时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | Dude, stop crying. | 你别哭了行不行啊 |
[00:25] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[00:26] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[00:27] | This is fake. She’s faking. | 她装哭呢 |
[00:29] | She started when she heard your car pull up. | 她听见你回来了就开始哭 |
[00:31] | Duke, tell Mommy why you’re crying. | 杜克 告诉妈妈你为什么哭 |
[00:33] | Mom, I need to talk to you. | 妈妈 我想跟你谈谈 |
[00:35] | Duke, stop crying or | 别哭了 杜克 |
[00:36] | I’m gonna beat the shit out of you. | 你再哭我就揍你了 |
[00:38] | – Frankie! – Mom! | – 弗兰基 – 妈妈 |
[00:39] | What? | 干嘛啊 |
[00:40] | Harvey got Paisley pregnant. | 哈维把佩斯利的肚子搞大了 |
[00:42] | What? | 疯了吧 |
[00:44] | She thinks she’s pregnant | 她觉得她怀孕了 |
[00:45] | and she had sex with Harvey. | 她跟哈维已经上过床了 |
[00:47] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[00:50] | Harvey. Bleah. | 哈维啊哈维 呕 |
[00:52] | ♪ Mother, you had me ♪ | ♪ 妈妈 你给予我生命 ♪ |
[00:58] | ♪ But I never had you ♪ | ♪ 但我不曾懂过你 ♪ |
[01:07] | ♪ I wanted you ♪ | ♪ 我想你 ♪ |
[01:13] | ♪ You didn’t want me. ♪ | ♪ 你却不要我 ♪ |
[01:30] | Hello? | 你好 哪位 |
[01:32] | Oh, Sam. | 啊 是萨姆啊 |
[01:33] | – Hello. – Who is it? | – 还好吗 – 谁的电话 |
[01:35] | It’s Sam. | – 是萨姆 |
[01:37] | Hmm? | 怎么了 |
[01:39] | Yes. | 好 |
[01:40] | All welcome. | 欢迎你们来 |
[01:42] | Lovely. | 亲爱的 |
[01:44] | Anytime. | 随时都可以 |
[01:45] | Bye, sweetheart. | 再见 甜心 |
[01:47] | Bye. | 再见 |
[02:09] | Can anyone carry anything? | 有人能帮我拿点东西吗 |
[02:11] | I mean, I can. Technically. | 严格来说我可以 |
[02:13] | Max? Max, you suck. | 麦丝 要你干什么吃的麦丝 |
[02:18] | Mom, I’ll help you. | 妈妈 我可以帮你 |
[02:20] | No, baby. You stay. Fun ride. | 不用了宝贝 你坐在上边玩我推着你就可以了 |
[02:23] | Duke, when Mom says “Can anyone help,” | 杜克 当妈妈问 “有人能帮忙吗” 的时候 |
[02:26] | she never means you. | 她从来不是在问你 |
[02:27] | That’s right, Frankie. I don’t. | 没错啊 弗兰基 我就是不问杜克 |
[02:30] | Ooh, totems. Canada. | 快看 是加拿大的图腾 |
[02:35] | – Hello. – Hi, Uncle Lester. | – 你好 – 嗨 莱斯特舅姥爷 |
[02:36] | – Hi. – Hello. | – 嗨 – 你好 |
[02:38] | – Hi, Aunt Jarita. – Hello. | – 嗨 詹瑞塔舅姥姥 – 你们好啊 |
[02:40] | – Hi. | – 嗨 |
[02:41] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 嗨喽 – 嗨喽 |
[02:44] | Good to see you. | 见到你太高兴了 |
[02:45] | – Come on in. – Thank you. | – 进来吧 – 谢谢 |
[02:50] | – I’m gonna cry. – Oh, no. Don’t be daft. | – 我要哭了 – 得了吧 别开玩笑了 |
[02:53] | Oh, come on. | 快得了吧昂 |
[02:55] | So good to have you here. | 你们能来真是太好了 |
[02:57] | Oh, wait, wait, wait. | 哎 等会 等会 过来 |
[02:59] | Can this really be Frankie? | 真的是弗兰基啊 |
[03:01] | I’m me, yeah. | 是我啊 对 |
[03:02] | Oh, you, look at you. | 哎呀 快看看你 |
[03:04] | – Isn’t she tall? – Yes. | – 看出来她长高了吧 – 对啊 |
[03:07] | – Max. Headphones. – Mom. | – 麦丝 耳机摘下来 – 妈妈 |
[03:10] | No, no, no, let her have her music. | 别 没事 你别管她 让她听歌就行啊 |
[03:12] | – That’s rude. – Come… come on, darling. | – 太不懂事了 – 来…过来 亲爱的 |
[03:14] | – Rude. – Come on. | – 没礼貌 – 过来吧 |
[03:22] | I’m sorry about the headphones. I’ll take ’em off. | 对不起 我这就把耳机摘下来 |
[03:24] | Oh, no, don’t, darling. That’s your music. | 哎呀 不用 宝贝 你听音乐就好 |
[03:27] | Listen, I grew up in Liverpool, | 我跟你讲 我小时候在利物浦 |
[03:29] | and we used to go see The Beatles twice a week. | 我们那时候一周能见到甲壳虫乐队两次呢 |
[03:33] | – Seriously? – Yes. I even had | – 真的啊 – 对啊 我还和 |
[03:35] | a little snog with John, | 约翰接吻过呢 |
[03:37] | which is none of your business. | 好吧这不关你的事 |
[03:40] | Anyway, I used to put on my records, | 反正我之前总是自己听歌 |
[03:42] | shut my bedroom door against my mother, | 把自己锁在屋子里不让我妈妈进屋 |
[03:46] | and if I could have | 如果那个时候我有耳机的话 |
