时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:59] | – Wonderful. – Are the leeks too overpowering? | -太美味了 -韭葱的味道会不会太呛 |
[01:01] | Not at all. | 一点也不 |
[01:02] | That’s as good as the one we had in Florence. | 和我们在佛罗伦萨吃的一样棒 |
[01:04] | – All right, don’t humor me. – I’m not. | -别讨好我 -我没有 |
[01:07] | How was rehearsal? | 排练得如何 |
[01:09] | Did what’s-her-name behave herself? | 那女的有好好表现吗 |
[01:11] | She takes the whole section for granted. | 她觉得整个章节都是她的似的 |
[01:12] | I’m debating whether to say something. | 我还在纠结要不要跟她说 |
[01:14] | I think you should, absolutely. | 你该说出来 真的 |
[01:17] | Don’t keep it inside. | 别憋在心里 |
[01:18] | Ready for the chiffonade? | 准备放菜丝了吗 |
[01:19] | Yeah. Thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[01:24] | And after all, if she’s compromising the work… | 毕竟 如果她影响了整个表演… |
[01:26] | Mm. Well, it’s debatable. | 这很难说 |
[01:28] | I mean, the Schubert is coming along nicely. | 舒伯特那部分还不错 |
[01:30] | It’s more about morale. | 主要是士气的问题 |
[01:33] | Morale can affect quality. | 士气会影响质量 |
[01:35] | God knows the hoops that Howard jumps through | 天知道霍华德是如何赴汤蹈火 |
[01:38] | – just to keep the troops humming. – Well, true. | -才让员工士气昂扬的 -的确 |
[01:45] | You deserve a medal for this. | 该给你颁个奖 |
[01:47] | Please. It’s no big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[01:52] | Your soy-ginger marinade? | 这是你的酱油泡姜腌汁吗 |
[01:54] | Well, I found a citrus one that looked good, | 我看到个柠檬的好像还挺好吃 |
[01:56] | so I thought I would try that. | 所以我想试试 |
[01:59] | Well, anyway, you are a trouper. | 总之 你是个勤劳且毫无怨言的人 |
[02:01] | I apologize in advance. | 我道歉在先 |
[02:04] | Let’s just say he’s… something of an acquired taste. | 他是…需要慢慢适应才会喜欢上的那种人 |
[02:07] | Oh, how bad can he be? | 他能有多糟糕呢 |
[02:09] | Well, just in case, let’s have a high sign. | 以防万一吧 我们先约个暗号 |
[02:12] | How about the old Carol Burnett thing? | 卡洛尔·伯纳特招牌动作如何 |
[02:14] | Oh, where she pulls her earlobe? | 她拉耳垂的动作吗 |
[02:16] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[02:17] | You do this, and I’ll say I have briefs to read, | 你做这个动作 我就会说我还要读报告 |
[02:21] | – and we’ll get rid of him. – All right. Whatever you want. | -然后我们就能摆脱他 -好 就随你意 |
[02:24] | You know why she did that — Carol Burnett? | 你知道她为什么拉耳朵吗 卡洛尔·伯纳特 |
[02:27] | It’s a great story. It was a signal to her grandmother, | 有趣的故事 那是给她奶奶打的暗号 |
[02:28] | who had raised her, as — | 她将她抚养长大… |
[02:32] | Seriously? | 没搞错吧 |
[02:33] | He’s early. | 他来早了 |
[02:35] | You’re a doll. | 你真可爱 |
[02:39] | Holy shit. Look at this place. | 我的天 看看这地方 |
[02:42] | Hey, Jimmy, thanks for coming. | 吉米 欢迎 |
[02:43] | Bring it on in here. | 抱一个 |
[02:47] | Hey! Little taste of home for you. | 给你带了点家乡味 |
[02:50] | Had to look all over town to find a place that had it. | 找遍了城里的商店才买到的 |
[02:53] | Didn’t have time to wrap it. | 来不及包装 |
[02:54] | Well, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:02] | You’re good. | 可以了 |
[03:03] | Yeah. | 好 |
[03:07] | I’m looking for a place. | 我在找地方落脚 |
[03:09] | Been staying at the Ramada. | 最近都住在华美达酒店 |
[03:10] | And thanks for the help, by the way. | 对了 感谢你帮忙 |
[03:12] | I’ve found a few that I like. | 我已经找到几个中意的地点 |
[03:13] | This one place, the beachcomber, has a pool. | 有个带泳池的地方 |
[03:16] | And since the Mcgill clan | 因为我们麦吉尔家的人 |
[03:17] | is whiter than a pack of albino rats… | 皮肤简直比白鼠还白 |
[03:20] | …I figure I better start working on my tan. | 我觉得我该晒晒黑了 |
[03:22] | So, seriously considering that option. | 所以我真觉得那个地方不错 |
[03:24] | I strongly suggest sunscreen. | 我强烈建议涂防晒油 |
[03:26] | We’re up about 5,000 feet here. | 我们这儿可是海拔一千五百米 |
[03:28] | You’ll fry. | 你会晒伤的 |
[03:29] | Excellent point. Sunscreen — check. | 好主意 防晒油… 打勾 |
[03:36] | So… A violinist? | 你是…小提琴家 |
[03:41] | And according to Chuck, a crazy talented one at that. | 听查克说 你非常有天赋 |
[03:45] | Mm. I mean, wow. | 真佩服 |
[03:47] | Well, Chuck is very gracious. | 查克过奖了 |
[03:49] | She’s being modest. | 她又谦虚了 |
[03:51] | Rebecca is widely respected amongst her peers. | 丽贝卡在同行中备受尊敬 |
[03:54] | Yo-yo Ma came to our wedding. | 马友友还参加了我们的婚礼 |
[03:57] | That’s, um… | 这真的… |
[03:59] | Right on, man. | 棒极了 |
[04:02] | About the wedding, um, | 说到你们婚礼 |
[04:04] | I’ve been meaning to apologize…about that. | 我一直想道歉 |
[04:07] | – I am truly sorry I wasn’t… – No worries, please. | -我真的很抱歉没能 -不要紧的 |
[04:16] | So, tell us about your first week at Hamlin, Hamlin, Mcgill. | 说说在哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所的第一周吧 |
[04:20] | It was great. | 很棒啊 |
[04:21] | I mean, they got me working in the mailroom, which | 我被安排在收发室工作 |
[04:25] | you gotta start somewhere. | 万事开头难嘛 |
[04:26] | I learned how to use the Xerox machine, | 我学会了用静电复印机 |
[04:28] | which is surprisingly complicated. | 惊人得复杂 |
[04:30] | I mean, press a button, a piece of paper spits out — | 以前按下一个按键 弹出一张纸 |
[04:33] | Not anymore. Mm. | 现在不一样了 |
[04:35] | Thing’s practically a computer. | 这机器简直是台电脑 |
[04:36] | It’s like goddamn space shuttle. | 简直像宇宙飞船一样 |
