时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Damn you, walletnook.com! | 该死的walletnook.com! |
[00:14] | Problem? | 怎么了? |
[00:15] | The online description was completely misleading. | 网站的产品介绍完全是误导 |
[00:18] | “8 slots plus removable id”. | 上面说”八个卡缝加一个可移动的身份证” |
[00:21] | To any rational person, that would mean room for nine cards. | 对任何理性的人来说 那意味着可以放九张卡 |
[00:24] | But they don’t tell you the removable id takes up one slot. | 但他们没说可移动身份证也占一个卡缝 |
[00:27] | It’s a nightmare. | 真是噩梦 |
[00:29] | Do you really need the honorary justice league of american | 你真的需要那张 |
[00:33] | membership Card? | 美国荣誉审判联盟的会员卡吗 |
[00:35] | It’s been in every wallet I’ve owned since I was five. | 从我五岁起的每个钱包里都装着它 |
[00:39] | Why? | 为啥 |
[00:40] | It says, “keep this on your person at all times.” | 它上面说”请永远随身携带” |
[00:44] | It’s right here under batman’s signature. | 就在蝙蝠侠的签名下面 |
[00:48] | …and this is leonard and sheldon’s apartment. | …这就是里奥纳德和谢尔顿的房间 |
[00:52] | Guess whose parents just got broadband. | 你猜谁爸妈刚装上了宽带 |
[00:54] | Leonard, may I present, live from new delhi, | 里奥纳德 请允许我现场为你介绍 |
[00:57] | Dr. and mrs. v. m. koothrappali. | 来自新德里的库萨帕里医生以及他的夫人 |
[00:59] | Hi! tilt up the camera up! | -你们好 -把摄像头抬起来 |
[01:01] | I’m looking at his crotch. | 我正看着他的裤裆 |
[01:03] | Sorry, papa. | 对不起 爸爸 |
[01:04] | Oh, that’s much better. hi. | 这回好多了 你好 |
[01:07] | And over here is sheldon. | 在这里的是谢尔顿 |
[01:10] | He lives with leonard. | 他跟里奥纳德住在一起 |
[01:12] | That’s nice. like haroon and tanvir. | 真不错 就跟哈罗恩和塔维尔一样 |
[01:15] | Not like haroon and tanvir. | 不 跟哈罗恩和塔维尔不一样 |
[01:16] | Such sweet young men. | 多好的小伙子 |
[01:18] | They just adopted the cutest little punjabi baby. | 他们刚领养了一个很可爱的本杰比婴儿(印度西北部某地) |
[01:22] | No, we’re not like haroon and tanvir. | 不是 我们跟哈罗恩和塔维尔不一样 |
[01:25] | So, are you boys academics like our son? | 你们跟我儿子一样 是搞科研的? |
[01:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:28] | And your parents are comfortable with your limited earning potential? | 你们父母对你们那点可怜的工资也无所谓? |
[01:31] | -oh, yes. -not at all. | -是的 -根本不满意 |
[01:32] | Papa, please. don’t start. | 爸爸 求你了 别提这茬 |
[01:34] | It was just a question. he’s so sensitive. | 我只是随便问问 他太敏感了 |
[01:36] | That’s my life. that’s my friends. good to see you. say good-bye. | 这就是我的生活 他们就是我的朋友 见到你很高兴 道别吧 |
[01:39] | -bye. -wait! wait! | -再见 -等等! |
[01:43] | Before you go, we have good news. | 在你挂机之前 我们有好消息要告诉你 |
[01:45] | Put the computer down and gather your friends. | 把电脑放下 让朋友们聚到电脑前 |
[01:52] | -what is it, papa? -I don’t see your friends! | -爸爸 什么消息 -我看不到你的朋友们! |
[01:58] | Is it just me, or does web chatting | 你们有没有觉得穿着衣服视频 |
[01:59] | With your clothes on seem a little pointless? | 有点无聊 还是只有我这么觉得? |
[02:04] | Do you rember lalita gupta? | 你还记得拉丽塔·古塔吗 |
[02:06] | The little fat girl that used to kick me in the samosas and call me | 那个经常踢我小弟弟并且称呼我 |
[02:09] | Untouchable? | 为”碰不得”的胖女孩? |
[02:09] | Yes. well, now she’s a dental student at usc, | 对 她现在在南加州大学读牙科呢 |
[02:13] | So we gave her your contact information. | 所以我们把你的联系方式给了她 |
[02:15] | Why did you do that? | 你们为什么这么做? |
[02:17] | You’re 26 years old, rajesh. we want grandchildren. | 你已经26了 拉杰 我们想抱孙子 |
