时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | 《花花公子》 十八禁 | |
[00:29] | Jimmy, how’s that sweepin’ going? | 吉米 扫地扫得怎么样了 |
[00:33] | Goin’ good, pop. | 扫着呢 老爸 |
[00:38] | Hi. How are ya? | 你好吗 |
[00:39] | Hello, sir. | 你好 先生 |
[00:40] | Uh, I was wondering if maybe you could help me. | 不知道你能不能帮我个忙 |
[00:42] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[00:43] | Well, I drove into the city this morning. | 我今早开车进城 |
[00:46] | U-usually, I take the train, but I was in just such a rush | 通常我都搭火车 但今天特别赶时间 |
[00:49] | to get some medicine for my son, Freddie. | 急着给我儿子弗莱迪买药 |
[00:52] | He has epilepsy. | 他有癫痫 |
[00:55] | He had an attack this morning, but during his fit, | 今天早上发作的时候 |
[00:58] | he knocked the bottle of medicine out of my wife’s hand | 打翻了我妻子手中的药 |
[01:00] | and just — bam, one huge puddle. | 砰一声 撒了一地 |
[01:04] | That’s terrible. | 真糟糕 |
[01:05] | Well, long story short — drove into town, | 长话短说吧 我开车进城 |
[01:08] | bought the new medicine with every last nickel in my pocket, | 身上所有钱都拿去买了药 |
[01:11] | and then my car died. | 接着我的车就抛锚了 |
[01:14] | Oh, god, that’s — that’s just, uh… | 我的天 这实在… |
[01:15] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:16] | When it rains, it pours, right? | 屋漏偏逢连夜雨 对吧 |
[01:19] | I-I tried the ignition, just nothin’ — not firing. | 我试着发动 怎么也点不着 |
[01:24] | And, anyway, now I’ve convinced myself | 总之 我只知道 |
[01:28] | that Freddie’s gonna have another seizure | 在我带药回家之前 |
[01:29] | before I get back with the medicine. | 弗莱迪的癫痫随时会再次发作 |
[01:32] | So, i-if you can help me, I would be so grateful. | 要是你能帮我 我会感激不尽 |
[01:37] | Well, I could come out and check your car for ya. | 我可以帮你检查一下车子 |
[01:40] | You know, maybe it’s just a spark plug. | 可能只是火花塞的问题 |
[01:41] | I-I-I got a box of plugs back in the stockroom. | 我储藏室里有一盒火花塞 |
[01:44] | Thanks, and I-I appreciate that, | 谢谢 我很感激 |
[01:46] | but if you could possibly just spare $5 instead… | 但如果你能给我五块就好了… |
[01:49] | I’d rather grab a cab than take a chance with my old clunker. | 我宁可打车也不愿再折腾我那破车 |
[01:54] | Yeah, $5. | 好啊 五元 |
[01:56] | I-if you can spare it. | 如果能给的话 |
[02:04] | Yeah, okay, sure. | 行 当然 |
[02:07] | Dad, c’mere! | 爸 过来一下 |
[02:09] | C’mere! | 过来一下 |
[02:14] | Dad, it’s a rip-off, just like that bum from last week. | 爸 这是诈骗 跟上周那个乞丐一样 |
[02:19] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[02:19] | Every grifter in town knows that | 镇上的骗棍都知道 |
[02:21] | this is the spot to come for an easy handout. | 这里是骗取施舍的好地点 |
[02:24] | Grifter? Where in the world did you learn that word? | “骗棍” 你哪里学来的词 |
[02:26] | Dad, his story’s baloney. | 爸 他鬼话连篇 |
[02:28] | He probably doesn’t even have a son. | 他多半根本没有儿子 |
[02:30] | He’s conning you. | 他在敲诈你 |
[02:33] | Jimmy… What if you’re wrong? | 吉米 万一你错了呢 |
[02:37] | Y-you know what? | 这样吧 |
[02:40] | Sorry to bother you folks. I-I’m gonna get outta here. | 很抱歉麻烦你们 我这就走 |
[02:43] | – I-I’m gonna… – No, no, no, no, no. | -我这就… -不不不 |
[02:45] | – Dad. – No, no bother. | -爸 -不 不麻烦 |
[02:46] | Come on. Now, here. | 来吧 这儿 |
[02:52] | There’s $10 for you. | 给你十元吧 |
[02:54] | Sir, y-you’re — | 先生 你… |
[02:58] | That’s — that is so generous. | 真的很慷慨 |
[03:00] | Of course, and — and you know what? | 没事 这样吧 |
[03:01] | I’m gonna go back in the stockroom. | 我去后面储藏室 |
[03:02] | I’m gonna find those spark plugs. | 找点火花塞 |
[03:04] | Maybe we’ll get your car started for you, okay? | 或许能帮你把车发动 如何 |
[03:05] | Come on, Jimmy. Just man the till, okay? | 来吧 吉米 帮我看一会儿行吗 |
[03:08] | And I’ll just be back in a jiff, okay? | 我马上回来 |
[03:18] | How much for a carton of Kools? | 一条酷尔烟多少钱 |
[03:21] | 4 bucks. | 四块钱 |
[03:23] | Yeah, gimme a carton. | 好 来一条 |
[03:25] | Money first. | 先付钱 |
[03:42] | Gimme two cartons. | 来两条吧 |
[03:46] | Oh, gosh. | 天啊 |
[03:48] | These spark plugs are back here somewhere. | 火花塞分明就在这里 |
[03:49] | Just give me one more minute, okay? | 再给我一分钟好吗 |
[03:57] | Come on. | 快点吧 |
[04:14] | There are wolves and sheep in this world, kid. | 这世上有两类人 狼和羊 孩子 |
[04:19] | Wolves and sheep — | 狼和羊 |
[04:21] | Figure out which one you’re gonna be. | 想清楚你要成为哪一种 |
[04:33] | Wait. Just…Just… | 等等 |
[04:36] | Okay, I-I found the, um… | 好啦 找到了 |
[04:39] | Did he leave? | 他走了吗 |
[04:42] | Oh, did he just leave? | 他刚走吗 |
[04:45] | Sir! | 先生 |
[05:48] | Don’t let me interrupt. | 别让我打扰你 |
[05:50] | Sorry. You ready? | 抱歉 准备好了吗 |
[05:51] | Hey, come on. Let’s get this over with. | 走吧 赶紧把这事解决了 |
[05:55] | Thank you for seeing us. | 感谢您抽空见我们 |
[05:57] | We don’t wanna take up too much of your time, | 我们不想耽误太久 |
[05:59] | so I’ll get right to it. | 我就开门见山吧 |
[06:01] | Um, I regret to inform you that with the benefit of hindsight, | 很遗憾地告诉你们 经过事后回忆 |
[06:05] | Mr. Ehrmantraut will be amending his original statement a tad. | 厄门绍特先生决定小小地修改一下陈述 |
