时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:24] | Name? | 姓名 |
[01:26] | James McGill. | 詹姆斯·麦吉尔 |
[01:28] | Bring your card? | 带卡了吗 |
[01:29] | Yeah. | 带了 |
[01:39] | Sign there. | 在这签字 |
[01:52] | Can I read it first? | 我能先读一遍吗 |
[01:53] | It’s just a waiver. | 就是个免责声明而已 |
[01:55] | We’re not responsible if you hurt yourself. | 你要是受伤了 我们概不负责 |
[03:33] | Good morning. Saul Goodman Productions. | 早上好 索尔·古德曼制作公司 |
[03:38] | T-that’s right. | 没错 |
[03:39] | We, uh — we do it all — we write it, shoot it, | 我们提供一条龙服务 写策划 拍摄 |
[03:42] | get ya on the air for one low, low price. | 安排广告播出 费用非常低廉 |
[03:44] | May I ask what business you have? | 请问你们是做什么生意的 |
[03:47] | Computer repair? | 修电脑 |
[03:48] | That is a perfect business to advertise on television | 这一行在电视上打广告再合适不过了 |
[03:51] | because, you know, computers are our future. | 因为电脑是我们的未来 |
[03:59] | Yes, well, our rates are — | 我们的报价 |
[04:03] | Sorry. That was, uh, one of our trucks. | 抱歉 我们有辆卡车刚刚开过去 |
[04:06] | We’re, uh, location shooting today. | 我们今天拍外景 |
[04:08] | It’s a big production, actually. | 大手笔大制作 |
[04:10] | Our usual rate is one commercial, one airing — | 通常价格是一支广告一次播放 |
[04:14] | $850, but you’re in luck — | 八百五十块钱 但你很幸运 |
[04:16] | today, we have a one-time special. | 我们今天打特价 仅此一次 |
[04:19] | Our Elite package. | 精英套餐 |
[04:20] | Seven commercials, seven airings for forty — | 七支广告 七次播送 |
[04:25] | forty-six hundred dollars. | 四千六百块 |
[04:29] | Yeah. Forty-six hundred dollars. | 对 四千六百块 |
[04:31] | And we can a– Hello. | 我们还可以 喂 |
[04:34] | Hello? | 喂 |
[04:44] | No, I didn’t, because you keep putting me on hold. | 我没有 因为你一直让我等 |
[04:49] | Okay, my situ– Hello? | 好 我的情… 喂 |
[04:51] | My sit– Yes, my situation is this. | 我的情况是这样的 |
[04:53] | I — Two months ago, I paid for a full year, | 两个月前 我买了一整年的 |
[04:56] | but, due to unforeseen circumstances, | 但因为一些意外 |
[04:58] | I’m not gonna be a lawyer for the next 12 months. | 接下来的十二个月我都没法做律师了 |
[05:04] | Yes, suspended. | 对 我被停业了 |
[05:05] | So I’m not practicing, | 我现在不做律师工作了 |
[05:07] | so I don’t need malpractice insurance, | 所以用不着职业过失保险了 |
[05:10] | and I’d like to speak to someone about a refund. | 我想谈谈退款的问题 |
[05:14] | But y– Well, then, may I please speak to someone | 但 那我能不能 |
[05:17] | who can make a decision? | 跟说了算的人谈谈 |
[05:19] | No, no, no. Don’t put me on hold again, please. | 不不不 别再让我等了 求你了 |
[05:21] | He– hello? He– | 喂 喂 |
[05:49] | Wait a minute. This says 30 minutes. | 等等 这上面写三十分钟 |
[05:51] | Yep. | 对 |
[05:53] | We were out here for four hours. | 但我们在这干了四个小时 |
[05:55] | You were on your phone. | 你一直在打电话 |
[05:57] | You knew the rules when you signed up. | 你进来的时候就清楚规矩了 |
[05:59] | But I collected more garbage than anybody out here. | 但我比他们捡的垃圾都多 |
[06:02] | I have to be able to conduct business to earn a living. | 我为了糊口 必须得开展业务 |
[06:05] | No. | 不行 |
[06:06] | What do you mean “No”? | “不行”是什么意思 |
[06:08] | Think of community service as your jail time. | 你应该把社区服务当成狱中生活 |
[06:11] | No phones allowed in jail. | 监狱里不让打手机 |
[06:13] | W-w-well, hold on there, buddy. | 你等等 哥们 |
[06:15] | I mean, who do you think you are, huh? | 你以为自己是谁啊 |
[06:17] | Y-y-you think you can treat us like this? | 你以为你能这么对我们吗 |
[06:20] | We’re out here for the good | 我们是为了让伟大的 |
[06:22] | of the great city of Albuquerque — not for you. | 阿尔布开克变得更好才来的 不是为了你 |
[06:25] | You’re not our lord and master. | 你又不是我们的主子 |
[06:26] | You don’t get to sit back | 你不能对我们颐气指使 |
[06:28] | and decide who’s worthy and who isn’t. | 定夺谁好谁不好 |
[06:31] | Am I right? | 我说得对吗 |
[06:33] | Dude, are you gonna get in the van or what? | 哥们 你到底上不上车 |
[06:38] | C’mon. 30 minutes? That stuff’s not right. | 拜托 三十分钟 这可不对 |
[06:41] | You can do better than that. | 给我多写点吧 |
[06:44] | We could make it zero. | 也可以写个零 |
[08:22] | Come on. Come on! | 快点 快点 |
[08:24] | Come on, baby! | 拜托 宝贝 |
[08:31] | Yes! | 好了 |
[08:38] | So come on down to Duke City Recliners | 快坐上公爵城休闲椅 |
[08:40] | and put your feet up! | 把脚抬起来[好好放松放松] |
[08:41] | Mention this ad and get 10% off your first purchase. | 首次购买时凭本广告可打九折 |
[08:46] | And…cut. | 停 |
[08:47] | Great! How wathat? | 真棒 怎么样 |
[08:49] | – Good for camera. – Sound was good. | -画面没问题 -声音不错 |
[08:50] | Thank you. That was great. Hold up. Hold up. | 谢谢 演得不错 等等 |
[08:53] | I wanna do one more. | 我要再拍一条 |
[08:55] | Was that okay? | 刚才那条可以吗 |
[08:56] | It was great, uh, but I just — I want — | 挺不错的 但是我 我想 |
[08:59] | I want you to connect more with the audience. | 我想让你能更抓住观众 |
[09:03] | Like you’re talking to a friend. | 就像是在跟朋友说话一样 |
[09:06] | Look into that lens and see a friend. | 眼睛盯着镜头 心里想着一个朋友 |
[09:09] | Can you do that? | 能做到吗 |
[09:10] | I mean, think of a specific friend. | 想一个特定的朋友 |
[09:12] | – Do you see him? – Yes. | -你能看见他吗 -能 |
[09:14] | Okay. Who is he? | 好 他是谁 |
[09:15] | – My friend Ron. – Great. | -我的朋友罗恩 -好极了 |
[09:18] | Look into that lens and see Ron. | 盯着镜头 想象你看见了罗恩 |
[09:20] | And just two guys, just chattin’ about chairs. | 你们俩聊着休闲椅 |
[09:25] | D-don’t think about it. | 别想了 |
[09:26] | Just throw it away. | 放轻松 随意点 |
[09:27] | Last looks. Roll sound. | 补个妆 准备录音 |
[09:33] | Sound speed. | 录音准备好了 |
[09:34] | – Camera? – Cam-camera set. | -摄像机 -摄像机准备好了 |
[09:35] | And… | 准备 |
[09:37] | Havin’ a conversation with your good friend Ron. | 和你的挚友罗恩聊聊 |
[09:40] | Just a couple of guys talkin’. | 只是两个人在闲聊 |
[09:42] | And you got some very exciting news about the recliners | 你有个关于休闲椅的好消息 |
[09:46] | that you’ve been dyin’ to share with him. | 迫不及待要跟他分享 |
