时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I think you’re funny and smart. | 我觉得你既聪明又风趣 |
[00:04] | And I think you’re hot, too. | 我还觉得你很帅 |
[00:07] | We’re gonna have to keep this on the down low. | 我们的关系得保密 |
[00:09] | It could really hurt my reputation. | 这也太不像我自己了 |
[00:11] | I was thinking the exact same thing. | 我也是这么想的 |
[00:12] | – Are you okay? – I might have smoked some pot. | -你还好吗 -其实 我吸了点大麻 |
[00:15] | – You smoke? Since when? – Since… | -吸大麻 从什么时候开始的 -从 |
[00:18] | I realized that it really helps me | 那次意外之后 我发现那东西对我 |
[00:20] | get back into the water, you know, after my accident. | 重新开始冲浪很有帮助 |
[00:22] | What kind of person | 什么人 |
[00:23] | goes behind their friend’s back | 会背着她们的朋友 |
[00:25] | and starts sleeping with their boyfriend? | 和朋友的男友发生关系 |
[00:27] | She didn’t do it, all right? It was me. | 不是她做的 是我 |
[00:28] | I’m the one who cheated with Navid. | 是我和纳维一起骗了你 |
[00:29] | – You bitch! – Guys! Hey, guys! | -贱人 -姑娘们 姑娘们 |
[00:32] | Honestly, Ade, I want our friendship back. | 说实话 艾德 我希望我们还是朋友 |
[00:33] | – Break up with him. – I can’t. | -和他分手 -我不能 |
[00:35] | We’ve been friends for too long | 我们是那么久的朋友 |
[00:36] | to let a guy come in between us. | 怎么能因为一个男生就毁了我们的友谊 |
[00:39] | I missed you. | 我想你 |
[00:41] | I missed you, too. | 我也想你 |
[02:20] | – Naomi. – Hi. | -娜欧米 -嗨 |
[02:24] | I think you dislocated my scapula. | 肩胛都要被你弄脱臼了 |
[02:29] | Hey! You! | 喂 你 |
[02:30] | Out! Now! Don’t wash your hands. You don’t need to. | 出去 快 别洗手了 没必要 |
[02:32] | Use hand sanitizer. | 用消毒液吧 |
[02:33] | Go! | 快 |
[02:39] | Girls’ bathroom. | 女盥洗室 |
[02:41] | – How taboo. – Well, I needed a kiss before class. | -太不合适了吧 -人家想来个课前吻嘛 |
[02:47] | Is somebody in there? | 里面有人吗 |
[02:48] | It’s occupied! | 有人了 |
[02:51] | Oh. I got you a present. | 对了 有个礼物给你 |
[02:54] | Oh… Come on. | 不会吧 |
[02:58] | Oh. A shirt! Wow! | 是衬衫 哇 |
[03:01] | That’s nice. | 挺体面的 |
[03:02] | It’s not nice. It’s Gucci. | 这不叫体面 这是古琦[奢侈品牌] |
[03:05] | It’s amazing, but it’s… not exactly my style. | 是挺好的 不过 不太像我的风格 |
[03:08] | No offense, but your style sucks. | 无意冒犯 不过你的风格还真不咋地 |
[03:10] | “Geology rocks”? | “地质学最棒” |
[03:11] | Honey, I don’t think so. | 亲爱的 我可不这么想 |
[03:14] | Look, Naomi… | 听着 娜欧米 |
[03:16] | If I start swanning around in Gucci, | 如果我穿着古琦到处逛 |
[03:18] | my friends are going to know something’s up. | 朋友们肯定能觉察出端倪 |
[03:20] | So we have to be careful | 所以我们得小心行事 |
[03:22] | if we want to keep our relationship on the DL. | 不然咱俩的事就要被发现了 |
[03:24] | Oh, fine, you’re probably right. | 好吧 说得有道理 |
[03:25] | You can’t be flaunting it around school. | 在学校你不能穿着它四处招摇 |
[03:28] | But you could wear it this weekend. | 但这周末你可以穿 |
[03:30] | Why don’t I get a suite at some fabulous hotel. | 何不去豪华酒店订上个套房 |
[03:31] | We’ll go swimming, get massages, | 我们可以游泳 按摩 |
[03:33] | order whipped cream, and you can eat it | 来份生奶油 而你可以 |
[03:35] | – off of my… – I can’t. I can’t. | -就着它吃掉我… -不行 不行 |
[03:37] | What, are you lactose-intolerant? | 怎么着 你有乳糖不耐受症吗 |
[03:38] | No. But it’s the Annual Academic Invitational this weekend. | 不是 是这周末有年度学术邀请赛 |
[03:42] | I’m the captain of the West Bev team. | 我是西比弗利高中队的队长 |
[03:44] | You’re such a nerd! | 你真是个书呆子 |
[03:46] | – What can I say? – Well, what about tonight? | -我能怎么办呢 -那今晚怎么样 |
[03:48] | I have whipped cream at home. | 我家里就有生奶油哦 |
[03:50] | I’m just in hard-core study mode | 我现在就已经完全 |
[03:51] | for the Invitational right now. | 进入邀请赛准备学习模式了 |
[03:52] | My teammate Alex and I are cramming all night. | 我和队友艾利克斯 打算啃一晚上书 |
[03:54] | Okay, fine, | 那好吧 |
[03:56] | have your little cramfest with Alex. | 跟亚历克斯好好啃书去吧 |
[03:58] | Next weekend, you are mine. | 但下周末 你得是我的 |
[04:01] | Come on, open the door. | 快点开门 |
[04:03] | It’s a deal. | 说定了 |
[04:06] | It’s occupied! | 有人了 |
[04:08] | Come on! | 有没有搞错 |
[04:10] | Hey, baby! | 宝贝 |
[04:14] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[04:16] | I think, uh… I think… | 我觉得 我觉得 |
[04:18] | I think you have bright orange hair. | 我觉得你头发变成了亮橙色 |
[04:19] | It’s so cool, right? | 很帅 对吧 |
[04:20] | I woke up this morning, I looked in the mirror, | 今早起来后 照了照镜子 |
[04:21] | and I was, like, I need a change. | 我就觉得 我得来点改变 |
[04:23] | Well, it’s definitely a change. It’s… | 确实改变不小 确实 |
[04:25] | – It’s different. – Different, huh? | -不一样了 -不一样吧 |
[04:27] | Would that be… | 那是 |
[04:28] | Different amazing or… | 不一样的惊艳 |
[04:31] | – Different fabulous? – Well, uh, I’d have to go | -还是不一样的超赞呢 -那我选 |
[04:33] | – with different amazing. – Oh, why, thank you. | -不一样的惊艳 -是吧 谢谢 |
[04:37] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[04:39] | – Who did this to you? – I did it myself. | -谁把你弄成这样了 -我自己弄的 |
[04:42] | Okay, the most important thing is do not panic. | 好吧 一定要保持冷静 |
[04:44] | Do you still have the package? | 你还留着包装盒吗 |
[04:45] | – Because you have a major lawsuit on your hands. – No. | -因为你有个大官司要打 -不要 |
[04:47] | Yes. We’re going to sue the jackasses who did this to you, | 要 我们要去告那个把你弄成这样的混蛋 |
[04:50] | and you’re going to make serious bank. | 而你会获得一大笔赔偿 |
[04:51] | But before that, I’m going to go search | 但在那之前 我得去失物认领处 |
[04:53] | the lost-and-found for a hat. | 给你找顶帽子戴上 |
[04:55] | Don’t even listen to her. | 别听她瞎说 |
[04:56] | Please. She’s just jealous, ’cause she knows she can’t | 得了吧 她是嫉妒而已 因为她很清楚 |
[04:58] | pull it off like I can. | 自己驾驭不了这发色 |
[05:00] | Hang on a sec. | 等会 |
[05:01] | Hello? | 你好 |
[05:03] | Yes, this is Erin Silver. | 对 我是艾莲·西福尔 |
[05:06] | It’s the NYU rep. | 是纽约大学代表 |
