时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Look at us, getting ready for a double date | 看咱哥俩 准备好去奔赴四人有约 |
[00:07] | With actual women who publicly acknowledge | 并且她们以名副其实的女朋友身份 |
[00:09] | They’re our girlfriends. | 光明正大的来约会 |
[00:11] | Yes, actual women are the best. | 没错 真女人最赞 |
[00:14] | I don’t understand. | 我就不明白了 |
[00:15] | What other kind of women are there? | 难道还有其他种类的女人 |
[00:18] | Howard, artificial women are your department. | 霍华德 人造女性是属于你的研究部门的 |
[00:20] | You want to take this? | 你要接这个茬吗 |
[00:24] | No, it would just freak him out. | 才不咧 那会吓坏他的 |
[00:27] | Listen, before we leave, | 听着 在出发之前 |
[00:29] | I should warn you, I’m a passionate man | 我要警告你 我是个热情的男人 |
[00:32] | And I tend towards public displays of affection. | 倾向于公开地表达我炙热的感情 |
[00:36] | What are you trying to tell me, Howard? | 你到底想说什么啊 霍华德 |
[00:39] | There might be some making out in the car or the restaurant, | 我会在车里或餐厅里缠绵一下 |
[00:42] | And I don’t want Bernadette to feel uncomfortable, | 而且我不想让伯纳黛特感到不安 |
[00:44] | So it would help if you and Penny made out, too. | 所以如果你和佩妮也打啵儿的话会有所帮助的 |
[00:49] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[00:50] | We’re planning to have sex right on the salad bar. | 我们正打算在沙拉吧上云雨一番咧 |
[00:53] | Namaste, white people. | 晚上好 白种人 |
[00:57] | Good news! | 好消息 |
[00:58] | I rented us the four-hour edition of Watchmen. | 我租到了四小时特别版的《守望者》 |
[01:02] | – Got it. – Seen it. | -我有了 -看过了 |
[01:02] | Detailed analysis posted online. | 我的详细分析已经发到网上了 |
[01:06] | Well, then what are we going to do tonight? | 那…我们今晚干嘛 |
[01:07] | Uh, sorry, Raj. | 不好意思哈 拉杰 |
[01:09] | Howard and I are going out to dinner | 我和霍华德要与 |
[01:10] | – With penny and bernadette. – Yeah. | -佩妮和伯纳黛特共进晚餐 -没错 |
[01:11] | No more carefree bachelor nights for me and Leonard. | 我和莱纳德告别无忧无虑的单身生活了 |
[01:14] | These broncos have been saddled. | 咱这两匹野马算是彻底从良了 |
[01:22] | How did we get actual women? | 我们是怎么勾到真正的女人的 |
[01:25] | Great. | 真棒 |
[01:25] | They get girlfriends, and they just abandon us? | 难道他们就这么见色忘义 |
[01:27] | It is great, isn’t it? | 这很好哇 不是吗 |
[01:30] | – We have a wonderful evening ahead of us. – We do? | -一个美妙的夜晚就在前方 -是吗 |
[01:33] | Oh, yes. I just discovered I don’t have | 那是 我才发现我没有 |
[01:35] | Enough room ony hard drive for a Linux partition, | 足够的硬盘空间分配给Linux系统 |
[01:37] | So you and I are going to perform a full backup, | 所以你和我要做一份全套备份 |
[01:39] | Reinitialize and then reinstall all my operating systems. | 初始化然后重装我的所有操作系统 |
[01:44] | I don’t want to do that. | 我才不想做那个咧 |
[01:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[01:47] | Well, I’m going to perform full backup, | 那我要做一份全套备份 |
[01:48] | Reinitialize and then reinstall all my operating systems. | 初始化然后重装我的所有操作系统 |
[01:52] | What about me | 那我呢 |
[01:54] | Well, I understand there are several types of artificial women. | 嗯…我刚了解到有好几种类型的人造女性 |
