时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Kites, ho! | 风筝嗬 |
[00:06] | Kites, ho! | 风筝嗬 |
[00:08] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[00:10] | You’re misusing the word “ho.” | 你们误用了”嗬”这个词 |
[00:13] | It’s an interjection used to call attention | 这是用于引起目标注意的感叹词 |
[00:14] | to a destination, not an object, as in, uh, “Land, ho!” | 而不是物体 例如”停下嗬” |
[00:18] | Or, uh, “Westward, ho!” | 或者”向西嗬” |
[00:22] | Kites, ho! | 风筝嗬 |
[00:26] | Hey, guys. Whatcha doin’? | 各位好 在忙什么 |
[00:28] | Going out to discover electricity? | 出去发现电的存在吗 |
[00:31] | If you’re referring to the work of Benjamin Franklin, | 如果你说的是本杰明·富兰克林的成果 |
[00:33] | he did not “discover electricity,” | 他没有”发现电的存在” |
[00:35] | he merely used a kite to determine | 他只是利用风筝证明 |
[00:36] | that lightning “consists” of electricity. | 闪电”带”电 |
[00:39] | He also invented the Franklin stove, | 他还发明了富兰克林壁炉式取暖炉 |
[00:41] | bifocals and the flexible urinary catheter. | 双光眼镜和灵活导尿管 |
[00:46] | Kites, ho. | 风筝嗬 |
[00:49] | We’re heading out for some kite fighting. | 我们准备去斗风筝 |
[00:50] | – “Kite fighting”? – Oh, yeah. | -斗风筝 -对 |
[00:52] | It’s an extremely competitive, cutthroat sport. | 一项极具竞争性和激烈性的运动 |
[00:56] | Well, actually, the risk of throat cutting is very low. | 其实 割到喉咙的风险很低 |
[00:59] | On the other hand, severe string burn is a real | 另外 严重被线擦伤才是真实 |
[01:02] | and ever-present danger. | 且经常发生的危险 |
[01:05] | You want to come watch? | 你想来观战吗 |
[01:06] | Oh, gee… | 天啊 |
[01:08] | Sounds amazing. | 听着很不错 |
[01:09] | But, um, I’ve got some friends coming over. | 不过 我有些朋友会过来 |
[01:11] | Not a big thing– we’re just | 没什么大事 |
[01:13] | gonna watch the Nebraska game. | 只是聚在一起看内布拉斯加比赛 |
[01:14] | Oh. Football, sure. | 橄榄球 行 |
[01:16] | Good guess. | 猜得好 |
[01:20] | I would’ve invited you, but I know you’re not a football fan. | 我本想叫上你 但我知道你不是球迷 |
[01:22] | No, no, I’m not, so… great. | 对 当然 很好 |
[01:25] | You’ve got plans | 你能做自己喜欢的事 |
[01:26] | doing something you like, I’ve got plans | 我也能做自己喜欢的事 |
[01:28] | doing something I like, so it’s good. | 这样很好 |
[01:30] | Well, maybe we’ll hang out later– | 我们能迟些再聚 |
[01:31] | you know, after everybody’s gone. | 等大家都走了 |
[01:33] | Yeah, great. | 行 可以 |
[01:34] | See ya. | 再见 |
[01:39] | Well, this sucks. | 太逊了 |
[01:43] | I’m sorry, I got bored and drifted off. | 抱歉 我觉得无聊 开小差了 |
[01:47] | Where exactly in the interaction did the sucking lie? | 什么东西很逊 |
[01:51] | Leonard just realized that Penny’s been hiding him | 莱纳德刚发现佩妮不想带他见朋友 |
[01:53] | from her friends because he’s a tiny, little man | 因为莱纳德是个身材矮小 |
[01:55] | who flies kites. | 又喜欢放风筝的人 |
[01:58] | Oh, that certainly would suck. | 这当然会很逊 |
[02:29] | Wolowitz is trying to outflank us. | 沃罗威茨想侧翼包围咱们 |
[02:31] | Let out some string, add altitude | 你放线 飞高点 |
[02:33] | and I’ll go under and cut his line. | 我从下方偷袭割他的线 |
[02:35] | Why wouldn’t Penny want her friends to meet me? | 为什么佩妮不想让她朋友认识我 |
[02:38] | Focus, Leonard, focus! | 集中精神比赛 莱纳德 |
[02:39] | The heat of battle is upon us. | 战斗的热浪迎面而来 |
[02:40] | The dogs of war are unleashed. | 战争的恶犬已被释放 |
