时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Okay… | 好 |
[00:05] | The x-tens are online. | X-10(先进网络技术)已经联网了 |
[00:07] | Gentlemen, I am now about send a signal | 先生们 我现在要通过这台电脑发射一个信号 |
[00:10] | From this laptop through our local isp | 连接到我们当地的互联网服务供应商 |
[00:13] | Racing down fiber-optic cable at the speed of light | 以光速在光纤电缆中传输到旧金山 |
[00:15] | To san francisco, bouncing off a satellite | 再通过地球同步轨道卫星 |
[00:18] | In geosynchronous orbit to lisbon, portugal, | 反射到葡萄牙的里斯本 |
[00:20] | Where the data packets | 在那里数据将 |
[00:21] | Will be handed off to submerged trans-atlantic cables | 切换到跨大西洋海底电缆 |
[00:23] | Terminating in halifax, nova scotia | 最终汇聚到加拿大新斯科舍省的哈里法克斯 |
[00:25] | And transferred across the continent | 再通过微波中继跨越整个大陆 |
[00:26] | Via microwave relays back to our isp | 最后回到我们的互联网服务供应商 |
[00:29] | And the x-ten receiver attached to this… | 而X-10的接收器就连接着这个… |
[00:32] | Lamp. | 灯 |
[00:36] | Look at me. look at me. I’ve got goose bumps. | 快看 快看 我鸡皮疙瘩都起来了 |
[00:38] | Are we ready on the stereo? | 我们试试音响 准备好了没 |
[00:40] | Go for stereo. | 快试试音响 |
[01:03] | Hey, guys. | 伙计们 |
[01:04] | Hi. hello. hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[01:06] | It’s a little loud. | 声音有点大 |
[01:07] | No problem– turning it down. | 没问题 马上关小它 |
[01:10] | San francisco, lisbon, halifax… | 旧金山 里斯本 哈里法克斯 |
[01:13] | And voila. | 瞧 好了吧(法语) |
[01:15] | Okay, thanks. | 好 谢了 |
[01:16] | Hang on, hang on. do you not realize what we just did? | 等等 等等 你是不是没明白我们在干什么 |
[01:19] | Yeah, you turned your stereo down with you laptop. | 明白 你们用电脑把音响关小了 |
[01:21] | No, we turned our stereo down by sending a snall | 不是 我们通过互联网走了地球一圈 |
[01:24] | Around the world via the internet. | 发送了一个命令把音响关小的 |
[01:27] | You know, you can just get one of those universal remotes | 其实这样一个遥控装置 |
[01:29] | At radio shack. they’re really cheap. | 在瑞帝优上(美国电子产品零售企业)里有买 而且很便宜 |
[01:32] | No, no. You don’t get it. | 不 不 你还是没明白 |
[01:34] | Howard, enable public access. | 霍华德 开启公共接入功能 |
[01:36] | Public access enabled. | 公共接入已开启 |
[01:41] | Boy, that’s terrific. I’ll see ya. | 真不赖 伙计们 我先走了 |
[01:43] | No, hang on, hang on. | 别 等等 等等 |
[01:47] | See? | 看到没? |
[01:49] | No. | 没有 |
[01:51] | Someone in szechwan province, china | 在中国四川省的某个人 |
[01:54] | is using his computer | 正在通过他的电脑 |
[01:55] | To turn our lights on and off. | 远程开关我们的灯 |
[01:58] | Well, that’s handy. | 那倒是很方便 |
[02:01] | Here is the question. Why? | 我提个问题 为什么要做这个? |
[02:05] | Because we can. | 因为我们可以做到 |
[02:08] | They found the remote-control cars. | 他们发现了远程遥控汽车 |
[02:13] | Well, wait, wait, what’s on top of that? | 等等 等等 车顶上是什么? |
[02:14] | Wireless web cams. wave hello. | 无线网络摄像头 打个招呼 |
[02:17] | The monster truck is out of austin, texas, | 那辆大货车来自德克萨斯州的奥斯丁 |
[02:20] | And the blue viper is being operated | 而”蓝毒蛇”正在被一个来自 |
[02:22] | From suburban tel aviv. | 以色列特拉维夫郊区的人控制 |
[02:26] | You may want to put on slacks. | 你也许应该穿条裤子 |
[02:28] | What? | 什么 |
[02:31] | Ew, stop it. | 快停下来 |
[02:33] | No leave me alone | 不 离我远点 |
[02:38] | Who’s running the red corvette? | 那个红色雪佛兰是谁控制的? |