[02:00] | Maybe you should look into that. | 也许你应该关注一下那方面 |
[02:29] | Dude, there’s so many cool things | 老兄 今晚有太多很酷的事情 |
[02:30] | We could be doing tonight. Look. | 等着我们去玩呢 看 |
[02:32] | At the glendale galleria, | 在幽谷拱廊商场 |
[02:34] | “Put on your best zoot suit | “穿上你最正的阻特装 |
[02:34] | (40年代流行爵士音乐迷所穿上衣过膝 宽肩 裤子肥大裤口狭窄的服装) | |
[02:36] | “It’s a salute to swing music in the center court near macy’s. | 在梅西百货附近的中央广场向摇摆音乐致敬 |
[02:39] | 5 p.M. To 9 p.M.” | 晚五点到九点 |
[02:40] | Huh? Huh? | 怎么样 如何 |
[02:42] | A salute to zoot. | 向阻特装的致敬 |
[02:45] | Sounds like a hoot. | 听起来像是猫头鹰 |
[02:47] | I’m sorry, Raj, | 不好意思 拉杰 |
[02:48] | I have no desire to salute any article of clothing tonight. | 我今晚没有向任何类型服装致敬的欲望 |
[02:51] | Much less one that’s linked to race riots in the 1940s. | 更何况这还涉及到四十年代的种族暴乱 |
[02:54] | Race riots? | 种族暴乱 |
[02:56] | The zoot suit riots. | 阻特装暴动 |
[02:59] | Oh. | 啊哈 |
[03:01] | I always thought that was some sort of after-christmas sale. | 我一直以为那是什么圣诞节后的减价活动 |
[03:06] | Well, then why don’t we just go to the galleria and walk around? | 那为什么不单纯地到拱廊商场散散步呢 |
[03:09] | But I don’t need anything at the galleria. | 我又不需要那里面的东西 |
[03:11] | Do you need anything at the galleria? | 你在拱廊商场有何需求 |
[03:12] | No. We would just walk around and see what’s what. | 没 我们就随便走走看看怎么回事而已 |
[03:17] | That’s a semantically null sentence. | 这在语义上是个无效的句子 |
[03:20] | Okay, well, how about this? | 那好吧 嗯…那这个如何 |
[03:22] | From the university web site: | 大学网站上的 |
[03:24] | 7 p.M To 10:00 p.M., Norton hall multipurpose room, | 晚七点到十点 诺顿厅多功能室 |
[03:27] | “Mixer for grad student and faculty | “理科与文科的 |
[03:30] | of the science and humanities departments. | 研究生和教员联谊 |
[03:32] | “Whether you split atoms or infinitives, | “不论你是分解原子还是分解不定式 |
[03:35] | This is the place to be.” | 这是你必到的聚会 |
[03:38] | Well, that’s certainly amusing, but… | 这当然是很幽默 但… |
[03:41] | I have no interest. | 但我没兴趣 |
[03:43] | Come on, Sheldon, | 别这样 谢尔顿 |
[03:44] | The world is filled with people doing things outside. | 这个世界上充满了在室外活动的人 |
[03:47] | Let’s go outside. | 我们出去吧 |
[03:48] | Outside is good. | 外面多美好 |
[03:50] | Outside is so good, why has mankind spent thousands of years | 要是外面这么美好 那为什么人类花费上千年 |
[03:53] | Trying to perfect inside? | 来完美内部装饰 |
[03:56] | I don’t know, it’s a marketing scheme. | 我咋知道 也许是营销计划 |
[03:59] | Please, Sheldon, I’m a young, | 拜托 谢尔顿 我是个年轻的 |
[04:00] | Virile visitor from a foreign land | 来自他乡的”刚健的”纯爷们儿访客 |
[04:02] | And I need to strut my stuff. | 我需要炫耀下我的”宝贝” |
[04:06] | Let me offer you a compromise. | 那我提供个妥协方案 |
[04:08] | Sometimes when I feel stifled and want a change of scenery, | 当我感到憋闷 想换换视野的时候 |
[04:12] | I use my imagination. | 我会利用我的想象力 |
[04:15] | Oh, boy. | 天 来了 |
[04:16] | One of my favorite places | 我最爱探访的地方之一 |
[04:18] | To visit is the two dimensional world | 就是二维世界 |
[04:19] | Described in Edwin Abbott’s mathematal fantasy, | 在爱德温·艾伯特的数学幻想小说 |
[04:22] | “Flatland.” | 《平地》里有描述过 |