[02:43] | Maybe Koothrappali’s right. | 或许库萨帕里说得对 |
[02:45] | Maybe I embarrass her. | 也许我让她囧了 |
[02:46] | You’re embarrassing me right now. | 你现在就让我囧了 |
[02:48] | A grown man worrying about such nonsense | 一个大男人在放风筝的时候 |
[02:50] | when in the middle of flying kites. | 居然担心这种无聊东西 |
[02:54] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:55] | Sorry won’t bring their kites down. | 道歉可打不下对方的风筝 |
[02:57] | String burn! String burn! | 被线擦伤 痛痛 |
[03:01] | Oh, they think we’re flanking. | 他们以为我们想侧翼包围 |
[03:05] | They’re playing right into our hands. | 正中我们下怀 |
[03:06] | On the count of three, we execute the flying scissor. | 我数到三 使出绝杀飞剪 |
[03:08] | One, two… | 一 二 |
[03:10] | Whoa! | 哇 |
[03:12] | – Did you see that? – See what? | -看到没 -什么 |
[03:13] | That chick– she smiled at me. | 那个小妞 她冲我笑 |
[03:15] | – No, she didn’t. – Yes, she did. | -没有 -有 |
[03:16] | Come on, scissors, scissors! | 快 飞剪 飞剪 |
[03:18] | – Hold my line. – Wait. | -帮我拿着 -等等 |
[03:18] | What are you doing? | 你去干什么 |
[03:20] | I can’t scissors by myself! | 我没法单独使出飞剪 |
[03:21] | Howard! Come back! | 霍华德 回来 |
[03:24] | Victory! | 胜利 |
[03:26] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[03:30] | You’re a sucky friend, you know that? | 你真是垃圾朋友 知道吗 |
[03:34] | A sucky, sucky friend. | 比垃圾还垃圾的朋友 |
[03:36] | What was supposed to do? | 我能怎样 |
[03:38] | She gave me that “come-hither” look. | 她冲我那么诱惑一笑 |
[03:40] | If she gave you any look at all. it was a “you suck” look. | 就算她冲你笑 那也是笑你很逊 |
[03:45] | I would’ve caught up to her if I hadn’t pulled a hammy. | 如果没有拉伤大腿 我就能追上她 |
[03:48] | Oh, please, you weigh 80 pounds. | 拜托 你才80磅重 |
[03:49] | You don’t have a hammy. | 哪有什么大腿肌肉 |
[03:52] | So, Penny doesn’t want me around her friends. | 佩妮不想带我见朋友 |
[03:54] | I embarrass her. What else could it be? | 我让她囧了 有其他可能吗 |
[03:55] | Well, her actions | 她的行为 |
[03:58] | could be out of concern for your feelings | 能理解为顾及你的感受 |
[04:00] | Perhaps she’s excluded you from these gatherings | 也许她不让你参加聚会 |
[04:03] | because she’s scouting for a new mate | 是因为她想物色新配偶 |
[04:05] | and don’t want to do it in front of you. | 但不想让你看到 |
[04:07] | Oh… how kind of her. | 她真贴心 |
[04:10] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[04:11] | Most primates don’t show that sort of discretion. | 大多数灵长类动物没有这种判断力 |
[04:13] | A female bonobo will copulate with a new male | 雌性倭黑猩猩会在前配偶面前 |
[04:16] | in front of the old one | 与新配偶交配 |
[04:17] | without so much as a “how do you do?” | 根本不会想”你怎么样” |
[04:21] | You always do this, you know? | 你老是这样 知道吗 |
[04:22] | You ditch me for a woman you don’t have a shot with. | 抛下我去追没有机会追到的女人 |
[04:24] | I totally had a shot. With a woman | 我完全有机会 |
[04:26] | you were chasing through a park– | 在公园追逐一名女子 |
[04:28] | that’s not a shot, that’s a felony. | 这不叫机会 这叫重罪 |
[04:32] | What’s worse, it cost me my prized Patang fighting kite. | 搭上我赢回来的帕唐风筝更罪加一等 |
[04:36] | Sheldon, I don’t suppose there’s any chance | 谢尔顿 能不能行行好 |
[04:38] | you could give me my kite back? | 把风筝还给我 |
[04:40] | I’m sorry, Raj, but the rules of aerial warfare | 对不起 拉杰 空战的规则 |
