| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:00] | THIS FILM IS BASED ON A TRUE STORY | 这是一个真实的故事 | 
| [00:03] | All right, everybody, that’s the last we’re going to talk about | 好了 这是今天我们最后讲的 | 
| [00:05] | Our home state of utah today. | 我们的家乡 犹他 | 
| [00:06] | Beyond The Blackboard | 讲台深处 | 
| [00:08] | I have something special… | 我给你们准备了些特别的… | 
| [00:09] | I always wanted to be a teacher. | 一直以来我都想做一名教师 | 
| [00:11] | I loved the giant pull-Down maps | 我喜欢大大的地图挂图 | 
| [00:14] | And the way brand-New textbooks smelled. | 我爱新书散发的迷人香味 | 
| [00:17] | …quiz. Hope you studied up. | 小测验 希望你们都复习了 | 
| [00:21] | I know you did, miss stacey. | 我知道你肯定复习了 Stacey小姐 | 
| [00:24] | I loved writing my name at the top of the page, | 我喜欢把名字写在卷子的上方 | 
| [00:26] | As though i was someone who counted. | 活像是个很重要的人 | 
| [00:28] | …and some of the other planets, as well. | 还有一些别的星球 | 
| [00:31] | All right, everybody, Here is a picture of earth from outer space. | 好了 这是从太空照的地球的照片 | 
| [00:37] | This is a picture of mars. | 这是火星 | 
| [00:39] | School was the safe place where i had a glimpse of who i wanted to be. | 学校是个很安全的地方 让我窥察未来所要成为的人 | 
| [00:43] | This is a picture of our solar system way, | 这是我们的太阳系 | 
| [00:45] | – Way out in space. – I don’t punch a clock! | – 在遥远的太空中 – 是谁天天辛苦地去工作 | 
| [00:48] | I don’t get out at 5:00 and rush on home to my wife, | 是谁每天5点就出门 一下班就回家 | 
| [00:52] | Who doesn’t even cook anymore! | 是谁连饭都不再做了 | 
| [00:53] | ??? | |
| [00:56] | – ?? – They don’t give me overtime! It’s salary! What do you want me to do?! | 他们不给加班 只有工资 你还想我怎么样 | 
| [01:00] | – I don’t play all… – Then come home and help! | – 我没有把… – 你可以回家帮忙 | 
| [01:16] | Hey, stacey, good luck. | 嗨 Stacey 祝你好运 | 
| [01:20] | Hey, girl. | 嗨 | 
| [01:30] | I always loved school. | 一直以来我都很喜欢学校 | 
| [01:33] | And at 16… | 然而在我16岁的时候 | 
| [01:36] | I quit. | 我退学了 | 
| [01:44] | EIGHT YEARS LATER | 八年后 | 
| [01:48] | SALT LAKE CITY January 1987 | 盐湖城 1987年1月 | 
| [01:52] | You graduated u of u in december? | 你12月份从犹他大学毕业? | 
| [01:55] | – Yes, sir. – You did well, Ms. Bess, | – 是的 先生 – 你成绩很好 Bess女士 | 
| [01:57] | But i can see it took you a long time to do it. | 但看得出来 这花了你很长时间 | 
| [02:00] | Uh, well, uh, my high school sweetheart and i married young, | 我和我高中时的恋人很早就结了婚 | 
| [02:03] | And i quit school. But once i got my g.E.D., everything moved very quickly. | 然后我就退学了 但后来我通过高中学力测试 大学的课程学习进展就很快了 | 
| [02:07] | Though juggling college and family | 虽然大学课程与家庭两头兼顾 | 
| [02:09] | Required some flexibility. | 需要点灵活性 | 
| [02:12] | As you know, there’s not many jobs for someone just out of school. | 你知道 没有多少职位是招聘刚毕业的人 | 
| [02:17] | Are you prepared to teach one through six? | 你能教一到六年级的学生吗 | 
| [02:20] | – Yes, sir. – Every grade- One through six? | – 当然了 先生 – 每个年级都要 一到六 | 
| [02:25] | Yes, absolutely. | 是的 当然了 | 
| [02:28] | I like your enthusiasm, I do. | 我很欣赏你的热情 真的 | 
| [02:30] | I need enthusiasm. I need somebody who loves to teach. | 我正需要这种热情 我需要热爱教学的人 | 
| [02:33] | Well, i… i have wanted to be a teacher ever since i can remember. | 从记事起我就想做一名教师了 | 
| [02:36] | – And i’m ready. – Our term started January 5. | – 而且我已经准备好了 – 我们一月五号开学 | 
| [02:38] | We’re already two weeks into the semester. | 这学期已经开始了两星期了 | 
| [02:40] | If i assign you this class, | 如果我录用你 | 
| [02:41] | I’m going to need your unqualified commitment for the rest of the school year. | 你得保证会教完一学年 | 
| [02:46] | – Of course. – You’ll have to start tomorrow. Can you do that? | – 当然了 – 明天就得上岗 你能行吗 | 
| [02:49] | That’s fine. Yes, absolutely. | 没问题 当然了 | 
| [02:51] | Here’s the address. | 这是地址 | 
| [02:54] | – What school is it? – Uh, it doesn’t have a name. | – 这是个什么学校 – 它没有名字 | 
| [02:56] | It’s a new proogram for homeless students. | 这是一个帮助流浪儿童学习的项目 | 
| [03:00] | – Oh, that’s wonderful. – Yeah, it is. | – 哦 那太好了 – 是啊 | 
| [03:03] | For personal reasons, our teacher needed some time off. | 由于某些个人原因 我们的老师需要休息一段时间 | 
| [03:06] | You’ll report to the substitute, ms. Trumble, | 明早9点 | 
| [03:08] | At 9:00 tomorrow. | 你到代课老师Trumble夫人那报道吧 | 
| [03:11] | Congratulations, ms. Bess. | 恭喜你 Bess女士 | 
| [03:13] | – That’s it? – That’s it. | – 就这样? – 就这样 | 
| [03:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [03:28] | BUILDING BLOCKS ELEMENRTARY FOURTH GRADE | 小学四年级 | 
| [03:39] | GEOGRA PHY GRAMMAR REVIEW MUSIC APPP?? | 地理 语法复习 乐器 | 
| [03:53] | I’m done! | 我做完啦 | 
| [03:54] | Hey, you ask her. | 嗨 你去问她 | 
| [03:57] | – Hey. – Finished. | – 嗨 – 做完啦 | 
| [04:00] | Did you understand everything in your homework? | 作业里的你都明白了? | 
| [04:02] | – Can brandon and i play now? – Please? | – 我和Brandon现在能去玩了吗 – 求您啦 | 
| [04:05] | In 33 minutes, It’s bathtub and pjs. | 33分钟后洗澡上床 | 
| [04:09] | Okay! Come on, come on! | 好的 快来 快来 | 
| [04:32] | Hey, everybody, i’m home. | 嗨 我回来啦 | 
| [04:33] | Daddy’s home. | 爸爸回来啦 | 
| [04:35] | Here’s your glasses. | 给你眼镜 | 
| [04:38] | Put your pjs on, okay? | 穿上睡衣 号码 | 
| [04:40] | – I’m freezing! – “Harry laughed as he chased the bubbles. | – 我要冻死了 – “Harry追赶着泡泡 放声大笑” | 
| [04:42] | “More of them scooped up his cars and his planes and his shoes. | “泡泡越来越多 把他的车 飞机和鞋子都吸了进去” | 
| [04:46] | “Bloop went his books, | “噗 他的书飞了起来” | 
| [04:47] | And bloop went his whirligigs. | “噗 他的陀螺飞了起来” | 
| [04:50] | “And then all of a sudden, a giant bubble blooped | “突然 一个巨大的泡泡噗地一声…” | 
| [04:53] | – “And swept up… – Horsey! – …horsey, and it carried him up and away. “ | – “把…” – “把Horsey吸了进去 带他越飘越远” | 
| [04:58] | – There he goes into space. – Aww… | – “他就这样飞到了太空” – 啊 | 
| [04:59] | One day, i’ll be in space. | 我以后也要飞去太空 | 
| [05:02] | Mom, are you nervous about tomorrow? | 妈妈 明天就要去教书了 你紧张吗 | 
| [05:04] | No, i’m not nervous. You know why? | 不 我不紧张 知道为什么吗 | 
| [05:06] | Because i’m well prepared, and when we’re well prepared | 因为我已经准备好了 当我们好好准备 | 
| [05:08] | And we work hard, | 努力工作的时候 | 
| [05:09] | Then we can be confident. | 我们就会很自信 | 
| [05:12] | Mwah! Good night. I love you. | 晚安 爱你 | 
| [05:36] | All right, which hand? | 好啦 猜猜是哪只手 | 
| [05:37] | – Hmm? – Which hand? | – 嗯? – 哪只手? | 
| [05:40] | Oh, fun. Um, | 哦 有意思 | 
| [05:41] | Left. | 左手 | 
| [05:43] | No, right, right, right, right. | 不 右手 右手 | 
| [05:44] | Actually, it’s so big, it’s in both. | 其实它太大了 两只手里都有 | 
| [05:47] | What is this? | 这是什么 | 
| [05:50] | – It’s to keep your papers in. – It’s so teacher-Y. Thank you! – Mm-Hmm. | – 这是给你放卷子的 – 这太有老师范了 谢谢 | 
| [05:55] | My- My second grade teacher, mrs. Linsky, had one of those, | 我二年级的老师 Linsky夫人 就有一个 | 
| [05:58] | And, uh… she was the woman of my dreams. | 而且她是我的梦中情人 | 
| [06:00] | – Oh, really? – Yeah, until i met you. | – 哦 真的吗 – 是啊 直到遇到了你 | 
| [06:04] | Hey. | 嗨 | 
| [06:06] | You’re going to do great tomorrow. | 你明天一定会表现得很棒的 | 
| [06:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [06:29] | 600 South St Downtown Railyand??? side of TRACKS | 南路600号 铁路一侧 | 
| [07:37] | Are you lost? | 迷路了吗 | 
| [07:38] | Where you trying to get to? | 你想要去哪儿 | 
| [07:48] | Excuse me. I’m- I’m… | 打扰一下 我…我想去 | 
| [07:50] | Looking for 600 south street. | 南路600号 | 
| [07:53] | You the new teacher? | 你就是新来的老师? | 
| [07:54] | – Yes. – You’re in the right place. | – 是 – 这就是你要找的地方 | 
| [07:56] | I got the teacher. | 老师在这儿 | 
| [07:58] | Why’s she driving away from me? | 她怎么没理我呢 | 
| [08:00] | Park it right there. | 把车停在那儿吧 | 
| [08:01] | Ha! | |
| [08:15] | Hey, what’s with the wire cage? | 嗨 那个铁丝盒是干什么的 | 
| [08:17] | That’s to put the kids’ papers in. | 那是用来放孩子们的卷子的 | 
| [08:19] | ‘Cause it ain’t big enough to hold my kid. | 它不够大 装不下我的孩子 | 
| [08:21] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 | 
| [08:22] | – Uh, stacey. – You look awful young, stace. | – 你看起来太年轻了 Stace | 
| [08:25] | – How old are you? – She looks like she’s 16. | – 你多大了 – 她看起来像16 | 
| [08:28] | – 17, tops. – I’m 24. | – 最多17 – 我24了 | 
| [08:29] | What are your credentials? | 你的资格证书呢 | 
| [08:31] | – We gotta know your credentials if you’re going to teach our kids. – Well, this is my first… | – 如果你要教我们的孩子 就得给我们看看你的资格证书 – 这是我第一次… | 
| [08:32] | Based on the book “Nobody Don’t Love Nobody” by Stacy Bess | 改编自Stacy Bess “Nobody Don’t Love Nobody” | 
| [08:35] | – What? What’d she say? – What’d you say, stacey? | – 什么 她说什么 – 你说什么 Stacey? | 
| [08:37] | I… this is my first job. | 我…这是我的第一份工作 | 
| [08:38] | Ah, well, at least she’s honest. | 至少她还诚实 | 
| [08:40] | Honey, you ain’t got nowheres to go but up. | 亲爱的 你别无选择啊 | 
| [08:42] | Joe, why don’t you escort the lady to school? | Joe 你把这位女士送到学校吧 | 
| [08:44] | – This way. – I like your shoes. | – 这边 – 我喜欢你的鞋 | 
| [08:48] | Step aside, folks. Teacher coming through. | 靠边 各位 老师要过去 | 
| [08:52] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 | 
| [08:55] | – Ugh! – Oh! | |
| [08:58] | Step aside. Teacher coming through. | 靠边 让老师过去 | 
| [09:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [09:03] | – Right this way. Excuse me. – Papi. – Thank you. | – 这边 让一下 – 爸爸 – 谢谢 | 
| [09:06] | – Let’s set some ground rules here. – Hey, johnny! | – 我们定下规矩 – 嗨 Johnny | 
| [09:08] | Yeah? | 怎么了 | 
| [09:10] | We got our teacher. | 老师来了 | 
| [09:12] | Thank you, joe. Thank you. | 谢谢你 Joe 谢谢 | 
| [09:14] | Look, i don’t like to judge a book by its cover… | 你看 我不喜欢以貌取人 | 
| [09:16] | But there’s no tolerance for drug use. | 但这儿决不允许吸毒 | 
| [09:19] | No drugs, no booze, | 不许吸毒 不许酗酒 | 
| [09:21] | No exceptions. | 没有例外 | 
| [09:23] | You’re high, you’re out. | 一旦违例 绝不收留 | 
| [09:26] | Am i understood? | 听懂了吗 | 
| [09:28] | – We’re clean. – We’re good. | – 我们不吸毒 – 没问题 | 
| [09:31] | – Hi. I’m johnny. | – Hi. – 嗨 我是Johnny – 嗨 | 
| [09:33] | Joe, would you please find ms. Trumble? Thank you. | Joe 能帮我找一下Trumble夫人吗 谢谢 | 
| [09:35] | Excuse me. My- My name is stacey bess. I’m supposed to report to a school. | 我叫Stacey Bess 我是来学校报到的 | 
| [09:38] | Are you in charge here? | 这归你管吗 | 
| [09:40] | I don’t know if i’d call it in charge, | 我不知道这算不算是归我管 | 
| [09:42] | But i’m here and you’re here | 但我就在这儿 而你也在这儿 | 
| [09:44] | And you’re in the right place. | 而且你没找错地方 | 
| [09:46] | – I don’t think i… – Hold that thought. | – 可我觉得… – 一会再告诉我 | 
| [09:48] | I’ll find you this afternoon. I… | 下午我再去找你 我… | 
| [09:49] | I’ve got a dozen families out there freezing that i need to process. | 外面有一打快冻死的家庭 等着我去安置呢 | 
| [09:53] | May i use your phone? | 我能用一下你的电话吗 | 
| [09:54] | Yeah, dial nine to get out. | 当然 打电话按9 | 
| [10:07] | – Dr. Ross’s office. – Yes, dr. Ross, please. | – Ross博士的办公室 – 是的 请帮我找一下Ross博士 谢谢 | 
| [10:10] | What is this regarding? | 请问您有什么事 | 
| [10:11] | Uh, it’s regarding the fact that I’ve just reported to my first day of teaching. | 我今天第一次来学校报到当老师 | 
| [10:14] | And this is- This is not a school. | 而这儿…根本就不是个学校 | 
| [10:15] | This is a… more like a warehouse, | 这儿…更像是个仓库 | 
| [10:18] | And um, well, it’s an emergency. | 反正 这很紧急 | 
| [10:21] | Just a minute. I’ll see if i can connect you. | 稍等一分钟 我试着帮您找他 | 
| [10:24] | You’re the new teacher? | 你就是新来的老师? | 
| [10:27] | – Dr. Ross isn’t available. May i take a message? – Could we get started here? | – Ross博士不在 需要我帮您带话吗 – 我们现在可以开始了吗 | 
| [10:28] | Um, i’ll call you back, okay? | 我再给您打过去吧 好吗 | 
| [10:40] | This way. | 这边请 | 
| [10:42] | This is your classroom. | 这是你的教室 | 
| [10:47] | Um, where are the children? | 孩子们呢 | 
| [10:49] | Recess. | 休息呢 | 
| [10:53] | I’ve been begging for weeks to get somebody down here. And i… | 几周以来我一直请求能给这儿找个老师 | 
| [10:59] | The keys. | 给你钥匙 | 
| [11:01] | These will open the side door from the hall and the padlock outside. | 能开走廊侧门的和外面的挂锁 | 
| [11:05] | Keep them locked. | 一定要锁好了 | 
| [11:06] | Hello? | 你好 | 
| [11:08] | Hello! | 嗨 | 
| [11:09] | Keys. | 钥匙 | 
| [11:13] | Every morning, you do a head count. | 每天早上 你都要点一次名 | 
| [11:15] | Then you call that number for sack lunches. | 打这个号码要午餐 | 
| [11:18] | Wait an hour to do the count. They come in late. | 上课一小时后再点名 他们来得晚 | 
| [11:20] | Any spare lunches, you’re to throw away. | 有多出的饭就扔掉 | 
| [11:21] | Food services does not want the families freeloading off the lunch program. | 食物服务处的人不希望 有家庭占这午餐项目的便宜 | 
| [11:25] | There’s no principal and there’s no counselor, | 这没有校长 也没有负责人 | 
| [11:27] | So discipline is entirely up to you. | 所以一切规矩你都可以自己定 | 
| [11:29] | Wh- What about, um, johnny? | 那 那Johnny呢 | 
| [11:32] | What about him? | 他怎么了 | 
| [11:33] | He doesn’t work for the school. | 他不是学校的人 | 
| [11:34] | It’s his job to find rooms for those people, | 他只负责给那些人找住的地方 | 
| [11:36] | But there are not enough beds and there are not enough rooms, | 但这儿没有足够的房间和床 | 
| [11:38] | So half the kids slept in their cars last night. | 所以昨晚有一半的孩子 都住在他们的车里 | 
| [11:41] | When they get out of control, Try turning the lights off. | 当你管不了他们了的时候 试试把灯关了 | 
| [11:43] | Show a movie. | 放个电影 | 
| [11:45] | SHAME NAMES BECCA DANNY ALEX ROBBY | 那是批评栏 | 