[04:24] | I don’t want to go to flatland. | 我才不想去平地 |
[04:26] | You’re only saying that becae you haven’t been there. | 你这么说只是因为你还没去过那里 |
[04:31] | I am now a hexagon in two-dimensional space | 我现在是二维空间里的一个六边形 |
[04:35] | And can only perceive the edges of other objects. | 并且只能感知其他物体的边缘 |
[04:38] | Oy. | 见鬼咧 |
[04:41] | Is that you, Raj? | 那是你吗 拉杰 |
[04:43] | I don’t recognize your edge. | 我认不出你的边缘 |
[04:45] | Sheldon, I’m begging you. | 谢尔顿 我求你了 |
[04:46] | I want to go to this mixer, and I don’t want to go alone. | 我想参加这个联谊 而且不想一个人去 |
[04:50] | Well, you’re in luck. | 那你就走运了 |
[04:51] | There’s a mixer here in flatland | 在平地上正有一个联谊 |
[04:56] | Oh, look, the’s a sexually attractive line segment | 看啊 那边有条性感的线段 |
[04:56] | (在埃德温的小说里线段是女性) | |
[05:01] | You should chat her up. | 你应该跟她搭讪 |
[05:03] | – What? – Tell her you’re a circle. | -什么? -告诉她你是一个圆 |
[05:04] | Flatland gals are all hot for circles. | 平地上的女孩子都喜欢圆 |
[05:10] | I hope you’re hungry, beadette. | 伯纳黛特 我希望你现在有胃口 |
[05:11] | We’re going to a terrific restaurant. | 我们要去一家很棒的餐厅 |
[05:13] | Oh, yeah, I’m starved. | 噢 我快饿死了 |
[05:14] | When you spend all day in a bio-lab, | 花了一整天的时间在生物实验室 |
[05:16] | Watching flesh-eating bacteria skeletonize small rodents, | 观察食肉细菌如何吃掉小型啮齿类动物 |
[05:19] | It really works up an appetite. | 真的让人胃口大开 |
[05:22] | Flesh-eating bacteria. | 这个女人喜欢食肉细菌 |
[05:24] | And yet, I still want to kiss this woman. | 但我还是想吻她 |
[05:26] | What does that tell you? | 这说明什么? |
[05:27] | That you’d be willing to die a horrible death | 为了上她二垒这个极小的可能性 |
[05:29] | On the off-chance you’d get to second base? | 你愿意尸骨无存地死去? |
[05:32] | Oh, we’re way past second base. | 我们已经远不止是二垒的关系了 |
[05:34] | Right, Howard? | 对吧 亲爱的? |
[05:36] | Well, we kind of disagree | 虽然我们对各垒的位置 |
[05:37] | About what the bases are. | 有些分歧 |
[05:41] | How’s your work going, penny? | 佩妮 你工作怎么样? |
[05:42] | Any acting jobs? | 有参加什么表演吗? |
[05:44] | Well, the last big thing I did was this production | 我最近的一个大型表演是 |
[05:46] | Of Diary of Anne Frank above a bowling alley. | 在一家保龄球馆上的剧场演出安妮日记 |
[05:49] | But I think things might be turning around pretty soon. | 但我觉得我的转机马上要来了 |
[05:52] | Great. How come? | 太好了 怎么回事? |
[05:54] | Well, promise you won’t make fun of me. | 答应我你不会嘲笑我 |
[05:56] | Of course, I would never make fun of you. | 当然 我永远不会嘲笑你 |
[05:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:00] | Well, I went to this psychic who told me that if I cut my hair, | 一个通灵师告诉我 如果我剪了头发 |
[06:03] | I’m going to get a national commercial. | 我就能出演一个全国性的广告 |
[06:07] | Wh… seriously? | 什… 开玩笑呢吧? |
[06:09] | You’re getting career advice from a psychic? | 你去找通灵师要职业建议? |
[06:12] | Good job not making fun of her. | 好一个永远不嘲笑她 |
[06:15] | She’s not one of those phonies, okay. | 她跟那些骗子不同的 好不好 |
[06:17] | She wrote a book and has her own web site. | 她写了本书 还有自己的网站 |
[06:19] | Oh, gee, why didn’t you say so? | 噢 你干吗不早说? |