[09:47] | And…action. | 开拍 |
[09:49] | So come on down to Duke City Recliners | 快坐上公爵城休闲椅 |
[09:51] | and put your feet up! | 把脚抬起来 |
[09:53] | Mention this ad and get 10% off your first purchase. | 首次购买时凭本广告可打九折 |
[09:57] | And…cut! | 停 |
[09:59] | Great! That’s the one! | 太棒了 这就对了 |
[10:00] | Check the gate! How did that feel?! | 回放一遍 感觉如何 |
[10:02] | Good, I guess. What — What did you think? | 挺好的 你觉得呢 |
[10:03] | Good! So good! | 真棒 太好了 |
[10:05] | Just very, very… just great! | 非常 就是很棒 |
[10:07] | It was very nice. | 非常好 |
[10:08] | Listen, you are on a roll, my friend. | 听着 你找到感觉了 朋友 |
[10:11] | I say we strike while the iron is hot. | 我们还是趁热打铁吧 |
[10:13] | Remember that other offer we discussed? | 还记得我们说过的另一个提议吗 |
[10:15] | More commercials at the discounted rate? | 按优惠价多拍几条广告 |
[10:17] | Got my whole crew here. | 剧组人员都在这 |
[10:18] | We could bang out seven more | 我们可以再连录七条 |
[10:20] | and give you a run that’ll make you a household name. | 让你有机会家喻户晓 |
[10:23] | – Waddya say? – But, Mr. Goodman, I… | -怎么样 -但古德曼先生 我 |
[10:26] | love the idea of more commercials, | 觉得再拍几支广告这主意不错 |
[10:28] | but I just can’t swing it. | 但是我做不到 |
[10:30] | My wife didn’t want me to do this one. | 我妻子不想让我拍这个 |
[10:31] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[10:32] | They say you gotta spend money to make money. | 常言道 花了钱才有动力赚钱 |
[10:35] | And, uh… | 还有 |
[10:38] | And I tell ya what — you got a chance here | 跟你讲 你有个机会 |
[10:40] | to potentially spike your sales by hundreds — | 提高销量 你会增加上百名 |
[10:43] | hell, thousands — of new customers | 甚至是上千名新顾客 |
[10:45] | who’d never even heard of Duke City Recliners. | 他们之前可能听都没听说过公爵城休闲椅 |
[10:47] | What do ya say? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[10:48] | Sure, s-sure. | 好 好 |
[10:49] | B-But — But like I said, | 但是 但是我说过了 |
[10:52] | I only have enough to pay for the one. | 我只有做一支广告的钱 |
[10:56] | Well, you know what? | 好吧 知道吗 |
[10:59] | I like you, and I wanna help. | 我喜欢你 我想帮你 |
[11:01] | So I know we discussed a discounted rate | 我们刚才说好的打完折 |
[11:04] | of $545 per commercial, | 每支广告545块 |
[11:06] | but if you sign up right now for our Elite package — | 但如果你现在签下我们的精英套餐 |
[11:10] | now, that’s seven commercials — | 现在就是七支广告 |
[11:12] | I think we can do the whole thing for… | 我觉得我们可以给你做到 |
[11:15] | $500 per commercial. | 每支广告五百块 |
[11:16] | Now, that is $3,500, all in. | 那就是三千五百块包干 |
[11:19] | That is the bargain of a lifetime. | 这可真是跳楼价了 |
[11:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:30] | Any chance you could do it on credit? | 你们能赊账吗 |
[11:35] | On credit? | 赊账吗 |
[11:37] | No. No. | 不行 不行 |
[11:40] | I can’t. | 我没法做 |
[11:41] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:43] | Maybe another time. | 下次吧 |
[11:44] | Let me get your money for this one. | 我先把这支广告的钱给你 |
[11:58] | Can we make this easier and just split it four ways? | 我们能简单点直接分成四份吗 |
[12:00] | “Split it four” — I’ll split you four ways. | “分成四份” 我先把你撕成四块 |
[12:02] | Don’t they teach you capitalism in that school of yours? | 你们学校没教过你们资本主义吗 |
[12:04] | I’m just sayin’, we got expenses, man. | 我就是说说 我们也有开销 伙计 |
[12:05] | You — Expen– You don’t have expenses! | 开… 你们有什么开销 |
[12:07] | I’ve got expenses! You see this? | 花钱的是我 看见这个没 |
[12:09] | This is money I’ve already spent on airtime for that commercial. | 这是我已经花在电视上打广告的钱 |
[12:11] | 445 bucks. | 445块 |
[12:13] | You know what that leaves me with? | 你知道我还剩多少吗 |
[12:14] | – $100. – $104.95! | -一百块 -104块9毛5 |
[12:18] | For writing, directing, producing, client outreach, | 我还得写文案 导演 制作 推广 |
[12:20] | sales, transpo — all of it! | 销售 交通 都是我干的 |
[12:21] | – I get it. – Yeah. | -知道了 -好 |
[12:23] | So let’s get you in the editing room and finish this thing, | 你快点回剪辑室把这个弄完 |
[12:25] | and I don’t want to hear another word about expenses. | 我不想再听见你们提花销的事了 |
[12:28] | Okay. Electric. | 好吧 电费 |
[12:30] | I paid this month. | 这个月是我付的 |
[12:32] | Anything else? | 还有吗 |
[12:34] | I bought a couple reams of paper for the printer. | 我买了几令打印纸 |
[12:37] | Hmm. Paper. | 嗯 打印纸 |
[12:41] | One hundred…sixty-two. | 一百… 六十二 |
[12:43] | Okay, so… | 好了 所以… |
[12:50] | Looks like puts me ahead this month… | 这个月我多些 |
[12:54] | $3,172. | 3172块 |
[12:57] | All right. And what’s it to even me up? | 好吧 我那份是多少钱 |
[13:00] | Uh…Divided by 2. | 除以二… |
[13:03] | $1,586. | 1586块 |
[13:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:08] | One thousand… | 一千… |
[13:10] | five hundred… | 五百… |
[13:13] | Mr. Moneybags, huh? | 大款先生啊 |
[13:15] | So this… | 所以这个… |
[13:17] | commercial thing. | 广告生意 |
[13:18] | It’s turning a profit? | 有赚钱吗 |
[13:19] | It’s TV. | 电视呢 |
[13:21] | How could there not be a profit? | 怎么可能不赚钱 |
[13:27] | You didn’t… | 你没有… |
[13:29] | drain your bank account, did you? | 把你的老本都花光了吧 |
[13:31] | What? No, I didn’t — | 什么 没有 我没… |
[13:35] | Uh, oh, that’s, uh, Chinese food. | 那是 中国菜外卖 |
[13:37] | I ordered it for us. | 我给我们俩点的 |
[13:38] | You’re workin’ late, right? | 你今晚要加班 对吗 |
[13:39] | Yeah. Right. Thanks. Oh, uh… | 对 谢谢 |
[13:41] | Wait, here. | 等下 给你 |
[13:42] | No, I got this. | 不了 我请 |
[13:48] | – Hey, hi. – $24. | -你好 -二十四块 |
[13:56] | Here. Keep the change. | 给 不用找了 |
[14:00] | A dollar? | 就一块钱吗 |
[14:02] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[14:04] | We can make it zero. | 总比没有强 |
[14:45] | Geez! What the hell?! | 天呐 怎么回事 |
[14:47] | I mean, what the hell? | 搞什么鬼 |
[14:48] | How’d you get in here? | 你怎么进来的 |
[14:50] | Relax. | 放松 |