[04:38] | It’s got, like, double-sided printing, automatic stapling, you know? | 它会双面打印 自动装订 |
[04:43] | Met some nice folks — guys and gals. | 认识了许多男的女的 都很友好 |
[04:48] | Well, gal — singular, actually. | 其实就一个女的 |
[04:53] | Learned everyone’s name, and I licked a ton of stamps. | 记住了大家的名字 舔了无数张邮票 |
[04:56] | My tongue is like hamburger meat — I mean, seriously. | 舌头已经像汉堡肉一样了 真的 |
[05:01] | Yeah? | 是吧 |
[05:02] | I got — thing’s raw as hell. | 舌头都舔破了 |
[05:04] | Then I found out there’s a sponge for that. | 然后才发现有专用的海绵 |
[05:07] | Oops! Rookie mistake. | 哎呦 新手错误 |
[05:10] | Well, it sounds like you had a very productive week. | 看来你第一周收获挺多嘛 |
[05:12] | Yeah, it was really great. | 是啊 真的很棒 |
[05:18] | Hey, guys, um… | 我想对你们说 |
[05:21] | Um, I want to thank you for having me over. | 谢谢你们邀请我做客 |
[05:23] | This is, like, the best meal I’ve had in a decade. | 这是我十年来吃的最美味的一餐 |
[05:28] | I mean, the fish is perfection, and the, uh… | 鱼做得很完美 而且这个 |
[05:31] | Risotto. | 意大利烩饭 |
[05:33] | Risotto. | 意大利烩饭 |
[05:35] | Thank you. That’s very kind. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[05:38] | Well, you’re a wonderful chef, you know? | 你真是个好厨师 |
[05:40] | Aside from being super talented with the… | 不仅是小提琴天赋秉异 |
[05:44] | You got a good one, Chuck — I mean, lucky, lucky man. | 你娶了位贤妻 查克 真走运 |
[05:47] | Well, cheers to that. | 干杯 |
[05:57] | Pardon me. | 不好意思 |
[06:11] | All right. | 好了 |
[06:14] | What’s the difference between a vacuum cleaner | 吸尘器和摩托车上的律师 |
[06:16] | and a lawyer on a motorcycle? | 有何不同 |
[06:18] | The vacuum cleaner has the dirt bag on the inside. | 吸尘器的尘袋[混蛋]在里面 |
[06:23] | Aha, lawyer jokes. | 啊哈 律师笑话 |
[06:25] | I’ve only been in the mailroom a week, | 我才在收发室待了一个星期 |
[06:26] | and I’ve heard maybe a hundred. | 可能就听了上百个了 |
[06:27] | Yeah. It all comes from a place of affection. | 这都是出于对律师的敬爱 |
[06:29] | Sure. Of course. | 当然 |
[06:31] | What do you get when you cross the Godfather with a lawyer? | 把《教父》和律师弄到一起会得到什么 |
[06:31] | 《教父》中有台词”an offer you can’t refuse” 此处指律师说的专业术语让人费解 | |
[06:34] | An offer you can’t understand. | 一个你听不懂的提议 |
[06:37] | Very clever. | 好机灵的笑话 |
[06:38] | Never heard that one. | 这个没听过 |
[06:39] | And believe me — | 相信我 |
[06:40] | I have nothing but the utmost respect for your profession. | 我对你的职业抱有最大的尊敬 |
[06:43] | I mean, it’s the pillar of — oh! | 这是支柱… |
[06:44] | Why do they bury lawyers under 20 feet of dirt? | 为什么要把律师埋在六米深的土下 |
[06:47] | Because deep down, they’re really good people. | 因为在内心”深处” 他们其实是好人 |
[06:50] | Uh, w-what do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 60? | 一个智商六十的律师应该叫什么 |
[06:53] | “Your honor.” | “法官大人” |
[06:55] | What’s the difference between a tick and a lawyer? | 律师和虱子的区别在哪 |
[06:58] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[06:58] | The tick falls off when you’re dead! Bam! | 你死了 虱子就会离开你的身体 |
[07:01] | Love that one. | 好喜欢这个 |
[07:02] | You like that? Just joking. | 你喜欢这个吗 我只是开玩笑 |
[07:05] | I want you to know how seriously I take my job. | 你要知道 我对我的职业是认真的 |
[07:08] | I’m, uh, grateful for the — oh. | 我真的很感谢 对了 |
[07:10] | How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb? | 换一个电灯泡要几个律师 |
[07:13] | Classic setup here. | 这个很经典 |
[07:14] | Three — one to climb the ladder, one to shake it, | 三个 一个爬梯子 一个摇晃梯子 |
[07:18] | And one to sue the ladder company. | 还有一个起诉生产梯子的厂家 |
[07:22] | Comedy gold. | 很经典 |
[07:23] | – I’m here all night! – More. Go, go. | -我能说一整晚 -接着说 |
[07:26] | Okay. Okay, okay, okay. | 好的 好好好 |
[07:28] | Dessert, anyone? | 有人要甜点吗 |
[07:29] | We have a homemade blueberry crumble with vanilla ice cream. | 我们有自己做的蓝莓酥饼配香草冰激凌 |
[07:32] | Yeah, blueberry crumble — sounds terrific. | 蓝莓酥饼 好呀 听起来好棒 |
[07:34] | I love a fruit-based, uh, blueberry — | 我喜欢有水果的 蓝莓的 |
[07:36] | – Wait. I think I know one. – Oh, bring it on. | -等等 我也想起来一个 -快说 |
[07:38] | Yeah, yeah. | 好啊 |
[07:39] | Um, what do lawyers and sperm have in common? | 律师和精子的共同点是什么 |
[07:42] | Oh, just… Um. | 这个 |
[07:44] | 3 million — no, wait. | 三百万 不不 |
[07:46] | Um, 1 in 3 million… | 三百万分之一 |
[07:48] | – have a chance of becoming a human being. – Of becoming a human being. | -有机会成为人类 -有机会成为人类 |
[07:54] | Love that one. | 这个我喜欢 |
[08:04] | Well, that went well, don’t you think? | 晚餐还不错 你觉得呢 |
[08:06] | Sure. Thanks again. | 当然 还是要谢谢你 |
[08:11] | I don’t know what you were worried about. | 我不知道你在担心什么 |
[08:12] | Jimmy’s great. | 吉米挺好的 |
[08:14] | Yeah. No, he’s… | 是挺好的 不 他有点 |
[08:18] | Yeah. | 没什么 |
[08:21] | So, what’s going on tomorrow? | 明天要做什么 |
[08:24] | Well, I’ve got the Gernstetter deposition at 10:00, | 十点要帮戈恩斯泰特作证词 |
[08:27] | Back-to-back partner meetings after lunch. | 午饭后要连开几场合伙人会议 |
[08:29] | It shouldn’t be a late one. | 应该不会太晚 |
[08:32] | Thought any more about what’s-her-name? | 那女的事情你想得怎么样了 |
[08:34] | It’s your reputation, too, you know? | 那也关系到你的名声 不是吗 |
[08:36] | Well, we start the Tchaikovsky on monday, | 我们周一先从柴可夫斯基开始 |
[08:39] | so I’ll see what kind of mood she’s in when we wrap. | 我看看结束时她的状态怎么样 |
