时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I have decided to go to Princeton University. | 我决定去普林斯顿大学了 |
[00:06] | He wants you to ask him to stay. | 他想让你请他留下来 |
[00:08] | I’m not gonna hold him back from this. | 我不能阻碍他追梦 |
[00:09] | Put your own stuff up at a gallery. | 把你自己的作品放在画廊里展览啊 |
[00:10] | Don’t ruin mine. | 别把我的给毁了 |
[00:12] | I’m not in this for the money. | 我干这个不是为了钱 |
[00:13] | I’m trying to make people think. | 我是想让人们思考 |
[00:15] | You, on the other hand, | 而你呢 |
[00:16] | you’re just selling pretty pictures. | 你是在靠那些好看的照片赚钱 |
[00:18] | You’re right, it’s much better. | 你说得对 这样好多了 |
[00:19] | Got any other advice for me? | 有什么别的建议吗 |
[00:21] | Here at the Hillingsbrook Foundation, | 希灵斯布鲁克基金会认为 |
[00:23] | we think it’s very important to try and take care of our planet. | 努力保护我们的地球至关重要 |
[00:25] | But your spending more money on this event | 但你们花在这个活动上的钱 |
[00:27] | than most people make in a year. | 比大多数人一年的工资还多 |
[00:28] | I thought this was a chance | 我原以为这是个机会 |
[00:30] | to do something positive with my life. | 可以做点有意义的事 |
[00:31] | And you know who’s the worst offender? | 你知道最讨厌的是谁吗 |
[00:33] | That Hillingsbrook guy. | 那个叫希灵斯布鲁克的家伙 |
[00:34] | I mean, what kind of person doesn’t show up | 他什么人啊 |
[00:36] | to their own charity event? | 自家的慈善晚会都不来 |
[00:37] | I heard that guy is a real tool. | 听说那家伙是个二货 |
[00:40] | You know, maybe Sheila was right. | 或许希拉说得对 |
[00:41] | Maybe I’m just not movie star material. | 我可能不是拍电影的料 |
[00:43] | Help! | 救命 |
[00:46] | How do you feel about people calling you a hero? | 别人称你为英雄 你有什么想法 |
[00:49] | I just did what I had to do. | 我只是做了我该做的 |
[00:50] | I just talked to a couple of casting directors, | 我刚跟几位导演谈了 |
[00:52] | and they said you looked pretty great up there. | 他们也觉得你非常上镜呢 |
[00:53] | Nice job. | 干得漂亮 |
[00:54] | Hope the water wasn’t too cold. | 希望没冻着你 |
[00:56] | Mr. Hillingsbrook? | 你是希灵斯布鲁克先生吗 |
[00:58] | I am the person who you left hanging out to dry yesterday. | 昨天的慈善晚会你自己都不来 |
[01:00] | I’m not the person you’re looking for. | 我不是你要找的人 |
[01:03] | I think the last time we talked, | 我想上次我们聊天的时候 |
[01:05] | you told me what a tool I was? | 你说我是个二货来着 |
[01:08] | – Jen? – Hello, darling. | -珍 -你好 亲爱的 |
[01:10] | Jacques and I thought you could use a houseguest or two. | 你能容我和雅克暂住一阵吧 |
[01:19] | Just figured with Deb and Ryan on holiday in Spain, | 我觉得借戴比和瑞恩在西班牙度假的机会 |
[01:22] | it was the perfect time to visit. | 过来看你最好不过了 |
[01:23] | And it’s so wonderful to be back. | 而且还能故地重游 |
[01:26] | I mean, how adorable are all these tourists? | 你看看 这些游客多可爱啊 |
[01:29] | Adorable? | 可爱吗 |
[01:31] | Are you forgetting the time when you tried to make fanny packs | 你忘了那次你在贝弗利山庄想要做腰包 |
[01:33] | in Beverly Hills a “felony offense”? | 差点触犯重罪吗 |
[01:35] | Naomi, I’ve changed. | 娜欧米 我变了好不好 |
[01:38] | I’ve come to appreciate how thin they make me feel. | 我开始体会到他们让我觉得有多苗条 |
[01:41] | Everyone in Paris is much too willowy. | 巴黎人一个个的太瘦了 |
[01:44] | Especially the men. | 尤其是男人 |
[01:46] | Between that and the insufficient hygiene, | 不仅如此 他们卫生习惯也不好 |
[01:49] | dating prospects in Paris, they’re not so bon. | 在巴黎的约会前景黯淡得很啊 |
[01:53] | Maybe you can… | 也许你可以… |
[01:54] | find someone while you’re here. | 在这找一个 |
[01:55] | Ooh, you and I can think alike. | 你和我真想一块去了 |
[01:58] | While I’m here, I plan to meet and marry | 我来这就是打算找个 |
[02:01] | a handsome American billionaire. | 高富帅的美国小伙结婚 |
[02:03] | You don’t mind babysitting, do you? | 帮我照看下小孩 没问题吧 |
[02:05] | Just while I go on dates. | 就是我出去约会的时候 |
[02:07] | Um, typically I wouldn’t mind, | 通常是没问题 |
[02:08] | but I’ve been really busy as of late. | 可最近我真的非常忙 |
[02:10] | Doing what? | 忙什么 |
[02:12] | And don’t say coursework. | 别跟我说忙功课 |
[02:13] | You go to C.U. | 不就是个加州大学嘛 |
[02:15] | Actually, I started my own business. | 其实吧 我在经营自己的事业 |
[02:19] | Naomi Clarke Events. | 娜欧米·克拉克活动策划工作室 |
[02:20] | And not to brag or anything, but… | 不是我自夸 只是… |
[02:22] | I just pulled off a very challenging birthday party | 我刚为米切尔·纳什的女儿 |
[02:25] | for Mitchell Nash’s daughter. | 成功举办了一场生日派对 |
[02:26] | That’s wonderful, Naomi. | 棒极了 娜欧米 |
[02:29] | You know, partying has always been your one strong suit. | 你一向很擅长办派对 |
[02:33] | So, I think it’s great you’re trying to turn it into a job. | 能把它当成工作来做也很好 |
[02:35] | – Well, actually… – Hold my latte! | -实际上… -拿下咖啡 |
[02:37] | I want to see if they have those boots in my size. | 我看看这靴子有我的号没 |
[02:46] | So, tomorrow at 10:00, | 明早十点 |
[02:48] | you’re auditioning to play “Hot Partygoer #4.” | 试演”社交达人四号” |
[02:51] | And then at 2:00, you’ve got an audition for– | 下午两点 试演那个… |
[02:54] | oh, this one’s for an indie movie. | 对了 这还是个独立电影 |
[02:55] | Uh, the part is “shirtless roofer.” | 演个”赤膊屋顶维修工” |
[02:58] | What, they couldn’t even dignify the guy with a name? | 他们就不能给他起个名字吗 |
[03:02] | Come on, he does hard labor. | 好歹也是个苦力 |
[03:04] | Hey, babe. | 宝贝儿 |
[03:06] | So, guess who just called me. | 猜猜谁给我打电话了 |
[03:08] | Who? | 谁呀 |
[03:09] | Lee Brodsky’s assistant. | 李·布罗德斯基的助手 |
[03:11] | Lee Brodsky, as in the movie producer? | 李·布罗德斯基 那个电影制片人吗 |
[03:14] | Yeah. Apparently he’s heard our track, | 对 他一定是听过我们的曲子 |
[03:15] | and he wants to meet tomorrow | 才想要和我们明天见面 |
[03:17] | about some songs for the new action film. | 谈谈他新电影的几首插曲 |
[03:20] | – That is amazing. – Right? | -太棒了 -是吧 |
[03:22] | Uh, wait, I just told Liam | 等等 我刚答应利亚姆 |
[03:24] | that I would cover for him tomorrow. | 明天帮他看店 |
[03:26] | Is there any way we could maybe push it? | 有没有可能推迟 |
[03:28] | Pr-probably not. He’s super busy. | 可能不行 他超级忙 |
[03:30] | I mean, they’re recasting a role, or something like that. | 听说他们正在重选一个角色什么的 |
[03:33] | I kind of feel like it’s tomorrow or never. | 我感觉明天要不见就没机会了 |
[03:35] | Okay. Well, maybe you can do the meeting without me, then. | 那好 也许你一个人去也没问题 |
[03:37] | Babe, babe, no. No, no, I can’t do… | 宝贝 别这么说 我不能… |
[03:39] | Look, we’re a team, okay? | 我们是一个整体 对吗 |
[03:42] | – Yeah. – We got to do this together. | -对 -所以我们要共进退 |
[03:43] | He’s not gonna want to just meet one of us. | 他不是要见我们中的一个 |
[03:45] | – Okay. – Look, I know you were really nervous | -好 -我知道你对重返音乐事业 |
[03:47] | about getting back into the music thing, | 感到相当不安 |
[03:49] | but… you got to let me know, okay, | 但…你得让我知道 |
[03:52] | if you’re in this a hundred percent. | 你是不是全身心投入这份事业 |
[03:54] | No, of course I am in it. | 我当然是了 |
[03:56] | – I’m totally in it. – Okay. | -完全投入 -好吧 |
[03:58] | I’ll go talk to Liam. | 我这就去和利亚姆谈 |
[04:00] | I’m sure we can figure something out. | 一定有办法解决 |
[04:01] | Ah, that’s my girl. | 这才是我的女人 |