| [11:45] | Those are the shame names. | 那是批评栏 | 
| [11:47] | Nobody likes to have their name on the board. | 没人愿意自己的名字出现在那上面 | 
| [11:48] | And if it gets really bad, you call the police. | 如果实在管不了 就叫警察来 | 
| [11:57] | What about books? | 那书呢 | 
| [11:59] | What books are you using? | 你们用哪些书 | 
| [12:00] | You count the kids, | 你只要点名 | 
| [12:02] | You get some lunch in their bellies, | 给他们喂饱了 | 
| [12:03] | You keep them off the street. | 让他们别到街上去就行了 | 
| [12:04] | If you want books, there are some there. | 如果你想要书的话 那儿有一些 | 
| [12:09] | No, no, i- I mean textbooks. | 不 不是 我是说教科书 | 
| [12:11] | What’s your class plan? | 你们的教学计划是什么 | 
| [12:12] | – I made a class plan for six grades, so… – Are you are not getting this? Because i am sensing hostility | – 我给六个年级都制定了教学计划 所以… – 你是真没听懂吗 我怎么觉得你有敌意呢 | 
| [12:17] | Here, and i do not deserve hostility. | 你对我不该心怀敌意的 | 
| [12:20] | No. No, no, no, i’m not, I’m not being hostile. | 不不不 我没有 我没有对你心怀敌意 | 
| [12:22] | I mean, i don’t feel hostile. | 我是说 我没感受到敌意啊 | 
| [12:23] | Okay, i’m fine, i’m fine. | 好吧 我没事 没事 | 
| [12:26] | – Okay. – I came in as a one-Day substitute, And that turned into two weeks of living hell. | – 好吧 – 我本来只是来当一天的代课老师 结果变成了两周的人间地狱 | 
| [12:30] | There’s no support from the so-Called parents, | 那些所谓的家长 从来都不会支持你的工作 | 
| [12:31] | And the kids behave like animals. | 那些孩子就像是野兽一样 | 
| [12:33] | I’m a teacher, | 我是一名老师 | 
| [12:34] | But this is not teaching. | 但这根本就不是在教书 | 
| [12:35] | This is babysitting kids on their way to juvie. | 这是给那些要进入青春期的孩子当保姆 | 
| [12:44] | So, good luck. | 所以 祝你好运 | 
| [12:57] | SHAME NAMES BECCA DANNY ALEX | 批评栏 | 
| [13:08] | Okay, come to class, everybody! | 好了 回来上课 孩子们 | 
| [13:12] | Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding! That’s the sound of the magic bell! | 叮叮叮叮叮 那是魔法上课铃 | 
| [13:15] | Let’s go! Come on! | 快过来 快 | 
| [13:17] | Young man, put that cigarette out! | 男士 把那烟掐了 | 
| [13:19] | No, yes! I’m talking to you! Put that out right now! | 不 对 我跟你说话呢 快把那掐了 | 
| [13:23] | Thank you. Okay, come on. Let’s go. | 谢谢 好了 快进来 快 | 
| [13:24] | – Let’s go. Ladies and gentlemen, in the classroom. – Where’d the witch go? | – 快过来 女士们 先生们 到教室里来 – 那个巫婆哪去了 | 
| [13:27] | Witch took off. Clown came in. | 巫婆走了 又来了个小丑 | 
| [13:29] | Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go. | 快走 快走 | 
| [13:31] | Come on, come on, come on. | 来 来 | 
| [13:35] | My name is ms. Bess, | 我是Bess女士 | 
| [13:37] | And i will be your new teacher. | 你们的新老师 | 
| [13:41] | Hi. What’s your name? | 嗨 你叫什么 | 
| [13:43] | Maria. | |
| [13:45] | I just got here. | 我刚来的 | 
| [13:46] | Hi, maria. | 嗨 Maria | 
| [13:47] | I’m new here, too, So why don’t you have a seat? | 我也是新来的 快坐下吧 | 
| [13:49] | This is the first day for both of us. | 对我们两个来说这都是第一天 | 
| [13:52] | In your seat, please. | 请你坐在椅子上 | 
| [13:55] | Sit down in your chair. | 坐在凳子上 | 
| [14:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [14:03] | My name is ms. Bess, | 我是Bess女士 | 
| [14:05] | – And i’m your new teacher. – You already said that. | – 你们的新老师 – 你已经说过一遍了 | 
| [14:09] | I brought along a little something; | 我带来了一些东西 | 
| [14:10] | Some things so that you guys could get to know me. | 这样你们就可以开始了解我了 | 
| [14:13] | It’s a photo album. | 是个相册 | 
| [14:15] | This right here is my family. | 这是我的一家 | 
| [14:17] | My husband greg | 我丈夫Greg | 
| [14:18] | And that’s my little girl nicole, And my little boy brandon. | 那是我的女儿Nicole 我的儿子Brandon | 
| [14:22] | Is that your house? | 那是你家的房子吗 | 
| [14:24] | This? Oh, no, this- This is the lodge that we stayed at | 这个? 哦 不 这是我们冬天… | 
| [14:27] | On our winter vacation. | 度假时住的房子 | 
| [14:29] | We skied there, We went sledding, | 我们在那滑雪 还去玩雪橇 | 
| [14:31] | Made some snowmen. Does anyone else here like to make snowmen? | 堆雪人 你们有人喜欢堆雪人吗 | 
| [14:35] | Snowmen?! | 雪人?! | 
| [14:37] | What’s a snowman? | 雪人是什么 | 
| [14:39] | Um… | |
| [14:41] | Who wants to share what they did | 谁想说说自己假期的时候 | 
| [14:43] | On their holiday? | 都做了什么 | 
| [14:45] | Yes, please, share. | 好 请说吧 | 
| [14:47] | – We got to see our dad. – You did? What’s your name? | – 我们去看我爸爸了 – 真的吗 你叫什么 | 
| [14:49] | – Becca. – Becca, what fun things did you do with your dad? | – Becca 你和你爸爸做什么有趣的事了 | 
| [14:52] | We got to eat with him in jail. | 我们去监狱和他一起吃饭 | 
| [14:54] | – Did not. – Yeah, we did. | – 你才没有 – 不 我们有 | 
| [14:56] | Yeah, we did. They had tons of food. | 有 我们在一起吃饭了 那有好多吃的 | 
| [14:58] | And santa was there. | 圣诞老人也在 | 
| [14:59] | Shut your mouth! There’s no santa in jail. | 扯淡 监狱里根本就没有圣诞老人 | 
| [15:02] | – Santa claus is way too busy to go to jail. – All right, all right, all right, | – 圣诞老人太忙了 根本就没空去监狱 – 好了 好了 好了 | 
| [15:06] | Let’s, let’s continue with the story. | 我们 我们接着说故事吧 | 
| [15:08] | Uh, my story… | 我的故事… | 
| [15:12] | My story began with my love of learning. | 我很喜欢学习 | 
| [15:19] | It’s just a train. | 只是火车而已 | 
| [15:20] | It doesn’t happen that much. Mostly at night. | 这不常发生的 通常都是在半夜 | 
| [15:39] | Okay, no, no, no, it’s okay! It’s okay! Calm down! | 别这样 别这样 没事的 没事的 淡定 | 
| [15:43] | Just get back! Get back! | 往后退 后退 | 
| [15:46] | It’s a jumper! | 它跳得好高啊 | 
| [15:47] | Okay. | 好了 | 
| [15:48] | Come on, come on, come on! Go, go, go! | 快 快 快走 | 
| [15:50] | – Oh, no! – Okay, okay, okay. | – 哦 不 – 好了 好了 | 
| [15:52] | Come on, come on, come on…! | 过来 过来… | 
| [15:57] | It’s okay, it’s okay… | 没事了 没事了… | 
| [15:59] | Sit down. | 都坐下吧 | 
| [16:03] | She didn’t scream or nothing. | 她竟然没尖叫什么的 | 
| [16:26] | Sorry we couldn’t talk this morning. | 不好意思 今天早上没能和您谈谈 | 
| [16:28] | When it gets cold out there, | 天一冷 | 
| [16:30] | We get busy. | 我们就很忙 | 
| [16:32] | – So how’d it go? – Well, i put a cinder block over | – 那么 怎么样了 – 我用一块煤 | 
| [16:35] | The hole | 把地上的一个洞 | 
| [16:37] | In the floor out of which | 给堵上了 | 
| [16:39] | A rat came running when the train came through. | 火车路过的时候 一个老鼠从那个洞里跑出来了 | 
| [16:43] | And that’s just how the day started. | 这一天就那么开始了 | 
| [16:47] | Good job. | 干得好 | 
| [16:50] | How’d you do? | 怎么样 | 
| [16:54] | Terrible. | 糟透了 | 
| [16:56] | I was pathetic. I was a lady up there pretending to be a teacher. | 我太差劲了 我只是假装老师而已 | 
| [17:02] | The kids saw right through me. | 那些孩子都已经看出来了 | 
| [17:04] | Okay, one thing that absolutely does not work here | 好了 这里最于事无补的事情 | 
| [17:07] | Is wallowing in your own anxiety. | 就是自艾自怜 | 
| [17:13] | – I’m not wallowing. – It’s not a criticism, | – 我没有自艾自怜 – 我不是在批评你 | 
| [17:16] | Just an observation. | 只是说出我看到得事实 | 
| [17:21] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 | 
| [17:24] | And for the record, the kids are fascinated by you. | 顺便告诉你 孩子们都很喜欢你 | 
| [17:27] | Fascinated. I’m sure. | 很喜欢 我确定 | 
| [17:30] | You showed up, you tried all day. | 你来了 一整天都很努力 | 
| [17:33] | To these kids, it means a lot. | 对于他们来说 那很重要 | 
| [17:39] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 | 
| [18:06] | Hi, i’m home! | 嗨 我回来了 | 
| [18:08] | Mommy’s here! | 妈妈回来了 | 
| [18:10] | Mommy’s gonna go wash up, okay? | 妈妈先去洗洗脸 好吗 | 
| [18:14] | Why has mommy been crying? | 妈妈怎么哭了 | 
| [18:27] | Stace? | |
| [18:32] | It’s not what i expected. | 那跟我想象的完全不一样 | 
| [18:36] | If i go back tomorrow, it’s for one reason: | 就算我明天回去上课 也只是因为… | 
| [18:40] | I don’t want our kids to see me quit. | 我不想让我们的孩子看到我放弃 | 
| [18:50] | Hallwark? Hall of Fame | |
| [18:52] | Thank you for joining us tonight for “beyond the blackboard,” | |
| [18:55] | During the 60th anniversary year | |
| [18:58] | Of the hallmark hall of fame. | |
| [19:00] | In 1951 | |
| [19:01] | Amahl and the Night Visitors | |
| [19:02] | The very first hallmark hall of fame, | |
| [19:04] | “Amahl and the night visitors,” | |
| [19:07] | Marked the beginning of hallmark’s ongoing commitment to quality television. | |
| [19:11] | We’ve always felt that as a guest in your home, | |
| [19:14] | The hallmark hall of fame has a special responsibility | |
| [19:18] | To bring you programs you can be proud | |
| [19:20] | To share with your entire family. | |
| [19:23] | It’s our commitment to bring you programs | |
| [19:25] | That not only entertain, | |
| [19:26] | But also inspire. | |
| [19:28] | And it’s a commitment that has given us the opportunity | |
| [19:31] | To present many meaningful programs | |
| [19:34] | Featuring some of the world’s finest actors. | |
| [19:37] | So tonight, during the 60th anniversary year of the hallmark hall of fame, | |
| [19:42] | We thank you for the times you’ve invited us to be part of your evening. | |
| [19:47] | And we look forward to continue bringing you | |
| [19:50] | Our very best in the years to come. | |
| [19:56] | ?? | |
| [19:58] | ??? | |
| [20:01] | ?? | |
| [20:03] | ??? | |
| [20:07] | Mother’s day is not for celebrating moms. | |
| [20:12] | It’s for celebrating all they’ve given us. | |
| [20:15] | Wait… really?! | |
| [20:19] | You’re listening to the best station in the city. Don’t – | |
| [20:22] | – Mom. – Honey. | |
| [20:23] | The tough love… | |
| [20:24] | Keep your eye on the road. | |
| [20:28] | – …constant support… – Come on! | |
| [20:31] | Don’t worry. | |
| [20:34] | Ok. Don’t do that in your test. | |
| [20:36] | Go. Go. Turn, turn, turn, turn! | |
| [20:38] | – Sorry. – It’s ok. I think. | |
| [20:41] | …and a friendship that you’ll always share. | |
| [20:44] | Do it again. | |
| [20:54] | Mother’s day is for celebrating All our moms have given us. | |
| [21:02] | – Happy mother’s day. – I love you. | |
| [21:05] | I love you. | |
| [22:57] | That’s what hallmark cards | |
| [22:59] | Are all about. | |
| [23:02] | Hallmark cards. | |
| [23:03] | When you care enough | |
| [23:05] | To send the very best. | |
| [23:17] | ??? Nd a brief message, | 你可以留下您的姓名和电话 以及简短的留言 | 
| [23:19] | I or my assistant will get back to you promptly. | 我或我的助理会及时与您取得联系 | 
| [23:23] | Dr. Ross, this is stacey bess calling again. | Ross博士 还是我 Stacey Bess | 
| [23:26] | This is the third time that i’m calling. | 我已经是第三次给您打电话了 | 
| [23:27] | I haven’t heard back from you or anybody else regarding desks or books. | 桌子和书的事 还没有任何人给过我答复 | 
| [23:30] | We have no desks or books. | 我们根本就没有桌子 也没有书 | 
| [23:31] | So if somebody could please… | 所以如果有人能… | 
| [23:35] | …call me back. | 打给我 | 
| [23:38] | I’m okay, i’m okay. | 我没事 我没事 | 
| [23:58] | Okay, so what i want you to do is write your name at the top of the test, | 好了 把你们的名字写在卷子的上方 | 
| [24:03] | And answer as many questions as you can. | 会多少就答多少 | 
| [24:05] | Excuse me, sir, class has already started. | 不好意思 先生 我们已经开始上课了 | 
| [24:07] | Maria left her jacket. | Maria忘了她的夹克 | 
| [24:10] | Thanks, papi. | 谢谢 爸爸 | 
| [24:12] | You do well now. | 好好听话 | 
| [24:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [24:18] | Danny, grace, becca can you please try to be on time? | 你们能尽量不迟到吗? | 
| [24:21] | It’s disruptive to the rest of the class when you’re late. | 这样会打扰到其他人的 | 
| [24:23] | And please take off your hat, | 还有 请把帽子摘了 | 
| [24:24] | Danny. Thank you. | Danny 谢谢 | 
| [24:25] | Okay, | 好了 | 
| [24:27] | What we have here is a test. | 我们要来考个试 | 
| [24:30] | I want you to write your name at the top. | 把你们的名字写在卷子的上方 | 
| [24:32] | Pass them back to danny, please. | 把它传给Danny 谢谢 | 
| [24:33] | And in the blank space, How old you are. | 并且在空白的地方写上你的年龄 | 
| [24:35] | I need a pencil. | 我需要支铅笔 | 
| [24:36] | Okay, i’ll get you a pencil. | 好的 我给你拿支铅笔 | 
| [24:41] | I need a pencil, too. | 我也需要铅笔 | 
| [24:42] | Okay, maria, one moment. | 好的 Maria 等一下 | 
| [24:44] | Just pass that back. | 往后传 | 
| [24:46] | Here we go. | 好了 | 
| [24:47] | – There you are. – Thanks. | – 给你 – 谢谢 | 
| [24:49] | All right, listen up everybody. | 好了 大家听着 | 
| [24:50] | I created this test to determine your grade level, | 这次考试是为了给你们分年级的 | 
| [24:52] | So it’s very important that you answer as many questions as you can, all right? | 所以一定要会多少就答多少 好吗 | 
| [24:57] | All right, let’s begin the test… | 好了 考试… | 
| [24:59] | Now. | 开始 | 
| [25:09] | What’s up, sam? | 怎么了Sam | 
| [25:10] | My stomach hurts. | 我胃疼 | 
| [25:12] | Didn’t eat. | 没吃饭 | 
| [25:14] | Sorry, sweetie, i can’t understand you. | 不好意思 宝贝 我没听明白 | 
| [25:17] | Okay, i’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [25:18] | – Okay, – Um… sam’s hungry. | – 好了 – Sam饿了 | 
| [25:21] | Did you have breakfast? | 你们吃早饭了吗 | 
| [25:25] | Well, you know what? I actually happen | 知道吗 我口袋里碰巧 | 
| [25:27] | To have a granola bar in my pocket. | 有个谷物棒 | 
| [25:30] | So why don’t you guys share this, And then we’ll have an early lunch, | 你们先把它分了 然后我们早点吃午餐 | 
| [25:33] | Okay? | 好吗 | 
| [25:34] | Does that sound good? | 这样行吗 | 
| [25:36] | Hey, hey, come on! | 嗨 嗨 过来 | 
| [25:38] | Come on. Let’s go! | 过来 我们走 | 
| [25:39] | – Come on! – We’re taking a test. | – 走 – 我们正考试呢 | 
