时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:38] | Once again… I do all the talking. | 这次也都让我来说 |
[00:44] | That’s the only way this works. | 这是唯一可行的方法 |
[00:57] | Hand it over. | 拿过来 |
[00:58] | Now, before that happens — | 在我们交还本子之前 |
[00:59] | Hand it over. | 拿过来 |
[01:00] | No. Hey. I’ve got it right here. | 别这样 东西就在我这 |
[01:03] | Is this it? | 是这个吗 |
[01:05] | I’ll — I will take that as a “Yes.” | 那应该就是了 |
[01:08] | Very well. Mystery solved. | 很好 谜团解开了 |
[01:10] | You know, I could take you into custody right now, | 我现在就可以拘留你们 |
[01:11] | You son of a bitch — | 你个混蛋 |
[01:13] | both of you. | 你俩都是 |
[01:14] | Where’s this coming from? | 你干嘛这么说 |
[01:16] | You’re the one who spilled the coffee, | 是你把咖啡倒到我身上的 |
[01:17] | you ambulance-chasing piece of shit! | 你这个丧尽天良的混蛋律师 |
[01:19] | Can we dial it down, you know, just a notch? | 可以稍微冷静一点吗 |
[01:23] | Look, 45 minutes ago, I’m sound asleep. | 听着 四十五分钟前 我睡得正香 |
[01:27] | I get a call from Mr. Ehrmantraut. | 厄门绍特先生给我打了个电话 |
[01:29] | He’s concerned. | 他很担心 |
[01:30] | He’s getting threatening voicemails from you | 因为你在语音留言里威胁他 |
[01:33] | accusing him of petty theft. | 指控他是个贼 |
[01:35] | I tell him, “Hey, we’re gonna nip this in the bud. | 我说 “我们可以将问题扼杀在萌芽阶段 |
[01:38] | I don’t care what the hell time it is. | 不管现在是什么时候 |
[01:40] | We’re gonna go talk this thing out.” | 我们都可以解决这个问题” |
[01:42] | And walking across the parking lot, just now — boom — | 而就在我们穿过停车场的时候 就刚刚 |
[01:46] | there’s a notepad, plain as day, lying on the asphalt, | 这本子就好端端地躺在柏油路上 |
[01:49] | where I can only surmise you accidentally dropped it, detective. | 我只能假设是你不小心掉的 警探先生 |
[01:53] | Now, guys, that’s — that’s all we know. | 我们知道的就这些了 |
[02:00] | Let me tell you something, slick — | 听着 老滑头 |
[02:03] | wait till I get you back to philadelphia. | 你就等着我把你弄回费城吧 |
[02:04] | I’m confused. | 我不太明白 |
[02:05] | The state of pennsylvania can extradite people | 宾州难道会因为归还失物 |
[02:07] | for returning lost property? | 把好人引渡回去吗 |
[02:10] | That is one bold legislature. | 这法立得不错 |
[02:13] | Anything you want to say to me about what you found in here? | 关于里面的东西你有什么想说的吗 |
[02:16] | Now that it’s all out in the open? | 现在你什么都知道了 |
[02:19] | Maybe your daughter-in-law — | 也许你儿媳妇 |
[02:22] | maybe she’s got something to tell me. | 也许她会告诉我们的 |
[02:23] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[02:26] | Maybe not. | 也许不会 |
[02:27] | Yeah, we’ll see. | 等着瞧 |
[02:29] | First thing tomorrow… | 明天第一件事 |
[02:31] | I mean, you got to figure she wouldn’t reach out to us | 你肯定在想 要是她什么都不知道 |
[02:33] | if she had nothing to say. | 怎么会主动联系我们 |
[02:36] | Hopefully, whatever you are | 希望你所做的一切 |
[02:38] | didn’t rub off on the rest of your family. | 不会连累到你的家人 |
[02:52] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:53] | You’re welcome. Let’s get the hell out of here. | 不客气 我们离开这个鬼地方吧 |
[02:55] | No, I mean “thanks” as in “Three’s a crowd.” | “谢谢”的意思是 三个人在这太挤了 |
[02:58] | You can go now. | 你可以走了 |
[03:02] | You’re not talking to my client without me. | 我不在场你不能跟我的委托人说话 |
[03:04] | Yeah, he is. Please leave now. | 他可以 请你走吧 |
[03:22] | Man. You ever have jet lag? | 你倒过时差吗 |
[03:24] | I guess that’s what this is. | 我现在还在倒 |
[03:27] | Maybe it’s the altitude? | 也许是海拔的原因 |
[03:34] | Could be the altitude. | 可能是海拔 |
[03:37] | We’re a mile up, right? | 这里海拔一千六百多米 是吧 |
[03:45] | Sorry about the kid. | 那孩子 我很抱歉 |
[03:47] | He’s young, looking to make his mark. | 他很年轻 正是大展拳脚的时候 |
[03:52] | I like him. | 我喜欢他 |
[03:57] | Your daughter-in-law — what — | 你儿媳妇 她 |
[04:00] | what’s she gonna tell us? | 她会和我们说什么呢 |
[04:05] | I don’t honestly know. | 我真的不知道 |
[04:10] | Well, Mike, if she’s got nothing to say, | 麦克 如果她什么都不说的话 |
[04:13] | this pretty well ends it here. | 这件事就到此结束了 |
[04:17] | So maybe you should talk to her before we do. | 也许你应该在我们找她之前和她聊聊 |
[04:20] | I talked. | 我和她聊过了 |
[04:24] | If I were to guess, I’d say she wouldn’t tell you much. | 我猜 她不会和你们说什么 |
[04:29] | But… | 但是 |
[04:31] | Either way, that’s up to her. | 不管怎样 随她吧 |
[04:36] | That’s the least I owe her. | 这是我欠她的 |
[04:42] | There’s a lot of people we both know | 我们认识的很多人 |
[04:43] | that think that Fensky got what was coming to him — | 都觉得芬斯基该死 |
[04:46] | Hoffman, too. | 霍夫曼也是 |
[04:48] | That whole precinct was a sewer. | 那整个辖区就像个下水道 |
[04:53] | Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a few more early retirements. | 提早退休的人再多一些也不足为奇 |
[04:57] | Might be a good thing — new blood. | 也许是好事 可以补充新鲜血液 |
[05:06] | Like the kid. | 像那孩子一样 |
[05:09] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[05:11] | He’s all right. | 他还好 |
[05:14] | He’s just got to learn, that’s all. | 就是需要些经验 |
[05:18] | Some rocks you don’t turn over. | 有些事情 不要拆穿 |
[06:03] | What did you say to him? | 你和他说了什么 |
[06:04] | Let’s go, word for word, verbatim, while it’s still fresh. | 趁你还记得 逐字逐句复述给我听 |
[06:08] | What I said is none of your concern. | 我说了什么不关你的事 |
[06:12] | I was speaking to a friend. | 只是和一个朋友聊聊 |
[06:14] | You were speaking to a homicide detective | 你是和一个飞了三千两百公里 |
[06:16] | who flew 2,000 miles to investigate a double murder | 来调查一起双重谋杀案的警探聊天 |
