哎哟 宝贝 我要爽死了 |
[00:57] | Hey, Sheldon? | 谢尔顿 |
[00:58] | This came for you today. It’s from your mom. | 今天来了一个你的包裹 你妈寄的 |
[01:02] | Thank you, Penny. | 谢谢你 佩妮 |
[01:03] | Yeah, wait… here. | 稍等… 给 |
[01:08] | For your troubles. | 你的辛苦费 |
[01:11] | Oh, boy, a whole dollar. | 妈呀 整整一元大洋呢 |
[01:13] | Now, I can quit my paper route. | 我可以不用去送报了 |
[01:16] | – So, what’s in it? – Mmm, doesn’t matter. | -里面是什么啊 -根本无所谓 |
[01:18] | Half the time, he just ends up playing with the box. | 通常他都是隔着盒子玩[模型玩具]而已 |
[01:22] | Yeah, it’s journals and research papers I wrote as a child. | 是我小时候写的日志与研究报告啦 |
[01:25] | Aw, how cute. | 真有爱 |
[01:27] | Is this like a diary? | 这就跟日记一样吗 |
[01:29] | No, that’s my potty training journal. | 不是 那是我的如厕训练日志 |
[01:32] | – Really, your potty training journal? – Yeah. | -不是吧 你的如厕训练日志啊 -是的 |
[01:35] | And forgive my crude penmanship. | 字迹难看 多多包涵 |
[01:37] | I didn’t start typing until I was six. | 我六岁之后才开始打字 |
[01:41] | “August 7, 8:42 A.M. | “8月7号 上午8点42分 |
[01:44] | This is humiliating. What was wrong with diapers?” | 这真是太丢人了 这尿布是怎么回事” |
[01:48] | There are some charts in the back | 后面还有图表 |
[01:50] | where I kept track of shape, color and consistency. | 记录我的屎形 屎色与软硬度 |
[01:55] | Disgusting. | 真恶心 |
[01:57] | No, what’s disgusting is he’s still keeping track. | 真正恶心的是他到现在都还会做记录 |
[02:02] | – Why do you need all this stuff…? – No, no, no, no… | -你为什么要这些玩意啊 -别别别 |
[02:04] | – Sorry! – I am glad you asked. | -抱歉 -问得好 |
[02:06] | Yeah, are you familiar with the Higgs boson? | 你知道希格斯玻色子吗 |
[02:09] | Of course, it is… it’s been in the news. | 当然知道啊 新闻上都有 |
[02:13] | And it’s a very famous boson. | 超出名的玻色子 |
[02:17] | Nice try. | 你少来了 |
[02:18] | Now, in 1964, Dr. Peter Higgs, | 在1964年时 彼得·希格斯博士 |
[02:21] | accomplished self-promoter and physicist, | 一个成功自信的物理学家 |
[02:23] | he wrote a paper postulating the existence | 写了文章假定一种亚原子粒子 |
[02:26] | of a subatomic particle called the Higgs boson. | “希格斯玻色子”的存在 |
[02:28] | Now, initially, the paper was rejected, | 当年 这文章被人给驳回了 |
[02:31] | but recently, he was proven right. | 知道最近 才验证出 其实他是对的 |
[02:33] | And now he’s on the fast track to win a Nobel prize. | 现在他要得诺贝尔奖 简直探囊取物 |
[02:37] | Yeah, that’s basically what I said. | 这不就是我刚说的吗 |
[02:41] | The point is | 重点是 |
[02:42] | Higgs is being celebrated for work he did 50 years ago, | 希格斯正被人赞赏着他50年前的发现 |
[02:46] | so that got me thinking, | 这让我不禁思考 |
[02:47] | perhaps I’ve already hit upon the idea | 说不定我早想到了值得得奖的东西 |
[02:49] | that will win me my Nobel prize. | 而它们就藏在这些日志里 |
[02:52] | I didn’t know they gave Nobel prizes | 原来他们会颁发奖项给 |
[02:53] | for making boom-boom in the potty. | 拉粑粑进小马桶呀 |
[02:58] | You really think there’s some kind of scientific discovery in here? | 你真的觉得里面能找出什么科学发现吗 |
