时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:50] | Shower. | 洗澡 |
[01:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:24] | “I’m not afraid of death. | “我不畏惧死亡” |
[06:26] | “What can death bring that I haven’t faced? | “死亡能有什么稀奇的” |
[06:29] | “I’ve lived. | “在世上走过一遭” |
[06:31] | “Life is the worst. | “生活才是最烂的” |
[06:33] | “Listen to me, I’m a philosopher.” | “听我说 我是哲学家” |
[06:37] | “Listen to me, I’m a philosopher.” | “听我说 我是哲学家” |
[06:40] | “Listen to me, I’m a philosopher.” | “听我说 我是哲学家” |
[06:42] | “Listen to me, I’m a philosopher.” | “听我说 我是哲学家” |
[06:46] | “Listen to me, I’m a philosopher.” | “听我说 我是哲学家” |
[06:48] | “Listen to me, I’m a philosopher. | “听我说 我是哲学家” |
[06:50] | “Joe. You must do this. | “乔 你必须这么做” |
[06:51] | “You must must must. | “你必须 必须 必须” |
[06:53] | “Love, that’s a trap.” | “爱情 就是个陷阱” |
[06:56] | Get in! We need to reshoot! | 上车 我们得重拍 |
[06:58] | 300 bucks for 90 minutes! C’mon! | 九十分钟三百块 快点 |
[07:02] | Uh, I have a break in an hour. | 我一小时后才能休息 |
[07:03] | – Or maybe… – No, you’re not hearing me. | -要不 -不 你听好了 |
[07:05] | 400 bucks if you get in the car right now. | 现在上车就给你四百 |
[07:08] | And… And I will set your boss straight if he gives you any grief. | 你老板要是敢说你 我来搞定他 |
[07:11] | I-I will sue his ass for wrongful termination | 他要是敢炒了你 我就告他非法解雇 |
[07:14] | and age discrimination if he fires you. | 以及年龄歧视 告到他倾家荡产 |
[07:17] | Hey, hey, hey, come here, come here. | 过来 过来 |
[07:19] | How often do we get a chance to use our craft and shine, huh? | 能让我们发光发热的机会这辈子能有几个 |
[07:21] | To really slide inside the skin of yet another human being | 真真正正地钻进另一个人的皮囊里 |
[07:24] | and make the kind of magic that other people only dream of? | 施展其他人做梦才能有的神奇魔法 |
[07:28] | Now, listen! | 听好了 |
[07:29] | Seize the day. Carpe diem. | 抓住机会 活在当下 |
[07:31] | Don’t live with regret. | 不要留有遗憾 |
[07:37] | “Let nothing stand in your way.” | “不要让任何事情阻拦你的脚步” |
[07:39] | There’s the spirit that takes people places. | 这才是让人成功的精神 |
[07:41] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[07:42] | But buckle up. I don’t wanna lose you through the windshield. | 系好安全带 我可不想把你甩出去 |
[07:58] | This…is a Canon XL2. | 这是…佳能XL2 |
[08:03] | Three CCD, top-of-the-line, | 三种CCD 最顶级的 |
[08:05] | the creme de la creme. | 极品中的极品 |
[08:07] | Twenty-time optical zoom, | 20倍光学变焦 |
[08:09] | but also has interchangeable XL lens capability. | 还具备可更换XL镜头功能 |
[08:12] | Image stabilization, built-in filters… | 图像稳定 内置滤镜 |
[08:15] | Variable frame rates, multiple aspect ratios, your choice. | 可变帧速率 多种高宽比 任你选择 |
[08:21] | Well, it would be your choice, if any of you were allowed to use it. | 当然 如果允许你们用的话 你们才有的选 |
[08:26] | This here is what professional videographers use. | 这款是给专业摄影师使用的 |
[08:29] | This is for art. | 给艺术用的 |
[08:30] | This…is not for you. | 不是给你们用的 |
[08:35] | This is for you. | 这款才是给你们的 |
[08:38] | 340 lines of so-called resolution, | 所谓的340线分辨率 |
[08:42] | suitable for recording your sister’s second wedding, | 适合拍摄你姐姐的二婚现场 |
[08:46] | local community board meetings, | 当地社区委员会会议 |
[08:48] | or porn mit-out plot. | 或者无脑小黄片 |
[08:51] | Yeah, hello. | 老师 |
[08:53] | Excuse me. | 打断一下 |
[08:55] | Professor Tanis said that we’d have access to the good cameras. | 坦尼斯教授说我们可以使用好器材 |
[09:00] | Professor Tanis said that. | 坦尼斯教授说的 |
[09:02] | Well, Professor Tanis does not represent the views | 坦尼斯教授不代表 |
[09:05] | of the equipment center. | 器材中心的观点 |
[09:07] | I represent the views of the equipment center. | 我代表器材中心的观点 |
[09:09] | Okay? | 懂了吗 |
[09:10] | So, the “Good” Cameras? | 所以 “好”器材 |
[09:12] | Those are for the few. | 是给少数人用的 |
[09:13] | The proud. | 给骄子用的 |
[09:15] | The auteurs. | 给好导演用的 |
[09:17] | Capisce? | 懂了吗 |
[09:22] | Okay, these are, uh, depth-of-field charts. | 好了 这些是景深表 |
[09:24] | Study them. | 好好学 |
[09:25] | Don’t get lost in the Circle of Confusion. | 不要迷失在模糊圈里 |
[09:26] | Can’t tell your story if you can’t keep things in focus. | 如果不能对焦就没法讲故事 |
[09:30] | And, uh, I have some very important responsibilities | 我要处理学校其他的一些 |
[09:35] | elsewhere on campus, but I’ll be back. | 非常重要的事情 马上回来 |
[09:36] | And, fair warning, there’s gonna be a quiz later. Probably. | 友情提示 可能稍后有小测验 |
[09:40] | Don’t touch the equipment! I’ll know. | 别碰设备 我能看出来 |
[09:43] | What are you doing teaching a class? | 你怎么上课去了 |
[09:45] | I told you, we have zero time. | 我给你说过我们没时间了 |
[09:46] | You have time to discuss my fee? | 你有时间讨论一下我的报酬吗 |
[09:48] | “Discuss your fee?” Your fee is your fee. | “你的报酬” 该给你的一分不少 |
[09:50] | That’s right, and in this emergency situation where I’m… | 没错 但这种紧急情况 |
[09:53] | Where I’m pulled from my collegiate duties, | 把我从教学中拉出来的 |
[09:54] | my fee’s $500. | 我要收五百 |
[09:55] | $500? What? | 五百 什么 |
[09:57] | We did the same job last week for $100. | 上周同样的活只要一百 |
[09:59] | If you think this is the same, feel free to go find someone else. | 你觉得是一码事的话 那就去找别人吧 |
[10:01] | What? No. $500! Fine! Jesus. | 别呀 五百 行 天啊 |
[10:03] | Five. Pinky promise? | 五百 拉勾勾 |
[10:05] | Pinky, all the fingers. | 拉 满手都拉 |
[10:06] | Just…don’t tell the others. | 别跟别人说就行 |
[10:08] | Right choice. You’re paying for the best. | 正确决定 你花钱请了最棒的 |
[10:09] | – The best ass reaming. – That’d be extra. | -最棒个屁眼子 -那得加钱 |
[10:11] | Okay. We’re gonna shoot over here, | 好了 我们要在这拍 |
