英文名称:BBC Shakespeare Lives King Lear
年代:2016
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | 威廉·莎士比亚 李尔王 | |
[00:25] | I thought the King had more affected | 我以为国王对奥本尼 |
[00:26] | the Duke of Albany than Cornwall. | 比对康华尔更宠爱些 |
[00:28] | It always seemed so to us, | 我们也一直这么认为 |
[00:30] | but now, in the division of the kingdom, | 可是这次国土划分之际 |
[00:31] | it appears not which of the dukes he values most. | 倒看不出他更偏爱哪位公爵了 |
[00:34] | Is not this your son, my lord? | 这不是你儿子吗 大人 |
[00:37] | His breeding, sir, hath been at my charge. | 他确实是我生的 |
[00:40] | I have so often blushed to acknowledge him | 我常常羞于承认他 |
[00:42] | that now I am brazed to it. | 但现在我却恬不知惭了 |
[00:44] | I cannot conceive you. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[00:46] | Sir, this young fellow’s mother could. | 先生 这孩子的母亲明白 |
[00:48] | Whereupon she grew round-wombed, and had, indeed, sir, | 因为她没嫁人的时候 |
[00:51] | a son for her cradle ere she had a husband for her bed. | 就肚子大了并生下了儿子 |
[00:55] | Do you smell a fault? | 你觉得这样对吗 |
[00:56] | I cannot wish the fault undone, the issue of it being so proper. | 生的儿子这么好 我倒不能说这是错了 |
[00:59] | But I have a son, sir, by order of law, | 但我有个嫡出的儿子 先生 |
[01:02] | who yet is no dearer in my account. | 但我却不喜欢他 |
[01:05] | Though this knave came | 虽然没等我的召唤 |
[01:06] | something saucily to the world before he was sent for, | 这孩子就鲁莽地来到这个世界 |
[01:09] | yet was his mother fair, | 但他母亲是个美人 |
[01:11] | there was good sport at his making. | 生他之前 我着实享受了一番 |
[01:14] | And the whoreson must be acknowledged. | 因此这私生子我不得不承认 |
[01:16] | Do you know this noble gentleman, Edmund? | 这位贵人你认识吗 爱德蒙 |
[01:18] | No, my lord. | 不认识 父亲 |
[01:19] | My lord of Kent, remember him hereafter as my honourable friend. | 肯特伯爵 记住他是我的挚友 |
[01:23] | My services to your lordship. | 愿为您效劳 |
[01:25] | I must love you, and sue to know you better. | 我喜欢你 希望以后多了解 |
[01:27] | Sir, I shall study deserving. | 大人 我努力不辜负你的垂爱 |
[01:29] | He has been out nine years, and away he shall again. | 他在国外待了九年 并且还要再去呢 |
[01:33] | The King is coming. | 国王来了 |
[02:12] | Attend the lords of France and Burgundy, Gloucester. | 有请法兰西国王和勃艮第公爵 葛罗斯特 |
[02:17] | I shall, my lord. | 遵命 陛下 |
[02:24] | Meantime, we shall express our darker purpose. | 现在 我要把心里的想法说一下 |
[02:29] | Give me the map there. | 把地图拿上来 |
[02:44] | Know that we have divided in three our kingdom. | 你们知道我已将国土一分为三 |
[02:49] | And ’tis our fast intent to shake all cares and business from our age, | 我岁数大了 决意摆脱一切公务 |
[02:56] | conferring them on younger strengths, | 将责任交给年轻人 |
[02:59] | while we unburdened crawl toward death. | 我也好从容迈向死亡 |
[03:06] | Our son of Cornwall, | 康华尔 |
[03:08] | and you, our no less loving son of Albany, | 还有你奥本尼 我两位贤婿 |
[03:12] | we have this hour a constant will | 我决定现在 |
[03:15] | to publish our daughters’ several dowers, | 将女儿们的嫁妆分好 |
[03:19] | that future strife may be prevented now. | 免得将来发生争执 |
[03:23] | The two great princes, France and Burgundy, | 法兰西和勃艮第两位亲王 |
[03:28] | great rivals in our youngest daughter’s love, | 争着要获得我小女儿的爱意 |
[03:31] | long in our court have made their amorous sojourn, | 到宫里求婚也有些时候了 |
[03:36] | and here are to be answered. | 现在该作出决定了 |
[03:41] | Tell me, my daughters, | 告诉我 女儿们 |
[03:44] | since now we will divest us both of rule, | 我现在要放弃统治 |
[03:47] | interest of territory, cares of state. | 领土 以及国事重任 |
[03:51] | Which of you shall we say doth love us most, | 你们当中谁最爱我 |
[03:56] | that we our largest bounty may extend | 谁的爱意最笃定 |
[04:00] | where nature doth with merit challenge? | 我便给予最多的赏赐 |
[04:05] | Goneril, our eldest-born, speak first. | 高纳里尔 我的大女儿 你先说 |
[04:11] | Sir, I do love you more than word can wield the matter, | 父王 我对您的爱意 可不是言语能表达 |
[04:17] | dearer than eyesight, space and liberty, | 我爱您胜过这双眼睛 全世界 甚至自由 |
[04:21] | beyond what can be valued, rich or rare, | 比一切的贵重稀有之物都珍贵 |
[04:26] | no less than life, with grace, health, beauty, honour! | 比拥有美健尊荣的生命更加可贵 |
[04:31] | As much as child e’er loved, or father found, | 尽人子所能爱的 人父所能享受的一般多 |
[04:36] | a love that makes breath poor and speech unable, | 我的爱让言辞都显得薄弱无力 |
[04:41] | beyond all manner of so much I love you. | 我爱您胜于上述的一切 |
[04:49] | Of all these bounds, | 在这些疆界之内 |
[04:52] | even from this line to this, | 由这边到那边 |
[04:56] | with shadowy forests and with champaigns riched, | 成荫的森林 肥沃的原野 |
[05:00] | with plenteous rivers and wide-skirted meads, | 丰富的河流 广阔的牧场 |
[05:03] | we make thee lady. | 都奉你为女主人 |
[05:06] | To thine and Albany’s issues | 由你和奥本尼的后裔 |
[05:09] | be this perpetual. | 永远继承 |
[05:14] | What says our second daughter, | 我的二女儿呢 |
[05:17] | our dearest Regan, wife to Cornwall? Speak. | 最亲爱的芮根 康华尔的妻子 你说吧 |
[05:22] | Sir, I am made of that self mettle as my sister, | 父亲 我和姐姐是一样的 |
[05:26] | and prize me at her worth. | 您凭她就能判断我 |
[05:28] | In my true heart I find she names my very deed of love, | 她已将我内心的爱意形容得十分确切 |
[05:33] | only… she comes too short, | 只是还不充分 |
[05:37] | that I profess myself an enemy to all other joys | 最敏锐的感官所能感受到的快乐 |
[05:40] | which the most precious square of sense possesses, | 我都一概加以敌视 |
[05:43] | and find I am alone felicitate | 我只有在您的宠爱中 |
[05:46] | in your dear highness’ love. | 感到幸福 |
[05:49] | To thee and thine hereditary ever | 我美丽的国土中 |
[05:52] | remain this ample third of our fair kingdom, | 有广阔的三分之一是永远属于你的 |
[05:57] | no less in space, validity and pleasure | 同样广阔 同样富庶美好 |
[06:01] | than that conferred on Goneril. | 不亚于高纳里尔的土地 |
[06:07] | But now, our joy, | 现在 我的宝贝 |
[06:12] | although the last and least, | 最后一位 也是最年幼的 |
[06:14] | to whose young love the vines of France and the milk of Burgundy | 法兰西的葡萄和勃艮第的牛奶 |
[06:21] | strive to be interessed, | 都在争夺你的爱情 |
[06:25] | What can you say | 你有什么要说的 |
[06:26] | to draw a third more opulent than your sisters? | 可以赢得比你姐姐们更丰饶的领土 |
[06:32] | Speak. | 说吧 |
[06:38] | Nothing, my lord. | 我无话可说 父王 |
[06:47] | Nothing? | 没有 |
[06:49] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[06:51] | How? Nothing will come of nothing. | 怎会这样 无话可说也没有赏赐 |
[06:56] | Speak again. | 重说 |
[06:56] | Unhappy that I am, I cannot heave my heart into my mouth. | 很可惜 我无法把真心话说出口 |
[07:01] | I love your majesty | 我爱您 |
[07:02] | according to my bond, no more, no less. | 基于为人子女的义务 不多不少 |
[07:05] | How? How, Cordelia? | 怎么回事 科迪莉亚 |
[07:10] | Mend your speech a little, | 注意你的言辞 |
[07:12] | lest you may mar your fortunes. | 不然你就得不到财产 |
[07:13] | Good, my lord, | 好的 父王 |
[07:15] | You have begot me, bred me, loved me. | 您生我 养我 爱我 |
[07:18] | I return those duties back as are right fit, | 我也理所应当尽义务回报 |
[07:21] | obey you, love you and most honour you. | 服从您 爱护您 尊敬您 |
[07:24] | Why have my sisters’ husbands, | 既然姐姐们说只爱您一个 |
[07:26] | if they say they love you all? | 她们为何要嫁人呢 |
[07:28] | Happily when I shall wed, | 我出嫁之时 |
[07:29] | that lord whose hand must take my plight | 和我盟誓恩爱的丈夫 |
[07:31] | shall carry half my love with him, half my care and duty. | 就要分去我一半的爱意 一半的眷恋与义务 |
[07:36] | Sure, I shall never marry like my sisters | 假如我只爱父亲一人 |
[07:39] | to love my father all. | 我就不会像姐姐那样嫁人了 |
[07:41] | But goes thy heart with this? | 你这都是真心话 |
[07:43] | Ay, my good lord. | 是的 父王 |
[07:46] | So young and so untender? | 年纪这么小就这么狠心 |
[07:49] | So young, my lord, and true. | 我是年纪小 但很真实 |
[07:53] | Well, let it be so. | 既然如此 |
[07:54] | Thy truth then be thy dower, | 就让真实做你的嫁妆吧 |
[07:57] | for by the sacred radiance of the sun, | 凭着太阳神圣的光辉 |
[08:00] | the mysteries of Hecate and the night, | 司夜和冥界女神的奥秘 |
[08:02] | by all the operation of the orbs | 凭着主宰人类生死的 |
[08:04] | from whom we do exist and cease to be, | 星球的运行 |
[08:07] | here I disclaim all my paternal care, | 我发誓从此断绝对你的父爱 |
[08:10] | propinquity and property of blood, | 亲情和血缘关系 |
[08:13] | and as a stranger to my heart and me | 从此你对我来说 |
[08:15] | hold thee from this for ever. | 永远都是陌生人 |
[08:17] | Good, my liege… | 陛下 |
[08:17] | Peace, Kent! | 闭嘴 肯特 |
[08:21] | Come not between the dragon and his wrath! | 不要去碰怒龙的逆鳞 |
[08:24] | I loved her most, and thought to set my rest on her kind nursery. | 我本最爱她 想靠她颐养天年 |
[08:29] | Hence, and avoid my sight! | 滚 别让我看见你 |
[08:33] | So be my grave my peace, | 既然你我现在没有关系了 |
[08:36] | as here I give her father’s heart from her! | 就让坟墓做我的安息之所吧 |
[08:40] | Call France. Who stirs? Call Burgundy. | 传法兰西国王来 来人 传勃艮第公爵 |
[08:46] | Cornwall and Albany, | 康华尔 奥本尼 |
[08:48] | with my two daughters’ dowers, digest this third. | 除了我两位女儿的嫁妆 这三分之一也给你们 |
[08:52] | Let pride, which she calls plainness, marry her. | 让她嫁给傲慢 和她所谓的真实吧 |
[09:02] | I do invest you jointly with my power, | 我把权力 地位 |
[09:06] | pre-eminence and all the large effects that troop with majesty. | 以及君主的尊荣一并给了你们两人 |
[09:10] | Ourself by monthly course, | 至于我自己 |
[09:12] | with reservation of an hundred knights | 我只留一百名侍卫 |
[09:14] | by you to be sustained, | 由你们供养 |
[09:16] | shall our abode make with you by due turn, | 按月轮流去跟你们住 |
[09:20] | only we shall retain the name, | 我只留下国王的名号 |
[09:22] | and all the addition to a king, | 和一切虚衔 |
[09:24] | the sway, revenue, execution of the rest, | 至于政权 税收 和生杀大权 |
[09:27] | beloved sons, be yours, | 都由两位贤婿掌管 |
[09:29] | which to confirm, this coronet part between you. | 为了证实此话 这顶王冠给你俩分享 |
[09:32] | Royal Lear, whom I have ever honoured as my king, | 陛下 我一向敬您为我的君主 |
[09:35] | loved as my father, as my master followed, | 如父亲般爱您 如主上般尊您 |
[09:37] | as my great patron thought on in my prayers… | 在祈祷时将您奉做恩人 |
[09:39] | The bow is bent and drawn, make from the shaft. | 弓已经引满待发 留心躲开箭锋吧 |
[09:42] | Let it fall rather, | 让箭射下来吧 |
[09:45] | though the fork invade the region of my heart, | 哪怕正中我的心脏 |
[09:47] | be Kent unmannerly when Lear is mad! | 李尔发狂 肯特也只能无礼了 |
[09:53] | What wouldst thou do, old man? | 你想要怎么样 老头子 |
[09:55] | Think’st thou that duty shall have dread to speak, | 你以为当权者听信阿谀之时 |
[09:57] | when power to flattery bows? | 正直臣子就不敢诤谏了吗 |
[10:00] | To plainness honour’s bound | 君王昏聩时 |
[10:02] | when majesty stoops to folly. | 臣子更该直谏 |
[10:05] | Reverse thy state, | 保留你的王位吧 |
[10:07] | And in thy best consideration check this hideous rashness. | 请您三思 收回这草率的成命 |
[10:11] | Answer my life, my judgement, | 我冒死直陈 |
[10:13] | thy youngest daughter does not love thee least, | 你的小女儿并非最不爱你 |
[10:16] | nor are those empty-hearted, | 没有口若悬河 |
[10:18] | whose low sounds reverb no hollowness. | 并非无情无义 |
[10:20] | Kent, on thy life, no more. | 肯特 想活命就闭嘴 |
[10:23] | My life I never held but as a pawn | 我本就是一颗卒子 |
[10:25] | to wage against thine enemies, | 是用来替你挡敌人的 |
[10:27] | ne’er fear to lose it, thy safety being the motive. | 为了你的安全 我不害怕丧命 |
[10:30] | Out of my sight! | 滚 别让我见到你 |
[10:31] | See better, Lear, | 擦亮眼睛 李尔 |
[10:33] | and let me still remain the true blank of thine eye. | 还是让我留在你的面前吧 |
[10:35] | Now by Apollo… | 阿波罗在上 |
[10:36] | Now by Apollo, King, | 阿波罗在上 陛下 |
[10:37] | thou swear’st thy gods in vain! | 你赌咒也没用 |
[10:41] | O vassal! Miscreant! | 可恶的奴才 |
[10:44] | – Dear sir… – Forbear! | -陛下 -请息怒 |
[10:46] | Do, kill thy physician, | 杀吧 杀了你的医生 |
[10:48] | and thy fee bestow upon the foul disease. | 让你的恶疾一天比一天严重 |
[10:52] | Revoke thy gift, | 收回你的成命吧 |
[10:54] | or whilst I can vent clamour from my throat | 否则 但凡我还有一口气 |
[10:56] | I’ll tell thee thou dost evil. | 我也要告诉你 你是错的 |
[11:12] | Hear me, recreant, | 听着 逆贼 |
[11:17] | on thine allegiance, hear me – | 如果你还是臣子 你就听着 |
[11:22] | that thou hast sought to make us break our vows, | 我的旨意不容更改 |
[11:25] | which we durst never yet, and with strained pride | 你凭着跋扈想要我反悔 |
[11:29] | to come betwixt our sentencing and our power, | 对我的命令和权力妄加干预 |
[11:32] | which nor our nature, nor our place can bear, | 使我忍无可忍 |
[11:36] | our potency made good, take thy reward. | 为了王命的尊严 不得不处置你 |
[11:40] | Five days we do allot thee for provision, | 给你五天时间打点衣食 |
[11:42] | to shield thee from disasters of the world, | 以免挨饿受冻 |
[11:44] | and on the sixth to turn thy hated back upon our kingdom. | 第六天 面目可憎如你要离开我的王国 |
[11:48] | If on the next day following | 若是之后 |
[11:50] | thy banished trunk is found in our dominions… | 仍在我们的领土看到你的踪迹 |
[11:54] | the moment is thy death. | 就将你当场处死 |
[11:56] | Away! | 走 |
[11:58] | By Jupiter, this shall not be revoked. | 朱庇特神在上 这一旨意不得更改 |
[12:02] | Why, fare thee well, King, since thus thou wilt appear, | 永别了 陛下 既然如此 |
[12:08] | freedom lives hence and banishment is here. | 这里已无自由 我留下也与囚徒无异 |
[12:15] | The gods to their dear shelter take thee, maid, | 姑娘 你心术纯正 说话真诚 |
[12:17] | that justly think’st and hast most rightly said. | 自有神明为你庇护 |
[12:23] | And your large speeches may your deeds approve, | 愿你们用行动证明自己夸下的海口 |
[12:27] | that good effects may spring from words of love. | 甜言蜜语结出爱的果实 |
[12:33] | Thus Kent, O princes, bids you all adieu – | 各位王子 肯特就此告辞 |
[12:38] | he’ll shape his old course in a country new. | 到新的国土走他的旧路 |
[12:45] | Here’s France and Burgundy, my noble lord. | 陛下 法兰西王和勃艮第公爵来了 |
[12:54] | My lord of Burgundy, | 勃艮第公爵 |
[12:56] | we first address toward you, | 我先问你 |
[12:58] | who with this king hath rivalled for our daughter. | 你和这位国王都来向我的女儿求婚 |
[13:02] | What in the least will you require in present dower with her, | 你希望她有多少陪嫁 |
[13:06] | or cease your quest of love? | 否则便放弃向她求婚 |
[13:07] | Most royal majesty, | 尊敬的陛下 |
[13:09] | I crave no more than hath your highness offered. | 照着您承诺的数目 我就满足了 |
[13:13] | Nor will you tender less? | 想来陛下也不会吝惜少给吧 |
[13:14] | Right noble Burgundy, | 勃艮第公爵 |
[13:16] | when she was dear to us, we did hold her so, | 她被我宠爱的时候 我把她捧在掌心 |
[13:20] | but now her price is fallen. | 但她的身价一落千丈了 |
[13:23] | Sir, there she stands – | 公爵 她就站在那儿 |
[13:25] | If aught within that little seeming substance, | 卑微渺小 我什么都不给她 |
[13:28] | or all of it, with our displeasure pieced, | 除了我的厌恶憎恨 |
[13:31] | and nothing more, may fitly like your grace, | 如果你仍然觉得喜欢她 |
[13:33] | she’s there, and she is yours. | 她就在那儿 直接领走就好 |
[13:34] | I know no answer. | 我不知该如何回答 |
[13:36] | Sir, will you, with those infirmities she owes, | 她有许多的缺陷 |
[13:41] | unfriended, new adopted to our hate, | 没有亲友的照顾 又遭到我的憎恨 |
[13:44] | dowered with our curse and strangered with our oath, | 我以诅咒作她的嫁妆 与她断绝了关系 |
[13:47] | take her or leave her? | 你究竟是要她还是不要 |
[13:48] | Pardon me, royal sir – | 陛下 请原谅 |
[13:49] | election makes not up on such conditions. | 这种情形之下 我很难取舍 |
[13:52] | Then leave her, sir! | 那不要她就是了 |
[13:58] | For, by the power that made me, | 上帝在上 |
[14:00] | I tell you all her wealth. | 你已经知道她所拥有的全部 |
[14:03] | For you, great king, | 至于您 伟大的国王 |
[14:05] | I would not from your love make such a stray, | 我不愿辜负你的厚爱 |
[14:08] | to match you where I hate, therefore beseech you | 把一个我所憎恶的人嫁给你为妻 |
[14:12] | to avert your liking a more worthier way | 恳请您还是把这个贱人丢开 |
[14:14] | than on a wretch whom nature is ashamed | 另寻佳偶去吧 作为父亲 |
[14:17] | almost to acknowledge hers. | 我都羞于承认她是我的骨肉 |
[14:18] | This is most strange, | 这太奇怪了 |
[14:21] | that she who even but now was your best object, | 刚才她还是你眼中的珍宝 |
[14:25] | the argument of your praise, balm of your age, | 你赞美的对象 老年的安慰 |
[14:29] | the best, the dearest, should in this trice of time | 最好最爱的女儿 怎么一转眼 |
[14:33] | commit a thing so monstrous, | 就犯下了不知什么大错 |
[14:35] | to dismantle so many folds of favour. | 失去了深恩厚爱 |
[14:38] | Sure, her offence must be of such unnatural degree that | 她犯下的错肯定是伤天害理 |
[14:41] | monsters it, or your fore-vouched affection fallen into taint – | 才让你之前的宠爱起了变化 |
[14:47] | which to believe of her | 除非是发生奇迹 |
[14:48] | must be a faith that reason without miracle | 不然我的理性绝不能使我相信 |
[14:50] | should never plant in me. | 她真犯下这样的错 |
[14:52] | I yet beseech Your Majesty, | 我仍恳求陛下 |
[14:54] | if for I want that glib and oily art | 恳求陛下宣布此事的原委 |
[14:58] | to speak and purpose not – | 我只是不会花言巧语 |
[15:00] | since what I well intend, I’ll do it before I speak – | 我有心要做的事 我必先言后行 |
[15:03] | that you make known it is no vicious blot, murder, or foulness, | 我没有污点秽行 没有杀人放火 |
[15:07] | nor unchaste action or dishonoured step, | 更没有不贞 也没有失足 |
[15:10] | that hath deprived me of your grace and favour, | 我之所以失了您的宠爱 |
[15:13] | but even for want of that for which I am richer, | 不过是因为我不会 |
[15:18] | a still-soliciting eye and such a tongue | 双眼献媚或巧舌如簧 |
[15:20] | that I am glad I have not – | 我很庆幸我没有这些东西 |
[15:24] | though not to have it hath lost me in your liking. | 虽然这使我失去了您的宠爱 |
[15:26] | Go to, go to. | 去去 |
[15:29] | Better thou hadst not been born | 你如此地不讨我喜欢 |
[15:31] | than not to have pleased me better. | 还不如当初没有生你 |
[15:33] | Is it no more but this? | 原来不过如此么 |
[15:36] | A tardiness in nature, | 不过是天性 |
[15:38] | which often leaves the history unspoke that it intends to do? | 心里想做而没有表达出来 |
[15:42] | My Lord of Burgundy, what say you to the lady? | 勃艮第公爵 你怎么看待这位小姐 |
[15:46] | Love’s not love | 爱情若牵涉到 |
[15:47] | when it is mingled with regards | 本身以外的各种顾虑 |
[15:49] | that stand aloof from the entire point. | 便不是真爱情了 |
[15:51] | Will you have her? She is herself a dowry. | 你愿意娶她吗 她的自身即是妆奁 |
[15:54] | Royal King, | 尊敬的陛下 |
[15:55] | give but that portion which yourself proposed, | 只要你陪送你承诺的嫁妆 |
[15:58] | and here I take Cordelia by the hand, Duchess of Burgundy. | 我现在就与考狄利娅成婚 使她做我的公爵夫人 |
[16:01] | Nothing. | 什么都不给 |
[16:04] | I have sworn, I am firm. | 我发过誓 我绝不动摇 |
[16:07] | I am sorry, then, you have so lost a father | 那么 我很抱歉 你已这样失去了一个父亲 |
[16:10] | that you must lose a husband. | 你还得错过一个丈夫 |
[16:12] | Peace be with Burgundy. | 放心吧 勃艮第 |
[16:14] | Since that respects and fortune are his love, | 既然你如此喜爱财产和权力 |
[16:16] | I shall not be his wife. | 我也不愿做你的妻子 |
[16:18] | Fairest Cordelia, that art most rich being poor, | 美丽的考狄利娅 你看似贫穷实则富有 |
[16:23] | most choice forsaken and most loved despised, | 你被人抛弃 实则最为宝贵 |
[16:27] | thee and thy virtues here I seize upon, | 你遭人轻视 却为我所最爱 |
[16:30] | be it lawful I take up what’s cast away. | 人弃我取又有何不可 |
[16:34] | Thy dowerless daughter, King, thrown to my chance, | 陛下 这正好成全了我的良缘 |
[16:36] | is queen of us, of ours and our fair France. | 您没有妆奁的女儿既属我有 便是我法兰西的皇后 |
[16:41] | Not all the dukes of waterish Burgundy | 肥沃之邦勃艮第所有的公爵 |