[06:21] | They don’t let just anyone have a web site. | 又不是人人都有资格申请网站的 |
[06:24] | – Why are you being such a jerk? – You’re surprised? | -你干吗这么刻薄? -你觉得奇怪? |
[06:27] | Your psychic tell you I was going to be a jerk? | 你的通灵师没告诉你我会变得很刻薄? |
[06:31] | Bite me. | 去死吧 |
[06:33] | Come on, penny. | 开玩笑嘛 佩妮 |
[06:34] | Why don’t you kids go ahead and chat? | 你们俩继续吵你们 |
[06:36] | We’re gonna make out back here. | 我们要在后面亲热一会儿 |
[06:42] | I’m sliding into third. | 我要上你三垒了 |
[06:48] | Thanks for coming with me. | 谢谢你陪我来 |
[06:50] | Thanks for giving me | 谢谢你给我 |
[06:50] | Your limited edition green lantern lantern. | 限量版的绿灯侠能量灯 |
[06:54] | Did you really have to bring it in with you? | 你非得带上它不可吗? |
[06:56] | What if evil strikes and my power ring runs low? | 如果恶魔来袭 但我的戒指又没了能量怎么办? |
[07:03] | – Come on, let’s get a drink. – I don’t drink. | -来吧 我们去喝一杯 -我不喝酒 |
[07:06] | Yeah, well I do. | 我要喝酒 |
[07:07] | And when my wingman is carrying a green lantern lantern, | 而且我的泡妞伙伴带着台能量灯 |
[07:09] | I drink a lot. | 我得喝得更多 |
[07:12] | I’ll have a screwdriver, please. | 请给我一杯伏特加橙汁鸡尾酒 |
[07:13] | Don’t be chintzy with the screw. | 别吝啬你的伏特加 |
[07:16] | I would like a root beer float. | 我要一杯漂浮沙士 [无酒精饮料] |
[07:19] | Sheldon, they don’ have ice cream. | 谢尔顿 他们这儿没有冰淇淋 |
[07:21] | They don’t? | 没有? |
[07:23] | Well, apparently, these people and I differ greatly | 显然这里的人对派对的定义 |
[07:25] | On the definition of “Party.” | 跟我是不一样的 |
[07:27] | He’ll have a shirley temple. | 给他秀兰·邓波尔(一种无酒精鸡尾酒) |
[07:29] | And don’t be chintzy with the shirley. | 也别吝啬里面的果汁 |
[07:34] | Okay, | 好的 |
[07:36] | Let’s check out the females. | 我们开始找女人吧 |
[07:38] | All right. | 好 |
[07:39] | There’s a female. | 那里有个女人 |
[07:41] | That’s professor wilkinson’s wife. | 那是威尔金森教授的太太 |
[07:43] | She’s like 80 years old. | 她好像都80了 |
[07:45] | But she’s female. | 但她是个女人 |
[07:46] | – Isn’t that the game? – No. | -你不是要玩找女人的游戏吗? -不 |
[07:47] | I’m looking for a hookup. | 我要找的是能共赴巫山的小妞 |
[07:49] | Oh, yes. | 噢 是么 |
[07:51] | So, the point of this exercise is | 所以这个游戏的重点是 |
[07:52] | For you to find someone to copulate with? | 帮你找到可以交配的人? |
[07:55] | Not so loud, | 别那么大声 |
[07:56] | But ideally, yes. | 不过理论上是正确的 |
[08:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[08:03] | And what is my function as “Wingman”? | 我作为泡妞伙伴的职责是什么? |
[08:06] | – You help me run my game. – Okay. | -帮我完成游戏 -没问题 |
[08:10] | What is your game? | 你的游戏是什么? |
[08:12] | When I lie through my teeth to a woman, | 在我跟女人胡吹的时候 |
[08:14] | You nod and agree. | 你就点头附和我 |
[08:18] | Hey, that’s pretty cool. | 这玩意儿真帅 |
[08:19] | What is it? | 它是什么东西? |
[08:20] | It’s a limited edition | 这是限量版的 |
[08:21] | Green lantern lantern. | 绿灯侠能量灯 |
[08:23] | My friend is looking for someone to copulate with. | 我朋友在找可以跟他交配的人 |
[08:27] | You’re very funny. | 你真幽默 |
[08:28] | I’m Abby. | 我是艾比 |
[08:29] | – I’m Sheldon. – How do you do? | -我是谢尔顿 -你好 |