[06:20] | for which you are clearly the prime suspect. | 而且你还是主要嫌疑人 |
[06:23] | How could you not recognize the mind games, the scams, | 你怎么会不了解他们的小诡计 心理战 |
[06:25] | the — the con jobs these people play? | 还有一出出骗局 |
[06:29] | You used to be one of them. So what got said? | 你过去也干过 所以你到底说了什么 |
[06:31] | Right now, come on. I’m serious. | 现在就说 我很认真的 |
[06:33] | I know you’re trying to help me, but you can’t go — | 我知道你在帮我 但是你不能 |
[06:35] | Look, no, I’m trying to help me. | 听着 我是在帮我自己 |
[06:37] | Those two Philly cheesesteaks — | 那两个费城的条子 |
[06:39] | They want to lock me up right alongside you. | 想把我关在你的隔壁 |
[06:41] | So, work with me here, for the both of us. | 跟我合作 这对我们俩都好 |
[06:44] | You’re safe, counselor, | 你很安全 律师 |
[06:46] | and I no longer require your services. | 我也不再需要你为我服务了 |
[06:49] | You’re — you’re kidding, right? | 开什么玩笑 |
[06:51] | What — y-you think you’re gonna defend yourself? | 你认为可以为自己辩护吗 |
[06:53] | It’s in someone else’s hands. | 会有别人去做的 |
[06:56] | – What — like god? – No. | -谁 上帝吗 -不 |
[06:58] | Please don’t say Hamlin, Hamlin, Mcgill. | 别告诉我是哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所 |
[07:01] | I appreciate your help. Go home. Go to bed. | 很感谢你的帮忙 回家睡觉去吧 |
[07:04] | Send me your bill. | 把账单寄给我 |
[07:05] | Oh, I’m sending you my bill. | 我会把账单寄给你的 |
[07:07] | I’m sending — | 我会寄… |
[07:09] | You better believe it! | 肯定会寄的 |
[07:25] | It’s me — your friendly neighborhood ice man. | 是我 善良的送冰人 |
[07:28] | There was a run on bacon. | 培根肉卖断货了 |
[07:31] | I’ll get you next time. | 我下次再给你买 |
[07:33] | Chuck, you there?! | 查克 你在吗 |
[07:36] | Chuck? | 查克 |
[07:40] | Chuck? | 查克 |
[07:46] | Chuck, you up there? | 查克 你在楼上吗 |
[07:48] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[07:50] | I’m out here! | 我在外面 |
[07:53] | Chuck? | 查克 |
[08:00] | 112 113 114 …112, 113, 114… | |
[08:02] | Holy shit! What are you doing?! | 老天呐 你在干什么 |
[08:04] | 115 116 117 …115, 116, 117, | |
[08:08] | 118 119 118, 119… | |
[08:11] | 120! Go! Go! Inside! | 120 走 进屋去 |
[08:16] | What the hell was that? | 你在干什么 |
[08:19] | What the hell was that? | 你在干什么 |
[08:21] | Just give me a second. | 让我喘口气 |
[08:26] | Okay. | 好了 |
[08:28] | Okay. | 好了 |
[08:31] | It’s an experiment, really. | 是一项实验 真的 |
[08:33] | I’ve been attempting to build up a tolerance for electromagnetic fields. | 我正在尝试建立对外界电磁场的耐受性 |
[08:37] | – Seriously? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[08:39] | Yeah, it’s like, um, you know, | 是的 就好像 你知道的 |
[08:41] | like taking small doses of poison to build up an immunity. | 每天摄入一点毒药 时间一长就有免疫力了 |
[08:46] | Yeah, well, is that a real thing? | 有用吗 |
[08:47] | ‘Cause that does not sound like a real thing. | 因为那听起来好像没用 |
[08:50] | It’s a real thing. | 真的 |
[08:51] | Anyway, as you well know, | 总之 你也知道的 |
[08:54] | there is a 60-kilovolt transformer | 在我家前院西南偏南方向二百米处 |
[08:56] | 200 meters south-southwest of my front yard. | 有个六十千伏的变压器 |
[09:00] | And I’ve been trying to get acclimated to it. | 我一直在让自己去适应它 |
[09:02] | I got up to two minutes today. | 我今天整整待了两分钟 |
[09:04] | – Jesus, Chuck. – Yeah. | -天呐 查克 -是啊 |
[09:06] | Two days ago, I could barely stand 30 seconds. | 两天前 我连三十秒都待不上 |
[09:08] | I’m trying to get up to five minutes by next week. | 下周我准备尝试五分钟 |
[09:12] | That is just… | 那真是… |
[09:14] | Uh, but why now? | 可为什么是现在呢 |
[09:15] | Well, after what happened with the police and the hospital, | 被警察抓走 又被送进医院 |
[09:20] | I almost lost everything, Jimmy. | 我现在几乎什么都没有了 吉米 |
[09:23] | I can’t go on like this. | 我不能再这样生活下去 |
[09:25] | I have to find a way to get better. | 我必须想办法好起来 |
[09:28] | I’ve got to. I have to get back to work. | 我必须好起来 我要回去工作 |
[09:31] | Sitting here, rotting away — | 坐在这里 慢慢腐烂… |
[09:34] | This is no kind of life for me — for anyone. | 这不是我该过的生活 谁都不该这样生活 |
[09:37] | I need to be useful again. | 我必须重新做回一个有用的人 |
[09:42] | Chuck… I am so proud of you. | 查克 我真为你骄傲 |
[09:48] | It’ll be a long process, | 这个过程将会很漫长 |
[09:51] | but one to which I’m very much committed. | 但是我坚信自己一定会做到 |
[09:54] | I have to be. | 我必须做到 |
[09:59] | God, I — I’ll be right back. | 天呐 我马上回来 |
[10:01] | – I got to get a few more things out of the car. – All right. | -我去车里拿点东西 -好的 |
[10:13] | All right. | 很好 |
[10:20] | What’s all this? | 这是什么 |
[10:21] | It’s just some case files. I’m out of room at the office. | 只是一些卷宗 办公室里没地方放了 |
[10:23] | I don’t want to leave them in the car. | 我不想把它们放在车上 |
[10:25] | There’s a lot of sensitive information. | 这里有很多敏感信息 |
[10:27] | Y-you’re not planning to leave them here. | 你不会是打算把东西放在这里吧 |
[10:30] | – Yeah. – I don’t know. Jimmy. | -是啊 -可能不行 吉米 |
[10:32] | It’ll just be for a little while, okay? | 不会放太久的 好吗 |
[10:34] | I’m practically sleeping on these things back at my place. | 我那里已经堆满了 我都没地方睡觉了 |
[10:37] | Business is that good? | 生意那么好吗 |
[10:39] | It’s booming — streets of gold. | 简直太兴隆了 遍地是黄金 |
[10:42] | Yeah. I’ll get these out of here as quick as I can. | 放心 我会尽快把这些东西弄走的 |
[10:45] | I just need to file the 4-13s on some of these wills, | 我要为一些遗嘱增添四章十三条的内容 |
[10:48] | and, uh, I’ll be out of your hair. | 然后就不会再来打扰你了 |
[10:50] | 4-13s? | 四章十三条 |
[10:51] | Personal property statements. | 个人财产声明 |