[14:52] | I just want to talk. | 我只想和你聊聊 |
[14:54] | Talk? | 聊聊 |
[14:55] | You mean, like, apologize? | 你是说你要跟我道歉吗 |
[14:57] | ‘Cause that’s really the only talk I want to hear. | 因为我现在只想听你道歉 |
[15:00] | I want to do some business. | 我想做笔交易 |
[15:02] | Like before. | 和以前一样 |
[15:03] | Business? | 交易 |
[15:05] | Is that, like, code for stealing my baseball cards? | 这是偷走我棒球卡的暗号吗 |
[15:08] | I’m not here for your baseball cards. | 我不是来找你要棒球卡的 |
[15:14] | I’m here… | 我来… |
[15:16] | for this. | 是为了这个 |
[15:26] | Can you get more of these? | 你能搞到更多吗 |
[15:38] | You want me to steal this? | 你想我去偷这个吗 |
[15:41] | Get a prescription and go to a pharmacist. | 开个处方然后到药店去 |
[15:43] | – It’ll be cheap. – I need those capsules empty… | -很便宜的 -我要的是封装前的 |
[15:46] | before they’re sealed. | 空胶囊 |
[15:48] | With those exact markings. | 上面带着一样的标记 |
[15:53] | Well…the place I work doesn’t make these. | 我工作的地方不产这个 |
[15:57] | But… | 但是… |
[16:00] | But what? | 但是什么 |
[16:05] | I could probably get some samples diverted on an R&D request. | 我也许可以说研究需要搞一些样品 |
[16:12] | So do it. | 那就这么办 |
[16:13] | Why? I mean, what’s the point? | 为什么 这有什么用 |
[16:15] | I need them. | 我要 |
[16:18] | O-kay. | 好吧 |
[16:21] | And if I don’t get them? | 如果我不呢 |
[16:24] | Then what? | 你要怎么样 |
[16:25] | Are you gonna threaten me? | 你要威胁我吗 |
[16:28] | Break my legs? | 打断我的腿 |
[16:32] | You get me those pills, | 你帮我弄到这些药 |
[16:34] | and I’m gonna pay you $20,000. | 我给你两万 |
[16:41] | Get them. | 去弄 |
[17:47] | Let her have the ball. | 把球给她 |
[17:51] | Hold on, okay? | 等下 好吗 |
[17:53] | Hey, Pop. | 爸 |
[17:54] | You doing okay? | 你还好吗 |
[17:56] | Uh, yeah. It’s coming along. | 挺好的 进展顺利 |
[17:58] | Have a couple of volunteers here who want to help. | 有几个志愿者想来帮忙 |
[18:01] | Well, thanks, but I think I’m good. | 谢了 我一个人弄就行 |
[18:02] | Please, we can’t let you do it all by yourself. | 拜托 我们不能让你一个人干活 |
[18:05] | Certainly not after you bought all the supplies. | 而且还都是你出的钱 |
[18:07] | At least let the church reimburse you. | 至少让教堂补偿一下你 |
[18:09] | – It’s a donation. – C’mon. | -这是我捐的 -行了 |
[18:12] | You’ve got unskilled but eager laborers. | 我们几个虽然技艺不精但很愿意出力 |
[18:14] | Let us do something. | 让我们做点什么吧 |
[18:16] | Just point and tell us what to do. | 你就告诉我们做什么就行 |
[18:23] | All right, uh… | 好吧… |
[18:27] | How about you dump one of those packs | 那你把一袋水泥倒进 |
[18:29] | into the wheelbarrow? | 手推车里 |
[18:30] | And you — you fill that bucket up to the brim with water. | 你 你把这个桶接满水 |
[18:33] | And then you dump it in, little by little, | 然后倒进去 一点一点地倒 |
[18:36] | while he stirs it with a hoe. | 你边倒他一边用锄头搅拌 |
[18:38] | – You got it. – Okay. | -交给我 -好的 |
[18:45] | I’m ready. What can I do? | 我准备好了 我做什么 |
[18:48] | I think we’re covered. | 我觉得没什么活儿了 |
[18:51] | You’re kidding, right? | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[18:52] | It’s not that big a job. | 不是什么麻烦的活儿 |
[19:06] | Am I doing this right? | 我这样做对吗 |
[19:09] | Why don’t you try using this instead? | 你要不试试这个 |
[19:13] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[19:15] | It’s for the walkway. | 这是用来修走道的 |
[19:17] | Look. | 你看着 |
[19:20] | It puts down a texture | 可以留下纹路 |
[19:22] | so the kids don’t slip when it gets wet. | 这样路面湿了 小孩不会滑倒 |
[19:36] | Like this? | 这样吗 |
[19:38] | You got it. | 没错 |
[19:40] | Nice and gentle. | 动作要轻 |
[19:42] | You’re Kaylee’s Pop-Pop, right? | 你是凯莉的爷爷 对吧 |
[19:44] | I am. | 是的 |
[19:45] | I am the very proud grandfather. | 我就是那位很骄傲的祖父 |
[19:48] | – I’m Anita. – Mike. | -我是安妮塔 -麦克 |
[19:51] | – Nice to meet you, Mike. – And you. | -很高兴认识你 麦克 -我也是 |
[19:54] | And thanks for helping. | 谢谢你帮忙 |
[19:56] | Well, thank you for not trying to do this all by yourself. | 好吧 谢谢你让我帮忙 |
[20:35] | Carl? | 卡尔 |
[20:37] | Yeah. | 在 |
[20:39] | Hold the fort for a few minutes, wouldja? | 帮我看会儿场子 行吗 |
[20:41] | You got it, Mike. | 没问题 麦克 |
[20:59] | You’re here. | 你来了 |
[21:00] | This your idea of stealth? | 你这叫秘密行动吗 |
[21:03] | I never claimed to be good at this. | 我从没说过我很擅长秘密行动 |
[21:04] | Any of it. | 完全不会 |
[21:05] | On that, we can agree. | 这一点 我倒是同意 |
[21:07] | Yeah, I know. That’s why I’m here. | 是啊 所以我来了 |
[21:09] | I wanna hire you again. | 我想再次雇你 |
[21:12] | Do what now? | 干什么 |
[21:12] | Hire you. As my back-up man. | 雇你 做我的助手 |
[21:14] | Same terms as before. | 待遇和以前一样 |
[21:17] | I don’t wanna make the same mistake as last time. | 我不想再犯上次相同的错误 |
[21:19] | You don’t wanna make the same mistake, | 你不想犯相同的错误 |
[21:21] | then don’t get involved | 那就不要卷进 |
[21:23] | with whatever it is you’re getting involved with. | 你正准备卷进的任何事情 |
[21:25] | But… | 但 |
[21:26] | I’m involved already. | 我已经卷进去了 |
[21:29] | I’m not. | 但我没有 |
[21:30] | Well… | 好吧 |
[21:33] | It’s Nacho Varga. | 是纳乔·瓦尔加 |
[21:43] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[21:45] | He broke into my house. | 他闯入我的房子 |
[21:46] | He was inside, waiting for me. | 他在里面等着我 |
[21:48] | Somehow, he got past my security system. | 不知道他怎么通过安保系统的 |
[21:51] | I have no idea how! | 现在都不知道 |
[21:53] | All he had to do was unplug your phone lines. | 他只需要拔掉电话线 |
[21:57] | That’s it? Huh. | 是吗 |
[22:00] | What’d he want? | 他想要什么 |
[22:01] | Pills. | 药 |
[22:02] | Well…not exactly. | 其实也不算 |
[22:04] | Empty Lydristel capsules. | 空的胶囊 |
[22:06] | – Lydristel? – Yeah. They’re like nitroglycerin. | -什么东西 -硝化甘油之类的 |
[22:10] | And he offered me money — lots of money. | 他还给我钱 很多钱 |
[22:14] | Way more than they’re even worth. | 远远超过本身的价值 |
[22:16] | But… | 但 |