[06:09] | – A tad? – A wee bit. | -小小地 -一点点 |
[06:12] | He’s decided that he can no longer in good conscience claim | 他决定不能再昧着良心 |
[06:15] | claim that the gun found at the scene belonged to Tuco Salamanca. | 说现场发现的枪是屠库·塞拉曼加的 |
[06:18] | – So, whose gun was it? – Who’s to say? | -那是谁的枪呢 -谁知道呢 |
[06:21] | You know how many guns there are in Albuquerque? | 你知道阿尔布开克有多少枪吗 |
[06:23] | Somewhere between the number of rattlesnakes and grains of sand. | 少如响尾蛇 多则如沙粒 |
[06:26] | So…a lot. | 反正很多 |
[06:28] | Was it your gun, Mr. Ehrmantraut? | 是你的枪吗 厄门绍特先生 |
[06:30] | No, he’s not saying that. | 他没这么说 |
[06:31] | Can we hear it from Mr. Ehrmantraut? | 能让厄门绍特先生自己说吗 |
[06:34] | The gun wasn’t Salamanca’s. | 枪不是塞拉曼加的 |
[06:35] | That’s all I can tell you. | 我只知道这么多 |
[06:37] | You told us it was. | 你原来说是他的 |
[06:38] | You said Salamanca pulled it and pointed it at you. | 你说塞拉曼加掏出枪指着你 |
[06:42] | Well, he didn’t. | 他没有 |
[06:43] | – Why are you changing your story? – Good citizenship. | -你为什么要改陈述 -好公民嘛 |
[06:46] | Look, there was only one set of prints on the gun — | 枪上只有一个人的指纹 |
[06:48] | Salamanca’s. | 塞拉曼加的 |
[06:49] | How’s that gonna happen if it wasn’t his? | 枪怎么可能不是他的呢 |
[06:51] | That’s not really for my client to say, now, is it? | 这个就不能问我的委托人了 对吧 |
[06:54] | He’s not a forensics expert. | 他又不是鉴定专家 |
[06:57] | Who knows? Maybe it, uh, | 谁知道呢 说不定 |
[06:59] | fell from a passing bird’s beak, | 是从飞过的鸟儿嘴里掉下来的 |
[07:02] | and Mr. Salamanca caught it and tried to throw it away. | 塞拉曼加先生接住了枪想扔掉 |
[07:04] | I mean, the possibilities are endless. | 可能性多了去了 |
[07:06] | Did Salamanca threaten you, Mr. Ehrmantraut? | 塞拉曼加威胁你了吗 厄门绍特先生 |
[07:09] | We wanna put this guy away for years. | 我们想让他多关几年 |
[07:12] | The gun makes all the difference. You know that. | 枪是最关键的 你们知道 |
[07:14] | You gonna let this person victimize you twice? | 你想让他早点出来再次伤害你吗 |
[07:16] | Forget about the gun, all right? | 别说枪的事了 行吗 |
[07:18] | The gun was not Salamanca’s. | 枪不是塞拉曼加的 |
[07:19] | If you try to introduce it into evidence, | 如果你们要把枪纳为证据 |
[07:21] | Mr. Ehrmantraut will make himself available to the defense, | 厄门绍特先生会帮被告人辩护 |
[07:24] | and he will set the record straight, | 他会澄清是非 |
[07:26] | categorically and unequivocally. | 直截了当 毫不含糊 |
[07:32] | Did he threaten you or pay you off? | 他威胁你了 还是贿赂你了 |
[07:34] | Okay, that’s it. We’re done. Okay. Let’s go. | 够了 到此为止 走吧 |
[07:57] | You’re doing the right the thing. | 你没做错 |
[07:59] | This Salamanca character? | 这个叫塞拉曼加的 |
[08:01] | Maniac. | 简直是疯子 |
[08:03] | I had my own… | 我自己也 |
[08:06] | …thing with him. | 跟他打过交道 |
[08:08] | I didn’t wanna say it before because of conflict of interest, | 之前因为利益冲突啊啥的 就没有说 |
[08:11] | yadda yadda, but, yeah, he’s nuts. | 但是他确实是个神经病 |
[08:16] | I’m talking he had me hog-tied in the desert | 他把我五花大绑带到沙漠里 |
[08:19] | with a gun to my head. | 拿枪顶着我脑袋 |
[08:22] | Broke two guys’ legs right in front of me. | 当着我的面折了两个家伙的腿 |
[08:24] | If I hadn’t talked him down, he probably would’ve… | 要是我没说服他 他可能就把他们… |
[08:28] | I’ll spare you the gory details, but it was a deal and a half — | 血淋淋的细节就不谈了 总之很惨 |
[08:31] | not something you forget. | 让人永生难忘啊 |
[08:35] | And you’re telling me this why? | 你跟我说这些干嘛 |
[08:38] | Don’t be too tough on yourself. | 别太苛责自己 |
[08:41] | Like they say, discretion is the better part of valor. | 人们说 谨慎即大勇 |
[08:43] | I would’ve done the same thing. | 换我也会这样做 |
[08:46] | Hey, today, it’s on me — no charge. | 今天算我帮你 不收费 |
[08:52] | You take the next one. | 你搭下趟电梯 |
[08:55] | And bill me. | 照常收费 |
[09:00] | Ingrate. | 忘恩负义 |
[09:05] | Hey, Jimmy. | 喂 吉米 |
[09:06] | Did you tell Howard yet? | 你跟霍华德说了吗 |
[09:07] | I can’t really talk right now. | 我现在还不能说 |
[09:09] | You didn’t tell him. | 你没跟他说啊 |
[09:11] | No, and I won’t until it’s rock-solid, | 还没 等确定了我才能说 |
[09:13] | like offer-letter-in-hand solid. | 要等到录用通知书到手 |
[09:15] | When are you gonna get that offer letter? | 你什么时候能拿到录用通知书 |
[09:17] | I’m guessing next Thursday, | 下礼拜四吧 |
[09:19] | After my interview with the partners. | 跟合伙人面试过以后 |
[09:20] | – Yeah, but that’s just a formality, right? – Basically. | -那只是走个流程吧 -差不多 |
[09:23] | I hope. | 希望是 |
[09:24] | What’s the offer you think? | 到底给你开的什么条件 |
[09:26] | I mean, brass tacks. | 我是说实质的 |
[09:28] | Well, it’s not gonna be as much as your deal at Davis & Main, | 比不上你在戴维斯梅因律所的 |
[09:31] | but they’ll make me partner in two years, | 但是两年后可以成为合伙人 |
[09:33] | as opposed to somewhere between five years and never at HHM. | 而在HHM需要五年或者永远不能 |
[09:36] | Not too shabby. | 不错嘛 |
[09:37] | Yeah, and then there’s my law-school loans. | 还帮我还法学院贷款 |
[09:39] | What is that — a couple grand by now? | 还要还多少 几千块吗 |
[09:40] | I wish. | 只有几千就好了 |