[03:47] | had ’em ’round my head like yourself, | 我也会像你一样戴着的 |
[03:48] | I would have. So good on you. | 如果有的话我会那么做的 所以你继续就好 |
[03:51] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:53] | Listen, you stay here. | 听我说 你就在这待着 |
[03:55] | I’ll fetch you up your supper. | 一会我把晚饭给你送上来 |
[03:57] | No need to come down. | 你不用下楼就行 |
[03:58] | Have your own time. | 享受你的小时光吧 |
[04:01] | Ta-ra, darling. | 我走了 亲爱的 |
[04:06] | Wait, what happened with John Lennon? | 等会 然后约翰·列侬做什么了 |
[04:08] | You made all these chairs? | 这些椅子都是你做的 |
[04:10] | Aye. And the table. | 对 还有桌子 |
[04:12] | And the roof above your head and | 你头上的屋顶还有 |
[04:13] | the floor beneath your feet. | 脚下的地板这些都是 |
[04:15] | – You made all of it? – Aye. | – 所有这些都是你做的 – 对啊 |
[04:18] | – I want to learn to do that. – Well, | – 我想跟你学学 – 可以 |
[04:20] | come move up here and be my apprentice. | 你搬过来住当我徒弟吧 |
[04:22] | Yes, I would do that in a second. | 好啊 我真能干出这事来 |
[04:24] | Well… | 嗯… |
[04:27] | …you, uh, you can’t have an apprentice | …你知道吗 你不能收徒 |
[04:29] | unless you can do it yourself. | 除非你自己会做这件事 |
[04:32] | My hands won’t let me, Frankie. | 我的双手已经不行了 弗兰基 |
[04:34] | That’s how life goes. | 岁月不饶人啊 |
[04:37] | You build it. | 是你建造的这房子和房子里的桌椅 |
[04:39] | And you grow old. | 但是你也变老了 |
[04:42] | And you die in it. | 最后还会死去 |
[04:48] | Frankie. | 弗兰基 |
[04:49] | How’s Jarita’s health? | 詹瑞塔的身体怎么样 |
[04:51] | She’s all right. | 她很好啊 |
[04:53] | Last year was tough. | 去年是过的比较辛苦 |
[04:54] | – This has been a good one. – That’s good. | – 今年情况还不错 – 那就好 |
[04:57] | – She looks great. | – 她看着也挺硬朗的 |
[04:59] | You look… all right. | 你看上去…也不错 |
[05:01] | How’s your mum? | 你妈妈最近怎么样 |
[05:04] | Um… she’s okay. | 嗯…她很好 |
[05:06] | Couldn’t she come with you? | 她不能跟你一起来吗 |
[05:09] | She… | 她… |
[05:16] | I didn’t tell her I was coming, Lester. | 我没有告诉她我要过来你这里 |
[05:19] | I just… | 我根本就… |
[05:21] | didn’t tell her. | 没告诉她 |
[05:32] | You didn’t tell her. | 你没告诉她啊 |
[05:35] | That’s marvelous. | 那真是谢天谢地 |
[05:38] | Sam. | 萨姆 |
[05:39] | Had I ever the courage not to tell Phil anything. | 如果我有勇气瞒着菲尔做什么事 |
[05:43] | It would have saved me a lot of pain. | 那真是省了不少麻烦 |
[05:45] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:47] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[05:48] | But promise me to put my sister on a plane here | 但是你要答应我在明年之前让我姐姐 |
[05:51] | before the year is out. | 到我这来一趟 |
[05:53] | Okay, I-I promise. | 好的 我 答应你 |
[05:54] | No, no… promise me, Sam. | 不是…萨姆 你要答应我 |
[05:57] | Send her up to see me. | 送她过来我这里 |
[05:59] | Just her. I can handle her. | 就她一个人 我可以搞定的 |
[06:01] | But promise me. | 你只要答应我就好 |
[06:03] | I do, Lester. | 我会的 莱斯特 |
[06:05] | I-I promise. | 我答应你 |
[06:08] | I do. | 我会送她过来的 |
[06:11] | Cool. | 酷 |
[06:28] | Get over here, | 一边玩去 |
[06:30] | you little piece of shit! | 你个小婊砸 |
[06:58] | Frankie. | 弗兰基 |
[07:13] | Hey. | 喂 |
[07:28] | I wish I could live on that beach. | 我希望我能住在沙滩上 |
[07:30] | Sad Lady Beach. | 忧伤女神之海 |
[07:31] | What? Sand Lady? | 什么 沙滩女神 |
[07:33] | Sad Lady Beach. Sad. | 忧伤女神之海 伤心的 |
[07:35] | Why do they call it that? | 为什么这么叫它 |
[07:37] | The story is that back in the 1800s, | 那是发生在19世纪的故事了 |
[07:40] | there was a lady that went to that beach, | 有一个女人到沙滩那里去 |
[07:43] | she looked out at the water for a long while… | 她一直盯着海水看了很长时间 |
[07:47] | then she walked right in front of the train, | 然后她径直向火车走过去 |
[07:50] | killing herself to death. | 自杀了 |
[07:51] | – Oh, my God. – Jesus, is that real? | – 我的天 – 上帝啊 是真的吗 |
[07:54] | They named the beach after her. | 人们以这个女人的名字命名的沙滩 |
