时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Oh, boy. | 老天爷啊 |
[00:08] | What? | 干嘛 |
[00:09] | I can’t comment without violating our agreement that i’ll not criticize your work. | 我无法在不违法协议的情况下 批评你的作品 |
[00:14] | Then what was “Oh, boy”? | 那你还说”老天爷” |
[00:16] | Great restraint on my part. | 我已经相当克制自己了 |
[00:19] | There’s nothing wrong with the science here. | 我的科学研究没有问题 |
[00:22] | Perhaps you mean a different thing than I do | 你所谓的”科学研究” 跟我的相比 |
[00:24] | when you say, “Science.” | 相差甚远吧 |
[00:33] | Okay, how’s that? | 这样呢 |
[00:35] | You actually had it right in the first place. | 其实刚刚的才是对的 |
[00:38] | Once again, you’ve fallen for one of my classic pranks. | 你又掉进我的 经典恶作剧陷阱了 |
[00:43] | Bazinga! | 气死你 |
[00:50] | Now here’s a peculiar e-mail. | 收到一封很怪的邮件 |
[00:52] | The president of the university wants me to meet him | 大学校长要我明天早上8点 |
[00:55] | at his office tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. | 去他办公室见他 |
[00:57] | – Why? – It doesn’t say. | -为什么 -没说 |
[00:58] | It must be an emergency. | 肯定是紧急事件 |
[01:00] | Everyone at the university knows I eat breakfast at 8:00 | 大学里的人都知道 我8点吃早餐 |
[01:02] | and move my bowels at 8:20. | 8点20肠胃开始消化 |
[01:05] | Yes, how did we live before Twitter? | 没用啁啾鸟网站前过的是什么日子 |
[01:11] | I guess you’ll find out what it is in the morning. | 明天早上就知道什么事了 |
[01:12] | That’s 14 hours away. | 还要14个小时呢 |
[01:15] | For the next 840 minutes, | 接下来840分钟 |
[01:17] | I’m effectively one of Heisenberg’s particles; | 我会像海森堡的粒子 |
[01:19] | I know where I am or I know how fast I’m going, | 只知道自己的地点或移动速度 |
[01:22] | but I can’t know both. | 但却不能同时知道两者 |
[01:23] | Yet how am I supposed to carry on | 那我怎么受得了 |
[01:25] | with this huge annoying thing hovering over my head? | 这些恼人的东西老在我脑子里乱转 |
[01:28] | Yeah, I know the feeling. | 我很清楚这种感觉 |
[01:56] | Leonard? Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[01:58] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[02:01] | Sheldon, it’s 2:00 in the morning. | 谢尔顿 现在是早上2点啊 |
[02:02] | Why is everybody keep telling me what time it is? | 怎么每个人都跟我说现在几点 |
[02:06] | Everybody? | 每个人 |
[02:07] | You, the president of the university, his wife, | 你 大学校长 还有他妻子 |
[02:10] | their sullen teenage daughter. | 他们气急败坏的女儿 |
[02:12] | That entire family is fascinated by what time it is and whether people know it. | 他们全家都对现在几点 别人知不知道很感兴趣 |
[02:17] | You went to President Seibert’s house in the middle of the night? | 你居然在半夜跑去 塞伯特校长家 |
[02:21] | He didn’t respond to my e-mail, | 他没回复我的邮件 |
[02:23] | his phone number is unlisted. | 我又不知道他的电话 |
[02:24] | Tell me what my other option was. | 那我还能怎么办 |
[02:26] | You could have waited until morning. | 你可以等到早上啊 |
[02:29] | I know, look who I’m talking to. | 对 对于你是不可能 |
[02:32] | Do you remember the grant proposal I submitted | 你还记得我向 |
[02:35] | to the National Science Foundation to detect slow-moving monopoles | 国家科学基金会提交的 申请去北极勘测 |
[02:38] | at the magnetic North Pole? | 慢速磁单极子的申请吗 |
[02:40] | Hardly a day goes by when I don’t think about it. | 一天不记都不行呢 |
[02:44] | Aw, how nice. | 你真好 |
[02:45] | Well, a space opened up | 基金会的北极考察队员 |