[10:13] | trees in the background, throw it out-of-focus. | 树为背景 对焦要虚化 |
[10:15] | – That work? – I’ll make it work. | -能做到吗 -我来搞定 |
[10:17] | How’s my boy looking? | 男主角妆好了吗 |
[10:18] | Oh, I-I-I think better today. | 我觉得今天更好一些 |
[10:19] | I used a foundation that’s a little closer to his skin tone, | 我用了跟他皮肤色号更接近的粉底 |
[10:22] | and I found a spirit gum that isn’t so gunky, | 还用了没那么油腻的发胶 |
[10:25] | so it makes the moustache look more natural. | 这就让胡子看起来更自然 |
[10:27] | – I like it, looks good… – Yeah, hold on. | -我喜欢 看着不错 -等一下 |
[10:29] | You wander too far from the Shire? | 你是从《指环王》片场跑出来的吗 |
[10:31] | We’re in rehearsals. | 我们正在彩排 |
[10:32] | It’s a live action musical tribute to The Dark Crystal. | 是一部向《黑水晶》致敬的音乐剧 |
[10:35] | I’m Kira, the Gelfling. | 我是基拉 歌拂林族 |
[10:37] | Pretty sure it’s pronounced “Barf-ling.” | 我很确定发音应该是”吐吐林” |
[10:39] | Okay. Leave her alone. | 行了 别烦她了 |
[10:40] | Just set up what you gotta set up. | 赶紧把该架好的架好 |
[10:41] | Gotta go get my stuff, chief. | 我得去拿设备 老大 |
[10:42] | No, it’s taken care of. | 不用 都拿来了 |
[10:44] | I’m here! I’m here! | 我来了 我来了 |
[10:45] | That’s the face. Look serious. | 就这表情 要严肃 |
[10:48] | I just grabbed everything. | 我把所有的都拿来了 |
[10:50] | I got three rolls of Tri-X and Plus-X | 我拿了三卷Tri-X和Plus-X |
[10:53] | ’cause I didn’t know which one you’d want… | 因为我不知道你想用哪一个 |
[10:54] | Wait, wait, wait… You touched my stuff. | 等等… 你碰了我的东西 |
[10:55] | Nobody touches my stuff but me! | 除了我谁都不准碰我的东西 |
[10:56] | Truer words were never spoken. | 行了别废话了 |
[10:58] | Okay. Get it in gear. We’re on a deadline. | 快开始吧 我们赶时间呢 |
[11:02] | Thank God. | 天啊 |
[11:11] | You’re sure of this? Absolutely sure? | 你百分之百确定吗 |
[11:13] | We want it to look right, right? | 得确保看上去没毛病啊 |
[11:14] | Yeah, I know, but I can do it. | 我知道 可我能搞定 |
[11:15] | I mean, I was around your cast almost as much as you were. | 我也能搞定石膏的 |
[11:18] | Here, gimme the bag. You get back in the car, | 把包给我 你回车里去 |
[11:21] | bust the speed limit, and you’ll still make that lunch. | 超速狂奔 你还能赶上那个午餐 |
[11:23] | Jimmy. This is where I need to be. | 吉米 我需要在这里 |
[11:25] | Is my light meter in here? | 我的测光表在这吗 |
[11:27] | It’s in there. | 在里面呢 |
[11:28] | Hello, Lenny, can I have your, uh… | 莱尼 能把你的… |
[11:30] | – Left arm… – left arm? | -左臂… -左臂给我吗 |
[11:31] | Of course. What’s… | 当然 为什么… |
[11:32] | Your character has a broken arm now. | 你的角色现在折了条胳膊了 |
[11:34] | It’s not here. It’s not here. | 这里没有 |
[11:35] | – The plot thickens. This changes everything. – Nothing changes. | -情节更扑朔迷离了 这会改变一切 -没有变化 |
[11:38] | – Did you grab my NDs? – I grabbed everything. | -你拿了中灰滤镜吗 -我什么都拿了 |
[11:40] | Well, I-I must have a new backstory. | 我必须有个新的背景故事 |
[11:41] | Can you just hold your arm still, though? | 你胳膊不要动好吗 |
[11:42] | – I don’t see them. – Check the side pocket. | -我没找到啊 -侧兜里看看 |
[11:44] | Think of the broken arm as symbolic. | 折了的胳膊具有象征意义 |
[11:46] | – Ahh, I see. Symbolic. – Got ’em. | -明白了 象征意义 -找到了 |
[11:48] | – Going with the Plus-X. – Try not to talk, Lenny. | -用Plus-X胶片 -尽量别讲话 莱尼 |
[11:50] | Your character motivation remains exactly the same. | 你角色的动机和以前完全一样 |
[11:52] | You’re on a covert mission | 你在执行秘密任务 |
[11:53] | to accept a very important package, | 要接收一包非常重要的东西 |
[11:55] | and you want to play it casual, | 你想装作若无其事 |
[11:57] | okay, but knowing, you know? | 但是心里知道 |
[11:58] | An air of mystery, intrigue, conspiracy… | 有股子神神秘秘高深莫测心怀鬼胎的劲儿… |
[12:02] | You know what? Probably best if you just look sleepy. | 算了 你还是做出犯困的样子就行了 |
[12:05] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[12:06] | That supposed to be a cast? | 那是石膏吗 |
[12:08] | Ah, clock’s running. C’mon, guys. Let’s go. | 时间不等人 快 我们开始吧 |
[12:09] | – Hey. Hands. – Thanks. | -手 -谢谢 |
[12:12] | Are you kidding me? Dude, c’mon, | 你搞笑呢吧 |
[12:14] | that’s a $36 cloth camera tape from Rafik. | 这可是36块一卷的拉菲克摄像胶带 |
[12:17] | Bill us. | 记我们帐上 |
[12:23] | Almost there. Keep it steady. | 就快好了 保持别动 |
[12:27] | – Keep it steady! – Morning light! | -保持别动 -要晨光 |
[12:33] | Aces on the foli-age. | 树叶的位置很好 |
[12:34] | Okay. Go! | 好了 开始 |
[12:37] | Action! | 开拍 |
[12:42] | No, guys, we can’t see it! | 不行 我们看不到 |
[12:43] | You have to turn so you can see it! | 你必须转过来 这样才能看见 |
[12:45] | You have to… | 你必须… |
[12:46] | No, turn it so that we can… | 不行 转过来我们才能… |
[12:48] | No, the envelope… When you… | 不行 信封… 当你… |
[12:49] | – What? – Turn! | -什么 -转过去… |
[12:51] | What? Is she… What is she saying? | 什么 她说… 她说什么 |
[12:55] | Camera reload! | 重新装载摄影机 |
[12:57] | Okay, um, Lenny, just… | 莱尼 你就… |
[13:00] | Okay, um, Lenny, why don’t you try, um, | 莱尼 不如你 |
[13:02] | walking behind the bench, | 从椅子后面走 |
[13:03] | and, Jimmy, pass it back to him? | 吉米呢 把东西递给他 |
[13:06] | Right, but, yeah, keep the envelope like… | 对 但是信封要… |
[13:08] | – No, more like flat. – Flat? | -不 更竖起来 -竖起来 |
[13:09] | – You know, to the camera. – Okay, yep. | -要对着镜头 -好 |
[13:11] | – But not too obvious. – Got it. Go. | -但不要太明显 -明白了 |
[13:14] | Shoes! Shoes in the shot! | 鞋 鞋到镜头里了 |
[13:17] | Crap. | 妈的 |
[13:18] | Okay. Okay. | 好了 |
[13:24] | Okay. All ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[13:27] | Okay, action again! | 再次开拍 |
[13:50] | What are we looking at here? | 怎么样了 |
[13:52] | Can’t rush the process. | 冲片过程不能急 |
[13:59] | As long as there’s an image, it doesn’t have to be perfect. | 只要有人影就行 不用很完美 |