[22:18] | I’m afraid if I don’t do it, or even if I do do it… | 我怕如果我不做 或者就算我做了 |
[22:23] | I don’t know… | 我不知道 |
[22:25] | Tell him you can’t get what he needs. | 告诉他你无法满足他的需要 |
[22:27] | I already ordered them. | 我已经订货了 |
[22:28] | I mean, the shipment gets here in two days. | 货两天就会送到 |
[22:30] | He knows. | 他知道 |
[22:31] | Then make up an excuse. | 那就编个借口 |
[22:35] | Fine. $3,000. | 行 三千块 |
[22:37] | I’ll give you $3,000. | 我给你三千块 |
[22:39] | I’m not interested. | 我不感兴趣 |
[22:39] | And you find a way out of it. | 你自己想办法抽身 |
[22:42] | But — | 但 |
[22:43] | Not interested! | 不感兴趣 |
[23:40] | Look… full disclosure. | 听着 我说实话 |
[23:42] | When you told us about the disciplinary hearing, | 当你告诉我们纪律听证会的事时 |
[23:44] | I admit it — I had concerns. | 我承认 我有担忧 |
[23:46] | So, just so you know, I had to do my due diligence. | 我要告诉你 我得作尽职调查 |
[23:48] | I read the transcripts. | 我看了听证会文件 |
[23:50] | All of them. | 全都看了 |
[23:51] | It was amazing. | 太棒了 |
[23:53] | What you did to Charles — | 你们对查尔斯做的事 |
[23:54] | You and James set him up perfectly. | 你和詹姆斯完全让他掉进坑里了 |
[23:57] | You destroyed him. | 你们毁了他 |
[23:59] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[24:01] | I couldn’t believe some of it. | 我完全无法相信 |
[24:02] | “I’m not crazy. It’s 1216, | “我不是疯子 是1216号 |
[24:04] | one after Magna Carta.” | 是《大宪章》签署的第二年” |
[24:06] | The Magna Carta? | 《大宪章》 |
[24:08] | It was perfect. | 太完美了 |
[24:10] | “You think this chicanery is bad?” | “你们觉得这种欺诈很恶劣吗” |
[24:14] | Who talks like that? | 谁会那么说话 |
[24:16] | On page 5 is a breakdown of loan-to-deposit ratios by county, | 第五页显示了各县贷存比的明细 |
[24:21] | and you can see, | 你还能看到 |
[24:22] | if Mesa Verde is going to comply with Section 109, | 如果梅萨维德银行要遵守第109条 |
[24:24] | you will have to raise your loan numbers. | 你们得提高贷款数额 |
[24:27] | That can’t be right. | 应该搞错了 |
[24:29] | We were fine in Arizona. | 我们在亚利桑那州挺好的 |
[24:31] | Yes, but the FDIC requirements in Utah are different. | 但联邦存款保险公司在犹他州的要求不同 |
[24:35] | 96%? | 百分之九十六 |
[24:37] | Is it really that high? | 已经那么高了吗 |
[24:39] | I thought Arizona was only 79%. | 我以为亚利桑那州才百分之七十九 |
[24:43] | Again, it was, | 再说一次 的确如此 |
[24:44] | but Utah has a higher loan-to-deposit ratio. | 但犹他州有更高的贷存比 |
[24:50] | I think we’re gonna need to check that. | 我想我们要查一查 |
[24:52] | That number seems way off. | 那数字很离谱 |
[24:54] | The numbers are right. | 数字是对的 |
[24:56] | But you can review the guidelines if you want. | 但你可以再看一遍指南 |
[24:58] | Right here. | 就在这儿 |
[25:03] | You gonna check ’em or can we move on? | 你是要查一查 还是继续 |
[25:13] | No… | 不了 |
[25:15] | of course. If it’s 96%, it’s 96%. | 当然 那就百分之九十六吧 |
[25:19] | We’ll increase our loan numbers. | 我们会增加贷款数额 |
[25:22] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[25:26] | Can we review these fixed mortgage rates? | 我们能审核固定抵押贷款利率吗 |
[25:28] | ‘Cause that’s definitely an area | 因为那绝对是 |
[25:30] | we’re gonna need to focus our attention — | 我们需要关注的领域 |
[25:31] | Paige, I’m s– That was… | 佩奇 我 刚刚… |
[25:35] | unprofessional. | 很不专业 |
[25:37] | I didn’t mean to speak to you that way. | 我不是故意想那么对你说话 |
[25:39] | Kim. Don’t worry. | 金 别担心 |
[25:41] | It’s not a problem. At all. | 没问题的 完全没有 |
[25:44] | No, I’m sorry. | 不 我很抱歉 |
[25:45] | There’s no excuse for talking to you like that. | 我没有理由那么跟你说话 |
[25:49] | I know how hard you’ve been working on this. | 我知道你对这份工作多么认真 |
[25:52] | Please, I’ve forgotten about it already. | 拜托 我已经忘掉了 |
[25:54] | You should, too. | 你也别放在心上了 |
[25:55] | Okay? | 行吗 |
[26:07] | As far as I’m concerned, all we did… | 在我看来 我们所做的… |
[26:13] | all we did was tear down a sick man. | 就是毁了一个病人 |
[26:26] | Fixed mortgage rates. | 固定抵押贷款利率 |
[26:28] | I think it’s page 3. | 应该是在第三页 |
[26:31] | – Yes. – Yeah. | -是 -没错 |
[26:34] | There’s an acquisition comparison at the top, | 上面有收购对比 |
[26:37] | and you want to go by total… | 如果你想看总额… |
[27:13] | Get in! Yeah. | 上车 没错 |
[27:14] | Go! Chop-chop! | 动作快点 |
[27:15] | C’mon, c’mon! | 快 快 |
[27:41] | Get in! | 上车 |
[27:42] | – Let’s go. – Trying. | -我们走 -我在挤 |
[27:48] | That doesn’t sound good. | 这声音不对劲 |
[27:49] | C’mon, c’mon. | 快 快 |
[27:52] | I think you’re flooding it. | 我觉得油要满溢了 |
[27:53] | – I’m not flooding it! – You’re over-cranking it. | -油没有满溢 -你发动过头了 |
[27:55] | Oh, you don’t know what you’re talking about! | 你在说什么鬼话 |
[27:58] | We’re still getting paid whether we get there or not. | 无论到不到 我们都要收钱 |
[27:59] | Maybe we should catch the bus. | 或许我们该赶公交车 |
[28:01] | Come on! | 得了吧 |
[28:02] | Just — It’s gonna start, okay? | 马上就发动了 行吗 |
[28:05] | Yeah, you definitely flooded it. | 油肯定满溢了 |
[28:06] | – He drained the battery. – You drained the battery. | -他把电瓶耗没电了 -你把电瓶耗没电了 |
[28:08] | Can you not talk about something you know absolutely nothing about? | 你们能不能不要再说自己根本不懂的事了 |
[28:11] | There’s a bus we could get in. | 我们可以坐公交车去 |
[28:13] | I just need to think for one minute! | 让我想一下 |
[28:18] | Look, we’re taking the bus. | 走吧 我们坐公交 |
[28:19] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[28:30] | Film crew! | 摄制组 |
[28:32] | Hold up the bus! | 请等一等 |
[28:36] | You see that? | 看那个 |
[28:36] | Fender Stratocaster, signed by Ritchie Blackmore. | 那把芬达吉他 里奇·布莱克摩签名的 |
[28:39] | You know who that is, right? | 你们知道他是谁吧 |
[28:40] | Someone no one’s ever heard of? | 谁也没听说过的人 |
[28:42] | That’s real good. | 答得真好 |
[28:44] | I hope your parents enjoy supporting you | 我希望你的父母能乐意 |
[28:45] | for the rest of their lives. | 供养你一辈子 |
[28:47] | C’mon, Ritchie Blackmore. | 是里奇·布莱克摩啊 |