| [25:41] | Don’t give me lip. I said let’s go! Come on! | 别对我说唇语 我说快走 走 | 
| [25:43] | Um, excuse me. We’re taking a test right now. | 不好意思 我们正考试呢 | 
| [25:44] | And they have chores to do. | 她们还有杂活要干 | 
| [25:46] | Chores? | 杂活? | 
| [25:48] | Your children are taking a test. They’re in school. | 你的孩子正考试呢 她们在上学 | 
| [25:52] | – Who are you? – I’m the new teacher. | – 你是谁 – 我是新来的老师 | 
| [25:54] | Oh. Well, barbie, i’m the mother. Come on. I said let’s go. | 哦 小芭比 我是他们的妈妈 过来 我让你们快跟我走 | 
| [25:57] | Up now! Get your coats. | 现在 穿上衣服 | 
| [25:59] | Come on! Come on! | 快走 走 | 
| [26:02] | What am i supposed to do, huh? | 你们说我应该怎么做 | 
| [26:05] | Okay, um, | 好吧 | 
| [26:06] | You know what? Everybody, continue your tests. | 这样吧 你们继续答题 | 
| [26:08] | I’ll be right back, all right? | 我马上就回来 好吧 | 
| [26:11] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 | 
| [26:12] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 | 
| [26:14] | Uh- Uh. Step! Step! | 啊 打住 打住 | 
| [26:17] | My girls have got responsibilities. | 我的孩子在家里是有责任的 | 
| [26:19] | And it’s your responsibility as their mother to keep them in school. | 而作为她们的母亲 你的责任就是让她们上学 | 
| [26:22] | And you’d better stay out of my face! | 你最好不要让我再见到你 | 
| [26:24] | Come on, girls. | 孩子们 走 | 
| [26:25] | We’re outta here! | 我们要走了 | 
| [26:29] | Come on. Come on, what are you doing? | 快点 你干什么呢 | 
| [26:39] | What can you do? | 你又能怎么样呢 | 
| [26:43] | I’m patricia… | 我是Patricia… | 
| [26:45] | Shelter nurse. | 庇护所的护士 | 
| [26:47] | I’m stacey, the new teacher. | 我是Stacey 新来的老师 | 
| [26:49] | Yeah, i got that. | 看出来了 | 
| [26:51] | Tomorrow i’ll bring you a gamma shot. | 明天我给你打一针丙种球蛋白 | 
| [26:53] | Everybody working here gets one, What with all the nasty things going around. | 每个在这工作的人都得打一针 因为这周围净是一些不干净的东西 | 
| [26:56] | Flu, Hepatitis, tuberculosis. | 流感 肝炎 肺结核 | 
| [26:58] | Impolite-Is. | 无礼病 | 
| [27:00] | – Impol… – When people don’t know how to be polite. | – 无礼… – 人们不知道要讲礼貌 | 
| [27:03] | Oh. So when’s a good time for me to see your kids? | 那么我什么时候 方便见一下孩子们呢 | 
| [27:06] | We have a big epidemic in all the trailers. | 现在疾病很盛行 | 
| [27:08] | Head lice. | 头发还长虱子 | 
| [27:10] | Um… | |
| [27:11] | Well, we’re taking a test right now, | 我们现在正考试呢 | 
| [27:13] | So why don’t i let you know when we’re done? | 等考完了我就通知你吧 | 
| [27:14] | – Sure thing. – Okay, thanks. | – 没问题 – 好的 谢谢 | 
| [27:16] | Give me my test back! | 把卷子还给我 | 
| [27:17] | You guys, give it back! | 你们这些人 还给我 | 
| [27:19] | – Here, here! – Give it back! | – 这儿 – 给我 | 
| [27:20] | – Want it? Want it? – Give me my test back! | – 想要吗 想要吗 – 把卷子还给我 | 
| [27:22] | Hey, hey, hey, what is going on in here? | 嗨 嗨 嗨 发生了什么 | 
| [27:24] | You’re supposed to be taking a test. | 你们本应该在这考试的 | 
| [27:26] | – I finished the test. – He stole my test. | – 我答完了 – 他把我的卷子偷去了 | 
| [27:28] | Why would you steal- Look what you did to her test. | 你为什么要偷… 看看你把她的卷子弄的 | 
| [27:30] | Okay, everybody sit down. | 好了 都坐下 | 
| [27:31] | – Why? – Because i said so. Sit down. | – 为什么 – 因为我说要 坐下 | 
| [27:33] | Hmm. Where do i want to sit? | 我要坐哪儿呢 | 
| [27:37] | Danny, i’m warning you. | Danny 我警告你 | 
| [27:38] | – Get to your seat, right now. – I have my seat right here. | – 回到你的座位上去 马上 – 我的座位就在这儿 | 
| [27:41] | Wanna see it? | 想看看吗 | 
| [27:43] | Okay, you know what? I am working very hard here, | 好了 你知道吗 我已经很努力克制了 | 
| [27:45] | And it’s bad enough without having to deal with your nonsense. | 你就不要再给我火上浇油了 | 
| [27:47] | Now sit your butt down, | 赶紧坐下 | 
| [27:48] | And get to work, too. Go. | 去答题 快去 | 
| [27:50] | Alex, go. Come on. | Alex 快去 快 | 
| [27:52] | Everybody to your seats. | 都回到自己的座位上 | 
| [27:57] | All right. You have three minutes to finish your test, | 好了 还有3分钟交卷 | 
| [27:58] | And then we’re doing our lice check. | 然后我们就开始检查虱子 | 
| [28:05] | – It stinks. – I know, sweetie, i’m sorry. | – 恶心死了 – 我知道 宝贝 对不起 | 
| [28:09] | Why do we have to do this? | 我们为什么要这么做呢 | 
| [28:11] | Because the nurse found lice in mommy’s hair at school. | 因为学校的护士 在妈妈的头发里发现了虱子 | 
| [28:16] | Actually, it was a louse. | 事实上 是一个”louse” | 
| [28:18] | One louse, two lice. | 一个虱子是”louse” 两个是”lice” | 
| [28:21] | Kind of like one mouse, two mice. | 就像是 一只老鼠是”mouse” 两只是”mice” | 
| [28:24] | Why isn’t it one house, two hice? | 为什么房子不是 一个是”house” 两个是”hice”呢 | 
| [28:27] | Huh. “Hice. “ | 啊 “Hice” | 
| [28:28] | We have lice in the hice. | 我们的房子里有虱子 | 
| [28:32] | Lice in the hice! | 房子里的虱子 | 
| [28:43] | The kids are tucked in. | 我已经给他们盖好被子了 | 
| [28:45] | I’ll be right back. | 马上就回来 | 
| [28:46] | Where you going? | 你要去哪儿 | 
| [28:48] | – Video store. I need some movies. – Now? | – 音像店 我需要点电影 – 现在? | 
| [28:51] | Here’s the thing: You can never judge, never, ever judge. | 是这样的 不过你可不能说我 绝对不能 | 
| [28:53] | You know, i thought that substitute was horrible. | 你知道的 我觉得那个代课老师糟透了 | 
| [28:57] | And shame on me. | 而我呢 更丢人 | 
| [28:58] | Tomorrow i’m going to prop those kids in front of the tv. | 明天我会让孩子们看电视 | 
| [29:01] | – You don’t even let our kids do that. – I’m not saying that i’m happy about it. | – 你甚至不允许我们的孩子看电视 – 我没说我愿意这么做 | 
| [29:04] | But i have to subdue these kids until i come up with a plan. | 只是在我想出好招之前 我得先制住他们 | 
| [29:07] | I mean, look at my basket. The tests are all over the place. | 我是说 看看我的篮子 到处都是卷子 | 
| [29:09] | I don’t even know where to start. | 我甚至不知道要从何开始 | 
| [29:13] | I may have been trained to teach one through six, | 我可以教一到六年级 | 
| [29:15] | But i was not trained to teach every grade at the same time, | 但没办法同时教啊 | 
| [29:17] | Without desks, without books… i mean, it’s chaos. | 没课桌 没书… 一团乱麻 | 
| [29:21] | Those kids may have been terrible today, But i was worse; | 这些孩子今天表现不好 但我表现得更糟 | 
| [29:24] | I was a raving, crazy person. | 成了个狂暴的疯子 | 
| [29:27] | – Six years of school did not prepare me for this. – What about eight years of motherhood? | – 学了六年 学不会如何教他们 – 那当了八年的母亲呢 | 
| [29:32] | You got plenty of experience. | 你有足够的经验 | 
| [29:33] | – We got two great kids upstairs. – Maybe i should just stay home with them, | – 楼上就有两个好孩子 – 也许我该跟他们待在家里 | 
| [29:36] | Until i get a normal job at a normal school. | 直到我在正常的学校 找份正常的工作 | 
| [29:39] | You gonna quit? | 你要放弃了? | 
| [29:41] | You. You are going to bend over that sink when i get back, | 你 我回来时给我好好趴在水槽边 | 
| [29:44] | And i’m going to de-Louse you. | 我要给你除虱 | 
| [29:46] | Ooh, how’d i get so lucky? | 何其荣幸 | 
| [30:29] | So, my kid says that you gave him what- For in class yesterday. | 我儿子告诉我 你昨天把他怎么了 | 
| [30:34] | – Danny is your son? – Yeah, that’s right. | – Danny是你儿子? – 对 没错 | 
| [30:38] | I am truly sorry that i yelled at him. | 很抱歉我昨天吼了他 | 
| [30:41] | I know it was wrong, | 我知道不对 | 
| [30:42] | – And i apologize. – No, you know what? I know that my boy is smart, | – 对不起 – 不 告诉你 我知道我儿子很聪明 | 
| [30:46] | And i know that he can learn really good, | 我知道他能学得很好 | 
| [30:49] | And i just think | 我只是觉得 | 
| [30:51] | That he needs a teacher | 他需要一个 | 
| [30:53] | That will keep him in line. | 管得住他的老师 | 
| [30:56] | So, you just… | 所以 请你… | 
| [31:00] | Keep on riding him. | 好好管教他 | 
| [31:05] | That’s okay. | 这样挺好 | 
| [31:21] | Stacey? | |
| [31:23] | Hi, patricia. I brought a gamma shot for you. | – 嗨 Patricia – 我来给你打针 | 
| [31:25] | Okay, i’ll be right there. | 好的 就来 | 
| [31:27] | Any chance you could be pregnant? | 你可能怀孕了吗 | 
| [31:31] | No. | 不 | 
| [31:33] | Just to make sure. | 得确认一下 | 
| [31:38] | From hollywood, | 在好莱坞 | 
| [31:39] | Everyone’s favorite game of strategy, | 每个人最钟爱的策略游戏 | 
| [31:42] | Knowledge and fun. | 充满智慧与乐趣 | 
| [31:43] | It’s tic tac dough… | |
| [31:55] | Sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [31:56] | – There you go. – Thanks. | – 来 – 谢谢 | 
| [31:58] | Mama, can we play outside? | 妈咪 我们能去外面玩吗 | 
| [32:02] | Good morning, danny. | 早上好 Danny | 
| [32:04] | – You’re here early. – My mom says i have to talk to you. | – 今天来得挺早 – 我妈说让我跟你聊聊 | 
| [32:07] | I’m sorry i acted up yesterday. | 我为昨天的表现道歉 | 
| [32:09] | Well, i wanted to apologize to you, too. | 我也要向你道歉 | 
| [32:12] | I’m sorry for losing my temper. | 抱歉我发脾气了 | 
| [32:14] | So, we’re good? | 这么说我们没事了? | 
| [32:16] | We’re good. | 没事了 | 
| [32:23] | Where’s the tv? | 电视哪儿去了 | 
| [32:28] | What… someone took the tv! | 有人把电视拿走了 | 
| [32:35] | Okay, in the past three minutes, | 过去三分钟里 | 
| [32:36] | somebody went into the classroom and took the tv and the vcr. Who was it? | 有人进了教室 拿走了电视和录像机 谁干的 | 
| [32:43] | Oh, come on. Whoever it was walked right past here. Who took it? | 拜托 拿走的人肯定经过这里 谁拿的 | 
| [32:50] | Okay, well, | 好吧 | 
| [32:51] | If you’re not going to tell me, then i’m just | 你们不告诉我 那我只好… | 
| [32:53] | Going to have to take this. | 把这台拿去用了 | 
| [32:54] | I’m watching my favorite program. | 我正看着我最爱的节目呢 | 
| [32:56] | Well, i’m sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [33:00] | Whoa, whoa. That’s heavy. | 哇哦 哇哦 那很重的 | 
| [33:02] | Don’t hurt yourself, now. | 别受伤了 | 
| [33:03] | This woman’s nuts. | 这女的脑子进水了 | 
| [33:05] | Come on, miss stacey. | 算了吧 Stacey小姐 | 
| [33:06] | Just let it go. | 算了吧 | 
| [33:27] | Danny, do you know who took it? | Danny 你知道谁干的吗 | 
| [33:29] | You opened the door for them. | 你替他们开的门 | 
| [33:31] | I opened the door for them? | 我替他们开的门? | 
| [33:33] | Who? | 是谁 | 
| [33:34] | We got to find johnny and tell him what happened. | 我们得去找Johnny 告诉他发生的事 | 
| [33:36] | I’m not telling johnny. | 我才不说 | 
| [33:37] | I’m not telling you. | 我也不告诉你 | 
| [33:38] | Not unless you promise not to go after anyone. | 除非你答应我 不找谁麻烦 | 
| [33:40] | It’s not the way we do things here. | 在这我们不这样处理 | 
| [33:42] | You got to calm down. | 你得冷静 | 
| [33:46] | Okay, i’m calm. I’m calm. | 好吧 我冷静 冷静 | 
| [33:50] | Listen, i promise. You have my word. | 听着 我答应 我答应你 | 
| [33:52] | I won’t tell anybody. Just tell me who took it. | 我不会告诉任何人 告诉我谁拿了 | 
| [33:55] | Jack and terry. | Jack和Terry | 
| [33:56] | Jack and terry. Who’s jack and terry? | Jack和Terry 是谁 | 
| [33:57] | You don’t know them, and they don’t know you. | 你不认识 他们也不认识你 | 
| [33:59] | And they won’t be coming back. | 他们也不会回来了 | 
| [34:00] | Well, where did they go? | 他们能上哪儿去 | 
| [34:02] | Tv’s gone, and they’re gone. | 电视不见了 他们也不见了 | 
| [34:03] | You can bet that they’ve already traded it for crack down the street. | 他们肯定已经拿到街上去换可卡因了 | 
| [34:05] | It’s just the way it is. | 这里就这样 | 
| [34:07] | They don’t care about our school. | 他们不关心我们的学校 | 
| [34:09] | We’re not their kids, And | 我们不是他们的孩子 | 
| [34:11] | They don’t care about us. | 他们不关心我们 | 
| [34:14] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [34:16] | But we care. | 但我们关心 | 
| [34:20] | Let’s go inside. It’s cold. | 进去吧 天冷了 | 
| [34:31] | Stacey? | |
| [34:33] | Um… i’ll be right there. | 呃… 就来 | 
| [34:35] | Will you go tell everyone to sit down and wait for me? | 你能告诉大家坐好等着我吗 | 
| [34:37] | You’re not going to tell? | 你不会说出去吧 | 
| [34:39] | I gave you my word. | 我答应过你 | 
| [34:41] | Now, will you give me yours? | 现在你能答应我吗 | 
| [34:42] | That you’ll go in there and you’ll be a good example to the other kids? | 答应我 进去给其他孩子做个好榜样 | 
| [34:47] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [34:50] | You be the leader. | 管好他们 | 
| [35:01] | Okay. Can we do this quickly? | 好吧 尽快搞定吧 | 
| [35:04] | No gamma shot for you, mama. | 你不能打针了 准妈妈 | 
| [35:06] | You’re pregnant. | 你怀孕了 | 
| [35:54] | Ms. Bess. | Bess女士 | 
| [35:56] | Dr. Ross. | Ross博士 | 
| [35:57] | The baby’s due in september, So i’ll work until june, | 预产期在九月 所以我会做到六月 | 
| [36:00] | And finish out the semester, Which i promised you i would. | 做完我答应你的一学期 | 
| [36:03] | Good. | 很好 | 
| [36:04] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [36:05] | What’s this? | 这是什么 | 
| [36:06] | This is a list of things that i need so i can do my job. | 这是我的完成工作需要的东西 | 
| [36:09] | The first items are basics: books, lights, desks; | 第一项是基本的 书 灯 课桌 | 
| [36:12] | And then there are secondary items that i want the kids to have: art supplies, | 然后是我想让孩子们拥有的 次要物件 美术工具 | 
| [36:15] | – Um, science equipment, maps, things like that. – Ms. Bess, I’m the personnel director. | – 科学仪器 地图之类的 – Bess女士 我是人事主管 | 
| [36:20] | It’s my job to hire teachers. | 雇佣教师是我的工作 | 
| [36:22] | – Text books- Dr. Louie. – Well, dr. Louie wants authorization from a principal; | – 教科书 Louie博士的事 – Louie博士想获得校长的授权 | 
| [36:26] | I don’t have a principal. | 我上面可没校长 | 
| [36:27] | – That’s technically true. – Desks and lights require a custodian’s report. | – 话说得没错 – 要课桌和灯得有管理者的报告 | 
| [36:30] | Who’s my custodian? I mean, do i have one, technically? | 我的管理者是谁 我是说 实际上有这么个人吗 | 
| [36:33] | I’ll bring this to the attention of the administration. | 我会告知管理部门的 | 
| [36:36] | – Thank you, ms. Bess. – When? When will you bring it to their attention? | – 谢谢你 Bess女士 – 什么时候 你什么时候告知 | 
| [36:38] | – At our next meeting. – Okay, well, until your next meeting, | – 下次会议 – 是啊 等到下次会议 | 
