时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hey, Leonard, check this out. | 莱纳德 看我的 |
[00:10] | Leonard, she’s doing it again. | 莱纳德 她又来了 |
[00:13] | I think it upsets Sheldon when you play with the food. | 我觉得你调戏食物会让谢尔顿郁闷 |
[00:15] | No. It upsets Sheldon when she willy-nilly takes it | 不 应该是她从碗里随便拿起食物 |
[00:19] | from the containers without regard | 而不顾还要平均分配的问题时 |
[00:20] | for its equitable distribution. | 让谢尔顿很郁闷 |
[00:22] | This is essentially why you have famine in India. | 这就是印度有饥荒的根本原因 |
[00:28] | You want me to put it back? | 你要我吐回去吗 |
[00:31] | Leonard. | 莱纳德 |
[00:32] | It upsets Sheldon when you play with the Sheldon. | 当你调戏谢尔顿时会让谢尔顿郁闷 |
[00:37] | What’s up, my nerdizzles? | 怎么样啊 我亲爱的呆瓜们 |
[00:41] | Raj, Sheldon, | 拉杰 谢尔顿 |
[00:42] | I want you to meet my girlfriend Bernadette. | 我想将我的女朋友伯纳黛特引见与你们 |
[00:44] | Hello. Leonard, Penny, | 你好 莱纳德 佩妮 |
[00:45] | you know my girlfriend Bernadette. | 你们认识我的女友伯纳黛特的 |
[00:47] | – Yeah. – Hey. | -嗯 -嗨 |
[00:48] | Bernadette, say fo’shizzle to my nerdizzles. | 伯纳黛特 跟呆瓜们说绝对的 |
[00:51] | I don’t think I can. | 我不能这么说 |
[00:54] | I don’t have Howard’s street cred. | 我没有霍华德那种街头痞子风 |
[00:57] | I hope it’s all right– | 我希望这没造成问题 |
[00:59] | I told my girlfriend Bernadette | 我跟我的女朋友伯纳黛特说 |
[01:00] | she could join us for dinner. | 她可以跟我们共进晚餐 |
[01:01] | Sure. The more, the merrier. | 当然可以 人多乐趣多 |
[01:02] | Wa– no, that’s a false equivalency. | 不对 这是个错误的对等关系 |
[01:05] | More does not equal merry. | 人多不等于乐趣多 |
[01:06] | If there were 2,000 people in this apartment right now, | 如果这公寓里现在有两千人 |
[01:09] | would we be celebrating? No, we’d be suffocating. | 那我们会很开心吗 不 我们会窒息而死 |
[01:11] | – Sheldon… – Don’t “Sheldon” me. | -谢尔顿 -别郁闷我 |
[01:13] | We ordered for five people, not six. | 我们定的是五人份 不是六人 |
[01:15] | Oh, come on, it’s fine. | 来不 没事儿的 |
[01:16] | We’ll just put it all on the table, you know, family style. | 我们全部摊在桌上分享就好 就像家庭聚餐式的 |
[01:19] | Oh, sure. And while we’re at it, | 噢 那是 当我们家庭聚餐时 |
[01:20] | why don’t we put our hands behind our backs, | 为什么不把手背到背后 |
[01:22] | have an old-fashioned eating contest? | 来个老式的进食大赛呢 |
[01:23] | Relax, it’ll be fine. | 放轻松 没事儿的 |
[01:25] | Sit down, you guys. | 做吧 你们 |
[01:28] | No! No! No! | 别 别 别 |
[01:29] | What?! | 怎么了 |
[01:31] | Oh, yeah, you can’t sit there. | 对了 你不能坐那儿 |
[01:34] | Why not? | 为什么不能 |
[01:35] | That’s where Sheldon sits. | 那是谢尔顿的专属座位 |
[01:36] | He can’t sit somewhere else? | 他不能坐其他地方吗 |
[01:39] | No, no, no– you see, in the winter, | 不 不 不 你看啊 在冬天呢 |
[01:41] | that seat is close enough to the radiator so that he’s warm, | 这个座位与暖气片的距离足够让他保持温暖 |
[01:43] | yet not so close that he sweats. | 但又不会太近以至于出汗 |
[01:45] | In the summer, it’s directly in the path of | 而在夏天 这个位置又正好处在 |
[01:47] | a cross-breeze created by opening windows there and there. | 由这个和那个窗口之间对流所产生的微风之中 |
[01:49] | It faces the television at an angle that isn’t direct, | 这儿的角度并不是直接面朝电视 |
[01:52] | so he can still talk to everybody, | 所以他还能跟所有人交谈 |
[01:53] | yet not so wide that the picture looks distorted. | 同时又不会太偏导致画面失真 |
[01:59] | Perhaps there’s hope for you after all. | 看来你还是有那么点指望的嘛 |
[02:30] | Ooh, I love your shoes. | 喔 我喜欢你的鞋子 |