[02:20] | -but, papa, I’m not supposed… -lalita’s parents approved the match. | -但爸爸 我不该… -拉丽塔父母同意了这门亲事 |
[02:24] | If you decide on a spring wedding, we can avoid monsoon season. | 如果你们决定春天结婚 还可以避开强季风季节 |
[02:27] | A spring wedding?! | 春天结婚?! |
[02:28] | It’s up to you, dear. we don’t want to meddle. | 结不结由你 亲爱的 我们可不想干涉 |
[02:31] | If you don’t want to meddle, then why are you meddling? | 你们不想干涉为什么还干涉? |
[02:33] | If I may, your parents probably don’t consider this meddling. | 你父母很可能认为这不叫干涉 |
[02:35] | While arranged marriages are no longer the norm, | 虽然包办婚姻已经不再被人普遍接受 |
[02:37] | Indian parents continue to have | 但印度父母仍在子女婚姻问题中 |
[02:39] | A greater-than-average involvement in their children’s love lives. | 扮演着比以往更加重要的角色 |
[02:42] | Why are you telling me about my own culture? | 我们的文化反过来你教导我? |
[02:45] | You seemed confused. | 因为你看上去有点困惑 |
[02:48] | Sorry, but with all due respect, I really don’t want to… | 对不起 恕我直言 我真的不想… |
[02:51] | I’m sorry, darling. we have to go. | 对不起 亲爱的 我们得挂了 |
[02:53] | Doogie howser is on. | 《天才小医生》开播了 |
[02:55] | Grandma! it’s doogie time! | 祖母 《天才小医生》开播了 |
[02:58] | -bye-bye! -bye-bye! | -再见 -再见 |
[03:03] | I don’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[03:04] | Neither do i. | 我也是 |
[03:05] | Doogie howser’s been off the air for like 20 years. | 《天才小医生》有20年没在电视上露面了吧 |
[03:09] | Actually, I read somewhere | 事实上 我读过一篇报道 |
[03:11] | That it’s one of the most popular programs in india. | 说它是印度最受欢迎的节目之一 |
[03:13] | It might speak to a cultural aspiration | 让自己的子女从医 |
[03:15] | To have one’s children enter the medical profession. | 或许是种文化向往 |
[03:17] | I bet you’re right. | 说得没错 |
[03:18] | -I bet they loves Srubs. -What’s not to love? | -他们肯定很喜欢”Scrubs”(一部美国医务剧) -他们不喜欢什么 |
[03:21] | Excuse me! hello? | 打扰一下! 喂?! |
[03:23] | My parents are trying to marry me to a total stranger. | 我爸妈想让我娶一个我完全不认识的人 |
[03:25] | What am I going to do? | 我该怎么办? |
[03:27] | I suggest you go through with it. | 要我说你就应了吧 |
[03:28] | What?! | 什么?! |
[03:29] | Romantic love as the basis for marriage has only existed since the 19th | 基于浪漫爱情的婚姻只是十九世纪后 |
[03:33] | Century. | 才出现的 |
[03:34] | Up until then, arranged marriages were the norm, | 在那之前 包办婚姻是种普遍现象 |
[03:36] | And it served society quite well. | 而且社会相当和谐 |
[03:38] | It’s the entire premise of fiddler on the roof. | 简直就是《屋顶上的小提琴手》的前奏 |
[03:40] | I’m not a big fan of musicals, but I love that show. | 我对音乐不太感冒 但我喜欢那出音乐剧 |
[03:43] | Me too. of course, it speaks to me culturally. | 我也是 当然啦 它体现了一种文化内涵 |
[03:46] | Understandable, but there’s a universality to that story | 可以理解 但故事本身蕴含着一种 |
[03:49] | Which transcends ethnicity. | 超越种族的普遍意义 |
[03:50] | Let’s not forget it’s got some really catchy tunes. | 别忘了它的旋律也很琅琅上口啊 |
[03:54] | -i know what I’m going to do. -what? | -我知道我该怎么办了 -怎么办? |
[03:56] | Find new friends. | 找新朋友 |
[04:04] | So who wants to rent fiddler? | 谁想租《屋顶上的小提琴手》来看? |
[04:06] | No need, we have the special edition. | 没必要 我们有特别收藏版 |
[04:10] | Maybe we are like haroon and tanvir. | 或许我们真的跟哈罗恩和塔维尔一样了 |
[04:37] | This is dr. sheldon cooper. | 我是谢尔顿·库珀博士 |