[04:03] | Come here. | 过来 |
[04:05] | I’m gonna start getting ready, okay? | 我这就去准备了 好吗 |
[04:06] | – Mm-hmm. – I love you. | -好 -我爱你 |
[04:08] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[04:15] | – So about my shift tomorrow… – Yeah, | -明天我值班的… -说起来 |
[04:16] | thanks for covering– you’re a lifesaver. | 多谢你帮我 你真是我的救星 |
[04:19] | Uh, okay, something kind of just came up. | 好吧 出了点事 |
[04:22] | Dixon and I have some pretty big stuff | 我和迪克森的音乐路 |
[04:24] | happening with our music, | 出现了大转机 |
[04:25] | and it’s really important, so… | 而且至关重要 所以… |
[04:27] | Well, that’s great, but I’ve got all these auditions, | 那不错啊 只是我已经接下试镜了 |
[04:29] | and I really need someone to be here. | 而店面也需要人照顾 |
[04:31] | That’s kind of why I hired you. | 所以才雇了你 |
[04:33] | Yeah, well, you hired me | 没错 你雇我 |
[04:34] | because you were being a good friend. | 是出于朋友义气 |
[04:35] | – Right? – Well, now I have to be the boss. Sorry. | -对吧 -我现在要拿出老板的样子 抱歉 |
[04:41] | Okay. Well… well, then I’m sorry, too. | 那好吧 我也很抱歉 |
[04:48] | Wait, you’re quitting? | 什么 你不干了 |
[04:50] | I just, I don’t see another way. | 我只是别无选择 |
[04:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[05:03] | Mr. Hillingsbrook? | 希灵斯布鲁克先生 |
[05:04] | Incoming! | 进来 |
[05:08] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[05:10] | Wine balloon archery. | 红酒气球射箭 |
[05:12] | I break the balloon, | 我射中这个气球 |
[05:14] | it fills the glass, and I drink it. | 红酒就流进杯里 供我饮用 |
[05:15] | Would you like to try it? | 你要不要试试看 |
[05:17] | It’s an excellent Chateau Latour. | 口感出色的拉图庄 |
[05:18] | No. No, I want to talk. | 不必了 我想跟你谈谈 |
[05:20] | I really need you to reconsider. | 希望你再考虑一下 |
[05:22] | You’re being the world’s biggest do-gooder? | 你要当世上最大的空想慈善家吗 |
[05:24] | Don’t you want to call me a phony jerk first? | 一开始不是还骂我是个虚伪的混蛋吗 |
[05:27] | I’m sorry that I called you names. | 骂你是我不对 我道歉 |
[05:29] | But I’m not really buying the “eccentric rich kid” act. | 但我真不能认同那种”古怪富二代”的行为 |
[05:32] | If you really hate those charity functions | 要是你真厌恶那些慈善活动 |
[05:34] | then why were you there pretending to be the bartender? | 为什么你还要在那充当酒保 |
[05:37] | I was just stopping by for some free champagne. | 我只是想蹭些免费香槟 顺道待了会 |
[05:39] | Oh. Because you’re so strapped for booze at home? | 是因为在家里豪饮搞得手头紧吗 |
[05:42] | I think you secretly really care about stuff, | 我想你是暗地里关心社会吧 |
[05:44] | and you want your life to be about more than just | 想让你的人生 除了签支票 |
[05:46] | writing checks and drinking rubbery tasting wine. | 与喝气球红酒之外 还有点别的意义 |
[05:49] | And I bet you know just the thing to give my life meaning. | 你肯定知道什么能让我的人生有意义 |
[05:51] | Yes. A nonprofit business. | 没错 非盈利事业 |
[05:53] | We are going to make | 我们准备制作 |
[05:55] | and market designer tote bags. | 并出售设计师手提包 |
[05:57] | All proceeds go to charity, | 所有的收入用于慈善事业 |
[05:58] | and the bags themselves help the environment… | 包包本身有助于环保 |
[06:01] | It sounds like work. | 听起来不错 |
[06:03] | Maybe you should try that sometime. | 也许你该找机会尝试一下 |
[06:06] | Really? | 你认真的吗 |
[06:07] | Is that how you made your money? | 你就是这么赚钱的吗 |
[06:10] | No. I inherited it a couple of months ago. | 不 钱是几个月前继承的 |
[06:14] | There you go. | 那不就得了 |
[06:14] | New money, new guilt. | 新继承 新负罪 |
[06:16] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[06:17] | I’m talking about your obvious | 你对突如其来的财富 |
[06:18] | discomfort with wealth. | 显然觉得不自在 |
[06:20] | It’s killing my buzz. | 你真扫兴 |
[06:22] | I’m just trying to make what I have mean something, | 我只是想用自己所得做点有意义的事 |
[06:25] | and honor the person that gave it to me. | 让赠予我财产的人也感到光荣 |
[06:26] | Which is exactly what I’m doing. | 这恰恰是我在做的 |
[06:29] | Generations of Hillingsbrooks have worked very hard | 希灵斯布鲁克家族世世代代辛苦工作 |
[06:31] | – for me to live this way. – But… | -才能让我拥有今天的财富 -可是… |
[06:33] | Good day, Wilson. | 祝一天顺利 威尔森 |
[06:34] | You could show yourself out, | 你要么自己离开 |
[06:35] | or I’ll release the hounds. | 不然我要放狗了 |
[06:37] | Look, if you change your mind | 你如果改变想法了 |
[06:39] | and decide to do something meaningful with your life, | 决定做一些有意义的事情 |
[06:42] | let me know. | 请通知我 |
[06:47] | Look! Good boy! | 好样的 小乖乖 |
[06:49] | Okay, Silver, | 小银 |
[06:50] | I’m supposed to meet that Diego kid later at his studio, | 我等会儿去工作室见那个圣迭戈小伙 |
[06:52] | and he wanted me to bring an interesting image. | 他让我带过去一张有意思的相片 |
[06:55] | What do you think about this one? | 你觉得这张怎么样 |
[06:57] | All I see is the caption: | 我只能看到备注 |
[06:59] | “Two-time NYU reject.” | “被纽约大学拒绝两次” |
[07:01] | Two minutes, and I find out if I got in. | 还有两分钟 我就能知道是否被录取了 |
[07:05] | Two minutes. | 就两分钟 |
[07:06] | Since Navid is off at Princeton, | 纳维已经到普林斯顿了 |
[07:08] | I just, I can’t keep sitting around here, | 我不能这么傻坐在这里 |
[07:10] | wondering when my life is going to start. | 想着我的生活什么时候才能真正开始 |
[07:13] | You hear that, Jacques? | 雅克 你听到没 |
[07:14] | Don’t wait. Seize the day. | 别等了 抓紧时间 |
[07:16] | You’re supposed to be playing with him, | 你们应该陪他玩耍 |
[07:18] | not trying to turn him | 而不是教唆他 |
[07:19] | into some sort of counterculture anarchist. | 成为无组织无纪律的反社会青年 |
[07:24] | Sorry. Okay, I got to go. | 对不起 我要走了 |
[07:27] | You promise to text me the minute you find out? | 知道录取结果之后立刻给我短信 |
[07:28] | Yeah. Okay. Good luck! | 好的 祝你好运 |
[07:31] | Hey, how was your shopping trip with Jen? | 和珍逛了一趟 感觉怎么样 |
[07:34] | Well, if I was shopping for passive-aggressive digs, | 如果我是去采购消极伤人的讽刺挖苦 |
[07:37] | it would have been a wild success. | 这一趟真是大丰收 |
[07:40] | All my life my whole family never thought | 我这辈子 我的家人从来不觉得 |
[07:42] | I could do anything important. | 我能干出一番大事业 |
[07:43] | I mean, every year for Christmas, | 每年的圣诞节 |
[07:45] | Jen would get books and brainy stuff, | 珍会带来一些书籍和高智商的东西 |
[07:47] | and I would get… hair products. | 我就只能带…护发产品 |
[07:50] | Family dynamics can be intense. | 家庭内部确实会互相较劲 |
[07:53] | Just try not to care too much what she thinks. | 尽量别太在乎她的想法 |
[07:56] | No, I don’t. | 我没有 |
[07:58] | I just want to rub her face in how successful I actually am. | 我只想用自己的成功给她有力的还击 |
[08:01] | Which is why, when she was out shoe shopping, | 这就是为什么她买鞋的时候 |
[08:03] | I cold-called Paddington Publishing House. | 我给帕丁顿出版社来了个意外致电 |
[08:06] | You know they throw that annual | 他们每年都举行 |
[08:07] | book announcement party every year. | 新书发布酒会 |
[08:09] | Didn’t they once have Stephen King | 他们是不是有一次安排了史蒂芬·金 |
[08:10] | jump out of a red velvet cake? | 从红色天鹅绒蛋糕里跳出来 |
[08:11] | That was a low point for them, yes. | 那个不够给力 不过确实有这事 |
[08:13] | But I spoke to their public relations VP, | 我和他们公关副总裁聊过 |
[08:16] | and she wants to meet me, here, later today. | 她想和我见面 就在今天晚些时候 |
