时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Gentlemen,I put it to you: | 先生们 我告诉你们哟 |
[00:08] | the worst tapioca pudding is better than the best pudding of any other flavor. | 最难吃西米布丁也好过其他口味优质布丁 |
[00:15] | First off,that is axiomatically wrong because the best pudding is chocolate. | 首先 明眼人都知道这话错的 因为最好的布丁是巧克力口味 |
[00:19] | Secondly,the organic structure of tapioca makes it a jiggling bowl of potential death. | 其次 西米的有机结构使布丁 黏糊糊摇晃晃 有潜在致命危险 |
[00:24] | It is extracted from the plant… | 是从植物里提取… |
[00:25] | Hey,I’m thinking of growing a mustache. | 嘿 我在考虑留点胡子 |
[00:30] | No kidding? | 不是吧? |
[00:31] | Fu Manchu,a handlebar,pencil? | 傅满洲那样的? 八字胡 又尖又长? |
[00:33] | – It’s extracted from the plant. – I’m not sure yet. | – 是从植物中提取 – 还没想好呢 |
[00:34] | You know,George Clooney has one now. | 乔治·克鲁尼现在也留胡子呢 |
[00:37] | Really? I once saw him shopping at Ralph’s. He was buying tequila. | 真的? 我看到过他在拉夫斯超市买龙舌兰酒 |
[00:41] | You’d think a guy like that would have some kind of booze lackey. | 你以为他们会有仆人跑腿买酒吗? |
[00:49] | All right,this is cruel. | 好啦 太残忍了 |
[00:50] | We’d better let him finish before his head explodes. | 我们还是让他说完 不然人家要爆头了 |
[00:53] | All right,Sheldon,why is tap… | 好吧 谢尔顿 为啥西… |
[00:55] | Tapioca is extracted from the root of the plant manihot esculenta! | 西米由食用木薯根茎提取而成 |
[00:58] | Due to a high concentration of cyanide, | 由于富含高浓度的氰化物 |
[00:59] | it is poisonous in its raw form and lethal if prepared improperly! | 其本身有毒性 如加工不当即食用会致命 |
[01:06] | Feel better now? | 现在爽了吧? |
[01:07] | It is also indigenous to Brazil as is the coa bean,from which we get chocolate,the best pudding. | 同时可可豆也是巴西的 从中能提取巧克力 做最好的布丁 |
[01:11] | And you promised you wouldn’t do that anymore! | 求你们别再耍我了! |
[01:15] | Hey,Hofstadter. | 嘿 霍夫施塔特 |
[01:17] | Hey,Kripke. | 嘿 Kripke |
[01:18] | Heard about your latest anti-proton decay experiment. | 听说你最新的反质子衰变实验了 |
[01:20] | 20,000 data runs and no statistically significant results. | 收集两万数据 却没啥有用的结果 |
[01:24] | Very impressive. | 灰常了得 |
[01:28] | What a jerk. | 蠢货一个 |
[01:29] | Don’t feel bad,Leonard. Negative results are still results. | 别气馁 莱纳德 没用的结果也是结果 |
[01:33] | – Even 20,000 of them. – All right! | – 就算两万又算啥 – 行啦! |
[01:37] | Please don’t cheer me up anymore. | 求你们别在给我打气了 |
[01:39] | Come on. Don’t let him get to you. It’s Kripke. | 别呀 不要让他打击到你 Kripke哪根葱 |
[01:41] | Yeah,he’s a ginormous knob. | 对呀 大蠢蛋一个 |
[01:44] | That’s why he eats by himself instead of sitting here at the cool table. | 所以他孤单用餐 而不能坐到这酷酷的桌子来 |
[01:49] | For shizzle. | 说得对呀 |
[01:54] | It’s true Kripke lacks the basic social skills that we take for granted. | 确实啊 Kripke确实缺乏 咱固有的那种基本社交技巧 |
[01:59] | But he also controls the new open science grid computer | 但他还操控着新的开放科学网格计算机 |
[02:02] | that I need to use to run some simulations of structure formation in the early universe. | 而我需要它来模拟宇宙早期的结构形态 |
[02:06] | Well,good luck getting time on it. | 看你有没有那命用上吧 |
[02:07] | The only people he lets use it are his friends. | 他可只让他的朋友使用 |
