时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | So if a photon is directed through a plane | 如果一个光子打向有两个狭缝的平面 |
[00:05] | with two slits in it and either slit is observed, | 如果有一个狭缝可以观测到 |
[00:06] | it will not go through both slits. | 那它没有同时通过两个狭缝 |
[00:07] | If it’s unobserved,it will. | 如果观测不到 那它会通过 |
[00:09] | However,if it’s observed after it’s left the plane | 但如果它是在离开平面后 |
[00:11] | But before it hits its target, | 在击中目标物之前被观测到 |
[00:12] | it won’t have gone through both slits. | 那它不会同时通过两个狭缝 |
[00:14] | Agreed. what’s your point? | 没错 你想说什么 |
[00:16] | There’s no point,I just think it’s a good idea for a t-shirt. | 没什么 我只是觉得这个主意放在T恤上不错 |
[00:25] | -excuse me. -hang on. | -您好 -稍等 |
[00:31] | One across is “aegean.” | 横1是”爱琴海” |
[00:33] | Eight down is “nabokov.” | 竖8是”纳巴科夫”(1899-1977 俄裔美国小说家) |
[00:34] | 26 across is “mcm.” | 横26″MCM” |
[00:37] | 14 down is… move your finger… | 竖14是…你手挡住了… |
[00:40] | “phylum” which makes 14 across “port-au-prince” | 是”门”(生物分类) 所以说横十四是”太子港”(海地首都) |
[00:44] | See,”papa doc’s capitol idea,” that’s “port-au-prince.” | 你看 “Papa Doc”(海地总统绰号)提示了 所以是”太子港” |
[00:49] | Haiti. | 在海地 |
[00:51] | -can I help you? -yes. | -需要帮忙吗 -是的 |
[00:56] | Is this the high-iq sperm bank? | 这里是高智商精子库吗 |
[01:01] | If you have to ask,maybe you shouldn’t be here. | 如果这还要问的话 那你可能不该来这 |
[01:05] | I think this is the place. | 我看就是这儿了 |
[01:07] | -fill these out. -thank you. | -把表格填了 -谢谢 |
[01:09] | -we’ll be right back. -take your time. | -马上就好 -不急 |
[01:11] | I’ll just finish my crossword puzzle. | 我正好把填字游戏做完 |
[01:15] | Oh,wait. | 等等 |
[01:27] | Leonard,I don’t think I can do this. | 里奥纳德 我觉得我做不到 |
[01:29] | What,are you kidding? you’re a semi-pro. | 开什么玩笑 你都是”半职业选手”了 |
[01:33] | No. we are committing genetic fraud. | 不是的 我们这是在犯基因欺诈罪 |
[01:35] | There’s no guarantee that our sperm | 我们的精子并不能保证 |
[01:37] | is going to generate high-iq offspring. | 将来就能生出高智商的后代 |
[01:39] | Think about that. I have a sister with the same basic dna mix | 你想想 我姐姐和我的DNA结构相同 |
[01:42] | Who hostesses at fuddruckers. | 可她只是快餐店的女服务生 |
[01:45] | Sheldon,this was your idea. | 谢尔顿 当初是你要来的 |
[01:47] | A little extra money to get | 这点补贴能让我们 |
[01:48] | fractional t-1 bandwidth in the apartment. | 在寓所里拥有分式T-1带宽 |
[01:50] | I know,and I do yearn for faster downloads. | 我知道 我的确渴望更快的下载速度 |
[01:54] | But there’s some poor woman | 但那些可怜的女人们 |
[01:55] | who’s gonna pin her hopes on my sperm. | 会把希望寄托在我精子上的 |
[01:57] | What if she winds up with a toddler who doesn’t know if he should use | 如果她最后发现那小不点连曲线下面积 |
[02:00] | An integral or a differential to solve the area under a curve? | 该用积分还是微分算都不知道 她会怎么想 |
[02:04] | -I’m sure she’ll still love him. -I wouldn’t. | -我肯定她还是会爱他的 -我不会 |
[02:09] | Well,what do you want to do? | 你现在想怎么样 |
[02:11] | I want to leave. | 我想走了 |
[02:14] | What’s the protocol for leaving? | 该怎么跟她说呢 |
[02:15] | I don’t know… I’ve never reneged on a proffer of sperm before. | 我不知道…我以前从来没在捐献精子时中途走人过 |
[02:20] | Let’s try just walking out. | 我们就直接走吧 |
[02:34] | -bye. -bye. nice meeting you. | -再见 -再见 很高兴见到你 |
[02:39] | Are you still mad about the sperm bank? | 你还在为那个精子库的事生气吗 |
[02:41] | No. | 没有 |
[02:43] | You want to hear an interesting thing about stairs? | 你想不想听有关楼梯的有趣事情 |
[02:46] | Not really. | 不太想 |
[02:48] | If the height of a single step is off by as little as two millimeters, | 如果有一格阶梯的高度存在哪怕两毫米的微小差距 |
