时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:21] | Who keeps track of all that? | 谁会都记得 |
[01:23] | It’s all on the computer. Computer does everything. | 都在电脑里 电脑都记得 |
[01:25] | Every stat gets converted into points. | 数据都会转换成得分 |
[01:27] | I don’t know. Sounds kind of dumb, to be honest. | 不好说 其实感觉挺傻的 |
[01:30] | I just want to watch the game. | 我只想看比赛 |
[01:31] | You’re just afraid to lose 20 bucks. | 你只是怕输掉二十块 |
[01:33] | You want to bet on the game, let’s do it. | 你想赌球 那就赌啊 |
[01:35] | Why do we got to mess with all this extra stuff? | 我们何必纠结这些多余的事情 |
[01:37] | Trust me. You end up… | 相信我 你最终会… |
[01:58] | He’s no longer in a coma, but he’s unresponsive. | 他没有昏迷了 但还没有反应 |
[02:03] | His condition is stable. | 体征稳定了 |
[02:05] | They’re managing his blood pressure. | 他们在控制他的血压 |
[02:07] | But whether he will wake up | 但他是否会醒来 |
[02:09] | and understand what’s going on around him | 明白这是怎么一回事 |
[02:12] | there’s no way of knowing. | 我们都不知道 |
[02:14] | That’s unacceptable. | 这行不通 |
[02:17] | Gustavo, he’s getting very good care here. | 古斯塔沃 他在这儿接受很好的治疗 |
[02:21] | There’s very little even the best hospitals could do. | 连最好的医院也几乎做不到更好 |
[02:25] | Now, might it be different if he was in the care of | 就算他在约翰·霍普金斯医院接受治疗 |
[02:30] | someplace like Johns Hopkins? | 会有什么不同吗 |
[02:34] | Perhaps. | 大概会有吧 |
[02:37] | Or… it could make no difference at all. | 或者根本没任何用 |
[02:45] | But in the end — | 但最终 |
[02:49] | in the end… | 最终 |
[02:52] | I can think of no better judgment on this man. | 我也想不到他会有什么更好的下场 |
[03:00] | Isn’t this what he deserves? | 他现在的下场不是活该吗 |
[03:03] | I decide what he deserves. | 他什么下场 我说了算 |
[03:11] | No one else. | 轮不到别人说 |
[04:08] | There she is! | 终于起来了 |
[04:10] | Want some fresh O.J.? | 想要鲜榨橙汁吗 |
[04:12] | Mmm, good. Vitamin C. | 很棒哦 维C |
[04:14] | It’ll help you heal quicker. | 能帮你更快恢复 |
[04:16] | I don’t think it works like that. | 我觉得不是这样的 |
[04:17] | Eh, it might. You don’t know. | 可能就是的 说不准的 |
[04:20] | I’m good. | 我没事 |
[04:22] | Oh, I’ve also got leftover bacon from my breakfast sandwich. | 还有我早餐三明治吃剩的培根 |
[04:26] | That’s got definite healing powers. | 满满的治愈力哦 |
[04:28] | Okay. That I believe. | 好吧 我信了 |
[04:30] | And I made coffee | 我还煮了咖啡 |
[04:31] | with a little cinnamon in it for flavor. | 加了点肉桂进去调味 |
[04:33] | Just trying something different. | 尝试些不同的东西 |
[04:36] | You’re up early. | 你起得很早 |
[04:37] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[04:38] | Oh, did I wake you with the noise? | 吵醒你了吗 |
[04:40] | No. No, no, not at all. | 不 不 完全没有 |
[04:41] | I totally did, didn’t I? | 就是我吵到你了吧 |
[04:43] | No. I was — I was getting up… | 没有 我反正本来… |
[04:44] | – I’m sorry. – …eventually. | -抱歉 -就要起床 |
[04:45] | I’ve got job interviews lined up. | 我有一堆面试 |
[04:47] | I wanted to get an early jump. | 我想抢占先机 |
[04:49] | I’m starting down south — | 先去南边 |
[04:50] | office-manager interview in Polvadera. | 在波瓦德拉有个办公室主任的面试 |
[04:52] | Then I’m working my way up north to Algodones. | 然后往北去阿戈多内斯 |
[04:56] | I got a lot of ground to cover. | 有很多地方要跑 |
[04:57] | Jimmy, you know, you can take some time off. | 吉米 你可以慢点来 |
[05:01] | Nobody’s gonna ding you for not having a steady job right this minute. | 现在没人会嘀咕你没有稳定工作 |
[05:06] | Why wait? | 等什么呢 |
[05:08] | I don’t want unemployment hanging over my head | 我不想总挂念着工作的事 |
[05:10] | and we could use another paycheck. | 我们也需要另一份薪水 |
[05:12] | And, uh besides, this is your office now. | 何况 现在这是你的办公室 |
[05:17] | I don’t want to be a distraction. | 我不想让你分心 |
[05:18] | – But you’re not a distraction. – That’s right. | -但你不会让我分心 -没错 |
[05:20] | ‘Cause I’m gonna be out there finding me a job. | 所以我要去外面找工作 |
[05:23] | – Wish me luck! – Good luck. | -祝我好运吧 -祝你好运 |
[05:25] | Oh, Thai or Mexican? | 泰国菜还是墨西哥菜 |
[05:29] | I’m gonna pick up dinner on the way back. | 我回来的时候顺便带晚餐 |
[05:31] | Uh, either. Your choice. | 都行 你选吧 |
[05:33] | And what a choice it shall be. | 那我真得好好选 |
[05:36] | Yeah. Okay, Jimmy, wait. | 好吧 吉米 等等 |
[05:37] | Are you — | 你是不是 |
[05:38] | You’re not going to that meeting? | 你不去跟他们见面了 |
[05:40] | Nah. | 不去了 |
[05:41] | If there’s anything important, Howard knows how to find me. | 要是有重要的事 霍华德知道联系我 |
[06:39] | It’s just me. | 我一个人 |
[06:59] | Papa. | 爸爸 |
[07:01] | It’s over. | 都结束了 |
[07:47] | You can keep that. | 你留着吧 |