[02:10] | Well,then,the solution is simple. | 那 解决办法很简单嘛 |
[02:12] | I shall befriend him. | 我去和他做朋友 |
[02:14] | Kripke! Kripke! | |
[02:16] | Yeah? | 啥事? |
[02:18] | What would you say to the idea of you and I becoming friends? | 你觉得我们交个朋友如何? |
[02:21] | I would say I have no interest in becoming your friend. | 我觉得木有啥兴趣哟 |
[02:27] | Really? | 当真? |
[02:28] | That seems rather shortsighted coming from someone who is generally considered altogether unlikable. | 你个里里外外不受欢迎的家伙 目光还真是相当短浅呀 |
[02:34] | Why don’t you take some time to reconsider? | 不如重新考虑下吧? |
[02:37] | Yeah,I’ll do that. | 行呀 我去想想 |
[02:41] | Well,I think we’re off to a terrific start. | 看来咱这开局不错啊 |
[03:09] | There you go. | 好了 |
[03:10] | Now any e-mail from Wolowitz will go right into your spam folder. | 现在所有沃尔伍兹发来的邮件 都会直接进入垃圾箱 |
[03:15] | Thanks. I mean,the e-mail doesn’t bother me as much as the vacation pictures of him in a bathing suit. | 多谢 其实骚扰邮件倒没啥 他穿浴衣的度假照比较雷人 |
[03:20] | Yeah,I got the same one,and that’s not a bathing suit. It’s a tan line. | 是呀 我也收到了 那可不是浴衣 是晒痕 |
[03:31] | Hello,this is Sheldon Cooper. | 你好 我是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[03:33] | I am leaving a message for Barry Kripke. | 这是给贝瑞·克里帕奇的留言 |
[03:37] | Barry,it was pleasant seeing you today in the cafeteria. | 贝瑞 很高兴在食堂与你邂逅 |
[03:42] | I saw that you purchased the chef’s salad. | 我注意到你买了推荐沙拉 |
[03:45] | Apparently,you did not know that the chef’s salad is kitchen trickery to utilize scrap meat. | 显然 你不知道推荐沙拉是 食堂的杂碎肉骗人把戏 |
[03:52] | Nevertheless,I hope you enjoyed it. | 不过呢 我希望你用餐愉快 |
[03:55] | I’m following up on our pending friendship and I look forward to hearing from you regarding its status. | 我在追踪待定友谊的发展状况 期待你来电给它定位哟 |
[04:02] | Sheldon Cooper. | 我是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[04:06] | What’s up with Ichabod? | 胆小发明家又咋了? |
[04:09] | Uh,he’s trying to make a new friend. | 他在交友呢 |
[04:11] | Oh,really? Well,good for him. | 真的? 不错嘛 |
[04:13] | Well,unless he makes one out of wood like Geppetto,I don’t think it’s gonna happen. | 除非他像杰佩托做出皮诺曹 不然没戏的 |
[04:19] | How did you guys become friends? | 那你们咋成为朋友的? |
[04:21] | There was a flyer on the bulletin board at the university: | 大学公告板上的一张传单 |
[04:24] | “Roommate wanted.Whistlers need not apply.” | “招募室友 吹口哨的勿扰” |
[04:28] | And you moved in anyway? | 你就搬进去了? |
[04:30] | I assumed he was joking. | 我以为他说着玩的 |
[04:31] | You’d be surprised how many particle physicists have a whimsical side. | 你绝对想不到有多少量子物理学家 都有反复无常的一面 |
[04:36] | What about Howard and Raj? I mean,how did he become friends with them? | 霍华德和拉吉呢? 我是说他咋和他们好上的? |
[04:39] | I don’t know. How do carbon atoms form a benzene ring? | 不知道 碳原子是如何构成苯环的? |
[04:42] | Proximity and valence electrons. | 价电子亲近 |
[04:46] | Well,sure,when you put it that way. | 是呀 你这样说也是哈 |
[04:49] | But it all worked out,right? | 但相处的也不错是吧 |
[04:51] | I suppose. I do miss whistling,though. | 差不多吧 尽管我很怀念口哨 |