[07:56] | The train cut her right in two. | 那辆火车把她拦腰截成两半 |
[07:58] | – Shut up, Jarita. – No, I want to hear | – 快别说了 詹瑞塔 – 别啊 我想听 |
[08:01] | about Sad Lady. Why did she do it? | 关于忧伤女神的故事 – 她为什么要自杀 |
[08:03] | No one knows. | 那谁知道 |
[08:04] | No one knew her name. | 没有人知道她叫什么名字 |
[08:06] | No one knew where she came from. | 也没人知道她是从哪里来的 |
[08:08] | – Wow. – That’s crazy. | – 哇 – 真刺激 |
[08:10] | I should say so. | 我也这么觉得 |
[08:12] | Aunt Jarita knew John Lennon. | 詹瑞塔舅妈认识约翰·列侬 |
[08:14] | What?! | 什么 |
[08:15] | Serious? | 真的吗 |
[08:16] | Well, a little. | 好吧 不是很熟 |
[08:19] | I think everyone in Liverpool | 那时候利物浦的每个人 |
[08:20] | knew a Beatle back then. | 都应该知道甲壳虫乐队 |
[08:22] | What was Liverpool like? | 利物浦是什么样子的 |
[08:24] | It was a miserable, | 那是一个让人痛苦的 |
[08:26] | gray place. | 被黑暗笼罩的地方 |
[08:28] | And it was loads of fun for kids. | 那对孩子们来说是种乐趣 |
[08:30] | You know, I remember one day | 你知道吗 我记得有一天 |
[08:32] | we all were taken out on a trip. | 我们都被带走了 |
[08:33] | It was me, your gran, Phyllis, | 有我 你外祖母 菲尔 |
[08:36] | my late brother Donal | 还有我哥哥唐纳 |
[08:38] | and Marion. And we were taken… | 和迈瑞恩 我们被带到… |
[08:39] | Wait, who’s Marion? | 等会 迈瑞恩是谁 |
[08:41] | Marion. My sister Marion. | 迈瑞恩 是我妹妹迈瑞恩啊 |
[08:43] | What sister Marion? | 哪个迈瑞恩妹妹 |
[08:45] | My sister Marion, dear. | 我的妹妹迈瑞恩 亲爱的 |
[08:46] | There was me, your mum, | 有我 你的母亲 |
[08:48] | Donal, and Marion, the youngest. | 唐纳 还有最小的迈瑞恩 |
[08:50] | I don’t understand, Lester. | 我没听明白 莱斯特 |
[08:51] | My mom had you and her other brother. | 那时候我妈妈和你还有另一个弟弟一起 |
[08:54] | No, darling. There was Marion. | 不是 亲爱的 还有迈瑞恩 |
[08:57] | We were four. Two girls, two boys. | 我们是四个人 本来是两个男生两个女生 |
[08:59] | Until Donal died. | 直到唐纳死了 |
[09:00] | – Lester, Lester. – I don’t understand. | – 莱斯特 莱斯特 – 我没听明白 |
[09:03] | Christ. | 主啊 |
[09:05] | Did I just shoot the Pope at supper? | 我是不是在晚饭时间做了大不敬的事 |
[09:10] | Sam. | 萨姆 |
[09:13] | Your mum and I have a sister. | 我和你的妈妈还有一个妹妹 |
[09:19] | Where? | 她在哪 |
[09:21] | When she was 17, they put… | 她17岁的时候 他们把她… |
[09:24] | She was… | 她… |
[09:26] | mentally unstable, | 精神不正常了 |
[09:28] | as they say. | 就像别人说的 |
[09:30] | You know. | 你知道吗 |
[09:31] | No, I don’t. | 我不知道 |
[09:33] | Anyway, I haven’t heard anything about her | 反正 我再也没有她的消息 |
[09:35] | since they… | 直到他们 |
[09:37] | put her there. | 把她关在那里 |
[09:43] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[09:46] | Your mum | 你妈妈有个叫玛丽安的阿姨 |
[09:47] | has an Auntie Marion that she never knew about | 但她从来不知道 |
[09:50] | because her mum didn’t tell her. | 因为她妈妈压根就没跟她说过 |
[09:53] | She lived her whole adult life | 她长大之后就一直 |
[09:54] | in a mental institution. | 待在一间精神病院里 |
[09:57] | – Jarita. – Well, we better tell them. | – 丽塔 – 我们最好还是告诉他们 |
[10:00] | Phyllis never told her, | 菲莉斯从没跟她说过 |
[10:02] | and look at her now. | 然后她就成了现在这副样子 |
[10:04] | Goddamn family secrets. | 万恶的家庭秘密 |
[10:05] | They’re poison. | 简直有毒 |
[10:07] | Let them have it. | 让他们都听听吧 |
[10:11] | Mommy. | 妈咪 |
[10:17] | She’ll be all right in a minute. | 她一会儿就好了 |
[10:20] | Eat up. | 快吃 |
[10:22] | – Don’t let it get cold. – Come on. | – 别等它凉了 – 快点 |
[10:24] | Eat up. | 快吃 |
[10:25] | Now you’ve done it. | 瞧你干了什么 |
[10:37] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[10:39] | Frankie. I’m so mad. | 弗兰基 我好生气 |
[10:41] | I’m mad at my mom. | 我妈太气人了 |
[10:44] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[10:45] | Because I just found out I have an aunt | 因为我刚得知我有一个姨妈 |
[10:47] | who I never even knew existed, | 但却从来不知道她的存在 |