[16:44] | can buy this unprized, precious maid of me. | 都不能从我手里将这无价的姑娘买去 |
[16:47] | Bid them farewell, Cordelia, | 考狄利娅 和他们告别吧 |
[16:49] | though unkind, | 虽然他们这般冷酷无情 |
[16:50] | thou losest here, a better where to find. | 你抛弃了故国 却会得到一个更好的家乡 |
[16:52] | Thou hast her, France – let her be thine, | 那法兰西王 你把她带走吧 |
[16:55] | for we have no such daughter, | 我没有这样的女儿 |
[16:58] | nor will ever see that face of hers again. | 也不想再看见她了 |
[17:01] | Therefore, be gone, | 所以 去吧 |
[17:02] | without our grace, our love, our benison. | 也别想得到我的恩宠和祝福 |
[17:06] | Come, noble Burgundy. | 来 尊贵的勃艮第公爵 |
[17:13] | Bid farewell to your sisters. | 和你两位姐姐告别吧 |
[17:19] | The jewels of our father, | 父亲的两位宝贝 |
[17:23] | with washed eyes Cordelia leaves you. | 考狄利娅含泪向你们告别了 |
[17:26] | I know you what you are, | 我知道你们是什么样的人 |
[17:27] | and like a sister I am most loath to call | 但碍着姐妹的情分 |
[17:30] | your faults as they are named. | 我不愿指出你们的错误 |
[17:33] | Love well our father! | 好好对待父亲 |
[17:35] | To your professed bosom I commit him, | 你们说了要照顾他 我把他托付给你们 |
[17:37] | but yet, alas, stood I within his grace, | 但若我还得他的宠爱 |
[17:40] | I would prefer him to a better place. | 我会给他更好的晚年 |
[17:42] | Farewell to you both. | 再见了 二位 |
[17:43] | Prescribe not us our duty. | 我们用不着你来教训 |
[17:45] | Let your study be to content your lord, | 你小心服侍你丈夫去吧 |
[17:48] | who hath received you at fortune’s alms. | 他是因为怜悯才娶你的 |
[17:51] | You have obedience scanted, | 你不懂孝顺服从 |
[17:52] | and well are worth the want that you have wanted. | 活该讨了这一场冷落无趣 |
[17:56] | Time shall unfold what plighted cunning hides, | 你们的奸诈邪恶迟早会被揭穿的 |
[17:59] | who covert faults at last with shame derides. | 罪恶可以掩饰一时 但最后免不了出乖露丑 |
[18:02] | Well may you prosper. | 但愿你们成功 |
[18:04] | Come, my fair Cordelia. | 来 我美丽的考狄利娅 |
[18:08] | Sister, it is not a little I have to say of what most nearly | 妹妹 我有许多与我们两个切身相关的话 |
[18:11] | appertains to us both. | 要和你说 |
[18:13] | I think our father will hence tonight. | 我想我们父亲今晚就要走了 |
[18:15] | That’s most certain, | 那是一定的 |
[18:16] | and with you, next month with us. | 他要去你们那里住 下个月则同我们住 |
[18:18] | You see how full of changes his age is. | 你看他年老了变得多么喜怒无常啊 |
[18:21] | He always loved our sister most; | 他一向最爱我们的妹妹 |
[18:23] | and with what poor judgement | 现在他毫无道理地 |
[18:25] | he hath now cast her off appears too grossly. | 把她抛弃就足以证明了 |
[18:29] | ‘Tis the infirmity of his age; | 这正是他年老糊涂的地方 |
[18:31] | yet he hath ever but slenderly known himself. | 不过他一向不大清醒 |
[18:33] | The best and soundest of his time hath been but rash; | 他年轻时也是鲁莽冲动的 |
[18:37] | then, must we look to receive from his years; | 现在他上了年纪 |
[18:39] | not alone the imperfections of long-engrafted condition, | 我们不仅要忍受他长年累月的坏性子 |
[18:42] | but, therewithal the unruly waywardness | 还要忍受那随着年纪增长 |
[18:45] | that infirm and choleric years bring with them. | 愈演愈烈的喜怒无常的暴脾气 |
[18:48] | Such unconstant starts are we like to have from him | 我们也免不了要遭受他的无理取闹 |
[18:50] | as this of Kent’s banishment. | 就像刚刚肯特被逐那样 |
[18:52] | Pray you, let us hit together: | 我们合作吧 |
[18:54] | if our father carry authority with such disposition as he bears, | 假如父亲还按平常的性子作威作福 |
[18:58] | this last surrender of his will but offend us. | 那他退位对我们都没有好处 |
[19:01] | We shall further think of it. | 这个我们从长计议 |
[19:02] | We must do something, and in the heat. | 我们得赶紧想想办法 打铁要趁热 |
[19:13] | Thou, Nature, art my goddess; | 大自然 你才是我的神明 |
[19:17] | to thy law my services are bound. | 我只愿尊从你的律法 |
[19:20] | Wherefore should I stand | 为什么我要忍受 |
[19:23] | in the plague of custom, | 世俗的排挤 |
[19:25] | and permit the curiosity of nations to deprive me, | 让世人的歧视剥夺我应享的权利 |
[19:30] | for that I am some 12 or 14 moonshines | 只因为我比我的哥哥晚出生一年 |
[19:34] | lag of a brother? | 或十四个月 |
[19:36] | Why bastard? | 为什么叫我私生子 |
[19:39] | Wherefore base? | 我凭什么低人一等 |
[19:42] | When my dimensions are as well compact, | 我也体格强健 |
[19:45] | my mind as generous, and my shape as true | 也胸襟宽敞 容貌端正 |
[19:48] | as honest madam’s issue? | 哪一点比不上正经女人生下的儿子 |
[19:52] | Why brand they us with base? | 为什么他们要给我加上庶出 |
[19:56] | With baseness, bastardy? | 贱种 私生子的恶名 |
[20:00] | Base, base?! | 贱种 贱种 |
[20:03] | Who in the lusty stealth of nature | 难道在热烈而兴奋的奸情里 |
[20:08] | take more composition and fierce quality | 得天地精华父母元气生下的孩子 |
[20:11] | than doth within a dull, stale, tired bed, | 比不上拥着一个索然无味的老婆 |
[20:16] | go to the creating a whole tribe of fops, | 在半睡半醒之间制造出来的 |
[20:21] | got ‘tween a sleep and wake? | 那帮蠢货 |
[20:25] | Well then, | 好吧 |
[20:27] | Legitimate Edgar, I must have your land. | 嫡出的爱德加 我一定要得到你的产业 |
[20:33] | Our father’s love is to the bastard Edmund | 我们的父亲对私生子爱德蒙的爱 |
[20:36] | as to the legitimate. | 并不比对嫡子的爱少 |
[20:39] | Fine word, “Legitimate”! | “嫡子” 多好听的名词 |
[20:44] | Well, my legitimate, if this letter speed, | 我嫡生的哥哥 要是这封信成功 |
[20:49] | and my invention thrive, | 我的计划顺利 |
[20:51] | Edmund the base shall top the legitimate! | 庶出的爱德蒙就将压倒嫡子 |
[20:55] | I grow, I prosper. | 我将扬眉吐气 |
[21:00] | Now, gods, stand up for bastards! | 上帝啊 帮帮私生子吧 |
[21:04] | Kent banished thus! And France in choler parted! | 肯特被逐 法兰西王盛怒而去 |
[21:08] | And the King gone tonight! | 国王今晚启程 |
[21:10] | All this done upon the gad! | 这些事竟都如此仓促 |
[21:14] | Edmund, how now, what news? | 爱德蒙 怎么 有什么消息 |
[21:15] | So please your lordship, none. | 启禀父亲 没有什么 |
[21:19] | Why so earnestly seek you to put up that letter? | 为什么急急忙忙地把信收起来 |
[21:22] | I know no news, my lord. | 没有的事 |
[21:24] | What paper were you reading? | 你在看什么 |
[21:26] | Nothing, my lord. | 真的没什么 |
[21:28] | No? What needed then | 没有 那你何必 |
[21:30] | that terrible dispatch of it into your pocket? | 慌慌张张地把它藏进口袋里 |
[21:34] | The quality of nothing hath no such need to hide itself. | 既然没有什么 何必藏起来 |
[21:37] | Let’s see, come. | 来 给我看看 |
[21:39] | If it be nothing, I shall not need spectacles. | 要是真没有什么 我眼镜都不用戴 |
[21:43] | I beseech you, sir, pardon me. | 父亲 请您见谅 |
[21:45] | It is a letter from my brother that I have not all o’erread, | 这是哥哥写给我的一封信 我还没读完 |
[21:49] | and for so much as I have perused, | 就我已经看到的来说 |
[21:52] | I find it not fit for your o’er-looking. | 我想还是不要让您看到的好 |
[21:54] | Give me the letter, sir. | 把信给我 |
[21:55] | I shall offend, either to detain or give it. | 不给您看您要恼我 给您看了也要动怒 |
[21:58] | The contents, as in part I understand them, are to blame. | 哥哥信里写的实在不太合适 |
[22:02] | Let’s see, let’s see. | 给我看 给我看 |
[22:05] | I hope, for my brother’s justification, | 但愿 哥哥写这封信有他的理由 |
[22:07] | he wrote this but as an essay or taste of my virtue. | 他不过是为了考验我的品行 |
[22:12] | “This policy and reverence of age | “这种尊重老年人的风尚 |
[22:13] | makes the world bitter to the best of our times; | 使我们年轻时不能享受生命的欢乐 |
[22:16] | keeps our fortunes from us | 不能享受财产的挥霍 |
[22:18] | till our oldness cannot relish them. | 等到年纪大了有了钱也无处挥霍 |
[22:21] | I begin to find an idle and fond bondage in the oppression | 我逐渐感觉到一种荒谬愚蠢的束缚 |
[22:24] | of aged tyranny, | 来自老年人的专制 |
[22:24] | who sways, not as it hath power, | 他们支配一切 并非是他们有权力 |
[22:27] | but as it is suffered. | 而是我们自己纵容他们的压迫 |
[22:28] | Come to me, that of this I may speak more. | 来跟我好好讨论下这个问题吧 |
[22:31] | If our father would sleep till I waked him, | 如果我们的父亲长眠不醒 |
[22:35] | you should enjoy half his revenue for ever, | 你就可以永远享受他一半的收入 |
[22:38] | and live the beloved of your brother, Edgar.” | 并将为你的哥哥所喜爱 爱德加” |
[22:45] | Conspiracy! | 阴谋 |
[22:52] | “Sleep till I waked him, | “如果我们的父亲长眠不醒 |
[22:54] | you should enjoy half his revenue.” | 你就可以永远享受他一半的收入” |
[22:58] | My son Edgar? Had he a hand to write this? | 我的儿子爱德加 这能是他写的吗 |
[23:02] | A heart and brain to breed it in? | 能有这样的坏心肠吗 |
[23:07] | When came you to this? Who brought it? | 你什么时候收到这封信的 谁送来的 |
[23:09] | It was not brought me, my lord, there’s the cunning of it. | 这不是送来的 这正是他狡猾的地方 |
[23:12] | I found it thrown in at the casement of my closet. | 这封信塞在我房间的窗眼里 |
[23:15] | You know the character to be your brother’s? | 你确定这是你哥哥的字迹吗 |
[23:16] | If the matter were good, | 如果内容写的都是好话 |
[23:17] | I durst swear it were his; | 我敢发誓这就是他的字迹 |
[23:19] | but, in respect of that, I would fain think it were not. | 然而就其内容 我但愿这不是他写的 |
[23:22] | – It is his? – It is his hand, my lord. | -这是他的字迹吗 -的确出自他手 |
[23:26] | But I hope his heart is not in the contents. | 但是我希望他心里并不是这么想的 |
[23:28] | Hath he never before sounded you in this business? | 他以前也这样试探过你吗 |
[23:30] | Never, my lord. | 没有 父亲 |
[23:31] | But I have heard him oft maintain it to be fit that, | 可是我常常听见他说 |
[23:35] | sons at perfect age, and fathers declined, | 儿子成年以后 父亲已经衰老 |
[23:39] | the father should be as ward to the son, | 父亲就应该受儿子的监护 |
[23:40] | and the son manage his revenue. | 财产应该由儿子来掌管 |
[23:44] | O villain, villain! | 混蛋 混蛋 |
[23:48] | His very opinion in the letter. | 正是他这封信想要表达的意思 |
[23:51] | Abhorred villain! | 可恶的混蛋 |
[23:52] | Unnatural, detested, brutish villain! | 不孝的 没有心肝的畜生 |
[23:55] | Worse than brutish! | 禽兽不如的东西 |
[23:56] | Go, sirrah, seek him. | 去 把他找来 |
[23:58] | I’ll apprehend him. | 我要治治他 |
[23:59] | Abominable villain! Where is he? | 可恶的混蛋 他在哪 |
[24:01] | I do not well know, my lord. | 我不知道 父亲 |
[24:04] | I dare pawn down my life for him, | 我敢拿我的性命为他担保 |
[24:06] | that he hath writ this to | 他写这封信的目的 |
[24:08] | feel my affection to your honour, | 不过是为了试探我对您的孝心罢了 |
[24:10] | and to no other pretence of danger. | 绝无其他恶意 |
[24:13] | Think you so? | 你真这样想吗 |
[24:13] | If your honour judge it meet, | 您要是认为可以的话 |
[24:16] | I shall place you where you shall hear us confer of this | 您可以在暗处听听我俩关于此事的谈话 |
[24:18] | and by an auricular assurance have your satisfaction, | 由您亲耳来听总放心得了吧 |
[24:21] | and that without any further delay than this very evening. | 事不宜迟 今晚就办 |
[24:25] | He cannot be such a monster. | 他不可能是这样一个大逆不道的畜生 |
[24:26] | Nor is not, sure. | 一定不是的 |
[24:28] | To his father, who so tenderly and entirely loves him. | 尤其是对于如此全心全意爱着他的父亲 |
[24:32] | Heaven and earth! Edmund, seek him out; | 天地良心 爱德蒙 找到他 |
[24:35] | wind me into him, I pray you, | 引他把实话说出来 |
[24:36] | frame the business after your own wisdom. | 尽管照你的意思随机应变 |
[24:38] | I will seek him out, sir, presently; | 我立刻就去找他 |
[24:40] | convey the business as I shall find means, | 设法找到真相 |
[24:41] | and acquaint you withal. | 然后马上向您禀告 |
[24:44] | These late eclipses in the sun and moon portend no good to us. | 最近的日蚀月蚀果然不是什么好兆头 |
[24:48] | Though the wisdom of Nature | 尽管人们凭借着天赋的智慧 |
[24:50] | can reason it thus and thus, | 对它们作这样那样的解释 |
[24:52] | yet nature finds itself scourged by the sequent effects. | 可是接踵而至的确实是天灾人祸 |
[24:57] | Love cools, friendship falls off, brothers divide, | 爱人陌路 友人反目 兄弟不和 |
[25:01] | and the bond cracked ‘twixt son and father. | 父子之间也要生出裂痕 |
[25:03] | This villain of mine comes under the prediction; | 我这逆子也是应验了这个兆头 |
[25:07] | there’s son against father. | 有他这样忤逆父亲的儿子 |
[25:10] | the King falls from bias of nature; | 也有像我们国王一样一反常态 |
[25:12] | there’s father against child. | 不偏袒儿女的父亲 |
[25:15] | We have seen the best of our time. | 我们最好的日子已经过去 |
[25:18] | Seek out this villain, Edmund. | 找到那个畜生 爱德蒙 |
[25:19] | It shall lose thee nothing. | 这对你不会有什么妨害的 |
[25:23] | Do it carefully. | 你只要当心点 |
[25:25] | And the noble and true-hearted Kent banished, | 忠心耿耿的肯特竟被放逐 |
[25:29] | his offence, honesty! | 他的罪名竟是因为诚实 |
[25:33] | ‘Tis strange! | 怪事 |
[25:40] | This is the excellent foppery of the world, | 人世间最糊涂的事莫过于此 |
[25:45] | that when we are sick in fortune, | 我们遭遇不幸的时候 |
[25:47] | often the surfeits of our own behaviour, | 往往是因为自己行为放荡 |
[25:51] | we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, | 我们却把灾祸怪罪给日月星辰 |
[25:55] | and the stars, as if we were villains on necessity, | 好像我们做恶人也是命中注定 |
[26:01] | fools by heavenly compulsion, | 做傻瓜也是出于上天的旨意 |
[26:04] | knaves, thieves and treachers | 做无赖 盗贼 叛徒 |
[26:06] | by spherical predominance, | 都是受到天体运动的影响 |
[26:09] | drunkards, liars and adulterers | 酗酒 造谣 奸淫 |
[26:12] | by an enforced obedience of planetary influence; | 都是有一颗什么星在那操纵所致 |
[26:17] | and all that we are evil in, | 我们无论犯什么罪 |
[26:18] | by a divine thrusting on, | 都因超自然的力量控制着 |
[26:22] | an admirable evasion of whoremaster man, | 真是绝妙的推辞 明明自己跟人家通奸 |
[26:27] | to lay his goatish disposition on the charge of a star! | 却把他的淫念都归咎到一颗星星身上 |
[26:33] | My father compounded with my mother under the dragon’s tail | 我的父亲在龙星尾梢下和我的母亲翻云覆雨 |
[26:38] | Ursa major大熊星 | |
[26:38] | and my nativity was under Ursa Major, | 我又是在大熊星底下出生 |
[26:41] | so that it follows I am lecherous and rough. | 所以我必定该是粗俗淫秽的家伙 |
[26:47] | Fut! | 我呸 |
[26:49] | I should have been that I am | 我父母幽会的时候 |
[26:52] | had the maidenliest star | 即使天上最贞洁的星在闪烁 |
[26:56] | in the firmament twinkled on my bastardizing. | 我也还是这副样子 |
[27:03] | Pat he comes, | 他来了 |
[27:05] | like the catastrophe of the old comedy. | 真是说曹操曹操到 |
[27:09] | My cue is villainous melancholy, | 我得装出一副忧郁的样子 |
[27:12] | with a sigh like Tom o’ Bedlam. | 疯子一样长吁短叹 |
[27:18] | O, these eclipses do foretell these divisions! | 这些日蚀月蚀果然预兆着人世的纷争啊 |
[27:22] | Fa, sol, la, mi. | 发 嗦 啦 咪 |
[27:25] | How now, brother Edmund, what serious contemplation are you in? | 爱德蒙 兄弟 你在想什么 |
[27:29] | I am thinking, brother, of a prediction I read this other day, | 哥哥 我在想前几天看见的一则预言 |
[27:33] | what should follow these eclipses. | 关于日食之后会发生的事 |
[27:36] | Do you busy yourself with that? | 你就是在烦这个啊 |
[27:38] | I promise you, what he writes of succeeds unhappily, | 我跟你说 他所预言的不详之事都应验了 |
[27:42] | as of the unnaturalness between the child and the parent, | 什么父子之间的情感疏离 |
[27:46] | death, dearth, dissolution of ancient amities, | 死亡 饥荒 友邦分崩离析 |
[27:50] | divisions in state, | 国家分裂 |
[27:51] | menaces and maledictions against King and nobles, | 王室贵族受到威胁咒骂 |
[27:55] | needless diffidences, banishment of friends, | 人们胆小怕事 朋友离间 |
[27:59] | dissipation of cohorts, nuptial breaches, and I know not what. | 军队涣散 婚姻破裂 还有很多我所不知道的 |
[28:03] | How long have you been a sectary astronomical? | 你什么时候开始相信占星了 |
[28:07] | Come, come, when saw you my father last? | 算了 你上次看见父亲是什么时候 |
[28:12] | – Why, the night gone by. – Spake you with him? | -干什么 昨晚才见 -和你说话了吗 |
[28:14] | Ay, two hours together. | 嗯 谈了两个小时 |
[28:16] | Parted you in good terms? | 分别时还好吗 |
[28:18] | Found you no displeasure in him, by word nor countenance? | 我感觉你对他很有不满之情 溢于言表 |
[28:21] | None at all. | 根本没有 |
[28:23] | Bethink yourself wherein you may have offended him, | 想想自己是不是哪里得罪他了 |
[28:26] | and at my entreaty forbear his presence | 我劝你暂时避开一段时间 |
[28:30] | until some little time hath qualified | 等他平息下来再说 |
[28:33] | the heat of his displeasure, | 他这会儿正大发雷霆 |
[28:34] | which at this instant so rageth in him | 你这样会惹恼他 |
[28:39] | that with the mischief of your person it would scarcely allay. | 再加上你的人的恶作剧 简直就是火上浇油 |
[28:43] | Some villain hath done me wrong. | 有些恶人在陷害我 |
[28:44] | That’s my fear. | 我担心的就是这个 |
[28:47] | I pray you, have a continent forbearance | 我恳请你压抑住自己的情绪 |
[28:52] | till the speed of his rage goes slower, | 等着他慢慢消气 |
[28:55] | and, as I say, retire with me to my lodging, | 我建议 你到我那避避风头 |
[28:58] | from whence I will fitly bring you to hear my lord speak. | 等到时机成熟我就会带你去见父亲 |
[29:02] | Pray ye, there’s my key. | 去吧 这是钥匙 |
[29:08] | If you do stir abroad, go armed. | 如果你要出门 请带上武器 |
[29:11] | Armed, brother? | 武器 弟弟 |
[29:13] | Brother, I advise you to the best, go armed. | 哥哥 我是为你着想 带着武器 |
[29:17] | I am no honest man if there be any good meaning toward you. | 我是个诚实的人 我对你都是出于好意 |
[29:21] | I have told you what I have seen and heard | 我把我看到听到的事都告诉你了 |
[29:24] | but faintly – nothing like the image and horror of it. | 但只是轻描淡写 实际情况更可怕 |
[29:27] | Now pray you, away! | 现在我恳求你 走吧 |
[29:28] | Shall I hear from you anon? | 你会来告诉我消息吗 |
[29:30] | I do serve you in this business. | 这件事包在我身上 |
[29:40] | A credulous father and a brother noble, | 一位好骗的父亲和一位正直的哥哥 |
[29:45] | whose nature is so far from doing harms | 我的兄弟品性贤良 |
[29:49] | That he suspects none – | 自己愚蠢正直 |
[29:52] | on whose foolish honesty | 对人也就毫无戒备之心 |
[29:56] | My practices ride easy. | 致使我的阴谋轻易得逞 |
[29:59] | I see the business. | 我抓住了机遇 |
[30:01] | Let me, if not by birth, | 既然无法选择出生 |
[30:03] | have lands by wit. | 让我以智慧获得产业 |
[30:06] | All with me’s meet that I can fashion fit. | 全都在我掌控之下 |
[30:14] | Did my father strike my gentleman for chiding of his fool? | 我的侍卫因为骂了我父亲的弄臣就挨打了 |
[30:18] | Ay, madam. | 是的 夫人 |
[30:24] | By day and night he wrongs me. | 他一天到晚欺负我 |
[30:27] | Every hour | 时时刻刻 |
[30:27] | He flashes into one gross crime or other | 他都在大发雷霆 |
[30:30] | that sets us all at odds. | 搞得大家不得安宁 |
[30:32] | I’ll not endure it. | 我忍不了了 |
[30:35] | His knights grow riotous | 他的侍卫越来越放肆 |
[30:37] | and himself upbraids us on every trifle. | 而他却对我们吹毛求疵 |
[30:41] | When he returns from hunting, | 他打猎归来之时 |
[30:43] | I will not speak with him – say I am sick. | 我不会和他讲一句话 说我病了 |
[30:48] | If you come slack of former services, you shall do well. | 你也不用像之前那样尽心尽力服侍 |
[30:51] | – Oh, I don’t… – The fault of it I’ll answer. | -我没有 -有错我来担当 |
[30:55] | He’s coming, madam, I hear him. | 他来了 夫人 我听见了 |
[30:57] | Put on what weary negligence you please, | 你就一副懒懒散散的样子 |
[31:01] | You and your fellows. I’d have it come to question. | 你和你的手下 我就是要搞事情 |
[31:04] | If he distaste it, let him to our sister, | 如果他不喜欢 就让他去我妹妹家 |
[31:07] | whose mind and mine, I know in that are one, not to be overruled. | 我知道此事上她与我同心 我们不受人支配 |
[31:15] | Idle old man, | 愚蠢的老头 |
[31:16] | that still would manage those authorities | 本已送给我们的大权 |
[31:18] | that he hath given away. | 他还想握在自己手里 |
[31:21] | Now by my life | 我告诉你 |
[31:22] | old fools are babes again and must be used | 老人就和孩子一样 需要逢迎 |
[31:25] | with checks as flatteries, when they are seen abused. | 也需管教 尤其逢迎被其视为理应时 |
[31:30] | – Remember what I have said. – Very well, madam. | -记住我说的话 -好的 夫人 |
[31:33] | And let his knights have colder looks among you, | 对跟随他的侍卫你们全冷眼相待 |
[31:36] | what grows of it no matter, | 闹出事来也无所谓 |
[31:38] | advise your fellows so. | 就这样告诉你的手下 |
[31:40] | I would breed from hence occasions, | 我要借此搞出点事 |
[31:43] | and I shall, that I may speak. | 好借题发挥 |