| [36:40] | What do you say we poke around the closets here and see what we can use? | 你看我们到这到处翻翻 找找看有什么用得上好吗 | 
| [36:44] | You don’t have the faintest idea of protocol. | 你一点不懂礼貌 | 
| [36:48] | Protocol? No, sir, i-I… i don’t. | 礼貌? 不 先生 我是不懂 | 
| [36:51] | And i- I don’t have the faintest clue what’s going on here, | 我也不知道这里究竟什么情况 | 
| [36:53] | So you might have to catch me up, | 也许你能告诉我 | 
| [36:54] | Because i don’t understand why i’m not teaching these kids in a regular school. | 我不明白为什么我不能 在一个正规学校教这些孩子 | 
| [36:57] | The program was created because the organization that runs the shelter | 启动这项工程是因为 经营收容所的组织 | 
| [36:59] | And our school district have this problem. | 和我们的学区遇到个问题 | 
| [37:01] | Without transfer papers and immunization records, | 没有转学文件和预防接种记录 | 
| [37:04] | We can’t enroll these homeless students. | 我们不能让那些流浪儿童入学 | 
| [37:06] | Your class is a stop-Gap measure. | 你的教学班只是权宜之计 | 
| [37:09] | – Have you been there? – Have i… | – 你去过吗 – 我去… | 
| [37:11] | Have you been to the school? | 你去过学校吗 | 
| [37:16] | No. | 没有 | 
| [37:18] | My responsibility is to fill every teaching position in this district, | 我的工作是为学区每个教师职位招人 | 
| [37:21] | – Not… – You’re busy. | – 而不是… – 你很忙 | 
| [37:23] | – So would you please find me a supervisor? – Yes. | – 所以能帮我找个管理者吗 – 行 | 
| [37:26] | I will do that. | 会如你所愿的 | 
| [37:27] | And i will pass along to him your suggestions. | 我也会把你的建议告诉他 | 
| [37:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [37:32] | In the meantime, Keep in mind | 同时 记住了 | 
| [37:33] | That you’re providing emergency schooling to transient students. | 你是在为暂住学生提供临时教学 | 
| [37:36] | They will not be there that long, | 他们在那儿待不长 | 
| [37:39] | ??? | 事实上 Bess女士 | 
| [37:41] | ?? | 你也一样 | 
| [38:06] | Miss elliott, has he finished his tea yet? | |
| [38:09] | – He should be just about done. – Thanks. | |
| [38:31] | * Oh i knew it was your birthday * | |
| [38:35] | * But you didn’t know i knew * | |
| [38:38] | * And i wanted just to find the right * | |
| [38:42] | * Surprise for you * | |
| [38:46] | Good afternoon, lisa. | |
| [38:47] | Good afternoon, professor. | |
| [38:48] | – Are we prepared? – I think so. | |
| [38:50] | Hmm. Let’s see what mr. Beethoven thinks. | |
| [38:57] | * So i’m giving you this hallmark * | |
| [39:00] | * And i hope that you will see * | |
| [39:04] | * What i’m really giving you * | |
| [39:07] | * Is a part of me * | |
| [39:11] | Thank you, lisa. | |
| [39:12] | Make someone’s birthday special. | |
| [39:15] | Give a little of yourself. | |
| [39:16] | Give a hallmark card. | |
| [39:32] | Bye momma. I love you. | |
| [39:33] | – Bye bye. You be careful on your way home. – I love you. | |
| [39:35] | – Happy mother’s day. – Okay. Bye bye. | |
| [40:10] | A mother’s day she’ll remember… | |
| [40:10] | – Mother’s Day is May 8 – A mother’s day she’ll remember… | |
| [40:13] | – When you care enough to send the very best – for years to come. | |
| [40:13] | For years to come. | |
| [40:18] | ?? | |
| [40:21] | ??? | |
| [40:24] | ?? | |
| [40:33] | You know the school doesn’t even have a name? | 你知道那学校连个名字都没有吗 | 
| [40:38] | I had all these big ideas about teaching. | 我过去对教学有那么多想法 | 
| [40:41] | You know, my classroom was gonna be this amazing place | 我的班级该是个神奇的地方 | 
| [40:45] | where kids felt safe and knew they belonged. | 在那孩子们会觉得安全而有归属感 | 
| [40:51] | But i’ve learned some not good things about myself. | 但我看到了自己不好的一面 | 
| [40:55] | Poverty disgusts me, and i’m afraid of it. | 贫穷使我厌恶 我害怕贫穷 | 
| [41:00] | And i’m not doing my best for those kids. | 我也没为孩子们尽心尽力 | 
| [41:08] | Why are you smiling? | 你笑什么 | 
| [41:09] | I’ve been waiting for you to get riled up. | 我还等着你发飙呢 | 
| [41:11] | You think this is riled up? | 你觉得我该发飙? | 
| [41:16] | Before this baby’s born, | 在孩子出生前 | 
| [41:18] | you’ve got one season to play. | 你还有一季要熬呢 | 
| [41:23] | Think you’re gonna kick some butt? | 我在想你是不是要拿谁来发泄一下 | 
| [42:36] | You’re streaking it. | 你要把它弄花了 | 
| [42:37] | – What? – Newspaper. You need newspaper. | – 什么 – 报纸 你得用报纸 | 
| [42:41] | You really need to finish painting before you do the windows. | 你要擦窗户 最好先油漆完 | 
| [42:45] | I’ll help. | 我来帮忙 | 
| [43:05] | It’s good you’re fixing things up, Miss stacey, | 你把这里修葺一番真是太好了 Stacey小姐 | 
| [43:07] | ’cause i don’t want to hurt your feelings, | 我不想伤害你的感情 | 
| [43:10] | but this is the sorriest school i’ve ever seen. | 但这是我见过的最烂的学校 | 
| [43:14] | Can i clean the blackboard? | 我能去清洁黑板吗 | 
| [43:16] | It’s filthy, right? | 它很脏 对吧 | 
| [43:17] | You think there’s hope for that blackboard? | 你觉得那黑板还有救? | 
| [43:18] | There’d better be, ’cause that’s the only one we have to write on. | 最好有救 我们也只能在那上面写字了 | 
| [43:22] | Then you go right ahead. | 那你就行动吧 | 
| [43:56] | Do you have any kids here, joe? | 你有孩子在这儿吗 Joe? | 
| [43:58] | – Why are you laughing? – Miss stacey, i have a grandchild here. | – 笑什么 – Stacey小姐 我有个孙子 | 
| [44:02] | Yes, ma’am, i have a grandson. Spitting image. | 没错 女士 我有个孙子 跟我一模一样 | 
| [44:09] | He’s the handsome one. | 长得很帅 | 
| [44:10] | Hmm. I’ll have to think about that one. | 嗯 那我得好好想想了 | 
| [44:14] | Is that a dog? | 那是狗? | 
| [44:18] | That’s a cow. | 是牛 | 
| [44:21] | Hold on. | 等等 | 
| [44:26] | Hold on a minute. | 稍等片刻 | 
| [44:29] | What’s wrong with my cow? | 我的牛怎么了 | 
| [44:32] | When did you know you wanted to be a teacher? | 你什么时候想成为一名教师的 | 
| [44:34] | ‘Cause i’m gonna be a teacher. | 我也想当教师 | 
| [44:36] | Mi abuela- That’s my grandmother- | Mi Abuela 我祖母 | 
| [44:38] | She said I could make my letters when i was just a baby. | 她说我还是个婴儿时就会认字母了 | 
| [44:41] | And you know what? I made a-Pluses in handwriting. | 你知道吗 我书法拿了A+ | 
| [44:44] | You did? | 是吗 | 
| [44:46] | Where is your abuela? | 你祖母在哪 | 
| [44:47] | El paso. I lived there most of my life until papi decided we should go to idaho. | El Paso 我大部分时间都住在那儿 后来爸爸决定搬到Idaho | 
| [44:52] | But you know what? It’s cold in idaho. | 但你知道吗 Idaho很冷 | 
| [44:55] | Ah. Nelson, | 啊 Nelson | 
| [44:56] | Miss stacey needs somebody ho can draw a cow. | Stacey小姐想找个懂画牛的人 | 
| [45:00] | Well, that’s a dog. | 那是狗 | 
| [45:02] | Well, that’s what i told her. | 我也这么跟她说来着 | 
| [45:03] | I just wanted to make some art to lighten things up in here, | 我只想画点什么 让这儿有点生气 | 
| [45:08] | and put them up on the walls, but i’m not…I’m not much of an artist. | 可以挂在墙上 但我… 不是很有艺术细胞 | 
| [45:11] | Yeah, a cow, but i-I don’t want to take up any of your time. | 一头牛不错 不过我不想占用别人的时间 | 
| [45:16] | Well, you want a holstein? Jersey? | 你想画头霍斯坦乳牛? 泽西奶牛? | 
| [45:20] | Brahma? Longhorn? | 梵天? 长角牛? | 
| [45:22] | – A black and white cow. – You want a sad cow? | – 一头黑白相间的牛 – 你想要悲伤的牛? | 
| [45:24] | Happy cow? Thoughtful cow? | 开心的牛? 若有所思的牛? | 
| [45:27] | – A happy cow. – A happy, black and white cow. | – 开心的牛 – 一头开心的 黑白相间的牛 | 
| [45:55] | What did i tell you? | 我说什么来着 | 
| [45:58] | Wow. That’s amazing! | 哇哦 太棒了 | 
| [46:02] | You think you could draw a rooster after this? | 画完这个你还能画公鸡吗 | 
| [46:06] | Do you want a proud rooster? A fighting rooster? | 一个骄傲的公鸡? 斗鸡? | 
| [46:09] | Or a little skinny rooster scratching in the dirt? | 还是一直扒着土的瘦小公鸡? | 
| [46:14] | How about a colorful rooster? | 一只色彩斑斓的公鸡怎么样 | 
| [46:20] | – Hello? – Hey. | – 嗨? – 嘿 | 
| [46:23] | Hey. | 嘿 | 
| [46:25] | Um, can i borrow your truck tomorrow? | 呃 明天我能借用你的卡车吗 | 
| [46:28] | – Why? What’s up? – I need to pick up some supplies. | – 为什么 用来做什么 – 我得运些设施 | 
| [46:31] | Didn’t you already buy supplies? | 你不是老早就买了吗 | 
| [46:33] | Mm, yes, but that was for painting and cleaning. This is for my kids. | 对 但上次是买来粉刷和清洁的 这些是买给孩子们的 | 
| [46:36] | And you need the truck? | 得用卡车? | 
| [46:38] | Aren’t you going to be spending more than you make? | 你岂不是花的比挣的还多? | 
| [46:39] | No, i promise- I’m done after this. Promise. | 不 我保证 做完这些就行了 保证 | 
| [46:42] | Are you sure you want to make that promise? | 你确定你要做出这个保证吗 | 
| [46:43] | Yes, i am. | 对 没错 | 
| [46:47] | Give them to me. Thanks. | 把钥匙给我 谢谢 | 
| [46:50] | Glad you’re home. | 欢迎回家 | 
| [47:01] | – You getting overtime? – Am i what? | – 你有加班费吗 – 我什么 | 
| [47:03] | Is somebody paying you overtime for coming here on a weekend? | 有人为你周末来这儿付加班费吗 | 
| [47:09] | Did the school pay for those? | 是学校付的钱吗 | 
| [47:11] | Uh, no. | 呃 没有 | 
| [47:13] | I told you, dee. She’s just doing this for our kids. Come on, hey. | 我说过了 Dee 她是为了我们的孩子 我来 | 
| [47:17] | Ready? One, two. | 好了吗 一 二 | 
| [47:19] | Here. I got it. Three. Thank you. | 来 好 三 谢谢 | 
| [47:21] | – Where do you want it? – Just over here. | – 要放哪儿 – 就这儿吧 | 
| [47:47] | Up and at ’em. Rise and shine. | 起床喽 太阳晒屁股咯 | 
| [47:52] | Time to get up. | 该起床了 | 
| [47:56] | Here we go. | 来 | 
| [47:58] | Morning. | 早上好 | 
| [48:20] | – Okay, did you pack your homework? – Yes. | – 作业放好了吗 – 好了 | 
| [48:24] | And can you please drink your milk? | 把牛奶喝了好吗 | 
| [48:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [48:28] | – I love you. – Bye, mommy. | – 爱你们 – 再见 妈咪 | 
| [48:30] | And i love you. | 爱你 | 
| [48:33] | Go get ’em. | 去吧 | 
| [48:35] | Time to wake up, everybody! Let’s go. | 该起床了 各位 行动起来 | 
| [48:37] | School starts in half an hour! | 半小时后上课 | 
| [48:39] | Come on. School starts in half an hour! Let’s go. | 起来 半小时后上课 动起来 | 
| [48:44] | Rise and shine, everybody! | 太阳晒屁股了 各位 | 
| [48:46] | Half an hour. Let’s wake up. | 半小时 起床吧 | 
| [48:48] | Morning! Come on, let’s wake up, everybody. | 早上好 来 起床吧 各位 | 
| [48:52] | Come on, we’re not starting without you. Wake up! Let’s go! | 醒醒 你不来就不能上课 醒醒 起来 | 
| [48:58] | You, too! | 还有你 | 
| [48:59] | Rise and shine, everybody. Let’s go. | 太阳晒屁股了 各位 起来 | 
| [49:02] | Good morning, Danny. Come on, you’ve got 30 minutes. | 早上好 Danny 起来 还有30分钟 | 
| [49:05] | I guess we’d better get dressed. | 还是赶快更衣吧 | 
| [49:08] | Let’s go. Come on, everybody. | 起来 各位 | 
| [49:10] | Excuse me. I have an announcement to make. | 打断一下 我有话要说 | 
| [49:12] | Uh, i’m watching that. | 呃 我正看着呢 | 
| [49:15] | This school may be in a shelter, but it is still a public school, | 虽然学校在收容所里 但始终是个公立学校 | 
| [49:17] | so from now on, there will be no interruptions once class is in session. | 所以从今以后 上课了就不能有打扰 | 
| [49:21] | And please see to it that your kids are in class on time. | 还有 监督你们的孩子按时上课 | 
| [49:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [49:33] | Uh, maria, can you please write the date on the board? | 呃 Maria 能请你把日期写在黑板上吗 | 
| [49:35] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [49:36] | Okay, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to your new classroom. | 好 女士们先生们 欢迎来到新教室 | 
| [49:39] | Whoa, what happened? | 哇哦 怎么回事 | 
| [49:42] | It’s pretty cool, huh? Come on in. | 太棒了 快进来 | 
| [49:46] | Hi. | 嗨 | 
| [49:48] | Whoa… | 哇哦 | 
| [49:50] | Neat-O! Am i dreaming? | 好干净 我是在做梦吗 | 
| [49:52] | – What do you think? – Awesome! | – 觉得怎么样 – 太棒了 | 
| [49:55] | This is to post all of the good work that you do. | 这儿用来张贴你们做的好事 | 
| [49:59] | But first things first. | 但先说要紧的 | 
| [50:00] | I have fruit cups and milk, so if anybody’s hungry, raise your hand. | 我带了果冻和牛奶 饿了的举手 | 
| [50:09] | Okay, um, danny, will you pass out the fruit cups? | 好吧 呃 Danny 你能发一下果冻吗 | 
| [50:12] | Maria, can you please pass the spoons? | Maria 你能发一下汤匙吗 | 
| [50:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [50:20] | So, we’re gonna do things a little bit differently this week. | 这周我们来些改变 | 
| [50:25] | We’re gonna start by talking about anything that is important to you. | 我们先聊聊对你们来说最重要的事物 | 
| [50:29] | But only one person speaking at a time, | 但一次只能一个人说 | 
| [50:31] | and everybody in the circle has to be polite. | 其他人都要礼貌 | 
| [50:33] | Everybody agree with those rules, raise your hand. | 同意这些规矩的请举手 | 
| [50:38] | Okay, good. | 好的 | 
| [50:40] | So, i’d like to start by talking about last week. | 那我先说说上周 | 
| [50:46] | Last week, I lost my temper quite a bit, | 上周我发了脾气 | 
| [50:49] | and it wasn’t respectful. | 这很不尊重别人 | 
| [50:52] | Maybe we should talk about that. | 我们该先聊聊尊重 | 
| [50:54] | Um, what it means to be respectful. | 呃 尊重他人是什么意思 | 
| [50:58] | Yes. Angel. | 你说 Angel | 
| [51:00] | Like, you don’t get in somebody’s face. | 比如 不能凑到人家面前 | 
| [51:02] | Blah, blah, blah, blah. Like that. Like you’re messing with somebody. | 叽里呱啦的说一通 那样会惹着别人 | 
| [51:07] | That’s right. That’s not respectful. | 没错 那不尊重人 | 
| [51:09] | Sam? | |
| [51:11] | I don’t think it’s good to yell. | 大吼大叫也不好 | 
| [51:12] | You’re right. Yelling is not good. I’m very sorry for yelling. | 是的 大吼大叫不好 很抱歉我对你们大吼大叫 | 
| [51:15] | I don’t think it’s right to do something over and over, | 有些事情不能一再做 | 
| [51:18] | like messing with somebody or not listening. | 比如跟别人冲突或不听人说话 | 
| [51:20] | That’s not showing respect. | 那也是不尊重 | 
| [51:22] | You’re right. | 没错 | 