[10:53] | You mean 5-13s. | 那是五章十三条 |
[10:54] | Yeah. Sorry. | 对 抱歉 |
[10:56] | I was just working with these seniors. | 我总跟这些老年人一起工作 |
[10:57] | Maybe the dementia’s contagious, huh? | 可能老年痴呆也会传染吧 |
[11:03] | So, uh, we good here? See you tomorrow. Same time. | 我们说好了 明天老时间见 |
[11:45] | James McGill, | 我是詹姆斯·麦吉尔 |
[11:46] | Scott said he’d leave the keys to 801, | 斯科特说会留下801室的钥匙 |
[11:48] | the suite that’s for lease. | 那间出租套房 |
[11:52] | Here you go. Just bring them back when you’re done. | 给你 看完之后给我就行 |
[11:53] | You got it. | 好的 |
[11:56] | Wow, this is, like… really nice. | 这里看起来 真的很不错 |
[12:00] | Why do you sound surprised? | 怎么听起来那么惊讶 |
[12:01] | Not…surprised, no. | 不惊讶 不 |
[12:03] | Just, you know, could you afford this? | 只是 你付得起租金吗 |
[12:06] | Oh, yeah. Are you kidding? | 当然了 开什么玩笑 |
[12:09] | Those seniors have been very good to me. | 那些老人对我特别好 |
[12:12] | I’ve been meaning to expand, you know? | 我打算扩大规模 知道吗 |
[12:14] | It’s time to invest in myself. | 是时候为自己投资了 |
[12:16] | Figure this may be just the place. | 我觉得这里再适合不过了 |
[12:20] | Well, won’t you miss the Nail Salon? | 你不会想念那个美甲店吗 |
[12:22] | Oh, I can always visit, | 我又不是不能回去了 |
[12:23] | you know, get some french tips. | 说不定还做个法式美甲呢 |
[12:37] | It’s a clean slate. | 这是间清水房 |
[12:39] | Put the, uh, reception desk right here. | 接待处就设在这儿 |
[12:41] | Uh, get some comfortable seating for the clients. | 摆些舒适的沙发给我的委托人坐 |
[12:44] | I-it’s big — lot of offices. | 真大啊 装得下好多办公室呢 |
[12:47] | Yeah, I like the openness. | 是啊 我就喜欢大空间 |
[12:49] | I feel like I can breathe in here, you know? | 这样我才觉得呼吸顺畅 |
[12:51] | It’s not some claustrophobic, little closet. | 不像那些窄小幽闭的屋子 |
[12:54] | That smells like acetone. | 闻着一股丙酮的味 |
[12:57] | Room to grow. | 这里发展空间很大 |
[12:59] | Dream big, I say. | 人就是要敢想 |
[13:02] | Got a decent-size conference room — | 大小恰到好处的会议室 |
[13:04] | not as big as Hamlin’s, but, you know, it’s cozy. | 虽然没有哈姆林律所那么大 但很舒适 |
[13:08] | Our elderly brethren prefer that, I find. | 我们的老年同胞一定会喜欢的 |
[13:12] | Yeah. Could be cozier, though. | 是啊 不过还能搞得再舒适些 |
[13:13] | Maybe you could embroider some little cushions, | 你可以弄些刺绣垫子 |
[13:15] | crochet a runner for the table. | 织条漂亮桌布 |
[13:17] | – And rocking chairs all around? – Yes. | -周围摆上摇椅 -没错 |
[13:20] | Make it look like the front of a Cracker Barrel, huh? | 弄的像老饼干餐馆那样的前厅 |
[13:23] | Now you’re talking. | 就该这样 |
[13:24] | This is me. | 这是我的办公室 |
[13:28] | I love it. | 真棒啊 |
[13:31] | Got to look successful to be successful. Am I right? | 想要成功就得先看上去成功 对吧 |
[13:33] | Well, this definitely looks like success. | 没错 看起来是挺成功的 |
[13:37] | Great view. | 视野真好 |
[13:39] | Get you a big, fancy desk in here. | 在这里摆个宽大的办公桌 |
[13:41] | Cocobolo desk. | 要黄檀木桌 |
[13:42] | – A what? – I don’t know what it means, | -什么桌 -我也不知道那是什么 |
[13:44] | But I just like saying the word “Cocobolo.” | 但我就喜欢说”黄檀木”这三个字 |
[13:47] | Okay, well, whatever it is, you deserve it. | 好吧 不管是什么桌 都是你应得的 |
[13:53] | And, uh, I want you to see this one. | 我还想让你看看这儿 |
[14:01] | Here we are. | 就这间 |
[14:07] | This is way better than the other one. | 这间比那间好多了 |
[14:10] | – You think? – Uh, yeah. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[14:12] | Who goes in here? | 这是给谁的屋子 |
[14:13] | ’cause I’d be all up in here if I were you. | 我要是你 肯定选这间当办公室 |
[14:17] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[14:19] | Yeah, you know, you’re right. It is real nice. | 这屋子确实不错 |
[14:22] | It’s a corner office. You got to go with the corner office. | 这是转角办公室 你得坐转角办公室 |
[14:25] | Eh, I was saving it for someone. | 我其实是想把这间留给别人的 |
[14:26] | – Who? – Well, my partner. | -给谁 -我的合伙人 |
[14:28] | Your partner? Who’s… | 你的合伙人 那是… |
[14:32] | Who would that be? | 会是谁呢 |
[14:35] | Well, you said you were interested in Elder law. | 你之前不是说对老年法很感兴趣吗 |
[14:39] | That’s… | 这… |
[14:40] | That is so… | 这也太… |
[14:42] | Thank you. Really. | 谢谢 真的谢谢你 |
[14:45] | But you know I’ve got a lot invested at HHM. | 可我为哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所付出了很多 |
[14:49] | With what’s going on now, | 照目前的情况看 |
[14:50] | I-I’m closer than ever to partner — | 我非常有可能成为合伙人 |
[14:52] | Like, maybe two years, and I’m in. | 也许两年以后 我就是了 |
[14:54] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[14:56] | Yeah, it’s — it’s just a thought. | 我只是这样想想而已 |
[14:59] | Plus, you know, they put me through law school. | 而且 他们还供我去法律学校读书 |
[15:02] | I feel like I owe them. | 我欠他们人情 |
[15:04] | Actually, I do owe them — literally, you know? | 实际上我还欠他们钱 |
[15:07] | But it’s a nice thought, Jimmy. | 不过还是谢谢你想到我 吉米 |
[15:11] | Just, uh, you know, playing with ideas. | 你知道的 我就是喜欢胡思乱想 |
[15:14] | So, I had the extra office and everything, so… | 多了一间办公室 所以就… |
[15:15] | Yeah. No, I get it. It’s… | 我知道 |
[15:22] | I…want to see the kitchen. | 我想看看厨房 |
[15:33] | They have stainless in here. | 居然是不锈钢的 |
[15:35] | I don’t even have stainless at home. | 我家都不是不锈钢 |
[15:44] | I know this is the last thing you want to hear. | 这些话你们可能不想听 |
[15:47] | I think your chances of getting a | 但我认为 陪审团不太可能 |
[15:49] | favorable ruling from a jury are very slim. | 给出有利于我们的裁决 |
