时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | This movie baffles me every time we watch it. | 每次看这部电影 我都很困惑 |
[00:09] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[00:11] | The instructions are very clear: | 指南说得一清二楚 |
[00:12] | “don’t feed the gremlins after midnight.” | 午夜后别喂魔怪 |
[00:15] | “don’t get the gremlins wet.” | 别弄湿魔怪 |
[00:20] | How hard is that? | 这能有多难 |
[00:23] | Hi, guys. | 伙计们好啊 |
[00:24] | Hi, honey. | 好啊 亲爱的 |
[00:25] | Hey. | 好 |
[00:26] | Ooh, we’re “honey” now, are we? | 都已经是”亲爱的”啦 |
[00:28] | Yes. Since their relationship become carnal, | 对 自从他们发展至肉体关系 |
[00:31] | Penny has upgraded his designated term of endearment, | 佩妮就升级了对他的爱称 |
[00:34] | Thus distinguishing him from those she calls “sweetie,” | 跟她称为”甜心”的人区分 |
[00:36] | Usually in an attempt to soften a thinly-veiled insult. | 通常为了略微消减隐含的讽刺之意 |
[00:40] | You’re boring people, “sweetie”. | 别这么无聊 “甜心” |
[00:43] | Although, sometimes, she omits the veil entirely. | 但有时她就是赤裸裸的讽刺 |
[00:48] | So, what are you guys doing? | 你们在干什么 |
[00:49] | Celebrating Columbus day. | 庆祝哥伦布发现美洲纪念日 |
[00:51] | We’re watching goonies, gremlins and young sherlock holmes. | 我们在看《七宝奇谋》《小魔怪》《少年福尔摩斯》 |
[00:54] | They’re all written by Chris Columbus. | 都是克里斯·哥伦布的作品 |
[00:58] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[00:59] | What do you watch on thanksgiving? | 那你们感恩节看什么 |
[01:01] | The parade. | 游行 |
[01:04] | Oh, you know, that reminds me– | 这倒是提醒了我 |
[01:06] | I usually go back to Nebraska for thanksgiving, | 我通常回内布拉斯加过感恩节 |
[01:08] | But this year they’re calling it off, | 但今年取消了 |
[01:09] | On account of my brother’s trial. | 因为我哥哥被人告了 |
[01:11] | What’s he on trial for? | 为什么 |
[01:13] | Oh, just a big misunderstanding. | 只是个误会 |
[01:14] | You know, you’d actually like my brother. | 你应该会喜欢我哥哥 |
[01:16] | He’s kind of a chemist. | 他也算是个化学家 |
[01:20] | Anyway, I was thinking I’d have thanksgiving here, | 既然我今年在这里过感恩节 |
[01:23] | And you are all invited. | 你们都要来 |
[01:24] | Oh. I’ll be there. | 我会去的 |
[01:25] | Will you be serving cranberry jelly | 你是用蔓越橘果冻 |
[01:27] | Or cranberry sauce? | 还是蔓越橘酱招待客人 |
[01:29] | I guess I could serve both. | 估计两个都有 |
[01:31] | You guess? You don’t seem to have much of a handle on this. | 估计 貌似你对这方面不在行 |
[01:36] | Yeah, I really wish I could, Penny, but every year, | 佩妮 我很想参加 但每年 |
[01:39] | My mother has all the relatives over and cooks up | 我妈都请所有亲戚过来 |
[01:42] | Her famous tur-briska-fil. | 做传说中的鸡胸鱼 |
[01:44] | Tur-briska-fil? | 鸡脯鱼? |
[01:46] | Turkey stuffed with a brisket stuffed with gefilte fish. | 火鸡包胸脯肉杂 胸脯肉里包鱼丸 |
[01:52] | It’s not as good as it sounds. | 没听起来那么好吃 |
[01:55] | Raj, what about you? | 拉杰 你呢 |
[01:56] | Oh, he usually comes to my house. Right, pal? | 他通常都去我家过节 对吧 |
[02:03] | All right, this year, you don’t have to | 好啦 今年不逼你 |
[02:05] | Eat the tur-briska-fil. | 吃鸡脯鱼啦 |
[02:08] | I don’t even chew it. | 我根本不嚼 |
[02:09] | I swallow it like pills. | 直接当药丸吞 |
[02:38] | So, what’s going on with Raj? | 拉杰怎么了 |
[02:40] | Well, the good news is, | 好消息是 |
[02:42] | He has no problem with my mother’s tur-brka-fil. | 我对我妈的鸡脯鱼没意见 |
[02:45] | Hard to believe, but go on. | 真不敢相信 继续说 |
