时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[00:18] | It can’t be done. | 怎么可能成功 |
[00:20] | You sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[00:23] | There’s a trick? | 动了手脚吧 |
[00:24] | There’s got to be. | 肯定是 |
[00:26] | This guy wouldn’t be putting any money | 如果没有动手脚 |
[00:27] | on it unless there’s a trick? | 这人怎么会拿钱出来 |
[00:28] | I’m telling you — it can’t be done. | 我说了 这不可能成功 |
[00:31] | So you give up? | 所以你放弃了 |
[00:35] | Yeah, all right. | 那好吧 |
[00:49] | – Wait. What? – No way! | -等等 -没搞错吧 |
[00:51] | Show me that again. | 再来一次 |
[00:52] | Sure. You got another $20? | 没问题 再出二十吧 |
[00:56] | Screw this. | 去你的 |
[00:59] | Don’t go away mad. | 别生气啊 |
[01:01] | Oh, hey, guys, you want to buy a Rolex? | 你们想买劳力士表吗 |
[01:04] | Whoa, whoa. Hold on. | 等等 |
[01:05] | How much for that cheap piece of crap? | 那块冒牌表要卖多少钱 |
[01:07] | – Look what the wind blew in. – Hey, Merna. | -看看是谁来了 -莫娜 |
[01:09] | Holy crap. | 没搞错吧 |
[01:10] | Jimmy, my man, I said you would beat the rap. | 吉米 我就说你能脱罪 |
[01:13] | Hey, Merna, set him up, would you? | 莫娜 给他倒杯酒 |
[01:14] | Merna, no, thanks. I’m good. | 不了 莫娜 谢谢 |
[01:15] | No, go on. He don’t mean it. | 给他满上 他其实想喝 |
[01:17] | You just got out of jail. Come on. | 你刚刚出狱啊 |
[01:18] | You’re, you’re not gonna have a drink? | 连酒都不喝一杯吗 |
[01:20] | That’ll be the day? | 怎么可能啊 |
[01:20] | Marco, settle down, okay? I’m in a rush. | 马可 别嚷了 我赶时间 |
[01:23] | My brother’s outside in a taxi. The meter’s running. | 我哥在外面的出租车里 计费表还跳着呢 |
[01:25] | What, Chuck’s outside? | 查克在外面 |
[01:26] | Tell him to pull that broomstick out of his ass | 让他别磨叽了 |
[01:28] | and get in here. I’m buying. | 进来喝酒 我请客 |
[01:29] | No. No, no, we got no time. We’re catching a plane. | 不 我们没时间了 要赶飞机 |
[01:31] | I came here to say goodbye. | 我是来告别的 |
[01:33] | I’m moving to Albuquerque, New Mexico. | 我要搬去新墨西哥州的阿尔布开克 |
[01:37] | Mexico? You skipped bail? | 墨西哥 你要弃保潜逃吗 |
[01:39] | New Mexico– | 是”新”墨西哥 |
[01:40] | you know, like, uh, Bugs Bunny and the Road Runner, you know? | 就是兔八哥和BB鸟在的那个地方 |
[01:42] | Yeah. What are you gonna do there? | 你要去那干什么 |
[01:44] | I’m gonna work at his law firm, like, in the mailroom. | 在我哥的律所打杂 在收发室干活 |
[01:46] | It’s a start, anyways. | 算是个新开始吧 |
[01:48] | What? N-now you’re talking crazy, man. | 你没搞错吧 老兄 |
[01:49] | You just got out of jail. Now you want to go back? | 你才出狱 就又想进去了 |
[01:52] | Because working for him, that’s all that is. | 给他工作等于坐牢啊 |
[01:54] | Marco…I was done. | 马可 我别无他法了 |
[01:57] | You understand? I didn’t beat the rap. | 你懂吗 我没有逃脱制裁 |
[01:59] | Chuck flew in and saved my ass. | 是查克赶来救了我 |
[02:02] | It’s time to make some changes. | 是时候改变自己了 |
[02:03] | Hey, listen, man. You’re Slipping Jimmy. | 你可是”风流吉米”啊 |
[02:07] | What do you got to change? | 你要改变什么 |
[02:09] | Everything. It’s time to grow up. | 洗心革面 是时候长大了 |
[02:11] | Yeah, according to who, Chuck? | 这又是谁说的 查克吗 |
[02:13] | The same goes for you, man. | 你也是一样 兄弟 |
[02:15] | You want to spend the rest of your life on that stool? | 你想一辈子都坐在这凳子上吗 |
[02:18] | I mean, come on, Marco. Look at yourself. | 马可 看看你自己 |
[02:22] | All right, that’s him. I got to hit it. | 他在催我了 我得走了 |
[02:25] | Geez. His master’s voice. | 是啊 主人在召唤你呢 |
[02:27] | – Really? – Look, come on. Go outside. | -有必要吗 -你出去吧 |
[02:30] | Tell Chuckles that you, you got some business you forgot. | 跟查克说你还有事忘了做 |
[02:32] | – Marco. – Come on. | -马可 -得了 |
[02:34] | Y-you got to have one last blowout. | 你好歹得干最后一票 |
[02:35] | W-we’ll do the watch thing again, | 我们再玩儿一次手表把戏 |
[02:37] | but, but maybe we’ll pull that– | 你之前说的那个… |
[02:39] | that tar-money scam you were talking about, | 那个骗钱圈套也不错 |
[02:41] | – get some girls… – I made a promise. | -约几个美女 -我答应他了 |
[02:43] | Yeah, you made a promise, but it was — | 你是答应他了 但这是… |
[02:45] | W-w-what do you might call it? Under duress. | 律师管这叫啥 受到胁迫 |
[02:47] | Look, he got you out of jail, okay? | 他把你从监狱里捞了出来 |
[02:49] | But he’s your brother. I mean, what else is he gonna do? | 但他是你哥哥 他还能逼你不成 |
[02:53] | Marco, listen to me, all right? | 马可 听我说 |
[02:54] | Chuck’s not making me do this. | 不是查克逼我这么做的 |
[02:56] | He’s giving me an opportunity, and I’m grabbing it. | 他这是给我一个机会 我要抓住机会 |
[03:01] | Geez, it’s like watching Miles Davis give up the trumpet. | 就像迈尔斯·戴维斯放弃吹小号一样 |
[03:05] | What? What does that even mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[03:07] | It’s just a waste, is all I’m saying. | 简直是浪费你的天赋 |
[03:11] | All right, look. I’m gonna fly out there. | 我要飞去那里了 |
[03:12] | I’m gonna get settled, and I’ll call you. Yeah? | 等我安定下来 再打给你 |
[03:16] | All right, Jimmy. | 好吧 吉米 |
[03:18] | Hey, have a safe flight, all right?! | 祝你一路平安 |
[04:25] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[04:28] | Just waiting to talk to Howard. | 等着跟霍华德谈话 |
[04:30] | Can I ask about what? | 能问问谈什么吗 |
[04:33] | I’m taking your advice. | 我决定听你的 |
[04:35] | I’m giving the case to HHM. | 把案子给哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所 |
[04:38] | Why? | 为什么 |
[04:41] | The fact that Chuck doesn’t | 大概是因为 |
[04:42] | want me here has something to do with it. | 查克不想让我在这里工作吧 |
[04:48] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[04:51] | Why didn’t you just tell me? | 你为什么不早告诉我呢 |
[04:53] | I just… | 我只是 |
[04:56] | I didn’t want you hating your own brother. | 我不想让你恨你哥哥 |
[05:03] | How did you find out? | 你是怎么发现的 |
[05:04] | Did Kim tell you? | 是金告诉你的吗 |
[05:06] | I figured it out on my own. | 我自己弄明白了 |
[05:09] | It’s about time, right? | 也该弄明白了 对吧 |
[05:12] | I brought the Sandpiper stuff with me. | 我把矶鹞渡的文件拿来了 |
[05:14] | It’s down in my car. | 就在我车里 |
[05:15] | I figure your guys could do the outreach. | 你们可以主动扩大业务 |
[05:18] | If any of those geezers don’t want to sign with you, | 如果那些老年人不想签你们 |
[05:20] | just give me their names. | 把他们的名字给我 |
[05:21] | I’ll talk them into it. | 我会劝他们签的 |
[05:24] | You know, Jimmy, I never wanted it to go this way. | 吉米 我真的不想让事情变成这个样子 |
[05:30] | If it had been up to me, we would have at least– | 如果我说了算 我们至少会 |
[05:31] | Howard, I get it. | 霍华德 我懂 |
[05:35] | Your brother’s very important to the firm. | 你哥哥对律所来说非常重要 |
