| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:26] | How’s Sam’s acting career going these days? | 萨姆的演艺生涯怎么样了最近 | 
| [00:30] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [00:32] | Just a bunch of bawdy bit parts on her little cartoons. | 就是在小动画里扮演一群低级的小角色 | 
| [00:37] | I mean, she has a skill, | 我说 她是有一技之长 | 
| [00:40] | but she’s never sparkled the way they do here. | 但是她从来不能像在家里一样威风 | 
| [00:42] | The way they need to, to be taken seriously. | 就是需要被人当回事的那种 | 
| [00:47] | It’s a bit embarrassing, isn’t it? | 有点尴尬 不是吗 | 
| [00:49] | And yet she lords it | 但是她还像 | 
| [00:50] | over us all as if she’s Elizabeth Taylor. | 伊丽莎白·泰勒一样的管着我们 | 
| [00:53] | Lords it over you? | 管控你们 | 
| [00:55] | You should see the way she talks. | 你真应该看看她怎么说话的 | 
| [00:57] | I need you to help me with the girls | 我需要你帮我看着姑娘们 | 
| [01:00] | so I can work.” | 那样我才可以工作 | 
| [01:01] | What a laugh… | 真可笑 | 
| [01:03] | To call that work. | 还把那称之为工作 | 
| [01:04] | Now, Gloria works. | 现在克洛莉娅也可以说是在工作 | 
| [01:05] | Yes, I do. | 是啊 我在工作呢 | 
| [01:06] | How many houses do you clean | 你一天之内要 | 
| [01:08] | in one day? | 打扫多少间房子啊 | 
| [01:09] | I clean a lot of houses. | 得清理好多好多的房子 | 
| [01:11] | Lord. | 我的老天 | 
| [01:12] | And this little pig I raised | 我养的这只小猪还 | 
| [01:14] | complains “No one helps me.” | 抱怨 “都没人帮我” | 
| [01:19] | Why does nobody help me?! | 怎么没人来帮我啊 | 
| [01:24] | It’s true. | 就是这样 | 
| [01:25] | She’s a stuck-up little pig. | 她就是个自大的小蠢猪 | 
| [01:27] | And she’s got her fucking father’s Jewish features. | 还不是继承了她那该死的父亲的犹太人特征 | 
| [01:30] | My God, if I knew I was going to have to | 我的天 要是我知道 | 
| [01:33] | stare into his face long after he died, | 在她爹死了以后我还得对着这张大长脸 | 
| [01:35] | I wouldn’t have had her. | 我才不会生下她来呢 | 
| [01:36] | You’re blessed | 但是你还是很幸运的 | 
| [01:38] | to have her, though. | 能生下她 | 
| [01:39] | She’s caring for you, isn’t she? | 她也很关心你 不是吗 | 
| [01:41] | And you should see her hold that over me. | 你真该看看她是怎么管着我的 | 
| [01:44] | Mom. Look. | 妈 你看 | 
| [01:45] | I’m happy to have you here | 我很高兴你能在这陪着我们 | 
| [01:47] | so you can be near the girls. | 那样你就能和姑娘们待在一起 | 
| [01:49] | But you can’t do pop-ins whenever you want. | 但是你不能想什么时候玩流行音乐就什么时候玩 | 
| [01:51] | I need boundaries. | 我需要个界限 | 
| [02:03] | Sorry! | 对不起 | 
| [02:05] | The thing that’s so crude about her | 最残酷的是 | 
| [02:07] | is that half of her wealth | 她一半的财产 | 
| [02:09] | comes from when she was working as a child, | 都是她小时候从我身上赚的 | 
| [02:11] | which is really a credit to me. | 而且这该都是我的功劳 | 
| [02:12] | Once she was on her own, her career | 她一独立了以后 她的事业 | 
| [02:14] | went south and she couldn’t even hold onto her husband. | 就不行了 甚至连自己的丈夫都拴不住 | 
| [02:16] | Sweet man. | 很好的男人 | 
| [02:18] | A really good boy of northern extraction, | 一个有北方血统的很好的男人 | 
| [02:21] | but she chased him away. Chased him away. | 但是她把他赶走了 赶走了哎 | 