[02:48] | The bad news is, he says he’getting deported. | 坏消息是 他要被驱逐出境了 |
[02:51] | What do you mean, | 他要被驱逐出境 |
[02:52] | He’s getting deported? | 是什么意思 |
[02:53] | I believe it means that the U.S. Government | 意思是美国政府 |
[02:55] | Is going to expel him from the country. | 要驱赶他离开本国 |
[02:58] | He could then either return to his native india, | 他要么回印度老家 |
[03:00] | Emigrate to another country that’s willing to accept him, | 要么移居接受他的国家 |
[03:02] | Or wander the high seas as a stateless pirate. | 或者去公海当个无国籍海盗 |
[03:08] | Personally, I’d choose pirate. | 要是我 我就选海盗 |
[03:11] | Penny, would you mind stepping outside | 佩妮 你能不能先出去 |
[03:13] | So we can speak to him? | 我们才能和他谈谈 |
[03:14] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[03:16] | But the man really needs to work on his girl issues. | 但他也该改改不敢跟女生说话的毛病了 |
[03:18] | Another reason to consider life of piracy. | 这也是考虑做海盗的理由 |
[03:21] | Even today, I unrstand that’s an all-male profession. | 即使是今天 海盗仍是男性职业 |
[03:26] | Okay, she’s go. | 好了 她走了 |
[03:32] | Sorry. I lost my cool. | 对不起 我失态了 |
[03:35] | So, what’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[03:38] | Okay, here’s the deal: | 事情是这样的 |
[03:40] | Six months ago, my research testing | 六个月前 我的实验 |
[03:42] | The predicted composition of trans-neptunian objects | 测试海王星物体的成分 |
[03:44] | Ran into a dead end. | 宣告失败 |
[03:46] | So? | 所以? |
[03:47] | So, my visa’s only good as long as i employ to the university. | 我的签证只有在大学任聘才有用 |
[03:50] | And when they find out that I’ve got squat, | 如果他们发现我的实验一无所获 |
[03:51] | They’re going to cut me off. | 他们就会裁掉我 |
[03:53] | By the way, when I say squat, I mean diddly-squat. | 而且 我说的一无所获是一丁点都没有 |
[03:57] | I wish I had squat. | 我倒是希望有那么一丁点收获 |
[04:01] | So, wait, what have you been doing for the past six months? | 等等 那你过去6个月都在做什么 |
[04:03] | You know, checking e-mail, | 收收邮件啦 |
[04:06] | Updating my facebook status, | 更新FACEBOOK页面啦 |
[04:08] | Messing up wikipedia entries. | 搞搞维基词条啦 |
[04:12] | Hey, do you know netflix | 你们知道吗 |
[04:14] | Lets you stream movies on your computer now? | NETFLIX现在允许客户端下载电影了 |
[04:16] | And you’ve continued to take the university’s money | 这么说你一直都拿大学的薪水 |
[04:19] | Under false pretenses? | 蒙混过日子 |
[04:20] | Highly unethical for an astrophysicist. | 你这个天体物理学家也太没职业道德了 |
[04:23] | Although practically mandatory for a pirate. | 不过倒是很适合海盗 |
[04:27] | I don’t want to go back to india. | 我不想回印度 |
[04:29] | It’s hot and loud, and there’s so many people. | 印度又热又吵 人又多 |
[04:34] | You have no idea– they’re everywhere. | 你们不知道 到处都是人 |
[04:38] | Okay, guys, think. | 伙计们 动动脑子 |
[04:39] | How do we keep Raj in the country? | 怎么才能让拉杰留下来 |
[04:46] | Why doesn’t he just get another job? | 另找一份工作不就行了 |
[04:54] | What are you asking me for? | 你问我有什么用 |
[04:56] | I don’t know if you can talk now or not. | 我哪知道你能不能说话 |
[05:03] | Oh, beef… | 牛肉 |
[05:05] | I’m going to miss you so much. | 我会很想念你的 |
[05:08] | Do you know, at the mumbai Mcdonald’s, | 知道吗 孟买的麦当劳 |
[05:10] | You can’t get a big mac? | 没有巨无霸 |
[05:11] | All you can get is a chicken maharaja mac. | 只有鸡肉大君麦香堡 |
[05:15] | And the special sauce– | 而特制酱料 |
[05:16] | Curry– which, in india, believe you me, | 咖喱 相信我 在印度 |