[09:41] | I had to finance the whole thing | 我还有其他开支 |
[09:42] | and was only making mailroom money. | 当时还拿的是收发室工资 |
[09:44] | I’ve got like $15,000 left. | 还剩一万五没有还完 |
[09:47] | Schweikart wants you bad, huh? | 斯韦卡特还真是想挖你啊 |
[09:48] | But, J — but, Jimmy, | 但是 吉米 |
[09:50] | Did you have something you needed? | 你找我有什么事 |
[09:51] | No, no. I was just checking in. | 不不 就打电话问问 |
[09:53] | Uh, I’ll see you later, okay? | 一会儿见 好吗 |
[09:55] | If you play your cards right. | 如果你表现好的话 |
[09:56] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[10:06] | Omar, where are you? | 奥马尔 你在哪 |
[10:09] | Omar, would you be so kind as to take a letter for me? | 奥马尔 帮我写封信行吗 |
[10:12] | “Dearest Clifford…” No, that’s too much. | “最亲爱的克利福德” 不 太过了 |
[10:17] | “Dear Cliff…” | “亲爱的克利福” |
[10:19] | Whaddaya think — Clifford or Cliff? | 你觉得应该叫克利福德还是克里福 |
[10:21] | I don’t — it depends on what the letter is. | 我不知道 要看是什么信吧 |
[10:24] | That’s fine. Treat yourself. | 没事 你看着写吧 |
[10:26] | Uh, “Dear…” Whoever you put in. | 亲爱的 加什么都可以 |
[10:28] | Continuing — uh, “My heart is heavy as –“ | 接下来 “我的心沉重得就像” |
[10:33] | No, that sounds like a medical condition. | 不行 听起来像是生病了 |
[10:36] | Let’s go with, um, | 这么写吧 |
[10:38] | “It is with a heavy heart,” Okay? | “我怀着沉重的心情” 好吧 |
[10:41] | “It is with a heavy heart that I tender my resignation | “我怀着沉重的心情向戴维斯梅因律所 |
[10:45] | “to Davis & Main.” | “正式提交辞呈” |
[10:47] | “Tender” is better than “Submit,” Yeah? | 用”提交”比”上交”好吧 |
[10:49] | Resignation? | 你说辞呈吗 |
[10:50] | Yes, sir. | 是啊 |
[10:52] | So, “Tender,” Blah, blah, blah, “To Davis & Main. | “向戴维斯梅因律所提交… |
[10:56] | “These have been, uh, | “在这里工作的日子 |
[10:58] | “some of the most professionally satisfying days of my life…” | “是我一生中最有职业成就感的一段时期” |
[11:06] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[11:07] | Do you think I’m laying it on too thick? | 是不是说得有点过了 |
[11:09] | No, um… | 不是… |
[11:12] | I just didn’t realize how unhappy you were here. | 我只是没想到你在这里这么受气 |
[11:15] | Not unhappy, per se. | 不是受气 |
[11:17] | More like… Not happy. | 而是…不开心 |
[11:22] | I had no idea. | 我完全没看出来 |
[11:24] | It’s not your fault, buddy. | 不是你的错 伙计 |
[11:26] | It’s just — you’re top-notch. | 你很能干 |
[11:29] | Where were we? | 我们写到哪了 |
[11:29] | It’s just y-you worked so hard to get here, | 可是你那么努力才争取到这一切 |
[11:33] | and it’s so much to give up — | 现在放弃的话你会失去很多 |
[11:35] | I-I mean, the perks alone. | 单说你的特别待遇 |
[11:37] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:38] | The apartment is, uh… Yeah. | 公寓确实…不错 |
[11:41] | And the car. | 还有车 |
[11:43] | For the most part, car is pretty sweet. | 那辆车整体上是相当不错的 |
[11:45] | And the bonus. | 还有签约奖金 |
[11:48] | The bonus is a done deal. | 奖金已经到手了 |
[11:49] | It’s — they already cut me the check. | 他们早就把支票给我了 |
[11:50] | I get to keep the bonus. | 奖金我可以留着 |
[11:51] | Not if you quit. | 除非你辞职 |
[11:55] | Before a certain term — I think yours is a year — | 在一定时间内辞职 我记得你的是一年内 |
[11:58] | You have to pay the money back. | 你就要把钱还回来 |
[12:08] | It’s, um… | 是… |
[12:12] | Yeah, uh, um… | 这个… |
[12:15] | Uh, uh, yeah, it’s, uh… | 对 就是这里… |
[12:17] | I think it’s right, uh, there. | 应该是这儿 |
[12:19] | Yeah. | 我看看 |
[12:29] | Omar…That whole, uh, | 奥马尔 这个 |
[12:33] | letter-of-resignation thing | 辞职信的事情 |
[12:35] | that — I didn’t mean that, not a word. | 我不是认真的 一个字也不作数 |
[12:40] | I… | 我… |
[12:42] | I-I’m so incredibly stressed out. | 我只是 压力太大了 |
[12:47] | I’m stressed out. | 压力太大 |
[12:50] | And frank– to be honest, | 而且 坦白说 |
[12:52] | it has been more of an adjustment | 适应戴维斯梅因的工作节奏 |
[12:56] | than I expected here at Davis & Main. | 比我预想中更困难 |
[12:59] | And so I just — don’t repeat what I said to anyone. | 所以我有点 别把我刚才说的告诉别人 |
[13:04] | I figured something had to be wrong — | 我就觉得有些不对劲 |
[13:06] | I mean, really wrong because you like it here, right? | 肯定不对劲 因为你很喜欢在这里工作吧 |
[13:10] | I love it. | 爱死了 |
[13:12] | It — call it ?A momentary lapse of reason. | 刚刚 就当是一瞬间失去理智吧 |
[13:16] | And but just — | 我们 |
[13:17] | Let’s just rewind the tape and, you know, forget this happened. | 我们忘了这回事吧 |
[13:23] | Mum’s the word. No problem. | 没问题 绝对不说出去 |
[13:26] | Yeah, I feel better already. | 我感觉好多了 |
[13:27] | I — you know, sometimes, you have to say something out loud | 有时候必须把想说的大声发泄出来 |
[13:31] | to hear how crazy it sounds. | 才知道那听起来有多荒唐 |
[13:35] | Thank you, Omar. | 谢谢你 奥马尔 |
[15:37] | Hi, Jimmy Mcgill. | 你好 吉米·麦吉尔 |
[15:38] | Jimmy, this is Al Newman of Allied Funeral Homes. | 吉米 这位是联盟殡仪馆的艾尔·纽曼 |
[15:42] | Great to meet you, Al. | 很高兴见到你 艾尔 |
[15:43] | – Nice tie. – Thanks. | -领带不错 -谢谢 |
[15:46] | All right. Let’s get started, shall we? | 好了 我们开始吧 |
[16:12] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[16:13] | Hey, Doug! Got a juicer for the office! | 道格 给办公室弄了台榨汁器 |