[15:53] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:55] | We’re not in a great position to win at trial. | 我们没有绝对把握胜诉 |
[15:57] | But we came to you people | 但我们雇你们 |
[15:58] | because we were told you win cases. | 不就是因为你们说能打赢官司吗 |
[16:01] | Winning doesn’t always mean getting a favorable verdict at trial. | 胜诉并不等于获得有利裁决 |
[16:03] | We try to achieve the best possible outcome | 每一件案子中 我们都努力帮助委托人 |
[16:05] | for our clients, given each individual case. | 取得可能的最好结果 |
[16:09] | Frankly, we’ve worked very hard to stave off an arrest. | 坦白说 我们费尽心思 才让你们免于逮捕 |
[16:12] | After the misunderstanding about your, uh, camping trip, | 你们野营的故事造成了些误会 |
[16:16] | the D.A. was concerned you might be a flight risk. | 地检官认为你们可能是畏罪潜逃 |
[16:19] | A flight risk? | 畏罪潜逃 |
[16:20] | We — we were practically in our own backyard. | 可我们只是待在自家后院 |
[16:23] | That’s exactly what we told the d.A. | 我们也是这么告诉地检官的 |
[16:25] | In any case, I think we’ve managed to come up with a deal | 不管怎样 我们已经为二位想出一个 |
[16:28] | that is very favorable under the circumstances. | 此时最有利的协议 |
[16:29] | A deal? I hate that terminology. | 协议 我可不喜欢这个词 |
[16:31] | 1994年前美式橄榄球运动员 辛普森(O.J. Simpson)杀妻一案 | |
[16:31] | A deal is what they got O.J. | 他们给辛普森的就是个”协议” |
[16:32] | Well, Betsy, maybe we should, you know, | 贝茜 也许我们应该 |
[16:33] | – hear it. – I’m just saying, it’s terrible term. | -先听听看 -这词听着就很可怕 |
[16:35] | What kind of…deal? | 那到底是…什么样的”协议” |
[16:38] | If the prosecution decides to file, | 如果检方要提起诉讼 |
[16:40] | which is definitely the direction this seems to be headed, | 目前看来这很有可能 |
[16:42] | and if they choose to stack charges, | 并且扣给你一堆罪名的话 |
[16:44] | Craig, you’re looking at 30 years in prison. | 克雷格 你就得蹲三十年的大牢了 |
[16:47] | – 30 years? – That’s the maximum, and given the nature | -三十年 -这是最坏的估计 考虑到 |
[16:50] | of the charge and the current political environment, | 这些罪名的性质和目前的政治环境 |
[16:52] | I’d say we should expect it. | 我们应该做好这个准备 |
[16:53] | The public outcry in cases like these is a big factor. | 公众对此类案件的反感会影响裁决 |
[16:58] | However, after much discussion with the D.A., | 不过 我们和地检官进行了几番交涉 |
[17:01] | who is also invested in keeping the press to a minimum, | 他也希望此事越低调越好 |
[17:04] | we have arrived at an arrangement, | 于是我们达成了一致 |
[17:06] | which would include 16 months in a county facility. | 你要在郡监狱服刑十六个月 |
[17:09] | 16 months. | 十六个月 |
[17:11] | Down from 30 years. | 比起三十年已经少很多了 |
[17:13] | And you most likely wouldn’t serve all of it. | 你也很有可能提早出狱 |
[17:15] | But he would have to say he was guilty. | 但他必须认罪 |
[17:18] | Admitting wrongdoing and making the county whole again | 认罪和恢复县财政这两个条件 |
[17:21] | goes a long way here — hence the minimal sentence. | 帮了很大的忙 所以才给了最低量刑 |
[17:23] | Uh, “Making the county whole again”? | 什么叫”恢复县财政” |
[17:25] | It includes the stipulation that you return $1.6 million | 这包括归还160万 |
[17:29] | in misappropriated funds. | 挪用的公款 |
[17:30] | – Give back the money? – But there is no money. | -把钱还回去 -但根本没有钱 |
[17:31] | – There’s no money. – We told you — Craig is innocent. | -没有钱 -早就说了 克雷格是无辜的 |
[17:34] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[17:36] | However, I’d like to emphasize again | 但是我还是想强调一下 |
[17:38] | that this deal is Craig’s best chance of minimizing jail time. | 这个协议是减少克雷格刑期的最好机会 |
[17:42] | You’re telling us | 你是告诉我们 |
[17:44] | there are drug dealers and murderers walking the streets, | 大街上这么多毒贩子和杀人犯 |
[17:47] | but instead of going after them, | 放着他们不抓 |
[17:48] | they want to put an innocent man in jail. | 偏要把一个无辜的人关起来 |
[17:50] | There’s no other…way? | 没有别的办法…了吗 |
[17:52] | I’m sorry. I think, under the circumstances, | 不好意思 我觉得目前看来 |
[17:55] | this is your best option. | 这是你们最好的选择 |
[17:56] | Murderers and rapists, and this is how they tr– | 杀人犯和强奸犯就是这样… |
[18:00] | Okay. There is no money. There never was. | 好吧 我们没有钱 根本就没有钱 |
[18:03] | You have to take this to trial. | 你必须在庭审上讲明这一点 |
[18:05] | Look, you have a difficult, | 听着 这个选择的确很困难 |
[18:08] | but nevertheless straightforward choice to make here. | 但对你们来说也是最直接的办法了 |
[18:12] | On one hand, you give up the money, | 一方面 你们把钱交出来 |
[18:13] | – plead… – Ah! I just told you — there is no money. | -认… -我刚说了 没有钱 |
[18:15] | Plead guilty — it’s painful, I know — | 认罪 我知道这很痛苦 |
[18:19] | And go to jail for a year and a half. | 坐一年半的牢 |
[18:21] | But your other choice — that is no choice at all. | 但其他选择…毫无出路 |
[18:26] | If you go to trial, you’ll most likely lose, | 如果上庭 很有可能败诉 |
[18:28] | and Craig goes to prison for decades. | 克雷格就得坐几十年的牢 |
[18:31] | Your children will grow up seeing their dad through bars | 你们的孩子只能在探视日去监狱 |
[18:34] | on visiting day. | 见他们的爸爸 |
[18:37] | I know what I’d do. | 换我肯定不会犹豫 |
[18:40] | I’d take the deal. | 我会接受协议 |
[18:43] | Two years from now, you can be starting over. | 两年后 你就能从头再来 |
[18:45] | It’s tough, I know… | 我知道很困难 |
[18:48] | But you’re tough people. | 但你们不会向困难低头 |
[18:50] | And your family is worth it. | 而且你也该为你的家人考虑 |
[18:58] | Why don’t I give you a few moments to discuss this? | 我还是让你们俩商量几分钟吧 |
[19:00] | I know it’s a big decision. | 我知道这个决定很重大 |
[19:02] | We don’t need to discuss it. | 我们不用商量 |
[19:06] | You’re fired. | 你被炒了 |