[02:51] | -most people will trip. -i don’t care. | -大多数人会被绊倒 -跟我无关 |
[02:55] | Two milli… that doesn’t seem right. | 两毫…那不太可能吧 |
[02:57] | No,it’s true,I did a series of experiments when I was 12 | 不 是真的 我12岁时做过一系列试验 |
[03:00] | My father broke his clavicle. | 我爸爸还摔断了锁骨 |
[03:03] | Is that why they sent you to boarding school? | 你就是因为这个被他们送去寄宿学校的? |
[03:05] | No. that was a result of my work with lasers. | 不是 是因为我那些关于激光的试验 |
[03:13] | New neighbor? | 这是新邻居? |
[03:15] | Evidently. | 很明显 |
[03:16] | Significant improvement over the old neighbor. | 比起上一个的水准真是有显著提高 |
[03:20] | 200-pound transvestite with a skin condition? | 那个体重200磅有皮肤问题的异装癖者? |
[03:22] | Yes,she is. | 那是 没错 |
[03:26] | -oh,hi. -hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[03:32] | We don’t mean to interrupt. we live across the hall. | 我们不想打搅你 我们就住你对面 |
[03:35] | Oh,that’s nice. | 你们真好啊 |
[03:38] | We don’t live together. I mean… | 我们不是住在一起 我是说… |
[03:40] | We live together, | 我们是住在一起 |
[03:41] | But in separate,heterosexual bedrooms. | 不过是在分开的 异性恋的卧室里 |
[03:46] | Okay,well… | 好的 |
[03:47] | Guess I’m your new neighbor. penny. | 看来你们就是我的新邻居了 我叫潘妮 |
[03:49] | -leonard. sheldon. -hi. | -我是里奥纳德 他是谢尔顿 -你好 |
[03:55] | Well… | 那么… |
[03:57] | Welcome to the building. | 欢迎成为我们的邻居 |
[03:59] | Thank you. maybe we can have coffee sometime. | 谢谢你 我们可以什么时候喝喝咖啡 |
[04:01] | Great. | 很好啊 |
[04:06] | -well… bye. -bye. | -那…再见 -再见 |
[04:13] | Should we have invited her for lunch? | 我们要不要请她来吃午饭? |
[04:20] | Not with commentary. | 但评论音轨还没看 |
[04:24] | I think we should be good neighbors | 我觉得我们应该做个好邻居 |
[04:26] | And invite her over,make her feel welcome. | 请她作客 让她觉得亲切 |
[04:28] | We never invited louie-slash-louise over. | 我们从没请过那个叫路易还是叫路易斯的过来 |
[04:32] | And that was wrong of us. | 那是我们的不对 |
[04:34] | We need to widen our circle. | 我们得扩大下我们的朋友圈子 |
[04:36] | I have a very wide circle. | 我的朋友圈子已经很大了 |
[04:39] | I have 212 friends on myspace. | 我的空间上有212个好友 |
[04:43] | Yes,and you’ve never met one of them. | 不错 可他们你一个也没见过 |
[04:46] | That’s the beauty of it. | 这正是其美妙之处 |
[04:50] | I’m gonna invite her over. | 我要请她过来 |
[04:52] | We’ll have a nice meal and… chat. | 我们可以好好吃一顿 然后…聊天 |
[04:54] | Chat? we don’t chat. at least not offline. | 聊天? 我们平时不聊天 至少下了网不聊 |
[05:00] | It’s not difficult. | 这没什么难的 |
[05:01] | You just listen to what she says | 你只要听着她讲些什么 |
[05:03] | And then you say something appropriate in response. | 然后你适当地回应她一些 |
[05:07] | To what end? | 那最后要干什么? |
[05:10] | Hi… again. | 你好…又来了 |
[05:12] | Hi. | 你好 |
[05:15] | Anyway… | 那个… |
[05:16] | We brought home Indian food. | 我们带了印度菜回来 |
[05:19] | And… | 然后… |
[05:20] | I know that moving can be stressful, | 我知道搬家可能会很累 |
[05:23] | And I find that when I’m undergoing stress, | 并且我发现当我身心俱疲时 |
[05:25] | That good food and company can have a comforting effect. | 美食和伙伴能让我感觉很舒坦 |
[05:29] | Also,curry is a natural laxative,and I don’t have to tell you | 还有 咖喱本身有通便功效 我想我不必再说 |
[05:33] | That,you know,a clean colon is just… | 你知道 如果大肠通畅… |
[05:36] | One less thing to worry about. | 那又可以少一件操心事了 |
[05:39] | I’m no expert,but I believe in the context of a luncheon invitation, | 这方面我不在行 不过我相信如果是邀请别人吃午餐 |
[05:42] | You might want to skip the reference to bowel movements. | 你最好不要说些肠运动的事 |
[05:45] | You’re inviting me over to eat? | 你们是在邀请我过去吃饭? |