[16:15] | Jimmy, it’s very loud! | 吉米 太吵了 |
[16:16] | – Brian, come on in! – We have clients out there! | -布莱恩 进来 -我们的委托人在外面 |
[16:19] | – Sure, you can! Two coming right up! – Jimmy — | -好的 两杯 马上 -吉米 |
[16:22] | Sometimes, it gets a little jammed. | 有时候塞太多会堵住 |
[16:24] | You just got to force it. Yeah! | 你得用力才行 像这样 |
[16:27] | Oh, shit! | 天哪 |
[16:30] | Shi– I’m — I’m spreading it around. | 该死 溅得到处都是 |
[16:32] | – Did I get you? – Nah. | -溅到你身上了吗 -没有 |
[16:32] | I — oh, now I got you with this. | 现在弄上了 |
[16:33] | For Christ’s sakes, Jimmy! | 天哪 吉米 |
[16:50] | Backwards only — solo backward-o, yeah? | 只能倒着来 明白吗 |
[16:54] | Because, uh, you’ve got suction that way, leverage. | 因为这样才有吸力 杠杆原理啥的 |
[16:57] | It’s physics — el physico! | 这是物理 物理 |
[16:59] | Oh, Don Clifford wants his floors clean — | 克利福德先生希望地板干干净净 |
[17:02] | limpio, limpiar. | 清洁干净 |
[17:04] | Uh. Comprende? | 明白吗[以上对话夹杂西语] |
[17:06] | Dude, I’m from Michigan. | 老兄 我是密歇根人 |
[17:08] | So you don’t understand a word I’ve been saying. | 所以我刚才说的你一个字都听不懂 |
[17:10] | Well… | 那好吧 |
[17:11] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[17:12] | No, you try. Backwards. | 来 你试一下 倒着吸 |
[17:26] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[17:27] | Can I have everyone’s attention, please? | 请大家注意一下 |
[17:29] | Everyone can hear me? Good. | 都能听见吗 很好 |
[17:31] | Frankly, this is not a conversation | 坦白说 我从没想到 |
[17:33] | I ever thought I would have in my professional career, | 在自己的职业生涯中要进行这种讲话 |
[17:35] | but it’s been brought to my attention | 但我注意到 |
[17:37] | that we have an ongoing situation in the washroom. | 洗手间出了状况 |
[17:40] | Someone is not flushing. | 有人上完不冲水 |
[17:42] | Once is an accident — maybe even twice. | 一次是意外 两次也是 |
[17:43] | Three times — no, that’s a pattern. | 三次就形成模式了 |
[17:45] | And we’re not talking about a number one. | 而且还不是小便 |
[17:47] | Yes. Thank you, Erin. | 是的 谢谢你 艾琳 |
[17:49] | Now, I’m not here to shame anyone — | 我不是来给谁难堪的 |
[17:51] | Nor do I even want to know who did it, but — | 我都不想知道是谁干的 但是… |
[17:53] | Uh, Cliff, it was me. | 克利福德 是我干的 |
[17:55] | Jimmy, I just said I didn’t want to know. | 吉米 我说了我不想知道 |
[17:57] | Hey, we need the water. | 我们要节约水 |
[18:00] | I read somewhere that the Santa Fe watershed | 我了解到圣达菲的水位 |
[18:02] | is down two full inches this year. | 今年下降了五厘米 |
[18:05] | Every time you flush a toilet, | 每冲一次水 |
[18:07] | you waste a gallon of water — a gallon! | 都会浪费一加仑水 一加仑呢 |
[18:10] | What could be greater than this? | 还有比不冲水更好的节约方法吗 |
[18:12] | They’re low-flow toilets, Jimmy. | 那些都是低流马桶 吉米 |
[18:14] | From now on, flush. | 从现在开始 你要冲水 |
[18:15] | Low-flow — that’s good. | 低流 不错啊 |
[18:18] | Good thinking. | 好主意 |
[18:55] | What is that? | 什么声音 |
[19:09] | Jimmy, what’s goin’ on in there? | 吉米 里面怎么回事 |
[19:13] | Jimmy! | 吉米 |
[19:14] | Oh, you could hear this through the door? | 你隔着门也能听见吗 |
[19:16] | I didn’t realize. I’m sorry. | 我没注意到 抱歉 |
[19:17] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你在干什么 |
[19:19] | Uh, I took your advice. | 我接受了你的建议 |
[19:21] | I’m blowing off steam. | 释放压力 |
[19:23] | Blowing off steam? | 释放压力 |
[19:24] | Yeah, yeah, like you and your guitar, you know? | 是啊 就像你弹吉他一样 |
[19:26] | Um, I got to say — you’re right. | 不得不说 你说得没错 |
[19:29] | I mean, it really helps with stress. | 这非常有助于缓解压力 |
[19:31] | I know I don’t sound very good, but I’m just learning. | 声音不怎么好听 但我刚学 |
[19:34] | I heard that the key is you have to keep this bag inflated. | 我听说关键是要一直让这个气囊充气 |
[19:37] | Enough! | 够了 |
[19:38] | Put that down. Now. | 赶紧给我放下来 |
[19:40] | I want you in my office. | 你来我办公室一趟 |
[19:51] | You win. | 你赢了 |
[19:53] | What do I win? | 我赢了什么 |
[19:54] | You’re fired. | 你被炒了 |
[19:56] | What? Cliff, if this is about the bagpipes — | 什么 克利福德 如果是因为那个风笛 |
[19:58] | It’s not about the bagpipes. | 不是因为那个风笛 |
[20:01] | Well, of course it’s the bagpipes. | 当然是因为风笛了 |
[20:02] | It’s the bagpipes, and it’s the not flushing | 是因为风笛 是因为不冲水 |
[20:04] | And this — this optical migraine you call a business suit. | 还因为你这身…扎眼的所谓西裝 |
[20:06] | It’s about — it’s about you keeping your bonus. | 是因为…是因为你想保住你的奖金 |
[20:11] | That’s what this is about. | 都是因为这个 |
[20:13] | Been brushing up on your contract law, haven’t you? | 你最近一直在温习合同法吧 |
[20:16] | You want outta here, clearly, | 你显然想离开这里 |
[20:17] | But you can’t just up and quit and expect to keep your bonus. | 但你不能辞职 否则奖金不保 |
[20:20] | And if I fire you for cause — | 如果我因为你的不当行为解雇你 |
[20:21] | Like I should have done for the TV commercial — | 在你拍广告时我就应该炒了你… |
[20:23] | Again, no bonus. | 奖金也没有 |
[20:24] | However, | 但是 |
[20:25] | if I fire you not for cause but for being an all-around jackass… | 如果无缘无故 就因为你是个混蛋而解雇你 |
[20:29] | Yeah.. Hurray for you. | 你就得逞了 |
