时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:51] | Now you don’t have to search the world for the perfect gift. | 再也不必踏遍世界寻找完美礼物啦 |
[00:54] | Handmade in the tradition of ancient artists… | 传统工艺 手工制作 |
[00:56] | – Ch-ch-ch-chia! – …It’s new chia pets! | -长草娃娃 -全新长草娃娃宠物 |
[00:59] | Chia elephant, chia cow, and chia lion cub. | 长草象娃娃 牛娃娃 还有小狮崽 |
[01:02] | It’s easy. | 步骤简单 |
[01:03] | Soak your chia overnight, spread the seeds… | 将长草娃娃在水里泡一晚 撒上种子… |
[01:07] | …Call roll. | 点名 |
[01:11] | Mr. Aka. | 阿卡先生 |
[01:25] | …Resident of a Sandpiper Crossing facility | 矶鹞渡生活协助中心 |
[01:27] | or similar retirement community, | 或是其他类似退休社区的居民 |
[01:28] | you may be eligible to receive compensation. | 你也许有资格获得补偿 |
[01:31] | Residents of some Sandpiper Crossing | 矶鹞渡生活协助中心 |
[01:33] | or similar retirement communities | 或其他类似退休社区的居民 |
[01:35] | may have been overcharged for goods and services. | 可能因商品和服务被超额收费 |
[01:38] | In partnership with the law offices of Hamlin, Hamlin & Mcgill, | 与哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所合作 |
[01:42] | the law offices of Davis & Main are working to help those | 戴维斯梅因律所致力于帮助 |
[01:45] | who have been overcharged by their retirement communities. | 被退休社区超额收费的居民 |
[01:48] | For your free consultation, | 如需免费咨询 |
[01:49] | Call Davis & Main at 505-242-7700. | 请拨打戴维斯梅因律所505-242-7700 |
[01:54] | 505-242-770… That’s 505-242-770… | |
[05:54] | You’ve reached Kim Wexler. Please leave a message. | 这是金·韦克斯勒的语音信箱 请留言 |
[05:59] | *Someday, you’ll see me* | *某天你会看见我* |
[06:03] | *Floatin’ in the sunshine* | *漂浮在灿烂阳光里* |
[06:07] | *My head stickin’ out from a low-flyin’ cloud* | *低飞的云朵里我探出头* |
[06:13] | *You’ll hear me call you* | *你会听见我呼唤* |
[06:17] | *Singin’ through the sunshine* | *歌声穿透阳光* |
[06:22] | *Sweet and clear as can be* | *甜美清澈至极* |
[06:29] | *Bali ha’i will whisper* | *巴里海轻声细语* |
[06:34] | *on the winds of the sea* | *乘着海洋之风* |
[06:38] | *Here am I, your special island!* | *我在这儿 你的独特岛屿* |
[06:42] | *Come to me, come to me!* | *到这儿来 到这儿来* |
[06:47] | *Bali ha’i, bali ha’i* | *巴里海 巴里海* |
[06:53] | *Bali ha’i* | *巴里海* |
[06:58] | All right, there you go. | 好啦 就这样 |
[06:59] | That completes our weeklong tour of “South Pacific.” | 为期一周的《南太平洋》音乐剧巡演到此为止 |
[07:03] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[07:04] | Tomorrow we begin our exploration | 明天我们开始探索 |
[07:07] | of The Carpenters’ catalogue. | 卡朋特乐队的曲目 |
[07:08] | Of course, I’m open to requests. That’s right. | 当然我也接受点歌 没错 |
[07:11] | All you got to do is call me, any time. | 你只需要拨电话给我 随时欢迎 |
[07:15] | All right? | 好吗 |
[07:16] | Uh…Bye. | 再见 |
[07:18] | Call me. | 打给我 |
[07:20] | Boundaries, Mrs. Nguyen. | 注意界限 阮女士 |
[07:22] | Boundaries. | 注意界限 |
[07:23] | Why are you here? You lose that job already? | 你在这儿干嘛 饭碗这么快就搞丢啦 |
[07:26] | I should be so lucky. | 我最好有那么幸运 |
[07:27] | You don’t like your job? | 你不喜欢你的工作吗 |
[07:29] | Boo-hoo. Poor baby. | 可怜的孩子 |
[07:31] | You know, some people work for a living. | 你可知道有些人忙于生计 |
[07:33] | No one gives us free cars. | 可没人派给我们免费用车 |
[07:35] | – So why are you here? – This place is paid up. | -你到底来这做什么 -我付了这儿房租 |
[07:38] | I’m within my rights as your legal tenant. | 身为合法房客我有权利待在这 |
[07:40] | That’s all you need to know. | 你只需要知道这点 |
[07:42] | Do I smell coffee? Have you got a pot on? | 是咖啡香吗 你在煮咖啡吗 |
[07:44] | Why? | 怎么 |
[07:46] | How about a fill-up? | 帮我来一杯如何 |
[07:47] | You can afford to buy your own. | 你自己买得起 |
[07:50] | Faster I get coffee, the faster I’m out of here. | 咖啡越早来 我就越快走 |
[08:01] | Chào các cô, ladies! | 你好 女士们 |
[08:19] | Son of a… | 该死的… |
[08:56] | You haven’t unpacked yet? | 你东西还没有整理好 |
[08:58] | Kevin and Paige are here. | 凯文和佩奇到了 |