[08:42] | Smart. | 聪明 |
[08:50] | What do you call 25 attorneys buried up to their chins in cement? | 二十五个律师被水泥埋到下巴了 你该说什么 |
[08:55] | – Not enough cement. – What? | -水泥还不够 -什么 |
[09:55] | Hello. You’ve reached the voicemail of Kim Wexler. | 你好 这是金·韦克斯勒的语音信箱 |
[09:57] | Please leave me a message, | 请留言 |
[09:58] | and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. | 我会尽快回复你 |
[10:01] | It’s me again. | 又是我 |
[10:02] | Look, I think I found something that could help get you outta there. | 我想到了一个方法能帮你摆脱那里 |
[10:05] | I’m gonna make things right. | 我会弥补这一切的 |
[10:08] | Call me, would you? | 给我回个电话吧 |
[10:29] | Hi. | 你好 |
[10:30] | Sorry. I didn’t mean to sneak up on you. | 抱歉 我没打算吓你一跳 |
[10:33] | – I just thought everyone was gone. – Nope. | -我以为大家都走了 -没有 |
[10:36] | I’m here late most nights. | 我一般都待到很晚 |
[10:39] | By the way, I noticed in your office… | 顺便提一句 我在你办公室看到… |
[10:43] | You threw away a soda can. | 你扔掉了一个易拉罐 |
[10:45] | You’re going through my trash? | 你翻了我的垃圾 |
[10:47] | No. | 没有 |
[10:48] | I was just dropping off papers at lunchtime, | 我只是午休时进去送文件 |
[10:50] | and I happened to notice it in your trash can. | 无意中看到它在你的垃圾筒里 |
[10:52] | I fished it out, so it’s fine. | 我把它拿出来了 没事了 |
[10:53] | Office cans are for recyclable paper — | 办公室的垃圾筒是扔可回收纸张的 |
[10:55] | there’s a separate big can in the kitchen for plastic, | 厨房里有个单独的大垃圾桶用来放塑料 |
[10:57] | glass, and aluminum. | 玻璃和铝金属 |
[10:59] | We take our ecological footprint pretty seriously here. | 我们这里十分重视生态足迹 |
[11:01] | okay, so, the big can | 好吧 也就是说 |
[11:02] | is where I should throw my empty Scotch bottles. | 大垃圾桶是扔我的威士忌酒瓶的地方 |
[11:06] | No, I-I get it. | 我明白的 |
[11:08] | Go green. | 绿色生活 |
[11:10] | Good. Was there anything else? | 好了 还有别的事吗 |
[11:13] | Yeah, one quick thing. | 是的 还有一件小事 |
[11:13] | I have the brief you gave Cliff this morning — | 我这里有你早上给克利福德的简报 |
[11:15] | the plaintiff’s opposition to the defendant’s motion? | 原告对被告动议的反对 |
[11:18] | I have a few notes. | 我做了几个批注 |
[11:19] | I think they’re pretty clear, | 应该挺清楚了 |
[11:20] | but it’s probably easier if we just go over them together. | 但如果我们能一起看一遍可能更好办点 |
[11:23] | Jesus. Th-those are Cliff’s? | 天啊 那是克利福德的批注 |
[11:25] | No, they’re my notes. | 不 是我的批注 |
[11:26] | I’d love go to over them now, if you have a minute. | 如果你有时间 咱们现在就过一遍吧 |
[11:29] | It looks worse than it is. | 其实没看上去这么糟 |
[11:30] | It’s — it’s just that we have a particular house style. | 只是…我们有特有的版式 |
[11:32] | Okay, no offense, | 无意冒犯 |
[11:33] | But, uh, you’re a second-year associate, right? | 不过 你是两年律师吧 |
[11:35] | – Yep. – And I came in as a fourth-year. | -是的 -我有四年了 |
[11:38] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[11:39] | So, why is a second-year giving notes to a fourth-year? | 那为什么一个两年员工要给四年员工做批注 |
[11:43] | Well, like I said, I know the house style. | 就像我说的 我清楚版式要求 |
[11:48] | Does Cliff have you babysitting me? | 是克利福德派你来当我保姆的吗 |
[11:50] | No. | 不是 |
[11:52] | This is just one associate helping another. | 这只是同事之间互相帮助 |
[11:55] | Like here, the Roman numeral headings — | 比如这里 罗马数字标题 |
[11:58] | we use all caps for those. | 全都要大写 |
[11:59] | And you indented them, which is perfectly fine, | 你用的是缩进 这当然没问题 |
[12:02] | but Cliff likes them centered. | 不过克利福德更喜欢居中 |
[12:04] | Oh, and before I forget, | 差点忘了 |
[12:05] | we put two spaces after a period on all our documents. | 所有文件中 在句号后面都要空两格 |
[12:07] | I know it seems like a minor thing, | 这的确不是什么大事 |
[12:09] | but really looks so much cleaner on the page. | 但这样页面会整洁得多 |
[12:12] | You went a tad overboard with the quotations. | 你所做的引述有点多 |
[12:14] | It’s okay to present a quote from a controlling legal opinion, | 引用主导性法律意见是没问题的 |
[12:17] | but when you use too many, | 但如果你引用过多 |
[12:18] | it disrupts the flow of your argument, | 它会打乱你论述的节奏 |
[12:20] | and it gives the impression | 而且让人感觉 |
[12:20] | you don’t know how to write an argument of your own. | 你没法独立论述 |
[12:22] | And I’m sure you do, so… | 你当然知道怎么写 |
[12:24] | You have a tendency to overuse the words “Clearly” and “Obviously.” | 你有过度使用”显然” “无疑”之类词的倾向 |
[12:27] | Again, it’s a matter of personal opinion — | 这其实还是个人见解的问题… |
[12:30] | I really appreciate this, Erin, | 我真的很感激 艾琳 |
[12:32] | But, uh, I was just on my way out. | 但是 我正打算走了 |
[12:34] | So, if we could continue this first thing tomorrow morning… | 我们能不能明天一早再继续讨论 |
[12:38] | Well, I was thinking we should just get ‘er done now. | 我觉得我们应该现在就看完 |
[12:40] | No time like the present. | 分秒必争啊 |
[12:44] | Sure. | 当然 |
[12:45] | Let’s roll up our sleeves and apply a little elbow grease. | 让我们卷起袖子 大干一场吧 |
[12:49] | Great! | 太好了 |
[12:49] | So, I’m gonna get my favorite pen, | 我去拿我最喜欢的笔 |
[12:51] | and I will see you momentarily. | 随即就去找你 |
[12:54] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[13:44] | Uh, Miss Wexler? | 韦克斯勒小姐 |
[13:47] | You can call me Kim. | 你可以叫我金 |
[13:49] | Kim, it’s 20 to midnight. | 金 已经十一点四十了 |
[13:55] | Are you asking me if you can leave? | 你在问能不能走吗 |