[31:45] | I’ll write straight to my sister | 我会给我妹妹去信 |
[31:47] | to hold my very course. | 教她预备同样的手段 |
[31:49] | Go, prepare for dinner. | 去吧 准备晚餐去 |
[31:58] | If but as well I other accents borrow | 我已经乔装打扮了 |
[32:00] | that can my speech diffuse, | 只要说话时再改变口音 |
[32:02] | my good intent may carry through itself to | 那我的一番苦心 |
[32:03] | that full issue for which I razed my likeness. | 也许就能达到目的了 |
[32:08] | Now, banished Kent, | 被流放的肯特啊 |
[32:09] | if thou canst serve where thou dost stand condemned | 如果你遭受了谴责还能为主人尽忠 |
[32:12] | so may it come thy master whom thou lov’st | 那么总有一天抛弃你的主人会回头 |
[32:15] | shall find thee full of labours. | 对你重新重用 |
[32:34] | Let me not stay a jot for dinner – | 不得怠慢我用晚餐 |
[32:37] | go, get it ready. | 去 快去准备 |
[32:39] | Dinner! Dinner! Dinner! | 晚餐 晚餐 晚餐 |
[32:46] | How now, what art thou? | 怎么 你是谁 |
[32:49] | A man, sir. | 一个人 先生 |
[32:51] | What dost thou profess? What wouldst thou with us? | 你是干什么的 找我们什么事 |
[32:55] | I do profess to be no less than I seem – to serve him truly | 你看像什么我就是什么 我伺候 |
[32:58] | that will put me in trust, to love him that is honest, | 信任我的人 爱戴诚实的人 |
[33:01] | to converse with him that is wise and says little, | 喜欢和聪明且废话不多的人打交道 |
[33:04] | to fear judgment, to fight when I cannot choose | 我怕受裁判 不得已时也挺身战斗 |
[33:07] | and to eat no fish. | 而且我不吃鱼 |
[33:07] | 意为并非天主教徒 | |
[33:10] | What art thou? | 你到底是谁 |
[33:11] | A very honest-hearted fellow, and as poor as the King. | 一个正直的汉子 和国王一样穷 |
[33:13] | If thou be’st as poor for a subject as he is for a king, | 如果你这做臣民的 和国王一样穷 |
[33:17] | thou art poor enough. | 那你确实够穷了 |
[33:19] | – What wouldst thou? – Service. | -你要干什么 -效劳 |
[33:21] | Who wouldst thou serve? | 为谁效劳 |
[33:23] | You. | 您 |
[33:24] | Dost thou know me, fellow? | 你认识我吗 兄弟 |
[33:26] | No, sir, but you have that in your countenance | 不认识 先生 但是以您的面相 |
[33:29] | that I would fain call master. | 我很乐意称您为主人 |
[33:31] | What’s that? | 什么面相 |
[33:32] | Authority. | 帝王之相 |
[33:36] | What services canst thou do? | 你能为我做什么 |
[33:38] | I can keep honest counsel, ride, run, | 我能直言上谏 骑马 跑腿 |
[33:41] | mar a curious tale in telling it | 把一个复杂的故事 |
[33:43] | and deliver a plain message bluntly. | 深入浅出讲出来 |
[33:45] | That which ordinary men are fit for I am qualified in, | 任何常人能做的事我都能做 |
[33:48] | and the best of me is diligence. | 我最大的优点就是勤劳 |
[33:51] | How old art thou? | 你多大了 |
[33:53] | Not so young, sir, to love a woman for singing, | 我过了只听女人唱歌就爱上她的年纪了 先生 |
[33:56] | nor so old to dote on her for anything. | 但又不至于老得沉迷美色 |
[34:02] | I have years on my back forty-eight. | 我活过了48个年头了 |
[34:04] | Follow me, thou shalt serve me | 跟随我 你来服侍我吧 |
[34:07] | if I like thee no worse after dinner, | 如果我吃完晚餐后还能这么喜欢你的话 |
[34:10] | I will not part from thee yet. | 我就和你永不分离 |
[34:12] | Dinner, ho, dinner! | 晚餐 上晚餐了 |
[34:16] | Where’s my knave, my fool? | 我的人呢 我的弄臣呢 |
[34:19] | You, you, sirrah, where’s my daughter? | 你 小子 我的女儿呢 |
[34:23] | So please you – | 请你… |
[34:25] | un, deux, trois… | 一 二 三… |
[34:27] | What says the fellow there? Call the clotpoll back. | 那个家伙在说什么 把他叫回来 |
[34:34] | Where’s my fool? | 我的弄臣呢 |
[34:36] | Ho, I think the world’s asleep. | 全都睡着了吗 |
[34:40] | How now, where’s that mongrel? | 那个杂种现在在哪 |
[34:42] | He says, my lord, your daughter is not well. | 他说 陛下 您女儿病了 |
[34:44] | Why came not the slave back to me when I called him? | 为什么我叫那个奴才时他不会回来 |
[34:47] | Sir, he answered me in the roundest manner, he would not. | 陛下 他直言说因为他不愿意 |
[34:50] | He would not? | 不愿意 |
[34:52] | My lord, I know not what the matter is, | 陛下 我不知道是怎么回事 |
[34:54] | but to my judgment your highness is not entertained with that | 但是据我判断 陛下所受的待遇 |
[34:57] | ceremonious affection as you were wont. | 已经不似以往那样亲热有礼 |
[35:01] | Ah. Sayst thou so. | 你这样觉得 |
[35:03] | I beseech you pardon me, my lord, if I be mistaken. | 假如是我误会 敬请陛下原谅 |
[35:06] | For my duty cannot be silent | 但我觉得陛下受了怠慢 |
[35:08] | when I think your highness wronged. | 职责所在 不能不言 |
[35:10] | I will look further into’t. | 我会调查此事的 |
[35:13] | But where’s my fool? | 但我的弄臣呢 |
[35:15] | I have not seen him this two days. | 我两天没看见他了 |
[35:16] | Since my young lady’s going into France, sir, | 自从小公主去了法国 陛下 |
[35:19] | the fool hath much pined away. | 弄臣就日渐憔悴 |
[35:21] | No more of that, I have noted it well. | 别说了 我已经知道了 |
[35:24] | Go you and tell my daughter I would speak with her. | 你去跟我的女儿说我要和她谈谈 |
[35:27] | Go you, call hither my fool. | 你 去把弄臣找来 |
[35:31] | You, sir. You, sir! | 你 先生 说你呢 先生 |
[35:39] | Come you hither, sir. | 你过来 |
[35:45] | Who am I, sir? | 我是谁 |
[35:49] | My lady’s father. | 太太的父亲 |
[35:52] | My lady’s father? | 太太的父亲 |
[35:55] | My lord’s knave, you whoreson dog, | 你这个无赖 下贱的狗 |
[35:59] | you slave, you cur! | 你个奴隶 狗杂种 |
[36:00] | I am none of these, my lord, I beseech your pardon. | 这可不是我 陛下 无意冒犯 |
[36:05] | Do you bandy looks with me, you rascal? | 你这是顶撞我妈 你这个流氓 |
[36:08] | I’ll not be strucken, my lord. | 你不能打我 |
[36:10] | Nor tripped neither, you base football player. | 也不能踢你吗 你个臭踢皮球的 |
[36:13] | I thank thee, fellow. Thou serv’st me and I’ll love thee. | 谢谢 你帮了我的忙 我很喜欢你 |
[36:16] | Come, sir, arise, away, I’ll teach you differences. | 先生 站起来滚吧 我来教你点礼仪 |
[36:19] | Away, away. If you will | 滚吧 滚吧 除非你 |
[36:21] | measure your lubber’s length again, tarry – | 想用身体丈量土地 |
[36:22] | but away, go to, have you wisdom? | 不然就滚吧 快走 你长脑子了吗 |
[36:27] | So! | 那么 |
[36:29] | Now, my friendly knave, I thank thee. | 好了 我亲爱的朋友 谢谢你 |
[36:32] | There’s earnest of thy service. | 这是你应得的报酬 |
[36:40] | Let me hire him too. | 让我也雇他吧 |
[36:46] | Here’s my coxcomb. | 这是我的鸡冠帽 |
[36:48] | How now, my pretty knave, how dost thou? | 我可爱的朋友 你近来如何 |
[36:52] | Sirrah, you were best take my coxcomb. | 先生 你最好拿走我的鸡冠帽 |
[36:55] | Why, fool? | 为什么 小丑 |
[36:56] | Why? For taking one’s part that’s out of favour. | 为什么 为你帮助一个已经失势的人 |
[36:59] | Nay, an thou canst not smile as the wind sits, | 如果你不善于见风使舵 |
[37:01] | thou’lt catch cold shortly. | 那就会遭受冷遇 |
[37:03] | There, take my coxcomb. | 所以拿上我的帽子吧 |
[37:06] | Why, this fellow has banished two on’s daughters | 为什么呢 这家伙撵走了两个女儿 |
[37:09] | and did the third a blessing against his will, | 他的三女儿倒很受他的好处 虽非他本意 |
[37:11] | if thou follow him, thou must needs wear my coxcomb. | 如果你追随他 你肯定会需要我的帽子 |
[37:19] | How now, Nuncle? | 怎么 老伯 |
[37:30] | Would I had two coxcombs and two daughters. | 要是我有两顶帽子和两个女儿就好了 |
[37:32] | Why, my boy? | 为什么 孩子 |
[37:33] | If I gave them all my living, | 如果我把所有财产给了她们 |
[37:35] | I’d keep my coxcombs myself. | 我会留下我自己这顶帽子 |
[37:38] | There’s mine – beg another of thy daughters. | 这是我的 去找你女儿要另一顶吧 |
[37:40] | Take heed, sirrah, the whip. | 当心点 小子 小心鞭子 |
[37:42] | Truth’s a dog that must to kennel – he must be whipped out, | 真理就是一只狗 只能躲在狗窝里 |
[37:46] | when the Lady Brach may stand by the fire and stink. | 母狗在火边撒尿时 必须被一鞭子赶走 |
[37:49] | A pestilent gall to me. | 你这个恶毒的东西 |
[37:51] | – Sirrah, I’ll teach thee a speech. – Do. | -先生 我要教你一首小曲 -唱吧 |
[37:53] | Mark it, Nuncle. | 听清楚了 老伯 |
[37:59] | Have more than thou showest, | 多积财 少摆阔 |
[38:01] | speak less than thou knowest, lend less than thou owest, | 耳朵听 话少说 少放债 多借债 |
[38:04] | ride more than thou goest, learn more than thou trowest, | 多骑马少走路 多听而少信 |
[38:07] | Set less than thou throwest, | 赌注不可过于随性 |
[38:09] | *Leave thy drink and thy whore* | *莫纵酒 莫宿娼* |
[38:10] | *and keep in-a-door, and thou shalt have more* | *足不出户 你再数你那二十* |
[38:12] | *than two tens to a score.* | *将不止只是个双十* |
[38:15] | This is nothing, fool. | 这都是胡说 小丑 |
[38:17] | Then ’tis like the breath of an unfee’d lawyer, | 那这就像拿不到诉讼费的律师一样 |
[38:19] | you gave me nothing for’t. | 当我什么都没说 |
[38:21] | Can you make no use of nothing, Nuncle? | 你能从虚无中找到价值吗 老伯 |
[38:23] | Why no, boy – nothing can be made out of nothing. | 当然不能 孩子 无中不能生有 |
[38:26] | Prithee tell him, so much the rent of his land comes to – | 请你告诉他 他的田赋也等于零 |
[38:29] | – he will not believe a fool. – A bitter fool. | -他不相信我的傻话 -刻薄的傻话 |
[38:32] | Dost thou know the difference, my boy, between a bitter fool | 我的孩子 你知道刻薄的小丑 |
[38:36] | and a sweet one? | 和甜言蜜语的小丑有何区别吗 |
[38:37] | No, lad, teach me. | 不知道 告诉我吧 |
[38:39] | That lord that counselled thee to give away thy land, | 听了他人言 土地全丧失 |
[38:42] | come place him here by me. Do thou for him stand. | 我傻你更傻 两傻相并立 |
[38:45] | The sweet and bitter fool will presently appear, | 一个傻瓜甜 一个傻瓜酸 |
[38:48] | The one in motley here, the other found out there. | 一个穿花衣 一个戴王冠 |
[38:58] | Dost thou call me fool, boy? | 你说我傻瓜吗 孩子 |
[39:00] | All thy other titles thou | 所有其他头衔 |
[39:01] | hast given away, that thou wast born with. | 你都放弃了 只剩下这个娘胎里带来的了 |
[39:05] | This is not altogether fool, my lord. | 他说的并非不无道理 大人 |
[39:07] | Nuncle, give me an egg… | 老伯 给我一颗鸡蛋 |
[39:12] | ..give me an egg and I’ll give thee two crowns. | 给我一颗鸡蛋 我就能给你两顶王冠 |
[39:15] | What two crowns shall they be? | 怎样的两顶王冠 |
[39:16] | Why, after I have cut the egg I’ the middle, | 我把这颗鸡蛋从中切开 |
[39:20] | and eat up the meat, the two crowns of the egg. | 吃掉蛋清蛋黄 就是两顶蛋壳王冠了 |
[39:25] | When thou clovest thy crown I’ the middle, | 当你把你的王冠切开 |
[39:26] | and gav’st away both parts, | 将两半都送人 |
[39:28] | thou bor’st thine ass on thy back o’er the dirt. | 就好比把自己拥有的一切化为尘土 |
[39:33] | Thou hadst little wit in thy bald crown | 你放弃那顶金闪闪的王冠之时 |
[39:35] | when thou gav’st thy golden one away. | 头壳里实在是没什么脑筋 |
[39:37] | If I speak like myself in this, | 我说了该说的话 |
[39:39] | let him be whipped that first finds it so. | 谁说这是傻话才该挨鞭子 |
[39:43] | *Fools had ne’er less grace in a year* | *如今傻瓜最不受欢迎* |
[39:47] | *for wise men are grown foppish* | *因为聪明人都变成了傻瓜* |
[39:52] | *and know not what their wits to wear* | *不知道该怎样做个明白人* |
[39:56] | *their manners are so apish.* | *他们的举动是如此装腔做调* |
[39:59] | When were you wont to be so full of songs, sirrah? | 你什么时候学了这么多儿歌 孩子 |
[40:01] | I have used it, Nuncle, | 我已习惯如此了 老伯 |
[40:02] | e’er since thou mad’st thy daughters thy mothers, | 自从你把女儿们当做你的母亲 |
[40:05] | for when thou gav’st them the rod, | 自从你把戒尺交给了她们 |
[40:07] | and putt’st down thine own breeches, | 并自己脱下了裤子 |
[40:09] | *Then they for sudden joy did weep* | *她们开心地要哭泣* |
[40:11] | *and I for sorrow sung* | *而我悲伤得想唱歌* |
[40:15] | *that such a king should play bo-peep* | *一国之主竟如此儿戏* |
[40:19] | *and go the fools among.* | *变成了傻瓜一样* |
[40:22] | Prithee, Nuncle, keep a | 求你了 老伯 雇一位 |
[40:24] | schoolmaster that can teach thy fool to lie – | 教书先生教我撒谎吧 |
[40:26] | I would fain learn to lie. | 我会很愿意去学撒谎的 |
[40:29] | An you lie, sirrah, we’ll have you whipped. | 你若撒谎 小子 我们就拿鞭子抽你 |
[40:32] | I marvel what kin thou and thy daughters are. | 我真不明白你和你女儿究竟是什么亲戚 |
[40:34] | They’ll have me whipped for speaking true, | 她们因我说实话鞭打我 |
[40:36] | thou’lt have me whipped for lying, | 而你因我撒谎鞭打我 |
[40:37] | and sometimes I am whipped for holding my peace. | 有时候我就是保持沉默也会挨鞭子 |
[40:50] | I had rather be any kind o’ thing than a fool, | 我当什么都比当个小丑强 |
[40:53] | and yet I would not be thee, Nuncle. | 而就这样我也不愿意当你 老伯 |
[40:57] | Thou hast pared thy wit o’ both sides | 你把你的智慧从两边削去 |
[40:59] | and left nothing I’ the middle. | 中间什么也没留下来 |
[41:03] | Oh. Here comes one o’the parings. | 削掉的其中一块来了 |
[41:07] | How now, daughter? What makes that frontlet on? | 女儿 什么事让你眉头紧皱 |
[41:11] | Me thinks you are too much of late I’ the frown. | 我觉得你最近太爱皱眉了 |
[41:13] | Thou wast a pretty fellow | 你之前不需要担心 |
[41:14] | when thou hadst no need to care for her frowning. | 她是否皱眉的时候还是个好好的人 |
[41:16] | Now thou art an O without a figure | 而现在你什么也不是 |
[41:19] | I am better than thou art now. | 我现在远比你强 |
[41:20] | I am a fool, thou art nothing. | 我还是小丑 而你什么都不是 |
[41:22] | Yes, forsooth, I will hold my tongue, so your face bids me, | 好的真的 我不说话了 虽然你没说什么 |
[41:24] | though you say nothing. | 但表情不言自明 |
[41:28] | *Mum, mum!* | *不说话 不说话* |
[41:28] | *He that keeps nor crust nor crumb,* | *他不留硬皮也不留瓤* |
[41:30] | *weary of all, shall want some.* | *总有一天他会想要的* |
[41:34] | That’s a shelled peascod. | 那就是个空豆荚 |
[41:35] | Not only, sir, this your all-licensed fool, | 不仅你这位肆无忌惮的弄臣 |
[41:39] | but other of your insolent retinue do hourly carp and quarrel, | 你其余狂傲的仆从无时无刻不在争吵 |
[41:42] | breaking forth in rank and not-to-be-endured riots. | 没大没小不懂尊卑 还弄得天下不宁 |
[41:47] | Sir, I had thought by making this well known unto you | 我本以为把这事告诉你 |
[41:51] | to have found a safe redress, | 就可以妥善加以纠正 |
[41:53] | but now grow fearful | 但现在我有点疑虑 |
[41:54] | by what yourself too late have spoke and done, | 鉴于你最近的言行 |
[41:57] | that you protect this course and put it on | 恐怕是你从中包庇 |
[42:00] | by your allowance. | 故意纵容 |
[42:01] | For you know, Nuncle, | 你知道了吧 老伯 |
[42:02] | the hedge-sparrow has fed the cuckoo so long, | 篱雀喂了杜鹃那么久 |
[42:05] | it’s had it head bit off by its young. | 连自己的头也被吃掉了 |
[42:08] | So out went the candle and we were left darkling. | 烛光熄灭 我们被丢在了黑暗之中 |
[42:11] | Are you our daughter? | 你还是我的女儿吗 |
[42:14] | Come, sir, I would you would make use of that good wisdom, | 好了 老人家 你动动自己的脑子 |
[42:18] | Whereof I know you are fraught, and put away | 我知道你充满了怨气 别这样 |
[42:21] | these dispositions, which of late transport you | 你那些怨气 近来这些暴脾气 |
[42:24] | from what you rightly are. | 让你变得不成样子 |
[42:25] | May not an ass know when the cart draws the horse? | 如果是车拉着马 就算是蠢驴也会知道吧 |
[42:29] | Whoop, Jug, I love thee. | 别生气 宝贝 我爱你 |
[42:32] | Doth any here know me? | 这里有人认识我吗 |
[42:35] | Why, this is not Lear. | 为什么 这不是李尔 |
[42:38] | Doth Lear walk thus, speak thus? | 李尔是这样走路 这样说话的吗 |
[42:42] | Where are his eyes? | 他的眼睛去哪了 |
[42:45] | Either his notion weakens or his discernings are lethargied. Ha! | 要么是他的智力衰退了 要么头脑发昏了 |
[42:50] | Sleeping or waking? Sure ’tis not so. | 他睡着还是醒着 肯定不是这样 |
[42:53] | Who is it that can tell me who I am? | 谁能告诉我我是谁 |
[42:56] | Lear’s shadow. | 李尔的影子 |
[42:59] | I would learn that, for by the marks of sovereignty, | 我很想知道 因为根据我的仪表 |
[43:03] | knowledge and reason, | 智识和理性 |
[43:05] | I should be false persuaded I had daughters. | 我会误认为我自己是有女儿的人 |
[43:08] | Which they will make an obedient father. | 却被她们变成了一位唯命是从的父亲 |
[43:10] | Your name, fair gentlewoman? | 这位太太 你贵姓 |
[43:13] | This admiration, sir, is much o’ the savour | 真有意思 老人家 你最近 |
[43:16] | of other your new pranks. | 喜欢这样冷嘲热讽 |
[43:18] | I do beseech you | 我要请你 |
[43:19] | to understand my purposes aright, | 正确的理解我的意图 |
[43:22] | as you are old and reverend, should be wise. | 你年长且德高望重 应该是充满智慧的 |
[43:26] | Here do you keep a hundred knights and squires, | 你在这养着一百名侍卫仆从 |
[43:31] | men so disordered, so debauched and bold, | 他们都是如此骄纵 堕落和大胆 |
[43:35] | that this our court, infected with their manners, | 致使我的宫廷 沾染了他们的习气 |
[43:38] | shows like a riotous inn. | 变得像是一间喧闹的酒肆 |
[43:41] | Epicurism and lust | 享乐与情欲 |
[43:43] | make it more like a tavern or a brothel | 让这里更像是一间酒馆或者妓院 |
[43:45] | than a graced palace. | 而不是一间庄严的宫殿 |
[43:47] | The shame itself doth speak | 这种可耻的现状 |
[43:49] | for instant remedy. | 需要立即进行纠正 |
[43:51] | Be then desired, | 所以我请你自觉 |
[43:52] | by her that else will take the thing she begs, | 不然的话我就要强制执行了 |
[43:56] | a little to disquantity your train, | 稍微减少点你仆从的数量 |
[43:59] | and the remainder that shall still depend | 剩下的仆人则应该是 |
[44:02] | to be such men as may besort your age, | 一些适合你这个年纪 |
[44:05] | and know themselves, and you. | 知道自爱又了解你脾气的人 |
[44:07] | Darkness and devils! Saddle my horses, call my train together. | 真是活见鬼 给我备马 召集我的仆从 |
[44:12] | Degenerate bastard, I’ll not trouble thee. | 下流的贱种 我不打扰你 |
[44:16] | Yet have I left a daughter. | 我还有一个女儿呢 |
[44:17] | You strike my people, | 你打我的人 |
[44:19] | and your disordered rabble | 你那群捣乱的流氓 |
[44:21] | make servants of their betters. | 有点自知之明吧 |
[44:23] | Woe that too late repents! | 我后悔也来不及了 |
[44:25] | O, sir, are you come? | 你在吗 |
[44:28] | Is it your will, sir? Speak. | 这是你的意思吗 说啊 |
[44:31] | Prepare my horses. | 给我备马 |
[44:33] | Ingratitude, thou marble-hearted fiend, | 就算丑陋的海怪 |
[44:38] | more hideous when thou show’st thee in a child | 也比不上忘恩负义的孩子 |
[44:40] | than the sea-monster. | 更为可怕 |
[44:41] | Pray, sir, be patient. | 陛下 不要生气 |
[44:43] | Detested kite, thou liest. | 猪狗不如的东西 你说谎 |
[44:48] | My train are men of choice and rarest part | 我的侍卫都是最有品行的 |
[44:51] | that all particulars of duty know, | 他们懂得一切礼仪 |
[44:54] | and in the most exact regard support the worships of their name. | 他们的所言所行 都不愧骑士之名 |
[44:59] | O most small fault, | 考狄利娅 |
[45:02] | how ugly didst thou in Cordelia show, | 不过犯了那么一个小小的错误 |
[45:05] | which like an engine wrenched my frame of nature | 怎么到我眼里就成了丑恶 像一座酷虐的刑具 |
[45:08] | from the fixed place, drew from my heart all love | 扭曲了我的天性 抽干了我心中的慈爱 |
[45:11] | and added to the gall. | 把憎恨灌了进去 |
[45:13] | O Lear, Lear, Lear! | 李尔啊李尔 |
[45:14] | Beat at this gate that let thy folly in | 对准这扇装进愚蠢 |
[45:17] | and thy dear judgment out. | 放走智慧的门用力打吧 |
[45:19] | Go, go, my people. | 走吧 我的人 |
[45:21] | My lord, I am guiltless as I am ignorant | 陛下 我没得罪您 |
[45:23] | of what hath moved you. | 您为什么生气 |
[45:24] | It may be so, my lord. | 也许不是你的错 公爵 |
[45:30] | Hear, Nature, | 听着 天神 |
[45:33] | hear, dear goddess, hear! | 听着 女神 |
[45:39] | Suspend thy purpose if thou didst intend | 如果你想使这逆女生儿育女 |
[45:43] | to make this creature fruitful. | 请改变你的旨意 |
[45:46] | Into her womb convey sterility, | 取消她的生育能力 |
[45:50] | dry up in her the organs of increase, | 干涸她生育的器官 |
[45:54] | and from her derogate body never spring | 让她下贱的身体里永远 |
[45:57] | a babe to honour her. | 也无法生儿育女 |
[45:59] | If she must teem, create her child of spleen, | 如果她注定有子嗣 那就赐她逆子 |
[46:02] | that it may live and be a thwart disnatured torment to her. | 让她一辈子痛苦不堪 |
[46:06] | Let it stamp wrinkles in her brow of youth, | 让她年轻的额头上早生皱纹 |
[46:09] | with cadent tears fret channels in her cheeks, | 终日以泪洗面 磨出两道沟渠 |
[46:12] | turn all her mother’s pains and benefits | 让她为人母所付出的艰辛 |
[46:15] | to laughter and contempt, that she may feel | 只换来冷笑与白眼 让她感受 |
[46:18] | how sharper than a serpent’s tooth it is | 负心的孩子比毒蛇的牙齿 |
[46:21] | to have a thankless child. | 还令人痛彻心扉 |
[46:22] | Away, away! | 走开 走开 |
[46:26] | Now gods that we adore, whereof comes this? | 苍天在上 这是怎么回事 |
