时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Here’s what I wonder about zombies. | 我对僵尸有一点困惑 |
[00:08] | What happens if they can’t get any human flesh to eat? | 要是他们找不到人肉吃会怎么样 |
[00:11] | They can’t starve to death– they’re already dead. | 他们不可能饿死 他们本来就是死人嘛 |
[00:14] | You take this one. I spent an hour last night on | 你听听我的 我昨晚花了一个小时在想 |
[00:16] | “How do vampires shave | “既然吸血鬼在镜子里 |
[00:18] | when they can’t see themselves in the mirror”? | 都看不见自己 他们是怎么给自己剃胡子的” |
[00:21] | Well-groomed vampires meet in pairs | 衣冠楚楚的吸血鬼两两搭伴 |
[00:23] | and shave each other– case closed. | 互相刮胡子 解释完毕 |
[00:27] | Yeah, okay, so, zombies. | 好吧 那 僵尸呢 |
[00:29] | I guess it depends on the zombies, Raj. | 我觉得这取决于僵尸的种类 拉杰 |
[00:31] | Are we talking slow zombies, fast zombies? | 我们现在说的是快僵尸还是慢僵尸 |
[00:33] | Like, in 28 Days, if those zombies didn’t eat, | 在《28天》里面 如果那些僵尸不吃东西 |
[00:35] | – they starved. – You’re thinking | -他们就会饿死 -你说的是 |
[00:36] | of 28 Days Later. | 《惊变28天》 |
[00:37] | 28 Days is where Sandra Bullock goes to rehab | 《28天》里面桑德拉·布洛克去戒酒 |
[00:40] | and puts the audience into an undead state. | 结果让观众升华到濒死状态 |
[00:43] | Hey, don’t bag on Sandra Bullock! | 喂 不许你说桑德拉·布洛克坏话 |
[00:45] | You think it makes you look cultured, | 你以为这样显得很有内涵 |
[00:46] | but you just come off as bitter. | 但你表现出来的只是刻薄而已 |
[00:50] | Oh, Dr. Siebert, twelve o’clock. | 12点方向 希伯特博士 |
[00:53] | Why’s the president of the university | 为啥大学校长 |
[00:54] | slumming in the cafeteria? | 要来食堂里视察呢 |
[00:56] | Perhaps he’s emulating Shakespeare’s Henry V, | 也许他在模仿莎翁笔下的亨利五世 |
[00:59] | who dressed as a commoner and mingled among them, | 微服私访 想知道在民间 |
[01:01] | to find out how he was being perceived by his subjects. | 他的臣民们是如何看待自己的 |
[01:04] | Of course, if he’d have read any of the 1,300 e-mails | 当然 如果他看过我发给他的1300封 |
[01:06] | I’ve sent him on the subject of his administration, | 关于学校管理的邮件中的任何一封 |
[01:08] | he could have saved himself the trouble. | 他就不必这么费劲了 |
[01:11] | Or maybe he heard it’s Tator Tot Tuesday. | 也可能是因为他听说今天周二有炸薯棒 |
[01:14] | That’s why I’m here. | 反正我是因为这个才来的 |
[01:16] | Hey, there’s my favorite geniuses! | 嗨 我最器重的天才们 |
[01:19] | How are we doing today? | 今天过得怎么样啊 |
[01:21] | That depends– how much longer | 这取决于 你打算 |
[01:22] | do you plan on fondling my shoulder? | 在我的肩膀上抚摸多久 |
[01:25] | Sorry, Dr. Cooper, I forgot you have a touch phobia. | 抱歉 库珀博士 我忘了你有爱抚恐惧症 |
[01:28] | It’s not a touch phobia, it’s a germ phobia. | 我不是怕人抚摸 我是怕细菌 |
[01:31] | If you’d like to go put on a pair of latex gloves, | 要是你愿意戴一双乳胶手套 |
[01:33] | I’ll let you check me for a hernia. | 给我查疝气都没问题 |
[01:36] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[01:37] | So, listen, fellas, | 听好了各位 |
[01:38] | who’s up for a little party this Saturday night? | 本周六晚上谁想去参加一个小宴会呢 |
[01:40] | Open bar, good eats, might even be a few pretty girls. | 美酒 佳肴 没准儿还会有几位甜妞 |
[01:43] | Sounds great! I’m in! | 听起来很赞啊 我去 |
[01:44] | Hold on. | 慢着 |
[01:45] | Just because the nice man is offering you candy, | 就因为一位怪蜀黍给你们糖吃 |
[01:47] | doesn’t mean you should jump into his windowless van. | 并不意味着你就应该跳进人贩子的破车里 |
[01:52] | What’s the occasion? | 究竟是什么场合啊 |
[01:53] | Just a little fund-raiser for the university. | 就是本校的几位赞助者 |