[09:01] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[09:30] | I don’t know exactly what Chuck may have said to you, | 我不清楚查克具体跟你说了什么 |
[09:32] | but just so you know, i did not ask him to step in on my behalf. | 但你要知道 我并没有要求他帮我说话 |
[09:56] | Hi, guys. Sorry for the wait. | 你们好 抱歉久等 |
[09:58] | – Not a problem. – Hi. | -没关系 -你好 |
[10:00] | Wonderful to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[10:01] | – Howard. – Kevin. | -霍华德 -凯文 |
[10:02] | Hi, Kim. Good to see you two. | 你好 金 很高兴见到你们俩 |
[10:03] | Hi, Paige. Hi, Kevin. | 你好 佩琪 你好 凯文 |
[10:05] | Kim, great to see you. | 金 很高兴见到你 |
[10:06] | – Please, have a seat. – Thank you. | -请坐 -谢谢 |
[10:08] | Kevin, how’s your grandson? | 凯文 你孙子怎么样了 |
[10:09] | Oh, outta control, | 管不住啊 |
[10:11] | just running circles around all of us. | 围着我们团团转 |
[11:12] | Hello. Can I help you? | 你好 有什么事吗 |
[11:16] | You know why I’m here? | 你知道我为什么来吗 |
[11:19] | He needs an answer. | 他需要你的答复 |
[11:27] | Respectfully, I’m gonna have to say no. | 不好意思 我不得不拒绝 |
[11:35] | You sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[11:37] | I am. | 确定 |
[12:48] | Your honor, the defense has made the very reasonable request | 法官大人 被告的请求很合理 |
[12:51] | that the plaintiffs produce their medical records | 请求原告公开医疗记录 |
[12:53] | or, barring that, a signed HIPAA release | 或已签字的HIPPA授权书 |
[12:55] | so that we can examine the records ourselves. | 以便我方自行检查记录 |
[12:58] | Your honor, our clients’ medical records | 法官大人 我方委托人的医疗记录 |
[13:00] | have no bearing on the merits of this case. | 与此案内在是非毫无关联 |
[13:02] | The medical records are plainly relevant, | 医疗记录与此案关联显著 |
[13:04] | as they bear directly on our contention that | 因为它们与我方观点联系紧密 |
[13:06] | the plaintiffs are not adequate class representatives. | 即这些原告人并不能充分代表集体诉讼 |
[13:09] | This is a transparent attempt at intimidation. | 这显然是想胁迫原告人 |
[13:11] | – Nothing more. – How so? | -仅此而已 -为什么 |
[13:14] | Many of our clients have information | 我方委托人的医疗记录里 |
[13:15] | in their medical records that they prefer to keep private. | 大多都有不愿公开的隐私信息 |
[13:18] | They’re fearful, as any of us would be, | 他们和我们一样害怕 |
[13:20] | at the thought of a bunch of strangers | 一群陌生人 |
[13:21] | poking around in their personal files, | 偷看他们的私人资料 |
[13:22] | and by forcing them to reveal this information, | 如果强迫他们公开这部分信息 |
[13:24] | the defense is banking on them simply dropping out of the case. | 被告就是在胁迫他们撤诉 |
[13:27] | Your honor, this is about class certification. That’s all. | 法官大人 这只是集体诉讼确认而已 |
[13:31] | If the named plaintiffs are suffering from dementia | 如果名单中的原告人患有痴呆 |
[13:33] | or other mental deficiencies — | 或其他精神缺陷 |
[13:34] | you’re saying they’re incompetent? | 你是说他们没有行为能力吗 |
[13:35] | I’m saying we have the right to any record | 我是说为了集体诉讼确认 |
[13:36] | that would speak to their competency, | 我们有权获得证明原告 |
[13:38] | as regards this class-certification issue. | 具备行为能力的任何资料 |
[13:40] | Your honor, it seems that the defense wants to have it both ways, then. | 法官大人 被告方似乎想两者兼得 |
[13:42] | If our clients are suffering from dementia, | 如果我方委托人患有痴呆 |
[13:44] | then the residency contracts they signed with Sandpiper | 那么他们最初和矶鹞渡签署住宿合同时 |
[13:46] | couldn’t have been entered into knowingly. | 就不可能是知情的 |
[13:47] | No, no. That is not what we’re… | 不不 我们不是这个意思 |
[13:48] | The defense wants to claim | 被告想声称 |
[13:50] | that their residents are competent enough to be held to their contracts | 居住者有能力签署合同 |
[13:52] | but too incompetent to sue. | 却没有能力起诉 |
[13:55] | So which is it? | 这不是很矛盾吗 |
[13:56] | Many of the residents signed their contracts years ago, | 许多居住者是很多年前签署合同的 |
[13:58] | and at the time, they were perfectly competent. | 那时候他们完全有行为能力 |
[14:01] | But that can change, | 但这是会变的 |