[05:37] | Sorry I called you a pigfucker. | 抱歉我当时说你是个混蛋 |
[05:43] | We owe you some money, don’t we? | 我们还欠了你钱 不是吗 |
[05:46] | The of-counsel fee — I think we discussed $20,000. | 律师费 我记得是两万美金 |
[05:51] | That and whatever the common-fund proceeds | 再加上矶鹞渡一案的共同基金 |
[05:53] | of Sandpiper ultimately adds up to, | 不管最终金额有多少 |
[05:55] | you’ll receive 20% of that — | 你都会拿到两成 |
[05:57] | Should be a very nice payday for you when it comes. | 应该是一笔很可观的收入 |
[06:00] | Yep. | 没错 |
[06:02] | I’ve got something for you, too. | 我还给你准备了些东西 |
[06:04] | Uh, it’s a shopping list for Chuck. | 是给查克准备的购物清单 |
[06:07] | I mean, he’s doing better, | 他现在是好多了 |
[06:08] | but he still needs deliveries every day. | 但他每天还是需要一些东西 |
[06:10] | I think he’d be more comfortable with someone else doing it. | 我觉得最好还是由别人来做 |
[06:13] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[06:15] | You don’t have to do it personally. | 你不需要亲自上门 |
[06:16] | It just needs to get done. | 只要做好就行 |
[06:18] | It’s pretty straightforward. | 写得非常清楚了 |
[06:20] | The ice is a pain in the ass, but he needs it. | 冰块倒是件麻烦事 但这是必需品 |
[06:23] | I usually sneak into a motel and fill a garbage bag, | 我经常会溜进小旅馆里塞个一整包 |
[06:26] | but you can have whoever you hire just buy it. | 但你可以叫你的手下花钱买就好 |
[06:31] | The most important thing is the newspapers. | 最重要的是报纸 |
[06:33] | Uh, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal — | 《纽约时报》 还有《华尔街日报》 |
[06:35] | They’re a must. | 这些都是必需品 |
[06:36] | There’s a newsstand on Eubank | 尤班克那边有个报摊 |
[06:37] | that has both of them at 6:00 A.M., | 早上六点就有卖 |
[06:39] | which is good ’cause he’s an early riser. | 他习惯早起 所以一早给他比较好 |
[06:41] | The Albuquerque Journal he gets delivered, | 他订了《阿尔布开克日报》 |
[06:42] | but somebody still has to bring it in for him. | 但得有人把报纸带进屋 |
[06:45] | You’ve been doing all of this every day… | 你每天都做这些事吗 |
[06:49] | For over a year? | 做了一年多吗 |
[06:52] | You’ll take care of this? | 你会处理好这些事吗 |
[06:54] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[06:56] | I’ll get it done and done right. | 肯定做得滴水不漏 |
[07:02] | I always liked you, Jimmy. | 我一直很喜欢你 吉米 |
[07:05] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[07:06] | I used to call you “Charlie Hustle.” | 我以前叫你”骗子查理” |
[07:09] | Yeah, I remember that. | 我记得 |
[07:24] | I’m sorry I yelled at you. | 对不起 之前冲你大喊大叫 |
[07:35] | That was nice. | 抱抱你真不错 |
[07:38] | You sure you’re all right? | 你确定你没事吗 |
[07:39] | It’s not a crime to let it out. | 发泄出来吧 没事的 |
[07:42] | There’s nothing to let out. Chuck’s a sick man. | 没什么好发泄的 查克脑子有病 |
[07:46] | That’s no excuse. | 那不是借口 |
[07:48] | He’s my brother. | 他是我哥哥 |
[07:49] | He thinks I’m a scumbag. | 他觉得我是个混球 |
[07:51] | There’s nothing I can do to change that. | 我没法让他改变看法 |
[07:54] | What else is there to say? | 我还能说什么 |
[07:57] | Wow. That’s mature. | 你真是太成熟了 |
[08:00] | Dalai Lama’s got nothing on me. | 达赖喇嘛也比不上我 |
[08:14] | O-64, as in, | O64 就是 |
[08:16] | “Oh, to be 64 again!” | “哦 又是64” |
[08:20] | O64 O-64. | |
[08:22] | All right. | 好吧 |
[08:23] | Next up…we got…N-32. | 下一个号码是 N32 |
[08:28] | “N” As in “Nancy…Reagan,” | 南希·里根的首字母哦 |
[08:31] | A first lady with a lot of style. | 时髦的第一夫人 |
[08:34] | Anybody else seen “Hellcats of the Navy”? | 有人看过《海军悍妇》吗 |
[08:37] | All right. No winners yet? | 好吧 还是没人赢吗 |
[08:40] | Okay, here’s… | 好吧 现在是 |
[08:43] | B-2, just like the B-2 bomber, | B2 就是B2轰炸机 |
[08:46] | The stealth — | 隐形机 |
[08:48] | There’s probably one taking off over at Kirtland right now. | 说不定现在柯特兰空军基地就有一架起飞 |
[08:51] | We would never know because it’s stealthy. | 反正是隐形的 咱们也看不见 |
[08:55] | Still no winners? No? | 还是没人赢吗 真的吗 |
[08:59] | Here we have… | 现在是 |
[09:01] | …B-4, another “B.” How about that? | B4 又来个B打头的 怎么样 |
[09:05] | As in, “Before too long, we’re gonna have another winner.” | “不久之后 就会又有一名赢家” |
[09:12] | No? Nobody? Okay. | 还是没有吗 好吧 |
[09:16] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:17] | And here comes… | 接下来是 |
[09:22] | Hey, it’s our old friend “B.” | 咱们的老朋友B |
[09:25] | B12 B-12. | |
[09:29] | “B,” As in, uh… | B开头的… |
[09:33] | “B,” As in… | B开头的… |
[09:36] | “Betrayal” — | “背叛” |
[09:38] | Benedict Arnold betrayed the United States. | 本尼迪克特·阿诺德背叛了美国 |
[09:45] | Still no winners. | 还是没有胜利者吗 |
[09:47] | No? | 没有吗 |
[09:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:52] | Here it is. | 下一个 |
[09:57] | Oh, what are the odds? | 多巧啊 |
[09:59] | Four B’s in a row That’s… | 连来四个B 真是… |
[10:04] | B7 B-7. | |
[10:07] | “B” As in… | B开头的… |
[10:11] | “B” As in…”brother” — brother. | B开头的…兄弟 兄弟 |
[10:19] | B-7 — “Seven brides for seven brothers.” | B7 七个兄弟七个新娘 |
[10:22] | I’m sure a lot of you have brothers. | 我相信你们很多人都有兄弟 |
[10:24] | It’s not like mine, though. | 但肯定和我兄弟不一样 |
[10:26] | Any winners yet? | 有人赢了吗 |
[10:27] | Take a — take another look, okay? | 再…再看看 行吗 |
[10:29] | I’ll wait. | 我等着 |
[10:30] | All I’m gonna say is, | 我要说的是… |
[10:31] | if it’s another “B,” could have a real problem here. | 如果又是个B 那就出问题了 |
[10:42] | And… | 接下来 |
[10:44] | Hey, it is another “B.” | 又是一个B |
[10:49] | B-5, as in, | B5 开头的… |
[10:51] | “Boy, this ‘b’ thing is really starting to tick me off.” | “用B造句真是让我快疯了” |
[10:56] | “B” As in “Battleship.” “B” As in “Bourbon.” | B打头的”战舰” B打头的”波旁酒” |
[10:58] | “B” As in “Belize” — beautiful place, so I’ve heard. | B打头的”伯利兹” 听说是个很美的地方 |
[11:03] | I would love to go there. | 我很想去那里 |
[11:05] | But, uh, let’s face it — that’s never gonna happen. | 但咱们还是直面现实吧 那不可能 |
[11:09] | None of us is ever leaving this godforsaken wasteland. | 咱们没人能离开这该死的荒漠 |
[11:18] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[11:20] | Scratch that. Moving on. | 你们当没听到 咱们继续玩 |
[11:25] | I mean, what is it with this place? | 这鬼地方到底怎么了 |
[11:27] | It’s — it’s like living inside an easy-bake oven. | 感觉像是在一个烤箱里 |
[11:30] | I mean, look out that window. | 你们往窗外看看 |
[11:31] | It’s — it’s like a soulless, | 外面简直就像 |
[11:34] | radioactive Georgia O’Keeffe hellscape out there, | 乔治亚·欧姬芙描绘的毫无生气的地狱 |
[11:37] | crawling with coral snakes and scorpions and… | 爬满了珊瑚蛇和蝎子以及… |
[11:40] | You ever see the movie “The Hills Have Eyes”? | 你们没看过《隔山有眼》吗 |
[11:40] | 恐怖片 核辐射杀人狂魔的故事 够胆你就看 | |
[11:42] | It’s a documentary! | 那简直就是个记录片 |