[28:50] | Deep Purple. | 深紫乐队 |
[28:52] | “Another Brick in the Wall.” | 《墙上的另一块砖》 |
[28:54] | I weep for the future. | 未来无望了 |
[28:58] | Mr. McGill, we have a problem. | 麦吉尔先生 出了点问题 |
[29:01] | Them. | 他们 |
[29:05] | Hey, fellas. Uh, you ready? | 伙计们 你们准备好了吗 |
[29:06] | We got the first shot all lined up. | 我们已经准备好拍第一镜了 |
[29:08] | Can I walk you through it? | 我能跟你们说一下戏吗 |
[29:10] | We hate to do this to you, but… | 我们也不想这样 但是 |
[29:11] | We’re having second thoughts. | 我们改变了主意 |
[29:13] | I get it. That’s just nerves. Just stage fright. | 我明白了 你们很紧张 有点怯场 |
[29:15] | Uh, tell you what — we got cue cards, | 不过没关系 我们有提示牌 |
[29:18] | and with the magic of editing, we’re gonna make you guys | 还有神奇的剪辑技术 你们看起来会跟 |
[29:20] | look like James Garner and Mariette Hartley. | 詹姆斯·加纳和玛丽埃特·哈特利一样上镜 |
[29:23] | It’s not that. | 不是这个问题 |
[29:24] | It’s just that it… | 是那个… |
[29:25] | it seems like too much money… | 钱有点多.. |
[29:27] | For not a whole lot of return. | 回报率却不高 |
[29:29] | And that, my friends — that is where you’re mistaken, | 我的朋友们 这你们可就错了 |
[29:31] | because this is about brand awareness. | 这是个品牌意识的问题 |
[29:34] | From now on, when people think guitars, | 从现在起 只要人们想起吉它 |
[29:36] | they’re gonna think “ABQ In Tune.” | 就会想到”阿尔布开克韵律” |
[29:39] | When they think pianos — “ABQ In Tune.” | 想到钢琴 “阿尔布开克韵律” |
[29:42] | Drums, xylophones… | 还有鼓 木琴 |
[29:43] | For less than the price of that | 只需比那把里奇·布莱克摩 |
[29:45] | Ritchie Blackmore beauty you got on that rack, | 签名吉它还少的钱 |
[29:46] | you’re gonna have the whole town thinking, “ABQ In Tune.” | 就可以让全城都对”阿尔布开克韵律”念念不忘 |
[29:49] | Yeah, but — but what about the time slot? | 但是播出时段呢 |
[29:51] | I mean, “Murder, She Wrote” Repeats? | 《女作家与谋杀案》重播的时段 |
[29:53] | Come on. | 这时段可不怎么样啊 |
[29:55] | Grandmas love buying the gift of music | 老奶奶们会很愿意为自己的孙子孙女 |
[29:57] | for little Johnny and Sally and Skip, hmm? | 买乐器当作礼物的 |
[30:00] | And it’s school-recital season, | 而且现在是校园音乐季 |
[30:02] | so where are the kids gonna get those recorders? | 孩子们会去哪买录音机呢 |
[30:05] | We don’t sell recorders. | 我们不卖录音机 |
[30:07] | Synthesizers, then. | 那就电子合成器 |
[30:08] | But the point is, those Social Security checks — | 但重点是 老奶奶们终归是 |
[30:10] | they got to be spent somewhere. | 要把她们社保支票花掉的 |
[30:15] | As it happens, uh, today only, | 今天还正好有活动 |
[30:16] | I can, uh, offer the same package, but… | 我可以给你们提供相同的服务 但是 |
[30:21] | 50% off. | 打五折 |
[30:25] | Look… | 听着 |
[30:26] | I’m sorry, but we can’t. | 抱歉 但是不行 |
[30:28] | Not today, guys. | 不拍了 伙计们 |
[30:30] | Don’t do that. | 别撤 |
[30:30] | Guys. Now, come on. | 朋友们 听我说 |
[30:31] | Look, I know you want this. | 我知道你们是想拍的 |
[30:33] | I know you do. 50% off! | 我知道的 五折啊 |
[30:35] | Yeah, we get it, but we’re just not… | 是的 但我们不确定… |
[30:38] | Convinced. | 效果如何 |
[30:43] | Free. | 免费 |
[30:45] | I’ll shoot the spot for free. | 我免费帮你们拍这条 |
[30:48] | For free? | 免费 |
[30:50] | You will shoot this spot for free? | 你免费给我们拍 |
[30:52] | I’ll film your ad, and I’ll put it on the air. | 我给你们拍广告 然后负责播出 |
[30:55] | But when you see more traffic coming through here — | 但等你们看到这里车水马龙人声鼎沸时 |
[30:58] | and you will — | 一定会的 |
[30:59] | then we do the other spots for the original rate, okay? | 我们就按初始价格再拍其他广告 怎么样 |
[31:03] | Now, how can you say no? | 这还要拒绝吗 |
[31:06] | – I mean, when he puts it like that… – I guess we can’t. | -他都说到这份上了 -看来没法拒绝了 |
[31:09] | Good. | 很好 |
[31:10] | That’s the best decision you’re gonna make. | 这是你们做的最好的决定 |
[31:12] | The — The best! | 最好的 |
[31:52] | You gonna catch the bus, Mr. McGill? | 你要坐公交车吗 麦吉尔先生 |
[31:55] | No, I… | 不了 我… |
[31:58] | You guys… | 你们 |
[31:58] | get to the editing room. | 快去剪辑室吧 |
[32:00] | I just need t– to sit. | 我要坐一会儿 |
[32:21] | Mr. McGill? | 麦吉尔先生 |
[32:25] | No. I-I can’t. | 不 我不能拿 |
[32:27] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[32:30] | No, that’s yours. | 不 这是你的钱 |
[32:31] | You earned it. | 你应得的 |
[32:34] | But you’re losing money. | 但你亏钱了 |
[32:37] | We’ll see. | 不一定 |
[32:39] | It — It’ll be fine. | 没关系的 |
[32:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:56] | So, I finally got my act together. | 我终于振作了起来 |
[33:00] | I pulled a bunch of Alan’s boxes out of the closet. | 我从柜子里把艾伦的几个箱子拖了出来 |
[33:05] | Only took me eight years. | 只不过这花了我八年的时间 |
[33:11] | I gave all of Alan’s clothes a last wash | 我最后洗了一遍艾伦的衣服 |
[33:14] | before driving them over to Goodwill. | 然后把它们都捐给慈善机构了 |
[33:19] | I cried. | 我大哭了一场 |
[33:20] | I cried when I washed them. | 洗衣服的时候哭 |
[33:22] | I cried when I folded them. | 叠衣服的时候哭 |
[33:24] | I cried when I dropped ’em off. | 送走的时候也哭 |
[33:28] | But once it was done… | 但当我做完这一切时 |
[33:31] | it felt good… | 感觉好极了 |
[33:34] | to let them go. | 放开这一切 |
[33:38] | I kept his uniform, though. | 不过我留下了他的制服 |
[33:40] | Can’t let that go. | 这个可不能不要 |
[33:42] | Lord, he’d never forgive me if I let that go. | 我要是把这个也送走 他决不会原谅我 |
[33:48] | But I figure it’s okay to keep one thing, right? | 但是我觉得保留一样东西作纪念没关系 |
[33:51] | I mean… | 我的意思是 |
[33:53] | people can use the other clothes, but… | 别的衣服人们可以穿 但是 |
[33:58] | not sure what use they’d have for an old uniform. | 一件旧制服对他们有什么用呢 |
[34:05] | I just don’t remember this much homework | 我可不记得我在凯莉那么大时 |
[34:07] | when I was Kaylee’s age. | 有这么多的家庭作业 |
[34:09] | It doesn’t seem to bother her, but still… | 虽然她觉得没什么 但是… |
[34:12] | Most of it’s just busywork. | 大多都是额外作业 |
[34:15] | A couple of us actually spoke to the school board, | 我们几个家长跟学校谈过 |
[34:18] | and they agreed… | 他们也同意… |