[04:43] | dictate at the fallen kite go to the victor. | 规定战败的风筝归胜者 |
[04:45] | And without rules, the competition has no meaning. | 没有规则 比赛就没有意义 |
[04:48] | And without meaning, | 没有比赛意义 |
[04:49] | the following would be an empty gesture. | 下面的动作就只会是个空洞的姿态 |
[04:51] | I have your kite. | 你的风筝归我了 |
[05:05] | How was your football party? | 你的橄榄球派对如何 |
[05:06] | – It was pretty good. We won. – Oh, wow. | -很不错 我们赢了 -哇 |
[05:08] | That’s excellent. | 太棒了 |
[05:10] | It’s a weird figure of speech, isn’t it | 你不觉得这个比喻很怪吗 |
[05:12] | “We won” when you weren’t actually playing. | 不是我们在玩 却说”我们赢了” |
[05:16] | When we watch Star Wars, | 当我们看《星球大战》的时候 |
[05:17] | we don’t say, “We defeated the Empire.” | 我们不会说”我们打败了帝国” |
[05:21] | I’m glad to hear it. | 很高兴听你这么说 |
[05:23] | Oh, hey, on a related subject, | 对了 还有个相关问题 |
[05:25] | Are you embarrassed to have me around your friends? | 我跟你朋友在一起会让你觉得有失颜面吗 |
[05:28] | Oh, my god, no. | 天呐 当然不会 |
[05:31] | Why would you ask that? | 为什么要这么问 |
[05:32] | Well, you know, I just noticed | 我才发现 |
[05:34] | I haven’t really met any of them. | 我还没见过他们呢 |
[05:36] | Sure you have. | 你肯定见过 |
[05:37] | Yeah, no, I met the huge ex-boyfriend | 对 我见过你那高大的前男友 |
[05:40] | and the smaller yet still larger than me ex-boyfriend | 还有小一点但还是比我高大的前男友 |
[05:45] | By the way, were they here today? | 顺便问一下 他们今天来了吗 |
[05:47] | – Of course not. – Of course not. | -当然没有 -当然没有 |
[05:48] | Why would they be? Why would I ask? | 为什么要来 为什么我会问 |
[05:49] | Why am I rambling? Why don’t you stop me? | 为什么我这么无厘头 为什么你不制止我 |
[05:53] | Leonard, look, | 莱纳德 |
[05:53] | if you want to meet my friends, that would be great. | 如果你想见我的朋友 当然很好啦 |
[05:56] | I just, you know, I didn’t want you to be bored. | 我只是 不想让你觉得太无聊 |
[05:59] | I wouldn’t be bored. | 我才不会觉得无聊呢 |
[06:00] | Why would I be bored? | 为什么我会无聊 |
[06:01] | Well, ’cause they’re not genius scientists. | 因为他们不是天才科学家啊 |
[06:04] | Penny, I like all sorts of people. | 佩妮 我喜欢各种各样的人 |
[06:06] | In fact, some of my best friends aren’t geniuses. | 事实上 我最好的一些朋友并不是天才 |
[06:11] | Like who? | 比如说 |
[06:15] | Okay, some of my Facebook friends aren’t geniuses. | 好吧 我的某些Facebook朋友不是天才 |
[06:18] | My point is, if we’re going to be a couple, | 重点在于 如果我们要成为一对 |
[06:21] | I should be friends with your friends. | 我应该是你朋友的朋友 |
[06:24] | Okay, great. Well, then why don’t you | 好啊 太棒了 那你下周六 |
[06:25] | come over next Saturday and watch the game with us. | 跟我们一起看橄榄球比赛吧 |
[06:28] | Another football game? | 又有橄榄球赛吗 |
[06:30] | They have them every week. | 橄榄球赛每周都有的 |
[06:32] | Did not know that. | 不知道这回事 |
[06:35] | – You wanted to meet my friends. – Sure. | -你想见我的朋友 -当然 |
[06:37] | Sure, just I don’t know much about football. | 当然 但是我对橄榄球不大了解 |
[06:39] | Oh, that’s okay– a lot of the guys’ | 那没关系 很多男生的 |
[06:41] | girlfriends don’t know football. | 女朋友完全不懂橄榄球 |
[06:42] | They just kind of drink and talk in the kitchen. | 她们就只在厨房边喝酒边聊天 |
[06:46] | Great. | “真不错” |
[06:52] | Okay, a complete pass. | 好的 成功的传球 |
[06:55] | First down, New England. | 一档 新英格兰 |
[06:58] | I think I’m starting to get this. | 我觉得我开始有点明白了 |