[04:39] | Yeah, I need to cancel my membership to the planetarium. | 我要取消天文馆的会员身份 |
[04:45] | Well, I’m sorry, too, | 我也很遗憾 |
[04:46] | But there’s just no room for you in my wallet. | 但我钱包没地方放你们的会员卡了 |
[04:51] | I understand, | 我理解 |
[04:52] | But it was between you and the museum of natural history, | 但我要在你们和自然历史博物馆之间抉择 |
[04:55] | And frankly, you don’t have dinosaurs. | 说实话吧 因为你们那里没有恐龙 |
[04:59] | I’ll miss you, too. bye-bye. | 我也会想你的 再见 |
[05:02] | Okay, I know you’re texting about me and I’d really like you to stop. | 我知道你们在发短信宣扬我的糗事 歇歇吧 |
[05:08] | Oh, dear, I am rightly and truly screwed. | 天呐 我这回可真栽了 |
[05:12] | Hey, I thought you were finding new friends. | 我还以为你去找新朋友了呢 |
[05:14] | I’ve got some feelers out. | 我是有伸出触角尝试过 |
[05:16] | In the meantime, listen to this. | 与此同时 听听这个 |
[05:18] | Hi, rajesh. this is lalita gupta. | 你好 拉杰 我是拉丽塔·古塔 |
[05:21] | Your mother gave my mother your phone number to give to me. | 你妈把你电话号码通过我妈给了我 |
[05:24] | So, I’m calling you | 所以 我就打给了你 |
[05:26] | And… call me back. bye. | … 回我 再见 |
[05:31] | Can you believe how pushy she is? | 你们能相信吗 她居然逼得那么紧 |
[05:35] | So don’t call her. | 那就不要回她 |
[05:37] | If I don’t call her, I won’t hear the end of it from my parents. | 如果我不回 我爸妈肯定唠叨个没完 |
[05:39] | -so call her. -how? | -那就回她 -我怎么给她回? |
[05:41] | You know I can’t talk to women. | 你知道我没法跟女人说话的 |
[05:43] | I’m done. anybody else? | 我没辙了 你们呢 |
[05:45] | -give me the phone. -why? | -电话给我 -干什么 |
[05:47] | Just give it to me. | 只管给我 |
[05:49] | -what are you doing? -don’t worry. you’ll thank me. | -你干吗 -别担心 你会感谢我的 |
[05:52] | Hello, lalita? raj koothrappali here. | 你好 拉丽塔? 我是拉杰·库萨帕里 |
[05:58] | Yes, it is good to talk to you, too. | 是啊 听到你的声音我也很高兴 |
[06:03] | So what are you wearing? | 你穿着什么衣服呢 |
[06:08] | Oh, not important. | 没什么 |
[06:09] | So, anyhow, when would you like to meet? | 那我们什么时候见面呢 |
[06:13] | Friday works for me! | 周五我没问题! |
[06:16] | I’ll call you with a time and place. | 时间地点我回头告诉你 |
[06:19] | But in the meantime, keep it real, babe. | 还有 宝贝 我是认真的 |
[06:28] | You may now thank me. | 你现在可以感谢我了 |
[06:31] | For what? making me sound like a simpsons character? | 谢什么 把我的声音学得像《辛普森一家》里的卡通人物? |
[06:35] | Next time make your own date. | 好吧 下次你自己约她去 |
[06:37] | -i didn’t want this one! -look on the bright side, | -这次我都不想约! -看开点 |
[06:39] | She might turn out to be a nice, beautiful girl. | 她或许是个美丽动人的姑娘呢 |
[06:41] | Great, then we’ll get married, I won’t be able to talk to her | 很好 我们结婚 我一句话都不跟她说 |
[06:44] | And we’ll spend the rest of our lives in total silence. | 然后我们就这么彼此沉默着度过下半辈子 |
[06:47] | It worked for my parents. | 我爸妈就这样 |
[06:51] | Hi, guys. | 伙计们 |
[06:52] | I need some guinea pigs. | 我需要些”豚鼠”当实验品 |
[06:54] | There’s a lab animal supply company in reseda you could try. | 瑞塞达(在洛杉矶)有家实验用动物供给公司 |
[06:58] | But if your research is going to have human applications, | 但如果你的实验要以人类作为对象 |
[07:00] | May I suggest white mice instead? | 我建议你用小白鼠代替 |
[07:02] | Their brain chemistry is far closer to ours. | 因为它们大脑的化学成分跟人类的差不多 |
[07:06] | I swear to god, one day, | 我发誓 早晚有一天 |
[07:08] | I’m going to get the hang of talking to you. | 我会跟上你的一字一句 |
[07:11] | His mom’s been saying that for years. | 这句话她妈说了好几年了 |