[05:08] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[05:10] | Yes, yes, I know the Beach Club, sure. | 是 是 我当然知道海滩俱乐部 |
[05:13] | Absolutely. Thank you. Bye. | 没问题 谢谢你 再见 |
[05:16] | Oh, my God! | 天哪 |
[05:17] | I… I have my NYU alumni interview tomorrow. | 我明天要去参加纽约大学的校友面试 |
[05:20] | – Oh, my God! – You’re gonna be amazing. | -我的天 -你肯定会大放异彩的 |
[05:22] | Oh, but… But what about your hair? | 但是 你的头发怎么办 |
[05:24] | What about my hair? | 我头发怎么了 |
[05:25] | Uh, I just… It’s a serious interview, and… | 我只是觉得 那是个正式面试 而且 |
[05:29] | You know what? You… You look great. | 没事 你看起来很好 |
[05:31] | It’s totally fine. Just… go for it. | 完全没问题 加油吧 |
[05:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[05:36] | You’re gonna be great. | 你没问题的 |
[05:45] | What about this one? | 这个怎么样 |
[05:47] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[05:48] | “Dog walker” Is just a fancy way of saying pooper scooper. | “遛狗师”只不过是拾粪者的委婉说法 |
[05:51] | I wonder if anyone’s hiring one of those sign twirlers. | 我在想会不会有人要雇佣指挥 |
[05:54] | You’d be cute twirling a sign. | 你做指挥肯定会很可爱 |
[05:56] | Ugh! This so hard. | 这太难了 |
[05:57] | If I can’t find a job soon, | 如果我近期内找不到工作 |
[05:59] | I’m never going to be able to afford going to college. | 我就付不起大学学费了 |
[06:01] | Well, hey, check this one out. | 看看这个 |
[06:02] | “Personal assistant. | 私人助理 |
[06:03] | “Looking for bright, self-motivated person | 要求 聪明伶俐 有上进心 |
[06:04] | “With great organizational skills in Hollywood Hills. | 组织能力强 工作地点 好莱坞山 |
[06:07] | – Discretion a must.” – Oh, my God. | -必须言行谨慎 -我的天 |
[06:09] | Hollywood Hills? Discretion? | 好莱坞山 言行谨慎 |
[06:11] | – That is totally a famous person. – Really? I don’t know. | -招人的肯定是个名人 -是吗 不知道 |
[06:14] | No. I read about it all the time in tabloids. | 肯定是 我老是在小报里看到 |
[06:16] | Celebrities get you to sign these agreements | 名人们让你签署那些协议 |
[06:18] | so you don’t spill their dirt to the press. | 以防自己的丑闻被泄露给媒体 |
[06:20] | Yet you’re reading about it in the tabloids. | 可你正是从小报上读到的 |
[06:22] | Whatever. You will be jealous | 随你怎么说 当我和乔治·克鲁尼[著名影星] |
[06:24] | when I’m hanging poolside with George Clooney. | 一起头枕泳池边时 你就嫉妒去吧 |
[06:28] | Also in sports, | 继续体育方面新闻 |
[06:30] | girls’ softball hurler Karen Franklin pitched | 女子垒球投手凯伦·富兰克林的精彩一投 |
[06:32] | what would have been a no-hitter were it not | 本可以让对手的安打数为零 |
[06:35] | for the mighty bat of Malibu’s Lacy O’Connell. | 却被马里布的蕾西·奥·康奈尔大力击中 |
[06:37] | And still, the Lady Wildcats were victorious | 但野猫队仍然大获全胜 |
[06:40] | and remain undefeated as they enter postseason play. | 以不败战绩挺进季后赛 |
[06:43] | In other news, | 其他方面的消息 |
[06:44] | this weekend, our Academic Invitational team | 本周末 我校年度学术邀请赛参赛队 |
[06:48] | competes in Oxnard, | 将会在奥克斯纳德比赛 |
[06:49] | hoping to bring home the gold once again. | 希望他们能再次夺金而归 |
[06:52] | Now, an exclusive sneak peek | 现在播送独家报道 |
[06:55] | at the brains behind the legend. | 一起来认识一下传奇背后的天才们 |
[06:58] | Hi. I’m Max. | 我是麦克斯 |
[07:00] | My passions are biology and astrophysics. I’m the captain | 我酷爱生物和天体物理 我是 |
[07:04] | of the West Beverly Academic Invitational Team. | 学术邀请赛西比弗利队的队长 |
[07:05] | We’ve been state champs | 该比赛举办两年来 |
[07:06] | for two years running, | 我们已蝉联两届的州冠军 |
[07:08] | and this weekend, we’re going for our three-peat. | 而这周末 我们将为三连冠而战 |
[07:10] | So put your hands together, | 所以伸出你们的双手 |
[07:12] | give a loud West Bev cheer for your team. | 给西比弗利队鼓掌喝彩吧 |
[07:17] | My name’s Gilbert. | 我叫吉尔伯特 |
[07:18] | Art history and archaeology are my interests. | 我对艺术史和考古学比较感兴趣 |
[07:21] | Hi. I’m Allen. | 我是艾伦 |
[07:22] | Chemistry is my bag. | 化学是我的菜 |
[07:26] | And I’m Alex. | 我是艾利克斯 |
[07:28] | I love literature and history. | 我喜欢文学和历史 |
[07:32] | That’s Alex? | 她就是艾利克斯 |
[07:33] | And together we’re going to bring home the title. | 我们一定会齐心协力 载誉而归 |
[07:36] | Go, Wildcats! | 野猫队 必胜 |
[08:04] | Now, you have a good day at school, sweetie. | 开心享受学校生活吧 亲爱的 |
[08:07] | – Ugh. I don’t want to go. – Come on. I’ll walk you in. | -我不想去 -别这样 我送你进去 |
[08:16] | Come on. Is it that awful? | 拜托 有那么糟吗 |
[08:17] | Uh, yeah, Raj. It’s high school, okay? | 罗杰 这是高中 好不好 |
[08:20] | It’s totally and utterly boring. | 简直无聊透顶 |
[08:23] | It’s way more boring now that I’m not smoking pot anymore. | 更无聊的是 我已经戒掉大麻了 |
[08:26] | Yeah, I hear you. | 我知道 |
[08:28] | – Still, I’m proud of you. – Whatever. | -但我还是为你感到自豪 -随你便吧 |
[08:32] | Hey, hey. What’s up, Raj? What’s up, Ivy? | 最近怎么样 罗杰 还有你 艾薇 |
[08:35] | – Hello. – How you doing, Dixon? | – 好啊 -你呢 迪克森 |
[08:36] | Hey, man, I’m… I’m living the dream. | 我在享受梦想生活 |
[08:38] | – I’m living the dream, guys. – Whatever. | -享受梦想生活 -随你怎么说了 |
[08:40] | See, now, why can’t you have | 看到了吧 你怎么就不能学学 |
[08:41] | some of Dixon’s positive go-get-’em energy? | 迪克森乐观的精神呢 也像他一样活力四射 |
[08:43] | Because I’m cool, Raj. | 那是因为我很酷 罗杰 |
[08:45] | Because I got better things | 因为我的生活中 |
[08:47] | to do with my life than just school. | 有比上学更重要的事要做 |
[08:49] | Oh, hey, speaking of which… | 说到这个 |
[08:51] | You know how, uh, Hurley is coming to town this weekend for that competition? | 你知道赫尔利这周末要来观看比赛吗 |
[08:54] | They’re scouting women for the team. | 他们会来物色女队员 |
[08:56] | Yeah, yeah, I heard something about that. | 我也听说过 |
[08:57] | I signed you up. | 我帮你申请了 |
[08:59] | I’m sorry. You what? | 不好意思 什么 |
[09:04] | Well, I… I know I should have asked you first, | 我知道应该先问问你的意见 |
[09:06] | but there were only a few slots left, | 但是剩下的名额不多了 |
[09:08] | – so I thought… – Well, dude, you thought wrong. | -所以我想 -不是你想的那样 |
[09:09] | I’m… Raj, I’m not into that. | 我 罗杰 我不想去 |