| [02:24] | Now she’s raising the three girls on her own? | 现在她自己一个人抚养着三个女儿吗 | 
| [02:26] | If you call that raising them. | 如果你把那也叫做抚养的话 | 
| [02:29] | They’re horrid. | 那真可怕 | 
| [02:30] | They’re my grands and I love them, | 她们是我的宝贝 我爱她们 | 
| [02:32] | but I only really like Duke, | 但是我只是真的很喜欢杜克 | 
| [02:35] | the little one. | 最小的姑娘 | 
| [02:36] | She’s my special project. | 她是我的小甜心 | 
| [02:38] | Just remember not to repeat the mistakes | 记住别再重复咱们家里 | 
| [02:40] | of every female in our family. | 每个女人都犯过的错误 | 
| [02:42] | Shh, this is a secret. | 嘘 这是个秘密 | 
| [02:45] | Because you have a right | 因为你有权利 | 
| [02:46] | to know where we all went wrong. | 知道我们哪做错了 | 
| [02:48] | Now, I’m going to tell you the worst of it, | 现在我就要告诉你最糟糕的部分是什么 | 
| [02:51] | so you never have to think about it again. | 这样你就不用再想这件事了 | 
| [03:00] | I do love her so. | 我也真的很爱她 | 
| [03:02] | Sam. | 爱萨姆 | 
| [03:04] | I love all of them. | 我爱她们所有人 | 
| [03:07] | That’s always been my burden. | 但那也一直是我的负担 | 
| [03:09] | I love too much. | 我非常爱她们 | 
| [03:11] | I forgive too much. | 同时我也宽恕了太多 | 
| [03:21] | – What? – Hi, Phil. I need a minute with you. | – 干嘛 – 嗨 菲尔 我需要占用你一分钟时间 | 
| [03:23] | – Hi! – You see? | – 你们好 – 你们看见了吧 | 
| [03:26] | What? | 干什么 | 
| [03:28] | Mom. What is this? | 妈 这是什么 | 
| [03:30] | I’m sure I don’t know. | 我保证我不知道 | 
| [03:32] | It says that you’re applying to re-mortgage this house. | 这上边写着你要再抵押这套房子 | 
| [03:37] | Mom. | 妈 | 
| [03:39] | This house is not yours. | 这套房子不是你的哎 | 
| [03:40] | It certainly is. | 它当然是我的 | 
| [03:42] | No. I bought you this house | 不 我给你买的这套房子 | 
| [03:44] | under my name. | 是在我的名下的 | 
| [03:46] | I’m already extended up the ass | 我已经长大了 | 
| [03:48] | and I finally | 而且我 | 
| [03:50] | have some equity in this place. | 在这个地方还是有点权益的 | 
| [03:52] | Go ahead and threaten me. | 接着威胁我 | 
| [03:53] | So I’m canceling… | 所以我要取消 | 
| [03:55] | Wh-What? | 啥 | 
| [03:57] | Go ahead and threaten me. | 接着威胁我 | 
| [03:59] | Take the house. | 把房子收回去啊 | 
| [04:00] | Kick me out. | 把我踢出去好了 | 
| [04:01] | Throw me on the street. | 就把我扔在大街上 | 
| [04:03] | Make me a homeless, broken woman. | 让我变成一个无家可归的 心碎的女人 | 
| [04:05] | Take my clothes, | 把我的衣服拿走 | 
| [04:06] | take my rings. | 还有戒指 | 
| [04:08] | You don’t scare me. | 你吓不倒我的 | 
| [04:11] | Phil. | 菲尔 | 
| [04:13] | I’m just gonna step around all of that | 我就是想绕过所有小剧场 | 
| [04:15] | and ask you to never do this again. | 告诉你不要再这么做了 | 
| [04:19] | No. | 不要 | 
| [04:20] | No. | 绝对不行 | 
| [04:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [04:26] | Bye! | 再见 | 
| [04:31] | Whatever you say. | 我管你说什么呢 | 
| [04:34] | ♪ Mother, you had me ♪ | ♪ 妈妈 你给予我生命 ♪ | 
| [04:40] | ♪ But I never had you ♪ | ♪ 但我不曾懂过你 ♪ | 
| [04:49] | ♪ I wanted you ♪ | ♪ 我想你 ♪ | 
| [04:55] | ♪ You didn’t want me. ♪ | ♪ 你却不要我 ♪ | 