[08:18] | And my house looks like a well-appointed Chuck E. Cheese. | 我的房子就像设备齐全的查克奶酪店一样 |
[08:21] | Yep. That’s my bad. I’ll help you clean those up in three… | 都是我的错 我三秒后开始收拾 |
[08:24] | two… | 二 |
[08:26] | one. | 一 |
[08:30] | I got in. | 我被录取了 |
[08:31] | – You got in? – I got in! | -你被录取了吗 -我被录取了 |
[08:33] | To NYU?! | 是纽约大学吗 |
[08:38] | Are we still gonna pick up the toys? | 我们还要收拾这些玩具吗 |
[08:45] | Okay, so I wasn’t able to get you a meeting with Lee Brodsky. | 我没法促成你和李·布罗德斯基的会面 |
[08:48] | I honestly have no idea how Adrianna | 我不懂阿德里安娜和迪克森 |
[08:51] | and Dixon managed that one. | 怎么约到那个人的 |
[08:52] | But… I was able to get you the next best thing: | 不过我帮你争取到了一次同样不错的机会 |
[08:56] | an audition. | 一次试镜 |
[08:57] | Another audition? | 又一次试镜吗 |
[08:58] | Liam, this character actually has a name. | 利亚姆 这次的角色有名字 |
[09:00] | Private Wilkerson. | 二等兵威尔克森 |
[09:02] | Now, it’s a small, supporting role | 虽然是个小配角 |
[09:03] | but it has got breakout potential. | 但是个有突破潜力的角色 |
[09:07] | So, before you get too excited, | 趁你高兴之前先说好 |
[09:09] | it is an open call. | 这是次公开选拔 |
[09:10] | There’ll probably be hundreds of guys trying out for the part, | 可能有成百上千人去抢这个角色 |
[09:12] | but, Liam, I just know you can get this! | 不过 利亚姆 我知道你能拿到手 |
[09:15] | So this is for the part of the soldier? | 这就是那个士兵的全部对话吗 |
[09:17] | A monologue by… “Goath”? | “高德”写的独白吗 |
[09:20] | Goethe. It’s, like, subtext or something. | 是歌德 潜台词什么的吧 |
[09:23] | Whatever. Anyways, go ahead, | 无所谓了 不管怎么说 来吧 |
[09:25] | give it a shot! | 试试看 |
[09:30] | “To this has it come! | “竟自弄到这种地步 |
[09:32] | “To this! | 这种地步 |
[09:33] | “Treacherous, contemptible spirit, | 背信弃义的下贱魔鬼 |
[09:35] | “And thou hast concealed it from me! | 你居然把这件事情隐瞒了我 |
[09:38] | “Stand, then… | 站着 别动 |
[09:40] | “Then stand. | 站着 别动 |
[09:41] | “Roll thy devilish eyes wrathfully in the… | 你尽管把邪恶的眼珠在眼眶中… |
[09:44] | in-in thy head!” | 恶狠狠地转动吧” |
[09:47] | Yeah! Y-You just have to go over it a couple of times. | 还不错 你只需要多复习几遍就好 |
[09:50] | You’re gonna be great! | 你一定没问题的 |
[09:52] | Sweet. | 好吧 |
[10:06] | Yes, hello. This is Adrianna Tate Duncan | 你好 我是阿德里安娜·泰特·邓肯 |
[10:09] | calling to confirm my meeting with Mr. Brodsky. | 想确认一下我和布罗德斯基先生的会面 |
[10:14] | The Carrington, at 4:30. | 卡林顿酒店 四点半 |
[10:18] | Yes, that’s right. Thank you. | 没错 就是这个 谢谢 |
[10:20] | Oh, I’ll be there. | 我会去的 |
[10:42] | I am loving your ideas, but tell me, | 我爱死你的主意了 告诉我 |
[10:44] | do you have much experience dealing with celebrities? | 你是否有与名流打交道的丰富经验 |
[10:46] | Oh, yes, as a matter of fact, I just did an… | 当然 事实上我刚刚… |
[10:48] | Naomi, I had to borrow some of your crème de la Mer. | 娜欧米 我要借用一下你的海蓝之谜面霜 |
[10:54] | Amanda Dean, | 阿曼达·迪恩 |
[10:55] | is that you? | 是你吗 |
[10:57] | Jen, what are you doing here? | 珍 你在这里干什么 |
[10:58] | She’s my sister, I didn’t know you two knew each other. | 她是我姐姐 我不知道你们俩认识 |
[11:01] | We went to high school together. | 我们是高中同学 |
[11:02] | Yeah, we were always duking it out | 对啊 我们互相竞争 |
[11:04] | to be the smartest one in the class. | 看谁是班里最聪明的那一个 |
[11:06] | Mm-hm, and now look at us. | 再看我们现在 |
[11:07] | I’m a jet-setting publishing executive, | 我是一名时尚杂志出版社主管 |
[11:10] | and you… have a baby. | 而你…也当妈妈了 |
[11:12] | And you’re living in your little sister’s house. | 还住在你妹妹家里 |
[11:15] | Oh, no, no-no-no. | 不不不 |
[11:18] | I live in Paris. | 我住在巴黎 |
[11:19] | My life is much more glamorous than this, | 那里的生活比这里迷人多了 |
[11:21] | I can assure you. | 真的哦 |
[11:22] | And as I was saying, | 接着我们刚才的话题 |
[11:23] | I actually just did an event for Mitchell Nash. | 我刚为米切尔·纳什办过一个活动 |
[11:25] | Well, it was… actually, Hm. | 其实吧 |
[11:27] | It was a birthday party for his daughter. | 那是他女儿的生日派对 |
[11:28] | Isn’t that adorable? | 有爱不 |
[11:30] | It was still an event. | 那也算是个活动 |
[11:31] | Oh, yes, of course it was. | 那当然 |
[11:33] | I’m sure the children had a wonderful time. | 我确定小朋友们都玩得很开心 |
[11:35] | You do have the infrastructure to handle a really big event? | 你确定能组织好这么盛大的活动吗 |
[11:38] | I can’t be sending my boss any amateurs. | 我可不敢给我老板找个业余策划 |
[11:40] | I can handle anything. | 我什么都能搞定 |
[11:42] | Ah, speak of the devil. | 说曹操 曹操到 |
[11:44] | This is my boss. | 我老板的电话 |
[11:45] | He really wants to lock things down. | 他很想赶快敲定这件事 |
[11:50] | Can I tell him you’ll give him a full presentation tomorrow? | 我能告诉他 你明天会给他做全面展示吗 |
[11:53] | Perfect. | 没问题 |
[11:54] | Okay, what’s the address of your office? | 好 你公司地址是哪里 |
[11:57] | The address of my office is… | 我公司的地址是 |
[12:00] | 2153… | 2153号 |
[12:03] | Harper Boulevard. | 哈培大道 |
[12:06] | Well, if it’s anything like your house, | 如果公司也像你家房子这样 |
[12:08] | I’m sure it’s to die for. | 我敢说一定美翻了 |
[12:10] | He’ll see you there at 4:30. | 他四点半去找你 |
[12:11] | I’m gonna walk you out. | 我送你出去 |
[12:13] | So, tell me more about this boss of yours. | 来说说你这个老板怎么样 |
[12:18] | Go ahead. Peel it off. | 来吧 把这个揭开 |
[12:20] | Okay, that is awesome. | 帅呆了 |
[12:22] | Yeah, it’s gonna look even awesomer | 当然 把它喷到墙上之后 |
[12:23] | when you actually put it up. | 会更帅 |
[12:24] | Up? | 喷到墙上 |
[12:26] | What do you mean? Like-like on the street? | 什么意思 放到街上去吗 |
[12:28] | Yeah, hence the term “street art.” | 没错 所以才叫”街头艺术”嘛 |
[12:31] | What’s the matter? I thought that you were into this. | 怎么了 我以为你对此很有兴趣呢 |
[12:32] | No, I am, I just… I don’t know. | 我确实感兴趣 只是 我不确定 |
[12:34] | I don’t know if I want to be part | 我不确定是否要和你们一起 |
[12:35] | of the whole criminal aspects of it. | 去做这种违法乱纪的事 |
[12:36] | Okay, wait. Hang on a second. | 等等 |
[12:37] | It’s not like we’re going out there, | 这又不是去街上 |
[12:39] | putting up gang signs or anything. | 喷绘帮派标志 |
[12:40] | – I know that. – We’re provoking people. | -我知道 -我们那是去启发别人 |
[12:42] | Trying to add some mystery | 给他们原本枯燥的 |
[12:44] | to their otherwise boring-ass daily lives. | 日常生活增加点神秘感 |
[12:45] | Would you rather put this up on a canvas, | 难道你宁愿把这些画在画布上 |
[12:47] | so that it ends up on some rich old d-bag’s bathroom wall? | 让它挂在某个有钱老傻帽家的浴室墙上 |
[12:51] | Obviously not, but… | 当然不是 但… |
[12:52] | You want to spend the rest of your life hiding in a gallery | 就因为不敢冒一点险 |
[12:56] | just ’cause you’re afraid to take a little risk? | 你就准备一辈子都躲在画廊里吗 |
[12:58] | Okay, first of all, | 好吧 首先 |
[12:59] | I’ve surfed Mavericks, | 我去马维里克斯冲过浪 |
[13:00] | and I was married to a guy who was dying of cancer. | 我还嫁给过一个得了癌症的将死之人 |
[13:03] | I’m not exactly afraid of taking risks, all right? I’m just… | 我并不害怕冒险 我只是… |
[13:06] | – sick of them, actually. – Nah. | -讨厌冒险罢了 -才不是 |
[13:08] | I think you’re scared. | 我觉得你是在害怕 |
