时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[00:04] | I’m your guest lecturer, Dr. Sheldon Cooper. | 我是你们的客座讲师 谢尔顿·库珀博士 |
[00:13] | I was expecting applause, | 我还等着掌声呢 |
[00:16] | but I suppose stunned silence is equally appropriate. | 不过”王八之气”震慑后的安静也挺好的 |
[00:20] | I agreed to speak to you this evening, | 我之所以今晚愿意来给你们上课 |
[00:23] | because I was told that you’re the best and the brightest | 是因为有人告诉我你们是这所学校里的 |
[00:26] | of this university’s doctoral candidates. | 博士生中最优秀最聪明的 |
[00:29] | Hmm. Of course, that’s like saying | 当然 这就像是说 |
[00:31] | you are the most important electron in a hydrogen atom. | 你们是氢原子中最重要的电子一样 |
[00:38] | ‘Cause, you see, | 因为 你们想啊 |
[00:39] | there’s only one electron in a hydrogen atom. | 氢原子只有一个电子 |
[00:46] | Best and brightest, my sweet patootie. | 这也算最优秀最聪明啊 我的老天爷 |
[00:48] | All right, let’s begin. | 好吧 开始上课 |
[00:50] | Show of hands, who here is familiar | 请举手告诉我 在座的哪位 |
[00:52] | with the concept of topological insulators? | 对拓扑绝缘体的概念比较熟悉 |
[00:56] | Don’t kid yourselves. | 别自欺欺人了 |
[01:00] | I found another tweet from a student at Sheldon’s lecture. | 我又看到了一条谢尔顿课上的学生的微博 |
[01:02] | “Dr. Cooper has taken a relatively boring subject | “库珀博士选择的话题相当无聊 |
[01:05] | and managed to make it completely insufferable. | 并且他成功地升级到了令人无法忍受的地步 |
[01:09] | Plus, he looks like a giant insect.” | 另外 他看起来像只大昆虫” |
[01:12] | Look. Listen to this one. | 听着 听听这条 |
[01:14] | “Does Einstein’s theory explain why time flies | “爱因斯坦的理论是不是揭示了为什么 |
[01:17] | when you’re having fun, | 当你快乐时时间飞逝 |
[01:18] | but when you’re listening to Dr. Cooper, | 而当你听库珀博士说话时 |
[01:20] | it falls out of the sky, dead?” | 时间就慢得要命” |
[01:23] | Ooh, somebody took pictures | 有人拍了照 |
[01:24] | and uploaded them to their Flickr account. | 还上传到了Flickr上 |
[01:28] | Wow. | 哇 |
[01:29] | How do you get an entire lecture hall | 你要怎么做才能让整个演讲大厅里的人 |
[01:30] | to flip you off at the same time? | 同时冲你竖中指啊 |
[01:34] | Apparently, if you’re Sheldon, | 显然啊 如果你是谢尔顿的话 |
[01:35] | all you need to do is turn your back. | 你需要做的只是转个身而已 |
[01:38] | Hey, Leonard, is your Wi-Fi down? | 莱纳德 你家Wi-Fi坏了吗 |
[01:40] | I can’t get on. | 我连不上啊 |
[01:41] | Oh, Sheldon changed the password. | 哦 谢尔顿把密码改了 |
[01:42] | It’s now “Penny is a freeloader.” | 现在是”佩妮是个蹭网的” |
[01:46] | No spaces. | 别加空格 |
[01:47] | Thanks. What are you guys doing? | 多谢 你们在干嘛呢 |
[01:49] | Sheldon gave a lecture at the university tonight. | 谢尔顿今晚在学校里上课 |
[01:51] | We’re reading the reviews. | 我们在看评论 |
[01:52] | Oh. How’d he do? | 他表现如何啊 |
[01:53] | Well, picture the Hindenburg meets Chernobyl | 想象一下”兴登堡”号飞艇爆炸加上切尔诺贝利核泄漏 |
[01:55] | meets Three Mile Island meets Tron 2. | 加上三里岛核泄漏再加上《电子世界争霸战2》 |
[01:59] | That bad, huh? | 有那么糟啊 |
[02:00] | Read this woman’s tweet. | 念一下这个女生的微博 |
[02:04] | “Listening to Dr. Cooper | “听库珀博士讲课 |
[02:05] | has made me want to start cutting myself again”” | 让我又想自残了” |
[02:07] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[02:11] | Good evening, Leonard, Howard, Raj, | 晚上好 莱纳德 霍华德 拉杰 |
[02:14] | freeloader. | 蹭网的 |
[02:17] | So, how’d the lecture go? | 课上得怎么样啊 |
[02:18] | In a word, triumphant. | 一言以蔽之 大获全胜啊 |
[02:22] | Really? Triumphant? | 真的吗 大获全胜 |
[02:24] | Oh, yes, you should have seen those young people. | 可不是吗 你们真该亲眼看看那群孩子 |