[10:49] | who’s probably 80 if she’s even alive. | 如果她还活着的话现在应该80岁了 |
[10:52] | So? | 然后呢 |
[10:53] | Guess what. | 你猜怎么着 |
[10:55] | I have an uncle, your brother Marion? | 我有一个叔 就是你哥哥马里恩 |
[10:58] | Yeah, I never see him. | 没错 我从没见过他 |
[11:00] | I never see my cousin Dormin. | 我也从没见过我表姐多敏 |
[11:03] | Families fall apart, Mom. | 家庭分崩离析了 妈 |
[11:04] | It’s what happens. | 这就是现在的情况 |
[11:05] | How often do I even see my own dad, Mom? | 我多久才见一次我亲爹 妈 |
[11:08] | How do you think that makes me feel? | 你想想我什么感觉 |
[11:12] | Frankie, your father is… | 弗兰基 你爸 |
[11:14] | I don’t care, Mom. | 我不在乎 妈 |
[11:15] | Yeah, I get it. I mean, I’m just saying. | 好吧 我懂了 我是想说 |
[11:18] | Family’s just kind of bullshit. | 家庭就是他妈的狗屁 |
[11:20] | Everybody ends up alone, anyway. | 反正每人到最后都是孤独终老 |
[11:23] | You know as well as I do | 你我都非常清楚 |
[11:24] | that there’s plenty of families | 也有很多家庭是 |
[11:26] | where the parents stayed together | 父母都待在一块 |
[11:28] | and everyone’s miserable. | 但大家都过得很痛苦 |
[11:30] | Yeah, well, you guys didn’t | 是啊 不过你两虽然没在一块 |
[11:31] | and we’re all miserable. | 但我们还是过得很痛苦 |
[11:34] | Is that how you feel? | 你是这么想的吗 |
[11:36] | You think we’re all miserable? | 你觉得我们都很痛苦 |
[11:38] | Not all the time, Mom. | 也不是一直都这样 妈 |
[11:40] | Don’t make a thing out of it. It’s all fine. | 你想太多了 没那回事 |
[11:42] | I’m just saying, if you’re gonna get mad at your mom, | 我只是觉得 如果你要生你妈的气 |
[11:45] | it leads to this. | 就会导致这样的结果 |
[11:46] | So just chill. | 冷静一下吧 |
[11:55] | Mom. | 妈 |
[11:57] | No offense, | 无意冒犯 |
[11:58] | but it’s kind of your fault that | 但哈维和佩斯利搅和在一起 |
[12:00] | Harvey’s sleeping with Paisley. | 你也有责任 |
[12:02] | ‘Cause you don’t let him sleep in my room, | 因为你不让他睡在我房间 |
[12:04] | and Paisley’s mom lets him. | 但佩斯利的妈妈给他放行了 |
[12:19] | – Hi. – Hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[12:21] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:23] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[12:24] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[12:30] | Now… | 这个 |
[12:33] | This is everything I could find. | 这是我能找到的所有东西 |
[12:36] | There’s your mum. | 这是你妈妈 |
[12:39] | And here’s Marion and Da. | 这是玛丽安和你爸爸 |
[12:43] | She’s about… | 她当时 |
[12:45] | five there. | 大概只有5岁 |
[12:48] | And Marion, | 玛丽安 |
[12:51] | she’s 16 in this picture. | 在这张照片里有16岁了 |
[12:57] | And, uh, this is the name and the number of the place. | 还有 这是地名和电话 |
[13:01] | Now, I don’t expect the number will work now, | 但现在我觉得这个电话已经打不通了 |
[13:03] | but it’s something to go on. | 不过还算是个线索吧 |
[13:07] | Yeah. I… | 是啊 我 |
[13:09] | I guess I could Google it. | 我想是不是能Google一下 |
[13:13] | Oh, I’m sorry, Sam. | 抱歉 萨姆 |
[13:16] | I just thought your mum might have told you. | 我以为你妈已经告诉过你了 |
[13:21] | Do you… | 你有没有 |
[13:22] | ever think about her? | 想过她 |
[13:28] | You never met your grandparents, did you? | 你从没见过你祖父母 对吧 |
[13:31] | No. | 没有 |
[13:32] | – They died so young. – Aye, they did. | – 他们英年早逝 – 是啊 |
[13:37] | After Donal died, | 唐纳尔去世后 |
[13:39] | we never said his name again. | 我们就再没叫过他的名字 |
[13:43] | And when Marion | 之后玛丽安的 |
[13:44] | couldn’t be managed any longer, | 生活就不能自理了 |
[13:47] | they sent her away. | 于是就被送走了 |
[13:49] | And then your mum married a Jewish man, | 后来你妈嫁给了一个犹太人 |
[13:54] | and she was shut out. | 还被逐出家门 |
[13:59] | I suppose I got used to it. | 我想我已经习惯了 |
[14:04] | I’ll, uh, I’ll leave this here. | 我就 我就说到这吧 |
[14:07] | See you in the morning. | 明早见 |
[14:09] | You sleep well, okay? | 你要好好睡觉 好吧 |
[14:36] | Why do we have to go to an effing museum? | 我们为什么非要去那个该死的博物馆 |