[13:58] | Guys, I’m not your supervisor. | 伙计们 我又不是你们上司 |
[13:59] | Don’t stick around on my account. | 不用因为我留下来 |
[14:10] | You coming, Kim? | 一起走吗 金 |
[14:11] | Right behind you. | 随后就走 |
[14:12] | Just finishing up this last one. | 只要完成最后这一份 |
[15:48] | Again, thanks. | 又打扰你了 谢了 |
[15:56] | Hey, Gesualdo, could you skip vacuuming tonight, please? | 杰苏阿尔多 你今晚可以不打扫吗 |
[16:01] | Five minutes — just give me five minutes. | 就五分钟 就给我五分钟 |
[16:03] | Here’s how we’re gonna handle this travesty of justice. | 这就是解决这场闹剧的方法 |
[16:12] | Wexler vs. Hamlin, Hamlin, Mcgill — | 韦克斯勒诉哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所 |
[16:13] | You want me to sue my own firm? | 你想要我起诉我的公司吗 |
[16:16] | Filing’s all typed up. It’s ready to go. | 文件都打印好了 蓄势待发 |
[16:18] | This is not my area of expertise, all right? | 这不是我的专长 |
[16:21] | So, first order of business — | 所以首先要做的 |
[16:22] | we get a great employment-law attorney. | 我们要找一个专门处理劳工法的律师 |
[16:24] | Show ’em we mean business. | 让他们知道我们是认真的 |
[16:27] | Come on. | 说真的 |
[16:28] | Hey, look at you. | 你看看你 |
[16:29] | Okay, you’re here at midnight in this glorified cellblock | 你半夜还在这看似荣耀实则监狱的地方 |
[16:33] | busting your ass — for what? | 努力工作 是为了什么 |
[16:35] | It has nothing to do with your performance. | 跟你的表现一点关系也没有 |
[16:37] | You’re being mistreated. | 你受到了不公待遇 |
[16:38] | Chuck is punishing you to get to me. | 查克是通过惩罚你来牵制我 |
[16:41] | This is extortion, pure and simple. | 这是敲诈 简单明了 |
[16:43] | No, that’s Howard, who has an image to uphold. | 不 是霍华德要维护形象 |
[16:47] | He did the same thing after the Kettleman fiasco, | 凯特尔曼案惨败后他也这么做的 |
[16:49] | and Chuck was nowhere in sight. | 查克也没有干预 |
[16:51] | I’m telling you — Chuck is behind this. | 我告诉你 查克就是罪魁祸首 |
[16:53] | No, you are behind this. | 不 你才是罪魁祸首 |
[16:55] | I told you this would happen, and now I’m paying the price. | 我告诉过你后果 现在我就在付出代价 |
[16:59] | I shoulda known better. | 我要是早知道就好了 |
[17:01] | So now I’m keeping my head down, and I’m getting through this. | 现在我要保持低调 熬过去 |
[17:05] | And I’m most certainly not suing HHM. | 而且我肯定不会起诉哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所 |
[17:08] | – Kim – Even if I won, who would hire me? | -金 -就算我胜诉了 谁还会雇佣我 |
[17:12] | That would be career suicide. | 那是自断前程的行为 |
[17:15] | All right. | 好吧 |
[17:17] | Then I quit Davis & Main. | 那我退出戴维斯梅因律所 |
[17:19] | What does that accomplish? | 那有什么用 |
[17:21] | It’s the only way to get you outta dutch | 这是唯一可以让你脱离困境的方法 |
[17:23] | because this is about Chuck, | 因为这和查克有关 |
[17:25] | whether you want to believe it or not. | 不管你信不信 |
[17:27] | I give him what he wants — he lets up on you. | 我给他想要的 他就会原谅你 |
[17:31] | My knight in shining armor. | 我的白马王子 |
[17:32] | That is some sacrifice — | 真是不小的牺牲啊 |
[17:34] | Quitng a job that you’ve been trying to tank since day one. | 辞掉你从一开始就在毁掉的工作 |
[17:37] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[17:39] | I dig myself out of this hole. | 我自己想办法脱离困境 |
[17:42] | You do your job, Jimmy. | 你做你的工作 吉米 |
[17:45] | Prove you can go one week — hell, one day — | 向我证明你可以做到一周 不 一天 |
[17:49] | without breaking the rules of the New Mexico Bar Association | 不违反新墨西哥律师协会的规则 |
[17:52] | or pissing off your boss. | 或者不惹你老板生气 |
[17:53] | And don’t insult my intelligence | 还有不要侮辱我的智商 |
[17:55] | by saying you are doing any of this for me. | 说这么做都是为了我 |
[18:00] | You don’t save me. | 你救不了我 |
[18:03] | I save me. | 我才能救自己 |
[18:08] | Just please go. | 请你走吧 |
[18:31] | Hey, is Erin in yet? | 艾琳在吗 |
[18:43] | God damn pixie ninja. | 该死的烦人鬼 |
[18:46] | I owe you a big apology. | 实在对不起 |
[18:49] | I have a medical condition — | 我生了一个病… |
[18:52] | Gerd, gastroesophageal reflux disease. | 胃食管反流病 |
[18:55] | I know — it’s a mouthful, right? | 我知道 很绕口对不对 |
[18:57] | It affects the lower esophageal sphincter. | 它会影响下食道括约肌 |
[19:01] | I took a risk yesterday at lunch with some onion rings, | 我昨天午餐时冒险吃了些洋葱圈 |
[19:04] | and last night — | 然后昨晚… |
[19:04] | Are we doing this or not? | 我们还要不要工作 |
[19:05] | You bet. | 当然 |
[19:14] | Hey, Jerry. It’s Kim Wexler. | 杰瑞 我是金·韦克斯勒 |
[19:16] | How’s things with the alumni group? | 校友会怎么样了 |
[19:19] | Top 50? | 前五十 |
[19:21] | Go, UNM law! | 新墨西哥大学法学院好样的 |
[19:22] | Hey, wondering if you’ve heard that Santa Fe place | 你有没有听说过圣达菲那边 |
[19:24] | is looking for new outside counsel. | 在寻找新的外聘律师 |
[19:27] | They should really be considering | 他们真的应该考虑 |
[19:28] | Hamlin, Hamlin, Mcgill. We — | 哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所 我们… |
[19:32] | Must’ve just been a rumor. | 一定是谣言 |
[19:33] | Yeah, let’s grab a drink soon. | 好啊 改天喝一杯 |
[19:36] | You too. Okay, bye. | 你也是 好的 再见 |
[19:43] | Hey, uh, I remember you mentioned | 我记得你提过 |
[19:45] | your brother worked in Intel’s legal department. | 你哥哥曾在英特尔法律部门工作 |
[19:48] | I’m an attorney at Hamlin, Hamlin, Mcgill. | 我是哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所的律师 |
[19:49] | Would you happen to know | 你知不知道 |
