时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | All right, I’m ready for my next question. | 好的 我准备好答下道题目了 |
[00:06] | In a world where rhinoceroses are domesticated pets, | 在一个犀牛被当宠物养的世界中 |
[00:10] | who wins the Second World War? | 谁将赢得第二次世界大战 |
[00:14] | Uganda. | 乌干达 |
[00:16] | Defend. | 理由 |
[00:17] | Kenya rises to power on the export of rhinoceroses. | 肯尼亚会因出口犀牛而崛起 |
[00:20] | A Central African power block is formed, | 在中非成为一个强大的政权 |
[00:23] | colonizing North Africa and Europe. | 并殖民统治北非和欧洲 |
[00:25] | When war breaks out, no one can afford the luxury of a rhino. | 战争爆发后 谁也负担不起养犀牛的这份奢侈 |
[00:28] | Kenya withers, Uganda triumphs. | 肯尼亚衰落 乌干达雄起 |
[00:33] | Correct. | 回答正确 |
[00:34] | My turn. | 轮到我了 |
[00:37] | In a world where a piano is a weapon, not a musical instrument, | 在一个钢琴被当做武器而不是乐器的世界中 |
[00:41] | on what does Scott Joplin play “The Maple Leaf Rag”? | 斯科特·乔普林会用什么来演奏《枫叶爵士》 |
[00:45] | Tuned bayonets. | 调谐刺刀 |
[00:48] | Defend. | 理由 |
[00:49] | Isn’t it obvious? | 理由不是显而易见吗 |
[00:50] | You’re right. My apologies. | 你说得对 我的错 |
[00:54] | What the hell are you guys playing? | 你们俩在玩什么鬼游戏呢 |
[00:57] | It’s a game we invented. | 这是我们发明的一个游戏 |
[00:59] | It’s called Counterfactuals. | 我们称它为”反事实游戏” |
[01:01] | We postulate an alternate world that differs from ours | 我们假定一个在某关键方面不同于这里的世界 |
[01:04] | in one key aspect and then pose questions to each other. | 然后互相就此发问 |
[01:06] | It’s fun for ages eight to 80. | 本游戏适合8至80岁人士 |
[01:08] | Join us. | 一起来玩吧 |
[01:09] | All right. | 好吧 |
[01:11] | I like a good brainteaser. | 我也喜欢脑筋急转弯 |
[01:12] | Give it a whirl. | 我来试试吧 |
[01:14] | You’re in luck, this is an easy one. | 你走运了 这道简单 |
[01:15] | In a world where mankind is ruled by a giant intelligent beaver, | 在一个人类被高智商巨形海狸统治的世界中 |
[01:21] | what food is no longer consumed? | 哪种食物再也吃不到了 |
[01:23] | Uh… a BLT where the “B” stands for beaver? | BLT[培根生菜番茄三明治]吗 其中B代表海狸 |
[01:28] | I don’t know. | 我也说不准 |
[01:29] | Leonard, be serious. | 莱纳德 认真点 |
[01:32] | We’re playing a game here. | 我们在玩游戏呢 |
[01:34] | I can figure this out. Let’s see. | 我能答出来的 让我想想 |
[01:36] | Um, well, beavers eat tree bark. | 海狸以树皮喂食 |
[01:39] | The only tree bark I know that humans consume is cinnamon. | 我唯一了解的人类用得着树皮的食物是肉桂 |
[01:43] | So, I’ll say cinnamon. | 所以我说是肉桂 |
[01:44] | Incorrect. | 错误 |
[01:45] | Obviously, the answer is cheese Danish. | 答案很明显是芝士丹麦酥 |
[01:48] | What? | 你说啥 |
[01:50] | In a world ruled by a giant beaver, | 在一个被巨形海狸统治的世界中 |
[01:52] | mankind builds many dams to please the beaver overlord. | 人类为取悦海狸的统治会修建许多水坝 |
[01:56] | The low-lying city of Copenhagen is flooded. | 哥本哈根因地势低洼会遭遇洪灾 |
[01:58] | Thousands die. | 数万人会死去 |
[01:59] | Devastated, the Danes never invent their namesake pastry. | 更毁灭的是 丹麦人却从未以自己的名字给糕点命名 |
[02:07] | How does one miss that? | 怎么会有人连这个都想不到呢 |
[02:09] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[02:11] | You’re just making stuff up. | 你们这是在捏造答案 |
[02:13] | Is he always like this when he loses? | 他输的时候总这样吗 |
[02:15] | Oh, yes. | 那当然了 |
[02:16] | You should’ve been here for the great giant tantrum of 2008. | 你要是能目睹08年讨论巨形野牛时的景象就好了 |
[02:22] | You bumped the table and you know it. | 你掀的桌子 自己清楚 |
[02:27] | Perhaps it would be kinder to play a game more suited to his abilities. | 或许我们应该玩个更适合他能力的游戏 |
[02:32] | We’ll close our eyes and count to ten while you hide. | 等会儿你躲猫猫的时候 我们会闭眼数到10 |
[02:36] | I’m going to my room. | 我回屋了 |