[19:10] | How about we go to my office and discuss this? | 要不去我的办公室再讨论讨论 |
[19:12] | I’m sure there’s a solution. | 肯定还有别的办法 |
[19:13] | That won’t be necessary. | 没必要 |
[19:14] | We will no longer be requiring your services. | 我们不需要你们代理了 |
[19:16] | Yeah, it’s not personal, really. | 我们真的不是针对你 |
[19:17] | If you’re unhappy with what we presented to you, | 如果你对我们提供的选择不满意 |
[19:19] | there may be other directions we can go. | 也许还有别的办法 |
[19:21] | We’re done here! Please stop following us! | 没什么好谈的了 别跟着我们了 |
[19:25] | Don’t look back. | 别回头 |
[19:26] | Only look forward. Always in life, look forward. | 只向前看 人生中只向前看 |
[19:34] | O70 O70 O-70! O-70! | |
[19:37] | Oh, yeah. 70’s a good age. | 太棒了 人到七十精神爽 |
[19:40] | All right, duck your heads, | 好了 埋头看仔细了 |
[19:41] | ’cause here comes another number. | 下一个数字要出炉喽 |
[19:44] | N32 N-32. | |
[19:47] | And the action never stops. | 游戏还在继续 |
[19:50] | I hope you all took your heart pills, | 希望大家都带了速效救心丸哦 |
[19:51] | ’cause it’s almost too much excitement, right? | 这实在是太刺激了 对吧 |
[19:54] | Which one will it be? | 到底会是哪个数字呢 |
[19:56] | Say your prayers. Here it comes. | 祈祷吧 来了 |
[19:58] | All right, we’ve got G-48 — | 好了 接下来是G48 |
[20:02] | “G,” as in “Guy Lombardo.” | 就是盖伊·伦巴度[小提琴家]的首字母哦 |
[20:04] | G48 G-48. | |
[20:06] | Keep your elbows to yourselves, okay? No body-checking. | 把自个的手管牢了 别动手动脚的 |
[20:10] | All right, what do we have here? | 下一个是什么呢 |
[20:12] | Wait for it. B-6. | 咱们来看看 B6 |
[20:15] | Lucky B-6, just like the vitamin — all right — | 幸运之B6 就像维他命B6 |
[20:20] | which you should be taking. | 你们要吃的那种 |
[20:22] | Keep things moving in the old G.I. Tract. | 让你们的胃肠道健康运动 |
[20:25] | Bingo! | 宾果 |
[20:26] | Oh, we have a winner! | 有人赢了 |
[20:29] | Lady luck has struck again. | 幸运女神再次降临 |
[20:31] | Let’s see a hand so we know who’s won. | 举起手来 让大家看看 |
[20:34] | It’s the lovely young lady in the back. | 是后面那位可爱的女士 |
[20:36] | Congratulations, Miss. You’ve won a, um — | 恭喜你 女士 你赢得了… |
[20:39] | What do we have for the lovely lady? | 这位可爱的女士赢得了什么 |
[20:41] | Notebook. | 笔记本 |
[20:42] | Yeah, it’s an adorable notebook. | 没错 是一本精致的笔记本 |
[20:45] | Do you like cats, Miss, uh… | 你喜欢猫咪吗 贵姓… |
[20:47] | Oh, Irene. I love kitties. | 艾琳 我爱猫咪 |
[20:49] | I have two Siamese cats — Oscar and Felix. | 我养了两只暹罗猫 奥斯卡和费利克斯 |
[20:53] | Felix can wash himself. | 费利克斯会给自己洗澡 |
[20:55] | Oscar won’t. He — he just won’t. | 奥斯卡不行 它…就是不行 |
[20:59] | What a lovely story. Thank you. | 多么有趣啊 谢谢你 |
[21:01] | Um, can you take that to Irene? | 你能把这个给艾琳吗 |
[21:03] | And when you come back, cover — yeah? | 你回来了帮我顶一下 行吗 |
[21:05] | Uh, I’m gonna take a short break, | 我要休息一小会 |
[21:07] | ’cause somebody needs legal help. | 有人需要我提供法律援助 |
[21:17] | Offices of James McGill, | 詹姆斯·麦吉尔先生办公室 |
[21:18] | Esquire. How may I direct your call? | 请问您要找谁 |
[21:23] | Yes. Yes, of course. Um, one moment, please. | 好的 好的 没问题 请稍等 |
[21:29] | Déjàvu. Hello, again. | 又见面了 |
[21:30] | – Good to see you. – Nice to see you. | -很高兴见到你们 -你好 |
[21:32] | So, how may I be of service? | 有什么需要我帮忙的吗 |
[21:35] | Well, we would like to hire you as our attorney, Mr. McGill. | 我们想雇你当我们的律师 麦吉尔先生 |
[21:39] | Wow. Really? | 真的吗 |
[21:42] | However, we have certain conditions, | 但是我们有一些条件 |
[21:44] | and these are not up for debate. | 你必须接受 |
[21:45] | We want no jail time — zero. | 我们不想坐牢 完全不想 |
[21:47] | Craig is innocent, and we expect you to prove that. | 克雷格是清白的 我们希望你能证明 |
[21:49] | We won’t see his name smeared like this any longer. | 我们不想再让他的名声遭到如此诽谤 |
[21:52] | Um, can we back up just a scooch? | 能先别着急吗 |
[21:54] | ‘Cause last time we spoke, you were very enthusiastic — | 上次你们还非常肯定 |
[21:58] | you were positively insistent about being represented by HHM. | 坚持要委托哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所 |
[22:02] | Well, uh… That’s all right. | 没事 不用加 |
[22:05] | We’ve parted ways. | 我们意见不合 |
[22:09] | May I ask why? | 为什么呢 |
[22:11] | We…disagreed with their defense strategy. | 我们不同意他们的辩护策略 |
[22:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:17] | They treated us like we were guilty. | 他们当我们是罪犯 |
[22:21] | So, your previous objections to my representing you are now… | 之前拒绝我为你们代理 而现在… |
[22:24] | Oh, I’m sorry about my bluntness at our last encounter. | 抱歉 上次是我没想清楚 |
[22:29] | Unfortunate. | 很不幸 |
[22:30] | Yeah, I — but we really — | 没错 但我们 |
[22:31] | we’re very sorry about that. | 我们对此非常抱歉 |
[22:32] | We thought long and hard about it, | 我们深思熟虑过后 |
[22:34] | and, um, we… | 我们… |
[22:36] | And, you know, given your passion | 考虑到你的热情 |
[22:38] | and your can-do attitude… mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. | 和你敢于挑战的态度 |
[22:41] | …we really — | 我们真心 |
[22:41] | – We just believe that you’re the lawyer for us. – For us, yes. | -相信你就是我们的律师 -没错 |
[22:46] | Well, as flattered as I am by this, | 这么说真是抬举我 |
[22:48] | um, since we last spoke, | 但自从上次以后 |
[22:49] | I’ve changed my area of specialization, | 我转变了主攻领域 |
[22:52] | so I concentrate on Elder law now. | 现在专注于老年法 |
[22:55] | But, I mean, you said that you would fight for us. | 但你说过会全力帮我们 |
[22:57] | Yeah, you… you were — you were adamant. | 没错 你当时…相当坚定 |