[03:01] | Well, this box only covers my work through nursery school. | 这箱子里只有我上幼儿园前的作品 |
[03:04] | There’s a good deal more to come. | 后面还有很多呢 |
[03:05] | I didn’t really hit my academic stride | 我真正在学术理论上取得进步 |
[03:08] | until I cut out that time-suck known as “playing outdoors.” | 是在我取消了浪费时间的”户外游玩”之后 |
[03:12] | So, you’re going to spend hours and hours | 你打算花费大把时间 |
[03:14] | combing through all this stuff? | 重读这些玩意啊 |
[03:16] | That’s a good point. | 这话说得对 |
[03:17] | My time is much too valuable. | 我的时间太宝贵了 |
[03:19] | You know, perhaps I should find someone to do it for me. | 或许我该找个人帮我干这事 |
[03:21] | You know, someone with a rudimentary understanding of science, | 找个有着基本科学知识 |
[03:24] | but whose real talents lie in menial labor. | 但在苦力活上更有天分的人 |
[03:32] | Not gonna happen. | 想都别想 |
[03:34] | Yeah, well, if I didn’t think you could handle it, | 我要不是觉得你能行 |
[03:36] | I wouldn’t be asking. | 我才不会问你呢 |
[03:39] | If you want help, just hire a grad student. | 真要人帮忙 你还是去找个研究生吧 |
[03:41] | Maybe I could do it. | 我说不定能帮上忙啊 |
[03:42] | You, really? | 就你 真的吗 |
[03:45] | You can assess the quality of my work? | 你会懂得评估我作品的好坏吗 |
[03:47] | Okay, um, here. | 好吧 给 |
[03:49] | I wrote this when I was five years old. | 这是我五岁时写的 |
[03:52] | “A proof that algebraic topology can never have | “证明代数拓扑永远不会有 |
[03:55] | a non-self contradictory set of abelian groups.” | 不会自我冲突的交换群” |
[04:03] | I’m just a blonde monkey to you, aren’t I? | 在你眼里 我就是一金发猴子是吧 |
[04:10] | You said it, not me. | 这可是自己说 我什么都没说 |
[04:41] | All right, Ms. Jenson. | 好的 詹森女士 |
[04:44] | Uh, before we begin, may I offer you a refreshment? | 开始之前 需要来点东西提神吗 |
[04:47] | Water, coffee, tea, | 水 咖啡 茶 |
[04:49] | a marijuana cigarette? | 或来根大麻烟吗 |
[04:53] | No, thanks. I’m fine. | 不用了 谢谢 不需要 |
[04:54] | Now, are you sure? | 不用客气哦 |
[04:55] | Everyone’s smoking them. | 这玩意大家都抽 |
[04:59] | I think they’re the best. | 我觉得这玩意爽爆了 |
[05:01] | I don’t do drugs. | 我不碰毒 |
[05:02] | Excellent, yeah. | 太棒了 |
[05:04] | That was a ruse. | 刚是陷阱题 |
[05:05] | They’re not the best. | 那玩意才不爽 |
[05:07] | Physics is the best. | 物理才是最爽的 |
[05:09] | And by the way, coffee was also an unacceptable choice. | 随便说句 选咖啡也是不行的哦 |
[05:12] | All right, so I see here you’re from Des Moines, Iowa. | 好了 资料上写着你来自爱荷华州的得梅因 |
[05:16] | Uh, you’re summa cum laude in theoretical physics | 你的理论物理学以最优异的成绩 |
[05:19] | from Stanford University. | 毕业于斯坦福大学 |
[05:20] | Oh, and two years ago, you had a persistent ear infection. | 两年前 你耳朵受持续性感染所苦 |
[05:25] | I hope that didn’t cause any hearing loss. | 希望那没影响你的听力 |
[05:27] | No, of course not. | 没有 当然没有 |
[05:29] | How did you know about that? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[05:31] | I did a comprehensive background check. | 我对你的背景做了全面的调查 |
