时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Gentlemen,I think I’ve come up with a fun way to get young people interested in science. | 先生们 我想到了如何 让年轻人对科学感兴趣 |
[00:09] | Physics Mad-Libs. | 疯狂物理填词 |
[00:13] | – Now,give me a number. – Five. | -现在 说一个数 -五 |
[00:17] | And an irrational constant. – “E.” | -再说个无理常数 -“e”[自然对数] |
[00:20] | – And a funny Greek letter. – Gamma. | -再说个好笑的希腊字母 -γ |
[00:24] | I said funny. | 我说是好笑的 |
[00:27] | – Upsilon? – Good one. | -υ -不错 |
[00:29] | And an electrical charge. | 然后是电荷 |
[00:32] | Positive. | 正电荷 |
[00:33] | Perfect. | 太棒了 |
[00:35] | Okay. Get this. | 好了 听听这个 |
[00:37] | Professor Jones told the symposium he had a new method “for calculating the mass of a muon | 琼斯教授在研讨会上说 他找到了计算μ介子质量的新方法 |
[00:44] | Five times the limit of ‘E’ to the upsilon as…” | 五乘以”当…时 e的υ次方的极限” |
[00:52] | Okay.No,no. I’ll start over. | 等会等会 我重讲 |
[00:55] | “Professor…” | “琼斯教授…” |
[01:00] | I haven’t seen him laugh that hard since the day Leonard made that multiplication error. | 自从上次莱纳德把乘法算错 我就没见他这么笑过 |
[01:04] | Oh,Oh,Lord,that multiplication error! | 天哪 算错乘法 |
[01:07] | He thought he carried the one.But he didn’t. | 他以为他进了位 但他没有 |
[01:12] | It’s not funny.That mistake got published. | 一点都不好笑好吧 那错误还发表了呢 |
[01:14] | Stop!I’m going to wet myself! | 别说了 我眼泪都要出来了 |
[01:17] | Hey,guys,guys,President Siebert is headed this way. | 两位两位 西伯特校长过来了 |
[01:20] | I wonder what he wants. | 他要干吗 |
[01:21] | Doesn’t look happy,so I’m guessing he wants to talk to Sheldon. | 看起来不太高兴啊 我猜他是来找谢尔顿的 |
[01:24] | – Dr. Cooper? – Told ya. | -库帕博士 -说了吧 |
[01:26] | Oh,President Siebert,I assume you’d like to respond to one of the suggestions | 西伯特校长 我猜你是来反馈我的意见的吧 |
[01:30] | I put in the box by your office. | 就是我放在你办公室旁 箱子里那些 |
[01:32] | No,and stop installing suggestion boxes everywhere. | 不是 你也不要再到处安意见箱了 |
[01:36] | You don’t like written suggestions. | 你不喜欢手写的意见 |
[01:38] | You don’t like when I give them to you while we’re urinating in the men’s room. | 你也不喜欢我们在小便时 我给你提意见 |
[01:41] | If I didn’t know you any better, | 要不是我了解你 |
[01:43] | I’d say that you’re one of those stubborn people who are not open to suggestions. | 我就会以为 你是那种迂腐的老顽固 |
[01:47] | Dr. Cooper,the physics department chair tells me you’re refusing to take your vacation. | 库帕博士 物理学院院长 跟我说你拒绝休假 |
[01:51] | I don’t need a vacation. | 我不需要假期 |
[01:52] | You’re obligated to take one. | 但你有义务休假 |
[01:54] | And I’d also like you to know the most-often received suggestion in my suggestion box you installed without asking me | 我还想告诉你 你私自装的意见箱 收到的最多意见是 |
[01:59] | is “Can Dr.Cooper take a vacation?” | 库帕博士能去休个假吗 |
[02:03] | Okay,settled,then. | 好了 说完了 |
[02:04] | I’ll see y’all of you Monday,except for you. | 那我们周一见咯 除了你 |
[02:07] | But if I don’t come into work,what am I supposed to do with myself? | 但是我不来工作 我能干吗 |
[02:09] | Read,rest,travel. | 读书 休息 旅行 |
[02:12] | I hear Afghanistan is nice this time of year. | 听说这会儿阿富汗挺不错的 |
[02:16] | Sarcasm? | 讽刺 |
[02:18] | No.You should go. | 不 你真该去 |
[02:22] | hankr.taobao.com | 全民影视屋 |
[02:49] | *That tonight’s gonna be a good night * | *今晚一定很棒* |