[05:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:49] | Oh,that’s so nice. I’d love to. | 你们真好 我很乐意 |
[05:52] | Great. | 太好了 |
[05:53] | So,what do you guys do for fun around here? | 你们平时都玩些什么 |
[05:56] | Today we tried masturbating for money. | 今天我们尝试过靠自慰来挣钱 |
[06:25] | Okay,make yourself at home. | 好了 就当在自己家一样 |
[06:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:29] | You’re very welcome. | 不用谢 |
[06:34] | This looks like some serious stuff. | 这些东西看上去真深奥啊 |
[06:36] | -Leonard,did you do this? -actually,that’s my work. | -里奥纳德 这是你写的? -不 这是我的 |
[06:41] | Yeah. well,it’s just some quantum mechanics | 不错 只是一些量子力学而已 |
[06:44] | With a little string theory doodling around the edges. | 边上还随便写了一点点弦理论 |
[06:46] | That part there,that’s just a joke. | 那部分 是我开的玩笑 |
[06:48] | It’s a spoof of the born-oppenheimer approximation. | 讽刺下波恩-奥本海默近似 |
[06:52] | So you’re like one of those beautiful mind genius guys. | 这么说 你就像是”美丽心灵”里那种天才一样 |
[06:57] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[06:59] | -this is really impressive. -i have a board. | -真让人赞叹 -我也有块板 |
[07:02] | If you like boards,this is my board. | 如果你喜欢板 这块是我的 |
[07:05] | Holy smokes. | 上帝啊 |
[07:06] | If by “holy smokes”,you mean | 如果你说”上帝啊”是想 |
[07:08] | A derivative restatement of the kind of stuff | 再一次强调说你能在任何一个麻省理工的 |
[07:10] | You can find scribbled on the wall of any men’s room at mit,sure. | 男生寝室墙上发现那些涂鸦 那一点没错 |
[07:14] | -what? -come on. | -什么? -得了吧 |
[07:15] | Who hasn’t seen this differential below “here I sit,broken-hearted”? | 谁没看到那微分上面写着”我打住了 心碎了 算不下去了” |
[07:19] | At least I didn’t have to invent 26 dimensions | 至少我不会为了解决个数学问题 |
[07:22] | Just to make the math come out. | 去发明个什么26维出来 |
[07:23] | I didn’t invent them. they’re there. | 我没有创造发明 他们本来就有 |
[07:25] | -in what universe? -in all of them… that is the point. | -哪个宇宙有? -所有的都有…这就是我说的关键 |
[07:29] | Do you guys mind if I start? | 你们介意我先开吃吗 |
[07:31] | Penny… | 潘妮… |
[07:33] | That’s where l sit. | 这是我的座位 |
[07:36] | So,sit next to me. | 那 你坐我旁边 |
[07:39] | No… I sit there. | 不…我坐那里的 |
[07:42] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 |
[07:43] | -what’s the difference? -here we go. | -什么区别? -开始了 |
[07:46] | In the winter,that seat is close enough to the radiator | 在冬天 这个位子离暖气比较近所以比较暖和 |
[07:49] | To remain warm,and yet not so close as to cause perspiration | 但也不至于太近以至于引起出汗 |
[07:52] | In the summer,it’s directly in the path of a cross-breeze | 在夏天 通过窗子吹进来的风直接在这里交叉 |
[07:54] | Created by opening windows there and there. | 就是这边和那边的窗户 |
[07:56] | It faces the television at an angle | 看电视正好有个角度 |
[07:58] | That is neither direct,thus discouraging conversation, | 不会太正 从而影响跟别人说话 |
[08:00] | Nor so far wide as to create a parallax distortion. | 也不会太斜 从而造成脖子酸疼 |
[08:03] | I could go on,but I think I’ve made my point. | 我还能继续 不过我觉得你已经明白我的意思了 |
[08:09] | Do you want me to move? | 你想让我移开吗 |
[08:11] | -well… -just sit somewhere else. | 你就随便坐一下吧 |
[08:15] | Fine. | 好的 |
[08:34] | Sheldon,sit! | 谢尔顿 坐下! |
[08:41] | Well,this is nice. | 这样很好啊 |
[08:42] | We don’t have a lot of company over. | 不太有人来我们这里作客的 |
[08:44] | That’s not true. Koothrappali and Wolowitz come over all the time. | 不是吧 库萨帕里和沃尔维茨就经常过来 |
[08:47] | -yes I know,but… -Tuesday night, | -是 我知道 但… -星期二晚上 |
[08:49] | We played klingon boggle till 1:00 a.m. | 我们还玩”克林贡拼字游戏”玩到凌晨一点(克林贡是外星人) |