[09:11] | I’m not… I’m not interested. | 我不感兴趣 |
[09:14] | Ivy, you make the team, and… and you’re going to be | 艾薇 你成了他们的队员 你就可以 |
[09:17] | traveling the world in, like, two months. | 在差不多两个月内 到世界各地旅行 |
[09:19] | Surfing the best waves, living your dream. | 去条件最适宜的海里冲浪 实现你的梦想 |
[09:22] | Why wouldn’t you want that? | 你为什么不愿意呢 |
[09:23] | Because maybe I’m not a sellout, you know. | 因为我不想为了赚钱而冲浪 |
[09:25] | Maybe I don’t need to sell my soul | 我还不需要为了免费的巴厘岛旅行 |
[09:28] | just to get a free trip to Bali. | 就出卖自己的灵魂 |
[09:33] | All right, my bad. | 好吧 是我错了 |
[09:35] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[09:44] | – Hey, guys. – Hi. | -你们好 -你好 |
[09:44] | Sorry I’m late. | 很抱歉我来晚了 |
[09:46] | I had to tutor some freshmen. | 刚辅导完新生 |
[09:48] | No worries. | 没事 |
[09:50] | Hey, did anyone else get the apple pie? | 有人尝过苹果派了吗 |
[09:52] | – It’s pretty good. – It does look good. | -非常好吃 -看起来是挺好吃的 |
[10:02] | What’s up, Naomi? | 娜欧米 怎么了 |
[10:04] | What do you know about that girl Alex? | 你认识那个叫艾利克斯的女孩吗 |
[10:06] | Alex Scarborough? | 艾利克斯·斯卡伯勒 |
[10:08] | She’s brilliant. | 她很聪明 |
[10:09] | Like, a bona fide genius. | 完全是个天才 |
[10:12] | – Not when it comes to fashion. – Word is | -除了时尚 -据说 |
[10:14] | she’s still deciding between Oxford and Harvard. | 她还没决定到底是去牛津大学还是哈佛大学 |
[10:17] | She fences, she plays chess. | 她练击剑 下国际象棋 |
[10:18] | She’s like Tom Brady of the Academic Invitational team. | 她就是学术邀请赛校队里的汤姆·布兰迪 |
[10:21] | What exactly is the Academic Invitational thingie? | 这个学术邀请赛到底是什么玩意啊 |
[10:25] | It’s pretty intense. It’s, like, all the smartest kids | 一个很紧张的比赛 全州最聪明的学生 |
[10:26] | from the state compete at Oxnard Pacific every year. | 会在奥克斯纳德一较高下 |
[10:29] | Sounds lame. | 挺无聊的啊 |
[10:30] | Yeah, well, you’d think so, but, uh, it’s notorious | 你当然会这么想 其实它是以 |
[10:32] | for actually having the craziest after-parties. | 最疯狂的庆功宴会声名远扬 |
[10:36] | – What? – I guess that’s what happens | -什么 -我猜就是是把一群过度压抑的人 |
[10:37] | when you put all those repressed over-achievers in one hotel. | 放在一个酒店纵情狂欢吧 |
[10:40] | Oh, and I hear everybody | 我听说每个人都会 |
[10:41] | hooks up and gets wasted. It’s crazy. | 彼此勾搭 欲仙欲死 很疯狂的 |
[10:43] | It’s like one big nerd orgy. | 就像是一个书呆子的狂欢 |
[11:00] | Not interested. | 我没兴趣 |
[11:02] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[11:03] | What are you selling, Girl Scout cookies? | 你想推销什么 女童子军的小点心吗 |
[11:05] | No. Uh, I’m Annie. | 不是 我是安妮 |
[11:08] | I’m here for the job interview. | 我是来面试的 |
[11:10] | We… We spoke on the phone. | 我们电话预约过 |
[11:13] | Of course we did. | 是的 |
[11:14] | I’m Marla. | 我是玛拉 |
[11:16] | Nice meeting you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[11:30] | This place is very interesting. | 这儿真有意思 |
[11:34] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[11:35] | Well, that’s an interesting choice of words. | 你的形容也很有意思 |
[11:38] | It’s a mess. | 这儿一团糟 |
[11:40] | Well, you know, uh, it’s… | 但是 这儿 |
[11:41] | It’s just certainly well lived in. | 在这里住着很舒适 |
[11:44] | Please, sit. | 请坐吧 |
[11:57] | So, uh, you’re looking for a personal assistant? | 你在招聘私人助理吗 |
[12:01] | Well, that’s a little euphemistic. | 这是委婉的说法 |
[12:02] | Really, what I need is someone to get my affairs in order. | 其实我就是想找一个帮我收拾东西的人 |
[12:05] | I have years’ worth of junk here. | 这儿都堆了很多年的垃圾了 |
[12:07] | And some things, believe it or not, are not junk. | 其实有些东西不是垃圾 |
[12:10] | I need the whole place organized, | 我想让这里条理清晰 |
[12:12] | cataloged and cleaned. | 分门别类 干净整洁 |
[12:14] | Oh. Uh, okay. | 好的 |
[12:16] | Are you an honest person? | 你诚实吗 |
[12:17] | Yes. | 当然 |
[12:18] | Do you do drugs? | 你吸毒吗 |
[12:20] | No. I don’t. | 不 我不吸毒 |
[12:23] | You’re hired. | 你被雇佣了 |
[12:25] | Well, there’s something about you, Annie, that I like. | 你身上有些地方 我挺欣赏的 |
[12:27] | And quite frankly, no one else applied, | 老实说也没其他人来申请这工作 |
[12:30] | so the job is yours. | 所以就是你了 |
[12:33] | I’ll give you a thousand a week. | 周薪一千 |
[12:35] | A thousand dollars? | 一千美元吗 |
[12:37] | No, yen. Yes, dollars. | 日元 逗你的 是美元 |
[12:39] | You want the job or not? | 你干还是不干 |
[12:44] | Yeah, I want the job. | 我想要这份工作 |
[12:51] | Okay, what about this one? | 这件怎么样 |
[12:54] | – To a college interview? – Okay. | -去大学面试吗 -好吧 |
[12:58] | Then, how about just this one? Yeah? | 那这件呢 可以吗 |
[13:00] | – Are you serious? – Yes, I’m serious. | -你是说真的吗 -当然 |
[13:02] | I… I want to be an artist. | 我想成为一个艺术家 |
[13:04] | It’s okay for me to look artistic. | 穿的艺术点还是可以接受的吧 |
[13:07] | I’m applying to film school, not law school. | 我申请的是电影学院又不是法学院 |
[13:10] | Mmm, and certainly not hairdressing school. | 当然也不是美发学院 |
[13:12] | You love it. | 你会喜欢的 |
[13:17] | You are wound up about this interview, aren’t you? | 你很在意这次面试 对吧 |
[13:19] | Uh, yeah. But I’m all prepared. Well, practically. | 对啊 但是我差不多都准备好了 |
[13:22] | What do I have to do? Uh, I have to finish | 我应该干什么呢 我得把 |
[13:23] | burning the DVDs of my reel, | 我拍的电影胶片灌制成光盘 |
[13:25] | I have to print off my portfolio | 还得把文件都打印好 |
[13:26] | and fill my scooter with gas. | 给我的小摩托加满油 |
[13:28] | How about this one? You love this one, right? | 这件呢 你喜欢 是不是 |
[13:31] | You’re going to wear leopard print to a college interview? | 你要穿豹纹去面试吗 |
[13:34] | I just might. | 我只是想一下 |
[13:38] | Hey! I’m so glad you’re here! | 很高兴你来了 |
[13:39] | I need help picking out my outfit for the interview, okay? | 帮我挑一套去面试衣服 好吗 |
[13:41] | Oh, and… What do you think? | 觉得咋样 |
[13:44] | She did it to herself on purpose. | 这是她自己造的型 |