[02:27] | Thirsty for knowledge, drinking in my wisdom. | 求知若渴 贪婪地聆听我的教诲 |
[02:30] | I may have changed a few lives today. | 我今天也许改变了不少人的人生 |
[02:34] | Oh, please let me tell him. | 求你让我告诉他吧 |
[02:37] | I don’t know, I kind of promised Howard. | 我不知道行不行啊 我答应了霍华德的 |
[02:40] | Tell me what? | 告诉我啥 |
[02:41] | Actually, we should all share the moment. | 其实呢 我们应该一起分享这一刻 |
[02:42] | Raj, if you would. | 拉杰 你来吧 |
[02:46] | Oh, tweets about my lecture. | 关于我的课的微薄啊 |
[02:55] | That’s rather unfair. | 这条很不公平 |
[02:58] | That’s downright cruel. | 这条太伤人了 |
[03:00] | Plus, insects have six legs. | 而且 昆虫都有六条腿 |
[03:03] | Yeah, I’m not familiar with the acronym “KMN”” | 我不是很清楚”KMN”这个缩写是啥意思 |
[03:06] | From the context, we think it means “kill me now.” | 根据语境 我们觉得是”快杀了我吧” |
[03:13] | Well, I suppose everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. | 我觉得每个人都有权表达自己的观点 |
[03:17] | I think I’ll turn in. | 我还是去睡觉吧 |
[03:21] | I didn’t want to teach those poopy heads, anyway. | 反正我也不想教那群榆木脑袋了 |
[03:26] | FYI, I think that’s what Darth Vader said | 顺便说一句 我觉得这句话是达斯·维达 |
[03:26] | 星战情节 | |
[03:29] | just before he started building the Death Star. | 在建造死星之前说的 |
[03:58] | Sheldon still moping? | 谢尔顿还在郁闷吗 |
[03:59] | Yeah, it’s weird. Even though he didn’t want | 是啊 好奇怪 就算他一开始就不想 |
[04:01] | to give the lecture in the first place, | 给这帮学生上课 |
[04:02] | being rejected by those students really hit him hard. | 被他们拒绝还是打击挺大的 |
[04:05] | I know the feeling. | 这感觉我深有体会 |
[04:06] | It’s like accidentally walking into a gay bar | 就好像无意中走进了一家同性恋酒吧 |
[04:08] | and then having no one hit on you. | 然后发现没人对你有兴趣 |
[04:18] | It-It happened to a friend of mine. | 这 这是我一个朋友的经历 |
[04:22] | Are you guys doing okay? | 你们还好吗 |
[04:24] | Leonard and I are fine, | 莱纳德和我还好 |
[04:25] | but I think Raj needs to meet a girl really soon. | 但我觉得拉杰现在真的急需一位小妞 |
[04:29] | Well, that shouldn’t be too hard. | 这不是什么难事 |
[04:30] | He’s such a cutie. | 他这么可爱 |
[04:31] | Thank you, but “cute” is for bunnies. | 谢谢夸奖 但是”可爱”是形容小兔子的 |
[04:33] | I want to be something with sex appeal, | 我想要能吸引异性 |
[04:35] | like… like a labradoodle. | 就像 就像拉布拉多犬一样 |
[04:40] | Labradoodle? | 拉布拉多犬 |
[04:42] | We might be starting to zero in on your problem. | 我们估计得从头考虑你的问题了 |
[04:46] | Don’t you listen to them. | 别听他们的 |
[04:47] | You’ve got plenty of sex appeal. | 你对异性有足够的吸引力 |
[04:49] | You really think so? | 你真这么觉得吗 |
[04:50] | Yeah. You’re a hottie. | 是啊 你好性感哦 |
[04:52] | Well, thanks, Bernadette. | 谢谢 伯纳黛特 |
[04:55] | And just for the record, | 顺便告诉你们 |
[04:57] | labradoodles are hypo-allergenic, | 拉布拉多犬是防过敏的 |
[04:58] | which is a very sexy quality to those troubled by animal dander. | 这对于那些深受动物毛屑困扰的人来说很性感 |
[05:05] | So, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[05:10] | It’s a charming illusion, but it does not cheer me up. | 很炫的视觉效果 但是我还是不高兴 |
[05:13] | Not even when I do this? | 就算我这么做都没用吗 |
[05:21] | No. | 没用 |
[05:24] | Well, that was the last arrow in my quiver of whimsy. | 这是我搞怪的压箱底招了 |
[05:28] | Do you realize that teaching is the first thing | 你知不知道 教书是我自从1989年3月 |
[05:30] | I’ve failed at since my ill-fated attempt | 做引体向上失败以后 |
[05:32] | to complete a chin-up in March of 1989? | 搞砸的第一件事 |