[08:50] | Yeah,I remember. | 是 我记得 |
[08:52] | -don’t say we don’t have company. -sorry. | -不要说我们没有伙伴 -对不起 |
[08:53] | -that has negative social implications. -i said I’m sorry! | -这是社交上很消极的暗示 -我说对不起了 |
[08:59] | Klingon boggle? | “克林贡拼字游戏”? |
[09:00] | Yeah. it’s like regular boggle,but… | 是的 就是普通的拼字游戏 只不过… |
[09:03] | In klingon. | 是用克林贡语言 |
[09:07] | That’s probably enough about us. so,tell us about you. | 关于我们已经说得够多了 说说你吧 |
[09:11] | Me? okay. | 我? 好吧 |
[09:13] | I’m a sagittarius, | 我是射手座的 |
[09:14] | Which probably tells you way more than you need to know. | 就这一点你们很可能就了解得比我想说的多得多了 |
[09:17] | Yes. it tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion | 没错 我们可以了解到你有群众性文化妄想 |
[09:20] | That the sun’s apparent position | 就是指你出生时 |
[09:22] | Relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth | 相对于任意确定星座的太阳的视位置 |
[09:25] | Somehow affects your personality. | 可能会决定你的性格 |
[09:29] | Participate in the what? | 有什么来着? |
[09:31] | I think what sheldon’s trying to say | 我认为谢尔顿是想说 |
[09:33] | Is that sagittarius wouldn’t have been our first guess. | 我们可能不会第一个猜你是”射手座”的 |
[09:36] | Yeah,a lot of people think I’m a water sign. | 是 很多人会以为我是水相星座的 |
[09:39] | Okay,let’s see,what else. | 还有什么 让我想想 |
[09:41] | I’m a vegetarian. except for fish. | 我是素食者 但我吃鱼 |
[09:43] | And the occasional steak. I love steak! | 偶尔吃牛排 牛排真赞! |
[09:48] | Well,that’s interesting. | 真有趣 |
[09:50] | Leonard can’t process corn. | 里奥纳德吃玉米会不消化 |
[09:56] | Well… do you have some sort of a job? | 你有什么工作吗 |
[09:59] | Yeah. I’m a waitress at the cheesecake factory. | 有 我是家乳酪蛋糕店的服务生 |
[10:02] | I love cheesecake. | 我很喜欢乳酪蛋糕 |
[10:03] | You’re lactose-intolerant. | 你不是不能吃乳糖嘛 |
[10:04] | I don’t eat it… I just think it’s a good idea. | 我是不吃…我只是觉得那东西不错 |
[10:08] | Anyways,I’m also writing a screenplay. | 还有 我正在写一个剧本 |
[10:10] | It’s about this sensitive girl who comes to l.a. from lincoln,nebraska, | 讲一个多愁善感的女生从内布拉斯加州的林肯来到了洛杉矶 |
[10:13] | To be an actress and winds up a waitress at the cheesecake factory. | 她本想当名演员 最终却在乳酪蛋糕店当了服务生 |
[10:19] | So,it’s based on your life. | 看来这是根据你的经历写的 |
[10:21] | No,I’m from omaha. | 不 我是来自奥马哈 |
[10:26] | If that was movie,I would go see it. | 如果真拍成了电影 我会去看的 |
[10:28] | I know,right? | 我就说 是不错吧? |
[10:30] | Okay,let’s see,what else… | 让我想想 还有什么… |
[10:33] | Guess that’s about it. | 大概就这些了 |
[10:35] | That’s the story of penny. | 这就是潘妮的故事了 |
[10:38] | It sounds wonderful. | 真不错 |
[10:41] | It was. | 是不错 |
[10:42] | Until I fell in love with a jerk! | 直到我爱上了那混蛋! |
[10:48] | What’s happening? | 怎么回事? |
[10:52] | God,you know,4 years I lived with him. | 上帝 你知道吗 我和他同居了4年 |
[10:55] | 4 years… that’s like as long as high school. | 整整4年…都跟高中生涯一样长了 |
[10:58] | It took you 4 years to get through high school? | 你花了4年才读完高中? |
[11:03] | It just… I can’t believe I trusted him. | 真…不敢相信我竟然那么信任他 |
[11:10] | Should I say something? I feel like I should say something. | 我该说些什么吗? 我感觉我该说些什么 |
[11:13] | You? no,you’ll only make it worse. | 你? 算了 你只会越帮越忙 |
[11:15] | You want to know the most pathetic part? | 你们想知道最悲哀的是什么吗 |
[11:17] | Even though I hate his lying,cheating guts… | 即使我已经恨透了他的谎言 他的不忠 |
[11:21] | I still love him. | 我还是爱他 |
[11:24] | Is that crazy? | 我是不是疯了? |
[11:25] | Yes. | 是疯了 |
[11:28] | No,it’s not crazy. it’s a… | 不 不是的 这只是… |
[11:32] | It’s a paradox. | 只是一种悖论 |