[05:17] | Is really not that special. | 咖喱一点也不特别 |
[05:21] | Don’t worry, you’ll find another job. | 别担心 能找到工作的 |
[05:23] | Yeah,let me start practicing for it. | 我先练习一下 |
[05:25] | “do you want fries with maharaja mac?” | “要薯条和大君麦香堡吗” |
[05:28] | Hi, Leonard. | 好啊 莱纳德 |
[05:29] | Hello, Raj. | 好啊 拉杰 |
[05:30] | Hello, Sheldon. | 你好 谢尔顿 |
[05:33] | Forgive me, as you know, I’m no adept at reading facial cues, | 不好意思 虽然我还不善长解读面部表情 |
[05:36] | But I’m going to take a stab here: | 但我想试一试 |
[05:38] | You’re either sad or nauseated. | 你不是在伤心就是在反胃中 |
[05:41] | – I’m sad. – I was going to say sad. | -我是伤心 -我正准备说伤心的 |
[05:44] | I don’t know why I hedged. | 不知道怎么的我犹豫了 |
[05:47] | What are you eating? | 你在吃什么 |
[05:48] | Elbow macaroni with ground hamburger and tomato sauce. | 曲管通心粉配牛肉酱和番茄酱 |
[05:51] | Oh, beefaroni. | 噢 牛肉通心粉 |
[05:53] | I think I’ll miss you most of all. | 我最怀念的就会是你了 |
[05:56] | I’ve always been a little confused about this. | 我一直对这事儿有些疑惑 |
[05:58] | Why don’t hindus eat beef? | 为什么印度教不准吃牛肉 |
[05:59] | We believe cows are gods. | 我们相信牛就是神 |
[06:01] | Not technically. | 学术上说并不准确 |
[06:03] | In hinduism, cattle are thought to be like god. | 在印度教中 牛被认为长的像神 |
[06:05] | Do not tell me about my own culture, Sheldon! | 不需要你教我自家的文化 谢尔顿 |
[06:07] | In the mood I’m in, I’ll take you out– | 就我现在的心情 老子会揪你出去的 |
[06:08] | I swear to cow! | 我向牛发誓 |
[06:11] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:14] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[06:15] | I’m just… I’m a little on edge. | 我只是 我有点激动了 |
[06:16] | Understandle. | 可以理解 |
[06:18] | Your entire life seems to be crumbling around you, | 你的整个人生仿佛崩溃了 |
[06:19] | And your future appears bleak at best. | 你的未来充其量也只能说惨淡无光 |
[06:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:24] | And you’re wrong about hinduism and cows. | 而且你在印度教和牛的问题上是错的 |
[06:27] | Hey, Raj, guess what. | 拉杰 你猜怎么着 |
[06:29] | Professor Laughlin is looking for someone to join | 拉夫林教授正招募人员加入 |
[06:30] | The stellar evolution research team. | 恒星进化科研小组 |
[06:32] | You-you’re kidding! That’s fantastic! | 真的吗 那太棒了 |
[06:33] | What are you waiting for? Call him and set up an interview. | 那你还在等什么 打电话预约面试啊 |
[06:36] | I’m on it. | 现在就打 |
[06:37] | That’s happy, right? | 这叫高兴 对吗 |
[06:38] | – Yeah. – Nailed it. | -没错 -搞定 |
[06:43] | Dr. Koothrappali, come on in. | 库萨帕里博士 请进 |
[06:45] | I was surprised to hear you were interested | 我很惊讶你居然想加入 |
[06:46] | In joining our little team. | 我们这个小团队 |
[06:48] | Giving up on those trans-neptunian objects, are we? | 放弃那些海王星外星体了 是吗 |
[06:50] | No, no, it’s a very promising area. | 不 不 那是个很有前景的领域 |
[06:52] | In a perfect world, I’d spend several more years on it. | 如果条件理想 我愿意花数年在这课题上 |
[06:55] | But I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity | 但我却不能放弃这个机会 |
[06:57] | To work with you on your tremendously exciting | 与您共同研究这个令人无比兴奋 |
[06:59] | And not yet conclusively disproved hypothesis. | 且还未最终定论的假设上 |
[07:02] | Splendid. | 说的太精彩了 |
[07:03] | Uh, please sit down. | 请坐 |
[07:05] | Can I offer you a Sherry? | 要来一杯雪利酒吗 |
[07:06] | It’s a little early, isn’t it? | 现在还为时过早 不是吗 |
[07:08] | Not on Proxima Centauri. | 我们不在比邻星上[很暗的恒星 意指还早] |