[19:50] | if Intel is happy with their legal representation? | 英特尔是否对他们的法律代表满意 |
[19:54] | That’s — that’s flattering, | 我受宠若惊 |
[19:56] | but I’m seeing someone at the moment, so… | 但我已经有男朋友了 所以… |
[19:59] | you know what? | 这样吧 |
[20:00] | Just call the main number, and they’ll find me. | 打主机电话 他们会转给我的 |
[20:06] | Yeah, no, we had drinks a few days ago. | 好 不 我们几天前喝过了 |
[20:08] | And she said you had a friend who… | 她说你有个朋友… |
[20:10] | Oh, so they already settled. | 所以他们已经解决了 |
[20:12] | I heard you ended up at Harvard Law. | 我听说你是哈佛法学院的 |
[20:16] | Yeah, yeah, she was my roommate. | 对 没错 她是我室友 |
[20:18] | Listen, uh, I’an attorney at Hamlin, Hamlin, Mcgill. | 我是哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所的律师 |
[20:21] | We’re actually known for teaming with other firms on large contracts. | 我们因与其他律所合作处理大合同而闻名 |
[20:25] | Schweikart? | 斯韦卡特吗 |
[20:26] | Sure. Yeah, I know them well. It’s a great firm. | 当然 我很了解他们 很棒的律所 |
[20:29] | We met at that ABA mixer last year. | 我们在去年美国律师协会联谊会上见过 |
[20:32] | Yep, bourbon shots. That was me. | 没错 波旁酒 就是我 |
[20:36] | well, congrats on landing that Honeywell contract — | 恭喜你拿下了霍尼韦尔的合同 |
[20:37] | Huge amount of work. | 可不轻松呢 |
[20:39] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[20:59] | – How was your lunch? – Good. | -中午吃得好吗 -不错 |
[21:00] | – What’d you have? – Uh, turkey wrap. | -你吃什么了 -火鸡卷 |
[21:19] | How’s the place? | 那地方怎么样 |
[21:21] | It’s great. | 很棒 |
[21:22] | It’s safe, quiet. | 安全又安静 |
[21:24] | They allow dogs. | 允许狗进入 |
[21:25] | I can’t ask for more than that. | 我很满意了 |
[21:27] | I can’t get Kaylee out of the pool. | 凯莉就是不肯出游泳池 |
[21:29] | By the end of the day, she’s a prune. | 一天结束皮肤准给泡皱 |
[21:32] | I’m glad she’s enjoying it. | 她喜欢那儿我真高兴 |
[21:34] | Hey, I better get her dinner started soon. | 我得马上给她准备晚饭了 |
[21:37] | Go to the restaurant. | 下馆子吧 |
[21:38] | No, it’s too expensive. I have groceries in the room. | 不 太贵了 屋里有吃的 |
[21:40] | Oh, don’t worry about that. | 不用担心那个 |
[21:43] | – Take her out. – Thanks, Mike. | -带她出去 -谢谢 麦克 |
[21:48] | She misses you. | 她想你 |
[21:49] | Do you think you might come by later? | 你一会儿能过来吗 |
[21:51] | Oh, not yet. | 还不行 |
[21:53] | I don’t want her to see me lookin like this. | 我不想让她看见我这个样子 |
[21:56] | How bad was it? | 情况有多糟 |
[21:58] | Well, I can tell ya the next car I get’s gonna have airbags. | 我跟你说 我的下一辆车一定要有气囊 |
[22:02] | Well, whenever you feel you’re ready. | 你想什么时候来都行 |
[22:05] | Ah, it’s okay. It looks worse than it is. | 没关系 看起来比较糟糕而已 |
[22:08] | You give Kaylee a kiss for me. | 替我亲凯莉一口 |
[22:10] | I will. | 我会的 |
[22:10] | All right. Bye, darlin. | 好的 再见 亲爱的 |
[22:16] | Hold up. | 等等 |
[22:16] | What the hell happened to you? | 你怎么了 |
[22:20] | I get it — the first rule of fight club, right? | 我懂 搏击俱乐部的第一条规则是吧 |
[22:23] | Uh, let me introduce you. | 给你介绍一下 |
[22:24] | This is my babysitter, Erin. | 这是我的保姆 艾琳 |
[22:26] | Erin, this is my grandpa, Mike. | 艾琳 这是我的爷爷 麦克 |
[22:30] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[22:43] | Thanks, Tim. | 谢了 蒂姆 |
[22:44] | Good seein you, Jimmy. | 很高兴见到你 吉米 |
[22:47] | Listen, this clerk and I go way back. | 这个职员跟我是老相识了 |
[22:49] | We’re like this. | 我俩很铁 |
[22:50] | But she needs a little finessing, so can I handle it? | 但需要施点巧计 所以让我来可以吗 |
[22:52] | Yeah, sure. | 可以啊 |
[22:55] | Surprise! | 惊喜吧 |
[22:56] | Bet you never thought you’d see me again. | 你肯定以为再也见不到我了吧 |
[22:59] | I need a summary judgment hearing | 我需要和布雷诉奥康纳一案的米夏埃利斯 |
[23:02] | with Michaelis for Bray v. O’Connell, | 进行简易审判的听证 |
[23:04] | And I’m hopin for Thursday at 10:00, before he, uh… | 希望是周四十点 在他…之前 |
[23:10] | Don’t have it. | 没空 |
[23:11] | Thursday at noon, perhaps? | 周四十二点呢 |
[23:13] | Nope. | 没有 |
[23:14] | Thursday at 2:00 — now, that’s my final — | 周四下午两点 这是最后… |
[23:24] | You’re pretty. | 你真漂亮 |
[23:26] | Will you be my new mommy? | 你可以做我的新妈妈吗 |
[23:29] | What are you doing?! | 你在做什么 |
[23:33] | – What? – That’s a bribe. | -搞什么 -这是贿赂 |
[23:35] | It’s a gift. | 这是礼物 |
[23:37] | That’s how it works here — | 在这里就是这么办事的 |
[23:38] | grease the wheels of justice. | 司法之轮需要”润滑” |
[23:40] | – Give me — – That’s not how it works. | -给我 -不能这样 |
[23:42] | You submit the paperwork, and you get a date — period. | 提交文件 确定日期 就这样 |
[23:45] | What don’t you understand about finessing? | 你懂不懂什么叫略施巧计啊 |
[23:53] | I apologize for my colleague. | 我为我的同事道歉 |
[23:55] | She’s new. | 她是新来的 |
[23:57] | Is there any possible way we could still get Thursday? | 有没有其他办法定个周四的时间呢 |
[24:01] | I’ll give you 2:30 Thursday. | 给你周四下午两点半 |
[24:04] | The 14th. | 十四号 |
[24:05] | That’s next month. | 那是下个月了 |
[24:11] | We’ll take it. | 好吧就那天 |
[24:16] | So, does this go on my official stasi report? | 这会写入我的斯塔西报告吗 |
[24:19] | I’m not trying to get you in trouble — | 我这不是给你惹麻烦 |
[24:21] | I’m trying to keep you out of it. | 而是避免让你惹上麻烦 |
[24:23] | I’m gonna hit the men’s room. | 我要上男厕所 |
[24:25] | The men’s room. | 男厕所 |
[24:42] | Hey, how you doing, Bill? | 比尔 最近怎么样啊 |