[07:00] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[07:02] | The only thing I’ve learned in the last two hours | 过去两小时中我唯一学到的 |
[07:03] | is that American men love drinking beer, | 就是美国男人喜欢喝啤酒 |
[07:05] | pee too often and have trouble getting erections. | 尿太多导致勃起障碍 |
[07:12] | Focus on the game, not the commercials, Raj. | 把精力放比赛上 而不是广告 拉杰 |
[07:15] | I’m just saying, maybe if you people cut back on the beer, | 我只是说 如果人们能减少啤酒摄入 |
[07:18] | you could get out of the bathroom | 就可以从厕所中解脱出来 |
[07:19] | and satisfy your women without pharmaceutical help. | 在不使用医药帮助的情况下满足他的女人 |
[07:24] | Raj, what are you doing here? | 拉杰 你在这儿干嘛呢 |
[07:26] | You were supposed to help me pimp out my Vespa. | 你本该帮我改装我的小摩托 |
[07:29] | I’m sorry, | 对不起 |
[07:30] | are you under the impression that we’re still friends? | 你还沉浸在我们仍是朋友的印象中吗 |
[07:32] | Oh, come on. | 别这样 |
[07:35] | You’re not still grinding on the kite thing, are you? | 你不会还在纠结风筝的事情吧 |
[07:37] | It’s not just the kite thing. | 这不仅仅是风筝的事情 |
[07:39] | Every time we go some place, you think you can just | 每次我们出去玩 你都认为你可以随时 |
[07:41] | dump me whenever someone prettier comes along, | 把我丢下去追路过的漂亮美眉 |
[07:43] | even though you don’t have a shot with them. | 尽管你跟她们完全没可能 |
[07:45] | I had a shot with that jogger. | 我跟那个跑步的有可能成的 |
[07:47] | Fine. Paint green flames on your little scooter with her. | 行啊 那找她与你一起往你的小绵羊上画绿焰去 |
[07:52] | It’s not a little scooter. | 那不是小绵羊 |
[07:54] | It’s the second biggest Vespa they make! | 那是他们造的第二大小摩托 |
[07:58] | Are you watching football? | 你在看橄榄球 |
[08:01] | There’s no fooling you. | 没跟你开玩笑 |
[08:04] | Now, what is this sacks statistic they put up there? | 屏幕上的”sacks”数据又是什么 |
[08:07] | All I know about Sacks is, my mother shops there. | 我只知道我妈经常去”Sacks”商店买东西 |
[08:13] | Sacks,sacks Sacks, sacks… | |
[08:17] | It’s football nom for when a quarterback is tackled | 这是个橄榄球术语 用于四分卫 |
[08:20] | behind the line of scrimmage. | 在启球线之后被擒倒 |
[08:24] | Scrimmage. | 启球 |
[08:28] | The line of scrimmage is the imaginary transverse line | 启球线是一条假想的横截线 |
[08:32] | separating the offense from the defense. | 用于区分进攻方与防守方 |
[08:36] | Sheldon knows football? | 谢尔顿懂橄榄球 |
[08:39] | Apparently. | 很显然他懂 |
[08:41] | I mean, Quidditch, sure. But football? | 魁地奇他肯定懂 橄榄球他也懂? |
[08:46] | Sheldon, how do you know this stuff? | 谢尔顿 你怎么知道这个 |
[08:48] | I grew up in Texas. | 我可是在德克萨斯长大的 |
[08:49] | Football is ubiquitous in Texas: | 橄榄球在德克萨斯无处不在 |
[08:51] | Pro football, college football, | 职业橄榄球 大学橄榄球 |
[08:53] | high school football, peewee football… | 高中橄榄球 初中橄榄球 |
[08:55] | In fact, every form of football except the original– | 事实上 所有种类的橄榄球都有除了最原始的 |
[08:58] | European football. | 欧式橄榄球 |
[09:00] | Which most Texans believe to be a Commie plot. | 而大部分德克萨斯人认为这是共产党阴谋 |
[09:05] | Unbelivable. | 真难以置信 |
[09:06] | If you’re interested, I also know all about frying meat | 如果你感兴趣 我还知道所有 |
[09:08] | that isn’t chicken as if it were chicken. | 似鸡非鸡的炸肉排的相关知识 |
[09:15] | So you could teach me? | 那你能教我吗 |
[09:17] | Football or chicken-fried meats? | 橄榄球还是炸肉排 |