[05:36] | If this humiliating experience | 如果这次丢人的经历 |
[05:37] | is really troubling you, | 真的让你很困扰的话 |
[05:38] | there are things we could do about it. | 我们还是有办法解决的 |
[05:40] | For instance? | 比如 |
[05:42] | Well, the first thing that comes to mind | 首先想到的 |
[05:43] | is isolating the part of your brain | 就是隔离你大脑里 |
[05:45] | where the memory is stored and destroying it with a laser. | 负责存储记忆的部分 然后用激光切掉它 |
[05:49] | Hmm, no. | 嗯 不行 |
[05:51] | One slip of the hand, | 你一不留神 |
[05:52] | and suddenly I’m sitting in the Engineering Department, | 我就只能坐在工程学院里 |
[05:54] | building doodads with Wolowitz. | 和沃罗威茨一起捣鼓些小玩意儿了 |
[05:58] | All right. | 好吧 |
[05:59] | Have you considered improving your socialization skills, | 你有没有考虑过提高你的社交技能呢 |
[06:02] | thus allowing you | 好让你 |
[06:02] | to communicate more effectively with other people? | 更有效地和别人交流 |
[06:04] | Isn’t that their burden? | 这难道不是他们的负担吗 |
[06:06] | I’m the one with something interesting to say. | 我一直都是瞩目的焦点 |
[06:09] | Fair enough, but in its essence, | 没错 但是从本质上来讲 |
[06:11] | teaching is a performance art. | 教书是一门表演艺术 |
[06:13] | In the classroom paradigm, | 在教室这一范例中 |
[06:14] | the teacher has the responsibility to communicate, | 教师有交流的责任 |
[06:17] | as well as entertain and engage. | 也有娱乐和吸引学生的责任 |
[06:20] | I sense that you’re trying to slow-walk me to an epiphany. | 我感觉你在循循善诱啊 |
[06:22] | Would you mind very much jumping to it? | 你为何不直奔主题呢 |
[06:25] | Perhaps you should consider taking acting lessons. | 也许你该考虑一下学学表演 |
[06:28] | Acting lessons. | 学表演 |
[06:30] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[06:32] | It might help if I could act as though I care | 如果我能表现得好像我关心我的学生们 |
[06:34] | about my students and whether or not they learn. | 在意他们学没学会 没准儿还有点儿用 |
[06:40] | Penny. | 佩妮 |
[06:41] | Penny. Penny. | 佩妮 佩妮 |
[06:45] | What? | 干嘛 |
[06:46] | You’re an “actress,” correct? | 你是个”演员” 对吧 |
[06:50] | I’m not an “actress.” | 我不是”演员” |
[06:52] | I’m an actress. | 我就是演员 |
[06:55] | All right. | 好吧 |
[06:56] | You’re an actress. | 你是个演员 |
[06:59] | I need you to teach me. | 我需要你教教我 |
[07:01] | You want an acting lesson? | 你想上一节表演课 |
[07:02] | Perhaps two. I’d like to master the craft. | 没准儿得两节 我想学精一点儿 |
[07:06] | Okay, where is this coming from? | 你怎么忽然想到这个的 |
[07:08] | It has been suggested to me that acting techniques | 有人建议我说 表演技巧 |
[07:12] | could improve my lecturing, at which, | 能够提高我的教学水平 |
[07:14] | if certain tweets and blogs are to be believed, | 如果有人相信那些微博和博客的话 |
[07:16] | I “suck the big one.” | 我貌似”不很擅长教学” |
[07:19] | Yeah, I saw those. They were funny. | 啊 我都看过了 写得很好玩 |
[07:21] | I printed a few out and put ’em on my fridge. | 我还打印了一些出来 贴在冰箱上了 |
[07:24] | So, when could we start? | 那咱们什么时候开始上课 |
[07:26] | Okay, just to be clear. | 好吧 先把话说清楚了 |
[07:27] | You are asking me for help because I know something | 你找我帮忙是因为我会一些 |
[07:30] | that the brilliant Dr. Sheldon Cooper doesn’t. | 你这位聪慧的谢尔顿·库珀博士不会的东西 |
[07:34] | I suppose that’s one way to look at it. | 你这样解释也行 |
[07:37] | I think it’s the only way to look at it. | 我认为这是唯一的解释了 |
[07:40] | Are you going to help me or not? | 你到底帮不帮我嘛 |
[07:41] | Probably. I’m just enjoying the foreplay. | 考虑看看 我只是比较享受这段前戏 |