[02:52] | *And tonight’s gonna be a good night * | *今晚一定很棒* |
[02:56] | *And tonight’s gonna be a good,good night * | *今晚一定会很棒很棒* |
[03:00] | *Tonight’s the night,uh,uh * | *今晚 今晚* |
[03:03] | *Let’s live it up,uh * | *让我们来狂欢* |
[03:04] | *I got my money,let’s spend it up… * | *我带上钱 咱们都花掉…* |
[03:08] | Good Lord! | 上帝啊 |
[03:10] | Would you stop that caterwauling! | 你能别学猫叫春吗 |
[03:15] | What the hell are you doing?! | 你这是想干吗 |
[03:16] | Bleeding from my ears. | 我耳朵都要流血了 |
[03:19] | What are you doing hiding back there? | 你干吗躲在后面 |
[03:21] | I’m sneaking into work. | 我要溜去工作 |
[03:22] | Now,if the guard at the university asks what’s under the blanket, | 听着 要是学校的保安问 毯子下面是什么 |
[03:26] | you tell him it’s some lobster traps. | 你就说是捕虾器 |
[03:29] | Lobster traps? | 捕虾器 |
[03:30] | Yes. That’s how Velma and Scooby smuggled Shaggy into the old lighthouse. | 对 维尔玛和史酷比 就是这么把沙格带进旧灯塔的 |
[03:36] | What are you going to do when you get to the university? | 那你到了学校怎么办 |
[03:38] | People are going to recognize you. | 别人会认出你的 |
[03:41] | Will they,Leonard? | 会吗 莱纳德 |
[03:48] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[03:49] | Just get back under your blanket,and I’ll drive you there. | 好好躲在毯子下面吧 我带你过去 |
[03:53] | And no more singing. | 别再唱了 |
[03:57] | Fine. | 好 |
[04:02] | I have GPS on my phone. I know you turned around. | 我手机里有GPS的 我知道你调头了 |
[04:08] | I’m so glad you talked Howard out of having your wedding invitations in Klingon. | 真开心你能说服霍华德 别用克林贡语写请柬 |
[04:15] | Turn it over. | 翻面看下 |
[04:18] | I’m hoping my relatives think it’s Hebrew. | 希望我亲戚能把它当成希伯来语[犹太人语言] |
[04:23] | This is really happening. | 梦想成真了 |
[04:25] | I’m gonna be a maid of honor. | 我要当首席伴娘了 |
[04:27] | I’m gonna wear a beautiful dress and walk down that aisle and, | 我会穿着美美的裙子 走过过道 |
[04:30] | finally,I will have my special day. | 我的人生大事终将来临 |
[04:34] | You mean my special day? | 你是说我的人生大事吧 |
[04:36] | They’re gonna need an extra large veil for somebody’s head. | 看来得为某人准备特大号的头纱了 |
[04:41] | If I ever actually ever get married. | 那也得真能结成才行啊 |
[04:43] | Why wouldn’t you? | 难道不是吗 |
[04:44] | My dad… | 我爸… |
[04:45] | ‘Cause I make a lot more money than Howie, | 因为我赚的比豪伊多 |
[04:47] | he’s putting a lot of pressure on me to get a prenup. | 他一直叫我搞什么婚前协议 |
[04:50] | Ouch. | 真伤人 |
[04:51] | Yeah.Howie’s gonna freak out. | 是啊 豪伊肯定会崩溃的 |
[04:53] | Parental pressure can be daunting. | 父母的压力确实挺烦人的 |
[04:55] | I remember the battle with my mother about shaving my legs. | 我现在还记得 我跟我妈为了刮腿毛冷战 |
[05:00] | Last year,I finally gave in and let her do it. | 去年 我终于妥协让她刮了 |
[05:05] | I just don’t know how I’m gonna break it to him. | 我不知道要怎么跟他开口 |
[05:07] | You know,I’m a big believer in breaking bad news to a guy when you’re in bed with him. | 我坚信在床上告诉男人坏消息 最好不过了 |
[05:10] | That’s how I told my high school boyfriend I slept with his brother. | 我就是这么告诉我高中男朋友 我跟他兄弟上床的事 |
[05:15] | That’s how I told his brother the same thing. | 我也是这么告诉他兄弟的 |
[05:19] | I don’t know,I don’t want to manipulate him with sex. | 我不想用性来控制他 |
[05:22] | Oh,sweetie,that’s what sex is for. | 亲爱的 这才是性的意义所在 |
