时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Works every — I’m telling you — every time. | 我给你说 绝对 屡试不爽 |
[00:03] | – No. – Do it. Try it. | -得了吧 -来 试试 |
[00:04] | – What? Right now? – Right here. | -什么 现在吗 -快来 |
[00:05] | All right, all right. | 好吧 那就试试 |
[00:08] | Kind of. | 凑合 |
[00:09] | Yeah, kind of that. Got to work on it, bro. | 还差点 仍需努力啊 哥们 |
[00:11] | – All right, man. – Seriously. | -好吧 -真差得远 |
[00:12] | All right, bro, I’ll work on it. | 好 我再加把劲 |
[00:14] | But — but just, like, when — when do you, you know… | 但… 你一般什么时候… |
[00:17] | Right before the cork pops, you know? | 就赶在木塞弹开之前 |
[00:19] | Timing’s important, but… | 时机的确重要 但 |
[00:20] | but you don’t do it, like, in her ear or nothing. | 但你不能冲着她耳朵嚎吧 |
[00:22] | – No, you don’t do it in her ear. – Because — Yeah. | -对 不能冲着耳朵嚎 -没错 |
[00:24] | It’s a given you don’t do it in her ear. | 当然不能对着耳朵吼 |
[00:26] | But this is, like, scientifically proven, okay? | 但这是有科学依据的好吗 |
[00:28] | – Really? – This is, like, prehistoric stuff. | -是吗 -史前就有了 |
[00:30] | – It’s like the medulla, the wolf brain. – Crazy, man. | -人脑的髓质 有狼性 -真神了 |
[00:32] | – The what? – It’s primitive stuff — primitive stuff. | -什么性 -原始的野性 |
[00:33] | Okay, all right. Well, let me try it again. Let me try it again. | 行 让我再嚎一次 再试一次 |
[00:37] | – Yeah! Yeah? – Nice. | -够劲吧 -不错 |
[00:39] | That’s the wolf brain. | 听听哥充满狼性的怒嚎 |
[00:43] | Man! This town sucks! | 这鬼地方真无趣 |
[00:46] | Uh, sorry, bro. I know it’s yours and everything. | 哥们 抱歉在你地盘上大放厥词 |
[00:47] | But it’s not even 2:00. | 但这才不到凌晨两点啊 |
[00:50] | Yeah, it does kind of suck. | 是啊 确实挺没劲 |
[00:52] | Hey, I know this, uh, after-hours place over — | 我知道一个…还没打烊的地儿 |
[00:56] | a couple blocks off Cermak. | 在舍麦路附近 |
[00:57] | – Yeah? – You want to hit it? | -是吗 -想去不 |
[00:58] | Hells yeah! Let’s do it. | 去 我们走 |
[01:03] | That’s what I’m talking about. | 不醉不归 |
[01:10] | Okay. | 一起来 |
[01:15] | – Not in her ear. – All right. | -别对着她耳朵就行 -没错 |
[01:16] | – Right? – Not in her ear. Not in her ear. | -是吧 -不对着耳朵就行 |
[01:17] | Hey, uh, bro, I never did catch your name. | 对了 我还不知道你叫啥呢 |
[01:20] | – Saul. – Saul? | -我叫索尔 -索尔吗 |
[01:23] | S’all good, man. | 一切都好[索尔·古德曼同音] |
[01:25] | Get it? | 懂没 |
[01:26] | I do. All right, Saul. | 懂 好吧 索尔 |
[01:29] | Hey, hey, brother, whoa. | 等等 哥们 |
[01:31] | Check it out. What is that? | 瞧瞧 这是啥 |
[01:36] | Holy shit. | 操 |
[01:39] | There’s got to be at least a thousand bucks in here, man. | 这里至少有一千块呢 |
[01:41] | Oh, my god. Look at that. | 天 中大奖了 |
[01:43] | – Whose is it? – Mine. | -谁掉的啊 -我的啊 |
[01:45] | Hey, possession’s like 4/10ths of the — | 不是说了占有即那啥… |
[01:48] | What did you call it, bro? | 行话怎么说的 |
[01:50] | Like, is there an I.D. or…? | 里面有身份证啥的没 |
[01:51] | Yeah. | 有 |
[01:55] | I don’t know. Some fat guy. | 不认识 是个胖子 |
[02:03] | I’m thinking that one. | 估计是那个 |
[02:07] | Let’s… | 我们… |
[02:22] | – Jesus. – Is he, uh… | -天呐 -他是不… |
[02:25] | – What? – Is he, uh… | -什么 -他还活… |
[02:27] | I don’t know. | 我咋知道 |
[02:45] | Hey, fella. You all right? | 伙计 你还好吗 |
[02:55] | Hey, buddy. | 老兄 |
[02:57] | Hey, would you answer me? | 你回个话行不 |
[02:59] | Hey. Answer this, you butthole. | 回个毛 欠操 |
[03:02] | What? Butthole? | 什么 欠操 |
[03:04] | What…the hell? | 搞什么 |
[03:04] | Hey, uh…hey, bro, be nice, all right? | 说话注意点 |
[03:07] | This guy right here is trying to help you. | 他是想帮你呢 |
[03:10] | Help yourself to some of this, you butthole. | 帮个鬼 欠操 |
[03:13] | Hey. Hey, we’re not buttholes, all right? | 别一句一个欠操的 |
[03:15] | – So stop saying that. – Butt, butthole | -闭嘴 -欠操 欠操 |
[03:21] | – Hey, man, what’s your problem? – Butt, butt | -你是不有病啊 -欠欠操 |
[03:24] | My problem is I’m standing here talking to a couple buttholes. | 跟你们两个欠操的货叽歪才有病 |
[03:27] | Actually, you’re not standing, you fat bastard. | 你站个鬼 肥仔 |
[03:29] | You’re laying on your fat ass. | 肥臀垫地你没感觉吗 |
[03:31] | Hey, I’ll roundhouse-kick you right in your head. | 信不信哥一个回旋踢爆了你的头 |
[03:33] | And if you think I won’t, | 信不信 |
[03:35] | I’ll come to the McDonald’s, where you work. | 哥去你打工的麦当劳 |
[03:37] | I’ll buy… the whole damn place. | 买下那…破地方 |
[03:39] | And I’ll fire you. | 然后把你炒了 |
[03:41] | I’ll say, “Drop your mops, you buttholes, ’cause you’re fired.” | 跟你说 “拖把撂了 你被炒了” |
[03:45] | And then I’ll roundhouse-kick you | 然后我再一个回旋踢 |
[03:48] | right in your stupid heads. | 正中你那猪头 |
[03:51] | 尚格·云顿 好莱坞动作巨星 招牌动作360度回旋踢 剧中醉酒口误 | |
[03:51] | Then I’ll go “John”-Claude Van Damme on you… | 之后哥再给你来个”约”格·云顿的招牌动作 |
[03:58] | You butthole. | 你个欠操的 |
[04:03] | I’m keeping the money. | 他的钱哥留下了 |
[04:05] | Here you go, fatty. | 空钱包给你 肥子 |
[04:07] | I got dibs on that watch, man. | 手上那块表归我了 |
[04:12] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[04:17] | What kind is it? | 什么牌子的 |
[04:21] | I don’t know. It’s just a watch. | 不知道 就是块表 |
[04:23] | We got to get out of here, man. | 我们走吧 |
[04:25] | What kind of watch is it? | 表什么牌子的 |
[04:27] | It’s — I don’t know. It’s… | 是…我也不知道 |
[04:28] | Well, then, let me look at it. | 让我看看 |
[04:33] | It’s a damn Rolex. | 这可是块劳力士呢 |
[04:34] | Oh. I don’t know. | 我又不懂 |
[04:36] | Not cool to be greedy, bro. | 做人可不能这么黑心 |
[04:37] | – Uh, I don’t — I didn’t know. – Not cool. | -我先前不知道 -不厚道 |
[04:38] | I di– I didn’t know what… | 我不知道这是… |
[04:41] | So, how do you want to split this up? | 咱俩怎么分 |
[04:43] | I’ll tell you what — you keep the cash. | 这样吧 钱归你 |
[04:45] | I’ll just keep the watch. | 手表归我了 |
[04:46] | But the — it’s worth like 3 grand, man. | 可是 这表可值三千块 老兄 |
[04:48] | $3,000 easy. | 轻轻松松三千块 |
[04:49] | – No. – Yeah. | -放屁 -真的 |