[01:56] | Aha! The tear-stained air mattress in the back of the van. | 啊哈 沾满泪痕的气垫还在车后面呢 |
[02:00] | I understand your reticence, Dr. Cooper, | 你不情愿我很理解 库珀博士 |
[02:02] | and I sympathize, but the hard facts are, | 我深表同情 但残酷的事实摆在面前 |
[02:04] | occasionally, we have to shake a few hands | 有时候我们不得不为了募集研究资金 |
[02:06] | and kiss a few butts to raise money for our research. | 而跟某些人溜须拍马 |
[02:08] | I don’t care; it’s demeaning. | 我不管 这太下作了 |
[02:10] | And I refuse to be trotted out and shown off | 我不愿想像只德州博览会的冠军猪一样 |
[02:13] | like a prize hog at the Texas State Fair. | 被人领着到处表演 |
[02:15] | Which, by the way, is something you don’t want to attend | 顺便提一下 这种博览会肯定不是你想穿着 |
[02:17] | wearing a Star Trek ensign’s uniform. | 别有星际迷航徽章的衣服参加的 |
[02:21] | All right, | 好吧 |
[02:21] | let me put it this way. | 那我换个说法 |
[02:23] | You’re gonna put on a suit, you’re gonna come to this party, | 你们都得给我穿好正装参加这个宴会 |
[02:26] | and you’re gonna explain your research | 你们要向一群老人解释 |
[02:27] | to a bunch of old people, | 你们所做的研究 |
[02:28] | or I swear to God, I’ll blind you with a hot spoon, | 否则 我对天发誓 我会用热勺子烫瞎你的眼睛 |
[02:31] | like they did to that little boy in Slumdog Millionaire. | 就像《贫民窟的百万富翁》里的那个小男孩一样 |
[02:35] | Oh, you don’t want that. | 你肯定不想那样的 |
[02:39] | So, Saturday night! | 那就周六晚上咯 |
[02:40] | It’s gonna be off the hook. | 包你开心 |
[02:41] | Get over it. | 速度拿开 |
[02:45] | Oh, boy! | 哦天啊 |
[02:46] | Tator tots and a party invitation? | 又是炸薯棒又是宴会邀请 |
[02:48] | What a great day! | 今天是个好日子啊 |
[03:18] | There you go. | 好了 |
[03:23] | Are you sure this is right? | 你确定这样就行了 |
[03:25] | Yeah, just tuck that part in your pants; you’ll be fine. | 嗯 把这一段塞到裤子里 就没事了 |
[03:29] | Okay, let’s go smooch some rich, wrinkled tochis. | 一起去给拍那些有钱人的马屁吧 |
[03:34] | Oh, Howard, I can’t believe Bernadette let you go | 霍华德 我真不敢相信伯纳黛特居然让你 |
[03:36] | to a fancy party wearing a dickey. | 穿着女式衬领去参加这么正式的宴会 |
[03:38] | Excuse me, my girlfriend doesn’t pick out my clothes. | 不好意思 我的衣服不是我女朋友挑的 |
[03:41] | My mother does. | 是我妈挑的 |
[03:45] | Oh. We should get going. | 我们该出发了 |
[03:46] | What about Sheldon? | 那谢尔顿呢 |
[03:47] | Sheldon is not going. | 谢尔顿不去 |
[03:49] | Really? What do we tell Siebert? | 真的假的 那我们怎么跟希伯特交待 |
[03:51] | Tell him Dr. Cooper feels that the best use of his time | 告诉他库珀博士觉得他宝贵时间最有价值的用途 |
[03:54] | is to employ his rare and precious mental faculties | 就是运用他那举世罕见的天赋 |
[03:58] | to tear the mask off nature and stare at the face of God. | 来揭开自然的面纱 目睹上帝的真面 |
[04:02] | Sheldon, it’s Saturday night, you’ll be doing laundry. | 谢尔顿 现在是周六晚上 你要去洗衣服了 |
[04:06] | Don’t tell him that, tell him the mask thing. | 别跟他说这个 说揭开面纱啥的 |
[04:15] | Hey, put your tie back in your pants. | 喂 把领带塞回裤子里 |
[04:19] | Nice place. | 这地儿不错啊 |
[04:20] | Reminds me of my parents’ house back in New Delhi. | 让我想起了我爸妈在新德里的房子 |
[04:23] | – You’re kidding. – No. We are very wealthy. | -别逗了 -真的 我家很有钱的 |
[04:25] | But the only difference is, we have more servants. | 但跟这里唯一的区别就是 我们的仆人更多 |
[04:28] | – More than this? – More than we can use. | -比这儿还多啊 -多得没地儿使唤 |
[04:30] | You see, in India, we don’t make the mistake | 你看吧 在印度 我们都不会犯 |
[04:31] | of letting our poor people have dreams. | 让人们有梦想这种错误 |
[04:35] | Ah. There’s my band of brainiacs. | 我的牛人小队来了 |