[07:45] | Does this mean you are done mocking my acting career? | 这是不是就意味着你不会再嘲笑我的演艺事业了 |
[07:47] | Oh, I’m sorry, I thought making the transition | 真不好意思 我以为你由演员 |
[07:50] | from actor to acting teacher | 转变为表演课老师 |
[07:52] | was the signal that one’s career | 就已经意味着 |
[07:53] | had reached the end of the road. | 你的事业走到了尽头了 |
[07:57] | Forget it. | 算了吧 |
[07:58] | I’ll pay you $40. | 我付你四十美金 |
[08:00] | Saturday, 9:00 a.m. Bring cash. | 周六早上九点 带现金来 |
[08:05] | Raj, I have amazing news! | 拉杰 我有好消息要宣布 |
[08:07] | What? | 什么好消息 |
[08:08] | I just got offered a fellowship | 以色列的魏茨曼研究所刚刚通知我 |
[08:09] | at the Weitzmann Institute in Israel. | 他们给我提供了学术奖学金邀我过去 |
[08:11] | – Dude, that’s incredible! – I know. | -伙计 这太棒了 -就是 |
[08:13] | The only thing is, I’m gonna be gone for two years. | 唯一的问题是 我得离开两年 |
[08:16] | Aw, I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[08:18] | Are you going with him? | 你跟他一起去吗 |
[08:19] | I have to stay here for school. | 我得留在这上学 |
[08:20] | That’s what we’re here to talk to you about. | 我们就是来找你谈这件事的 |
[08:22] | You see, Bernadette has needs. | 你知道 伯纳黛特也是有需求的 |
[08:28] | What kind of needs? | 什么需求 |
[08:30] | Sexual needs. | 性需求 |
[08:33] | Most of them regular, | 大部分都还比较正常 |
[08:34] | some of them kind of messed up. | 但也有些比较狂野的 |
[08:40] | So, while I’m gone, | 所以 我不在的时候 |
[08:41] | you’re going to have to satisfy her. | 就得靠你来满足她了 |
[08:45] | What do you say? | 你同意吗 |
[08:48] | I say okey-dokey. | 乐意之至 |
[08:57] | What ya thinking so hard about? | 你这么认真地想什么呢 |
[08:59] | Just that I’m definitely not gay. | 我只是在想我绝对不是同性恋 |
[09:10] | Penny! | 佩妮 |
[09:11] | Penny! Penny! | 佩妮 佩妮 |
[09:14] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[09:15] | Nothing. I was acting. | 没事 我在演戏而已 |
[09:19] | You were acting. | 你在演戏 |
[09:20] | Yes. In preparation for today’s studies, | 没错 我为了今天要上的课做了很多预习 |
[09:23] | I read Stanislavski’s An Actor Prepares, | 我读了斯坦尼斯拉夫斯基的《演员的准备》 |
[09:25] | Stella Adler’s The Technique of Acting, | 斯特拉·阿德勒的《演戏的技术》 |
[09:27] | Uta Hagen’s Respect for Acting, | 犹他·哈根的《尊重表演艺术》 |
[09:29] | and Henry Winkler’s Ayyy, I’m an Actor. | 和亨利·温克勒的《欸, 我是演员》 |
[09:33] | Well, good for you. | 真不错 |
[09:34] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[09:36] | How shall we begin? | 我们怎么开始 |
[09:37] | Well, I thought we’d start | 我认为我们可以 |
[09:39] | with some basic movement exercises. | 先做一些基础的动作练习 |
[09:41] | You know, get our bodies warmed up a little. | 就是稍微热热身 |
[09:43] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:44] | So I just want you to relax | 我想让你放松 |
[09:45] | and kind of move around in the space. | 随意的扭动一下身体 |
[09:47] | You know, just do whatever feels natural. | 你觉得怎么自然就怎么来 |
[09:58] | Sheldon? | 谢尔顿 |
[09:59] | You said to do whatever feels natural. | 你说让我觉得怎么自然就怎么来 |
[10:02] | This feels natural. | 我这样就挺自然的 |
[10:04] | Certainly more natural | 肯定比你在做的那些动作 |
[10:05] | than what you’re doing. | 要自然得多 |
[10:07] | Come on, you got to work with me. | 拜托 你得配合我 |
[10:08] | We need to get connected with our bodies. | 我们要跟我们的身体建立联系 |
[10:10] | Penny, my body and I have a relationship | 佩妮 我和我的身体 |
[10:13] | that works best when we maintain a cool, | 在双方都很酷并且保持一定距离的情况下 |
[10:15] | wary distance from each other. | 才能运作的最好 |