[05:25] | You know,the connection between marriage and money is nothing new. | 婚姻和金钱之间的联系由来已久 |
[05:28] | In fact,the term “wed” referred to the money and livestock that the groom paid the bride’s father. | 事实上 “娶”这个词就代表 新郎给新娘父亲的钱和牲口 |
[05:33] | For example,you’re adorable,intelligent and a good earner. | 举个例子 你可爱 聪明 而且会赚钱 |
[05:36] | I could conservatively see you going for at least two oxen and a goose. | 保守估计你值两头牛加一只鹅 |
[05:42] | You would fetch a unicorn. | 你 要用独角兽来换 |
[05:48] | Sheldon,there are a million great vacations you could take. | 谢尔顿 多的是度假胜地 |
[05:51] | What about Hawaii? | 夏威夷怎么样 |
[05:53] | Hawaii is a former leper colony on top of an active volcano | 夏威夷曾是麻风病人隔离区 且位于活火山顶 |
[05:57] | where the disappointing ending to Lost was filmed. | “迷失”的垃圾结局也是在那拍的 |
[06:03] | Mahalo for nothing,Hawaii. | 真是一无是处啊 夏威夷 |
[06:06] | How about Florida? | 佛罗里达怎么样 |
[06:08] | They got Cape Canaveral,they got Disney,they got my Aunt Ida | 那有卡纳维拉尔角 迪斯尼世界 我Ida阿姨也住那 |
[06:11] | the world’s largest collection of diabetic candy. | 她家有世界上最多的糖尿病人用糖 |
[06:13] | Plus,if you get sweaty enough,her plastic-covered furniture is like a flume ride. | 还有 如果你流很多汗的话 她家包塑料膜的家具就成水上乐园了 |
[06:19] | My family took a trip to Florida when I was a child. | 小时候 我全家人去了一趟佛罗里达 |
[06:22] | A seagull stole a hot dog from me on the beach. | 在海滩上 一只海鸥偷了我的热狗 |
[06:27] | I got the message. | 我懂你的意思了 |
[06:29] | You know,if I had a week off,I’d go back to the Two Bunch Palms Resort and Spa in the desert. | 如果有一礼拜假的话 我就会去沙漠棕榈度假村 |
[06:34] | I tell you,an hour on the massage table with Trevor, | 告诉你 特里沃给你按摩一小时 |
[06:37] | and you’ll feel like you were born without bones. | 你就好像生来没骨头一样 |
[06:41] | I don’t think I could ever let a guy give me a massage. | 我才不想让男人按摩我呢 |
[06:44] | Really? | 真的 |
[06:45] | What was I doing to your neck last night while you were playing X-Box? | 那昨晚你玩X-Box时 我给你脖子做的是什么 |
[06:50] | It’s like I’m living in a dictatorship. | 我就像身在专政国家一样 |
[06:52] | “You must take a vacation,you must have fun,you must enjoy life.” | “你必须休假 必须玩得开心 必须享受生活” |
[06:57] | I don’t think you have a good handle on dictatorships. | 你貌似不太理解专政的意思 |
[07:01] | Sheldon,everybody takes vacations. | 谢尔顿 所有人都休假 |
[07:03] | One time they tried to make Richard Feynman take a vacation, | 有一次他们让查理·费曼休假[诺贝尔物理学奖得主] |
[07:06] | but he chose instead to expand his mind and learn something new. | 但他却选择了去开拓思维 扩展学识 |
[07:10] | He went to work in his friend’s biology lab. | 到朋友的生物实验室工作 |
[07:12] | Richard Feynman was a famous American physicist,part of the Manhattan Project. | 查理·费曼是著名的美国物理学家 “曼哈顿工程”参与者 |
[07:18] | Everyone in the world of science knows who Richard Feynman was. | 科学界的人都认识他吧 |
[07:21] | Now you do,too. | 现在你也知道了 |
[07:26] | I have a brilliant idea. | 我有个不错的点子 |
[07:28] | Amy’s a biologist. | 艾米是生物学家 |
[07:30] | I’ll go work in her lab. | 我可以去她的实验室工作 |
[07:31] | Isn’t that just Feynman’s idea? | 那不是Feynman的点子吗 |
[07:34] | Ten seconds ago,you never heard of him.Now you’re an expert. | 10秒钟前 你都没听过他 现在倒成专家了 |
[07:41] | Hey,you. | 嘿 |
[07:43] | Is that your laundry?You only have,like,six things in there. | 你要洗的衣服 只有五六件啊 |