[02:31] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:32] | They are cute, aren’t they? | 很可爱 不是吗 |
[02:33] | – Where’d you get them? – Shoes for Less. | -你在哪儿买到的 -实惠鞋店 |
[02:35] | I’ve been meaning to go over there. | 我正有此意要去那儿 |
[02:37] | Oh, great selection, great prices. | 东西很多 价格也便宜 |
[02:40] | My mother was right. Hell is real. | 我娘说的对 确实有地狱 |
[02:44] | Come on, Sheldon. | 别这样 谢尔顿 |
[02:45] | Let the womenfolk chat. | 让妇女们聊吧 |
[02:49] | Womenfolk? | 妇女 |
[02:51] | Gals? | 少女 |
[02:52] | Chicks? | 妞儿 |
[02:53] | Utero-Americans? | 有子宫的美国人 |
[02:57] | Just eat your dinner. | 吃你的饭吧 |
[02:59] | Don’t take him too seriously. | 别太跟他较真儿 |
[03:01] | A lot of what he says is intended as humor. | 他说的很多话本是故意为了幽默一下的 |
[03:04] | Yeah, well, I don’t think it’s very funny. | 是啊 但我一点也不觉得有趣 |
[03:07] | Me neither, but he just lights up when I laugh. | 我也是 但是我一笑他就灿烂了 |
[03:12] | Howard, never let her go. | 霍华德 不能让她跑了 |
[03:17] | So, Leonard, Howard says you’re working on | 莱纳德 霍华德说你正在进行 |
[03:19] | fundamental tests of quantum mechanics. | 一些量子力学的基本测试 |
[03:21] | I am. | 没错 |
[03:22] | Are you interested in physics? | 你对物理感兴趣吗 |
[03:23] | Oh, I find it fascinating. | 我觉得很很吸引人 |
[03:25] | If I hadn’t gone into microbiology, | 如果我没有选择微生物学的话 |
[03:26] | I probably would have gone into physics. | 我也许就会进军物理了 |
[03:29] | Or ice dancing. | 或者冰舞 |
[03:32] | Actually, my tests of the Aharonov-Bohm | 事实上 我对于阿哈伦诺夫-博姆的 |
[03:34] | quantum interference effect have reached an interesting point. | 量子干涉效应实验已经到达了一个很有趣的阶段 |
[03:36] | Right now, we’re testing the phase shift | 现在 我们正在测试基于电势的 |
[03:38] | due to an electric potential. | 相位偏移 |
[03:39] | That’s amazing. | 真是太棒了 |
[03:40] | Yes. Leonard’s work is nearly as amazing | 那是 莱纳德的工作几乎就跟 |
[03:44] | as third graders growing lima beans in wet paper towels. | 三年级小学生用湿毛巾种青豆一样棒 |
[03:49] | While I appreciate the “Oh, snap,” | 虽然我很欣赏你的 “喔 又损人了” |
[03:51] | I’m uncomfortable having your moist breath in my ear. | 但你那温湿的口气飘进我的耳中令我很不舒服 |
[03:57] | Are you going to try | 你会用 |
[03:59] | to set up the voltages using tunnel junctions? | 穿隧结合来设定电压吗 |
[04:02] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[04:03] | You want to see a simulation on my laptop? | 你要看我笔记本上的模拟情况吗 |
[04:06] | Oh, yeah, show me. | 好啊 给我看看 |
[04:07] | In microbiology, the most exciting thing | 在微生物学中 我做过的最激动人心的事情 |
[04:09] | I get to work with is yeast. | 也就是跟酵母玩玩 |
[04:12] | Howard? | 霍华德 |
[04:13] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[04:15] | Your shoes are delightful. | 你的鞋子真漂亮 |
[04:19] | Where did you get them? | 你在哪儿买的 |
[04:22] | What? | 什么 |
[04:23] | Bazinga. I don’t care. | 逗你玩儿 我才不关心呢 |
[04:33] | Ha! Eat my dust, | 哈 吃灰吧你 |
[04:35] | racially stereotypical plumber. | 万年不变的古板水管工 |
[04:39] | That’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[04:41] | I got stuck behind a tree. | 我被一棵树卡住了 |
[04:43] | And a cow and a penguin. | 外加一只母牛和企鹅 |
[04:45] | Face it, dude, | 认了吧 兄弟 |
[04:47] | whether it’s a real car or a virtual cartoon car, | 不管是现实的车还是虚拟的卡通车 |
[04:49] | you can’t drive. | 你都不能驾驭 |
[04:52] | Just need a little more practice. | 只需要点练习而已 |
[04:54] | What you need is cheat codes, motor skills and a magic genie | 你需要的是金手指 驾驶技巧和一盏神灯 |