[07:51] | No one’s coming for it. | 没人会来取的 |
[08:27] | Mijo. | 孩子 |
[08:31] | And when is it over for you? | 那你什么时候才是个头呢 |
[08:36] | I’m working on it. | 我想办法 |
[09:25] | You see there — that’s Alma. | 你看 那是阿尔玛 |
[09:26] | And on the left is Ollie, Mr. Neff’s aunt and uncle. | 左边是奥利 奈夫先生的姨妈和姨夫 |
[09:29] | They started this company almost 50 years ago. | 他们创立这家公司快五十年了 |
[09:33] | – Look at that. – Yeah. | -真厉害 -是啊 |
[09:35] | And we think that other fellow is Frank Corker | 另一个人是弗兰克·寇克 |
[09:37] | one of the early repairmen. | 早期的维修工人之一 |
[09:39] | Oh, they must have relied on him a lot. | 他们肯定很依赖他 |
[09:40] | That’s a Thermo-Fax. | 那是热敏传真机 |
[09:42] | Needed a specially coated paper | 需要用有特殊涂层的纸 |
[09:43] | to get an image off one of those babies. | 才能印出成品 |
[09:45] | You know your stuff. | 你很了解嘛 |
[09:47] | Ah, I worked in a mail room | 我曾经在收发室工作过 |
[09:48] | so I talked to a lot of repairmen — a lot. | 经常跟维修工人打交道 |
[09:51] | They love talking shop. | 他们喜欢谈本行 |
[09:53] | Yes. They are a lonely bunch for sure. | 是啊 真是一群孤独的人 |
[09:56] | Uh, this one was a real big seller for Neff | 这款特别畅销 |
[10:00] | really put us on the map. | 让我们出名了 |
[10:01] | – That’s the 6500 color copier. – Yeah. | -那是6500彩机 -是啊 |
[10:03] | That’s a war-horse. | 这款可牛了 |
[10:04] | I mean, did you ever see the guts of this beast? | 你见识过它有多牛吗 |
[10:06] | It takes 15 seconds to get a printout. | 打印一张只需要十五秒 |
[10:08] | I worked with one back in Chicago. | 我以前在芝加哥的时候用过 |
[10:10] | That machine was almost too good. | 这款机器太过好用 |
[10:12] | Counterfeiters used it to make phony $5 bills. | 以至于造假钞的都用它来印五美元假钞 |
[10:15] | What? | 什么 |
[10:16] | – Yeah. – That’s — That’s not right. | -是啊 -这可不对 |
[10:19] | – No. – Oh, oh, look it here. | -是啊 -瞧瞧这里 |
[10:21] | You got a lot of hardware over here. | 你这里有不少摆设嘛 |
[10:23] | Yes. | 没错 |
[10:24] | Mr. Neff loves sponsoring the kids. | 奈夫先生热衷于资助孩子 |
[10:26] | Bowling. That’s fun. | 打保龄球 有趣 |
[10:28] | We had a pretty good run in the ’90s | 九十年代我们做得很好 |
[10:30] | but, uh, we don’t find kids much interested anymore. | 但孩子们似乎不再感兴趣了 |
[10:33] | Yeah. This generation is all hackey sack and video games. | 是啊 这一代就认沙包和电子游戏 |
[10:37] | Ain’t that the truth. | 谁说不是呢 |
[10:41] | Hummels. | 赫梅尔陶俑 |
[10:42] | Yes. Those were Alma’s. | 对 那些是阿尔玛的 |
[10:44] | She loved collecting the little things, God rest her soul. | 她喜欢收集小玩意 愿上帝让她安息 |
[10:48] | Yeah. I knew a lady — same way. | 我认识一位女士 她也一样 |
[10:51] | Ah, touring the wall of crap, I see. | 在参观摆满废物的墙呢 |
[10:54] | I need to drag that stuff to the dumpster | 我得把它们都丢进垃圾堆 |
[10:56] | just haven’t had a chance to motivate myself. | 只不过还没有动力执行 |
[10:58] | Mr. Neff, this is James McGill. | 奈夫先生 这位是詹姆斯·麦吉尔 |
[11:00] | Oh, just “Jimmy” is fine. | 叫我吉米就好 |
[11:01] | Jimmy, pleasure. Come on down. | 吉米 很高兴见到你 快过来 |
[11:03] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[11:05] | Guessing Henry filled you in on what we’re looking for. | 亨利给你讲了我们在找什么样的人吧 |
[11:07] | Oh, he did, indeed — um | 他告诉我了 |
[11:09] | office-to-office salesman | 挨个办公室串的推销员 |
[11:11] | willing to have multiple doors slammed in my face | 能接受吃无数的闭门羹 |
[11:14] | with one mission — | 只有一个任务 |
[11:15] | upgrade, upgrade, upgrade their old copiers | 把他们的旧复印机升级 升级 升级成 |
[11:18] | to your top-of-the-line new ones. | 你们的最新款 |
[11:20] | Well, you think you have the chops? | 你觉得自己有这个本事吗 |
[11:22] | It’s a lot harder than it sounds. | 说得容易做起来可难多了 |
[11:24] | Well, I’d sure love a crack at it. | 我很愿意尝试一下 |
[11:26] | I’ve been told stubbornness and persuasiveness | 人们都说 顽强 有说服力 |
[11:27] | are two of my top qualities. | 是我最突出的两个特点 |
[11:30] | I have to say, Jimmy does know his way around a copier. | 我得说 吉米很了解复印机 |
[11:32] | No kidding. | 是吗 |
[11:34] | Well… | 那么 |
[11:41] | Says here you were a lawyer… | 这上面写你之前是律师 |
[11:45] | up until not that long ago. | 直到不久之前 |
[11:49] | What changed? | 出什么事了 |
[11:51] | Well, you know why God made snakes before he made lawyers? | 你知道为什么上帝在造出律师前先创造毒蛇吗 |
[11:56] | He needed the practice. | 他需要练习 |
[11:58] | – “Needed the practice.” – Yeah. | -“需要练习” -对 |
[12:00] | Right? | 没错吧 |
[12:01] | And that’s pretty much the only lawyer joke I know | 这也算是我知道的唯一一个律师的笑话 |
[12:03] | ’cause all the others are true stories. | 因为剩下的都是真事 |
[12:05] | Look, I know you’re looking for somebody with sales experience | 我知道你们想找的是有销售经验的人选 |