[02:39] | That would be me. | 是我 |
[03:06] | You know, in the future | 你们知道吗 在将来 |
[03:07] | When we’re disembodied brains in jars, | 当我们能把大脑取出来放到罐子里时 |
[03:09] | We’re going to look back at this as eight hours well wasted. | 我们回过头看看这八小时 会觉得那真无聊 |
[03:14] | I don’t want to be in a jar. | 我不想被放到罐子里 |
[03:15] | I want my brain in an android body. | 我想把我的大脑放在机器人身上 |
[03:19] | Eight feet tall and ripped. | 最好身高八英尺 身材健美 |
[03:22] | I’m with you. | 我支持你 |
[03:23] | I just have to make sure that if I’m a synthetic human, | 我只是要确保假使我成了合成人 |
[03:25] | I’d still be jewish. | 我也还得是犹太人 |
[03:29] | I promised my mother. | 我答应过我妈妈 |
[03:32] | I suppose you could have your android penis circumcised, | 我猜你还得给你那机器人鸡鸡做个包皮手术 |
[03:38] | But that’s something | 但那是你的犹太教主 |
[03:38] | Your rabbi would have to discuss with the manufacturer. | 和机器人制造者需要讨论的问题 |
[03:41] | Not to mention you’d have to power down on saturdays. | 更不用说每到周六 你还得把电源关了 |
[03:46] | Sheldon, why is this letter in the trash? | 谢尔顿 这信怎么在垃圾桶里? |
[03:48] | Well, there’s always the possibility that a trash can | 在一封信旁边自动生成一只垃圾桶 |
[03:51] | Spontaneously formed around the letter, | 是有可能出现的事情 |
[03:54] | But occam’s razor | 但奥卡姆剃刀定律 |
[03:55] | Would suggest that someone threw it out. | 会认为是有人把它给扔了 |
[03:58] | It’s from the institute for experimental physics. | 是实验物理研究院寄来的 |
[04:00] | They want us to present our paper | 他们希望我们能在 |
[04:01] | On the properties of supersolids | 主题为玻色-爱因斯坦凝聚的会议上 |
[04:03] | At the topical conference on bose einstein condensates. | 做我们超固体性质的论文演讲 |
[04:06] | I know, I read it before I threw it out. | 我知道 我扔之前看过 |
[04:09] | Okay, if I may drill down to the bedrock of my question | 容许我把问题阐述地更清楚些 |
[04:12] | Why did you throw it out? | 你为什么要扔了它呢 |
[04:14] | Because I have no interest in standing in the rose room | 因为我没兴趣站在万豪国际酒店的 |
[04:16] | Of the Pasadena Marriott | 玫瑰间里 |
[04:17] | In front of a group of judgmental strangers | 去面对一群互相不认识但又喜欢评头论足的人 |
[04:20] | Who wouldn’t recognize true genius | 他们不会意识到 |
[04:21] | If it was standing in front of them giving a speech. | 在他们面前做演讲的人是真正的天才 |
[04:24] | Which, if I were there, it would be. | 因为如果我在那 我会这么认为的 |
[04:27] | I don’t know, sheldon. | 我不知道 谢尔顿 |
[04:28] | Those topical conference on bose einstein condensates | 那些主题为玻色-爱因斯坦凝聚的会议 |
[04:30] | Parties are legendary. | 之后的庆功会都是超赞的 |
[04:32] | Forget the parties. | 别提那些庆功会 |
[04:34] | Forget the parties? what a nerd. | 别提那些庆功会? 你个白痴 |
[04:38] | Are there any other honors I’ve gotten that I don’t know about? | 还有什么别的荣誉我不知道的吗 |
[04:40] | Did ups drop off a nobel prize | UPS有没有快递过 |
[04:42] | With my name on it? | 给我的诺贝尔奖? |
[04:43] | Leonard, please don’t take this the wrong way, | 里奥纳德 你千万别误会 |
[04:45] | But the day you win a nobel prize | 不过你得诺贝尔奖的那天 |
[04:47] | Is the day I begin my research | 就是我开始研究 |
[04:49] | On the drag coefficient of tassels on flying carpets. | 阿拉伯飞毯上那些穗状雄花图案的风阻系数的那天 |
[04:53] | Ooh, the only thing missing | 刚才那些侮辱中 |
[04:54] | From that insult was “your mama.” | 唯一没有提到的就是”你妈妈” |
[04:57] | I got one. | 我补充一个 |