[02:48] | at the last minute on the NSF expedition to the Arctic Circle. | 确定最后一刻 空出了空位 |
[02:51] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[02:55] | He offered to send you to the North Pole? | 他批准让你去北极 |
[02:58] | Yes. | 对 |
[02:59] | In fact, he was quite enthusiastic. | 他还相当热情呢 |
[03:01] | He said, “Frankly, | 他说”坦白说” |
[03:02] | if I could send you tonight, I would.” | “我巴不得今晚就送你去” |
[03:05] | Okay, well, do you want to go? | 那你想去吗 |
[03:08] | Of course not. | 当然不想 |
[03:10] | I’m a theoretical physicist. | 我是理论物理学家 |
[03:12] | A career I chose in no small part because it’s indoors, | 我选这个职业完全出于能在家办公 |
[03:15] | but if I’m able to detect slow-moving magnetic monopoles there, | 但如果我能在北极 勘测出慢速磁单极子 |
[03:20] | I will be the scientis to confirm string theory. | 我就能成为证明弦理论的科学家 |
[03:23] | People will write books about me. | 人们会写书赞扬我 |
[03:25] | Third-graders will create macaroni-art dioramas depicting scenes from my life. | 三年级学生会做意粉画 描绘我的一生呢 |
[03:30] | Sure, maybe a tableau of me trying to pummel you to death. | 当然 说不定画个我揍死你的场景 |
[03:35] | Sarcasm? | 冷嘲热讽? |
[03:37] | Maybe. | 有可能 |
[03:40] | I’m on the horns of a dilemma. | 真叫人难以取舍 |
[03:43] | Can you imagine me, Sheldon Cooper, at the North Pole? | 你能想象我 谢尔顿·库珀 在北极吗 |
[03:46] | Easy peasy, I’m doing it right now. | 小菜一碟 我现在就想着呢 |
[03:49] | I’m not good with cold, Leonard. | 但我怕冷啊 莱纳德 |
[03:52] | How often have we had to leave a movie theater | 我们都多少次因为我喝冰吸太快 |
[03:54] | because I got a headache | 结果头疼 |
[03:55] | from drinking the Icee too fast? | 提前离开电影院了 |
[03:57] | I can’t go. | 我不能去 |
[03:59] | Well, then don’t go. | 那就别去 |
[04:00] | How can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说 |
[04:03] | The scientific opportunity of a lifetime | 难得的科学机遇就在眼前 |
[04:05] | presents itself and my best friend says “Don’t go.” | 我最好的朋友却让我不要去 |
[04:07] | All right, then go. | 那就去呗 |
[04:08] | Listen to you. | 听听你说的话 |
[04:12] | How can I possibly go? | 我怎么去啊 |
[04:14] | Sheldon, what are the words I can say right now | 谢尔顿 我到底要说什么 |
[04:16] | to end this conversation and let me go back to sleep? | 才能结束这个话题 让我回去睡觉 |
[04:19] | Odd, President Seibert posed the exact same question. | 真奇怪 塞伯特校长也这么问我 |
[04:25] | How was it resolved? | 结果呢 |
[04:27] | It wasn’t. His wife set their dogs on me and rendered the question moot. | 没结果 她妻子放狗咬我 结果没下文了 |
[04:34] | Just imagine. If he says yes, | 想象一下 如果他答应了 |
[04:36] | we’ll have an entire summer without Sheldon. | 我们就能享受整个没谢尔顿的夏天 |
[04:41] | We could play outside. | 我们能去户外玩儿 |
[04:44] | We could sit on the left side of the couch. | 我们能坐在沙发左边 |
[04:47] | I could use the bathroom at 8:20. | 我能在8点20上厕所 |
[04:54] | Our dreams are very small, aren’t they? | 我们的梦想真渺小啊 |
[04:58] | Good news, gentlemen, I have tentatively accepted… | 好消息 先生们 我暂时接受了 |
[05:02] | Yeah! | 好耶 |
[05:08] | …the invitation to join the Arctic Expedition. | 加入北极考察队的邀请 |
[05:11] | – It’s not gonna be the same without you. – Godspeed. | -没有你怎么行 -祝马到成功 |
[05:14] | Thank you, but your sentiments may be premature. | 谢谢 但别高兴得太早 |
[05:19] | Ooh, I don’t like where this is going. | 我有不祥的预感 |
[05:21] | I would like to propose… | 我正式提议 |
[05:24] | that the three of you accompany me. | 你们三个和我一起去 |