[04:38] | Where’s Dr. Cooper? | 库珀博士在哪儿呢 |
[04:40] | He’s tearing the mask off nature to look at the face of God. | 他正在揭开自然的面纱 目睹上帝的真面 |
[04:45] | The board of directors insists he has a beautiful mind. | 校领导认定他有颗美丽心灵 |
[04:48] | I think he’s just bananas. | 我认为他就是浮云 |
[04:50] | Come on, let me introduce you | 来吧 我来介绍你们认识一位 |
[04:51] | to one of the university’s leading donors. | 咱们学校的主要捐款人 |
[04:56] | I think we were misled about the cute girls. | 我觉得咱们被他们所谓的美女误导了 |
[05:00] | Mrs. Latham, I’d like you to meet three | 莱森女士 这是我们学校 |
[05:01] | of our outstanding young researchers. | 三位了不起的青年学者 |
[05:03] | This is Dr. Leonard Hofstadter, | 这位是莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德博士 |
[05:05] | Dr. Rajesh Koothrappali and Howard Wolowitz. | 拉杰·库萨帕里博士和霍华德·沃罗威茨 |
[05:08] | Well, what happened to you, Wolowitz, | 沃罗威茨你怎么了 |
[05:09] | couldn’t stick with it long enough to get your PhD? | 坚持不下去读博么 |
[05:13] | I’m an engineer. | 我是工程师 |
[05:14] | Most engineers don’t bother with a PhD. | 工程师通常不需要博士学位 |
[05:17] | But you may be interested to know | 不过你没准想知道 |
[05:18] | I designed the zero-gravity waste-disposal system for NASA. | 我给NASA设计过零重力废物排放系统的 |
[05:21] | Got it– you’re a space plumber. | 懂了 你就是太空水管工 |
[05:26] | I’m gonna go hit the bar. | 我去吧台喝两杯 |
[05:30] | Tell me about these two. | 介绍这两位吧 |
[05:32] | Do him first. | 先介绍他 |
[05:34] | Dr. Hofstadter is representing our experimental physics program tonight. | 霍夫斯塔德博士今天晚上会做个我们实验物理项目的演讲 |
[05:37] | I think you’ll really enjoy hearing about his fascinating work. | 我想你会对他迷人的工作感兴趣的 |
[05:40] | Right. | 行吧 |
[05:41] | Fascinate me. | 迷我一下 |
[05:45] | They’re cute when they’re about to wet themselves, aren’t they? | 他们快要尿裤子的样子很可爱吧 |
[05:49] | I’ll make it easy for you. | 这么说吧 |
[05:50] | When you arrive at the lab in the morning, | 每天早上你到实验室的第一件事 |
[05:52] | what sort of machine do you turn on? | 你会最先打开什么机器 |
[05:55] | Coffee maker? | 咖啡机 |
[05:57] | All right, Dr. Kooth– uh, whatever it is– you’re up. | 行吧 库那什么博士 到你了 |
[06:01] | It’s Koothrappali. | 我叫库萨帕里 |
[06:02] | I have to tinkle. | 我得去嘘嘘了 |
[06:08] | And so, instead of bowing to pressure, | 于是 我没有屈服于权贵 |
[06:11] | and going to that pointless soiree, | 去参加那个毫无意义的社交晚会 |
[06:12] | I stayed right here and did a load of whites. | 而是待在家里 把衣服都洗了 |
[06:17] | Well, normally I respect your macho rebellious attitude | 通常我会赞许你那反社会的大男子气概 |
[06:20] | toward “The Man,” | 不听你们领导的 |
[06:22] | but, in this case, I think you’ve made a foolish mistake. | 但这回 我觉得你犯了个愚蠢的错误 |
[06:26] | Unlikely. | 不可能 |
[06:28] | But make your case. | 但请你说完 |
[06:30] | Keeping in mind that your critical attitude | 请记住 您那批评的语气 |
[06:32] | is ruining our Saturday night together, | 正毁坏咱们周六夜晚的美好时光 |
[06:34] | and I’m not above minimizing your window. | 我都没有把你窗口最小化 |
[06:38] | Sheldon, like it or not, | 谢尔顿 不管你喜不喜欢 |
[06:40] | until you manage to upload your intelligence | 在你能把你的智慧 |
[06:42] | into a self-sustaining orbiting satellite, | 上载到一颗自给自足 装备着高速互联网 |
[06:44] | equipped with high-speed Internet and a cloaking device, | 和隐形设备的轨道卫星上之前 |
[06:47] | you will be dependent on other members of the human race. | 你还是需要依靠其他人类同胞的 |