[04:53] | Come on, now. Let’s figure this out. We got to get out of here. | 这样吧 我们先搞清楚再走 |
[04:56] | All right, yeah. You’re right. | 好吧 依你 |
[04:57] | You know what? I…sweeten the pot. | 这样 我再给你加点钱 |
[05:00] | I got, uh, $5, $20, $40, $60, $80 | 我这有五 二十 四十 八十 |
[05:03] | — 580 bucks. | 一共五百八十块 |
[05:04] | Add that to the $1,000 — | 加上钱包里的一千块 |
[05:05] | it’s more than half. | 可以买半块手表了 |
[05:06] | What do you know about that thing? | 那可说不准 |
[05:08] | I mean, is it worth more than $3,000? | 这表应该不止三千块吧 |
[05:10] | No, I don’t — I don’t know. But we’re good, right? | 我不知道 就这样了啊 |
[05:12] | – Yeah? We good? Okay? – Well… | -就这么定了 没意见吧 -好吧… |
[05:18] | Later, sucker! | 回见 二货 |
[05:39] | Six left. | 还剩六块 |
[05:41] | Can we get more? | 还能再多搞几块吗 |
[05:42] | God, I hope so. | 但愿如此吧 |
[05:44] | It’s like a license to print money. | 来钱全不费功夫啊 |
[05:46] | A thing of beauty. | 绝对的美差 |
[05:47] | Hey, what was that, uh, crazy stuff about roundhouse kicks? | 你怎么想到回旋踢那一出的 |
[05:51] | Where the hell did you get that? | 哪来的灵感 |
[05:52] | I don’t know, man. | 我不知道 |
[05:53] | Just something in my brain, you know? | 这想法早就有了 |
[05:54] | It just came out. Too much? | 就这样涌了出来 太过了吗 |
[05:57] | No. I loved it. | 不 甚合我意 |
[05:58] | It was, like, deep or something. | 只是感觉略有深意 |
[06:03] | You want to talk about brilliant? | 论功绩的话 |
[06:04] | I mean, we — you’re the man. | 我们两个当中 你才是主力 |
[06:07] | Me — I’m just — I love watching you work, man. | 至于我 我喜欢欣赏你干活 |
[06:14] | It’s good for making beer money — that’s about all. | 也就赚点啤酒钱 仅此而已 |
[06:44] | Please, okay? No one has to know. | 拜托 没人会知道的 |
[06:45] | I mean, you could just pretend you didn’t find us. | 你可以装作根本没找到我们 |
[06:48] | I — we would never tell anyone, would we, Craig? | 我们绝不告诉任何人 是吧克雷格 |
[06:50] | – No, absolutely not. – No. | -对 绝对不说 -不会的 |
[06:52] | I already called your lawyer. | 我已经给你们的律师打过电话了 |
[06:54] | Besides, this little family outing of yours — | 另外 你们一家这样一走 |
[06:57] | it’s put an innocent man in jail. | 已经让一个无辜的人坐了牢 |
[07:00] | The cops are investigating this as a kidnapping. | 警察正把这案子当作绑架案来调查 |
[07:02] | They already rounded up some poor suspect. | 他们已经抓到了一个倒霉的嫌疑人 |
[07:06] | A — a-a working-class guy. Father…I think. | 工薪阶级 好像还是个父亲 |
[07:10] | But anyway, you two — you almost ruined someone’s life — | 不管怎么说 你俩已经毁了某人的人生 |
[07:14] | Potentially several someones. | 也许是很多人的人生 |
[07:16] | I — we had no idea. | 我们真不知道这些 |
[07:18] | Could this have been the person in the van? | 会不会是货车里那个人 |
[07:21] | What if the man they arrested is the one we were warned about? | 如果他们抓到的人正好是警告里说的那人呢 |
[07:25] | Yeah, maybe he’s not so innocent, hmm? | 这样看来 他可能也没那么无辜 |
[07:27] | Uh, warned? Warned how? | 警告 怎么回事 |
[07:30] | Well, we had a phone call — someone disguising their voice. | 我们接到一个电话 有人用假嗓音打的 |
[07:33] | Yeah, they said someone was coming for us. | 他们说有人要找我们麻烦 |
[07:35] | And there was a van outside the house… yep. | 我家外面还停着一辆货车 |
[07:37] | …as if whoever was inside was watching us. | 好像有人在车里监视着我们 |
[07:40] | And, uh, once that drove off, | 所以 车一开走 |
[07:42] | – We…did what we did for the kids. – The kids. | -我们为了孩子就这样做了 -为了孩子 |
[07:46] | I-I-I wouldn’t know about any of that. | 我不知道有这回事 |
[07:48] | I just… | 我只是… |
[07:50] | I can assure you that you and your family are safe. | 我可以向你们保证 你和家人很安全 |
[07:53] | I mean, the police are all over this thing, so… | 现在警察已经全权介入 所以 |
[07:55] | It — it doesn’t matter. Uh, we can’t just go back. | 不是这个问题 我们不能就这么回去 |
[07:58] | I mean, it’s — our case. They’ll crucify Craig. | 是案子的问题 他们不会放过克雷格的 |
[08:03] | Can’t you just call Ms. Wexler again? | 你能再给韦克斯勒小姐打个电话吗 |
[08:05] | You know, tell her you didn’t see us after all. | 就说你其实根本没看到我们 |
[08:07] | If they think I ran away, | 如果他们认为我是逃跑的 |
[08:08] | it’ll look like I did something wrong. | 肯定会怀疑我 |
[08:10] | Yeah, and we can’t risk losing everything | 我们不能冒风险 |
[08:12] | just because of some teensy mistake. | 因为一点小错误就失去一切 |
[08:14] | – I mean, it’s… – Can I ask you something? | -这真的… -我能问你们点事吗 |
[08:16] | What — what were you hoping would happen? | 你们本来是怎么希望的 |
[08:18] | I mean, before I found you, what were you planning to do? | 在我找到你们之前 你们有什么打算 |
[08:22] | Well, we were in the process of, you know, working that out… | 我们还在…考虑 |
[08:26] | – We were working that out. -…When you, um… we were– | -还在考虑… -然后你就… |
[08:30] | All right, well, uh, | 好吧 |
[08:31] | you still got a little bit of maneuverability, all right? | 天无绝人之路 |
[08:33] | You — you’re outdoorsy, right? | 你们爱好野外活动 对吧 |
[08:35] | So you went on an impromptu camping trip. | 所以你们就来了一场说走就走的野营 |
[08:37] | I don’t know. It’s something people do, apparently. | 人有时候就是这么任性 |
[08:40] | Uh, you left the house a mess, | 你们把家里搞得一团乱 |
[08:42] | and you kicked in your own front door | 把自家前门踹开 |
[08:44] | because it’s a free country. | 因为这是个自由国度 |
[08:47] | Kim Wexler is very good. She’ll make it work. | 金·韦克斯勒很厉害 她能让人信服 |
[08:50] | Yeah, what — what about the money? | 那 钱怎么办 |
[08:53] | Uh, well, if she knows about it, she’ll tell, right? | 如果她知道了钱的事 她一定会上报吧 |
[08:56] | I mean, she’ll have to tell. | 我是说她不得不上报吧 |
[08:59] | Well, like they say in Silicon Valley, | 就像硅谷人说的那样 |
[09:01] | “It’s not a bug — it’s a feature.” | “那不是故障 是产品特色” |
[09:04] | Did you ever hear of a bargaining chip? | 听说过可以放弃的谈判筹码吗 |
[09:06] | Well, what we have right here | 我们面前的这一堆 |
[09:08] | is the mother of all bargaining chips. | 就是可放弃的筹码 |
[09:11] | Um, as in…you expect us to give this back? | 你是想让我们把钱上交 |
[09:18] | We are not giving this back. | 我们不会把钱交回去的 |
[09:20] | Uh, we are not guilty. This money belongs to us. | 我们没有罪 这钱是我们应得的 |