[13:10] | I just don’t know if it’s of getting caught, | 只是不清楚你到底是害怕被抓 |
[13:12] | or of getting close to me. | 还是害怕跟我走得太近 |
[13:16] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[13:19] | All right, but, uh, if you change your mind, | 好 不过如果你改变了主意 |
[13:23] | me and my crew are going out tomorrow night. | 我和我朋友会在明晚行动 |
[13:25] | You should come by. | 你可以过来 |
[13:32] | Okay, so, tell me what you think. | 听完给我点意见 |
[13:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:41] | Pretty epic, right? | 挺带感的吧 |
[13:42] | Yeah, in a Dixieland band sort of way. | 是啊 多少有点美国南部乐队的感觉 |
[13:45] | I think we just need to add like a little bit more beat or something. | 我觉得应该再多加入点节奏 |
[13:49] | A little beat… | 节奏 |
[13:50] | Oh, wait. | 等等 |
[13:51] | Hold on. | 停一下 |
[13:54] | Hello? | 喂 |
[13:57] | Wait. | 等等 |
[13:58] | The VP of A&R for Def Jam Records wants to meet with us. | 戴夫杰姆唱片公司的A&R副总裁要见我们 |
[13:58] | A&R: Artist and Repertoire | 唱片公司的一个部门,负责发掘和训练艺人 |
[14:02] | Tomorrow at 3:00? | 明天下午三点 |
[14:04] | We got the other meeting. | 我们有另一次会面 |
[14:05] | Yeah, is there any way | 能不能改期 |
[14:08] | we could do it another day, another time? | 换个时间见面 |
[14:12] | No, no, no, I totally understand, yeah. | 不不不 我完全理解 |
[14:13] | We’ll be there. | 我们会来的 |
[14:15] | Yeah, both of us. | 是的 我们俩 |
[14:16] | 3:00 Echo Park Grill? | 三点在回声公园烤菜餐馆 |
[14:19] | Do you mind if I get your number, actually? | 不介意我记一下你的号码吧 |
[14:21] | Perfect. | 太棒了 |
[14:22] | Okay, cool. | 好的 没问题 |
[14:24] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[14:25] | Okay, bye. | 好的 再见 |
[14:27] | Can you believe this? | 你能相信吗 |
[14:29] | Two huge meetings? | 两个重大的会面 |
[14:34] | This is… this is awesome. | 是挺不可思议的 |
[14:36] | But… the other meeting’s all the way across town at 4:30. | 但四点半的那个会面地点在城区另一头 |
[14:39] | Do you really think we’re gonna make it? | 你觉得我们能赶到吗 |
[14:41] | Well, the Def Jam guy’s only in town for one day. | 那个唱片公司的人只在城里待一天 |
[14:43] | Yeah, I get that, but… | 我明白 但… |
[14:44] | Okay, you asked me if I was in this 100%, and I am. | 你还问我是不是一心扑在这事上 我是 |
[14:47] | Okay, we cannot waste any opportunities. | 我们不能浪费任何机会 |
[14:50] | It’s fine. We’ll just… we’ll talk really fast, | 没问题的 我们只要讲话快一点 |
[14:52] | and we won’t take the freeway. | 别走高速公路就行[经常堵车] |
[14:53] | Okay, all right. Okay, okay. | 好吧 就这么定了 |
[14:55] | Oh, I’m so excited. | 我好兴奋 |
[14:57] | So, you just made up a totally random address, huh? | 所以你就随口乱编了个地址 |
[15:01] | I was on the spot, | 我是不得已而为之 |
[15:02] | and it wasn’t completely random. | 而且这也不是完全不靠谱 |
[15:04] | My hair salon used to be on this block. | 我常去的发廊以前就在这条街上 |
[15:05] | Nobody is gonna hire an events planner | 没人会去请一个把工作室 |
[15:08] | who works out of a hair salon, Naomi. | 开在发廊里的活动策划 娜欧米 |
[15:10] | Okay, so I’ll figure it out. | 好吧 我会想办法搞定 |
[15:13] | I’ll offer to rent the place for some obscene amount of money. | 我会用大价钱租下那个地方 |
[15:16] | I’m sure they’ll go for it. | 他们肯定会接受 |
[15:17] | And then slap my name on the wall, | 然后我就在墙上弄上我的名字 |
[15:19] | and bribe whoever works there to pretend | 然后花钱雇一个那里的员工 |
[15:21] | to be my staff for a few hours. | 假装帮我工作几个小时 |
[15:23] | But it’s practically too easy. | 再简单不过的一件事 |
[15:25] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[15:26] | There it is. | 就是这里 |
[15:29] | And look, it’s just a quaint little… | 看吧 是一家别致的… |
[15:34] | …sex shop. | 情趣用品小店 |
[15:36] | Uh, you know, I’m just gonna go. | 我要先撤了 |
[15:38] | Stay here and help me. | 待在这帮我 |
[15:39] | And try not to think of what people do with those. | 看到这些东西尽量不要乱YY |
[15:43] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[15:44] | It’s a fabulous store you have here. | 这真是一家很棒的小店 |
[15:47] | What would it cost to rent it out for the day? | 租用一天要花多少钱 |
[15:49] | I don’t know. I’d have to ask my manager. | 不清楚 我得问问经理 |
[15:57] | Thank you, Mr. Smith. | 谢谢光临 史密斯先生 |
[15:59] | We appreciate your business. | 感谢你对小店的支持 |
[16:01] | Okay, blondie. | 我说金发妞 |
[16:02] | Are you high or just a moron? | 你是嗑药了还是白痴 |
[16:04] | You think you can rent us out like a karaoke room? | 你以为这里是KTV吗 还能出租 |
[16:06] | I don’t think so. | 别做梦了 |
[16:08] | Well, I’m willing to make it worth your while. | 我愿意补偿你们的损失 |
[16:11] | That’s impossible. | 不可能 |
[16:12] | The weekend before Valentine’s Day | 情人节前的周末 |
[16:13] | is our biggest sales event of the year. | 是我们每年生意最好的时候 |
[16:15] | We call it black leather Friday. | 被我们称为黑色皮革星期五 |
[16:17] | Clever. | 好想法 |
[16:18] | Just cancel the meeting. | 把这次会面取消了吧 |
[16:19] | And prove Jen right? Are you insane? | 然后证明珍是对的 你疯了吗 |
[16:22] | What if I buy everything? | 如果我买下所有东西呢 |
[16:25] | Everything? | 全部 |
[16:26] | Yes, down to the last… | 是的 甚至包括… |
[16:29] | novelty condom. | 另类的避孕套 |
[16:31] | Except that. | 但那个除外 |
[16:32] | I won’t buy that. | 那个我不要 |
[16:33] | I-I’m allergic vinyl; it gives me a rash. | 我对乙烯基过敏 会让我起皮疹 |
[16:36] | I will, however, give you a thousand dollars each | 而且 我还会给你们每人一千块 |
[16:38] | to pretend to be my employees | 假装是我的雇员 |
[16:39] | provided that you can find some… | 前提是你们能找到些… |
[16:41] | non-crotchless clothing. | 正常点的衣服穿 |
[16:45] | I take it role-playing is on your resumes? | 角色扮演对你们来说是小菜一碟吧 |
[16:49] | You got yourself a deal. | 成交 |
[16:51] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[16:53] | All right, ladies, | 那么 女士们 |
[16:54] | welcome to Naomi Clark Events. | 欢迎加入娜欧米·克拉克活动策划工作室 |
[17:06] | I’m glad you finally came around. | 很高兴你终于觉悟了 |
[17:08] | Well, resistance seemed futile. | 抗拒只是徒劳 |
[17:09] | Besides, you seem like one of those… | 何况 你看着就像那种… |
[17:12] | plucky, annoying people who don’t give up. | 坚决 难缠 不轻言放弃的人 |
[17:16] | So, I decided to do your project. | 所以我决定做你的项目 |
[17:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:19] | With one condition. | 不过有个条件 |
[17:22] | I cannot work with someone | 我可不能跟一个 |
[17:24] | who’s going to make me feel guilty about my money, | 让我觉得”有钱可耻”的人共事 |
[17:26] | so I need you to prove to me | 所以你得证明给我看 |
[17:28] | that you’re not gonna be guilty with yours. | 你不会因为有钱而感到愧疚 |
[17:30] | And how exactly am I supposed to do that? | 那我要怎么证明呢 |
[17:33] | I want you to buy something. | 我要你花钱买东西 |
[17:35] | – That’s all? – Yeah. | -就这么简单 -是的 |
[17:36] | Listen, PJ, I went to West Beverly High, | 老板 我上的可是西比弗利高中 |
[17:38] | I can shop. | 我很会花钱 |
[17:41] | Here. | 这个 |
[17:43] | Not a $200 wallet. | 我说的远不止买个两百块的钱包 |
[17:45] | Something big, something you’ve always wanted, | 要买价格高昂的 你一直梦寐以求 |
[17:47] | something that you secretly wanted | 一直默默奢望着 |
[17:49] | but you could never afford. | 却又负担不起的东西 |
[17:54] | These are kind of nice. | 这双鞋挺不错的 |