[46:30] | Never afflict yourself to know more of it, | 你不用知道这是怎么回事 |
[46:33] | but let his disposition have such scope | 他老糊涂了 |
[46:36] | as dotage gives it. | 让他耍吧 |
[46:38] | What, fifty of my followers at a clap? | 什么 把我的侍卫一下子裁了五十人 |
[46:42] | Within a fortnight? | 我才住了半个月 |
[46:43] | What’s the matter, sir? | 怎么回事 陛下 |
[46:44] | I’ll tell thee. | 我告诉你 |
[46:47] | Life and death, I am ashamed | 求生不能 求死不得 我很惭愧 |
[46:50] | That thou hast power to shake my manhood thus, | 你可真有能耐 让我如此有失大丈夫气概 |
[46:54] | that these hot tears, which break from me perforce》 | 让我为了一个不值得的贱人用热泪把面颊埋 |
[46:57] | Should make thee worth them. | 愿毒气瘟风袭你 |
[46:59] | Blasts and fogs upon thee! | 愿你身上笼罩雾翳阴霾 |
[47:02] | Th’ untented woundings of a father’s curse | 愿一个父亲的诅咒刺穿你的五官 |
[47:04] | Pierce every sense about thee. | 让疮痍永在 |
[47:07] | Old fond eyes, | 这双老眼昏花 |
[47:08] | beweep this cause again, | 要是再为此事落泪 |
[47:10] | I’ll pluck ye out, | 我就把你们抠出来 |
[47:11] | and cast you with the waters that you loose to temper clay. | 扔进你们流出的泪海和泥黏在一起 |
[47:14] | Yea, is’t come to this? Ha? | 你竟然如此对待我 |
[47:17] | Let it be so – I have another daughter, | 好吧 我还有一个女孩 |
[47:20] | who I am sure is kind and comfortable. | 我确信她是令人欣慰的人 |
[47:22] | When she shall hear this of thee with her nails | 要是她听说你的所作所为 |
[47:25] | she’ll flay thy wolvish visage. | 一定会用指甲撕下你的虎狼脸皮 |
[47:27] | Thou shalt find | 你以为 |
[47:29] | I’ll resume that shape which thou dost think | 我不会东山再起 |
[47:31] | I have cast off for ever. | 我不会重振雄风了 |
[47:32] | Thou shalt, I warrant thee. | 等着吧 我要证明给你看 |
[47:37] | Do you mark that, my lord? | 听到没有 我的陛下 |
[47:40] | I cannot be so partial, Goneril, To the great love I bear you… | 高纳里尔 我很爱你 但也不能这么偏心 |
[47:44] | Pray you, content. Come, sir, no more. | 不用你管我 别说了 |
[47:48] | What, Oswald, ho? | 奥斯华德 |
[47:51] | You, sir, | 你这家伙 |
[47:54] | more knave than fool, after your master. | 又奸又傻 跟着你的主子滚吧 |
[47:57] | Nuncle Lear, Nuncle Lear, tarry, and take the Fool with thee. | 李尔伯伯 李尔伯伯 等等我 带我一起 |
[48:00] | This man hath had good counsel – a hundred knights! | 不知道谁给他出的好主意 一百名侍卫 |
[48:05] | ‘Tis politic, and safe, to let him keep | 真是万全之计啊 |
[48:07] | at point a hundred knights! | 让他带着一百名侍卫 |
[48:09] | Yes, that on every dream, | 要是他做了一个梦 |
[48:11] | each buzz, each fancy, each complaint, dislike, | 听了一句谣言 转了一个念头 或者有个不高兴 |
[48:14] | he may enguard his dotage with their powers | 他就可以由着性子用武力 |
[48:17] | and hold our lives in mercy. | 危害我们的生命 |
[48:18] | Oswald, I say! | 奥斯华德呢 |
[48:20] | Well, you may fear too far. | 你太多虑了 |
[48:22] | Safer than trust too far. | 多虑总比大意好 |
[48:26] | Let me still take away the harms I fear, | 与其时时刻刻担心 |
[48:29] | not fear still to be taken. | 不如先除掉祸患 |
[48:32] | I know his heart – | 我了解他的心思 |
[48:34] | what he hath uttered I have writ my sister. | 他说的话 我都写信告诉我妹妹 |
[48:37] | If she sustain him and his hundred knights | 她要是不听我的劝告 |
[48:40] | when I have showed th’ unfitness – | 还纵容他留着一百名侍卫 |
[48:42] | Here, madam. | 来了 夫人 |
[48:43] | How now, Oswald? What, have you writ that letter to my sister? | 奥斯华德 我让你给我妹妹写信 写了没 |
[48:46] | Ay, madam. | 写好了 |
[48:47] | Take you some company and away to horse. | 你带几个人 赶快上马出发 |
[48:49] | Inform her full of my particular fears, | 把我所担心的情形告诉她 |
[48:52] | and there to add such reasons of your own | 再加上你所能想到的理由 |
[48:54] | as may compact it more. | 让理由更加充分 |
[48:57] | Get you gone, And hasten your return. | 去吧 早去早回 |
[49:01] | No, no, my lord, | 不行 我的陛下 |
[49:02] | this milky gentleness and course of yours, | 你做人太宅心仁厚了 |
[49:05] | though I condemn not, yet, under pardon, | 我不怪你 但恕我直言 |
[49:08] | you are much more attasked for want of wisdom | 只有人批评你糊涂 |
[49:11] | than praised for harmful mildness. | 却没什么人念你的好 |
[49:13] | How far your eyes may pierce I cannot tell, | 我不知道你能看得多远 |
[49:17] | striving to better, oft we mar what’s well. | 过分多虑也会误事的 |
[49:19] | – Nay, then… – Well, well, th’ event. | -那么 -好了 好了 拭目以待 |
[49:34] | Go you before with these letters. | 拿上这封信再走 |
[49:37] | Acquaint my daughter no further with anything you know | 我女儿看了信 如果有什么话问你 |
[49:40] | than comes from her demand out of the letter. | 你就照你所知道的回答 |
[49:43] | If your diligence be not speedy, I’ll be there afore you. | 要是你在路上偷懒耽搁 我可能比你先到 |
[49:47] | I will not sleep, my lord, till I have delivered your letter. | 不把您的信送到 我连觉都不睡 |
[50:10] | Shalt see thy other daughter will use thee kindly, | 你到了另一个女儿那 就知道她多好了 |
[50:14] | for though she’s as like this as a crab’s like an apple, | 虽然这姐俩就像养殖苹果和野生苹果一样并无两样 |
[50:16] | yet I can tell what I can tell. | 但我能告诉你我所知道的 |
[50:19] | Why, what canst thou tell, my boy? | 你能告诉我什么 孩子 |
[50:23] | She will taste as like this as a crab does a crab. | 她们两姐妹会如出一辙的 |
[50:27] | Thou canst not tell why one’s nose stands I’the middle on’s face? | 你能说说为什么一个人的鼻子长在两眼之间吗 |
[50:30] | – No. – Why, to keep one’s eyes of either side’s nose, | -不知道 -因为鼻子两边长的是眼睛 |
[50:34] | that what a man cannot smell out he may spy into. | 鼻子嗅不出来的 可以用眼睛看 |
[50:40] | I did her wrong. | 我对不起她 |
[50:48] | Canst tell why an oyster makes his shell? | 你知道牡蛎怎么造壳吗 |
[50:51] | No. | 不知道 |
[50:52] | Nor I neither. | 我也不知道 |
[50:54] | But I can tell why a snail has a house. | 不过我知道蜗牛为什么背着窝 |
[50:57] | Why? | 为什么 |
[50:58] | Why, to put his head in, not to give it away to his daughters | 因为可以把头藏里面 它不会把窝送女儿 |
[51:02] | and leave his horns without a case. | 让自己的触角无处安放 |
[51:07] | I will forget my nature. | 我也不说天性了 |
[51:11] | So kind a father! | 我这父亲不好吗 |
[51:16] | Be my horses ready? | 我的马备好了吗 |
[51:18] | Thy asses are gone about ’em. | 正给你准备呢 |
[51:20] | The reason why the seven stars are no more than seven | 北斗七星为什么只有七颗星 |
[51:22] | – is a pretty reason. – Because they are not eight. | -这有个绝妙的理由 -因为没有第八颗星 |
[51:25] | Yes, indeed – thou wouldst make a good fool. | 没错 你可以当个好傻瓜 |
[51:30] | To take’t again perforce… | 用武力夺回来 |
[51:37] | ..Monster ingratitude! | 忘恩负义的畜生 |
[51:43] | If thou wert my fool, Nuncle, | 如果你是我的小丑 老伯 |
[51:46] | I’d have thee beaten for being old before thy time. | 我就揍你 因为你还没到时候就老了 |
[51:50] | What’s that? | 什么意思 |
[51:51] | Thou shouldst not have been old before thou hadst been wise. | 你应该懂得些世故再老啊 |
[51:57] | O let me not be mad, | 别让我发疯 |
[52:01] | not mad, sweet heaven! | 别让我发疯 天啊 |
[52:05] | I would not be mad. | 我不要发疯 |
[52:10] | Keep me in temper, let me not be mad. | 抑制住我的怒火 别让我发疯 |
[52:16] | How now, are the horses ready? | 怎么 马预备好了吗 |
[52:20] | Ready, my lord. | 好了 陛下 |
[52:23] | Come, boy. | 来 孩子 |
[52:34] | – Save thee, Curan. – And you, sir. | -你好 克伦 -你好 先生 |
[52:37] | I have been with your father and given him notice | 我见过你父亲 通知他康华尔公爵 |
[52:39] | that the Duke of Cornwall and Regan | 和夫人芮根公主 |
[52:41] | his Duchess will be here with him this night. | 今晚要来这拜访他 |
[52:43] | How comes that? | 为什么 |
[52:45] | Nay, I know not. | 我也不知道 |
[52:47] | You have heard of the news abroad? | 您有没有听到外面的那些消息 |
[52:50] | I mean the whispered ones, for they are yet | 我是说人们交头接耳 |
[52:52] | but ear-bussing arguments. | 相互传的那些话 |
[52:54] | Not I. Pray you, what are they? | 没有 都传了些什么 |
[52:57] | Have you heard of no likely wars toward ‘twixt | 听说康华尔和奥本尼两位公爵 |
[53:00] | the two dukes of Cornwall and Albany? | 之间将有战事发生 |
[53:02] | Not a word. | 完全没听说 |
[53:05] | You may do then in time. Fare you well, sir. | 那你不久就会听说了 再会 先生 |
[53:11] | The Duke be here tonight? | 公爵今晚就到这来 |
[53:14] | The better – best! | 太好了 好极了 |
[53:17] | This weaves itself perforce into my business. | 我得利用这个机会 |
[53:21] | Briefness and fortune work! | 行事要快 老天助我 |
[53:24] | Brother, a word. Descend, brother, I say. | 哥哥 跟你说句话 下来 哥哥 |
[53:31] | My father watches – | 父亲在那儿守着你 |
[53:32] | o sir, fly this place! | 哥哥 快逃离这地方 |
[53:35] | Intelligence is given where you are hid. | 他已经知道你藏在哪里了 |
[53:37] | You have now the good advantage of the night. | 趁着现在天黑赶紧逃 |
[53:39] | Have you not spoken ‘gainst the Duke of Cornwall aught? | 你没有说过什么反对康华尔公爵的话吧 |
[53:43] | He’s coming hither, now, I’ the night, I’ the haste, | 他要来了 这样深的夜晚 火急火燎的 |
[53:47] | and Regan with him. | 还带着芮根 |
[53:49] | Have you nothing said | 你没有站在他那边 |
[53:50] | upon his party ‘gainst the Duke of Albany? | 说过什么反对奥本尼公爵的话吧 |
[53:52] | – Advise yourself. – I am sure on’t, not a word. | -仔细想想 -我敢肯定 一句也没说过 |
[53:55] | I hear my father coming – pardon me. | 我听见父亲来了 原谅我 |
[53:58] | In cunning I must draw my sword upon you. | 我得做出拔剑刺你的样子 |
[54:00] | Draw, seem to defend yourself – | 拔出剑来 做出自卫的样子 |
[54:04] | now quit you well. | 好好应付下 |
[54:05] | Yield, come before my father! | 投降 来见父亲吧 |
[54:08] | Light, ho, here! | 拿火把来 这里 |
[54:10] | Fly, brother, fly! | 快逃 哥哥 快逃啊 |
[54:14] | Torches, torches! | 火把 火把 |
[54:23] | Some blood drawn on me | 身上沾点血迹 |
[54:25] | would beget opinion | 可以使他相信 |
[54:26] | of my more fierce endeavour | 我真的作过一番凶猛的争斗 |
[54:29] | I have seen drunkards do more than this in sport. | 我曾见过醉汉闹着好玩 做出比这更厉害的事 |
[54:33] | Father, father! Stop, no help? | 父亲 住手 没人来帮我吗 |
[54:37] | Now, Edmund, where’s the villain? | 爱德蒙 那小畜生呢 |
[54:38] | Here stood he in the dark, his sharp sword out, | 黑夜之中 他拔出了利剑 |
[54:42] | Mumbling of wicked charms, conjuring the moon | 口中念念有词 见神见鬼地 |
[54:45] | – To stand’s auspicious mistress. – But where is he? | -请月亮帮他 -可是他跑哪儿去了 |
[54:47] | Look, sir, I bleed. | 父亲 我都流血了 |
[54:48] | Where is the villain, Edmund? | 小畜生去哪了 爱德蒙 |
[54:50] | Fled this way, sir. When by no means he could… | 往这边逃去了 父亲 他看见他没有法子 |
[54:55] | Pursue him, ho! Go after! | 追上他 跟过去 |
[54:59] | ‘By no means’ what? | 什么”没有法子” |
[54:59] | Persuade me to the murder of your lordship, | 没有法子怂恿我谋害你 |
[55:03] | but that I told him the revenging gods | 我跟他说 嫉恶如仇的神明 |
[55:06] | ‘gainst parricides did all their thunders bend; | 看见弑父的逆子 是要用天雷把他劈死的 |
[55:10] | spoke with how manifold and strong a bond | 还跟他说 儿子对父亲的关系 |
[55:14] | the child was bound to the father. | 是多么深切而不可摧毁 |
[55:17] | But when he saw my best alarumed spirits, | 他看到我如此嫉恶如仇 |
[55:21] | bold in the quarrel’s right, roused to th’encounter, | 自恃理直气壮 奋起和他厮杀 |
[55:25] | or whether ghasted by the noise I made, | 或者可能是被我的喊声所吓 |
[55:28] | full suddenly he fled. | 就飞似的逃走了 |
[55:32] | Let him fly far – | 让他逃得远远的吧 |
[55:34] | not in this land shall he remain uncaught, | 在这境内是没有他藏身之所的 |
[55:36] | and found – dispatch! | 一旦抓住 立刻处死 |
[55:39] | The noble Duke, my master, | 公爵殿下 |
[55:41] | my worthy arch and patron, comes tonight – | 我高贵的恩主 今晚要到这来 |
[55:43] | by his authority I will proclaim it, | 我将呈准公爵 告知众人 |
[55:46] | that he which finds him shall deserve our thanks, | 凡有能寻得此凶犯 并缉拿归案的 |
[55:49] | bringing the murderous coward to the stake. | 我们有赏赐 |
[55:52] | He that conceals him, death! | 藏匿他的 死路一条 |
[55:55] | When I dissuaded him from his intent, | 我劝他不要心存邪念 |
[55:57] | and found him pight to do it, | 但他的企图却很坚决 |
[56:01] | with curst speech I threatened to discover him. | 我便严词恫吓他 说要告发他的阴谋 |
[56:05] | He replied, “Thou unpossessing bastard, | 他却说 你这没份儿继承遗产的私生子 |
[56:09] | dost thou think, | 如果我要与你对立的话 |
[56:10] | If I would stand against thee, | 你以为 |
[56:13] | would the reposal of any trust, virtue or worth in thee | 别人会信任你的道德品质 |
[56:17] | make thy words faithed? | 继而相信你所说的话吗 |
[56:19] | No, what I should deny, as this I would, ay, | 不会的 我可以绝口否认 而我自然要否认 |
[56:23] | though thou didst produce my very character, | 纵然你能举出我的亲笔证据 |
[56:27] | I’d turn it all thy suggestion, | 我也能反咬一口 |
[56:29] | plot and damned practise.” | 说这全是你的阴谋诡计 |
[56:30] | O strange and fastened villain, | 这狠心的畜生 |
[56:33] | Would he deny his letter, said he? | 他能赖掉自己的信吗 |
[56:36] | I never got him. | 简直就不是我生的 |
[56:39] | Hark, the Duke’s trumpets – I know not why he comes. | 听 是公爵的喇叭 我不知道他为何而来 |
[56:44] | All ports I’ll bar, the villain shall not ‘scape – | 我要关上所有城门 看那畜生逃哪儿去 |
[56:47] | The Duke must grant me that. | 公爵一定会答应我这个要求的 |
[56:49] | Besides, his picture I will send far and near, | 此外 我还要把他的画像送到各处 |
[56:52] | that all the kingdom may have the due note of him, | 让全国的人都可以注意到他 |
[56:54] | and of my land, | 我孝顺的儿子 |
[56:56] | loyal and natural boy, I’ll work the means | 我会想法子 |
[56:59] | to make thee capable. | 让你能够继承我的产业 |
[57:01] | How now, my noble friend? | 您好 我尊贵的朋友 |
[57:04] | Since I came hither, I have heard strange news. | 我刚到这 就已经听说了奇怪的消息 |
[57:06] | If it be true, all vengeance comes too short | 如果一切属实 那罪人真是 |
[57:09] | which can pursue th’offender. | 万死不足以蔽其辜 |
[57:11] | How dost, my lord? | 到底是怎么回事 伯爵 |
[57:13] | O madam, my old heart is cracked, it’s cracked. | 夫人 我这颗心已经碎了 碎了 |
[57:17] | What, did my father’s godson seek your life? | 什么 我父亲的义子要谋害你吗 |
[57:21] | He whom my father named, your Edgar? | 就是我父亲赐名的那位 你的爱德加吗 |
[57:24] | O, lady, lady, shame would have it hid. | 夫人 这事说来真丢人 |
[57:25] | Was he not companion with the riotous knights | 他不是常常与我伺候我父亲的 |
[57:27] | that tend upon my father? | 那些横行不法的骑士们为伴 |
[57:29] | I know not, madam – ’tis too bad, too bad. | 我不知道 夫人 太可恶了 太可恶了 |
[57:32] | Yes, madam, he was of that consort. | 是的 夫人 他是与那些人为伍的 |
[57:35] | No marvel, then, though he were ill affected. | 怪不得他会变得这么坏 |
[57:39] | ‘Tis they have put him on the old man’s death, | 肯定是那些人撺掇他谋害了这老人家 |
[57:41] | to have the expense and waste of his revenues. | 好挥霍他的钱财 |
[57:45] | I have this present evening from my sister | 今天傍晚 我收到了姐姐的一封信 |
[57:46] | been well informed of them, and with such cautions | 信中披露了他们的详情 |
[57:50] | that if they come to sojourn at my house I’ll not be there. | 并警告若他们来我家住 让我千万别招待 |
[57:54] | Nor I, assure thee, Regan. | 相信我 芮根 我也不会去招待他们 |
[57:57] | Edmund, I hear that you have shown your father | 爱德蒙 我听说你对你父亲 |
[57:59] | a child-like office. | 很尽孝道 |
[58:01] | It was my duty, sir. | 那是我的本分 大人 |
[58:02] | He did bewray his practice, and received this hurt you see, | 他的确揭发了他的阴谋 而且为了抓住他 |
[58:05] | striving to apprehend him. | 还受了伤 |
[58:07] | Is he pursued? | 有人去缉拿他吗 |
[58:10] | He is, my good lord. | 有的 大人 |
[58:11] | If he be taken, he shall never more | 如果他被捉住了 我们一定 |
[58:14] | be feared of doing harm, | 不让他再为非作恶 |
[58:17] | make your own purpose, | 在我的权力范围内 |
[58:20] | how in my strength you please. | 你尽管去做 |
[58:26] | For you, Edmund, | 至于你 爱德蒙 |
[58:28] | whose virtue and obedience doth this instant | 你的孝心与忠诚 |
[58:31] | so much commend itself, you shall be ours. | 很值得称赞 也正是我们需要的 |
[58:36] | Natures of such deep trust we shall much need – | 像你这样不负托付的人 |
[58:40] | you we first seize on. | 也正是我们要重用的 |
[58:42] | Sir, I shall serve you, truly, however else. | 大人 无论是否胜任 我都愿意尽忠效命 |
[58:45] | For him I thank your grace. | 公爵如此看得起他 我感激万分 |
[58:48] | You know not why we came to visit you? | 你是否知道我们为什么要到这来 |
[58:50] | Thus out of season, threading dark-eyed night? | 如此不合时宜 深更半夜的 |
[58:53] | Occasions, noble Gloucester, of some poise | 实在是因为有些紧要的事 |
[58:56] | wherein we must have use of your advice. | 必须要征求你的意见 尊贵的葛罗斯特 |
[58:59] | Our father he hath writ, so hath our sister, | 我父亲和姐姐都写了信来 |
[59:03] | of differences, which I least thought it fit | 说他们之间发生了冲突 我觉得最好不要 |
[59:06] | to answer from our home. | 在家里写回信 |
[59:07] | The several messengers from hence attend dispatch. | 两边的信使都在等候我打发 |
[59:11] | Our good old friend, | 善良的老朋友 |
[59:13] | lay comforts to your bosom, | 你别气恼了 |
[59:15] | and bestow your needful counsel to our business, | 快替我们出个好主意 |
[59:18] | which craves the instant use. | 这事着急呢 |
[59:20] | I serve you, madam. Your graces are right welcome. | 愿意效劳 夫人 欢迎二位驾临 |
[59:40] | Good dawning to thee, friend. Art of this house? | 早安 朋友 你是这家的人吗 |
[59:40] | 第二场:葛罗斯特堡前 | |
[59:45] | Ay. | 是 |
[59:46] | Where may we set our horses? | 哪里可以让我们拴马 |
[59:49] | In the mire. | 烂泥地里 |
[59:50] | In the…? | 烂泥 |
[59:55] | Prithee, if thou lov’st me, tell me. | 拜托 是朋友就告诉我吧 |
[1:00:00] | I love thee not. | 我们不是朋友 |
[1:00:03] | Why, then, I care not for thee. | 那么 我也不管你了 |
[1:00:06] | If I had thee in Lipsbury pinfold, | 要是我咬住你 |
[1:00:06] | 黎破斯堡兽栏 意既嘴唇之间的畜栏 | |
[1:00:08] | I would make thee care for me. | 看你还管不管我 |
[1:00:13] | Why dost thou use me thus? I know thee not. | 你为什么这样对我 我又不认识你 |
[1:00:17] | Fellow, I know thee. | 伙计 我认识你 |
[1:00:19] | What dost thou know me for? | 那我是谁 |
[1:00:20] | A knave, a rascal, an eater of broken meats. | 是一个无赖 一个恶棍 一个吃剩饭的家伙 |
[1:00:25] | A base, proud, shallow, beggarly, | 一个下贱 傲慢 浅薄 叫花子一样的 |
[1:00:28] | three-suited, | 只有三身衣服 |
[1:00:28] | 仆人有两身衣服 | |
[1:00:29] | hundred-pound, | 全部家当加起来不超过一百磅的 |
[1:00:29] | 一百磅是得到陪审员资格的最低财产额 | |
[1:00:30] | filthy, worsted-stocking knave. | 龌蹉的 穿毛绒袜子的奴才 |
[1:00:30] | 稍有富余者都穿丝袜 只有穷人穿毛绒袜 | |
[1:00:33] | A lily-livered, action-taking knave, | 一个没有胆量的 靠官府势力压人的奴才 |
[1:00:36] | a whoreson, glass-gazing, | 一个婊子生的 顾镜自怜的 |
[1:00:39] | super-serviceable finical rogue. | 奴颜婢膝的 涂脂抹粉的混账东西 |
[1:00:42] | One trunk-inheriting slave, | 全部家当一个箱子就能装下的下流胚 |
[1:00:45] | one that wouldst be a bawd in way of good service and art nothing | 一个天生的王八坯子 |
[1:00:48] | but the composition of a knave, coward, beggar, pander | 无赖 懦夫 乞丐 皮条客 你都兼而有之 |
[1:00:52] | and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch… | 还是一条杂种母狗的儿子 |
[1:00:56] | ..One whom I would beat into clamorous whining | 你要是不承认这些头衔中的哪怕一个字 |
[1:00:59] | if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition. | 我都要打得你乱叫 |
[1:01:11] | Why… | 为什么 |
[1:01:13] | What a monstrous… | 你简直是怪物一样的 |
[1:01:17] | ..fellow art thou, | 小伙子 |
[1:01:20] | thus to rail on one | 你对一个不认识你 |
[1:01:22] | that is neither known of thee, nor knows thee! | 你也不认识的人 如此谩骂 |
[1:01:24] | What a brazen-faced varlet art thou to deny thou knowest me? | 你还说不认识我 你这厚脸皮的奴才 |
[1:01:31] | Was it two days ago since I tripped up thy heels | 两天以前 我不是把你踢倒在地 |
[1:01:33] | and beat thee before the King? | 在国王面前打了你吗 |
[1:01:36] | Draw, you rogue, | 拔剑 你个流氓 |
[1:01:37] | for though it be night, yet the moon shines. | 虽然是夜里 但还有月光 |
[1:01:39] | I’ll make a sop o’ the moonshine of you. | 我要把你打个稀巴烂 |
[1:01:41] | Draw you whoreson cullionly barber-monger! Draw! | 拔剑 你个油头粉面的贱种 拔剑 |
[1:01:43] | Away, I have nothing to do with thee. | 滚开 我不想理你 |
[1:01:45] | Draw, you rascal! | 拔剑 你个杂种 |