[04:57] | who grants wishes to little boys who suck at Mario Kart. | 来帮马里奥赛车小废柴实现愿望 |
[05:03] | Hey, Sheldon, can I talk to you for a second? | 谢尔顿 我能跟你说两句话吗 |
[05:06] | It’s not about shoes, is it? | 这跟鞋没关系 对吧 |
[05:08] | I don’t think I could go through that again. | 我不想再聊鞋子了 |
[05:10] | It’s not about shoes. | 跟鞋子无关 |
[05:12] | Then speak. | 那就说吧 |
[05:13] | Um, actually, can we do it in private? | 我们能私下谈吗 |
[05:16] | All right. | 好吧 |
[05:17] | Go away. | 走开 |
[05:21] | I agree, it’s rude, but she asked for privacy. | 我知道很无礼 但她要私下谈 |
[05:25] | Thanks, Raj. | 谢谢 拉杰 |
[05:26] | Okay, so here’s the thing: | 事情是这样的 |
[05:29] | I was wondering if you could maybe teach me a little physics? | 我想请你教我一点物理学 |
[05:32] | A little physics? | 一点物理学 |
[05:36] | There’s no such thing. | 没有这个说法 |
[05:37] | Physics encompasses the entire universe, | 物理学包含整个宇宙 |
[05:39] | from quantum particles to supernovas, | 从量子粒子到超新星 |
[05:42] | from spinning electrons to spinning galaxies. | 从自旋电子到旋转星系 |
[05:45] | Yeah, okay, cool. | 行 |
[05:46] | I don’t need the PBS special. | 不用说得像广播特别报导一样 |
[05:47] | I just want to know enough | 只要了解到 |
[05:49] | so I can talk to Leonard about his job. | 能和莱纳德谈他的工作就行 |
[05:51] | You know, like Bernadette does. | 就像伯纳黛特那样 |
[05:52] | Why can’t Leonard teach you? | 干嘛不叫莱纳德教你 |
[05:54] | ‘Cause I want to surprise him. | 我想给他个惊喜 |
[05:56] | Can’t you surprise him in some other way? | 就不能以其他方式给他惊喜吗 |
[05:58] | For example, I’m sure he’d be delightfully taken aback | 比如 你要是打扫一下房间 |
[06:00] | if you cleaned your apartment. | 我肯定他又惊又喜 |
[06:02] | Come on, Sheldon, this is important to me. | 拜托 谢尔顿 这对我很重要 |
[06:05] | Penny, | 佩妮 |
[06:06] | this would be a massive undertaking, | 教你可是艰巨的任务 |
[06:07] | and my time is both limited and valuable. | 我的时间既有限又宝贵呢 |
[06:10] | You’re sitting here playing video games all day. | 你整天都坐着玩电子游戏呢 |
[06:13] | Okay, point. | 被你说中了 |
[06:16] | What sort of foundation do you have? | 你学了哪些基础知识 |
[06:18] | Did you take any science classes in school? | 学校教过什么科学课吗 |
[06:21] | Sure. I did the one with the frogs. | 有 我做过青蛙的实验 |
[06:26] | The one with the frogs. | 青蛙的实验 |
[06:29] | Yeah, actually, it was pretty cool. | 对 其实挺好玩的 |
[06:30] | A lot of the girls threw up, but I gutted that thing like a deer. | 很多女生都吐了 但我把小青蛙像鹿一样宰了 |
[06:33] | I’m sorry, Penny. | 抱歉 佩妮 |
[06:35] | I don’t think so. | 恕我无能为力 |
[06:36] | Oh, come on! | 别这样嘛 |
[06:37] | A smart guy like you, it’ll be a challenge. | 你这么聪明 就当挑战一下 |
[06:39] | You can make it like an experiment. | 当成实验来做嘛 |
[06:43] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[06:45] | I suppose if someone could teach sign language | 既然别人能教 |
[06:47] | to KoKo the gorilla… | KoKo大猩猩学手语 |
[06:50] | I could teach you some rudimentary physics. | 我也能教你基本物理学 |
[06:53] | Great! | 太好了 |
[06:54] | It’s a little insulting, but great. | 虽然有点侮辱人 但很好 |
[06:56] | I’ll be KoKo. | 我就做KoKo吧 |
[06:57] | Not likely. | 不见得吧 |
[06:58] | KoKo learned to understand over 2,000 words, | KoKo学会了超过两千个单词 |
[07:00] | not one of which had anything to do with shoes. | 没有一个跟鞋子有关呢 |
[07:05] | Hey, fellas. | 伙计们好 |
[07:06] | This is my girlfriend Bernadette. | 这是在下的女友伯纳黛特 |
[07:09] | My girlfriend Bernadette. | 在下的女友伯纳黛特 |
[07:11] | Who are all those people? | 他们都是谁 |