[14:03] | Can’t rush the process. | 冲片过程不能急 |
[14:11] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:15] | That one? | 那张 |
[14:17] | That there? And this one. | 那边那张 还有这张 |
[14:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:20] | That one. That one. | 那张 那张 |
[14:22] | Yeah. Looks good. | 看着不错 |
[14:25] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[14:39] | Ooh. Got it. | 可以 |
[14:53] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[14:55] | Don’t worry about it. | 不用你操心 |
[14:57] | You’re “Need-to-know” on this one. | 你不用知道 |
[15:34] | Oh, God, God, oh, God. | 天啊 天啊 |
[15:44] | Go! Go! | 快 快 |
[16:39] | Excuse me, Mr. Hamlin. | 打扰一下 哈姆林先生 |
[16:40] | I-I was told I should restock the fridge before the meeting. | 他们让我在开会前把冰箱的东西补充好 |
[16:43] | No worries. | 没事 |
[16:44] | Here. | 来 |
[16:46] | Mm. Let me give you a hand. | 我来帮你 |
[16:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:52] | Uh, you’re… Gary? | 你叫… 加里 |
[16:55] | Cary. Anderson. | 凯里 姓安德森 |
[16:58] | Mm. Of course. Cary. | 没错 凯里 |
[17:02] | Cary, what happens when you drop or shake a can of soda? | 凯里 如果汽水被摇晃或者掉地上会怎么样 |
[17:09] | Right. | 哦对 |
[17:10] | Boosh. | 噗 |
[17:12] | I’m sorry, I-I’m, uh… | 对不起 我… |
[17:14] | Here. Let me show you a little trick. | 看 我给你露一手 |
[17:20] | Something about the centrifugal force. | 离心力 |
[17:22] | It pulls the bubbles from the inside of the can, | 会让罐里的气泡消失 |
[17:23] | stops it from exploding. | 这样就不会爆 |
[17:27] | Don’t want our clients to get a surprise, now, do we? | 不能让我们的委托人受到惊吓 对吧 |
[17:30] | That works? | 这管用吗 |
[17:37] | Oh. All right. | 真可以啊 |
[17:39] | You know who taught me that trick? | 知道是谁教我的吗 |
[17:42] | He used to do it, out of habit. | 他以前总是习惯性这么做 |
[17:45] | Any time he opened a can, almost unconsciously. | 每次他开饮料罐 几乎是下意识地 |
[17:49] | I asked him about it once. | 我问过他一次 |
[17:51] | Just his way of being prepared for anything, | 这就是他事无巨细充分准备的体现 |
[17:54] | accidental or otherwise. | 不管是不是意外 |
[17:57] | Um. I’m sorry, I’m kinda new here. | 抱歉 我是新来的 |
[18:00] | I have to ask… Who… Who is that? | 我得问问 那是谁 |
[18:04] | Charles McGill. | 查尔斯·麦吉尔 |
[18:06] | The “M” In HHM. | 哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所里的”麦吉尔” |
[18:09] | The greatest legal mind I ever knew. | 我认识的最有法律头脑的人 |
[18:14] | I hope someone says that about me someday. | 希望有一天别人也会这样评价我 |
[18:19] | Well… | 这个… |
[18:21] | Maybe there are more important things. | 或许还有更重要的事 |
[18:25] | – Mr. Genidowski is here. – Now? | -杰尼道斯基先生来了 -现在吗 |
[18:29] | I told him you have a meeting. | 我跟他说了你在开会 |
[18:30] | All the parties are here? | 所有人都到了吗 |
[18:31] | Rich Schweikart and his team are running late. | 里奇·斯韦卡特和他的团队迟到了 |
[18:33] | They just phoned, about ten minutes out. | 他们刚打来说十分钟后到 |
[18:36] | Genidowski say what he wants? | 杰尼道斯基有说什么事吗 |
[18:38] | Just that there’s been a development. | 只说了有进展 |
[18:40] | Said you’d know what he means. | 他说你清楚那是什么意思 |
[18:52] | Sorry about that. They’re fresh out of the bath. | 抱歉 刚从定影液里捞出来 |
[18:55] | What am I looking at? | 这是什么 |
[18:57] | Took those about 7:00 this morning. | 今早七点左右拍的 |
[18:59] | McGill sat on a bench in Trumbull park, | 麦吉尔坐在特朗布尔公园的长凳上 |
[19:00] | then the subject you see there | 然后你看到的这个人 |
[19:02] | passed by and collected a package from McGill, | 从身后经过 接下麦吉尔递来的包裹 |
[19:05] | tucked it in his sling. | 塞进他的悬带 |
[19:06] | Didn’t realize what it was until I saw the photos up close. | 我近距离看 才发现那是什么 |
[19:24] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[19:25] | Same envelope. | 同一个信封 |
[19:27] | And the man with the moustache? | 留小胡子的这男人呢 |
[19:29] | I was hoping you’d recognize him. | 我还指望你认得他 |
[19:31] | I don’t, but… | 我不认识 不过… |
[19:33] | What can you do to find this man? | 你有什么办法能找到这男人 |
[19:34] | I know he drives a silver Miata, | 我知道他开一辆银色米亚达 |
[19:36] | and I got a partial plate. | 我拍到了部分车牌 |
[19:37] | Not perfect, but enough. | 不算理想 但也够了 |
[19:39] | It’ll take some extra man-hours, | 要花费额外工时 |
[19:41] | – and I might have to grease some wheels over at MVD… – Do it. | -我可能还得去车管部拉拉关系 -去吧 |
[19:45] | Whatever needs to be done. | 尽你所能 |
[19:47] | I’m on it. | 这就去 |
[19:53] | Now, the secret to a really good potato and leek soup… | 一锅成功的土豆大葱汤 |
[19:58] | It’s not the potatoes, it’s the leeks. | 其秘诀不在于土豆 而是大葱 |
[20:01] | You have to leave them a little chunky. | 必须切得大块一些 |
[20:03] | Oh, well, I love leeks. | 我最喜欢大葱了 |
[20:04] | Oh, and garlic helps, too. | 加点大蒜更添风味 |
[20:06] | That sounds delicious. | 听起来很美味 |
[20:07] | I really hope I get a chance to try it… | 真希望我有机会尝尝 |
[20:09] | Irene! How are you, my dear? | 爱琳 你好吗 亲爱的 |
[20:11] | I’m very good, Mr. Hamlin. | 我很好 哈姆林先生 |
[20:13] | Now, you know to call me Howard. | 你知道要叫我霍华德的 |
[20:15] | And you remember Julie, of course. | 你一定记得朱莉吧 |
[20:17] | – Yes. – I was just telling Irene | -记得 -我刚才跟爱琳说 |
[20:19] | she doesn’t have to do or say anything, | 她什么都不用做 也不用说 |
[20:21] | and there’s nothing to be nervous about. | 没什么好紧张的 |
[20:23] | Well, Cliff is absolutely right. | 克利福德说得很对 |
[20:26] | Uh, uh, Julie, can you pour Irene | 朱莉 麻烦你帮爱琳 |
[20:27] | a hot cup of chamomile tea, a touch of honey? | 泡一杯热洋甘菊茶 加点蜂蜜 |
[20:30] | That’s how you like it, right? | 你喜欢这样 对吧 |
[20:31] | Yes, thank you. | 是的 谢谢 |