[07:10] | That’s very good. | 说的太好了 |
[07:12] | Jolly amusing, but if you don’t mind, | 非常有趣 但如果你不介意的话 |
[07:15] | I’ll hold off until suet on Titan. | 把我那杯留到泰坦星日落之时[土卫六 日落晚] |
[07:18] | Well done. | 说的好 |
[07:19] | I have a feeling you’re going | 我预感你将会 |
[07:20] | To fit in just fine, Dr. Koothrappali. | 很好的融入这个团队的 库萨帕里博士 |
[07:22] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢称赞 先生 |
[07:24] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[07:25] | Am I late? | 我来晚了吗 |
[07:26] | No, no, no. Right on time. | 不 不 时间正好 |
[07:28] | Dr. Koothrappali, may I present | 库萨帕里博士 请允许我向你介绍 |
[07:30] | Dr. Millstone from MIT. | 来自麻省理工的麦思彤博士 |
[07:31] | She’ll be heading up our data analysis team. | 她将领导我们的数据分析小组 |
[07:33] | It’s nice to meet you, Dr. Koothrappali. | 很高兴认识你 库萨帕里博士 |
[07:37] | I read your paper on Kuiper Belt object size distribution. | 我读了您关于柯伊伯带物体大小分布的文章 |
[07:40] | I really enjoy it. | 我非常喜欢 |
[07:46] | How did you correct for the selection bias? | 您是如何修正选择偏差的呢 |
[07:49] | Well, I ran a simulation that allowed me | 我进行了模拟测试 |
[07:52] | To correct for the observational efficiency. | 令我可以修正观测效率 |
[07:55] | That’s just fascinating. | 这实在是太牛了 |
[07:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:00] | Would you like to hear more about it in my hot tub? | 你想在我的热水浴池里了解更多细节吗 |
[08:07] | So, when do I start? | 那 我们什么时候开始呢 |
[08:12] | What do you mean you didn’t get the job? | 你没得到工作是什么意思 |
[08:14] | How could you not get it? | 你怎么可能得不到 |
[08:15] | U know… He’s british; I’m indian. | 你知道的 他是英国人 我是印度人 |
[08:20] | Ever since Gandhi, they haven’t liked us very much. | 自甘地之后 他们就对我们不大友好了 |
[08:23] | Wait, are you saying that he discriminated against you? | 等等 你是说他对你有种族歧视 |
[08:26] | Because we should file a complaint. | 因为我们应该提出控告 |
[08:28] | That’s okay. | 可以是可以 |
[08:29] | A complaint’s been filed. | 已经有人来控告了 |
[08:32] | So, that’s it. | 好了 玩完了 |
[08:34] | That was my last hope. | 那是我最后的希望 |
[08:35] | I’m going to be deported, | 我要被驱除出境了 |
[08:38] | Sent home in disgrace, | 狼狈地回到家里 |
[08:39] | Exposed to the sardonic barb of my cousin Sanjay. | 被我表亲桑杰冷嘲热讽 |
[08:42] | Or, as you may know him, | 或许你们知道他的马甲 |
[08:44] | Dave from at&t customer service. | 是AT&T的客服人员戴夫 |
[08:51] | I’m really going to miss you. | 我会很想你的 |
[08:53] | Will you come visit me india? | 你会来印度探望我吗 |
[08:56] | Gee, that’s, like, a 17-hour flight. | 天 那个 貌似要17小时的飞机吧 |
[08:58] | How about I meet you halfway? | 要不我们在中点相见 |
[09:00] | Halfway is 600 miles off the coast of japan. | 中点是在离日本海岸线600英里的地方 |
[09:03] | Tell you what, we’ll Skype. | 干脆这样 我们视频吧 |
[09:08] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[09:10] | – Hey. – Raj, | -嗨 -拉杰 |
[09:11] | Did you get a job with Professor Laughlin? | 你得到了拉夫林教授的工作吗 |
[09:13] | – No. – I assumed as much. | -没有 -我猜也是 |
[09:15] | But never fear. | 但别害怕 |
[09:16] | Like the subordinate male protagonist | 就像是无数的动作片里面 |
[09:18] | In countless action movies | 那些次要男主角 |
[09:19] | Who disappears half way through the second reel, | 在影片放到一半时消失那样 |
[09:21] | I have returned to save the day. | 我现在回来拯救世界 |
[09:27] | Odd. | 奇怪了 |
[09:28] | Usually, he’s met by cheers. | 他通常都是在欢呼声中回归的 |