[22:59] | You promised to get us a not-guilty verdict. | 你答应过帮我们拿到无罪判决 |
[23:01] | I don’t think I exactly promised that. | 我不是这么答应的 |
[23:03] | You said we would be client number one, | 你说我们会是头号委托人 |
[23:05] | morning, noon, or night, and — | 全天候待命 |
[23:06] | Yes, and I meant what I said, at the time, | 没错 我当时是认真的 |
[23:08] | But times change. | 但是今非昔比 |
[23:12] | But we’ve already paid you a retainer. | 但我们已经付了预付金 |
[23:18] | Right. A retainer. | 没错 预付金 |
[23:21] | That is what you called it. | 你们就这么叫吧 |
[23:22] | That was your specific terminology. | 这是你们律师的术语 |
[23:25] | It — could you excuse me for a moment? | 抱歉我失陪一下 |
[23:28] | I, uh, had a big gulp on the way over. | 我憋了很久了 |
[23:42] | Hey, there. | 你好 |
[23:45] | Funny story. | 有意思 |
[23:46] | I found something that belongs to you — again. | 我再次找到了属于你的东西 |
[23:49] | – Yeah? What? – “Who?” | -是吗 是什么 -是”谁” |
[23:51] | Picture “The 25th Hour,” starring Ned and Maude Flanders. | 想象一下弗兰德夫妇主演《第25小时》 |
[23:54] | Oh, christ. The Kettlemans? | 天 凯特尔曼夫妇吗 |
[23:57] | You lose any other clients today? | 今天还流失了其他客户吗 |
[23:59] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[24:00] | Mr. And Mrs. Cuckoo Bananas | 疯子先生和太太 |
[24:01] | just offered me the plum job of defending them. | 把辩护的肥差给了我 |
[24:04] | They came to you? | 他们去找你了 |
[24:05] | Yeah, I know. | 可不是嘛 |
[24:06] | I don’t know what you did to piss them off, | 我不清楚你怎么惹毛了他们 |
[24:08] | but it must have been good. | 但肯定不得了 |
[24:09] | W-What did they tell you? | 他们说了什么 |
[24:11] | Not much, just, uh, that you treated them | 没说什么 只说了你 |
[24:14] | – like they were guilty. – Jesus. | -把他们当罪犯 -天哪 |
[24:18] | Look, Jimmy…I know… | 吉米 我知道… |
[24:22] | I know this is a lot to ask, | 这样要求很过分 |
[24:23] | but you have to convince them to come back to HHM. | 但你得说服他们回我们律所 |
[24:26] | – I Do, Huh? – Yes. | -是吗 -没错 |
[24:28] | Please. It’s important. | 求你了 这很重要 |
[24:30] | – What’s it worth to you? – Jimmy, I’m serious. | -你觉得值吗 -吉米 我没说笑 |
[24:32] | They left because they think they can win this case, | 他们离开是因为他们觉得能打赢官司 |
[24:34] | but they can’t. | 但他们赢不了 |
[24:36] | I managed to scrape together — | 根本没什么有利因素 |
[24:37] | from practically nothing, I might add — | 我东拼西凑才提出一个协议 |
[24:39] | a deal they should feel lucky to have. | 他们应该感到幸运才是 |
[24:41] | This is their absolute best bet. | 这才是最有希望的办法 |
[24:45] | Please… | 求你了… |
[24:46] | make them understand it’s better for them if they come back. | 告诉他们 回来是更好的选择 |
[24:50] | Tell me about this deal. | 跟我说说这协议 |
[24:53] | Elder law? | 老年法 |
[24:55] | I don’t know what that is. | 我不知道他什么意思 |
[24:55] | Yeah, me neither. | 我也不知道 |
[24:58] | Elder. Do you think… | 老年 你觉得… |
[25:01] | Maybe if we were old — | 也许如果我们老了… |
[25:03] | Sorry. Whoo! Oh. | 久等 |
[25:05] | The mysteries of the bladder. Right? | 膀胱到底能装多少呢 |
[25:07] | So, how do we get started? | 所以怎么说 |
[25:09] | Do you need us to sign that little paper? | 要签那份合同吗 |
[25:12] | I am — I am very sorry, | 我感到非常抱歉 |
[25:14] | but I’m afraid I can’t take your case. | 但我恐怕接不了你们的案子 |
[25:16] | My schedule is just — it’s just chock-full right now. | 我的日程排得满满当当 |
[25:20] | I highly encourage you to go back to HHM. | 强烈建议你们回哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所 |
[25:23] | I’m certain they would welcome you with open arms. | 我确定他们会非常欢迎你们 |
[25:25] | No, we’re not going back there. | 不 我们不回去 |
[25:27] | They were… incompatible. | 跟他们…合不来 |
[25:30] | I understand. | 我懂 |
[25:31] | They asked you to face some harsh realities, | 他们让你们面对残酷的现实 |
[25:33] | and I get it — no one likes that. | 我理解 没人喜欢 |
[25:35] | But bottom line here — Kim Wexler is a fine attorney. | 但最重要的是金·韦克斯勒是个好律师 |
[25:40] | She has a great relationship with the D.A. | 她和地方检察官关系很好 |
[25:42] | Much as I’d love to sing my own praises, | 虽然我很想自吹自擂 |
[25:45] | I doubt I could get you a deal | 但我很可能搞不定 |
[25:46] | as good as the one she already has. | 比她更好的协议 |
[25:48] | Okay, we don’t want a deal. | 我们不想要”协议” |
[25:52] | We want you, our lawyer, to exonerate Craig. | 我们希望你 我们的律师 还他清白 |
[25:55] | “Exonerate”? | “还他清白” |
[25:56] | That is, uh — that is a big word, | 有点言过其实了 |
[25:58] | particularly in your case. | 特别是你们这个官司 |
[25:59] | Yeah, there will be no deal. | 我们不会接受什么协议 |
[26:02] | There is no money with which to make a deal. | 我们根本没贪 谈什么协议 |
[26:07] | We — can we all three just parachute down from cloud cuckoo land? | 我们不要再自欺欺人了好吗 |
[26:12] | ‘Cause we know, without question, there is money. | 因为我们心知肚明 钱是有的 |
[26:16] | – No, there… – I distinctly remember a spirited game | -不 没有 -我清楚地记得为了这袋钱 |
[26:18] | of tug-of-war over this money, | 我们曾激烈地拔河呢 |
[26:20] | Money which we then discussed at length. | 这笔钱我们讨论了好久 |
[26:22] | You made many excuses | 你找了很多借口 |
[26:24] | justifying your possession of said money. | 来为这笔钱辩护 |
[26:26] | It’s there. It exists. | 钱是有的 |
[26:28] | S-shh. Now, just, please, for my own sanity… | 拜托 我快要疯了… |
[26:32] | You can’t hide a big bag of cash forever, | 你们不可能把一大袋钱藏一辈子 |
[26:34] | and you certainly will never be able to spend any of it. | 也肯定花不了其中的一分钱 |
[26:37] | So, go back to HHM, apologize to Ms. Wexler, | 所以还是回律所 向韦克斯勒小姐道歉 |