[09:21] | Football. | 橄榄球 |
[09:22] | I’m going to Penny’s on Saturday | 我周日要去佩妮家 |
[09:23] | to watch a game with her friends | 跟她的朋友们看比赛 |
[09:24] | and I don’t want to look like an idiot. I want to blend in. | 我不想自己看上去像个白痴 我想融入进去 |
[09:27] | If you want to blend in with Penny’s friends, | 如果你想融入佩妮的朋友圈 |
[09:29] | I’d think looking like an idiot | 我觉得扮作个白痴 |
[09:30] | would be the perfect camouflage. | 会是完美的伪装 |
[09:33] | Come on, Sheldon, please teach me about football. | 别这样 谢尔顿 教我橄榄球吧 |
[09:35] | It’ll be fun. | 会很有趣的 |
[09:35] | That’s exactly what my father said. | 这跟我爸说的完全一样 |
[09:38] | “Come to the games. Watch the games.” | “来看球赛吧 去看球赛吧” |
[09:41] | Week in and week out from the time | 周复一周的 |
[09:42] | I was five until I went off to college. | 从五岁直到我上大学 |
[09:44] | Longest seven years of my life. | 人生当中最漫长的七年 |
[09:48] | Please, I’m asking you as a friend. | 求你了 这是朋友的请求 |
[09:52] | Are you making this a tier one friendship request? | 你要将这作为一级友情请求吗 |
[09:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:59] | Fine. | 那好吧 |
[10:00] | – I really appreciate this. – Yeah, yeah. | -我非常感谢 -算了 算了 |
[10:03] | All right, Poindexter, sit down, shut up and listen. | 那好 呆子 闭嘴 坐下听好 |
[10:07] | I’m sorry? | 你说啥 |
[10:08] | That’s how my father always began | 我老爸每次讲到橄榄球的话题 |
[10:10] | our football conversations. | 都是这个开场白 |
[10:12] | And if you’d like, | 如果你想的话 |
[10:13] | after the game, | 比赛后 |
[10:14] | I’ll take you outside and teach you how to shoot | 我还可以带你出去 |
[10:16] | Close enough to racoon that craps itself. | 教你射会自己便便的浣熊 |
[10:41] | When are you going to stop making Cylon toast? | 你能别再摆弄赛昂吐司了吗(太空堡垒卡拉狄加里的人类天敌) |
[10:45] | When I have enough to destroy all the human toast | 待我囤积的吐司大军 足以毁灭传说中 |
[10:47] | on the battlestar known as Galactica. | 太空堡垒卡拉狄加上的人类吐司之后 |
[10:52] | Is that what you’re wearing to watch football at Penny’s? | 你就穿这去佩妮那儿看橄榄球吗 |
[10:54] | What’s wrong with a football jersey? | 这件球衣咋不对劲了 |
[10:56] | Nothing. | 没啥 |
[10:57] | That, however, appears to be a football cocktail dress. | 只是看上去更像特制橄榄球鸡尾酒 |
[11:03] | I’s the smallest size they had, | 这是最小号的 |
[11:05] | except the one for dogs. | 除了狗狗衫以外 |
[11:08] | I can’t believe they had one for dogs. | 难以置信 居然还有专门的狗狗衫 |
[11:10] | Oh, yes. | 当然有了 |
[11:12] | Canine football fans are a common sight in Texas. | 犬类球迷在德州司空见惯 |
[11:14] | Cats, however, refuse to wear sporting apparel. | 但是猫咪却不肯穿运动服 |
[11:18] | My sister found that out the hard way. | 我姐有过惨痛教训 |
[11:23] | Anyway, wish me luck. | 管他的 祝我好运吧 |
[11:24] | Leonard, wait. | 等等 莱纳德 |
[11:25] | Am I correct in assuming that your attempt to be accepted | 你是想通过结交佩妮的朋友 |
[11:29] | by Penny’s peers is based on your desire to ensure | 来维持你俩间的性爱关系 |
[11:32] | your continuing mating privileges with her? | 我这么假设没错吧 |
[11:37] | Well, I wouldn’t put it exactly that way | 对我来说不尽然如此 |
[11:39] | How would you put it? | 那到底是怎样 |
[11:41] | Yeah, okay, like you said. | 好吧 其实就是你说的那样 |
[11:45] | Huh. Seems like an awful lot of trouble | 看来要经历一段性关系 |
[11:48] | to go through for intercourse. | 还真是麻烦得要命 |