[11:44] | God forbid your car breaks down — | 你的车突然抛锚了 |
[11:46] | you have to walk 10 steps. | 你不得不下车步行 |
[11:47] | You got a melanoma the size of | 你的脑袋变成了 |
[11:49] | a pineapple where your head used to be. | 一个菠萝那么大的黑瘤子 |
[11:52] | And so you ask, “Why?” Why? | 你问我”为什么会这样” 为什么 |
[11:54] | If — if that’s how I feel, why do I live here? | 如果我感觉这么糟 为什么还待在这 |
[11:57] | Why?! | 是啊 为什么 |
[11:59] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[12:01] | Are you gonna read that number? | 你还说不说数字了 |
[12:02] | Yeah. I’m gonna read your number. | 说 我这就告诉你 |
[12:06] | And it’s another “B.” | 又是一个B |
[12:09] | It’s another frigging “B.” Boy, of course. | 又是一个该死的B 当然是B |
[12:12] | Why not? Why not?! | 为什么不是B呢 |
[12:17] | And the next number… | 下一个数字是… |
[12:27] | Uh, quick question — | 问个小问题 |
[12:28] | who here knows what a Chicago Sunroof is? | 谁知道”芝加哥天窗”是什么吗 |
[12:30] | Anybody? | 有人知道吗 |
[12:31] | You, sir? No? Okay. | 你知道吗 不知道 好吧 |
[12:34] | True story — uh, back home, uh, there was this guy named Chet. | 讲个真事 我老家那边有个叫切特的人 |
[12:39] | Now, Chet was a real asshole. | 他是个大混蛋 |
[12:41] | He might have owed me some money. | 他可能欠我的钱 |
[12:44] | He might have slept with my wife… | 也可能睡了我老婆… |
[12:47] | before she became my ex-wife. | 然后我老婆就变成了我前妻 |
[12:49] | The details don’t matter. | 细节不重要 |
[12:51] | Suffice it to say, I was wronged. | 总之 我被冤枉了 |
[12:55] | All right, so, one summer evening, | 那是一个夏日夜晚 |
[12:57] | I was out having a few drinks — one or two, maybe three. | 我出去喝了几杯 一杯两杯或者三杯 |
[13:01] | You get the picture? | 你们懂的 |
[13:02] | And, uh, who do I see? Chet. | 猜我这时候看到谁了 切特 |
[13:07] | He drove up, and he double-parked | 他开车过来 把车并排停在了 |
[13:09] | outside a Dairy Queen and went in to get some soft-serve. | 冰雪皇后门口 然后进去买冰淇淋了 |
[13:12] | Now, Chet drove — and this will give you an idea | 切特开的车可以说明 |
[13:14] | of exactly what kind of a douchebag this guy was — | 他是一个彻头彻尾的混蛋 |
[13:17] | drove a white pearlescent BMW 7 series | 他开着一辆珍珠白宝马7系 |
[13:21] | with white leather interior. | 内饰也是白色皮革的 |
[13:24] | So, I saw that thing, | 我看到了他的车 |
[13:25] | and I had — I’d had a few, like I said. | 我突然灵机一动 像我之前说的 |
[13:28] | And, uh… I climbed up top, | 我爬到了车顶 |
[13:32] | and I may have… | 可能… |
[13:37] | defecated, uh, through the sunroof. | 对着天窗拉了泡屎 |
[13:51] | Not my finest hour — I’ll grant you that. | 我并不引以为豪 |
[13:54] | But that’s what a Chicago Sunroof is. | 这就是”芝加哥天窗”的含义 |
[13:57] | Now you know. It’s a real thing. | 现在你们知道了 这是个真实的故事 |
[14:00] | I didn’t make it up. I’m not the first person to do it. | 不是我编的 我也不是第一个做这种事的 |
[14:04] | There’s a name for it. | 它是有专门名字的 |
[14:08] | Guy wanted some soft-serve — I gave him some soft-serve. | 他想要一些冰淇淋 那我就给他一些冰淇淋 |
[14:12] | I did not know that his children were in the backseat. | 我根本不知道他的孩子坐在车后座上 |
[14:16] | There was a level of tint on the windows | 他那车窗不是透明的 |
[14:19] | that I’ll maintain to this day | 至今我仍认为 |
[14:21] | was not legal in an Illinois-licensed vehicle. | 这在伊利诺伊州的车上是违法的 |
[14:25] | But somehow, that’s on me, I guess. | 但不知怎么的 这变成了我的错 |
[14:30] | Who leaves two cub scouts in a double-parked car | 谁会把车停在路边 不熄火 |
[14:33] | with the engine running?! | 还让两个孩子待在里面啊 |
[14:36] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[14:39] | Now, Chet was connected, see? | 切特人脉很广 |
[14:41] | Like, uh, Cicero connected. | 在西塞罗混得人熟 |
[14:44] | So, usually, I’d be looking at malicious mischief, | 通常情况 我会被指控故意损害他人财产 |
[14:47] | public intoxication, disorderly conduct, maybe, | 公共场所酗酒 妨碍社会治安 都有可能 |
[14:50] | but he’s got the D.A. saying indecent exposure, | 可是切特却让检察官指控我是个露阴癖 |
[14:55] | calling me a sex offender. What? | 把我说成是性侵犯 |
[14:57] | One little Chicago Sunroof, | 只是个小小的天窗恶作剧 |
[14:59] | and suddenly I’m Charles Manson?! | 突然间我就跟查尔斯·曼森[杀人狂]一样了 |
[15:02] | And that’s where it all went off the rails. | 从那以后一切都失控了 |
[15:05] | I’ve been paying for it ever since. | 我一直在为此付出代价 |
[15:08] | That’s why I’m here! | 这就是我为什么沦落到这 |
[15:14] | I don’t… | 我不 |
[15:20] | You know what? | 你们猜怎么着 |
[15:23] | Any of this stuff you want, come get it. | 这些东西你们想要就过来拿吧 |
[15:27] | Kitty-cat notebooks for everybody. | 小猫笔记本 每人一本 |
[16:43] | What can I get you? | 要点儿啥 |
[16:44] | Old style. | 老风格啤酒 |
[16:46] | Make it two. | 两瓶 |
[16:47] | You got it. | 好的 |
[16:49] | – What happened to Merna? – Merna? | -莫娜呢 -莫娜 |
[16:51] | She’s doing all right. | 她很好 |
[16:53] | She’s my stepmom. | 她是我继母 |
[16:54] | She don’t come in much anymore. | 她不常来了 |
[16:59] | Tell her Slippin’ Jimmy says hello. | 跟她说风流吉米向她问好 |
[17:01] | Slippin’ Jimmy? | “风流吉米” |
[17:02] | She’ll know. | 她知道的 |
[17:04] | I’ll tell her. | 我会告诉她的 |
[17:05] | That’ll be $5.50. | 一共五块五 |
[17:31] | Marco… | 马可 |
[17:33] | You gorgeous hunk of a man… | 你这头帅气壮熊 |
[17:36] | …how long will you keep me waiting? | 你要让我等多久 |
[17:40] | Mnh! Wake up, you fat son of a bitch. | 快醒醒 你个死胖子 |
[17:44] | Bought you a beer. | 给你买了瓶酒 |
[17:48] | Jimmy? | 吉米 |
[17:49] | In the flesh. | 正是在下 |
[17:55] | So, I’m not dark enough for you, huh? | 我还不够黑是吗 |
[17:57] | No, no. I’m just saying I don’t see any color. | 不不 我只是说你肤色没黑 |
[18:00] | I mean, 10 years in the desert, you should look like, uh, | 在沙漠里待了十年 你应该看起来像 |
[18:03] | Anthony Quinn in “Lawrence of Arabia.” | 《阿拉伯的劳伦斯》里的安东尼·奎恩才对 |
[18:06] | Turks — they paid me a golden treasure! | 土耳其人 他们给了我一堆财宝 |
[18:09] | – Yet I am poor… – because I am a… | -但我还是穷 -因为我是… |
[18:11] | – river to my people! – …river to my people! | -人民的河流 -人民的河流 |
[18:14] | Well, hey, I’m irish, okay? | 我可是爱尔兰人 |
[18:16] | I spend my time staying out of the sun. | 我可不待在太阳底下 |
[18:18] | Speaking of pale sons of bitches, | 说起脸色苍白的混蛋 |
[18:20] | how’s your brother doing? | 你哥哥怎么样了 |
[18:22] | Chuck’s fine. | 查克很好 |
[18:24] | Still working for him? | 你还在给他工作吗 |
[18:27] | Sometimes. | 有时候吧 |
[18:30] | What about you — I mean, besides falling asleep on a bar | 你呢 除了周三下午四点 |
[18:33] | at 4:00 on a Wednesday afternoon? | 在酒吧睡觉以外还干嘛 |
[18:37] | “Lake Michigan Standpipe”? | “密歇根湖竖管公司” |
[18:39] | – What’s that? – My brother-in-law owns the company. | -那是什么 -我姐夫的公司 |
[18:42] | Wait. Hold it. You got married? | 等等 你结婚了 |