[10:20] | All right, let’s just say we’ve warmed up. | 好吧 就当咱们已经热过身了吧 |
[10:23] | You’re the “teacher” . | 你是”老师” 你说了算 |
[10:26] | Okay. One of the things that might help you | 好吧 你要是想跟你的学生 |
[10:28] | in connecting with your students | 建立沟通 其中一个有效的办法 |
[10:30] | is being a little more spontaneous. | 就是要自然一些 |
[10:32] | So why don’t we try some improvisation? | 所以咱们试试即兴表演怎么样 |
[10:34] | Why not? It seems like | 当然好啦 反正 |
[10:35] | you’re improvising your entire curriculum. | 你整个教学过程也都是在即兴表演 |
[10:39] | This is all about listening and responding. | 这主要练习的就是倾听和反应能力 |
[10:42] | Gotcha. | 明白 |
[10:43] | I’m going to create a character | 我要创造一个角色 |
[10:44] | and a situation, and you just jump in when you feel it. | 和一个场景 你准备好了就加入我的表演 |
[10:46] | – All right. – All right. | -好的 -那开始了 |
[10:48] | Action. | 开拍 |
[10:52] | Okay, it’s not a movie. | 好吧 这不是在演电影 |
[10:53] | It’s improv. So no one calls “action” . | 这只是即兴表演 所以用不着叫”开拍” |
[10:55] | Hey, you taught me something. | 你还真教了我点东西呢 |
[10:58] | Who would have thought it? | 谁能想到会有这么一天 |
[11:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:04] | Uh, no, the shipment has not arrived, | 不 货还没送到呢 |
[11:05] | and I really need those shoes. | 我真的很急着要那批鞋子 |
[11:06] | They are my biggest seller. | 那可是我卖的最好的货 |
[11:08] | Yes, ladies sizes six through ten. | 没错 六到十码的女鞋 |
[11:10] | Thank you. Oh, sorry. | 谢谢 抱歉 |
[11:11] | I have to go. I have a customer. Bye-bye. | 我得挂了 有客人上门了 再见 |
[11:14] | Hi. Can I help you? | 有什么可以帮到你的吗 |
[11:15] | I’d like a frozen yogurt, please. | 请给我来一杯冻酸奶 谢谢 |
[11:22] | Yogurt? | 酸奶 |
[11:24] | Okay, sure. | 好吧 没问题 |
[11:25] | Luckily, we sell both shoes and yogurt here. | 还好我们又卖鞋又卖酸奶 |
[11:30] | You do? | 是吗 |
[11:33] | Yes. Look up at the sign, | 是啊 你抬头看看我们的招牌 |
[11:35] | and remember, improv is always about saying yes. | 你还要记着 即兴表演就是要说是 |
[11:38] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:40] | Yes. | 是耶 |
[11:43] | I see a sign. | 我看到招牌了 |
[11:45] | It says “Camarillo State Mental Hospital” . | 上面写着”卡马里奥州精神病院” |
[11:50] | What? | 什么 |
[11:52] | It’s the only explanation I can come up with | 只有这个理由才能解释 |
[11:54] | for why you think you sell shoes and yogurt. | 你怎么会认为自己又卖鞋又卖酸奶 |
[11:58] | Okay, you know what? | 好吧 这样好了 |
[11:59] | Let’s just try a different improv. Uh.. | 咱们换个即兴表演的主题 |
[12:01] | Oh, this time we will be two winos | 这次咱俩演两个 |
[12:04] | living under a freeway overpass. | 住在高速公路天桥下的酒鬼好了 |
[12:06] | Oh, and we’re going to use props? | 我们都可以用道具了 |
[12:08] | You bet. | 必须的 |
[12:12] | I had dreams, you know. | 我也是有梦想的 知道吗 |
[12:14] | I was gonna be famous. | 我想出名 |
[12:15] | Show everybody back home I could be someone. | 让我家乡的人都看看 我也能出人头地 |
[12:17] | Now look at me. | 可你看看我现在这样 |
[12:20] | Want some? | 喝点吗 |
[12:21] | You have any frozen yogurt? | 你有冻酸奶吗 |
[12:28] | I’m still not adjusted | 我还是不明白 |
[12:29] | to how the SyFy channel spells their name now. | 幻想频道怎么会是这样拼写 |
[12:32] | S-y-F-y. That’s “siffy” . | S-y-F-y 那就成”饭想”了 |
[12:42] | Hello? | 喂 |
[12:45] | Oh, my God! Is he okay? | 天啊 他没事吧 |
[12:47] | – What happened? – Hang on. Hang on. | -出什么事了 -等一下 等一下 |
[12:51] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[12:53] | Howard was on his scooter, and got hit by a truck. | 霍华德骑摩托车的时候被一辆卡车给撞了 |