[09:23] | We ea– well, I mean, Craig earned it. | 是我们 是克雷格赚到的 |
[09:25] | I worked very hard… | 我很努力地工作 |
[09:27] | …You know, weekends and holidays… | 我周末 节假日都在工作 |
[09:29] | – …All unpaid. – All unpaid, always. | -总是白做工 -白做工 一直都是 |
[09:30] | And — and, really, just because you’re salaried | 虽然给我们发了工资 |
[09:33] | doesn’t mean you don’t deserve overtime. | 那也不能不给加班费啊 |
[09:34] | I-I think that’s only fair. | 我觉得这样才公平 |
[09:36] | I mean, really, that’s what this is about, right? | 没错 就是这个问题 |
[09:37] | – Yeah. Fairness. – Fairness, right. | -事关公平二字 -没错 公平 |
[09:39] | I mean, not just what’s legal. | 这不光是合不合法的问题 |
[09:41] | If you want to talk about legal, slavery — | 要说合法 你看奴隶制 |
[09:44] | that used to be legal — human slavery, so… | 以前蓄奴还合法呢 |
[09:50] | Yeah, this is right up there with that. | 是这么回事哈 |
[10:02] | Please, just don’t tell anyone about the money. | 求你了 别告诉任何人这笔钱的事 |
[10:06] | – I can’t take a bribe. – Who would know? | -我不能受贿 -谁知道啊 |
[10:08] | – We won’t tell anyone. – Yeah, take it. | -我们对谁也不说 -是啊 拿着吧 |
[10:10] | I can’t take it. | 那也不行 |
[10:11] | Please. Didn’t you say that you wanted to help us? | 拿着吧 你刚才不是说想帮我们吗 |
[10:14] | So just pretend you never saw the money. How hard is that? | 你就假装从没见过这钱 这不难吧 |
[10:18] | Take it. | 快拿着 |
[10:20] | Take it. | 拿着啊 |
[10:21] | I can’t — I can’t take a bribe. | 我…我真的不能拿 |
[10:26] | But you know what? | 不过 |
[10:28] | I can– I can take a retainer. | 我可以把它当预付金 |
[10:32] | A retainer? | 预付金 |
[10:34] | Yeah, for my services — as your lawyer? | 对 我当你们的律师 你们给我预付金啊 |
[10:38] | – You’re not our lawyer. – Well, not yet. | -你并不是我们的律师 -现在还不是而已 |
[10:41] | Look…I know that HHM is shiny and it’s slick | 我知道 哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所光鲜亮丽 |
[10:45] | and it’s chock-full of lawyers | 里面的律师一抓一大把 |
[10:47] | and, compared to them, I’m like a — | 和他们相比 我就像个 |
[10:50] | a kiddy lemonade stand trying to compete with Wal-mart. | 卖柠檬水的小摊 企图和沃尔玛竞争 |
[10:53] | But here’s the thing — what are you gonna get from me | 但是 我能为你们提供的服务 |
[10:56] | that you’re not gonna get from those other guys? | 别人都无法提供 |
[10:58] | Passion, commitment. | 比如我的热情与专注 |
[11:02] | Ask yourself this — who found you? | 你们自己想想看 是谁找到你们的 |
[11:04] | I don’t see Howard Hamlin | 我可没看到霍华德·哈姆林 |
[11:06] | ruining his $300 Gucci loafers out here. | 穿着他三百块的古驰皮鞋来这儿找你们 |
[11:09] | If you’re with me, you’re my number-one client. | 如果请我 那二位就是我的头号委托人 |
[11:11] | Morning, noon, or night, you call me — I’m there. | 不管早中晚给我打电话 我随时待命 |
[11:14] | I would be singularly devoted to you. | 我将会全心全意为你们服务 |
[11:21] | But why not? | 不行吗 为什么 |
[11:24] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:25] | You’re just…the… | 因为你… |
[11:29] | Just…I’m what? | 我怎么了 |
[11:32] | You’re the kind of lawyer guilty people hire. | 有罪的人才找你当律师 |
[12:07] | Did it make the paper? | 上报纸了吗 |
[12:09] | What? | 什么 |
[12:10] | Did it make the paper? | 那案子上报纸了吗 |
[12:11] | Did what make the paper? | 什么案子上报纸 |
[12:13] | Okay, well, probably missed the deadline, | 好吧 看来是错过截稿期了 |
[12:16] | But check it out tomorrow morning — front page. | 你明早再看 肯定在头版头条 |
[12:18] | The Kettlemans, all four of them — | 凯特尔曼一家四口 |
[12:20] | Safe and sound. | 安然无恙 |
[12:22] | – Looks like you called it. – Yeah. | -都让你说中了 -嗯 |
[12:24] | Camping — you know, pretty much right in their own backyard — | 他们当时在野营 就在他家后院里 |
[12:28] | Well 5 miles above it. | 不对 离他家后院还有五英里 |
[12:30] | Jesus. | 我的天 |
[12:31] | The night I had. I got pine nuts in my shoes. | 那晚真糟糕 我鞋里都是松子 |
[12:34] | But, I mean, can you believe it? | 我是说 这事也太难以置信了 |
[12:37] | I-I guess you can. | 好吧 你肯定不觉得奇怪 |
[12:39] | It’s just, you know, | 我就是觉得吧 |
[12:42] | you assume that criminals are gonna be smarter than they are. | 本以为罪犯要比他们看起来聪明得多 |
[12:47] | I don’t know. | 我真搞不懂 |
[12:48] | It kind of breaks my heart a little. | 这事还真让我小难过了一把 |
[12:55] | Not the loquacious sort, are you? | 看你不怎么爱说话啊 |
[12:58] | We can’t all be as blessed as you. | 不是所有人都像你巧舌如簧 |
[13:02] | Well, thanks for your help. | 多谢你那天帮我 |
[13:04] | Don’t mention it. | 没什么 |
[13:06] | And, uh, if you ever need any assistance… | 那个 你要是需要帮忙的话… |
[13:26] | Why is my client in handcuffs? | 怎么把我的委托人给铐上了 |
[13:28] | This man is innocent. He’s a victim. | 他是无辜的 是受害人 |
[13:30] | Why — why on earth would he be cuffed? | 他怎么能戴手铐呢 |
[13:33] | Just go — go ahead. Take them off. There you go. | 快把手铐摘下来 这下好了 |
[13:35] | Free at last! | 你自由了 |
[13:36] | Hey, did he tell you the good news? | 他告诉你那个好消息了吗 |
[13:38] | Never even kidnapped — how about that? | 根本不是什么绑架 怎么样 |
[13:41] | A family can’t go on a little vacation | 全城不戒备一下 |
[13:42] | without the whole city going on lockdown? | 人家都不能去野营了是吧 |
[13:45] | By the way, where is your partner? | 对了 你那搭档在哪 |
[13:46] | What — did you lose the coin toss? | 你俩扔硬币你输了是吧 |
[13:47] | Because we expect an apology from him, as well as you. | 我们要他来道歉 你也得道歉 |
[13:50] | You really don’t want to push your luck with me, scumbag. | 你个傻逼 少在这儿得寸进尺 |
[13:54] | You got eyes on you, asshole. | 还有你这混蛋 我们可盯着你呢 |
[13:55] | One little slip — just one. | 你要再敢犯事 就等着瞧吧 |
[13:57] | Yeah, well, you’re — you’re both very pretty, so… | 好好好 你们牛气 行了吧 |
[14:07] | Well… | 那个… |
[14:07] | I believe I did more than what you asked of me, | 你让我做的我做了 没让的我也做了 |
[14:11] | So, uh, that would make us square, yes? | 咱俩这下互不相欠了吧 |
[14:16] | Great. | 那就好 |
[14:19] | You need a ride? | 要不要我搭你一程 |
[14:20] | Camping? | 野营 |
[14:23] | You expect me to believe that shit? | 你觉得我会信这种鬼话吗 |
[14:25] | Yeah, I know it. | 我知道你不信 |
[14:27] | The things people do, huh? | 可是人们有时是这样 |
[14:29] | They decide to go camping | 我前脚和你说好那事 |