[04:55] | Oh,come on. Really? | 不是吧? |
[04:57] | First warning. | 警告一次 |
[05:03] | Penny? Penny? Penny? | 佩妮 佩妮 佩妮 |
[05:07] | This is for you. | 给你的 |
[05:10] | Hello,Sheldon. | 你好 谢尔顿 |
[05:16] | What is this? | 这是啥? |
[05:17] | It’s a questionnaire I devised. | 我设计的调查表 |
[05:18] | I’m having some difficulty bonding with a colleague at work | 我和一位同事交友遇到点困难 |
[05:21] | so I’m doing a little research to better understand why my current friends like me. | 所以我想做些小调查 更好的了解 为什么我目前的朋友们喜欢我 |
[05:27] | Yes,well,that is a good question. | 嗯 这个问题值得考虑 |
[05:30] | But is this really the best way to figure it out? | 但你确定这是最好的办法了? |
[05:33] | I agree. The social sciences are largely hokum. | 问得好 社会学家很大程度是忽悠 |
[05:36] | But short of putting electrodes in your brain and monitoring your response to my companionship, | 但又不能插一个电极到你的大脑 探测你对我友谊问题的反应 |
[05:41] | this is the best I can do. | 就这方法还凑合了 |
[05:44] | Okay,”Question one: “Rank the following aspects of Sheldon Cooper “in order of appeal:” | 好 “问题1: 按吸引力程度给 谢尔顿·库珀以下各方面排序 |
[05:49] | Intelligence;ruthless attention to hygiene;playfulness; JAVA applet writing”? | 聪明 洁癖 有趣 Java程序编写?” |
[05:57] | I know,I may have started out with a fairly obvious one; | 也许头一个问题答案过分明显 |
[06:00] | an aspect of my most appealing trait: playfulness. | 谁不知道我最吸引人的特质之一 有趣 |
[06:04] | Why don’t you just go ahead and rank that number one? | 你直接把它排到1号吧 |
[06:07] | I’m afraid you’re on your own for the rest. | 恐怕剩下的我不能指导你了 |
[06:08] | It should take you no more than three hours. | 用不了三个小时就可以完成 |
[06:10] | Well,wait. How many questions are on this thing? | 等下 这玩意儿有多少个问题呀? |
[06:13] | Only 211. | 区区211个 |
[06:16] | Don’t worry. In deference to you,I kept them all at a high school graduate reading level. | 别担心 为了照顾你 这份高中毕业就能读懂 |
[06:22] | Thanks,pal. | 还得谢你 哥们儿 |
[06:23] | You got it… buddy. | 客气啥…姐们儿 |
[06:27] | Sheldon,honey,did you ever consider making friends by being,I don’t know,pleasant? | 谢尔顿 亲爱的 你有没有考虑过 通过让人开心来交友啊? |
[06:33] | Well,that’s certainly a thought-provoking hypothesis. | 那当然是一个发人深思的假设 |
[06:36] | May I suggest it as the topic for your essay? | 我看你论文写这题目好了 |
[06:44] | Your questionnaire,very disappointing. | 你的调查问卷 十分让人失望呀 |
[06:51] | I answered every question,Sheldon. | 我逢题必答呀 谢尔顿 |
[06:53] | You answered the multiple choice questions in a pattern: | 你选择题很有规律嘛 |
[06:56] | A B B A C A B B A C A- B-A-C.A- B-A-C. | |
[07:02] | Oh,you picked up on that,huh? | 你发现了哈 |
[07:05] | How could I not? | 我怎么会发现不了? |
[07:07] | Come on. There’s over 200 questions. | 行行好 超过200个问题 |
[07:09] | And look at some of these things. | 看有些问题吧 |
[07:11] | “Sheldon is to camaraderie as the space shuttle is to blank?” | “谢尔顿之于友谊如同太空梭之于什么?” |
[07:16] | There are a number of acceptable answers. | 这里有些适合的答案呀 |
[07:18] | For example,Near-Earth transport.” | 例如 C近地运输机 |
[07:20] | But certainly not Avocado rancher.” | 但绝对不是B鳄梨种植工 |