[18:43] | No, no, no. My — my — my sister Angie’s husband. | 不不 我姐姐安吉的丈夫 |
[18:46] | So, what the hell’s a standpipe? | 竖管是个什么东西 |
[18:47] | Standpipe — you know what a standpipe is. | 你知道的啊 |
[18:49] | – I don’t think so. – Fire department comes. | -我不知道 -消防队来了 |
[18:52] | They stick one end of the hose on the hydrant. | 他们把水管的一端接到消防栓上 |
[18:54] | The other end goes on the standpipe. | 另一端接到竖管上 |
[18:55] | The water goes out the standpipe, | 水从竖管中出来 |
[18:57] | through the sprinklers, and then douses the flames. | 经过喷头 然后灭火 |
[19:00] | It’s important stuff. | 这是很重要的东西 |
[19:01] | So, that’s what a standpipe is, huh? | 这就是竖管吗 |
[19:03] | Well, it’s a dry standpipe. There’s also the wet standpipe. | 这只是干式竖管 还有湿式竖管 |
[19:06] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 |
[19:08] | I don’t know i-if I could explain it to a layman. | 我不知道怎么跟外行人解释 |
[19:16] | Excuse me. How’s your mom? | 不好意思 你妈妈还好吗 |
[19:19] | Oh, she passed away about three years ago. | 她三年前就去世了 |
[19:24] | Ah. That’s too bad. She was a great lady. | 真可惜 她是位了不起的女士 |
[19:27] | – Yeah. – From Wisconsin, right? | -是啊 -她是威斯康星州的 对吧 |
[19:29] | – Yeah. – The funeral out there? | -对啊 -葬礼也是在那儿办的吗 |
[19:34] | No, it was…here. | 不 就在这儿办的 |
[19:36] | Here? | 这里吗 |
[19:39] | Yeah, well, we were only in town for a few days, so… | 是的 我们只在镇上呆了几天 所以… |
[19:46] | You were in town. You didn’t look me up? | 你回来了怎么不找我 |
[19:48] | Chuck was in the middle of a big case, | 查克当时正在打一个大官司 |
[19:50] | and, uh, we couldn’t stay around, so… | 所以我们不能呆太久 所以… |
[19:58] | Can I get you guys anything else? | 你们还要点别的吗 |
[19:59] | I’m good. You want anything? | 我不用了 你呢 |
[20:02] | – Nah. – Your change here, too. | -不了 -给您的找零 |
[20:03] | Uh, yeah, okay. Hey. | 好的 |
[20:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:18] | How’s my Cutlass running? | 我的短剑汽车还好吧 |
[20:20] | Gets me around. | 我一直开着呢 |
[20:22] | Well, it’s a classic. | 那可是经典款啊 |
[20:25] | Little bodywork, paint job — really be something. | 只要车身稍微上点漆 简直帅呆了 |
[20:33] | So, what you gonna do while you’re here? | 那你这次回来是做什么呢 |
[20:35] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[20:36] | See the sights, you know, | 看看风景吧 |
[20:38] | Catch a cubbies game from the bleachers, | 去看台上看个球赛 |
[20:41] | Get a hot dog at Henry’s. | 去亨利店里吃个热狗 |
[20:45] | Mm-hmm. Yeah. | 对 对 |
[20:50] | Correct. | 正确 |
[20:54] | I’m gonna see them tomorrow. | 我明天去见他们 |
[20:57] | Yeah, both of them. | 是的 他们俩 |
[20:59] | Okay. Okay, bye. | 好的 再见 |
[21:03] | Is he a regular? | 他是常客吗 |
[21:05] | No. | 不是 |
[21:10] | You’re buying, I’m selling. | 你来买 我来卖 |
[21:16] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[21:27] | All I’m asking is that you take a look. | 就请你看一眼 |
[21:29] | I’m sorry, buddy — no offense. | 对不起 伙计 没有冒犯你的意思 |
[21:30] | I’m just — you know, I’m not interested. | 我真的不感兴趣 |
[21:33] | Come on, man. | 得了吧 伙计 |
[21:34] | What’s it gonna hurt to take a look? | 看一眼又不会怎么样 |
[21:35] | It’ll take you two seconds. | 只占用你两秒钟 |
[21:40] | All right. | 好吧 |
[21:41] | All right. Show me what you got. | 好吧 给我看看 |
[21:45] | Boom. | 瞧 |
[21:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:51] | Do you see it? | 你看到了吗 |
[21:53] | I see a Kennedy half-dollar. | 我看到一枚肯尼迪五十美分币 |
[21:55] | Which way is he facing? | 他面朝哪里 |
[21:57] | JFK’s facing left. | 他面朝左 |
[22:00] | Exactly. | 正确 |
[22:02] | Hey, which way is he supposed to be facing? | 那么他应该面朝哪个方向呢 |
[22:07] | Right — he’s supposed to be facing right. | 右 他应该面朝右的 |
[22:10] | Okay, so why — why is this one facing left? | 好吧 那么为什么这枚币上是朝左呢 |
[22:15] | November 22, 1963 — | 1963年11月22日 |
[22:18] | Kennedy is assassinated, right? | 肯尼迪遇刺 对吧 |
[22:20] | The whole nation goes into mourning. | 举国哀恸 |
[22:23] | They start naming everything in sight after him. | 人们开始把看到的每件东西都以他命名 |
[22:25] | And the mint wants in on the act. | 造币厂也想掺一脚 |
[22:27] | So, in ’64, | 因此在六四年 |
[22:28] | they decide to change the Lincoln half-dollar | 他们决定把林肯五十美分币 |
[22:30] | into the Kennedy half-dollar. | 改成肯尼迪五十美分币 |
[22:32] | When they design it, they put Kennedy facing right, | 当初设计时 肯尼迪是面朝右的 |
[22:35] | facing east, just the way they had Lincoln. | 即面朝东 和林肯的朝向一样 |
[22:37] | You know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[22:39] | East symbolizes the dawn. | 东方象征着黎明 |
[22:41] | It’s why pretty much every grave everywhere faces east, you know? | 这也是为什么每座坟墓也是面朝东的 懂吗 |
[22:44] | So the spirit of the dead person faces the rising sun. | 好让逝者的灵魂面朝初升的太阳 |
[22:47] | You know, it’s a death thing. It’s a burial thing. | 这是丧葬习俗 |
[22:49] | But there’s one technician in the Denver Mint, right? | 然而丹佛造币厂有个技术人员 |
[22:51] | And this guy — he believed in, uh, the New Frontier — | 这个人 他相信肯尼迪政府的新疆界政策 |
[22:55] | Camelot, the whole deal. | 光辉岁月 这些施政理念 |
[22:56] | So, the assassination just destroyed him. | 因此肯尼迪遇刺对他是个毁灭性打击 |
[22:59] | When he sees that coin with Kennedy facing east, | 当他看到币上肯尼迪面朝东方 |
[23:01] | facing the American past, pissed him off. | 面朝美国的过去时 他被激怒了 |
[23:05] | And so he went rogue. | 所以他特立独行 |
[23:06] | Without telling anybody, | 在没有告诉任何人的情况下 |
[23:08] | he flipped things around | 他把设计翻了个面 |
[23:09] | so that Kennedy was facing west, | 好让肯尼迪面朝西方 |
[23:11] | towards the new frontier, the future. | 朝向新疆界 朝向未来 |
[23:13] | Now, the mint struck about 3,000 of these | 铸造了大约三千枚这样的错币之后 |
[23:16] | before they figured it out. | 造币厂才发现其中端倪 |
[23:17] | They canned the guy. | 这名技术人员被抓 |
[23:18] | About 1,000 of them made it out into general circulation. | 有大约一千枚错币进入市场流通 |
[23:21] | They managed to get most of them back, | 后来大部分被追回 |
[23:23] | melt them down, but… | 然后被熔毁 不过… |
[23:25] | there are still… | 还是有… |
[23:27] | …200-plus floating around out there. | 大概两百多枚在外流通 |
[23:31] | What’s that? I didn’t catch that. | 你说啥 我没听清 |
[23:34] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么也没说 |
[23:36] | Do you mind, buddy? | 你不介意吧 伙计 |
[23:37] | We’re having a private conversation here. | 我们正在聊些私事儿 |
[23:41] | This one’s not in perfect condition, | 这枚品相不算最好 |
[23:43] | but on the open market, | 但市面上的价格 |
[23:46] | I’d say it’s worth… 600 or 800 bucks. | 我想它还是会值… 六到八百块 |
[23:50] | $800? | 八百块 |