[14:31] | right after I run my little offer by you? | 他们后脚就跑出去野营 |
[14:33] | Could be argued that all of life is one great coincidence. | 生活本来就充满了巧合啊 |
[14:41] | Somebody told those people to, um, go camping. | 一定是有人让他们去”野营” |
[14:47] | Somebody warned them. | 那人给他们提了个醒 |
[14:51] | They’re very woodsy. | 他们本来就爱往林子里钻 |
[14:53] | And between you and me, | 而且说实话 |
[14:54] | they’re pretty rash when it comes to the decision-making. | 他们属于做决定十分冲动的人 |
[14:57] | I mean, they’re not really the plan-ahead types. | 并不是真正懂得深谋远虑的人 |
[14:59] | Yeah, I’d cut the cute attitude right about now | 如果我是你 就赶紧把那油腔滑调 |
[15:02] | if I were you. | 收起来 |
[15:04] | You ratted on me. There will be consequences. | 你出卖了我 是会付出代价的 |
[15:10] | Hey, if somebody warned the Kettlemans, | 如果有人警告了凯特尔曼一家 |
[15:12] | it was probably somebody who was worried about those kids. | 那也是因为担心那两个孩子 |
[15:20] | You know how much trouble you caused me? | 你知道你给我惹了多大的麻烦吗 |
[15:21] | You didn’t need any help getting caught, okay? | 你被抓住可不是我害得 |
[15:24] | The neighbor ID’d you. You were sloppy. | 邻居认出了你 是你大意了 |
[15:27] | Any trouble you might have — that’s on you. | 不管惹了多大麻烦 都是你自找的 |
[15:31] | Not to mention the blood in your van. | 更别提你车里的血迹了 |
[15:34] | Here’s a thought — Ajax, Formula 409! | 你就不能用点清洁剂吗 |
[15:37] | You have no idea the tap-dance I had | 你根本不知道为了让你出来 |
[15:39] | to give those cops to get you out of here. | 我跟那些警察兜了多少圈子 |
[15:42] | You gave them probable cause out the wazoo. | 是你给他们拱手奉上一大堆疑点 |
[15:45] | Now, and whoever the somebody is | 即使真的有人 |
[15:47] | who may have warned the Kettlemans got them out of there | 警告了凯特尔曼一家 让他们离开 |
[15:51] | before you did anything even more stupid. | 你才因此没有做出更蠢的事 |
[15:56] | You should be thanking this good samaritan. | 那你也应该感谢那个好心人 |
[16:00] | Because whoever he is, he did you a favor. | 因为不管那人是谁 他帮了你的忙 |
[17:01] | Okay, um, I’m thinking hourly here. | 我们来按小时计费 |
[17:04] | There were some special circumstances, | 由于出现了一些特殊情况 |
[17:06] | so our elite-tier pricing | 所以我们的贵宾价 |
[17:10] | would be…$950 an hour. | 为每小时九百五十美元 |
[17:15] | Round it off to 20 hours. | 总计二十个小时 |
[17:19] | $19,000… | 一万九千美元 |
[17:22] | Plus $1,000 for travel expenses. | 再加上一千美元差旅费 |
[17:24] | Consulting fees — $1,500. | 咨询费一千五百美元 |
[17:28] | And, uh, research… | 调研费用 |
[17:31] | Five for filing fees. | 立案费五千 |
[17:32] | I ate on the road. | 外出餐补 |
[17:36] | And storage fees. | 还有保管费 |
[17:42] | Miscellaneous expenses. | 各种杂费 |
[17:49] | Upon this rock, I will build my church. | 我要把我的教会建造在这磐石上 |
[17:59] | Double-breasted or single, sir? | 要双排扣还是单排 先生 |
[18:01] | Single. Now, I want you to cut the armholes high, okay? | 单排 我希望你把袖孔开高一些 |
[18:04] | – Of course. – And, uh, trim through the middle — trim. | -当然 -还有中间要修身一些 修身型 |
[18:08] | Cloth? | 要什么布料的 |
[18:09] | Uh, oh, well, uh, wool. | 羊毛 |
[18:12] | Yeah. Uh… | 对了 |
[18:16] | “Super 170 Tasmanian wool.” | “特级170塔斯马尼亚羊毛” |
[18:19] | – Beautiful choice, sir. – Thanks. | -很好的选择 先生 -谢谢 |
[18:22] | Navy, all right? | 海军蓝 好吗 |
[18:25] | Oh, that’s it. Perfect. Pinstripe. | 就是它 非常好 细条纹的 |
[18:28] | Shall we discuss shirts? | 是不是该讨论衬衫了 |
[18:29] | Okay, I’m gonna need your finest sea island cotton | 好 我要你们这里最好的海岛棉面料 |
[18:33] | with a white club collar and french cuffs. | 白色圆角领和翻边袖口 |
[18:36] | I have the very thing. | 我这里正好有 |
[18:37] | And I’m assuming you want to see some ties? | 我认为你还想看看领带吧 |
[18:40] | Yeah, I was, you know, picturing something in a — | 对 我预想差不多应该是 |
[18:42] | a light-blue knit. | 浅蓝色的针织领带 |
[18:45] | Oh, and, uh, could you make sure | 还有请确保 |
[18:47] | those are real mother-of-pearl buttons on the shirts, okay? | 衬衫上是真正的珍珠母纽扣 好吗 |
[18:50] | None of this fake plastic crap. | 不要那些假的塑料玩意 |
[18:52] | Of course. I’ll be right back. | 当然 我马上回来 |
[18:54] | Some coffee, David, for the gentleman? | 给这位先生倒杯咖啡 大卫 |
[19:26] | Here we are. | 找到了 |
[19:29] | Shall we? | 要试试吗 |
[19:31] | Yeah, let’s go. | 好 来吧 |
[19:38] | So, um, what do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[19:42] | – “Strawberry fields forever”? – Mm. | -“永远的草莓地”色吗 -对 |
[19:46] | No. Are you crazy? | 不对 你疯了吗 |
[19:47] | – N-not even close. – Yes, it is. | -边都沾不上 -是一样的 |
[19:50] | – Look. – No, no. | -看啊 -不不 |
[19:50] | It’s way more “Sassafras glow” — way more. | “闪亮黄樟色”更像 像多了 |
[19:54] | Use your eyes — Strawberry Fields Forever. | 好好看看 就是”永远的草莓地”色 |
[19:57] | Ladies, back me up. Hey. Is it — sassafras glow. | 女士们 帮我看看 这是”闪亮黄樟色” |
[20:00] | – Am I right? -Yeah. No. | -我对吗 -对 不对 |
[20:02] | Maybe “Rhapsody in blonde,” but…yeah, see? | 或者”金色狂想曲” 不过 看到了吗 |
[20:06] | They agree with me. | 她们同意我说的 |
[20:07] | Whatever happened to “The customer is always right”? | 人们不是常说”顾客永远是对的”吗 |
[20:09] | Sassafras glow — mix it up, all right? | 闪亮黄樟色 去配吧 好吗 |
[20:12] | You’re wrong. You’ll see. | 你错了 你会看到的 |
[20:13] | Big deal. I’ll wash it out in the morning. | 那有什么关系 大不了我明早洗掉 |
[20:15] | – No biggie. Geez. – It’s bleach. | -多大点事啊 -这是漂发 |
[20:17] | – It doesn’t wash out. – What? | -洗不掉的 -什么 |
[20:19] | It’s permanent? | 是永久性的吗 |
[20:21] | We’ll photoshop the color, okay? | 那我们还是直接修图吧 |
[20:24] | Change of plan, ladies. | 计划有变 女士们 |
[20:25] | I want to go with a simple curling-iron job, okay? | 我只要做简单的烫卷 |
[20:29] | Uh, give me, like, ringlets — | 给我做那种小卷发 |
[20:32] | You know, on top, like Tony Curtis in “Spartacus.” | 就像《斯巴达克斯》里面托尼·柯蒂斯那种 |
[20:35] | Yeah, like the bath scene in “Spartacus.” | 对 就像《斯巴达克斯》里浴室那场戏那样 |
[20:40] | Okay. “I am Spartacus.” | 对 那个”我是斯巴达克斯” |
[20:42] | Stop talking about it! | 别再议论了 |
[20:43] | Make me beautiful, already. | 快让我变漂亮 |
[21:08] | Hello. | 喂 |