[06:50] | That’s it. Prepare to be minimized. | 够了 我要把你最小化了 |
[06:53] | I’m not finished. | 我还没说完 |
[06:54] | All scientists have to fund-raise, Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 所有科学家都要去募集资金 |
[06:56] | How do you think I paid for my lab? | 你觉得我的实验室靠的是什么资金 |
[06:58] | I went to Saudi Arabia and met with a prince | 我去了沙特阿拉伯 遇到个王子 |
[07:00] | who had an interest in neurobiology. | 他正好对神经生物学感兴趣 |
[07:02] | Your lab is funded by some Middle-Eastern dilettante? | 你的实验室靠中东业余爱好者资助的么 |
[07:06] | Technically, Faisal is my fianc? | 更准确地说 法伊萨是我未婚夫 |
[07:11] | But I do have a state-of-the-art two-photon microscope | 但我现在有最高端的双光子显微镜 |
[07:14] | and a place to stay in Riyadh for the winter. | 冬天去利雅得(阿拉伯半岛中部的城市)还有个住所 |
[07:17] | Well, that explains those puzzling camel race photos | 终于明白你Facebook上面那些诡异的骆驼比赛的照片 |
[07:20] | on your Facebook page. | 是哪里来的了 |
[07:22] | And consider this: | 你这么想 |
[07:24] | without you to make the case for the physics department, | 如果物理学院没有你出面 |
[07:26] | the task will fall to people like Leonard and Rajesh. | 募捐的重任就落到莱纳德和拉杰那种人头上了 |
[07:29] | Are you trying to scare me? | 你唬我么 |
[07:31] | ‘Cause you’re succeeding. | 你成功了 |
[07:33] | Well, then prepare to be terrified. | 等着更恐怖的吧 |
[07:35] | If your friends are unconvincing, | 如果你的朋友们没有足够说服力的话 |
[07:37] | this year’s donations might go to, | 今年的捐款可能就被 |
[07:38] | say, the geology department. | 地质学院卷走了 |
[07:40] | Oh, dear, not the dirt people! | 不要吧 那些烂泥研究员 |
[07:45] | Or worse– it could go to… | 或者更糟糕 |
[07:48] | the liberal arts. | 也可能给人文学院哦 |
[07:52] | No! | 不要 |
[07:54] | Millions of dollars being showered on poets, | 几百万的捐款都在那些骚人墨客 |
[07:56] | literary theorists and students of gender studies. | 身上打了水漂 |
[08:01] | Oh, the humanities! | 噢 人文啊 |
[08:06] | On the bright side, I don’t think President Siebert | 往好处想 我觉得希伯特校长再也不会 |
[08:08] | will be making us go to any more fund-raisers. | 让我们参加任何募捐活动了 |
[08:11] | It was so much easier at my bar mitzvah. | 受戒仪式都没这么痛苦 |
[08:13] | The old people just came up to you, pinched your cheek | 那些老家伙也就捏捏你的小脸蛋 |
[08:15] | and handed you a savings bond. | 就把储蓄债券给了你 |
[08:18] | Oh, don’t be such gloomy Gusses. | 别这么闷闷不乐嘛 |
[08:20] | Look at the size of these shrimp! | 看这的虾有多大 |
[08:23] | At what point do we start calling them lobsters? | 到多大就可以叫做龙虾了 |
[08:27] | Face it, Raj, we crashed and burned tonight. | 承认吧 我们搞砸了 |
[08:30] | Oh, you didn’t do that badly. | 没那么糟糕啦 |
[08:33] | Mrs. Latham, the first machine I turn on in the morning | 莱瑟姆女士 我每天早晨第一个打开的机器 |
[08:35] | is the helium-neon laser, ’cause it needs to warm up. | 是氦氖激光器 给它预热 |
[08:38] | I no longer care, dear. | 亲爱的我不关心 |
[08:41] | But don’t worry, | 别着急 |
[08:42] | I really enjoyed meeting you this evening. | 今天晚上见到你们很高兴 |
[08:44] | You’re kidding. That was good for you? | 别开玩笑了 哪里值得高兴了 |
[08:46] | ‘Cause I was sweating through my T-shirt. | 我出了一身汗了 |
[08:49] | Excellent! There’s nothing I like better | 最好不过了 |
[08:51] | than making smart people feel ill at ease. | 我最喜欢调戏聪明人了 |
[08:54] | Why? | 啥 |
[08:55] | Oh, I don’t know, it’s one of the fun things | 你有了钱之后 |
[08:57] | you get to do when you have lots of money. | 就喜欢找这种乐子 |
[09:00] | Watch. | 看着 |
[09:02] | Hey! Who said you could eat that shrimp? | 谁让你吃这里的虾了 |