[14:03] | especially when we’re talking about elderly individuals. | 尤其是年岁已高的居住者 |
[14:05] | Or maybe sandpiper preyed on mentally incompetent seniors | 那么也许矶鹞渡专挑有精神疾病的老年人 |
[14:08] | and bilked them out of their money. | 骗走了他们的钱财 |
[14:09] | Miss Wexler. | 韦克斯勒小姐 |
[14:12] | I am simply trying to defend our clients | 我只是在为我方委托人辩护 |
[14:14] | from bullying by the defense. | 免受被告方欺压 |
[14:16] | Your honor, as stated in the brief in front of you, | 法官大人 正如您面前的报告中所述 |
[14:19] | this is a standard request, | 这是个标准申请 |
[14:20] | granted in every case of its kind. | 在同类案件中均被允许 |
[14:22] | This is not about bullying. | 这不是欺压 |
[14:24] | Granting this invasion of privacy | 允许这样的隐私侵犯 |
[14:26] | allows our clients to be doubly victimized. | 会让我们的委托人二次受害 |
[14:29] | I ask that you deny the defense’s motion, your honor. | 我请求您拒绝被告的动议 法官大人 |
[14:32] | I’m leaning toward granting the motion, | 我倾向于允许这一申请 |
[14:34] | but I would like to review the pleadings and briefs again. | 但我想重读一下诉状和简述 |
[14:37] | I’ll have my decision for you shortly. | 我会很快答复你们 |
[14:40] | Adjourned. | 休庭 |
[14:47] | I’m gonna meet you back at the office. | 回办公室再见 |
[14:58] | Ms. Wexler. Hey. | 韦克斯勒小姐 你好 |
[15:00] | I just wanted to say, good work in there. | 我只想说 你刚才表现很好 |
[15:03] | Thanks, but I — I’m pretty sure I lost. | 谢谢 但我肯定输了 |
[15:06] | Oh, of course you did. It’s an unwinnable position. | 当然了 这种情况你赢不了的 |
[15:08] | That’s why your boss didn’t bother showing up. | 所以你上司都懒得出面 |
[15:10] | But you went down swinging, and I admire that. | 但是你坚持不懈 虽败犹荣 我很欣赏 |
[15:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:15] | What are you doing for lunch? | 你午餐有什么安排 |
[15:18] | Um, probably just grabbing something from the vending machines. | 可能就在自动贩卖机买点吧 |
[15:22] | We can do better than that. | 我们可以吃好一点嘛 |
[15:26] | Mr. Schweikart, good to see you, sir. | 斯韦卡特先生 很高兴见到你 |
[15:27] | – Ah, how you doing, Sean? – Very well. | -你好吗 肖恩 -我很好 |
[15:29] | Can I get some drinks for you two? Your usual Moscow Mule? | 要什么喝的 您还是要莫斯科之骡吗 |
[15:31] | Absolutely. You want one? | 肯定的 你要吗 |
[15:33] | Best Moscow Mule in the city. | 全市最好的莫斯科之骡 |
[15:37] | Fresh ginger, real copper mug, the works. | 新鲜的生姜 纯铜杯 很正宗 |
[15:40] | That’s very vintage, but I’m good. | 真是复古 我不用了 |
[15:43] | Just an iced tea. | 冰茶就可以了 |
[15:44] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[15:46] | All right, then. I’ll be the sole degenerate | 那好吧 我就独自做一个 |
[15:48] | who’s drinking in the middle of a work day. | 工作日中午喝酒的堕落汉吧 |
[15:50] | That, too, is vintage. | 那也很复古了 |
[15:52] | I’ll get those started. | 我去让他们调 |
[15:56] | So, you’ve been with HHM, what — 10 years? | 所以你在哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所十年了 |
[16:01] | Y-yeah, last August. | 没错 去年八月满十年 |
[16:03] | And you started in the mail room? | 你是从收发室做起的吗 |
[16:05] | I did. I was six years there. | 没错 我在那干了六年 |
[16:07] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[16:09] | Oh, I asked around. It’s a small town. | 我问别人的 这地方很小 |
[16:11] | You know, it sounds like you certainly paid your dues. | 听上去你已经尽职尽责了 |
[16:14] | I was very fortunate. | 我运气很好 |
[16:15] | HHM put me through law school while I worked. | 律所一边让我工作 一边供我读完法学院 |
[16:18] | That’s great that they foster talent like that. | 他们很会培养人才啊 |
[16:20] | And I imagine you’re paying it off as part of your deal? | 现在你给他们工作 就当还债是吧 |
[16:22] | Yeah, happily. | 是的 我很乐意 |
[16:23] | It’s a pretty standard arrangement. | 好多人都是这样的安排 |
[16:25] | I have to say, watching you in court today, | 我得说 今天看你在法庭上 |
[16:28] | it sure did bring back some old memories for me. | 确实勾起我不少回忆 |
[16:30] | One in particular, anyway. | 反正让我想起了一件事 |
[16:32] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[16:33] | I was a year out of law school at this firm in Boston, | 我当时从法学院毕业一年 在波士顿一家律所 |