[07:13] | Have no idea. | 不知道 |
[07:14] | Hey, Leonard. | 好啊 莱纳德 |
[07:16] | Hi. Hey, look, | 好 瞧瞧 |
[07:17] | it’s Howard and his girlfriend Bernadette. | 这不是霍华德的女友伯纳黛特嘛 |
[07:20] | Thought I’d give the little woman a tour of the old salt mines. | 带这位小美人逛逛这老盐矿 |
[07:24] | He doesn’t mean salt mines. | 他说的不是盐矿 |
[07:26] | He means where he works. | 他说的是工作地点 |
[07:29] | Yeah, no, I got it. | 对 我知道 |
[07:33] | So, how’s your experiment going? | 你的实验进展如何 |
[07:35] | Ah, terrific. | 很顺利 |
[07:36] | We’re getting the electron accelerator set up. | 我们正在准备电子加速器 |
[07:38] | We should be ready to go day after tomorrow. | 后天就能准备好 |
[07:40] | Boy, I’d love to see that. | 真想见识一下 |
[07:42] | You’re welcome to come. | 欢迎你来 |
[07:43] | Really? Oh, that’d be great. | 真的吗 太好了 |
[07:45] | How exciting is that? | 多兴奋啊 |
[07:47] | Like Hanukkah in July. | 简直就像七月过光明节一样 |
[07:50] | Do they have that? | 七月有光明节吗 |
[07:53] | No. | 没有 |
[07:57] | You got me again. | 又被你糊弄了 |
[08:00] | This isn’t non-fat yogurt. | 这不是脱脂酸奶 |
[08:03] | This is fatty fat fat. | 简直全是脂肪 |
[08:04] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[08:07] | Could you grab me another napkin, sweetie? | 心肝儿 能帮我拿张餐巾吗 |
[08:08] | – Sure. – Thanks, honey. | -当然可以 -谢谢 宝贝 |
[08:11] | All right, what is your deal? | 说 你打什么如意算盘 |
[08:13] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[08:15] | Inviting my girlfriend | 邀请我女朋友 |
[08:16] | to come see your electron accelerator? | 去看你的电子加速器 |
[08:19] | Yeah? So? | 怎么了 |
[08:22] | You really are a piece of work. | 你真有两下子 |
[08:25] | It’s not enough | 舞会皇后 |
[08:26] | you get the prom queen, you have to get | 被你弄到手还不满意 |
[08:28] | the head of the decorating committee, too? | 你还想抢走陪衬头牌呢 |
[08:30] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[08:32] | Don’t play innocent with me. | 别跟我装无辜 |
[08:34] | I practically invented | 用神奇实验设备勾引女人 |
[08:36] | using fancy lab equipment to seduce women. | 这招是我发明的 |
[08:39] | Has it ever worked? | 成功过吗 |
[08:41] | Not so far, but that’s not the point! | 目前没有 重点不是这个 |
[08:43] | Howard, relax. | 霍华德 别紧张 |
[08:44] | I’m not interested in your girlfriend. | 我对你女朋友没兴趣 |
[08:47] | I hope not. | 最好如此 |
[08:48] | Because you don’t want to mess with me. | 你不会想跟我瞎搅和 |
[08:56] | I’m crazy. | 我可是疯子 |
[09:00] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[09:04] | Research journal, entry one. | 实验日志 第一篇 |
[09:06] | I’m about to embark on one of | 我准备开展 |
[09:08] | the great challenges of my scientific career: | 科学生涯中的巨大挑战之一 |
[09:12] | teaching Penny physics. | 教佩妮物理学 |
[09:16] | I’m calling it Project Gorilla. | 我称之为大猩猩工程 |
[09:20] | Hey, Sheldon. | 好啊 谢尔顿 |
[09:22] | Come in. Take a seat. | 请进 坐吧 |
[09:25] | Subject has arrived. | 实验目标已到 |
[09:27] | I’ve extended a friendly casual greeting. | 我亲切地欢迎她 |
[09:31] | Ready to get started? | 准备好开始了吗 |
[09:32] | One moment. | 稍等 |
[09:38] | Subject appears well-rested and enthusiastic. | 目标气色很好 也很热情 |
[09:42] | Apparently, ignorance is bliss. | 显然 无知是福 |
[09:47] | All right, let us begin. | 好吧 我们开始 |
[09:50] | Where’s your notebook? | 你的笔记本呢 |
[09:52] | Um, I don’t have one. | 我没笔记本 |
[09:54] | How are you going to take notes without a notebook? | 那你咋记笔记 |