[11:33] | Paradoxes are part of nature. think about light. | 自然界中到处都存在着悖论 比如说光 |
[11:37] | If you look at huygens,light is a wave, | 按照惠更斯的理论 光是一种波 |
[11:39] | As confirmed by the double-slit experiments, | 双缝实验证明了这一观点 |
[11:41] | But then along comes albert einstein | 不过后来有了爱因斯坦 |
[11:44] | And discovers that light behaves like particles,too. | 他发现光原来也具有粒子性 |
[11:50] | Well,I didn’t make it worse. | 我至少没越帮倒忙 |
[11:54] | I’m so sorry. I’m such a mess. | 我真的很抱歉 我真是一团糟 |
[11:56] | On top of everything else,I’m all gross from moving | 最糟的是 我搬家都搬得恶心死了 |
[11:58] | And my stupid shower doesn’t even work. | 没想到该死的淋浴器还不能用了 |
[12:00] | Our shower works. | 我们的可以用啊 |
[12:03] | Really? would it be totally weird if I used it? | 真的? 如果我在这里洗你们会不会介意? |
[12:05] | -yes. -no. | -会 -不会 |
[12:07] | -no. -no. | -不会 -不会 |
[12:09] | It’s right down the hall. | 就在那边 |
[12:11] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[12:12] | You guys are really sweet. | 你们真是太好了 |
[12:20] | Well,this is an interesting development. | 这番进步有意思啊 |
[12:26] | How so? | 怎么? |
[12:27] | It has been some time since we’ve had a woman | 上次有个女人在我们这里轻解罗裳 |
[12:29] | Take her clothes off in our apartment. | 距离现在已经很久了 |
[12:32] | That’s not true. remember at thanksgiving, | 不见得啊 记得感恩节 |
[12:34] | My grandmother with alzheimer’s had that episode? | 我那老年痴呆的祖母上演的那段? |
[12:38] | Point taken. it has been some time | 明白了 距离上次有女人 |
[12:40] | Since we’ve had a woman take her clothes off, | 在我们这里轻解罗裳 并且看了之后 |
[12:42] | After which we didn’t want to rip our eyes out. | 我们不想把眼睛给挖出来的 已经很久了 |
[12:46] | The worst part was watching her carve that turkey. | 其实最糟的是看她切那火鸡 |
[12:50] | So what exactly are you trying to accomplish here? | 你现在究竟是要干些什么呢 |
[12:54] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[12:55] | That woman is not going to have sex with you. | 那女人不会跟你上床的 |
[12:57] | I’m not trying to have sex with her. | 我没有想要跟她上床 |
[13:00] | Good. then you won’t be disappointed. | 那就好 这样你就不会失望了 |
[13:03] | What makes you think she wouldn’t have sex with me? | 你凭什么认为她不会和我上床了 |
[13:05] | I’m a male and she’s a female. | 我是男的 她是女的 |
[13:08] | Yes,but not of the same species. | 没错 但不是同一物种 |
[13:11] | I’m not going to engage in hypotheticals here. | 我才不跟你讨论什么假设 |
[13:13] | I’m just trying to be a good neighbor. | 我只想当个好邻居 |
[13:15] | Of course. | 是啊 |
[13:17] | That’s not to say that if a carnal relationship were to develop, | 那也不是说如果有机会可以发展肉体关系 |
[13:20] | That I wouldn’t participate. | 我会袖手旁观 |
[13:24] | However briefly. | 大致是这样 |
[13:27] | Do you think this possibility will be helped or hindered | 当她发现你的卢克·天行者(星球大战人物)不再落泪洗发水 |
[13:29] | When she discovers your luke skywalker no-more-tears shampoo? | 你说这种可能性是会变大了呢还是变小了 |
[13:34] | It’s darth vader shampoo. | 那是达斯·维德(另一星战人物)牌洗发水 |
[13:37] | Luke skywalker’s the conditioner. | 卢克·天行者是护发素 |
[13:42] | -wait till you see this. -it’s fantastic,unbelievable. | -先看这个 -太强了 难以置信 |
[13:45] | See what? | 看什么? |
[13:47] | It’s a Stephen Hawking lecture from MIT in 1974. | 1974年 史蒂芬霍金在麻省理工的演讲 |
[13:51] | This isn’t a good time. | 现在不是时候 |
[13:52] | It’s before he became a creepy computer voice. | 那时他还不是这样毛骨悚然的电脑音 |
[13:59] | -that’s great. you guys have to go. -why? | -不错 可你们现在必须得走 -为什么 |
[14:01] | It’s just not a good time. | 现在不是时候 |
[14:02] | Leonard has a lady over. | 里奥纳德有女士来访 |