[04:58] | Hey, leonard, your mama’s research methodology is so flawed… | 里奥纳德 你妈妈的研究方法问题实在太多… |
[05:01] | Shut up, howard. | 闭嘴 霍华德 |
[05:03] | Sheldon, we have to do this. | 谢尔顿 我们得去参加这个 |
[05:05] | No, we don’t. | 不 我们不 |
[05:06] | We have to take in nourishment, expel waste, | 我们得吸取营养 排除毒素 |
[05:08] | And inhale enough oxygen to keep our cells from dying. | 并且吸入足够的氧气来维持我们细胞鲜活 |
[05:11] | Everything else is optional. | 其它任何事都不是必须的 |
[05:13] | Okay, let me put it this way, I’m doing it. | 好 那我这么说吧 我要去参加 |
[05:15] | You can’t. I’m the lead author. | 你不能 我是第一作者 |
[05:17] | Come on, the only reason you’re the lead author | 别逗了 之所以你是第一作者 |
[05:20] | Is because we went alphabetically. | 是因为这是按名字字母排序的 |
[05:22] | I let you think we went alphabetically | 是我让你这么认为的 |
[05:23] | To spare you the humiliation | 好让你不用面对这一耻辱性的事实 |
[05:25] | Of dealing with the fact that it was my idea. | 那就是这篇论文是我想出来的 |
[05:26] | Not to put too fine a point on it, | 不是我有意要说得那么直白 |
[05:28] | But I was throwing you a bone. | 但事实是 我在可怜你 |
[05:30] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[05:32] | Excuse me, I designed the experiment that proved the hypothesis. | 慢着 这个假说的实验证明是我设计的 |
[05:35] | It doesn’t need proving. | 它根本就不用证明 |
[05:38] | So the entire scientific community | 这么说 整个学术界就会那么 |
[05:39] | Is just supposed to take your word? | 不加任何质疑地相信你的话? |
[05:41] | They’re not supposed to, but they should. | 不是会 是他们应该那样 |
[05:44] | All right, I don’t care what you say, | 算了 我不管你说什么 |
[05:46] | I’m going to the conference and I’m presenting our findings. | 我要去参加会议并展示我们的成果 |
[05:48] | And I forbid it. | 我不允许 |
[05:51] | You forbid it? | 你不允许? |
[05:52] | If I’m not taking credit for our work, then nobody is. | 如果我没有因为我们的成果而得到好评 那没人可以 |
[05:55] | So you admit that it’s our work? no. | -这么说你承认这是我们俩的成果? -没有 |
[05:57] | Once again, I’m throwing you a bone. | 再说一遍 我是在可怜你 |
[06:00] | And once again you are welcome. | 并且再说一遍 不用谢 |
[06:05] | Oh, no, he didn’t | 不 他不会吧(模仿里奥纳德) |
[06:10] | So, how’s it going with sheldon? | 你和谢尔顿现在怎样了 |
[06:12] | Are you guys still not talking to each other? | 你们还是谁也不理谁吗 |
[06:14] | Not only is he still not talking to me, | 他不但还是不跟我说话 |
[06:16] | But there’s this thing he does where he stares at you | 还会这么瞪着你 并做这么个动作 |
[06:18] | And tries to get your brain to explode. | 试图把你的脑子弄爆 |
[06:21] | You know, like in the classic sci-fi movie scanners. | 就像那种经典的高科技电影里的扫描器 |
[06:25] | Like… bzzz… | 这样… |
[06:28] | Never mind. | 不说了 |
[06:30] | How about this one? | 这件怎么样? |
[06:32] | It says, I know my physics, but I’m still a fun guy. | 可以告诉别人说 我是物理学家 但我也是个有趣的人 |
[06:37] | Wow, I didn’t know they still made corduroy suits. | 我不知道现在还有做灯芯绒外套 |
[06:39] | They don’t.That’s why I saved this one. | 是不做了 所以我才一直留着它 |
[06:42] | Okay, well, let’s just see | 好吧 让我再看看 |
[06:44] | What else you have. | 你还有什么别的 |
[06:46] | Okay, here, take this… | 拿着这个… |
[06:48] | And this, and this, and these… | 和这个 这个 还有这些… |
[06:52] | Is this all stuff you want me to try on? | 所有这些你都要让我试穿? |
[06:54] | No, this is stuff I want you to throw out. | 不 这些是我想让你扔了的 |