[1:01:46] | You come with letters against the King. | 你带着不利于国王的信件来的 |
[1:01:48] | – Help, ho! Murder, help! Help, ho! – Strike, slave. | -救命 杀人啦 救命 -打啊 奴才 |
[1:01:51] | – Stand, rogue, stand you neat slave, strike! – Murder, murder! | -站起来 混蛋 站起来跟我打 -杀人啦 |
[1:01:54] | What’s the matter? Part! | 这是怎么回事 分开 |
[1:01:56] | With you, goodman boy, if you please. | 如果你愿意 少爷 我跟你打 |
[1:01:59] | Come, I’ll flesh ye | 来啊 我削了你 |
[1:02:01] | – come, young master. – Weapons? Arms? What’s the matter here? | -来啊 少爷 -武器 这是怎么回事 |
[1:02:04] | Keep peace, upon your lives. | 还要命的话就住手 |
[1:02:05] | He dies that strikes again. | 谁再动手谁就死 |
[1:02:08] | What’s the matter? | 怎么回事 |
[1:02:09] | The messengers from our sister and the King. | 姐姐和父王的信使 |
[1:02:22] | What is your difference? Speak. | 你们在争执什么 说吧 |
[1:02:25] | I am scarce in breath, my lord. | 我喘不过气了 大人 |
[1:02:27] | No marvel, you have so bestirred your valour, | 难怪 你刚刚那么英勇 |
[1:02:30] | you cowardly rascal, nature disclaims in thee – | 你这懦弱的流氓 没有半点人性 |
[1:02:32] | a tailor made thee. | 裁缝造了你 |
[1:02:34] | Thou art a strange fellow – a tailor make a man? | 你真是怪人 裁缝造人吗 |
[1:02:36] | Ay, a tailor, sir – | 是的 裁缝 先生 |
[1:02:38] | a stone-cutter or painter could not have made him so ill, | 石匠或画家就算刚入行两年 |
[1:02:41] | though he had been but two years o’the trade. | 也不可能把他造得这样坏 |
[1:02:43] | Speak yet, how grew your quarrel? | 就说你们是怎么争执起来的 |
[1:02:46] | This ancient ruffian, sir, | 先生 这个老恶棍 |
[1:02:51] | whose life I have spared at suit of his grey beard… | 我看在他胡子都灰白的份上饶他一命 |
[1:02:55] | Thou whoreson zed! Thou unnecessary letter! | 你哥婊子养的 完全没必要存在 |
[1:02:59] | Spare my grey beard, you wagtail? | 饶了我的灰白胡子 你个摇尾狗 |
[1:03:01] | Peace, sirrah. | 住口 先生 |
[1:03:04] | You beastly knave, know you no reverence? | 你这野蛮的恶棍 不懂尊敬吗 |
[1:03:06] | Yes, sir, but anger hath a privilege. | 懂 先生 但怒气忍不住 |
[1:03:09] | Why art thou angry? | 你愤怒什么呢 |
[1:03:11] | That such a slave as this should wear a sword, | 这样一个毫无忠诚的奴隶 |
[1:03:13] | who wears no honesty. | 居然佩剑 |
[1:03:16] | A plague upon your epileptic visage. | 你这歪曲的嘴脸真该遭天谴 |
[1:03:19] | Smile you my speeches as I were a fool? | 嘲笑我说的话 把我当傻子吗 |
[1:03:22] | Goose, if I had you upon Sarum plain, | 蠢鹅 要是我在塞勒姆原野上遇到你 |
[1:03:24] | I’d drive ye cackling home to Camelot. | 我会让你嘎嘎叫着滚回卡米洛 |
[1:03:24] | 传说中亚瑟王宫廷所在 | |
[1:03:26] | What, art thou mad, old fellow? | 什么 你疯了吗 老家伙 |
[1:03:28] | How fell you out? Say that. | 你们为什么争吵 说啊 |
[1:03:30] | No contraries hold more antipathy | 天下没有比我和这恶棍 |
[1:03:32] | than I and such a knave. | 更水火不容的了 |
[1:03:35] | Why dost thou call him a knave? What is his fault? | 你为什么骂他恶棍 他做错了什么 |
[1:03:39] | His countenance likes me not. | 他长的就不让我待见 |
[1:03:44] | No more perchance does mine, nor his, nor hers. | 我的脸恐怕也不讨你喜 还有他的 她的 |
[1:03:48] | Sir, it is my occupation to be plain – | 先生 我向来有话直说 |
[1:03:53] | I have seen better faces in my time | 我曾见过几张面孔 |
[1:03:56] | than stands on any shoulder | 比眼前你们这些嘴脸 |
[1:03:59] | that I see Before me at this instant. | 都漂亮 |
[1:04:06] | What was th’offence you gave him? | 你怎么惹到他了 |
[1:04:11] | I never gave him any! | 我从没招惹他 |
[1:04:16] | It pleased the king his master very late | 他的主人国王最近 |
[1:04:20] | to strike at me upon his misconstruction, | 因一些误会要打我 |
[1:04:25] | When he, compact and flattering his displeasure, | 而他 当即向国王谄媚 |
[1:04:29] | tripped me behind – | 从背后绊倒我 |
[1:04:30] | being down, insulted, railed, | 我倒下后 他还大肆辱骂 |
[1:04:34] | and put upon him such a deal of man | 好像自己有了英雄气概 |
[1:04:38] | that worthied him, got praises of the King | 居然因欺负一个忍辱负重的人 |
[1:04:42] | for him attempting who was self-subdued – | 得到了国王的赞赏 |
[1:04:45] | and in the fleshment of this dread exploit | 而且刚尝过胜利的滋味 |
[1:04:48] | drew on me here again. | 又在这里挑衅我了 |
[1:04:49] | None of these rogues and cowards but Ajax is their fool. | 这些流氓懦夫都把埃阿斯[神话英雄]当傻瓜 |
[1:04:54] | Oh, fetch forth the stocks, ho! | 取脚枷来 |
[1:04:57] | You stubborn, ancient knave, you reverend braggart, | 你个顽固的老恶棍 你个大吹货 |
[1:05:02] | – we’ll teach you. – Sir, I am too old to learn. | -我来教训教训你 -先生 我老得学不动了 |
[1:05:06] | Call not your stocks for me. I serve the King – | 别拿枷教训我 我效忠国王 |
[1:05:10] | on whose employment I was sent to you. | 就是他派我来这里 |
[1:05:13] | You shall do small respect, show too bold malice | 你要是不顾他的面子 |
[1:05:16] | against the grace and person of my master, | 给他的使者上枷 |
[1:05:19] | stocking his messenger. | 就是对国王不敬 |
[1:05:22] | Fetch forth the stocks! | 取脚枷来 |
[1:05:25] | As I have life and honour, there shall he sit till noon. | 只要我一息还在 就要让他在那里坐到中午 |
[1:05:28] | Till noon? | 到中午 |
[1:05:30] | Till night, my lord, and all night too. | 到晚上 夫君 锁他一整夜 |
[1:05:35] | Madam, if I were your father’s dog… | 夫人 就算我是你父亲的狗 |
[1:05:40] | ..you should not use me so. | 你也不该这么对我 |
[1:05:41] | Sir, being his knave, I will. | 先生 你是他的下人 我就会这样 |
[1:05:44] | This is a fellow of the selfsame colour – our sister speaks of. | 这人和姐姐信上说的一模一样 |
[1:05:49] | Come, bring away the stocks. | 快 拿脚枷来 |
[1:05:50] | Let me beseech your grace not to do so. | 我劝公爵不要这么做 |
[1:05:54] | The King, his master, needs must take it ill | 如果把国王的信使拘禁 |
[1:05:56] | that he, so slightly valued in his servant, | 国王失了体面 |
[1:05:58] | – should have him thus restrained. – I’ll answer that. | -肯定会恼怒的 -我来承担 |
[1:06:01] | My sister may receive it much more worse | 如果我姐姐的使者 |
[1:06:03] | to have her gentleman abused, assaulted, | 奉命行事却被羞辱攻击 |
[1:06:05] | for following her affairs. | 她会更恼怒的 |
[1:06:07] | Put in his legs. | 把他的腿放进去 |
[1:06:28] | Come, my good lord, away. | 来吧 夫人 我们走 |
[1:06:33] | I am sorry for thee, friend – ’tis the Duke’s pleasure, | 抱歉 朋友 这是公爵的命令 |
[1:06:37] | whose disposition all the world well knows | 全世界都知道他这个人 |
[1:06:39] | will not be rubbed nor stopped. | 是不听劝阻的 |
[1:06:42] | I’ll entreat for thee. | 我会为你求情的 |
[1:06:43] | Pray you do not, sir. | 请不要 先生 |
[1:06:45] | I have watched and travelled hard. | 我一路警醒 奔波疲累 |
[1:06:48] | Some time I’ll sleep out, the rest I’ll whistle. | 我可以趁机睡会 醒了可以吹吹口哨 |
[1:06:52] | A good man’s fortune may grow out at heels. | 好人也有倒霉的时候 |
[1:06:55] | Give you good morrow. | 提前祝你早安 |
[1:06:58] | The Duke’s to blame in this – | 这是公爵的错 |
[1:07:00] | ’twill be ill taken. | 会被国王怪罪的 |
[1:07:03] | Approach, thou beacon to this underglobe, | 来啊 照亮人间的灯塔 |
[1:07:07] | that by thy comfortable beams I may peruse this letter. | 借你柔和的光我能看这封信 |
[1:07:10] | I know ’tis from Cordelia, | 我知道这是考狄利娅写的 |
[1:07:12] | who hath most fortunately been informed of my obscured course… | 幸好她得知了我乔装追随国王的事 |
[1:07:18] | ..And “Shall find time from this enormous state, | 她说”将会在这僵局中 |
[1:07:24] | “seeking to give Losses their remedies.” | 寻机补救一切” |
[1:07:29] | Take vantage, heavy eyes, | 疲惫的双眼 趁着这个机会 |
[1:07:31] | not to behold this shameful lodging. | 别再看这可耻的地方了 |
[1:07:36] | Fortune, good night – | 命运 晚安 |
[1:07:39] | smile once more, turn thy wheel. | 再微笑一次吧 转动命运之轮 |
[1:07:51] | Villain! | 恶徒 |
[1:07:54] | Pursue! | 追捕他 |
[1:07:55] | He which finds him shall deserve our thanks. | 发现他的人 我们有赏 |
[1:07:59] | Go after him! | 追上他 |
[1:08:01] | – Bringing the murderous coward… – Murderous coward! | -把那个杀人的懦夫带来 -杀人的懦夫 |
[1:08:05] | He shall not escape! | 他逃不掉的 |
[1:08:08] | Pursue him… | 追捕他 |
[1:08:10] | Go after him. | 追上他 |
[1:08:13] | Pursue, pursue! | 抓住 抓住 |
[1:08:15] | – Let him fly far. – After! | -让他跑吧 -快追 |
[1:08:17] | – Not in this land shall he remain uncaught… – Edgar! | -只要在这里他绝对逃不掉 -爱德加 |
[1:08:20] | And found… | 找到… |
[1:08:22] | – dispatch’d. – You shall not escape! | -处决 -你逃不掉的 |
[1:08:25] | Follow! | 追 |
[1:08:31] | Murderous coward! | 杀人的懦夫 |
[1:08:32] | That he which finds him shall deserve our thanks, | 发现他的人 我们有赏 |
[1:08:35] | bringing the murderous coward to the stake. | 让这个杀人的懦夫受刑 |
[1:08:37] | He that conceals him, death. | 包庇他的人 死路一条 |
[1:08:40] | You shall not escape! | 你逃不掉的 |
[1:08:44] | Poor Tom, poor Tom! | 可怜的汤姆 可怜的汤姆 |
[1:08:59] | Poor Tom! | 可怜的汤姆 |
[1:09:06] | Edgar I nothing am. | 要是爱德加 就活不了了 |
[1:09:14] | ‘Tis strange they should so depart from home | 真奇怪 他们不在家 |
[1:09:17] | and not send back my messenger. | 又不遣回我的使者 |
[1:09:19] | As I learned, | 据我所知 |
[1:09:20] | the night before there was no purpose in them of this remove. | 她们昨晚还没离家的想法 |
[1:09:23] | Hail to thee, noble master. | 给您请安了 陛下 |
[1:09:27] | Mak’st thou this shame thy pastime? | 你在把这羞耻当消遣吗 |
[1:09:31] | No, my lord. | 不 陛下 |
[1:09:32] | Ha, ha, look… | 看 |
[1:09:36] | he wears cruel garters. | 他戴着痛苦的吊袜带 |
[1:09:39] | What’s he that so much thy place mistook to set thee here? | 认错人了 谁把你锁在这里的 |
[1:09:43] | It is both he and she, your son and daughter. | 是他们 您的女婿和女儿 |
[1:09:48] | No. | 不 |
[1:09:50] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:09:52] | No, no, I say. | 我说 不 |
[1:09:54] | I say, yea. | 我说 是 |
[1:09:56] | No, no, they would not. | 不不 他们不会的 |
[1:09:58] | Yes, they have. | 是 他们就那么做了 |
[1:10:01] | By Jupiter, I swear, no. | 我对朱庇特神发誓 不 |
[1:10:03] | By Juno, I swear, ay. | 我对朱诺发誓 是 |
[1:10:05] | They durst not do it. | 他们不敢那么做 |
[1:10:07] | They could not, would not do it – | 他们不可能 不会那么做的 |
[1:10:10] | ’tis worse than murder | 这么不敬 |
[1:10:12] | to do upon respect such violent outrage. | 比谋杀更严重 |
[1:10:16] | Resolve me with all modest haste | 赶快告诉我 |
[1:10:18] | which way thou mightst deserve or they impose this usage, | 你奉了我的命令前来 究竟做了什么要受罚 |
[1:10:21] | coming from us. | 还是他们强加的 |
[1:10:22] | My lord, when at their home | 陛下 我把您的信 |
[1:10:24] | I did commend your highness’ letters to them, | 送去他们家的时候 |
[1:10:26] | Ere I was risen from the place that showed my duty kneeling, | 在我跪着还没站起时 |
[1:10:28] | came there a reeking post, | 来了一个臭烘烘的信使 |
[1:10:30] | Stewed in his haste, half breathless, | 急匆匆地 喘着气 |
[1:10:32] | panting forth from Goneril, his mistress, salutations. | 说替他的女主人高纳里尔带来致意 |
[1:10:36] | Delivered letters, spite of intermission, | 不管不顾打断我的公事 递交书信 |
[1:10:38] | which presently they read. | 他们当即阅读了 |
[1:10:40] | On those contents, | 看完信之后 |
[1:10:42] | summoned up their people, straight took horse, | 召集人马 牵出马匹 |
[1:10:44] | Commanded me to follow | 命令我跟随他们 |
[1:10:44] | and attend the leisure of their answer, gave me cold looks. | 等待他们的回应 还不给我好脸色 |
[1:10:48] | And meeting here the other messenger, | 然后我在这里见到了那个信使 |
[1:10:50] | Whose welcome I perceived had poisoned mine, | 于是我明白了正是因为他的到来毁了我的事情 |
[1:10:54] | Being the very fellow that of late displayed | 而他正是最近对您无礼的 |
[1:10:55] | so saucily against your highness. | 那位老兄 |
[1:10:58] | Having more man than wit about me, drew. | 我是有勇无谋的人 因此我对他拔剑相向 |
[1:11:01] | He raised the house with loud and coward cries. | 恁个胆小鬼立马大喊大叫 吵出了所有人 |
[1:11:05] | Your son and daughter found this trespass worth the shame | 您的女婿女儿认为因此我应当 |
[1:11:10] | which here it suffers. | 受到这种屈辱 |
[1:11:11] | Winter’s not gone yet, if the wild geese fly that way. | 倘若大雁尚未北飞 则冬天尚未结束 |
[1:11:15] | O, how this mother swells up toward my heart! | 一阵酸楚涌上心头 |
[1:11:19] | Hysterica passio, | 歇斯底里的情绪 |
[1:11:22] | down, thou climbing sorrow, | 压住了 爬上心头的悲伤 |
[1:11:25] | thy element’s below. | 给我压住了 |
[1:11:31] | Where is this daughter? | 我女儿在哪里 |
[1:11:33] | With the Earl, sir, here within. | 陛下 和伯爵一起在里面 |
[1:11:36] | Follow me not. | 不用跟着我 |
[1:11:39] | Stay here. | 待在这里 |
[1:11:43] | How chance the King comes with so small a number? | 国王带来的人怎么会这么少 |
[1:11:46] | If thou hadst been set I’the stocks for that question, | 如果你是因为问这个问题被上脚枷 |
[1:11:49] | thou had well deserved it. | 那也不冤 |
[1:11:51] | Why, fool? | 为什么 傻子 |
[1:11:55] | All who follow their noses are led by their eyes | 除了盲人 人们都是靠眼睛来引路 |
[1:11:58] | but blind men, | 而非鼻子 |
[1:12:00] | and there’s not a nose among 20 | 二十个鼻子里也没有一个鼻子 |
[1:12:02] | but can smell him that’s stinking. | 闻不出到倒霉人的臭味 |
[1:12:05] | Let go thy hold when a great wheel runs down a hill | 当巨轮滚下山时 就放手吧 |
[1:12:09] | lest it break thy neck with following it, | 如若拉着它则会摔断脖子 |
[1:12:13] | but the great one that goes upwards, | 但当巨轮向上走时 |
[1:12:18] | let him draw thee after. | 则要跟着抓紧 |
[1:12:21] | When a wise man gives thee better counsel give me mine again. | 如若有智者给你更好的建议 那就忘了我说的吧 |
[1:12:25] | I’ll have none but knaves follow it, | 傻瓜的话 |
[1:12:28] | for a fool gives it. | 只配混蛋听 |
[1:12:33] | *That sir which serves and seeks for gain* | *为谋利而来投效的人* |
[1:12:37] | *And follows but for form* | *表面上左右跟随* |
[1:12:40] | *Will pack when it begins to rain* | *一下雨便开始打包行李* |
[1:12:44] | *And leave thee in the storm* | *在风暴中离去* |
[1:12:48] | *But I will tarry,* | *但是我会停留* |
[1:12:52] | *the fool will stay* | *傻子会留下* |
[1:12:54] | *And let the wise man fly* | *让智者远走* |
[1:12:57] | *The knave turns fool that runs away* | *逃走的臣仆才是傻子* |
[1:13:00] | *The fool no knave perdy.* | *傻子真不是无赖* |
[1:13:06] | Where learned you this, fool? | 小丑 你在哪学的这个 |
[1:13:08] | Not I’the stocks, fool. | 反正不是在脚枷里 笨蛋 |
[1:13:11] | Deny to speak with me? | 拒绝和我说话 |
[1:13:14] | They are sick, they are weary. | 他们病了 累了 |
[1:13:16] | They have travelled all night? | 他们赶了一夜的路 |
[1:13:19] | Fetch me a better answer. | 再去问话 |
[1:13:20] | My dear lord, | 陛下 |
[1:13:21] | You know the fiery quality of the Duke, | 你知道公爵的暴脾气 |
[1:13:24] | How unremoveable and fixed he is n his own course. | 他多么一意孤行 倔强固执 |
[1:13:27] | Vengeance, plague, death, confusion! | 报应啊 倒霉 可恨 可恶 |
[1:13:31] | Fiery? What quality? | 暴躁 什么脾气 |
[1:13:35] | Why, Gloucester, Gloucester, | 为什么 葛罗斯特 葛罗斯特 |
[1:13:38] | I’d speak with the Duke of Cornwall and his wife. | 我要和康华尔公爵和他的妻子说话 |
[1:13:41] | Well, my good lord, I have informed them so. | 陛下 我已经跟他们说过了 |
[1:13:44] | Informed them? | 说过了 |
[1:13:46] | Dost thou understand me, man? | 你明白我的意思吗 |
[1:13:48] | Ay, my good lord. | 是的 陛下 |
[1:13:49] | The King would speak with Cornwall, | 国王要和康华尔说话 |
[1:13:51] | the dear father would with his daughter speak. | 父亲要和他的女儿说话 |
[1:13:54] | Commands – tends – service. | 这是命令 是义务 是职责 |
[1:13:55] | Are they informed of this? | 他们是否知晓 |
[1:13:57] | My breath and blood! | 我这满腔热血啊 |
[1:14:00] | Fiery? | 暴躁 |
[1:14:01] | The fiery Duke, tell the hot Duke that Lear… | 暴躁的公爵 告诉暴躁的公爵李尔… |
[1:14:08] | No, but not yet… | 不 等等 |
[1:14:12] | Maybe he is not well. | 也许他是病了 |
[1:14:15] | Infirmity doth still neglect all office | 虚弱确实会令人忽略 |
[1:14:17] | whereto our health is bound. | 健康时应尽的责任 |
[1:14:21] | Death on my state! Wherefore should he sit here? | 是我的错 那他又为什么被禁在这里 |
[1:14:26] | Give me my servant forth. | 把我的仆人放出来 |
[1:14:28] | Go tell the Duke and’s wife I’d speak with them, | 去告诉公爵和他的妻子我要和他们说话 |
[1:14:32] | Now, presently. Bid them come forth and hear me, | 立刻马上 吩咐他们前来听我说话 |
[1:14:36] | or at their chamber door I’ll beat the drum | 否则我将到他们门前击鼓 |
[1:14:38] | till it cry sleep to death. | 让他们睡不着 |
[1:14:39] | I would have all well betwixt you. | 但愿你们相安无事 |
[1:14:44] | O me, my heart! | 我的心啊 |
[1:14:47] | My rising heart! | 怒气攻心 |
[1:14:49] | But down! | 平息吧 |
[1:14:51] | Cry to it, Nuncle, | 喊出来吧 老伯 |
[1:14:52] | as the cockney did to the eels | 就像厨娘将活鳗鱼 |
[1:14:54] | when she put ’em I’the paste alive, | 放进面糊里 |
[1:14:56] | she knapped ’em o’the coxcombs with a stick, | 然后用棍子敲在它们头上 |
[1:14:58] | and cried “Down, wantons, down!” | 叫到”下去 混账 下去” |
[1:15:03] | ‘Twas her brother that in pure kindness to his horse | 倒是她的兄弟对他的马心存善意 |
[1:15:06] | buttered his hay. | 给他的草料加了黄油 |
[1:15:20] | Good morrow to you both. | 两位早上好 |
[1:15:21] | Hail to your grace! | 给陛下请安 |
[1:15:23] | I am glad to see your highness. | 很高兴见到您 陛下 |
[1:15:26] | Regan, I think you are. | 芮根 我想你确实高兴 |
[1:15:29] | I know what reason I have to think so. | 我也有理由这么认为 |
[1:15:32] | If thou shouldst not be glad, | 如若你不高兴 |
[1:15:34] | I’d divorce me from thy mother’s tomb, | 我得和你已故的母亲离婚 |
[1:15:36] | sepulchring an adultress. | 把她的坟墓视为淫妇的丘陇 |
[1:15:39] | O, are you free? | 放你出来了 |
[1:15:43] | Some other time for that. | 这事稍后再说 |
[1:15:47] | Beloved Regan. | 亲爱的芮根 |
[1:15:50] | Thy sister’s naught. | 你姐姐不是东西 |
[1:15:53] | O, Regan, she hath tied | 芮根 她牙尖嘴利 |
[1:15:56] | sharp-toothed unkindness, like a vulture, here. | 不近人情 就像个秃鹫 |
[1:16:01] | I can scarce speak to thee | 你可能不相信 |
[1:16:03] | thou’lt not believe with how depraved a quality… | 我的语言都不足以描述她的道德有多败坏… |
[1:16:07] | O, Regan! | 芮根 |
[1:16:07] | I pray you, sir, take patience. | 我请您耐心一点 |
[1:16:10] | I have hope you less know how to value her desert | 我觉得是您看错了她 |
[1:16:13] | than she to scant her duty. | 而不是她对您失礼 |
[1:16:15] | Say, how is that? | 怎么说 |
[1:16:17] | I cannot think my sister in the least | 我认为姐姐最不可能做的事情就是 |
[1:16:19] | would fail her obligation. | 不尽义务 |
[1:16:22] | If so, perchance, sir, | 若是如此 或许 |
[1:16:24] | she have restrained the riots of your followers, | 她确实约束了您随从们的行径 |
[1:16:27] | ’tis on such ground, | 这体现了她顾虑周到 |
[1:16:29] | and to such wholesome end | 理由充足 |
[1:16:30] | as clears her from all blame. | 说明她没有错 |
[1:16:32] | My curses on her! | 我诅咒她 |
[1:16:34] | O, sir, you are old. | 陛下 您老了 |
[1:16:38] | Nature in you stands on the very verge of her confine. | 您已经到了风烛残年 |
[1:16:41] | You should be ruled and led by some discretion | 您应该由比您自己更能照顾您的人 |
[1:16:44] | that discerns your state better than you yourself. | 来约束与指导您 |
[1:16:46] | Therefore I pray you | 因此我求你 |
[1:16:48] | that to our sister you do make return. | 回到姐姐那里去 |
[1:16:50] | Say you have wronged her, sir. | 告诉她您看错她了 |
[1:16:52] | Ask her forgiveness? | 然后请求她的原谅 |
[1:16:55] | Do you but mark how this becomes the house? | 你听听这说的是人话吗 |
[1:16:59] | Dear daughter, I confess that I am old. | 亲爱的女儿 我承认我老了 |
[1:17:03] | Age is unnecessary. | 老年人确实多余 |
[1:17:04] | On my knees I beg | 我跪下请求 |
[1:17:06] | you’ll vouchsafe me raiment, bed and food. | 你能赐予我住宿食物与衣服 |
[1:17:08] | Good sir, no more. These are unsightly tricks. | 陛下 不要搞这些难看的把戏 |
[1:17:10] | Return you to my sister. | 回到我姐姐那里去 |
[1:17:12] | Never, Regan! | 绝不 芮根 |
[1:17:15] | She hath abated me of half my train, | 她令我的侍卫裁减了一半 |
[1:17:18] | Looked black upon me, | 对我施以颜色 |
[1:17:20] | struck me with her tongue most serpent-like, | 以毒蛇般的舌头 |
[1:17:22] | upon the very heart. | 刺伤我的心 |
[1:17:25] | All the stored vengeances of heaven | 愿上天所有的积怒 |