[08:31] | Rajesh Ramayan Koothrappali. | 我是拉杰·罗摩衍·库萨帕里 |
[08:33] | – Call me Raj. – Hi, Raj. | -叫我拉杰 -你好 拉杰 |
[08:35] | Where are you from? | 你是哪里人? |
[08:36] | The mysterious subcontinent of India. | 神秘的印度次大陆 |
[08:39] | Ooh, India. | 噢 印度 |
[08:40] | – You know India? – I saw Slumdog Millionaire. | -你了解印度吗 -看过贫民窟的百万富翁 |
[08:42] | Well, I’m a slumdog astrophysicist. | 哇 那我就是贫民窟的天体物理学家 |
[08:47] | I thought your father was a gynecologist. | 你爸不是妇科医生吗[有钱人家] |
[08:51] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:55] | Martha, come here. | 玛莎 快来 |
[08:56] | Meet Raj and Sheldon. | 这两位是拉杰和谢尔顿 |
[08:58] | – This is my friend, Martha. – Hi. | -这是我朋友 玛莎 -你们好 |
[08:59] | – Hello. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[09:01] | Is that the limited edition | 这不是限量版的 |
[09:02] | Green Lantern Lantern? | 绿灯侠能量灯吗 |
[09:04] | “In brightest day, in darkest night, | 光明的昼 暗黑的夜 |
[09:07] | no evil shall escape my sight.” | 一切罪恶无所遁形 |
[09:13] | Oh, that is so awesome! | 真是酷毙了 |
[09:15] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[09:17] | Have you chosen one to copulate with? | 选好要和谁交配了吗 |
[09:32] | So, what should we talk about? | 我们聊些什么呢 |
[09:36] | Well, we could always learn more | 我们可以再听听某人的言论 |
[09:38] | about why people who believe in psychics are idiots. | 为什么信灵媒的人都是小白 |
[09:41] | Leonard? | 是吧 莱纳德 |
[09:46] | Oh, we don’t need to talk about that anymore. | 这我们就不必多说了 |
[09:47] | Leonard covered it pretty well in the car. | 莱纳德在车里已经说得够绝了 |
[09:51] | I’m sorry, but facts are facts. | 不好意思 但事实如此 |
[09:53] | Right, and if you can’t understand it, | 得了 你所无法理解的事 |
[09:55] | It’s not a fact. | 那就不是事实 |
[09:56] | No, if it’s not a fact, it’s not a fact. | 不 如果不是事实 那就是扯淡 |
[10:00] | Oh, got it. | 明白了 |
[10:01] | Thank you for educating me. | 多谢你教育我 |
[10:02] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[10:05] | How’s your fish? | 鱼好吃吗 |
[10:06] | Amazing. | 相当美味 |
[10:07] | Would you like to try some? | 要来点吗 |
[10:09] | – Yeah, sure. – Well, the fact is, | -当然 -但事实很残酷 |
[10:11] | you can’t. | 偏不给你吃 |
[10:13] | Come on, Howard, Bernadette, you’ both scientists. | 霍华德 伯纳黛特 你俩都是科学家 |
[10:15] | Help me out here. | 行行好 帮帮忙吧 |
[10:17] | What do you think– want to jump | 你觉得呢 他们小两口矛盾 |
[10:17] | right in the middle of another couple’s argument? | 我们要搅这趟浑水吗 |
[10:19] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[10:20] | Sorry. | 爱莫能助 |
[10:23] | Maybe we suld just stop talking about this. | 我想我们别谈这个话题了 |
[10:25] | Maybe some of us should stop talking altogether. | 我还是觉得我们都闭嘴好了 |
[10:29] | How is everything tonight? | 今晚用餐如何 |
[10:31] | Really uncomfortable. | 相当郁闷 |
[10:36] | You know, the best thing about being in a committed, | 稳定而互相支持的一夫一妻关系中 |
[10:38] | monogamous, mutually supportive relationship | 最大的优点就在于 |
[10:40] | is that even if you have different idea, | 即使两人发生分歧 |