[20:32] | Irene, let me walk you through what’s going to happen. | 爱琳 我给你解释一下待会的情况 |
[20:36] | You’re going to meet Mr. Schweikart and his associates, | 你会见到斯韦卡特先生和他的合伙人 |
[20:38] | who represent Sandpiper’s interests, | 他们代表矶鹞渡的利益 |
[20:40] | and it’s all going to be very polite and professional, | 整个过程都会有礼且专业 |
[20:42] | and to make sure it stays polite and professional… | 为了确保一直有礼且专业 |
[20:45] | …an independent mediator is going to keep things that way. | 会有一位中立的调解人来维持现状 |
[20:48] | Kind of like a referee. | 有点像是裁判员 |
[20:50] | Yeah, a very nice retired judge out of Santa Fe, | 一位来自圣达菲 人很好的退休法官 |
[20:52] | Judge Casimiro, I’ve known for many, many years. | 卡西米罗法官 我认识他很多年了 |
[20:55] | – Oh, thank you. You’re so sweet. – Thank you. | -谢谢你 你真好 -谢谢 |
[20:58] | Oh, my goodness. | 老天 |
[20:59] | I’m just so glad this is all going to be over soon. | 我很庆幸一切都快结束了 |
[21:04] | Well, we all know the saying, | 不过我们都知道那句俗语 |
[21:06] | “The wheels of justice turn slowly…” | “正义的车轮转得慢” |
[21:09] | Things probably won’t be over today. | 今天事情估计不会结束 |
[21:11] | Uh, there’s a chance, but we’re fighting very hard | 也有可能了结 但我们正努力 |
[21:14] | to get you and your friends what you deserve, | 为你和你的朋友们争取应得的东西 |
[21:16] | and the other side’s fighting hard for their clients, | 对方也竭尽全力为他们的委托人争取 |
[21:18] | so this is one very big, very important, | 所以这是迈向公道很大 很重要 |
[21:22] | and very slow step towards justice. | 又很缓慢的一步 |
[21:26] | Full disclosure, we’re probably looking at, what, Cliff? | 事实就是 预计要多久 克利福德 |
[21:31] | Oh, I’d have to say one and a half to two years, minimum. | 我估计至少要一年半到两年 |
[21:33] | Of course, you’re the class representative, | 当然了 你是集体诉讼代表 |
[21:36] | – and if you hear a deal of your liking today… – Oh, no, no, no, no. | -如果你今天听见心动的协议… -不不不 |
[21:38] | I-I am not going to do anything that you don’t tell me to do. | 我绝不会做你没叫我做的事 |
[21:43] | Well, we will advise you to the best of our ability, | 我们会尽全力给你建议 |
[21:45] | I can assure you of that. | 我向你保证 |
[21:48] | All the parties are here, | 人都到齐了 |
[21:49] | and Erin has the out-of-state reps dialed in on the Polycom. | 艾琳给外州代表接通了会议电话 |
[21:53] | Fantastic. And Judge Casimiro? | 很好 卡西米罗法官呢 |
[21:55] | In the waiting area, ready to come in once we’re all assembled. | 在等候区 等我们集合了他就进来 |
[21:59] | Excellent. | 好极了 |
[22:00] | Well, this is it, then. | 这一刻终于到了 |
[22:02] | – We’ll freshen this up for you in the conference room. – Thank you. | -到会议室给你重新泡一杯 -谢谢 |
[22:11] | Now, let’s get you down there in style. | 我们把你风光地送过去 |
[22:17] | Um, I’m fine walking. | 我可以自己走路 |
[22:18] | Of course. | 当然 |
[22:20] | I’d feel better making all of this as easy for you as possible. | 如果能让你更轻松舒适 我会更安心 |
[22:29] | Thank you for indulging me, Irene. | 谢谢你满足我 爱琳 |
[22:32] | Now, is there anything else to make you comfortable? | 我们还能做些什么让你舒服点 |
[22:34] | Are you hot? | 你热不热 |
[22:36] | No, I’m very comfortable. | 不热 我很舒适 |
[22:38] | Anybody else hot? | 还有谁觉得热吗 |
[22:42] | Um… I’m good. | 我还好 |
[23:12] | And I believe we’re just moments away. | 应该马上就到了 |
[23:15] | And here they are. | 他们来了 |
[23:17] | Good afternoon, everyone. | 下午好 各位 |
[23:18] | The team has entered room | 律师进入了会议室 |
[23:19] | along with your class representative, | 连同你们的集体诉讼代表 |
[23:21] | Irene Landry. | 爱琳·兰德里 |
[23:21] | Howard. | 霍华德 |
[23:24] | – Cliff, good to see you. – Rich. | -克利福德 见到你很高兴 -里奇 |
[23:26] | – Yeah. You remember Alvin and Phil… – Hi. | -你记得阿尔文和菲尔吧 -你好 |
[23:27] | …and this is Daniela and Edwina from Sandpiper. | 这是矶鹞渡的丹妮拉和埃德温娜 |
[23:30] | Of course, great to see you again. | 我记得 很高兴又见面了 |
[23:31] | Rich, I don’t think you’ve met Irene Landry. | 里奇 你之前没见过爱琳·兰德里吧 |
[23:33] | No, I haven’t, but it’s nice to put a face to a name. | 没有 但我很开心能把名字和人对上 |
[23:36] | Hello, my dear. Rich Schweikart. | 你好 亲爱的 我是里奇·斯韦卡特 |
[23:37] | It is so nice to meet all of you. | 能见到你们真是太好了 |
[23:40] | There are so many people. | 好多人啊 |
[23:43] | Julie, I think it’s time to invite in the mediator. | 朱莉 是时候把调解人请上来了 |
[23:45] | Right away. | 马上 |
[23:47] | Hang tight, everyone, now that all the parties are here, | 稍等一下 各位 现在各方都到了 |
[23:49] | the mediator will be invited in… | 请调解人来… |
[23:53] | Congratulations are in order, I hear. | 我听说应该祝贺 |
[23:54] | – Whoops, hello? – I read the… | -喂 -我读了… |
[23:56] | Hello? We still have everyone? | 喂 大家都在听吗 |
[24:00] | Hello? Did we lose anyone? | 喂 是不是有人掉线了 |
[24:04] | Ms. Valco in Provo, you still on the line? | 普罗沃的瓦尔科女士 你还在吗 |
[24:10] | Can you unmute and let us know? | 能解除静音说句话吗 |
[24:17] | More or less. Thrown into the deep end. | 算是吧 陷入了困境 |
[24:21] | Yes, I’m here, Miss Brill. | 我在 布里尔女士 |
[24:23] | Great. Um, well, if any of you get disconnected, | 太好了 如果有人掉线 |
[24:25] | just dial back on the same number you were provided, | 就拨之前告诉你们的号码 |
[24:28] | followed by the access code, then press pound, | 然后输入密码 接着按# |
[24:30] | the little tic-tac-toe button, | 井号键 |
[24:32] | and you’ll jump right back in. | 就回来了 |
[24:34] | And it looks like our mediator has arrived, so we’ll get started. | 我们的调解人到了 开始吧 |
[24:37] | We’ve got you right there at the head of the table. | 我们安排您坐在上座 |
[24:39] | Is there anything I can get you? | 您想喝点什么吗 |
[24:41] | I’m absolutely fine, thank you. | 我好得很 谢谢 |
[24:43] | I am a pencil and notepad person. | 我有笔和本就能开工 |
[24:47] | All I need. | 足够了 |