[17:56] | No looking at price tags! | 不准看标价 |
[17:58] | Money is no object. | 要不计价格 |
[17:59] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[18:09] | That is quite a bag. | 这个包包可真不错 |
[18:11] | It’s no canvas tote for charity, | 虽不是用来做慈善拍卖的帆布包 |
[18:13] | but it’ll do. | 但还是算数 |
[18:14] | I’m impressed. | 你的表现太出色了 |
[18:17] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[18:20] | It’s on me. | 这个算我的 |
[18:22] | Looks like we’re in business together, Wilson. | 看来我们已经开始合作了 威尔森 |
[18:26] | Enjoy the bag. | 希望你喜欢这个包 |
[18:30] | – There you go. – Thank you. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[18:36] | Please let this be him. | 这个人一定要是他 |
[18:38] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[18:42] | Um, maybe you should call his assistant, huh? | 或许你该给他的助理打个电话 |
[18:45] | Make sure the guy’s on his way? | 问问他是不是在来的路上了 |
[18:46] | Okay, yeah. | 好的 |
[18:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:51] | That’s weird. | 太奇怪了 |
[18:52] | It says the call can’t be completed as dialed. | 它说我所拨打的是空号 |
[18:55] | It’s okay. Um, let’s just give it five minutes, | 没关系 我们再多等五分钟 |
[18:58] | and then we can get out of here. | 如果他还不来 我们就走 |
[18:59] | – All right? – Five minutes. | -行吗 -五分钟 |
[19:00] | Yeah, five minutes, we can do this. | 对 就五分钟 我们再等等 |
[19:02] | Five minutes, okay. | 五分钟 行吧 |
[19:17] | Ugh, don’t mind me, I’m just pretty sure I got stood up. | 别管我 我肯定是被放鸽子了 |
[19:21] | And I thought I was the only one. | 我还以为只有我被放鸽子了呢 |
[19:24] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[19:25] | Wow, well, maybe we’re supposed to meet each other. | 或许是老天安排咱俩见面的 |
[19:30] | You don’t happen to be a musical duo, do you? | 你不会正好是个二重唱成员吧 |
[19:33] | Nope. | 不是 |
[19:35] | No, I’m just a single gal. | 我只是个单身女郎 |
[19:41] | I’m so proud of us. | 我太崇拜咱们了 |
[19:43] | You would never know this was a sex shop. | 谁都想不到这之前是个情趣用品店 |
[19:49] | Okay. | 好了 |
[19:53] | Wow. Shirazi Studios, very nice. | 谢拉兹工作室 真不错 |
[19:56] | Okay, that reminds me, | 我想起来了 |
[19:57] | I’ve got to go to the doctor to get my vaccinations, | 我得去医院接种疫苗 |
[19:59] | It is the last hurdle until I’m officially a college student. | 这是我成为大学生之前的最后一道坎了 |
[20:02] | Yeah! | 太好了 |
[20:03] | All right, is this it? | 没别的了吧 |
[20:04] | Oh, wait. No. There’s another one. | 不 等等 这还有一个 |
[20:06] | I swear to God, | 我对天发誓 |
[20:07] | they keep popping out of nowhere. | 真不知道这些东西是从哪里冒出来的 |
[20:09] | It’s like some pervert got a magical wish granted or something. | 就像某个性变态的魔法愿望成真了一样 |
[20:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:13] | Well, good luck to you. | 祝你们好运 |
[20:18] | Mr. Paddington. | 帕丁顿先生 |
[20:21] | And Jen. | 珍 你也来了啊 |
[20:23] | Well, we just happened to bump into each other outside. | 我们在外面碰巧撞见了 |
[20:26] | What a wonderful coincidence. | 可真是巧啊 |
[20:28] | Yes. Truly. | 确实很巧 |
[20:30] | Your sister’s a real delight. | 你姐姐真漂亮 |
[20:31] | Tell me, | 跟我说说 |
[20:32] | does Ms. Paddington work in the publishing business, as well? | 帕丁顿太太也从事出版工作吗 |
[20:35] | Uh… no. | 没有 |
[20:37] | No, there is no Mrs. Paddington. | 根本没有帕丁顿太太一说 |
[20:40] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:41] | How interesting. | 真有意思 |
[20:42] | So, to get started, I’d like to say, | 下面开始吧 我想说的是 |
[20:45] | I am sick and tired, as you probably are, | 或许您和我一样 已经受够了 |
[20:47] | of the monotonous party parade… | 单调乏味的聚会庆典 |
[20:49] | You know, I always say that a party’s really only | 我一直认为 只有大家全身投入 |
[20:51] | as interesting as the people in attendance. | 派对才会有趣 |
[20:54] | That is so deeply true. | 说得太对了 |
[20:56] | And since you publish books… | 既然您出版书籍 |
[20:58] | I love books. | 我超爱看书 |
[21:01] | I’m glad to hear that. | 听你这么说 我真高兴 |
[21:02] | I do. I read a lot. | 真的 我看过很多书 |
[21:04] | Oh. I went to Yale. | 我曾经在耶鲁求学 |
[21:05] | – So… – Really? | -所以说… -真的吗 |
[21:07] | What better way to evoke | 除了让大家重温 |
[21:09] | the wonder of books than by returning us | 年轻时格外着迷的书以外 |
[21:12] | to the ones that thrilled us the most during our youth? | 还有什么更能激发对书籍的兴趣呢 |
[21:15] | I give you… The Enchanted Forest. | 我为你准备了 魔法森林 |
[21:18] | Intimate, mysterious. | 既亲密又神秘 |
[21:20] | It’s a welcome relief from the generic Hollywood glitz. | 这是从浮华大千世界中释放自我的好方法 |
[21:22] | There will be trees growing out of tables… | 树木会从桌子里生长出来 |
[21:24] | Speaking of forests, do you like hiking? | 说到森林 你喜欢远足吗 |
[21:27] | I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[21:28] | But do you know what I love even more? | 但你知道我更喜欢什么吗 |
[21:31] | An excellent meal | 有美女陪伴的 |
[21:34] | with a charming companion. | 浪漫晚餐 |
[21:37] | Pick you up at 8:00? | 八点来接你好吗 |
[21:40] | All right, well, I’ve heard enough. | 行了 我听够了 |
[21:42] | You know, there’s more that I can show you. | 还有别的您可以看看 |
[21:43] | No, Naomi. | 不用了 娜欧米 |
[21:44] | I think the concept is fantastic, | 我觉得这个想法棒极了 |
[21:47] | and Amanda had already sold me. | 阿曼达已经给我看过了 |
[21:49] | I have no doubt that you and your staff | 我相信你和你的员工 |
[21:52] | will make it a night to remember. | 会让这个夜晚令人难忘 |
[21:55] | – Jen? – Yes? | -珍 -有何贵干 |
[21:57] | Walk me out? | 能送我出去吗 |
[21:58] | Sure. | 当然 |
[22:07] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[22:09] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[22:10] | – Erin Silver, how are you? – Hi. | -艾莲·西福尔 你好吗 -你好 |
[22:13] | I can’t believe you’re heading off to college. | 真不敢相信你都要上大学了 |
[22:15] | Last time I filled out vaccination forms for you, | 上次我帮你填接种疫苗表格时 |
[22:17] | I think it was for summer camp. | 还是因为夏令营吧 |
[22:19] | Well, don’t worry. I’m not coming back from NYU | 别担心 我不会带着毒品或是伤病 |
[22:22] | with poison oak and swimmer’s ear. | 从纽约大学回来 |
[22:23] | Good. | 很好 |
[22:24] | – Guess that means you’re all grown up. – Yeah. | -看来你已经长大成人了 -是的 |
[22:26] | Which means we should probably talk about | 也就是说 我们该谈谈 |
[22:29] | your family medical history. | 你的家族病史了 |
[22:31] | Erin, your mom, your aunt and your grandmother | 艾莲 你的妈妈 姨妈 还有外婆 |
[22:33] | all died of breast cancer. | 都死于乳腺癌 |
[22:35] | And I know the drill. | 我知道规矩 |
[22:37] | Self exams, regular checkups. | 自我检查 定期体检 |
[22:39] | I’m gonna start doing those. | 我会开始做例行检查的 |
[22:41] | Good. You also should consider | 很好 你还应该考虑 |
[22:42] | getting tested for the BRCA gene. | 做一个乳腺癌基因测试 |
[22:44] | If you have the BRCA one or two mutation, | 如果你有一或两个乳腺癌基因变异的话 |
[22:46] | your future includes an up to 60% chance | 你将来有60%的可能性 |
[22:49] | of getting breast cancer. | 患上乳腺癌 |
[22:50] | You’d have to consider preventative measures, | 你必须做好预防措施 |
[22:52] | such as a prophylactic mastectomy and… | 比如预防性乳房切除术 还有… |