[20:31] | If you think there’s been some malfeasance here — | 如果你认为我有什么渎职行为… |
[20:33] | Oh, save it. | 省省吧 |
[20:35] | I could fight you on this, but you’re not worth my time. | 我可以和你争 但我不想浪费时间 |
[20:38] | I’d rather just have you gone. | 你最好赶紧走人 |
[20:42] | I’m sorry you feel that way. | 你这么想我很抱歉 |
[20:44] | I’ll just, uh… pack up. | 我去…收拾东西 |
[20:48] | First… Do me the favor | 首先…行行好 |
[20:50] | of not treating me like a fool for once. | 不要把我当傻子 |
[20:53] | Tell me — how exactly did I mistreat you? | 告诉我 我到底对你哪里不好了 |
[20:55] | What did I do to deserve is kind of behavior? | 我到底做了什么让你这样对我 |
[20:57] | We gave you opportunities, encouraged you to excel. | 我们给了你机会 鼓励你发展 |
[21:00] | We got you a car, an apartment. | 给你配了车 配了房 |
[21:01] | Hell, that cocobolo desk. | 还有黄檀木办公桌 |
[21:03] | Do you see a desk like that in here? | 你在这儿看到过那样的桌子吗 |
[21:05] | You never gave this a chance. | 你根本没有认真考虑 |
[21:07] | Why? | 为什么 |
[21:10] | I tried to make it work — really, I-I did. | 我努力想要适应 真的 |
[21:13] | I’m just… a square peg. | 我只是…不适合这里 |
[21:16] | If you knew that, why did you take the job? | 如果你早就知道 为什么还要接受这份工作 |
[21:22] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[21:27] | How much was the desk? | 那张桌子多少钱 |
[21:29] | $7,000. | 七千 |
[21:33] | I’ll write you a check. | 我会给你开张支票 |
[21:35] | Fine, for whatever good that does. | 随便 虽然不知道有什么用 |
[21:37] | Take your desk and get out. | 带上你的桌子离开这里 |
[21:41] | Hey, Cliff, for what it’s worth, I think you’re a good guy. | 克利福德 不管怎样 我觉得你是一个好人 |
[21:47] | For what it’s worth, I think you’re an asshole. | 不管怎样 我觉得你是一个混蛋 |
[22:20] | 哈姆林先生 抱歉通知你 我将辞去 | |
[22:37] | Uh, yeah, it’s open. | 门开着 |
[22:41] | – Jimmy. – Hey. Can I talk to you for a minute? | -吉米 -我能和你谈谈吗 |
[22:45] | Does Howard know you’re here? | 霍华德知道你来吗 |
[22:46] | God, no. I snuck in. | 当然不知道 我溜进来的 |
[22:49] | Well, uh, yeah, but make it quick. | 好吧 但是快点 |
[22:51] | Actually, can we, uh, talk in the conference room? | 其实 我们能不能去会议室谈 |
[22:54] | Why? | 为什么 |
[22:54] | It’s just more appropriate. | 这样更正式 |
[22:56] | Um, no one’s gonna need it till 4:00 — I checked. | 四点之前没人要开会 我看过了 |
[23:00] | Please? | 行吗 |
[23:01] | 10 minutes, tops. | 最多十分钟 |
[23:04] | After you. | 你先请 |
[23:07] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[23:09] | What — what is going on? | 怎么…怎么回事 |
[23:10] | Spill it. | 说吧 |
[23:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:16] | Schweikart and Cokely will pay your debt to HHM | 斯韦卡特考科利会帮你付清欠哈姆林麦吉尔的债务 |
[23:18] | and make you a partner in two years, correct? | 并在两年之后将你提拔为合伙人吧 |
[23:21] | Apparently. | 显然是的 |
[23:23] | That’s the deal, yes. Why? | 是这么约定的 怎么了 |
[23:26] | Would you entertain a better offer? | 要不要考虑一个更好的工作机会 |
[23:28] | From whom — HHM? | 谁给的 哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所吗 |
[23:31] | From me. | 我 |
[23:34] | I’ll make you a partner tomorrow. | 我明天就让你成为合伙人 |
[23:37] | Consider that proof of concept — | 以此为证 |
[23:40] | Wexler-Mcgill, partners at law. | 韦克斯勒麦吉尔联合律所 |
[23:43] | You and me, together. | 你和我一起 |
[23:47] | If Schweikart can pay your debt, so can I. | 斯韦卡特可以帮你偿还债务 我也可以 |
[23:49] | And with my signing bonus, | 再加上我的签约奖金 |
[23:51] | you’ll have a clean slate. | 你就可以从头开始了 |
[23:52] | The sky’s the limit. | 前程无限好 |
[23:54] | Hey, we’re good together. | 我俩合作很好的 |
[23:56] | You know that. | 这你知道的 |
[23:57] | So, what’s stopping us? | 还犹豫什么 |
[23:58] | Let’s jump in with both feet, be our own bosses, | 全身心投入 做自己的老板 |
[24:02] | build our own future. | 共建我们的未来 |
[24:05] | “Be our own bosses.” | “做自己的老板” |
[24:08] | What about clients? | 哪里来的委托人呢 |
[24:09] | Mesa Verde just signed with you, didn’t they? | 你刚刚签了梅萨维德银行 是吧 |
[24:11] | It’ll be a hard sell to take them with me. | 想把他们挖走很难 |
[24:13] | So, then there will be another Mesa Verde. | 那就再找一个梅萨维德 |
[24:15] | That was all you, Kim. | 这全都靠你 金 |
[24:17] | You did it once. You can do it again. | 你能签下这个 再签一个有何难 |
[24:23] | You make it sound easy. | 你说得轻松 |
[24:24] | No. You’re talking to a guy | 不 你面前的这个男人 |
[24:26] | who lived in the back of a nail salon. | 可是在美甲店里蜗居了多年 |
[24:29] | No, this is gonna be a whole lot of blood, sweat, and tears — | 肯定要付出很多心血和汗水 |
[24:31] | at least, at the start. | 至少一开始肯定很艰难 |
[24:33] | But in the end, we’ll have a practice that is 100% ours, | 但是最终我们会拥有完全属于我们的生意 |
[24:36] | that’s worth it. | 很值得 |
[24:38] | Or we fail and end up with nothing. | 也有可能失败 两手空空 |
[24:41] | Well, you’re right — it’s a gamble. | 你说得对 这就是一场赌博 |
[24:42] | It’s a big one. | 这是一场豪赌 |
[24:43] | Yeah, but you’re betting on yourself, | 没错 但你是把赌注压在自己身上 |
[24:45] | and from where I sit, the odds are in your favor. | 就我看来 你赢的几率很大 |
[24:48] | You’re an amazing lawyer. | 你是一名出色的律师 |