[07:45] | Yeah,I didn’t have any quarters,so I’ve been sneaking stuff into other people’s loads all day. | 是啊 我没硬币了 所以就偷偷把衣服塞进别人的框里 |
[07:50] | Hey,if I tell you something,will you promise not to tell anybody? | 嘿 跟你说个事 你能保密吗 |
[07:53] | It doesn’t matter what I say,you’re gonna tell me anyway. | 无所谓吧 反正你都会告诉我 |
[07:55] | What?That is not true. | 什么 才不是呢 |
[08:01] | Bernadette wants a prenup. | 伯纳黛特想签婚前协议 |
[08:04] | That’s rough. | 这可不好办 |
[08:07] | So you’re saying if I became a famous movie star, | 你是说 假如我成了电影明星 |
[08:09] | we got married,you wouldn’t sign a prenup? | 我们结婚的话 你不愿意签婚前协议 |
[08:11] | Absolutely not. | 当然签 |
[08:13] | If I’m gonna be stuck at home with the kids while you’re on location cheating on me with Ryan Gosling | 我在家带孩子 你在外面和Ryan Gosling鬼混的话 |
[08:20] | then Leonard gots to get paid. | 我还能得到赔偿 |
[08:23] | So,you think about us getting married? | 你开始考虑我们结婚了 |
[08:27] | I think about a lot of things. | 我考虑很多事呢 |
[08:28] | I think about us getting married,I think about us breaking up. | 考虑结婚 考虑分手 |
[08:31] | Once in a while,I think about how I didn’t leave a note on that Mercedes I dinged in the parking lot last month | 有时 我还想为啥不在上月 被我划伤的奔驰上留个条 |
[08:36] | ,but then I have a glass of wine and it passes. | 但只要喝杯酒 我就忘了 |
[08:39] | Joke all you want,but you think about it. | 你就说笑吧 反正你考虑了 |
[08:41] | Well,tell you one thing,if I ever do get married,no Klingon invitations. | 跟你说 如果我们真结婚了 不许用克林贡语发请柬 |
[08:47] | Good luck catching a man with that attitude. | 找到那样的男人也不容易 |
[08:51] | Boy,oh,boy! | 老天爷哟 |
[08:53] | This vacation is off to a wonderful start. | 这假期的开始还真不错 |
[08:57] | The smell of formaldehyde… | 甲醛的味道… |
[09:00] | the whir of the centrifuge,the distant chatter of lab animals being dispatched for dissection. | 离心分离机的呼啸声 远处传来动物被解剖时的尖叫 |
[09:07] | Mm,I can already feel my cares just melting away. | 看来我多虑了 |
[09:11] | I’m excited to work with my boyfriend.It’s gonna be romantic. | 能和男朋友一起工作太棒了 会很浪漫的 |
[09:14] | Way to kill the mood. | 真会扫人兴 |
[09:17] | Come on,Sheldon. | 拜托 谢尔顿 |
[09:18] | We can be like Marie Curie and her husband,Pierre,who spent their days working side by side, | 我们可以像居里夫人 和她丈夫那样肩并肩地工作 |
[09:23] | bathed in the glow of their love and the radium that ultimately killed her. | 沉醉于爱情和镭的光辉中 后者最后害死了她 |
[09:28] | Screw Beauty and the Beast; that’s the love story Disney should tell | 什么狗屁”美女与野兽”迪士尼该演这样的爱情故事 |
[09:32] | Okay,what do we start with? | 好的 我们先做什么 |
[09:35] | Maybe splicing some genes,clone a sheep,perhaps grow a human ear on a mouse’s back? | 基因拼接 克隆羊 或者在老鼠背上培育人的耳朵 |
[09:41] | Ha-ha,I’m a freak! | 哈哈 我是怪物 |
[09:46] | Oh,I’m gonna be doing some brain stem histology | 我要做些脑干组织研究 |
[09:48] | while you put yourself on the business end of a sponge and wash those beakers. | 你就去用海绵 帮我洗洗烧杯吧 |
[09:53] | Wash those bea… | 洗烧… |
[09:54] | Oh,I get it,a little hazing for the new fella. | 知道了 调戏下新人 |
[09:58] | Yeah,I’d better keep and eye out for,what,shoe polish on the microscope, | 是啊 我要注意什么 不要把鞋油涂到显微镜上 |
[10:02] | or mad cow disease in my grilled cheese sandwich? | 小心烤奶酪三明治里的疯牛病 |
[10:05] | No,I just need those beakers washed. | 不 就是那些烧杯需要洗 |