[21:09] | You’ve reached the law offices of James M. McGill, esquire, | 这里是詹姆斯·M·麦吉尔先生的律所 |
[21:12] | a lawyer you can trust. | 一位值得你信赖的律师 |
[21:14] | Kindly leave your information at the tone, | 请在响声后留下你的信息 |
[21:16] | and Mr. McGill will phone you promptly. | 麦吉尔先生会尽快给你回电 |
[21:20] | Hey. Uh…it’s me. | 是我 |
[21:23] | Anyway, uh, “The Thing” is playing downtown on Saturday. | 《怪形》这周六上映 |
[21:28] | Thought you might be up for some Kurt Russell action. | 我觉着你应该会喜欢库特·拉塞尔的表演 |
[21:31] | I owe you one, so why don’t we just grab some dinner first? | 我欠你个人情 那要不先吃晚饭 |
[21:34] | My treat. | 我请 |
[21:36] | And…uh, you know, if not, | 要是…你不想来的话 |
[21:40] | can you give me a call anyway? | 也给我回个电话好吗 |
[21:41] | I really want to talk to you. | 我真的很想跟你谈谈 |
[21:43] | Okay. Uh, bye. | 就这样 再见 |
[21:45] | Come in. | 请进 |
[21:49] | How goes it? | 事情怎么样了 |
[21:52] | Tricky, for sure. | 有点棘手 |
[21:54] | Craig and Betsy really put us in a corner with the police, | 克雷格和贝茜让我们在警察面前的处境很不妙 |
[21:57] | Not to mention the press. | 更不用说媒体方面了 |
[21:59] | But this camping story of theirs — | 但是 他们的野营一说 |
[22:02] | they’ve been keeping it consistent, at least. | 倒是编的无懈可击 |
[22:06] | If it’s okay with you, | 如果你同意的话 |
[22:07] | I think I should try to talk them into hiring a P.R. Firm — | 我觉得应该劝他们雇一家公关公司 |
[22:10] | certainly for the next couple of weeks. | 应付接下来的几周 |
[22:15] | So, okay on the P.R. Firm? | 所以 你同意吗 |
[22:18] | – Do you have a minute? – Yeah, of course. | -你现在有空吗 -当然有 |
[22:20] | What’s up? | 有什么事吗 |
[22:22] | Take a ride with me. | 跟我出去兜个风 |
[22:24] | Uh, okay. Uh… where are we going? | 好的 可是 去哪里兜 |
[22:55] | Shit. | 操 |
[22:57] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[23:01] | That’s…I mean, that’s my suit, right? | 他穿的是…我的西装 对吧 |
[23:05] | Am I crazy here? | 是我疯了吗 |
[23:07] | No, you’re not crazy. | 你没疯 |
[23:09] | Look at the logo. That’s our logo. | 你看那个标志 那是我们的商标 |
[23:12] | He’s just straight-up copying us. | 他根本就是在抄袭我们 |
[23:14] | I mean, what the hell is he thinking with this? | 他脑子里到底在想什么啊 |
[23:19] | I really — h-h-he’s, you know, a free spirit. | 我真的 他…他行事不羁 |
[23:22] | Yeah, that’s one way to put it. | 说的也是 |
[23:28] | You two are still friends, right? | 你俩还是朋友对吧 |
[23:31] | – I wouldn’t exactly — – You talk, though. | -关系不是很 -但还是能说上话的 |
[23:33] | Not…really — | 不…怎么说 |
[23:34] | Still, you’re the one he called | 但他找到凯特尔曼一家 |
[23:35] | when he found the Kettlemans camped halfway up the Sandias. | 在桑迪亚斯露营的时候 他打电话给你了 |
[23:39] | He was just looking out for his own client — that’s all. | 他只是想为自己的委托人开脱罢了 |
[23:41] | This isn’t the Third Degree, Kim. | 金 我不是严刑逼供你 |
[23:42] | I-I really don’t care one way or the other. | 我…我不在乎你们俩关系好不好 |
[23:44] | I just… | 我只是… |
[23:50] | He’s really forcing my hand here. | 他这么做太狠了 |
[24:19] | Am I interrupting? | 我打扰到你了吗 |
[24:21] | Not at all. Perfect timing. Come on. | 没有 来得正好 来来 |
[24:26] | Sit. | 请坐 |
[24:27] | Have a massage, free of charge. | 做个按摩吧 免费的 |
[24:30] | – Okay. – Got to try the foot bath, too. | -好啊 -这个足浴也要体验一下 |
[24:35] | Give the old dogs a rest. | 这把老骨头终于可以歇歇了 |
[24:44] | A-and go for the deep-tissue setting. Otherwise — | 要调到深度按摩模式 不然的话 |
[24:47] | Is that the small fist? | 是这个小的吗 |
[24:48] | Use the — it’s three arrows. | 你得用那个 三个箭头那档 |
[24:49] | – I did. I pressed it. – Just — yeah. | -是啊 我按了那个 -就 对了 |
[24:51] | Now you feel it? Good. | 你现在感觉到了吗 好吧 |
[24:54] | – Now relax, okay? – Okay. | -现在放松试试 -好的 |
[24:56] | You deserve a break today. | 你得休息一下犒劳自己 |
[25:04] | – It’s very nice. – Told you. | -真的很舒服 -我早说过了 |
[25:07] | I get this free every night — | 我每晚都能免费享受 |
[25:09] | Just one of the perks of salon living. | 这就是住在美容院里的好处之一 |
[25:11] | – The others being… – Free cucumber water, obviously. | -其他好处是 -你看 有免费黄瓜水喝 |
[25:15] | Obviously. Free mani-pedis? | 当然 有免费的修甲吗 |
[25:19] | Deep discount mani-pedis. | 修甲享超低折扣 |
[25:20] | Because the ladies still got to eat, you know? | 毕竟人家还是要吃饭的 |
[25:22] | Well, it’s still a deal. | 好吧 那还是不错的 |
[25:26] | Living like a king, then. | 看来你活得很滋润啊 |
[25:45] | What’s this? Is this a cease and desist? | 这是什么 是禁止令吗 |
[25:48] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是的 -好吧 |
[25:50] | How pissed was he? | 他有多生气 |
[25:53] | Well, his head didn’t actually explode, | 至少头没气炸 |
[25:55] | But, you know, pretty damn pissed… | 但是 还是气得够呛 |
[25:56] | …like “This won’t end well for you” pissed. | 直骂”你肯定没好下场”这种 |
[26:00] | – How about that? – Jimmy. | -那又如何 -吉米 |
[26:03] | – This is serious. – I know. | -这不是闹着玩的 -我知道 |
[26:04] | – Do you? I mean, – Yeah. | -你真的知道吗 -当然 |
[26:07] | what the hell is with that billboard? | 那块广告板到底是怎么回事啊 |
[26:10] | I know you have a problem with Hamlin, but I | 我知道你跟哈姆林过不去 但我 |
[26:13] | I just don’t get your angle here. | 我不懂你那是什么意思 |
[26:15] | Aren’t you trying to build your own law practice? | 你不是要建自己的律所吗 |
[26:18] | Instead, you’re spending god knows how much money | 但你现在花了一大笔钱 |
[26:21] | turning yourself into a little Hamlin clone. | 把自己变成了哈姆林翻版 |
[26:23] | I mean…why are you making this personal? | 你干嘛要针对他 |
[26:27] | – It’s not personal. – It is so personal. | -没有针对他 -明明就是 |
[26:30] | It is completely and totally personal. | 这完完全全就是针对他 |
[26:33] | – No, no, no. It’s not. No. – Yes. Yes, it is. | -不 都说了不是了 -是 明明就是 |
[26:36] | Stop trying to pretend. | 别再装了 |
[26:38] | I can advertise, can’t I? | 我就不能做广告了吗 |
[26:40] | What, do I have to clear everything | 什么 难道我做什么事都要 |
[26:42] | – Past the great and powerful Howard? – Yes, | -经过万能的霍华德同意吗 -对 |
[26:43] | you can advertise, Jimmy, all you want. | 你可以做广告 吉米 随你 |
[26:44] | That billboard is not advertising. | 但那广告牌不是广告宣传 |