[09:56] | I have to take notes? | 还得记笔记吗 |
[09:58] | How else are you gonna study for the tests? | 不然你怎么考试 |
[10:01] | There’s gonna be a test? | 最好还要考试吗 |
[10:02] | Test-sss. | 可不止一次考试 |
[10:06] | Here. | 给 |
[10:08] | It’s college-ruled. | 这是大学规定 |
[10:09] | I hope that’s not too intimidating. | 希望没吓着你 |
[10:14] | Thank you. | 多谢你的体贴 |
[10:15] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[10:16] | Now, Introduction to Physics. | 现在开始讲物理学入门 |
[10:18] | What is physics? | 什么是物理 |
[10:21] | Physics comes from the ancient Greek word “physika.” | 物理这个词来源于古希腊语中的”physika” |
[10:27] | It’s at this point that you’ll want to start taking notes. | 你该记笔记了 |
[10:31] | “Physika” means the science of natural things. | “Physika”是指自然科学 |
[10:34] | And it is there, in ancient Greece, that our story begins. | 而就在那遥远的古希腊 我们的旅程开始了 |
[10:39] | – Ancient Greece?! – Hush. | -靠 古希腊 -嘘 |
[10:40] | If you have questions, raise your hand. | 有问题 先举手 |
[10:44] | It’s a warm summer evening, circa 600 BC. | 那是在大约公元前600年的一个仲夏夜 |
[10:47] | You’ve finished your shopping at the local market, or Agora… | 当你从集市[古希腊圣贤集会所]购物归来 |
[10:55] | …And you look up at the night sky. | 抬头仰望夜空 |
[10:57] | There you notice some of the stars seem to move, | 突然 你发现星星在游弋 |
[11:01] | So you name them “planetes,” or “wanderer”. | 于是 你将他们命名为”行星”或”漫游者” |
[11:12] | Yes, Penny? | 佩妮同学 有问题吗 |
[11:13] | Um, does this have anything to do with Leonard’s work? | 这和莱纳德的研究有什么关系 |
[11:16] | This is the beginning of a 2,600-year journey | 这是一个历时2600年的旅程 |
[11:19] | We’re going to take together | 我们慢慢讲 不急 |
[11:21] | From the ancient Greeks | 追溯到古希腊 |
[11:22] | Through Isaac Newton to Niels Bohr | 从艾萨克·牛顿到尼尔斯·玻尔[原子理论和量子力学的创始人] |
[11:26] | To Erwin Schrodinger | 再到埃尔文·薛定谔[创立波动力学] |
[11:28] | To the Dutch researchers | 再到荷兰研究学派 |
[11:29] | That Leonard is currently ripping off. | 莱纳德近来就在重复他们的研究呢 |
[11:31] | 2,600 years? | 居然有2600年 |
[11:35] | Yeah, give or take. | 没错 可能有些许误差 |
[11:36] | As I was saying, it’s a warm summer evening | 正如我之前所说 在那遥远的古希腊 |
[11:39] | In ancient Greece… | 一个氤氲的仲夏夜 |
[11:40] | Yes, Penny? | 怎么了 佩妮同学 |
[11:42] | I have to go to the bathroom. | 我要去洗手间 |
[11:44] | Can’t you hold it? | 你就不能憋一下吗 |
[11:45] | Not for 2,600 years. | 我可憋不了2600年 |
[11:57] | Project Gorilla, entry two. | 大猩猩实验 日志2 |
[12:00] | I am exhausted. | 我被榨干了 |
[12:19] | – Howard? – Huh? | -霍华德 -怎么 |
[12:20] | It unhooks in the front. | 这个要从前面解开的 |
[12:23] | Oh, that explains a lot. | 难怪啊 |
[12:29] | Howard, I’m home! | 霍华德 我回来了 |
[12:33] | Of course. | 整栋楼都听到了 |
[12:35] | Senior fitness was cancelled. | 老年健身取消了 |
[12:38] | It turns out you can forget how to ride a bike. | 我发现原来还真会忘了怎么骑车 |
[12:41] | I’m fine, but, oy, did Sam Harpootian eat gravel. | 我是没啥 但山姆·哈普蒂安摔了个嘴啃泥 |
[12:47] | That’s great, Ma! | 太棒了 娘 |
[12:49] | What’s great about an 80-year-old Armenian man | 80多的亚美尼亚老人摔断了半边下巴 |
[12:52] | With half his chin scraped off?! | 有什么可棒的 |
[12:55] | I guess I should go. | 我想我得走了 |
[12:56] | No, no, don’t move. | 不 别动 |
[12:57] | Hey, Ma, can I have lamb stew for dinner? | 娘 晚饭我想吃炖羊肉 |
[13:01] | Lamb stew? I’d have to go to the supermarket. | 炖羊肉 那我还得去超市买 |
[13:04] | Please? | 帮帮忙啦 |
[13:05] | I got a real hankering. | 我真的很想吃嘛 |