[23:52] | Yeah, but I’m hard up, | 是的 不过我实在手头紧 |
[23:54] | So I’ll take, uh, $100 for it. | 所以一百块便宜出了 |
[23:58] | You want me to give you $100 for a half-dollar. | 你想让我出一百块买你的五十分硬币 |
[24:01] | I want you to give me $100 for an $800 coin. | 我想让你出一百块 买价值八百块的硬币 |
[24:06] | Yeah, I don’t know, man. You know? | 算了吧 哥们 |
[24:10] | I’m gonna go drain the snake. Think about it. | 我先去方便一下 你再想想 |
[24:21] | This guy’s playing me, right? | 那货在耍我 对吧 |
[24:23] | Definitely. | 当然了 |
[24:24] | Slick son of a bitch. | 真是个王八蛋 |
[24:26] | You know, I should… | 我看 我就应该… |
[24:32] | You know what? I know this guy on Wabash — | 告诉你 我在沃巴什认识一个人 |
[24:35] | Coin dealer, a friend of my uncle’s. | 是个钱币商 我叔叔的朋友 |
[24:38] | Hey, Joey, can I use your phone? | 乔伊 用用你的电话行吗 |
[24:40] | – Local call. – Keep it short. | -就打给本地人 -别打太久 |
[24:41] | Right on. | 好 |
[24:44] | Let’s see. Man. | 我找找号码 |
[24:47] | I’m gonna call this guy, and when he tells me this is a scam, | 我给他打个电话 如果他说这是个骗局 |
[24:50] | You know what I’m gonna do? I’m gonna call the cops | 你知道我要干嘛吗 我要报警 |
[24:53] | and get this scumbag thrown in the can. | 让那混蛋进局子 |
[24:54] | You’re my witness, okay? | 你就是我的证人 行吗 |
[24:58] | Facing west. | 还面朝西 |
[25:01] | My hairy ass. | 放狗屁 |
[25:04] | Hey. How you doing? | 你好啊 |
[25:07] | Yeah, it’s Alvin, Dave Tanner’s nephew. | 我是阿尔文 戴夫·坦纳的侄子 |
[25:10] | Yeah, mm-hmm. | 是啊是啊 |
[25:13] | Yeah, that’s right. | 没错 |
[25:15] | Hey, this is gonna sound like the beginning of a bad joke, | 我要和你说件事 可不是开玩笑 |
[25:17] | but, uh, I’m in this bar, and I’ve got this guy | 我在酒吧里碰见个人 |
[25:20] | spinning this cock-and-bull story | 满嘴跑火车 |
[25:21] | about this, uh, 50-cent piece he’s trying to sell me. | 想卖给我个五十分硬币 |
[25:24] | He says, uh — says Kennedy’s supposed to be | 他说什么肯尼迪的脸 |
[25:27] | facing west or something. | 本应该是朝西的 |
[25:32] | Yeah | 没错 |
[25:36] | Yeah? | 这样啊 |
[25:40] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[25:43] | At the tone, the time will be 5:11 P.M. | 提示音响时为下午五时十一分 |
[25:46] | Yeah. That’s what he said — Denver. | 没错 他说的就是丹佛 |
[25:50] | Jesus. No kidding? | 天哪 你没开玩笑吧 |
[25:51] | – At the tone… – Well, listen, I got to go. | -提示音… – 那个 我得挂了 |
[25:53] | All right? Uh, thank you. | 好吗 谢谢你 |
[25:55] | And I owe you one. | 你可帮了我大忙 |
[25:59] | Thanks, Joey. | 谢谢 乔伊 |
[26:01] | So, what did he say? | 他怎么说的 |
[26:03] | Yeah, you know, he — he didn’t really know much. | 这个嘛 他说 他也不太清楚 |
[26:09] | I’ll tell you what — I’ll give you $50 for it. | 这样 给你五十块 我买你的硬币 |
[26:12] | $50? I’m taking a bath at $100. | 才五十 卖一百块我都不赚 |
[26:14] | A-all right. Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:16] | Look, I got… $64 right here. | 你看 我这有六十四块 |
[26:19] | It’s an $800 coin, okay? | 这可是价值八百块的硬币 |
[26:21] | I’m not gonna sell it to you for $64. | 怎么能六十四块就卖给你 |
[26:23] | Okay, if you wait for me, I’ll get you 100 bucks. | 这样 你等着我 我马上拿一百块来 |
[26:25] | – I don’t know. – Okay. | -也行吧 -好吧 |
[26:27] | Hey, buddy, I got 75 bucks right here. | 哥们 我这儿有七十五块 |
[26:30] | I-I — sorry. I need $100. | 对不起 一百块我才卖 |
[26:33] | Hey, slick, nobody’s talking to you. | 没人和你说话 |
[26:34] | Mind your own business, okay, come on? | 管好你自己的事就行了 |
[26:37] | Cash money, $80. | 那八十块现金呢 |
[26:39] | Look, if you give me a chance, I’ll be back with $110. | 你要是等等我 我等下给你一百一 |
[26:42] | How long will that be? | 等多久 |
[26:43] | I don’t know. I got to catch a train, come back — | 我不知道 我得先去赶火车 再回来 |
[26:44] | – Hour, hour and a half at the most. – Yeah, you know, this guy | -一小时 最多一个半小时 -你知道吗 |
[26:45] | – was getting ready to call the cops on you. – No, I was not. | -这人刚才还说要报警抓你 -我没说 |
[26:47] | What? Why would you do that? | 什么 你怎么这样 |
[26:49] | That — that — now this guy is making shit up! | 这都是他胡编乱造的 |
[26:50] | Hey, I got $110 right here. | 我这儿有一百一 |
[26:51] | – Sold. – No! No, no, no, no, no, no. | -就卖给你了 -不行不行 |
[26:53] | This guy’s got the cash. Now… | 人家给的可是现金 |
[26:54] | – Don’t do that. – Here, take care of that. | -你不能这样 -拿好 |
[26:56] | That’s history right there. | 这可是有历史价值的 |
[26:57] | – Hey, you can’t do that. – Hey, money talks. | -你怎么能这样 -怪你自己没钱吧 |
[26:59] | You lost. It’s over. | 游戏结束 你输了 |
[27:00] | No, it’s not over. No, that’s crap. | 什么结束 你放什么狗屁 |
[27:03] | And where do you think you’re going, huh? | 你要去哪你 |
[27:04] | Hey, back off, dude. | 哥们 别碰我 |
[27:05] | Yeah, I’ll back off when you give me the JFK back. | 你把硬币给我 我就放你走 |
[27:08] | Hey, Joey, call the cops. | 乔伊 快报警 |
[27:09] | This guy just tried to rip me off. | 这人抢了我的钱 |
[27:10] | Hey, this guy’s a liar. I did not rip anybody off. | 他才是骗子 我谁也没骗 |
[27:12] | Yes, you did! | 你怎么没骗 |
[27:13] | You come back in here, and your ass is grass! | 你敢回来 看我揍不死你 |
[27:15] | I got friends, buddy! | 我上头有人 |
[27:17] | Do you hear me?! You double-dealing bastard! | 记住了吗 你个死骗子 |
[27:20] | I got friends! | 我朋友一抓一大把 |
[27:27] | You are so beautiful! | 你真棒 |
[27:31] | Hey, everybody, next round’s on us! | 大家听着 下一杯酒我们请 |
[27:42] | All right. Are you listening? | 好 你在听我说吗 |
[27:45] | Can you keep a secret? | 能保密吗 |
[27:47] | Yeah. Absolutely. | 当然了 没问题 |
[27:50] | Okay, his name is Idi Abbassi. | 那人叫伊迪·阿巴西 |
[27:53] | He’s 27 years old. | 二十七岁 |
[27:55] | He’s a Nigerian prince, all right? | 是尼日利亚王子 |
[27:56] | He’s worth, conservatively, $400 million. | 他的身价 少说也有四亿美元 |
[28:01] | 出自于博尔赫斯的小说 《特隆 乌克巴尔 奥比斯·特蒂乌斯》 | |
[28:01] | The dictatorship of Equatorial Uqbar Orbis | 赤道乌克巴尔奥比斯国的独裁政权 |
[28:04] | is detaining him on trumped-up charges. | 诬告他 并将他扣押 |
[28:06] | Now, the Abbassi family — they’re going crazy. | 阿巴西的家人快急疯了 |
[28:08] | They will reward whoever helps them get their boy back. | 任何帮他们把儿子救出来的人 都能受重赏 |
[28:11] | The hitch is, the banks have frozen their……assets | 但问题是 银行冻结了他们的资产 |
[28:13] | I’m talking Irish sweeps tickets, | 我说的是爱尔兰的赛马马票 |
[28:15] | a whole trunk full of ’em. | 满满一车都是 |
[28:17] | They’re just sitting at O’Hare, impounded in customs. | 就在芝加哥奥黑尔机场 被海关扣押 |
[28:20] | Now, I know what you’re saying, “So what?” | 我知道你想说”那又怎样” |
[28:23] | I can leave this as security, but you got to understand — | 我本可以用它作抵押 但你要知道 |
[28:25] | this violin is my livelihood. It’s a valuable antique. | 这把小提琴就是我的命根 是价值连城的古董 |