[02:38] | Very good, Leonard. | 很好 莱纳德 |
[02:39] | But next time, don’t tell us where you’re hiding. | 但下次你藏哪里无需提前告诉我们 |
[03:10] | Did you guys see the paper in The American Physics Journal on supersolids? | 你们看到《美国物理学报》关于超固体的论文了吗 |
[03:13] | It’s pretty interesting. | 挺有趣的 |
[03:14] | This guy’s working from a hypothesis where… | 这个人从假说… |
[03:16] | Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert. | 剧透警报 剧透警报 |
[03:18] | – What? – Don’t ruin it for me, man. | -咋了 -别提前爆料 |
[03:20] | I printed out a PDF to read on the potty. | 我为了边蹲便壶边看把PDF文件都打出来了 |
[03:23] | On the potty? What are you, five? | 便壶 你多大了 五岁吗 |
[03:25] | It’s a potty. What do you call it? | 就是便便的地方嘛 不然你说该叫什么 |
[03:27] | Toilet. | 厕所 |
[03:28] | That’s a little vulgar for the dinner table, don’t you think? | 晚饭桌上这么叫不觉得有点粗俗了吗 |
[03:30] | Oh, and “potty” is okay? | 那”便壶”就不俗了吗 |
[03:32] | “Potty” is innocent. “Potty” is adorable. | “便壶”多纯真 多可爱啊 |
[03:34] | What do you do in the potty, wee-wee? | 那你去便便的地方干啥 嘘嘘吗 |
[03:37] | If I don’t have to boom-boom. | 如果我不必”嘣嘣”[大便]的话 |
[03:40] | Greetings. | 各位好 |
[03:41] | You all remember Amy Farrah Fowler. | 你们都记得艾米·菲拉·福勒吧 |
[03:44] | – Nice to see you. – Hello. | -见到你很高兴 -你好 |
[03:45] | Sorry we’re late. | 抱歉我们迟到了 |
[03:46] | I must take responsibility. | 对此我必须得承担责任 |
[03:48] | I had to stop for feminine hygiene supplies. | 我不得不半路上买点女性卫生用品 |
[03:50] | – Aha. – Okay. | -这样啊 -了解 |
[03:51] | I believe she’s experiencing her menses. | 我认为她正在经期当中 |
[03:54] | Actually, I’m not. | 实际上 还没到时候 |
[03:55] | In order to avoid surprises, I wear them all the time. | 但为了避免意外 我得时刻带着卫生巾 |
[03:57] | – Aha. – Okay. | -理解 -非常了解 |
[03:59] | “Toilet’s” sounding pretty good now, huh? | 厕所现在听起来顺耳多了是吧 |
[04:03] | Hey, look, it’s Shamy. | 瞧啊 这不是谢米嘛 |
[04:06] | Shamy? | 谢米 |
[04:07] | A juvenile amalgamation of our names. | 一个幼稚地混合我们名字的做法而已 |
[04:10] | Sheldon, Amy– Shamy. | 谢尔顿 艾米 “谢米” |
[04:13] | Oh. | 这样啊 |
[04:14] | I don’t like that. Don’t do that. | 我不喜欢 以后别这么叫了 |
[04:18] | All righty. What’s new? | 好吧 有什么新鲜事吗 |
[04:19] | Well, just recently, I learned that you refer to us as Shamy, | 我刚才得知你称呼我们为”谢米” |
[04:22] | and I don’t like that. | 而我并不喜欢 |
[04:23] | I got it. But what I was going for was, you know, how’s your life? | 我了解了 但我想问的其实是你生活上的新鲜事 |
[04:28] | Like everybody else’s. | 跟普通人没什么两样 |
[04:29] | Subject to entropy, decay and eventual death. | 经历着万物的成长 衰败和最终的死亡 |
[04:34] | Thank you for asking. | 谢谢你的问候 |
[04:35] | Why is she not taking our order? | 为何她还没有给我们点餐呢 |
[04:37] | I should’ve warned you, | 我应该提前通知你的 |
[04:38] | one has to navigate a labyrinth of social nonsense | 如果想在这里用餐前 必须要经历连串 |
[04:42] | before one can be fed here. | 繁杂而无用的寒暄 |
[04:43] | Really? I assumed an establishment called | 是吗 我以为既然起名叫芝士”工厂” |
[04:46] | the Cheesecake Factory would function more efficiently. | 做事就能更有效率呢 |
[04:49] | It’s how they lure you in. | 那是它们诱骗你来的伎俩 |
[04:51] | I believe it’s called “bait and switch.” | 我想这应该称为”诱饵推销法” |
[04:54] | Okay, I’m just gonna walk away, | 好吧 我还是遁走好了 |
[04:56] | ’cause… I don’t want to be here. | 因为 我不想待在这了 |
[05:02] | So, this is nice. | 这真不错啊 |
[05:04] | First time we’ve all gotten together to eat. | 我们第一次齐聚一堂来吃顿饭 |
[05:06] | You’re right, he’s a festival of humdrum chitchat. | 你说得对 他果然在进行无聊的饭前寒暄 |
[05:10] | Okay, that’s all I got. | 好吧 我没辙了 |
[05:12] | Howard, you’re up. | 霍华德 你上 |
[05:14] | Um… tell us about your work, Amy. | 谈谈你的工作吧 艾米 |