[12:56] | He’s in critical condition. | 他现在情况危殆 |
[12:58] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[13:02] | Did you hear? | 你们听说了吗 |
[13:03] | Isn’t it terrible? | 太可怕了 |
[13:05] | Have you seen him? | 你见到他了吗 |
[13:06] | They wouldn’t let me in. | 他们不让我进去 |
[13:07] | Oh, my Howie. | 我的霍霍呀 |
[13:10] | It’ll be okay. It’ll be okay. | 不会有事的 不会有事的 |
[13:14] | It’ll be okay. | 不会有事的 |
[13:15] | It’ll be okay. | 不会有事的 |
[13:20] | It’s Howard. | 是霍华德 |
[13:23] | Howard, hello. | 喂 霍华德 |
[13:25] | Raj, is that you? | 拉杰 是你吗 |
[13:28] | Yeah, I’m right here, buddy. How are you? | 是的 我就在这 兄弟 你还好吗 |
[13:30] | Shh, shh. Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[13:31] | I’m not gonna make it. | 我撑不过了 |
[13:33] | No, no, no, don’t say that. | 不 不 不 别这么说 |
[13:34] | You’re going to be all right. | 你会没事的 |
[13:35] | Raj, I don’t have time. Now, pay attention. | 拉杰 我时间不多了 好好听我说 |
[13:39] | My last wish is that you look after Bernadette. | 我最后的愿望就是你要好好照顾伯纳黛特 |
[13:43] | Of course, of course. | 当然了 当然了 |
[13:47] | Now when you say “look after”, you mean… | 不过你说”照顾”是指 |
[13:50] | Sexually. | 性方面的 |
[13:52] | Excuse me, Bernadette. I have to hear it from him. | 对不起 伯纳黛特 我得听他亲口说出来 |
[13:56] | Sexually. | 性需求 |
[13:58] | Got it. Take care. | 哦了 保重啦 |
[14:02] | I guess I have no choice | 我别无选择 |
[14:02] | but to make sweet, guilt-free love to you | 只能在余生 一而再再而三 |
[14:04] | over and over again for the rest of my life. | 毫无罪恶地跟你享受甜蜜爱欲 |
[14:07] | That’s how I heard it. | 这也是我亲耳所闻的 |
[14:15] | Or it could be “sy-fee.” | 又或者可以取名为”幻仙” |
[14:17] | What? | 你说什么 |
[14:18] | S-y-F-y. “Sy-fee.” | S-y-F-y. “幻仙” |
[14:21] | Oh, right. | 好吧 |
[14:23] | Good one. | 给力 |
[14:27] | So, did you get a chance to go over the scene I gave you? | 对了 你有时间看一遍我给你的那部电影吗 |
[14:29] | Yes. I didn’t care for it. | 看了 但是我不喜欢 |
[14:34] | Okay, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is an American classic. | 《朱门巧妇》可是美国经典中的经典 |
[14:37] | So is the McRib sandwich. | 传奇汉堡也是 |
[14:38] | I don’t care for that, either. | 可我照样也不喜欢它 |
[14:43] | Fine. What would you rather do as a scene study? | 好吧 那在场景学习方面 你到底想怎么做 |
[14:46] | I’m glad you asked. | 很高兴你能这么问 |
[14:47] | I took the liberty | 我擅自把我 |
[14:49] | of adapting a Star Trek fan fiction novella | 十岁那年写的《星际迷航》同人小说 |
[14:52] | I wrote when I was ten into a one-act play. | 改编成一部独幕剧 |
[14:57] | And you think it’s better than Tennessee Williams? | 而你觉得比田纳西·威廉姆斯写的强多了 |
[15:00] | Why don’t we leave that for future generations to decide? | 为什么不留给后代去决定呢 |
[15:04] | Where No Sheldon Has Gone Before. | 《那些谢尔顿未曾到过的地方》 |
[15:07] | It’s the story of a young boy who is transported | 这个故事是发生在东德克萨斯州 |
[15:10] | from the ignorant backwoods of East Texas | 在愚昧无知的边远地区 一个少年郎 |
[15:13] | to the 23rd Century, | 被送到二十三世纪 |
[15:15] | where his genius is not only appreciated, but celebrated. | 在那里 他的聪明才智不仅为人赏识 而且被人盛赞 |
[15:20] | KMN… | 杀了我吧 |
[15:23] | Now, in this pivotal scene, | 现在 在这场关键的戏里 |
[15:25] | Sheldon’s mother, played by you, argues with an emissary | 你扮演的谢尔顿的母亲 与星际联邦的特使 |
[15:29] | of the United Federation of Planets, Mr. Spock, | 斯波克先生发生争吵 而斯波克先生 |
[15:32] | the role I will bring to life. | 则由我来生动的展现 |