[34:19] | Done. All yours. | 好了 你接吧 |
[34:21] | Fair warning, the coffee’s not all that. | 友情提示 这里咖啡不咋样 |
[34:25] | I guess the feel if you can face this, | 我想如果你能面对这件事 |
[34:27] | – you can face anything. – Could be. | -你就能面对一切 -可能是吧 |
[34:29] | I must be stronger than I think. | 我一定是比自己想像的要坚强 |
[34:33] | You mind if I ask — | 介意我问一下吗 |
[34:34] | – and I really don’t mean to pry, but — – Let me guess. | -我不是想打探什么 但是 -我猜猜 |
[34:37] | You have another construction job you need my help on. | 你是有其他的活儿需要我帮忙吗 |
[34:39] | Uh, no. | 不是 |
[34:41] | But if I do, you’ll be the first person I call. | 但如果有 我一定第一个找你 |
[34:44] | Okay, ask away. | 好吧 你问吧 |
[34:47] | You said you kept your husband’s uniform. | 你说你保留了你丈夫的制服 |
[34:51] | Was he on the job? | 他是因公殉职的吗 |
[34:52] | On the job? | 因公 |
[34:55] | Oh, you mean the police. | 你是说警察啊 |
[34:57] | No. | 不 |
[34:58] | Alan was a Navy man. | 艾伦是海军 |
[35:00] | He was well out of the service when I lost him. | 我失去他时 他已经退役了 |
[35:04] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[35:05] | The group has heard my story over and over. | 这个小组已经听了很多遍我的故事了 |
[35:08] | Well, that’s what we’re here for. | 我们就是来干这个的 |
[35:16] | Alan loved to hike. | 艾伦喜欢远足 |
[35:19] | We even opened a camping-supply store. | 我们还开了一家野营用品专卖店 |
[35:22] | I helped him with the mail-order side of it. | 我帮他处理邮购方面的业务 |
[35:25] | And then, uh… | 然后 |
[35:28] | this was eight years ago — | 这是八年前的事了 |
[35:30] | he went hiking in Gila National | 他去吉拉国家公园爬山 |
[35:33] | and never came back. | 就再也没回来 |
[35:35] | They found our car, | 他们找到了我们的车 |
[35:37] | but they never found him. | 但始终没找到他 |
[35:39] | And I don’t know if… | 我不知道 |
[35:41] | he slipped and fell or had a heart attack | 他到底是滑倒了 还是心脏病发 |
[35:43] | or met someone who didn’t like the way he looked… | 又或是遇到了看他不顺眼的恶人 |
[35:47] | I don’t know. | 我完全不知道 |
[35:49] | And even after all these years, | 即使过了那么多年 |
[35:52] | not knowing how he passed or where he is… | 不知道他的死因 也不知道他的下落… |
[36:00] | I wish it didn’t matter. | 我真希望这些事不会令我在意 |
[36:02] | But it does. | 但我真的放不下 |
[36:37] | Hello? | 喂 |
[36:40] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[36:41] | You make the deal? | 交易做完了吗 |
[36:45] | No. Not yet. | 还没有 |
[36:48] | Why? | 为什么问 |
[36:50] | I’m in. | 我加入 |
[37:42] | Hey, let’s get outta here. | 我们离开这里吧 |
[37:45] | What? | 什么 |
[37:46] | Get out where? | 离开哪里 |
[37:47] | I am up to my neck in Mesa Verde. I can’t. | 我正忙着梅萨维德银行的事 我走不开 |
[37:51] | C’mon, we’re going. | 来 我们这就走 |
[37:52] | – No, I can’t. – Up. | -不行 -起来 |
[37:53] | Jimmy — | 吉米 |
[37:54] | Nope. Nothing — | 不行 你做什么… |
[37:56] | Nothing you can do to stop this. | 你做什么都不能阻止我 |
[37:58] | Uh, one thing — you have to drive. | 有个问题 得由你来开车 |
[38:04] | Lookit this guy. | 瞧瞧这家伙 |
[38:07] | It’s Alfred Hitchcock in a rented toupee. | 就像戴着租来的假发的希区柯克 |
[38:11] | C’mon. | 别闹了 |
[38:12] | Why would you rent a toupee? | 为什么会有人要租假发 |
[38:13] | Y’know, from the Toupee Store. | 从假发店租来的 |
[38:15] | So you don’t have to maintain it. | 这样就不用保养假发了 |
[38:20] | All right. Seven and seven. | 来了 一杯七七 |
[38:22] | Yeah. | 太好了 |
[38:23] | And an Old Fashioned. | 还有一杯古典鸡尾酒 |
[38:23] | Keep ’em coming, good sir. | 继续拿酒来 先生 |
[38:27] | Can you, uh, start charging this card | 你能不能换刷这张卡 |
[38:30] | – instead of that other one? – Yeah, yeah. You got it. | -别刷那张了 -好的 没问题 |
[38:32] | – Thank you. – No problem. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[38:34] | You’re not maxing out your cards, are you? | 你不是把卡刷爆了吧 |
[38:37] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[38:39] | I’m, um, spreading the points around. | 我只是 分开来积分 |
[38:42] | I got a system. | 我有一套方法 |
[38:46] | That moron takes the bet. | 那个蠢材接受了赌注 |
[38:49] | He took 3 points. He’s a fool. Look, is it wrong… | 他拿了三分 他就是个笨蛋 难道… |
[38:54] | This guy over here. | 这边这个家伙 |
[38:57] | Yeah, he wants everyone to know what a big spender he is. | 他想让大家都知道 他出手很大方 |
[39:01] | I got every dollar the guy owns. | 那个人把全副身家都输给我了 |
[39:04] | We’re here to meet a celebrity | 我们是来和一位名人见面的 |
[39:07] | who’s donating to my charity. | 他要捐钱给我的慈善机构 |
[39:09] | Kevin Costner. | 凯文·科斯特纳 |
[39:10] | I-I will go stand in that corner. | 我去那个角落站着 |
[39:13] | You point me out — you’re meeting Kevin Costner. | 你把我指出来 说你要和凯文·科斯特纳见面 |
[39:17] | What? You don’t look like Kevin Costner. | 什么 你长得又不像凯文·科斯特纳 |
[39:20] | I look exactly like Kevin Costner. | 我长得超像凯文·科斯特纳 |
[39:22] | People are always coming up to me, | 总有人走到我面前 跟我说 |
[39:23] | saying they loved me in “Bull Durham.” | 他们很喜欢我演的《百万金臂》 |
[39:26] | Never. Never happened. | 并没有 从没发生过 |
[39:28] | – Always. – No, not once. | -经常发生 -一次都没有 |
[39:29] | Hey, you! | 你过来一下 |
[39:30] | – Yes, sir? – What is this? | -怎么了 先生 -这是什么 |
[39:32] | Dirty Martini? | 加了橄榄汁的马天尼 |
[39:33] | No, this is a $14 glass of puke. | 不 这是杯卖十四美金的呕吐物 |
[39:36] | Why don’t you get that idiot look off your face | 你还不快点丢掉那副蠢表情 |
[39:38] | and get me another one? | 去给我重做一杯 |
[39:40] | – That guy. – Who said anything about gin? | -那个家伙 -谁提过金酒了 |
[39:41] | – How do we get him? – Well, I want vodka. | -我们怎么拿下他 -我要伏特加 |
[39:45] | W-What — am I just gonna hold it here? | 怎么 我就这么拿着吗 |
[39:47] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[39:48] | You go and get me another one. | 你去给我换一杯 |
[39:49] | The — The trick with the coin you told me about? | 你跟我提过的硬币那招行吗 |
[39:52] | I know your boss. I’m an investor here. | 我认识你们老板 我是这家店的投资人 |
[39:54] | – Or the counterfeit bill? – No. | -还是假钞那招呢 -不 |