[05:18] | I doubt you’d understand. | 我怀疑你听不听得懂 |
[05:19] | Sheldon tells me you only have a master’s degree. | 谢尔顿告诉我你只有个硕士学位 |
[05:24] | Raj, do you have any questions for Amy? | 拉杰 你有没有问题问艾米 |
[05:29] | I’m curious as to why we’re not eating alone. | 我很好奇 我们怎么不单独吃饭 |
[05:33] | They can’t function without me. | 他们离不开我 |
[05:35] | I’m the social glue that holds this little group together. | 我是凝聚这个小团体的粘合剂 |
[05:40] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢我 |
[05:44] | Listen, can I talk to you about your girlfriend? | 我能跟你谈谈你的女朋友吗 |
[05:46] | She’s not my girlfriend. | 她不是我的女朋友 |
[05:48] | She’s a girl and she’s my friend, | 她是女生 也是我朋友 |
[05:50] | but there’s no touching or unsanitary exchange of saliva. | 但绝对没有触摸或不洁的交换唾液 |
[05:56] | Got it. | 明白 |
[05:57] | Although, for the record, on one occasion, | 不过 倒是有一次 |
[05:59] | she licked her thumb to remove raspberry jelly | 她舔了一下拇指 然后帮我抹掉 |
[06:01] | from the corner of my mouth. | 嘴角上的树莓果冻 |
[06:03] | It’s an action we both regret to this day. | 我们今天都为此后悔不已 |
[06:06] | Uh-huh. | 明白 |
[06:07] | Anyway, I’m not sure she’s the best fit | 不过 我觉得她不太适合 |
[06:09] | for our little– how should we call it– rebel alliance. | 我们这个 怎么说呢 反抗军[星球大战] |
[06:13] | Oh, I never identified with the rebel alliance. | 我一直不认同反抗军 |
[06:16] | Despite their tendency to build Death Stars, | 尽管他们想建造死亡星球 |
[06:19] | I’ve always been more of an empire man. | 我一直支持银河帝国 |
[06:23] | Yeah, not my point. | 那不是我想说的 |
[06:24] | I know what your point is. | 我知道你想说什么 |
[06:25] | You’re intimidated by Amy’s intellect. | 你们被艾米的智慧吓着了 |
[06:27] | To that I say, buck up. | 我只能说 振作点 |
[06:30] | Okay, let me just get right to it. | 我直接说吧 |
[06:32] | Amy is judgmental, sanctimonious and frankly… | 艾米很爱批评人 假正经 而且 |
[06:35] | just obnoxious. | 很讨人厌 |
[06:38] | So? | 那又如何 |
[06:40] | So we already have you for all that. | 我们已经要忍受这样一个你了 |
[06:44] | Are you suggesting I terminate my relationship with Amy? | 你这是建议我停止和艾米交往吗 |
[06:47] | No, no, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[06:49] | Just have your relationship someplace else. | 只是去别的地方交往 |
[06:52] | May I point out that for eight long months, | 那我可得指出 我忍气吞声整整八个月 |
[06:55] | I suffered in silence as your female companion | 忍受你女朋友在咱家 |
[06:58] | filled our apartment with her off-key country music caterwauling, | 大声唱跑调的乡村音乐 |
[07:03] | the unappetizing spectacle of her grinding a pumice stone | 毫不知羞地在咱客厅 |
[07:07] | against her calloused feet in our living room, | 用浮石磨长满老茧的脚 |
[07:10] | and night after night of uninformative | 一夜接一夜地看 |
[07:12] | TV documentaries about the Jersey Shore. | 毫无内涵的电视剧《泽西海滩》 |
[07:17] | Suffered in silence? | 忍气吞声 |
[07:20] | Yes. | 没错 |
[07:24] | And I’d thank you to do the same. | 我希望你也能这么做 |
[07:28] | Reall– Silence?! | 有没有搞错 忍气吞声 |
[07:34] | Nothing makes beer taste better | 落基山脉清凉的泉水 |
[07:36] | than cool clear Rocky Mountain spring water. | 最能带出啤酒的味道 |
[07:41] | Where are the Rocky Mountains, anyway? | 话说 落基山脉在哪啊 |
[07:45] | Philadelphia. | 费城[实际不是] |
[07:47] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[07:48] | I thought they were out West someplace. | 我以为在西部呢 |
[07:49] | Think about it, Raj. | 这样想 拉杰 |
[07:51] | Where did the movie Rocky take place? | 电影《洛奇》的故事发生在哪里 |
[07:54] | Philadelphia. | 费城 |
[07:56] | Okay, now I get it. | 我明白了 |
[08:00] | So this is the plan? | 这就是咱的计划吗 |