[07:25] | And your essay suggesting that I’d have better luck making friends if I wait till the Cylons take over? | 你在论文里还说等到赛昂人接管地球 我在交友方面会更有运气 |
[07:32] | Please. | 请别 |
[07:33] | Now hold on. I put some real work into that. | 等等 那篇我可是认真写的 |
[07:35] | Yes,well,it’s better than what Wolowitz did. | 是呀 可比沃尔伍兹好多了 |
[07:38] | He drew a raccoon with what appears to be a distended scrotum. | 他画了一个大阴囊的发情浣熊 |
[07:45] | It’s kinda cute. | 还真有点可爱哟 |
[07:47] | Until you get to the scrotum. | 只要不看它那玩意儿 |
[07:50] | What hope do I have for establishing new relationships given that | 我怎么会有希望建立新的友情关系? |
[07:53] | my current friends apparently could not take a few hours out of their lives to help me? | 现存的朋友们都舍不得用 他们漫长生命的少许小时来帮助我 |
[07:57] | Sheldon,I’m not going to defend a big-balled raccoon. | 谢尔顿 我没打算为大蛋蛋浣熊说话 |
[08:01] | Well,I don’t see how you could. | 我看不出你能做到 |
[08:03] | What I’m trying to say is that maybe you can’t approach this as a purely intellectual exercise. | 我想说的是 或许你不能把 这些当作纯粹智力习题来对待 |
[08:10] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[08:12] | Well,remember when you tried to learn how to swim using the Internet? | 还记得你怎么在网上学游泳吗? |
[08:18] | Ididlearn how to swim. | 我是学过游泳 |
[08:20] | On the floor. | 在地板上学的 |
[08:23] | The skills are transferable. | 技巧是相通的 |
[08:25] | I just have no interest in going in the water. | 我只是不想到水里去 |
[08:28] | Then why learn how to swim? | 那你为啥要学游泳呀? |
[08:30] | The ice caps are melting,Leonard. | 冰盖在融化呀 莱纳德 |
[08:31] | In the future,swimming isn’t going to be optional. | 未来 游泳是不可避免的 |
[08:35] | But you do bring up an interesting point. | 但你给了我灵感 |
[08:37] | I don’t have to break new ground here. | 我用不着做新的研究 |
[08:39] | I’m sure much of the research already exists. | 肯定很多研究结果是现存的 |
[08:42] | No,no,my point is,if you want to learn how to make friends, | 不 不 我想说的是 如果你想学如何交友 |
[08:45] | then just go out to a coffee shop or a museum. | 到咖啡店或者博物馆去 |
[08:49] | Meet people. Talk to them. | 认识些人 和他们交流 |
[08:50] | Take an interest intheirlives. | 了解下人家的生活 |
[08:53] | That’s insane on the face of it. | 疯了呗 |
[08:56] | – Come on. – Where are we going? | – 走吧 – 我们去哪儿? |
[08:58] | You’re driving me to the mall. | 你载我去卖场 |
[08:59] | I’m going to acquire a book that summarizes the current theories in the field of friend-making. | 我要去买本现存交友领域的理论大全 |
[09:05] | Why don’t you just lie down on the floor and swim there? | 你干嘛不直接躺地上 游过去呢? |
[09:13] | Coping with the Death of a Loved One. | <如何面对至爱的离去> |
[09:17] | – My condolences. – Thank you. | – 节哀顺变 – 感谢你 |
[09:20] | – Family or friend? – Family. | – 家人还是朋友? – 家人 |
[09:22] | Too bad. | 太遗憾了 |
[09:24] | If it had been a friend,I’m available to fill the void. | 如果是朋友 我刚好可以填补空缺 |
[09:32] | It’s just as well. She smelled like mothballs. | 没关系 她满身卫生球味道 |
[09:36] | Okay,if you’re gonna start sniffing people,I’m gonna go get a hot pretzel. | 好吧 要是你在这嗅人玩 我去买点热脆饼 |
[09:41] | Excuse me. | 劳驾 |
[09:43] | Do you have any books about making friends? | 有交友的书吗? |