[06:57] | Oh. seriously, don’t even give them to charity. | 说真的 甚至不要把它们捐作慈善 |
[06:58] | You won’t be helping anyone. | 你这不是在帮助任何人 |
[07:01] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[07:03] | That’s the bottle city of kandor. | 这是坎多(对抗魔人的守卫国度)的瓶中城 |
[07:08] | You see, kandor was the capital city | 知道吗 坎多曾经是 |
[07:11] | Of the planet krypton. | 克里顿星球(还是星球大战)的首都 |
[07:12] | It was miniaturized by brainiac before krypton exploded, | 它被天才在克里顿爆炸前缩小了 |
[07:15] | And then rescued by superman. | 然后被超人拯救了 |
[07:18] | Oh. nice. | 不错 |
[07:21] | It’s a lot cooler when girls aren’t looking at it. | 还是女孩子不看这些的时候比较好 |
[07:25] | Here, why don’t you put these on | 你穿上这个试试 |
[07:27] | While I find a shirt and a sport coat that match. | 我再看看有没有合适的T恤和运动外衣 |
[07:28] | Great, I’ll be right back. | 好 我马上回来 |
[07:29] | Where are you going? just put ’em on. | 你去哪里? 就这样换了 |
[07:31] | Here? | 在这? |
[07:32] | Oh, are you shy? | 你还害羞啊? |
[07:34] | No, I’m not shy. | 没 我没害羞 |
[07:35] | Don’t worry. I won’t look. | 别担心 我不会看的 |
[07:37] | I know you won’t look. why would you look? | 我知道你不会看 你为什么要看 |
[07:39] | There’s nothing to see… well, not nothing… | 这也没什么好看的…倒也不是… |
[07:40] | Sweetie, put the pants on. | 亲爱的 把裤子穿上 |
[07:42] | Putting ’em on. | 穿了穿了 |
[07:44] | So, you know, isn’t there maybe some way | 你跟谢尔顿在演讲这件事情上 |
[07:46] | You and sheldon could compromise on this whole presentation thing? | 就没有互相妥协的余地吗 |
[07:49] | No, no. | 不 没有 |
[07:51] | Scientists do not compromise. | 科学家从不妥协 |
[07:52] | Our minds are trained to synthesize facts | 我们的大脑被锻炼成就是把事实结合起来 |
[07:54] | And come to inarguable conclusions. | 然后得出无可辩驳的结论 |
[07:56] | Not to mention, sheldon is bat-crap crazy. | 更不用说 谢尔顿还是个怪胎 |
[08:02] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[08:04] | Oh, careful. | 小心 |
[08:07] | That’s my original series | 那个是原版 |
[08:08] | Battlestar galactica flight suit. | 太空堡垒卡拉狄加的飞行服 |
[08:11] | Oh, why didn’t you wear it on halloween? | 万圣节的时候你怎么没穿这个? |
[08:13] | Because it’s not a costume. it’s a flight suit. | 因为那不是制服 是件飞行服 |
[08:18] | Okay, all right, moving on. | 好的 我继续找 |
[08:22] | Oh, wow, a paisley shirt. | 羊毛针织花衬衫 |
[08:23] | Uh-huh, it goes with my corduroy suit. | 它正好配我那件灯芯绒外套 |
[08:26] | If you mean they should end up in the same place, then I agree. | 如果你是说他们得呆在一个地方 那我同意 |
[08:30] | Is this your only tie? | 这是你唯一的领带吗 |
[08:34] | Technically, yes. | 理论上 是的 |
[08:35] | But if you’ll notice… | 但如果你仔细看 |
[08:37] | It’s reversible. | 会发现这是两面的 |
[08:41] | So it works as two. | 所以可以当两条用 |
[08:42] | Oh sweetie, I don’t even think it works as one. | 亲爱的 我觉得它连一条都不算 |
[08:47] | Is this all your clothes? | 这就是你所有的衣服吗 |
[08:49] | Yup. everything since the eighth grade. | 对 从我八年级到现在所有的 |
[08:51] | The… the eighth grade? | 八…八年级? |
[08:53] | My last growth spurt. | 我从那时起就不再长了 |
[08:57] | Okay, well, I guess we’re back to the corduroy suit. | 那好 我想我们还是回到这套灯芯绒外套吧 |
[08:59] | Great. yep. | 好的 |
[09:03] | I said no. put it down. | 我说了不行 扔一边去 |
[09:10] | Hey, sheldon. | 好啊 谢尔顿 |
[09:13] | Hello, penny. | 你好 潘妮 |