[11:51] | Don’t you have access to women who will do it for money? | 你就不能花钱找个妓女吗 |
[11:57] | By the way. | 顺便 |
[11:59] | Another accepted usage for the term “ho.” | 在这种语境下也可以”嗬”一声 |
[12:04] | Good-bye, Sheldon. | 再见 谢尔顿 |
[12:05] | Hold on | 等下 |
[12:07] | I believe that social convention | 我认为按照社会传统规定 |
[12:09] | dictate you not arriving empty-handed. | 你可不能两手空空地上门 |
[12:11] | Would you like to bring some Cylon toast? | 带些赛昂吐司吧 |
[12:14] | Yeah, no, I’m trying to fit in, not get laughed at. | 不带 我想融入其中 才不想被嘲笑 |
[12:21] | What’s funny about Cylon toast? | 赛昂吐司有啥好笑 |
[12:29] | It’s open. | 门没锁 |
[12:31] | Hey, pal. | 好啊 哥们儿 |
[12:35] | What do you want? | 你来干嘛 |
[12:36] | I brought you a little gift. | 我给你带了件小礼物 |
[12:38] | New kite. | 一只新风筝 |
[12:41] | The kite you made me lose was an authentic Patang, | 你害我输掉的那只可是正宗的帕唐风筝 |
[12:45] | Indian fighting kite | 是我兄弟从新德里给我寄来的 |
[12:46] | that my brother sent to me from New Delhi. | 印度战斗风筝 |
[12:48] | It took me a day to put together and two days to paint. | 我组装了一整天 两天用来上色 |
[12:51] | This is Hello Kitty. | 而这是Hello Kitty |
[12:56] | Yeah, but it comes with a little coin purse. | 没错 但这可附带一只零钱袋呢 |
[12:59] | Does a Patang? | 帕唐风筝有吗 |
[13:01] | Wow, you just don’t get it, do you? | 你还是不懂 是吗 |
[13:04] | Buying me something pretty isn’t going | 就算你给我买什么可爱的小玩意 |
[13:06] | to make our problem just go away. | 也不能解决问题 |
[13:10] | Look, I admit I haven’t always been | 听我说 我有时候的确 |
[13:12] | the best friend I could be. | 不是一个绝佳好友 |
[13:13] | You’ve been a sucky friend, a sucky, sucky friend. | 你根本就是超级烂友 烂到极点 |
[13:17] | Stipulated. | 没说错 |
[13:19] | And you do it all the time. | 你一直都这样 |
[13:20] | Last week in the mall at Radio Shack, we were looking | 上周在Radio Shack商场(美国电子产品零售商) |
[13:21] | for a phone with giant numbers for your mother, | 我们在帮你妈找一部超大号码键的电话 |
[13:24] | and I suddenly realize you’re not even there. | 而我一转眼 你居然就不见了 |
[13:27] | – I know, I know… – And Where were you? | -我知道 -你去哪儿了 |
[13:29] | Getting shot down by the girl at Hot Dog on a Stick. | 被HDOS快餐店的一个女孩儿勾走了 |
[13:33] | But in my defense, she was gorgeous! | 听我解释 她实在很火辣嘛 |
[13:35] | And working that squeezer to make the lemonade, | 一边用榨汁机做柠檬汁 |
[13:37] | going and down and up and down. | 一边上下扭腰摆臀的 |
[13:41] | It was like a free pole dance | 简直就是在美食天地中 |
[13:43] | right in the middle of the food court. | 免费欣赏钢管舞嘛 |
[13:45] | You’re impossible. | 你真是不可理喻 |
[13:47] | Hey, at least I can talk to women | 至少我不用喝醉酒 |
[13:50] | without being drunk. | 就能和女人交谈自如 |
[13:51] | Excuse me, I have selective mutism, | 不好意思 我这是选择性缄默症 |
[13:53] | a recognized medical disorder. | 被鉴定为是生理疾病 |
[13:55] | You’re just a douche. | 你呢 你不过是个脑残 |
[13:59] | No. You know what? | 不 知道吗 |
[14:00] | Maybe that’s what this whole thing’s about. | 也许这才是原因 |
[14:02] | You’re not mad at me, | 你不是在生我的气 |
[14:03] | you’re mad at yourself. | 而是气你自己 |
[14:04] | No, I’m mad at you. | 不 我就是生你的气 |
[14:06] | I hate myself, but I’m mad at you. | 我是讨厌自己 但我还是生你的气 |
[14:09] | Fine. You’re mad at me. I get it. | 好吧 你生我气 我明白 |
[14:12] | How about we go spend the day together? | 何不今天咱一起过 |