[09:30] | Anyway, I was thinking about exploring | 不论如何 我正想着探索 |
[09:33] | The string theory implications | 超弦理论在 |
[09:34] | Of gamma rays from dark matter annihilations, | 暗物质湮灭时所放出的伽玛射线中的含义 |
[09:35] | And it occurred to me that I could benefit– | 我突然间发现我能利用 |
[09:37] | Excuse me, Sheldon. | 打扰一下 谢尔顿 |
[09:39] | How many reels before the subordine male protagonist | 通常需要浪费多少卷胶片才能让次要的男主角 |
[09:41] | Gets to s point? | 说到重点上 |
[09:42] | I’m sorry– if you didn’t cheer at my entrance, | 不好意思 如果你没有为我的出场欢呼 |
[09:44] | It’s too late to buy into the premise. | 那你现在提出你的假设也为时已晚了 |
[09:49] | Anyway, I got some extra money | 不管怎么说 我从系主任那里 |
[09:51] | From the head of the department, | 获得了多余的资金 |
[09:52] | And Raj can come work for me. | 而拉杰可以来给我打工 |
[09:55] | You want me to work with you? | 你想让我与你共事 |
[09:57] | For me. | 是给我打工 |
[10:00] | You’re going to have to listen | 你今后在工作的时候 |
[10:01] | More careful when you’re on the job. | 必须要更仔细的听清我的话 |
[10:03] | Ay, uh, please don’t take this the wrong way, | 好吧 但是可别搞错了 |
[10:06] | But I’d rather swim buck-naked across the Ganges | 我情愿在乳头上别张纸 |
[10:09] | With a paper cut on my nipple | 赤条条地游过恒河 |
[10:11] | And die a slow, agonizing death | 抑或是染上病毒痛苦而挣扎着死掉 |
[10:13] | From a viral infection than work with you. | 也不要和你一起工作 |
[10:18] | For me. | 是为我工作 |
[10:30] | Sheldon, are you busy? | 谢尔顿 你在忙吗 |
[10:31] | Of course I’m busy. | 这不废话么 |
[10:34] | Shall I wait? | 那要我等你吗 |
[10:35] | Yes, please | 当然了 |
[10:50] | How may I help you? | 能为你效劳吗 |
[10:52] | I’ve reconsidered your offer to let me work with you. | 我重新考虑了你提出的合作建议 |
[10:55] | For me | 是为我工作 |
[10:57] | Yes, for you. | 是是 为你工作 |
[11:00] | I do, however, have a few conditions. | 我接受 但有几个条件 |
[11:02] | First, at all times, | 首先 任何情况下 |
[11:03] | I am to be treated as a colleague and an equal. | 你都得把我看作同事平等对待 |
[11:06] | Second, my contributions shall noted | 其次 在所有发表物上 |
[11:08] | In all published material. | 都应注明我的名字和贡献 |
[11:09] | And third, you are never allowed to lecture me | 第三 绝不许你在我面前 |
[11:11] | On hinduism or my Indian culture. | 挑剔我的印度教或印度文化 |
[11:14] | I’m impressed, Raj. | 真令我感到钦佩 拉杰 |
[11:16] | Those are very cogent and reasonable conditions. | 你提得条件中肯而合理 |
[11:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:19] | I reject them all. | 我统统拒绝 |
[11:21] | Then you leave me no choice. | 那我就毫无选择了 |
[11:24] | I accept the job. | 只能接受这份工作 |
[11:26] | I’m sorry, I believe you’ve misunderstood. | 真抱歉 我想你大概搞错了 |
[11:30] | I’m not giving you the job. | 我才不是请你来工作 |
[11:32] | I’m simply affording you the opportunity to apply for it. | 我只是给你一个机会来应征 |
[11:37] | Have a seat; we’ll get started with the interview. | 坐下吧 我们先来面试 |
[11:39] | Wha… You’re kidding! | 靠 你开玩笑吗 |
[11:41] | Please. | 请坐 |
[11:43] | all right. | 好吧 |
[11:48] | So… | 好吧… |
[11:53] | That’s what you wear to an interview? | 你就穿这个来面试吗 |
[11:56] | Come on, dude, we’ve been friends for years. | 行行好吧 哥们 我们可是多年的老友啊 |
[11:59] | Oh, pulling strings, are we? | 哇 开始套近乎了吗 |
[12:02] | Sheldon, for god’s sakes, don’t make me beg. | 谢尔顿 看在老天爷的份上 别逼我求你 |
[12:05] | Bazinga! | 逗你玩! |
[12:08] | You’ve fallen victim | 你是我经典实用笑话 |
[12:09] | To another one of my classic practical jokes. | 的第N个受害者 |