[14:04] | Yeah,right… your grandmother back in town? | 是的 我明白了…你祖母又回城来了? |
[14:10] | No. And she’s not a lady. she’s just a new neighbor. | 不是 她不是什么女士 她是新来的邻居 |
[14:13] | Hang on,there really is a lady here? | 等等 这里真的有位女士? |
[14:17] | And you want us out because you’re anticipating coitus? | 你赶我们走是为了想要和她交媾? |
[14:20] | I’m not anticipating coitus. | 我没有想要和她交媾 |
[14:22] | So she’s available for coitus? | 那就是说别人现在可以和她交媾? |
[14:23] | Can we please just stop saying “coitus”? | 我们可不可以不要说”交媾”这个词了 |
[14:26] | Technically,that would be”coitus interruptus. “ | 更精确的说法应该是”体外射精” |
[14:29] | Hey,is there a trick to getting it to switch from tub to shower…? | 是不是应该有个旋关把水从浴缸那里弄到淋浴器上 |
[14:33] | Hi. sorry. hello. | 不好意思 大家好 |
[14:37] | Enchante mademoiselle. | 很高兴认识您 女士 |
[14:41] | Howard wolowitz,caltech department of applied physics. | 我是霍华德·沃尔维茨 加州工学院应用物理系学生 |
[14:44] | You may be familiar with some of my work. | 我的一些研究成果你可能已经很熟悉了 |
[14:46] | It’s currently orbiting jupiter’s largest moon | 它正在围绕着木星的最大卫星轨道运行 |
[14:49] | Taking high-resolution digital photographs. | 拍摄高分辨率的数码照片 |
[14:53] | Penny. I work at the cheesecake factory. | 我是潘妮 我在乳酪蛋糕店工作 |
[14:55] | I’ll show you the trick with the shower. | 我带你去弄那旋关吧 |
[14:58] | “Bonne douche” Bonne douche. | |
[15:00] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么? |
[15:01] | It’s french for “good shower. “ | 是法语里”洗个痛快澡”的意思 |
[15:03] | It’s a sentiment I can express in six languages. | 是一句祝词 我能用六种语言来说 |
[15:07] | Save it for your blog,Howard. | 还是留着博客上说吧 霍华德 |
[15:16] | All right,there it goes. it sticks. I’m sorry. | 好了 没问题了 是卡住了 不好意思 |
[15:19] | -okay,thanks. -you’re welcome. | -好的 谢谢 -不用谢 |
[15:21] | You’re just gonna to step right… okay,I’ll… | 你只要站在… 好吧 我… |
[15:24] | -hey,leonard? -the hair products are sheldon’s. | -等等 里奥纳德 -洗头的那些东西都是谢尔顿的 |
[15:28] | Can I ask you a favor? | 我能让你帮个忙吗 |
[15:30] | A favor? | 帮个忙? |
[15:32] | Sure,you can ask me a favor. I would do you a favor for you. | 当然 你可以让我帮你忙 我可以帮你个忙 |
[15:36] | It’s okay if you say no. | 你如果不愿意也没关系 |
[15:37] | I’ll probably say yes. | 我应该会愿意的 |
[15:40] | It’s just not the kind of thing you ask a guy you just met. | 一般你刚认识某个人 不会请求一件这样的事 |
[15:52] | I really think we should examine the chain of causality here. | 我真的觉得我们该好好想想这里面的因果关系了 |
[15:55] | -must we? -event a… | -有必要吗 -事件一 |
[15:56] | A beautiful woman stands naked in our shower. | 我们那淋浴器下站着个裸体美女 |
[15:59] | Event b… we drive halfway across town to retrieve a television set | 事件二 我们开车穿过半个城市到上述那位女性的 |
[16:02] | From the aforementioned woman’s ex-boyfriend. | 前男友住处取回一台电视机 |
[16:04] | Query… on what plane of existence | 提问 在哪个层面上 |
[16:07] | Is there even a semi-rational link between these events? | 这两个事件哪怕是有半点合理的联系 |
[16:11] | She asked me to do her a favor,sheldon. | 她请求我帮她个忙 谢尔顿 |
[16:14] | Yes,well,that may be the proximal cause of our journey, | 是啊 这可能是我们这趟旅途最近似的原因了 |
[16:16] | But we both know it only exists in contradistinction | 但其只存在于更高层次原因的对比之下 |
[16:19] | To the higher level distal cause. | 这点我们都清楚 |
[16:21] | -which is? -you think with your penis. | -是什么 -你在用下半身在思考 |
[16:24] | That’s a biological impossibility. and you didn’t have to come. | 从生理上说这是不可能的 还有 你可以不用跟来啊 |
[16:28] | Right,I could have stayed behind and watch wolowitz try to hit on penny | 不错 我可以留在那儿看着沃尔维茨用俄语 阿拉伯语 波斯语 |