[24:51] | Hello. | 大家好 |
[24:54] | I know we’re all anxious to get things started, | 我知道我们都盼着赶紧开始 |
[24:57] | but you’ll have to suffer through my traditional spiel, unfortunately. | 但恐怕你们要忍一忍我的惯例套话 |
[25:02] | My name is Rand Casimiro, | 我叫兰德·卡西米罗 |
[25:04] | and I am your mediator for these proceedings. | 我是本次诉讼的调解人 |
[25:09] | Now, I’m happy to be here, but at the end, hopefully, | 我很高兴来参加 但最终 |
[25:12] | all of you in the room | 希望在座的各位 |
[25:13] | and those listening from various locations | 以及在各地的听众 |
[25:18] | won’t be happy with me. | 不要对我感到满意 |
[25:20] | And why do I say that? | 我为什么这么说 |
[25:22] | Because the best solutions mean compromise. | 因为最好的解决方案意味着妥协 |
[25:26] | It’s compromise from both sides. That’s my goal. | 双方各退一步 这是我的目标 |
[25:29] | But as my wife always says, | 但就像我妻子总说的 |
[25:31] | compromising doesn’t mean I’m right and she’s wrong. | 妥协并不代表我是对的 她是错的 |
[25:36] | So let us move forward with the b… | 我们就继续… |
[25:41] | Howard? | 霍华德 |
[25:44] | I, um… | 我… |
[25:54] | I’m… I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:57] | I don’t think we can proceed with these negotiations today. | 我们今天应该无法继续谈判了 |
[26:00] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[26:01] | Let’s just say, circumstances beyond any of our control. | 这样说吧 出现了我们无法控制的情况 |
[26:06] | Well, I’m going to have to insist that you be more specific. | 你必须说得更确切一些 |
[26:11] | Well, our mediator here keeps using the word “compromise” | 我们的这位调解人一再重复”妥协”这个词 |
[26:16] | when he, in fact, is compromised. | 但他才是有问题的那个 |
[26:20] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[26:21] | I think you heard me. | 没错 |
[26:23] | Howard… | 霍华德 |
[26:26] | You drive a silver Miata, correct? | 你开银色的米亚达 对吗 |
[26:29] | I do. | 没错 |
[26:30] | And this morning, around 7:00 a.m., | 今天早上七点左右 |
[26:32] | you walked across Trumbull Park in town. | 你步行穿过特朗布尔公园 |
[26:35] | No. | 没有 |
[26:37] | You didn’t stop at the park this morning. | 你今早没去公园吗 |
[26:39] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[26:41] | I got to Albuquerque early, not at 7:00 a.m. | 我早早地来到了阿尔布开克 但不是在七点 |
[26:45] | – And I didn’t go to a park. – You’re sure. | -我也没去公园 -你确定 |
[26:47] | Howard, if the judge says he’s sure, then I… | 霍华德 如果法官说他确定 那我… |
[26:48] | Of course I’m sure. | 我当然确定了 |
[26:51] | If it matters, I arrived in town about 10:00. | 那我就说清楚 我大概十点到了城里 |
[26:54] | I stopped at a gas station. | 在加油站停了一下 |
[26:56] | I went by a liquor store and bought a gift. | 去酒水商店买了件礼物 |
[26:59] | I had a lunch salad and a very nice latte | 午餐在门瑙街的飞星咖啡店吃了沙拉 |
[27:02] | from the Flying Star on Menaul. | 喝了一杯非常好喝的拿铁 |
[27:05] | I read Barron’s. | 读了《巴伦周刊》 |
[27:07] | Then came here. | 然后来到这里 |
[27:10] | So you weren’t in town to visit our mutual acquaintance, | 所以你没拜访我们都认识的那位 |
[27:12] | James Morgan McGill. | 詹姆斯·摩根·麦吉尔 |
[27:15] | Or maybe you know him as “Saul Goodman.” | 或者你认识的他叫索尔·古德曼 |
[27:18] | I don’t know anyone by either of those names. | 这两个名字我都没听过 |
[27:20] | Okay. You want to go that way? | 好 真要这样吗 |
[27:24] | Julie, go to my desk, please. | 朱莉 请你去我办公桌 |
[27:26] | There’s an envelope with photos. | 有一个装着照片的信封 |
[27:28] | Bring it to me, quickly. | 速速带给我 |
[27:29] | O-Okay. | 好 |
[27:31] | Howard, can we have a sidebar? | 霍华德 我们能私谈吗 |
[27:32] | I’m sorry, these photos. | 不好意思 那些照片 |
[27:36] | These are photos of me? | 是我的照片吗 |
[27:38] | They show exactly what I’m describing. | 它们跟我说的一模一样 |
[27:41] | You were following me? | 你跟踪我 |
[27:44] | I had a private investigator following Jimmy McGill. | 我派私家侦探跟踪吉米·麦吉尔 |
[27:47] | You were photographed receiving | 你今早在公园里被拍到 |
[27:49] | what I estimate to be a $20,000 payoff this morning in the park. | 接受大约两万美金的贿赂 |
[27:53] | I-I’m sorry. I’m sorry, this is just… | 不好意思 这太… |
[27:58] | You recommended this judge as a mediator, and we agreed, | 是你推荐这位法官做调解人 我们同意了 |
[28:01] | and now… Jimmy… | 现在又…吉米… |
[28:04] | Jimmy McGill, who… Who originated this suit is… What? | 吉米·麦吉尔 发起这诉讼案的人 搞什么 |
[28:08] | A-Admittedly, i-it all sounds a bit baroque, | 确实 这听起来有点怪异 |
[28:11] | but when you see the photos, things will be clearer. | 但等你们看到照片就明白了 |
[28:15] | Well, I’m looking forward to that. | 我很期待 |
[28:32] | I have the pictures, Mr. Hamlin. | 我把照片拿来了 哈姆林先生 |
[28:34] | Thank you, Julie. | 谢谢 朱莉 |
[28:37] | And now… | 那么… |
[28:38] | Take a look. | 看看吧 |
[28:51] | Is that supposed to be me? | 那是我吗 |
[28:55] | I, uh… | 我… |
[28:58] | This is… | 这… |
[29:01] | This is not… | 这不是… |
[29:03] | Julie, you got the wrong envelope. | 朱莉 你拿错信封了 |
[29:04] | – That was the only one on your desk. – Look again. | -你桌上只有这一个 -再看看 |
[29:10] | They… They’ve been switched. | 照片被调包了 |
[29:13] | – Somehow he switched them. – Howard… | -不知道怎么被他调包了 -霍华德… |
[29:14] | No, Jimmy, he snuck in somehow, and… | 不 是吉米 他不知道什么时候溜了进来 |
[29:17] | These are not the pictures I saw. | 这不是我刚才看到的照片 |
[29:18] | Mr. Hamlin, are you all right? Your eyes… | 哈姆林先生 你没事吧 你的眼睛… |
[29:22] | I am fine! | 我没事 |
[29:25] | This is all something that will be sorted out, | 这些事情都会水落石出的 |
[29:27] | I am confident. | 我很有信心 |
[29:28] | I think a recess is in order. | 我觉得现在需要休息一下 |
[29:34] | Nobody move! | 都别走 |
[29:35] | – Evidence has been tampered with. – Now, Howard. Please. | -有人篡改了证据 -快别说了 霍华德 |
[29:42] | Is this how these usually go? | 这是正常流程吗 |