[09:46] | Um,yeah,but they’re all for little kids. | 嗯 有 但都是写给小孩子的 |
[09:48] | I assume the skills can be extrapolated and transferred. | 我想技巧可以推断 道理相通嘛 |
[09:51] | I guess. They’re right over there by the wooden train set. | 可能吧 就在木火车那边 |
[09:56] | I love trains. | 我爱火车 |
[09:59] | I bet you do. | 你当然喜欢了 |
[10:04] | Oh,my,that’s awfully sticky. | 哎 呀 还真粘 |
[10:09] | All right,let’s see… | 好了 我来瞧瞧哈… |
[10:15] | Bernie Bunny Has Two Daddies Now. | <兔子波尼有两个爸爸了> |
[10:19] | That’s probably about homosexual rabbits. | 估计是同志兔子的故事 |
[10:23] | Gerry the Gerbil and the Bullies on the Bus. | <沙鼠杰瑞和恶霸在公车上> |
[10:26] | Read it. Not helpful. | 读过了 没啥用 |
[10:30] | Oh,here we go. | 哦 有了 |
[10:32] | Stu the Cockatoo Is New at the Zoo. | <动物园的新成员鹦鹉斯图> |
[10:37] | “Author Sarah Carpenter lives in Fort Wayne,Indiana | 莎拉·卡朋特作 现与其爱人 朋友马克以及鹦鹉斯图 |
[10:42] | “with her husband and best friend,Mark,and their cockatoo Stu.” | 居住于印第安纳州 韦恩堡 |
[10:48] | Hardly makes her an expert in making friends,wouldn’t you agree? | 没有点交友专家的样子 你说是吧? |
[10:51] | I don’t like birds. They scare me. | 我不喜欢鸟类 它们多吓人 |
[10:54] | Me,too. | 我也是诶 |
[10:57] | Most people don’t see it. | 很多人都意识不到 |
[11:02] | What are you reading? | 你读啥呢? |
[11:04] | Curious George. | <好奇的乔治> |
[11:05] | Oh,I do like monkeys. | 哦 猴子我可喜欢 |
[11:07] | Curious George is a monkey. | 好奇乔治就是猴子 |
[11:09] | Somewhat anthropomorphized,but yes. | 算是人格化的 但没错 |
[11:13] | Say,maybe sometime you and I could go see monkeys together. Would you like that? | 或许 啥时候咱俩去看个猴子呗 你觉得好不? |
[11:19] | Okay. | 好哇 |
[11:20] | Sheldon,what are you doing? | 谢尔顿 你干嘛呢? |
[11:23] | I’m making friends with this little girl. What’s your name? | 我和这小女孩交朋友呢 你叫什么名字? |
[11:26] | Rebecca. | 瑞贝卡 |
[11:27] | Hi,Rebecca. I’m your new friend,Sheldon. | 嗨 瑞贝卡 我是你的新朋友谢尔顿 |
[11:29] | No,you’re not. Let’s go. | 不 别搞了 走吧 |
[11:32] | – We were really hitting it off. – Don’t look up. There’s cameras. | – 我俩聊得正投机呢 – 别抬头 上面有摄像头 |
[11:40] | ********the “How well do you know Sheldon” section, | 我想知道哈 在”你有多了解谢尔顿”那项 |
[11:43] | what did you put for his favorite amino acid? | 他最喜欢的氨基酸 你们填的啥? |
[11:47] | – Lysine. – Lysine. | – 赖氨酸 – 赖氨酸 |
[11:48] | Damn it,I had lysine and changed it. | 完了 我本来写了赖氨酸 又改了 |
[11:51] | Oh,good,you’re just in time. | 太好了 时间刚刚好 |
[11:53] | I believe I’ve isolated the algorithm for making friends. | 我想我解开了交友解题步骤 |
[11:57] | Sheldon,there is no algorithm for making friends. | 谢尔顿 交友哪有解题步骤啊 |
[12:00] | Well,hear him out. If he’s really onto something, | 得了 听他讲完 要是真有啥发现 |
[12:02] | we could open a booth at Comic-Con.Make a fortune. | 咱就在动漫大会上弄个展台 赚他一笔 |
[12:06] | See,my initial approach to Kripke had the same deficiencies | 是这样 我最初和Kripke搭话就跟 |
[12:09] | as those that plagued Stu the Cockatoo when he was new at the zoo. | 鹦鹉斯图刚到公园时一样有着缺陷 |
[12:15] | Stu the Cockatoo? | 鹦鹉斯图? |
[12:16] | Yes. He’s new at the zoo. | 没错 他是动物园新成员 |
[12:19] | It’s a terrific book. | 超赞的书 |
[12:20] | I’ve distilled its essence into a simple flow chart that will guide me through the process. | 我摘录它的精华制作了流程图来指导我 |