[12:14] | I’m your boss now. You may want to laugh at that. | 我现在可是老板 你敢说我的笑话不好笑? |
[12:20] | Ah, this is nice having the place to ourselves, isn’t it? | 二人世界的感觉真棒 不是吗 |
[12:23] | Uh-huh. | 唔唔 |
[12:25] | Now that raj is working for sheldon, | 拉杰正和谢尔顿一起工作 |
[12:26] | I don’t have to chauffeur him around anymore. | 我就不用开车载他了 |
[12:28] | plus, yeah, with them working late so much, | 更重要的是 他们工作到这么晚 |
[12:31] | We get some privacy. | 我们就能过二人世界了 |
[12:32] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[12:34] | Hey, want to get a little crazy? | 想来点儿刺激的吗 |
[12:38] | What are you thinking? | 你想怎样 |
[12:40] | Let’s slide over to sheldon’s spot and make out. | 我们在谢尔顿的专座上狠狠干一场 |
[12:45] | You are a dirty girl. | 你可真是放荡 |
[12:51] | Oh, god, how did he know? | 天啊 他怎么知道 |
[12:54] | Hello. | 你们好啊 |
[12:55] | Hi, howard. | 嗨 霍华德 |
[12:57] | Am I interrupting? | 我打扰你们了吗 |
[12:59] | Little bit, yeah. | 是有一点 |
[13:00] | Guess I should have called. | 我应该先打个电话来 |
[13:02] | Yeah, maybe. | 说得也是 |
[13:11] | Tonight’s the night I usually go line dancing | 今晚我通常都和拉杰一起 |
[13:13] | With raj at the palomino. | 去帕拉米诺跳排排舞 |
[13:16] | Uh-huh. | 然后呢 |
[13:19] | But he’s working with sheldon. | 但他现在却要和谢尔顿一起工作 |
[13:21] | Yes, we know. | 我们知道 |
[13:23] | Want me to leave? | 要我走吗 |
[13:24] | You know, whatever. | 也无所谓啦 |
[13:26] | Okay, I guess I can hang for a little while. | 那好 我就在这消磨一会儿好了 |
[13:30] | So what are we watching? | 在看什么呢 |
[13:33] | Sex and the city. Yikes. | 哇 欲望都市 |
[13:36] | Hey, I happen to love this mie. | 别换台 我喜欢这部电影 |
[13:38] | Fine, let’s watch it. | 好 那就看吧 |
[13:40] | Maybe all our periods will synchronize. | 好像我们的经期同步了哈 |
[13:47] | All right, we’re going to be designing an experiment | 好 我们现在要设计一个实验 |
[13:50] | To look for the annihilation spectrum | 以观察由于宇宙暗物质的碰撞 |
[13:52] | Resulting from dark matter collisions in space. | 而产生的光谱湮灭现象 |
[13:54] | Ooh, dark matter. | 哇 暗物质耶 |
[13:55] | We better bring a flashlight. | 那我们最好带个手电筒 |
[14:00] | I was making a joke. | 开玩笑而已 |
[14:02] | I’m the boss. | 我才是老板 |
[14:03] | I make the jokes. | 只有我能开玩笑 |
[14:06] | Sorry go ahead and make your joke. | 抱歉 你来吧 |
[14:09] | This is not the time for joking. | 现在有时间开玩笑吗 |
[14:11] | We’re doing serious research, | 我们可是正儿八经地在做研究 |
[14:13] | Which requires complete and utter focus. | 需要完全高度集中精神 |
[14:15] | All right, let’s buckle down and work. | 好 那就全力开工吧 |
[14:17] | (“eye of the tiger” by survivor playing) | (“虎视眈眈” 电影洛奇主题曲 幸存者乐队演奏) |
[14:48] | -Sheldon. -What? | -谢尔顿 -咋了 |
[14:49] | I need an aspirin. | 有脑残片么 |
[14:50] | Top desk drawer. | 在头个抽屉里 |
[14:58] | -Thank you. -Alright? | -谢了 -好了吗 |
[15:00] | -Yes. -Good. | -是 -很好 |
[15:09] | That was fun. | 真是有趣 |
[15:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:13] | Leonard, honey, you don’t have to say thank you | 莱纳德亲亲 我们每一次嘿咻完 |
[15:15] | Every time we have sex. | 你不用都说谢谢 |
[15:17] | Oh. Okay. | 噢 好 |
[15:19] | Tomorrow you’re going to get a card in the mail. | 明天你如果在信箱里看到张卡片 |
[15:21] | Just throw it away. | 扔了它就是 |
[15:26] | Top o’ the mornin’o ya! | 两位早上好啊(爱尔兰腔) |
[15:29] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干嘛 |