[28:28] | What do you mean it doesn’t belong to you? | 为什么说它不是你的 |
[28:30] | I’ll pay you 900 bucks for this — cash on the barrel. | 我出九百块买你这个 现金支付 |
[28:33] | I don’t know. I hate to part with it. | 我不想卖 我可不想离开我的琴 |
[28:35] | It’s been in my family for years. | 它在我家已经很多年了 |
[28:36] | You can keep a secret, right? | 你会保密的 对吧 |
[28:37] | Yeah, absolutely. | 当然了 |
[28:38] | But the point is, you need a good front, | 不过关键是得有个好名头 |
[28:39] | so you’re gonna have the most return on your dollars. | 这样才能获得最大收益 |
[28:42] | But I know this customs officer… | 但我知道一个海关人员… |
[28:44] | …that money, then make it an investment. | 那些钱 做个很好的投资 |
[28:45] | …if the price is right. | 如果价格合理 |
[28:46] | And I’m all about investments, all about what’s coming next. | 我只关心投资 只关心收益 |
[28:48] | Hey, kid, help me get my wife’s car | 小子 帮我把我老婆的车 |
[28:50] | out of this bad neighborhood. | 从那治安混乱的街区里开出来 |
[28:52] | Sir, sir, could you help me? | 先生 先生 能帮我个忙吗 |
[28:54] | Tell me — are these today’s numbers? | 告诉我 这些是今天的数字吗 |
[28:56] | Now, none of this was strictly legal, | 没有一个是完全合法的 |
[28:58] | – and the import taxes would have been a killer… – have at it. | -进口税高得吓人… -试试吧 |
[29:00] | …so he had to find a way to get the money into the country | 所以他必须想办法让钱神不知鬼不觉地 |
[29:03] | without anyone knowing about it. | 流入国内 |
[29:04] | He coated the cash with this black stuff — | 他在钞票上涂了一层黑色的东西… |
[29:06] | Vectrol paste. | 威克创胶 |
[29:07] | And the only way to get it off is with a special chemical. | 只有用一种特殊的化学药品才能将其除掉 |
[29:11] | It’s not cheap, but the upside? | 虽然价格不菲 但利润呢 |
[29:13] | The upside is huge. | 利润相当可观 |
[29:15] | Can you keep a secret? | 你能替我保守秘密吗 |
[29:17] | You know, the guy in “Dances with Wolves”? | 就是《与狼共舞》里的那个人 |
[29:21] | A guy like you, who’s got some money, | 一个像你这样的人 有钱 |
[29:23] | who’s got some money to throw around… | 有钱拿来挥霍… |
[29:24] | Now, I know what you’re saying — “Who cares?” | 我知道你想说”谁在乎呢” |
[29:26] | No matter which one wins, we’re gonna get a piece. | 不管哪一方得利 我们都会分一杯羹 |
[29:28] | He’s got a gambling problem. | 他嗜赌如命 |
[29:29] | Nobody can ever come after you, but you get the profit. | 你从中获利 没有人会来找你的麻烦 |
[29:32] | – The price is right. – It’s a win-win for you. | -价格很合理 -对你来讲是双赢 |
[29:34] | It’s a lose-lose for everybody else. | 对其他人都是双输的局面 |
[29:36] | You want to tell the guy you’ve got a 14. | 告诉他你有张十四 |
[29:38] | – He checks… – That’s why we’re getting a consortium together. | -他去查… -所以我们要合伙 |
[29:39] | – …realizes he’s… – it’s not gonna just be you. | -发现他… -不只你一个人 |
[29:42] | It’s gonna be a piece of the pie. | 只是其中的一部分 |
[29:44] | But you’re gonna own a full mountain range, guaranteed. | 但我保证你会获得巨大的利益 |
[29:49] | – Can you keep… – …a secret? | -你能保守 -秘密吗 |
[29:50] | ’cause I really… | 因为我真的… |
[29:51] | …really shouldn’t… | 真的不该… |
[29:52] | …shouldn’t be telling you this. | 不该告诉你这些 |
[30:15] | You are not Kevin Costner. | 你不是凯文·科斯特纳 |
[30:19] | I was last night. | 昨晚我是 |
[30:22] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[30:25] | Asshole. | 混蛋 |
[30:28] | I mean, seriously? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[30:31] | Oh, my god. | 老天 |
[30:31] | – Lucianne?! Lucianne! – What? | -露西安 露西安 -干什么 |
[30:34] | – He’s not Kevin Costner. – What?! | -他不是凯文·科斯特纳 -什么 |
[30:36] | Well, who’s this guy? | 那他是谁 |
[30:37] | Uh, not Kevin Costner’s manager. | 也不是凯文·科斯特纳的经纪人 |
[30:39] | Oh, come on. Come on. Let’s go. | 来吧 我们走 |
[30:41] | Uh, hang on. Got to get my dress on. | 等等 我要把裙子先穿上 |
[30:43] | Come on. Get the hell out of this dump. | 走吧 快离开这破地方 |
[30:47] | So, are you sure he’s not a manager? | 你确定他不是经纪人吗 |
[30:50] | Yes, Luci, I am sure. | 是的 露西 我确定 |
[30:52] | But he said he was gonna give me his card. | 但他说会把他的卡给我用的 |
[30:54] | Does this look like a manager’s place? | 你觉得这里像是经纪人住的地方吗 |
[30:56] | – Maybe. – Can I interest you ladies in some mimosas? | -也许吧 -二位对含羞草鸡尾酒感兴趣吗 |
[31:00] | At least stick around long enough to get dressed. | 至少留下来把衣服穿好啊 |
[31:03] | Screw you. | 去死吧 |
[31:04] | If you build it, I will come. | 如果你建了 我就会来 |
[31:06] | Lucy, come on. | 露西 快走 |
[31:07] | Okay. Bye. | 好的 再见 |
[31:11] | Come on. | 快走 |
[31:12] | That door sticks. | 那扇门很难开 |
[31:14] | – Yeah, okay. I got it. – Okay. | -我知道 我能打开 -好吧 |
[31:17] | – Go. Go. – Okay. | -快走 -好的 |
[32:16] | You have 15 messages. | 你有十五条留言 |
[32:19] | This is Greta Muller. | 我是葛丽塔·穆勒 |
[32:21] | I wanted to check to see if my wi– | 我想知道我的遗嘱是否… |
[32:24] | My name’s Gary Albert Arnold. | 我的名字叫加里·阿尔伯特·阿诺德 |
[32:26] | I’d like to discuss making a — | 我想跟你探讨一下… |
[32:28] | Hi, Mr. McGill. | 你好 麦吉尔先生 |
[32:29] | I’m calling on behalf of my mother. | 我代表我母亲给你打电话 |
[32:31] | She’s in assisted living, and — | 她在生活协助中心… |
[32:33] | Uh, yes, Mr. McGill, this is Manny Hollinger…again. | 麦吉尔先生 我是曼尼·霍林格 |
[32:36] | Uh, I hate to — | 我真不想… |
[32:38] | Hey, Mr. McGill… | 你好 麦吉尔先生… |
[32:39] | So, what’s it gonna be today, pal? | 今天打算干什么 伙计 |
[32:42] | I’m up for anything and everything. | 我已经做好一切准备了 |
[32:46] | Marco, I’m sorry. I got to go back. | 马可 很抱歉 我要回去了 |
[32:49] | What? | 什么 |
[32:51] | Uh, it’s been great, and I appreciate your hospitality, | 我过得很愉快 很感谢你的款待 |
[32:55] | but a week’s gonna have to do it. | 但一周已经足够了 |
[32:58] | I got to go home. | 我要回家了 |
[33:01] | I already called in sick. | 可我已经请病假了 |
[33:06] | Come on, man. This is home. Y-you hate it out there. | 老兄 这里才是你的家 你不喜欢那里 |
[33:08] | What do you got to go back to? | 你回去又能干什么呢 |
[33:11] | My clients. | 我的委托人 |
[33:13] | Clients. | 委托人 |
[33:15] | What — what are you — like a gigolo or something? | 怎么 你是… 你是小白脸吗 |
[33:20] | Uh, Marco… | 马可… |
[33:24] | …I’m a lawyer. | 我是律师 |
[33:27] | What? | 什么 |
[33:29] | Honest to god. | 我发誓 |
[33:30] | I do Elder law, which is like wills and estates. | 我专攻老年法 就是遗嘱和财产相关事宜 |
[33:33] | So you’re ripping off old people? | 所以你欺骗那些老年人吗 |
[33:35] | No, I’m not ripping off old people. | 不 我没有欺骗老年人 |
[33:37] | I’m not ripping off anybody. | 我没欺骗任何人 |
[33:40] | Holy crap. Slippin’ Jimmy’s a lawyer? | 老天呐 风流吉米是律师 |
[33:44] | No wonder you want to go back. | 怪不得你要回去 |
[33:46] | I mean, you got to be king of the desert, | 你一定是沙漠之王 |
[33:48] | driving around town in a white caddy, making bank. | 开白色卡迪拉克招摇过市 赚大钱 |