[14:15] | Just the two of us. | 就我们俩 |
[14:17] | We’ll go anywhere you want. | 你想去哪儿都成 |
[14:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:21] | Come on. | 别这样嘛 |
[14:24] | Let me take you someplace nice. | 我带你去好玩的地方 |
[14:30] | I-I do enjoy the La Brea Tar Pits. | 我很喜欢沥青坑博物馆(展出动物化石的公园) |
[14:35] | Really, now? With the traffic and the parking? | 现在去 那交通和停车问题 |
[14:38] | Okay, fine. | 管他的 走 |
[14:40] | The Tar Pits. Let’s go. | 沥青坑 我们来啦 |
[14:46] | Oh, why can’t I stay mad at you? | 我怎么就对你没辙呢 |
[14:54] | Go! Go! Go! | 上啊上啊 |
[14:56] | Go-go-go-go! Yes! | 快上 太好了 |
[14:58] | Are you people watching this? | 你们没看到吗 |
[14:59] | Is this amazing or what? | 这真是太棒了 |
[15:02] | Sweetie, that’s a highlight | 亲爱的 现在放的是 |
[15:02] | from the ’98 championship game. | 98年冠军赛的比赛集锦 |
[15:05] | Oh. Did not know that. | 我不知道 |
[15:09] | – How much beer have you had? – None, why? | -你喝了多少 -没喝 怎么 |
[15:11] | Oh. I was just kind of hoping you were drunk. | 没啥 我只是希望你喝醉了 |
[15:15] | – Now we’re back live. – Okay, yeah. | -现在回到现场直播了 -好 |
[15:17] | I can see the difference. | 我能看出跟之前的差别 |
[15:19] | Oh, where’s the flag? That’s intentional grounding. | 怎么不掷黄旗 那绝对是故意出界 |
[15:22] | – Totally. – That completely was a forward pass, | -绝对的 -那完全就是个向前传球 |
[15:25] | Which they threw intentionally incomplete | 也就是说他们故意传球不成功 |
[15:27] | To avoid loss of yardage or to conserve time | 以免被罚码数 或为了节省时间 |
[15:31] | I can’t believe they’re not | 我真不敢相信 裁判甚至不 |
[15:32] | Being penalized with the loss of a down | 罚掉他们失去一次进攻机会 |
[15:35] | And by having to move the line of scrimmage | 并将启球线 |
[15:37] | Back to the spot of the foul. | 移回到犯规的地方重新开始进攻 |
[15:41] | Here, have some pizza, sweetie. | 来 吃块披萨 亲爱的 |
[15:44] | Penny, you know I’m lactose intolerant. | 佩妮 你知道我有乳糖不耐症的 |
[15:45] | I know. I just need you stop talking. | 我知道 我只想让你别说话 |
[15:49] | Penny. Penny. Penny. | 佩妮 佩妮 佩妮 |
[15:54] | – Sheldon, come in. – Thank you. | -谢尔顿 进来吧 -谢谢 |
[15:56] | I’d like to make a sandwich, but I’m out of bread. | 我想做三明治 但没面包了 |
[16:00] | There’s some in the fridge. | 冰箱里有 |
[16:03] | You shouldn’t keep your bread in the refrigerator. | 你不该把面包放冰箱里的 |
[16:05] | Staleness is caused by crystallization of the starch molecules, | 淀粉分子间的结晶作用 会让面包变硬 |
[16:08] | Which occurs faster at cool temperatures. | 在低温条件下 这一过程会加速 |
[16:11] | On Earth, we say “thank you.” | 在地球上 我们都说”谢谢” |
[16:13] | So Leonard, how goes the mimesis? | 莱纳德 鹦鹉学舌得怎么样 |
[16:16] | “Mimesis”? | 鹦鹉学舌 |
[16:18] | You know. Mimesis. | 你知道的 鹦鹉学舌 |
[16:21] | An action in which the mimic takes on the properties | 就是鹦鹉学着某个特定的目标或人物 |
[16:24] | of a specific object or organism. | 模仿他们的行为 |
[16:27] | Mimesis. | 鹦鹉学舌 |
[16:31] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么啊 |
[16:33] | I’m attempting to communicate with you | 我是在跟你交流 |
[16:36] | Without my meaning becoming apparent to those around you. | 又不想让你周围的人明白 |
[16:40] | Let me try again. | 我再试一次好了 |
[16:42] | Have the indigenous fauna | 这几个”本地物种” |
[16:46] | Accepted you as one of their own? | 接受你为他们中一员了吗 |