[24:45] | How am I doing? How are you? | 我怎么样 你还好吗 |
[24:47] | Oh, you know, hanging in. | 勉强过活呗 |
[24:49] | Yeah, word on the street is you’re over at Davis & Main now. | 听说你去戴维斯梅因律所了 |
[24:51] | You lucky son of a bitch. | 你个幸运的混蛋 |
[24:53] | Ah, you know, dancing with the devil. | 你知道的 和恶魔共舞 |
[24:56] | So, how are things at the district attorney’s– | 地检官那里的事情如何… |
[24:57] | Davis & main! | 戴维斯梅因 |
[24:59] | Man, that must be sweet! | 那铁定很爽吧 |
[25:02] | Give you a car? | 给你配车了吗 |
[25:02] | Bet they gave you a car. | 肯定给你配了车 |
[25:03] | Yeah. They gave me a car. | 是啊 他们给我配了车 |
[25:05] | – What kind? – It’s a — | -什么车 -是一部… |
[25:07] | No, don’t tell me. I don’t want to know. | 停 别告诉我 我不想知道了 |
[25:11] | I bet it’s German. Is it German? | 肯定是德国车 是德系的吗 |
[25:14] | Yeah, it’s German. | 是德国车 |
[25:15] | Uh, the cup holder’s actually — | 杯架其实有点… |
[25:16] | You have a sick office? | 你办公室也很豪华吧 |
[25:18] | I bet you have a sick office. | 肯定特别豪华 |
[25:20] | Pretty sick. | 是很豪华 |
[25:22] | It’s got a little fireplace. | 里头还有一个小壁炉 |
[25:23] | Fireplace? | 壁炉 |
[25:25] | I’d kill my mother for a fireplace. | 为了壁炉我能把我妈杀了 |
[25:27] | Hell, I’d kill her for a window. | 给我个窗户我也能把她杀了 |
[25:31] | You, uh, you have an assistant, right? | 你还有助理是吧 |
[25:33] | Don’t tell me — is she hot? | 别告诉我…她很火辣吧 |
[25:34] | She’s hot, right? | 她很火辣是吧 |
[25:35] | She is a bright young man named omar. | 我的助理是个叫奥马尔的小伙子 |
[25:39] | Omar. | 奥马尔 |
[25:41] | Hey, you got a little something on your, uh… | 你衣服上沾了些… |
[25:47] | That’s vomit…again. | 呕吐物…又来了 |
[25:49] | The worst part — | 最糟糕的是… |
[25:50] | Could’ve come from two different defendants. | 可能来自两个不同的被告 |
[25:53] | Scumbags. They’re all scumbags. | 人渣 都是人渣 |
[25:57] | Oh, my god. Where you living? They put you up? | 对了 你住哪儿 给你安排住处了吗 |
[25:59] | It’s a corporate apartment. It’s just — | 我住在公司临租房 就… |
[26:01] | Ah, no, don’t tell me. | 停 住嘴 |
[26:04] | Christ. | 天呐 |
[26:07] | Ah, damn it. I gotta run. | 糟了 我得走了 |
[26:08] | I’m putting away some brain-dead suck wad… | 我要去处理几个白痴… |
[26:12] | who tried to rob a library. | 他们试图抢劫图书馆 |
[26:14] | Good seeing you, Bill. | 很高兴见到你 比尔 |
[26:16] | Have a great day. | 祝你愉快 |
[26:19] | Lucky bastard. | 走狗屎运的混账 |
[26:42] | Hello. Hi. | 喂 你好 |
[26:43] | It’s Kim Wexler. | 我是金·韦克斯勒 |
[26:46] | I did leave a message, and I was just… | 我给您留了言 我只是… |
[26:50] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[26:52] | Sorry to bother you. | 抱歉打扰到您了 |
[27:04] | Hi. This is Kim Wexler. | 你好 我是金·韦克斯勒 |
[27:06] | I was looking for Carolyn Lipitz. | 我想找卡罗琳·利佩兹 |
[27:08] | No, not his secretary. I’m an attorney. | 不是秘书 我是一名律师 |
[27:10] | Yes, I did — I got your number from Chris. | 是的 克里斯把你的电话给了我 |
[27:13] | Sure. I will let them know. | 当然 我会给他们说的 |
[27:15] | Okay. Nope, got it. | 好的 不 明白了 |
[27:16] | Totally understand. | 完全明白 |
[27:17] | This is Kim Wexler from Hamlin Hamlin & Mcgill. | 我是哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所的金·韦克斯勒 |
[27:21] | Actually — hey — can I just — | 其实…我能… |
[27:24] | Would you tell him I’ll call him right back? | 你能告诉他我之后再打给他吗 |
[27:36] | Okay. Just let me know when is a good time. | 好的 请告诉我什么时候合适 |
[27:44] | Got it. | 明白 |
[27:47] | Okay. Thanks for your time. | 好 打扰您了 |
[27:58] | Hi, Claudia. | 喂 克劳迪娅 |
[27:59] | It’s Kim Wexler. | 我是金·韦克斯勒 |
[28:01] | I’ll let him know. | 我会跟他说的 |
[28:09] | This is Kim Wexler. | 我是金·韦克斯勒 |
[28:10] | I was looking for a Jillian Kogan. | 我想找吉利安·高根 |
[28:14] | I met you last year at an ABA mixer. | 去年我在美国律师协会联谊会上认识你的 |
[28:19] | You know I have a fear of heights. | 你知道我恐高 |
[28:21] | Keep coming every summer. | 每年夏天都来 |
[28:23] | All right, just give me a call. Great. | 好 有消息的话请跟我说一声 |
[28:36] | Kim wexler. I did call yesterday. | 我是金·韦克斯勒 我昨天打过电话了 |
[28:40] | Okay. I totally get it. | 好 我明白了 |
[29:34] | Kim wexler. Hey. How are you, Paige? | 金·韦克斯勒 你还好吗 佩奇 |
[29:37] | You did? | 是吗 |
[29:41] | That’s — that’s so nice to hear. | 那…那真是个好消息啊 |
[29:44] | I thought we hit it off, as well. | 我觉得我们也很合拍呢 |
[29:49] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:50] | I — | 我… |
[29:52] | I, uh, I-I couldn’t be more thrilled. | 我真的特别激动 |
[29:55] | It — I mean, the firm and I. | 我是说 律所和我都很激动 |
[29:59] | Absolutely. I’ll tell him right now. | 当然 我现在就跟他说 |
[30:01] | I’m sure we can get something on the books tomorrow — | 明天肯定就能办好… |
[30:04] | Day after, at the latest. | 最迟后天 |
[30:07] | Thank you, Paige. | 谢谢你 佩奇 |
[30:09] | Me, too. Okay, bye. | 我也是 好 再见 |
[30:18] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[30:59] | – There she is. – Hi. | -她在这儿呢 -你好 |
[31:00] | – Hi. – Paige, so good to see you. | -你好 -佩奇 很高兴见到你 |
[31:02] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[31:03] | Kim, this is Kevin Wachtell, our C.E.O. | 金 这是凯文·沃弛泰尔 公司总裁 |
[31:06] | Kim Wexler. Great to meet you, Kevin. | 我是金·韦克斯勒 很高兴认识你 凯文 |
[31:07] | And you. | 我也是 |
[31:08] | Uh, Paige, Kevin, this is Howard Hamlin, our senior partner. | 两位 这是霍华德·哈姆林 高级合伙人 |
[31:11] | – Pleasure. – Likewise. | -很高兴认识你们 -我们也是 |