[09:16] | Get anything good? | 有什么好东西吗 |
[09:20] | Just the latest copy of applied particle physics quarterly. | 最近一季度的应用粒子物理学报 |
[09:23] | Oh, you know, that is so weird that yours came and mine didn’t. | 真奇怪 怎么你的来了我的却没到 |
[09:32] | It was a joke. | 我开玩笑呢 |
[09:40] | Yep, tip your waitresses. | 给女服务生点小费 |
[09:41] | I’m here all week. | 我这一周都在 |
[09:43] | Penny, just to save you from further awkwardness, | 潘妮 为了避免你感觉更加尴尬 |
[09:45] | Know that I’m perfectly comfortable with the two of us | 如果我们两个安安静静地走上楼 |
[09:48] | Climbing the stairs in silence. | 我完全没有意见 |
[09:49] | Oh, yeah, okay, me, too. | 是的 我也是 |
[09:51] | Zip it, lock it. | 嘴巴拉上 闭紧 |
[09:54] | Put it in your pocket. | 放在兜里 |
[10:00] | So, you and leonard. | 你和里奥纳德 |
[10:01] | Oh, dear god. | 天呐 |
[10:03] | A little misunderstanding, huh? | 有点小误会 是吧 |
[10:05] | A little misundersta…? | 有点小误…? |
[10:07] | Galileo and the pope had a little misunderstanding. | 伽利略和教皇之间是有点小误会 |
[10:14] | Anyway, I was talking to leonard this morning, | 不管怎样 我今天早上跟里奥纳德聊天 |
[10:16] | And I think he feels really bad about it. | 我认为他对于这事感到很难过 |
[10:20] | Well, how do you feel? | 你是什么感受 |
[10:23] | I don’t understand the question. | 你没理解你这个问题 |
[10:25] | No, I’m just asking if it’s difficult | 不 我是问和最好的朋友发生争执 |
[10:27] | To be fighting with your best friend. | 是不是感觉很难受 |
[10:29] | Oh, I hadn’t thought about it like that. | 我还没那么想过 |
[10:32] | I wonder if I’ve been experiencing | 我在想我是否正在经受 |
[10:34] | Physiological manifestations | 由于无意识感情上混乱 |
[10:35] | of some sort of unconscious emotional turmoil. | 而导致的一些生理表现 |
[10:39] | Wait. what? | 等等 什么? |
[10:41] | I couldn’t poop this morning. | 我今天早上拉不出屎 |
[10:47] | Just talk to him. | 跟他说说话吧 |
[10:48] | I’m sure you guys can work this out. | 我想你们一定能把问题解决的 |
[10:50] | It’s certainly preferable to my plan. | 这肯定比我的计划更好 |
[10:52] | Which was? | 你什么计划? |
[10:53] | A powerful laxative. | 用强力泻药 |
[10:57] | Okay, so you absolutely should talk to him. | 好吧 你真的应该跟他好好谈谈 |
[10:59] | Look, I know leonard values you as a friend, | 我知道里奥纳德把你当朋友的 |
[11:01] | And he told me himself that without your little idea, | 他亲口告诉我 如果没有你那些小点子 |
[11:03] | There’s no way he could have | 他就不可能 |
[11:05] | Come up with this whole experiment thing. | 完成这整个实验 |
[11:10] | Excuse me. “little idea”? | 不好意思 “小点子”? |
[11:12] | Yeah, I mean, he tried to explain it to me. | 我是说 他试着跟我解释过 |
[11:14] | I didn’t really understand it… | 我没有弄得很明白… |
[11:15] | Of course, you didn’t. | 你当然没明白 |
[11:16] | He said, “little idea”? | 他说”小点子”? |
[11:18] | Well, no, not in… not in those words. | 不 他不是那么说的 |
[11:21] | In what words then, exactly? | 那是怎么说的 确切点 |
[11:23] | Um, you know, gee, the exact words… | 天 确切的词是… |
[11:25] | It’s more the spirit in which… | 他主要的意思是说… |
[11:26] | What did he say? | 他说什么? |
[11:27] | You had a lucky hunch. | 你只是碰运气预感到的 |
[11:30] | Hey, sheldon, I’ve been thinking. | 谢尔顿 我刚才一直在想 |
[11:32] | Instead of arguing about this… | 我们一直争执这个问题还不如… |
[11:33] | Don’t you ever speak to me again. | 不要再跟我说话 |
[11:37] | Wha…? | 什…? |
[11:40] | He… | 他… |