[05:27] | To the North Pole? | 去北极? |
[05:29] | Yes. | 是滴 |
[05:30] | Is this just so we won’t touch your stuff while you’re away? | 是为了确保你走后 我们不会碰你的东西么 |
[05:34] | I’ll admit that was a concern. | 我承认我是有此顾虑 |
[05:37] | But the fact is, | 但事实是 |
[05:39] | I’ll need a support team. | 我需要一个团队协助我 |
[05:40] | And the three of you | 你们三个呢 |
[05:42] | are my first choice. | 是我的最佳人选 |
[05:43] | Really? | 真的 |
[05:43] | Well, there are others who might be more qualified, | 的确有很多人比你们更加够格 |
[05:45] | but the thought of interviewing them gave me a stomachache. | 但一想到要面试他们我就胃疼 |
[05:48] | Now, I know I’m proposing an enormous undertaking, | 我知道这个提议比较重大 |
[05:51] | so why don’t you take a few moments to discuss it? | 你们花几分钟讨论一下吧 |
[05:56] | We’re not really gonna go to the North Pole | 我们不会真要和他 |
[05:58] | with him, are we? | 跑去北极吧 |
[06:00] | I’m still within earshot! | 我现在还能听得到 |
[06:03] | You may want to wait for my door to close. | 你们得等我把门关上 |
[06:07] | We’re not really gonna go | 我们不会真要和他 |
[06:08] | to the North Pole with him, are we? | 跑去北极吧 |
[06:10] | Hang on. Let’s talk about it. | 等下 咱们想想 |
[06:12] | This is a National Science Foundation expedition. | 这是国家科学基金探险项目 |
[06:13] | I don’t know how we can turn it down. | 咱们怎么能拒绝呢 |
[06:16] | Easy. Instead of saying, “No, we don’t want to go on an NSF expedition,” | 简单 不是说我们不想参加基金探险项目 |
[06:20] | say, “No, we don’t want to spend | 而是我们不想花 |
[06:22] | “three months stuck in a cabin in the Arctic Circle | 跟一个疯子杵在北极圈的小木屋里 |
[06:24] | with an anal nutbag.” | 长达三个月 |
[06:27] | But if we were part of the team that confirmed string theory, | 但如果我们能成为证实弦理论团队的一员 |
[06:31] | we could drink for free in any bar in any college town | 我们就能去任何大学城的酒吧免费喝酒 |
[06:34] | with a university that has a strong science program. | 只要那个大学有比较强的科学研究组织 |
[06:39] | Howard, this is big science. | 霍华德 这可是重大科研项目 |
[06:41] | You could be the engineer who builds the equipment | 你可以成为那个组建仪器的工程师 |
[06:43] | that puts us on the cover of magazines. | 我们能因此上杂志封面呢 |
[06:45] | I could also be the engineer | 我也可以成为那个造出一把弩弓 |
[06:47] | who builds the crossbow that kills Sheldon. | 用来射杀谢尔顿的工程师 |
[06:53] | You still might get on a magazine. | 你仍然可能因此上杂志 |
[06:57] | So you guys are seriously considering this? | 你们俩真的慎重考虑过了 |
[07:00] | – Yes. – And you think you can put up with Sheldon? | -是的 -你们觉得能受得了谢尔顿 |
[07:03] | Well, I’m a Hindu. | 我是印度人嘛 |
[07:06] | My religion teaches that if we suffer in this life | 我的信仰告诉我 今生的苦难 |
[07:08] | we are rewarded in the next. | 来世将转为福音 |
[07:10] | Three months at the North Pole with Sheldon, | 和谢尔顿在北极历练三个月 |
[07:12] | and I’m reborn as a well-hung billionaire with wings! | 我能重生成一个身材火爆又会飞的亿万富翁 |
[07:22] | Well, gentlemen, have you reached a decision? | 先生们 做出决定了么 |
[07:26] | I’m in. | 我加入 |
[07:28] | Me, too. | 我也加入 |
[07:31] | Oh, damn it. Peer pressure. Fine. | 晕死 给我压力 从了 |
[07:35] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[07:36] | Just an FYI, | 友情提示下 |
[07:37] | as I am the expedition’s team leader, | 既然我是考察队的队长 |
[07:40] | protocol dictates that be phrased, “Fine, sir.” | 按规定你应该说”好的 队长” |
[07:42] | But don’t worry, | 不过别担心 |