[05:33] | Medical records, credit reports, criminal history. | 医疗记录 信用记录 犯罪史等等 |
[05:37] | I trust you paid off those parking tickets. | 我相信你已经缴清了那些停车罚单了吧 |
[05:40] | Yes, I did. | 是的 我付清了 |
[05:42] | Hearing unimpaired, good. | 很好 听力没问题 |
[05:45] | Look, Dr. Cooper, I really want this position. | 库珀博士 我真的很希望能得到这个机会 |
[05:47] | It would be an incredible honor to work for | 能为您这样才华洋溢的人做事 |
[05:50] | a man of your brilliance. | 真是我天大的荣幸 |
[05:51] | Flattery will not get you this job, Ms. Jenson. | 溜须拍马是没用的 詹森女士 |
[05:55] | It’s not flattery if it’s the truth. | 陈述的是事实 又何来逢迎拍马 |
[05:59] | Well, thank you. Welcome aboard. | 谢谢 欢迎加入 |
[06:03] | You talk to Howard lately? | 你最近有跟霍华德通话吗 |
[06:04] | Uh, yeah, last night. | 有啊 就昨晚 |
[06:06] | He kept making me drop pencils for him. | 他一直让我把铅笔从空中落下给他看 |
[06:11] | I got uncomfortable. | 感觉好不舒服哦 |
[06:13] | Hey, Sheldon, hope you’re hungry. | 谢尔顿 但愿你饿了 |
[06:15] | They’re serving macaroni and… | 今天中饭有通心粉和… |
[06:16] | cheese. | 芝士哟 |
[06:22] | Smooth. | 厉害 |
[06:26] | – Hi. – Hello. | -你好 -你们好 |
[06:27] | Sheldon, aren’t you going to introduce us? | 谢尔顿 你不介绍一下吗 |
[06:29] | No. I have people for that now. | 不必 有人会为我代劳 |
[06:31] | You’re up. | 你来 |
[06:33] | I’m Alex, Dr. Cooper’s new assistant. | 我是艾利克斯 库珀博士的新助手 |
[06:35] | Ah, congratulations and may God have mercy on your soul. | 恭喜你 同时也愿上帝怜悯你的灵魂 |
[06:39] | I’m Leonard. This is Raj. | 我是莱纳德 这位是拉杰 |
[06:41] | It’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[06:42] | I’m so excited to be working with Dr… | 能与库珀博士共事 我非常兴… |
[06:44] | Yeah, please reserve chitchat for your breaks, Ms. Jenson. | 詹森女士 闲聊请留到休息时间 |
[06:46] | Yeah, FYI, there will be no breaks. | 对了 我们没有休息时间 |
[06:51] | I should probably get to work. | 我得继续工作了 |
[06:56] | She seems nice. | 她看起来不错 |
[06:57] | Hey, you already got a girlfriend. | 喂 你都有女朋友了 |
[06:58] | I call dibs. | 所以这妞归我 |
[07:01] | All I said was, “she seems nice.” | 我就说了一句”她看起来不错” |
[07:02] | Yeah, well, I love her. | 是啊 可我爱上她了 |
[07:12] | Hey, I wasn’t expecting to hear from you today. | 没想到今天你会打给我 |
[07:14] | Everything okay? | 一切还好吗 |
[07:15] | Uh, no, not really. | 不 不是很好 |
[07:20] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[07:21] | Well, remember the… Soyuz capsule | 还记得联盟号宇宙飞船吗 |
[07:23] | they were sending to bring us home? | 那个要来接我们回地球的玩意 |
[07:25] | It’s delayed. | 被推迟了 |
[07:27] | We’re gonna be here at least another week. | 我们至少还要再这里呆上一周 |
[07:28] | Maybe ten days. | 或许10天左右 |
[07:29] | It’s the Russians, so you don’t know. | 俄罗斯人说的 我也不敢信 |
[07:35] | 1957年 俄罗斯把一只狗 “莱卡”给送上太空 五个小时后因宇宙飞行服隔热不佳成为”火烧狗” 目前它的尸体与当年的太空舱还滞留在地球轨道上 | |
[07:35] | They left dogs up here in the ’60s. | 他们送上来的狗 尸体都没回去呢 |
[07:41] | Come on, Howard. | 拜托 霍华德 |