[22:54] | Do we have to talk about it now? | 我们一定要现在讨论这个吗 |
[22:56] | We do. | 没错 |
[22:57] | I’ve… I’ve had a pretty crappy year, | 我这一年过得非常糟糕 |
[23:01] | and I finally have something to look forward to. | 终于又充满了希望 |
[23:04] | So, right now, I just want to get my life started. | 所以现在 我只想重新开始自己的生活 |
[23:06] | You’re going to college. | 你马上要上大学了 |
[23:08] | I probably won’t be seeing you anymore. | 可能我以后都不会见到你了 |
[23:11] | And by your early twenties, | 在你二十出头的时候 |
[23:12] | this could be a very urgent concern. | 必须尽快做决定 |
[23:14] | It’s my job to make sure you’re informed about this. | 我有义务让你知道这些事情 |
[23:17] | I just want to be excited about my future. | 我只想兴奋地迎接自己的未来 |
[23:20] | And I just want you to have a healthy one. | 我只是希望你拥有一个健康的未来 |
[23:33] | Oh, look at your little party decorations. | 看看这些聚会用的小装饰 |
[23:36] | FYI: I may be bringing William back here later. | 顺便提醒你 我晚点可能会带威廉回来 |
[23:39] | And if my powers are anything like they used to be, | 如果我还是像过去一样魅力无穷的话 |
[23:41] | he may well have proposed by morning. | 他明早大概就会求婚了 |
[23:43] | Well, you’re not wasting any time. | 你真是分秒必争啊 |
[23:45] | Well, I just have a really good feeling about him. | 我只是对他很有好感 |
[23:48] | And not just for me. For Jacques. | 不光是为我自己 也为雅克 |
[23:51] | Yes, I’m sure he can get Jacques | 他肯定会送给雅克 |
[23:53] | many free copies of Babar. | 很多《大象巴巴》的书 |
[23:54] | It’s not about that. | 与此无关 |
[23:56] | Or really even about the money. | 甚至和金钱都没关系 |
[23:59] | I see Debbie and Ryan and Jacques together, | 我见过戴比 瑞恩和雅克在一起的样子 |
[24:01] | and they are like a perfect little family. | 看起来就像是一个完美的小家庭 |
[24:04] | Is it so wrong to think that maybe I could | 我也希望能拥有那样的家庭 |
[24:06] | have something like that, too? | 难道有什么错吗 |
[24:08] | That I am not destined to be alone? | 难道我注定该孤老一生吗 |
[24:11] | No, of course not. | 当然不是 |
[24:14] | Hey, guys. | 姑娘们 |
[24:17] | Is that the new Tradesrogue Crocodile Hobo? | 这是崔兹罗格的新款鳄鱼皮手袋吗 |
[24:22] | I picked it up today. | 我今天买的 |
[24:23] | That’s a really expensive bag. | 那个包超级贵哎 |
[24:25] | You know what? I didn’t even look at the price. | 我根本就没看价钱 |
[24:27] | But even if it was, like $1,000, | 即使要一千块 |
[24:31] | I’m okay with that. | 我也完全能接受 |
[24:33] | Yeah. Try $40,000. | 大概要四万块吧 |
[24:36] | $40,000? | 四万块 |
[24:37] | Oh, my God. | 我的老天 |
[24:39] | I let him buy me a $40,000 bag?! | 我竟然让他送了我一个四万块的包包 |
[24:42] | Well, whoever he is, he sounds like a keeper. | 不管他是谁 这个男人值得交往 |
[24:46] | I have to run. | 我该走了 |
[24:47] | Jacques might wake up… | 雅克可能会醒的 |
[24:49] | No. No, Jen, you can’t leave me with Jacques. | 不行 珍 你可不能把雅克扔给我 |
[24:51] | I have too much to do for this party. | 这场派对我还有很多要准备 |
[24:52] | …and if he does, he’ll need a diaper change. | 他要是真醒了 你得给他换尿布 |
[24:56] | Any interest in baby-sitting? | 你有兴趣看孩子吗 |
[24:58] | Sorry. I just realized there’s something I need to go do. | 抱歉 我刚想起来我还有事要做 |
[25:01] | Right. And I’m just… | 好吧 我就… |
[25:02] | standing here with my thumb up my… | 在这干站着… |
[25:06] | Don’t worry. Auntie’s coming. | 别着急 小姨来了 |
[25:08] | I need a baby-sitter. | 我得找个保姆 |
[25:11] | Okay, yes. | 好 是的 |
[25:12] | Okay, I get it. I get it. | 好 我懂 我懂 |
[25:14] | But are you sure he can’t squeeze us in, like, right now? | 你确定他现在没法临时安排和我们见面吗 |
[25:18] | I mean, we can meet anywhere. | 我们在哪见面都行 |
[25:22] | Well, we weren’t exactly snoozing. | 我们没打盹 |
[25:23] | We were actually stuck in traffic… | 其实是因为堵车… |
[25:26] | Hello? | 喂 |
[25:30] | I can’t believe it. | 真受不了 |
[25:32] | We totally blew it. | 咱们搞砸了 |
[25:34] | No, it’s okay. | 没事 |
[25:36] | I know this sucks, | 我知道这让人难以接受 |
[25:37] | but there will be other meetings, okay? | 但以后还有会面机会 |
[25:39] | We’ll just learn from our mistakes. | 咱们吃一堑长一智 |
[25:41] | We can’t make any more mistakes. | 我们不能再犯错了 |
[25:44] | I quit my job, Dixon. | 我辞了工作 迪克森 |
[25:50] | Baby, uh, that’s kind of jumping the gun. | 宝贝 你有点操之过急了 |
[25:53] | Don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗 |
[25:54] | You do know the phrase, | 俗话说得好 |
[25:55] | “Don’t quit your day job,” right? | “正职辞不得” |
[25:57] | Yeah, well, I thought, according to you, the phrase was, | 我记得你之前说过 |
[25:59] | “And if you’re not in it with me 100%, | “如果不能和我全心身投入其中 |
[26:01] | you’re not in it at all.” | 就干脆别参与” |
[26:03] | What are you talking about? | 你这是什么意思 |
[26:04] | That is what you were saying, isn’t it? | 你当时不就是这个意思吗 |
[26:06] | I mean, if we don’t make it as a team, | 如果我们不能团队合作 |
[26:08] | we don’t make it as a couple? | 就得分手 |
[26:09] | Whoa, Ade. No. | 艾德 不是这样的 |
[26:12] | Babe, our relationship and our business | 宝贝 我们的感情和事业 |
[26:14] | are two completely different things. | 完全是两码事 |
[26:17] | If the business side doesn’t work out, | 即使事业没有起色 |
[26:18] | it’s not gonna affect our relationship. | 也不会影响咱们的感情 |
[26:21] | Do you promise? | 你能保证吗 |
[26:24] | Yes, I promise. | 我保证 |
[26:27] | And I’m sure Liam would give you your job back in a heartbeat. | 我敢说利亚姆立马就能让你复职 |
[26:30] | He’s a friend. | 他是个好哥们 |
[26:41] | Hey, your door was unlocked. | 你的门没锁 |
[26:43] | Whoa, what happened with this? | 你这一大摊是怎么回事 |
[26:46] | Well, I asked Jacques’ baby-sitter for help, | 我想找雅克的保姆帮忙 |
[26:49] | but apparently, she’s no whiz with the hot glue gun. | 但她不会摆弄热胶枪 |
[26:54] | So, how is prep for NYU going? | 去纽约大学的事准备得怎样 |
[26:57] | Have you started practicing hailing cabs | 开始练习叫出租车了吗 |
[26:59] | and being snobbish about pizza? | 还得学会对匹萨嗤之以鼻 |
[27:00] | You know, I’m not really feeling the whole NYU thing today. | 我今天对去纽约大学的事有所动摇 |
[27:04] | What are you talking about? | 你这是什么意思 |
[27:05] | You’ve been excited about this for years. | 你都为这事激动一年了 |
[27:07] | Yeah, I know. It’s just… | 我知道 只是… |
[27:10] | Wait. Hold that thought. | 等一下 等会再说 |
[27:14] | Mr. Paddington, how can I help you? | 帕丁顿先生 有什么事吗 |
[27:17] | Your wallet? | 你的钱包 |
[27:20] | That you left in the pocket of your coat at my office. | 装在大衣口袋 落在我办公室里了 |
[27:24] | I understand. Of course. | 我明白 当然 |
[27:26] | I will send one of my assistants there right away to look for it. | 我现在就派助理过去找 |
[27:31] | It’s not a problem. | 这不成问题 |
[27:35] | Except it’s not your office, and you have no assistants. | 但那不是你的办公室 你也没有助理 |
[27:45] | I’ll catch up with you guys later. | 咱们稍后碰头 |
[27:51] | Just so you know, okay, I’m not here for you. | 要知道 我过来不是因为你 |
[27:54] | I’m just into doing the art. | 完全是为了艺术 |
[27:55] | Okay. And you thought you’d look less conspicuous | 好吧 你为了不引人注意 |
[27:58] | dressed up as a, uh, Ninja? | 故意穿得像个忍者 |
[28:01] | I just thought it would help me blend in with the night, okay? | 我只是觉得这么穿 能让自己融入月夜 |