[12:08] | and I don’t have any | 我确实没有 |
[12:10] | except — except being a lawyer. | 除了我的律师经验 |
[12:15] | Look, being a lawyer, my job was sales. | 律师的工作就是销售 |
[12:18] | I was selling to judges. I was selling to juries. | 我要向法官推销 向陪审团推销 |
[12:19] | Sometimes I was selling to clients | 有时候 我还得向当事人推销 |
[12:21] | to take the best deal from a series of bad options | 说服他们接受最划算的协议 放弃坏的选择 |
[12:23] | but every hour of every day, I was convincing, persuading. | 但每一天的每一刻 我都在劝说 说服 |
[12:28] | I was selling. | 都在推销 |
[12:31] | I hear what you’re saying. | 我明白你的意思了 |
[12:33] | You know, we have a lot of high-ticket items | 我们有很多高价的产品 |
[12:34] | and a clientele primed to say “No.” | 顾客倾向于拒绝 |
[12:37] | Well, my spirit animal is a Gila monster. | 我的灵魂动物是毒蜥 |
[12:39] | Once I latch on, I don’t let go. | 一旦抓住猎物 我就不会放手 |
[12:43] | I like it. I like it. | 我喜欢 我喜欢 |
[12:46] | Well, you make a lot of excellent points, Jimmy. | 你说得很有道理 吉米 |
[12:49] | I can see why Henry wanted me to meet you. | 我明白为什么亨利想让我见你了 |
[12:51] | Well, thank you for coming down. | 谢谢你过来 |
[12:52] | Yeah, absolutely. Anytime. | 没问题 不客气 |
[12:54] | Yeah. We’re gonna put our heads together | 我们要商量一下 |
[12:55] | have a decision in, say, about a week or so. | 大概一周左右出结果 |
[12:57] | – Great. – We’ll let you know then. | -太好了 -到时候通知你 |
[12:58] | – Thank you very much. – You bet. | -谢谢你们 -不客气 |
[12:59] | Great. | 太好了 |
[13:27] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[13:28] | I’m sorry. Could I just have another minute? | 抱歉 我能再耽误你们一会吗 |
[13:30] | Uh, I’ll be real quick. | 我很快说完 |
[13:32] | Uh, yeah, sure, Jimmy. | 当然 吉米 |
[13:33] | Uh, what’s on your mind? | 你有什么想法 |
[13:36] | Look, I know you were | 听着 我知道 |
[13:37] | gonna take some time and consider your options | 你们要花点时间考虑人选 |
[13:39] | but maybe we can settle this right now. | 但能不能现在就决定 |
[13:42] | There’s a thing that we all know called opportunity cost. | 我们都知道有个说法叫机会成本 |
[13:45] | The time you spend looking for someone | 你们寻找合适人选的时间 |
[13:47] | is time I could be out there working for you. | 就是我可以为你们工作的时间 |
[13:48] | And, sure, there are salesmen out there | 当然 外面有不少比我 |
[13:50] | with way more experience than me. | 经验丰富的推销员 |
[13:53] | But what are the chances one of them’s gonna come | 但他们当中有多少人 |
[13:55] | walking through that door in the next week? | 能在接下来一星期过来应聘呢 |
[13:57] | And is it worth the wait? | 他们又值得等这么久吗 |
[13:59] | Maybe. Maybe. | 也许值得 也许 |
[14:01] | But I can tell you this. | 但我可以说 |
[14:04] | None of them will have the connection | 他们当中没人比我 |
[14:06] | to your machines that I do — none. | 更熟悉你们的产品 没人 |
[14:09] | I worked in the mail room. | 我过去在收发室工作 |
[14:10] | I know how important the copy machine is. | 我知道复印机的重要性 |
[14:12] | Deadlines, last-minute changes, and I was in there. | 最后期限 紧急变化 我都在场 |
[14:15] | I was clearing paper jams. | 我在清理卡纸 |
[14:17] | I was cleaning ink off gears and rollers | 我在清理轮轴上的墨渍 |
[14:20] | trying to figure out where the mystery streaks were coming from. | 想要弄清楚纸上出现的竖线是哪来的 |
[14:24] | I was down on my hands and knees | 我卑躬屈膝 |
[14:25] | with my tie over my shoulder and ink-stained hands | 领带错位 双手沾满墨水 |
[14:29] | and a line of assistants out the door | 一排助理等在门外 |
[14:30] | and they’re all worried that they’re gonna lose their job | 他们都在担心会丢掉工作 |
[14:33] | if they don’t get their document in the next five minutes. | 如果他们不能在五分钟内拿到文件 |
[14:36] | I know — I know better than anyone that the copier — | 我了解 我比任何人都了解复印机 |
[14:40] | it’s the beating heart of any business. | 是任何商业的核心所在 |
[14:43] | It goes down, it causes delays. | 复印机故障 会造成延迟 |
[14:45] | That is lost money. | 会造成损失 |
[14:47] | That is frustrated employees. | 会导致员工不满 |
[14:48] | That’s a negative work environment. | 会影响办公环境 |
[14:50] | That’s a business on life support. | 商业活动就会半死不活 |
[14:52] | But you plug one of your new machines into the system | 但一旦用上你们全新的机器 |
[14:57] | that is a healthy, strong heartbeat. | 就会带来良性且强壮的心跳 |
[15:00] | Ca-chunk, ca-chunk, ca-chunk. | 咣当 咣当 咣当 |
[15:03] | That is a healthy business. | 这是良性的商业 |
[15:05] | Ca-chunk, ca-chunk, ca-chunk. | 咣当 咣当 咣当 |
[15:06] | That is a successful business! | 这是成功的商业 |
[15:09] | And that’s what we’re selling. | 这才是我们要推销的 |
[15:13] | Um, just…a minute. | 等一会儿 |
[15:26] | I don’t need to… | 我不需要… |