[26:46] | That is a declaration of war. | 那是宣战 |
[26:48] | Declaration of war? That’s… | 宣战 那… |
[26:49] | It’s right at Hamlin’s exit. | 它就在哈姆林出口 |
[26:50] | You know he drives by it every day. | 你知道他每天都开车从那过 |
[26:52] | It’s business. I’m building a brand. | 那是生意 我在创建一个品牌 |
[26:55] | You’re ripping off a brand. | 你是剽窃别人的品牌 |
[26:57] | There is nothing original in that ad. | 那个广告里一点原创的东西也没有 |
[27:00] | It certainly doesn’t represent Jimmy McGill. | 它绝对代表不了吉米·麦吉尔 |
[27:02] | Hey, all right, now, he fired the first shot, okay? | 你听好了 是他打响了第一枪 |
[27:05] | Trying to keep me from using my name, my own name, Kim? | 不许我用我自己的名字 金 |
[27:09] | I get that. | 我理解 |
[27:11] | But this… you’re better than this. | 但 你可以做得更好 |
[27:15] | – I’m better than this? – Yeah. | -我可以做得更好 -对 |
[27:16] | – I’m better than this? – Yes. | -我可以做得更好 -对 |
[27:17] | – I’m better? – You are. | -我更好 -对 |
[27:18] | Well, you’re better than that schmuck Hamlin! | 你比那个蠢哈姆林强 |
[27:21] | – Oh, come on, Jimmy. – You — hey. | -拜托 吉米 -你… |
[27:22] | – Come on. – You could work anywhere. | -拜托 -你可以在任何地方工作 |
[27:23] | You could be somewhere where they appreciate you — | 你可以在欣赏你的公司工作 |
[27:26] | You know, where they see how valuable you are, | 在能看到你价值的公司工作 |
[27:28] | Where — I don’t know — maybe they care about you?! | 他们会关心你 |
[27:41] | Forget it, okay? | 别想了 好吗 |
[27:43] | If Hamlin wants to come after me, | 如果哈姆林要对付我 |
[27:45] | he knows where I am. | 他知道我在哪 |
[27:46] | I’ll be ready, guns blazing. | 我会准备好 全副武装 |
[28:08] | The cease and desist is just the beginning. | 禁止令只是个开始 |
[28:11] | The next step is an injunction. | 下一步就是强制令 |
[28:13] | You can’t win this fight. | 这场战争你是赢不了的 |
[28:43] | Your honor, I’m a humble solo practitioner, | 法官大人 我是卑微的个体律师 |
[28:46] | merely trying to ply my trade | 只想在这个充满竞争 |
[28:48] | in an aggressive and evolving marketplace. | 且日新月异的市场里有一席之地 |
[28:51] | As I’ve argued repeatedly, this is trademark infringement. | 正如我不断重申的 这是商标侵权 |
[28:54] | Mr. McGill’s new logo is an absolute copy of ours. | 麦吉尔先生的新商标完全是抄我们的 |
[28:57] | I think it falls firmly under fair use. | 我认为这是合理使用 |
[29:00] | Fair use? | 合理使用 |
[29:01] | You’re clearly profiting, so fair use doesn’t apply. | 你明显从中获利 这不是合理使用 |
[29:03] | It — there are only so many fonts out there. | 字体就那么几种 |
[29:06] | Does Mr. Hamlin outright own them all? | 难道都属于哈姆林先生吗 |
[29:08] | No, but we’ve been using this particular font | 不 但我们用这种字体 |
[29:10] | for 12 years now, and it, | 已经十二年了 |
[29:12] | in concert with our tri-rectangle graphic | 还有我们的三矩形图案 |
[29:14] | and hamlindigo blue, constitutes a trademarked brand identifier. | 和哈姆林靛蓝 共同组成了注册商标 |
[29:18] | Whoa, whoa. Back up. | 等等 你说啥 |
[29:19] | Hamlindigo blue? | 哈姆林靛蓝 |
[29:22] | Yes. | 对 |
[29:23] | That is our trademarked name. | 那是我们注册的名字 |
[29:25] | Holy crap. | 天啊 |
[29:26] | You seriously named a color “Hamlindigo”? | 你真的管一个颜色叫”哈姆林靛蓝” |
[29:29] | That is — yikes. | 真是 哇 |
[29:31] | “Yikes”? From the man dressed exactly like me. | “哇” 从一个穿着和我一样的人嘴里冒出来 |
[29:34] | Your honor, I feel like | 法官大人 我感觉 |
[29:35] | I’m in the mirror routine with Groucho Marx, | 我在和格劳乔·马克思做镜子表演 |
[29:38] | like we should be standing, waving our arms at each other. | 我们应该站着 向对方挥手 |
[29:40] | Really? I don’t see it. | 真的吗 我可看不出来 |
[29:42] | In addition, the name McGill appears in both logos, | 另外 出现在两个商标上的名字麦吉尔 |
[29:45] | which, I believe, Mr. McGill is hoping | 我认为 麦吉尔先生是想 |
[29:47] | to further confuse potential clients. | 让潜在客户更加迷惑 |
[29:48] | So I can’t advertise under my own name now? | 所以我连自己的名字都不能用吗 |
[29:50] | I’m to be penalized ’cause I happen to | 就因为恰巧和他们律所的一个合伙人 |
[29:52] | share a name with one of HHM’s partners? | 名字相同 就要被处罚吗 |
[29:55] | You can’t take my name from me. | 你不能不让我用自己的名字 |
[29:57] | The name is not the problem here, Mr. McGill. | 名字不是现在的问题 麦吉尔先生 |
[29:59] | Uh, Mr. Hamlin certainly seems to think so. | 哈姆林先生显然认为是问题 |
[30:02] | I mean, he wants me to change my name ’cause he claims that — | 他想让我改名 因为他声称 |
[30:05] | that — what — it’s some kind of threat to his business? | 这对他的事业造成了一些威胁 |
[30:08] | Your honor. This is restraint of trade, okay? | 法官大人 这是贸易管制 |
[30:10] | Whatever happened to the free market, huh? | 现在不是自由市场吗 |
[30:12] | No, Hamlin here wants you to tell — | 不 哈姆林是想告诉你… |
[30:13] | Okay, Okay, I’ve —- enough. Mr. McGill, I’ve heard enough. | 好 够了 麦吉尔先生 我听够了 |
[30:18] | All right, yes, you are within your rights | 好 你有权利 |
[30:20] | to advertise using your own name. | 用你自己名字做广告 |
[30:22] | However, in my estimation, the billboard clearly | 但是 根据我的判断 这个广告牌明显 |
[30:26] | and intentionally duplicates elements | 有意抄袭了 |
[30:28] | of the Hamlin Hamlin & McGill logo. | 哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所的商标 |
[30:30] | You’re actively copying their established brand | 你是主动抄袭他们已成立的品牌 |
[30:33] | for your own gain. | 谋求个人利益 |
[30:34] | I don’t see any other reasonable explanation. | 我不认为还有其他合理解释 |
[30:36] | – Your honor, I — – Jimmy, Jimmy. | -法官大人 我… -吉米 吉米 |
[30:38] | Wise up. | 放聪明点 |
[30:39] | The billboard must come down within 48 hours. | 这个广告牌必须在四十八小时内拆除 |
[30:44] | This is a classic David vs. Goliath story. | 这就是经典的弱者对巨人的故事 |
[30:47] | I mean, you got your gigantic law firm | 他凭借自己庞大的律所 |
[30:49] | stomping all over the little guy. | 践踏所有小公司 |
[30:52] | Yeah, but it’s investigative journalism at its best. | 对 但这都可以算做黑幕报道了 |
[30:54] | I-it’s right up your alley. Uh-huh. | 这正是你的拿手好戏 |
[31:00] | Yeah, o-okay, well, let me give you my cell just in case… | 好吧 我把我的号码给你 如果… |