[1:17:27] | fall on her ingrateful top! | 降临在她忘恩负义的头上 |
[1:17:30] | Strike her young bones, | 不详的妖风啊 |
[1:17:32] | you taking airs, with lameness! | 请你无情地打击她未出生的骨肉吧 |
[1:17:34] | Fie, sir, fie! | 别说了 陛下 |
[1:17:36] | You nimble lightnings, | 敏捷的闪电啊 |
[1:17:37] | dart your blinding flames into her scornful eyes! | 将你的烈焰照瞎她恶毒的眼睛 |
[1:17:41] | Infect her beauty, ou fen-sucked fogs, | 烈日从沼泽中蒸发出的浓雾啊 |
[1:17:44] | drawn by the powerful sun to fall and blister! | 毁了她的容貌 |
[1:17:47] | O, the blest gods! | 圣母玛利亚啊 |
[1:17:49] | So will you wish on me when the rash mood is on. | 你要是发起脾气来 是不是也要同样诅咒我 |
[1:17:52] | No, Regan, | 不会的 芮根 |
[1:17:54] | thou shalt never have my curse. | 我永远不会诅咒你 |
[1:17:57] | Thy tender-hefted nature | 你温柔的本性 |
[1:17:59] | will not give thee o’er to harshness. | 不会使你变得凶残 |
[1:18:03] | Her eyes are fierce, | 她的眼神凶残 |
[1:18:05] | but thine do comfort and not burn. | 而你的确舒服可人 |
[1:18:08] | Thou better knowst the offices of nature, | 你更加明白责任义务 |
[1:18:13] | bond of childhood, | 亲情纽带 |
[1:18:15] | Effects of courtesy, dues of gratitude. | 礼貌和恩义 |
[1:18:19] | Thy half o’ the kingdom hast thou not forgot, | 我给你的那一半国土 |
[1:18:21] | wherein I thee endowed. | 你还没有忘记 |
[1:18:23] | Good sir, to the purpose. | 陛下 有话直说吧 |
[1:18:29] | Who put my man in the stocks? | 是谁把我的侍从锁上脚枷的 |
[1:18:33] | What trumpet’s that? | 哪里来的喇叭声 |
[1:18:34] | I know’t, my sister’s, | 是我姐姐的 |
[1:18:36] | this approves her letter that she would soon be here, | 她信上说了要来的 |
[1:18:38] | is your lady come? | 是你家夫人吗 |
[1:18:39] | This is a slave, whose easy borrowed pride | 这奴才 依仗他女主人一时的恩宠 |
[1:18:42] | dwells in the fickle grace of her he follows. | 便狐假虎威 |
[1:18:44] | Out, varlet, from my sight! | 去 奴才 滚开 |
[1:18:46] | What means your grace? | 殿下你这是什么意思 |
[1:18:48] | Who stocked my servant?! | 谁给我的侍从上了脚枷 |
[1:18:51] | Regan, | 芮根 |
[1:18:53] | I have good hope you did not know on’t. | 我猜你并不知情 |
[1:18:57] | Who comes here? | 是谁来了 |
[1:19:02] | O heavens! | 天啊 |
[1:19:04] | If you do love old men, | 如果你真的爱护老人 |
[1:19:07] | if your sweet sway allow obedience, | 如果孝道也是属于你的善行的 |
[1:19:11] | if you yourselves are old, | 如果你也是个老人 |
[1:19:13] | make it your cause. | 请你帮助老年人吧 |
[1:19:14] | Send down, and take my part! | 派你的使者来帮助我吧 |
[1:19:19] | Art not ashamed to look upon this beard? | 你看到我这把胡须不觉得羞愧吗 |
[1:19:25] | O, Regan, will you take her by the hand? | 芮根 你居然还拉她的手 |
[1:19:29] | Why not by the hand, my lord? How have I offended? | 陛下 为什么不能拉手 我怎么冒犯你了 |
[1:19:34] | All’s not offence that indiscretion finds | 老朽昏聩的人认为的罪状 |
[1:19:37] | and dotage terms so. | 全都不是罪 |
[1:19:38] | O sides, you are too tough! | 我的胸膛 太坚韧了 |
[1:19:42] | Will you yet hold? | 你还能包涵吗 |
[1:19:46] | How came my man I’the stocks? | 为什么我的手下被上了脚枷 |
[1:19:49] | I put him there, sir, | 陛下 是我 |
[1:19:51] | but his own disorders deserved much less advancement. | 他的行为理应受到更重的刑罚 |
[1:19:54] | You? Did you?! | 你 是你 |
[1:19:56] | I pray you, father, being weak, seem so. | 父亲 你身子不好 不要逞强 |
[1:19:59] | If till the expiration of your month | 要是您现在仍旧回去跟姐姐住在一起 |
[1:20:02] | you will return and sojourn with my sister, | 裁撤您的一半的侍从 |
[1:20:04] | dismissing half your train, come then to me. | 那么等住满了一个月 再到我这儿来吧 |
[1:20:07] | I am now from home and out of that provision | 我现在不在自己家里 |
[1:20:09] | which shall be needful for your entertainment. | 要供养您也有许多不便 |
[1:20:12] | Return to her? And 50 men dismissed? | 回到她那去 裁撤五十名侍从 |
[1:20:16] | No! | 不 |
[1:20:17] | Rather I abjure all roofs | 我宁愿什么屋子也不要住 |
[1:20:20] | and choose to wage against the enmity o’th’ air – | 和无情的大自然抗争 |
[1:20:23] | To be a comrade with the wolf and owl – | 和豺狼鸱鸮做伴侣 |
[1:20:25] | Necessity’s sharp pinch! | 忍受一切饥寒的痛苦 |
[1:20:27] | Return with her? | 回去跟她住在一起 |
[1:20:28] | Persuade me rather to be slave and sumpter | 我宁愿到那娶了我的没有嫁奁的小女儿去的 |
[1:20:31] | to this detested groom. | 热情的法兰西国王的座前匍匐膝行 |
[1:20:32] | At your choice, sir. | 随你的便 |
[1:20:34] | Now I prithee, daughter, do not make me mad – | 女儿 请你不要使我发疯 |
[1:20:38] | I will not trouble thee, my child. | 我也不愿再来打扰你了 我的孩子 |
[1:20:41] | Farewell. | 再会吧 |
[1:20:42] | We’ll no more meet, no more see one another. | 我们从此不再相见 |
[1:20:46] | Yet thou art my flesh, | 可是你是我的肉 |
[1:20:51] | my blood, my daughter, | 我的血 我的女儿 |
[1:20:54] | or rather a disease that’s in my flesh, | 或者还不如说是我身体上的一个恶瘤 |
[1:20:57] | which I must needs call mine. | 不能不承认你是我的 |
[1:21:00] | Thou art a boil, | 一个疖子 |
[1:21:02] | a plague sore, | 一个瘀块 |
[1:21:03] | or embossed carbuncle in my corrupted blood. | 一个肿毒的疔疮 |
[1:21:07] | But I’ll not chide thee. | 可是我不愿责骂你 |
[1:21:09] | Let shame come when it will – | 让羞辱自己降临你的身上吧 |
[1:21:10] | I do not call it, I do not bid the thunder-bearer shoot, | 我没有呼召它 我不要求天雷把你殛死 |
[1:21:13] | nor tell tales of thee to high-judging Jove. | 我也不把你的忤逆向垂察善恶的天神控诉 |
[1:21:16] | Mend when thou canst, be better at thy leisure, | 你回去仔细想一想 趁早痛改前非 |
[1:21:18] | I can be patient, | 我可以忍耐 |
[1:21:19] | I can stay with Regan, I and my hundred knights. | 我可以带着我的一百个骑士 跟芮根住在一起 |
[1:21:23] | Not altogether so, sir. | 那绝对不行 |
[1:21:24] | I looked not for you yet, | 现在还轮不到我 |
[1:21:26] | nor am provided for your fit welcome. | 我也没有预备好招待您的礼数 |
[1:21:28] | Give ear, sir, to my sister – | 父亲 听我姐姐的话吧 |
[1:21:31] | For those that mingle reason with your passion | 人家冷眼看着您这种愤怒的神气 |
[1:21:33] | must be content to think you are old, and so… | 他们心里都要说您因为老了 |
[1:21:37] | But she knows what she does. | 可是姐姐是知道她自己该怎样做的 |
[1:21:39] | – Is this well spoken now? – I dare avouch it, sir. | -这是你的好意的劝告吗 -是的 没错 |
[1:21:43] | What, 50 followers? | 怎么 五十名侍卫 |
[1:21:46] | Is it not well? | 这不是很好吗 |
[1:21:48] | What should you need of more? | 再多一些有什么用处 |
[1:21:49] | Yea, or so many, sith that both charge and danger | 就是这么许多人 别说供养他们不起 |
[1:21:53] | speak ‘gainst so great a number? | 他们成群结党 也是一件危险的事 |
[1:21:54] | How in one house should many people, | 一间屋子里养了这许多人 |
[1:21:56] | under two commands, hold amity? | 受着两个主人支配 怎么不会发生争闹 |
[1:21:59] | ‘Tis hard, almost impossible. | 简直不成话 |
[1:22:02] | Why might not you, my lord, | 父亲 您为什么 |
[1:22:03] | receive attendance from those | 不让我们的仆人 |
[1:22:05] | that she calls servants or from mine? | 侍候您呢 |
[1:22:07] | Why not, my lord? | 那不是很好吗 |
[1:22:08] | If then they chanced to slack ye we could control them. | 要是他们怠慢了您 我们也可以训斥他们 |
[1:22:12] | If you will come to me… | 您下回到我这来的时候 |
[1:22:15] | ..For now I spy a danger, | 请您只带二十五个人来 |
[1:22:17] | I do entreat you to bring | 因为现在我已经 |
[1:22:18] | but five and twenty | 预见了危险 |
[1:22:21] | to no more will I give place or notice. | 超过这个数目 我是恕不招待的 |
[1:22:27] | I gave you all. | 我把一切都给了你们 |
[1:22:29] | And in good time you gave it. | 您幸好及时给了我们 |
[1:22:31] | Made you my guardians, my depositaries, | 叫你们做我的代理人 保管者 |
[1:22:35] | But kept a reservation | 我的唯一的条件 |
[1:22:37] | to be followed with such a number. | 只是让我保留这么多的侍从 |
[1:22:41] | What, | 什么 |
[1:22:43] | must I come to you With five and twenty? | 我只能带二十五个人到你这来 |
[1:22:46] | Regan, said you so? | 芮根 你这样说的 |
[1:22:49] | And speak’t again, my lord – no more with me. | 再说一遍 我只允许您带这么多 |
[1:22:52] | What need you five and twenty? Ten? Or five? | 不但用不着二十五人 就是十个五个都多余 |
[1:22:56] | To follow in a house where twice so many | 我们家里难道没有 |
[1:22:58] | have a command to tend you? | 两倍多的仆人可以侍候您 |
[1:23:00] | What need one? | 一个也不需要 |
[1:23:01] | O, reason not the need! | 不要跟我说什么需要不需要 |
[1:23:06] | Our basest beggars | 最卑贱的乞丐 |
[1:23:08] | are in the poorest thing superfluous. | 也有他的不值钱的身外之物 |
[1:23:12] | Allow not nature more than nature needs, | 人生除了天然的需要以外 |
[1:23:15] | man’s life’s as cheap as beast’s. | 那和畜类的生活有什么分别 |
[1:23:18] | Thou art a lady – If only to go warm were gorgeous, | 你是一位夫人 你穿着这样华丽的衣服 |
[1:23:22] | Why, nature needs not what thou gorgeous wear’st, | 如果你的目的只是为了保持温暖 |
[1:23:25] | which scarcely keeps thee warm. | 那就根本不合你的需要 |
[1:23:28] | But for true need – | 讲到真的需要 |
[1:23:30] | O, you heavens, give me that patience, | 那么天啊 让我忍耐吧 |
[1:23:34] | patience I need! | 我需要忍耐 |
[1:23:38] | You see me here, you gods, a poor old man, | 神啊 你们看见我在这儿 一个可怜的老头子 |
[1:23:42] | as full of grief as age, wretched in both. | 被忧伤和老迈折磨得好苦 |
[1:23:47] | If it be you that stir these daughters’ hearts | 假如是你们鼓动这两个女儿的心 |
[1:23:50] | against their father, | 使她们忤逆她们的父亲 |
[1:23:52] | fool me not so much to bear it tamely. | 那么请你们不要尽是愚弄我 |
[1:23:56] | Touch me with noble anger, | 让我的心里激起了刚强的怒火 |
[1:24:00] | and let not women’s weapons, water-drops, | 别让妇人所恃为武器的泪点 |
[1:24:04] | stain my man’s cheeks! | 玷污我的男子汉的面颊 |
[1:24:06] | No, you unnatural hags | 不 你们这两个不孝的妖妇 |
[1:24:11] | I will have such revenges on you both | 我要向你们复仇 |
[1:24:15] | That all the world shall… | 向整个世界 |
[1:24:18] | I will do such things – | 我要做出一些 |
[1:24:21] | What they are yet I know not, | 虽然我现在还不知道我要怎么做 |
[1:24:24] | but they will be the terrors of the earth! | 使全世界惊怖的事情来 |
[1:24:28] | You think I’ll weep, no, I’ll not weep. | 你们以为我将要哭泣 不 我不愿哭泣 |
[1:24:31] | I have full cause of weeping, | 我虽然有充分的哭泣的理由 |
[1:24:34] | but this heart will break into a hundred thousand flaws | 可是我宁愿让这颗心碎成万片 |
[1:24:38] | Or e’er I shall weep. | 也不愿流下一滴泪来 |
[1:24:42] | O fool, I shall go mad. | 傻瓜 我要发疯了 |
[1:25:02] | Let us withdraw – | 我们进去吧 |
[1:25:05] | ’twill be a storm. | 一场暴风雨将要来了 |
[1:25:06] | This house is little. | 这座房屋太小了 |
[1:25:10] | The old man and’s people Cannot be well bestowed. | 这老头带着他那班人来是容纳不下的 |
[1:25:13] | ‘Tis his own blame | 是他自己不好 |
[1:25:15] | hath put himself from rest | 放着安逸的日子不过 |
[1:25:17] | and must needs taste his folly. | 一定要吃些苦才知道自己的蠢 |
[1:25:19] | For his particular, I’ll receive him gladly, | 单是他一个人 我倒也很愿意收留他 |
[1:25:21] | but not one follower. | 但不会收留他的那班跟随的人 |
[1:25:23] | So am I purposed. | 我也是这个意思 |
[1:25:25] | Where is my lord of Gloucester? | 葛罗斯特伯爵呢 |
[1:25:27] | The King is in high rage. | 王上正在盛怒之中 |
[1:25:29] | Whither is he going? | 他要到哪去 |
[1:25:30] | He calls to horse, but will I know not whither. | 他叫人备马 可是不让我知道他要去哪 |
[1:25:34] | ‘Tis best to give him way – he leads himself. | 还是不要管他 随他自己的意思吧 |
[1:25:37] | My lord, entreat him by no means to stay. | 伯爵 您千万不要留他 |
[1:25:40] | Alack, the night comes on, | 天色暗起来了 |
[1:25:43] | and the high winds do sorely ruffle – | 田野里都在刮着狂风 |
[1:25:46] | for many miles about there’s scarce a bush. | 方圆几里之内 连一株小小的树木都没有 |
[1:25:48] | O, sir, to wilful men | 伯爵 对于刚愎自用的人 |
[1:25:51] | the injuries they themselves procure | 只好让他们自己招致的灾祸 |
[1:25:53] | must be their schoolmasters. | 教训他们 |
[1:25:58] | Shut up your doors. | 关上您的门 |
[1:26:03] | Shut up your doors, my lord | 关上您的门 伯爵 |
[1:26:05] | ’tis a wild night. | 这是一个狂暴的晚上 |
[1:26:07] | My Regan counsels well | 我家芮根说得一点不错 |
[1:26:09] | come out o’the storm. | 快躲开风暴吧 |
[1:26:16] | Alack, Edmund, I like not this unnatural dealing. | 爱德蒙 我不喜欢这种伤天害理的勾当 |
[1:26:19] | When I desired their leave that I might pity him, | 当我恳求他们允许我怜悯他 |
[1:26:22] | they took from me the use of mine own house, | 他们使我流离失所 |
[1:26:25] | charged me on pain of perpetual displeasure | 令我永世辗转 |
[1:26:27] | neither to speak of him, entreat for him, | 不得再提起他 不得为他求情 |
[1:26:30] | or any way sustain him. | 不得施以援手 |
[1:26:32] | Most savage and unnatural. | 这真是最野蛮无情的行径 |
[1:26:34] | Go to, go to. Say you nothing. | 来来 你一个字都不可透露 |
[1:26:38] | There is division between the dukes, | 两位公爵间已经有了间隙 |
[1:26:41] | and a worse matter than that. | 还有更糟的事 |
[1:26:44] | I have received a letter | 今晚我收到了一封信 |
[1:26:45] | this night – ’tis dangerous to be spoken – | 连谈及此都很危险 |
[1:26:48] | I have locked the letter in my closet. | 我已经把这封信锁在我的壁橱里了 |
[1:26:52] | These injuries the King now bears will be revenged home. | 国王今日创剧痛深 来日定要报仇雪恨 |
[1:26:56] | There is part of a power from France already footed – | 部分法国军队已经登陆了 |
[1:26:59] | we must incline to the King. | 我们必须对国王忠心耿耿 |
[1:27:02] | I will look him and privily relieve him. | 我要去找他 暗中救济他 |
[1:27:04] | Go you and maintain talk with the Duke, | 你且去陪公爵讲讲话 |
[1:27:06] | that my charity be not of him perceived. | 别让他看出来我在救济国王 |
[1:27:08] | If he ask for me, I am ill and gone to bed. | 如果公爵问起我 就说我病了睡下了 |
[1:27:14] | If I die for it – as no less is threatened me – | 他们用生命来威胁我 纵使我因此而死 |
[1:27:18] | the King my old master must be relieved. | 也不能不救我的旧主 我的国王 |
[1:27:28] | There is strange things toward, Edmund – | 要大事临头了 爱德蒙 |
[1:27:30] | pray you, be careful. | 你千万要仔细了 |
[1:27:39] | This courtesy, forbid thee, | 这番殷勤是犯了禁令的 |
[1:27:44] | shall the Duke instantly know and of that letter too. | 我要立刻通知公爵 还有那封信 |
[1:27:49] | This seems a fair deserving | 这是能邀大功的 |
[1:27:52] | and must draw me that which my father loses, | 一定能让我重得我父亲失去的一切 |
[1:27:55] | no less than all. | 重得一切 一分不少 |
[1:27:59] | The younger rises when the old doth fall. | 长江后浪推前浪 |
[1:28:11] | Blow winds and crack your cheeks! | 狂风吹吧 吹破了你的脸颊 |
[1:28:17] | Rage, blow! | 疯狂地吹吧 |
[1:28:20] | You cataracts and hurricanoes, | 你这如飞瀑般奔涌的狂风暴雨 |
[1:28:24] | spout till you have drenched our steeples, | 倾盆而下直到淹没了我们的塔尖 |
[1:28:28] | drowned the cocks! | 溺死了塔尖上的风标 |
[1:28:31] | You sulphurous and thought-executing fires, | 你这如思想般迅猛的硫磺火花 |
[1:28:35] | Vaunt-couriers to oak-cleaving thunderbolts, | 劈裂橡木的霹雳前驱 |
[1:28:38] | Singe my white head! | 烧焦了我的白头 |
[1:28:40] | And thou, all-shaking thunder, | 而你这震撼万物的万钧雷霆 |
[1:28:43] | Strike flat the thick rotundity o’the world, | 踏平那膏腴之地 |
[1:28:47] | Crack nature’s moulds, all germens spill at once | 击裂那丰茂之壤 |
[1:28:50] | That make ingrateful man! | 不要让那些白眼狼留下一颗种子 |
[1:28:53] | O, Nuncle! | 老伯 |
[1:28:56] | Court holy-water in a dry house | 在干旱的房屋里说几句甜言蜜语 |
[1:28:59] | is better than this rain-water out o’doors. | 总比屋外的疾风暴雨好得多 |
[1:29:02] | In, good Nuncle, and beg thy daughters’ blessing. | 老伯 进去乞求你女儿们的祝福吧 |
[1:29:06] | Here’s a night pities neither wise men nor fools. | 这个夜晚无论对智者还是愚人都不会怜悯 |
[1:29:10] | Rumble thy bellyful! | 满世界的轰隆作响 |
[1:29:12] | Spit, fire, spout, rain! | 烈火喷发吧 暴雨奔涌吧 |
[1:29:15] | Nor rain, wind, thunder, fire are my daughters – | 风雨雷电 你们都不是我的女儿 |
[1:29:19] | I tax not you, you elements, with unkindness. | 我不怪你们一丝一毫 不怪你们残忍无情 |
[1:29:23] | I never gave you kingdom, called you children – | 我从未把国土传给你们 也未唤过你们一声孩子 |
[1:29:27] | You owe me no subscription. | 你们对我没有责任 |
[1:29:29] | Why then, let fall Your horrible pleasure. | 所以尽管享受你们令人恐惧的乐趣吧 |
[1:29:32] | Here I stand, your slave, | 我立于此地 我是你们的奴隶 |
[1:29:34] | A poor, infirm, weak and despised old man. | 一个贫穷孱弱遭人鄙夷的老人 |
[1:29:38] | But yet I call you servile ministers | 但是我还要把你们叫做卑鄙的使徒 |
[1:29:41] | That will with two pernicious daughters | 因为你们也响应那两个恶毒的女儿 |
[1:29:44] | join your high-engendered battles against a head | 布下了天罗地网 |
[1:29:46] | So old and white as this. | 来攻击我这样年老无力的人 |
[1:29:48] | – O ho! ‘Tis foul. – ‘Tis foul! | -这太卑鄙了 -这太卑鄙了 |
[1:29:51] | He that has a house to put his head in has a good headpiece. | 有头脑的人会准备好一间房屋藏头 |
[1:29:56] | *The codpiece that will house* | *头还没有地方藏* |
[1:29:58] | *Before the head has any* | *阳物先要找住房* |
[1:30:00] | *The head and he will louse* | *头和阳物都生虱* |
[1:30:02] | *So beggars marry many* | *多少乞丐娶新娘* |
[1:30:04] | *The man that makes his toe* | *一个人若把脚趾* |
[1:30:06] | *What he his heart should make* | *当做了他的心尖* |
[1:30:07] | *Shall of a corn cry woe* | *会因鸡眼而叫苦* |
[1:30:09] | *And turn his sleep to wake.* | *睡梦之中也失眠* |
[1:30:11] | For there was never yet fair woman | 因为从来没有一个美女 |
[1:30:14] | but she would make mouths in a glass. | 不曾对着镜子做鬼脸 |
[1:30:18] | No, I will be the pattern of all patience, | 不 我要忍受他人不能忍受之苦 |
[1:30:22] | I will say nothing. | 我要静默不言 |
[1:30:24] | Who’s there? | 谁在那边 |
[1:30:26] | Marry, here’s grace and a codpiece | 这里既有阳春白雪也有下里巴人 |
[1:30:28] | that’s a wise man and a fool. | 一个是智者一个是愚人 |
[1:30:31] | Alas, sir, are you here? | 先生 你在这里吗 |
[1:30:33] | Things that love night Love not such nights as these. | 就是喜欢深夜的 也不会喜欢这样的夜 |
[1:30:36] | The wrathful skies | 这盛怒的天色 |
[1:30:37] | Gallow the very wanderers of the dark, | 震慑住黑暗之中的夜游兽 |
[1:30:39] | And make them keep their caves. | 吓得他们躲藏在巢穴里面 |
[1:30:41] | Man’s nature cannot carry Th’affliction, nor the fear. | 人心承受不住这样的苦难惊吓 |
[1:30:45] | Let the great gods | 让那些在我们头上 |
[1:30:47] | That keep this dreadful pudder o’er our heads | 降下这可怕喧扰的众神们 |
[1:30:50] | Find out their enemies now. | 现在找到他们的敌人吧 |
[1:30:52] | Tremble, thou wretch, | 颤抖吧 你这个败类 |
[1:30:54] | That hast within thee undivulged crimes, | 藏着不可告人罪恶的败类 |
[1:30:57] | Unwhipped of justice. | 尚在逍遥法外 |
[1:30:58] | Hide thee, thou bloody hand, Thou perjured, | 快躲起来吧 你这个凶手 做伪证的骗子 |
[1:31:01] | and thou simular of virtue That art incestuous. | 还有你这道貌岸然的衣冠禽兽 |
[1:31:05] | Caitiff, to pieces shake, | 吓得魂飞魄散吧 |
[1:31:06] | That under covert and convenient seeming | 你在隐蔽矫饰之下 |
[1:31:08] | Hast practised on man’s life. | 草菅人命 |
[1:31:10] | Close pent-up guilts | 隐藏的罪恶 |
[1:31:12] | Rive your concealing continents | 会令真相大白于天下 |
[1:31:14] | and cry these dreadful summoners grace. | 哭求这些可怕的天使的慈悲吧 |
[1:31:21] | I am a man more sinned against than sinning. | 我这个人被害多于害人 |
[1:31:24] | Gracious my lord, hard by here is a hovel – | 尊敬的陛下 附近有个茅棚 |
[1:31:27] | Some friendship will it lend you against the tempest. | 可以容你暂避风雨 |
[1:31:30] | Repose you there. | 你且去那里休息 |
[1:31:32] | My wits begin to turn. | 我渐渐恢复了理智 |
[1:31:37] | Come on, my boy. | 来吧 我的孩子 |
[1:31:39] | How dost my boy? | 你还好吗 孩子 |
[1:31:42] | Art cold? | 你冷吗 |
[1:31:43] | I am cold myself. | 我自己觉得冷 |
[1:31:46] | Where is this straw, my fellow? | 草棚在哪里 我的朋友 |
[1:31:49] | The art of our necessities is strange, | 贫困的力量是惊人的 |
[1:31:52] | And can make vile things precious. | 能点石成金 |
[1:31:56] | Poor fool and knave, | 可怜的傻孩子 |
[1:31:59] | I have one part in my heart | 我心里还有一部分 |
[1:32:02] | That is sorry yet for thee. | 在为你难过 |
[1:32:05] | *He that has and a little tiny wit* | *有点小小智慧的人* |
[1:32:08] | *With a heigh-ho, the wind and the rain* | *吼一声便呼风唤雨* |
[1:32:12] | *Must make content his fortunes fit* | *自然能够随境而安* |
[1:32:16] | *For the rain it raineth every day * | *即便天天阴雨连绵* |
[1:32:19] | True, my good boy. | 是的 我的好孩子 |