[31:12] | We’re thrilled to have you folks here. | 很高兴你们能来到这里 |
[31:14] | Kevin, true story — when I was 7 years old, | 凯文 跟你说个真实的故事 我七岁时 |
[31:16] | my very first bank account was at Mesa Verde, | 我的第一个银行账户就在梅萨维德银行 |
[31:18] | if you can believe it. | 你能相信吗 |
[31:19] | I can. Mine was, too, back when my dad ran the place. | 我信 我也是 那时我爸还负责经营呢 |
[31:24] | I can remember the cover of my first passbook. | 我记得我第一本存折的封面 |
[31:26] | – It was a silhouette of a… – Cowboy. | -是剪影… -牛仔的剪影 |
[31:28] | Cowboy on horseback, yes, standing next to a cactus. | 马背上的牛仔 站在仙人掌旁边 |
[31:31] | I loved that cowboy. | 我喜欢那牛仔 |
[31:33] | Far as I was concerned, I was saving up for that horse. | 我那时一直在为买下那匹马攒钱 |
[31:35] | What the heck else is money good for when you’re 7 years old? | 不然钱对于一个七岁小孩来说又有什么用呢 |
[31:39] | So, we have a little presentation for you | 我们在会议室中为你准备了 |
[31:41] | in our conference room, along with some snacks | 一次小小的展示 还准备了零食 |
[31:43] | and a soymilk latte with your name on it. | 和写着你名字的豆奶拿铁 |
[31:45] | This one — she’s a keeper. | 她可真能干 |
[31:47] | Shall we? | 请吧 |
[31:48] | Let’s do it. | 走吧 |
[32:01] | Well, I think that couldn’t have gone any better. | 我认为这样再好不过了 |
[32:03] | – Pleasure to meet you. – Fantastic. I’ll see you soon. | -很高兴见到你 -棒极了 再见 |
[32:04] | – Thanks for setting this up. – Talk to you soon. | -感谢你的安排 -再见 |
[32:09] | Lovely to meet you, Paige. | 很高兴见到你 佩奇 |
[32:26] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[32:28] | Right back at you. | 同喜 |
[32:32] | I’ll circle back with Paige, get the ball rolling, | 我之后会和佩奇谈谈 让一切顺利进行 |
[32:34] | start talking strategy, you know? | 开始谈战略 |
[32:36] | Maybe…put together a list of staff associates we can put on this. | 或者列个清单 看看派哪些律师去处理 |
[32:40] | I’ll put Francis on that. | 让法兰西斯做吧 |
[32:43] | You’ve got enough on your plate in doc review. | 复审文件已经够你忙的了 |
[33:10] | Coming. | 来了 |
[33:16] | Catch you at a bad time? | 我来得不是时候吗 |
[33:18] | Not at all. Come in. | 当然不 进来吧 |
[33:24] | I hear clinking. | 我听见叮当声了 |
[33:25] | Does that mean we have something to celebrate? | 我们要庆祝什么吗 |
[33:28] | We sure do. | 当然了 |
[33:39] | What are we drinking to? | 我们要庆祝什么 |
[33:42] | Got a juicy one for you. | 给你弄了个肥差 |
[33:44] | – Mesa Verde? – On retainer. | -梅萨维德银行 -预付聘金 |
[33:47] | Oh, even better. | 那更好了 |
[33:51] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[33:52] | One of your golf-course conquests? | 是你在高尔夫球场上争取到的吗 |
[33:56] | Kim Wexler brought them in. | 金·韦克斯勒带来的 |
[33:58] | Fourth-year associate snags a quarter of a million in billings? | 一个四年律师争取到了二十五万的活儿 |
[34:03] | She’s probably having a couple of drinks herself. | 她自己可能也在喝酒庆祝呢 |
[34:06] | She’s out of the doghouse, I assume? | 我猜 她应该再次受到重用吧 |
[34:09] | We’ll see. | 再说吧 |
[34:16] | Interstate expansion — it’s a complex case. | 跨州扩张 这案子很复杂 |
[34:20] | That’s two, maybe three regulatory commissions we’ll be dealing with | 我们可能要对付两个 甚至三个监管委员会 |
[34:24] | Months of work for HHM, maybe years. | 律所可能得忙上几个月 甚至几年 |
[35:20] | Good morning, Rudolpho. | 早上好 鲁道夫 |
[35:21] | Good morning, Mr. McGill. | 早上好 麦吉尔先生 |
[36:07] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:11] | I didn’t know anyone was here. | 我不知道这儿有人 |
[36:14] | Just dropping off some Sandpiper stuff. | 我来送些矶鹞渡的材料 |
[36:16] | You’re in early. | 你来早了 |
[36:18] | More like late. | 其实是待晚了 |
[36:22] | Well, regardless of the hour, good to see you here. | 不管现在几点 见到你真高兴 |
[36:25] | Yeah, I’m trying something new. | 我在做些新尝试 |
[36:27] | I’m coming in, working until 9:00. | 我来这一直工作到早九点 |
[36:29] | It’s easier before the place opens, | 律所开门之前办公更容易 |
[36:31] | without all the lights and the phones ringing. | 灯还没亮 电话也不会响个不停 |
[36:37] | How about some coffee? | 想喝点咖啡吗 |
[36:38] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[36:40] | W-would you mind making me some? | 那你能帮我泡点咖啡吗 |
[36:43] | I apologize. | 对不起 |
[36:44] | It’s just I-I can’t do it myself, | 我没法自己做 |
[36:46] | what with the electricity. | 我不能碰电器 |
[36:51] | – Sure. – No sugar. | -好 -不加糖 |
[36:53] | Just a splash of soy milk. | 稍微加点豆奶 |
[36:55] | I think we have it. | 应该有 |
[37:00] | Kim? | 金 |
[37:01] | Um, make two cups. | 泡两杯 |
[37:20] | Well, I guess it’s true what they say — | 他们应该说得对 |
[37:22] | The early bird gets the worm, which is good if you like worms. | 早起的鸟儿有虫吃 如果你喜欢虫子的话 |
[37:35] | May I ask you a question? | 我能问个问题吗 |
[37:36] | Of course. | 当然 |
[37:38] | Do I have a future at this firm? | 我在这家律所有前途吗 |
[37:44] | We have a lot in common, you and I. | 你我有很多共同点 |
[37:46] | My brother left you holding the bag. | 我弟弟让你独自承担责任 |
[37:49] | If it makes you feel any better, | 要知道 |
[37:50] | you’re not the first person to go out on a limb for him. | 你不是第一个为他担风险的人 |
[37:54] | I made the same mistake over and over again. | 我总是反复犯同样的错误 |
[37:58] | And now Howard has… | 结果现在霍华德也犯了 |
[38:01] | And he blames you. | 他怨你 |
[38:05] | It’s a damned mess. | 真是一团乱 |
[38:12] | Jimmy ever tell you anything about our father? | 吉米跟你说过我们的爸爸的事吗 |