[11:54] | Okay, I’m leaving for the conference. | 我去参加会议了 |
[11:57] | Have fun presenting my “lucky hunch.” | 祝你演讲我那”幸运的预感”愉快 |
[11:59] | Shel, I didn’t mean it like that. | 谢尔顿 我不是那个意思 |
[12:01] | Then why did you say it? | 那你为什么要那么说 |
[12:02] | I don’t know. I wasn’t… | 我不知道 我不是… |
[12:03] | Were you trying to impress penny? | 你是想取悦潘妮? |
[12:05] | No, no, not at all. a little bit. | 不 不 完全不是 有那么一点 |
[12:08] | How’d that work out for you? | 那么做有效果吗 |
[12:10] | Leonard, ready to go? | 里奥纳德 准备走了吗 |
[12:12] | libido 1.0. | 力比多(弗洛伊德理论) 1-0 |
[12:17] | Okay, I’m gonna ask you one more time. | 好 我再问你一次 |
[12:18] | We did the work together. | 这个成果是咱们一起完成的 |
[12:19] | Let’s present the paper together. | 就让咱们一起去做演讲 |
[12:21] | And I’m telling you for the last time | 我也跟你说最后一遍 |
[12:22] | It’s pandering, it’s undignified, and bite me. | 你这是在拉皮条 这是没有尊严的 咬我吧 |
[12:26] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[12:29] | Bye, sheldon. | 再见 谢尔顿 |
[12:30] | Good-bye, penny. | 再见 潘妮 |
[12:42] | One of these days… | 就在未来的某一天… |
[12:47] | There you go. | 还不错 |
[12:48] | You’re right. this side does look better. | 你说的没错 这面果然更好看 |
[12:50] | No, no, I didn’t say “better.” | 不 不 我没说”更好看” |
[12:52] | I said “less stained.” | 我只是说”褪色少一些” |
[12:55] | i just checked the house. there’s probably | 我刚观察了下 里面大约 |
[12:57] | 20-25 people in there. | 有20-25个人 |
[12:58] | You’re kidding? | 开玩笑吧? |
[12:59] | Is that all? “all”? | -一共就这些? -就这些? |
[13:01] | In particle physics, 25 is woodstock. | 对高能物理学领域来说 25人已称得上伍德斯托克(摇滚音乐节)了 |
[13:04] | Oh, well, then good. | 这样啊 那不错 |
[13:07] | I wasn’t expecting such a crowd. I’m a little nervous. | 我没想到会有这么多人 我有点紧张 |
[13:09] | It’s okay. just open with a joke. you’ll be fine. | 没事 讲个笑话做开场白就不紧张了 |
[13:12] | Uh, joke. okay, | 笑话 好的 |
[13:15] | How about this? | 这个怎么样? |
[13:16] | Um, okay, uh, there’s this farmer, | 有个农民 |
[13:19] | And he has these chickens, | 他养了一些鸡 |
[13:21] | But they won’t lay any eggs, so he calls a physicist to help. | 但是它们不下蛋 所以他去找物理学家求救 |
[13:25] | The physicist then does some calculations, | 这个物理学家便做了些计算 |
[13:28] | And he says, “i have a solution, | 然后说”我有个办法 |
[13:32] | But it only works with spherical chickens in a vacuum.” | 不过只适用于真空环境下的球形鸡(加拿大科学家凯伊的方法)” |
[13:38] | Right? | 好笑吧? |
[13:44] | Oh, sorry, I just… I’ve heard it before. | 抱歉 我…我以前听过 |
[13:47] | Let’s roll. okay. | -我们进去吧 -好的 |
[13:48] | Hey, nice suit. | 西服不错 |
[13:49] | It’s a classic, right? | 一流的 是吧? |
[13:52] | I really should have brought my own car. | 我真应该把我的车开来 |
[13:57] | So, in conclusion, the data show | 因此我们总结如下 数据表明 |
[13:59] | That at temperatures approaching absolute zero, | 当温度接近绝对零度时 |
[14:01] | The moment of inertia changes, | 转动惯量就会发生改变 |
[14:03] | And the solid becomes a supersolid which clearly appears | 而固体就会变成一种超固体 |
[14:06] | To be a previously unknown state of matter. | 成为一种之前未知的物质 |
[14:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:17] | Were there any questions? | 请问有任何问题吗 |
[14:20] | Yeah, what the hell was that? | 有 那到底是什么玩意? |
[14:25] | Any other questions? | 还有其他问题吗 |