| [05:16] | If you’ll follow me, | 如果你们跟着我的话 | 
| [05:18] | I’ll show you the Caravaggio exhibit. | 我会给你看看卡拉瓦乔的展览 | 
| [05:19] | Thought to be his most important. | 就是被认为是最重要的部分 | 
| [05:21] | You’ll notice the resemblance with the Impressionists, | 你会发现与印象派的相似之处 | 
| [05:23] | and yet he’s more disciplined, | 比较起来的话 还是相对更现实一点 | 
| [05:25] | more concerned with form than they are. | 他更注重艺术表现的手法 | 
| [05:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [05:29] | I think, maybe… | 或者说 我们可以… | 
| [05:30] | we’re gonna just look around by ourselves instead. | 我们自己随便逛逛就好了 | 
| [05:33] | Sorry. | 不好意思哈 | 
| [05:34] | Oh. All right. | 好吧 | 
| [05:37] | Phyllis! | 菲莉丝 | 
| [05:38] | – Phyllis, come! – What? | – 菲莉丝 快来啦 – 咋地啦 | 
| [05:40] | The Egyptian works just arrived! | 刚到了一批埃及来的文物呢 | 
| [05:50] | Oh, my God. It’s Usurpa. | 我的天啊 居然是埃及艳后的 | 
| [05:53] | Which one is that? | 谁呀 | 
| [05:54] | She was the first queen to rule Egypt. | 她可是第一个统治埃及的女王呢 | 
| [05:57] | They found her tomb and this is all hers. | 这些都是从她的墓里挖出来的 因为考古学家发现了她的墓 | 
| [05:59] | Come, let me show you my favorite. | 过来 我给你看我最喜欢的 | 
| [06:15] | How wonderful. | 美到窒息 | 
| [06:24] | Oh, Jennie. | 詹妮 | 
| [07:02] | I did put it back. | 我乖乖放回去了 | 
| [07:04] | Phyllis. | 菲莉丝 | 
| [07:06] | I saw you take it. | 我看到你偷走了那个戒指 | 
| [07:09] | I know. | 嗯 | 
| [07:12] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道我该说些什么 | 
| [07:15] | – I never stole anything in my life. – You stole that ring. | – 我这辈子从未偷过东西 – 但你偷那个戒指 | 
| [07:19] | Doesn’t matter what you did before. | 你之前偷没偷过我无所谓 | 
| [07:21] | And I saw you do it. | 而且我看见你偷东西了 | 
| [07:26] | I’m so ashamed. | 我这个老不要脸的 | 
| [07:28] | Man, this is… | 这其实… | 
| [07:34] | You volunteer here, Phyllis. | 菲莉丝 你是志愿来这儿工作的 | 
| [07:38] | And I don’t want to turn in an old lady. | 我也不想告发一位老太太 | 
| [07:40] | Maybe you should turn me in. | 你还是告发我吧 | 
| [07:41] | Maybe it’s best. | 说不定你该这么做 | 
| [07:45] | – Damn it, hold on. – I wasn’t gonna keep it. | – 打住了 我不想听了 – 我没想要拿走自己要 | 
| [07:52] | I don’t think. | 我不这么想 | 
| [07:54] | God. | 天啊 | 
| [07:58] | I just… | 我只是… | 
| [08:02] | I haven’t been myself. | 我不是这样的 | 
| [08:08] | Sometimes… | 有时候… | 
| [08:09] | I just don’t know what’s going on. | 我都不知道到底发生了些什么 怎么会这样 | 
| [08:13] | I get to the end of a day, and I’m… | 浑浑噩噩度过每一天 | 
| [08:18] | … not sure what happened. | 无所事事 一无所获 | 
| [08:21] | Well, maybe if you… | 也许只是… | 
| [08:24] | I… I’ll leave | 好的 我走 | 
| [08:26] | and never come back. | 我也不会再回来纠缠了 | 
| [08:27] | I’ll quit my docent position. | 我会辞去我导游的工作 | 
| [08:30] | They won’t care. | 他们才不在乎我走不走呢 | 
| [08:31] | No one will care. | 没人在意我 | 
| [08:35] | I’ll leave here… never come back. | 我走了… 再也不会回来了 | 
| [08:39] | Phyllis? | 菲莉丝 | 
| [08:40] | – No. – Phyllis! | – 别挽留我 – 菲莉丝 | 
| [10:51] | Yeah, she said she was staying at her friend’s house, | 她说她在她朋友那里玩 | 