[39:55] | I know your boss, and I know your boss’ boss. | 我认识你老板 我还认识你老板的老板 |
[39:57] | That guy’s a real asshole. | 那家伙是个大混蛋 |
[39:58] | …act together and get me a real drink. | 机灵点 去给我弄一杯真正的酒 |
[40:01] | He needs to go down.Hard. | 必须狠狠地收拾他 |
[40:02] | What kind of menial job is this? | 你这办的什么事啊 |
[40:06] | Here’s what we’re gonna do. | 我们等会这么做 |
[40:08] | We’re gonna sell him a worthless credit card | 我们卖给他一张不值钱的信用卡 |
[40:10] | for 5,000 bucks. | 以五千美元的价格 |
[40:13] | Here’s what you do. | 你要做的是 |
[40:16] | Make eye contact with him. | 和他眼神接触 |
[40:18] | That’s all it’ll take for him to think you’re interested. | 只需这样做 他就会以为你对他有兴趣 |
[40:21] | I’ll act good and drunk, | 我假装喝醉了 |
[40:22] | and he’ll think I’m a loser and try to steal you away. | 他就会以为我是个窝囊废 想要把你抢走 |
[40:26] | He will persist. | 他会坚持到底 |
[40:31] | Tell him you can’t leave me. Not — Not yet. | 告诉他你不能离开我 现在还不行 |
[40:34] | Let him know you’re trying to roll me. | 告诉他你打算趁我喝醉 偷我的钱包 |
[40:36] | He’ll want in. | 他会想加入的 |
[40:38] | He’ll help you ply me with booze. | 他会帮你用酒灌醉我 |
[40:41] | Then you take my wallet. You lift the card. | 然后你就拿我的钱包 把我的卡偷走 |
[40:43] | Following this? | 懂了吗 |
[40:47] | We’re not actually doing this, right? | 我们不是真的要付诸行动吧 |
[40:50] | We’re just talking? | 我们只是说说而已吧 |
[40:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:57] | Just talkin’. | 只是说说而已 |
[41:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[41:09] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[41:11] | It’s not nothing. | 才不是没什么 |
[41:12] | – What? – I keep thinking… | -怎么了 -我一直在想 |
[41:17] | was there another way? | 当时有没有另一种办法 |
[41:20] | Another way? | 什么另一种办法 |
[41:23] | W– Chuck? Is that what you’re talking about? | 和查克吗 你是指那件事吗 |
[41:26] | Kim…he had us in a corner, okay? | 金 他把我们逼到了绝路 |
[41:29] | We did what we had to do. | 我们只能那样做 |
[41:31] | But Rebecca… | 可是丽贝卡… |
[41:32] | Everything that happened was his own fault. | 发生的这一切都是他的错 |
[41:36] | Everything. | 全都是 |
[41:37] | You put him in the rearview mirror. | 你不要再回想他的事 |
[41:39] | He is not worth thinkin’ about. | 他不配占据你的思想 |
[41:41] | Done. | 结束了 |
[41:49] | Why, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:50] | Have a good evening. | 祝您今晚愉快 |
[42:08] | How about that one? | 那个怎么样 |
[42:15] | I bet we could get him to… | 我打赌我们能让他 |
[42:18] | invest in some of Giselle St. Claire’s land in South Africa. | 投资吉赛尔·圣·克莱尔在南非的一些地 |
[42:22] | Oh, yeah. | 没错 |
[42:24] | Definitely. | 绝对可以 |
[42:26] | The mining rights would be all his. | 采矿权都能归他所有 |
[43:04] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[43:06] | He called me. | 他打电话给我了 |
[43:07] | For obvious reasons. | 原因很明显 |
[43:09] | Look, I’m not here to rip him off. | 我不是来骗他的 |
[43:11] | He has the stuff, right? | 他把东西带来了吧 |
[43:14] | I need to know what you’re planning. | 我要知道你的计划 |
[43:17] | What’s it matter to you? | 这跟你有什么关系 |
[43:19] | I know they’re for Salamanca. | 我知道这是为塞拉曼加准备的 |
[43:20] | Nitro pills. | 硝化甘油药丸 |
[43:22] | Your boss has heart problems. | 你老板心脏有问题 |
[43:24] | You already got it all figured out, | 你都已经猜到了 |
[43:26] | why’re you asking? | 为什么还要问 |
[43:28] | How you gonna make the switch? | 你打算怎么换药 |
[43:33] | Hector keeps the pills in his coat pocket. | 赫克托把药放在外套口袋里 |
[43:35] | When he hangs up his coat, I’ll make the switch. | 他把外套挂起来时 我就趁机把药换掉 |
[43:40] | He goes down. Then what? | 他倒下了 然后呢 |
[43:42] | His heart goes out. That’s it. | 他心跳停止 这样就行了 |
[43:45] | A lot of eyes on Salamanca. | 很多人盯着塞拉曼加 |
[43:47] | You do this, how are you gonna stop them | 如果你做了 怎么才能不让他们 |
[43:49] | from finding out it was you? | 发现是你干的 |
[43:54] | Are you tryin’ to tell me not to do this? | 你是想让我不要这么做吗 |
[43:56] | I’m not tellin’ you anything. | 我什么也没说 |
[43:58] | Just want to make sure you know what you’re getting into. | 只是想确保你知道自己将要面对什么 |
[44:01] | I’m not getting into anything. | 我没什么将要面对的 |
[44:03] | I’m in it. | 我已身陷其中了 |
[44:04] | I’ve got no choice. | 我没办法 |
[44:11] | Hector wants to use my dad’s business. | 赫克托想利用我爸的生意 |
[44:13] | My dad is a straight arrow. | 我爸是正直人 |
[44:14] | He won’t stand for it, | 他不会同意的 |
[44:15] | which means he goes to the police, | 这意味着他会去找警察 |
[44:18] | which means he’s a dead man. | 也意味着他死定了 |
[44:22] | And that’s not happening. | 绝对不能这样 |
[44:24] | You get caught, it could get worse. | 如果你被抓了 事情会变得更棘手 |
[44:26] | You don’t think I know who I’m dealing with? | 你以为我不知道在和谁打交道吗 |
[44:29] | No. | 是的 |
[44:31] | I don’t. | 你不知道 |
[44:50] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[45:12] | There are more people than the Salamancas to worry about here. | 还有比塞拉曼加更需要提防的人 |
[45:16] | Now, if you manage to pull this off | 如果你成功地 |
[45:18] | without a bullet in your head and switch those pills, | 把药片掉包了 而且还没被爆头 |
[45:22] | then switch ’em back. | 赶快把他们换回来 |
[45:26] | Switch them back? | 换回来 |
[45:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[45:29] | Anyone gets an itch about the medicine not working, | 如果有人察觉药片不起作用了 |
[45:32] | they’re gonna look at those pills. | 就会检查药片 |
[45:34] | You do this… | 照我说的做 |
[45:36] | Switch ’em back. | 把它们换回来 |
[45:43] | So… | 那… |
[45:44] | you gonna let us make this deal? | 你会让我们达成交易吗 |
[45:45] | You got the money? | 你带钱了吗 |
[45:50] | Good. | 很好 |
[45:53] | Now, before we do this… | 在交易之前… |
[45:55] | I’m gonna need one more thing from you. | 我还需要你一样东西 |
[46:08] | Yes? | 请讲 |
[46:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[46:12] | Miss Valco will see you now. | 瓦尔科女士可以见你了 |