| [51:23] | See, we have to be respectful of our fellow classmates | 你们看 我们都得尊重我们的同学 | 
| [51:27] | because we want to have a safe, quiet, calm learning environment, right? | 因为我们都想有个 安全安静的学习环境 对吗 | 
| [51:34] | So, that is our first word. | 这是我们的第一个词 | 
| [51:38] | It’s a descriptive word. An adjective. | 一个描述性的词 形容词 | 
| [51:48] | “Respectful. “ | “尊重人的” | 
| [51:51] | Grace, do you want to pin it on the board? | Grace 你愿意把她贴到黑板上吗 | 
| [51:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [52:00] | Anyone else have anything they want to share? | 还有谁有什么要分享的吗 | 
| [52:02] | Last night, we went to this store, | 昨晚 我们去了一家店 | 
| [52:04] | and my mom wasn’t doing nothing, | 我妈什么也没干 | 
| [52:06] | And cops were messing with her, like, | 但警察就找她麻烦 | 
| [52:08] | “Get out of here,” like she’s a piece of trash. | 说”出去” 好像她是垃圾一样 | 
| [52:11] | So you felt like the policemen weren’t being respectful to your mom. | 这么说你觉得警察不尊重你妈妈 | 
| [52:17] | How do you feel when you’re around policemen? | 你们在警察身边有什么感觉 | 
| [52:19] | Scared. | 害怕 | 
| [52:22] | I know a nice policeman. | 我认识一个好警察 | 
| [52:24] | Dana. | |
| [52:29] | My mother locked us in the basement. | 我妈妈把我们关在地下室 | 
| [52:32] | It was dark, and a policeman found us, | 那里很黑 警察找到了我们 | 
| [52:36] | and he carried us up, ’cause we couldn’t walk. | 他把我们抱出来 因为我们走不动了 | 
| [52:40] | ‘Cause we didn’t have anything to eat, and… | 她没给我们东西吃… | 
| [52:45] | that’s why we don’t see our mother anymore. | 所以我们再也不能去见妈妈 | 
| [52:51] | That must have been really scary. | 那一定很吓人 | 
| [52:53] | She held my hand. | 她握着我的手 | 
| [53:11] | Brave. | 勇敢 | 
| [53:58] | – Who would like to see some magic? – Me. | – 谁想见识魔法 – 我 | 
| [54:01] | Okay. Yellow… | 好的 黄色… | 
| [54:05] | and blue… | 和蓝色… | 
| [54:09] | – become… – Green. | – 变成了… – 绿色 | 
| [54:13] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [54:16] | Yellow and red become… | 黄色和红色变成了… | 
| [54:21] | Orange. | 橙色 | 
| [54:24] | It’s okay. | 没事的 | 
| [54:31] | There we go. | 来了 | 
| [54:34] | This is yours to keep. | 送给你的 | 
| [54:37] | Let’s look. | 看看 | 
| [54:39] | Look how pretty you are. | 看你多漂亮啊 | 
| [54:44] | There we go. | 来 | 
| [55:02] | – Miss stacey? – Yep? | – Stacey小姐? – 怎么了 | 
| [55:04] | I made this for you. | 送给你的 | 
| [55:08] | – Wow. Alex, this is exquisite. – Thanks. | – 哇哦 Alex 做得真漂亮 – 谢谢 | 
| [55:12] | That’s really beautiful. I’m going to put it on the board. | 真好看 我要贴到板上 | 
| [55:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [55:23] | Hey, why’d you push me? | 你推我干嘛 | 
| [55:25] | – Quit it! – You quit it! | – 停手 – 你先停 | 
| [55:26] | Hey! Hey. Hey. Stop it. | 嘿 嘿 嘿 住手 | 
| [55:28] | Everybody, back to work. Boys, come up here. | 大家继续画 你们两个过来 | 
| [55:35] | – What’s going on? – He pushed me for no reason. | – 怎么回事 – 他莫名其妙推我 | 
| [55:38] | – Danny, why would you push alex? – I don’t know. | – Danny 你为什么推Alex – 不知道 | 
| [55:41] | Well, i’m really confused as to why you’d do that. | 你把我搞糊涂了 | 
| [55:44] | You’re confused? | 你糊涂了? | 
| [55:46] | I’m confused. | 我还糊涂呢 | 
| [55:47] | I’m also a little… anxious and perplexed. | 我还有点… 担心和困惑 | 
| [55:53] | Go sit down. | 回去坐好 | 
| [55:56] | – And apologize to each other. – Sorry. | – 还有给对方道歉 – 对不起 | 
| [56:05] | How come you want us to learn that? | 你为什么要我们学这个 | 
| [56:07] | Because if you know it, then it’s yours. | 因为你学会了 这就是你的了 | 
| [56:15] | This was an attack cat. | 这是只咬人的猫 | 
| [56:18] | Not an attack dog. This was an attack cat. | 不是咬人的狗 是咬人的猫 | 
| [56:22] | For real. And i’m, like, running and running as fast as i can from this kitten, | 真的 我就从厨房飞快地跑出去 | 
| [56:26] | and it’s, like, barking at me, like, “meow, meow, meow!” | 它就对着我叫 像这样”喵 喵 喵” | 
| [56:29] | And i’m yelling at everybody, “run! | 而我则对着其他人喊 “快跑” | 
| [56:31] | Run faster! It’ll get you. Run!” | “快跑 它会追上你的 快跑” | 
| [56:35] | “Run even faster. Run!” | “再跑快点 快跑” | 
| [56:44] | Miss stacey, miss stacey! | Stacey小姐 Stacey小姐 | 
| [56:50] | – Here you go. – Now? | – 给 – 现在? | 
| [56:51] | Yes, ma’am. | 对 女士 | 
| [56:54] | Come on, everybody, get up! School in 20 minutes! | 快 各位 起床了 还有20分钟上课 | 
| [56:58] | – Louder! – Come on, everybody! | – 大声点 – 快 各位 | 
| [56:59] | Get up! School in 20 minutes! | 起床了 还有20分钟上课 | 
| [57:03] | Come on, everybody, get up! School in 20 minutes! | 快 各位 起床了 还有20分钟上课 | 
| [57:06] | Hi, boys. | 嗨 小帅哥们 | 
| [57:09] | Fill up the cupboard, corporal. | 放到橱柜里 下士 | 
| [57:11] | Here are the keys. | 给你们钥匙 | 
| [57:15] | Morning, johnny. | 早上好 Johnny | 
| [57:17] | Heads up. Six more children came in last night. | 注意 昨晚又来了六个孩子 | 
| [57:47] | Excuse me? | 打扰了 | 
| [57:49] | – Hi. – Yes? | – 嗨 – 什么事 | 
| [57:51] | My name is stacey bess, and i’m here to report a situation that is unacceptable. | 我叫Stacey Bess 我来汇报一个难以接受的情况 | 
| [57:55] | – Are you a teacher? – Yes. I’m trying to be. | – 你是老师? – 对 我正尽力当个老师 | 
| [57:57] | At the school that has no name. | 在一个连名字都没有的学校里 | 
| [58:00] | – At the shelter. – The shelter. | – 收容所里 – 收容所 | 
| [58:02] | – That’s a new program. – Yes. Have you been there? | – 那是个新项目 – 对 你去过吗 | 
| [58:05] | – No. – Well, no one has. | – 没有 – 没人去过 | 
| [58:09] | Would you like a cup of tea? | 你想来杯茶吗 | 
| [58:11] | I have this new electric teapot which i’ve almost mastered. | 我有个新的电茶壶 就快学会操作了 | 
| [58:15] | Uh, is chamomile okay? | 呃 甘菊茶可以吗 | 
| [58:20] | Why don’t you sit down? | 干嘛不坐下呢 | 
| [58:23] | Please. | 请坐 | 
| [58:25] | This- This is from danny. He’s with his mom and his grandpa. | 这是Danny的 他跟母亲和祖父一起生活 | 
| [58:29] | Well, they’re great people, miserable luck. | 他们都是好人 但境遇不佳 | 
| [58:33] | They put all their hopes in the boy. | 他们把希望都寄托在孩子身上 | 
| [58:36] | Dana gave me this. Dana’s eight years old. | Dana给了我这个 Dana八岁了 | 
| [58:40] | I gave her a 50-Cent headband, and she gives me her bear. | 我给了她个廉价头饰 她就把她的小熊给了我 | 
| [58:45] | Her mom’s in prison. | 她母亲在监狱里 | 
| [58:49] | She would lock the kids in the basement when she had her boyfriend over. | 她男朋友来的时候 就把孩子锁在地下室 | 
| [58:54] | Kids are with the dad now. | 孩子们现在跟着父亲 | 
| [58:57] | Now, maria. Maria wants to be a teacher when she grows up. | 这是Maria的 Maria长大想当老师 | 
| [59:02] | She saw me nibbling on saltines when i had some morning sickness. | 她看见我晨吐后啃咸饼干 | 
| [59:05] | So, she saved these from the soup kitchen for me. | 就把施舍处给的省下来送给我 | 
| [59:13] | Well, it’s obvious you’ve had a profound effect upon the lives of three young people. | 很明显你给三个孩子的人生 带来了以深远的影响 | 
| [59:17] | Three? I have 20 now. | 3个? 现在是20个了 | 
| [59:22] | I didn’t realize there were so many children at the shelter. | 我不知道收容所里会有这么多孩子 | 
| [59:25] | How can anyone here not know that? | 怎么会谁都不知道这些呢 | 
| [59:26] | Every day, i call in with a head count for lunch. | 每天 我都打过来订午餐 | 
| [59:29] | That goes to food services. That’s a separate… | 那归管饭的管 那是个独立的… | 
| [59:30] | Different department, i know. | 不同部门 我知道 | 
| [59:33] | I know. I’m sorry. | 我知道 很抱歉 | 
| [59:37] | Listen, i didn’t come here to give you the kids’ sob stories. | 听着 我来这不是为了给你讲 孩子们的悲惨故事的 | 
| [59:39] | I came here to talk to you about their generosity. | 我来这是要告诉你他们的慷慨 | 
| [59:42] | I mean, these kids who have nothing bring me gifts. | 他们一无所有 却给我送礼物 | 
| [59:46] | Don’t you think we can do better for them? | 你不觉得我们能为他们做得更多吗 | 
| [59:50] | I’ll see what i can do. | 我尽力而为 | 
| [59:59] | ?? | |
| [1:00:01] | ??? | |
| [1:00:03] | ?? | |
| [1:05:23] | “They bounced off the ceiling and bumped into the walls. | “他们从天花板上弹开 撞进墙里” | 
| [1:05:26] | Then a bubble picked up harry’s train and… “ | “接着一个泡泡吸起了Harry的火车…” | 
| [1:05:29] | Bloop! | “噗” | 
| [1:05:31] | “… Floated it right out the window. | “…把它托出窗外” | 
| [1:05:34] | “Harry laughed as he bubbles. | “Harry笑着追着泡泡” | 
| [1:05:36] | “More of them scooped up his shoes. | “更多的泡泡吸起他的鞋子” | 
| [1:05:39] | “Bloop, went ?? | “噗 他的书飞了起来” | 
| [1:05:40] | ?? bloop, “Went his whirligigs and then all of a sudden, | “噗 他的陀螺飞了起来” “接着突然间” | 
| [1:05:44] | “A giant bubble blooped “And swept up… | “一个巨大的泡泡出现了 接着是…” | 
| [1:05:49] | – Horsey! – …horsey. “ | |
| [1:05:52] | Daddy! Daddy! | 爸爸 爸爸 | 
| [1:05:54] | Hey, you guys! | 嘿 孩子们 | 
| [1:05:56] | Happy valentine’s day, daddy. | 情人节快乐 爸爸 | 
| [1:06:01] | I love you guys, too. Come here. Give me a big hug. | 我也爱你们 过来 抱抱我 | 
| [1:06:06] | I want you to have this. | 送给你 | 
| [1:06:16] | Thank you. It’s beautiful. | 谢谢 真漂亮 | 
| [1:06:41] | Papi? | 爸比 | 
| [1:06:44] | Papi? | 爸比 | 
| [1:07:52] | Come on, you guys! Come on! | 快来 你们 快来 | 
| [1:07:53] | Miss stacey! Miss stacey! Come and see! | Stacey小姐 Stacey小姐 快看 | 
| [1:07:56] | – Miss stacey! Come on. – You won’t believe this. – You got to see this! | – Stacey小姐 快来 – 你不会相信的 – 快来看 | 
| [1:07:58] | Miss stacey, come and see! Miss stacey, it’s so cool! | – Stacey小姐 快来看 – Stacey小姐 这太棒了 | 
| [1:08:00] | Come on! I’m so excited! It’s amazing! | 快 我太激动了 那太棒了 | 
| [1:08:02] | Come on! You won’t believe, miss stacey. | 快 你不会相信的 Stacey小姐 | 
| [1:08:03] | – What is going on? – I can’t believe what’s going on! | – 怎么了 – 真是难以置信 | 
| [1:08:06] | You won’t believe it! Come on, come on. | 你不会相信的 来 快来 | 
| [1:08:16] | Do you like it, miss stacey? Isn’t it great? | 你喜欢吗 Stacey小姐 是不是很棒 | 
| [1:08:18] | Miss stacey! We have desks! | Stacey小姐 我们有课桌了 | 
| [1:08:20] | It’s cool! We have a real classroom! | 太棒了我 我们有真正的教室了 | 
| [1:08:26] | Oh, my goodness. | 上帝啊 | 
| [1:08:38] | Well, ladies and gentlemen, we have books. | 女士们先生们 我们有书了 | 
| [1:08:40] | Yay! We have books! | 耶 我们有书了 | 
| [1:08:42] | Yes, finally got books. | 终于有书了 | 
| [1:08:43] | You want to help me pass these out? | 你能帮我把这些发下去吗 | 
| [1:08:55] | – Thank you. – No, no. Thank you. | – 谢谢 – 不 不 谢谢你 | 
| [1:08:58] | We all should have been here a lot sooner. | 我们早就该过来看看了 | 
| [1:09:01] | You know, it’s not technically my job description, but from now on, | 你知道 技术上说这不是我干的活 但从今以后 | 
| [1:09:05] | you can consider me your principal and your custodian. Okay? | 你就把我当校长和管理人吧 好吗 | 
| [1:09:09] | Whatever you need. | 有什么需要尽管说 | 
| [1:09:26] | – Mr. Parker. – What’s wrong? | – Parker先生 – 怎么了 | 
| [1:09:29] | Nothing’s wrong. Sorry to wake you. I’m just so excited. | 没什么 不好意思把你吵醒了 我只是太激动了 | 
| [1:09:31] | I just talked to dr. Warren, | 我刚跟Warren博士谈过 | 
| [1:09:33] | and he’s approved a teacher’s aid salary, | 他刚批准了给我一笔助教费 | 
| [1:09:35] | so i was hoping you’d come work with us every day. | 我希望你能每天过来帮我们 | 
| [1:09:38] | Oh, i volunteer for those children. | 我为这些孩子志愿服务的 | 
| [1:09:41] | I wasn’t going anywhere. | 也不会上哪儿去 | 
| [1:09:43] | Well, you’re the best art teacher i’ve ever had. | 你是我有过的最好的美术老师 | 
| [1:09:46] | I’m the only art teacher you’ve ever had. | 是你唯一的美术老师 | 
| [1:09:51] | Miss stacey! Maria’s in trouble. | Stacey小姐 Maria有麻烦了 | 
| [1:09:53] | Her dad got mean-Drunk and cussed johnny. | 她爸爸撒酒疯骂了Johnny | 
| [1:09:55] | He got kicked out. | 被赶出去了 | 
| [1:09:58] | What?! | 什么 | 
| [1:10:04] | Maria? | |
| [1:10:14] | It’s okay. | 没事的 | 
| [1:10:17] | It’s okay. | 没事的 | 
| [1:10:24] | Johnny? | |
| [1:10:26] | Johnny, you can’t kick maria’s father out. | Johnny 你不能把Maria的父亲赶出去 | 
| [1:10:28] | – I already have. – If he goes, maria goes. | – 已经赶了 – 他走 Maria也会走的 | 
| [1:10:31] | – No drinking, no drugs. Those are the rules. – Oh… | – 不准酗酒 不准吸毒是这的规矩 – 噢… | 
| [1:10:34] | But what? Establish parameters, encourage responsibility. | 但怎样 定好规矩 鼓励担起责任 | 
| [1:10:37] | That’s my job. | 这是我的工作 | 
| [1:10:38] | I let one person live outside those rules, and within a week, we’re skid row. | 让一个人坏了规矩 不到一周这里就会一团糟 | 
| [1:10:41] | Johnny, i’m asking you to make an exception. | Johnny 我求你网开一面 | 
| [1:10:43] | It’s for mar… johnny?! | 这是为了Mar… Johnny | 
| [1:10:45] | Within a week, we’re skid row. | 不到一周 这里就会一团糟 | 
| [1:10:50] | Can you believe that? They won’t give me another chance. | 你们相信吗 他们连一次机会都不给我 | 
| [1:10:52] | I mean, they kick me out like i’m a dog. | 他们把我像狗一样赶出去 | 
| [1:10:54] | Like i’m not a man. Huh? | 不把我当人看 不是吗 | 
| [1:10:55] | Mr. Elizar? | Elizar先生? | 
| [1:10:58] | May i talk to you? I’m stacey, maria’s teacher. | 我能跟你说两句吗 我是Stacey Maria的老师 | 
| [1:11:01] | Yeah, i know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 | 
| [1:11:04] | Where are you and maria going to go? | 你和Maria要上哪去 | 
| [1:11:08] | The streets are no place for your daughter. | 街头不是你女儿待的地方 | 
| [1:11:10] | Are you trying to tell me what to do, now? | 你是要教我怎么做吗 | 
| [1:11:12] | No. I-I’m trying to help you in any way that i can. | 我是想尽我所能帮你 | 
| [1:11:16] | Do you have a plan? | 你有什么想法吗 | 
| [1:11:21] | Look, i don’t know what to do. | 听着 我不知道怎么办 | 
| [1:11:29] | What if she stays with me? | 让她跟着我行吗 | 
| [1:11:33] | What if… | 如果… | 
| [1:11:37] | What if she stays with me until you find a safe place to live? | 让她跟着我 直到你找到一个 能正常生活的地方怎么样 | 
| [1:11:40] | – Why would you do that? – Because you need help. | – 你为什么要这么做 – 因为你需要帮助 | 