[09:08] | See? Fun. | 有趣吧 |
[09:10] | No, no, no, I’m just here for your money. | 不不不 我只是来要钱的 |
[09:13] | I don’t want to shake anyone’s germy hands. | 我不想握任何人的带菌手 |
[09:17] | Explain it to them, Siebert. | 希伯特 快跟他们说清楚 |
[09:23] | I must confess | 我必须承认 |
[09:24] | I don’t understand you, President Siebert. | 我不懂你什么意思 希伯特校长 |
[09:27] | First you say you want me to appear at your fund-raisers, | 你一开始说你想要我出席你的筹款会 |
[09:29] | but now you say you never want me to go | 现在你又说你再也不想让我 |
[09:31] | anywhere near your fund-raisers. | 接近你的筹款会 |
[09:33] | Forgive me, but that sounds like a mixed message. | 不好意思 但您这意思有点混乱呀 |
[09:37] | Here we go again. | 又来了 |
[09:38] | If there’s simply no talking to me, | 如果你懒得跟我讲话的话 |
[09:40] | why did you call? | 那干吗还打电话给我 |
[09:43] | I’m sorry, someone’s on the other line. | 对不起 另一条线上有电话进来了 |
[09:45] | Why don’t you see if you can organize your thoughts, | 你何不组织一下你的语言 |
[09:47] | and we’ll try again later. | 我们晚点再聊 |
[09:50] | Cooper-Hofstadter residence. Go for Cooper. | 库珀和霍夫斯塔德家 简称库珀家 |
[09:53] | Good morning, Mrs. Latham. | 早上好 莱森太太 |
[09:55] | Well, yes, of course I remember you. | 当然 我当然记得你 |
[09:57] | A woman well past her prime | 一个通过把死去丈夫得来的 |
[09:59] | seeking to augment her social status | 不义之财都捐赠出去以提高自己的 |
[10:01] | by doling out her late husband’s ill-gotten gains. | 社会地位的女人 |
[10:05] | So, how much money are you going to give me? | 那你准备给我多少钱 |
[10:09] | I’m not crazy — my mother had me tested. | 我不疯 我妈带我检查过的 |
[10:13] | Well, if you’re not going to give me money, | 如果你不准备给我钱 |
[10:14] | then why are you calling? | 那你打电话来干嘛 |
[10:17] | She wants to talk to you. | 她要跟你讲话 |
[10:20] | Who’s crazy now? | 到底谁才是疯子 |
[10:23] | Hello, Mrs. Latham. | 你好 莱森太太 |
[10:25] | Yes, I live with him. | 是的 我跟他住在一起 |
[10:28] | I don’t…I-I really don’t know why. | 我不 我也不知道为什么 |
[10:36] | Tonight? Sure, that’d be great. | 今晚吗 好的 没问题 |
[10:40] | Okay, I’ll see you then. | 好的 到时见 |
[10:42] | Bye. | 再见 |
[10:44] | She wants to have dinner and talk about my research. | 她想跟我共进晚餐 谈谈我的研究 |
[10:47] | An entire dinner to talk about your research? | 就你那点研究还用得着整个晚餐的时间来讨论吗 |
[10:51] | Where you going, the drive-thru at Jack in the Box? | 你们去哪吃 免下车的魔术盒快餐[美国快餐店]吗 |
[10:57] | Well, wherever we’re going, | 不管去哪都好 |
[10:59] | she’s sending a car to pick me up. | 她会派车来接我 |
[11:02] | Okay, | 好吧 |
[11:03] | – I see what’s happening. – What? | -我明白了 -明白什么了 |
[11:05] | My stature intimidates her, | 我的境界吓到她了 |
[11:07] | so she’s using you to get to me. | 所以她就利用你来接近我 |
[11:12] | Crafty old gal. | 狡猾的老师太 |
[11:15] | Excuse me, but you are not the only | 不好意思 但你并不是这间公寓里唯一 |
[11:17] | distinguished scientist in this apartment. | 一名出色的科学家 |
[11:19] | I’ve been published in peer-reviewed journals, | 我在同行评审刊物里发表过论文 |
[11:21] | I received a Dissertation of the Year award | 我在实验粒子物理学方面获得过 |
[11:23] | for experimental particle physics. | 年度专题论文奖 |
[11:25] | No, that can’t be it. | 不 不可能 |
[11:28] | And since you seem | 还有你似乎忘了 |
[11:29] | to have forgotten, the reason we live together | 咱俩住在一起 |
[11:31] | is we’re best friends. | 是因为咱俩是死党 |
[11:33] | And I got your back, Jack. | 我会挺你的 杰克 |
[11:38] | – That was a great meal. – I’m glad you enjoyed it. | -晚餐棒极了 -很高兴你喜欢 |