[08:01] | From now on, | 从今天起 |
[08:02] | we’re just gonna hide out in here to avoid the Shamy? | 我们就藏这里躲避谢米吗 |
[08:05] | I’m very comfortable here. | 我觉得这里很舒服 |
[08:07] | Penny, dear, why don’t you shoot another silver bullet my way? | 佩妮亲爱的 再给我来一剂”万灵弹”吧 |
[08:11] | Get one yourself. | 自己拿去 |
[08:13] | Ooh, somebody’s been taking bitchy pills. | 某人吃了泼妇药哦 |
[08:16] | God, he’s an ass when he drinks. | 老天 他喝了酒真混蛋 |
[08:20] | Oh, he’s an ass when he doesn’t. | 他没喝酒也混蛋 |
[08:21] | You just don’t hear it. | 你只是没听到 |
[08:24] | Think we need to start entertaining the possibility | 我们得考虑谢米恋 |
[08:27] | that the Shamy could go on for years. | 发展数年的可能性 |
[08:28] | Well, if that’s the case, Penny will have to get satellite TV | 那样的话 佩妮得装卫星电视 |
[08:31] | and maybe once a week run a vacuum through this place. | 而且每周吸一吸灰尘 |
[08:38] | I thought you were going to talk to Sheldon. | 你不是要跟谢尔顿谈吗 |
[08:40] | – I did. – Well, what’d he say? | -谈了 -他怎么说 |
[08:42] | Well, he pointed out that he kinda sorta had to… | 他指出他过去有点必须 |
[08:44] | put up with you. | 忍受你 |
[08:45] | Kinda sorta had to? | 有点必须 |
[08:47] | I didn’t agree with him. | 我没同意他的说法 |
[08:49] | Well, you defended me, right? | 你帮我反驳了吧 |
[08:50] | I tried, but… | 我试了 不过 |
[08:55] | …he made a fairly well-reasoned argument. | 他说的理由太充分了 |
[08:59] | You’re not doing that right. | 你磨得不对 |
[09:02] | What? | 什么 |
[09:03] | Gimme. | 给我 |
[09:04] | – No. – Trust me. | -不要 -相信我 |
[09:05] | – No! – I do this for my mom all the time. | -不要 -我一直帮我妈磨脚 |
[09:10] | See? | 看到没 |
[09:11] | With the grain. | 要顺着纹路摩 |
[09:14] | Wow, that is better. | 哇 确实好很多 |
[09:16] | And someday, when you have varicose veins, | 改天 你要是得了静脉曲张 |
[09:19] | I’ll show you how to massage them. | 我再教你怎么推拿 |
[09:24] | Oh, God, never again. | 天呐 没有下次了 |
[09:27] | I assume by “never again,” you mean never again will you drink | 你的”没有下次”应该是指不再 |
[09:30] | all of Penny’s beer, then run down to the gas station | 喝完佩妮的啤酒后跑去加油站 |
[09:33] | for a couple of 40s, a box of Slim Jims | 买两瓶40s啤酒 一盒肉条 |
[09:35] | and the latest issue of Bombay Badonkadonks. | 还有最新一期的《孟买美妞翘臀》吧 |
[09:40] | I was homesick. | 人家想家了嘛 |
[09:42] | The highlight of the evening was when you showed us | 当晚最精彩的就是你展示 |
[09:44] | your Bollywood break dancing skills. | 你的宝莱坞霹雳舞技 |
[09:54] | That’s very offensive. | 你这样很没礼貌 |
[09:56] | Yeah, we all thought so. | 没错 我们当时也这么想 |
[09:58] | Oh, no. | 晕 |
[10:00] | What? | 怎么了 |
[10:01] | It’s John and Yoko. | 约翰和洋子来了[列侬夫妇] |
[10:04] | More like Yoko and Yoko. | 更像洋子和洋子 |
[10:07] | Greetings. Hey. | 大家好 |
[10:08] | I brought Amy here | 我带了艾米来 |
[10:09] | to show her some of the work I’m doing. | 看看我的工作 |
[10:12] | It’s very impressive, for theoretical work. | 对于理论工作来说 很不错了 |
[10:16] | Do I detect a hint of condescension? | 我好像察觉出一点屈就的意味 |
[10:18] | I’m sorry, was I being too subtle? | 抱歉 我说得太间接了吗 |
[10:22] | I meant compared to the real-world applications | 我是指跟神经生物学 |
[10:24] | of neurobiology, theoretical physics is– | 在现实中的应用相比 理论物理就是 |
[10:26] | what’s the word I’m looking for?– hmm, cute. | 怎么说好呢 小巫见大巫 |
[10:30] | Are you suggesting the work of a neurobiologist | 你这是暗指神经生物学家的成就 |
[10:34] | like Babinski could ever rise to the significance | 例如巴宾斯基 能上升到物理学家 |
[10:37] | of a physicist like Clark Maxwell or Dirac? | 例如克拉克·麦克斯韦或狄拉克的层面 |
[10:41] | I’m stating it outright. | 直截了当地说 |
[10:42] | Babinski eats Dirac for breakfast | 巴宾斯基把狄拉克当早餐 |