[16:36] | and I was finally put on my first big case — | 我终于接了第一个大案子 |
[16:38] | This huge employment-discrimination suit. | 一桩大型就业歧视案 |
[16:40] | That thing kept us in billing for a decade. | 这案子让律所十年都有活干 |
[16:43] | Anyway, we landed this monster, | 总之 我们接了这单大的 |
[16:46] | and I find out I’m second chair to one of the partners | 而且我成为了预审听证时 |
[16:48] | on the preliminary hearing, | 一位合伙人的助理律师 |
[16:49] | and I think, “This is it. | 我就想 “就是它了 |
[16:52] | “This is what will define the rest of my career.” | “我之后的职业生涯全靠这一搏了” |
[16:55] | So, the hearing’s getting closer and closer, | 听证会越来越近 |
[16:57] | I even get this new suit that I can’t afford — | 我甚至买了一件负担不起的西装 |
[16:59] | I split it over three credit cards. | 我分三张信用卡刷的 |
[17:01] | I’m probably still paying it off to this day. | 可能现在还在还钱 |
[17:05] | So, I go in bright and early, I’m wearing my new suit, | 我一大早就去了 穿着我的新西装 |
[17:08] | prepping my table, and in walks the opposing counsel. | 准备桌上的材料 这时抗辩方走进来 |
[17:11] | There’s four of them — one senior partner | 他们有四个人 一个高级合伙人 |
[17:14] | and three high-level associates. | 还有三个高级律师 |
[17:16] | These guys have been litigating longer than I’ve been alive. | 我还没出生他们就开始干这行了 |
[17:19] | But I think, “Mm, I’m good. | 但我想的是 “没什么大不了的 |
[17:22] | “I got my boss coming. It’ll be fine.” | “我老板来了就没事了” |
[17:25] | So, I’m sitting alone, at my table, | 我就一个人坐在桌前 |
[17:28] | waiting for my boss to show. | 等着老板现身 |
[17:31] | And I’m waiting. | 我等啊等 |
[17:32] | And I’m waiting. | 等啊等 |
[17:34] | And then, suddenly, they’re calling us to order, | 突然 他们宣布开庭 |
[17:35] | and I realize that no one from my firm is coming. | 我才意识到我的律所没人来 |
[17:38] | It’s just me. | 只有我一个 |
[17:40] | So I think, “All right, then. | 我心想 “好吧 |
[17:42] | “This is the moment.” | “是时候了” |
[17:44] | And I get up there, and I argue like my life depended on it. | 我上前拼了老命地辩论 |
[17:47] | I’m sweating, and I’m citing statutes left and right. | 汗流浃背 旁征博引 |
[17:50] | And I’m doing okay. Respectable. | 我表现得还行 |
[17:53] | But I’m just a BB gun to these four howitzers. | 但我这把BB枪难敌四架榴弹炮 |
[17:59] | And I lose, of course. | 我当然输了 |
[18:01] | It was inevitable. | 不可避免 |
[18:03] | But later, it hit me | 但之后我突然意识到 |
[18:05] | that my boss never intended to show. | 我的老板根本就没打算到场 |
[18:09] | And they all laughed about it. | 他们都一笑而过 |
[18:11] | They patted me on the back, said it was my trial by fire, | 拍着我背说 那是对我的考验 |
[18:13] | and I laughed with them, but, you know, | 我也跟他们一起笑 但你知道 |
[18:16] | It never really sat well with me. | 我觉得很不好受 |
[18:18] | You want them to have your back. | 你需要他们的支持 |
[18:21] | Because at the end of the day, | 因为最后我才知道 |
[18:22] | it wasn’t about proving my mettle. | 那不是为了考验我的勇气 |
[18:25] | My boss had a tee time that he didn’t want to miss. | 而是我老板不想错过高尔夫 |
[18:30] | I wasn’t there long. | 我在那儿没待多久 |
[18:36] | Could I ask why we… are here? | 可以问下你为什么叫我…来这吗 |
[18:41] | You know, I’ve had my eye on you for a while. | 我已经注意你很久了 |
[18:44] | Since that Kettleman thing. | 自从凯特尔曼一案开始 |
[18:45] | That was an excellent deal you got for him. | 你真是为他搞定了一桩极好的案子 |
[18:48] | And I’m wondering why someone | 我想知道为什么 |
[18:50] | who could put together a deal like that | 一个可以搞定那一单的人 |
[18:53] | is arguing a losing position with no backup. | 没有后援 明知要输 却还要辩护 |
[18:57] | I have no complaints about HHM. | 我对哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所没有怨言 |
[19:00] | That’s great. | 很好 |
[19:02] | However, if on the off chance, if you’re pondering a change, | 但是 如果你碰巧正在寻求改变 |
[19:06] | Schweikart and Cokely would be more than happy | 斯韦卡特考科利会很乐意 |
[19:08] | to put your talents to good use. | 善用你的才华 |