[14:26] | Dr. sheldon cooper here. | 我是谢尔顿·库珀博士 |
[14:28] | I am the lead author of this particular paper. | 是这篇论文的第一作者 |
[14:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:36] | And you, sir, you have completely skipped over the part | 而你 这位先生 完全跳过了一个重要部分 |
[14:39] | Where I was walking through the park, | 当时我是在公园里散步 |
[14:41] | And I saw these children on a merry-go-round, | 看见小孩们在玩旋转木马 |
[14:43] | Which started me thinking about the moment of inertia | 正是这才让我想起转动惯性 |
[14:45] | In gases like helium | 当温度接近绝对零度 |
[14:47] | At temperatures approaching absolute zero. | 在气体里 比如氦气里的表现 |
[14:49] | I didn’t skip it. it’s just an anecdote. | 我没有跳过 这只是个小插曲 |
[14:51] | It’s not science. | 不是科学 |
[14:52] | Oh, I see. | 原来是这样 |
[14:53] | Was the apple falling on newton’s head, | 那么苹果落在牛顿的头上 |
[14:55] | Was that just an anecdote? | 也仅仅是个小插曲? |
[14:56] | You are not isaac newton. | 你不是艾萨克·牛顿 |
[14:57] | No, no, that’s true. | 是 是 这倒是不错 |
[14:58] | Gravity would have been apparent to me without the apple. | 对我来说 不用那苹果我也会知道是地球引力 |
[15:02] | You could not possibly be that arrogant. | 你能不能不那么自大 |
[15:03] | You continue to underestimate me, my good man. | 你仍旧低估了我 我的伙计 |
[15:06] | Look, if you weren’t happy with my presentation, | 听着 如果你因为我的演讲而不高兴 |
[15:08] | Then maybe you should have given it with me. | 那你应该跟我一起来讲的 |
[15:10] | As I’ve explained repeatedly, unlike you, | 就像我反复解释的 我不像你 |
[15:12] | I don’t need validation from lesser minds. | 我不需要比我笨的人来认可我 |
[15:15] | No offense. | 没有别的意思 |
[15:16] | So why did you come? | 那你还为什么来? |
[15:18] | Because I knew you’d screw this up. | 因为我知道你会把它糟蹋了的 |
[15:19] | I didn’t screw it up | 我才没有糟蹋 |
[15:20] | Oh, please, | 开玩笑 |
[15:21] | I admit that spherical chicken joke– that was hilarious. Thanks. | -我承认那个球形鸡的笑话…是挺好笑 -谢谢 |
[15:24] | But it was straight downhill from there. | 不过从那里开始就急转直下了 |
[15:26] | I’ve had enough of your condescension. | 我受够了你这种高傲的态度 |
[15:28] | Maybe I didn’t go to college when I was 11 like you. | 也许我没有像你一样11岁就考上大学 |
[15:31] | Maybe I got my doctorate at 24 instead of 16, | 也许我是24岁才拿到博士 而不像你是16岁 |
[15:34] | But you are not the only person | 但你不是这个屋子里 |
[15:36] | Who is smarter than everyone else in this room | 唯一一个比他们都聪明的人 |
[15:39] | No offense. | 没别的意思 |
[15:41] | And I am clearly not the only person | 我显然并不是这里唯一一个 |
[15:43] | Who is tormented by insecurity | 怀着不安全感 渴望得到 |
[15:45] | And has an ego in need of constant validation. | 不断的肯定 并为之饱受苦恼的人 |
[15:48] | So you admit that you’re an egotist? | 那你承认你是个自大狂了? |
[15:49] | Yes | 对 |
[15:51] | My name is dr. leonard hofstadter | 我是里奥纳德·霍夫斯塔德博士 |
[15:53] | And I could never please my parents, | 我从不讨我父母喜欢 |
[15:54] | So I need to get all my self-esteem | 所以我需要从你们这些陌生人这里 |
[15:56] | From strangers like you. | 把自尊心都找回来 |
[15:57] | But he’s worse | 但他更差劲 |
[15:58] | Okay, that is it stop it | -好的 够了 -别闹了 |
[16:03] | You cannot blow up my head with your mind | 你不可能用意念爆了我的头 |
[16:06] | Then I’ll settle for an aneurysm. | 那给你弄个动脉瘤也成 |
[16:08] | Stop it | 别弄了 |
[16:10] | You hit me | 你打我 |
[16:10] | You saw that. he hit me. | 你们都看到了 他打我 |