[07:44] | there will be a briefing. | 会有新生培训的 |
[07:53] | Penny. | 佩妮 |
[07:55] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[08:03] | Penny. | 佩妮 |
[08:05] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[08:08] | Penny. | 佩妮 |
[08:09] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[08:10] | Penny. | 佩妮 |
[08:11] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[08:12] | Penny! | 佩妮 |
[08:13] | Sheldon! | 谢尔顿 |
[08:14] | Penny! | 佩妮 |
[08:16] | What do you want? | 你要干嘛 |
[08:17] | I need access to the Cheesecake Factory’s walk-in freezer. | 我想进入芝士蛋糕厂的步入式冷藏室 |
[08:20] | Now, honey, I already told you, the hamburger | 亲爱的 我说过了 |
[08:23] | meat is fresh and stored at a safe temperature. | 汉堡的肉饼是冷鲜保存的 |
[08:26] | No. This is to train for a three-month expedition to the magnetic North Pole. | 不 这回是为了三个月的北极考察训练 |
[08:31] | What? | 什么 |
[08:33] | I don’t know how that sentence could possibly confuse you… | 我不知道这句话 哪里让你听不懂了 |
[08:38] | but to elaborate, I’m going to the Arctic Circle | 说详细点 我将和莱纳德 沃罗威茨 库萨帕里 |
[08:41] | with Leonard, Wolowitz and Koothrappali. | 一切去北极圈 |
[08:43] | You’re all going? | 你们都去 |
[08:44] | – Yes. – For three months? | -是的 -去三个月 |
[08:46] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:47] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[08:51] | Is that a yes or a no on the freezer? | 冷藏室的事你到底是同意还是不同意啊 |
[08:54] | The woman has the attention span of a gnat. | 这女人的注意力跟小虫虫差不多 |
[08:57] | – Hey, Leonard. – Hey. | -嗨 莱纳德 -嗨 |
[08:59] | Sheldon says you’re going to the North Pole. | 谢尔顿说你们要去北极 |
[09:01] | Yeah. Pretty cool, huh? | 是啊 另类吧 |
[09:02] | Yeah. I’m just a little surprised you didn’t tell me. | 是啊 只是有点惊讶 你没告诉我 |
[09:05] | Oh, well, it all happened kind of fast. | 事情发生得太快了 |
[09:07] | And we had to get physicals and buy thermal underwear | 我们忙着体检 买保暖内衣 |
[09:10] | and study up on, you know, snow and stuff. | 还得研究下 积雪这些东西 |
[09:14] | Sorry, I was gonna tell you. | 抱歉 我本来要告诉你的 |
[09:16] | Oh, hey, no, you don’t have to apologize. | 你不用道歉 |
[09:18] | There’s no reason you have to tell me. | 没有说你必须告诉我 |
[09:20] | I was just… you know, surprised. | 我只不过 有点惊讶罢了 |
[09:22] | Yes, yes, you were busy, | 是啊 你很忙 |
[09:23] | you were surprised, all very fascinating. | 你很惊讶 激动人心 |
[09:24] | Now where do we stand on the freezer? | 冷藏室的事说到哪了 |
[09:27] | Is he serious? | 他说真的吗 |
[09:28] | Actually, it would help. | 事实上 会有帮助的 |
[09:30] | All right, I’ll see what I can do. | 好吧 我尽量吧 |
[09:33] | So, three months at the North Pole. | 去北极呆三个月 |
[09:37] | Wow, that is… | 真是 |
[09:38] | awesome. | 棒极了 |
[09:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:40] | I’m sorry, but at what point do you put this | 不好意思 你所谓的”尽量” |
[09:42] | “see what you can do” plan into action? | 到底是什么意思 |
[09:45] | Just a warning, Sheldon. | 给你提个醒 谢尔顿 |
[09:48] | The freezer locks from the outside. | 那个冷藏室是从外面锁门的 |
[09:56] | – She seems upset to you? – No. | -你觉得她难过吗 -没有 |
[09:59] | – Did she seem upset to you? – No. | -你觉得她难过吗 -没有 |
[10:00] | Oh, good, I got it right. | 很好 我猜对了 |
[10:05] | Are you upset? | 你难过吗 |
[10:07] | A little bit. | 有一点 |
[10:09] | Two for two. I’m on fire. | 两击两中 我真厉害 |