[29:45] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[29:46] | I told you, | 我说了 |
[29:47] | this is a campaign by Jimmy to take me down… | 这都是吉米想搞垮我的伎俩 |
[29:49] | You are blowing this. | 你会毁了今天的 |
[29:50] | You need to take a long, deep breath | 你需要好好地 深深地吸一口气 |
[29:51] | – and apologize to everyone for what you just did. – Of course. | -然后为你刚才的所作所为向所有人道歉 -当然 |
[29:53] | I’ll call my P.I. He has the negatives. | 我要打给我的私人侦探 他手上有底片 |
[29:55] | – Listen to me… – No, no, no. | -听我说 -不不不 |
[29:56] | The original photos will prove everything. | 原来的照片将会证明一切 |
[29:58] | – Howard… – Just wait. You’ll see. | -霍华德 -等着瞧吧 |
[30:03] | Okay. Uh, this isn’t… | 好吧 这不是… |
[30:07] | All right, I’m going to figure out what the hell is happening. | 我要查清楚到底是怎么回事 |
[30:11] | Howard. | 霍华德 |
[30:19] | Judge… | 法官 |
[30:21] | I… I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说些什么 |
[30:25] | I suppose… | 我想… |
[30:28] | There really is nothing to say. | 真的没什么好说的了 |
[30:32] | Best of luck, Cliff. | 祝你好运 克利福德 |
[30:35] | If everyone could just stay on the line, that would be preferable. | 请大家不要挂机 |
[30:38] | The situation here is fluid, | 现场出了一点状况 |
[30:40] | and we will update you as soon as possible. | 有什么消息我们会尽快告知大家 |
[30:43] | Uh, we’ve, um… | 我们… |
[30:46] | We’ve reconsidered our position. | 我们重新考虑了一下我们的立场 |
[30:49] | We’re going back to our previous offer. | 我们要开回原来给的报价 |
[30:51] | That stands until end of day. | 有效期今天之前 |
[30:54] | And tomorrow, we reduce it by a million, | 到了明天 我们会减少一百万 |
[30:56] | and then another million the day after that. | 再过一天 再减少一百万 |
[31:02] | Our best to Howard. | 希望霍华德没事 |
[31:17] | Did you call a doctor? | 你打电话给医生了没 |
[31:18] | One is on the way. | 有一位已经在路上了 |
[31:20] | Cliff? Is that you? | 克利福德 是你吗 |
[31:23] | I’m not crazy. And I’m not on drugs. | 我没疯 也没嗑药 |
[31:25] | Please, come in. | 请进来 |
[31:30] | Now, somehow, someway, that son of a bitch | 不知道什么时候 这个狗娘养的 |
[31:32] | gave me something that dilated my pupils. | 给了我下了扩张瞳孔的药 |
[31:34] | I don’t know what, but it’s wearing off already. Look. | 我不知道是什么药 但现在药效已经退了 看 |
[31:38] | You say that Jimmy McGill drugged you. | 你是说吉米·麦吉尔给你下了药 |
[31:40] | How is that possible? | 怎么可能 |
[31:42] | The photos, they were wet with…something. | 是那些照片 上面被什么东西浸湿了 |
[31:46] | The missing photos. | 那些不见了的照片 |
[31:47] | Yeah, my P.I., Genidowski, had to have been in on it. | 对 我的私人侦探杰尼道斯基 也跟他是一伙的 |
[31:50] | He… He must have shown me one set of photos, | 他肯定给我看了一组照片 |
[31:53] | and then switched them after I left the office. | 然后趁我离开办公室 把它们掉包了 |
[31:55] | Howard… | 霍华德 |
[31:56] | Three weeks ago, Julie got a call from our detective agency. | 三周前 朱莉接到了我们的侦探事务所的电话 |
[31:59] | They wanted to update their contact info, | 他们想更新联系方式 |
[32:01] | so, of course, she changed the number in the system. | 于是她自然在系统里改了号码 |
[32:03] | But it turns out it wasn’t them. | 但结果不是他们打来的 |
[32:06] | That was Jimmy. | 是吉米 |
[32:07] | So when I needed an investigator to follow Jimmy, | 所以当我想找一名侦探跟踪吉米时 |
[32:10] | I called his fake number and his fake man. | 就打给了这个假号码 找了他安排的冒牌货 |
[32:13] | She just dialed the old number, | 她刚打给了之前的号码 |
[32:14] | and of course, got the actual agency. | 果不其然 联系上了真正的侦探事务所 |
[32:17] | And, no surprise, | 不出所料 |
[32:19] | no one by the name of Genidowski had ever worked there. | 那里从来没有一个叫杰尼道斯基的人 |
[32:24] | I hired a con man. | 我雇了一个骗子 |
[32:26] | I got played… | 我被耍了 |
[32:28] | Every step of the way. | 从头到尾 |
[32:32] | I know what it sounds like, but you have to believe me. | 听起来很荒谬 但你一定得相信我 |
[32:36] | I… | 我… |
[32:38] | It doesn’t matter. | 这不重要了 |
[32:40] | Rich went back to the previous offer. | 里奇开出了之前的报价 |
[32:42] | I’m going to recommend to the class that we take it. | 我只能向委托人建议接受这个报价 |
[32:44] | No. | 不 |
[32:45] | No way. | 不行 |
[32:48] | We do not let Jimmy win this. | 我们不能让吉米得逞 |
[32:49] | Why would Jimmy even do this? | 吉米为什么要这么做 |
[32:51] | He’s a profit participant. | 分钱也有他一份 |
[32:53] | This means less money for him… | 这样只会让他少拿钱 |
[32:54] | Because he’s a child. | 因为他就是个小孩 |
[32:56] | He wants his money now. | 他想现在要钱 |
[32:58] | He begged me months ago to settle. You know what he does. | 几个月前他就求我和解 你也知道他那德性 |
[33:00] | Whatever the truth is, | 不管事实如何 |
[33:01] | we’ll never get back to where we were before mediation. | 我们已经不可能回到调解前了 |
[33:04] | We have to settle. | 现在只能和解 |
[33:07] | I’m lead attorney. | 我是首席律师 |
[33:09] | And I won’t sanction that decision. | 我不允许这个决定 |
[33:11] | Then I’m obligated to go to the partners and explain everything I’ve seen. | 那我就有义务去向合伙人解释我所看到的一切 |
[33:15] | All of it. | 所有一切 |
[33:18] | You think you’re going to be able to convince them it was all Jimmy McGill? | 你能让他们相信这都是吉米·麦吉尔陷害的吗 |
[33:24] | Okay, then, we go to trial. | 好吧 那我们上庭 |
[33:28] | Cliff, this case is incredibly strong. | 克利福德 这个案子赢面很大 |
[33:30] | I put this thing in front of a jury, then everybody will know… | 我把情况向陪审团一说 所有人都会知道… |
[33:31] | I’m not thinking about you, Howard. I’m not thinking about Jimmy. | 我想的不是你 霍华德 也不是吉米 |
[33:33] | I’m thinking about the time, the expense, the uncertainty. | 我想的是所花费的时间 成本和结果的不确定性 |
[33:36] | I’m thinking about our clients. | 我想的是我们的委托人 |
[33:48] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[33:49] | Thank you for your patience, and sorry for the wait. | 感谢你们的耐心等待 很抱歉让大家久等了 |