[16:12] | You were trying to blow up my head. | 是你想爆了我的头 |
[16:13] | So it was working. | 所以还是起作用了 |
[16:14] | It was not you are a nut case | 才不是呢 你简直是个疯子 |
[16:16] | We’ll see about that. | 我们来看看 |
[16:18] | Heads up, you people in the front row. | 把头抬起来 坐第一排的人 |
[16:19] | This is a splash zone. | 这里是辐射区 |
[16:21] | Stop it | 别闹了 |
[16:22] | Quit it | 停下来 |
[16:29] | Is this usually how these physics things go? | 你们搞物理的经常这样? |
[16:31] | More often than you think. | 比你想的要频繁 |
[16:37] | Stop it nerve pinch | 停下 我要发功把你弄爆 |
[16:50] | You could have offered me a ride home. | 你可以让我搭车一起回来的 |
[16:53] | You’re lucky I didn’t run you over. | 我没开车把你碾过去你已经很幸运了 |
[16:56] | I really don’t understand what you’re so unhappy about. | 我真不知道你在不开心些什么 |
[16:58] | You begged me to come. I came. | 你求我去 我去了 |
[17:00] | There’s just no pleasing you. | 结果你还是不高兴 |
[17:02] | You’re right. I’m the problem. | 没错 问题都在我这 |
[17:03] | I’m the one that needs help. | 我是那个需要帮助的人 |
[17:05] | Well, that’s not much of an apology, | 这不是很像道歉 |
[17:06] | But I’ll take it. | 但我接受了 |
[17:08] | Excuse me. | 等等 |
[17:10] | Is there anything you would like to apologize for? | 你有没有什么想向我道歉? |
[17:14] | Yes. | 有 |
[17:16] | I’m sorry I tried to blow up your head. | 我有想要爆了你的头 对不起 |
[17:20] | It was uncalled for. | 那样做没有必要 |
[17:22] | You won’t believe this. | 你们不会相信的 |
[17:23] | Somebody got the whole thing on a cell phone | 有人把整件事情经过用手机拍下来了 |
[17:25] | And put it on youtube. | 并上传到了Youtube |
[17:27] | What? | 什么? |
[17:29] | Now who would do that? | 谁会这么缺德? |
[17:31] | That would be me. | 是我 |
[17:34] | Hey, check it out. it’s a featured video. | 快来看看 很有意思的视频 |
[17:36] | You hit me | 你打我 |
[17:36] | You saw that he hit me | 你们都看到了 他打我 |
[17:37] | You’re trying to blow up my head. | 是你想爆了我的头 |
[17:38] | So it was working. | 所以还是起作用了 |
[17:40] | Stop it you’re a nut case. | 别弄了 你简直是个疯子 |
[17:41] | We’ll see about that. | 我们来看看 |
[17:43] | You people in the front row, heads up. this is a splash zone. | 你们前排的人 把头抬起来 这里是辐射区 |
[17:47] | Stop it | 别闹了 |
[17:48] | Quit it quit it | 停下来 停下来 |
[17:53] | Put you in a vulcan nerve pinch | 我要发功把你弄爆 |
[17:55] | Ow, you should cut your fingernails. those hurt | 你应该剪剪指甲 真疼死了 |
[17:59] | Oh, geez, does this suit really look that bad? | 天 这套西服真的这么难看? |
[18:04] | Forget your suit. | 别提你那西服了 |
[18:05] | Look at my arms waving. | 看我胳臂挥的 |
[18:06] | I’m like a flamingo on ritalin. | 像是利他林(一种兴奋剂)上的那只红鹤 |
[18:10] | Howard, | 霍华德 |
[18:11] | Would you like to explain to me | 你能不能向我解释下 |
[18:13] | Why your facebook page has a picture of me sleeping | 为什么你的facebook(国外交友网站)主页上有张我靠在你 |
[18:16] | On your shoulder captioned “me and my girlfriend”? | 肩膀睡觉的照片 并且标题是我和我的女友? |
[18:21] | here comes the talk. | 又得好好解释下了 |
[18:34] | somewhere in China | (中国某地) |
[18:39] | What losers. | 什么混蛋东西嘛 |
[18:41] | Yeah. Gigantic American geeks. | 对呀 很大的书呆子 |
[18:48] | Who’s doing that? | 谁在搞鬼? |
[18:50] | Someone from Pasadena, California named… | 一个来自加利福尼亚州的帕萨迪纳 |
[18:56] | “Wolowizard” | 叫”沃尔巫师”的人 |
[19:00] | Awesome. | 酷毙了 |