[19:12] | Of course, we’d have to have a more formal meeting, | 当然我们得有更正式的会面 |
[19:13] | work out specifics, but we think you would be a great fit. | 讨论细节 但我们认为你会非常合适 |
[19:22] | Well, I’m — I’m flattered, | 我受宠若惊 |
[19:23] | but there’s clearly an ethical issue here. | 但这明显存在职业道德问题 |
[19:26] | Well, of course, we’d take you off Sandpiper. | 当然是等你弄完矶鹞渡的案子 |
[19:28] | And rest assured, | 你放心 |
[19:29] | we wouldn’t be expecting any information | 我们不想要哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所的 |
[19:31] | about HHM strategy. | 任何策略信息 |
[19:32] | Look, we’re a large, diversified firm. | 我们是一家大规模多元化的律所 |
[19:36] | And just think what you can do with our resources | 想想你可以用我们的资源成就什么 |
[19:39] | and the freedom to really spread your wings. | 可以自由地展翅翱翔 |
[19:46] | That’s… | 这… |
[19:49] | I owe a lot to HHM. | 我亏欠哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所很多 |
[19:51] | Your tuition debt? We can take care of that. | 学费债务吗 我们可以替你偿还 |
[19:55] | That’s very generous. | 真慷慨 |
[19:58] | Well, give it some time to think about it. | 花点时间考虑一下 |
[20:00] | And you give me a call, and we’ll set up a meeting | 你来电话 我们就安排会面 |
[20:02] | with the rest of the senior partners. | 会见其他高级合伙人 |
[20:05] | And to be clear… | 先说清楚… |
[20:07] | I’m talking partner track. | 我说的可是合伙人机会 |
[20:10] | Jesus, Sean, what — what’d you have to send to Moscow? | 天哪肖恩 你是在莫斯科调的酒吗 |
[20:13] | Sorry for the wait, Mr. Schweikart. | 抱歉让您久等了 斯韦卡特先生 |
[20:15] | Are we ready to order? | 可以点餐了吗 |
[23:33] | …Mays here for the gourmet quick chop. | …梅斯向您推荐这款快速切菜机 |
[23:35] | It’s the fastest, easiest, and safest way | 它可以十分快捷 简便 安全地 |
[23:38] | to chop, mince, or dice any vegetable, guaranteed. | 将蔬菜切碎或切块 |
[23:41] | Here’s how it works. | 操作方法如下 |
[23:42] | Just place the vegetable on the board, | 放好蔬菜 |
[23:44] | give it tap | 按下按键 |
[23:45] | and you’ve got finely shredded cabbage in seconds for crunchy coleslaw. | 立刻就有了做沙拉用的细细切碎的卷心菜 |
[23:49] | tap again and chop… | 再按一下… |
[23:58] | Get down. | 趴下 |
[24:00] | Get down. | 趴下 |
[24:21] | What’s the message? | 要带什么话 |
[24:23] | Take the $5,000. | 收下那五千块 |
[24:25] | It took two guys to tell me that? | 这么一句话需要两个人来跟我说 |
[24:29] | We were just supposed to scare you, that’s all. | 我们只是来吓吓你 仅此而已 |
[24:31] | You try harder next time. | 那下次更狠一点 |
[24:34] | Get out. | 滚出去 |
[24:41] | Get out! | 滚 |
[26:19] | Oh, hey, Julie. Come on in. | 朱莉 进来吧 |
[26:23] | I’ve got those Sandpiper documents. | 我这有一些矶鹞渡的文件 |
[26:24] | Great. Just put them anywhere. | 好 先放这吧 |
[26:26] | Howard asked if you could go through them now. | 霍华德说要你立刻处理 |
[26:28] | It’s 1:15. I was just about to grab some lunch. | 已经一点一刻了 我正要去吃午饭 |
[26:31] | Yeah, he needs them done by 2:30 so he can draft a letter. | 两点半之前要处理好 他要用来起草文件 |
[26:34] | I brought these. | 我带来了这个 |
[26:35] | Figured I could petty-cash a lunch order for you. | 我可以用备用金帮你点个外卖 |
[26:37] | I got accounting to approve that new fancy salad place. | 我得到财务的许可了 能从那家新沙拉店点餐 |
[27:00] | Kaylee! | 凯莉 |
[27:01] | Kaylee! | 凯莉 |
[27:02] | Come on, not too far from the side. | 过来 别离泳池边太远 |
[27:05] | Throw the ball, pop-pop! | 把球丢过来 爷爷 |
[27:12] | When are we going home? | 我们什么时候回家 |
[27:14] | What? You don’t like it here? | 怎么了 你不喜欢这里吗 |
[27:19] | It’s okay. | 还好吧 |
[27:20] | “It’s okay”? | “还好” |
[27:22] | You got a pool. What more do you want? | 你有个泳池呢 你还想要什么 |
[27:25] | – I guess. – You guess? | -好吧 -“好吧” |
[27:28] | You guess? | “好吧” |
[27:29] | Well, you want to come out of there? | 你想出来吗 |
[27:31] | No! I’m staying. | 不 我要待在水里 |
[27:33] | Well, you want me to come in there and get you? | 你想让我进去抱你上来吗 |
[27:35] | I can’t have you in a pool that’s only okay. | 我可不能让你待在”还好”的池子里 |
[27:38] | It’s good, it’s good! | 很好 泳池很好 |