[10:13] | I mean, I know she’s not my girlfriend or anything, | 我知道她不是我的女朋友 |
[10:16] | but wouldn’t you think she’d feel a little bad | 但是你不觉得我整个夏天都不在 |
[10:18] | that I’m going to be gone for the whole summer? | 她会感到些许的难过吗 |
[10:20] | That feels like a bonus question. | 感觉像个附加题 |
[10:23] | I’m gonna stop here while I’m ahead but I’ve had a great time. | 见好就收啦 我好开心哦 |
[10:38] | All right, the purpose of this drill | 好了 这次的训练目的 |
[10:42] | is to acclimate us to the use of tools in extreme temperatures | 是使我们适应在即将面对的 北极圈内极度寒冷的温度下 |
[10:45] | such as we will face in the Arctic Circle. | 使用各种工具 |
[10:47] | Where are your tools? | 你的工具呢 |
[10:49] | Right here. | 就在这里 |
[10:51] | All right, team, open up your practice kits. | 好了 队员们 打开练习工具箱 |
[10:55] | As the university did not permit me | 由于校方不允许我 |
[10:57] | to bring the actual equipment we’ll be using | 把实际用到的器材带到 |
[10:58] | to the Cheesecake Factory, because apparently, | 蛋糕厂来 因为貌似呢 |
[11:01] | I’m “ridiculous,” | 我简直”不可理喻” |
[11:03] | I’ve provided substitutes | 我提供的替代器材 |
[11:05] | which will exercise your fine motor skills. | 将极好地锻炼你们的动手技巧 |
[11:07] | Leonard, you will be doing a series of complex mathematical problems | 莱纳德 你要处理一系列 复杂的数学问题 |
[11:11] | on a vintage Casio model 1175 calculator watch I received | 使用我在3年级时勇夺 地球科学金牌时获得的 |
[11:15] | when I won the Earth Science medal in 3rd grade. | 老式卡西欧1175型计算器手表 |
[11:19] | Treat it with respect. | 要好好待它 |
[11:22] | Raj, you will be painting sideburns and a Van Dyke | 拉杰 你要在 六英寸高的精灵王子模型上 |
[11:27] | on a six-inch figurine of Legolas the elf. | 画出连鬓胡和短尖髯 |
[11:30] | Now, remember, | 记住了 |
[11:31] | a Van Dyke is a goatee without a mustache. | 短尖髯是没有八字胡的山羊胡 |
[11:35] | Wolowitz, you will be completing | 沃罗威茨 你要在 |
[11:37] | a series of delicate surgical procedures | 经典儿童游戏”手术”上面 |
[11:40] | on the classic children’s game “Operation.” | 完成一系列精细外科手术 |
[11:46] | To begin with, you will | 首先 |
[11:49] | “remove funny bone for two hundred dollars.” | 切除尺骨 赢得200美刀 |
[11:53] | For this I went to MIT. | 我去麻省理工就因为这个 |
[11:57] | And begin. | 开始 |
[12:02] | I think I swallowed some paint! | 我好像吞了一些颜料 |
[12:06] | I can’t press any of the buttons with my gloves. | 带着手套 我按不了按键 |
[12:10] | Oh, son of a bitch! | 冻死我了 |
[12:13] | Adversity is to be expected. | 万事开头难 |
[12:14] | Continue. | 继续 |
[12:16] | Oh, boy, am I gonna get sued. | 靠 这下我要被起诉了 |
[12:19] | Okay, I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[12:21] | Me either. | 我也做不到 |
[12:22] | Gentlemen, use your imagination. | 先生们 想象一下 |
[12:24] | Innovate. | 创新 |
[12:25] | Did Han Solo let Luke Skywalker | 韩梭罗让天行者卢克 |
[12:28] | freeze to death on the ice planet of Hoth? | 冻死在冰雪星球霍斯上了吗 |
[12:30] | No. | 没有 |
[12:31] | He cut open a tauntaun | 他切开一只圣兽 |
[12:33] | and used its internal body heat to warm him up. | 用它内部的体热给他取暖 |
[12:35] | You heard the man. | 各位听见啦 |
[12:36] | Hold him down and I’ll cut him open. | 把他摁倒 我来剁开他 |
[12:38] | Hang on, I know I don’t possess the tools of leadership, | 等一下 我知道我不具备领导潜质 |
[12:42] | but I don’t understand why we can’t assemble the equipment | 但我不理解为什么不能在考察站 |
[12:44] | inside the hut and then take it outside. | 装配好器材然后再拿出去呢 |