[26:41] | and for Christ’s sakes, take the deal. | 然后接受那个协议 |
[26:46] | If there were any money — | 如果真有钱的话 |
[26:48] | Lady, enough! | 女士 够了 |
[26:49] | If there were any money, | 如果真有钱的话 |
[26:52] | there would have to be a full accounting of it. | 那就要进行全面结算 |
[26:55] | Every penny would have to be present — | 每一分钱都要拿出来 |
[26:59] | Every single penny. | 每一分钱 |
[27:03] | You understand? | 你懂了吧 |
[27:05] | All of it. | 全部 |
[27:08] | That includes the $30,000 that you — | 包括给你那三万… |
[27:09] | – Craig, yes, he gets it. – Okay. Yeah, he gets it. | -克雷格 他懂了 -好吧 他懂了 |
[27:13] | We’re in this together, Mr. McGill… | 不管发生什么 麦吉尔先生 |
[27:16] | Come what may. | 我们是一条船上的 |
[27:18] | Now where do we begin? | 现在我们怎么办 |
[27:45] | There you go. Kettleman — that’s all of it. | 你要的凯特尔曼的卷宗 全在这儿了 |
[27:47] | Where’s Kim? | 金呢 |
[27:49] | We moved her over to the east wing. | 她搬到东翼去了 |
[27:51] | The east wing? That’s the cornfield. | 东翼 玉米地那边 |
[27:54] | Why are you sending her to the cornfield, Howard? | 为什么把她搬到玉米地那边 霍华德 |
[27:56] | Never heard it called that before. | 以前从没这么叫过 |
[27:58] | Well, that’s what you call it. | 你就是这么叫的 |
[28:00] | You gonna punish her | 你要惩罚她 |
[28:01] | just ’cause you lost those two batshit Kettlemans? | 就因为你失去了那对精神错乱的客户 |
[28:03] | You notice I’m not exactly crowing over | 你看我一点都没有因为 |
[28:05] | how I snaked them away from you. | 挖走了你的客户而洋洋得意 |
[28:06] | Jimmy, here are your files. | 吉米 这是你要的卷宗 |
[28:08] | I’m not gonna discuss my employee policies with you. | 我懒得跟你讨论我的员工政策 |
[28:12] | I’m gonna need some help here. | 我还需要人来帮忙 |
[28:15] | Yeah… | 是啊… |
[28:16] | You sure are. | 的确如此 |
[28:55] | That prick firing you? | 那个混蛋要开除你吗 |
[28:57] | Best-case scenario is my 2-year plan | 最佳情况也是 我的两年计划 |
[29:00] | iust became a 10-year plan. | 现在变成十年计划了 |
[29:02] | That schmuck. You didn’t do anything wrong. | 那个蠢货 你没做错什么 |
[29:05] | – I lost the client. – Not your fault. | -我丢客户了 -不是你的错 |
[29:07] | They’re not really playing with a full deck — | 他们已经神志不清了 |
[29:09] | Those Kettlemans. | 凯特尔曼两口子 |
[29:11] | You had to take their case? | 你要接他们的案子 |
[29:13] | I’m sorry, okay? I tried. I r– I really did. | 对不起 我试过了 我真尽力了 |
[29:17] | I’m not being fair. Of course you tried. | 我有点强人所难了 你当然尽力了 |
[29:19] | They’ll do what they want to do. | 他们想怎么做是他们的事 |
[29:24] | Hope you didn’t promise them too much. | 希望你没有对他们夸下海口 |
[29:27] | I doubt you’ll be able to do more for them | 我不相信你能做得 |
[29:28] | than we were offering. | 比我们律所还好 |
[29:30] | You think very highly of my skills, obviously. | 你对我的实力评价很高嘛 |
[29:32] | It’s not that, Jimmy. It’s a loser case. | 不是这个意思 吉米 这个官司输定了 |
[29:36] | That deal was their best chance. | 那个协议是他们最好的机会了 |
[29:39] | After I worked my ass off finagling with the D.A., | 我累死累活跟地检官兜圈子 |
[29:41] | and it’s just like… whatever. | 结果呢… 算了 |
[29:43] | There’s got to be a way, you know? | 肯定还是有办法的 对吧 |
[29:45] | – I take it to court… – You’ll lose. | -待我上了庭… -你输定了 |
[29:49] | Kettleman did a terrible job covering his tracks. | 凯特尔曼连如何销毁证据都不会 |
[29:51] | For starters, | 首先 |
[29:52] | they’ve got reams of checks he wrote for false expenses. | 他开了大量虚假开支的支票 |
[29:55] | And I can’t even challenge their admission into evidence | 我只能眼巴巴看着它们被归为证据 |
[29:57] | because he wrote them to himself. | 因为那是他开给自己的 |
[30:01] | I know we’re never supposed to say our clients are guilty, | 我知道我们绝不能承认委托人是有罪的 |
[30:03] | but, hey, not my client anymore — | 但是 反正也不是我的委托人了 |
[30:05] | He’s guilty as sin. | 他罪不可赦 |
[30:06] | Yeah, but there has to be something — | 好吧 但是应该有办法… |
[30:08] | – Some loophole or… – None that I could find. | -有什么漏洞或者 -反正我找不出了 |
[30:12] | There has to be a way. | 一定有什么办法的 |
[30:13] | Not without the money. | 吐钱就有办法 |
[30:16] | It’s the only chip those Kettlemans have, | 这是凯特尔曼夫妇唯一的筹码了 |
[30:17] | and they refuse to play it. | 而他们却不接受 |
[33:01] | And Anderson leads things off | 在今晚的第二局中 |
[33:03] | in the top of the second inning here tonight. | 安德森做首击球员 |
[33:06] | First pitch — curve ball for a strike. | 第一投 曲线球未击中 |
[33:08] | Count is 0-1. | 比分0比1 |
[33:10] | There was some concern | 本来有些担心 |
[33:11] | that we’d have some light showers, | 今晚会有小雨 |
[33:13] | but it looks like it’s gonna be clear tonight. | 不过看起来是杞人忧天了 |
[33:14] | – Absolutely. – That’s a ball. 1-1. | -是的 -一个坏球 1比1 |
[33:34] | No. | 天 |
[33:38] | Ortner readies. | 奥特纳尔准备好了 |
[33:41] | Throws, and it is a liner toward the gap in right-center field. | 投球 是一记直奔右中场空区的直线球 |
[33:44] | Roberts on the run, reaches out… | 罗伯茨开始跑了 接球… |
[33:47] | And makes the grab. | 接到球了 |
[33:48] | And that puts one away here in the second inning. | 这样第二局就领先一分了 |
[33:51] | Next up, the always imposing Lee. | 下一个上场的是总是令人印象深刻的李 |
[33:53] | And he’s had a great start this season. | 这个赛季他有个不错的开始 |
[37:31] | Jesus. Gets bigger every time I look at it. | 天呐 每次看都觉得更多了 |
[37:36] | Thanks for not heading to the Bahamas with this. | 感谢您没有卷款潜逃 |
[38:07] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么呢 |
[38:09] | “The right thing.” | “正确的事情” |
[38:13] | You know where you’re going? | 你知道要去哪里吗 |
[38:16] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[38:22] | Am I correct in assuming we’re now square? | 所以我们两清了吗 |