[46:15] | Second door. | 第二扇门 |
[46:25] | Hi there. Come on in. | 你好 请进 |
[46:26] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[46:28] | I called quite a few times | 我给你们打过好几次电话 |
[46:30] | about an issue I’m trying to address. | 想解决一桩难题 |
[46:33] | Do you have your policy number? | 您记得保单号码吗 |
[46:36] | No. | 不记得 |
[46:38] | Can you just look up my name? McGill? | 你能查我的名字吗 麦吉尔 |
[46:46] | Charles McGill of Hamlin, Hamlin, McGill? | 哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所的查尔斯·麦吉尔 |
[46:50] | No, that’s my brother. | 不 他是我哥哥 |
[46:53] | I’m Jimmy. | 我叫吉米 |
[46:54] | James McGill. Solo practitioner. | 詹姆斯·麦吉尔 是个体律师 |
[46:59] | There you are. | 找到了 |
[47:00] | Looks like you’re all paid up through the year. | 上面显示您一年的费用都付好了 |
[47:03] | That’s sort of the issue. | 这就是难题所在 |
[47:05] | Long story short, | 我长话短说 |
[47:06] | through a series of unfortunate events, | 经历了一系列不走运的事情 |
[47:08] | my license has been suspended. | 我的执照被吊销了 |
[47:11] | Yes, I see that here. | 是的 我看到了 |
[47:13] | Right. Well, I was hoping I could get a refund | 没错 我在想你们是否可以把我停职 |
[47:16] | for the time that I won’t be a lawyer. | 这段时间里的保险金额退给我 |
[47:17] | Now, that’s only fair, right? | 这样才公平 对吧 |
[47:20] | I’m sorry, Mr. McGill. | 很抱歉 麦吉尔先生 |
[47:21] | It doesn’t work like that. | 这不符合规定 |
[47:23] | We don’t refund for unused malpractice insurance. | 我们无法退还未使用的职业过失保险金 |
[47:27] | But it’s a — it’s a lot of money for nothing. | 但这么多钱不就打水漂了吗 |
[47:31] | I understand it seems that way, | 我明白您的感受 |
[47:32] | but if one of your clients | 但如果您的委托人之一 |
[47:33] | decides they want to bring a suit against you, | 决定要对您提起诉讼 |
[47:36] | this continues your coverage. | 这将划入保险范围 |
[47:39] | That’s the thing. My clients? | 问题就在这 我的委托人 |
[47:42] | They love me. | 他们很爱我 |
[47:43] | And they would never bring a suit against me. | 他们绝对不会起诉我 |
[47:46] | I’m extremely lovable. | 我非常受人爱戴 |
[47:49] | I can see that. | 我能看出来 |
[47:50] | But it’s company policy. | 但这是公司规定 |
[47:55] | What about we put the insurance on hold? | 可不可以暂停保险呢 |
[47:57] | And then, if someone were to try to sue me — | 在这之后 如果有人想起诉我 |
[47:59] | which they won’t — then we just, uh, | 虽然几率为零 但一旦发生 |
[48:02] | kick that ol’ policy back into gear? | 再重启保险合同呢 |
[48:05] | I understand your situation. | 我理解您的处境 |
[48:07] | I do. | 真的 |
[48:08] | But there are rules preventing us | 但公司有防止我们停止 |
[48:09] | from stopping and starting coverage. | 或启动承保的明确规定 |
[48:12] | And I regret to inform you that… | 我很遗憾地告知您… |
[48:16] | when your license is reinstated next year, | 当您明年重新复职的时候 |
[48:18] | because of the suspension, | 您的保险费 |
[48:19] | your premiums are going to…go up. | 会受停职影响而… 上涨 |
[48:22] | Considerably. | 且数目不小 |
[48:25] | How considerably? | 此话怎讲 |
[48:33] | Looks like roughly… 150%. | 大约会涨… 150% |
[48:44] | God. | 我的天 |
[48:53] | Mr. McGill? | 麦吉尔先生 |
[49:04] | I… Mr. McGill, I’m sorry. | 麦吉尔先生 我很抱歉 |
[49:07] | I wish we could help you, but we just can’t. | 我们很希望能帮您 但心有余而力不足 |
[49:12] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[49:16] | It’s hard. | 太难了 |
[49:18] | Very, very hard. | 真的太难了 |
[49:21] | I’m just having a rough time. | 我最近过得很艰苦 |
[49:25] | I just need a break. | 我想休息一下 |
[49:27] | Just one break. | 就一下 |
[49:32] | And I know you — I know you can’t do anything, but… | 我明白 我知道你无能为力 但… |
[49:38] | I’m getting run out on this community service and… | 我为了做社区服务精疲力竭 |
[49:42] | getting ripped off left and right, and… | 惨遭蹂躏和剥削 而且… |
[49:46] | my car won’t start. | 我的车也坏了 |
[49:49] | My gal is disappointed in me, and my brother… | 我的女朋友对我很失望 我的哥哥… |
[49:57] | My brother is sick! | 我的哥哥病了 |
[50:01] | And he’s alone. | 而且他孤家寡人一个 |
[50:05] | I spent years caring for him, | 我照顾了他那么多年 |
[50:07] | and now he hates me. | 他现在却和我反目成仇 |
[50:10] | He’s the only family I got left, and he hates me. | 他是我唯一在世的亲人 他却恨我 |
[50:14] | He hates my guts. | 恨得咬牙切齿 |
[50:17] | Is this your brother, Charles? | 查尔斯就是你的哥哥吗 |
[50:21] | And I pretend not to care, but he’s my brother. | 我假装不在乎 但他毕竟是我亲哥 |
[50:24] | How can I not? | 我怎么能不在乎 |
[50:26] | He’s mentally ill. | 他得了精神病 |
[50:29] | He’s — He’s holed up in a house with no electricity. | 他把自己藏在一间没有电力的房子里 |
[50:32] | He’s working by the light of gas lanterns. | 他靠无铅汽油灯来过活 |
[50:35] | Wha– | 什么… |
[50:36] | He’s making mistakes with his clients. | 替委托人打官司的时候屡屡犯错 |
[50:38] | He’s mixin’ up numbers on important documents. | 还在重要的文件上把数字搞错 |
[50:42] | He — He — He had a complete mental breakdown | 他… 他在听证会上彻底地 |
[50:47] | at the bar hearing. | 精神崩溃了 |
[50:49] | Your brother — he had a breakdown in court? | 你哥哥… 在法庭上崩溃了 |
[50:53] | It’s in the transcripts. | 都写在法庭记录里 |
[50:57] | God. | 天 |
[50:58] | And I’m worried, I’m just — | 我很担心 我… |
[51:00] | If he screws up with one more big client… | 如果他再搞砸一个重要委托人的案子… |
[51:05] | it’s just gonna destroy him! | 将会毁了他的 |
[51:10] | Oh, don’t — don’t write — | 别… 别写… |
[51:13] | What are you writing? No, don’t write. | 你在写什么 别 别写了 |
[51:15] | I-I didn’t mean to say that. | 我不是有意要那么说的 |
[51:17] | I don’t want him to get in trouble with you guys | 我不想让他因为我而和你们 |
[51:20] | – ’cause of me. I — – Right. | -惹上麻烦 -是的 |
[51:22] | I’m sorry. I’m gonna go. | 很抱歉 我现在就走 |
[51:26] | You’re not gonna do anything, are you? | 你不会干任何事情对吧 |
[51:28] | I-I wouldn’t worry about it, Mr. McGill. | 换做我我就不担心 麦吉尔先生 |
[51:31] | Uh, please feel better. | 请振作起来 |
[51:33] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[51:36] | Just for– uh, forget. | 你别往心里去 |