[13:10] | Oh, I can’t say no to my little tushy face. | 噢 我最疼我家小屁脸宝贝了 |
[13:14] | I’ll be back soon. | 我很快回来 |
[13:17] | Thanks, Ma. | 多谢啦 娘 |
[13:21] | Do you want the regular peas or the Le Seur? | 你要家常豌豆还是拉素豌豆[豌豆的一种] |
[13:24] | Always Le Seur peas with lamb stew! | 平时不都是加拉素豌豆的吗 |
[13:27] | You’re right! When you’re right, you’re right! | 好吧 你总是说得有理 |
[13:32] | What if they’re out of the Le Seur? | 如果拉素豌豆卖完了咋办 |
[13:34] | Then get the regular! | 那就买家常的啊 |
[13:36] | All right! You don’t have to yell! | 好吧 你别冲我吼啊 |
[13:41] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[13:45] | Let me just put that on vibrate. | 我来调成震动 |
[13:48] | I’m already on vibrate. | 我早就调好啦 |
[13:51] | You know, that one I got. | 这个我可听懂了 |
[13:55] | Howard, did you say something to Leonard about me? | 霍华德 你和莱纳德说起我什么了吗 |
[13:57] | Uh, what do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[13:58] | He says if I go see his experiment tomorrow | 他说我要是明天去看他的实验 |
[14:01] | It might weird you out. | 可能你会感觉不好 |
[14:02] | Really? He said that? | 是吗 他这样说吗 |
[14:04] | You’re not jealous of Leonard, are you? | 你不是在吃莱纳德的醋吧 |
[14:06] | Me? No. | 我 才没有呢 |
[14:08] | I may have mentioned that it’s a little inappropriate | 我只是说 在没和别人商量的情况下 |
[14:12] | To be asking another man’s girlfriend to his experiment | 邀请别人的女友去看他的实验 |
[14:14] | Without first discussing it with said man. | 这样有点不太合适 |
[14:17] | Are you saying I need to ask your permission to hang out with Leonard? | 你的意思是 我和莱纳德一起还要经过同意 |
[14:20] | I didn’t say anything like that. | 我可没这么说 |
[14:23] | I said Leonard has to ask my permission. | 我是说莱纳德必须经过我同意 |
[14:28] | Come on, I don’t want to eat lamb stew with my mother. | 拜托 我可不想和我娘共进炖羊肉啊 |
[14:31] | Damn, I was this close on the bra. | 可恶 我差点就解开bra了 |
[14:37] | Now, remember, Newton realized that Aristotle was wrong | 记住 牛顿发现亚里士多德的理论是错的 |
[14:42] | And force was not necessary to maintain motion. | 运动不需要靠力来维持 |
[14:44] | So let’s plug in our 9.8 meters per second squared | 所以 加上a = 9.8平方米每秒 |
[14:47] | As “A” and we get | 我们能得到 |
[14:49] | Force– Earth gravity- equals mass times 9.8 meters | 万有引力乘以质量 |
[14:53] | Per second per second. | 等于9.8米每秒的平方 |
[14:55] | So we can see that “ma” equals “mg” | 从而得到ma = mg |
[14:57] | And what do we know from this? | 我们可以推算出什么 |
[15:03] | Uh, we know that… | 我们能推算出 |
[15:06] | …Newton was a really smart cookie. | 牛顿真是个聪明绝顶的小甜饼 |
[15:10] | Oh! Is that where Fig Newtons come from? | 哇 所以才有了牛顿打滚吗[一种点心 很像驴打滚] |
[15:13] | No, Fig Newtons are named after a small town in Massachusetts. | 不 牛顿打滚得名于马萨诸塞州的一个小镇 |
[15:17] | – Don’t write that down! – Sorry. | -别光顾着记这个啊 -抱歉 |
[15:20] | Now, if “ma” equals “mg,” what does that imply? | 好 如果ma = mg 我们可以推算出什么 |
[15:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:25] | How can you not know? | 你怎么可以不知道 |
[15:27] | I just told you. | 我都告诉你了啊 |
[15:28] | Have you suffered a recent blow to the head? | 你最近脑子被敲过了吗 |
[15:31] | Hey! You don’t have to be so mean! | 你这也太刻薄了吧 |
[15:34] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:35] | Have you suffered a recent blow to the head? | 你最近脑子被敲过了吗 |
[15:40] | – No, you just suck at teaching. – Really? | -你这个老师真是烂透了 -是吗 |
[15:43] | Of those two explanations, which one seems the most likely? | 你觉得这两种解释哪个更靠谱点呢 |