[07:16] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[07:17] | I finally convinced the restaurant to give me a bartending shift, | 我终于说服餐厅调我去做调酒师了 |
[07:20] | So I need to practice mixing drinks. | 所以我需要练习调酒 |
[07:21] | Great. the key to acquiring proficiency | 太好了 任何工作要想驾轻就熟的 |
[07:24] | In any task is repetition. | 关键都在于反复练习 |
[07:26] | With certain obvious exceptions. | 也有明显例外的 |
[07:29] | Suicide, for example. | 比如 自杀 |
[07:33] | So, leonard, how about it? | 里奥纳德 怎么样? |
[07:36] | We’d love to help you, but raj is going through some stuff right now, | 我们很想帮你 但拉杰遇到了点麻烦事 |
[07:40] | Besides, he doesn’t drink, so… | 而且 他不喝酒 所以… |
[07:44] | Really? | 真的? |
[07:48] | Raj is going through some stuff right now | 拉杰遇到了点麻烦事 |
[07:50] | And he’d like to take up drinking. | 他现在想学着喝酒了 |
[07:55] | Here you go, leonard. one tequila sunrise. | 给你 里奥纳德 “龙舌兰日出” |
[07:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:59] | This drink is a wonderful example | 这杯酒很好地证明了 |
[08:01] | Of how liquids with different specific gravities | 在各自不同的重力下 |
[08:04] | Interact in a cylindrical container. | 液体是如何在圆筒容器里互相作用的 |
[08:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:10] | Okay, raj, what’ll it be? | 好了 拉杰 你要点什么 |
[08:14] | Whatever you recommend. | 随便你推荐 |
[08:16] | How about a grasshopper? I make a mean grasshopper. | 蚱蜢酒怎么样? 蚱蜢酒我相当在行 |
[08:19] | Okay? good. coming up. | 好吗 好的 马上就好 |
[08:20] | Sheldon, what are you going to have? | 谢尔顿 你要喝什么 |
[08:22] | I’ll have a diet coke. | 一杯无糖可乐 |
[08:25] | Can you please order a cocktail? I need to practice mixing drinks. | 你能点鸡尾酒吗 我要练习调酒 |
[08:29] | Fine. I’ll have a virgin cuba libre. | 好吧 我要一杯”纯洁的自由古巴”(可乐+朗姆 可选加莱姆) |
[08:34] | That’s, rum and coke without the rum. | 就是 朗姆兑可乐但不要朗姆 |
[08:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:39] | So… coke. | 就是…可乐 |
[08:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:43] | And would you make it diet? | 你能调成无糖的吗 |
[08:50] | There’s a can in the fridge. | 冰箱里有一罐 |
[08:52] | A cuba libre traditionally comes in a tall glass with a lime wedge. | “自由古巴”通常是用高脚杯盛 并且杯口放有一片酸橙 |
[08:56] | Then swim to cuba. | 那就游去古巴 |
[09:00] | Bartenders are supposed to have people skills. | 酒吧招待应该热情待人才对 |
[09:06] | Raj, here you go. | 拉杰 你的来了 |
[09:08] | All right. who’s next? | 好了 下一个是谁? |
[09:09] | I’d like to try a slippery nipple. | 我想要一杯”滑滑的奶嘴” |
[09:16] | Okay, you’re cut off. | 好了 跳过 |
[09:20] | Anybody need a refill? | 谁要续杯吗 |
[09:22] | Where did my life go, penny? | 我的生活何去何从啊 潘妮? |
[09:26] | One day I’m a carefree bachelor, and the next I’m married | 我本来是个无忧无虑的单身汉 现在却要结婚 |
[09:29] | And driving a minivan to peewee cricket matches | 然后开着小货车去新德里郊区 |
[09:31] | In suburban new delhi. | 带小孩打板球 |
[09:35] | Are you talking to me? | 你在跟我说话吗? |
[09:37] | Is the another penny here? | 这屋里还有第二个潘妮吗 |
[09:40] | I had such plans. I had dreams. | 我有我的人生规划 我有我的梦想 |
[09:43] | I was going to be the indira gandhi of particle astrophysics. | 我要成为粒子天体物理学界的英吉拉·甘地 |
[09:47] | But with a penis, of course. | 当然 是男甘地 |
[09:51] | -amazing. -ever since I was a little boy, | -太不可思议了 -在我很小的时候 |