| [10:54] | but they just went downtown, and they were up all night, | 其实那个时候他们才刚刚进城 而且她们玩了个通宵 | 
| [10:56] | I guess clubbing. | 估计是在酒吧跳舞 | 
| [10:58] | Oh, I know that story. | 你已经说过了 | 
| [11:00] | – I’m sure you do. – Listen, | – 啊 这样啊 – 我跟你说啊 | 
| [11:03] | my girls want to meet you. | 女儿们想要见见你 | 
| [11:08] | Whoops? Too soon? | 干嘛 还嫌快啊 | 
| [11:10] | – No. No, actually I was… – What? | – 没有的事 我只是… – 你说啥 | 
| [11:13] | N-No, it’s nothing. | 没什么 | 
| [11:15] | Yes, something. | 肯定有事 | 
| [11:17] | I want to know what you were gonna say. | 你刚才想说啥 | 
| [11:19] | Look, you don’t have to meet them. | 如果你不想见他们的话 | 
| [11:20] | I’m not putting pressure on you. | 我不会勉强你的 | 
| [11:22] | Actually, I-I was… | 我 我只是… | 
| [11:24] | I was wondering when you were gonna ask. | 我一直在等你先说 我早就想见见她们了 | 
| [11:26] | I-I didn’t want to be pushy and ask to meet them, but… | 我不想主动说 给你造成压力 | 
| [11:29] | Oh. Oh, so I’m too late? | 所以怪我提的太晚了咯 | 
| [11:31] | No, no. Ugh. | 不 不是 | 
| [11:33] | Sorry. Please. I-I want to meet your girls. | 对不起 真的 我想见见女儿 | 
| [11:36] | No. Forget it. | 不让 当我没说过 | 
| [11:37] | Forget it now. | 算了吧 | 
| [11:39] | They changed their minds. | 她们刚刚说不想见你了 | 
| [11:40] | – Oh, they did? – Yeah. | – 是吗 – 就这样 | 
| [11:43] | Forget the whole thing. | 刚才说的都不算数 | 
| [11:45] | – Okay, sure. – Okay. | – 行吧 – 那就这样 | 
| [11:49] | Hey, Sam? | 萨姆 | 
| [11:51] | – Yeah? – I really… | – 干嘛 – 我真的… | 
| [11:55] | My phone just went boop. What? | 我电话哔了一下 听不清楚 | 
| [11:57] | No, I… I just said that… | 没有啦 我只是想要说… | 
| [11:58] | I’m sorry, buddy. I’m getting a call. | 不好意思啊 有个电话一直打进来 | 
| [12:02] | It’s okay. Uh, take the call. | 没事的 你挂我电话吧 | 
| [12:04] | Yes, I want to meet your girls. | 不过 我真的很想女儿们 | 
| [12:07] | – Okay. – Bye. | – 知道了 -再见 | 
| [12:08] | Bye. | 再见 | 
| [12:10] | Hello? Hi. | 喂 你好 | 
| [12:11] | Honey, do you still have your old headshots? | 亲爱的 你知道之前的大头照吗 | 
| [12:14] | The ones where you’re wearing the hat? | 你戴帽子照的那组照片 | 
| [12:16] | Oh. I don’t know. Why? | 我不清楚诶 怎么了 | 
| [12:17] | Well, someone wants to put you in a movie, | 有人想找你在电影里跑个龙套 | 
| [12:19] | but you’re dead the whole movie, | 你出镜的所有镜头里 你都是死的 | 
| [12:20] | so they just see a picture. | 所以他们想看看你的大头照 | 
| [12:22] | And they want pictures of you from earlier. | 不过他们想要你早些时候的照片 | 
| [12:25] | Earlier? | 啥意思 | 
| [12:26] | You mean younger? | 你是说年轻时候的照片吗 | 
| [12:28] | Oh. Wait. I’m getting a call. | 等一下 有个电话打进来 | 
| [12:31] | You have to go? | 你得接那个电话吗 | 
| [12:32] | I don’t know this number. I’m not getting it. | 算了 不接 那个号码我不认识 | 
| [12:36] | I guess I’ll just look | 行吧 那我找找 | 
| [12:38] | for younger pictures when I wasn’t gross. | 找张我还没有这么年老色衰时候的照片 | 
| [12:40] | You’re not gross. Don’t say that. | 你才不是年老色衰嘞 不要乱讲 | 
| [12:42] | I’ll say whatever I want. I love you. How are you? | 这你管不着 爱你么么哒 你最近怎么样 | 
| [12:45] | Okay. I love you, too. Bye. | 还行 么么哒 挂啦 | 