[14:39] | Because | 因为 |
[14:41] | you should learn about the places you visit. | 你得了解你游览的这个地方 |
[14:43] | And also, when you visit older people, | 而且当你去拜访老人的时候 |
[14:45] | it’s nice to give them a break the day after you arrive. | 在到达第二天让他们休息一下也是好事 |
[14:49] | Because we’re a lot. | 因为我们人多 |
[14:52] | I was just transferred to you. Do you know about the thing? | 我刚被转接给你 你知道怎么回事吗 |
[14:54] | Or do I have to… | 还是说我得 |
[14:57] | Okay. I would like to be able to call England, | 好吧 我希望能打到英国去 |
[15:01] | but my phone says I don’t have international calling, | 但我没有开通国际漫游 |
[15:04] | but I’m in Canada, | 我人在加拿大 |
[15:06] | and my phone’s American. | 但手机套餐是美国的 |
[15:09] | Yes. I would like you | 是的 希望 |
[15:12] | to be able to help me, | 你能帮帮我 |
[15:13] | please, let my phone call England. | 拜托了 让我能打到英国去吧 |
[15:15] | No, no, no. Not from home, from here. | 不不不 不是从家里打 是从这儿打 |
[15:17] | Unless you want me to give you the number | 除非你想让我直接把电话给你 |
[15:19] | of the place and you can call and find out | 你打过去查一下 |
[15:21] | if my crazy auntie is dead or not, | 看看我那个疯姨妈还在不在世了 |
[15:23] | and then let me know. | 然后再告诉我 |
[15:24] | No? | 不行吗 |
[15:26] | Now, these artifacts | 看来这些原始制品 |
[15:27] | are great examples of household items | 是当时家居用品的极好证明 |
[15:29] | that were used amongst the different coastal tribes. | 而且还是在不同的沿海部落中被使用过 |
[15:32] | Here we have a totem pole. | 这边是一个图腾柱 |
[15:34] | Now, totem poles | 图腾柱 |
[15:35] | are used for different things, | 用途广泛 |
[15:37] | but mostly to mark homes, | 但主要还是用于标志住址 |
[15:40] | to let you know which family lived in what house, | 让你知道什么家族住在什么房子里 |
[15:42] | and their family stories. | 还能告诉你他们的家族故事 |
[15:44] | This family here represents | 这个家族就代表了 |
[15:46] | the chief of the seas, | 海上将领 |
[15:48] | which means wealth and prosperity. | 意示着财富与繁荣 |
[15:50] | Which means this was a very | 参观的时候也说明 |
[15:52] | wealthy house to visit. | 这是一个大户人家 |
[15:55] | You took this from my people. | 你们从我的人手里抢走这些 |
[15:58] | All of this belongs to my family! | 这一切都是属于我们家族的 |
[16:00] | That chair belonged to my grandmother. | 那把椅子属于我外祖母 |
[16:03] | This particular mask… | 这个特殊的面具 |
[16:05] | Our grandmothers are vanishing. | 我的外祖母们都去世了 |
[16:07] | This is our legacy. | 这是我们的家族遗产 |
[16:09] | Let’s move on, shall we? | 咱们接着说 好吗 |
[16:24] | Duke. Come on. We’re leaving. | 杜克 快来 我们要走了 |
[16:26] | The trick is, | 技巧就是 |
[16:27] | put the net where he wants to go. | 把网撒在它想去的地方 |
[16:30] | They’re too clever to be caught. | 它们太聪明了 根本抓不到 |
[16:32] | The only way to catch them is | 唯一能抓住它们的方法就是 |
[16:34] | to tell their future. | 指引他们方向 |
[16:35] | Now, you see him? | 你看到它没有 |
[16:36] | Wait, wait. Wait, wait. | 等等等等 |
[16:38] | Now, there you go. There you go… | 就是这样 就是这样 |
[16:40] | Oh, nearly, Frankie. | 差点就抓到了 弗兰基 |
[16:41] | Damn it. I had that one. | 该死 本来可以抓到的 |
[16:43] | Come. Let’s do it again. | 来 咱们再试一次 |
[16:53] | I just caught some very nice seaweed. | 我刚捞到一些漂亮的海藻 |
[16:55] | Ooh, we should keep that. | 我们留着吧 |
[16:58] | The worst part is seeing | 最糟糕的是眼睁睁看着 |
[17:00] | all my friends get smarter. | 我所有的朋友都变聪明 |
[17:02] | I’m so stupid. | 而我还是这么蠢 |
[17:04] | Oh, listen. | 听着 |
[17:05] | If there’s one thing stupid people are good at, | 如果真有一件蠢货擅长的事 |
[17:08] | is recognizing other stupid people. | 那就是识别其他蠢货 |
[17:12] | And take it from me, you’re not one of them. | 相信我 你并不是其中之一 |
[17:15] | I feel stupid. | 我感觉自己很蠢 |
[17:17] | That’s because you’re aware. | 因为你自知啊 |
[17:18] | And you’re starting to catch a glimpse | 你刚开始瞥到一眼自己所处的 |