[07:42] | No one’s leaving you up there. | 没人会把你留那里不管的 |
[07:43] | I don’t know how much longer I can take this. | 我不知道我还能坚持多久 |
[07:45] | I can’t sleep, | 我睡不着 |
[07:47] | and zero gravity is giving me crazy acid reflux. | 零重力让我胃酸倒流得厉害 |
[07:51] | I’m down to my last three Tums. | 我的抗酸补钙果味咀嚼片就剩最后3片了 |
[07:55] | You’re going to be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[07:57] | You survived that Weight Watchers cruise with your mom. | 你跟你妈参加减肥训练营 你都生存下来了 |
[08:01] | And they ran out of low-fat ice cream on day two. | 令人开心的冰激凌不也是第二天就没了吗 |
[08:06] | Just calm down and take a few deep breaths. | 你先冷静下来 深呼吸几口气 |
[08:09] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[08:13] | What am I doing? I’m using up all the oxygen. | 我这是干嘛 把氧气都耗光了 |
[08:20] | If I die, promise you’ll never have sex with another man. | 如果我死了 你要保证会为我守身如玉 |
[08:30] | Oh, yeah. | 很好 |
[08:34] | I’m a man-eater now. | 我现在是个食男妇了 |
[08:38] | Okay, for the final touch, this is an eyelash curler. | 好了 最后一步 用这个睫毛夹 |
[08:41] | You just place it on your lashes and squeeze it closed. | 放在你睫毛上 然后贴近眼皮轻轻夹 |
[08:45] | Oh, I don’t know. | 不知道呢 |
[08:47] | 迪士尼动画片《小飞侠》中 小飞侠彼得潘的精灵小伙伴 | |
[08:47] | Looks like something used by Tinker Bell’s gynecologist. | 看起来像仙女小叮当的妇科医生的工具 |
[08:54] | 虎克船长出自迪士尼动画片《小飞侠》 有着铁钩手的凶恶坏人 | |
[08:54] | Who I hope for her sake is not Captain Hook, so… | 但愿她的妇科医生不是虎克船长 |
[09:01] | Who are you calling? | 你打给谁 |
[09:03] | I’m going to video-chat Sheldon. | 我要跟谢尔顿视频聊天 |
[09:05] | If my new look leads to phone sex, | 如果我的新形象激发起他的性欲 |
[09:07] | I’m going to have to ask you to leave the room. | 那你只好暂时离开房间一下咯 |
[09:11] | Dr. Cooper’s office. | 库珀博士办公室 |
[09:12] | Oh, hello. Who are you? | 你好 请问您是哪位 |
[09:14] | I’m Alex, Dr. Cooper’s assistant. | 我是艾利克斯 库珀博士的助手 |
[09:16] | Can I help you? | 有什么可以帮您的吗 |
[09:17] | I’d like to speak to Sheldon. | 我要找谢尔顿 |
[09:19] | I’m sorry. He’s asked me to hold all calls | 抱歉 他让我过滤所有电话 |
[09:21] | unless you’re Stephen Hawking, his mother | 除非打来的人是斯蒂芬·霍金 他妈妈 |
[09:23] | or himself from the future. | 或是来自未来的他自己 |
[09:27] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:28] | – Well, tell him Amy called. – Last name? | -告诉他艾米找他 -请问您贵姓 |
[09:30] | He knows my last name. | 他知道我姓什么 |
[09:31] | I’m his girlfriend. | 我可是他的女朋友 |
[09:33] | We have a contract and everything. | 我们恋爱合同资料全有 |
[09:35] | I’ll send you a PDF. | 我会发你份文件 以兹证明 |
[09:39] | All right, I will tell him you called. | 好的 我会转告他 |
[09:43] | – Hmm, that’s weird. – What? | -好奇怪啊 -怎么了 |
[09:46] | Sheldon told me he had a new assistant named Alex. | 谢尔顿告诉我他新的助理叫艾利克斯 |
[09:49] | He didn’t mention that Alex was a girl. | 却没说是个女艾利克斯 |
[09:51] | Maybe he didn’t notice. | 也许是他没发现人家是女的呢 |
[09:54] | You’re right. | 有道理 |