[27:44] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[27:45] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[27:46] | I’m sure. | 确定 |
[28:29] | Kaylee, honey, it’s time to come out now. | 凯莉 宝贝 该出来了 |
[28:31] | Just a few more minutes. | 就再待一会儿 |
[28:33] | No, you do what pop-pop says. | 不行 听爷爷的话 |
[28:35] | Come on, baby. | 上来吧 宝贝 |
[28:36] | Before you turn into a prune. | 免得皮肤给泡皱了 |
[30:13] | Miss? | 小姐 |
[30:15] | The gentleman would like me to let you know | 那位先生让我告诉您 |
[30:17] | that your next drink is on him. | 下一杯他请 |
[30:19] | Just let me know when you’re ready. | 您要点单了就叫我 |
[30:48] | I’m ready. | 我现在点 |
[31:01] | Wasn’t sure that was gonna work. | 不知道这招会管用 |
[31:04] | Don’t tell me that’s the first time you’ve done that. | 别告诉我这是你第一次这样做 |
[31:07] | So, what kind of return on investment | 那么 你用这杯酒作投资 |
[31:09] | are you getting on these drinks? | 想得到什么样的回报呢 |
[31:12] | None as pretty as you. | 什么都不如你 |
[31:14] | Oh, man. | 天哪 |
[31:21] | I’m Dale, by the way. | 我是戴尔 |
[31:24] | Giselle. | 吉赛尔 |
[31:38] | Okay, item number 44. | 第四十四项 |
[31:40] | What do we have? | 是什么 |
[31:43] | Residency contract for Abigail Hildreth. | 阿比盖尔·希尔德雷思的居住合同 |
[31:51] | Abigail Hildreth. | 阿比盖尔·希尔德雷思 |
[31:55] | And what’s the date on that? | 什么时候签的 |
[31:56] | Dated August 1, 1999. | 一九九九年八月一日 |
[32:00] | August 1, 1999. | 一九九九年八月一日 |
[32:04] | August 1, 1999. | 一九九九年八月一日 |
[32:06] | And do we have the corresponding deposition for Mrs. Hildreth? | 有希尔德雷思女士的相应证词吗 |
[32:09] | Yes. | 有 |
[32:28] | Have you ever heard the expression | 你没听过那句话吗 |
[32:30] | “A watched pot never boils”? | “心急水不开” |
[32:37] | Oh. Here it is. | 在这呢 |
[32:40] | Thank you. See? | 谢谢 看到没 |
[32:44] | I’ve got her down as item 12. | 归到第十二项了 |
[32:46] | Date of depo, September 15th. | 作证日期 九月十五日 |
[32:49] | September 15th. | 九月十五日 |
[32:50] | 15th of September. | 九月十五日 |
[32:54] | September 15th. | 九月十五日 |
[32:55] | Or, yeah, September 15th. | 没错就是九月十五日 |
[32:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:58] | Okay, item number 45. | 第四十五项 |
[33:07] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[33:08] | Oh, it’s my grandma. | 是我奶奶 |
[33:10] | She’s old. | 她年纪大了 |
[33:12] | Be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[33:15] | Kim? | 金 |
[33:17] | How fast can you get downtown? | 你最快什么时候能赶到城里 |
[33:19] | Uh, Santa Fe Downtown? | 圣达菲城里吗 |
[33:20] | – Albuquerque. – Why? | -阿尔布开克 -为什么 |
[33:23] | I’m at the bar at Forque. | 我在福克餐厅的酒吧 |
[33:26] | And I’ve got a live one on the hook. | 我钓到一条大鱼了 |
[33:32] | I’m on my way. | 我马上来 |
[33:34] | What’s the shot? | 机会有多大 |
[33:36] | Definitely two or three. | 绝对就两三个 |
[33:37] | You don’t think they do? | 你觉得他们做不到吗 |
[33:38] | – Well, you know — – They could. | -你知道… -他们行的 |
[33:40] | I know, but they don’t have to. | 但是他们没必要啊 |
[33:41] | We get it. | 我们知道 |
[33:45] | It’s possible, | 的确有可能 |
[33:46] | but I don’t understand why that’s an issue. | 但我不明白这有什么大不了的 |
[33:47] | – Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. – It can always go bad. | -是啊 是啊 -总会出乱子的 |
[33:49] | Yeah, yeah. | 是啊 是啊 |
[33:53] | – Oh, Viktor, there you are. – So sorry I’m late. | -维克多 你来 -抱歉我迟到了 |
[33:56] | – I had to put out a few fires. – Not a problem. | -我刚好有急事 -不用介意 |
[33:58] | I made a new friend. Dale, my brother, Viktor. | 我交了个新朋友 戴尔 这是我哥哥维克多 |
[34:00] | – Hey, how ya doing? – Oh, nice to meet you, Dale. | -你好吗 -很高兴认识你 戴尔 |
[34:02] | – Thanks for keeping sis company. – My pleasure. | -谢谢你陪我妹妹 -不客气 |
[34:04] | You need a drink. | 你需要喝一杯 |
[34:06] | Let’s get you a drink. | 来给你叫一杯 |
[34:09] | So, what do you do, Dale? | 你是干什么的 戴尔 |
[34:10] | I’m an engineer. | 我是一名工程师 |