[16:48] | Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. | 咯吱咯吱 使使眼色 |
[16:52] | Oh, I guess so. | 我想是吧 |
[16:54] | Good. Oh, FYI. | 很好 顺便提醒你 |
[16:56] | After I eat my sandwich, I’m taking Koothrappali’s | 我吃完三明治之后 我就带库萨帕里的 |
[16:59] | Patang kite out for a test run. | 帕唐风筝出去试飞一下 |
[17:01] | Would you like to get your delta-wing raptor and join me? | 你想带着你的三角翼猛禽 跟我一起去吗 |
[17:04] | I don’t want to fly kites, Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 我不想去放风筝 |
[17:05] | We’re watching football here. | 我们正看球赛呢 |
[17:07] | I can see that. | 我看得出来 |
[17:09] | I was providing you with an alternative. | 只是给你另外一个选择而已 |
[17:12] | A courtesy I was never offered in similar circumstances. | 而且是之前从未在类似情况下提供过的恩惠 |
[17:18] | Oh, look at that. | 快看 |
[17:19] | The Oklahoma coach throw down a red flag | 俄克拉荷马的主教练掷红旗 |
[17:21] | Indicating he’s challenging the ruling on the field. | 表明他对场上裁决表示异议 |
[17:24] | I hope he’s right, ’cause if he’not, | 希望他是对的 不然的话 |
[17:26] | It’ll cost him one of his three time-outs. | 他就要付出三次暂停中的一次作为代价了 |
[17:33] | You know, Leonard, honey, | 莱纳德 亲爱的 |
[17:35] | I wouldn’t mind if you wanted to go fly kites with Sheldon. | 你想跟谢尔顿出去斗风筝的话 我不介意的 |
[17:39] | No, I’ll watch the end of the game. | 不 我想看完这比赛 |
[17:41] | Besides, there’s only three minutes left. | 再说 反正也就剩三分钟了 |
[17:43] | Until halftime. | 上半场剩三分钟 |
[17:44] | This is justalf? | 才到上半场结束 |
[17:47] | We’ve been here for hours. | 都几个小时了 |
[17:48] | And you’re gonna be here for a couple more. | 还得再有几个小时 |
[17:50] | – Oh, you’re kidding me. – No. | -你开什么玩笑 -没开玩笑 |
[17:51] | Nice meeting all of you. | 很高兴见到各位 |
[17:56] | So, yeah, anyway, that’s my boyfriend. | 是啊 那啥 那就是我男朋友 |
[18:00] | He is really smart. | 他真的很聪明 |
[18:11] | I really like my saber-toothed cat. | 这剑齿猫[即剑齿虎]我真的很喜欢 |
[18:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:14] | My pleasure. | 别客气 |
[18:16] | Maybe after lunch, we can go to Marie Callender’s | 也许午饭后 我们还可以去圣安东尼奥餐厅 |
[18:19] | And have some pie. | 吃几个派 |
[18:20] | I’d like it. | 我很想去 |
[18:24] | This is turning out to be a perfect Saturday. | 这真是一个完美的周六 |
[18:26] | Good.I’m glad. | 很好 我很荣幸 |
[18:31] | Oh, man. Did you see the way she smiled at me? | 兄弟 看到她怎么对我笑了吗 |
[18:35] | Fine. Go ahead. | 好吧 你去好了 |
[18:37] | No. This is our day. | 不行 今儿就我们俩过 |
[18:39] | If you want to chase after her,chase after her. | 想去追的话 就去吧 |
[18:44] | Ah, who am I kidding? I wouldn’t have a shot with a girl like that. | 开什么玩笑 那样的女孩 我一点机会都没有的 |
[18:46] | Don’t put yourself down. | 别这么妄自菲薄 |
[18:48] | You’re a very attractive man. | 你还是很有吸引力的 |
[18:50] | – You think so? – Yeah. | -你真这么想 -对 |
[18:51] | Absolutely. It wouldn’t kill you | 当然 虽然我不会强迫你跟我去上 |
[18:53] | To take a Pilates class with me now and then, | 普拉提锻炼肌肉 |
[18:55] | But you have a certain wiry appeal | 但你的竹竿身材还是有点吸引力的 |
[18:57] | Yeah, well, it doesn’t matter | 是啊 都无所谓了 |
[18:59] | ’cause she wasn’t really smiling at me. | 因为她又没真的对我笑 |
[19:01] | Actually, in this case, I think she was. | 事实上 这次我觉得她确实有 |
[19:04] | Really? | 真的 |
[19:04] | – Yeah. – Bye. | -真的 -回见 |
[19:09] | What a douche. | 真是个傻瓜 |