| [12:46] | Bye. | 嗯 | 
| [12:54] | Hello, I’m calling | 喂 你好 | 
| [12:56] | for Sam Fox from St. John’s Hospital. | 这边是医院打来 想找萨姆·福斯的 | 
| [12:58] | Your mother Phyllis is here in the emergency room. | 您的母亲菲莉丝在急诊室 | 
| [13:00] | Please call us back at 818-555-6943. | 请给我们回电话 818-555-6943 | 
| [13:05] | Shit. | 糟糕 | 
| [13:12] | Her ankle’s fractured, | 她的脚踝骨折了 | 
| [13:14] | and there is a dual fracture of her fibula. | 而且 她的腓骨双重骨折 | 
| [13:17] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 | 
| [13:19] | She can’t leave here for about five days. | 她得在这儿待五天 | 
| [13:22] | And when she gets home, | 等到她回家了 | 
| [13:23] | she’s going to need some care. | 她需要精心的照顾 | 
| [13:25] | Phil? | 菲菲 | 
| [13:27] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 | 
| [13:30] | Did she tell anybody what happened? | 她有没有告诉别人发生了什么事 | 
| [13:33] | Not that I know of, | 据我所知应该没人知道 | 
| [13:35] | but I’ll check back with you this evening. | 等我核实了 晚上再告诉你 | 
| [13:36] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 多谢 | 
| [13:43] | Mom? | 妈妈 | 
| [13:45] | Mom? | 妈妈 | 
| [14:01] | Mom? | 妈妈 | 
| [14:03] | Mom? | 妈妈 | 
| [14:06] | I’m so sorry you got hurt. | 我很抱歉你受伤了 | 
| [14:10] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么事 | 
| [14:13] | Are you mad at me? | 你在生我的气吗 | 
| [14:18] | Why aren’t you… ? | 你为什么不 | 
| [14:19] | I want to go back home. | 我想回家 | 
| [14:24] | I know that, kid, but did you hear what the doctor said? | 我知道 但是你有听到医生说的话吗 | 
| [14:27] | You got to stay here for, like, five days | 你得在这里待五天 | 
| [14:29] | until your leg sets or whatever. | 直到你的腿好一点 | 
| [14:32] | I want to go… back. | 我想回去 | 
| [14:59] | It’s okay. | 没事的 | 
| [15:04] | Want an ice chip? | 需要冰块吗 | 
| [15:06] | No. | 不 | 
| [15:09] | Just you. | 只要你 | 
| [15:11] | Okay, I’m here. | 好 我在 | 
| [15:17] | You want to watch TCM? | 你想看TCM频道吗 | 
| [15:22] | Okay. It’s right over there. | 好 就在那边 | 
| [15:42] | Hello. | 嗨 | 
| [15:43] | Hi. Yeah, listen, Mom is in the hospital. | 嗨 听着 妈妈现在在医院里 | 
| [15:47] | – Oh, my God. – No, it’s not that kind of | – 我的天 – 不是 | 
| [15:49] | “in the hospital” yet. | 那种 “快要升天” | 
| [15:50] | You can stay in Texas, bro, but… | 你可以待在德克萨斯州 但是 | 
| [15:53] | we need to talk. | 我们需要谈一谈 | 
| [15:54] | Okay, but I would still like to know | 行 但是我还是想知道 | 
| [15:56] | why my mother is in the hospital. | 为什么我妈妈会在医院里 | 
| [15:59] | Oh, would you? | 你想知道吗 | 
| [16:00] | Then maybe come see her once a year. | 那么 你每年也许该来看她一次 | 
| [16:02] | Jesus. | 天啊 | 
| [16:03] | Yeah. Me, too. | 是啊 天啊 | 
| [16:06] | Listen, I need to figure this out. | 听着 我需要弄清楚 | 
| [16:07] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 | 
| [16:09] | – Okay. – Don’t worry. | – 好的 – 别担心 | 
| [16:10] | I’m not asking you to do anything. | 我不是要你做什么事 | 
| [16:12] | I just… don’t… think | 我只是觉得 | 