[33:51] | I’m not making bank. | 我没有赚大钱 |
[33:52] | I’m making a living, more or less. | 只是勉强糊口 差不多吧 |
[33:54] | A living? | 糊口 |
[33:56] | All due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[33:56] | you’re a lawyer and you’re not making bank, | 你是律师 却没有赚大钱 |
[33:59] | you’re doing it wrong. | 那你一定是方式有问题 |
[34:00] | Well, I’m building something. Takes time. | 我在开拓市场 要花费些时间 |
[34:02] | Well, you’re gonna build something, build it out here. | 想开拓市场的话 就在这里开拓吧 |
[34:04] | I mean, lawyers in Chicago make plenty — I assure you. | 在芝加哥当律师很赚钱 我保证 |
[34:07] | Yeah, I don’t know what to tell you, Marco. I — | 我不知道怎么跟你说 马可 |
[34:10] | Chuck’s in Albuquerque. | 查克在阿尔布开克 |
[34:11] | Again, all due respect — Chuck’s a stuck-up douchebag. | 再恕我直言 查克是个自大的混蛋 |
[34:15] | I hate to break it to you, but he doesn’t even like you. | 我不想太直白 但他根本不喜欢你 |
[34:21] | He’s my brother. | 他是我哥 |
[34:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:27] | I-I get it — family. | 我懂 毕竟是家人 |
[34:30] | You got to go back. But… | 你得回去 但… |
[34:41] | …remember this? | 还记得这个吗 |
[34:43] | The Rolex thing. What– | 劳力士表 |
[34:44] | Whatever happened to the guy who used to sell us those? | 把这些表卖给我们的人怎么了 |
[34:47] | Jin Kang? He got deported. | 金康 他被驱逐出境了 |
[34:49] | This is the last one. I say we go for it. | 这是最后一块 我们干吧 |
[34:54] | – No. – Oh, come on. | -不行 -干吧 |
[34:55] | Last time, we did what? $600? | 上次我们赚了多少 六百美元 |
[34:57] | The hot streak we’re on, I bet we break a grand, easy. | 我们趁热打铁 轻轻松松卖上千 |
[35:00] | I could lend you some cash. | 我可以借你些现金 |
[35:01] | I don’t need the money, Jimmy. | 我不需要你的钱 吉米 |
[35:03] | I need this. | 我要干活儿 |
[35:06] | Come on. You say you’re happy doing wills or whatever, | 来吧 你很乐意帮别人立遗嘱 |
[35:08] | good for you, man, seriously. | 说真的 那很不错 |
[35:10] | But I got to tell you — | 但我得告诉你 |
[35:11] | Standpipes ain’t cutting it for me, man. | 竖管公司赚的钱不够我花 兄弟 |
[35:15] | I got nothing, Jimmy. | 我一无所有 吉米 |
[35:18] | Give me this. | 听我一次 |
[35:22] | Give me this, man. | 听我的 兄弟 |
[35:24] | I can’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[35:24] | Come on. Give me this. | 跟我干吧 |
[35:26] | – Marco. – Give me this. | -马可 -来吧 |
[35:27] | – Come on. Come on. – Buddy, listen to me. | -来吧 -兄弟 听我说 |
[35:29] | I’m listening. Come on. | 我在听 来吧 |
[35:30] | Just one last time. | 就这最后一次 |
[35:31] | – Come on. – I’m not being hypnotized. | -来吧 -我不会被你催眠 |
[35:33] | – No? Okay. Come on, one more time. – I can’t do it. | -不会吗 最后一次 -不行 |
[35:36] | Just one more — one more. | 就最后一次 |
[35:38] | – Hey, listen to me. – Just listen to you. | -听我说 -听你说了 |
[35:39] | Yeah, I’m listening. Come on. | 我在听 来吧 |
[36:50] | It’s got to come from the gut, man. | 声音从腹部出来 兄弟 |
[36:51] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -没错 -没错 |
[36:55] | Oh, that’s crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[36:57] | Just like a wolf. Go ahead. | 就像一头狼 你来 |
[37:00] | No, deeper, deeper. | 不 再深一点 |
[37:02] | Yeah, and you do that right at the moment of, | 没错 每当感到快乐无比时 |
[37:05] | you know, pure joy… | 就这么嚎 |
[37:06] | – Yeah. – …and it will escalate it 10… | -没错 -快感会增强到… |
[37:10] | …10 times. | 十倍 |
[37:11] | There’s something, | 这种东西 |
[37:12] | – it’s prehistoric. – Hey, hey. Look. | -史前就有了 -你看 |
[37:24] | $50, $200, $400. | 五十 两百 四百 |
[37:28] | – Whose is it? – I don’t know. | -这是谁的 -不知道 |
[37:31] | There’s got to be 1,000 bucks in here. | 这里应该有一千块 |
[37:33] | Somebody must have… | 肯定有人… |
[37:38] | Oh, damn. | 靠 |
[37:51] | Is he, uh… | 他还… |
[37:53] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[38:26] | Hey, buddy, you with us? | 兄弟 听得到吗 |
[38:30] | Look, the guy’s just had too many. | 这家伙喝多了吧 |
[38:34] | I say we move on. You want to split this? | 我们走吧 你想把钱分了吗 |
[38:38] | Marco, you okay? | 马可 你没事吧 |
[38:40] | Marco? | 马可 |
[38:42] | What — do you know this guy? | 什么 你认识这人 |
[38:44] | Hey, call 911. | 快报警 |
[38:46] | Call 911! | 快报警 |
[38:59] | I need an ambulance. | 叫救护车 |
[39:00] | My friend’s having a heart attack. | 我朋友犯心脏病了 |
[39:02] | We’re in an alley, | 在一条巷子里 |
[39:04] | Uh, Southeast of LaSalle and Shermer. | 拉塞尔和薛莫街的东南边 |
[39:06] | No, I-I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:07] | He was like this when I found him. | 我找到他时就这样了 |
[39:09] | Hey, hold — | 别挂 |
[39:11] | Marco, Marco, you with me? | 马可 马可 能听到吗 |
[39:13] | – You with me? – I screwed up. | -能听到吗 -我搞砸了 |
[39:14] | No, you did — you did good, buddy. | 不 你很棒 兄弟 |
[39:16] | Just hold on, all right? They’re on their way. | 坚持住 行吗 他们在路上了 |
[39:18] | They’ll be here in a minute. | 马上就过来 |
[39:20] | Jimmy, you know what? | 吉米 你知道吗 |
[39:21] | Just s-save your breath, okay? | 别说话 省口气吧 |
[39:22] | You’re gonna be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[39:23] | This was the greatest week of my life. | 这是我人生最快乐的一周 |
[39:37] | Hang in there! | 坚持住 |
[39:41] | Hey, wake up, man! | 醒醒 兄弟 |
[39:43] | Come on! Marco, buddy! | 快醒醒 马可 |
[39:48] | Help! | 救命啊 |
[39:52] | Anybody! | 有人吗 |
[39:57] | Marco! | 马可 |
[40:09] | Hey, jimmy. | 吉米 |
[40:10] | Oh, hey, bud. | 兄弟 |
[40:12] | Can I bum one? | 能给根烟吗 |
[40:24] | Is that his? | 这是他的吗 |
[40:26] | Yeah. His mom gave it to me. | 没错 他妈给我的 |
[40:30] | Thought it looked familiar. | 就说很眼熟 |
[40:31] | I figured I’d wear it today, | 觉得今天该戴着 |
[40:33] | but I don’t know. | 但不太确定 |
[40:35] | I’m not a big ring guy, so… | 我不喜欢大戒指 所以… |
[40:39] | Still. Could be worth a couple of bucks. | 还能值几个钱呢 |
[40:56] | Better head back. | 得进去了 |
[40:58] | See you inside. | 里头见 |
[41:24] | Is this Ferris Bueller? | 是弗瑞斯·巴勒吗 |
[41:26] | Speaking. | 你说 |
[41:28] | I don’t want to interrupt your big day off. | 没想打扰你的假期 |
[41:30] | Just checking in. What are you up to? | 我就问问 准备干嘛呀 |
[41:32] | You know, burning down the place. | 把这地方烧了 |
[41:35] | I wouldn’t expect any less. | 就知道你会这样 |
[41:37] | So, whatever it was, did you get it out of your system? | 不管怎样 你现在还生气吗 |
[41:42] | Yep, all gone. | 不生气了 |
[41:44] | Good. I want to run something by you. | 很好 我想告诉你一些进展 |
[41:47] | The Sandpiper case — it’s getting too big for HHM. | 矶鹞渡一案 哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所接不下 |