[10:44] | and defecates Clarke-Maxwell. | 再排泄出克拉克·麦克斯韦 |
[10:49] | You take that back. | 你给我收回那话 |
[10:53] | Absolutely not. | 绝不 |
[10:54] | My colleagues and I are mapping | 我和同事们正在绘制 |
[10:55] | the neurological substrates that subserve | 神经基质 有利于 |
[10:57] | global information processing, | 促进全球信息处理 |
[10:58] | which is required for all cognitive reasoning, | 这种研究既要求认知推理 |
[11:00] | including scientific inquiry, making my research ipso facto | 也包括科学探索 由此事实可见 |
[11:04] | prior in the ordo cognoscendi. | 我的研究在认知序列上更高一层 |
[11:06] | That means it’s better than his research, | 这就说明比他的研究更高级 |
[11:08] | and by extension, of course, yours. | 由此可推 当然也胜过你们 |
[11:13] | I’m sorry, I’m-I’m still trying | 不好意思 我的大脑 |
[11:15] | to work on the defecating Clark Maxwell, so… | 还停留在理解排泄克拉克·麦克斯韦上 |
[11:20] | Excuse me, but a grand unified theory, | 不好意思 但是统一场理论 |
[11:24] | insofar as it explains everything, | 在一定程度上解释了万物 |
[11:26] | will ipso facto explain neurobiology. | 由此事实可见 也能解释神经生物学 |
[11:30] | Yes, but if I’m successful, | 是没错 但要是我成功了 |
[11:31] | I will be able to map and reproduce your thought processes | 我就能绘制和再现你演算出 |
[11:34] | in deriving a grand unified theory, | 统一场理论的思维加工过程 |
[11:36] | and therefore, subsume your conclusions under my paradigm. | 因此 你的结论也得纳入我的范式 |
[11:38] | That’s the rankest psychologism, | 那是卑劣的心理主义 |
[11:42] | and was conclusively revealed as hogwash | 早在19世纪90年代就被费雷格 |
[11:44] | by Gottlob Frege in the 1890s! | 板上钉钉为是胡言乱语 |
[11:46] | We appear to have reached an impasse. | 看来我们陷入了僵局 |
[11:50] | I agree. | 同意 |
[11:51] | I move our relationship terminate immediately. | 我决定立即终止我俩的关系 |
[11:55] | Seconded. | 赞同 |
[11:57] | There being no objections… | 还有异议吗 |
[12:01] | …the motion carries. | 那么立即执行 |
[12:02] | Good day, Amy Farrah Fowler. | 日安 艾米·菲拉·福勒 |
[12:04] | Good day, Sheldon Cooper. | 日安 谢尔顿·库珀 |
[12:11] | Women, huh? | 女人哈 |
[12:12] | Can’t live with them, | 没法和她们过日子 |
[12:14] | can’t successfully refute their hypotheses. | 也没法反驳她们的各种假设 |
[12:17] | Amen to that. | 上帝保佑 |
[12:26] | Hey, Sheldon. | 好呀 谢尔顿 |
[12:27] | Hello. | 你好 |
[12:30] | I hear you broke up with Amy. | 听说你和艾米分手了 |
[12:33] | A breakup would imply she was my girlfriend. | 说”分手”的话就说明她是我女朋友 |
[12:37] | She was a girl who was my friend | 她是个女孩 曾经是我朋友 |
[12:39] | who is now a girl who is not my friend. | 现在她还是个女孩 但不是我朋友了 |
[12:42] | Wow. That’s like the worst country song ever. | 听着像史上最烂乡村民谣 |
[12:48] | So, how are you doing? | 你感觉如何 |
[12:50] | Regarding what? | 什么感觉 |
[12:51] | Amy. | 和艾米分手 |
[12:53] | I don’t follow. | 我不懂 |
[12:55] | Well, breakups– or whatever the hell this is– can be tough. | 分手…不管你怎么叫 总是很难受的 |
[13:00] | Penny, I assure you, I’m fine. | 佩妮 放心 我没事 |
[13:02] | My relationship with Amy was purely intellectual, | 我和艾米只是纯粹智力上的关系 |
[13:05] | There were no emotional bonds, | 没有丝毫感情色彩 |
[13:08] | the severing of which would cause me any discomfort. | 所以我也没有任何痛苦 |
[13:10] | The relationship simply outlived its utility, | 这段关系只是失去效用罢了 |
[13:13] | and I’m continuing on with my life as before. | 我也像从前一样继续生活 |
[13:16] | Okay. Good. | 好吧 不错 |
[13:17] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to buy a pussycat. | 我得先走了 要去买一只小猫咪 |
[13:23] | I gotta tell you guys, | 这事儿必须跟你们说一下 |
[13:25] | I’m a little worried about Sheldon. | 我有点担心谢尔顿 |
[13:27] | We’re all a little worried about Sheldon. | 我们都有点担心谢尔顿 |
[13:30] | No, I mean since the Shamy hit a reef. | 我是说自从谢米恋搁浅后 |