[09:55] | I don’t have to worry about Sheldon. | 我完全不必担心谢尔顿 |
[09:56] | No, you do not. | 确实 |
[10:01] | It’s her I have to worry about. | 我该担心的是那个女的 |
[10:03] | Oh, Amy, really? | 艾米你不是吧 |
[10:04] | – She is not going to come on to Sheldon. – Oh, really? | -她会爱上谢尔顿的 -怎么可能 |
[10:08] | Look at this face. | 看看这萌脸 |
[10:13] | How can any woman spend eight hours a day | 一个女人每天与这萌脸共处八小时 |
[10:15] | alone with this face and not fall in love with it? | 怎么可能不爱上他呢 |
[10:19] | Well, for starters, | 首先我要说 |
[10:21] | at some point, that face starts talking. | 那脸一开始讲话 就什么都幻灭了 |
[10:32] | Amy, this is crazy. | 艾米 这太夸张了 |
[10:33] | You have nothing to be suspicious about. | 你根本不用怀疑什么 |
[10:35] | I’m not suspicious. | 我不是怀疑 |
[10:36] | I just want to stop in, say hi to my boyfriend | 我只是路过 跟我男朋友打个招呼 |
[10:39] | and meet his new assistant. | 然后见见新助理 |
[10:47] | – Can we go now? – Hang on. | -可以走了吗 -稍等 |
[10:56] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[10:57] | Isn’t it obvious? | 这还不明显吗 |
[10:59] | I’m spreading my scent to mark my territory. | 我在用体味申明领地 |
[11:05] | – Come on, Amy. That is not gonna work. – Really? | -得了吧 没用的 -真的吗 |
[11:07] | Because just before you became my best friend, | 在你成为我闺蜜之前 |
[11:10] | I did this all over your apartment. | 我也对你整间公寓做了同样的事 |
[11:17] | Has your, uh, assistant said anything about me? | 你的助理 有提到过我吗 |
[11:20] | In fact, she has. | 其实还真有 |
[11:22] | Uh, her exact words were, “What is that guy’s problem?” | 她的原话是 “这家伙什么毛病” |
[11:27] | I’m in her head. Let the dance begin. | 她记住我了 好戏开始 |
[11:33] | Here’s your frozen yogurt, Dr. Cooper. | 你的冷冻优格 库珀博士 |
[11:35] | This should be fun. | 这该有意思了 |
[11:36] | Half chocolate, half vanilla, | 一半巧克力 一半香草 |
[11:38] | – side by side, not swirled? – Yes. | -挨着的 没搅在一起吗 -对 |
[11:40] | Half a teaspoon of sprinkles? Rainbow, not chocolate. | -半茶匙碎末 -彩虹的 不是巧克力的 |
[11:42] | – Two cherries? – One on top, one on the bottom. | -两颗樱桃 -一颗在上 一颗在下 |
[11:44] | – Stems removed? – Um… | -茎拿掉么了 -呃 |
[11:46] | top one, yes. | 上边的拿掉了 |
[11:47] | I didn’t check the one on the bottom. | 下面的我没检查 |
[11:52] | I’m so sorry, Dr. Cooper. | 不好意思 库珀博士 |
[11:54] | It’s all right, Alex. | 没事的 艾利克斯 |
[11:55] | I’m not mad at you; I’m just disappointed. | 我并不生气 只是很失望 |
[12:00] | Wait, Alex. Do you want to join us? | 等等 艾利克斯 要跟我们一起吃吗 |
[12:03] | Uh, Alex, a moment. | 艾利克斯 稍等片刻 |
[12:04] | I need a word with Dr. Hofstadter. | 我有些话要跟霍夫斯塔德博士说 |
[12:09] | Do you think it’s appropriate for her to sit with us, | 你觉得她跟我们一起坐合适吗 |
[12:11] | given her station? | 就凭她的身份 |
[12:15] | Given her what? | 凭她的什么 |
[12:16] | If I’ve learned anything from British television shows on PBS, | 要说我从PBS台的英剧里学到什么的话 |
[12:20] | it’s that servants dine downstairs with their own kind. | 那就是仆人和他的同伴们都是坐楼下吃饭的 |