[12:25] | Have you thought about putting him in a crate while you’re out of the apartment? | 有没有考虑过出门时把他装进大木箱里? |
[12:31] | Hello,Kripke? Sheldon Cooper here. | 你好 Kripke? 我是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[12:33] | It occurred to me that you hadn’t returned any of my calls | 我想到哈 你没回我的电话 |
[12:36] | because I hadn’t offered any concrete suggestions for pursuing our friendship. | 是因为我没为发展友情提出实际建议 |
[12:40] | Perhaps the two of us might share a meal together. | 或许咱俩该一起吃个饭 |
[12:45] | I see. | 了解 |
[12:47] | Well,then perhaps you’d have time for a hot beverage? | 那有没有时间喝个热饮? |
[12:51] | Popular choices include tea,coffee,cocoa. | 最受欢迎的有茶 咖啡 可可 |
[12:55] | I see. No,no,no,wait. Don’t hang up yet. | 了解了解 别 先别挂 |
[12:57] | What about a recreational activity? | 那娱乐娱乐怎么样呢? |
[13:00] | I bet we share some common interests. | 我们肯定有共同爱好 |
[13:02] | Tell me an interest of yours. | 说说你有啥兴趣爱好 |
[13:05] | Really? On actual horses? | 真的呀? 骑真马? |
[13:10] | Tell me another interest of yours. | 再说个兴趣爱好 |
[13:13] | I’m sorry. I have no desire to get in the water till I absolutely have to. | 抱歉 不到逼不得已 我才不下水游泳 |
[13:18] | Tell me another interest of yours. | 再说个兴趣爱好 |
[13:20] | Uh-oh,he’s stuck in an infinite loop. | 哦这问题要无限循环下去了 |
[13:22] | I can fix it. | 我来搞定 |
[13:25] | Interesting,but isn’t ventriloquism by definition a solo activity? | 有意思 但口技不是个人娱乐项目吗? |
[13:29] | Yeah. Tell me another interest of yours. | 再说个兴趣爱好 |
[13:34] | Is there any chance you like monkeys? | 你喜不喜欢猴子呀? |
[13:37] | What is wrong with you? Everybody likes monkeys. | 你咋回事嘛? 人人都喜欢猴子 |
[13:42] | Hang on,Kripke. | 别挂 Kripke |
[13:45] | A loop counter and an escape to the least objectionable activity. | 没办法时 选择不太讨厌的项目 |
[13:50] | Howard,that’s brilliant. | 霍华德 聪明啊 |
[13:52] | I’m surprised you saw that. | 你居然想到了 |
[13:56] | Gee,why can’t Sheldon make friends? | 天呀 谢尔顿咋交不到朋友呢? |
[14:00] | All right,Kripke,that last interest strikes me as the least objectionable, | 好了 Kripke 你刚说那兴趣爱好 是我不太讨厌的 |
[14:03] | and I would like to propose that we do that together. | 我提议咱一起去玩 |
[14:07] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[14:09] | Yes,I’ll pay. All right,good-bye. | 是的 我付钱 好的 拜拜 |
[14:13] | All right. Time to learn rock climbing. | 好啦 该学学攀岩了 |
[14:26] | You know,I am a fan of ventriloquism. | 要知道 我超喜欢口技哟 |
[14:30] | Maybe you,me and your dummy could go get a hot beverage. | 要不你我还有你的小假人去喝个热饮 |
[14:33] | He could talk while you drink. | 你喝时他表演 |
[14:36] | Nope. I wanna climb some rocks. | 不鸟 我想攀岩 |
[14:44] | This appears significantly more monolithic than it did on my laptop. | 这家伙比在电脑上看起来大啊 |
[14:50] | One expects to see hominids learning to use bones as weapons. | 想看原始人怎么用骨头当武器呢 |
[14:55] | You afraid of heights,Cooper? | 你恐高啊 库珀? |
[14:56] | Hardly. A fear of heights is illogical. | 哪能啊 恐高完全不合理 |
[14:59] | A fear of falling,on the other hand,is prudent and evolutionary. | 然而害怕掉下来 才是有发展眼光的说法 |