[09:53] | My father wanted me to be a gynecologist like him. | 我父亲就想让我成为跟他一样的妇科医生 |
[09:57] | How can I be a gynecologist? I can barely look a woman in the eye! | 我怎么可能成为妇科医生? 我连女人眼睛都不敢看啊! |
[10:04] | You know what? | 我告诉你 |
[10:05] | I’m not going to let my parents control my future any longer. | 我再也不会让我父母操控我的人生了 |
[10:08] | It’s time for a showdown. | 是摊牌的时候了 |
[10:09] | Somebody give me a computer with a webcam! | 谁给我拿个带摄像头的电脑来! |
[10:13] | Sweetie, I think that’s the grasshopper talking. | 亲爱的 我觉得是蚱蜢酒在起作用 |
[10:16] | And it’s about to tell my parents | 我要告诉我父母 |
[10:18] | That I’m not riding an elephant down the aisle with lalita gupta. | 我是决不会跟拉丽塔·古塔结婚的 |
[10:21] | Okay, calm down. | 好了 冷静点 |
[10:23] | No one can make you get married. | 没人能逼你结婚 |
[10:26] | Why don’t you just meet this girl and see what happens? | 你为什么不去见见这个女孩再视情况而定呢 |
[10:28] | Haven’t you been listening to me? I cannot talk to women. | 你没听我说话吗 我不能跟女人说话 |
[10:32] | No, no, let’s see how long it takes him. | 别 别 看看能持续多久 |
[10:35] | Raj, honey, | 拉杰 亲爱的 |
[10:37] | You say you can’t talk to women, but you’ve been talking to me. | 你说你不能跟女人说话 可你一直在跟我说话啊 |
[10:41] | And now we’ll never know. | 现在再也没法知道了 |
[10:44] | You’re right. | 对啊 |
[10:46] | I am talking to you. | 我一直在跟你说话啊 |
[10:49] | Hello, penny, how are you? | 潘妮 你好吗 |
[10:52] | -i’m fine. -okay, now I just need | -我很好 -好了 现在我只需要 |
[10:54] | To make sure I have a lalita before I meet the grasshopper. | 确保在去见蚱蜢酒之前喝杯拉丽塔 |
[11:00] | It’s a sweet, green miracle. | 这美好 绿色的奇迹 |
[11:04] | If you’re going to drink on this date, | 如果你要在约她的时候喝酒 |
[11:05] | Just promise me you won’t overdo it. | 答应我别过头啊 |
[11:07] | Overdo what? | 什么过头? |
[11:09] | Happiness? | 幸福过头? |
[11:11] | Freedom? | 自由过头? |
[11:13] | This warm glow inside of me | 还是能确保我万事顺利的 |
[11:15] | That promises everything’s going to be all hunky-dunky? | 我内心的喜悦与满足? |
[11:19] | Yeah, that. why don’t you bring her to my restaurant | 对 你约她到我的餐厅见吧 这样 |
[11:21] | While I’m tending the bar so I can keep an eye on you. | 我在吧台招待客人的时候还能盯着你 |
[11:26] | What’s the plan here? | 你在搞什么 |
[11:28] | Let’s say he meets her, he likes her, they get married. | 如果他俩见了面 他喜欢上了她 然后结了婚 |
[11:30] | What’s he going to do, stay drunk for the rest of his life? | 那他要怎么办 醉着过下半辈子? |
[11:33] | Worked for my parents. | 我爸妈就这样 |
[11:46] | I can’t believe I’m sitting here next to little lalita gupta. | 真不敢相信我正坐在小拉丽塔·古塔身边 |
[11:51] | Well, you are. | 你的确坐在我身边啦 |
[11:53] | Little lalita. | 小拉丽塔 |
[11:55] | That’s kind of fun to say. | 说起来挺好玩的 |
[11:56] | Little lalita, little lalita, little lalita. | 小拉丽塔 小拉丽塔 小拉丽塔 |
[12:00] | -you should try it. -oh, it’s okay. | -你也试试 -不用了 |
[12:05] | You have lost so much weight. | 你瘦了好多哎 |
[12:08] | That must have been difficult for you because you were so, so fat. | 肯定吃了不少苦吧 因为你以前好胖好胖 |
[12:13] | Do you remember? | 你还记得吗 |
[12:15] | Yes, I do. | 记得 |
[12:16] | Of course you do. who could forget being that fat? | 你当然记得了 曾经那么胖谁能忘记啊 |
[12:21] | I’ve been trying. | 我一直在努力忘记 |
[12:24] | So you’re a dental student. | 你现在在读牙科了 |
[12:27] | Are you aware that dentists have an extremely high suicide rate? | 你知道牙医的自杀率相当高吗 |