[24:50] | This is your chance to show the world that. | 这是你向世界展示的机会 |
[24:56] | So, why not go to Schweikart? | 那我为什么不去斯韦卡特呢 |
[24:57] | They’ll make me partner, | 他们也会让我成为合伙人 |
[24:58] | and they are a solid, respectable firm. | 而且他们律所可靠 声誉又好 |
[25:00] | You can’t deny that. | 这一点无可否认 |
[25:01] | You deserve more than just a lateral move. | 你不该只满足于这样的横向调动 |
[25:04] | Bottom line — that’s what Schweikart represents. | 这就是斯韦卡特代表的 |
[25:06] | He’s just Howard Hamlin by a different name. | 他只是另一个霍华德·哈姆林罢了 |
[25:09] | You keep talking about me and Schweikart. | 你一直在说我和斯韦卡特 |
[25:10] | What about you and Davis & Main? | 那你和戴维斯梅因怎么办 |
[25:12] | That’s over. I quit today. | 结束了 我今天辞职了 |
[25:15] | Well, technically, I got fired. | 严格来讲 是我被炒了 |
[25:18] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[25:19] | It was mutual and a long time coming. | 互相看不顺眼 而且由来已久 |
[25:22] | That job was never the right fit for me. | 这份工作从一开始就不适合我 |
[25:24] | This is. | 这份才是 |
[25:30] | If we’re gonna be law partners, | 如果我俩要成为律所合伙人 |
[25:31] | I need to know one thing. | 有一件事我需要确认 |
[25:36] | What kind of lawyer are you gonna be? | 你会是什么样的律师 |
[25:39] | I don’t mean what kind of law are you gonna practice. I mean | 我不是指你要专攻哪一法律 我指的是 |
[25:43] | are you gonna play it straight, | 你会照章办事吗 |
[25:45] | or are you gonna… | 还是继续 |
[25:47] | be colorful? | 耍各种花招 |
[25:49] | I’m gonna play it straight, right down the line. | 我会照章办事 绝不出格 |
[25:53] | I’m gonna dot every “I,” and I’m gonna cross every… | 我会万分谨慎 |
[26:06] | There’s no point in me doing this if I can’t be myself. | 如果我不能做自己 那这又有什么意义 |
[26:10] | Every time I try to do things someone else’s way, | 每一次我照着别人的方法来做事 |
[26:13] | it blows up in my face. | 都会把事情搞砸 |
[26:14] | That’s what happened at Davis & Main. | 在戴维斯梅因律所就是如此 |
[26:16] | Look how that turned out. | 看看结果如何 |
[26:18] | I almost derailed your career, pissed everyone off. | 我差点毁了你的事业 惹毛了所有人 |
[26:23] | I’ve been trying to be the person someone else wants me to be for… | 我一直都努力活在别人的期望中 |
[26:27] | I don’t know how long. | 我也不知道有多久了 |
[26:28] | I mean, first, it was Chuck, | 一开始是查克 |
[26:30] | then it was you — and that’s not your fault. | 然后是你 这并不是你的错 |
[26:33] | That was my choice. | 那是我自己的选择 |
[26:34] | But if we’re gonna do this, | 但是如果我们要这么做 |
[26:36] | I got to go into it as me. | 我要做我自己 |
[26:38] | So, yeah. | 所以 没错 |
[26:41] | Colorful, I guess. | 继续耍花招吧 |
[26:44] | What do you say? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[26:48] | I just… | 我只是 |
[26:50] | I don’t see why it’s so important to you that we work together. | 我不明白为什么我俩非要在一起工作呢 |
[26:53] | I mean, we’re already… | 我们已经… |
[26:55] | Why do you need me for this? | 你为什么还要拉我入伙呢 |
[26:57] | I don’t need you — I want you. | 我不是需要你 我想要你 |
[27:01] | You’ve got me… | 你已经拥有我了… |
[27:04] | Just not as a law partner. | 只不过不是合伙人 |
[27:17] | I have to get back to work. | 我得回去工作了 |
[27:20] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[27:21] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[27:21] | No, I’m fine. | 没事 我很好 |
[27:25] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[27:29] | See you later? | 那一会见 |
[27:31] | Yeah. | 一会见 |
[27:39] | It’s move-in ready, as you can see. | 你也看到了 这房子可以拎包入住 |
[27:42] | And they’ve renovated within the past three years — | 在过去三年里已经重新装修过了 |
[27:44] | new floors, new kitchen. | 地板和厨房都是新的 |
[27:48] | And it’s a good amount of space. | 空间也很大 |
[27:53] | It’s not too much house, you think? | 这房子不算太过吧 |
[27:54] | No, not at all. | 一点也不过分 |
[27:57] | And look at that backyard. | 看看那后院啊 |
[27:59] | They’re leaving the playhouse. | 他们把小房子都留在这了 |
[28:00] | Isn’t that amazing? | 是不是很棒 |
[28:02] | Kaylee will go crazy for that. | 凯莉肯定爱死了 |
[28:04] | – You’ll never get her outta there. – I know, right? | -她肯定进去了就不想出来 -是吧 |
[28:08] | And the most important part — | 最重要的是 |
[28:09] | the schools are good and the neighborhood is great. | 周围的学校很不错 邻居也很棒 |
[28:12] | I called the local precinct and asked about the crime stats — | 我打了本警区的电话 问了犯罪率 |
[28:14] | they’re some of the lowest in the city. | 这里是市里最低的地方之一 |
[28:16] | Plus, I got a good vibe from him. | 而且 他的语气很好 |
[28:18] | Like, they sounded really responsive. | 听起来很负责任 |
[28:20] | That sounds perfect. | 这很不错 |
[28:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:24] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[28:25] | If you’re happy, I’m happy. | 你开心我就开心 |
[28:27] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[28:28] | Yeah, I do, but I’m — | 是 我喜欢 但是我 |
[28:31] | – But what? – It’s a lot of money. | -但是什么 -需要一大笔钱 |
[28:34] | I know — I’m like a broken record, but it is. | 我知道我一直唠叨 但确实要很多钱 |
[28:36] | You don’t worry about that. | 这你不必担心 |
[28:37] | We’ll make it happen, whatever the cost. | 无论多少钱都要买下来 |