[12:48] | I hadn’t thought of that. | 我没想到哦 |
[12:51] | I guess we’re done here. | 训练完毕 |
[12:59] | Here, drink slash eat this. | 来 尝尝这个 |
[13:02] | What is it? | 什么啊 |
[13:04] | Hot chocolate with a stick of butter. | 热巧克力加一块黄油 |
[13:06] | Okay, why? | 为啥 |
[13:09] | Because in the frigid temperatures in the Arctic, | 因为在北极的严寒下 |
[13:11] | we need to consume at least 5,000 calories a day | 我们每天至少要摄入5千卡路里 |
[13:14] | just to maintain our body weight. | 来维持自身体重 |
[13:15] | Sheldon, you know I can’t eat butter. | 谢尔顿 你明知我不能吃黄油 |
[13:17] | I’m lactose intolerant. | 我会乳糖过敏 |
[13:18] | Way ahead of you, that’s an | 早就想到了 那是一块 |
[13:19] | “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” stick. | “难以置信 居然不含黄油”[人造奶油] |
[13:22] | But mammy, all the other guys are going to the North Pole. | 妈咪 但是别人都要去北极 |
[13:25] | I don’t care what the other guys are doing. | 我不管别人做什么 |
[13:27] | If the other guys jumped in the Bay of Bengal and tried to swim to Sri Lanka, | 如果他们想要跳孟加拉湾 游泳去斯里兰卡 |
[13:31] | would you follow them? | 你也跟着去吗 |
[13:32] | If you were standing behind me nagging, I might. | 你在我身后唠叨的话 我就跳 |
[13:35] | Don’t talk back to your mother. | 别跟你母亲顶嘴 |
[13:37] | This trip is much too dangerous, Rajesh. | 这个太危险了 拉杰 |
[13:40] | No, it’s not. | 不是的 |
[13:40] | Howard, tell them. | 霍华德 告诉他们 |
[13:43] | Doctor and Mrs. Koothrappali, namaste. | 库萨帕里医生和夫人 你们好 |
[13:47] | I understand your concern, | 我能理解你们的担心 |
[13:49] | but if it’ll make you feel any better, my mother is fine with me going, | 如果能让你们感觉好一点 连我母亲都同意让我去呢 |
[13:52] | and this is a woman who kept a safety rail on my bed until I was 17. | 她可是直到我17岁 才把我床上的安全栏拿掉 |
[13:57] | So, she has no problem with her son being eaten by a walrus? | 她不关心她儿子 会不会被海象吃掉? |
[14:01] | That’s very unlikely, Mrs. Koothrappali. | 这不可能 库萨帕里夫人 |
[14:03] | If Raj dies, | 如果拉杰死了 |
[14:04] | it’ll be from frostbite, gangrene, acute sunburn | 也只会因为冻伤 坏疽 严重晒伤 |
[14:07] | or being ripped to shreds by a 1,500 pound polar bear. | 或者被1500磅重的北极熊撕成碎片 |
[14:11] | Ma, I’m putting you on speakerphone with Raj’s parents. | 妈妈 我把你接到免提上 跟拉杰的父母通话 |
[14:15] | Can you tell them that you’re okay with me going to the Arctic? | 您能告诉他们 您同意我去北极吗 |
[14:18] | Arctic?! | 北极 |
[14:19] | I thought you said Arkansas! | 我以为你说的是阿肯色州 |
[14:23] | I didn’t say that. | 我没那么说 |
[14:24] | You never listen to me! | 你从来都不仔细听 |
[14:26] | He doesn’t tell me anything! | 他什么都不告诉我 |
[14:28] | He lives a secret life because he’s ashamed! | 他就知道自惭形秽 苟且偷生 |
[14:33] | Hey, Leonard, can I talk to you for a sec? | 莱纳德 能跟你谈谈吗 |
[14:35] | Sure, but let’s go out here where there’s a little less yelling and guilt. | 当然 去外面说吧 那里少一些尖叫和罪恶 |
[14:40] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[14:42] | Well, I got you a little going away present. | 我给你准备了一份送别礼物 |
[14:44] | Oh, a blanket. | 毯子啊 |
[14:46] | Oh, no, no, no, not just a blanket. | 不对 不只是毯子 |
[14:48] | See, it has sleeves. | 看见没 还有袖子呢 |
[14:56] | So, you can, you know, be all snoodled up | 这样你就能蜷在里面 |
[15:00] | while you do your science stuff. | 搞你的科研了 |
[15:01] | Oh, wow, cool. | 酷啊 |