[10:42] | you can have a spirited debate, yet still care for, | 并经过激烈辩论 但感情不受影响 |
[10:44] | even make love with… | 甚至吵过后还是可以云雨一番… |
[10:50] | Want your fish? | 不要鱼了吗 |
[10:55] | I knew you were going to do that. | 我不用是灵媒 |
[10:56] | Doesn’t make me psychic! | 也能猜到你会这样 |
[11:00] | Attaboy, Leonard make it worse. | 好吧 你这废柴只会把事情越弄越糟 |
[11:12] | What’s going on? | 什么情况 |
[11:14] | We scored. | 我们找到女人了 |
[11:17] | I’m the wingman. | 我助攻的 |
[11:28] | Hey. | 好啊 |
[11:30] | – Laser. – Had a great night last night. | -戴上 防镭射 -难忘一宵啊 |
[11:33] | I don’t like to kiss and tell, | 我是不想透露太多啦 |
[11:34] | but somebody made it to eighth base. | 但某些人已经上了八垒了哦 |
[11:40] | What the hell is eighth base? | 八垒是个什么情况 |
[11:42] | Seventh base with shirt off. | 七垒只到宽衣解带 |
[11:45] | Well, my shirt. | 宽的还是我的衣 |
[11:49] | How’d things go with Penny? | 你和佩妮咋样了 |
[11:50] | Oh… couldn’t be better. | 好得不能再好了 |
[11:57] | Are we taking our relationship | 我们感情生活一不顺 |
[11:58] | frustrations out on innocent Cylons? | 就拿无辜的赛昂人出气吗 |
[12:01] | It’s not just Cylons. | 可不止赛昂人呢 |
[12:02] | Superman’s next. | 接下来就轮到超人了 |
[12:07] | All right, I was going to try to squeeze in | 好吧 我本想在吃午饭前 |
[12:08] | a little more mocking before lunch, | 溜过来吐吐槽 |
[12:10] | but I can come back later | 但我想我还是识相点撤吧 |
[12:11] | when you don’t have a high-powered weapon. | 免得被你的杀伤性武器给殃及了 |
[12:14] | How can I go out with a woman who believes in psychics? | 我怎么能和信灵媒的女孩子约会呢 |
[12:18] | Hey, I once dated a girl | 这有啥 我以前泡过一个妞 |
[12:19] | who believed she was abducted by aliens. | 她还相信自己被外星人绑架过 |
[12:22] | And that didn’bother you? | 你就不介意吗 |
[12:23] | Au contraire. | 正相反[法语] |
[12:24] | It meant she was gullible and open to a little probing. | 说明她好骗又值得”深探”一番 |
[12:28] | What am I supposed to, | 我该咋办 |
[12:30] | Pretend I believe something I don’t whenever I’m with Penny? | 和佩妮一起时我就得装着相信吗 |
[12:33] | Yes, I’m sure Penny fakes all kinds of things | 我肯定佩妮和你一起时 |
[12:36] | when she’s with you. | 她也不都是装出来的吗 |
[12:39] | Do me a favor– lean or, put your head right here. | 帮个忙 怎么都好 让我爆了你 |
[12:43] | Let me show you anothe way to look at this. | 换种说法和你解释吧 |
[12:45] | Here we have the universe of all women. | 这里是全宇宙的女人 |
[12:49] | These are the ones | 其中这一部分的女人 |
[12:50] | you want to sleep with. | 你想和她们上床 |
[12:51] | These are the women who believe exactly what you believe. | 而这里的女人则与你的想法如出一辙 |
[12:55] | These are the women who would be willing to sleep with you. | 而只有这点女人愿意和你上床 |
[12:59] | And right there in the little triple intersection… | 而你的理想伴侣 |
[13:02] | is your ideal mate. | 只能从这三者之间小小的交集中找了 |
[13:04] | Odds are she’s a short physicist with low self-esteem | 而你的那个她可能是个又矮又自卑的物理学家 |
[13:06] | who lives in a government research facility in china. | 还是在为中国政府研究所工作 |
[13:11] | What’s your point? | 你到底想说啥 |
[13:12] | In order to keep hing a sexual relationship with Penny, | 为了和佩妮继续交往下去 |