[15:35] | Okay, that’s fine, but let’s try | 好吧 这样也行 但咱们先试试 |
[15:37] | and get you out of your comfort zone. | 让你脱离你的舒适区 |
[15:39] | Why would we want to do that? | 为什么咱们要这么做 |
[15:41] | It’s called “the comfort zone” for a reason. | “舒适区”之所以这么叫 是有原因的 |
[15:44] | Okay, the whole point of this is to loosen you up a little, | 这么做的原因是让你放松点儿 |
[15:46] | so I’m thinking you’ll play the role of your mother, | 所以我觉得你应该扮演母亲的角色 |
[15:49] | and I will bring life to Mr. Spock. | 而我负责来生动展现斯波克先生 |
[15:58] | I’m sorry. | 我没听错吧 |
[15:59] | You’ll be Spock? | 由你来演斯波克 |
[16:01] | It’s only logical. | 这才符合逻辑[Spock 台词] |
[16:06] | Very well. | 很好 |
[16:08] | I’ll set the scene. | 我来叙述一下背景 |
[16:09] | All right. | 好的 |
[16:11] | “East Texas. | 东德克萨斯州 |
[16:12] | “A warm summer night. | 一个温暖的夏夜 |
[16:14] | “A woman, Mary, | 一个女人 玛丽 |
[16:16] | “stands on a porch. | 站在阳台上 |
[16:17] | In the distance, we hear a lonesome train whistle…” | 从远处传来 火车孤独的汽笛声 |
[16:22] | “The droning buzz of cicadas..”” | 知了单调的嗡嗡声 |
[16:26] | “A coyote howls at the moon, | 一只土狼冲着月亮嗷嚎 |
[16:29] | frightening sensitive young boys everywhere.” | 吓唬着四面八方心灵脆弱的少年郎 |
[16:33] | “Out in the woods, | 在丛林之外 |
[16:34] | – an owl screeches…” – Okay, okay. | -一只猫头鹰发出毛骨悚然的尖叫声 -够了够了 |
[16:36] | We get it. You set the scene. | 我懂了 你的背景叙述得很清楚了 |
[16:38] | Hoo! | 呜呼 |
[16:41] | Now just read your mother’s line. | 快念你母亲角色的台词吧 |
[16:46] | “Shelly! | “谢利 |
[16:47] | “Shelly, how many times have I told you | 谢利 我跟你说过多少遍了 |
[16:50] | “not to leave your sciencey stuff out on the porch? | 别把你的实验工具放在阳台” |
[16:54] | “Goodness, | “天啊 |
[16:55] | “I’ll never understand that boy. | 我永远都不懂这孩子” |
[16:58] | “But then again, I’m a religious nut, | “不过再次声明 我是宗教迷 |
[17:00] | and my mind is closed to so many things.” | 我的心灵已经把太多东西拒之门外了” |
[17:09] | “Spock to Enterprise. Transport successful.” | “斯波克呼叫进取号 发送成功” |
[17:12] | “Glory be to Heaven, | “荣耀归于上天 |
[17:14] | “some sort of creature just manifested out of thin air. | 某种不知名物体突然出现” |
[17:18] | “George, put down that Pepsi can full of bourbon | “乔治 把你那装满威士忌的百事可乐罐放下 |
[17:20] | that ain’t foolin’ no one, and get your shotgun!” | 有时间做模作样 还不如赶紧把抢抗上呢” |
[17:24] | “Greetings, Mary Cooper. | “向你问候 玛丽·库珀 |
[17:26] | I am Spock.” | 我是斯波克” |
[17:31] | I’m sorry. I just don’t buy it. | 抱歉 我还是接受不了 |
[17:34] | Just keep going! | 别停 继续演 |
[17:37] | “Oh, my, your sudden appearance startles me.” | “天啊 你的突然出现吓坏我了” |
[17:40] | “We have been monitoring your son Sheldon | “我们在遥远的二十三世纪里 |
[17:42] | “from the 23rd Century, and | 一直密切关注着你的儿子 谢尔顿” |
[17:44] | “we have determined that he is now ready | “我们认为他现在已经够格 |
[17:46] | “to join us. | 加入我们的行列” |
[17:47] | “His unique genius is our best hope | “他独一无二的聪明才智 是能给我们 |
[17:49] | for bringing peace to a vast and troubled galaxy.” | 广阔而混乱的星系 带来和平的最大希望” |
[17:52] | “I understand. | “我懂” |
[17:55] | “Oh, Shelly? | “谢利 |
[17:56] | “A man’s here to take you away to the future! | 有个男人说要把你带去未来 |
[17:59] | Be sure to pack clean underwear.” | 收拾的时候 记得带上干净的内裤哦” |
[18:02] | Okay, okay, let’s try that last line again, | 好 很好 咱们再试试最后那段台词 |
[18:04] | and this time, maybe try choking up a little. | 这次你可以试着稍微带点哽咽 |
[18:06] | Why? | 为毛 |
[18:07] | Well, you’re losing your son. | 你都快失去自己儿子了 |