[15:27] | I mean, it’s kind of exciting. | 还挺让人激动的 |
[15:29] | I mean, it was great, and I think the passion | 很棒 而且这位先生 |
[15:32] | that this gentleman has — | 所怀有的激情… |
[15:34] | Can you imagine sending that guy out? | 你想象一下派他出去的效果 |
[15:35] | Yeah. Come on. | 对 来 |
[15:37] | Jimmy, welcome to the team. | 吉米 欢迎加入团队 |
[15:41] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:41] | – Damn right! – Congrats. | -没错 -恭喜 |
[15:43] | We’ll get you set up with Audrey in H.R. | 我们让人事部的奥德丽帮你办入职 |
[15:45] | fill out your paperwork | 填好文件 |
[15:46] | and hopefully you’ll be all set by the end of the day. | 希望今天你就都准备好了 |
[15:49] | So, just like that, huh? | 这样就行了吗 |
[15:51] | Yep. Why wait when we could get you rolling? | 是的 能让你开工了还等什么 |
[15:53] | You were gonna take some time, though | 可你们本来打算花点时间 |
[15:54] | and, uh, consider your options, but, uh… | 再考虑一下 |
[15:57] | I just come in and did that little song and dance | 结果我进来慷慨陈词一番 |
[15:59] | and I’m in? | 就得到了职位 |
[16:02] | Yeah. Right. That’s right. | 是啊 就是这样 |
[16:06] | W– Are you out of your mind? | 你们疯了吗 |
[16:10] | You don’t know me. | 你们根本不认识我 |
[16:12] | I just came in off the street. | 我刚从街上走进来的 |
[16:14] | You guys are like a couple of cats. | 你们俩就像两只猫 |
[16:16] | I come in and wave a shiny object around | 我进来挥舞一个闪闪的东西 |
[16:18] | you’re like, “I want that!” | 你们就激动地大喊想要 |
[16:20] | No due diligence? | 没有尽职调查 |
[16:22] | No background check? | 也没有背景调查 |
[16:24] | No. Just hire the guy that says them fancy words? | 都没有 直接雇用一个会说漂亮话的人 |
[16:27] | I could be a serial killer! | 我说不定是连环杀手呢 |
[16:29] | I could be a guy who pees in your coffee pot! | 我说不定会在你们的咖啡壶里尿尿 |
[16:31] | I could be both! | 没准这两种人我都是 |
[16:34] | So, you’re not taking the job? | 这么说你不接受这份工作 |
[16:36] | No, I’m not taking the job. | 不 我不接受 |
[16:38] | Suckers. | 蠢货 |
[16:41] | I feel sorry for you. | 我真可怜你们 |
[17:26] | Hello. Um, I’m wondering — | 喂 请问一下 |
[17:28] | are you still interviewing for the sales associate position? | 你们还在招聘销售助理吗 |
[17:32] | Great. I could be there in, um, 20 minutes. | 太好了 我二十分钟内能赶到 |
[17:38] | James McGill. | 吉米·麦吉尔 |
[17:40] | Ellen. Okay. Wonderful. | 艾伦 好的 太好了 |
[17:42] | Well, thank you, Ellen. Uh, I’ll see you soon. | 谢谢你 艾伦 待会见 |
[18:07] | Pop-Pop! Look how high I can go! | 爷爷 看我荡得多高 |
[18:10] | Yeah, that’s good. | 很厉害 |
[18:13] | You be careful. | 小心点 |
[18:25] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[18:27] | This is he. | 我就是 |
[18:32] | Meet at what time? | 几点见面 |
[18:37] | Yeah. I can be there. | 行 我能赶到 |
[18:39] | You let her know. | 你通知她 |
[18:42] | Yeah. | 好 |
[18:45] | All right, baby, time to get you back to your mama. | 好了 宝贝 该送你回妈妈那了 |
[18:48] | Five more minutes? | 再玩五分钟行吗 |
[18:50] | Oh, honey, come on. | 宝贝 别这样 |
[18:51] | Please? | 拜托啦 |
[18:54] | Five minutes. | 五分钟 |
[18:56] | You’re on the clock. | 我在计时 |
[18:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:27] | Good afternoon. | 午安 |
[19:28] | Yeah. Madrigal Electromotive? | 你好 我找牧歌电气 |
[19:31] | Straight down the hall, the Sandia Room on your left. | 沿着走廊直走 左手边的会议室就是 |
[19:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:48] | Oh, good. Take a seat. | 很好 请坐 |
[20:14] | You didn’t come all this way just for me. | 你大老远跑来 不只是为了我 |
[20:16] | I frequently travel to conference with distributors. | 我经常出差和经销商开会 |
[20:19] | Albuquerque’s one of many stops. | 阿尔布开克只是其中一站 |
[20:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:28] | I’m just looking for an explanation. | 我就是想听听你的解释 |
[20:33] | You steal an employee’s badge | 你偷了一名员工的证件 |
[20:36] | waltz through my warehouse, interfere with operations | 轻而易举进入我的仓库 干扰业务 |
[20:38] | and strong-arm my facility manager. | 还威胁我的厂务经理 |
[20:41] | Why? | 为什么 |
[20:43] | I’m on your books as a security consultant. | 我是你雇的安全顾问 |
[20:46] | If I show my face in your warehouse | 我出现在你的仓库 |
[20:48] | it makes for a better cover story. | 能让这身份更可信 |
[20:50] | Anyone ever asks if I was there, I was. | 如果有人问起我是否在场 我的确在 |
[20:54] | Plus, you had a few things that needed correcting | 再说 你有些问题需要改正 |
[20:56] | so consider it a bonus. | 就当做是我的额外服务 |
[20:58] | That’s not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[20:59] | This is meant to be a paper transaction. | 这本应只是纸上交易 |
[21:02] | You sit at home, and we pay you…your own money. | 你坐在家里 我们付你…你自己的钱 |