[12:25] | What? | 什么 |
[12:28] | It’s a kindness, Leonard. | 这是种仁慈 莱纳德 |
[12:30] | Otherwise, you’re cruelly tempting them with a glimpse | 不然的话你就是在残酷地引诱他们 |
[12:33] | of a world that’s just beyond their soot-stained fingertips. | 体验一下比满手油烟更高层次的生活 |
[12:37] | Oh, sure. | 那必须 |
[12:39] | Please join us. | 请坐吧 |
[12:40] | Oh, okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[12:43] | So, Alex, what’s the topic of your dissertation? | 艾利克斯 你毕业论文的题目是什么 |
[12:46] | I’m looking for Trojan asteroids | 在地球的L5拉格朗日点 |
[12:47] | at Earth’s L-Five Lagrange point. | 寻找特洛伊小行星 |
[12:49] | Oh, that happens to be | 这正巧是 |
[12:51] | Dr. Koothrappali’s field of expertise. | 库萨帕里博士的专业领域呢 |
[12:53] | You two have a lot to talk about. | 你们有很多东西可以聊 |
[12:58] | Is that true? | 真的吗 |
[13:11] | Is he all right? | 他还好吗 |
[13:12] | No. | 不 |
[13:18] | But compared to your boss, | 但跟你的老板相比 |
[13:19] | he’s the poster boy for sanity. | 他就是精神正常的代表 |
[13:22] | It’s okay, I’ve been around scientists all my life. | 还好啦 我这辈子都在和科学家打交道 |
[13:25] | My dad’s an astronomer at SETI. | 我爸是SETI的天文学家 |
[13:27] | Oh, SETI– the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence. | SETI 寻找外太空星球智慧生命计划 |
[13:30] | You should introduce him to Sheldon. The search is over. | 把谢尔顿介绍给你爸 他就不用搜寻了 |
[13:34] | So, what kind of research are you doing? | 那你是做什么研究的 |
[13:36] | – High-energy lasers. – Ooh. Military? | -高能激光 -军用吗 |
[13:38] | Not yet, but I can remove unwanted hair from two miles away. | 还没呢 但我能从两英里外替人激光除毛 |
[13:44] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[13:44] | I had nothing to worry about. | 我没什么可担心的 |
[13:46] | That skank’s your problem, not mine. | 这骚货是你的问题 不是我的 |
[13:50] | – You’re very funny, Dr. Hofstadter. – Thank you. | -你真幽默 霍夫斯塔德博士 -谢谢 |
[13:53] | Aah! Cherry stem! Cherry stem! | 啊 樱茎 樱茎 |
[13:59] | How you doing, Howie? You feeling a little better? | 华仔你还好吗 感觉好点了吗 |
[14:01] | Oh, a lot better, thanks. One sec. | 好多了 谢谢 等一下 |
[14:07] | Listen close. I don’t have a lot of time. | 听好了 我时间不多 |
[14:11] | I need you to go to my house. | 我要你赶紧去我家 |
[14:12] | In my bedroom, you’ll find a model rocket. | 在我房间里有个火箭模型 |
[14:14] | I want you to take it and bring it back to your place. | 我要你把它带回你家 |
[14:17] | Okay… | 好的 |
[14:18] | Step 2: build a version roughly 14 stories high. | 第二步 照着建一个14层楼高的版本 |
[14:23] | Fill it full of rocket fuel and come get me. | 装满火箭燃油来接我 |
[14:25] | I’ll leave the door unlocked. | 我会给你把门留着的 |
[14:30] | Howie, honey, maybe you should talk to someone, | 华仔 亲爱的 也许你该跟别人谈谈 |
[14:32] | let them know you’re having a little anxiety. | 让他们知道你有些焦虑 |
[14:34] | No, no, I’m fine. | 不 不 我很好 |
[14:36] | No anxiety! | 没有焦虑症 |
[14:38] | We should probably talk in code. | 咱们还是用暗号交流吧 |