[16:31] | In russian,arabic and farsi. | 来勾引潘妮 |
[16:34] | Why can’t she get her own tv? | 为什么她自己不去取回电视机 |
[16:35] | Come on,you know how it is with breakups. | 得了 你知道分手是怎么回事 |
[16:37] | No,I don’t… and neither do you. | 我不知道… 你也不知道 |
[16:41] | I broke up with joyce kim. | 我以前跟乔伊斯·金分手过 |
[16:42] | You did not break up with joyce kim. she defected to north korea. | 你没有和乔伊斯·金分手 是她投奔回朝鲜了 |
[16:46] | To mend her broken heart. | 去缝补她破碎的心啊 |
[16:51] | This situation is much less complicated. | 现在这情况远没那么复杂 |
[16:54] | There’s some kind of dispute between penny and her ex-boyfriend | 就谁该得到这台电视的拥有权 |
[16:57] | As to who gets custody of the tv. | 潘妮和她前男友有过争吵 |
[16:58] | She just wanted to avoid having a scene with him. | 她只是不想和他再大吵大闹 |
[17:01] | -so we get to have a scene with him? -no,there’s not going to be a scene. | -所以我们去和他大吵大闹 -不 我们不用和他去吵的 |
[17:05] | There’s two of us and one of him. | 我们两个人 他才一个 |
[17:07] | Leonard,the two of us can’t even carry a tv. | 里奥纳德 我们两个甚至搬不动一台电视 |
[17:12] | So,you guys work with leonard and sheldon at the university? | 这么说 你们和里奥纳德还有谢尔顿一起在大学里共事? |
[17:20] | I’m sorry,do you speak english? | 抱歉 你会说英语吗 |
[17:23] | He speaks english. he just can’t speak to women. | 他会说英语 他只是不会同女人说话 |
[17:27] | Really? why? | 真的? 为什么? |
[17:28] | He’s kind of a nerd. | 他是个怪才吧 |
[17:33] | Juice box? | 喝果汁? |
[17:39] | I’ll do the talking. | 我来说话 |
[17:41] | -yeah? -hi,I’m leonard,this is sheldon. | -谁? -你好 我是里奥纳德 这是谢尔顿 |
[17:44] | -hello. -what did I just– | -你好 -我刚说… |
[17:48] | -we’re here to pick up penny’s tv. -get lost. | -我们是来拿潘妮的电视机的 -你们走吧 |
[17:50] | Okay,thanks for you time. | 好的 抱歉打扰了 |
[17:52] | We’re not going to give up just like that. | 我们不能就这样放弃了 |
[17:54] | Leonard,the tv’s in the building. | 里奥纳德 电视机在楼上 |
[17:56] | We’ve been denied access to the building,ergo,we are done. | 我们已经被阻止进入大楼了 因此 我们没戏了 |
[17:59] | Excuse me. if I were to give up on the first little hitch, | 我很抱歉 如果我当初遇到点小麻烦就放弃的话 |
[18:02] | I never would have identified the fingerprints of string theory | 我永远也不会在宇宙大爆炸之后 |
[18:05] | In the aftermath of the big bang. | 成功验证弦理论了 |
[18:08] | My apologies. what’s your plan? | 我道歉 你准备怎么做? |
[18:24] | It’s just a privilege to watch your mind at work. | 能目睹你大脑工作实在很荣幸 |
[18:28] | Come on,we have a combined iq of 360. | 不会吧 我们的智商加起来有360呢 |
[18:31] | We should be able to figure out how to get into a stupid building. | 我们应该有办法想出如何进那该死的楼 |
[18:38] | What do you think their combined iq is? | 你认为她们的智商加起来有多少? |
[18:39] | Just grab the door! | 快把门抵住 |
[18:43] | This is it. | 就这里了 |
[18:46] | I’ll do the talking. | 我来说话 |
[18:47] | Good thinking. I’ll just be the muscle. | 想得不错 我来当打手 |
[18:57] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[18:58] | I’m leonard,this is sheldon. | 我是里奥纳德 这是谢尔顿 |
[19:00] | From the intercom. | 刚对讲机里的 |
[19:03] | How the hell did you get in the building? | 你们到底是怎么进来的? |
[19:06] | We’re scientists. | 我们是科学家 |
[19:10] | Tell him about our iq. | 告诉他我们的智商 |
[19:24] | -leonard… -what? | -里奥纳德 -怎么? |
[19:26] | -my mom bought me those pants. -i’m sorry. | -那裤子是我妈买给我的 -对不起 |
[19:30] | You’re going to have to call her. | 你得打电话跟她说一下 |
[19:35] | Sheldon,I am so sorry I dragged you through this. | 谢尔顿 你拖你下水了 真的很抱歉 |
[19:38] | It’s okay. it wasn’t my first pantsing and it won’t be my last. | 没关系 这不是我的第一条裤子 也不会是最后一条 |
[19:42] | And you were right about my motives. | 关于我的动机你说得没错 |