[21:07] | Doing what you did the way you did it | 你用你的方式办事 |
[21:09] | raises the threat of exposure. | 会增加暴露的风险 |
[21:12] | The way I see it, it lowers the threat. | 我觉得是降低了风险 |
[21:15] | Like I said, now there’s a face to the name | 正如我所说的 现在我的脸 |
[21:17] | that cashes the check. | 和拿工资的名字对上号了 |
[21:22] | So…what’s your plan then? | 那你的计划是什么 |
[21:28] | Madrigal has eight terminals in the southwest. | 牧歌在西南有八个站点 |
[21:31] | One down, seven to go. | 我去过一个了 还剩七个 |
[21:36] | And if I asked you to reconsider… | 如果我希望你重新考虑 |
[21:40] | I’d ask you to do the same. | 那我也希望你重新考虑 |
[22:01] | At the moment, you have Gus Fring’s respect. | 现在 古斯·弗林对你还算尊重 |
[22:05] | I’d want to keep that if I were you. | 如果是我 我会好好珍惜这份尊重 |
[22:42] | Hello. Hi. | 你好 |
[22:44] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰 |
[22:45] | Dr. Diseth, this is Dr. Maureen Bruckner | 迪赛斯医生 这位是莫林·布莱克纳医生 |
[22:48] | just arrived this morning. | 今早刚到医院 |
[22:50] | Nice to meet you. Hello. | 很高兴见到你 你好 |
[22:51] | Dr. Bruckner. | 布莱克纳医生 |
[22:52] | Dr. Bruckner is visiting from Johns Hopkins | 布莱克纳医生是约翰·霍普金斯来的访问学者 |
[22:55] | and we’re asking her to take the lead | 我们邀请她作为住院部 |
[22:57] | with some of the more severe cases in the ward | 几个重病患者的主治医师 |
[22:59] | including Mr. Salamanca. | 包括塞拉曼加先生 |
[23:01] | – Johns Hopkins? – Yes. | -约翰·霍普金斯 -是的 |
[23:03] | A generous grant came through | 拨款终于到位了 |
[23:05] | which allowed Dr. Bruckner to lend us her expertise. | 让我们能请来布莱克纳医生指导工作 |
[23:07] | Only temporarily. | 只是暂时的 |
[23:09] | I’m not here to step on any toes. | 我不会妨碍到各位的 |
[23:14] | Okay, I — Well, our staff can help with the database | 好的 你要调用病人档案时 |
[23:17] | whenever you’re ready to pull records | 这里的员工会随时帮您处理的 |
[23:18] | but I’m available anytime if you have any questions. | 如果你有任何疑问我也随时乐意帮忙 |
[23:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[23:23] | Again, I-I don’t want to step on toes. | 再澄清一下 我不想妨碍你 |
[23:25] | We can co-manage care, if you like. We — | 我们可以一起照看这位病人 如果你愿意的话 |
[23:27] | No. No. Uh, he’s all yours. | 不 不 他都交给你了 |
[23:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:31] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[23:35] | Okay, um, well, I will let you get to it then. | 好吧 那病人就交给你了 |
[23:39] | Let us know if there’s anything you need, anything at all. | 有任何需要都请告诉我们 |
[23:42] | Absolutely. | 好的 |
[23:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[23:45] | Are you the family? | 你们是家属吗 |
[23:49] | Are you the family? | 你们是家属吗 |
[23:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:56] | Sons. | 是儿子吗 |
[23:58] | He’s our uncle. | 他是我们的叔叔 |
[24:00] | I want to let you know… | 希望你们知道 |
[24:02] | …that your uncle has been getting excellent care here at Lovelace. | 你们的叔叔在拉芙蕾丝医院已得到最好的照顾 |
[24:06] | But we’re going to try something a little different. | 但我们要试试新的治疗方法 |
[24:08] | Look | 听着 |
[24:09] | when parts of the brain are damaged by a stroke… | 由于中风而引起脑损伤时 |
[24:12] | …those parts, they cannot be repaired. | 损伤的部位是不可修复的 |
[24:15] | Our job is to stimulate your uncle’s brain… | 我们的任务就是刺激你们叔叔的大脑 |
[24:19] | …and teach it to rewire itself. | 让大脑进行自我修复 |
[24:22] | We are going to start here with the legs. | 我们准备从双腿开始 |
[24:28] | When did they get here? | 他们什么时候来的 |
[24:33] | Don’t worry. We’re still running things. | 别担心 情况还在我们掌控之中 |
[24:41] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[24:42] | Are you family as well? | 你们也是家属吗 |
[24:44] | Friends of the family. | 他们家的朋友 |
[24:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:47] | As I was saying… | 像我刚才所说的 |
[24:49] | …I’ll return later with an occupational therapist… | 我稍后会带一名职业理疗师来 |
[24:52] | to begin some electrical stimulus. | 开始对病患进行电流刺激 |
[24:54] | In the meantime | 这个时候 |
[24:55] | I’d ask that you speak to Hector. | 我希望你们跟赫克托讲话 |
[24:58] | Chances are, on some level | 有可能 |
[25:01] | he can hear you. | 他能听见你们 |
[25:02] | The more you speak, the more his brain will work to respond… | 你们说得越多 大脑做出回应的几率就越大 |
[25:07] | …and find pathways to connect. | 神经重新连接的机会也越大 |
[25:10] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[25:12] | Good. | 很好 |
[25:12] | We’ll do everything we can to help your uncle. | 我们会尽力帮助你们的叔叔 |
[25:15] | Nice to meet you all. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[25:30] | Speak. | 说话 |