[13:33] | Oh, I thought you were just making a generalization: | 我还以为你是一概而论呢 |
[13:35] | “You know, I’m worried about Sheldon | “我担心谢尔顿 可能他某天” |
[13:36] | “someday setting off a low-yield nuclear device | 会因为在咖啡馆吃不到酸橙果冻 |
[13:38] | because the cafeteria ran out of lime Jell-O.” | 就去引爆一个低爆炸力核装置 |
[13:42] | What does “hit a reef” mean? | 搁浅是啥意思 |
[13:44] | Uh, went splitsville. | 一拍两散 |
[13:45] | Pardon? | 啥 |
[13:46] | Turned to boom-boom. | 就是”屎了” |
[13:50] | I think Sheldon really misses Amy. | 我觉得谢尔顿真的很想念艾米 |
[13:53] | You should lend him your copy of Bombay Badonkadonks. | 你该把你的那本《孟买美妞翘臀》借给他 |
[13:57] | He got a cat to keep him company. | 他找了只猫作伴 |
[13:59] | You’re kidding. | 不是吧 |
[14:00] | He takes it everywhere: | 他上哪儿都带着 |
[14:02] | to bed, to the bathroom. | 不管是卧室还是洗手间 |
[14:03] | He takes the kitty to the potty? | 他带猫咪用便壶吗 |
[14:05] | I thought we discussed the P-word. | 我们不是说好不用这词儿了么 |
[14:08] | Don’t try to change me, dude. | 别想着改变我 老兄 |
[14:10] | I am what I am. | 哥就是哥 |
[14:12] | Oh, gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[14:15] | Hey. Aren’t you going to introduce us | 不给我们介绍下 |
[14:17] | to your little friend? | 你的小伙伴吗 |
[14:19] | My apologies. | 不好意思 |
[14:20] | Raj, Howard, I’d like you to meet Dr. Robert Oppenheimer. | 拉杰 霍华德 这位是罗伯特·奥本海默博士 |
[14:26] | Hello. Hi. | 你好 |
[14:28] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 失陪一下 |
[14:29] | the father of the atomic bomb wants a saucer of milk. | 原子弹之父现在要来一碟牛奶 |
[14:35] | Okay, I get it. We’re worried about Sheldon. | 我懂了 的确该担心谢尔顿 |
[14:37] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[14:41] | Hey. | 回来了 |
[14:43] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[14:46] | Robert Oppenheimer was lonely. | 奥本海默太孤单了 |
[14:48] | So you decided to get the whole Manhattan Project? | 所以你要把整个曼哈顿计划的人都找来吗 |
[14:52] | Yes. This is Enrico Fermi, Richard Feynman, | 对 这位是恩里科·费米 理查德·费曼 |
[14:56] | Edward Teller, | 爱德华·泰勒 |
[14:56] | Otto Frisch | 奥托·弗里希 |
[14:58] | and Zazzles. | 还有犀利哥 |
[15:01] | Zazzles? | 什么鬼名字 |
[15:02] | I was going to name him Hermann von Helmholtz, | 我本想给他取名为赫尔曼·冯·赫尔姆霍兹 |
[15:04] | but he’s so zazzy. | 但他实在太犀利了 |
[15:09] | Okay, we need to talk. | 好吧 我们得谈谈 |
[15:12] | About what? | 谈什么 |
[15:14] | Cats, Sheldon. | 猫呗 谢尔顿 |
[15:15] | You’re clearly upset about Amy being gone, | 显然艾米走后 你很难受 |
[15:17] | and you’re trying to replace her with a bunch of cats. | 所以你想用一堆猫来代替她 |
[15:19] | – Clowder. – What? | -一群猫 -啥 |
[15:21] | A group of cats is a clowder. Or a glaring. | 不用一堆 而要用一群 或者是一窝子 |
[15:24] | Okay, yeah, fine. | 好吧 我懂了 |
[15:25] | It’s the kind of thing you ought to know | 既然我们现在与猫为伍 |
[15:27] | now that we have one. | 我觉得有必要给你扫盲一下 |
[15:29] | Terrific. My point is, you need to face up | 很好很强大 我的意思是 |
[15:32] | to what you’re feeling with this breakup. | 你得坦然面对这次分手 |
[15:34] | It wasn’t a breakup. | 这不是分手 |
[15:35] | A breakup would imply that Amy was my girlfriend. | 那样的话就说明她是我女朋友 |
[15:37] | Okay, I got it, I got it; she’s not your girlfriend. | 好吧 我知道了 她不是你女朋友 |
[15:40] | Now listen to me. | 听我说 |
[15:41] | I know about loneliness. | 我知道孤单一人的感觉 |
[15:45] | I know about trying to replace someone with other stuff. | 也明白要借其它事物来寻求安慰 |
[15:47] | When I broke up with Penny, I got back into my cello, | 我那会和佩妮分手后 我又重新开始拉大提琴 |
[15:50] | I built a bunch of model rockets, | 还搭了不少模型火箭 |