[34:13] | What, like Casey Jones, with the hat and… | 就像凯西·琼斯那样的吗 戴帽子 |
[34:15] | No, idiot! | 不 傻蛋 |
[34:17] | An engineer engineer, not an “engineer.” | 他是那种工程师 不是那种 |
[34:19] | Dale builds things. | 戴尔是建东西的 |
[34:20] | I design things — spillways and drainage fields, mostly. | 我设计东西 主要是溢洪道和排水区域 |
[34:23] | I don’t — I don’t actually build them. | 其实都不是我造的 |
[34:25] | Well, that’s cool, yeah. | 很厉害啊 |
[34:27] | But you could still wear the hat, though, right? | 但你还是能戴帽子的吧 |
[34:29] | I mean, nothin stoppin’ ya. | 没有什么能阻止你吧 |
[34:30] | Oh, yeah, I guess I could. | 是啊 应该可以 |
[34:32] | I’m just saying, there’s no rule about that, as far as I know. | 据我所知 没有规定禁止你戴吧 |
[34:33] | Hey, you’re such a brat. Why the good mood? | 你真是讨厌 怎么心情这么好 |
[34:36] | Did it… go well today? | 今天…很顺利吗 |
[34:39] | Please tell me it went well. | 告诉我很顺利 |
[34:41] | Yeah, it went well. | 是啊 很顺利 |
[34:44] | Very well? Like, very, very…? | 非常顺利吗 非常非常… |
[34:46] | Beyond our wildest, uh… | 远远超出我们的预期… |
[34:49] | Yeah. | 太好了 |
[34:52] | How many of these has she had? | 她到底喝了几杯 |
[34:53] | Mm! I am just getting started, baby. | 我才刚开始呢 宝贝 |
[34:56] | – Remember these faces, Dale. – Giselle. | -记住这两张脸 戴尔 -吉赛尔 |
[34:58] | They are gonna be on the cover of Fortune magazine, January issue. | 我们将会亮相《财富》杂志一月封面 |
[35:00] | Giselle, please. | 吉赛尔 别说了 |
[35:01] | No, Dale’s a good guy. He’s not gonna do anything. | 不 戴尔是好人 没有恶意 |
[35:02] | – Yeah, you’re boring the man. – Oh, no, no, not really. | -你让人家觉得无聊了 -不不不 没有 |
[35:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:07] | All right, I am off to the little girl’s room. | 好吧 我要去一趟厕所 |
[35:09] | Say only nice things about me while I’m gone, okay? | 我不在的时候不准说我坏话 |
[35:17] | She’s something. | 她真漂亮 |
[35:19] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[35:25] | So, Giselle was telling me you two are starting a business. | 吉赛尔告诉我你们俩在创业 |
[35:30] | What exactly did she tell you? | 她到底怎么和你说的 |
[35:32] | Oh, nothing much. | 没说太多 |
[35:33] | Just something about a dot com, | 就说了什么网站 |
[35:35] | some way for people to hook up with each other using the internet? | 让人们通过互联网交友 |
[35:41] | Oh, look, I’m sure you’re a nice guy, | 我相信你是个好人 |
[35:42] | but she was talking out of school. | 但她其实是乱说的 |
[35:45] | – We’re — we’re full up on this thing. – Oh. Oh, okay. | -我们…这个项目人满了 -好吧 |
[35:49] | We sign one more investor, | 我们再签下一名投资商 |
[35:51] | we got to go public, and I’m just… | 就该上市了 我只是… |
[35:53] | No. | 不 |
[35:55] | We cannot take anyone else on. | 我们人已经满了 |
[35:58] | No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[35:59] | Oh, it’s okay. Yeah. | 没关系 |
[36:05] | No worries. | 不用担心 |
[37:01] | Spread your arms. | 张开手臂 |
[37:14] | No. | 没有 |
[37:18] | He’s got a gun. | 他有一把枪 |
[37:20] | I don’t care about the gun. | 带枪没关系 |
[38:16] | Tomorrow, you go to the district attorney, | 明天 你去找地检官 |
[38:21] | and you explain to him that my nephew’s gun was yours. | 向他解释我侄子的枪是你的 |
[38:26] | The D.A. will ask you, | 地检会问你 |
[38:28] | “Why you didn’t say anything before?” | “你为什么之前不说” |
[38:31] | You tell him you forgot, you were rattled — | 你跟他说你忘了 你吓坏了… |
[38:34] | Make up anything you want. | 随便你编什么理由 |
[38:35] | I don’t give a shit. | 我不在乎 |
[38:37] | But it’s your gun. | 但这是你的枪 |
[38:42] | Let’s discuss my payment. | 我们来谈谈我的报酬吧 |
[38:44] | Mm, that time is past. | 晚了 |
[38:46] | No $5,000 for you. | 五千块飞了 |
[38:48] | The price is $50,000. | 我要五万 |
[38:50] | How about the payment is you get to live? | 报酬是活着走出去怎么样 |
[38:53] | Not enough. | 不够 |
[38:55] | Oh, you think you can negotiate with me? | 你觉得你有资格跟我谈条件吗 |
[38:59] | I say the word, | 只要我一句话 |
[39:00] | my nephews go to a certain motel, | 我的侄子们就会去汽车旅馆 |