[38:26] | Square. | 两清了 |
[38:44] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[38:45] | Who is it, Craig? | 是谁来了 克雷格 |
[38:45] | Oh,it’s Mr. McGil! | 是麦吉尔先生 |
[38:47] | Good morning. Come on in. | 早上好 快请进吧 |
[38:56] | Oh, I love what you’ve done with the place. | 我很喜欢你们的布置 |
[38:59] | Last time I was here, it was, uh, well, not a contender | 我上次来的时候 这里还不能去竞争 |
[39:02] | for the cover of Good Housekeeping — | 《好管家》杂志的封面呢 |
[39:03] | that’s for sure. | 那是肯定的 |
[39:05] | Do you have news about our case? | 你有关于我们案件的进展了吗 |
[39:08] | I do, in fact. | 实际上 我有 |
[39:10] | But before we get to the nitty-gritty, | 但是在我们直击核心之前 |
[39:12] | I think we should chat about your deal. | 我们应该先谈谈你们的协议 |
[39:14] | We told you — there will be no deal. | 我们告诉过你了 不接受协议 |
[39:17] | You did, didn’t you? | 你确实说过了 |
[39:20] | However, circumstances have changed. | 但是 现在情况有变 |
[39:22] | What circumstances? | 什么情况 |
[39:24] | To answer that, um, | 为了回答这个问题 |
[39:26] | might I suggest that you go check on that money | 我能建议你们先去检查下那些钱吗 |
[39:28] | you insist you didn’t take? | 就是你坚持说没有贪的那些 |
[39:32] | In the upstairs bathroom, under the sink? | 在楼上浴室的水池下面 |
[39:35] | Wait. How could you… | 等等 你是怎么 |
[39:42] | Betsy! | 贝茜 |
[39:55] | No! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! No! | 不 不 不 |
[39:58] | It’s okay. It’s okay, betsy. It’s got to be… | 没事的 贝茜 肯定是… |
[39:59] | No. It’s got to be in there somewhere. | 不 它们肯定在这里的 |
[40:07] | What did you do with it? | 你把它怎么了 |
[40:08] | By “It,” You mean… | “它”指的是… |
[40:10] | Where is it?! | 钱在哪里 |
[40:13] | You mean the money. Uh, let me see. | 你是指钱啊 让我想想 |
[40:16] | Uh, it’s, uh, on its way | 它已经在路上了 |
[40:18] | to the D.A.’s desk right about now. | 快到地检官的桌子上了吧 |
[40:20] | What? You — oh, you thief! | 什么 你 你个小偷 |
[40:24] | Takes one to know one, doesn’t it? | 彼此彼此 |
[40:25] | He took it? How did you take it? | 是他拿的吗 你是怎么偷走的 |
[40:28] | A good magician never reveals his secrets. | 一个好的魔术师从来不会揭晓自己的秘密 |
[40:30] | Now, here’s what we’re gonna do. | 好了 接下来我们要这么做 |
[40:31] | Oh, you don’t tell us what to do. | 不需要你来告诉我们怎么做 |
[40:33] | You stole from us. | 你偷了我们的钱 |
[40:34] | We’ll — we will have you arrested. | 我们会让警察逮捕你的 |
[40:39] | I-I can see how upset you are, and, | 看得出你很生气 |
[40:41] | even on a good day, | 但即使是在你清醒的时候 |
[40:44] | you and logic are… | 你也毫无逻辑… |
[40:46] | But think about what you just said. | 你刚说要逮捕我 |
[40:48] | Criminals have no recourse. | 罪犯可没法让警察逮捕别人 |
[40:49] | And you two — you’re criminals, big-time. | 而你们两个就是彻头彻尾的罪犯 |
[40:52] | How dare you? | 你竟敢 |
[40:53] | Luckily, you have a very talented lawyer | 幸运的是 你们那聪明绝顶的律师 |
[40:56] | who has found a way to minimize the damage | 已经找到了方法 |
[40:58] | you’ve brought upon yourselves. | 将伤害降到最低 |
[41:00] | Oh, you’re fired. | 你已经被炒了 |
[41:01] | Oh, I quit already. No, I’m talking about Kim Wexler. | 我已经辞职了 我说的是金·韦克斯勒 |
[41:04] | Now, you’re gonna go back to her, | 现在你们要回去找她 |
[41:06] | you’re gonna apologize for your hasty decision | 为之前草率地终止她的代理 |
[41:09] | to terminate her services, | 向她道歉 |
[41:09] | And you’re gonna fall on her mercy and take that deal. | 你们要接受她的好意 接受那份协议 |
[41:13] | We’ll tell… about the bribe you took. | 我们会说出你收我们贿赂的事情 |
[41:15] | You could do that. You absolutely could. | 你可以那么做 当然可以 |
[41:19] | And I’d be in a mess of trouble — | 那样我就会陷入麻烦 |
[41:21] | A real pickle… | 大麻烦 |
[41:23] | But so would you, Mrs. Kettleman. | 但是你也一样 凯特尔曼夫人 |
[41:26] | Cause right now, only Mr. Kettleman is on the hook | 因为现在只有凯特尔曼先生 |
[41:28] | for the whole embezzlement kerfuffle. | 被资产挪用这件烂事套牢了 |
[41:31] | But the bribe — w-we’re back to calling it a bribe? — | 但是贿赂 怎么又把它叫做贿赂了 |
[41:34] | Yeah, that implicates you, as well. | 这个也会影响到你的 |
[41:36] | It does not. | 不会的 |
[41:38] | – It was all me. – No, it wasn’t. | -全都是我做的 -并不是 |
[41:40] | I’ll make sure everyone knows that. | 我保证会告诉大家的 |
[41:44] | Look on the bright side, you know? | 往好的方面想想 |
[41:46] | They could work out some kind of | 也许他们会想出 |
[41:48] | inter-prison visitation program, the occasional conjugal. | 监狱间夫妻互相探视的项目 |
[41:52] | Maybe it won’t be all bad. | 也许也不算太糟糕 |
[41:54] | You — you’ll probably wind up running your own gang. | 你也许还能组织自己的帮派呢 |
[41:58] | Thing you folks need to know about me — | 你们要知道 |
[42:01] | I got nothing to lose. | 我已经一无所有了 |
[42:04] | Christ, you should see my office. | 天啊 可惜了我那漂亮的办公室 |
[42:10] | – No, it’s not over. – Yeah. | -不 还没有结束 -结束了 |
[42:13] | Let’s find another lawyer. | 我们再去找个律师 |
[42:14] | – Come on, betsy. – No, no. | -好了 贝茜 -不 不 |
[42:16] | No. We don’t have to put up with this. | 不 我们不能容忍这样 |
[42:20] | I will not be treated this way. | 我绝不能受到这样的对待 |
[42:21] | Betsy…the kids. | 贝茜 还有孩子们 |
[42:26] | The… | 孩子们 |
[42:30] | We have to do this… | 我们必须要这么做 |
[42:32] | For the kids. | 为了我们的孩子 |
[42:34] | They can’t lose us both. | 他们不能同时失去我们两个 |
[42:40] | We have to. | 我们必须要这样做 |
[42:41] | No. | 不 |
[42:44] | No. | 不 |
[42:46] | It’s okay. | 会没事的 |
[42:50] | It’s okay. | 都会好的 |
[43:53] | Thank you. | 多谢了 |
[46:12] | Law offices of James M. McGill. | 詹姆斯·麦吉尔法律办公室 |
[46:14] | How may I direct your call? | 请问找哪位 |