| [1:11:43] | And maria needs help. Your daughter is 12 years old. | Maria也需要帮助 你女儿才12岁 | 
| [1:11:45] | You know better than i what could happen to her on the street. | 你比我更清楚 让她流落街头会怎么样 | 
| [1:11:55] | You’ll keep her safe? | 你会保证她安全吗 | 
| [1:11:58] | While i get it together? | 等我把事情处理好? | 
| [1:12:00] | Yes. | 会 | 
| [1:12:06] | I love my girl. | 我爱我女儿 | 
| [1:12:09] | Of course you do. | 当然 | 
| [1:12:17] | Keep her safe, right? No strangers. | 保证她安全 好吗 不让陌生人靠近 | 
| [1:12:21] | Just until i can get it together. | 等我把事情处理好 | 
| [1:12:25] | Once i get a place, she’s with me. | 我一找到地方 就会把她带走 | 
| [1:12:28] | Absolutely. That’s the deal. | 当然 说定了 | 
| [1:12:44] | This is my home phone number. | 这是我家的电话 | 
| [1:12:49] | You can call anytime. | 你随时可以打 | 
| [1:13:00] | – Okay. | – Okay. – 好的 – 好 | 
| [1:13:10] | Hi, honey. It’s me. Just wanted to check in with you. | 嗨 亲爱的 是我 就想跟你联系下 | 
| [1:13:14] | Um, ’cause i’m not just bringing home a gallon of milk tonight. | 呃 因为我今晚不会 带一加仑牛奶回家了 | 
| [1:13:19] | I’m, um… | 我要 呃… | 
| [1:13:24] | Well, i’m bringing home a kid. | 我要带个孩子回家 | 
| [1:13:30] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [1:13:36] | You okay, colie? | 你没事吧 Colie? | 
| [1:13:39] | – You like playing baseball? – I never played it. | – 你喜欢打棒球吗 – 我从没打过 | 
| [1:13:43] | – Maria, do you want some more spaghetti? – No. | – Maria 想再来点意大利面吗 – 不用了 | 
| [1:13:46] | You can have more. I eat a lot. I eat tons. | 你可以多吃点 我就吃很多 大吃特吃 | 
| [1:13:49] | Just don’t eat so much that noodles come out of your nose. | 别吃到面条从鼻子里冒出来就好 | 
| [1:13:52] | – That happened to me once. – That never happened. | – 我就试过一次 – 没有吧 | 
| [1:13:54] | – Yes, it did. – It did, actually. | – 是有过一次 – 是的 真的 | 
| [1:13:56] | – Disgusting! – I know. | – 真恶心 – 我知道 | 
| [1:14:01] | This is my dad’s mitt. | 这是我爸的手套 | 
| [1:14:03] | You can try this on, if you want. | 愿意的话带上试试 | 
| [1:14:05] | They don’t have softball in the third grade, so i play little league. | 三年级没有垒球 所以我打小联赛 | 
| [1:14:09] | I have the best batting average in the whole third grade. | 我的击打率在三年级最高 | 
| [1:14:12] | I’m not bragging or anything. | 我可不是吹牛 | 
| [1:14:13] | – It’s just true. – She’s good. | – 都是真的 – 她是很强 | 
| [1:14:15] | Maria, there’s an extra blanket for you here, okay? | Maria 这条毯子给你 好吗 | 
| [1:14:18] | And, you two, I want to see your homework in a half an hour. | 还有你俩 半小时内完成作业 | 
| [1:14:20] | That’s what it’s like living with a teacher. | 跟个老师生活就这么惨 | 
| [1:14:24] | The kids are great about this. | 孩子们表现很棒 | 
| [1:14:26] | Yeah, i’d expect no less. | 不敢奢求了 | 
| [1:14:30] | Uh, look, do you… do you really have any reason | 呃 听着 你有理由相信 | 
| [1:14:33] | to think the father’s going to come back? | 她父亲会回来吗 | 
| [1:14:35] | Of course he’s coming back. | 当然会回来 | 
| [1:14:38] | When? | 何时 | 
| [1:14:40] | You’re getting pretty deeply involved here. | 你陷得很深 | 
| [1:14:43] | Well, maria can’t stay at the shelter without a guardian, so… | 没有监护人 Maria不能待在收容所 所以… | 
| [1:14:47] | Well, yeah, but aren’t we… aren’t we obligated to call protective services? | 是啊 但我们… 我们不是有义务 告知保护福利机构吗 | 
| [1:14:50] | And try what? | 然后干什么 | 
| [1:14:51] | Legally separate them because they’re homeless? | 因为他们无家可归 所以合法地拆散他们? | 
| [1:14:53] | Well, if the father can’t take care of her, then yeah. Somebody else should. | 如果她父亲照顾不了他 当然该由别人照顾她 | 
| [1:14:58] | You know what? | 知道吗 | 
| [1:15:00] | Every day i wait for someone to sweep on in and solve the problems out there. | 每天我都期待着有人 跳出来解决所有的问题 | 
| [1:15:04] | But there’s no superman coming, greg. | 但没有超人出现 Greg | 
| [1:15:07] | I mean, tag, we’re it. Right? | 我是说 Tag 这是我们的事 对吧 | 
| [1:15:09] | This happened in my classroom, and i had to do something about it. | 这事发生在我班上 我总得做点什么 | 
| [1:15:14] | I’m glad you’re there. | 很高兴你能帮助她 | 
| [1:15:18] | Okay, in 20 minutes, I want you sitting in the reading circle. | 好了 20分钟后 希望你们在读书会上坐好 | 
| [1:15:24] | Hi. | 嗨 | 
| [1:15:27] | Any word from maria’s father? | 有Maria父亲的消息吗 | 
| [1:15:29] | Yeah, but it’s a lot of the same, you know. | 有 但还是那样 你知道 | 
| [1:15:34] | Why can’t these parents just get it together? | 为什么这些家长都不能做好呢 | 
| [1:15:36] | Believe it or not, most of them are doing better than their own parents did. | 信不信由你 他们中大部分 已经做得比他们的父母好了 | 
| [1:15:40] | Oh. Why do they get to use the terrible childhood excuse? | 为什么他们就能用悲惨的童年做借口 | 
| [1:15:43] | My childhood wasn’t great. Was yours? | 我的童年也不咋地 你的呢 | 
| [1:15:45] | When i first started work here, | 我刚来这工作时 | 
| [1:15:48] | I was frustrated all the time. | 也很挫败 | 
| [1:15:50] | I said to myself, “i am from a poor country. | 我跟自己说 “我来自一个贫穷的国家” | 
| [1:15:52] | “What’s wrong with these people? I pulled myself up. “ | “这些人是怎么回事 我就自立自强了” | 
| [1:15:55] | But you know something? My judgment didn’t help me. | 但你知道吗 我的判断帮不了我 | 
| [1:15:59] | And it didn’t change a thing. | 也改变不了任何事 | 
| [1:16:04] | Your blood pressure’s high. | 你的血压很高 | 
| [1:16:06] | Why don’t you ask them for help? | 干嘛不让他们帮忙呢 | 
| [1:16:08] | – Who? – The parents. | – 谁 – 家长们 | 
| [1:16:11] | Yeah, yeah. We’ll… we’ll hold a pta meeting. | 是啊 是啊 我们可以开个家长会 | 
| [1:16:14] | Why not? | 干嘛不呢 | 
| [1:16:16] | The parents see me coming, they hide. | 家长们一见我就躲起来 | 
| [1:16:20] | They run away. They know i’ll say, “put out that cigarette. “ | 他们逃开 知道我会说”把烟熄了” | 
| [1:16:23] | “You have diabetes. Why are you drinking cola?” | “你有糖尿病 干嘛喝可乐” | 
| [1:16:27] | I’m asking something from them that’s harder to give than money. | 我在要求他们做到 比拿出钱了更难的事 | 
| [1:16:31] | I am asking them to change their habits. | 我要求他们改变他们的习惯 | 
| [1:16:43] | Hi, everybody. | 嗨 各位 | 
| [1:16:46] | Everyone, have a seat. | 各位 请坐 | 
| [1:16:51] | Is everybody here? | 人都到齐了吗 | 
| [1:16:52] | Well, if we weren’t here, we wouldn’t be here to tell you. | 不在的 也不会跟你说他不在 | 
| [1:16:54] | Oh, yay. Candy’s here. | 是哦 Candy都来了 | 
| [1:16:57] | Are our kids okay, stacey? | 我们的孩子没事吧 Stacey | 
| [1:16:59] | Your kids are wonderful. | 你们的孩子很好 | 
| [1:17:01] | Really. I mean, they’re doing great. | 真的 我是说 他们表现很好 | 
| [1:17:02] | But they could be doing better, | 但还可以更好 | 
| [1:17:04] | so this is why i’ve called our first parent-Teacher meeting. | 正因此我召集大家开个家长会 | 
| [1:17:07] | – Okay. – Thank you for coming. | – 好吧 – 谢谢你们参加 | 
| [1:17:10] | So… | 那么… | 
| [1:17:12] | Children in other schools are doing something that your kids don’t. | 别的学校的孩子 在做些你们的孩子没在做的事 | 
| [1:17:16] | And i am completely to blame. | 这都是我的错 | 
| [1:17:19] | – They’re doing homework. – Homework. | – 他们做家庭作业 – 家庭作业 | 
| [1:17:22] | And i want your kids to have every advantage that we can give them. | 我希望我们能尽我们所能教育他们 | 
| [1:17:25] | So, as of tomorrow, I’m going to start assigning homework to the kids. | 所以明天我会开始 给孩子们布置家庭作业 | 
| [1:17:30] | This is what i need from you. 15 minutes, that’s all. | 我要的就那么多 15分钟 | 
| [1:17:33] | 15 minutes a day whether it’s after school | 每天15分钟 放学后也好 | 
| [1:17:35] | or when you’re having supper at saint vincent’s, | 在Saint Vincent吃晚餐时也好 | 
| [1:17:37] | ask your kids what they learned that day. | 问问你们的孩子今天学到了什么 | 
| [1:17:39] | The best part of their day is sharing their stories with you. | 他们一天最美好的 就是跟你们分享他们的故事 | 
| [1:17:43] | Okay, and the second thing that i was thinking- | 其次我考虑的是– | 
| [1:17:46] | we can take a vote on this- | 我们可以投个票 | 
| [1:17:48] | is to turn the television room into a study hall four afternoons a week for the kids. | 决定是否一周有四个下午 把电视间改成孩子的自习室 | 
| [1:17:53] | What do you mean, a “study hall”? | “自习室”是怎么个意思 | 
| [1:17:55] | Two hours in the afternoon, the television goes off. | 下午两小时 不开电视 | 
| [1:18:01] | And the kids have a quiet, calm place to study and do their homework. | 让孩子们有个安静的做作业的环境 | 
| [1:18:05] | And if you can sit with them, let them know that what they’re doing is important. | 还有你们是否愿意跟他们坐一起 让他们知道他们在做的很重要 | 
| [1:18:08] | So, in this study hall, can we smoke? | 那在这自习室里我们可以抽烟吗 | 
| [1:18:13] | I’m just messin’ with you. I’m sorry. No. Okay. | 开玩笑啦 抱歉 不 没问题 | 
| [1:18:17] | Hour… no, two hours. Right? Two hours. | 一… 不 两小时 对吧 两小时 | 
| [1:18:20] | No tv, no smoking. | 不看电视 不吸烟 | 
| [1:18:24] | Who’s for it? Up with the hands. | 谁支持的 举手 | 
| [1:18:27] | Come on. | 拜托啦 | 
| [1:18:31] | – Is that up? – Fine. | – 那算是举了吗 – 好吧 | 
| [1:18:34] | Okay. Fors the win… I am so good at this pta thing. | 好了 全票通过 我还真擅长开家长会 | 
| [1:18:39] | I think so. | 我也觉得 | 
| [1:18:41] | See, this is already making my job that much easier. | 看吧 这样我的工作就好做多了 | 
| [1:18:43] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 | 
| [1:18:45] | What would you add to make a whole? Yes? | 你要加多少能成一整个 嗯? | 
| [1:18:47] | – A quarter. | – A quarter. Good. High five. – 四分之一 – 四分之一 很好 击掌 | 
| [1:18:50] | Okay, let’s see. | 好 我们看看 | 
| [1:18:52] | All right, so if i take away a quarter, | 好了 如果我拿走四分之一 | 
| [1:18:55] | what could you add to make a whole? | 你得加多少才能凑成一个 | 
| [1:18:59] | – Um… another quarter? – Grace! | – 呃… 再拿个四分之一? | 
| [1:19:01] | – Yeah, you did it. – Come here. | – 嗯 试试吧 – 过来 | 
| [1:19:03] | Mom. | 妈 | 
| [1:19:05] | Come on, please? Come here. | 过来 好吗 过来 | 
| [1:19:16] | – I got it. – You try to figure this out, all right? | – 交给我吧 – 解决它 好吗 | 
| [1:19:18] | What else could you put here? | 还能在这放什么 | 
| [1:19:40] | I need to put my name. I already got it. | – 我得加个名字 – 已经加了 | 
| [1:19:42] | Sex? Girl. | – 性别? – 女生 | 
| [1:19:47] | What’s it say right here? | 这里说什么 | 
| [1:19:50] | “What previous…”Experience | “你有何…” | 
| [1:19:54] | “Do you have in the food service in-Dust-Ry?” | “在餐-饮-业工作的经验?” | 
| [1:20:00] | Industry. Oh. | 餐饮业 噢 | 
| [1:20:02] | Put down four years in picking… | |
| [1:20:06] | No. Put down four years in the | 不对 4年工作经验 | 
| [1:20:09] | Farm industry. | 种植业 | 
| [1:20:11] | “Four… | “四…” | 
| [1:20:12] | Years… | “年…” | 
| [1:20:15] | In the… farm… “ | “种植业” | 
| [1:20:18] | Grace, when you’re done helping your mom, | Grace 帮母亲干完活 | 
| [1:20:19] | Will you come back to class, please? | 你能来一下课室吗? | 
| [1:20:22] | Candy, meet me in my class at 4:00. | Candy 4点来课室找我 | 
| [1:20:26] | – Industry. – Oh. | – “经验” – 噢 | 
| [1:20:29] | Hey, everybody! Ready to celebrate our first day of study hall? | 嘿 大家 准备好庆祝在自修室的第一天没? | 
| [1:20:33] | Animal crackers. Lions, tigers, bears, anyone? | 动物饼干 狮子 老虎 熊 谁要? | 
| [1:20:36] | Yeah! | 好耶 | 
| [1:20:39] | – Lemonade. – Wow! | – 柠檬水 – 喔 | 
| [1:20:41] | – Here you go. – Thank you. | – 给你 – 谢谢 | 
| [1:20:43] | – Gracias. – De nada. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 | 
| [1:20:45] | – Okay, what do you say? – Thank you! | – 你要说什么? – 谢谢 | 
| [1:21:07] | What? | 什么事 | 
| [1:21:11] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 | 
| [1:21:14] | You’re gonna have me kicked out of here now? | 你现在要把我赶走? | 
| [1:21:17] | You’re the big teacher walking around all important? | 你是这里最有地位的老师吗? | 
| [1:21:22] | Candy, do you have trouble reading? | Candy 你不认字吗 | 
| [1:21:30] | If you put in the time to learn, i’ll put in the time to teach. | 如果你花时间学 我会花时间教 | 
| [1:21:35] | I know i’m just a beginner, But | 我知道我只是新手 不过… | 
| [1:21:37] | I have spent years studying reading strategies. | 我学了很多年阅读技巧 | 
| [1:21:39] | You think you saw something. | 你以为你刚看到了什么 | 
| [1:21:43] | You think you know anything about me? | 你以为你了解我吗? | 
| [1:21:49] | It helps your children | 如果你能认字 | 
| [1:21:50] | If you know how to read, candy. | 能帮助你的孩子 Candy | 
| [1:22:02] | You’d do that? | 你能做到? | 
| [1:22:06] | We could do that. | 我们能做到 | 
| [1:22:19] | Fine. | 好吧 | 
| [1:22:23] | Okay. | 行 | 
| [1:25:46] | Be careful with that, honey. | 小心 亲爱的 | 
| [1:25:48] | Oh, dropped it! | 噢 扔吧 | 
| [1:25:53] | You got no skills! | 你没技术 | 
| [1:25:55] | What if i taught until the baby’s born? | 如果我教书教到孩子出生呢? | 
| [1:26:01] | I mean, what if i taught this summer? | 我是说 如果我教这个夏天? | 
| [1:26:05] | I didn’t know they had summer school. | 他们有暑期学校? | 
| [1:26:08] | They don’t. Um, | 没有 呃 | 
| [1:26:10] | But i was thinking, if there was summer school, | 但我想 如果有暑期学校 | 
| [1:26:12] | You know, the kids could catch up in areas they lagged behind in. | 孩子能补回落下的课 | 
| [1:26:16] | Did they ask you to do that? Would you get paid? | 他们叫你这么做的? 有报酬吗 | 
| [1:26:19] | No. | 没有 | 
| [1:26:22] | But if i could just keep them off the streets for the summer, | 但如果我能在夏天让他们不要流落街头 | 
| [1:26:24] | You know, give them a boost in math and science. | 帮他们提高数学和科学 | 
| [1:26:28] | – I don’t know. – It’s just a thought. | – 不知道 – 只是一个想法 | 
| [1:26:32] | Have you ever thought about | 你有想过 | 
| [1:26:33] | Why it’s so hard for you to stop? | 为什么你这么孜孜不倦? | 
| [1:26:38] | ‘Cause i’ve been so lucky. | 因为我很幸运 | 
| [1:26:44] | Someone came into my life | 我生命里有个人 | 
| [1:26:47] | And taught me how to trust | 教我如何信任 | 
| [1:26:50] | And taught me to believe in myself. | 教我相信自己 | 
| [1:26:53] | And you know what? I’m pretty good at what i do. | 你知道吗 教书我很在行 | 