[25:55] | Don Hector… | 赫克托 |
[25:58] | Everything is good out on the street. | 街上情况都很好 |
[26:05] | All our men are keeping busy. | 我们的人都在忙 |
[26:10] | Real busy. | 忙得不得了 |
[26:13] | That’s right, Don Hector. | 没错 赫克托 |
[26:15] | We’re staying on top of the count. | 现在我们的规模是最大的 |
[26:18] | It’s all looking good. | 一切都很好 |
[26:24] | We had a problem with that shit gang over on Lomas, but… | 我们跟洛马斯那边的小帮派起了点冲突 |
[26:28] | …we showed some muscle. | 不过我们已经教训了他们 |
[26:31] | Took care of it. | 把事情都料理好了 |
[26:33] | No one wants to mess with the Salamancas. | 没人想惹塞拉曼加的 |
[26:37] | No one. | 没有人敢 |
[27:03] | You look good, Don Hector. | 您看起来不错 赫克托先生 |
[27:06] | Real good. | 真的很好 |
[27:08] | The doctors, they’re gonna fix you up. | 那些医生会把你治好的 |
[27:18] | Yes. | 没错 |
[27:21] | You’re gonna get past this… | 你一定能挺过这关的 |
[27:25] | and get stronger | 然后变得更强 |
[28:00] | Yes? | 喂 |
[28:01] | It’s me. Can we meet? | 是我 我们能见一面吗 |
[28:03] | – Now is not a good time. – I’m in town. | -现在不行 -我就在城里 |
[28:05] | I can easily meet wherever’s convenient. | 你想在哪里见面都可以 |
[28:08] | Assume this is a secure line. | 电话没有被监听 说吧 |
[28:12] | I spoke with your… security contractor. | 我跟你的安全服务承包商谈过了 |
[28:15] | I explained the situation again | 我又解释了一遍情况 |
[28:18] | but he’s going to keep doing what he’s doing. | 但他还是一意孤行 |
[28:21] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[28:23] | But…what he’s doing makes no sense. | 但是 他根本就是在胡闹 |
[28:27] | Do his reasons matter? | 理由很重要吗 |
[28:28] | They do if he’s unreliable. | 如果这个人不可靠 那理由当然重要 |
[28:30] | He is reliable. | 他很可靠 |
[28:32] | So I’m just supposed to let him | 所以我应该继续让他 |
[28:34] | keep stealing my employees’ badges? | 偷我员工的证件了 |
[28:36] | I don’t know where he’s gonna turn up next | 我不知道他下次会在哪里出现 |
[28:38] | what disruption he’s going to cause | 又会引起什么样的混乱 |
[28:39] | what mess I’m gonna have to clean up. | 还有我要去收拾什么样的烂摊子 |
[28:42] | This isn’t something I want to spend my time worrying about. | 我不想在这些事上费心了 |
[28:44] | Then I suggest you give the man a badge. | 那我建议你直接给他一个证件 |
[28:53] | Varga and Salamanca’s man — Colón — | 瓦尔加和塞拉曼加的人 科隆 |
[28:55] | they came by in the afternoon. | 他们下午来过了 |
[28:57] | Nephews were in his room all day. | 侄子们一整天都在他的病房里 |
[28:58] | Bruckner saw him three times | 布莱克纳看了他三次 |
[29:00] | couple of specialists with her. | 她身边有几个专家 |
[29:01] | They took him for a brain scan. | 他们带他做了一个脑部扫描 |
[29:04] | And? | 然后呢 |
[29:07] | That’s everything. No change. | 就这些了 没别的了 |
[29:51] | You want me back at the hospital? | 你想让我回医院吗 |
[29:58] | No. | 不用了 |
[30:02] | Call Victor. | 打给维克多 |
[30:04] | Have him meet us. | 让他来见我们 |
[31:06] | Just a few more. | 只剩最后一些文件了 |
[31:08] | I know Chuck was thorough | 我知道查克做事很周密 |
[31:10] | but even I didn’t think | 但连我都没想到 |
[31:11] | there was gonna be this much paperwork. | 会有这么多的文件要处理 |
[31:13] | Having worked with him as long as I did | 我跟他一起工作了这么长时间 |
[31:16] | I was actually pleasantly surprised by his restraint. | 看到他这么克制 我挺惊讶也挺高兴的 |
[31:20] | This is the agreement | 这一份是 |
[31:21] | – for the transfer of property, as discussed. – Mm-hmm. | -事先讨论过的财产移交协议 -没错 |
[31:23] | If you can initial here… | 请在这里签名 |
[31:26] | and right down here. | 还有这里 |
[31:29] | Am I late? | 我迟到了吗 |
[31:30] | Kim. No. Right on time. | 没有 金 你来得正好 |
[31:33] | We were just finishing up Rebecca’s side of things. | 丽贝卡这边的事情快结束了 |
[31:36] | Hi, Rebecca. | 你好 丽贝卡 |
[31:37] | It’s nice to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[31:40] | I’m sorry we didn’t get a chance to talk more at the service. | 抱歉在葬礼上我们没机会多聊聊 |
[31:43] | Oh, well, I don’t think anyone felt much like talking. | 没事 当时大家都没有心情闲聊 |
[31:47] | Jimmy’s not coming. | 所以吉米不来了 |
[31:48] | I’m here on his behalf. | 我代他来这里 |
[31:50] | And that should do it. | 那这样就差不多了 |
[31:52] | I apologize for bringing us together so soon | 很抱歉这么快就把大家叫过来 |
[31:54] | after Chuck’s service. | 毕竟查克的葬礼才没过多久 |
[31:56] | Um, it’s really my fault. | 其实应该怪我 |
[31:58] | Howard’s being polite. | 霍华德是客气才这么说的 |
[32:00] | Thank you, Julie. | 谢谢你 朱莉 |
[32:03] | In any event we thought since Rebecca was still in town | 不管怎样 既然丽贝卡刚好在城里 |
[32:07] | better to talk through the estate in person. | 那最好当面谈一下遗产问题 |
[32:10] | Sure. | 当然 |
[32:11] | Chuck left the house to Rebecca | 查克把房子留给了丽贝卡 |