[10:07] | – Hippity-hop,quick like a bunny.- Wha…? | -速度点 小白兔 -什么 |
[10:09] | Excuse me,you have Dr. Sheldon Cooper in your lab. | 不好意思 在你实验室的可是 谢尔顿·库帕博士 |
[10:12] | You’re gonna make him do the dishes? | 你就让他洗盘子 |
[10:14] | That’s like asking the Incredible Hulk to open a pickle jar. | 这不是让绿巨人开罐头嘛 |
[10:20] | Sheldon,you’ve never worked in a lab like this before. | 谢尔顿 你从没在这种实验室干过 |
[10:22] | You have no experience in the field of biology. | 对生物学完全没有经验 |
[10:25] | I have plenty of experience in biology. | 我对生物学很有经验 |
[10:27] | I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998. | 1998年我买了只电子宠物 |
[10:30] | And… it’s still alive. | 而且 现在还活着 |
[10:33] | Let’s do this. | 来吧 |
[10:42] | Where’s Howard? | 霍华德在哪儿 |
[10:44] | No “Hi,Raj”? | 不说”你好 拉杰” |
[10:45] | No “How are you,Raj?” Just straight to “Where’s the other white guy?” | 不说”最近好吗 拉杰” 直接问”另一个白人在哪儿” |
[10:49] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:51] | So,listen,I heard something about him. | 我听到他的一些消息 |
[10:54] | Can you keep it between us? | 能不能保密 |
[10:55] | Ooh,gossip. | 哦 八卦 |
[10:57] | When I first got here,I thought you Americans really gossiped around the water cooler. | 刚来的时候 我还以为你们美国人爱在饮水机旁聊八卦 |
[11:01] | So I hung out there for,like,a month, | 所以我有一个月经常在那儿晃 |
[11:02] | but the only gossip I ever heard was about some creepy guy hanging out by the water cooler. | 但我听到的唯一八卦就是 饮水机旁一直有个猥琐男 |
[11:09] | Bernadette wants to get a prenup. | 伯纳黛特想签婚前协议 |
[11:11] | Oh,that’s a shame – he’s gonna be devastated. | 真悲剧 他会伤心欲绝的 |
[11:14] | I never know what to do in these situations. | 我不知道这种情况该怎么做 |
[11:16] | Should I give him a heads-up? | 要不要提醒他下 |
[11:19] | I’m gonna give you the same advice I yell at the TV when the Bachelor’s handing out roses. | 我的建议和每次电视上”单身汉”送玫瑰时 喊的一样 |
[11:25] | Follow your heart. | 随心而行 |
[11:28] | Check it out. | 来瞧瞧 |
[11:30] | Look at the size of that Rice Krispie Treat! | 瞧这大米酥的个头 |
[11:33] | Same price. | 价格不变哦 |
[11:35] | Hey,Howard,I need to tell you something. | 嘿 霍华德 我有事跟你说 |
[11:37] | I know,it’s not on my wedding diet. | 我知道 我又没在为婚礼节食 |
[11:39] | I don’t care. | 我无所谓 |
[11:43] | Uh,l-listen,I… | 听着 我… |
[11:45] | heard that Bernadette’s thinking about asking you for a prenup. | 听说伯纳黛特想让你签婚前协议 |
[11:49] | A prenup? | 婚前协议 |
[11:54] | What are you gonna do? | 你想怎么办 |
[11:56] | I… don’t know. | 不知道 |
[11:59] | Follow your heart. | 随心而行 |
[12:07] | You know what,it’s… | 知道吗 |
[12:09] | not a big deal. | 这也没什么 |
[12:11] | She makes more money than me. | 她比我赚得多 |
[12:13] | She wants to protect her financial interests. | 她也是想保护她的财产 |
[12:17] | It’s completely reasonable. | 这很合理啊 |
[12:18] | Good. That’s a healthy attitude. | 好 这么想很健康 |
[12:20] | Yeah,actually,it’s good for both of us. | 嗯 其实对我俩都有益 |
[12:21] | I have assets to protect,too. | 我也有要保护的财产啊 |
[12:23] | Like what? | 比如 |
[12:25] | I’ve got some rare comic books. | 我有些稀有的漫画书 |
[12:27] | The Vespa’s almost paid off. | 摩托车的分期付款快付清了 |
[12:31] | And Ma and I have a primo double cemetery plot at Mt.Sinai right near the guy | 我妈和我在西奈山有个 高级双墓位 旁边就是… |
[12:34] | who played Mr.Roper on Three’s Company. | “三人行”里演罗珀先生那人 |