| [16:17] | I can keep Mom in that house anymore. | 我没法再让妈妈住在那个屋子里了 | 
| [16:20] | And she’s gonna be in this hospital for about five days. | 她得在医院里待五天 | 
| [16:24] | What happened to her? | 她发生了什么事 | 
| [16:25] | Broken foot, Marion. | 脚断了 马里恩 | 
| [16:27] | She broke her foot in about 50 places. Jesus. | 她的脚碎成好几十块了 天啊 | 
| [16:30] | Please listen to me. | 请听我说完 | 
| [16:32] | I’m listening. | 我听着呢 | 
| [16:33] | I feel like I have a window here. | 我觉得这是个机会 | 
| [16:35] | And I need to make a move. | 我需要搬个家 | 
| [16:37] | I want to… find a home for Mom. | 我想为妈妈找个合适的房子 | 
| [16:40] | A place to put her. | 一个可以照顾她的地方 | 
| [16:43] | Like a dying lady, lonely place | 一个住着濒死的老太太的孤独之地 | 
| [16:47] | where mean young people put their mom. | 就是那些残忍的年轻人们处置他们母亲的地方 | 
| [16:51] | And if I can find a place while she’s here, | 如果我找到了这么个地方 她也正好在这儿 | 
| [16:55] | then I could… shit, | 那我就可以 | 
| [16:58] | like, ambush her, | 杀她一个措手不及 | 
| [17:00] | and take her there from here. | 把她从医院带到老人院 | 
| [17:02] | Okay. | 行 | 
| [17:03] | So you need me to contribute financially. | 所以你需要资金援助吗 | 
| [17:06] | No, I don’t, Marion! | 不 不是这样 马里恩 | 
| [17:08] | You want me to help find a place? | 你要我帮你找个地方吗 | 
| [17:10] | No. Marion, I don’t want you to do anything. | 不 马里恩 我不需要你做任何事 | 
| [17:12] | I got it. | 我明白了 | 
| [17:14] | Then why are we talking on the phone right now? | 那么 我们现在为什么要讲电话 | 
| [17:17] | Because I need you to be part of this. | 因为 我需要你的参与 | 
| [17:21] | I need an accomplice. | 我需要一个同谋 | 
| [17:24] | I just need this to be our decision, | 我希望这是我们共同的决定 | 
| [17:27] | so I don’t have to carry all the weight, | 我就无需承担所有的重担 | 
| [17:29] | because… it’s a lot. | 因为 这事关重大 | 
| [17:32] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [17:34] | Whatever you need to do to care for Mom, | 不管你想怎样照顾妈妈 | 
| [17:37] | it’s fine with me. | 我都没问题 | 
| [17:39] | That’s what I needed to hear. | 这就是我需要听到的 | 
| [17:41] | Thanks. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 | 
| [17:44] | Hel-Hello? Jesus. | 嗨 天啊 | 
| [17:52] | When my dad was 80, | 我爸爸八十岁的时候 | 
| [17:55] | he retired from his company | 他从他公司退休了 | 
| [17:57] | and then… I had to take care of him. | 然后 我就得照顾他 | 
| [17:59] | Which was hilarious, | 有点搞笑 | 
| [18:00] | because he hadn’t spoken to me in years. | 因为他已经好几年没和我讲过话了 | 
| [18:03] | He disowned me when I was 18. | 我十八岁的时候 他和我断绝了关系 | 
| [18:05] | ‘Cause of gay. | 因为同性恋的事喔 | 
| [18:06] | Oh, no. He never cared about that. | 不 他根本不关心这个 | 
| [18:08] | No, no, no. He disowned me for voting for Dukakis. | 不不不 他为了给杜卡基斯投票而和我断绝关系 | 
| [18:12] | Seriously. | 真的假的 | 
| [18:14] | – Oh, my God. – Uh-huh. Oh, and he loved my brothers, | – 我的天 – 他喜欢我的哥哥们 | 
| [18:17] | and they all would go fishing and hunting. | 他们一起去钓鱼 打猎 | 
| [18:19] | And then when he retired, they were gone. | 当他退休的时候 他们都跑了 | 