[32:13] | and, as executor, I’ll be liquidating the property. | 并且作为遗嘱执行人 我会清算财产 |
[32:16] | Uh, Howard suggested — and of course I agree — | 霍华德建议 当然我也同意了 |
[32:18] | that it would be the right thing | 我们应该 |
[32:20] | for Jimmy to go through whatever survived | 让吉米看一看保存下来的东西 |
[32:22] | and take whatever he wants — | 然后把他想要的拿走 |
[32:24] | I mean, anything with sentimental value. | 如果他对某些东西有感情的话 |
[32:26] | We can set up a time. | 我们可以约个时间 |
[32:27] | The estate can provide a truck and storage | 还可以提供卡车和仓库 |
[32:29] | for anything he chooses to keep. | 来保留他选择留下的东西 |
[32:31] | That’s okay. | 没问题 |
[32:32] | Jimmy doesn’t want any of it. | 吉米一点东西也不想要 |
[32:34] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[32:35] | I-I think the garage is pretty intact | 车库应该是完好无损的 |
[32:38] | uh, except for some water damage. | 除了有些水管的损坏 |
[32:38] | He doesn’t want it. Thank you. | 他不想要 谢谢 |
[32:44] | Okay. I understand. | 好的 我理解 |
[32:47] | Well, then, as far as Jimmy’s concerned | 那么 吉米的话 |
[32:51] | all that’s left is for him to sign this agreement letter. | 剩下的就是让他在协议上签字 |
[32:54] | Once that’s done, we can disperse | 签完协议后 我们就可以给他 |
[32:56] | his share of the estate. | 他的遗产份额了 |
[32:59] | Let me guess. $4,000? | 我猜猜 四千块 |
[33:03] | $5,000. | 五千块 |
[33:06] | It’s what you give when you want to cut someone out of a will | 你这是想把他从遗嘱中排除出去 |
[33:09] | but not have it contested | 又不想招来抗议 |
[33:10] | just enough money to show the recipient wasn’t forgotten. | 正好足够的钱来表示收款人没有被忘记 |
[33:14] | Chuck also left a substantial endowment | 查克也为一个有为青年奖学金 |
[33:16] | for a scholarship for deserving youth. | 捐赠了一笔巨款 |
[33:19] | I was hoping Jimmy would agree to serve on the board. | 我希望吉米能够同意在董事会任职 |
[33:24] | I’ll let him know. | 我会让他知道的 |
[33:26] | What else? | 还有什么事吗 |
[33:28] | Well…Chuck left Jimmy a personal letter. | 查克给吉米留下了一封私人信件 |
[33:34] | His eyes only. | 只能他看 |
[33:45] | Howard, thank you for everything that you’ve done. | 霍华德 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[33:48] | I know it’s been difficult. | 我知道这很困难 |
[33:50] | It’s hard on all of us. | 这对我们所有人都很难 |
[33:53] | Well, I don’t want to keep you. | 我不想耽误你们 |
[33:55] | Let me walk you out. | 让我送你们出去 |
[33:56] | Actually, Howard, we have a few more things to discuss. | 事实上 霍华德 我们还有事要讨论 |
[34:01] | Uh, Kim, please give Jimmy my best. | 金 请代我向吉米问好 |
[34:06] | I will. | 我会的 |
[34:08] | It was very nice seeing you, Rebecca. | 见到你真好 丽贝卡 |
[34:10] | You too. | 我也是 |
[34:14] | Safe travels. | 注意安全 |
[34:21] | Kim. | 金 |
[34:22] | I just, uh… | 我只是 |
[34:26] | I just…had to know. | 我必须知道 |
[34:32] | What were you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[34:34] | About? | 关于什么 |
[34:36] | What were you thinking when you came to Jimmy | 你在他哥哥葬礼那天去见吉米 |
[34:38] | on the day of his brother’s funeral | 然后和他说的那些胡话 |
[34:39] | and laid that shit on him? | 你到底在想什么 |
[34:42] | That Chuck killed himself? | 说查克自杀了 |
[34:45] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么了 |
[34:48] | I-I thought… | 我想 |
[34:53] | I thought I owed it to Jimmy to tell him. | 我欠吉米一个真相 |
[34:56] | Owed it to him? | 欠他一个真相 |
[34:58] | Did you owe it to Rebecca? | 你欠丽贝卡吗 |
[35:01] | You tell her your theory? | 你会告诉她你的推测吗 |
[35:03] | That Chuck intentionally set himself on fire? | 查克故意放火自杀了 |
[35:10] | I guess not. | 我想并不是 |
[35:11] | I guess you just saved that one for Jimmy. | 你就只把那套理论说给吉米听了 |
[35:14] | Kim, I didn’t do it to hurt Jimmy. | 金 我这么做不是为了伤害吉米 |
[35:16] | No. You did it to make yourself feel better. | 不 你这么做是为了让自己好过 |
[35:18] | That – that’s not what I was trying to do. | 那 那不是我本意 |
[35:19] | To make yourself feel better by unloading your guilt. | 卸下心中的罪过 让自己好过 |
[35:23] | Who cares what it does to Jimmy, right | 谁在乎这对吉米意味着什么 对吗 |
[35:24] | as long as Howard Hamlin is okay? | 只要霍华德·哈姆林还好 |
[35:26] | Kim, I-I don’t think that’s fair. | 金 你这么说不公平 |
[35:28] | Fair?! | 公平 |
[35:29] | Let’s talk about fair. | 那我们就来谈谈公平 |
[35:31] | Hey, let’s let Jimmy dig around the fire-damaged wreck | 让吉米在他哥哥尖叫着死去的火灾残骸里 |
[35:36] | where his brother died screaming! | 翻翻找找 |
[35:38] | And then let’s let him pick up a keepsake or two. | 最后让他捡一两个纪念品 |
[35:40] | That is so, so fair! | 那真是太 太公平了 |
[35:43] | And did I hear you right? | 我没听错吧 |
[35:44] | You want him to serve on the board of a scholarship committee? | 你想让他在一个奖学金的董事会任职 |