[12:32] | Not as high as, say, air traffic controllers, | 不过没有空中交通管制员高 |
[12:34] | But there are far more dentists than air traffic controllers, | 但是牙医要比空中交通管制员多很多 |
[12:37] | So in pure numbers, you’re still winning. | 所以从净值来看 你们仍然略胜一筹 |
[12:39] | Yay, me. | 是啊 |
[12:42] | Do you have a drink that will make him less obnoxious? | 你有没有酒能让他轻点闹腾的? |
[12:45] | Drinks do not work that way. | 没有酒有那种功能 |
[12:48] | I’d say he’s doing fine. look at her. | 要我说他蛮不错啊 你看她 |
[12:50] | The last girl my mom set me up with had a mustache and a vestigial tail. | 我妈上次给我找的女孩是个留着胡子的秃顶 |
[12:56] | -sorry I’m late. -what happened? | -对不起 我迟到了 -你怎么了? |
[12:58] | Nothing. I just really didn’t want to come. | 没什么 只是很不想来罢了 |
[13:02] | Virgin diet cuba libre, please. | 请给我一杯”纯洁的无糖自由古巴” |
[13:06] | In a tall glass with a lime wedge. | 装在插有酸橙片的高脚杯里 |
[13:10] | Oh, I’ll wedge it right in there. | 我马上就给你”插”一杯 |
[13:14] | So how’s koothrappali… | 库萨帕里怎么样… |
[13:16] | Oh, my lord. | 我的主啊 |
[13:18] | -what? -that’s princess panchali. | -怎么了 -她是潘查理公主啊 |
[13:21] | I’m pretty sure her name’s lalita. | 我很肯定她叫拉丽塔 |
[13:22] | No, no, princess panchali, fromthe monkey and the princess. | 不 不 是潘查理公主 《公主与猴》里的 |
[13:27] | Oh, yeah. I tried to watch that online, but they wanted my credit card. | 我曾想在网上看 但他们是要信用卡的 |
[13:33] | It’s a children’s story. | 是个少儿故事 |
[13:34] | Oh, no, it isn’t. | 不 才不是呢 |
[13:39] | When I was a little boy and got sick, which was most of the time, | 我小时候有一次生病 我小时候经常生病 |
[13:42] | My mother would read it to me. | 我妈就读这个故事给我听 |
[13:44] | It’s about an indian princess who befriends a monkey | 讲述一只因与众不同而遭同类取笑的猴子 |
[13:47] | Who was mocked by all the other monkeys because he was different. | 后来与王子公主成为好朋友的故事 |
[13:50] | For some reason, I related to it quite strongly. | 出于某种原因 它引起了我强烈的共鸣 |
[13:54] | I know the reason. | 我知道什么原因 |
[13:56] | We all know the reason. | 我们都知道是什么原因 |
[14:00] | Sheldon, what are you getting at? | 谢尔顿 你到底想说什么 |
[14:01] | That woman looks exactly like the pictures | 那个女的跟书中 |
[14:04] | Of princess panchali in the book. | 潘查理公主的照片一模一样 |
[14:06] | How often does one see a beloved fictional character come to life? | 你多久才能看一次喜欢的卡通人物出现在眼前? |
[14:10] | Every year at comic-con. | 每年的动漫展上 |
[14:13] | Every day at disneyland. | 每天在迪斯尼乐园 |
[14:14] | You can hire snow white to come to your house. | 你都可以把白雪公主雇到家里 |
[14:17] | Of course, they prefer it if you have a kid. | 当然 你得有个孩子人家才能答应 |
[14:20] | Hey, guys. this is lalita gupta. | 朋友们 这位就是拉丽塔·古塔 |
[14:22] | Lalita, this is leonard | 拉丽塔 这位是里奥纳德 |
[14:24] | And sheldon and howard and penny. | 谢尔顿 霍华德还有潘妮 |
[14:26] | Isn’t it great? she isn’t fat anymore. | 她一点也不胖了 这不神奇吗 |
[14:29] | “forgive me, your highness, for I am but a monkey, | “原谅我 陛下 因为我只是只猴子” |
[14:32] | “and it is in my nature to climb. | “我天性喜欢爬树” |
[14:34] | “i did not mean to gaze upon you | 我本无意盯着 |
[14:35] | As you comb your hair.” | 您梳理头发 |
[14:39] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[14:40] | You are the living embodiment of the beautiful princess panchali. | 你就是活生生的美貌公主潘查理啊 |
[14:44] | Oh, no kidding. | 别开玩笑了 |
[14:46] | Who is that? | 她是谁? |