[14:41] | From now on, “Frog” is me, “Sandwich” means you | 从现在起 小蛙是我 三明治是你 |
[14:43] | and “Lemon” means rocket. So, come on, sandwich, | 柠檬是火箭 快点 三明治 |
[14:46] | build me a lemon ’cause froggy wants to come home! | 给我造架柠檬 小蛙要回家 |
[14:54] | Look at you, putting on a brave face. | 瞧你 还假装坚强 |
[14:59] | There’s nothing to be brave about. | 没什么好需要坚强的 |
[15:01] | – Everything’s fine. – Really? | -我没事 -真的吗 |
[15:04] | I don’t know how much you know about primate behavior, | 我不知道你对灵长类动物行为知道多少 |
[15:06] | but Sheldon’s assistant was clearly courting Leonard. | 不过谢尔顿的助理绝对在向莱纳德求欢 |
[15:09] | Were she a mandrill, she would have bent over | 如果她是狒狒 肯定会弯下身 |
[15:11] | and displayed her brightly colored hindquarters | 展示她那看似大红色蹭鞋垫的 |
[15:13] | like a big red welcome mat. | 鲜亮斑斓后臀 |
[15:18] | By the way, you try that at the junior prom, | 顺便说下 如果在低年级毕业舞会上试这招 |
[15:19] | you get kicked out. | 会被踢出去的 |
[15:23] | Okay, maybe she was flirting with him, but who cares? | 好吧 也许她是在和他调情 可谁在乎啊 |
[15:26] | Look, I don’t even know where my relationship is with Leonard is right now. | 我都不知道我现在和莱纳德的关系算什么 |
[15:29] | So says your prefrontal cortex. | 这是你的前额叶在说话 |
[15:31] | But meanwhile, the limbic system of your brain is calculating | 但同时 你大脑中的边缘系统在计算 |
[15:34] | that if another woman is attracted to Leonard, | 如果有另一个女人对莱纳德有兴趣 |
[15:36] | it must be because he’s desirable. | 那肯定是因为他值得拥有 |
[15:38] | Well, of course he’s desirable. | 他当然值得拥有了 |
[15:40] | I mean, he’s great. | 他棒极了 |
[15:42] | He’s smart, he’s sweet, | 他聪明 温柔 |
[15:44] | and, ooh, in the bedroom, whew, | 而且在房事上 老天 |
[15:45] | let me tell you, he really tries. | 我告诉你 他真是拼了老命了 |
[15:51] | So it doesbother you. | 所以这事让你烦心 |
[15:53] | Fine, it bothers me a little. | 好吧 是让我有点烦 |
[15:56] | No. You know what? This is stupid. | 算了 这太傻了 |
[15:57] | It doesn’t bother me. | 我才不烦呢 |
[16:00] | Okay, it bothers me. | 好吧 我很烦 |
[16:03] | But only because she wouldn’t stop laughing. | 但只是因为她很捧场他的笑话 |
[16:04] | Leonard is not that funny. | 莱纳德没那么幽默搞笑 |
[16:08] | And there you have it; | 这就是了 |
[16:10] | prefrontal cortex reasoning versus limbic lust. | 前额叶理性对抗边缘系统的欲望 |
[16:13] | If this were a boxing match, they might call it | 如果这是拳击赛 就会叫做 |
[16:15] | “The thrilla adjacent to the amygdala.” | “扁桃体的震颤” |
[16:21] | If you were a brain scientist, | 如果你是脑部学家 |
[16:23] | you would be busting a gut right now! | 你现在肯定会笑到尿裤子 |
[16:29] | So, how was work today? | 今天工作怎么样 |
[16:31] | Ah, it was all right, I guess. | 还行吧 |
[16:32] | Got to Heimlich a cherry stem out of Sheldon. | 用海氏急救法拯救樱桃梗卡气管的谢尔顿 |
[16:37] | Caught Raj right in the eye. | 结果那梗还喷到拉杰的眼睛 |
[16:40] | You’re kidding. | 真的假的 |
[16:41] | No, Raj had to go to the nurse. | 拉杰都得去医疗室了 |