[31:03] | Uh — yeah. Thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[31:16] | Can I get the news desk, please? | 请接新闻采编部 |
[31:18] | I got a hot tip. | 我有个大爆料 |
[31:19] | Don’t you want to be the station that brought down big law? | 你难道不想成为搞倒大律所的电视台吗 |
[31:22] | You could be like the reporters that brought down big tobacco. | 你可以像那些搞倒大烟草公司的记者一样 |
[31:24] | Look, I’m talking Woodward and Bernstein here. | 就像伍德沃德和伯恩斯坦揭露水门事件那样 |
[31:27] | Hey, your exposé on predatory ATM fees — that was… wow! | 你关于自动取款机乱收费的曝光 非常棒 |
[31:31] | Well, it’s a miscarriage of justice, | 这是误判 |
[31:33] | and I think your viewers would be very, very interested | 我觉得你们的读者会非常乐意 |
[31:36] | and, uh, grateful to you for exposing this injustice. | 并感激你曝光这种不公正行为 |
[31:40] | I wouldn’t characterize this as a community health risk, | 我觉得这没危及到社区健康 |
[31:43] | but it’s definitely in the community interest. | 但肯定跟社区利益有关 |
[31:45] | No, yes, | 不 没错 |
[31:46] | HHM is a pillar of the community, yes. | 哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所是社区支柱 |
[31:49] | No, I — the war is an important story, as well. | 不 斗争也是很重要的故事 |
[31:53] | That’s why this action is so egregious. | 所以这种行为很过分 |
[31:55] | Sure. Okay. | 当然 行 |
[31:57] | Well, at least consider the human-interest angle here. | 至少要报导地有点人情味 |
[32:00] | Are you kidding? | 你在逗我吗 |
[32:01] | It’s — lawyer pulls himself up by his bootstraps, | 律师自己白手起家 |
[32:04] | only to be ground under the heel of the old-money megafirm? | 结果被家族大律所踩在脚下 |
[32:07] | That’s Hearts and Minds! You — hello? | 那是《心灵与智慧》的情节 喂 |
[32:13] | Yeah, I have your number, too, so… | 是 我也有你的号码 |
[32:15] | Yeah, I see. | 我懂了 |
[32:17] | Okay. | 行 |
[33:06] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, man. | 别 别 别碰 伙计 |
[33:07] | Can’t touch the goods. | 什么都别碰 |
[33:08] | I signed the form — only I can touch the camera. | 我填了表 只有我能碰摄像机 |
[33:10] | Fine, may I suggest you widen the frame to include — | 行 我建议你扩大画面 |
[33:13] | The billboard is the story, okay? | 广告牌才是故事主角 |
[33:16] | No, I’m also the story, so…got to get me in there. | 我也是故事主角 我也得在里面 |
[33:20] | Okay, so, get on your mark. | 站在标记上 |
[33:21] | You know, uh, no offense to your minutes of experience, | 我对你捉襟见肘的摄影经验没意见 |
[33:24] | but I’d like to see what we got before we do this, okay? | 但开始之前我还是得看看 |
[33:27] | Other guy. | 那家伙 |
[33:29] | Other guy. | 那家伙 |
[33:30] | Only other guy that’s here, go stand where I was standing. | 说的就是你 站在我刚站的地方 |
[33:33] | Uh…shrink down. Shrink down. | 蹲一点 蹲一点 |
[33:36] | You know, scrunch. Yeah. | 矮一点 好了 |
[33:39] | Okay, widen the frame. Get the billboard. | 扩大画面 把广告牌拍进来 |
[33:42] | Okay, now get me. Me, me, me, me, me. | 好 然后拍我 我 我 |
[33:45] | No. Not me — get him. He’s me. Yeah, like that. | 不是我 拍他 他就是我 就这样 |
[33:50] | – Got it? – Yeah. | -明白吗 -明白 |
[33:52] | Good. | 很好 |
[33:54] | Okay. Is he in the shot? | 好 他在镜头里吗 |
[33:57] | No. Dude, just go. | 没有 开始吧 |
[33:59] | – How do I look? – Great. | -我怎么样 -很好看 |
[34:01] | I’ll, uh — no, this is my good side. | 我 不 我这边比较好看 |
[34:06] | – Is, uh — is the billboard in? – Yes! | -广告牌拍进来了吗 -是的 |
[34:08] | Jesus, just — you said $100 for one hour, not fricking 3. | 你说一百美元一小时 不是他妈的三小时 |
[34:11] | You clearly have a journalistic impulse. | 你明显有记者的冲动 |
[34:13] | You’re a real go-getter, you know that? | 你真积极 你知道吗 |
[34:15] | Go get this. | 快拍 |
[34:17] | All right, count me down. | 好 我倒数 |
[34:19] | In 5, 4, 3… | 五 四 三 |
[34:22] | Gravitas. | 要严肃 |
[34:28] | I’m James McGill. | 我是詹姆斯·麦吉尔 |
[34:30] | Like most Americans, I’m a self-made man. | 和许多美国人一样 我自力更生 |
[34:32] | I put myself through law school. | 通过自己努力从法律学校毕业 |
[34:35] | Working in the courts as a public defender, | 在法庭当公设辩护律师 |
[34:37] | I represented those with nowhere else to turn. | 我代理过很多无路可走的人 |
[34:41] | I believe in service. It’s what I’ve built my career on. | 我相信司法体系 这是我事业的基础 |
[34:44] | But I’ve also had a dream, a dream that many of us have — | 但我也有梦想 很多人共有的梦想 |
[34:48] | a dream to own my own business. | 自己创业的梦想 |
[34:52] | Well, I-I scrimped and I saved, and finally, | 我精打细算 省吃俭用 终于 |
[34:55] | I was able to buy one billboard… | 我买得起那个广告位了 |
[34:58] | …A tiny foray into advertising for my fledgling law firm. | 能给我刚开的律所打个小广告 |
[35:04] | I’ve always been told | 大家总说 |
[35:05] | that America is the land of opportunity, | 美国遍地是机会 |
[35:07] | and I believed it…until today. | 直到今天我还深信不疑 |
[35:13] | Not 24 hours after my billboard went up, | 但广告牌竖起来还不到二十四小时 |
[35:15] | a large law firm came after me. | 一家大公司就对我穷追不舍 |
[35:18] | They said that I was hurting their business. | 他们说我损害了他们的生意 |
[35:20] | They’re rich. They’re powerful. I’m just…one man. | 他们有钱有势 但我只是一个普通人 |
[35:25] | So, who do you think the courts sided with? | 你觉得法庭会站在谁那边 |
[35:29] | So now my little billboard comes down. | 现在我的广告位倒下了 |
[35:34] | Let me tell you something — | 我告诉你 |
[35:35] | if they want a fight, they’re gonna get a fight, | 如果他们想斗 那我们就斗到底 |
[35:38] | because I’m not giving up, not — | 因为我不会放弃 |
[35:40] | Holy shit! Dude, the dude! | 我的天 你看那人 |
[35:43] | – Help! – Dude, the dude! | -救命 -你看那人 |
[35:44] | The w– the worker guy! | 你看那个工人 |
[35:46] | Holy shit. | 我的天 |
[35:47] | Please! Aah! Get me down! | 来人啊 救我下去 |
[35:50] | – Dude! – Yeah, okay, call 911! | -你看那人 -行 快报警 |
[35:51] | – Help me! Aah! – You got a cell? | -救救我 -你有手机吗 |
[35:53] | – Yeah, yeah. – Aah! Please! | -有 -救命啊 |
[35:56] | Yeah, a guy just fell off a billboard | 有人快要从山南边临街的 |
[35:58] | from frontage road south of mountain. | 广告牌上摔下来了 |
[36:03] | Hey, man! | 伙计 |
[36:12] | Help me! | 救救我 |
[36:19] | Hey, man, I don’t think that’s very safe! | 我觉得那样不安全 |