[11:41] | The only time I eat this well is when my mom’s in town | 我唯一一次吃得这么好 就是我妈来看我 |
[11:43] | – and she takes me out to dinner. – Is that so? | -然后带我出去吃饭那次 -是吗 |
[11:46] | You kind of remind me of her. | 你跟她有点像 |
[11:48] | She enjoys making people uncomfortable, too. | 她也喜欢把人弄得不自在 |
[11:52] | Well, you remind me of a boy I dated in college. | 你让我想起我在大学时期的男朋友 |
[11:55] | – No kidding. – Sweet boy. | -不会吧 -很可爱的男孩 |
[11:56] | Very smart. | 非常聪明 |
[11:58] | If only he’d had money. | 要是他有钱就好了 |
[12:04] | So, hey, speaking of money, | 说到钱 |
[12:07] | how are you feeling about helping the physics department | 你想不想帮物理系添置一个 |
[12:09] | get a cryogenic centrifugal pump and molecular sieve? | 低温离心泵和一个分子筛 |
[12:13] | Well, I must say, you make a very persuasive case for it. | 我只能说 你很有说服力 |
[12:16] | – Oh, good, good. – And I’m seriously | -太好了 太好了 -而我真的 |
[12:19] | considering taking it to the next level. | 在考虑要进一步发展 |
[12:21] | Terrific. Great. | 太棒了 这太好了 |
[12:23] | What level is that? | 怎么个进一步发展法 |
[12:32] | Okay, now you don’t remind me of my mom. | 现在你不像我妈了 |
[12:40] | I’m sorry, so, eventually, zombies are going to attack | 对不起 也就是说 最终僵尸会 |
[12:44] | the rehab facility where Sandra Bullock is? | 袭击桑德拉·布洛克[美国女演员]所在的戒酒中心吗 |
[12:50] | Yes, Sheldon. Keep watching. | 没错 谢尔顿 继续看吧 |
[12:54] | You know, it’s a shame, | 这太可惜了 |
[12:55] | all that work she’s doing to get sober, | 她那么费劲地要戒酒 |
[12:57] | only to be torn apart and eaten alive. | 结果就为了被生吞活剥 |
[13:01] | Hey. How was dinner? | 晚餐怎么样 |
[13:03] | Swell. I need a drink. | 一级棒 我得喝上一杯 |
[13:06] | Do we have any alcohol? | 我们还有酒吗 |
[13:07] | No. But we have potatoes — I could make you vodka. | 没有 但是我们有土豆 我可以给你做伏特加 |
[13:12] | It’ll take two weeks. | 不过要两周才能做好 |
[13:14] | Leonard, are you okay? | 莱纳德 你没事吧 |
[13:16] | Um, I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[13:18] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[13:19] | Well, Mrs. Latham said she was seriously considering | 莱森说她在考虑要给我们捐钱 |
[13:22] | donating money so we could get | 好让我们买一个 |
[13:24] | a cryogenic centrifugal pump… | 低温离心泵 |
[13:26] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[13:27] | …then she stuck her tongue down my throat. | 然后她就把舌头伸进我嘴里了 |
[13:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:33] | Okay, we can’t keep explaining everything. | 我们不能总是每件事都解释给你听 |
[13:35] | Read that book we got you. | 自己去看看我们买给你的那本书 |
[13:38] | She hit on me. | 她喜欢我 |
[13:40] | Wait-wait-wait. Are you telling us | 等一下 等一下 等一下 你是说 |
[13:41] | that old lady wanted to have sex with you | 那个老师太想要跟你上床 |
[13:43] | in exchange for giving your department millions of dollars? | 作为给你的院系捐赠上百万美金的条件吗 |
[13:47] | I think so. | 好像是 |
[13:48] | You lucky duck. | 你个幸运的小鸭子 |
[13:51] | You’re really a broken toy, aren’t you? | 你还真是够扭曲的啊 |
[13:55] | I was able to get out of there | 我赶在她有下一步行动之前 |
[13:56] | before anything else happened, | 就逃回来了 |
[13:57] | but she wants to see me again tomorrow night. | 可她明晚还想见我 |
[13:59] | Excellent! What are you planning to wear? | 太棒了 你准备穿什么 |
[14:03] | What? | 什么 |
[14:04] | Penny, you’re an expert | 佩妮 你在用肉体 |
[14:05] | on trading sexual favors for material gain — | 来交换物质这反面是专家 |