[17:20] | of what a big world you’re in and you feel small. | 这个大千世界才觉得自己渺小 |
[17:24] | That’s all right, you’ll get used to it. | 没关系 你会习惯的 |
[17:30] | Yes. Do you see him? | 是的 你看到它了吗 |
[17:33] | There you go. There you go. | 就是这样 就是这样 |
[17:35] | Ooh. Oh, almost, Frankie. | 就要抓到了 弗兰基 |
[17:37] | Mann Institute. Can I help you? | 曼恩精神病院 有什么能帮你的 |
[17:39] | Hi. Yes. I’m calling… | 你好 是这样的 我打来是 |
[17:44] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:45] | I’m nervous. Whew. | 有点紧张 呼 |
[17:48] | I don’t know why. | 我也不知道为什么要打来 |
[17:50] | Um, I have an aunt, Marion Darby, | 我有一个姨妈 叫玛丽安·达比 |
[17:54] | who was put in your place, | 就在你们院里 |
[17:57] | which was then called Rosewood, | 当时你们院还叫紫檀医院 |
[17:59] | back when she was 17, | 她在17岁的时候 |
[18:01] | back, like, in the ’40s, | 大概是在40年代那会儿 |
[18:04] | by my grandparents. | 被我祖父母送来的 |
[18:07] | And I just found out she even existed, | 我刚得知她的存在 |
[18:09] | which I never knew. | 而这之前我从不知道 |
[18:11] | I’m just trying to find her. | 我想找到她 |
[18:14] | For what reason are you inquiring? | 你打来是要咨询什么吗 |
[18:16] | What are you after? | 你要找什么 |
[18:18] | Look, uh, what’s your name, please? | 这样 先告诉我你的名字 好吧 |
[18:21] | I’m Letty. | 我叫莱蒂 |
[18:22] | I’m Sam. | 我叫萨姆 |
[18:25] | Listen, Letty. I don’t want anything. | 听着 莱蒂 我什么都不想要 |
[18:29] | I just didn’t know I had an aunt. | 我只是不知道我还有个姨妈 |
[18:31] | My mom didn’t tell me. | 我妈都不告诉我 |
[18:34] | I guess they just shut her away, and put her there, | 我想他们就这么把她赶出家门 关到这里 |
[18:37] | and left her there, and forgot her. | 留她一个人在这儿 就这么忘了她 |
[18:39] | Honestly, I don’t know why I’m calling. | 讲真 我不知道我为什么打这个电话 |
[18:41] | I mean, I got three kids, I work, I have a mom | 我有三个孩子 我有工作 我有一个 |
[18:45] | who’s a full-time job just to listen to. | 全职倾听的妈妈 |
[18:49] | I just, uh, I would like to know | 我只是 我只是想知道 |
[18:51] | if someone over there needs me. | 是否有人需要我 |
[18:55] | Or something, I think. I don’t know, Letty. | 诸如此类的事 我觉得 我不知道 莱蒂 |
[18:57] | Should I just hang up now? | 我现在是不是应该挂电话 |
[18:59] | Tell you what, love. Call me back tomorrow, | 听我说 亲 明天打给我 |
[19:01] | and I’ll have something for you, all right? | 我会给你答案 好不好 |
[19:03] | Okay. Great. | 行 太好了 |
[19:05] | Thank you so much, Letty. | 非常感谢 莱蒂 |
[19:08] | What was he like? | 他人怎么样 |
[19:12] | He was a lousy kisser, | 他接吻技术差极了 |
[19:14] | and he never stopped talking. | 他还是个话匣子 |
[19:16] | A real bore. | 确实讨厌 |
[19:17] | Oh, my God. | 噢 吓到我 |
[19:23] | Duke! | 杜克 |
[19:24] | Come on over here. | 到这来 |
[19:26] | That’s enough with being on your own. | 别再一个人呆着 |
[19:31] | Okay, they go that way. Go, go, Frankie. | 好 它们往那游了 快 快 弗兰基 |
[19:33] | Yeah, you got him! You got him! | 你抓到啦 你抓到啦 |
[19:34] | Well done. | 干得漂亮 |
[19:36] | Oh. Look, they’ve caught a fish. | 快看 他们抓到一条鱼 |
[19:39] | Mom! I caught a fucking fish! | 妈 我抓到一条鱼 |
[19:42] | Oh! | 不错啊 |
[19:44] | Frankie! | 弗兰基 |
[19:47] | Supper! Frankie caught supper. | 晚餐 弗兰基捕获了晚餐 |
[19:52] | Amazing. | 真行 |
[19:57] | I touched it. | 我碰到了它 |
[20:02] | Oh, shit. That smells amazing. | 呦吼 闻着真香 |
[20:07] | I’m gonna eat it out of the pan. | 我现在就要吃 |
[20:09] | Off it. | 放开它 |
[20:10] | It’s nothing now. | 它还没熟 |
[20:12] | It needs another 20 minutes at least. | 至少还得再等20分钟 |
[20:14] | No way! I’m gonna eat it right now. | 不行 我现在就忍不住吃 |
[20:16] | Off. | 放开 |
[20:19] | – Oh. Those. | – 那些 |
[20:21] | I’ve seen those… somewhere. | 我在哪见过 |
[20:24] | Right here. | 就在这 |
[20:25] | Mm. “Colitiamite daisy.” | 雏菊 |
[20:28] | They get the name from the mineral in the soil, | 它们的名字来源于土里的矿物质 |