[33:51] | This is Clifford Main, lead counsel, speaking, | 我是首席律师克利福德·梅因 |
[33:53] | and I’m here with some good news. | 我要给大家带来一个好消息 |
[33:55] | An offer’s been made and accepted by Mrs. Irene Landry, | 爱琳·兰德里夫人已经接受了调解的条件 |
[33:58] | which is going to make all of you, I believe, very satisfied. | 我相信 将会给所有人一个非常满意的交代 |
[35:23] | Mother-of-All meth labs. | 最牛逼的制毒室 |
[35:50] | Adios. | 再见 |
[36:19] | Casa Tranquila. | 宁静小屋疗养院 |
[36:22] | I’m sorry, | 不好意思 |
[36:23] | I’ll have to find someone who speaks Spanish to help… | 我得找个会说西语的人来帮我 |
[36:26] | Oh, no, it’s fine. Just… | 没事 不用了 |
[36:27] | I’m looking to speak to one of your residents. | 我想跟你们的一位住户说话 |
[36:29] | Hector Salamanca? | 赫克托·萨拉曼加 |
[36:31] | I’m a relative. | 我是亲属 |
[36:32] | Of course, just a moment. | 当然 稍等 |
[37:57] | Casa Tranquila. | 宁静小屋疗养院 |
[37:58] | Yeah, sorry, I think, um, I lost the connection. | 不好意思 我好像没信号了 |
[38:00] | I’m trying to reach Hector Salamanca. | 我想找赫克托·萨拉曼加 |
[38:03] | Yes, sorry about that. | 好的 十分抱歉 |
[38:04] | Let’s try that again. Hold on. | 我再试试 稍等 |
[38:15] | Hello? Yes. Here’s Hector. | 喂 是的 赫克托在 |
[38:20] | Hector? | 赫克托 |
[38:41] | Tio. Tio. | 叔叔 叔叔 |
[39:37] | Michael. | 麦克尔 |
[40:53] | And that’s great. | 非常好 |
[40:54] | If you can all scooch in just a little more. | 能再靠近一点点吗 |
[40:56] | And look at my hand. | 看着我的手 |
[40:58] | Big smile, guys… | 大家笑得开心点 |
[41:01] | And that’s great. Thank you, everyone. | 很好 谢谢你们的配合 |
[41:03] | Oh, Gustavo, | 古斯塔沃 |
[41:04] | we can’t thank you enough | 我们真的非常感谢你 |
[41:05] | for being such a friend to Youth Development. | 对我们青少年发展的鼎力支持 |
[41:07] | Hey, it’s not only me. | 不光是我 |
[41:08] | Every Pollos Hermanos employee | 洛博罗炸鸡店的每一位员工 |
[41:10] | is committed to giving these young people the opportunity | 都致力于给这些年轻人提供机会 |
[41:12] | to reach their fullest potential. | 让他们发挥出最大的潜力 |
[41:14] | Can you say more about why you chose this organization? | 你能详细说说为什么选择这个组织吗 |
[41:19] | I think of the guidance that I had as a child. | 我想起了我年少时得到的指引 |
[41:23] | If we can make an impact early, | 如果我们能尽早产生影响 |
[41:24] | we not only help the children, but we help the world. | 那我们不仅能帮到孩子 更能帮到整个世界 |
[41:27] | Uh, if you would excuse me for just a moment. | 失陪一下 |
[41:28] | Oh, of course. | 好的 |
[41:42] | When? | 什么时候的事 |
[41:43] | Twenty minutes ago. | 二十分钟前 |
[41:46] | Now, you’re gonna need to cut this short. | 你得快点结束了 |
[41:48] | Too many civilians, kids… | 有太多平民 孩童 |
[41:50] | I’ve got guys sweeping outside right now, | 我安排了人正在外面排查 |
[41:53] | but this is an uncontrollable situation. | 但情况是不可控的 |
[41:57] | He would not attack me here. | 他不可能在这里攻击我 |
[42:01] | You wanna bet the farm on that? | 你确定要这样孤注一掷吗 |
[42:04] | We need home court advantage, | 我们需要主场优势 |
[42:06] | which is you in the safe house | 也就是你待在安全屋 |
[42:07] | and him thinking you’re alone. | 让他以为你是独自一人 |
[42:10] | You need to get in your car and drive calmly home, | 你得回到车上然后淡定地开车回家 |
[42:14] | business as usual. | 像往常一样 |
[42:16] | We’ll be hidden, but we’ll be on you every step of the way. | 我们会在暗处 但一路上都紧紧跟随你 |
[42:19] | I’ve pulled guys off all the low-priority targets to cover you. | 我把所有低优先级地方的人都叫来掩护你了 |
[42:23] | The laundry? | 洗衣房呢 |
[42:24] | Tyrus is there with his crew. | 泰勒斯一伙在 |
[42:27] | Aside from that, it’s all hands on deck at your house. | 除了他们 所有人手都在你家了 |
[42:30] | The trap is set. | 陷阱已经设好 |
[42:32] | Salamanca shows up, | 萨拉曼加一露面 |
[42:35] | he goes down. | 就会毙命 |
[42:55] | Not the pope, Alexander Pope. | 不是教皇 是亚历山大·蒲柏说的 |
[42:59] | “The proper study…” | “研究人类” |
[43:00] | “Of mankind is man.” | “要从研究具体的人着手” |
[43:02] | “…of mankind is man.” ‘Course, that means women, too. | “要从研究具体的人着手” 女人也包括在内 |
[43:05] | – Yes. – Yes, I know. | -是的 -我就知道 |
[43:06] | I’ve been doin’ some studyin’ of a different mankind lately, | 我最近就在研究一类特别的人 |
[43:10] | like the ones you told me… | 比如你告诉过我的那些 |
[43:11] | Thomas Jefferson last week, | 上周是开国元勋托马斯·杰斐逊 |
[43:13] | and this week, Tom Paine. | 这周是政治活动家汤姆·佩恩 |
[43:15] | Y’know, we don’t have to get it. | 我们可以不开门的 |
[43:21] | We should probably get this over with. | 还是赶紧解决完事吧 |
[43:23] | I’ll get it. | 我去吧 |
[43:25] | Just in case Max Schmeling comes in swinging. | 万一马克斯·施梅林挥着拳头来了呢 |
[43:35] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[43:36] | Yeah. Come in. | 当然 请进 |
[43:42] | Kim. | 金 |
[43:42] | Howard. | 霍华德 |
[43:44] | You doing okay? | 你还好吗 |
[43:46] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[43:47] | Sorry to, uh, interrupt…this, | 抱歉打扰了 |
[43:50] | but I brought you a gift. | 但我给你们带了件礼物 |
[43:53] | A gift? What’s the occasion? | 礼物 为什么 |
[43:56] | Your brother and I, we always had a meeting | 你哥哥和我 每次我们大获全胜之后 |
[43:58] | with “Mr. Macallan” after a big victory. | 都会来点麦卡伦威士忌 |
[44:02] | Usually some brilliant summation by Chuck, | 通常都是查克在庭上的精彩结辩 |
[44:04] | that goes without saying. | 这自不必说 |
[44:06] | So this… | 所以这瓶… |
[44:08] | Uh, this is for you. | 这瓶送给你 |
[44:11] | You earned it. | 你应得的 |
[44:13] | You won. | 你赢了 |
[44:15] | Won? | 赢 |
[44:17] | Uh, what’d I win? | 我赢什么了 |
[44:21] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[44:23] | Of course you… You both have to play it this way. | 你们当然要装做什么都不知道 |
[44:26] | You’re both so very good at it. | 你们都很擅常这么做 |
[44:29] | It’s late, Howard. | 很晚了 霍华德 |