[39:03] | pay a visit to your daughter-in-law and your little granddaughter. | 拜访你的儿媳和你的小孙女 |
[39:07] | What do you think happens then? | 你觉得接下来会怎么样 |
[39:10] | Consider your position carefully. | 好好考虑考虑你的处境 |
[39:15] | I get my money… | 要么给我钱 |
[39:18] | or neither of us walk out of here. | 要么我俩都别想活着走出这里 |
[39:30] | You willing to die for this? | 你为了这个连命都不要了吗 |
[39:36] | Maybe I need the $50,000 more than you do. | 或许我比你更需要那五万块吧 |
[39:53] | How you manage to live so long with a mouth like that, hmm? | 你说话这么欠是怎么活到现在的 |
[40:01] | $50,000. | 五万块 |
[40:05] | And the gun is yours. | 枪是你的 |
[40:47] | He sent you? | 他派你来的吗 |
[40:48] | I volunteered. | 我主动要来的 |
[40:51] | Only safe way for us to talk. | 只有这样说话才安全 |
[41:11] | You really pushed it in there. | 你刚才在那太得寸进尺了 |
[41:17] | That thing we did… | 我们干的那事 |
[41:20] | …he finds out, we’re both dead. | 一旦被他发现 我们俩都必死无疑 |
[41:23] | You get that, right? | 这你清楚的吧 |
[41:26] | What thing we did? | 我们干什么了 |
[41:33] | What’s this? | 这是干嘛 |
[41:34] | $25,000. | 两万五 |
[41:36] | What for? | 为什么要给我 |
[41:37] | We made a deal. | 我们达成了协议 |
[41:39] | I didn’t hold up my end. | 而我搞砸了 |
[41:42] | Your problem is coming back sooner than we expected. | 你的麻烦很快就要回来了 比我们预计的更快 |
[41:56] | 克拉多克海事银行 大北极公司 | |
[42:04] | You gonna cash that? | 你要把钱提出来吗 |
[42:06] | I might know a guy who can help. | 我认识个人 他或许能帮忙 |
[42:09] | It’s better as a souvenir. | 还是把它当成纪念品吧 |
[42:12] | I figured you’d be maybe — I don’t know — | 我以为你今天早上可能会 我也不知道 |
[42:16] | a touch happier this morning. | 稍微开心一点 |
[42:18] | Maybe a smidge, possibly? | 就算只有那么一点点 |
[42:20] | I am. I’m totally happy. | 我很开心 非常开心 |
[42:23] | Why wouldn’t I be? | 为什么会不开心 |
[42:26] | I, uh… | 我 |
[42:30] | I had a job offer. | 我收到了一份工作邀请 |
[42:32] | Really? From where? | 真的吗 哪家律所 |
[42:35] | Schweikart and Cokely. | 斯韦卡特考科利 |
[42:37] | Seriously? | 真的假的 |
[42:39] | Rich Schweikart said that they would even pay off | 里奇·斯韦卡特甚至还说愿意帮我偿还 |
[42:40] | my law-school loans. | 法学院的贷款 |
[42:43] | That’s great. | 太棒了 |
[42:44] | Please let me be there when you tell Howard. | 你向霍华德辞职的时候请叫上我 |
[42:46] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[42:49] | So why the sad puppy eyes? | 那为什么还一脸忧伤 |
[42:50] | What, you don’t want that job? | 你不想要那个工作吗 |
[42:52] | No, no, o-of course I do. | 不不 我当然想要 |
[42:53] | I mean, who wouldn’t, right? | 谁会拒绝这样的机会 是吧 |
[42:55] | It’s a huge firm. | 这是家大律所 |
[42:56] | You get out from under Howard’s thumb. | 你再也不用在霍华德手下受气 |
[42:58] | Right. Exactly. | 是啊 就是 |
[42:59] | Besides, HHM is looking more and more like | 反正我在哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所 |
[43:02] | a dead end for me, anyway. | 越来越没有前途 |
[43:03] | Exactly. So what’s the problem? | 就是啊 所以还有什么问题吗 |
[43:07] | I just… | 我只是 |
[43:14] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[43:16] | I keep thinking of you floating in that pool. | 我一直在想你漂在那个池子里的场景 |
[43:21] | You knew what you wanted, but I got in the way. | 你知道你想要什么 可我成了你的障碍 |
[43:26] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[43:28] | You took the Davis & Main job because of me. | 你进戴维斯梅因律所是为了我 |
[43:32] | I took that job because it was the right decision. | 我去那里工作是因为这是正确的决定 |
[43:35] | A steady paycheck — done. | 稳定的收入 有了 |
[43:37] | A place to live that’s more than, oh, 5 square feet — boom. | 比原来不知道大到哪里去的住处 也有了 |
[43:41] | A car that’s all one color — nailed it. | 纯色的汽车 到手了 |
[43:44] | I’m good. | 我日子很好过 |
[43:45] | I got what I wanted. | 我得到了我想要的 |
[43:47] | And you, with the Schweikart thing? | 等你进了斯韦卡特 |
[43:49] | You could have everything you ever wanted. | 你就可以得到你想要的一切 |
[43:51] | What’s not to love about that? | 还有什么不满意的 |
[43:55] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[43:57] | What’s not to love? | 还有什么不满意的 |