[14:47] | A beloved character from an indian folktale. | 印度民间传说中的可爱人物 |
[14:52] | Us indian or “come to our casino” indian? | 我们的印度还是”来我们的赌场吧”那个印度? |
[14:56] | You indian. | 你们的印度 |
[14:58] | The resemblance is remarkable. | 相似程度太高了 |
[15:01] | I can practically smell the lotus blossoms | 我几乎能闻到从你乌黑亮丽的头发中 |
[15:03] | Woven into your ebony hair. | 散发出来的印度睡莲花香 |
[15:04] | Well, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:06] | I imagine you smell very nice, too. | 我猜你的味道也很香 |
[15:09] | I shower twice a day and wash my hands as often as I can. | 我每天洗两次澡并且能洗手就洗手 |
[15:13] | Really? so do i. | 真的吗 我也是哎 |
[15:15] | But you’re a dentist. he’s nuts. | 但你是牙医 他是个疯子 |
[15:19] | Don’t be insulting, rajesh. | 不要骂人 拉杰 |
[15:21] | So, sheldon, | 谢尔顿 |
[15:23] | Tell me more about this princess you say I look like. | 跟我说说这个跟我长得很像的公主吧 |
[15:26] | It was said that the gods fashioned her eyes out of the stars | 据传 她的眼睛是上帝用星星做的 |
[15:30] | And that roses were ashamed to bloom in the presence of her ruby lips. | 玫瑰花都羞于从她亮红色的嘴唇中吐出花瓣 |
[15:35] | -oh, my. -back off, sheldon. | -天呐 -别碍事 谢尔顿 |
[15:37] | What? | 什么 |
[15:38] | If you do not stop hitting on my lady, | 如果你再调戏我的女人 |
[15:40] | You’ll feel the full extent of my wrath. | 我就要爆发我满腔怒火了 |
[15:43] | I’m not hitting on her. | 我没调戏她啊 |
[15:45] | And I am not your lady. | 我也不是你的女人 |
[15:46] | And you have no wrath. | 并且你也没什么怒火 |
[15:50] | You are my lady. our parents said so. | 你就是我的女人 我们父母都答应了 |
[15:52] | We are, for all intents and purposes, 100% hooked up. | 我们俩实际上已经是百分百的一对了 |
[15:55] | Let’s get something straight here. | 让我们把话说清楚吧 |
[15:57] | The only reason I came tonight was to get my parents off my case. | 我来这就是为了让我父母别再插手我的事 |
[16:00] | I certainly don’t need to be getting this old world crap from you. | 我才不要跟你结成老土的包办婚姻夫妻呢 |
[16:03] | That’s exactly the kind of spirit | 这是典型潘查理公主的精神啊 |
[16:05] | With which princess panchali led the monkeys to freedom. | 她就是用这种精神把猴子带向自由的 |
[16:07] | -screw princess panchali. -you can’t talk to me like that. | -去你的潘查理公主 -你不能这么说我 |
[16:10] | But you’re not princess panchali. | 可你不是什么潘查理公主啊 |
[16:12] | Luckily for you– she could have you beheaded. | 算你走运了… 否则她都能把你的头砍下来 |
[16:15] | Sheldon, are you hungry? | 谢尔顿 你饿了吗 |
[16:16] | -i could eat. -let’s go. | -我想吃点东西 -我们走 |
[16:22] | What just happened? | 怎么回事? |
[16:24] | Beats the hell out of me. | 我不是在做梦吧 |
[16:26] | I’ll tell you what happened. I just learned how to pick up indian chicks. | 我告诉你怎么回事 我学会怎么泡印度妞了 |
[16:32] | What are we supposed to say to lalita’s parents? | 我们怎么跟拉丽塔的父母交待? |
[16:35] | I play golf with her father. I won’t be able to look at him. | 我还陪她爸打高尔夫球 我没法面对他了 |
[16:37] | Maybe you should keep your eye on the ball, papa. | 或许你该专注于高尔夫球 爸爸 |
[16:40] | Oh, now you’re a funny man. | 你现在学幽默了啊 |
[16:42] | This is not funny, mr. funny man. | 这一点都不幽默 幽默先生 |
[16:45] | Dr. and mrs. koothrappali, | 库萨帕里医生和夫人 |
[16:46] | In all fairness, it wasn’t entirely raj’s fault. | 公平的讲 这不能全怪拉杰 |
[16:49] | This is a family matter, sheldon. | 这是我们的家事 谢尔顿 |
[16:51] | I’m leonard. | 我是里奥纳德 |
[16:53] | Sorry. you all look alike to us. | 对不起 在我们看来你们都长得差不多 |