| [1:26:57] | You are the best teacher i’ve ever had. | 你是我见过最棒的老师 | 
| [1:27:02] | What am i supposed to say after that? | 你都这么说了 我该说什么好? | 
| [1:27:11] | A last hurrah? | 说好哇 | 
| [1:27:13] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [1:27:18] | You know what i don’t like about summer school? | 你知道我为什么不喜欢暑期学校吗? | 
| [1:27:21] | There’s no sports. | 没体育课 | 
| [1:27:25] | What if those kids had a coach? | 如果孩子们有个教练呢? | 
| [1:27:32] | – I love you. – Mm. | – 我爱你 – 嗯 | 
| [1:27:34] | All right! All right, all right, all right. | 好 好了 好了 好了 | 
| [1:27:36] | There’s kids here. | 这里有孩子 | 
| [1:27:37] | Come on. | 拜托 | 
| [1:27:40] | Go ahead and just set it down beside the truck, guys. | 去吧 放在卡车旁 伙计 | 
| [1:27:49] | ??? | |
| [1:27:52] | Dr. Warren, where did you get this? | Warren博士 你从哪里找来的 | 
| [1:27:56] | Oh, my daughter took lessons 30 years ago, | 噢 我女儿30年前上课用的 | 
| [1:27:58] | And nobody’s touched it since. | 之后没人用过 | 
| [1:28:01] | No, no, seriously. | 不 不 说真的 | 
| [1:28:03] | Nice truck. | 卡车不错 | 
| [1:28:04] | Yeah. I borrowed it from one of the guys in rotary. | 对 我问社区的人借的 | 
| [1:28:07] | Hey, i’ve got some good news. | 嘿 我有好消息 | 
| [1:28:09] | Kids are gonna have new classrooms built for ’em next year. | 孩子们明年会有新课室 | 
| [1:28:12] | Oh, that’s great. | 噢 太好了 | 
| [1:28:14] | Listen, | 听着 | 
| [1:28:16] | Will you make sure you find them | 你能确定在九月 | 
| [1:28:18] | A great teacher in september? | 为他们找个好老师吗? | 
| [1:28:20] | I mean, someone who’s more experienced than me. | 找个比我更有经验的 | 
| [1:28:22] | I would just feel so much better about leaving here | 那样即使我离开也安心 | 
| [1:28:24] | If you would do that. | 如果你能做到 | 
| [1:28:26] | I’m working on it. | 我会努力找 | 
| [1:28:30] | Well, i’d better see if this is still in tune. | 我得看看琴需不需调音 | 
| [1:29:13] | Field it, keep it in front of you, Just roll it back to me, all right? | 掷球 从你面前把球滚回来给我 好吗 | 
| [1:29:16] | Here we go. Robert, you’re first. | 来了 Robert 你第一个 | 
| [1:29:20] | Way to keep it in front of you. | 就这样放在你前面 | 
| [1:29:22] | Good! Maria. | 好 Maria | 
| [1:29:25] | That a girl! | 做得好 | 
| [1:29:35] | Okay, guys, here’s what we’re going to do. | 好了 大伙 我们接下来试试 | 
| [1:29:37] | Maria, | |
| [1:29:39] | Take those. | 拿着 | 
| [1:29:40] | Nicole, | |
| [1:29:41] | Show her how to set up the bases, okay? | 告诉她怎么布置本垒 行吗? | 
| [1:29:43] | Start with first. | 从第一个开始 | 
| [1:29:46] | Good, guys. | 很好 | 
| [1:29:57] | – Yay! That was awesome! – Bravo. | – 耶 太棒了 – 好啊 | 
| [1:30:00] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 | 
| [1:30:02] | Good job, mom. | 干得好 妈妈 | 
| [1:30:03] | Oh, thank you, honey. | 噢 谢谢 亲爱的 | 
| [1:30:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [1:30:07] | Take it inside, boys. | 拿进去 孩子们 | 
| [1:30:09] | All right, danny, keep your eye on the ball. | 好了 Danny 眼睛盯着球 | 
| [1:30:10] | Good level swing, all right? | 做个漂亮水平挥杆 好吗 | 
| [1:30:11] | Hang a rope now, babe. Here we go now, babe! | 宝贝 准备好 要开始了 | 
| [1:30:13] | Here we go now. Here we go, danny! | 来了 来了 Danny | 
| [1:30:16] | – Come on, baby, pitch it in there. – Come on now, grace! | – 来啊 宝贝 往这里投 – 来啊 Grace | 
| [1:30:18] | Put it in here. Right down the middle, come on! | 往这边投 中间 来吧 | 
| [1:30:20] | Good job! Nice, baby… Good | 干得好 漂亮 宝贝 好啊 | 
| [1:30:22] | – Shot! Yeah! Run it out! Dig! Dig! – Come on, go – All right, come on, you guys, let’s go, let’s go! | 进 好耶 跑啊 击球 击球 | 
| [1:30:28] | – Run it out! Come on! Come on, come on! Go get him! – Run, sam, run! | – 跑啊 加油 加油 超越他 – 跑 Sam 跑啊 | 
| [1:30:32] | Bring ’em around! You’re scoring, you’re scoring! | 反败为胜 你得分了 得分了 | 
| [1:30:34] | Whoo! | 喔! | 
| [1:30:35] | Come on, sam! Get in here, get in here! | 加油 Sam 投进 投进 | 
| [1:30:38] | Yes! | 好 | 
| [1:30:39] | – You did it! – Yeah! Nice job, buddy! Nice! – I’m so proud of you! | – 你做到了 – 耶 漂亮 兄弟 漂亮 – 我为你骄傲 | 
| [1:30:43] | Magenta- Three, viridian- Two. | Magenta 三分 Viridian 两分 | 
| [1:30:47] | – Come on! – You guys are great! | – Come on! – 加油 – 你们好棒 – 加油 | 
| [1:30:48] | Come on! | 加油 | 
| [1:30:49] | That’s the way, buddy. | 这样就对了 兄弟 | 
| [1:30:51] | Here we go, nicole. | 来了 Nicole | 
| [1:30:52] | Here we go, babe. | 来了 宝贝 | 
| [1:30:54] | Elbow up, nic. | 抬起手肘 Nic | 
| [1:30:57] | Put it in here now. | 现在往这投 | 
| [1:31:00] | – Nice! – Yeah! Come on! – Run it out! | – 好球 – 耶 加油 – 跑啊 | 
| [1:31:03] | Come on! | 加油! | 
| [1:31:06] | Go, go, go, go! | 上 上 上 上 | 
| [1:31:08] | Come on, grace! | 加油 Grace | 
| [1:31:10] | That a boy. That a boy. | 干得好 干得好 | 
| [1:31:12] | Bring it in! Come on! Come on! | 打败他们! 加油 加油! | 
| [1:31:14] | Papi. | 爸爸 | 
| [1:31:24] | – Papi! – Ay, hija mia! | – 爸爸 – 嗨 Mia | 
| [1:31:26] | Ah, mija. | |
| [1:31:29] | ???C | |
| [1:31:48] | Papi’s back. | 爸爸回来了 | 
| [1:31:51] | Yeah. | 对啊 | 
| [1:31:52] | Hi, mr. Elizar. | 你好 Elizar先生 | 
| [1:31:55] | – Hi. – How are you? | – 你好 – 你最近怎样 | 
| [1:31:57] | I missed my girl. | 我想女儿 | 
| [1:31:59] | She missed you, too. | 她也想你 | 
| [1:32:17] | Can you just give him another chance? | 你能再给他一次机会吗 | 
| [1:32:19] | He’s been living out of his truck. | 他一直住在卡车里 | 
| [1:32:20] | I made the rules very clear, and carlos broke them. | 规矩早就定好 是Carlos自己违反的 | 
| [1:32:25] | Listen, If you give him a room, | 听着 如果你给他一房间 | 
| [1:32:26] | Then he won’t take maria away. She can… she can stay in camp. | 他不会带Maria走 她可以…可以待在营里 | 
| [1:32:29] | She’s been thriving here. | 她在这里很开心 | 
| [1:32:34] | Tell him he has a room. | 告诉他 他有房间了 | 
| [1:32:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [1:32:49] | I want you to have my backpack. | 我想送你背包 | 
| [1:32:52] | Don’t say good-Bye, okay? It’s bad luck. | 别说再见 好吗 那不吉利 | 
| [1:33:04] | Why does maria have to leave? | 为什么Maria得走 | 
| [1:33:06] | You know what, sweetie? | 你知道吗 亲爱的 | 
| [1:33:08] | She’s going to go and | 她要走 | 
| [1:33:11] | Stay with her daddy. | 和她爸爸在一起 | 
| [1:33:12] | But we’re still going to see her every day at camp. | 但我们仍可以天天在营地见到她 | 
| [1:33:15] | And we’re still going to get to spend some time together. | 我们仍可以在一起玩 | 
| [1:33:18] | Okay? | 明白吗 | 
| [1:33:29] | So, light from the sun, | 太阳的光 | 
| [1:33:31] | Plus chlorophyll in the leaves, | 加上树叶的叶绿素 | 
| [1:33:34] | Plus carbon dioxide in the air, | 再加空气中的二氧化碳 | 
| [1:33:37] | Combine in photosynthesis | 就是光合作用 | 
| [1:33:39] | To make food for the plant. | 为植物提供食物 | 
| [1:33:41] | In return, the leaves release oxygen for us to breath. | 作为回报 树叶为我们提供氧气 | 
| [1:33:47] | I like that. | 我喜欢 | 
| [1:33:49] | What? | 什么 | 
| [1:33:51] | When you wear the bracelet. | 你戴手镯的样子 | 
| [1:33:57] | It was you? | 是你给我的吗 | 
| [1:34:04] | It was? | 真的? | 
| [1:34:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [1:34:10] | I love it. I wear it all the time. | 我很喜欢 我一直戴着 | 
| [1:34:21] | Are you guys excited about the open house tomorrow? | 明天就是开放日 兴奋吗 | 
| [1:34:24] | Yeah. | 是的 | 
| [1:34:25] | Can’t wait to show your parents all the wonderful work that you’ve done. | 迫不及待向父母展示你们的成果 | 
| [1:34:28] | – Bye, miss stacey. – Bye. | – 再见 Stacey老师 – 再见 | 
| [1:34:30] | You guys get a big sleep, okay? | 要睡个好觉喔 行吗 | 
| [1:34:32] | – Have an early night. – Okay. – Promise? | – 早点睡吧 – 好 – 答应了喔 | 
| [1:34:34] | – Mm-Hmm. – Bye. – Bye, miss stacey! | – 嗯 – 再见 – 再见 Stacey老师 | 
| [1:34:38] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 | 
| [1:34:49] | So, if there’s runners on base, | 如果选手上垒 | 
| [1:34:51] | It’s pretty much the stretch. | 这可是好长的一段路 | 
| [1:34:53] | – You start with your right foot on… – Come on, guys! | – 先出你的右脚… – 来吧 大家 | 
| [1:34:56] | And you come to a stop right here, like… | 然后在这里停一下 就像… | 
| [1:34:58] | Go tell your daddy i’m ready to go. | 告诉你爸爸 我能走了 | 
| [1:35:00] | And you check the runners… | 然后检查选手… | 
| [1:35:01] | – He’s still coaching. – And you know, | – 他还在上课 – 你就知道 | 
| [1:35:03] | Qnce you see that the runners are going… | 一旦你看到选手跑向… | 
| [1:35:07] | We’ll just watch for a bit. | 那一起看吧 | 
| [1:35:11] | Sit with me for a bit. | 陪我坐一下 | 
| [1:35:14] | Have a good day? | 今天开心吗 | 
| [1:35:16] | Okay, try one, try one. | 好 试一下 试一下 | 
| [1:35:19] | It’s a big belly, isn’t it? | 好大的肚子 对吗 | 
| [1:35:24] | – Good! – Ooh, nice. | – 好 – 噢 漂亮 | 
| [1:35:25] | That actually hurt my hand. Give me five. | 我手都痛了 来击掌 | 
| [1:35:28] | Yeah! | 耶 | 
| [1:35:29] | That was good! | 太棒了 | 
| [1:35:30] | WELCOME PARENTS SUMMER CAMP OPNE HOUSE | 欢迎家长参加夏令营开放日 | 
| [1:35:38] | – Hey, mama. – Hey. | – 嘿 Mama – 嘿 | 
| [1:35:41] | Have you seen carlos and maria today? | 今天有见到Carlos和Maria吗? | 
| [1:35:43] | Uh… | 呃… | 
| [1:35:45] | No, not yet. | 还没 | 
| [1:35:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [1:35:54] | What am i looking at? | 这是? | 
| [1:35:56] | We built a bridge out of spaghetti. | 我们用意大利面造了一座桥 | 
| [1:35:57] | Okay. | 好 | 
| [1:35:59] | When can we eat it? | 我们什么时候能吃? | 
| [1:36:05] | I’m sorry, go on. | 对不起 继续 | 
| [1:36:06] | It’s all about tensile strength. | 和抗张强度有关 | 
| [1:36:08] | One piece, and… | 单独一条的话… | 
| [1:36:10] | But, all together… | 但放在一起… | 
| [1:36:18] | Look at that. | 快看 | 
| [1:36:23] | We learned about photosynthesis. | 我们学了光合作用 | 
| [1:36:26] | See those white roots? | 看见白色根没? | 
| [1:36:27] | Roots anchor the plant into the soil, | 根把植物固定在土壤里 | 
| [1:36:29] | And the root hairs- | 还有根须 | 
| [1:36:31] | That’s the tiny, tiny hair on the roots- | 根上小小的须 | 
| [1:36:33] | They absorb the water. | 它们吸收水分 | 
| [1:36:35] | Nice. | 厉害 | 
| [1:36:42] | What happened to this? | 这个怎么了? | 
| [1:36:47] | Daddy, what is this called? | 爸爸 这叫什么? | 
| [1:36:49] | Uh, that is an abacus. They used to use those in china | 呃 那是算盘 没计算器时 | 
| [1:36:52] | Before calculators. | 中国人用这个 | 
| [1:36:58] | Hey. Have you seen maria? | 嘿 见过Maria吗? | 
| [1:36:59] | No. | 没 | 
| [1:37:01] | I can’t find her anywhere. | 我到处都找不到她 | 
| [1:37:38] | Maria? | |
| [1:37:47] | Ms. Stacey | Stacey小姐收 | 
| [1:37:53] | If i don’t say good-Bye, | 如果我不说再见 | 
| [1:37:54] | I can imagine you’re always with me. | 我能想象你一直陪着我 | 
| [1:37:57] | Love, maria. | 爱你的Maria | 
| [1:38:02] | Please, by monday this time, okay? You’re always late. | 请你 星期一这个时候之前 好吗? 你总是迟到 | 
| [1:38:06] | – Yeah, monday… – Maria and carlos are gone. | – 对 星期一… – Maria和Carlos走了 | 
| [1:38:08] | S | 再见 | 
| [1:38:10] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [1:38:13] | He can’t just leave like that. | 他不能就这么走 | 
| [1:38:15] | That’s what happens here. People leave. | 都这样 不时有人会离开 | 
| [1:38:18] | This is a temporary shelter. | 这是个临时庇护所 | 
| [1:38:20] | Residents are here until they get back on their feet | 等到住宿者重新振作 他们就离开 | 
| [1:38:22] | – Or decide to just move on. – He can’t just go without telling us his- | – 或者只是想搬走 – 他不能不说一声就离开 | 
| [1:38:25] | – His plans and- And where he’s going. – He’s her father. | – 他的计划 他要去哪里 – 他是她的父亲 | 
| [1:38:27] | We got no right to tell a parent what to do, where to go. | 我们无权教一个父亲该做什么 去哪里 | 
| [1:38:30] | That’s the trick. | 生活就这样 | 
| [1:38:32] | It’s not easy. | 不容易 | 
| [1:38:36] | You serve. | 你一直为大家服务 | 
| [1:38:37] | You have no control over what happens. | 你无法控制事情 | 
| [1:38:41] | But you keep serving. | 但你一直为大家服务 | 
| [1:38:44] | You keep serving. | 一直服务 | 
| [1:41:15] | So, who else has something they want to share? | |
| [1:41:18] | We have really good news. | 我们有好消息 | 
| [1:41:20] | Daddy found a job, | 爸爸找到工作了 | 
| [1:41:21] | And we’re moving into our own apartment. | 我们要搬到自己的房子 | 
| [1:41:25] | That’s great, sweetie. What’s wrong? | 那是好事啊 宝贝 怎么了 | 
| [1:41:28] | Except we won’t be going to school here anymore. | 可我们不在这里上学了 | 
| [1:41:32] | Oh, honey. | 噢 亲爱的 | 
| [1:41:34] | You know what? You are going to have so much fun at your new school. | 你知道吗 在新学校你会很快乐的 | 
| [1:41:37] | I promise. You, too. | 我保证 你也会的 | 
| [1:41:40] | You are. And we’re so happy for you, aren’t we, guys? | 是的 我们替你感到高兴 对吗大家? | 
| [1:41:43] | Yeah? | 对吧 | 
| [1:41:45] | You know, i have something I have to share with you guys, too. | 我也有话想说 | 
| [1:41:49] | At the end of this month, | 这个月底 | 
| [1:41:51] | I’m going to have to leave to have this baby. | 我要离开去生孩子 | 
| [1:41:57] | But i love you all so much, | 但我好爱你们 | 
| [1:41:58] | And i’m going to come visit as much as i can. Okay? | 我会尽量回来看望你们 好吗 | 
| [1:42:02] | Who’s gonna teach us? | 谁来教我们 | 
| [1:42:03] | Well, our good friend dr. Warren | 我们的好朋友 Warren博士 | 
| [1:42:05] | Is already looking for the perfect replacement. | 已经在找最合适的老师 | 
| [1:42:10] | Danny. | |
| [1:42:18] | You know what? | 这样吧 | 
| [1:42:20] | Why don’t we go to recess? | 不如我们休息一下 | 
| [1:42:34] | Young man, put that cigarette out. | 小伙子 把烟灭了 | 
| [1:42:50] | You know how proud i am of you? | 你知道我多以你为傲吗? | 
| [1:42:53] | People trust you. | 大伙相信你 | 
| [1:42:56] | You know why? ‘Cause you’re trustworthy. | 你知道为什么 因为你值得信任 | 