| [18:22] | Nobody helped him. | 没人帮他 | 
| [18:23] | – And there was just me. – Mmm. | – 只有我 – 嗯 | 
| [18:25] | So I moved back home, | 所以我搬回了这里 | 
| [18:27] | and I fed him and I cleaned him, | 我给他喂东西给他洗澡 | 
| [18:29] | – and I… wiped his ass when he shit, – Ugh. | – 拉了粑粑还给他擦屁股 – 呕 | 
| [18:33] | until that turned into changing him. | 直到能改变他 | 
| [18:35] | And he still didn’t talk to me. | 然而他还是不跟我说话 | 
| [18:37] | – I can’t believe that. – Yeah. | – 真不敢相信 – 是啊 | 
| [18:39] | I wiped my father’s ass | 我给我亲爹擦屁股 | 
| [18:42] | while he gave me the silent treatment. | 可他却对我冷眼相待 | 
| [18:44] | – Wow! – It was awesome. | – 哇 – 真棒 | 
| [18:46] | Yep. And then, | 是啊 之后 | 
| [18:49] | he started to get… demented. | 他就开始变得痴呆 | 
| [18:52] | And the crazy thing was that when he lost his mind, | 最让人受不了的是他脑袋开始出问题 | 
| [18:55] | he forgot who I was, | 他忘了我是谁 | 
| [18:58] | and so then he was nice to me. | 然后就开始对我好了 | 
| [19:00] | And we got to be real pals. | 我们就这么成为了知心好友 | 
| [19:05] | You’ve… like, on a daily basis, we’d get along great. | 你就 就像 每天我们都好好地相处 | 
| [19:08] | And he’d forget all about it | 但他全部都会忘 | 
| [19:09] | and we’d start again the next morning. | 然后第二天我们又重新开始 | 
| [19:11] | – Oh, my God, honey. – Mm-hmm. | – 天呐 亲爱的 – 没错 | 
| [19:13] | And I liked that. | 不过我喜欢这样 | 
| [19:15] | You know, but it didn’t last. | 但你也知道 他也不会一直这样 | 
| [19:17] | And after a while, he didn’t talk, | 过一段时间之后 他又不说话了 | 
| [19:20] | and neither did I, | 我也不说 | 
| [19:21] | and he stopped getting out of bed, | 他不下床 | 
| [19:23] | and I didn’t dress him anymore. | 我也不给他穿衣服 | 
| [19:26] | I just kept him… hydrated and clean | 我只是让他多喝水 保持身体干净 | 
| [19:28] | until he died. | 直到去世 | 
| [19:32] | – Oh, boy. That’s… – Yep. | – 天呐 那可真是 – 没错 | 
| [19:34] | – It’s a trip. – Mmm. | – 真不容易啊 – 是的 | 
| [19:37] | The thing is, you get used to things… being hard, | 关键是 你已经习惯过苦日子了 | 
| [19:41] | where you can work to make them better, | 而且你可以努力让一切变好 | 
| [19:44] | but this isn’t that. | 但事实并不是这样 | 
| [19:46] | There’s no good end to this. | 这一切都没有好结果 | 
| [19:48] | It doesn’t get better. | 一切都没有变好 | 
| [19:51] | Your mother is gonna get worse and worse. | 你妈的情况会越来越糟 | 
| [19:55] | And then she’ll be gone. | 最后她也会离世 | 
| [20:00] | Yep. | 是啊 | 
| [20:25] | Darling. | 亲爱的 | 
| [20:30] | Yeah, Mom? | 怎么了 妈 | 
| [20:32] | You know that I’m so proud of you. | 其实我特别为你自豪 | 
| [20:36] | You know that, don’t you? | 你知道的 对吧 | 
| [20:39] | Yeah, I know. | 是的 我知道 | 
| [20:42] | And I’m so grateful to you that you take care of me. | 我也很感激你照顾我 | 
| [20:47] | And that you… keep me. | 没抛弃我 | 
| [20:53] | Go to sleep, Mom. | 睡吧 妈 | 
| [21:20] | Are you gonna marry my mother? | 你会娶我妈吗 | 
| [21:24] | Uh, not today. | 至少不是今天 | 
| [21:26] | Why not? Oh, you don’t love her; I get it. | 为什么啊 你不爱她 我懂了 | 
| [21:31] | I’m so tired. | 我好累啊 | 
| [21:33] | Oh, you are? | 是吗 | 