[36:20] | You need to be, like, licensed for that! | 你得有执照才能上去吧 |
[36:23] | – Help me! – Man. | -救救我 -天 |
[36:31] | Not looking down. | 别往下看 |
[36:32] | One rung at a time. | 一次一级 |
[36:36] | Not looking down. | 别往下 |
[36:56] | Hurry up! | 快点 |
[36:58] | Come get me! | 快来救我 |
[37:01] | Help! | 救命 |
[37:07] | Help me! Aah! | 救救我 |
[37:13] | – Sir, I’m right here! – Please! | -先生 我就在这里 -救我 |
[37:16] | Please! | 求求你 |
[37:23] | – Pull me up! – Here, grab my hand! | -拉我上去 -抓住我的手 |
[37:25] | Pull me up! | 拉我上去 |
[37:34] | – Pull me up! – Here! | -拉我上去 -抓住 |
[38:06] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[38:07] | Took you long enough. | 动作怎么那么慢 |
[38:20] | 解救工人 本地英雄律师 | |
[38:20] | I was scared, yes. | 是 我当时吓死了 |
[38:21] | I mean, I’m not really a big fan of heights — | 其实我还是 |
[38:24] | Let me tell you. | 有点恐高 |
[38:25] | But, you know, something inside me said, “You have to do this.” | 但我内心有个声音说 “必须救人” |
[38:29] | I’m sure our city’s first responders | 我觉得就算没有我 |
[38:30] | would have been here momentarily. | 急救人员也会及时到场 |
[38:32] | Oh, jesus, can you believe this guy? | 天啊 你相信这家伙吗 |
[38:34] | But at least I was able to provide a reassuring presence. | 但至少我的出现让大家安了心 |
[38:35] | This whole thing was a publicity stunt. It’s got to be. | 这简直就是在做秀 肯定是这样 |
[38:37] | I think that’s kind of all anybody wants | 我觉得一人有难时 |
[38:39] | when they’re in trouble. | 都希望别人伸出援手 |
[38:40] | You know, of course, I didn’t think that life… | 当然 我不认为人生… |
[38:41] | You don’t think anyone’s gonna actually buy this? | 不会有人信吧 |
[38:42] | …was gonna call on me in such an immediate | …会在生命攸关之时 |
[38:45] | – And, life-threatening way. – It’s hard to say. People love a hero. | -向我求助 -很难说 人们喜欢英雄 |
[38:48] | …take it as it comes, right? | …都会毫不犹豫 是吧 |
[38:50] | The universe put me in that spot at that moment. | 我身处当时那种情况 |
[38:53] | Who am I to say no? | 怎么会拒绝 |
[38:55] | You know, as a lawyer, while I help people every day, | 作为一名律师 我每天都在帮助他人 |
[38:58] | I may not get as much attention for it. | 可能不受这么多关注 |
[38:59] | Whole thing’s a damn stunt. | 这就是做秀 |
[39:00] | But I think my clients know | 但我觉得我的委托人 |
[39:02] | that when they’re in trouble, I’m there. | 都知道他们有难 我都会帮忙 |
[39:05] | I was just a guy who was in the right… | 我只是在对的时间… |
[39:39] | You have seven new messages. | 您有七条留言 |
[39:45] | To listen to your messages, press “1.” | 听留言请按一 |
[39:49] | First message, received at 5:40… | 第一条 五点四十分收到 |
[40:29] | It’s just showmanship, Chuck. | 这都靠演技 查克 |
[40:34] | Yeah, right. | 没错 是的 |
[41:09] | You’re early. | 你今天很早 |
[41:10] | Did you — | 你有没有 |
[41:11] | Yeah, I grounded myself. Hey, big day. | 是 我放电了 今天很棒 |
[41:14] | My phone’s ringing off the hook. | 我电话响个不停 |
[41:16] | I have three consults before lunchtime — three. | 上午有三个咨询 三个哦 |
[41:19] | That’s great, Jimmy. | 太棒了 吉米 |
[41:21] | Yep. The worm has turned. | 咸鱼翻身了 |
[41:24] | Oh. That’s really great. | 真的很不错 |
[41:27] | So, to what do you credit this sudden change? | 你觉得突然改善的原因是什么 |
[41:30] | Well, I got to admit — you were right. | 我承认 你说得对 |
[41:33] | How so? | 为什么 |
[41:35] | Well, you told me to keep plugging | 你叫我继续努力 |
[41:36] | and, uh, you know, do good work, and the clients will come. | 干好活儿 委托人不请自来 |
[41:39] | You know, I’ll — I’ll admit, | 我承认 |
[41:41] | I almost lost faith a couple times, but the worm has turned. | 我有几次差点丢失信念 但我咸鱼翻身了 |
[41:50] | So, uh, what — you’ve been getting referrals | 你公设案的委托人 |
[41:52] | from your P.D. clients? | 给你推荐客户了吗 |
[41:54] | Uh, yeah. | 没错 |
[41:55] | You know, you work hard, show you got half a brain, | 工作努力 向别人证明你脑子还不错 |
[41:58] | and people come knocking, like you said. | 人们就会像你说的那样上门 |
[42:00] | I just needed to get my face out there. | 我现在只需做好宣传 |
[42:03] | So, prosecutors, then — referring clients? | 检察官有推荐委托人吗 |
[42:06] | Yeah. Yep. Exactly. | 当然有 |
[42:10] | Was it Bergeron? | 是伯杰龙吗 |
[42:11] | When I was starting out, she sent me a couple good ones. | 我刚起步时 她把我推荐给几个好客户 |
[42:14] | Yeah, uh, it was — | 没错 其实 |
[42:17] | It was someone on her team you know? | 是她一个手下推荐的 |
[42:19] | I mean, hey, just took some elbow grease and clean living — | 肯吃苦耐劳 不要不三不四 |
[42:23] | People noticed. | 人们就会注意你 |
[42:27] | I knew you had it in you. | 我就知道你有潜力 |
[42:31] | I don’t see the journal here. | 今天的报纸呢 |
[42:34] | Right. | 对 |
[42:35] | – Here you go. – No, no, no. | -在这里 -不 不 |
[42:36] | Uh, Albuquerque Journal — it’s not here. | 《阿尔布开克日报》不见了 |
[42:40] | Oh, yeah. I didn’t see it outside. | 外面我也没看到 |
[42:43] | Wasn’t out there? | 没在外面吗 |
[42:44] | – It’s always out there. – I didn’t see it. | -总在外面啊 -我没看到 |
[42:46] | Maybe they forgot to deliver it. | 可能忘记投递了 |
[42:48] | Maybe some kids grabbed it. | 可能有小孩拿走了 |
[42:50] | Because if there’s one thing kids love, | 那个小孩肯定非常喜欢 |
[42:52] | it’s local print journalism. | 本地的报纸 |
[42:53] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道怎么说 |
[42:54] | You got a ton of reading material there. | 但你有一堆可以读的东西 |
[42:57] | Look, hey. Financial Times. | 你看 《金融时报》 |
[43:00] | You know, I know Albuquerque is a hub of global intrigue, | 我知道阿尔布开克是国际事务的中心 |
[43:04] | – but you think that’ll tide you over? – All right, fine. | -但这个应该够你读了吧 -好吧 行 |
[43:06] | But if it’s not here tomorrow, | 但如果明天还没有 |
[43:07] | I’m gonna need you to call the subscription office for me. | 你得帮我打给订阅办公室 |
[43:09] | Yeah, will do. Look, I got to go. | 行 我会的 我得走了 |
[43:12] | I don’t want to be late. | 我不想迟到 |
[43:13] | Hey, good luck today! | 祝你好运 |
[43:15] | – Thanks. – Keep it up. | -谢谢 -加油干 |
[43:17] | Hard work looks good on you. | 你努力工作的样子很棒 |
[45:46] | 本地律师 本地英雄 爬上20米高空救下广告牌工人 |