[38:15] | Not much, no. | 没怎么说过 |
[38:18] | My dad — our dad — he was — | 我爸爸 我们的爸爸 他是 |
[38:24] | well… the personification of good. | 典型的好人 |
[38:30] | I’m not sure he could even see sin in any form, | 我都不知道他能不能看见任何罪恶 |
[38:35] | like he was born without the gene. | 他似乎就没这个基因 |
[38:38] | He ran a little corner store in Cicero — | 他在西塞罗市经营一家街角小店 |
[38:41] | cigarettes behind the counter, penny candy — | 卖卖烟草 散装糖果 |
[38:43] | nothing special, but it kept food on the table. | 没什么特别的 但是能维持家用 |
[38:48] | And the neighborhood loved dad. | 邻居们都很喜欢他 |
[38:51] | He knew everybody’s name, what was going on in their lives. | 他叫得出每个人的名字 了解他们的生活 |
[38:56] | This little corner — he made it better. | 他让这个小小的拐角变得更好 |
[39:04] | I was named after him. | 我是以他的名字命名的 |
[39:08] | Before that, he’d worked for a lot of people over the years, | 在那之前 他在很多人手下工作过 |
[39:10] | and his dream was to be his own boss — | 他的梦想就是自己当老板 |
[39:14] | put everything he had into that place. | 倾其所有开了这个小店 |
[39:17] | I was away at college when he put Jimmy to work there. | 他让吉米在店里干活儿的时候我在外面上大学 |
[39:22] | Jimmy grew up in that store, watching our father. | 吉米从小就在店里 看着爸爸长大 |
[39:28] | But dad was not the world’s greatest businessman, | 但我爸不善经营 |
[39:31] | and eventually, he ran into money troubles. | 最终资金周转不灵 |
[39:34] | I, um, had a clerkship at the time, | 那时候我在当法庭书记员 |
[39:37] | but I came home to help him get his books in order, | 但我还是回家去帮他理清账目 |
[39:39] | set the ship straight. | 解决问题 |
[39:42] | Now, I’m no accountant, | 我不是会计 |
[39:43] | but I discovered $14,000 was just gone. | 可我还是发现少了一万四千块 |
[39:50] | Vanished over the years. | 就在这些年里无缘无故消失了 |
[39:54] | Turns out Jimmy had pilfered it in dribs and drabs — | 结果是吉米陆陆续续偷的 |
[39:57] | just took it out of the till. | 直接从收银台拿的 |
[40:03] | My dad wouldn’t hear it. | 我爸听不进去 |
[40:06] | Nope. Not his Jimmy. | 不可能 不是他的吉米干的 |
[40:13] | He ended up having to sell. | 最后他只能卖了那小店 |
[40:16] | Six months later, he was dead. | 半年后 他去世了 |
[40:20] | At the funeral, no one cried harder than Jimmy. | 葬礼上 吉米哭得撕心裂肺 |
[40:32] | My brother is not a bad person. | 我弟弟不是坏人 |
[40:35] | He has a good heart. | 他本性善良 |
[40:38] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[40:42] | …he can’t help himself. | 他控制不住自己 |
[40:45] | And everyone’s left picking up the pieces. | 所以只能大家帮他收拾烂摊子 |
[40:52] | Is there any coffee left? | 还有咖啡吗 |
[40:54] | No, I got it. | 不 我来吧 |
[41:01] | I’ll talk to Howard, | 我会跟霍华德谈谈 |
[41:03] | pour a little oil on troubled waters. | 帮你们调解调解 |
[41:05] | You’re being wasted down in doc review. | 让你在下面复审文件太大材小用了 |
[41:08] | Good job with Mesa Verde. | 梅萨维德银行的业务拉得好 |
[41:53] | Mind if I join you? | 我能坐这吗 |
[41:59] | Hi. | 你好 |
[42:00] | What can I get you? | 需要点什么吗 |
[42:01] | Coffee — black. | 咖啡 清咖 |
[42:04] | Coming right up. | 马上就来 |
[42:09] | He really did a number on you. | 他是把你揍得挺惨的 |
[42:17] | Sorry. I know you? | 抱歉 我认识你吗 |
[42:19] | The young man who did that to you. | 打你的那个年轻人 |
[42:21] | He’s my nephew — hothead, always has been. | 他是我侄子 一直都这么莽撞 |
[42:25] | Kid thinks he’s a boxer. | 以为自己是个拳击手 |
[42:28] | He should have shown you respect. | 他应该尊重你 |
[42:32] | I apologize to you on behalf of my family. | 我代表我们全家向你道歉 |
[42:41] | Apology accepted. | 接受道歉 |
[42:44] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[42:46] | He should go to jail — best thing for him. | 他是该进监狱 这对他再好不过 |
[42:49] | Teach him respect for his elders. | 让他学会尊重长辈 |
[42:53] | But… not for eight years — | 但是 用不着待八年 |
[42:57] | less, much less. | 应该少好几年 |
[43:18] | You see what I’m getting at? | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[43:21] | Not really. | 不怎么懂 |
[43:23] | The gun charge — that’s 8 years he’s going away, maybe 10. | 非法持有枪支 得判八年 可能十年 |
[43:28] | Aggravated assault, the gun, plus he got your wallet. | 重度攻击 非法持枪 还抢了你的钱包 |
[43:32] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[43:36] | I would like for you to tell the police | 我希望你能告诉警方 |
[43:40] | that the gun was yours. | 枪是你的 |
[43:41] | Would you? | 是吗 |
[43:44] | You’re both a little hot under the collar | 他怀疑你撞了他的车 |
[43:46] | about whether you bumped his car or not. | 你们俩都没控制住情绪 |
[43:49] | But there was a scuffle, and, uh, he got your gun. | 你们扭打了起来 然后他抢了你的枪 |
[43:54] | My gun? | 我的枪 |
[43:55] | Your gun from your pocket — he got it, | 他从你的口袋里拿了你的枪 |
[43:59] | and that’s how his prints got on it. | 所以枪上有他的指纹 |
[44:03] | And then I’d be subject to the gun charge. | 那我就要面临非法持枪的指控了 |
[44:06] | You’re an ex-cop. | 你当过警察 |
[44:09] | They’ll go easy on you. | 他们不会为难你 |
[44:12] | So you’re a psychic. | 你还知道别人怎么想啊 |
[44:14] | I’ll even twist Tuco’s ear, make him apologize. | 我会拧着屠库的耳朵让他给你道歉 |
[44:19] | And he serves for battery — nothing else. | 他的罪名只有殴打他人 没有其他的了 |
[44:28] | I’m looking for the best possible outcome for everybody. | 这结果对大家都是最好的 |
[44:35] | And for your trouble… | 至于给你造成的麻烦 |
[44:39] | you take home $5,000. | 给你五千块 |
[44:55] | Think about it. | 好好考虑一下 |