[20:29] | which gives them that color. | 那些矿物质让它们变成这样的颜色 |
[20:32] | Those were once all over the bay, | 那些花曾经遍布滩涂 |
[20:34] | bushes of them growing wild. | 一丛丛长的到处都是 |
[20:37] | But there are none left. | 但现在已经没有了 |
[20:40] | These are the last ones I ever saw. | 这些是我最后一次看到的花 |
[20:44] | They’ve been dead in that vase for two years. | 它们枯死在那个花瓶里已经有两年 |
[20:49] | Where did they all go? | 那些花都去哪了 |
[20:51] | Well… | 这个 |
[20:53] | the bees. | 蜜蜂 |
[20:55] | There are no more bees, so the daisies go. | 这里没有了蜜蜂 也就没有了雏菊 |
[20:59] | Once those turn to dust… | 等那些化成尘土 |
[21:03] | that’ll be it. | 就全部都没了 |
[21:33] | Letty speaking. | 我是莱蒂 |
[21:34] | Hi, Letty. This is Sam from yesterday. | 你好 莱蒂 我是昨天打过电话给你的萨姆 |
[21:37] | Hi, Sam. | 你好 萨姆 |
[21:39] | Hi. | 你好 |
[21:41] | Sam, I want to apologize for | 萨姆 对不起 |
[21:42] | being cagey when you called. | 昨天你打电话时我没说太多 |
[21:45] | Understand that people are often left here for years, | 希望你能理解 经常有人被扔在这许多年 |
[21:48] | and sometimes when distant family | 大多时候有远房亲戚 |
[21:50] | comes sniffing around, | 过来打探消息 |
[21:51] | it’s for bad reasons. | 都是不怀好心 |
[21:52] | – You understand? – Sure. | – 你能理解吗 当然能 |
[21:54] | Sure. | 当然 |
[21:57] | – Well, I… – Sam, | – 我 – 萨姆 |
[21:59] | your Aunt Marion died in 1983. | 你的小姨马里恩在1983年去世 |
[22:09] | I was in high school. | 我那年在上高中 |
[22:11] | I’m sorry, Sam. | 请节哀 萨姆 |
[22:15] | Well, is there anything else you can tell me about her? | 你能不能告诉我一些关于她的事 |
[22:19] | I’m afraid I didn’t know her, | 抱歉我不认识她 |
[22:21] | and a lot of the staff that were there then are gone now. | 很多老员工都已经走了 |
[22:25] | I asked this fellow who cleans here, | 我问了一个清洁工 |
[22:28] | who’s been here for ages, but he couldn’t recall her. | 他已经在这好多年 但是他也想不起她 |
[22:30] | So, then… | 那么 就是说 |
[22:32] | everyone forgot her. | 没人记得她 |
[22:35] | Well, you didn’t, did you? | 你记得 是不是 |
[22:40] | How can you forget someone you never knew? | 一个人怎么可能忘记她不认识的人 |
[22:43] | I’m sorry, Sam. | 别太难过 萨姆 |
[22:45] | Would you like me to send you her file folder? | 你需不需要我把她的档案给你 |
[22:47] | No. No, you should keep it there. | 不用 不用 就放你们那 |
[22:50] | Someone else might come looking for her. | 或许还会有人寻找她 |
[22:53] | Well, we are going digital, | 可是 我们已经开始文档电子化 |
[22:55] | so we’re likely to throw it away. | 所以我们可能会把纸质文件扔掉 |
[22:56] | Okay, throw it away, then. | 这样 那就扔了吧 |
[22:58] | But if you give me | 可是如果你把你的地址给我 |
[22:59] | your address, I can pop it in the post. | 我可以邮寄给你 |
[23:01] | No. It’s fine. Toss it. | 不用了 没关系 扔了吧 |
[23:04] | And, um… | 还有 |
[23:06] | thanks, Letty. | 谢谢你 莱蒂 |
[23:07] | Just… thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[23:10] | All right, love. | 没事 亲 |
[23:23] | There you go, sweetie. | 就这样 亲 |
[23:25] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:26] | Find anything out? | 有没有消息 |
[23:28] | Yeah. | 有 |
[23:30] | Your sister’s dead. | 你妹妹死了 |
[23:32] | Mom. | 妈 |
[23:33] | Well, I thought | 好啦 我以为 |
[23:35] | everyone tells everybody everything now. What? | 现在大家都坦诚相待呢 怎么了 |
[23:38] | Let him have it. Right, Jarita? | 我就是告诉他真相 是不是 杰瑞特 |
[23:50] | Oh, Sam. Oh, Sam. | 噢 萨姆 噢 萨姆 |
[23:54] | You’re gonna give me another five years. | 你真是能让我多活五年 |
[23:58] | You’re a delight. | 你是个活宝 |
[24:01] | Oh, my goodness, why am I laughing? | 我为什么笑 |
[24:10] | Why am I laughing? | 我为什么笑 |
[24:11] | You have to. | 你只能笑 |
[24:13] | Because you have to. | 以为你只能笑 |
[24:15] | You have to. | 你只能笑 |
[24:23] | So, when did she die, Sam? | 那 她什么时候死的 萨姆 |
[24:25] | 1983, apparently. | 1983 明摆着 |