[15:05] | Oh, I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[15:15] | – See you later. – Bye. | -回见 -再见 |
[15:22] | I told you no! | 跟你说了 没有 |
[15:24] | Why don’t you believe me? | 为什么不信我 |
[15:25] | ‘Cause it doesn’t make sense to me! | 因为我无法理解 |
[15:28] | How can it be that in the entire country of India, | 印度这么大一个国家 |
[15:31] | there isn’t one Outback Steakhouse?! | 怎么会连一家澳美客牛排坊都没有 |
[15:42] | Sheldon… Sheldon? | 谢尔顿 谢尔顿 |
[15:44] | I want a cookie, Meemaw. | 奶奶 我要吃饼干 |
[15:49] | Sheldon, it’s me. | 谢尔顿 是我 |
[15:50] | But Meemaw just made cookies. | 但是奶奶刚刚做了饼干 |
[15:53] | Listen, I don’t know if I can go on the expedition. | 我不知道该不该参加这次科考 |
[15:58] | What? | 什么 |
[16:00] | I don’t think I can go to the North Pole. | 我觉得我不能去北极 |
[16:01] | Okay, Leonard, | 莱纳德 |
[16:03] | I know you’re concerned about disappointing me | 我明白 你怕我会失望 |
[16:06] | but I want you to take comfort from the knowledge | 但我希望你能得到些许安慰 |
[16:09] | that my expectations of you are very low. | 我对你的期望值其实非常低 |
[16:12] | Yeah, that’s very comforting. | 确实很安慰人 |
[16:15] | Comforting is a part of leadership. | 安慰队员是领导的职务 |
[16:17] | It’s not a part I care for, but such is my burden. | 我虽不在意 但仍然是我的负担 |
[16:20] | Terrific, it’s just that I don’t think Penny wants me to go. | 不错 只是我觉得佩妮不想让我走 |
[16:24] | Assuming that’s a valid reason not to go, which it isn’t, | 假设这是不去的正当理由 实际上不是 |
[16:28] | how do you know this? Did she say it? | 你怎么知道呢 是她说的么 |
[16:31] | Not exactly. | 不完全是吧 |
[16:33] | But she said she was gonna miss me and she gave me this. | 但是她说她会想我 还送这个给我 |
[16:39] | What is it? | 什么东西 |
[16:41] | It’s a blanket with sleeves. | 带袖子的毛毯 |
[16:42] | Oh, that’s clever. | 真聪明的设计 |
[16:47] | Let me see if I understand this correctly. | 看看我是否正确理解了 |
[16:49] | Her missing you is an emotional state you find desirable? | 她想念你 是你非常向往的 情感状态 |
[16:54] | – Yes, obviously. – All right. | -当然啦 -那行 |
[16:56] | Well, given that missing you is predicated on you leaving, | 但是她想念你是建立在你要离开的基础上的 |
[17:00] | logic dictates you must leave. | 从逻辑上讲 你必须去 |
[17:04] | Yes, okay, but I’m gonna be gone for three months. | 话虽如此 但这一去就是三个月啊 |
[17:08] | What if she doesn’t miss me that long and she meets someone else? | 要是她不再想我了 另觅新欢怎么办 |
[17:11] | She does have a short attention span. | 她的注意广度[注意力集中时长]确实比较短 |
[17:15] | So, I can’t go. | 所以说 我不能去 |
[17:16] | Leonard, you may be right. | 莱纳德 也许你是对的 |
[17:18] | It appears that Penny secretly wants you | 看来佩妮暗中表现出 |
[17:20] | in her life in a very intimate and carnal fashion. | 想跟你发生亲密肉体接触的欲望 |
[17:23] | You really think so? | 你真的这样想? |
[17:25] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[17:30] | Even in my sleep-deprived state, I’ve managed to | 即使处于失眠状态 我都可以 |
[17:32] | pull off another one of my classic pranks. | 成功上演另一出经典恶作剧 |
[17:35] | Bazinga! | 气死你 |
[17:45] | Oh, Leonard, what time is it? | 莱纳德 几点了 |
[17:47] | It’s 7:00 a.m. I’m sorry it’s early, | 早晨七点 抱歉这么早打扰你 |
[17:49] | but we’re leaving soon, and I needed to talk to you. | 但我们马上就出发了 我想跟你谈谈 |
[17:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:52] | What did you mean when you said you’re going to miss me? | 你说你会想我 是什么意思 |