| [1:43:00] | You’re a natural born leader. | 你天生是个领导者 | 
| [1:43:08] | Which is why from now until your 18th birthday, | 也因为这样 从现在起到你18岁生日 | 
| [1:43:10] | I’m going to hunt you down wherever you are | 我要赶着你 | 
| [1:43:11] | And give you a book list which i expect you to read | 给你书单去读书 | 
| [1:43:14] | And report on without fail. | 并且写出让人满意的报告 | 
| [1:43:17] | – No. – Yes. | – 不 – 是的 | 
| [1:43:22] | How many books? | 多少本书? | 
| [1:43:24] | Ten a year. | 十本一年 | 
| [1:43:26] | – No way. – Yes way. | – 不行 – 行 | 
| [1:43:37] | I will hunt you down, And i will find you. | 我会盯着你 找到你 | 
| [1:44:13] | Greg. | |
| [1:44:18] | – Honey. – Huh? What? | – 亲爱的 – 啊? 什么? | 
| [1:44:19] | We got to call your mother. It’s time. | 我们得打给你妈妈 时候到了 | 
| [1:44:21] | – Time? – It’s time! – Time. Time. Time. | – 时候? – 要生了 – 生了 生了 生了 | 
| [1:44:24] | Okay, okay. | 好 好 | 
| [1:44:25] | Here we go. | 来了 | 
| [1:44:28] | It’s time. It’s time. | 时候到了 时候到了 | 
| [1:44:31] | This one’s coming fast. | 这次来得好快啊 | 
| [1:44:35] | Hi, mckenzie. I’m your brother, brandon. | 你好 Mckenzie 我是你哥哥 Brandon | 
| [1:44:39] | Hi, mckenzie. | 你好 Mckenzie | 
| [1:44:40] | Hi. | 你好 | 
| [1:44:42] | She looks like a tadpole. | 她好像蝌蚪 | 
| [1:44:45] | That’s the way newborn babies look, buddy. | 这是新生婴儿的样子 兄弟 | 
| [1:44:48] | You have a big family. | 你有个大家庭 | 
| [1:44:50] | We have a crowd of your people in the waiting area. | 等候区有一堆你的朋友 | 
| [1:44:53] | About ten of them claim to be your kids. | 大约有十个 说是你孩子 | 
| [1:45:01] | Maternity Ward | |
| [1:45:09] | Here they come. | 他们来了 | 
| [1:45:11] | – Hi, miss stacey. What’s her name? – This is baby mckenzie. | – 你好 Stacey老师 她叫什么 – 这是Mckenzie宝贝 | 
| [1:45:17] | Oh. Miss stacey, did it hurt? | 噢 Stacey老师 痛吗 | 
| [1:45:20] | Don’t talk so loud. | 别太大声 | 
| [1:45:22] | Can i touch her? | 我能摸一下吗 | 
| [1:45:23] | Mckenzie’s so little. | Mckenzie好小个 | 
| [1:45:26] | Oh, this is from us. | 噢 这是我们送给你们的 | 
| [1:45:28] | You do this. | 拉一下 | 
| [1:45:30] | – Oh, guys. – It was danny’s when he was little. | – 噢 大家 – 是Danny小时候的玩具 | 
| [1:45:33] | He wants the baby to have it. | 他想送给婴儿 | 
| [1:45:36] | It’s mckenzie’s now. | 现在属于Mckenzie了 | 
| [1:45:39] | Thank you so much. Look. | 谢谢你 看 | 
| [1:45:42] | Hi. That’s a nice smile. | 你好 漂亮的笑容 | 
| [1:45:47] | Hi. | 你好 | 
| [1:45:49] | To dana’s new teacher: | 给Dana的新老师: | 
| [1:45:50] | Dana is a delight. | Dana很开朗 | 
| [1:45:52] | She is intelligent, Perceptive, | 她很聪明 洞察力强 | 
| [1:45:54] | And has a special aptitude for science. | 对科学有特别天分 | 
| [1:45:56] | Dana is kind, | Dana很善良 | 
| [1:45:57] | Protective of others, and has enormous strength of character. | 爱保护他人 性格坚强 | 
| [1:46:00] | I know you will enjoy having her in your class. | 你将会很高兴班上有她 | 
| [1:46:03] | Sincerely, stacey bess, shelter school. | 真诚的 Stacey Bess 庇护所学校 | 
| [1:46:06] | It’s a pleasure to meet you, dana. | 很荣幸认识你 Dana | 
| [1:46:08] | – Glad to have you in our class. – Thank you. | – 很高兴班上有你 – 谢谢你 | 
| [1:46:10] | Can i have my letter back? | 我能拿回信吗? | 
| [1:46:12] | That’s from my teacher. | 是我老师写的 | 
| [1:46:29] | Hello? | 喂 | 
| [1:46:30] | Hello? | 喂 | 
| [1:46:32] | Miss stacey? | Stacey老师? | 
| [1:46:33] | Maria? | |
| [1:46:36] | Maria, where are you? | Maria 你在哪儿 | 
| [1:46:37] | I’m here at mi abuela’s. | 我在Mi Abuela | 
| [1:46:39] | My grandmother’s house in el paso. | El Paso我祖母家 | 
| [1:46:41] | And guess what? | 猜猜怎么了? | 
| [1:46:42] | I just started junior high, | 我刚上初中 | 
| [1:46:44] | And it’s not like i’m the new kid, | 我感觉不像是新生 | 
| [1:46:46] | ‘Cause everybody’s new in seventh grade. | 因为每个人都是刚上七年级 | 
| [1:46:49] | I just wanted you to know that | 我只想告诉你 | 
| [1:46:52] | I’m not going to forget you. | 我不会忘记你的 | 
| [1:46:54] | I’m not going to forget you. | 我不会忘记你的 | 
| [1:46:57] | You let me know how you’re doing, okay? | 你让我知道自己在做什么 明白吗? | 
| [1:46:59] | How school is? And you stay in school. | 学校怎么样 你留在学校 | 
| [1:47:01] | You promise me you’re going to stay in school. | 答应我你会留在学校 | 
| [1:47:03] | Of course i’m staying in school. | 当然我会留在那里 | 
| [1:47:05] | I’m going to be a teacher, | 我要当老师 | 
| [1:47:06] | Just like you. | 就像你 | 
| [1:47:10] | Miss stacey? | Stacey老师? | 
| [1:47:11] | Yeah, i’m here. | 对 我在 | 
| [1:47:13] | Say “hi” to nicole and brandon for me. | 帮我问候Nicole和Brandon | 
| [1:47:16] | I will. | 我会的 | 
| [1:47:18] | Promise | 答应我 | 
| [1:47:19] | We won’t ever say good-Bye. | 我们永远不会说再见 | 
| [1:47:21] | – Okay? – Okay. | – 好吗? – 好的 | 
| [1:47:33] | Knock, knock. | |
| [1:47:35] | Hi. | 你好 | 
| [1:47:37] | Hey! | 嘿 | 
| [1:47:39] | There she is. | 她来了 | 
| [1:47:40] | Dr. Warren. | Warren博士 | 
| [1:47:42] | – Oh, my goodness. – You wanted to meet her? | – 噢 我的上帝 – 想见她吧 | 
| [1:47:44] | – I do! – Here we go. | – 是的 – 走吧 | 
| [1:47:47] | Oh, my. | 噢 天 | 
| [1:47:49] | – Hi. Look at you! – You want to see dr. Warren? | – 你好 看看你! – 你想见Warren博士? | 
| [1:47:52] | Here, why don’t we do it this way? | 不如给你抱抱吧 | 
| [1:47:53] | – Oh, i get to hold her? Oh, my goodness. – Oh, goodness. | – 噢 要我抱她? 噢 我的天 – 噢 上帝 | 
| [1:47:56] | – Oh, yes. – Oh, yeah. Hi, there. | 噢 是的 | 
| [1:47:58] | I’m telling you, she’s the easiest baby i’ve ever had. | 我告诉你 她是最乖的孩子 | 
| [1:48:00] | She just eats and sleeps on schedule. | 她准时吃饭 睡觉 | 
| [1:48:02] | We pretty much just | 我们只是 | 
| [1:48:05] | Wait at home for nicole and brandon to get home from school. | 在家等Nicole和Brandon放学回家 | 
| [1:48:08] | Yeah, that’s what we do. | 对 我们就这么做 | 
| [1:48:10] | Oh, she is so beautiful. | 噢 她好漂亮 | 
| [1:48:11] | Isn’t she? | 对吗? | 
| [1:48:13] | – Put you down here. – There we go. | – 放在这儿 – 来咯 | 
| [1:48:16] | Oh, she is gorgeous. | 噢 她好漂亮 | 
| [1:48:20] | How’s our school? | 我们学校怎么了 | 
| [1:48:22] | Great! | 很好! | 
| [1:48:23] | Construction starts in the spring. | 春天开始动工 | 
| [1:48:25] | But the best part | 但最好的… | 
| [1:48:27] | Is the new legislation. | 是新规定 | 
| [1:48:29] | Next year it’s going to be easier for homeless students | 下一年对无家可归的学生 | 
| [1:48:31] | To register at any school in the district. | 可以在这区任何学校注册 | 
| [1:48:34] | – That’s amazing. Mm-Hmm. | – 太好了 – 嗯 | 
| [1:48:36] | Mm-Hmm. | 嗯 | 
| [1:48:37] | And in the meantime, | 在这期间 | 
| [1:48:39] | We want to add to our teaching staff. | 我们想增加教职工 | 
| [1:48:44] | So think about it. | 考虑一下吧 | 
| [1:48:48] | Hey, | 嘿 | 
| [1:48:51] | Hey. | 嘿 | 
| [1:49:46] | Hey. | 嘿 | 
| [1:49:49] | I miss them. | 我想念他们 | 
| [1:49:51] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [1:49:54] | And i don’t want to put mckenzie in day care. | 我不想把Mckenzie放在日间看护 | 
| [1:49:56] | I mean, we can’t afford it, anyways. | 我们负担不起 | 
| [1:50:02] | I’m not done yet. | 我还要继续做 | 
| [1:50:06] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [1:50:13] | Attention, everyone. | 大伙注意 | 
| [1:50:15] | Attention! | 注意 | 
| [1:50:17] | This morning, we will have someone coming to class. | 今早 我们有客人 | 
| [1:50:20] | This person will be team teaching with mr. Parker and me. | 这个人会连同Parker老师和我一起上课 | 
| [1:50:24] | I think you’ll find with three teachers, | 我想你们会看到三个老师 | 
| [1:50:26] | You’ll be very busy students. | 你们会很忙喔 | 
| [1:50:31] | Mrs. Bess. | Bess老师 | 
| [1:50:33] | – Hi. – Ms. Bess! Hi! | – 你好 – Bess老师 你好 | 
| [1:50:35] | – Ms. Bess! – Hi! | – Bess老师 – 你好 | 
| [1:50:41] | – Ms. Stacey! – Hi! | – Stacey老师 – 你好 | 
| [1:50:42] | It’s so good to see you! Danny, really? With the hat? | 好高兴见到你 Danny 真的 又是这帽子? | 
| [1:50:45] | – Give me a break. – She’s so much bigger. – I know. | – 噢 别提了 – 她长大了好多 – 我知道 | 
| [1:51:03] | Okay, | 好了 | 
| [1:51:05] | So, who wants to share next? | 谁想做下一个? | 
| [1:51:09] | How about our new friend, annie? | 我们的新朋友 Annie呢? | 
| [1:51:10] | You want to share something with us? | 你有话想说的吗? | 
| [1:51:12] | How’d you get here, annie? | Annie 你怎么来这里的? | 
| [1:51:13] | We lost our house. | 我们家没了 | 
| [1:51:16] | My mom says we’ve got each other | 我妈妈说我们还有彼此 | 
| [1:51:18] | And that we’re gonna be okay. | 很快没事 | 
| [1:51:20] | You will be. | 你们会的 | 
| [1:51:24] | Does anyone want to share their story with annie? | 有人想和Annie分享故事吗? | 
| [1:51:28] | Becca? | |
| [1:51:31] | Um… | 呃… | 
| [1:51:36] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? | 
| [1:51:38] | You want to share something? | 你想说什么吗? | 
| [1:51:41] | Does anyone want to share something? | 有人想说点什么吗? | 
| [1:51:45] | * This little light of mine * | |
| [1:51:47] | * I’m gonna let it shine * | |
| [1:51:49] | * This little light of mine 8 | |
| [1:51:52] | * I’m gonna let it shine * | |
| [1:51:54] | * This little light of mine * | |
| [1:51:57] | * I’m gonna let it shine * | |
| [1:51:59] | * Let it shine let it shine let it shine * | |
| [1:52:04] | * This little light of mine * | |
| [1:52:07] | * I’m gonna let it shine… * | |
| [1:52:20] | * This little light of mine * | |
| [1:52:22] | * I’m gonna let it shine * | |
| [1:52:25] | * This little light of mine * | |
| [1:52:27] | * I’m gonna let it shine * | |
| [1:52:29] | * Let it shine let it shine let it shine. * | |
| [1:52:39] | Yeah! | |
| [1:52:45] | The Mckinney-Vento Homeless Act was passed in 1987 to insure the rights of homeless children to an education. | Mckinney-Vento无家可归儿童行动 在1987年通过 为确保这些孩子的受教育权利 | 
| [1:52:55] | In 1988, a new school wad built for the homeless children of Salt Lake City. | 1988年 一所新学校为盐湖城 无家可归的儿童而兴建 | 
| [1:53:02] | Stacey Bess continued to teach there for eight more years | Stacey Bess在那里继续任教8年 | 
| [1:53:08] | In 1995, Stacey was awarded the National jetterson Award for “Greatest Public Service an Individual Thirty_five Years or Under” | 1995年Stacey被授予国家 Jetterson公共事业35岁以下优秀个人奖 | 
| [1:53:18] | She continues to speak around the country to promote education and community service. | 她继续在全国演讲 推动教育和社区服务 | 
| [1:53:27] | Hi. I’m emily vancamp. | 你好 我是Emily Vancamp | 
| [1:53:29] | The work of the real stacey bess is what truly inspired me | Stacey Bess的贡献真的激励了我 | 
| [1:53:32] | To become part of tonight’s Hallmark hall of fame presentation. | 来参加今晚Hallmark名人堂演出 | 
| [1:53:35] | Along with other caring and committed educators, | 与众多富爱心和忠诚的教育者一道 | 
| [1:53:38] | Stacey continues to be an advocate for underprivileged children today. | Stacey今天仍继续为穷困儿童维权 | 
| [1:53:42] | I am honored to introduce her to you now. | 我很荣幸为你们介绍她 | 
| [1:53:45] | Thanks, emily. | 谢谢 Emily | 
| [1:53:46] | My hope is that tonight’s movie will inspire others to get involved. | 我希望 今晚的电影会启发更多人参与其中 | 
| [1:53:51] | My family learned that even simple things | 我的家庭明白 即使再简单的事 | 
| [1:53:53] | Can be very meaningful to a child in need. | 对需要帮助的儿童来说 都可能是意义非凡 | 
| [1:53:56] | Cooking, just sitting around a dinner table, | 下厨 围着餐桌坐着 | 
| [1:53:58] | Laughing and playing together. | 一起大笑玩乐 | 
| [1:54:00] | Ordinary moments that our own kids take for granted | 被孩子们看作理所当然的平凡时刻 | 
| [1:54:03] | Can have an extraordinary impact. | 可以有非同凡响的影响力 | 
| [1:54:06] | A child we took in years later said to me, | 一个我们照顾多年的孩子告诉我 | 
| [1:54:09] | “You came in every night, | “你每晚过来” | 
| [1:54:11] | Tucked us in and said prayers. “ | “帮我们盖被子 祷告” | 
| [1:54:14] | To her, that was amazing. | 对她来说 那很了不起 | 
| [1:54:16] | You, too, can make a difference in the lives of such children. | 你也可以 可以影响这么多孩子们的人生 | 
| [1:54:19] | You don’t need unusual skills. | 你不需要特殊技能 | 
| [1:54:22] | You don’t need special training. | 不需要特别训练 | 
| [1:54:24] | You just have to care. | 你只需要去关心 | 
| [1:54:26] | At hallmark. Com, you’ll find links to organizations | 在Hallmark.com 你会找到机构的链接网址 | 
| [1:54:29] | Where you can learn about volunteering to make a difference. | 你会看到志愿服务的影响力 | 
| [1:54:32] | And you can learn about some of the new challenges | 你会看到今时今日无家可归的家庭 | 
| [1:54:34] | Facing homeless families today. | 面对什么样的新困难 | 
| [1:54:36] | You can also find out what the real stacey bess is doing | 你也能知道Stacey Bess为孩子们 | 
| [1:54:39] | In her continued effort to help children. | 所作的那些事 | 
| [1:54:44] | Thank you for joining us for tonight’s hallmark hall of fame presentation. | |
| [1:54:48] | Revisit your favorite hallmark hall of fame movies on dvd. | |
| [1:54:50] | Beyond the Blackboard | |
| [1:54:52] | Tonight’s movie, “beyond the blackboard,” | |
| [1:54:55] | Promise | |
| [1:54:55] | “Promise,” the most honored program of any kind in u.S. Television history, | |
| [1:55:01] | “The lost valentine,” | |
| [1:55:01] | The Lost Valentine | |
| [1:55:02] | Starring jennifer love hewitt And betty white, | |
| [1:55:05] | And many other memorable movies are available at hallmark gold crown stores | |
| [1:55:06] | What the Deaf Man Heard | |
| [1:55:10] | The Valley of Light | |
| [1:55:10] | And online at hallmark. Com. | |
| [1:55:13] | For more information visit us at HALLMARK.COM | |
| [1:55:16] | Or call… 1-800-HALLMARK | |
| [1:55:20] | Hallmark When you care enough to send the very best |