[14:07] | walk him through this. | 教教他 |
[14:10] | Well, n-no, hold on a second, | 不不 等一下 |
[14:12] | I’m not going to sleep with her. | 我才不要跟她上床呢 |
[14:14] | But we need a cryogenic centrifugal pump. | 但是我们需要低温离心泵 |
[14:18] | Well, forget it! It’s not gonna happen. | 想也别想 我才不会这么做呢 |
[14:20] | Well, come now, Leonard, this may be your only chance | 拜托 莱纳德 这可能是你 |
[14:23] | to make a real contribution to science! | 为科学做贡献的唯一机会了 |
[14:26] | I repeat, not gonna happen. | 我重申一遍 不可能 |
[14:32] | What was all that about me trading sexual favors | 你刚才说我出卖肉体来交换物质 |
[14:35] | for material gain? | 是什么意思 |
[14:36] | It was a compliment. | 这是赞美 |
[14:39] | I believe in giving credit where credit is due. | 我觉得值得赞美的时候就该赞美 |
[14:44] | Okay, fine. I’ll tell him. | 好的 我会转告他 |
[14:47] | Leonard, Mrs. Latham’s car is here for you. | 莱纳德 莱森太太的车在楼下等你 |
[14:50] | I won’t be too late; I’m just gonna make | 我一会儿就回来 我就下去为经费 |
[14:51] | a final pitch for the funding and then say good night. | 做最后一次努力 再跟她道声晚安 |
[14:53] | Hold on, I have something for you. | 等等 我有东西要给你 |
[14:57] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[14:58] | Just a few things you may need tonight. | 你今晚可能会用到的东西 |
[15:00] | Baby oil, condoms and, uh… | BB油 保险套 还有 |
[15:03] | a little something I procured from the school of pharmacology. | 我在医药学院搞来的小药丸 |
[15:06] | They say it is to Viagra as Viagra is to a green M&M. | 他们说这是伟哥中的战斗哥 |
[15:14] | I am not going to have sex with her. | 我不会跟她上床的 |
[15:16] | Maybe this will overcome your reluctance. | 或许这个能帮助你克服你的不情愿 |
[15:18] | I went on the Internet and found a photograph | 为了激发你的性欲 我上网找了 |
[15:21] | of a 25-year-old Mrs. Latham to get your libido humming. | 一张莱森太太25岁时的照片 |
[15:27] | Check out those saddle shoes. | 看她穿着马鞍鞋呢 嗷~ |
[15:36] | Are you insane? | 你脑子进水啦 |
[15:37] | I’m not going to prostitute myself | 我才不会为了几台新设备 |
[15:39] | just so we can get some new equipment. | 就出卖自己的肉体呢 |
[15:41] | Oh, come on! Why not? | 拜托 何乐而不为呢 |
[15:44] | Good night, sheldon. | 晚安 谢尔顿 |
[15:45] | Given how much time you spend engaging in pointless self-abuse, | 鉴于你用于毫无意义的自慰所花费的大量时间 |
[15:49] | you might consider, just this once, | 不妨考虑一下 就这一次 |
[15:51] | using your genitalia to actually accomplish something! | 让自己的生殖器达到真正合体的高潮 |
[15:57] | He still won’t shag the old lady, huh? | 他还是不愿意献身给那个老女人 对吧 |
[15:59] | No. But thank you for asking. | 对 多谢关心 |
[16:05] | Hey. Hi. | 你好 |
[16:06] | Hello, Leonard. | 你好 莱纳德 |
[16:08] | I hope you’re hungry. | 希望你饿了 |
[16:09] | I’m very hungry. | 我饿得不行不行的 |
[16:11] | For food, right? | 仅限于对食物 是吧 |
[16:14] | Oh, I made you uncomfortable last night. | 昨晚我让你不安了吧 |
[16:17] | I’m so sorry. | 真是抱歉 |
[16:18] | No, that’s okay. | 没关系 |
[16:19] | No, it most certainly is not. | 不 你肯定在说违心话 |
[16:21] | Leonard, I’m making the donation to your department | 莱纳德 不管咱们之间发生了什么 |
[16:23] | regardless of what happens between us. | 我都会给你的实验室捐款 |
[16:26] | – Really? – Well, of course. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[16:28] | There’s no quid pro quo here. | 现在又不是等价交换 |
[16:30] | You and your colleagues are doing remarkable research, | 你和你的同事们从事的研究十分杰出 |
[16:32] | and you deserve the money. | 这笔钱是你们应得的 |
[16:34] | Oh. | 好吧 |