[35:48] | A scholarship that Chuck never | 一个查克说什么 |
[35:49] | in a million years would have given to Jimmy. | 也不会给吉米的奖学金 |
[35:52] | Never! | 绝对不会 |
[35:53] | It is just — I mean — | 这简直太 |
[35:54] | Oh, what’s this, too, huh, Howard? | 这又是什么 霍华德 |
[35:56] | What’s in this? | 这里面写的啥破玩意儿 |
[35:57] | One last, “Screw you, little brother,” from beyond the grave? | 人都死了还得留一句”去你的 弟弟” |
[36:00] | Am I really supposed to do this to him?! | 我怎么可能给他这东西 |
[36:03] | All right, Kim. | 好了 金 |
[36:06] | What can I do to make it better? | 有什么补救措施吗 |
[36:11] | Nothing. | 什么都不能 |
[36:14] | There is nothing you can do. | 你无能为力 |
[36:17] | Just stay away. | 离我们远点就行 |
[36:45] | I hope you’re hungry. I bought way too much food. | 希望你饿了 我买了好多吃的 |
[36:48] | Uh, yeah, I can always eat. | 当然了 我来者不拒 |
[36:50] | Counter or couch? | 吧台还是沙发 |
[36:52] | Uh, couch is good. | 沙发吧 |
[36:54] | Couch it is. | 那就去沙发吃 |
[36:55] | If I remember correctly, in, uh, five minutes | 如果我没记错的话 五分钟之后 |
[36:58] | one of the classic-movie channels is showing | 有个经典电影频道就要播 |
[37:01] | uh, “White Heat” without interruption. | 《歼匪喋血战》了 不插播广告 |
[37:03] | The other is showing “Jaws 3” with commercials | 另一个则会播《大白鲨3》 但有广告 |
[37:06] | so a real Sophie’s choice. | 这真让人难以抉择 |
[37:09] | It is “Jaws 3-D,” to be exact. | 确切地说 是《大白鲨3-D》 |
[37:14] | But Cagney wins this one. | 还是看《歼匪喋血战》吧 |
[37:16] | All right. Hey, I got us, uh, Thai iced teas | 好吧 我买了泰式冰茶 |
[37:19] | unless you want me to pour you something a little less non-alcoholic. | 你想来点酒也行 |
[37:23] | No. I’m good with that. | 不用 冰茶就好 |
[37:25] | So, how was the job search? | 工作找得怎么样了 |
[37:28] | Pretty good. I, uh, got a couple leads. | 还不错 找到好几个工作机会 |
[37:32] | Actually, I got an offer. | 实际上 已经有一家要我了 |
[37:34] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[37:36] | But, uh, it didn’t feel quite right. | 但是 感觉不太对 |
[37:40] | It was, uh — It just wasn’t a perfect fit. | 感觉 不太适合我 |
[37:44] | But I think I might get a call back | 但也许会有一两家别的公司 |
[37:46] | on one or two of the others. | 给我回电话的 |
[37:49] | Wow. This was a pretty good first day. | 真是开门红啊 |
[37:52] | You know, somebody’s gonna be lucky to get you. | 谁能请到你 是谁的荣幸 |
[37:57] | And how was your day? | 你今天怎么样 |
[37:59] | I just mostly stayed here. | 基本都待在这里了 |
[38:02] | Trying to get organized. | 整理资料 |
[38:03] | No pressure from Paige and Kevin | 虽然佩奇和凯文并没有给我压力 |
[38:05] | but I got to get back on the horse, right? | 但我也得赶快复工 对吧 |
[38:08] | You are right. | 没错 |
[38:10] | And, uh, the movie’s about to start. | 电影快开始了 |
[38:13] | So, where is the remote? | 遥控器呢 |
[39:42] | “巴伐利亚男孩” 赫梅尔陶俑 价格 8740.75美元 | |
[40:07] | I’m not available at the moment. | 现在忙 |
[40:09] | Leave a message. | 请留言 |
[40:10] | Hey. It’s me. | 是我 |
[40:12] | Listen, I got something for you. | 是这样 我有事找你 |
[40:14] | It’s a job. | 是工作 |
[40:15] | I think you’re really gonna like this, so call me. | 我觉得你一定会喜欢的 给我回电话 |
[40:47] | We’re taking six tonight. | 我们今晚拿六个 |
[40:50] | What? | 什么 |
[40:52] | Six keys. It’s what the boss would want. | 六块 老板会高兴的 |
[40:55] | You gonna back me up or what? | 你跟我一起还是怎样 |
[40:59] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[41:22] | Where’s the rest? | 其他的呢 |
[41:27] | I only see five. | 我只看到五个 |
[41:30] | That was a one-time-only. | 那次特殊 |
[41:33] | Not the way we see it. | 我们认为不是这样 |
[41:34] | That’s the way it is. | 就是这样 |
[41:39] | Salamancas get six. | 塞拉曼加要六个 |
[41:42] | We’re not leaving without six. | 拿不到六个我们不走 |
[41:47] | Your boss isn’t giving orders. | 你老板下不了命令 |
[41:50] | He can barely even open his eyes. | 他连眼睛都睁不开 |
[41:52] | I’m giving the orders. | 是我的命令 |
[41:56] | Take the five or leave with nothing. | 要么拿五个 要么什么都别拿 |
[42:09] | Do you want to go? | 你还想离开这里吗 |
[42:14] | You heard him. | 照他说的 |
[42:17] | Six. | 六个 |
[42:19] | Put it away. | 把枪放下 |
[42:23] | You really want to do this? | 你真想这么做吗 |
[42:59] | Yeah. That’s what I thought. | 乖 这才像话 |
[43:34] | That’s how you do it. | 干得好 |
[43:35] | We had them pissing their pants. | 我们把他们吓尿裤子了 |
[44:13] | I know what you’ve done. | 我知道你做了什么 |
[44:18] | The Salamancas — they do not. | 塞拉曼加的人 他们还不知道 |
[44:23] | Do you understand what I’m saying? | 你明白我在说什么吗 |
[44:34] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[44:39] | From now on | 从现在起 |
[44:42] | you are mine. | 你属于我 |