[19:44] | I was hoping to establish a relationship with penny | 我是指望和潘妮能建立关系 |
[19:47] | That might have someday led to sex. | 或许有一天可以和她上床 |
[19:51] | Well,you got me out of my pants. | 你让我脱裤子了 |
[19:55] | Anyway,I’ve learned my lesson. | 好了 反正我买到教训了 |
[19:56] | She’s out of my league,I’m done with her. | 她和我不是一类人 我跟她玩完了 |
[19:58] | Got my work,one day I’ll win the nobel prize | 我有工作要干 有一天我会赢得诺贝尔奖 |
[20:01] | And then I’ll die alone. | 然后孤单地死去 |
[20:03] | Don’t think like that. you’re not going to die alone. | 不要这么想 你不会孤单地死去的 |
[20:06] | Thank you,sheldon. you’re a good friend. | 谢谢 谢尔顿 你真是好朋友 |
[20:10] | And you’re certainly not going to win a nobel prize. | 你肯定不会拿诺贝尔奖的 |
[20:14] | This is one of my favorite places to kick back after a quest. | 这是我搜寻猎物后最喜欢的交付地之一 |
[20:17] | They have a great house ale. | 这里的麦酒太棒了 |
[20:19] | Cool tiger. | 好酷的老虎 |
[20:21] | Yeah,I’ve had him since level ten. | 是的 我从第十级开始就有了 |
[20:24] | His name is buttons. | 他叫菊花(美俚语里指女人的G点) |
[20:26] | Anyway,if you had your own game character | 如果你有自己的游戏人物 |
[20:29] | We could hang out,maybe go on a quest. | 也许我们可以一起 出去搜寻猎物 |
[20:32] | That sounds interesting. | 听上去很有意思 |
[20:34] | You’ll think about it? | 你会考虑一下? |
[20:35] | I don’t think I’ll be able to stop thinking about it. | 我没办法不去想它 |
[20:40] | Smooth. | 很成功啊 |
[20:43] | We’re home. | 我们回来了 |
[20:45] | My god,what happened? | 上帝啊 发生什么事了 |
[20:47] | Well,your ex-boyfriend sends his regards | 你前男友要我们代他问好 |
[20:49] | And I think the rest is fairly self-explanatory. | 其他我想已经可以一目了然了 |
[20:52] | I’m so sorry. I really thought if you guys went instead of me | 真对不起 我真的以为如果你们替我过去 |
[20:56] | He wouldn’t be such an ass. | 他不会这么混蛋的 |
[20:57] | No,it was a valid hypothesis. | 不 你这样假设是有道理的 |
[20:59] | That was a valid…? what is happening to you? | 有道理的? 你怎么回事? |
[21:03] | Really,thank you so much for going and trying,you’re just… | 真的 你们这么努力 这么帮忙 真是太谢谢了 |
[21:07] | You’re so terrific. really. | 你们真的太好了 真的 |
[21:11] | Why don’t you put some clothes on, | 你们去把衣服穿好 |
[21:13] | I’ll get my purse,and dinner is on me,okay? | 我去拿我的包 晚饭我请 好吗? |
[21:15] | -really? great. -thank you. | -真的? 好啊 -谢谢 |
[21:23] | You’re not done with her,are you? | 你跟她还没玩完 是吗? |
[21:26] | Are babies will be smart and beautiful. | 我们的孩子会既聪明又美丽 |
[21:31] | Not to mention imaginary. | 想象力更是不言而喻 |
[21:40] | -Is thai food okay with you,penny? -sure. | -潘妮 你觉得泰国菜如何 -可以啊 |
[21:42] | We can’t have thai food, | 我们不能去吃泰国菜 |
[21:43] | -we had indian for lunch. -so? | -中午我们吃了印度菜 -又怎样呢 |
[21:45] | -they’re both curry-based cuisines. -so? | -他们都是用咖喱烹饪的 -又怎样呢 |
[21:47] | It would be gastronomically redundant. | 从烹饪学角度来说 这是过剩的 |
[21:49] | I can see we’re going to have to spell out everything for this girl. | 我估计以后无论什么我们都需要跟这个女孩解释一下 |
[21:54] | Any ideas,raj? | 你觉得呢 拉杰? |
[21:57] | Turn left on lake street and head up to colorado. | 到林克街左转 直接去科罗拉多 |
[22:00] | I know a wonderful little sushi bar that has karaoke. | 我知道一个寿司吧 那里还有卡拉OK |
[22:02] | That sounds like fun. | 听上去挺有意思 |
[22:05] | baby don’t get hook up on me | 宝贝 别被我迷住了 |
[22:11] | baby don’t get hook up on me | 宝贝 别被我迷住了 |
[22:17] | I don’t know what your odds are in the world as a whole, | 我不知道在整个世界范围内你的成功概率有多少 |
[22:19] | But as far as the population of this car goes, you’re a veritable Mack Daddy. | 不过就这辆车子里的人来说 你还是很有希望的 |