[15:33] | Well, usually, on Sundays, I go with raj | 平时星期天 我都是和拉杰一起 |
[15:35] | To scam on hippie chicks at the farmers market, | 去农贸市场骗骗嬉皮小妞 |
[15:38] | But he’s still working with sheldon, | 但他还在谢尔顿那里工作 |
[15:40] | So I thought I’d come over here | 所以我想还是到这来 |
[15:41] | And make you guys scrambled eggs and salami. | 给你们做一些炒鸡蛋和意大利香肠 |
[15:45] | It’s the perfect meal for apres l’amour. | 最适合刚缠绵过的情侣 |
[15:49] | Oh, kill me. | 噢 杀了我吧 |
[15:52] | By the way, I couldn’t help overhearing your big finish. | 顺便 无意中听到你最后那猛地一下 |
[15:55] | Bravo, leonard. | 真有你的啊 莱纳德 |
[15:59] | See, if you had killed me when I said “kill me,” | 瞧 如果我说杀了我的时候 你杀了我 |
[16:02] | I wouldn’t have had to hear that. | 我就不会听到了 |
[16:04] | What do you guys think? | 你们有何打算 |
[16:05] | Wanna take in a matinee, | 想去看个日场演出吗 |
[16:06] | Maybe go rollerblading, | 还是去溜旱冰 |
[16:07] | Catch a step class? | 去上节健身踏板课程 |
[16:09] | – Do something. – Okay. | -你倒是做点什么呢 -好吧 |
[16:12] | Um, Howard, we need talk. | 霍华德 我们得谈谈 |
[16:16] | Sure. wats up, Holmes? | 好啊 怎么了 福尔摩斯 |
[16:18] | Uh… Please understand | 你得明白 |
[16:20] | That it’s not that we don’t want you around, | 不是我们不想你呆在这儿 |
[16:23] | But Penny and I occasionally need some… | 但我和佩妮偶尔也需要… |
[16:25] | Alone time. | 独处一会儿 |
[16:31] | I-I get it, I’m the third wheel. | 我明白了 我当电灯泡了 |
[16:35] | Sorry, I should have seen that. | 抱歉 我早该明白的 |
[16:37] | I’ll get out of your way. | 我这就走 |
[16:40] | You’re gonna want to eat those eggs while they’re still hot. | 还有那些鸡蛋… 快趁热吃吧 |
[16:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:46] | There’s lox and cream cheese in the fridge. | 冰箱里还有熏鲑鱼和奶油芝士 |
[16:49] | The bagels are in the oven.I was warming them up. | 百吉饼在烤箱里 我正在加热 |
[16:53] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[16:56] | I’m just going to hang out with my mother.That’s always fun. | 我就去跟我妈呆着好了 反正一直都很好玩的 |
[17:01] | Good. | 很好 |
[17:10] | Are we terrible people? | 我们是不是太坏了 |
[17:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:13] | What do you want me to do? | 那你想让我怎么办 |
[17:16] | G-get him; bring him back. | 去追他吧 带他回来 |
[17:18] | Are you sure? | 你确定 |
[17:21] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -对 -好吧 |
[17:23] | Howard come back. | 霍华德 回来吧 |
[17:24] | Oh, you guys had me scared for a minute. | 你们还真让我担心了那么一会儿 |
[17:29] | No, no, no, no! | 不对 不对 |
[17:30] | That rate is much too low from what we’d expect from this collision. | 据我们对本次对撞的预测 这个比率远远过低了 |
[17:33] | Do you understand | 你到底明不明白 |
[17:34] | We’re talking about Dark Matter colliding in outer space? | 我们在讨论的是 暗物质在外层空间的对撞 |
[17:37] | Of course I understand. | 我当然明白 |
[17:38] | And who are you to tell me about outer space? | 你算哪根葱 来跟我讨论外层空间 |
[17:41] | I’m the astrophysicist. | 我是天体物理学家 |
[17:42] | “astro” means “space” | 天体 就意味着外太空 |
[17:44] | “astro” means “star” | 天体是指星星 |
[17:47] | Okay, well, let me just tell you, | 好吧 这么跟你说吧 |
[17:49] | If we having this argument in my native language | 如果这会儿是用我的母语在跟你争论 |
[17:51] | I’d be kicking your butt. | 我早就把你杀得片甲不留 |
[17:53] | English is your native language. | 英语本来就是你的母语 |
[17:57] | Okay, you got me there, but you’re wrong about this! | 好吧 这个让你说对了 但这边你确实错了 |
[18:01] | There is a fine line between wrong and visionary. | 错误和幻想还是有微妙区别的 |