[12:37] | Mr. Roper’s dead?! | 罗珀先生死了 |
[12:41] | You can’t just spring that on a guy! | 你怎么能这么突然地向我宣布呢 |
[12:47] | Here you go. | 好了 |
[12:48] | This is now the only lab with glassware washed by a man with two doctorates | 你这实验室可算独一份了 玻璃容器由拥有两个博士学位的人洗 |
[12:52] | and a restraining order signed by Carl Sagan. | 卡尔萨根还对他申请了限制令[著名天文学家] |
[12:57] | Soap spots. | 皂渍 |
[12:58] | Wash ’em again. | 再洗一遍 |
[13:00] | Y… You’re being ridiculous! | 你太扯了 |
[13:01] | Those are perfectly clean. | 洗得可是清洁如新的 |
[13:03] | Sheldon,this beaker used to contain cerebral spinal fluid from an elephant that died of syphilis | 谢尔顿 这烧杯可盛过死大象的脑脊液 它死于梅毒 |
[13:08] | If it’s,in fact,perfectly clean,drink from it. | 如果真是清洁如新 用它喝水 |
[13:18] | Biologists are mean. | 生物学家都好讨厌 |
[13:22] | All right,perhaps this task will be a little bit more up your alley. | 好 也许你会对这项任务 更感兴趣一点 |
[13:25] | I need you to count the bacteria spores on these petri dishes. | 你来数一下培养皿中 细菌孢子的数量吧 |
[13:28] | There was something wrong with that detergent. | 那洗洁精绝对有问题 |
[13:31] | That was way too bubbly. | 泡泡太多了 |
[13:33] | I’m sure it was. | 那是当然 |
[13:34] | I intend to write that soap company a strongly worded letter. | 我想跟那家洗涤用品公司 写封措辞激烈的信 |
[13:37] | Yeah,good for you.Now,start counting. | 嗯 挺好 开始数吧 |
[13:41] | You know what this place needs? | 知道这里需要个什么吗 |
[13:43] | A suggestion box. | 意见箱 |
[13:47] | 366…367… 366… 367… | |
[13:51] | How’s it going? | 怎么样了 |
[13:53] | How’s counting going? | 数得怎么样了 |
[13:55] | When I was in kindergarten,I recited pi to a thousand places for the school talent show. | 我上幼儿园时 曾在学校才艺秀上 把π背到了1000位 |
[14:00] | I think I got this. | 这我能行 |
[14:02] | Great. | 很好 |
[14:08] | Aw,nuts! | 要死 |
[14:13] | One.. | 一… |
[14:16] | This is preposterous! | 这太荒谬了 |
[14:18] | I think you’re giving me these tasks | 我认为你给我这些任务 |
[14:20] | because you’re afraid if you give me anything meaningful to do,I’ll show you up. | 是因为你怕如果给我重要的任务 我会把你比下去 |
[14:25] | Really?Is that what you think? | 真的吗 你真这么想 |
[14:27] | Yes,that’s what I think. | 对 我真这么想 |
[14:28] | And I’m super smart,so it’s probably true. | 我聪明绝顶 所以这很可能是真的 |
[14:32] | Hey,I’ve been training in the field of neurobiology for 12 years. | 嘿 我已经在神经生物学领域 学习了12年 |
[14:35] | You’ve been here for three hours,and you’ve spent one of them in the bathroom. | 你才来了三个小时 其中一小时还是在洗手间度过的 |
[14:39] | I’m sorry! | 不好意思 |
[14:41] | It takes me a while to get things going on an unfamiliar toilet. | 我进你那陌生的厕所之前 也踌躇了一会儿 |
[14:45] | Sheldon,I’ve given you the simplest things to do,and you haven’t done one of them right. | 谢尔顿 你做的都是最简单的活儿 连那活儿你都没做好 |
[14:49] | Maybe that’s because I’m not being challenged. | 也许是因为那对我没有挑战性 |
[14:51] | It’s the same reason Einstein failed math. | 这也是爱因斯坦数学不及格的原因 |
[14:53] | Maybe the math was too bubbly for him. | 也许是数学对他来说 泡泡太多了 |
[14:56] | You think you’re doing science by cutting up that brain? | 你以为你切切脑子就算科学 |
[14:59] | They could do the same thing at any Quiznos. | Quiznos的店员也干同样的活儿[著名三明治快餐店] |
[15:01] | And they’d offer to toast it for me,too. | 他们还会主动帮我烤一烤 |
[15:05] | Okay,smart guy. | 好 聪明人 |