[1:32:22] | Come, bring us to this hovel. | 来吧 带我们前去草棚 |
[1:32:31] | 上半场结束 | |
[1:32:47] | 下半场 | |
[1:32:57] | Here is the place, my lord. Good my lord, enter. | 就在这 陛下 请进去吧 |
[1:33:00] | The tyranny of the open night’s too rough | 夜里没有庇护之所 |
[1:33:02] | For nature to endure. | 人无法承受这样的狂风骤雨 |
[1:33:03] | – Let me alone. – Good my lord, enter here. | -不要管我 -尊敬的陛下 进去吧 |
[1:33:06] | Wilt break my heart? | 你会让我心碎吗 |
[1:33:07] | I’d rather break mine own. Good my lord, enter. | 我宁愿自己心碎 陛下 进去吧 |
[1:33:10] | Thou think’st ’tis much that this contentious storm | 你以为这暴风侵蚀着我们的肌肤 |
[1:33:13] | Invades us to the skin – so it is to thee. | 是一件巨大的苦事 对于你是如此 |
[1:33:17] | But where the greater malady is fixed, | 但是当一个人身染恶疾 |
[1:33:19] | The lesser is scarce felt. | 便不会感觉到小病小痛 |
[1:33:21] | Thou’dst shun a bear, | 就像你想躲避一头巨熊 |
[1:33:23] | But if thy flight lay toward the roaring sea, | 但是你被汹涌的大海断绝了去路 |
[1:33:26] | Thou’dst meet the bear in the mouth. | 你只能直面巨熊 |
[1:33:28] | When the mind is free, the body is delicate. | 当灵魂解放时 才觉得身体脆弱 |
[1:33:32] | This tempest in my mind | 我心中的风波 |
[1:33:34] | Doth from my senses take all feeling else, | 使我感知不到一切 |
[1:33:38] | Save what beats there, filial ingratitude. | 只苦恼于子女的忤逆 |
[1:33:43] | Is it not as this mouth should tear this hand | 岂不是很像嘴咬了手 |
[1:33:46] | For lifting food to it? | 因为手给嘴喂食 |
[1:33:48] | But I will punish home. | 但是我要狠狠惩罚她们 |
[1:33:51] | No, I’ll weep no more. | 不 我决不再哭泣 |
[1:33:54] | In such a night | 在这样的夜里 |
[1:33:56] | To shut me out? | 把我关在外边 |
[1:33:59] | Pour on, I will endure. | 雨继续瓢泼吧 我忍受 |
[1:34:03] | In such a night as this? | 在这样的夜里 |
[1:34:06] | O, Regan, Goneril, | 芮根 高纳里尔 |
[1:34:10] | Thy old, kind father, whose frank heart gave you all. | 你们的仁慈老父慷慨地给予你们一切 |
[1:34:15] | O, that way madness lies, | 想想就让我气得发疯 |
[1:34:19] | let me shun that. | 不要再让我想起 |
[1:34:21] | – No more of that. – Good my lord, enter. | -不要再想它 -陛下 进去吧 |
[1:34:24] | Prithee go in thyself, seek thine own ease. | 请走进去吧 给自己找个安身之所 |
[1:34:28] | This tempest will not give me leave to ponder | 这风暴不允许我静心思考 |
[1:34:31] | On things would hurt me more. | 那些令我更加烦恼的事 |
[1:34:36] | But I’ll go in. | 但是我会进去的 |
[1:34:39] | In, boy, go first. | 进去 孩子 你先走 |
[1:34:43] | You houseless poverty. | 你这无家可归的穷人 |
[1:34:45] | Nay, get thee in. | 不 你先进去吧 |
[1:34:50] | I’ll pray, then I’ll sleep. | 我要祷告 随后我就睡下 |
[1:34:59] | Poor naked wretches, whereso’er you are, | 潦倒不幸衣不蔽体的人们 不管你们在哪 |
[1:35:03] | That bide the pelting of this pitiless storm, | 都忍受着风吹雨打 |
[1:35:06] | How shall your houseless heads and unfed sides, | 你们无处安身 食不果腹 |
[1:35:10] | Your looped and windowed raggedness, | 衣衫褴褛 |
[1:35:13] | defend you from seasons such as these? | 如何能抵御这样的天气呢 |
[1:35:16] | O, I have ta’en too little care of this. | 我真是太不关心民间疾苦了 |
[1:35:21] | Take physic, pomp! | 安享荣华的人们啊 |
[1:35:23] | Expose thyself to feel what wretches feel, | 亲身体验一下穷人们遭受的苦难吧 |
[1:35:27] | that thou mayst shake the superflux to them | 将你们的荣华分些给他们 |
[1:35:29] | and show the heavens more just. | 还苍天一个公道 |
[1:35:31] | Fathom and half, fathom and half. Poor Tom! | 两米高 两米高 可怜的汤姆 |
[1:35:35] | Come not in here, Nuncle, there’s a spirit. | 别进来 大爷 里面有鬼 |
[1:35:39] | – Help me, help me! – Who’s there? | -救命 救命 -谁在里面 |
[1:35:41] | A spirit, a spirit. He says his name’s Poor Tom. | 一个鬼 他说自己叫可怜的汤姆 |
[1:35:45] | Who art thou that dost grumble there in the straw? Come forth. | 谁在草棚里大呼小叫 出来 |
[1:35:48] | Away, the foul fiend follows me. | 快跑 恶魔在追我 |
[1:35:58] | Through the sharp hawthorn blows the cold wind. | 寒风吹过山楂林 |
[1:36:05] | Go to thy cold bed | 到你冰冷的床上去吧 |
[1:36:07] | and warm…thee. | 去暖一暖身子 |
[1:36:11] | Didst thou give all to thy two daughters? | 你把一切都给了两个女儿吗 |
[1:36:15] | And art thou come to this? | 却落得这个下场吗 |
[1:36:19] | Who gives anything to Poor Tom? | 谁会给可怜的汤姆什么呢 |
[1:36:21] | Whom the foul fiend hath led through fire and through flame, | 恶魔带他穿过大火和烈焰 |
[1:36:25] | through ford and whirlpool, | 穿过浅滩和急流 |
[1:36:27] | o’er bog and quagmire, | 穿过泥地和沼泽 |
[1:36:31] | that hath laid knives under his pillow | 把刀子放在他的枕头下 |
[1:36:35] | and halters in his pew, | 把绞绳放在他的板凳下 |
[1:36:37] | set ratsbane by his porridge… | 把毒药洒进他的粥里 |
[1:36:40] | Made him proud of heart, | 还使他心生自满 |
[1:36:43] | to ride on a bay trotting horse over four-inched bridges, | 骑着栗色骏马从十厘米宽的桥上跑过 |
[1:36:48] | to course his own shadow for a traitor. | 将自己的影子当做叛徒追捕 |
[1:36:51] | Bless thy five wits. | 愿你永存智慧 |
[1:36:55] | O, Tom’s a-cold. | 汤姆好冷 |
[1:37:06] | Bless thee from whirlwinds, | 愿你免受风吹 |
[1:37:11] | star-blasting, | 免遭厄运 |
[1:37:12] | and… taking. | 免受疾病侵袭 |
[1:37:18] | Do Poor Tom some charity, | 救救可怜的汤姆吧 |
[1:37:20] | whom the foul fiend vexes. | 他被恶魔缠住了 |
[1:37:32] | There could I have him now, | 恶魔现在就在那儿 |
[1:37:35] | and there, and there again, and there. | 在那 又到那去了 在那 |
[1:37:39] | Have his daughters brought him to this pass? | 他的女儿害他变成这样吗 |
[1:37:43] | Couldst thou save nothing? | 你什么都没给自己留下吗 |
[1:37:45] | Wouldst thou give ’em all? | 你把一切都给了她们吗 |
[1:37:46] | Nay, he reserved a blanket, | 不 他还留了块遮羞布 |
[1:37:49] | else we had been all shamed. | 否则我们就都尴尬了 |
[1:37:51] | *Pillicock sat on Pillicock hill…* | *雄鸡坐在雄鸡山上* |
[1:38:10] | This cold night will turn us all fools or madmen. | 寒夜会把我们都变成傻子或疯子 |
[1:38:14] | Take heed of the foul fiend. | 当心恶魔 |
[1:38:19] | Obey thy parents, | 听父母的话 |
[1:38:21] | keep thy word justly, | 言出必行 |
[1:38:23] | swear not, | 不要赌咒 |
[1:38:25] | commit not with man’s sworn spouse, | 不要与有夫之妇有染 |
[1:38:27] | set not thy sweet-heart on proud array. | 不要骄傲自满 |
[1:38:33] | Tom’s a-cold. | 汤姆好冷 |
[1:38:34] | What hast thou been? | 你是做什么的 |
[1:38:37] | A serving-man, | 我是一个仆人 |
[1:38:39] | proud in heart and mind, | 心高气傲 |
[1:38:42] | that curled my hair, | 一头卷毛 |
[1:38:44] | wore gloves in my cap, | 帽子上戴手套 |
[1:38:46] | served the lust of my mistress’ heart | 专讨女主人欢心 |
[1:38:49] | and did the act of darkness with her. | 和她干些见不得人的勾当 |
[1:38:51] | Swore as many oaths as I spake words | 一开口就发誓 |
[1:38:55] | and…broke ’em… | 然后在光天化日之下… |
[1:38:59] | in the sweet face of heaven. | 将誓言打破 |
[1:39:02] | One that slept in the contriving of lust and waked to do it. | 总是做春梦 醒来就作奸犯科 |
[1:39:07] | Wine loved I deeply, dice dearly, | 我贪杯 我爱赌 |
[1:39:10] | and, in woman… out-paramoured the Turk. | 我比土耳其人还好色 |
[1:39:16] | Hog in sloth, | 我像猪一样懒惰 |
[1:39:18] | fox in stealth, | 狐狸一样狡猾 |
[1:39:20] | wolf in greediness, | 狼一样贪婪 |
[1:39:22] | dog in madness, | 狗一样疯狂 |
[1:39:24] | lion in prey. | 狮子一样凶恶 |
[1:39:32] | Still through the hawthorn blows the cold wind. | 寒风吹过山楂林 |
[1:39:35] | Says… | 呼喊着… |
[1:39:49] | Dauphin… | 太子… |
[1:39:52] | my boy… | 我的儿子… |
[1:39:54] | my boy, | 我的儿子 |
[1:39:57] | Cessez! | 快停下 |
[1:40:08] | Let him trot by. | 让他走吧 |
[1:40:10] | Why, thou wert better in thy grave | 你这样赤身裸体 |
[1:40:15] | than to answer with thy uncovered body | 忍受风吹雨淋 |
[1:40:17] | this extremity of the skies. | 还不如死了好 |
[1:40:20] | Is man no more than this? | 人也不过如此 |
[1:40:24] | Consider him well. | 看看他吧 |
[1:40:26] | Thou ow’st the worm no silk, | 你没向蚕借一根丝 |
[1:40:29] | the beast no hide, | 没向野兽借一张皮 |
[1:40:31] | the sheep no wool, | 没向羊借一片毛 |
[1:40:32] | the cat no perfume. | 也没向麝猫借一块香 |
[1:40:35] | Here’s three on’s us are sophisticated – | 我们三个已失去本来面目 |
[1:40:39] | thou art the thing itself. | 只有你还保持本真 |
[1:40:44] | Unaccommodated man is no more | 人若不加修饰 |
[1:40:47] | but such a poor, bare, forked animal as thou art. | 也不过是像你这样一个可怜的裸体两脚动物罢了 |
[1:40:53] | Off, off, you lendings… | 我要脱下这些身外之物 |
[1:40:55] | Prithee, Nuncle, be contented. | 老伯 请你冷静点 |
[1:40:59] | ‘Tis a naughty night to swim in. | 这样的夜晚不适合游泳 |
[1:41:02] | Now a little fire in a wild field | 荒野里的一点火花 |
[1:41:05] | were like an old lecher’s heart, | 恰似老色鬼的一颗心 |
[1:41:07] | a small spark, all rest on body cold. | 除了心是热的 全身上下都是冷的 |
[1:41:13] | Look. Look, here comes a walking fire. | 瞧 一团火走过来了 |
[1:41:17] | Oh, this is the foul fiend Flibbertigibbet. | 这是恶魔弗利波特吉伯特 |
[1:41:20] | He begins at curfew, and walks till the first cock, | 宵禁时出现 第一声鸡鸣方才隐去 |
[1:41:24] | he gives the web and the pin, | 他把人弄成白内障 |
[1:41:25] | squinies the eye and makes the hare lip, | 弄成斜眼 兔唇 |
[1:41:28] | mildews the white wheat, | 使面粉发霉 |
[1:41:30] | and hurts the poor creature of the earth. | 涂害生灵 |
[1:41:33] | – What’s he? – Who’s there? | -他是谁 -谁在那里 |
[1:41:35] | – What is’t you seek? – What are you there? Your names? | -你找谁 -你们是谁 叫什么名字 |
[1:41:39] | Poor Tom. | 可怜的汤姆 |
[1:41:41] | Poor Tom, | 我叫可怜的汤姆 |
[1:41:42] | that eats the swimming frog, | 吃的是青蛙 |
[1:41:44] | the toad, the tadpole, | 蟾蜍 蝌蚪 |
[1:41:46] | the wall-newt and the water, | 壁虎和水蜥 |
[1:41:48] | that in the fury of his heart, when the foul fiend rages, | 当恶魔附体 心生癫狂时 |
[1:41:52] | eats cow-dung for salads. | 还把牛粪当生菜吃 |
[1:41:55] | Beware my follower. | 当心我身后的恶魔 |
[1:42:01] | Peace, Smulkin, peace, thou fiend. | 别闹 史墨金 别闹 你这恶魔 |
[1:42:05] | What, hath your grace no better company? | 陛下竟和这种人为伍吗 |
[1:42:06] | Poor Tom’s a-cold. | 可怜的汤姆好冷啊 |
[1:42:08] | Go in with me. | 跟我回去吧 |
[1:42:09] | My duty cannot suffer to obey in | 我的良心使我无法全然服从 |
[1:42:11] | all your daughters’ hard commands. | 您女儿冷酷的命令 |
[1:42:13] | Though their injunction be to bar my doors | 虽然她们命我关上大门 |
[1:42:15] | and let this tyrannous night take hold upon you, | 任您在狂暴的黑夜中自生自灭 |
[1:42:18] | Yet have I ventured to come seek you out, | 但我还是冒险出来找您 |
[1:42:20] | and bring you where both fire and food is ready. | 带您到温暖 有食物的地方去 |
[1:42:23] | First let me talk with this philosopher. | 让我先跟这位哲学家谈谈 |
[1:42:27] | What is the cause of thunder? | 天上为何会打雷 |
[1:42:28] | Good my lord, take his offer, go into the house. | 陛下 接受他的好意 跟他回去吧 |
[1:42:31] | I’ll talk a word with this same learned Theban. | 我要跟这个忒拜人[学者]说句话 |
[1:42:33] | What is thy study? | 您研究的是什么学问 |
[1:42:35] | How to prevent the fiend and to kill vermin. | 如何战胜恶魔 消灭毒虫 |
[1:42:38] | Let me ask one word in private. | 让我私下里问您件事 |
[1:42:40] | Importune him to go once more, my lord, | 大人 您再催催他吧 |
[1:42:42] | his wits begin to unsettle. | 他有点神志不清了 |
[1:42:44] | What a night is this? I do beseech your grace. | 今晚天气太恶劣了 陛下 我求求您 |
[1:42:47] | O, cry your mercy, sir. | 请您原谅 先生 |
[1:42:49] | Noble philosopher, your company. | 大哲学家 我们俩作伴吧 |
[1:42:52] | – Tom’s a-cold. – In, fellow, | -汤姆好冷啊 -进去吧 朋友们 |
[1:42:53] | there, into the hovel, keep thee warm. | 进去吧 到草棚里取取暖 |
[1:42:56] | – Come, in all. – This way, my lord. | -都进去吧 -陛下 这边走 |
[1:42:59] | With him – I keep still with my philosopher. | 带着他 我要跟这位哲学家在一起 |
[1:43:02] | Good my lord, soothe him, | 大人 顺从他的心意 |
[1:43:04] | let him take the fellow. | 让他带这个人一起去吧 |
[1:43:05] | Take him you on. | 你带着他一起去吧 |
[1:43:06] | Come, sirrah, go along with us. | 来吧 小子 跟我们一起去吧 |
[1:43:08] | Come, good Athenian. | 来吧 好雅典人[哲学家] |
[1:43:11] | No words, no words. | 别说话 别说话 |
[1:43:23] | I will have my revenge, ere I depart his house. | 我离开这里之前 一定要报仇 |
[1:43:27] | How, my lord, | 公爵大人 |
[1:43:29] | I may be censured that nature thus gives way to loyalty | 我为尽忠不顾父子情 可能会遭受非议 |
[1:43:32] | something fears me to think of. | 心里很是不安 |
[1:43:35] | I now perceive | 我现在才知道 |
[1:43:36] | it was not altogether your brother’s evil disposition | 你哥哥想要谋害生父 |
[1:43:39] | that made him seek his father’s death, | 不是因为他性情乖张 |
[1:43:42] | but a provoking merit | 而是因为 |
[1:43:44] | set a-work by a reprovable badness in Gloucester himself. | 你父亲葛罗斯特本性恶劣 咎由自取 |
[1:43:48] | How malicious is my fortune, | 我的命运竟如此悲惨 |
[1:43:49] | that I must repent to be just? | 做了正确的事却心生懊悔 |
[1:43:52] | This is the letter which he spoke of, | 这就是他提到的那封信 |
[1:43:54] | which approves him | 足以证明 |
[1:43:55] | an intelligent party to the advantages of France. | 他与法兰西相互勾结 |
[1:43:59] | O heavens! | 天啊 |
[1:44:00] | That this treason were not, | 真愿这样的事不曾发生 |
[1:44:03] | or not I the detector. | 或者不曾被我察觉 |
[1:44:05] | Go with me to the Duchess. | 跟我去见公爵夫人 |
[1:44:07] | If the matter of this paper be certain, | 如果信上所言属实 |
[1:44:09] | you have mighty business in hand. | 那你就有场大仗要打了 |
[1:44:11] | True or false, it hath made thee Earl of Gloucester. | 不论真假 你已是新任的葛罗斯特伯爵了 |
[1:44:18] | Seek out where thy father is, | 把你父亲找出来 |
[1:44:21] | that he may be ready for our apprehension. | 我们必须逮捕他 |
[1:44:23] | I will persever in my course of loyalty, | 虽然忠孝在我脑中天人交战 |
[1:44:26] | though the conflict be sore between that and my blood. | 但我会抛弃私情 尽忠到底 |
[1:44:29] | I will lay trust upon thee | 我完全信任你 |
[1:44:33] | and thou shalt find a dear father in my love. | 我将比你的父亲更加爱你 |
[1:44:39] | Here is better than the open air. | 这里比露天好些 |
[1:44:41] | Take it thankfully. | 大家都将就点吧 |
[1:44:44] | I will piece out the comfort with what addition I can. | 我尽力使大家再安适一点 |
[1:44:47] | I will not be long from you. | 我失陪一会就来 |
[1:44:48] | All the power of his wits have given way to his impatience. | 他已经因苦痛不堪而神经错乱了 |
[1:44:51] | The gods reward your kindness. | 多谢你的好意 |
[1:44:53] | Frateretto calls me, | 佛特莱图叫我呢 |
[1:44:55] | and tells me | 并且告诉我 |
[1:44:57] | Nero is an angler in the lake of darkness. | 尼罗是阴间湖上的一个钓人 |
[1:45:00] | Pray, innocent, and beware the foul fiend. | 老好人 你祷告吧 当心恶魔 |
[1:45:04] | Prithee, nuncle. | 老伯 |
[1:45:06] | Prithee, nuncle, tell me | 你说 老伯 |
[1:45:09] | whether a madman be a gentleman or a yeoman? | 一个疯子算是一位绅士还是一个小民 |
[1:45:12] | A king, a king, | 是国王 国王 |
[1:45:14] | No, he’s a yeoman that has a gentleman to his son, | 不是 他是一个小民 但有一个绅士的儿子 |
[1:45:18] | for he’s a mad yeoman that sees his son a gentleman before him. | 假如他看着他的儿子在他之前充绅士 |
[1:45:22] | To have a thousand with red burning spits | 成千的魔鬼拿着红炽的铁叉 |
[1:45:25] | Come zingin’ in upon ’em! | 咝咝的响着去威吓她们 |
[1:45:28] | Ow, the foul fiend bites my back! | 恶魔咬我的背了 |
[1:45:30] | He’s mad that trusts in the tameness of a wolf, a horse’s health, | 疯子才信赖狼会驯顺 马会健康 |
[1:45:35] | a boy’s love, or a whore’s oath. | 小男孩拥有爱情 娼妇懂得誓约 |
[1:45:38] | It shall be done, I will arraign them straight. | 是时候了 我立刻就审问她们 |
[1:45:43] | Come, sit thou here, | 来 请坐在此地 |
[1:45:47] | most learned justicer. | 最博学的审判官 |
[1:45:51] | Thou…sapient sir, | 你 聪明的先生 |
[1:45:56] | sit here. | 坐在此地 |
[1:45:58] | No, you she-foxes… | 好了 你们这一群雌狐狸 |
[1:46:02] | How do you, sir? | 陛下 您怎么了 |
[1:46:05] | Stand you not so amazed. | 别这样吓人地站着 |
[1:46:08] | Will you lie down and rest upon the cushions? | 你不如躺在枕上休息一下吧 |
[1:46:16] | I’ll see their trial first. | 我要先看看她们的审讯 |
[1:46:20] | Bring in the evidence. | 把她们的证人叫进来 |
[1:46:22] | Thou…robed man of justice, | 你这位穿大袍的法官 |
[1:46:27] | take thy place. | 请入座吧 |
[1:46:29] | And thou, his yoke-fellow of equity, | 还有你 司法的同僚 |
[1:46:33] | bench by his side. | 也在他的旁边列席吧 |
[1:46:35] | You are o’ the commission. Sit you too. | 你也是承审之一 也请坐 |
[1:46:38] | Let us deal justly. | 我们要秉持公平 |
[1:46:41] | Arraign her first. | 先审问她 |
[1:46:52] | ‘Tis Goneril. | 这是高纳里尔 |
[1:46:55] | Here I take my oath before this honourable assembly – | 我现在当着庭上宣誓 |
[1:47:00] | kicked the poor King her father. | 她陷害她可怜的父王 |
[1:47:03] | Come hither, mistress, is your name Goneril? | 过来 太太 你的名字是高纳里尔吗 |
[1:47:06] | She cannot deny it. | 这个她不能否认 |
[1:47:07] | Cry you mercy, I took you for a joint-stool. | 对不住 我以为你是一个细工精致的凳子呢 |
[1:47:13] | And here’s another whose warped looks proclaim | 这边又是一位 她的狰狞的面貌就可以 |
[1:47:17] | what store her heart is made on. | 表示出她的心是什么东西做的 |
[1:47:19] | Stop her there! | 拦住她 |
[1:47:21] | Arms, arms, sword, fire, | 拿刀 拿刀 拿刀 动手 |
[1:47:25] | corruption in the place! | 这地方太黑暗了 |
[1:47:28] | False justicer, why hast thou let her ‘scape? | 你这狗官 你为什么纵她逃走 |
[1:47:38] | – Bless thy five wits. – O pity! | -上帝保佑你的脑筋 -可怜 |
[1:47:41] | Where is the patience now | 你自己常常夸口说 |
[1:47:42] | That you so oft have boasted to retain? | 能保持耐心 现在哪里去了 |
[1:47:54] | Let them anatomise Regan… | 让他们把芮根解剖了吧 |
[1:47:58] | ..see what breeds about her heart. | 看看她心里长了什么 |
[1:48:02] | Is there any cause in nature | 上天可有什么缘故 |
[1:48:05] | that make these hard hearts? | 要造出这样的硬心肠 |
[1:48:11] | You, sir.. | 你 先生 |
[1:48:14] | ..I entertain you for one of my hundred. | 我用你作为我的一百名侍卫之一 |
[1:48:19] | Only I do not like the fashion of your garments. | 只是我不喜欢你的服饰 |
[1:48:23] | You will say they are Persian attire, | 哪怕你说这是波斯华服 |
[1:48:27] | but let them be changed. | 但还是更换了吧 |
[1:48:31] | Now, good my lord, lie down | 主人 现在请你躺下来 |
[1:48:35] | and rest awhile. | 休息片刻 |
[1:48:43] | Make no noise. | 别作声 |
[1:48:47] | Make no noise. | 别作声 |
[1:48:56] | Draw the curtains. | 把幔帐拉拢来 |
[1:49:02] | So… | 好 |
[1:49:05] | ..so, so… | 好 好 |
[1:49:12] | I’ll go to supper in the morning… | 我们到早晨再吃晚饭 |
[1:49:17] | ..so… | 好 |
[1:49:20] | ..so, so. | 好 好 |
[1:49:23] | And I’ll go to bed at noon. | 我再等到正午去睡觉 |
[1:49:29] | Come hither, friend | 朋友 这边来 |
[1:49:30] | where is the King my master? | 我的主上国王在哪里 |
[1:49:32] | Here, sir, but trouble him not – his wits are gone. | 在此地 但是别惊动他 他的神经错乱了 |
[1:49:35] | Good friend, I prithee take him in thy arms. | 好朋友 我请你 把他抱起来 |
[1:49:37] | I have o’erheard a plot of death upon him. | 我听说有人要谋害他 |
[1:49:39] | There is a litter ready. Lay him in’t | 那边已预备好一辆马车 把他放进去 |
[1:49:41] | and drive towards Dover, friend, | 向多汶出发 |
[1:49:43] | where thou shalt meet both welcome and protection. | 朋友 到那里自然有人欢迎保护 |
[1:49:47] | Take up thy master! | 把你的主上抱起来 |
[1:49:49] | If thou shouldst dally half an hour, | 如果你耽搁半个钟头 |
[1:49:50] | his life, with thine and all that offer to defend him, | 他的命 你的命 以及他扈从的命 |
[1:49:53] | stand in assured loss. Take up, take up, | 可都要丢掉 抱起来 抱起来 |
[1:49:57] | And follow me, that will to some provision | 跟我来 我带你们 |
[1:49:59] | give thee quick conduct. | 去做出发的准备 |
[1:50:01] | Oppressed nature sleeps. | 太困睡着了 |
[1:50:04] | This rest might yet have balmed thy broken sinews, | 休息休息说不定对你的神经有好处 |
[1:50:06] | which, if convenience will not allow, | 若是环境不许休息 |
[1:50:08] | stand in hard cure. | 恐怕就难得痊愈了 |
[1:50:11] | Come, help to bear thy master. | 来帮把手抬你的主上 |
[1:50:15] | Thou must not stay behind! | 你可不能留在后面 |
[1:50:16] | Come, come away. | 来 来 走吧 |
[1:50:43] | Post speedily to my lord your husband. | 快到你丈夫那里去 |