[15:45] | Oh, God… | 天哪 |
[15:47] | Sheldon, I’m trying to understand, | 谢尔顿 我也很想听懂 |
[15:49] | but you’re going too fast. | 但你说得太快了 |
[15:51] | Can you just back up a little bit? | 能不能倒回去一点 |
[15:53] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:55] | It’s a warm summer evening in ancient Greece… | 在那个古希腊的仲夏夜 |
[15:59] | Not that far back! | 别倒回那么多 |
[16:00] | Okay! | 好吧 |
[16:02] | At what point did you begin to feel lost? | 你到底哪点开始听不懂的 |
[16:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:05] | Where were we looking up at the night sky? | 我们抬头仰望星空是在哪里 |
[16:07] | – Greece. – Damn it! | -希腊 -见鬼 |
[16:10] | There’s no need to get frustrated. | 用不着灰心 |
[16:12] | People learn at different rates. | 总有人学得快 有人学得慢 |
[16:13] | Unlike objects falling in a vacuum, which…? | 不像漂浮在真空中的物体 在那里 |
[16:20] | ma=mg “ma” equals “mg”…? | |
[16:23] | Squared? | 平方? |
[16:25] | No. | 不对 |
[16:26] | Aristotle? | 亚里斯多德 |
[16:27] | No. | 不对 |
[16:29] | Five? | 等于五 |
[16:32] | Then I don’t know. | 那我不知道了 |
[16:35] | Why are you crying? | 你哭什么 |
[16:37] | Because I’m stupid! | 我哭我自己蠢啊 |
[16:39] | That’s no reason to cry. | 那也没理由哭啊 |
[16:44] | One cries because one is sad. | 人只有悲伤的时候才该哭 |
[16:45] | For example, I cry because others are stupid | 比如说 其他人都太蠢我感到悲伤 |
[16:48] | and it makes me sad. | 所以我才哭 |
[16:50] | Okay, can we just please forget about all this extra stuff | 好了 能不能先不扯这些题外话 |
[16:54] | and can you just tell me what Leonard does? | 就告诉我莱纳德平常在做的那些 |
[16:57] | All right. | 好吧 |
[16:59] | Leonard is attempting to learn why sub-atomic particles | 莱纳德正致力于研究出为何亚原子粒子 |
[17:02] | move the way they do. | 会像现在这样运动 |
[17:04] | Really? That’s it? | 真的 就这样 |
[17:07] | Well, that doesn’t sound so complicated. | 这听起来并不是很复杂嘛 |
[17:08] | It’s not. | 是不复杂 |
[17:10] | That’s why Leonard does it. | 所以莱纳德才干这个 |
[17:13] | Okay, I just have one question. | 我只有一个问题 |
[17:16] | What exactly are sub-atomic particles? | 亚原子粒子 到底是什么 |
[17:19] | A good question. | 问得好 |
[17:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:22] | And to answer it, we first must ask ourselves: | 要回答这个问题 我们首先必须自问 |
[17:24] | “What is physics?” | 物理是什么 |
[17:25] | Oh, balls. | 又绕回来了 |
[17:27] | It’s a warm summer evening in ancient Greece… | 在那个古希腊的仲夏夜 |
[17:31] | Okay, I got a bone to pick with you. | 我有事要找你算账 |
[17:34] | What did I do now? | 这回我又怎么了 |
[17:36] | I was in bed with Bernadette, and you text-blocked me. | 我和伯纳黛特正要做爱做的事 被你的短信搅了 |
[17:39] | What?! | 什么 |
[17:41] | We were completely naked, about to devour each other when, | 我们都脱光光了 正要水乳交融的时候… |
[17:46] | you text her that I have a problem with her hanging out with you. | 你发短信告诉她 我对她跟你出来有意见 |
[17:49] | You do have a problem with her hanging out with me. | 你确实对她跟我出来有意见 |
[17:52] | Yeah, but that’s not what you tell her. | 对 但你不该对她说的 |
[17:54] | What was I supposed to tell her? | 那我该跟她怎么说 |
[17:56] | I don’t know. Something that doesn’t make me come off | 我不知道 说些别让我显得 |
[17:58] | as a petty, jealous douche. | 猥琐又吃醋的脑残的话 |
[18:00] | And what would that be? | 那该怎么说才好 |
[18:05] | Come on, do I have to think of everything? | 拜托 我得帮你想好一切吗 |
[18:09] | Hey, Leonard. | 你好 莱纳德 |
[18:10] | Am I too late to see the experiment? | 我来太晚了吗 还能看实验不 |