[24:27] | ’83? | 83年 |
[24:29] | That’s the year we moved here. | 那年我们刚搬过来 |
[24:32] | Oh, my goodness, you don’t suppose… | 你不会以为 |
[24:34] | No, no, chut-chut-chut-chut-chut. | 不是 闭嘴 闭嘴 |
[24:36] | What? | 怎么回事 |
[24:39] | When we first moved here, | 我们刚搬过来时 |
[24:41] | Lester used to think he saw a ghost | 莱斯特总觉得他看见了鬼 |
[24:43] | now and again. | 时不时就看见 |
[24:44] | Perhaps it was old Marion haunting me. | 或许是过世的玛丽安来找我 |
[24:49] | Maybe. Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[24:52] | Creepy. | 真吓人 |
[24:53] | Serves me right, I suppose. | 是我活该 我想 |
[24:54] | Yes, Lester, serves you right. | 是的 莱斯特 是你活该 |
[25:00] | Mom, can we please come back here in the summer? | 妈 我们明年夏天能不能再过来 |
[25:04] | Really? | 你没开玩笑 |
[25:07] | Yeah. I love it here. | 我说真的 我喜欢这里 |
[25:09] | – Oh, baby… – Mom, don’t. | – 哇 我的宝贝 – 妈 别 |
[25:11] | Okay. | 行 |
[25:13] | Do you guys have a living will by any chance? No reason. | 你们有没有立下遗嘱以防万一 我没别的意思 |
[25:17] | – My God, Mom. – Yes. | – 妈 真受不了你 – 有 |
[25:19] | – You do? – Mm-hmm. | – 你们有 – 对 |
[25:21] | Do tell. | 说说 |
[25:23] | You might have to wait… | 你想听可能得等到 |
[25:25] | – Tu-tu-tuy. – Tu-tu-tuy-tuy, indeed. | – 呸呸呸 不说坏话 – 不说坏话 |
[25:28] | – Cheers. – Cheers, cheers, everyone. | – 干杯 – 干杯 干杯 各位 |
[25:29] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | – 干杯 – 干杯 |
[25:31] | Next time you come, there will be a small charge. | 下次你来时 我可能就得收点钱 |
[25:51] | Don’t forget to write us. | 记得写信给我们 |
[25:52] | Do you have e-mail? | 你有没有电子邮箱 |
[25:53] | No. I’m afraid you’re gonna have to learn | 没有 恐怕你得学着 |
[25:55] | – to use a pencil. – Frankie. | – 用铅笔 – 弗兰基 |
[25:58] | Now… | 现在 |
[26:01] | These… | 这些 |
[26:02] | are the chairs. | 是椅子 |
[26:04] | I wanted to make a set, | 我想做一套 |
[26:06] | so this is the only time I made a blueprint. | 这是我第一次画图纸 |
[26:09] | Now, if you can teach yourself to work with wood, | 如果你想自学木工 |
[26:12] | you can use these, | 你用的着 |
[26:14] | and you can make exactly the same chairs | 你可以做一把一模一样的椅子 |
[26:17] | as we have here. | 和我们那把一样 |
[26:18] | It’s like a recipe. | 这很像菜谱 |
[26:25] | Oh… | 唔 |
[26:28] | Duke? | 杜克 |
[26:51] | Hi. | 喂 |
[26:55] | I don’t know if you’re here right now | 我不知道你是不是活着 |
[26:58] | or if you’re real | 不知道你是不是真实存在 |
[27:01] | or if I made you up | 不知道你是不是我想象出来的 |
[27:04] | or if you’re dead | 不知道你是不是死了 |
[27:06] | or if you’re the sad lady | 不知道你是不是悲伤女士 |
[27:09] | or if you’re Aunt Marion, | 不知道你是不是马里恩阿姨 |
[27:11] | but I brought you these flowers. | 我给你带来了这些花 |
[27:15] | And I wanted to just say that I hope you’re okay | 我只是想告诉你我希望你一切都好 |
[27:18] | and that you can not be sad | 希望你不要悲伤 |
[27:20] | and that you feel better. | 希望你心情好一些 |
[27:28] | And I’m not scared of you. | 希望你知道我不怕你 |
[27:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[27:44] | Duke? | 杜克 |
[27:46] | Come on. | 快来 |
[27:47] | We’re leaving. | 我们要走了 |
[27:49] | Come on. | 快来 |
[28:11] | No, Mom, I got it. | 没事 妈 我来搬 |
[28:13] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[28:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:32] | Hello. | 喂 |
[28:34] | Hi. | 喂 |
[28:41] | Hello? | 喂 |
[28:43] | Hi, Mom. | 妈 |
[28:53] | Hi. | 喂 |
[28:55] | Where have you all been? | 你们去了哪里 |
[29:02] | Where have you all just come from? | 你们刚从哪里回来 |
[29:09] | W-We went to White Rock | 我 我们 去了白石镇 |
[29:11] | to see Lester and Jarita. | 去看望莱斯特和杰瑞塔 |
[29:16] | You went to see my brother? | 你们去看了我哥哥 |
[29:17] | Yeah, Mom. | 是 妈 |
[29:19] | We were there for three days. | 我们在那呆了三天 |
[29:22] | It was amazing. | 很精彩 |