[15:52] | I got those weightlifting gloves and that five-pound dumbbell. | 我还买了举重手套和五磅重的哑铃 |
[15:57] | You didn’t break up, she dumped you. | 你那不叫分手 是佩妮甩了你 |
[16:00] | She didn’t dump me. | 她才没甩了我 |
[16:02] | It was mutual! | 这是互相的 |
[16:03] | I was there. She dumped you. | 我就在场 是她甩了你 |
[16:05] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 随你吧 |
[16:06] | Live with cats. | 跟猫一起住吧 |
[16:08] | Be like my Aunt Nancy. | 跟我南希姨妈一样 |
[16:09] | She had dozens of them. | 她就跟几十只猫一起住 |
[16:10] | And do you know what happened after she died? They ate her. | 你知道她死后怎么样了吗 猫把她给吃了 |
[16:13] | You don’t have to sell me on cats, Leonard. | 不用再跟说服我喜欢猫了 莱纳德 |
[16:15] | I’m already a fan. | 我已经喜欢了 |
[16:21] | All right, fellas, who’s in the mood for Fancy Feast? | 好了小家伙们 谁想来吃点珍喜猫罐头 |
[16:25] | Well, that’s not fancy at all. | 这可一点都不喜人 |
[16:33] | Hi, Mrs. Cooper. Thanks for coming. | 你好 库珀夫人 谢谢你赶来 |
[16:35] | Where is he? | 他人呢 |
[16:36] | He’s in his bedroom. | 在他卧室 |
[16:37] | Now, when you said on the phone | 你在电话里说的 |
[16:39] | he broke up with a girl, you meant an actual girl, | 他跟个女孩分手了 是指真的女孩吧 |
[16:42] | not something you kids whipped up in a lab? | 不是什么你们在实验室造出来的那种 |
[16:44] | No, she’s real. | 不 是真的人 |
[16:46] | Did they sin? | 他们做了违反教规的事吗 |
[16:48] | No, no, it’s not like that. | 不 不是那样的 |
[16:50] | It’s, uh… | 是… |
[16:52] | I don’t know what it’s like. | 我不知道怎么描述 |
[16:54] | But there is something I should prepare you for. | 但有些事 请你作好心理准备 |
[16:56] | Oh, relax, Leonard, I have raised that boy. | 放心吧莱纳德 他是我一手拉扯大的 |
[16:59] | I’ve seen him at his best, I’ve seen him at his worst. | 最好的我见过 最坏的我也见过 |
[17:02] | There’s nothing he can do that’ll surprise me. | 没什么能让我吃惊的了 |
[17:05] | Hold on to that thought. | 话别说这么早 |
[17:08] | Come in. | 请进 |
[17:13] | Surprise. | 吃惊吧 |
[17:15] | Mom, what an unexpected pleasure. | 妈 真是意外之喜 |
[17:18] | My, my, that’s a powerful smell. | 天 好大一股味 |
[17:22] | I’d like you to meet Oppenheimer, Frisch, Panofsky, | 向你引见奥本海默 弗里希 潘诺夫斯基 |
[17:26] | Feynman, Weisskopf… | 费曼 维斯可夫 |
[17:28] | Yeah, I get it. | 好了 我明白了 |
[17:29] | You got a lot of cats | 你养了很多猫 |
[17:31] | and you gave ’em cute Jewish names. | 还给它们起了可爱的犹太名字 |
[17:33] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[17:34] | Leonard called. | 莱纳德打电话给我的 |
[17:36] | And he said that you were pining for a young lady. | 他说你为伊人消得人憔悴 |
[17:39] | Oh, that’s preposterous. | 那太可笑了 |
[17:41] | I’m not pining over anyone. | 我才没有为谁憔悴 |
[17:43] | Oh, lambchop, we can quibble what to call it, | 哦小羊排 我的说法或许不合适 |
[17:46] | but I think we can both agree it’s creepy. | 但我们都同意 这事儿让人毛骨悚然 |
[17:49] | I do not agree. | 我才不同意 |
[17:52] | Cats make wonderful companions. | 猫是很好的伙伴 |
[17:54] | They don’t argue or question my intellectual authority, | 不会跟你吵 也不会质疑你的才智权威 |
[17:58] | and this little guy here, | 还有这个小家伙 |
[18:00] | I think you’ll find to be quite zazzy. | 你们会发现它实在太犀利了 |
[18:05] | You should have called sooner. | 你真该早点打给我的 |
[18:09] | Shelly! Dinner’s ready! | 谢利 吃饭了 |
[18:11] | Coming! | 来了 |
[18:12] | No cats! | 不许带猫 |
[18:19] | What is she doing here? | 她来这干嘛 |
[18:21] | I called her. | 我打给她的 |
[18:22] | Your mother thinks | 你妈妈认为 |
[18:23] | you might be losing your mind over me. | 你可能正因我失魂落魄 |
[18:25] | As a neurobiologist, I was curious. | 作为神经生物学家 我很好奇 |
[18:28] | Well, rest assured, I am in full possession of my faculties. | 放心 我心智完全正常 |
[18:31] | 25 cats! | 25只猫 |
[18:34] | Oh, God bless you, dear. | 上帝保佑你 亲爱的 |