[13:46] | So there’s no one to sue. | 没人能起诉 |
[13:48] | You like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[13:49] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[13:51] | – It is so you. – Yeah? | -这真的很适合你 -是吗 |
[13:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:07] | Okay, West Beverly with a lead of 84 to 80 | 西比弗利以84比80领先 |
[14:10] | as we enter the final speed round. | 进入最后一轮抢答 |
[14:12] | You select the next topic. | 你们来选下一个题目 |
[14:13] | From which arena would you prefer to answer questions… | 你们希望回答下列哪个类别的问题 |
[14:16] | Medieval poetry or biology? | 中古世纪诗歌还是生物 |
[14:19] | Biology, please. | 生物 |
[14:20] | Excellent. Here we go. | 很好 现在开始 |
[14:22] | “The duodenum, jejunum and ileum are parts of what?” | 十二指肠 空肠 回肠是什么的一部分 |
[14:26] | The small intestine. | 小肠 |
[14:27] | That is correct. | 回答正确 |
[14:29] | “To which taxonomic class do snails and slugs…” | 蜗牛和蛞蝓的生物分类属于哪一纲 |
[14:32] | – West Beverly. – Gastropods? | -西比佛利 -腹足类动物 |
[14:33] | Or gastropoda, correct. | 或者说腹足纲 正确 |
[14:35] | “In the sexual reproduction | 在苔藓植物的有性繁殖过程中 |
[14:37] | “of bryophytes, zygotes synthesized | 由配子结合而成的受精卵 |
[14:39] | by the union of gametes develop into…” | 会发育成为… |
[14:41] | West Beverly. | 西比弗利 |
[14:42] | – Sporangium. – That is correct. | -孢子囊 -正确 |
[14:44] | “In a eukaryotic cell, | “在真核细胞中 |
[14:46] | where does the Krebs cycle occur?” | 克雷布斯循环在何处发生” |
[14:48] | West Beverly. | 西比弗利 |
[14:49] | In the mitochondrial matrix. | 发生在线粒体基质中 |
[14:50] | That is correct. | 正确 |
[14:51] | For the third year in a row, West Beverly Hills High School advances to the finals. | 西比弗利高中连续第三年进军决赛 |
[14:54] | Congratulations, Wildcats. | 恭喜你们 野猫队 |
[15:20] | – Hey. So how’s George? – Oh, fantastic. | -你的乔治怎么样啊 -棒极了 |
[15:24] | Yeah? You guys hanging poolside? | 是吗 你们正趴在泳池边吗 |
[15:25] | Oh, yeah. You know, | 是啊 |
[15:26] | Matt and Brad just came by. | 马特和布拉德刚来过 |
[15:28] | We’ve all been chillin’. | 我们刚才在一起 |
[15:29] | I think we’re gonna go to Lake Como soon. | 我想我们很快就会去科莫湖了 |
[15:31] | Ooh, now I’m getting jealous. | 现在我开始嫉妒你了 |
[15:34] | Please. I’ve been cleaning all afternoon, | 得了吧 我都打扫了一下午卫生了 |
[15:36] | and I still have not made a dent in all the junk that this lady has. | 可这里的垃圾却一点也没见少 |
[15:39] | I swear to God, she makes the Gray Gardens chicks | 我向天发誓 她把灰色花园里的女孩 |
[15:41] | look like Martha Stewart. | 弄得像玛莎·斯图尔特一样 |
[15:43] | – Well, hang in there, okay? – Hmm, yeah. | -忍耐一下 好吗 -好的 |
[15:46] | I mean, for a grand a week, | 为了一千美金的周薪 |
[15:47] | I’ll do whatever the packrat wants. | 她让我干什么都行 |
[15:49] | I’m just not sure how she can afford it. | 我就是纳闷她怎么能受得了 |
[15:51] | I mean, I guess it’s from not having a cleaning lady for fifty years. | 我觉得这儿有五十年都没有打扫过了 |
[15:56] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[15:59] | Ugh, I made a mess. | 我搞得一团糟 |
[16:00] | Like that’s even possible in this place. | 好莱坞山居然有这么脏的地方 |
[16:03] | I’ll… I’ll call you later, okay? | 我晚点儿打给你 好吗 |
[16:04] | All right. Hey, enjoy Lake Como. | 好的 去科莫湖愉快 |
[16:06] | All right. Ciao. | 好的 再见 |
[16:40] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛呢 |
[16:42] | Oh, my God, I’m… I’m… I’m so sorry. | 天呐 我 我非常抱歉 |
[16:45] | I was looking for a broom. | 我刚刚在找扫帚 |
[16:46] | And then I saw the box. | 然后我看见了这个盒子 |
[16:48] | And I was looking at your things. | 然后我就看了看你的东西 |
[16:50] | Well, don’t. | 别看了 |
[16:51] | I just… I mean, I can’t believe it. | 我只是 难以置信 |
[16:53] | You were on the cover of Life magazine. | 你上过《生活》杂志的封面 |
[16:55] | I mean, you’re famous. | 我的意思是 你是名人 |
[16:57] | I used to be. | 我过去是 |
[17:01] | I used to be Marla Templeton. | 我过去是玛拉·泰普顿 |
[17:09] | I can’t believe that you’re an actress. | 我真不敢相信你是个演员 |
[17:12] | I’m an actress, too. | 我也是演员 |
[17:13] | Well, aspiring anyway. | 我希望自己能成为演员 |
[17:15] | Yes, I thought you might be. | 我也是这么想的 |
[17:16] | This town is lousy with aspiring actors and actresses. | 这座城市充满了想当演员的男男女女们 |
[17:22] | Everyone who parks your car or serves you a salad | 就连那些代客泊车和端盘子的人 |
[17:24] | is wanting to be an actor. | 都想要当演员 |
[17:26] | Yet very few people bother learning to act. | 然而只有很少的人真正去学习表演 |
[17:29] | Yeah, well, that’s what I’m hoping to do. | 这正是我想做的 |
[17:31] | It’s why I need this job, actually. | 实际上这就是我需要这份工作的原因 |
[17:33] | I really want to go to college and study acting. | 我真的很想去大学里学习表演 |
[17:36] | Well, good luck to you. | 祝你好运 |
[17:37] | It’s not an easy career, | 这份职业并不简单 |
[17:39] | but it can be quite interesting. | 不过还挺有意思的 |
[17:42] | Interesting sounds good to me. I just want to learn. | 对我来说有意思就够了 我很想去学习 |
[17:45] | Um, I saw that picture with you and the guy | 我看到了你和逍遥骑士里彼得·方达 |
[17:49] | from Easy Rider, Peter Fonda. | 在一起的照片 |
[17:51] | Are you guys friends? | 你们是朋友吗 |
[17:52] | Friends… Uh… Uh, you could say that. | 朋友 可以那么说 |
[17:56] | Good old Peter. | 老好人彼得 |
[17:57] | There was a time when Peter and I had a standing date | 那段时间我和彼得每个礼拜四的晚上 |
[18:00] | every Thursday night at Musso and Frank. | 都会在摩梭和弗兰克约会 |
[18:02] | What’s Musso and Frank? | 什么是摩梭和弗兰克 |
[18:03] | “What’s Musso and Frank?” | “什么是摩梭和弗兰克” |
[18:06] | You really do have a lot to learn. | 你要学的还真挺多的 |
[18:12] | I bet you can’t juggle while reciting pi. | 我打赌你不能边背圆周率边玩杂耍 |
[18:15] | What do you think I am, a moron? | 你觉得我是个笨蛋吗 |
[18:16] | 3.14159265358979… 3.14159265358979… | |
[18:31] | Oh, hell no! | 不是吧 |
[18:37] | Housekeeping. | 客房服务 |
[18:39] | Stay the hell away from him! | 你给我离他远点儿 |
[18:41] | Naomi Clark. What are you doing here? | 娜欧米·克拉克 你来这儿干吗 |