[28:39] | – Mike. – Hey, I’m serious. | -麦克 -我说真的 |
[28:41] | Not another thought. | 别多想了 |
[28:43] | If you want it, it’s yours. | 你想要就买吧 |
[28:56] | How we looking? | 房子怎么样 |
[28:56] | Oh, it’s perfect. | 非常棒 |
[28:59] | – Let’s do it. – Fantastic. | -成交 -非常好 |
[29:01] | Do you have another hour? | 你们还有时间吗 |
[29:02] | We could go down to the office, | 我们可以去办公室 |
[29:03] | get the pre-approval in order, all that. | 申请贷款预批之类的 |
[29:05] | Oh, sounds good. We’ll meet you there. | 可以 我们在那儿见 |
[29:07] | Sure. See you in a few. | 行 一会儿见 |
[29:09] | Oh, I feel like I can finally breathe. | 我终于能松口气了 |
[29:12] | Good. I’m glad. | 行 我很高兴 |
[29:16] | You wanna ride together? | 你想坐我的车吗 |
[29:17] | No, I’ll follow you over. | 不 我跟着你开 |
[29:20] | Car looks good. | 车看起来还行嘛 |
[29:21] | Wouldn’t even know you so much as scratched it. | 连剐蹭的痕迹都看不出来 |
[29:23] | Yeah, um, my guy knows his stuff. | 没错 修车工技术好 |
[29:28] | Thank you, pop, for everything. | 爸 谢谢你做的一切 |
[29:40] | You go on now. | 开车去吧 |
[29:41] | – I’ll see you there. – ‘kay. | -我们在那儿见 -行 |
[30:40] | Sorry I almost lost you at that light. | 抱歉 刚才红绿灯差点把你弄丢了 |
[30:42] | No problem. | 没事 |
[30:49] | Watch the fish tank. | 小心鱼缸 |
[30:56] | To the left. | 左边 |
[30:57] | My left, my left. | 我左边 我左边 |
[31:01] | There. | 好了 |
[31:04] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[31:07] | Uh, yeah. | 行 |
[31:09] | It’s, um… | 还挺… |
[31:12] | Yeah. | 还行 |
[31:23] | What should I… do with this? | 这东西要怎么处理 |
[31:25] | Dump it on the side of the road — | 丢到路边去 |
[31:27] | That’s where I got it in the first place. | 我当初也是在路边捡的 |
[31:44] | – Hey, buddy. – Oh, no. | -给 伙计 -不用 |
[31:45] | -你帮了我大忙 -真的没关系 | |
[31:47] | How about a drink? | 去喝一杯呢 |
[31:48] | – I know I could use one. – No. | -我想喝一杯 -不用了 |
[31:49] | Come on. I’m buying. | 来吧 我请客 |
[31:50] | No, I’m good. Long drive. | 我真不用 开长途车 |
[31:52] | Cucumber water for the road? | 喝些黄瓜水再上路 |
[31:53] | I’m — I’m totally set. Thank you. | 没事的 谢谢 |
[31:55] | Gotta get home to my kids. | 得回家照顾孩子 |
[31:59] | How about you? | 那你呢 |
[32:00] | What are you gonna do now? | 你现在准备怎么办 |
[32:03] | Onward and upward. | 勇往直前 |
[32:06] | Thanks, Omar. | 谢谢 奥马尔 |
[32:07] | Drive safe. | 一路平安 |
[32:46] | Hello! | 你好 |
[32:47] | You’ve reached the law offices of James M. McGill, esquire. | 这里是詹姆斯·M·麦吉尔先生的律所 |
[32:51] | Kindly leave… | 请留… |
[33:09] | Hi. | 你好 |
[33:09] | You’ve reached the law offices of Jimmy McGill. | 这里是吉米·麦吉尔的律所 |
[33:12] | Please leave a message, | 请留言 |
[33:13] | and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. | 我会尽快回复 |
[33:16] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:23] | Summary judgments? Uh, yes. I’ve handled six. | 简易判决吗 是的 我处理过六起 |
[34:26] | Actually, one recently was quite complex. | 其实最近一起非常复杂 |
[34:29] | It was a litigation — the result of a nasty divorce. | 一起诉讼案 离婚不顺造成的 |
[34:33] | My client was suing her former company, | 我的委托人起诉她以前的公司 |
[34:35] | which she and her ex had split in their settlement. | 她和前夫在协议书中分了该公司的财产 |
[34:37] | The issues involved had me chasing case law for weeks. | 其中的问题让我研究了几周判例法 |
[34:40] | – Who heard it? – Judge Pittman. | -谁审理的 -皮特曼法官 |
[34:44] | That guy — he’s a handful, huh? | 他很难缠啊 |
[34:46] | Well, he can be a tough nut to crack, | 他有时候是很难搞 |
[34:48] | but he did rule in my favor. | 但他做出了有利我的判决 |
[34:51] | All right, enough about law, law, law. | 行了 别总说法律了 |
[34:53] | We know you’re good. | 我们知道你很棒 |
[34:54] | We know you know your stuff. | 我们知道你很懂行 |
[34:56] | Tell us about Kim Wexler. | 说说金·韦克斯勒 |
[34:58] | You started in the mailroom. | 你从收发室干起 |
[34:59] | – Is that right? – I did. | -是吧 -没错 |
[35:01] | I was there almost, uh, well, 10 years ago now. | 这大概是十年前的事了 |
[35:04] | Pulled yourself up by your bootstraps — I like that. | 一步一步往上爬 很不错 |
[35:07] | I see you went to UNM law. Are you from New Mexico? | 你上过新墨西哥大学法学院 你是新墨西哥人吗 |
[35:10] | Not originally. | 老家不在这 |
[35:12] | I’m from the Midwest, | 我是中西部人 |
[35:13] | Just a tiny, little town barely on the map — | 地图上都没有的小镇 |
[35:15] | You know, that Kansas-Nebraska border. | 堪萨斯和内布拉斯加交界处 |
[35:18] | You’ve never heard of it. | 你们肯定没听过 |
[35:19] | So, what brought you here? | 那你怎么到这儿来了 |
[35:22] | I guess… | 也许… |
[35:26] | Uh, one day, I just looked around at my life, at who I was, | 有一天 我回顾人生 回顾曾经的我 |
[35:29] | and realized if I kept going the way I was going… | 我意识到 如果继续走那条路的话 |
[35:31] | Which way was that? | 哪条路 |
[35:34] | Best case? | 最好的情况 |
[35:34] | Probably married to the guy that ran the town gas station. | 可能是嫁给镇上开加油站的那个人 |
[35:37] | Maybe cashiering down at the Hinky Dinky. | 也可能是在辛奇丁奇当个收银员 |
[35:40] | – The Hinky what? – Hinky Dinky. | -辛奇什么 -辛奇丁奇 |
[35:43] | It was our supermarket. | 我们那儿的超市 |