[18:09] | Yes, but he’s going to a better place | 没错 但是他将要去一个更好的地方 |
[18:11] | where he won’t get beat up… so much. | 在那里他不会被人打击得 那么厉害 |
[18:15] | All right, come on, just try it my way. | 拜托啦 试着按我说的演一把 |
[18:16] | Pretend you’re sad to see him go. | 假装你很舍不得他走 |
[18:17] | I’m gonna lead you in. | 我会带你入戏的 |
[18:20] | “His unique genius is our best hope | “他独一无二的聪明才智 是能给我们 |
[18:22] | for bringing peace to a vast and troubled galaxy.” | 广阔而混乱的星系 带来和平的最大希望” |
[18:27] | – That’s your cue. – I’m sorry. I just love that line. | -该你了 -抱歉 即使你演技浮夸了点 |
[18:32] | Even the way you do it. | 但我依然爱这句台词爱到死 |
[18:35] | All right, come on, come on. | 算了 快点 快点 |
[18:36] | Put some real emotion into it. | 放点真感情进去 |
[18:37] | Blah-blah, blah, blah… | 此处省略23个字 |
[18:38] | “vast and troubled galaxy.” Go. | 从”带来和平的最大希望” 开始 |
[18:41] | “Oh, Shelly? | “谢利 |
[18:42] | A man’s here to take you away to the future”” | 有个男人说要把你带去未来 |
[18:49] | “Be sure to pack clean underwear.” | 收拾的时候 记得带上干净的内裤哦” |
[18:52] | That’s good. That’s good. That’s good. | 很好很好 做得不错 |
[18:56] | Mommy, why are you crying? | 妈咪 你为什么哭 |
[18:59] | ‘Cause I’m gonna miss you, Shelly-bean, | 因为我会很想你 谢利豆 |
[19:01] | even though you creep the bugeeses out of me. | 即使你总是吓死我 |
[19:04] | Okay, I guess we’re improvising now. | 好 我猜现在开始即兴表演了 |
[19:07] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:08] | It’s not my fault. | 这不能怪我 |
[19:09] | I’m just incredibly smart, | 我只是太过聪明了 |
[19:11] | and everyone around here is dumber than a bag of rocks. | 而这里的每一个人 都蠢得跟一坨大便一样 |
[19:14] | Oh, now, don’t you start crying. | 又来了 你怎么又哭上了 |
[19:16] | You get in that spaceship. | 你快上那艘破飞船 |
[19:17] | Mommy’s late for Indian bingo. | 妈咪去赌场要迟到了 |
[19:22] | Mrs. Cooper, hey, it’s Penny. | 库珀太太 我是佩妮 |
[19:24] | Yeah, I think I broke your son. | 我想我让你儿子崩溃了 |
[19:27] | Hey, hold on. | 等等 |
[19:28] | Talk to your mother. | 你妈咪的电话 |
[19:30] | Mommy, I love you. | 妈咪 我爱你 |
[19:32] | Don’t let Spock take me to the future! | 拜托别让斯波克把我带去未来 |
[19:41] | Hey, Raj, | 拉杰 |
[19:42] | I know you’ve been avoiding me and Howard, | 我知道你在刻意避开我和霍华德 |
[19:44] | and I’m not leaving until you tell me what’s going on | 除非你告诉我 你的小脑袋到底在想什么 |
[19:46] | inside that little head of yours. | 否则我是不会走的 |
[19:57] | * Like the wild elephant * | * 就象狂野的大象 * |
[19:59] | * I am trumpeting my love for you * | * 我要大声宣告我对你的爱 * |
[20:02] | * Like a hidden flower * | * 就像隐藏的鲜花 * |
[20:03] | * My sweet fragrance comes into view * | * 我香甜的芬芳要开启你全新的视觉 * |
[20:15] | * My heart burns for you like the sun at noon * | * 我的心好比正午的太阳 为你而炙热发烫 * |
[20:19] | * My desert welcomes you like the rainy monsoon * | * 我的心好比热情的沙漠 迎接你这场及时雨* |
[20:23] | * You are my heart * | * 你是我的小心肝 * |
[20:26] | * My universe * | * 主宰我的小宇宙 * |
[20:28] | * You are my heart * | * 你是我的小心肝 * |
[20:30] | * My universe * | * 主宰我的小宇宙 * |
[20:32] | * My universe * | * 主宰我的小宇宙 * |
[20:35] | * You are my heart * | * 你是我的小心肝 * |
[20:37] | * My universe * | * 主宰我的小宇宙 * |
[20:39] | * You are my heart * | * 你是我的小心肝 * |
[20:41] | * My universe * | * 主宰我的小宇宙 * |
[20:43] | * You are my heart * | * 你是我的小心肝 * |
[20:46] | * My universe * | * 主宰我的小宇宙 * |
[20:48] | * My universe * | * 主宰我的小宇宙 * |
[20:59] | Dance number aside, I’m so not gay. | 撇开宝莱坞式歌舞不说 哥绝对不是小基佬 |