| [21:35] | Did you have a big day? | 你是过了多繁忙的一天 | 
| [21:37] | No. She didn’t do anything today. | 没有 她今天啥也没做 | 
| [21:39] | She’s just being a butt. | 她就是想靠着人 | 
| [21:41] | I don’t mind. | 我不介意她靠我 | 
| [21:47] | Mom. | 妈 | 
| [21:48] | Mom. | 妈 | 
| [21:50] | What? Hi. I’m here. | 怎么 我听着呢 | 
| [21:53] | So, Max, do you have any plans after high school? | 麦克斯 你高中毕业后怎么打算 | 
| [21:56] | Well, I’m graduating early, | 我毕业的早 | 
| [21:59] | and then I’m gonna travel. | 之后会去旅行 | 
| [22:01] | Like, that’s what I want to do. | 就是 就是我想做的事 | 
| [22:02] | And, I don’t know, | 之后嘛 我也不知道 | 
| [22:04] | I-I might spend the summer with my dad. | 可能会去我爸那里过暑假 | 
| [22:08] | Mom. | 妈 | 
| [22:09] | Sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [22:12] | So I’m sure you’ve had sex with my mother, which is fine. | 我确定你跟我妈上过床了 这倒没关系 | 
| [22:14] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 | 
| [22:15] | But are you using protection? | 不过你带套了吗 | 
| [22:18] | Because if not, that’s fine, too. | 要是没有的话 也没关系 | 
| [22:19] | I want a baby brother. | 我想要个弟弟 | 
| [22:30] | So, how old’s your daughter? | 那你女儿多大了 | 
| [22:33] | She’s 14. | 她14岁了 | 
| [22:35] | And her mom’s not around? | 她妈妈没在一起住 | 
| [22:37] | No, not really; it’s just me. | 是的 可不咋的 就我一个人住 | 
| [22:40] | Wow. I think that’s amazing. | 哇 感觉很棒 | 
| [22:43] | You’re raising a girl all by yourself, that must be hard. | 你一个人把女儿抚养长大 可真不容易 | 
| [22:45] | Jesus Christ. | 上帝啊 我呢 | 
| [22:50] | What? Nothing. | 咋了 没事 | 
| [22:53] | Mom, how come Nan’s not here? | 妈 楠怎么没来 | 
| [22:59] | She’s just not, baby. | 她就是没来 宝贝 | 
| [23:00] | Here, put some rice in your soup. | 来 放点米饭在你汤里 | 
| [23:03] | Eat some dinner. | 吃晚饭吧 | 
| [23:14] | – Hi. – Hey. | – 嗨 – 嘿 | 
| [23:15] | So I did some research, and I know a guy in L.A. | 我做了点调查 认识有个在洛杉矶的人 | 
| [23:18] | who’s got a few places, real nice. | 有几幢房子 很不错 | 
| [23:20] | It’s called “assisted living.” | 这叫作 “协助生活” | 
| [23:22] | Bro, it’s okay. | 哥们 没事的 | 
| [23:24] | Well, I want to help. | 我需要帮助 | 
| [23:26] | No. I’m gonna keep her home. | 不了 我还是把她留在家吧 | 
| [23:29] | I’m just gonna do it till I can’t do it. | 我只是在竭尽所能照顾她 直到我撑不下 | 
| [23:32] | Or till she can’t. | 或是她撑不下去吧 | 
| [23:36] | I don’t think we’re there yet. | 我觉得还没到送自己妈去老人院的地步 | 
| [23:38] | Honestly. | 说真的 | 
| [23:39] | – Oh? – Yeah. | – 是嘛 – 是的 | 
| [23:41] | It’s okay. | 没事的 | 
| [23:43] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [23:45] | Listen, I know your issues with Mom, | 听着 我知道你跟你妈之间的问题 | 
| [23:48] | and I get it. | 我已经懂了 | 
| [23:50] | But after she dies, I hope you come around more often | 但她死后 我希望你能经常过来 | 
| [23:53] | to see the girls… and me. | 看望姑娘们 也看望下我 | 
| [23:56] | Because I miss you, okay? | 因为我会想你 好吧 | 
| [23:57] | Okay. | 好 | 
| [23:59] | Okay, I love you. Bye. | 好吧 我爱你 再见 | 
| [24:09] | Hi. | 嗨 | 
| [24:11] | Hi. | 嗨 |