[18:14] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[18:15] | Same thing you’re doing here. | 跟你一样 |
[18:17] | I came to see Leonard’s experiment. | 来看莱纳德的实验 |
[18:19] | No, you didn’t. | 才怪 |
[18:21] | You said Leonard’s experiment was stupid. | 你说过莱纳德的实验很蠢 |
[18:26] | You told her my experiment was stupid? | 你跟她说我的实验很蠢 |
[18:29] | I was just repeating what Sheldon said. | 我只是复述谢尔顿的话 |
[18:32] | Let’s not get off topic. | 我们别再转移话题了吧 |
[18:34] | Bernadette, I need to apologize. | 伯纳黛特 我得跟你道歉 |
[18:36] | I was wrong to tell you who you should be friends with. | 我错了 不该对你跟谁交友指手划脚的 |
[18:40] | Should I, um, leave you two alone? | 我该留你们俩独处吗 |
[18:42] | No, Leonard, you should hear this. | 不用 莱纳德 你也该听听 |
[18:44] | Okay, good, ’cause I wasn’t really gonna go. | 好 反正我也没想走 |
[18:47] | Look, I know I come off as confident and worldly, but… | 我知道我看上去自信满满 老于世故 但 |
[18:54] | the truth is I’m not. | 其实我并不是这样的 |
[18:56] | We’re shocked. | 好雷人 |
[18:58] | Which is why I tend to feel threatened by other guys. | 所以我容易感到受到其他人的威胁 |
[19:04] | Or loud noises, clowns and nuns. | 或噪音 或围观群众 |
[19:09] | But I now realize how foolish that is. | 但我已经知道 这样做有多蠢 |
[19:12] | He had a panic attack once | 他有次就因为头卡在毛衣里 |
[19:14] | when he got his head stuck in a sweater. | 就恐慌了 |
[19:17] | It was a full turtleneck. | 那可是件高领套头毛衣 |
[19:19] | Why aren’t you helping me? | 你为什么不帮帮我 |
[19:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:23] | Maybe because I’m… crazy?! | 也许因为 我疯了 |
[19:30] | Bernadette, please, I’m asking you to give me another chance. | 伯纳黛特 求你再给我一次机会吧 |
[19:33] | What do you think, Leonard? | 你怎么想 莱纳德 |
[19:35] | Should I give him another chance? | 我该再给他一次机会吗 |
[19:37] | It’s up to you. | 你自己做主 |
[19:38] | He didn’t call your experiment stupid. | 反正他也没说你的实验蠢 |
[19:42] | Come here, tushy face. | 过来吧 屁屁脸 |
[19:45] | “Tushy face.” | 屁屁脸 |
[19:46] | That is going on Twitter right now. | 这话一定得立马推上微博 |
[19:55] | Raj, you should’ve seen Leonard’s experiment. | 拉杰 你真该去看看莱纳德的实验 |
[19:57] | The interference pattern was so cool | 电子束发射后产生的干涉图样 |
[19:59] | when the electron beam was on. | 实在太酷了 |
[20:01] | Glad you enjoyed it. | 很高兴你喜欢 |
[20:02] | Most people aren’t that interested in what I do. | 多数人对我的工作都不那么感兴趣 |
[20:11] | Actually, that’s not true, Leonard. | 莱纳德 其实你这么说不对 |
[20:14] | In fact, recently I’ve been thinking that | 事实上 最近我一直在琢磨 |
[20:15] | given the parameters of your experiment, | 考虑到你实验中的各项参数 |
[20:17] | the transport of electrons through the aperture | 通过你那纳米级装备的螺线管 |
[20:19] | of the nano-fabricated metal rings is qualitatively no different | 所进行的电子干涉实验 |
[20:21] | than the experiment already conducted in the Netherlands. | 跟荷兰已成功进行的实验 没有任何不同 |
[20:27] | Their observed phase shift | 他们通过螺线管干涉电子 |
[20:29] | in the diffusing electrons inside the metal ring | 观测到的周相移动 |
[20:31] | already conclusively demonstrated the electric analogue | 已成功地用电子模拟的形式证明了 |
[20:34] | of the Aharonov-Bohm quantum-interference effect. | 阿哈罗诺夫-玻姆的量子干涉效应 |
[20:41] | That’s it. That’s all I know. | 就这样 我也就知道这些 |
[20:44] | Oh, wait…! | 等等还有 |
[20:47] | Fig Newtons were named after a town in Massachusetts, | “牛顿打滚”是以马萨诸塞一城市命名的 |
[20:50] | not the scientist. | 而不是那科学家 |