[18:43] | Yeah, what are you doing here? | 对啊 你来这儿干吗 |
[18:45] | I’m here to stop you from boinking this little whore. | 我来这儿是要阻止你和这个小贱人乱搞 |
[18:48] | Memorize this, you brainy slut… | 给我记住 你这个高智商的小荡妇 |
[18:50] | If you don’t stay away from my boyfriend, | 如果你不离我男朋友远点儿的话 |
[18:51] | I will send your head to Oxford | 我就把你的头寄到牛津 |
[18:52] | and the rest of your corpse to Cambridge. | 剩余的尸体寄到剑桥 |
[18:55] | – But… But… – But nothing. | -但是 但是 -没有但是 |
[18:56] | If you so much as look at him again, | 如果你再多看他一眼的话 |
[18:58] | you’re dead. | 你就死定了 |
[18:59] | – Naomi… – Oh, my God! | -娜欧米 -天呐 |
[19:02] | – Will you… – Alex. | -你 -艾利克斯 |
[19:04] | Alex, please… | 艾利克斯 别 |
[19:05] | Alex. | 艾利克斯 |
[19:08] | What is your problem? | 你怎么回事 |
[19:09] | What’s my problem? | 我怎么回事 |
[19:11] | What is your problem, Max? | 你怎么回事 麦克斯 |
[19:13] | What exactly were the two of you planning to do in here, huh? | 你们俩到这儿来到底要干吗 |
[19:14] | Study. | 学习 |
[19:17] | Look around, Naomi. | 好好看看 娜欧米 |
[19:23] | You were going to study? | 你们是来学习的吗 |
[19:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:26] | This is our team’s room. | 这是我们队的房间 |
[19:27] | We came in here to cram | 我们到这儿来复习 |
[19:29] | because we made it to the finals. | 因为我们进入决赛了 |
[19:32] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[19:34] | Naomi, how could you think that Alex and I…? | 娜欧米 你怎么会觉得我和艾利克斯 |
[19:36] | Because I’m going crazy, okay? | 因为我快疯了 好吗 |
[19:39] | Because of the sneaking around and the lying | 因为我们要偷偷摸摸 满口谎言 |
[19:41] | and not being able to tell anybody that we’re together. | 不能告诉别人我们在交往 |
[19:43] | It’s messing with my head. | 我脑袋里乱极了 |
[19:45] | I can’t take it. | 我受不了了 |
[19:50] | Maybe we should just break up. | 也许我们应该分手 |
[19:59] | What the hell just happened? | 到底发生什么事了 |
[20:03] | There was just a misunderstanding. | 刚才只是个误会 |
[20:04] | Did you talk to Alex? Where is she? | 你和艾利克斯说话了吗 她在哪儿 |
[20:06] | Getting in her mom’s car, driving back to L.A. | 她上了她妈妈的车 回洛杉矶了 |
[20:08] | – What? – I tried to reason with her, | -什么 -我试过说服她的 |
[20:10] | but for the first time in her life, Alex was highly irrational. | 但这是她这辈子第一次这么不理智 |
[20:12] | Alex quit? | 艾利克斯退出了 |
[20:13] | Yes, and the final round starts imminently. | 是的 而且决赛马上就要开始了 |
[20:15] | If we don’t have a fourth teammate, | 如果我们不够四个人的话 |
[20:16] | we’ll be disqualified. | 我们就丧失决赛资格了 |
[20:17] | Okay, okay. Look, don’t… don’t freak. | 好的 好的 别紧张 |
[20:19] | Um, there’s some guys here from West Bev. | 这儿有些咱们学校的人 |
[20:22] | – One of them could fit in… – You know the rules. | -总有一个可以胜任 -你知道规则的 |
[20:24] | Each team needs a female. | 每个队都得有个女生 |
[20:26] | There are no females here to watch us. | 这儿没有女生来看咱们比赛 |
[20:27] | We’re totally screwed. | 咱们完蛋了 |
[20:36] | What are you all looking at me for? | 你们看我干什么 |
[20:39] | Welcome, everyone, | 欢迎大家来到 |
[20:40] | to the 2011 Academic Invitational finals. | 2011年度学术邀请赛的决赛现场 |
[20:43] | Dominguez Hills High versus West Beverly High. | 多明戈斯山高中对阵西比弗利高中 |
[20:46] | Captains, are your teams ready? | 两位队长 你们的队伍准备好了吗 |
[20:48] | We are ready. | 好了 |
[20:50] | Uh, we’re ready, too. | 我们也好了 |
[20:53] | This is a huge mistake. | 这简直是大错特错 |
[20:54] | I don’t know the state capitals, | 我连州立首府都不知道 |
[20:56] | and I definitely don’t know the presidents. | 更别提历届总统了 |
[20:57] | I mean, frankly, I don’t really understand gravity. | 坦白讲 我不太懂地心引力 |
[20:59] | I pretend to, but I don’t. | 我假装了解 其实不懂 |
[21:00] | I think it has something to do with apples. | 我想那跟苹果有某种关系 |
[21:02] | Listen, you don’t have to say a word, okay? | 听着 你不需要说话 好吗 |
[21:04] | Okay, okay. Okay. | 好的 好的 |
[21:05] | Today’s final round category | 今天决赛的题目范畴 |
[21:07] | from world history is “Empires and Colonies.” | 是世界历史当中的”帝国与殖民地” |
[21:11] | And by the draw, West Bev is first up. | 根据抽签结果 西比弗利高中先答 |
[21:14] | Here you go. | 请听题 |
[21:15] | “Historians generally agree that this empire | 历史学家普遍同意这个帝国 |
[21:18] | is considered the first of the modern era.” | 是近代史中的第一个帝国 |
[21:23] | West Bev answering. | 西比弗利请回答 |
[21:24] | Oh! Oh, I’m sorry, Your Honor. That was an accident. | 对不起 阁下 这是个意外 |
[21:29] | I need an answer. | 请回答 |
[21:31] | Um… Rome? | 罗马 |
[21:35] | Incorrect. | 错误 |
[21:36] | Dominguez Hills. | 多明戈斯山 |
[21:37] | That would be the Akkadian Empire. | 阿卡德帝国 |
[21:39] | That is correct. | 正确 |
[21:41] | “What is the South Pacific territory | 哪个南太平洋境内的殖民地 |
[21:43] | that has resisted becoming independent from New Zealand?” | 拒绝独立于新西兰 |
[22:11] | No, no, no! | 不 不 不 |
[23:06] | This is Raj. Leave a message. | 我是罗杰 请留言 |
[23:09] | Um, hey, it’s me. | 是我 |
[23:11] | Um… I’m here. | 我到这儿了 |
[23:14] | Where are you at? | 你在哪儿 |
[23:16] | You know it’s dangerous to leave me alone with all this food. | 让我单独和这些食物在一起很危险的 |
[23:18] | So I hope you’re on your way. | 希望你已经在来这的路上了 |
[23:20] | And I guess I’ll see you soon. Bye. | 我猜很快就可以见到你了吧 再见 |
[23:27] | Help! Help me! | 救命 救命 |
[23:30] | Somebody, help! | 有人吗 救命啊 |
[23:36] | Hey! Hey, you guys, I think… | 有人吗 |
[23:39] | I think somebody needs help out there! | 那边有人落水啦 |
[23:42] | Will somebody help?! | 有人吗 |
[23:47] | Help! | 救命啊 |
[23:52] | Help! | 救命 |
[24:14] | Raj? What…? | 罗杰 什么 |
[24:15] | What are you doing? Are you okay? | 你在做什么 你还好吗 |
[24:17] | I’m fine! Ivy, you did it! | 我没事 艾薇 你做到了 |
[24:19] | You’re in the water! | 你敢下水了 |
[24:20] | You… Oh, my God! | 你 天呐 |
[24:23] | I cannot believe you! | 真不敢相信 |
[24:25] | Ivy! Ivy, wait. | 艾薇 等等 |
[24:29] | Oh, my God. What is wrong with you? | 天呐 你脑子进水了吧 |