[15:07] | I’m about to remove the locus coeruleus,which is incredibly delicate work. | 我正要切除蓝斑 这活儿需要相当的技巧 |
[15:11] | Have at it. | 你来吧 |
[15:14] | All right. | 好的 |
[15:17] | I’m no stranger to a little gray matter. | 我对脑灰质可不陌生 |
[15:23] | Locus coeruleus. | 蓝斑 |
[15:27] | Locus coeruleus. | 蓝斑 |
[15:30] | You’re getting warmer – it is,indeed,in the brain. | 别叨叨了 它就在脑子里 |
[15:35] | Hope your hands are steady. | 希望你的手能稳住 |
[15:37] | It’s the width of a single hair. | 它只有头发般粗细 |
[15:39] | But this is just biology,so I’m sure it’s no problem for a genius like you. | 但这是生物学嘛 对你这天才来说 根本没问题 |
[15:42] | It’s not. | 确实 |
[15:43] | I’ll have you know,in the field of physics, | 给你说啊 在物理领域 |
[15:45] | we work with particles so small,they make fat jokes about the locus coeruleus. | 我们研究的粒子都超小 见到蓝斑都得笑它胖 |
[15:51] | I.e.,when your locus coeruleus sits around the house,it sits around the house. | 比如”如果说蓝斑在家里呆着 那是说它胖得只能发呆” |
[16:00] | Oh…are we nervous,Dr.Cooper? | 紧张了吗 库帕博士 |
[16:03] | No.What you see is a man trembling with confidence. | 不 我这是因信心十足而颤抖 |
[16:13] | Does a locus coeruleus normally bleed that much? | 蓝斑一般会流那么多血吗 |
[16:16] | No.But your thumb does. | 不 但你的拇指会 |
[16:21] | Oh,dear. | 天哪 |
[16:26] | Yeah,you’re a biologist. | 是啊 你还真是生物学家 |
[16:34] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干吗 |
[16:36] | I’m on vacation. | 我在休假嘛 |
[16:38] | Social convention dictates that I let my hair down at a local watering hole. | 按社会传统 我该去本地酒吧放松一下 |
[16:45] | Social convention is stupid. | 社会传统真蠢 |
[16:49] | What happened to your thumb? | 你的大拇指怎么了 |
[16:51] | You know,I have ten fingers and ten toes. | 我有十个手指和十个脚趾 |
[16:53] | If I tell you a story about each one of them,we’ll be here all day – let’s just move on | 如果每个我都要讲个故事的话 那得讲一整天 算了 |
[16:58] | What can I get you? | 有什么需要吗 |
[17:00] | Ah,seeing as I’m on vacation,uh,pia colada seems appropriate. | 既然我在休假 来杯”凤梨园”应该不错 |
[17:04] | Extra pineapple slices,extra whipped cream, | 多加凤梨切片 多加鲜奶油 |
[17:07] | extra cherries,extra umbrellas,and,uh,hold the rum. | 多加樱桃 多加小伞 别加朗姆酒 |
[17:13] | Don’t let me have too many of those. | 别让我喝太多哦 |
[17:16] | Hey,what are you guys doing here? | 嘿 你俩怎么在这儿 |
[17:18] | We’re grown men; we drink at bars. | 我们是成年人 在吧台喝酒啊 |
[17:21] | No and no. | 不对 也不对 |
[17:26] | Everything okay with you and Bernadette? | 你和伯纳黛特没事吧 |
[17:28] | Oh,yeah,sure. | 当然 |
[17:30] | You and Amy?Good? | 你和艾米呢 还好吧 |
[17:31] | Oh,better than good. | 那是相当好 |
[17:35] | You know those girls text me every detail of their lives as it happens. | 姐妹们都会把所有事 发短信给我说的 |
[17:38] | I’m not signing a prenup. | 我不签婚前协议 |
[17:41] | All right,Howard Wolowitz,listen up. | 好 霍华德·沃鲁沃兹 听好 |
[17:43] | You sign anything she puts in front of you,because you are the luckiest man alive. | 她给你什么你都要签 因为你是世上最幸运的男人 |
[17:47] | If you let her go, there is no way you can find anyone else | 如果你跟她分了 你就再也找不到这么好的人了 |
[17:49] | speaking on behalf of all women,it is not gonna happen; we had a meeting. | 我是代表全世界女性说的 不可能找到 我们开过会了 |
[17:55] | And you,a grown man fainting at the sight of a little blood. | 你呢 一个大男人 见点血就晕 |
[17:59] | Excuse me,this is a fairly substantial wound. | 不好意思 那伤可是相当严重 |