[16:43] | Wow. Anything else? | 还有什么事吗 |
[16:46] | Mmm, the nurse is a woman, so he couldn’t talk to her. | 护士是个女的 所以他没法开口说话 |
[16:50] | She had to bring him a Grover puppet | 她不得不给他拿个芝麻街里的公仔 |
[16:52] | so he could point at what hurt. | 让他指出他哪里疼 |
[16:58] | Is that it? | 就这些吗 |
[17:00] | Isn’t that enough? | 这还不够精彩吗 |
[17:02] | It had the weaponized fruit and a puppet. | 有武器化的水果与公仔 |
[17:04] | What more do you want? | 你还想听什么刺激的 |
[17:06] | Oh, good, Leonard, you’re here. | 太好了 莱纳德 你在家 |
[17:08] | Science news. | 科学新闻 |
[17:09] | This will interest you. | 你会有兴趣的 |
[17:10] | And, Penny, feel free to paint your nails. | 佩妮 想涂指甲请随意 |
[17:14] | What do you got? | 有什么新鲜事 |
[17:16] | I believe Alex may have unearthed | 我相信艾利克斯发现了 |
[17:18] | the grade school science project | 我的小学科研项目 |
[17:19] | that could be my ticket to the Nobel Prize. | 也许就是我赢得诺贝尔大奖的机会 |
[17:22] | Behold. | 请看 |
[17:23] | “Magnet What Do They Stick To?” | 磁铁 它们吸的是什么 |
[17:28] | If the answer is “Metal,” It’s not exactly groundbreaking. | 如果答案是金属 那可能不够开创性 |
[17:31] | The original title was “A Rederivation | 原来的名字是 “再推导 |
[17:34] | of Maxwell’s Equations Regarding Electromagnetism.” | 马克斯韦尔的电磁学方程式” |
[17:37] | I dumbed it down | 我弃用了那个名字 |
[17:38] | because some of the more religious people in town | 因为当时我家乡有些信教的人 |
[17:40] | were starting to say I was a witch. | 开始说我是个巫婆 |
[17:44] | Sheldon thinks the approach in this paper might change the way | 谢尔顿认为这篇论文里的算法可能会改变 |
[17:46] | we calculate ferromagnetic hysteresis. | 我们计算磁滞的方法 |
[17:48] | Oh, it’s about time. I hated the old way. | 也是时候了 我讨厌以前的算法 |
[17:52] | – Hi. I’m Penny. – Alex. | -你好 我是佩妮 -我叫艾利克斯 |
[17:54] | Uh, do you work with Dr. Hofstadter? | 你与霍夫斯塔德博士共事吗 |
[17:56] | In a way. | 在某些方面 |
[18:00] | We’ve kind of been involved in a five-year experiment. | 我们之间有五年长的一系列实验关系 |
[18:04] | Oh. Well, you’re lucky. He seems very talented. | 你真幸运 他非常有才华 |
[18:07] | And I’m sure a lot of people want to work with him. | 我肯定很多人想与他共事 |
[18:09] | Well, a lot of people can’t. | 很多人没份儿 |
[18:13] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[18:15] | Where are we going? | 去哪里 |
[18:16] | My limbic system wants to take your pants off. | 我的边缘系统想脱掉你的裤子 |
[18:22] | She seems nice. | 她人挺好的 |
[18:24] | Notice people on your own time. We’re working. | 用你自己的时间观察他人 我们正工作呢 |
[18:36] | Hey, Howie, how you feeling? | 华仔 感觉还好吗 |
[18:38] | Better. Much better. | 好些了 好多了 |
[18:40] | The other astronauts held me down, | 其他的宇航员按住我 |
[18:43] | gave me a shot. | 给我来了一针 |
[18:54] | Attention, people of Earth: | 注意 地球人 |
[18:57] | Tonight, there will be two moons in the sky. | 今晚 夜空上会有两个月亮 |
[19:04] | Howie, stop that. | 华仔 别这样 |
[19:06] | NASA’s watching this! | 太空署看着呢 |
[19:08] | Put your pants back on! | 把裤子穿上 |