[13:15] | I have to give up everything I believe in– | 我就得放弃 |
[13:17] | my intellectual integrity, the very nature | 我对科学知识的信仰 |
[13:19] | of who I am? | 和我的本性吗 |
[13:20] | I can’t do that, Howard. | 我做不到 霍华德 |
[13:22] | I respect that. | 完全理解 |
[13:27] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[13:28] | Your new girlfriend. | 你的新女友 |
[13:30] | Have fun tonight. | 祝你今晚愉快 |
[13:35] | The dog… | 狗狗 |
[13:37] | (书名《学习芬兰语》) | |
[13:37] | Koira. Koira. Koira. | |
[13:40] | The roof… | 屋顶 |
[13:43] | Katto Katto Katto | |
[13:46] | Grapes… | 葡萄 |
[13:50] | Ryp leet Ryp leet Ryp leet | |
[13:55] | One minute. | 等一下 |
[13:58] | Sis n Sis n Sis n | |
[14:02] | What was that? | 什么意思 |
[14:03] | It means “Come in.” | 是指”请进” |
[14:04] | It’s taking forever to load | 我电脑在装新的操作系统 |
[14:06] | The new operating system on my computer. | 等的时间太久了 |
[14:08] | I disinfected the kitchen and the bathroom, | 我消毒了厨房和卫生间 |
[14:10] | And now I thought I’d learn Finnish. | 索性就来学习芬兰语吧 |
[14:17] | That’s Hindi for | 那是印度语 |
[14:18] | “Whatever floats your bought.” | 就是说你爱咋咋滴吧 |
[14:20] | Uh, listen, I got a text from that girl Abby, | 我收到艾比发来的短信 |
[14:23] | And she and her friend Martha want to hang out with us again. | 她跟她朋友玛莎 还想跟我们出去玩 |
[14:25] | What do you say? | 你怎么说 |
[14:27] | I don’t say anything. | 我什么都不会说 |
[14:28] | I merely offer you facial expression | 只会提醒你 你这个表情 |
[14:30] | That suggests you’ve gone insane | 说明你走火入魔了 |
[14:34] | I don’t get it.You had a great time. | 我不明白 你明明也很开心的啊 |
[14:36] | Yes, exactly, I had a great time. | 没错 我是玩得很开心 |
[14:38] | That’s done; I’ve moved on to other things. | 但完了就完了 我就找其他事做了 |
[14:40] | For example, after I learn Finnish, | 比如说 等我学会了芬兰语 |
[14:42] | I’m not going to learn Finnish again | 我是不会再去学一遍的 |
[14:44] | Please, Sheldon, I’m a lost Indian boy | 求你了 谢尔顿 我这个无助的印度男孩 |
[14:47] | Far from home, and I want a girlfriend | 远离故土 就想交个女朋友 |
[14:50] | And I want her to be Abby, | 想让艾比当我女朋友 |
[14:51] | And she’ll only come over if she can bring Martha. | 但除非能带上玛莎 不然她是不会出来的 |
[14:53] | Raj, I highly doubt there is any argument you can make, | 拉杰 我强烈怀疑你能提出什么论据 |
[14:56] | Threat you might levy, rhetorical strategy, | 或许你可以试试威胁我 运用夸张策略 |
[14:59] | Plea, invocation, | 恳求我 给我施法 |
[15:01] | Supplication, or… vetoomus | 跟我祈祷 芬兰语是vetoomus |
[15:04] | That you can employ that would convince me to reconsider. | 不如试试这几招 说服我再考虑下 |
[15:22] | (斯坦·李 《绿巨人》漫画的作者) | |
[15:22] | My Incredible Hulk hand signed by Stan Lee. | 斯坦·李亲笔签名的”神奇绿巨人”手套 |
[15:29] | Oh, my. | 天哪 |
[15:47] | I’ve admired these for years. | 这是我多年梦寐以求的 |
[15:50] | So does that mean we can go with the girls again? | 也就是说你肯再次跟我出去见她们了 |
[15:53] | Hulk agree to second date with puny humans! | 绿巨人同意再次跟弱小的人类约会 |
[16:00] | You can’t wear the hands on the date. | 约会时你可不能戴那手套 |
[16:05] | Hulk sad. | 绿巨人伤心了 |
[16:15] | Cleaning out the old dryer lint, huh? | 你清理干净了烘干机滤出来的绒毛 |