[18:38] | Sheldon, sit down. Let’s talk. | 谢尔顿 坐下 我们谈谈 |
[18:40] | All right, but you’re not fooling me. | 好吧 但不许骗我 |
[18:43] | Whenever you say we have to talk, | 每次你说我们谈谈 |
[18:44] | it means you want me to listen. | 都只许你说我听 |
[18:45] | Then stop talking. | 那就闭嘴 |
[18:46] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 长官 |
[18:48] | Now, the reason I called Amy over was | 我找艾米过来的原因 |
[18:50] | to find out what type of person she is. | 是想看看她是哪种人 |
[18:53] | And after chatting a bit, | 跟她聊了一会后 |
[18:55] | I have to say that while she is a | 我不得不说 虽然她是个 |
[18:57] | perfectly unique young woman, | 绝对 特殊的女士 |
[19:00] | you two are definitely not suited for each other. | 你们俩完全不适合对方 |
[19:04] | That’s a peculiar conclusion. | 这结论真奇怪 |
[19:07] | By any standard, Amy is more similar to me | 不管以任何标准来衡量 艾米都比我认识的任何人 |
[19:09] | than anyone I’ve ever met. | 跟我更像 |
[19:10] | Oh, I’m sorry, Shelly, I can’t see it. | 抱歉谢利 我看不出来 |
[19:13] | Well, whether you see it or not is irrelevant. | 你看不看得出来没关系 |
[19:16] | I can’t see subatomic particles, | 我也看不到亚原子粒子 |
[19:18] | but nevertheless, they’re there. | 但不论任何 它们就是存在的 |
[19:20] | Excellent point. | 绝妙的观点 |
[19:21] | A physics point. | 且是物理学观点 |
[19:23] | Touche | 讲得好 |
[19:25] | Well, putting aside the pig Latin, | 别卖弄拉丁话了 |
[19:28] | it’s a good thing that | 很高兴看到 |
[19:30] | you two decided to end the relationship | 你们决定分手 |
[19:32] | so I didn’t have to end it for you. | 就省得我来拆散你们了 |
[19:36] | Amy, after consideration, | 艾米 再三考虑之后 |
[19:38] | I believe we may have acted rashly. | 我觉得我们可能决定得太草率了 |
[19:40] | I propose we resume our relationship | 我建议我们重新开始 |
[19:42] | and attempt to resolve our differences. | 并尝试解决双方差异的障碍 |
[19:45] | I’ll agree to that only if you’ll stipulate | 除非你认可 我俩之间 |
[19:46] | that 80% of our difficulties were caused by you. | 80%的障碍都是你造成的 |
[19:49] | – I’ll go as high as 40. – Sixty-five. | -我只认可占40% -你占65% |
[19:50] | Done. | 成交 |
[19:52] | You understand that moving forward, | 你明白我们继续的话 |
[19:54] | we deal with the fact that my mother does not approve of you? | 我们得面对我妈并不认可你的现实 |
[19:57] | I do. I find being cast | 我明白 我发现扮演个 |
[20:00] | in the role of bad girl oddly titillating. | 坏女孩的角色 竟让我很兴奋 |
[20:05] | Would you like to see my cats? | 想看看我的猫吗 |
[20:06] | I would. I love cats. | 想 我喜欢猫 |
[20:09] | They’re the epitome of indifference. | 它们是独善其身的典范 |
[20:10] | Ah, then you may find Zazzles a little cloying. | 你会发现犀利哥有点烦人 |
[20:15] | I saw what you did there. | 我可算看出来了 |
[20:17] | He thinks he’s such a smarty pants. | 他一向自以为聪明 |
[20:19] | He’s no different from any man. | 其实跟其他人没什么不同 |
[20:20] | You tell ’em not to do something, | 你让他们别去做什么 |
[20:22] | certainly that’s all they want to do. | 他们就想做什么 |
[20:23] | If I hadn’t told my brother Stumpy | 要不是我让我弟弟矮胖墩 |
[20:25] | not to clear out the wood chipper by hand, | 别用手去清理碎木机 |
[20:27] | we’d still be calling him Edward. | 他就不会有这外号 还是爱德华了 |
[20:30] | Now, don’t you move. | 还有 你坐着别动 |
[20:31] | I’ll bring over all the food. | 我来把菜搬过来 |
[20:33] | No, no, no, I can do it. | 不不不 我来就行 |
[20:36] | Well, isn’t that sweet? | 真是太给力了 |
[20:46] | Thank you, Amy. | 谢谢你 艾米 |
[20:48] | Here’s your cat. | 给 你的猫 |
[20:50] | And here’s your $20. | 还有你的20美元 |
[20:53] | Next! | 下一个 |
[20:55] | Thank you, Amy. | 谢谢你 艾米 |
[20:57] | Here’s your cat. | 给你你的猫 |
[20:59] | And here’s your $20. | 还有你的20美元 |
[21:02] | Next. | 下一个 |