[18:03] | Unfortunately you have to be a visionary to see it. | 不幸的是 想看我出错 除非你做梦 |
[18:07] | My god, you think that every thought | 我的天 你还真以为蹦到你脑子里的 |
[18:09] | That comes out of your head is pure gold. | 每一个想法 一定都是真金不怕火炼的 |
[18:11] | Well, let me tell you something. | 我告诉你 |
[18:12] | Some of those thoughts are pure caca. | 你有些想法 它就是一堆粪球 |
[18:14] | Caca | 粪球 |
[18:15] | It means “doo-doo.” | 就是一坨屎 |
[18:17] | All right! | 够了 |
[18:19] | First of all, Dr. Koothrappali, | 首先 库萨帕里博士 |
[18:20] | When I first proposed that you work with me.. | 我当初提议你跟我共事的时候… |
[18:22] | Aha! So I am working with you. | 这么说我是跟你共事咯 |
[18:24] | In this context, “with me” means for me.” | 在此语境下 “跟我共事”就是指”为我做事” |
[18:27] | Ah, well, in this context… | 好吧 在此语境下… |
[18:31] | If I’m wrong, prove it. | 你说我错了 证明给我看 |
[18:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:35] | Here’s where we derive the mass of the Dark Matter particle. | 这里我们推导出了暗物质粒子的质量 |
[18:37] | No, no, no. | 不 不 |
[18:39] | You’ve misstated the atomic weight of the target. | 你对它原子量的表述是错误的 |
[18:40] | – Let me finish. – You’re defacing my work. | -让我说完 -你这是在毁了我的研究 |
[18:42] | I’m not defacing it, I’m fixing it. | 不对 我是在修正你的研究 |
[18:44] | – Give me the eraser. – No. | -把白板擦给我 -不要 |
[18:46] | I said give it to me. | 我说了 把白板擦给我 |
[18:47] | Come and get it. | 有本事就来拿 |
[18:50] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[18:54] | Oh, lord. | 上帝啊 |
[18:57] | Dr. Koothrappali, | 库萨帕里博士 |
[19:00] | As your superior, I forbid you from writing on my board! | 我以你上级的身份 禁止你在我的白板上写字 |
[19:03] | You are not my superior. | 你才不是我的上级 |
[19:04] | I am in every way. | 从各方面看 我都占优势 |
[19:05] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[19:06] | Can you do this? | 这个你能做到吗 |
[19:11] | Nice working with you. | 很高兴与您共事 |
[19:17] | I’m sorry– for you. | 抱歉说错了 是为您做事 |
[19:40] | Raj… | 拉杰 |
[19:42] | Raj… Raj… | 拉杰 拉杰 |
[19:46] | I’m busy. | 我很忙 |
[19:48] | Doing what? | 忙什么 |
[19:52] | All right, you’ve made your point. | 好吧 你说得很清楚了 |
[19:54] | What do you want, Sheldon? | 你来干什么 谢尔顿 |
[19:55] | I looked over the board | 我仔细看了板上的内容 |
[19:56] | And it turns out you were right. | 结果证明 你是对的 |
[19:58] | – So you were wrong. – I didn’t say that. | -这么说 你错了 -我可没这么说 |
[20:00] | That’s the only logical inference. | 这是唯一合乎逻辑的推理 |
[20:01] | Nevertheless, I didn’t say it. | 尽管如此 反正我没说过 |
[20:03] | Anyway, I would like you to come back and work for me. | 总之 我想请你回来帮我做事 |
[20:07] | For you or with you? | 是帮你做事还是跟你共事 |
[20:09] | In this coext “for me” could mean “with me.” | 在此语境下 “帮我做事”也指”跟我共事” |
[20:14] | All right, but I have some conditions. | 好吧 但我有几个条件 |
[20:15] | – I reject them all. – I’ll take the job. | -我一概拒绝 -我接受这份工作 |
[20:18] | See you Monday. | 周一见 |
[20:20] | Wait, you have to drive me home. | 等等 你得载我回家 |
[20:23] | – How did you get here? – I walked. | -你怎么来的 -走路来的 |
[20:25] | – So walk home. – I can’t. | -那就再走回去 -不行 |
[20:26] | There’s a big dog outside… | 外面有条大狗… |
[20:33] | On the way home, we can start thinking | 回家路上 我们可以开始想想 |
[20:35] | About methods of optimizing the detector for 500 GeV particles | 为500GeV的粒子 优化探测器的办法 |
[20:38] | All right. | 好吧 |