[17:56] | Um, I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[17:59] | You’ll be gone and I’ll notice. | 你离开了 我会发现嘛 |
[18:03] | Okay, well, um, what about this? | 那这个呢 |
[18:07] | What does this mean? | 什么意思 |
[18:08] | Wine, credit card and late night television are a bad combination. | 酗酒 乱刷卡和熬夜看电视 都没啥好处 |
[18:14] | All right, fine. | 好吧 |
[18:16] | What about that really long hug? | 那个长长的拥抱呢 |
[18:18] | What did that mean? | 那又是什么意思 |
[18:19] | That wasn’t a long hug. | 不算长长的拥抱呀 |
[18:22] | It was at least five Mississippis. | 至少持续了五秒钟 |
[18:26] | A standard hug is two Mississippis tops. | 一般拥抱不超过两秒钟 |
[18:31] | Leonard, I don’t know what to tell you. | 莱纳德 我不知道有什么可说的 |
[18:34] | It was just a hug. | 就是个拥抱嘛 |
[18:36] | Glad we cleared that up. | 很高兴交待清楚了 |
[18:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:39] | I guess I’ll see you. | 后会有期 |
[18:40] | Okay, have a safe trip. | 一路顺风 |
[18:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:44] | – Bye. – Okay, bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[18:51] | It means I wish you weren’t going. | 意思是舍不得你走 |
[19:04] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[19:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:07] | We’re out of ice. | 冰用完了 |
[19:10] | All right, men, we begin initial assembly | 好了 先生们 明早七点整 |
[19:12] | and deployment of the testing equipment | 我们开始前期装配 |
[19:14] | starting tomorrow at 0700 hours, | 和部署测试仪器 |
[19:16] | but until then, you are all off duty. | 在那之前的时间 你们自由支配 |
[19:19] | I suggest you keep the shenanigans to a minimum | 我建议你们 尽量别捣乱 |
[19:22] | as medical help is 18 hours away by dogsled. | 因为雪橇救护队要18小时才能到达 |
[19:25] | What are you working on? | 你在搞什么玩意 |
[19:27] | Crossbow. | 弩弓 |
[19:31] | Hey, guys, can I just say something? | 伙计们 我能说几句吗 |
[19:33] | How about we take a moment to think about | 我们是不是应该仔细想想 |
[19:35] | where we are right now? | 我们所在的位置 |
[19:36] | This is literally the top of the world. | 这算是 世界之巅了 |
[19:39] | Only a handful of people in all of human history | 人类历史上只有屈指可数的几位 |
[19:42] | will ever see what we are going to see. | 能目睹我们看到的景象 |
[19:45] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[19:47] | Yeah, wow. | 是啊 |
[19:48] | It is remarkable. | 相当有纪念意义 |
[19:50] | So, who’s up for a movie? | 谁想看电影 |
[19:54] | Good idea, what do you think? | 好主意 看什么呢 |
[19:55] | Ice Station Zebra or John Carpenter’s The Thing? | 《大北极》还是约翰·卡朋特的《怪形》 |
[19:59] | I say double feature. | 双片连映吧 |
[20:00] | Dinner’s ready! | 晚餐好了 |
[20:02] | What are we having? | 吃什么 |
[20:03] | Reconstituted Thai food. | “再造”泰国菜 |
[20:06] | – Did you bring the dehydrated low-sodium soy sauce? – Check. | -带了脱水低钠酱油吗 -带了 |
[20:09] | – Freeze-dried spicy mustard? – Check. | -冻干辣芥末 -带了 |
[20:11] | Flash-frozen brown rice, not white? | 速冻糙米 不是白米 |
[20:13] | Uh, oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[20:17] | Not to worry. | 别担心 |
[20:18] | I hid it. | 我藏起来了 |
[20:21] | Bazinga! | 气死你 |
[20:27] | You’re in my spot. | 你占了我的专座 |
[20:37] | There’s no time for a crossbow. Find me an icicle. | 等不及做弩弓了 给我找根冰柱 |
[20:45] | Three months. This is gonna be great! | 三个月啊 真是爽到家了 |
[20:50] | 本季大爆炸完结 感谢大家一直以来对大爆炸的支持及厚爱 下一季度 请继续锁定 YYets |