[35:46] | I just wanted something else. | 我只是想要其他的东西 |
[35:48] | What did you want? | 你想要什么 |
[35:53] | More. | 更多 |
[35:55] | Well, thanks for coming by. Always a pleasure. | 感谢前来 和你聊天真高兴 |
[35:58] | Great to put a face to the name. | 总算见到本人了 |
[35:59] | – Oh, thanks. – We are gonna put our heads together and discuss, | -谢谢 -我们要一起讨论一下 |
[36:02] | but I feel safe to say that you can expect | 但我可以保证 |
[36:03] | to hear from us by tomorrow at the latest. | 最晚明天就能给你消息 |
[36:06] | That’s… fantastic. | 那真是太棒了 |
[36:09] | I look forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[36:10] | We liked you when you came in here. | 你一走进来 我们就喜欢上你了 |
[36:12] | We like you more now. | 现在更喜欢你了 |
[36:13] | Well, thank you so much for taking the time, | 感谢你们抽出时间 |
[36:15] | and I will, uh, speak to you soon. | 稍后再聊吧 |
[36:19] | It was great to meet you, Lynne. | 认识你真高兴 琳恩 |
[36:20] | – You, too. – Perry. | -我也是 -再见 派瑞 |
[36:21] | Pleasure, Kim. | 幸会 金 |
[36:22] | – Howard. – It’s Rich, actually. | -霍华德 -其实我是里奇 |
[36:24] | Oh, my god. I’m so sorry. | 天啊 真是太抱歉了 |
[36:25] | No, no, no, no. I’m happy to be confused with Howard. | 不用 我很高兴你把我和霍华德弄混了 |
[36:28] | He’s a damn good-looking man. Don’t worry about it. | 他实在太帅了 别放在心上 |
[36:32] | Uh, come on. I’ll walk you out. | 来吧 我送你出去吧 |
[38:24] | Hi. I’m, uh, here to see Jimmy. | 你好 我想见吉米 |
[38:26] | He’s in a meeting. | 他正在开会 |
[38:27] | – A meeting? – Have a seat. | -开会 -请坐 |
[38:35] | And, listen — | 听好 |
[38:35] | I don’t ever want to hear the word “Permit” again. | 我不想再听到”许可证”这个词 |
[38:37] | Capisce? | 明白吗 |
[38:38] | It’s your funeral, dude. | 你会遭报应的 哥们 |
[38:41] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么 |
[38:42] | Just in the neighborhood. | 正好来附近 |
[38:44] | Great. | 好 |
[38:44] | Oh, and I want a dolly this time. | 这次我想要台移动摄影车 |
[38:46] | What kind? Western? Hustler? Pee-wee? | 哪种 “西方” “骗子” “小家伙” |
[38:49] | Hey, watch your mouth around the lady. | 在女士面前注意措辞 |
[38:51] | How the hell should I know? | 我哪知道 |
[38:52] | You’re the nerd. Just make it cheap. | 你才懂啊 便宜点就行 |
[38:54] | Now, go on. Get outta here. | 快去吧 |
[38:59] | I see you got your old car back. | 我看到你把旧车弄回来了 |
[39:01] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:02] | The kidney people wouldn’t take it. | 捐都捐不出去 |
[39:06] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[39:10] | Well, you finally got your cocobolo desk. | 你终于有张黄檀木办公桌了 |
[39:14] | Finally got my cocobolo desk. | 我终于有张黄檀木办公桌了 |
[39:17] | Feel like it’s a good omen for what’s next. | 这是个好兆头 |
[39:20] | And what’s that? | 什么好事 |
[39:22] | This. | 就这个 |
[39:23] | Solo practice, being my own man again. | 个体律所 又一次给自己打工 |
[39:31] | So, how’d it go with Schweikart? | 和斯韦卡特的见面怎么样 |
[39:32] | Uh, went well. | 挺顺利的 |
[39:36] | Should be getting their offer tomorrow. | 明天就能拿到录用通知书了 |
[39:38] | That’s fantastic. | 真不错 |
[39:40] | I’m really happy for you. | 我真为你高兴 |
[39:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[39:42] | You know what? We should celebrate. | 我们应该庆祝 |
[39:44] | Whataburger — on me. | 吃汉堡吧 我请客 |
[39:48] | I’m not taking the job. | 我不会接受那份工作 |
[39:51] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[39:52] | You were right — it’s time for me to be my own boss. | 你说得对 我应该做自己的老板了 |
[39:55] | Solo practice. | 个体律所 |
[40:00] | What? You don’t think it’s a good idea now? | 怎么 你又觉得这么做不好了 |
[40:03] | Don’t tell me you’ve changed your mind. | 别告诉我你改变主意了 |
[40:05] | No, I’m — I’m surprised, is all. | 不 我很惊讶而已 |
[40:09] | Hey, I s– I said all along, | 我一直都说 |
[40:11] | you’re too good for those clowns. | 你太优秀 那帮乡巴佬不配 |
[40:13] | I mean, this is, uh… | 这实在是… |
[40:14] | Shit, yeah. Wow! | 棒极了 |
[40:17] | It’s great. | 太棒了 |
[40:18] | Good. | 好 |
[40:20] | To that end… I have a pitch for you. | 为此 我有个提议 |
[40:31] | Not Wexler-McGill, but Wexler… | 不是韦克斯勒麦吉尔 而是韦克斯勒 |
[40:35] | and McGill. | 以及麦吉尔 |
[40:38] | We find an office, share the housekeeping costs, | 我们找间办公室 平摊物业费 |
[40:41] | the rent, electricity — everything. | 房租 电费 一切 |
[40:44] | But I am Kim Wexler, attorney at law, | 但我是律师金·韦克斯勒 |
[40:46] | and you are Jimmy McGill, attorney at law, | 你是律师吉米·麦吉尔 |
[40:48] | both free to practice as we see fit. | 我们都可以按自己意愿执业 |
[40:52] | Separate firms under one roof? | 同一屋檐下两间律所 |
[40:54] | We’re both headed uptown, so why can’t we share a taxi? | 我们都要出城 为什么不拼车呢 |
[40:57] | You do things your way, and I do them mine. | 你按你的方式来 我按我的来 |
[41:01] | We’ll have freedom, | 我们有自由 |
[41:02] | but we aren’t each trying to go it alone. | 但也不会孤军奋战 |
[41:07] | Not partners — solo practitioners, together. | 不是合伙人 而是一起工作的个体律师 |
[41:13] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[41:15] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道说什么好 |
[41:18] | Say yes. | 说同意吧 |