[24:31] | Did you just trick me? | 你骗我下水 |
[24:33] | – Ivy. – No. Do you realize how psychotic that is? | -艾薇 -不 你知道这么做有多变态吗 |
[24:35] | You just pretended to drown, Raj! | 罗杰 你居然假装溺水 |
[24:38] | I mean, God, how stupid do you have to be?! | 天呐 你怎么这么傻啊 |
[24:40] | I just wanted you to get back in the water. | 我只是希望你可以重新下水 |
[24:42] | You did it, Ivy. You got back in the water. | 艾薇 你做到了 你又下水了 |
[24:44] | What makes you think | 你凭什么认为 |
[24:45] | that I didn’t want to get into the water? | 我不想重新下水 |
[24:46] | Well, the other day, after you acted so weird | 那天你对比赛的事表现得怪怪的 |
[24:48] | about the competition, I spoke to Dixon, | 之后我就和迪克森谈了谈 |
[24:50] | and he told me everything. | 他把所有事情都告诉我了 |
[24:52] | Did he? | 他真是个大嘴巴 |
[24:53] | Look, Ivy, I’m sorry. | 艾薇 对不起 |
[24:55] | But I know you, Ivy… You’re a surfer. | 但我知道 艾薇你是个冲浪运动员 |
[24:57] | And now you can surf. I mean… | 现在你可以重新冲浪了 我的意思是 |
[24:59] | I was doing something for the greater good here. | 我这么做是为了你好啊 |
[25:02] | Screw you, Raj. | 去你的 罗杰 |
[25:04] | – Ivy! – Enjoy the picnic! | -艾薇 -你自己一个人野餐吧 |
[25:23] | Oh, thank you, Manny. | 谢谢 曼尼 |
[25:25] | – A martini for you. – Mmm. Just what I needed. | -您的马提尼 -我正等着呢 |
[25:32] | We’re going to have two New York steaks, medium rare, | 两份纽约牛排 五成熟 |
[25:35] | and a side of creamed spinach. | 外加一份奶油菠菜 |
[25:37] | Would you like a baked potato with that? | 还要配上烤马铃薯吗 |
[25:38] | – Sure. – Sour cream and chives and butter? | -当然 -酸奶 香葱 黄油都要吗 |
[25:41] | Just bring it on. | 都要 |
[25:45] | That’s what Bette Davis used to order. | 都是贝蒂·戴维斯过去常点的菜 |
[25:48] | You ate with Bette Davis? | 你和贝蒂·戴维斯一起吃过饭吗 |
[25:50] | No. | 没有 |
[25:51] | How old do you think I am? | 你觉得我有那么老吗 |
[25:52] | Don’t answer that. | 不要回答这个问题 |
[25:54] | When I first started coming here | 在六十年代 我第一次过来时 |
[25:55] | in the ’60s, this place was already a legend. | 这个地方就已经是个传奇了 |
[25:58] | That’s why we liked it. | 那就是我们喜欢这里的原因 |
[26:00] | We were fascinated with Old Hollywood. | 我们对那时的好莱坞非常着迷 |
[26:02] | – Oh, me, too. – So I gather. | -我也一样 -所以我带你来了 |
[26:05] | I didn’t mean… | 我不是说 |
[26:06] | Oh, Annie, I’m just teasing you. | 安妮 我开玩笑的 |
[26:09] | So you used to come here with Peter Fonda? | 你曾经常常和彼得·方达一起来这吗 |
[26:12] | Sure, sure. | 当然当然 |
[26:13] | But everyone came here. Cassavetes and I | 每个人都来这 卡萨维茨和我 |
[26:15] | used to split an egg salad sandwich | 过去常一起分吃一份鸡蛋沙拉三明治 |
[26:17] | and plot how we were going to make the leap | 还一起讨论 我们要怎么才能 |
[26:19] | from theater to film. | 从剧院演出跨越到电影 |
[26:21] | You hung out with John Cassavetes? | 你还和约翰·卡萨维茨在一起玩过吗 |
[26:23] | Sure, I did. | 是的 |
[26:25] | It was an interesting time. | 那时可真有趣啊 |
[26:28] | Oh, the stories I could tell you. | 我可以把那些故事讲给你听 |
[26:30] | Please tell them. | 一定要告诉我 |
[26:31] | Tell me everything. Teach me. | 告诉我所有的事情 教我 |
[26:35] | Excuse me. Oh, it’s just my mom. | 不好意思 是我妈妈的电话 |
[26:37] | I’ll press “Ignore.” | 我把电话挂了 |
[26:39] | What? Don’t ignore your mother. | 什么 不要挂你妈妈的电话 |
[26:41] | Oh, it’s no big deal. | 没关系的 |
[26:42] | You’re going to learn from me? | 你如果要跟我学的话 |
[26:43] | Lesson one: | 第一课 |
[26:45] | Don’t ignore your mother. | 不要忽视你妈妈 |
[26:48] | Okay. I’ll be right back. | 好吧 我就回来 |
[26:51] | Hi, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[26:52] | No, I’m good. | 不 我不错 |
[26:54] | I’m great, actually. | 事实上 我很好 |
[27:25] | Hi! Are you Christopher Smith? | 您好 您是克里斯托夫·史密斯吗 |
[27:28] | I am. | 是的 |
[27:29] | You must be Erin Silver. | 你是艾莲·西福尔 |
[27:31] | I’m sorry. Hi. | 不好意思 你好 |
[27:34] | Nice to meet you. | 真高兴见到您 |
[27:35] | You can call me Silver, by the way. All my friends do. | 您可以叫我小银 我朋友都这么叫我 |
[27:37] | Not that I think that we’re friends, | 我不是说 我们就是朋友 |
[27:38] | but I hope that we will be. | 我希望我们会成为朋友 |
[27:39] | Anyway, I’m so sorry I’m late. | 总之 很对不起 我迟到了 |
[27:41] | It’s all right. I’m glad I waited. | 没关系 很庆幸我还等着 |
[27:43] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[27:43] | I ran out of gas, and then I ran. | 我的车没油了 我跑过来的 |
[27:45] | – You ran? – Nearly a mile. | -你跑过来的 -几乎跑了一英里 |
[27:47] | I felt like I was in Run, Lola, Run. | 就像是 《罗拉快跑》 里面似的 |
[27:49] | Certainly got the hair for it. | 你的发型也像 |
[27:50] | – You a fan of that movie? – I loved it. | -你喜欢电影吗 -大爱电影啊 |
[27:52] | Well, I mean, I’m a Tom Twyker fan in general. | 总之 我是汤姆·提克威的粉丝 |
[27:55] | I liked Perfume a lot, and I thought the movie | 很喜欢《香水》这部电影 |
[27:57] | was better than the book. | 我觉得电影拍得比原著好 |
[27:58] | And now, Twyker is directing Cloud Atlas, | 现在提克威在执导《云图》 |
[28:01] | and that’s going to be one tough book to top. | 那可以说是最难读懂的一本书了 |
[28:03] | – You read Cloud Atlas? – More like I devoured it! | -你读过《云图》 -简直如饥似渴啊 |
[28:07] | You know what’s weird? | 你知道最诡异的是什么吗 |
[28:08] | David Mitchell wrote a novel called Black Swan Green, right? | 大卫·米切尔写了一本书叫《绿野黑天鹅》 |
[28:11] | And the star of Black Swan, the movie, is Natalie Portman, | 电影《黑天鹅》的主演是娜塔丽·波特曼 |
[28:14] | who I hear is supposed to be starring in Cloud Atlas. | 我听说她可能会出演《云图》 |
[28:16] | That is interesting. | 有点意思啊 |
[28:20] | What did you think of Black Swan? | 你觉得《黑天鹅》 怎么样 |
[28:22] | Well, normally, I am not such an Aronofsky fan… | 大多数情况 我都对阿伦诺夫斯基不太感冒 |
[28:24] | He’s a little too melodramatic for my taste… | 他对我来说 有些太夸张太戏剧化了 |
[28:26] | But in this case, I thought | 但是这部片子 |
[28:27] | the melodrama totally suited the story. | 他的夸张和戏剧化很适合这个故事 |
[28:29] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[28:32] | This place is so beautiful. Everything’s so old. | 这个地方真漂亮 所有东西都很古老 |