[44:30] | Do you wanna tell us what this is about? | 能直说是怎么回事吗 |
[44:33] | I was wondering that, too. | 我也在想呢 |
[44:35] | What it’s all about. | 到底是怎么回事 |
[44:37] | I mean, what do you tell yourselves? | 你们是怎么说服自己的 |
[44:41] | What justification makes it okay? | 用了什么理由让自己认为这么做是对的 |
[44:45] | “Howard’s such an asshole that he deserves it”? | “霍华德是个混蛋 他活该” |
[44:48] | We’re good. | 不用了 |
[44:50] | So… | 所以 |
[44:53] | …what is it? | 是什么理由 |
[44:55] | I sided with Chuck too often? | 我总是站在查克一边 |
[44:59] | I took away your office, put you in doc review? | 把你赶出办公室 让你去审文件 |
[45:02] | All of the above? | 这些事吗 |
[45:03] | Howard’s daddy helped him get to the top, | 霍华德的爸爸为他安排好了一切 |
[45:05] | but you both had to struggle. | 但你们俩却还得苦苦挣扎 |
[45:08] | “Howie has so much, and we have so little, | “华仔什么都有 我们却什么都没有 |
[45:11] | let’s take him down a peg or two”? | 咱们给他点教训吧” |
[45:15] | What allows you to do this to me? | 你们凭什么这么对我 |
[45:17] | Because this isn’t just a prank. | 因为这可不是一个简单的恶作剧 |
[45:18] | No. | 不 |
[45:21] | This goes beyond throwing bowling bars on my car. | 这可比朝我车上扔保龄球棒复杂多了 |
[45:24] | This took planning. | 这需要计划 |
[45:26] | Coordination. | 协调 |
[45:27] | I mean, how many weeks? | 你们策划了几周 |
[45:29] | O-Or was it months? | 还是几个月 |
[45:31] | It couldn’t have been easy. | 肯定很不容易 |
[45:34] | So, tell me, why? | 所以告诉我 为什么 |
[45:37] | Why go through this elaborate plot | 为什么要精心策划这种阴谋 |
[45:39] | just to burn me to the ground? | 只是为了毁灭我 |
[45:42] | Burn you to the ground? | 毁灭你 |
[45:43] | Howard, come on. Y-You’ll be fine. | 霍华德 得了吧 你会没事的 |
[45:46] | You always land on your feet. | 你总能化险为夷 |
[45:48] | Yeah, sure. The Sandpiper settlement? | 是 没错 矶鹞渡案件的和解费 |
[45:50] | HHM’s share will be substantial, absolutely. | 律所会分到很大一块 这是当然的 |
[45:54] | Even though I humiliated myself. | 尽管我出了那么大的丑 |
[45:56] | And my clients and peers will whisper | 我的委托人和同事都会窃窃私语 |
[45:58] | that Howard Hamlin’s a drug addict. You’re right. | 说霍华德·哈姆林是个瘾君子 但你说的对 |
[46:02] | I’ve worked my way through worse. | 我经历过更糟糕的事 |
[46:04] | Debt. Depression. | 欠债 抑郁症 |
[46:06] | My marriage falling apart. | 婚姻破裂 |
[46:10] | Oh, yeah. | 没错 |
[46:13] | I’ve been sleeping in the guest house for the better part of a year. | 我在客房里睡了大半年了 |
[46:16] | Ah, just one more thing good ol’ Howard has to work through. | 这只是霍华德需要解决的另外一件事而已 |
[46:21] | But, yes, I will land on my feet. | 但没错 我会重新站稳脚跟的 |
[46:23] | I will be okay. | 我会挺过来的 |
[46:26] | But you? | 但是你们 |
[46:28] | Far from it. | 可差远了 |
[46:30] | You two… | 你们俩… |
[46:33] | You two are soulless. | 你们俩都没有良心 |
[46:37] | Jimmy, you can’t help yourself. | 吉米 你控制不了自己 |
[46:39] | Chuck knew it. | 查克早就知道 |
[46:40] | You were born that way. | 你天生如此 |
[46:42] | But you? | 但是你 |
[46:44] | One of the smartest and most promising human beings | 我认识的最聪明的 最前途无限的人 |
[46:46] | I’ve ever known, and this is the life you choose. | 却选择了这种生活 |
[46:49] | All right, you’re too tight to drive. | 好了 你喝太多不能开车了 |
[46:51] | – I’m calling you a cab. – Oh, good. Phony compassion. | -我给你叫辆车 -太好了 假慈悲 |
[46:53] | – Let’s go. – No, very, very believable, but I’m far from done. | -走了 -看着真像真的 但我还没说完 |
[46:56] | Oh, no, no, no. You are done, Howard. | 不 不 就到这里了 霍华德 |
[46:58] | Sorry, but you need to stop this now, | 抱歉 但你不能再说了 |
[47:00] | and you need to go home. | 你该回家了 |
[47:04] | You’re perfect for each other. | 你们俩真是天生一对 |
[47:08] | You have a piece missing. | 你们俩都疯了 |
[47:11] | I-I thought you did it for the money, | 我本以为你们是为了钱 |
[47:13] | but now it’s… | 但是现在… |
[47:15] | It’s so clear. | 一切再清楚不过了 |
[47:16] | Screw the money. You did it for fun. | 才不是钱的事 你们就是为了好玩 |
[47:18] | You get off on it. You’re… You’re like… Leopold and Loeb. | 你们从中得到快乐 就像李奥波德与勒伯 |
[47:22] | – Two sociopaths. – All right, that’s enough. | -两个反社会分子 -行了 够了 |
[47:23] | No, you know it’s true. You just don’t have the guts to admit it. | 不 你们知道我说的对 只是没胆子承认 |
[47:25] | Great, now you need to go. | 很好 你该走了 |
[47:27] | I’m going to make it clear to everyone, | 我要让每个人都知道 |
[47:28] | because I’m going to dedicate my life to making sure that | 我会用毕生精力去保证 |
[47:30] | everybody knows the truth. | 所有人都知道真相 |
[47:32] | Believe it. | 信不信由你们 |
[47:35] | You can’t hide who you really are forever. | 你们不可能永远隐藏真正的自己 |
[47:45] | How? | 怎么可能 |
[47:47] | H-Howard. | 霍华德 |
[47:50] | Howard. | 霍华德 |
[47:51] | Howard, you need to leave. | 霍华德 你得走了 |
[47:54] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[47:56] | Me? Nobody. | 我 谁也不是 |
[47:59] | I just need to talk to my lawyers. | 我只是想跟我的律师聊聊 |
[48:01] | Oh, is that right? You want some advice? | 是吗 你想听点建议吗 |
[48:03] | Find better lawyers. | 去找更好的律师 |
[48:04] | Howard, please. J-Just… Just turn around. | 霍华德 拜托 快走 |
[48:08] | No, no, no, no, no. Take your time. | 不不不 不急 |
[48:12] | What’s this about? | 怎么回事 |
[48:19] | Please. | 求你了 |
[48:22] | Ple… Uh… | 求… |
[48:23] | Please, just tell us what you want. | 告诉我们你想要什么 |
[48:28] | Well, like I said. | 我刚才说了 |
[48:30] | To talk. | 聊聊 |
[48:32] | I, uh… | 我… |
[48:35] | Think I’m in the middle of something. | 我好像打扰到你们了 |
[48:38] | T-There’s really no need to… | 真没有必要… |
[48:41] | – Oh, shit! – Howard! | -天哪 -霍华德 |
[48:43] | – Oh, my God! – Please, no! | -天哪 -请不要 |
[48:45] | – Oh, my God! – No, no! | -天哪 -不 不 |
[48:54] | Okay. | 好了 |
[48:56] | Let’s talk. | 咱们聊聊 |