[16:36] | Then what was last night about? | 那昨晚算怎么回事 |
[16:38] | I took a shot; sue me. | 我试了一把 告我啊 |
[16:42] | Oh. | 好吧 |
[16:43] | You’re a very handsome man, Leonard. | 莱纳德 你长得真帅 |
[16:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:50] | It was foolish of me to think someone your age | 我真傻 以为像你这样血气方刚的年轻人 |
[16:52] | might ever be interested in someone like me. | 会对我这样熟透的大龄熟女感兴趣 |
[16:54] | Oh, don’t say that. | 别这么说 |
[16:56] | – You’re a very attractive woman. – Oh, please. | -你是一个很魅力的女人 -拜托 |
[16:58] | – No, it’s true. – Well, aren’t you sweet. | -我是说真的 -你小嘴真甜 |
[17:01] | Just for the record… | 我得重申一遍 |
[17:04] | you’d remember a night with me for the rest of your life. | 与妾共度一夜 君将余生齿颊留香 |
[17:09] | I’m sure I would. | 那是当然 |
[17:11] | But why-why, exactly? | 不过为什么这么说 |
[17:15] | You’re a very smart man. | 你是个聪明人 |
[17:17] | How do you think I landed such a rich husband? | 你认为我得有多大的本事 才能傍上一个这么有钱的丈夫 |
[17:20] | I hadn’t really given it much thought. | 我还真没想过这个问题 |
[17:22] | Well, think about it. | 那好好想想吧 |
[17:27] | Do you mean…? | 难不成你是指 |
[17:29] | Yep. I’m that good. | 正确 老娘就是有本事让男人爽 |
[17:35] | Oh, what the hell. | 牡丹花下死 做鬼也风流 |
[17:52] | Good morning, slut. | 早安 荡夫 |
[17:57] | What? | 说啥呢 |
[17:59] | Oh, please, I recognize the walk of shame when I see it. | 拜托 我一眼就看出来了 你的步伐充满羞愧 |
[18:03] | All you’re missing is a little smeared mascara | 你缺少的只是花掉的睫毛膏 |
[18:05] | and a purse with panties wadded up in it. | 和卷成一团塞在坤包里的小裤裤 |
[18:09] | – What’s going on? – Oh, nothing’s going on. | -发生什么事了 -没事 |
[18:11] | Excuse me. | 借光 |
[18:11] | – Are you just getting home? – Yeah. | -你才回来 -是 |
[18:13] | That’s a good sign, right? | 这是个好兆头 对吧 |
[18:17] | Oh, yeah. | 的确 |
[18:17] | I’m so proud of you! | 我为你而自豪 |
[18:21] | You sold yourself out | 你就像普通站街女一样 |
[18:22] | like a common streetwalker! | 出卖了自己的肉体 |
[18:25] | No, I didn’t do it for the money. | 不 我不是为了钱而做 |
[18:27] | She stiffed you? | 她爽完就跑了 |
[18:30] | I believe that’s what your roommate did to her. | 我认为应该是你的室友这么对人家吧 |
[18:33] | What?! | 搞毛啊 |
[18:35] | Again, read the book we gave you. | 再说一遍 多读读我们给你那本书 |
[18:38] | No, I mean, | 不是这样的 我是说 |
[18:39] | I-I got the money first. | 她一开始就把钱给我了 |
[18:40] | Smart. Get paid up front. | 聪明 先收钱后办事 |
[18:42] | Yeah, I think you have a real knack for gigolo work, Leonard. | 我发现你有当小白脸的潜质呀 莱纳德 |
[18:48] | I’m gonna go lie down. | 我要进去歇着 |
[18:49] | That’s a good idea; get your rest. | 这个主意不错 养精蓄锐 |
[18:51] | There are a lot more rich old ladies out there, | 外面有大把有钱又饥渴的老女人 |
[18:53] | and Daddy needs a new linear accelerator. | 而哥正好需要一台新的直线加速器 |
[18:59] | And I thought he didn’t | 亏我当时还觉得 |
[19:00] | learn anything from his relationship with you. | 他没有从你们的恋爱中学到任何东西 |
[19:03] | Hey! | 说啥呢 |
[19:04] | Another compliment! | 这是赞美 |
[19:05] | Learn to recognize them. | 你得学着去识别 |
[19:15] | Ah, there he is! | 他来了 |
[19:16] | The man of the hour! | 当前最令人瞩目的人 |
[19:17] | He took one for the team! | 他牺牲小我 完成大我 |
[19:23] | I didn’t do it for the money! | 我真不是为了钱 |
[19:26] | Keep telling yourself that– it makes it easier. | 这样自我安慰也不错 至少能让你好过点 |
[19:29] | Trust me, I know. | 相信我 我深有体会 |
[19:32] | – Cool, buddy! That’s awesome! – Yeah! | -厉害啊 伙计 你真了不起 -就是 |
[19:35] | How was she? | 老师太 给力不 |