[28:38] | I said “Everything,” Not “Everyone.” | 我指的是东西 不是人 |
[28:40] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[28:42] | I’m sorry? | 不好意思 |
[28:44] | How dare you just sit right next to me?! | 你竟敢就这样坐在我前面 |
[28:47] | Marla… | 玛拉 |
[28:49] | What are you, a stalker or something? | 你是谁 跟踪狂什么的吗 |
[28:51] | What? It’s me, Annie. | 什么 我是安妮 |
[28:53] | I work for you. | 我为你工作的 |
[28:54] | I’ve been cleaning your house, and I’m organizing your things…? | 我打扫你的房子 整理你的东西 |
[29:01] | Annie… | 安妮 |
[29:03] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[29:05] | Getting old is a bitch, Annie. | 安妮 岁月不饶人啊 |
[29:19] | Anyway, Cassavetes, he was a real character, all right. | 不管怎样 卡萨维茨是个真正的大人物 |
[29:24] | He started out as an actor, you know. | 他一开始是演员 |
[29:26] | Not just any old type of actor. A method actor. | 不是旧式的演员 是演技派演员 |
[29:28] | Which would have been fine | 他的演技很好 |
[29:29] | except for the type of roles that he played. | 但不适合他饰演的角色 |
[29:36] | So it all comes down to this final question worth ten points. | 最后一题决胜负 分值十分 |
[29:40] | West Beverly, if you are correct, | 西比弗利高中 如果你们答对了 |
[29:42] | you will be victorious, | 就是你们胜出 |
[29:44] | but if you are wrong, we will have | 如果你们答错了 |
[29:45] | a new state champion on our hands. | 那我们今年就有一个新的冠军了 |
[29:48] | Saint Barthélemy, otherwise known as “St. Barts,” | 圣巴托洛缪岛 也叫圣巴茨 |
[29:51] | is a Caribbean island owned by the French. | 是法国位于加勒比海的小岛 |
[29:54] | In St. Barts’ coat of arms, | 在圣巴茨的盾形纹章上 |
[29:55] | what non-French language appears in the bottom banner? | 底部绶带上出现的文字是什么语言 |
[29:59] | You have thirty seconds. | 你们有三十秒钟的时间 |
[30:00] | Oh, I know this one! | 这题我知道 |
[30:02] | – Naomi, come on. – No, | -娜欧米 拜托 -不 |
[30:03] | I used to vacation there all the time, okay? | 我曾经在那里度假 |
[30:05] | This one time, I was hanging out | 有一次 我在半裸着 |
[30:06] | on the beach topless waiting for my masseuse. | 在沙滩等我的按摩师 |
[30:07] | – Naomi… – No, hear me out, okay? | -娜欧米 -不 听我说完 好吗 |
[30:09] | Being topless is not a big deal because my regular masseuse | 半裸没什么的 因为我指定的按摩师 |
[30:12] | is Pierre, and he’s totally gay. | 是皮尔 他是同性恋 |
[30:13] | But this Olaf guy shows up. | 但是来的是一个叫奥拉夫的人 |
[30:15] | Blonde, beefy, totally straight. | 金发 健壮 直男 |
[30:16] | So I threw a fit, right? | 我对换人当然不满意 |
[30:18] | But eventually we start talking. | 但是到最后我们开始谈话 |
[30:19] | And I asked him how some guy named Olaf ends up | 我问他加勒比海地区 |
[30:22] | in the Caribbean, | 怎么会有人叫奥拉夫 |
[30:24] | and he tells me how his ancestors settled there years ago. | 他就告诉我 他祖先在很久前在这定居 |
[30:26] | And he said… I remember clear as day… that the island | 我记得很清楚 他说 这个岛 |
[30:30] | used to be a Swedish colony. And so, the answer is Swedish. | 曾是瑞典的殖民地 所以答案是瑞典语 |
[30:34] | What about an era the island was inhabited by indigenous peoples? | 这个岛可是被土著居民占据了一个世纪 |
[30:36] | I say Amerindian. | 答案应该是美洲印第安语 |
[30:38] | Agreed. there’s historical precedence for this. | 没错 我们应该优先考虑史实 |
[30:40] | Amerindian. | 就是美洲印第安语 |
[30:41] | It doesn’t make sense. It’s swedish, Max. | 不可能 答案是瑞典语 麦克斯 |
[30:44] | Five seconds. | 还有五秒钟 |
[30:47] | That would be, uh… | 嗯.. 是… |
[30:51] | That would be… | 答案是… |
[30:53] | That… That would be Swedish. | 答案是… 瑞典语 |
[30:57] | That would be… | 回答 |
[30:59] | Incorrect! | 错误 |
[31:00] | The correct answer is Amerindian. | 正确答案是美洲印第安语 |
[31:03] | Congratulations, Dominguez Hills High, | 恭喜多明戈斯山高中 |
[31:06] | our new state champion! | 新的州冠军诞生了 |
[31:11] | Thanks for nothing. | 多谢帮忙 |
[31:21] | There you go. | 味道不错吧 |
[31:25] | Hey. So how’d it go? | 面试怎么样 |
[31:26] | Amazing! I just had the best interview that you could possibly imagine. | 完美 你都不知道我们聊得有多开心 |
[31:31] | I mean, seriously, imagine the best interview ever. | 真的 比之前所有完美的面试 |
[31:33] | Mine was better! | 还要无懈可击 |
[31:35] | That sounds great. | 那挺好的 |
[31:37] | It was beyond great! | 完美得不能再完美了 |
[31:38] | It was… It was stupendous, Navid. | 真的太棒了 纳维 |
[31:40] | Me and this… this alumni guy, Christopher, | 我和纽约大学的克里斯托夫 |
[31:42] | we just… we sat down and talked for hours! | 坐在一起聊了好久 |
[31:46] | I’m going to NYU! Seriously, I nailed it. | 我能上纽约大学了 我成功了 |
[31:48] | I got to go. I’m gonna call you back later. | 我先挂了 回头打给你 |
[31:50] | I have so much stuff to do. Okay, bye. | 还有很多事 挂了先 |
[32:04] | Leave a message. | 请留言 |
[32:06] | Hi, Christopher. Uh, this is Erin Silver. | 克里斯托夫你好 我是艾莲·西福尔 |
[32:09] | I just wanted to call and say what a pleasure it was to meet you today. | 我想说今天能见到你真是太开心了 |
[32:12] | I mean, you really inspired me, like… | 真是受益匪浅 |
[32:16] | Anyway, thank you. | 真的谢谢你 |
[32:17] | Um, I hope that I talk to you soon. Bye. | 希望有机会还能再聊 再见 |
[32:33] | Leave a message. | 请留言 |
[32:35] | Christopher, me again. | 克里斯托夫 还是我 |
[32:36] | Hey. Um, got another question for you. | 有个问题想问你 |
[32:39] | I was thinking about NYU, and I need your opinion. | 我想听听你的意见 关于纽约大学的 |
[32:41] | Do I need to live in a dorm, | 我是住学生宿舍呢 |
[32:42] | or should I just live somewhere off campus? | 还是在学校附近租房子呢 |
[32:45] | Let me know. thanks. Bye. | 给我回个话吧 谢谢 再见 |
[32:55] | Leave a message. | 请留言 |
[32:56] | Hey, Christopher, uh, it’s Silver again. | 克里斯托夫 还是我 |
[32:57] | Hey, look, I just had another thought. | 我还有一个想法 |
[32:59] | And it’s about, uh, Black Swan, which is what we were talking about today. | 是关于咱们今天一直在讨论的《黑天鹅》 |
[33:01] | And, by the way, that was just the coolest thing to meet you. | 顺便说一句 这是整个面试中最爽的事儿了 |
[33:03] | I know I already said that, but anyway… | 虽然我已经说过了 不过 |
[33:05] | Black Swan… Okay, you know how when Nina | 在《黑天鹅》里 您知道妮娜是 |