[16:19] | Not only is it courteous, | 不但是种礼貌之举 |
[16:20] | It’s safety smart. | 更增加了安全系数 |
[16:22] | Every year, 15,000 fires are caused | 每年都有一万五千起火灾 |
[16:23] | By accidental dryer lint ignition. | 是由烘干机上的绒毛突然起火导致的 |
[16:27] | Now you’re supposed to say, | 现在你该接下去说 |
[16:28] | “Wow, what an interesting fact. | 哇 真是个有趣的事实 |
[16:30] | “Come here, you crazy, nerdy guy. | 过来吧 你这小呆瓜 |
[16:32] | I could never be mad at you.” | 我怎么都不会生你气的 |
[16:35] | Wow, that’s all you got | 哇 你就想明白了这些吗 |
[16:37] | After you were the most obnoxious person | 你可是在我们四人约会的时候 |
[16:39] | On a double date that included Howard Wolowitz? | 做足了讨人嫌的事 尤其是还当着霍华德·沃罗威茨的面 |
[16:44] | No, I’m sorry. | 不 我很抱歉 |
[16:46] | I really am. | 我说真的 |
[16:47] | It’s not right to mock what a person believes in. | 嘲笑别人笃信的事 肯定是不对的 |
[16:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:52] | Would you be willing to go to my psychic | 愿意去我的灵媒那里 |
[16:53] | And see what it’s all about? | 看看到底这么回事吗 |
[16:55] | Would you be willing to read a book | 你愿意看看这本书吗 |
[16:56] | That concisely explains how all psychics are frauds? | 里面简要说明了 为何灵媒都是骗人的 |
[17:01] | I would not. | 我不愿意 |
[17:08] | Okay, let’s go see your psychic. | 好吧 我们去见见你的灵媒 |
[17:10] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:11] | Well, yeah, one of us has to keep an open mind. | 对 我们俩至少得有一人保持开放的思维吧 |
[17:13] | You saying I don’t have an open mind? | 你是说我没有开放的思维 |
[17:14] | No, n-not at all. Let me help you with this stuff. | 完全没这意思 我还是帮你忙这事吧 |
[17:18] | You know, believe in ghosts, too. | 我还相信鬼魂 |
[17:20] | – Great. – And astrology. | -很好 -还有占星术 |
[17:22] | I know, and pyramid power and healing crystals. | 我知道 还有金字塔能和治疗水晶 |
[17:26] | Oh, no, no, no, crystals don’t work. | 不不不 水晶可不管用 |
[17:30] | Really, that’s the line? | 真的吗 界限在这里吗 |
[17:32] | Psychics are real,but crystals are voodoo | 物理是真实的 水晶就是种巫术 |
[17:35] | Oh, voodoo’s real. | 巫术也是真实存在的 |
[17:36] | You don’t want t mess with voodoo. | 你绝对不会愿意招惹巫术的 |
[17:41] | Flatland is more than just a mathematical essay. | 《平地》不仅仅是部数学幻想小说 |
[17:44] | It is also a treatise on Victorian social | 同时也是维多利亚时代社会风俗方面的专著 |
[17:47] | You know I had never considered that. | 我还从未如此考虑过 |
[17:53] | Wow, that’s going to | 这必将彻底 |
[17:54] | Completely change my visits there. | 改变我对二维世界的造访 |
[18:06] | Well, it’s late. | 好了 很晚了 |
[18:09] | Time for bed. | 该上床了 |
[18:11] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[18:16] | Good night,beauty human. | 晚安 美丽的人类 |
[18:29] | Sheldon? | 谢尔顿 |
[18:37] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[18:38] | Listen, they’re kind of | 他们两个 |
[18:40] | Getting busy in the living room, and… | 在客厅就忙着搞上了 |
[18:43] | I was wondering if I could hang out in here for a while. | 我在想 能不能到你房里呆一会 |
[18:47] | Well, I suppose. | 我想可以吧 |
[18:49] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[18:55] | I’ll sleep in leonard’s room. Good night. | 我睡莱纳德房里去 晚安 |