[16:56] | But he’s right, papa. listen to him. | 但他说的是对的 爸爸 听他说 |
[16:59] | You! you are the one who ruined everything. | 你! 就是你把所有事情搞砸的 |
[17:02] | Who is it? we can’t see. | 谁? 我们看不见 |
[17:04] | Turn us. turn us! | 把我们转过去 把我们转过去! |
[17:08] | Go ahead, tell my parents why they won’t have any grandchildren. | 说啊 告诉我父母他们为什么抱不了孙子 |
[17:12] | How would I know? do you have a low sperm count? | 我怎么知道? 你精子量不足? |
[17:16] | This has nothing to do with my sperm count. | 这跟我的精子量有什么关系 |
[17:18] | You are wearing the boxers that we sent you, aren’t you? | 你穿的是我们送你的拳击短裤吗 |
[17:21] | -yes, mumi. -because you know what happens | -是的 妈妈 -你知道的 如果你穿 |
[17:23] | To the samosas when you wear tighty-whities. | 紧腿小白裤你的小弟弟会不好的 |
[17:27] | Can we please stop talking about my testicles? | 我们能不谈我的睾丸了吗? |
[17:30] | Sheldon, tell them what you did. | 谢尔顿 告诉他们你都干了些什么 |
[17:32] | What did I do? | 我干什么了? |
[17:33] | You left with his date. | 你抢走了她的女伴 |
[17:35] | Friends don’t do that to each other. | 朋友间是不能这么做的 |
[17:39] | All right, noted. | 好的 知道了 |
[17:42] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:44] | Sorry? that’s all you can say is sorry? | 对不起? 一句对不起就完了? |
[17:46] | Take it. it’s more than I’ve ever gotten. | 收下吧 比对我说的多多了 |
[17:48] | May I point out, | 恕我直言 |
[17:49] | She wouldn’t have asked me to go with her if you hadn’t been drunk and | 如果你不是喝醉酒并且令人讨厌的话 她是不会 |
[17:52] | Boring. | 邀我陪她出去的 |
[17:52] | -drunk? -and boring–her words. | -喝醉酒? -而且令人讨厌 她的原话 |
[17:56] | I knew it. he moves to america and he becomes an alcoholic. | 我就知道 他去了美国就变成了个酒鬼 |
[17:59] | I’m not an alcoholic. | 我没变成酒鬼 |
[18:00] | Then why were you drunk? | 那你为什么喝醉酒? |
[18:02] | -it was just this one time, I swear. -are you in denial? | -就这一次 我发誓 -你还顶嘴? |
[18:05] | Do we have to come over and do an intervention? | 要不要我俩亲自去教育教育你? |
[18:08] | Don’t embarrass him in front of his friends. | 别在他朋友面前让他丢脸了 |
[18:10] | All right. carry us outside. | 好吧 把电脑拿出去 |
[18:12] | We want to talk to you in private. | 我们要私下跟你好好谈谈 |
[18:15] | -but, papa, please… -now, rajesh! | -爸爸 求你了… -赶快 拉杰! |
[18:21] | I have to go. | 我要走了 |
[18:25] | Now, listen to me… | 现在 你给我听好了… |
[18:26] | At least wait till I get into the hall. | 至少等我到走廊了再说吧 |
[18:32] | Okay, well, good night. | 好了 晚安 |
[18:33] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[18:36] | What happened with you and lalita? | 你和拉丽塔后来怎么样了? |
[18:38] | We ate, she lectured me | 一起吃了饭 她向我讲述了 |
[18:40] | On the link between gum disease and heart attacks– | 牙科疾病和心脏病之间的联系… |
[18:42] | Nothing I didn’t already know– and I came home. | 没有东西不是我已经知道的… 然后我就回来了 |
[18:45] | So you’re not going to see her again? | 那你以后不会再去见她了? |
[18:48] | Why would I see her again? | 我为什么要再去见她? |
[18:50] | I already have a dentist. | 我已经有一个牙医了 |
[18:57] | I wonder who’s going to tell his parents they’re not having grandchildren? | 谁去告诉他爸妈他们抱不了孙子了呢? |
[19:22] | I don’t believe it. what’s gotten into him? | 真不敢相信 他脑子出什么毛病了? |
[19:24] | Oh, maybe a couple virgin cuba libres | 或许那两杯”纯洁的自由古巴” |
[19:27] | That turned out to be kind of slutty. | 变得有些放荡了 |
[19:31] | You didn’t. | 不是吧 |
[19:32] | Hey, you did the experiments, I don’t mind. | 要不你来试试 我不介意 |