[15:03] | What would you say is the minimum altitude I need to achieve to cement our newfound friendship? | 你说要巩固我们的友情 我最少要爬多高呀? |
[15:09] | Come on,they have birthday parties here. Little kids climb this. | 好啦 这开生日会呢 小盆友都爬 |
[15:14] | Little kid hominids perhaps. | 小原始人吧 |
[15:20] | So is this your entire job? Your parents must be so proud. | 你工作就干这点事啊? 父母一定很骄傲哈 |
[15:26] | – Let’s go,Cooper. – I’m coming,Kripke. | – 来啊 库珀 – 来了 Kripke |
[15:30] | Okay,the harness seems to be secure. | 好的 绳子貌似很结实 |
[15:34] | A small amount of incontinence just now,but the Web site said that’s to be expected. | 刚才有点不能自制 但网上说那是正常情况 |
[15:42] | this isn’t so bad. It’s like vertical swimming. | 也不咋难嘛 像是垂直游泳 |
[15:48] | Hey,look at you,Cooper. You’re almost halfway to the top. | 嘿 瞧瞧 库珀 都爬到一半了 |
[15:50] | I am? | 是吗? |
[15:54] | I was wrong. It is a fear of heights. | 我错了 我恐高 |
[15:58] | You all right there,Cooper? | 你还好吗 库珀? |
[15:59] | Not really. | 不太好 |
[16:01] | I feel somewhat like an inverse tangent function that’s approached an asymptote. | 感觉像是反正切曲线接近渐近线了 |
[16:04] | Are you saying you’re stuck? | 你是说你卡住了? |
[16:06] | What part of inverse tangent function approaching an asymptote did you not understand? | 反正切曲线接近渐近线 哪个字你不明白啊? |
[16:10] | I understood all of it. I’m not a moron. Just keep going. | 我都明白 我又不是白痴 接着爬啦 |
[16:14] | Yeah,I don’t think I can. | 我想我做不到 |
[16:16] | Well,then climb back down. | 那就爬下去 |
[16:19] | No,that doesn’t seem any more likely. | 不行 更没可能了 |
[16:22] | What’s your plan,Cooper? | 你打算咋办 库珀? |
[16:23] | Well,it’s not exactly a plan,but I think I’m going to pass out. | 不能算是啥打算 我想我要晕菜了 |
[16:38] | I’m sorry,can we please just do it one more time? | 抱歉 咱再做一次行吗? |
[16:40] | Okay. One,two,one,two,three,and… | 好的 一二 一二三 |
[16:58] | It’s a little thing,but you really do miss it. | 小事一件 但真是怀念啊 |
[17:02] | Hello,everyone. | 大家好 |
[17:03] | I brought my new friend Barry Kripke home for dinner. | 我带新朋友贝瑞·克里帕奇回家吃饭了 |
[17:09] | Hello to you,too. | 你们也好啊 |
[17:11] | How was rock climbing? | 攀岩怎样? |
[17:13] | He passed out. | 他晕过去了 |
[17:14] | Just hung there like a big salami. | 跟个意大利腊肠一样吊在那 |
[17:18] | Tha-tha-that’s where I sit. | 那 那 那是我的座 |
[17:20] | Ooh,you have a special spot? What kind of wacko are you? | 你还有固定座位呢? 咋这么怪捏 |
[17:24] | How much time you got? | 看你有多少时间 |
[17:28] | You want some Chinese food? | 来点中餐? |
[17:29] | Terrific. Got any dental floss? | 太好了 有牙线没? |
[17:32] | In the bathroom. | 在洗手间 |
[17:34] | Be right back. | 马上回来 |
[17:35] | I got to floss the Indian food out of my teeth if I’m gonna eat Chinese. | 吃中餐前要先把牙里的印度菜弄出来 |
[17:41] | Sheldon,are you okay? | 谢尔顿 还好吗? |
[17:42] | Oh,yes,I pass out all the time,but it was worth it. | 哦 好呀 全晕过去了 但值了 |
[17:47] | I’ve made substantial progress in bonding with Kripke,which brings me to an awkward moment. | 我和Kripke的友情有了质的进展 但这也产生了一个尴尬的问题 |
[17:52] | What’s that? | 咋了? |