[41:50] | Howard’s decided to partner with another firm. | 霍华德决定和另一家公司合作 |
[41:52] | Davis and Main. You heard of them? | 戴维斯梅因律所 你听说过他们吗 |
[41:54] | – Sure, up in Santa Fe. – Right. | -当然 在圣达菲 -没错 |
[41:57] | Well, they’ve heard of you, too, and they’re interested. | 他们也听说过你 并且很感兴趣 |
[42:01] | They want to make you an offer contingent on an interview. | 他们想给你个面试机会 |
[42:03] | They’ve got a partner-track position in mind. | 他们考虑给你合伙人机会 |
[42:05] | Wait. What? | 等下 什么 |
[42:06] | Partner track? What are you talking about? | 合伙人机会 你是什么意思 |
[42:08] | I’m talking about there’s an office in Santa Fe | 我是说在圣达菲有一间 |
[42:10] | with your name on it, or there could be, | 写有你名字的办公室 或是可能有 |
[42:14] | and you’d be working on your case. | 你可以接自己的案子 |
[42:17] | I — well, I — | 我 |
[42:20] | I don’t even, uh… | 我不… |
[42:24] | Chuck wouldn’t like it. | 查克不会同意的 |
[42:25] | Chuck has no say in this. | 查克管不着 |
[42:27] | You wouldn’t be working for HHM, | 你不是为他工作 |
[42:28] | and Chuck can’t tell Davis and Main who to hire. | 查克不能左右戴维斯梅因律所 |
[42:31] | Why me? | 为什么是我 |
[42:32] | Is this like a tax write-off or a charity thing? | 这是为了扣税还是搞慈善啊 |
[42:35] | What’s the angle, huh? | 目的是什么 |
[42:36] | Jimmy, we’ve been talking to your clients, | 吉米 我们一直在跟你的委托人联系 |
[42:38] | the Sandpiper residents, | 矶鹞渡的那些老人 |
[42:40] | and they ask about you every chance they get. | 他们一有机会就会问到你 |
[42:42] | I don’t know what it is, but you have a way with them. | 我不知道怎么回事 但他们很喜欢你 |
[42:47] | Old people love me. | 老人都爱我 |
[42:48] | So…sounds good? | 那就这么说定了 |
[42:55] | Kim, I can’t imagine what you did to make this happen. | 金 我无法想象你为此做了多少努力 |
[42:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[43:00] | I didn’t do anything… much. | 我也没做 太多 |
[43:02] | And believe it or not, Howard’s been pushing this, too. | 不管你信不信 霍华德也为此做出了努力 |
[43:06] | Good, old Howard. | 老好人霍华德啊 |
[43:08] | Listen, we’re gonna be down in Judge Murray’s court | 听着 周四上午十一点 |
[43:10] | on Thursday at 11:00. | 我们会在默里法官的法庭 |
[43:12] | The Davis and Main people will be there. | 戴维斯梅因律所的人也会在那儿 |
[43:14] | It’d be the perfect chance for you to meet them. | 那时候见他们再好不过了 |
[43:16] | Thursday at 11:00. All right, I’ll be there. | 周四上午十一点 好的 我准时到 |
[43:18] | Thanks, Kim, really. | 真的谢谢你 金 |
[43:20] | I’ll see you then. | 到时见 |
[43:33] | All the originals need to be copied and filed. | 所有原件都需复印并归档 |
[43:36] | See, I’ve written right here on the box — “Copy and file.” | 我在盒子上写了 “复印和归档” |
[43:38] | That’s to make it as clear as possible. | 就是为了表达清楚 |
[43:40] | Got it, Mr. McGill. Anything else? | 明白了 麦吉尔先生 还有什么需要吗 |
[43:42] | Well, on the grocery front, | 关于食品方面 |
[43:43] | almost everything was right this time. | 这次几乎都买对了 |
[43:45] | – Great. – Almost. | -太好了 -“几乎” |
[43:47] | Um, it’s a small thing, but to my taste, | 只是件小事 但按我的口味 |
[43:49] | the, uh, Granny Smith apples are a bit too tart. | 澳洲青苹果有点儿太酸了 |
[43:52] | – Those are the green ones, right? – Right. | -你说的是那些绿色的对吗 -是的 |
[43:54] | I prefer the red ones, but not Red Delicious. | 我喜欢红色的那些 但不是红蛇果 |
[43:57] | Those are generally tasteless. | 那些基本上没什么味道 |
[43:58] | Fujis should be in season. | 富士苹果应该上市了 |
[44:01] | It’s not a major issue, but… | 这不是什么大事 但是 |
[44:03] | Yeah. Fuji apples. | 明白了 富士苹果 |
[44:04] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[44:05] | Oh, and I’d like to try soy milk, | 我还想喝豆奶 |
[44:07] | so maybe a half gallon of that. | 所以可以买半加仑 |
[44:08] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[44:11] | Well, thank you, Ernesto. | 谢谢 欧内斯托 |
[44:12] | I appreciate your attention to detail. | 非常感谢你能注意细节 |
[44:16] | Do you need to write any of this down? | 你不需要把这些都写下来吗 |
[44:19] | ‘Cause it’s okay if you do. | 写下来更好 |
[44:22] | You know, just to be sure. | 到时记得住 |
[44:25] | So, Fuji apples. | 富士苹果 |
[44:46] | Hey, Ernie. | 你好 欧尼 |
[44:47] | How you doing, man? | 最近怎么样 伙计 |
[44:49] | Good, good. | 还不错 |
[44:50] | So, Howard’s got you looking after Chuck, huh? | 霍华德让你来照顾查克啊 |
[44:52] | Yeah. It’s a few extra bucks, you know? | 是啊 能多挣些 |
[44:55] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么样 |
[44:56] | Seems okay, like usual. | 还可以 老样子 |
[44:59] | I’d say we could grab a beer, | 本来咱可以去喝一杯的 |
[45:00] | but they’re waiting on all that paperwork back at the office — | 但他们等着我把文件带回公司 |
[45:02] | You know how it is. | 你懂的 |
[45:03] | Don’t I, though? | 可不是么 |
[45:05] | See you, Jimmy. | 回头见 吉米 |
[45:07] | Uh, see you ’round, Ernie. | 回头见 欧尼 |
[45:47] | You done business with him before? | 你以前跟他打过交道吗 |
[45:52] | Right. | 好的 |
[45:53] | Yeah. I’ll be there. | 我会去的 |
[46:24] | Davis and Main and McGill. | 戴维斯梅因 麦吉尔 |
[46:29] | Great to meet you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[46:30] | Nice to meet you, gentlemen. | 很高兴见到你们 先生们 |
[46:33] | It’s good to meet you. | 见到你们真是太好了 |
[46:35] | Nice… | 好 |
[47:04] | Well, that was quick. | 挺快啊 |
[47:05] | – No charge. – Help me out here. | -不收费 -帮我想想 |
[47:08] | Did I dream it, or did I have $1,600,000 | 我是在做梦 还是我办公桌上真的有 |
[47:12] | on my desk in cash? | 一百六十万美元现金 |
[47:14] | When I close my eyes, I can still see it. | 闭上眼睛之后我还是能看到 |
[47:17] | It’s burned into my retinas | 就好像我一直看着太阳 |
[47:19] | like I was staring into the sun. | 灼烧着我的视网膜 |
[47:21] | No one on god’s green earth knew we had it. | 地球上没人知道我们有这钱 |
[47:23] | We could have split it 50/50. | 我们可以五五分成 |
[47:25] | We could have gone home with $800,000 each, tax-free. | 我们本可以每人带八十万美金回家 不用交税 |
[47:31] | Your point being? | 你想说什么 |
[47:33] | Why didn’t we? What stopped us? | 我们为什么没那么干 什么阻止了我们 |
[47:36] | I remember you saying something about doing the right thing. | 我记得你说 要做对的事 |
[47:41] | I don’t even know what that means. | 我都不知道那是什么意思 |
[47:44] | You want to know why I didn’t take that money? | 你想知道我为什么没拿那钱吗 |
[47:45] | Is that what you’re asking? | 你是在问这个吗 |
[47:48] | Yeah, that’s what I’m asking. | 没错 我是想问那个问题 |
[47:50] | Me, personally — I was hired to do a job. | 对我个人来说 别人雇我干活 |
[47:53] | I did it. That’s as far as it goes. | 我干完了 就结束了 |
[47:56] | Yeah. Well, I know what stopped me. | 是啊 我知道是什么阻止了我 |
[48:00] | And you know what? It’s never stopping me again. | 听好了 它再也不会阻止我了 |