[28:04] | Yeah, uh, it’s just that there’s been this little invention | 是啊 只可惜街上有路灯 |
[28:07] | that’s called street lamps. | 藏也藏不住 |
[28:09] | Right. | 没错 |
[28:13] | Why don’t we put it up here? | 我们在这里画吧 |
[28:14] | Yeah, the, uh… | 这个嘛… |
[28:15] | the garbage and the rats will be really impressed. | 垃圾和老鼠肯定会被你的画技折服 |
[28:21] | Come here. | 过来 |
[28:23] | I say we do it where people can actually see it. | 我建议找个大家都能看到的地方作画 |
[28:33] | All right. You’re on. | 好啊 听你的 |
[29:02] | Okay. | 好了 |
[29:03] | There must be a light or a desk lamp or something or… | 屋里肯定有电灯 或是台灯什么的 |
[29:09] | A flashlight. Thank you. | 手电筒 太好了 |
[29:11] | Okay, not a flashlight. | 好吧 不是手电筒 |
[29:14] | All right. | 好吧 |
[29:22] | Okay. | 在这儿 |
[29:41] | Son of a bitch is married. | 那个狗杂种结婚了 |
[29:44] | Okay, dude, you were right. | 哥们 你说得没错 |
[29:45] | That looks so good up there. | 画在这里简直太赞了 |
[29:50] | Run! | 快跑 |
[30:05] | Oh, my… | 天啊 |
[30:10] | Seriously?! | 耍老娘呢 |
[30:20] | Over there. | 去那边 |
[30:54] | I was just taking inventory. | 我刚才在做盘点 |
[30:56] | Come back tomorrow. | 明天再来吧 |
[30:57] | There’s a sale on… handcuffs. | 目前手铐在打折 |
[31:02] | Oh, I see you brought your own. | 原来您自己带了啊 |
[31:11] | Oh! You don’t understand; I really do work here. | 你搞错了 我真的是这里的员工 |
[31:14] | I don’t know your life, lady, but I do know that | 我不知道你是干嘛的 小姐 但我知道 |
[31:15] | I come in here all the time and I’ve never seen you. | 我来过很多次 但从没见过你 |
[31:18] | O-Okay, officer, please. | 长官 行行好 |
[31:19] | If I don’t get out of here right now and warn her, | 我要是现在不去马上提醒我姐 |
[31:21] | my sister is going to make a huge mistake. | 她就会犯下弥天大错 |
[31:22] | Then call her from the station. | 那就回局里给她打电话 |
[31:24] | Somebody’s got to post your bail. | 总得有人给你交保释费 |
[31:25] | No, if she finds out I was arrested, | 不行 如果她发现我被捕了 |
[31:26] | it’ll blow my cover story, and I’ll look like an idiot. | 我的说辞就露馅了 那样我会显得很傻 |
[31:28] | You get one phone call; do what you have to do. | 你只能打一个电话 别浪费了 |
[31:30] | This is just stupid! | 这也太蠢了吧 |
[31:41] | This is a $40,000 bag? | 这个包值四万块吗 |
[31:44] | Thirty-seven five. | 三万七千五 |
[31:46] | You peeked. | 你当时瞟了一眼 |
[31:47] | Well, it’s very, very pretty, | 这非常非常漂亮 |
[31:49] | but you have to take it back. | 但你得收回去 |
[31:51] | Well, you know what that means. | 你知道那意味着什么 |
[31:52] | I’m not wasting my time with a guilt-ridden heiress. | 我可不会在一个有负罪感的继承人身上浪费时间 |
[31:55] | Well, I’m not spending my time with a self-indulgent jerk. | 我也不会在一个自我放纵的混蛋身上浪费时间 |
[31:59] | What was the whole point of this little exercise, anyway? | 这个小测试的意义到底何在 |
[32:01] | To get me to admit that I’m not comfortable with this money? | 让我承认自己无法接受这笔钱吗 |
[32:04] | Fine. I admit it. | 好吧 我承认 |
[32:06] | I want to earn what I have. | 我想赢得自己拥有的东西 |
[32:08] | I want to build something that is lasting and meaningful. | 我想创造点持久并且有意义的东西 |
[32:13] | And not just so Marla’s death means something, | 这样不仅能让玛拉的逝去具有意义 |
[32:15] | but so my life means something, too. | 也能让我的生命充满意义 |
[32:17] | Well, I happen to believe life means something if you enjoy it. | 我倒觉得 及时行乐才能使生命有意义 |
[32:21] | And is that what you’re doing right now? | 你现在就是在及时行乐喽 |
[32:23] | ‘Cause you just look lonely and bored. | 那你怎么看着又寂寞又无聊 |
[32:25] | Look, I thought that | 我原本以为 |
[32:27] | you helping me start all this would make it easier, | 有你带我上道会容易一些 |
[32:29] | but you know what? | 但结果呢 |
[32:31] | Building something on my own | 靠我自己的双手 |
[32:32] | is going to be that much more satisfying. | 创造的东西更令人满足 |
[32:42] | I still don’t understand why they would arrest you. | 我还是搞不懂他们为什么要逮捕你 |
[32:45] | And why you were wearing this when I called. | 还有 为什么我打电话的时候你穿着这身 |
[32:49] | Well, I find it keeps me sharp, | 我觉得这么穿头脑比较清醒 |
[32:52] | you know, when I’m thinking about hors d’oeuvres and menus and… | 我要思考开胃菜和菜单的问题 |
[32:56] | …other things. | 还有其它事情 |
[32:57] | Okay, I haven’t been completely honest. | 好吧 我没完全说实话 |
[33:00] | I don’t have an office, I don’t have employees. | 我没有办公室 也没有员工 |
[33:01] | I made all of this up because I really wanted this job. | 我很想拿到这份工作 所以撒了谎 |
[33:04] | William, this is incredibly embarrassing. | 威廉 这事简直太丢脸了 |
[33:08] | I hope you know I had nothing to do with this. | 希望你明白 我完全不知情 |
[33:11] | And I hope this doesn’t ruin the rest of our evening. | 也希望不要因为这事扫了我们今晚的雅兴 |
[33:15] | No. Jen, wait. | 珍 等等 |
[33:17] | You know what, you’re annoying, you really are, | 你很招人烦 真的 |
[33:19] | but you’re my sister, and I can’t let you do this. | 但你是我亲姐 我不能看着你犯错 |
[33:24] | I believe that belongs to you. | 这个是你的吧 |
[33:26] | I found it in your wallet, | 我在你钱包里发现的 |
[33:27] | where you probably stuffed it before our meeting. | 大概是在我们会面前塞进去的 |
[33:33] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[33:35] | I thought you said that weren’t married. | 你不是说自己没结婚吗 |
[33:37] | No, I said there was no Mrs. Paddington. | 不 我是说没有帕丁顿太太这一说 |
[33:40] | My wife kept her maiden name. | 我妻子还保留了娘家的姓 |
[33:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:47] | Unfortunately, it looks like none of our party planning | 很不幸 我们的派对计划 |
[33:50] | is going to work out after all. | 最终都用不成了 |
[33:57] | Y-You know what, I think it will. | 我觉得用得上 |
[34:01] | You’re gonna let my sister here plan your silly little party, | 要么让我妹妹帮你筹备那个无聊小派对 |
[34:04] | or your wife is going to get a very interesting phone call | 要么你妻子就会接到一个很有趣的电话 |
[34:08] | from me. | 我打的 |
[34:22] | Heard about NYU. Congrats. | 我听说纽约大学的事了 恭喜你 |
[34:23] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:25] | I actually just got some good news, too. | 其实我也刚收到些好消息 |
[34:27] | I’m gonna be in a movie. | 我要拍电影了 |
[34:28] | It’s not a huge part, but if it gets me noticed, | 戏份不多 但如果能让我受到关注 |
[34:30] | it’s worth putting myself out there. | 就值得去露露脸 |
[34:33] | This is a whole new Liam. | 真是全新的利亚姆 |
[34:35] | Yeah. I guess, ever since my accident, | 是啊 自从我出车祸后 |
[34:37] | I just want to not worry about stuff so much. | 就不想再这么杞人忧天了 |
[34:39] | You know? I want to live every day like it could be my last. | 我想把每一天都当做最后一天来过 |
[34:43] | Wow, that sounds really morbid. | 这听起来真悲观 |
[34:46] | No, no, actually, it… sounds like a good idea. | 不 其实这想法听起来不错 |
[34:50] | Why spend time planning for a future | 为什么要花时间去计划 |
[34:51] | you might not even have? | 你也许都不能拥有的未来呢 |
[34:53] | Yeah, something like that. | 差不多这么回事 |
[35:02] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[35:04] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[35:05] | I’m just saying, people should live | 我是说 无论怎样 |
[35:06] | every day to the fullest, no matter what. | 人们应该好好珍惜 充分利用每一天 |
[35:11] | I guess I’m just not sure yet | 我还不确定要不要 |