[17:53] | Maintaing five friendships promises to be a Herculean task,so… | 维持五个朋友的友情太困难了 所以… |
[17:59] | I’m going to have to let one of you go. | 我要开除你们其中一个 |
[18:04] | Me,me,let it be me. | 我 我 选我吧 |
[18:08] | Leonard,you are my roommate,my source of transportation, | 莱纳德 你是我的室友 我的出行工具 |
[18:12] | and you help me fold my sheets when they come out of the dryer. | 床单烘干后你会为我叠好 |
[18:16] | You are safe. | 你安全了 |
[18:19] | – Can I whistle? – Don’t be silly. | – 能吹口哨不? – 别犯傻 |
[18:22] | Howard,you do not have a PhD; your cologne is an assault on the senses; | 霍华德 你没有博士学位 你的古龙水刺激感官 |
[18:28] | and you’re not available for video games during the Jewish high holidays. | 犹太重大节日期间 你不能参与电子游戏 |
[18:34] | Guilty as charged. I’m out. | 我有罪啊 我淘汰了 |
[18:35] | No. You too are safe. | 不 你也安全 |
[18:38] | Oh,come on. What do I have to do? | 哦 不是吧 我该怎么做呀? |
[18:42] | Okay,you know what? I see where this is going. | 好了 我知道怎么个意思了 |
[18:45] | I’m not one of you guys. I’m not a scientist,so just tell me… | 我不属于你们中的一员 我也不是科学家 直接告诉我… |
[18:47] | Penny,Penny,Penny,everything you’re saying is true,but please allow me to continue. | 佩妮 佩妮 佩妮 你说的都对 但请听我说完 |
[18:51] | Raj,you’re out. | 拉吉 你被淘汰了 |
[18:59] | That’s a good question. | 问的好 |
[19:01] | While you do provide a certain cultural diversity to an otherwise homogenous group, | 你的确为这个同类的小团体 注入了异域的文化 |
[19:05] | your responses to the questionnaire were truly disturbing. | 但你问卷的回答太闹心了 |
[19:08] | How could you for a moment think that my favorite amino acid is glutamine? | 你怎么会觉得我最喜欢的氨基酸是谷氨酰胺? |
[19:14] | He had lysine,but changed it. | 他写了赖氨酸 又改了 |
[19:17] | Shoulda,woulda,coulda,Raj. | 早干啥了 拉吉 |
[19:22] | I like to floss before I eat so my gum pockets are open for new food. | 我喜欢在吃东西前打牙线 以便牙缝迎接新的食物 |
[19:30] | Hello! | 你好啊! |
[19:34] | How did I walk past you? | 我以前怎会没注意到你? |
[19:36] | – I’m Barry. – Penny. | – 我是贝瑞 – 佩妮 |
[19:39] | Eh,that’s not a very hot name. | 呃 这名字不咋性感嘛 |
[19:42] | I’m going to call you Roxanne. | 我要叫你罗姗 |
[19:45] | Ooh,pot stickers. | 哦 饺子 |
[19:48] | Suddenly,I’m looking pretty good,huh? | 突然前 我变得如此优质了哈? |
[19:54] | So,Kripke,I was wondering if there’s any chance you could get me some time on the open science grid computer? | Kripke 我在想你能不能借我用用 开放科学网格计算机呢? |
[20:01] | – No. – No? But we’re friends. | – 不行 – 不行? 我们是朋友啊 |
[20:06] | I’m sorry. No,my friend. | 抱歉 不行 我的盆友 |
[20:11] | I’m confused. | 搞不懂了 |
[20:12] | I was given to understand that you allow your friends time on the machine. | 我以为你会让朋友用那机器的 |
[20:16] | No,that’s wrong. There’s an official schedule. I have no control over it. | 不 不是那么回事 有正式安排的 我做不了主 |
[20:24] | Well,this entire endeavor seems to have been an exercise in futility. | 看来整个尝试都是徒劳了 |
[20:29] | Raj,you’re back in. | 拉吉 你可以回来了 |
[20:34] | He likes monkeys. | 他喜欢猴子 |
[20:41] | *****im credit for sticking with it. | 我得表扬他的坚持精神 |
[20:45] | I didn’t think he had it in him. | 我看他是没那细胞 |
[20:47] | And he almost made it to the top this time. | 这次差点就到顶了啊 |