[18:03] | You… | 你… |
[18:09] | Amy? Amy? Amy? | 艾米 艾米 艾米 |
[18:15] | What do you want? | 你想干吗 |
[18:17] | I was kind of hoping I could continue vacationing in your laboratory. | 我希望能继续在你的实验室度假 |
[18:22] | After all,I did book the whole week. | 毕竟我订了一周呢 |
[18:27] | Do you honestly think you can just waltz back in here after the way you behaved yesterday? | 你真以为昨天你那样后 还能悠哉地回来吗 |
[18:32] | I was not myself. | 当时我已神志不清 |
[18:34] | I had lost a lot of thumb blood. | 我拇指失了太多血 |
[18:39] | That’s not an apology. | 这可不算道歉 |
[18:40] | That is your opinion. | 就你这么想 |
[18:43] | I want a real apology. | 我想要个真正的道歉 |
[18:46] | – I’m sorry that you weren’t able to… – No. | -对不起你没能… -不行 |
[18:52] | – …that my genius… – No. | -我的才华… -不行 |
[18:55] | – …that the soap was… – Sheldon. | -那肥皂… -谢尔顿 |
[19:01] | Fine. | 好 |
[19:05] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:08] | You’re forgiven. | 原谅你了 |
[19:10] | Now,if you want to stay,get started on those beakers. | 如果你想留下来 快去洗烧杯吧 |
[19:12] | They’re still dirty from yesterday. | 昨天你还是没洗干净 |
[19:18] | Next year I’m going to Epcot. | 明年我去”未来世界”[主题乐园] |
[19:28] | Are you mad at me? | 你生我气吗 |
[19:30] | No. | 没 |
[19:31] | I’m not mad at you.I just… | 我没生气 我只是… |
[19:33] | wish you would have come to me,so I didn’t have to hear it through the nerd-vine. | 希望你能提前告诉我 免得我从宅男兄弟那里听说 |
[19:40] | So,what are we gonna do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[19:43] | You really want me to sign a prenup? | 你真想让我签婚前协议 |
[19:46] | I don’t know. | 不知道哦 |
[19:47] | My dad’s pretty insistent on it,though. | 不过我爸挺坚持的 |
[19:49] | Why don’t I talk to your dad,man-to-man? | 我去跟你爸谈谈吧 俩男人面对面 |
[19:53] | Really?Oh,that’d be so great! | 真的吗 实在太棒了 |
[19:55] | Done. | 好 |
[19:57] | I should probably give you a heads-up about a couple of things. | 我要先给你提几个醒 |
[20:01] | Even though he’s retired from the police force,he still carries his gun. | 虽然他从警局退休了 他还是会带着枪 |
[20:07] | But don’t worry,he won’t shoot it. | 但不要担心 他不会开枪 |
[20:08] | It’s more of a fashion statement. | 那就算是个时尚配件 |
[20:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:13] | And just to be safe,when you talk to him,don’t bring up Jimmy Carter, | 安全起见 你和他聊时 别提到吉米 Carter |
[20:18] | gardeners,foreign people,homosexuals,Sean Penn,Vatican II, | 园丁 外国人 同性恋 肖恩·潘 梵蒂冈二次会议 |
[20:21] | gun control,organic food,the designated hitter rule, | 枪支管制 有机食品 “指定击球手”规则 |
[20:24] | recycling or the fact that you’re Jewish. | 资源回收 也别提你是犹太人 |
[20:30] | Got it,got it. | 知道了 知道了 |
[20:31] | Will you e-mail me that list? | 列个表电邮给我吧 |
[20:35] | So the thing to watch for,if he’s shouting at you,you’re okay, | 还要注意以下几点 如果他冲你大吼大叫 你听着就好 |
[20:39] | but if he starts to get real quiet,leave as quickly as you can without making eye contact. | 但如果他开始非常安静 尽快离开 不要做眼神接触 |
[20:45] | Not in a straight line – throw some zigs and zigs in there. | 也别直着跑 尽量左右躲着跑 |
[20:51] | You know,this isn’t that pressing. | 其实不用那么急啦 |
[20:54] | Why don’t I talk to him about it in May. | 我五月再跟他谈吧 |
[20:56] | In May you’re gonna be on the International Space Station. | 五月你就上国际空间站啦 |
[21:00] | They got a phone. | 不是有电话嘛 |