[35:14] | if that means going to NYU. | 去念纽约大学 |
[35:17] | It’s what I’ve wanted for so long, | 那是我一直向往的 |
[35:19] | and now that I’ve got it, I… | 现在我得到了 我… |
[35:22] | I feel like I don’t know anything. | 我觉得自己什么都不确定 |
[35:27] | Well, you don’t have to figure everything out right this second. | 你不用一下子把所有事都弄明白 |
[35:47] | Not everything. | 不必都想明白 |
[36:04] | Look, I’m sorry about the other day. | 那天的事我很抱歉 |
[36:07] | Okay, and I hope that you’re not still mad at me, because… | 我希望你不生我的气了 因为… |
[36:12] | Well, this is actually kind of embarrassing, uh… | 这事其实说起来有点尴尬 |
[36:15] | Do you think that maybe you want to give me my job back? | 你能让我回来工作吗 |
[36:19] | Ade, I can’t do that. | 艾德 这我办不到 |
[36:20] | Oh. Not because I’m mad at you, | 不是因为我生你的气 |
[36:23] | but because I actually already gave your job away. | 而是因为我已经雇别人了 |
[36:25] | I’m, uh, I’m in this movie that starts rehearsals today. | 我要出演今天开始排练的一部电影 |
[36:30] | Well, your auditions must be going pretty well. | 你的试镜一定很出色 |
[36:32] | Actually, I didn’t even audition for this one. | 其实 我都没有为这部戏试镜 |
[36:33] | Vanessa was at The Carrington, and happened to bump into the producer. | 瓦内萨当时在卡林顿 刚好撞见制作人 |
[36:37] | Wait, The Carrington? | 等等 卡林顿吗 |
[36:38] | Yeah, I guess he had seen my billboards | 是的 我估计他看过我的广告牌 |
[36:40] | and that rescue video, | 和救人的那段录像 |
[36:42] | and, uh, I don’t know, | 我也不清楚 |
[36:44] | she somehow convinced him that I’m the guy. | 反正她说服他 我就是他要找的角色 |
[36:46] | She’s pretty amazing, don’t you think? | 她真厉害 你觉得不 |
[36:48] | Yeah, she certainly seems to be. | 是啊 她看起来是挺厉害 |
[36:52] | Why are you being so weird | 怎么一到这里 |
[36:53] | – about coming back down here? – I’m not. | -你就浑身不自在 -我没有啊 |
[36:54] | – You had fun, right? – Yeah, obviously it was exciting. | -你不是玩得很开心吗 -是啊 确实很刺激 |
[36:57] | Okay, I just don’t want you getting the wrong idea. | 好吧 我只希望你别乱想 |
[36:59] | I’m not ready to start coming down here with you all the time | 我没准备好经常跟你到这里来 |
[37:01] | and, you know… | 而且 你知道 |
[37:07] | That looks amazing in the light. | 这个白天看真是太美了 |
[37:09] | Well, you aren’t the only one that thinks so. | 不仅你一个人这么想 |
[37:17] | On second thought, what are you doing tonight? | 我改主意了 你今晚打算做什么 |
[37:31] | I cannot believe I get a whole trailer, just for me. | 真想不到我拥有一整辆专用拖车 |
[37:34] | Are you kidding me? It’s hideous. | 你开什么玩笑 里面糟透了 |
[37:36] | It’s fine. | 挺好的 |
[37:37] | I like shag carpet. | 我喜欢长毛地毯 |
[37:38] | Liam, you are on a bullet train to stardom. | 利亚姆 你马上要成为大明星了 |
[37:41] | She’s right, this is major. | 她说得对 这是重大事件 |
[37:43] | Finally, someone around here | 终于有人知道 |
[37:44] | who knows what they’re talking about. | 事情轻重了 |
[37:46] | All right, I’m gonna speak to Lee | 好吧 我会找李 |
[37:48] | – about getting you an upgrade. – Oh, my… | -给你换个上档次的 -天啊 |
[37:51] | Liam, thank you so much | 利亚姆 非常谢谢你 |
[37:53] | for getting me the interview for this P.A. job. | 帮我得到这份私人助理的工作 |
[37:55] | I’m just glad it worked out, | 很高兴能帮得上你 |
[37:56] | – if this is what you really wanted. – It is. | -如果这是你想要的话 -这正是 |
[37:58] | Why should I wait four years | 我为什么要花四年 |
[38:00] | to learn about filmmaking in a classroom, | 在教室里学习拍电影 |
[38:01] | when I can actually start doing it? | 明明我现在就能开始实践 |
[38:04] | Live the dream like there’s no tomorrow. | 追求梦想 仿佛世界末日 |
[38:06] | Well, it definitely feels like a dream. | 感觉真的很像一场梦 |
[38:19] | What do you want? | 你有什么事 |
[38:20] | Six years ago, | 六年前 |
[38:22] | I tried to start a magazine. | 我想办份杂志 |
[38:24] | This very cutting-edge, brainy, | 那种非常前沿 有头脑 |
[38:27] | politically-minded thing, | 进行政治评论的刊物 |
[38:29] | that could not have been a bigger flop. | 成了莫大的失败 |
[38:33] | I believe my mother called it the Dilettante Monthly. | 我妈管它叫《业余者月刊》 |
[38:37] | Ouch. | 真伤人 |
[38:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[38:40] | Well, I tried to earn on my own, | 我想自食其力 |
[38:42] | and I failed. | 但我失败了 |
[38:45] | And… I’ve been afraid… | 从此以后我害怕 |
[38:49] | to be involved with anything since. | 再去参与任何事 |
[38:51] | But I don’t know– | 但我不明白 |
[38:52] | there’s something about your little project here | 你的项目中有种东西打动了我 |
[38:55] | that I just don’t want to see you fail as miserably as I did. | 我不想眼看你像我以前那样惨败 |
[39:00] | Well, that is very generous of you. | 你真好心 |
[39:04] | So, what do you say? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[39:06] | Do you want to be partners? | 你想做合伙人吗 |
[39:14] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[39:15] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[39:16] | I’m glad to see you didn’t sleep | 很高兴看见你不是穿着 |
[39:18] | in the God-awful Catwoman costume. | 那套吐血猫女装睡的 |
[39:20] | I almost had to. | 我差点就穿着睡了 |
[39:22] | It was so hard to get off. | 很难脱下来 |
[39:23] | Oh, my God, now I’m all itchy. | 我的天 现在我全身好痒 |
[39:25] | Naomi, you have to be honest with me. | 娜欧米 你跟我说实话 |
[39:29] | Is it really that hard for you to get a job? | 你拿到一份工作真那么难吗 |
[39:31] | I mean, what was the point of going to such extremes? | 为什么要用那么极端的方法 |
[39:36] | Maybe I just wanted to do something | 也许我只想做点 |
[39:37] | that would impress you for once. | 能让你佩服的事 |
[39:40] | Come on. | 得了吧 |
[39:41] | Are you saying that this was all about me? | 你是说这全都是因为我吗 |
[39:44] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[39:48] | Naomi. | 娜欧米 |
[39:49] | What do you want me to do, | 你想让我怎么做 |
[39:51] | give you a round of applause? | 为你鼓掌吗 |
[39:53] | I think this whole little business that you’ve created | 我认为你独自开拓的这番小事业 |
[39:56] | is impressive. | 令人佩服 |
[39:57] | I think this house that you’ve bought is impressive. | 我觉得你买的这座房子令人佩服 |
[40:02] | And all these friends you have who absolutely adore you…. | 而且你那些万分宠爱你的朋友们 |
[40:07] | I think it’s all very impressive. | 这些都很令人佩服 |
[40:12] | You really mean that? | 你说真的吗 |
[40:15] | Yeah, I do. | 是的 |
[40:19] | Maybe if you weren’t so intent on finding a husband, | 如果你不那么想找个老公 |
[40:23] | you could do something with your life, too. | 你这辈子也会有所作为 |
[40:24] | I mean, look at me. I gave up chasing boys, | 瞧瞧我 我放弃了追求男色 |
[40:26] | and now I channel all of my energy into a career. | 现在我全身心投入事业 |
[40:31] | I’m just saying… | 我想说的是 |
[40:32] | you don’t need a man, | 你不需要男人 |
[40:34] | and neither do I. | 我也不需要 |
[40:36] | We can be a team. | 我们可以合作 |
[40:47] | Oh, um, I’m here with Annie. | 我来找安妮的 |
[40:49] | We’re working on a charity project together. | 我们在合办慈善项目 |
[40:51] | I’m Preston. | 我是普莱斯顿 |
[40:53] | I’m Naomi Clark. | 我是娜欧米·克拉克 |
[40:56] | It’s a pleasure to meet you, Preston. | 认识你很高兴 普莱斯顿 |
[40:58] | The pleasure’s all mine. | 我也很荣幸 |