[33:06] | is looking at her doppelganger in that one scene where she’s, | 什么时候开能出现幻觉的 是那个场景 |
[33:09] | like, in the dance studio looking in the mirror? | 就是在舞蹈教室照镜子的时候吗 |
[33:10] | I don’t really understand how they shot that. | 真不懂他们是怎么拍得 |
[33:12] | And, by the way, the whole Black Swan thing… | 还有 整部电影… |
[33:35] | Ivy Sullivan does it again. | 艾薇·苏利文再一次完美表现 |
[33:37] | Gnarly wave, Ms. Sullivan. | 好大的浪啊 苏利文小姐 |
[34:00] | – Hey. nice ride out there. – Thanks. | -表现不错 -谢谢 |
[34:05] | Hey, Ivy. | 你好 艾薇 |
[34:06] | Tyler Crawford. I’m with Hurley. | 我是泰勒·克劳福德 和赫尔利一起来的 |
[34:09] | Are you sponsored? | 你是职业选手吗 |
[34:10] | No. no, I just, um… | 不 不是 |
[34:12] | You know, like, school tournaments and stuff. | 我只是参加一些学校的比赛 |
[34:14] | I have a feeling that’s going to change soon. | 估计用不了多久你就可以进职业队了 |
[34:16] | You’re good. like, real good. | 你真的很强 |
[34:19] | We’ll be in contact. | 有机会再联系 |
[34:20] | Okay, cool. Thanks, man. | 好 再会 |
[34:32] | Hey, Raj. | 罗杰 |
[34:39] | You’re here. | 你来啦 |
[34:41] | So are you. | 你也来了 |
[34:43] | I watched you. | 我一直关注你呢 |
[34:45] | You were awesome. | 你的表现太棒了 |
[34:47] | Yeah… I was okay. | 还可以吧 |
[34:49] | And I was stupid. you were right. | 你说得对 我的确很傻 |
[34:51] | Yeah, well, maybe it was a good stupid thing you did. | 可你这个傻子却做了件好事 |
[34:55] | Really? | 是吗 |
[34:56] | I guess. | 恩 |
[34:57] | I mean, yeah, I was scared this morning, but… | 今天早晨我还挺害怕的 不过… |
[35:00] | I knew I could do it, so I just said, | 我知道自己没问题 所以我对自己说 |
[35:02] | “Screw you, fear,” and I did it. | 有什么可怕的 然后我就做到了 |
[35:07] | Would it be sappy of me to say that I am proud of you? | 我要是说”我以你为荣”是不是太煽情了 |
[35:10] | Yeah, maybe a little bit. | 有点吧 |
[35:12] | Well, I don’t care. | 无所谓 |
[35:12] | – I’m proud of you. – Thanks. | -我以你为荣 -谢谢 |
[35:14] | I’m sorry, Ivy. | 艾薇 对不起 |
[35:15] | I’m really sorry. | 真心说抱歉 |
[35:18] | Seriously, Raj, next time you fake me out like that, | 罗杰 如果下次你再吓唬我的话 |
[35:18] | I’m going to let you drown. | 就让你淹死得了 |
[35:19] | Oh, yeah? | 真的吗 |
[35:19] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[35:20] | Actually, I’m going to make you drown. | 应该是我想办法淹死你 |
[35:22] | I’m going to drown you like you’re some little kitten or something. | 不费吹灰之力就淹死你 |
[35:34] | Hey. you want a ride to school? | 要不要我送你去学校 |
[35:36] | Oh, I’m actually already at Marla’s. | 我还在玛拉这儿 |
[35:38] | I have first period off, | 已经完成了第一阶段的工作 |
[35:39] | so I thought I’d get a few hours in. | 所以还得再待一几个小时吧 |
[35:42] | Okay. How is she doing? | 她怎么样了 |
[35:43] | Better. better. | 好多了 |
[35:45] | I don’t know what yesterday was, | 不知道她昨天什么情况 |
[35:46] | but she seems to be herself again. | 不过貌似恢复正常了 |
[35:49] | She’s pretty amazing, you know. | 她的确是实力派 |
[35:51] | I was watching one of her old movies online last night, | 昨晚我在网上看了她演的电影 |
[35:54] | and she totally blew me away. | 对她的演技佩服得五体投地 |
[35:56] | Well, that’s cool. | 那么厉害 |
[35:57] | She is pretty cool. | 她是挺厉害的 |
[36:00] | Well, good. I’m glad you guys are bonding. | 看来你们相处得不错 |
[36:01] | I’m a lot less jealous than I would be if it was George Clooney. | 如果是乔治·克鲁尼的话我可要吃醋了 |
[36:03] | See you at school? | 学校见吧 |
[36:04] | – All right. I’ll see you later. – Bye. | -好的 一会见 -再见 |
[36:26] | In third place, Amy Armstrong. | 季军得主 艾米·阿姆斯特朗 |
[36:29] | In second place, Sabrina Finnegan. | 亚军是萨布里娜·芬尼根 |
[36:32] | And in first place, Ivy Sullivan! | 冠军就是艾薇·苏利文 |
[36:46] | Hello? | 您好 |
[36:47] | Dr. Harris’s office. | 哈里斯医生办公室 |
[36:49] | Hi. Um, this is Raj Kher. | 你好 我是罗杰·凯尔 |
[36:53] | And, um, I’m calling because I wanted to schedule my post-chemo checkup. | 我想预约时间做化疗后的复查 |
[36:58] | Okay, it says here you were due for a checkup two months ago. | 记录显示两个月前你就应该来复查了 |
[37:01] | We’ve been calling you every week. | 我们每周都在给你打电话 |
[37:03] | Yeah, I know. Um… | 我知道 |
[37:05] | And I’ve been avoiding your calls every week. | 我一直都不接你们电话 |
[37:09] | But, uh… | 不过 |
[37:12] | I think I’m ready now. | 我不想再逃避了 |
[37:46] | Look, I’m really sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[37:48] | I made a mess out of everything this weekend. | 事情全让我给搞砸了 |
[37:51] | I’m an idiot, as if you didn’t already know that. | 我就是个白痴 现在你应该很清楚了吧 |
[37:53] | You’re not an idiot. | 你不是白痴 |
[37:56] | Um, there’s something I have to tell you. | 有些话想跟你说 |
[38:00] | Um, after the Invitational, | 那天比赛结束之后 |
[38:02] | there’s this famous party that takes place at the hotel. | 大家在酒店办了一个著名的派对 |
[38:05] | I went to it, | 我也去了 |
[38:07] | and… and it was pretty nuts. | 确实挺疯狂的 |
[38:10] | There were a lot of girls there, you know. | 女孩子也不少 |
[38:12] | I mean, just acting wild and blowing off steam. | 举止乖张 喧嚣吵闹 |
[38:18] | And… | 嗯… |
[38:21] | Well, I was surrounded by all these girls… | 那些女孩围着我转 |
[38:26] | But all I could think about was you. | 可我心里想的只有你 |
[38:30] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[38:32] | Really. | 真的 |
[38:34] | I want to be with you, Naomi. | 我想和你在一起 娜欧米 |
[38:38] | And I’m sick of all this sneaking around, too. | 我也受够了偷偷摸摸的恋情 |
[38:42] | You’re my girl. | 你是我的女人 |
[38:44] | And I want everyone to know that. | 我想光明正大地在一起 |
[38:53] | What do you say? | 你同意吗 |
[38:56] | You want to be my, like… official girlfriend? | 你愿意做我的正牌女友吗 |
[39:01] | I know, with my track record, | 鉴于比赛时我的表现 |
[39:03] | you may not believe me, | 你可能不会相信我了 |
[39:04] | but I happen to know the answer to this question. | 可我正好知道这个问题的答案 |
[39:10] | As long as you don’t say Swedish. | 只要你不说瑞典人 |
[39:12] | The answer is, “Hell, yes.” | 答案就是 我愿意 |