[1:50:45] | Show him this letter – The army of France is landed. | 把这封信给他看 法兰西的军队已经上岸了 |
[1:50:50] | Seek out the villain Gloucester. | 去搜寻那叛徒葛罗斯特 |
[1:50:52] | – Hang him instantly! – Pluck out his eyes! | -立刻绞死他 -挖出他的眼睛 |
[1:50:55] | Leave him to my displeasure. | 把他交给我处置 |
[1:50:58] | Edmund, keep you our sister company. | 爱德蒙 你跟我姐姐一起走 |
[1:51:02] | The revenges we are bound to take upon your traitorous father | 我们得制裁你父亲的背叛罪行 |
[1:51:05] | are not fit for your beholding. | 不适合让你看见 |
[1:51:08] | Advise the Duke, | 你去见公爵 |
[1:51:09] | where you are going to a most festinate preparation – | 请他急速准备 |
[1:51:12] | we are bound to the like. | 我们也会做准备 |
[1:51:14] | Our posts shall be swift and intelligent betwixt us. | 往后我们多联系 勤联系 |
[1:51:18] | Farewell, dear sister, my lord of Gloucester. | 再见吧 姐姐 再会了 葛罗斯特 |
[1:51:22] | How now, where’s the King? | 怎样 国王在哪里 |
[1:51:24] | My lord of Gloucester hath conveyed him hence. | 葛罗斯特把他带走了 |
[1:51:26] | Some five- or six-and-thirty of his knights | 随队跟着三十五六名卫兵 |
[1:51:28] | are gone with him towards Dover, | 一起去多汶了 |
[1:51:30] | where they boast to have well-armed friends. | 据他们说在那边有全副武装的盟友 |
[1:51:32] | Get horses for your mistress. | 快给你的主人备马 |
[1:51:33] | Farewell, sweet lord, and sister. | 再会 公爵 妹妹 |
[1:51:35] | Edmund, farewell. | 爱德蒙 再会 |
[1:51:43] | Go seek the traitor Gloucester. | 去搜那叛徒葛罗斯特 |
[1:51:45] | Pinion him like a thief, bring him before us. | 把他当做贼绑起来 带过来见我 |
[1:51:54] | Though well we may not pass upon his life | 虽然不经庭审 |
[1:51:57] | without the form of justice… | 我不能处他死刑 |
[1:52:01] | ..yet our power… | 但是我的威权 |
[1:52:04] | ..shall do courtesy | 却不能不服从 |
[1:52:07] | to our wrath… | 我的忿怒 |
[1:52:09] | ..which men may blame but not control. | 别人尽管骂我 却也管不了我 |
[1:52:19] | Who’s there? The traitor? | 是谁 叛徒吗 |
[1:52:21] | Ingrateful fox, ’tis he. | 忘恩负义的狐狸 就是他 |
[1:52:24] | – Bind fast his corky arms. – What mean your graces? | -把他干枯的胳臂捆紧了 -你们是什么用意 |
[1:52:26] | Good my friends, consider – you are my guests. | 好朋友 要知道你们是我的客人 |
[1:52:30] | Do me no foul play, friends. | 别陷害我 朋友们 |
[1:52:32] | Bind him, I say! | 捆起他来 我说 |
[1:52:33] | Hard, hard. O, filthy traitor! | 紧些 紧些 卑鄙的叛徒 |
[1:52:36] | Unmerciful lady as you are, I’m none. | 你是没有慈心的女人 我却不是叛徒 |
[1:52:38] | To this chair bind him. | 把他捆在这把椅子上 |
[1:52:44] | Villain, thou shalt find… | 奸贼 你要知道 |
[1:52:46] | By the kind gods, ’tis most ignobly done | 拔我的胡须 |
[1:52:49] | To pluck me by the beard. | 这是最卑鄙的行为 |
[1:52:50] | So white, and such a traitor! | 胡子虽然白 人却是个叛徒 |
[1:52:54] | Naughty lady, | 险恶的女人 |
[1:52:56] | These hairs which thou dost ravish from my chin | 你从我下巴上夺去的胡须 |
[1:52:58] | will quicken and accuse thee. | 将要变成活的 来控告你 |
[1:53:01] | I am your host. | 我是这地方的主人 |
[1:53:03] | With robber’s hands my hospitable favours | 你不该用强盗的手侵犯到 |
[1:53:06] | You should not ruffle thus. | 我这个款待宾客的脸 |
[1:53:11] | What will you do? | 你要怎样 |
[1:53:16] | Come, sir, | 说吧 先生 |
[1:53:19] | what letters had you late from France? | 你最近从法兰西收到些什么信件 |
[1:53:21] | Be simple answered, for we know the truth. | 有话直说 因为我们已经知道了实情 |
[1:53:24] | And what confederacy have you with the traitors, | 你和最近登岸的一群叛党 |
[1:53:27] | late footed in the kingdom? | 有什么样的阴谋 |
[1:53:28] | To whose hands you have sent the lunatic King. | 你把疯狂的国王送交给谁了 |
[1:53:32] | – Speak! – I have a letter guessingly set down | -说 -我有一封措辞模糊的信 |
[1:53:35] | which came from one that’s of a neutral heart, | 来信人公允正直 |
[1:53:38] | and not from one opposed. | 并非敌人 |
[1:53:38] | – Cunning. – And false! | -狡辩 -说谎 |
[1:53:40] | Where hast thou sent the King? | 你把国王送到哪里去了 |
[1:53:43] | To Dover. | 多汶 |
[1:53:46] | Wherefore to Dover? | 为什么要送到多汶呢 |
[1:53:48] | – Wast thou not charged at… – Wherefore to Dover? | -你不是受了严令不准… -为什么送到多汶 |
[1:53:52] | Let him first answer that. | 让他回答这句话 |
[1:53:55] | Wherefore to Dover, sir? | 为什么送到多汶 先生 |
[1:53:59] | Because I would not see thy cruel nails | 因为不愿见你的凶残的指甲 |
[1:54:01] | pluck out his poor old eyes, nor thy fierce sister | 挖出他的可怜的老眼 也不愿见你的猛恶的姐姐 |
[1:54:05] | in his anointed flesh stick boarish fangs. | 在他的御体上刺进野猪的牙 |
[1:54:08] | See’t shalt thou never. | 你永远见不到那一天 |
[1:54:11] | Fellows, hold the chair. | 伙计们 扶住椅子 |
[1:54:23] | Upon these eyes of thine I’ll set my foot. | 我要用脚踢你的眼睛 |
[1:54:38] | O cruel! O you gods! | 多残忍 上帝啊 |
[1:54:41] | One side will mock another th’other too. | 这只会嘲笑另一只的 |
[1:54:43] | – If you see vengeance… – Hold your hand, my lord. | -看你还能见天谴 -住手 大人 |
[1:54:46] | I have served you ever since I was a child, | 我自幼就服侍您 |
[1:54:48] | but better service have I never done you | 但是只有现在叫您住手 |
[1:54:50] | than now to bid you hold. | 才算真正的报效您 |
[1:54:52] | How now, you dog! | 什么话 你这条狗 |
[1:54:55] | If you did wear a beard upon your chin, | 要是你脸上长了胡子 |
[1:54:56] | I’d shake it on this quarrel. | 我也要把它扯下来 |
[1:54:58] | what do you mean? | 你是何居心 |
[1:54:59] | My villein! | 你这奴才 |
[1:55:01] | Nay then, come on, and take the chance of anger. | 那么你过来 领取我的义愤吧 |
[1:55:11] | My lord, you have one eye left to see some mischief on him. | 大人 你只剩一只眼睛来看他遭报应 |
[1:55:23] | Lest it see more, prevent it. | 否则它还要看见得更多 |
[1:55:26] | Out, vile jelly. | 出来 臭黏浆 |
[1:55:33] | Where is thy lustre now? | 现在你的光明在哪里 |
[1:55:35] | All dark and comfortless? O, where is my son Edmund? | 一片黑茫茫 没有乐趣 我的儿子爱德蒙在哪里 |
[1:55:41] | Edmund, enkindle all the sparks of nature | 爱德蒙燃起你的所有孝心 |
[1:55:43] | to quit this horrid act. | 来报复这件惨事 |
[1:55:45] | Out, treacherous villain. | 滚出去 奸诈的奴才 |
[1:55:48] | Thou call’st on him that hates thee. | 你呼唤的是一位憎恨你的人 |
[1:55:50] | It was he that made the overture of thy treasons to us, | 正是他向我告发你的阴谋 |
[1:55:55] | who is too good to pity thee. | 他是个好人 不会怜悯你的 |
[1:55:58] | O my follies! Then Edgar was abused? | 我糊涂啊 那么爱德加是冤枉的了 |
[1:56:01] | Kind gods, forgive me that and prosper him. | 天啊 饶恕我 保佑他吧 |
[1:56:05] | Go, thrust him out at gates, and let him… | 把他驱出门外 就让他… |
[1:56:10] | smell his way to Dover. | 用鼻嗅着到多汶去吧 |
[1:56:15] | How is’t my lord? How look you? | 怎样了丈夫 你怎么这个样子 |
[1:56:19] | I have received a hurt. | 我受伤了 |
[1:56:22] | Follow me, lady. | 随我来 夫人 |
[1:56:24] | Turn out that eyeless villain. | 把那没眼睛的奸臣赶出去 |
[1:56:27] | Throw this slave upon the dunghill. | 把那奴才掷到粪堆上 |
[1:56:29] | God! | 天啊 |
[1:56:31] | Untimely comes this hurt. | 这疼痛不时传来 |
[1:56:33] | Give me thine arm. | 你扶着我 |
[1:56:45] | I’ll never care what wickedness I do | 这人若是得好报 |
[1:56:48] | if this man comes to good. | 让我做什么恶事都不怕 |
[1:56:51] | If she live long | 若她能长寿 |
[1:56:52] | and in the end meet the old course of death, | 并且善终 |
[1:56:54] | women will all turn monsters. | 女人都会变成妖怪 |
[1:56:57] | Go now, and fetch some flax and whites of eggs | 你先去吧 找点麻布和蛋白 |
[1:57:01] | to apply to his bleeding face. | 包扎他淌血的脸 |
[1:57:17] | Now heaven help him! | 上天保佑他吧 |
[1:58:31] | O my good lord, I have been your tenant, | 我的大人 我一直做你的佃户 |
[1:58:35] | and your father’s tenant. | 而且是你父亲的佃户 |
[1:58:36] | Away, get thee away, good friend, be gone. | 去吧 你去吧好朋友 走吧 |
[1:58:40] | Thy comforts can do me no good at all. | 你的安慰对我一点益处也没有 |
[1:58:43] | Thee they may hurt. | 他们会要伤害你 |
[1:58:44] | Alack, sir, you cannot see your way. | 先生 你自己看不见路 |
[1:58:49] | I have no way, and therefore want no eyes. | 我没有路 所以也不需要眼睛 |
[1:58:53] | I stumbled when I saw. | 我有眼的时候 反而栽了跟头 |
[1:58:55] | Full oft ’tis seen Our means secure us | 能力时常使我们疏忽 |
[1:58:58] | and our mere defects Prove our commodities. | 残缺却对我们有益 |
[1:59:03] | O dear son Edgar, | 亲爱的儿子爱德加 |
[1:59:05] | the food of thy abused father’s wrath, | 父亲因为上当而对你发怒 |
[1:59:07] | might I but live to see thee in my touch, | 只要此生还能摸到你一下 |
[1:59:11] | I’d say I had eyes again. | 我就算是又生了眼睛 |
[1:59:19] | – Oh Gods! – How now? Who’s there? | -天啊 -什么 谁在那 |
[1:59:21] | ‘Tis poor mad Tom. Fellow, where goest? | 是那可怜的疯汤姆 朋友你去哪 |
[1:59:24] | – Is it a beggar-man? – Madman and beggar too. | -是乞丐吗 -疯子 也是乞丐 |
[1:59:28] | He has some reason, else he could not beg. | 他还是有理智的 否则不会行乞 |
[1:59:31] | In the last night’s storm I such a fellow saw, | 昨夜风雨中我遇到了这样一个人 |
[1:59:34] | who made me think a man a worm. | 使得我产生了人如虫豸之感 |
[1:59:38] | My son came then into my mind, | 那时我忆起我的儿子 |
[1:59:40] | and yet my mind was then scarce friends with him. | 可那时我对他仍心怀怨念 |
[1:59:44] | I have heard more since. | 过后我才明白 |
[1:59:47] | As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, | 天神掌控着我们的命运 |
[1:59:50] | they kill us for their sport. | 他们杀人就如同游戏 |
[1:59:53] | Bless thee, master. | 祝福你 先生 |
[1:59:56] | Is that the naked fellow? | 这是那裸体的人吗 |
[1:59:59] | Ay, my lord. | 是的 大人 |
[2:00:01] | Then prithee get thee gone. | 那么请你去吧 |
[2:00:02] | If for my sake Thou wilt o’ertake us hence a mile or twain | 你在离此一二哩处追上我 |
[2:00:06] | in the way to Dover, do it for ancient love, | 朝着多汶的方向 看在你对我多年情谊的份上 |
[2:00:09] | and bring some covering for this naked soul, | 来时给这裸体的人带件衣裳 |
[2:00:12] | which I’ll entreat to lead me. | 我要请他引路 |
[2:00:13] | Alack, sir, he is mad. | 先生 他是疯子呀 |
[2:00:18] | ‘Tis the time’s plague when madmen lead the blind. | 流年不利 疯子正好引导瞎子 |
[2:00:22] | Do as I bid thee, or rather do thy pleasure. | 按照我说的做 或是随便怎么做吧 |
[2:00:26] | Above the rest, be gone. | 最要紧的是 快走吧 |
[2:00:27] | I’ll bring him the best ‘pparel that I have, | 我会把我最好的衣服给他带来 |
[2:00:30] | come on’t what will. | 不管遇到什么事 |
[2:00:34] | Sirrah, naked fellow. | 裸体的人 |
[2:00:38] | Poor Tom’s a-cold. | 可怜的汤姆好冷 |
[2:00:41] | Come hither, fellow. | 走过来 朋友 |
[2:00:43] | Bless thy sweet eyes, they bleed. | 上帝保佑你的双眼 都流血了 |
[2:00:47] | Knowest thou the way to Dover? | 你知道去多汶的路吗 |
[2:00:49] | Both stile and gate, horseway and footpath. | 梯阶 关隘 马路 小径 我全知道 |
[2:00:52] | Poor Tom hath been scared out of his good wits. | 可怜的汤姆吓迷了心智 |
[2:00:55] | Bless thee, goodman’s son, from the foul fiend. | 保佑你 好人的儿子 躲开恶魔 |
[2:00:59] | Here, take this purse, | 来 给你这钱囊 |
[2:01:02] | thou whom the heavens’ plagues have humbled to all strokes. | 天灾使得你甘受一切苦难 |
[2:01:05] | That I am wretched Makes thee the happier. | 然而我的不幸却能给你带来幸福 |
[2:01:09] | Heavens deal so still! | 愿上天永远如此 |
[2:01:11] | Let the superfluous and lust-dieted man | 让那些富足的纵欲享乐之人 |
[2:01:14] | that slaves your ordinance, that will not see | 玩视天规戒律 他们视而不见 |
[2:01:16] | because he doth not feel, feel your power quickly, | 因为他们心无感觉 趁早感受你的威力吧 |
[2:01:20] | so distribution should undo excess and each man have enough. | 分配平均打破过度的财富 每人都能生活富足 |
[2:01:26] | Dost thou know Dover? | 你认识多汶吗 |
[2:01:29] | Ay, master. | 认识 先生 |
[2:01:31] | There is a cliff whose high and bending head | 那边有一座岩石 峭拔绝顶 |
[2:01:34] | looks fearfully in the confined deep. | 俯瞰幽深的海水 |
[2:01:37] | Bring me but to the very brim of it, | 把我带到山岩边去 |
[2:01:39] | and I’ll repair the misery thou dost bear | 我便把随身的钱财送你 |
[2:01:41] | with something rich about me. | 去改变生活 |
[2:01:44] | From that place I shall no leading need. | 到了那里我就不需要人引路了 |
[2:01:46] | Give me thy arm. | 把手给我 |
[2:01:50] | Poor Tom shall lead thee. | 可怜的汤姆会引导你的 |
[2:01:57] | Welcome, my lord. | 欢迎 伯爵 |
[2:02:00] | I marvel our mild husband not met us on the way. | 我的丈夫没在中途迎我 我觉得很怪 |
[2:02:04] | Now, where’s your master? | 你的主人在哪里 |
[2:02:05] | Madam, within, but never man so changed. | 夫人 就在里面 但是从没见过有人改变这么大 |
[2:02:09] | I told him of the army that was landed. | 我告诉他有军队登岸 |
[2:02:12] | He smiled at it. | 他一笑置之 |
[2:02:14] | I told him you were coming – His answer was “The worse.” | 我告诉他你来了 他说 不如不来 |
[2:02:18] | Of Gloucester’s treachery | 至于葛罗斯特的阴谋 |
[2:02:21] | and of the loyal service of his son, | 以及他儿子的忠诚 |
[2:02:24] | when I informed him, then he called me sot, | 我告诉他时 他竟骂我糊涂虫 |
[2:02:27] | and told me I had turned the wrong side out. | 说我颠倒是非 |
[2:02:30] | What most he should dislike seems pleasant to him, | 他以前最讨厌的事情如今最得他欢心 |
[2:02:33] | what like, offensive. | 喜欢的事却能惹恼他 |
[2:02:35] | Then shall you go no further. | 那么你不要进去了 |
[2:02:37] | It is the cowish terror of his spirit | 这是他怯懦畏缩的天性 |
[2:02:39] | that dares not undertake. | 使他不敢担当 |
[2:02:41] | He’ll not feel wrongs which tie him to an answer. | 他宁愿忍受侮辱也不肯挺身而出 |
[2:02:45] | Back, Edmund, to my brother. | 回去吧 爱德蒙 去我妹夫那里 |
[2:02:47] | Hasten his musters and conduct his powers. | 催促他招募 引导他的队伍 |
[2:02:50] | I must change names at home | 我家里只好换我掌权 |
[2:02:53] | and give the distaff into my husband’s hands. | 把内务交给我丈夫照管 |
[2:02:56] | This trusty servant shall pass between us. | 这个可靠地仆人可以给我们传递消息 |
[2:03:02] | Ere long you are like to hear – | 你若是敢于 |
[2:03:05] | if you dare venture in your own behalf – | 为自己谋利而犯险 |
[2:03:09] | a mistress’s command. | 那么不久你就可以听到情妇的召唤 |
[2:03:14] | Wear this. Spare speech. | 戴上这个 不必说了 |
[2:03:20] | This kiss, if it durst speak, | 这一吻 如果能替我说话 |
[2:03:23] | would stretch your spirit up into the air. | 会叫你的灵魂飞上天空 |
[2:03:29] | Conceive, and fare thee well. | 尽情想象吧 再会 |
[2:03:43] | Yours in the ranks of death. | 我愿为你赴汤蹈火 |
[2:03:54] | My most dear Gloucester. | 我最亲爱的葛罗斯特 |
[2:03:58] | O, the difference of man and man! | 人和人之间的差距多么大 |
[2:04:03] | To thee a woman’s services are due. | 女人应该把自己奉献给你这样的人 |
[2:04:06] | – A fool usurps my bed. – Madam, here comes my lord. | -而不该被一个蠢货侵犯 -夫人 公爵来了 |
[2:04:11] | I have been worth the whistling. | 当初我是值得你关注的 |
[2:04:13] | O Goneril, you are not worth the dust | 高纳里尔 现在你的价值还比不上 |
[2:04:17] | which the rude wind blows in your face. | 狂风吹到你脸上的尘埃 |
[2:04:21] | I fear your disposition. | 我替你的性情担心 |
[2:04:23] | That nature which contemns its origin | 一个人要是忘记初心 |
[2:04:26] | cannot be bordered certain in itself. | 就难免做出逾越本份之事 |
[2:04:29] | she that herself will sliver and disbranch | 这种女人如同枝叶脱离了树干 |
[2:04:32] | from her material sap perforce must wither, | 一定会失去活力而枯萎 |
[2:04:35] | and come to deadly use. | 变成无用的干柴 |
[2:04:37] | No more, the text is foolish. | 别说了 蠢话连篇 |
[2:04:40] | Wisdom and goodness to the vile seem vile, | 至理良言由卑鄙之人看来更是卑鄙 |
[2:04:44] | filths savour but themselves. | 龌龊之人只喜欢下流之事 |
[2:04:48] | What have you done? | 你们都做了些什么 |
[2:04:50] | Tigers, not daughters, what have you performed? | 你们是猛虎 不是女儿 干的是什么事 |
[2:04:54] | Could Cornwall suffer you to do it? | 康华尔能由得你们这样胡闹吗 |
[2:04:59] | If that the heavens do not their visible spirits | 若是上天不立刻派遣现形的天使 |
[2:05:01] | send quickly down to tame these vile offences, | 来阻止这些卑鄙的罪行 |
[2:05:05] | it will come. | 那它就会降临的 |
[2:05:09] | Humanity must perforce prey on itself, | 其结果必致使人类互相吞噬 |
[2:05:12] | like monsters of the deep. | 如海怪一般 |
[2:05:14] | Milk-livered man, that bear’st a cheek for blows, | 胆小之徒 你长着一张挨耳光的脸 |
[2:05:19] | a head for wrongs, | 一颗受辱的头 |
[2:05:20] | that hast not in thy brows an eye discerning | 你的额间没有一只 |
[2:05:23] | thine honour from thy suffering. | 能分辨荣辱的眼 |
[2:05:25] | Where’s thy drum?! | 你的战鼓在哪里 |
[2:05:27] | France spreads his banners in our noiseless land. | 法兰西已经在我们宁静的国土上张开了旗帜 |
[2:05:32] | With plumed helm thy state begins to threats, | 戴着羽饰的盔甲威吓着要杀你 |
[2:05:35] | whilst thou, a moral fool, sits still and cries, | 而你 一个讲道德的傻瓜 却静坐不动 |
[2:05:38] | “Alack, why does he so?! | 喊着 “他为何如此” |
[2:05:40] | See thyself, devil! | 看看你自己吧 恶魔 |
[2:05:42] | Proper deformity shows not in the fiend | 恶魔的丑态还没有女人的丑态 |
[2:05:45] | so horrid as in woman. | 来得吓人 |
[2:05:47] | – O vain fool! – Thou changed and self-covered thing, | -你这自负的蠢材 -你这披着人皮的东西 |
[2:05:50] | for shame be-monster not thy feature. | 好不害羞 可别露出怪相来 |
[2:05:54] | Were’t my fitness to let these hands obey my blood, | 如此我便能使我的双手服从我的血气 |
[2:05:57] | they are apt enough to dislocate | 立刻可以打脱你的关节 |
[2:05:59] | and tear thy flesh and bones. | 撕裂你的肉 |
[2:06:02] | Howe’er thou art a fiend, | 虽然你是个恶魔 |
[2:06:04] | a woman’s shape doth shield thee. | 但你女人的形体庇护了你 |
[2:06:06] | Marry, thy manhood, mew! | 你的男子气概 呸 |
[2:06:10] | What news? | 有什么消息 |
[2:06:10] | O, my good lord, the Duke of Cornwall’s dead, | 大人 康华尔公爵死了 |
[2:06:14] | slain by his servant, | 在要挖取葛罗斯特的 |
[2:06:15] | going to put out the other eye of Gloucester. | 第二只眼睛时 被他的仆人杀死了 |
[2:06:17] | Gloucester’s eyes? | 葛罗斯特的眼睛 |
[2:06:19] | A servant that he bred, thrilled with remorse, | 他豢养的一个仆人 激于怜悯之心 |
[2:06:22] | opposed against the act, bending his sword | 站出来反对此行 用他的剑 |
[2:06:24] | to his great master, who, thereat enraged, | 指着自己的主人 主人恼怒之下 |
[2:06:27] | flew on him and amongst them felled him dead. | 迎上前去 格斗之下便把他杀死了 |
[2:06:29] | But not without that harmful stroke | 但他也受了致命伤 |
[2:06:31] | which since hath plucked him after. | 随后便死了 |
[2:06:34] | This shows you are above, | 这就证明 |
[2:06:35] | you justicers, that these our nether crimes | 苍天尚有公理 下届的罪恶这样快地 |
[2:06:38] | so speedily can venge. | 遭到了报复 |
[2:06:40] | But, O, poor Gloucester, lost he his other eye? | 但可怜的葛罗斯特 他的那只眼也失去了吗 |
[2:06:43] | Both, both, my lord. | 他失去了双目 大人 |
[2:06:46] | This letter, madam, craves a speedy answer. | 这封信需要您立刻答复 夫人 |
[2:06:48] | ‘Tis from your sister. | 是您的妹妹写来的 |
[2:06:49] | I’ll read and answer. | 我看过之后就回复 |
[2:06:55] | Where was his son when they did take his eyes? | 他们挖他眼睛的时候 他儿子在哪 |
[2:06:58] | Come with my lady hither. | 随着夫人来了这里 |
[2:06:59] | He is not here. | 他现在没在这里 |
[2:07:00] | No, my good lord, I met him back again. | 是的大人 我遇见他又回去了 |
[2:07:03] | Knows he the wickedness? | 他知道这件恶毒之事吗 |
[2:07:05] | Ay, my good lord, ’twas he informed against him | 知道的 大人 就是他给告发的 |
[2:07:08] | and quit the house on purpose that their punishment | 故意离开家里好让他们 |
[2:07:11] | might have the freer course. | 自由处置他父亲 |
[2:07:12] | Gloucester, I live to thank thee | 葛罗斯特 我此生的目标 |
[2:07:14] | for the love thou showd’st the King | 就是要报答你对国王的忠诚 |
[2:07:16] | and to revenge thine eyes. | 并为你对双眼报仇 |
[2:07:20] | Come hither, friend, tell me what more thou know’st. | 过来 朋友 把你知道的都告诉我 |
[2:07:27] | Alack, ’tis he. | 就是他 |
[2:07:29] | Why, he was met even now as mad as the vexed sea, | 方才有人遇见他时 他像汹涌的大海般疯狂 |
[2:07:33] | singing aloud, | 高声歌唱着 |
[2:07:35] | crowned with rank fumiter and furrow-weeds, | 戴着地烟草 莠草 荆棘 |
[2:07:38] | with burdock, hemlock, nettles, cuckoo-flowers, | 毒芹 荨麻 杜鹃花 毒麦 |
[2:07:41] | darnel and all the idle weeds | 以及一切在粮谷中间生长的 |
[2:07:43] | that grow In our sustaining corn. | 乱草编织成的王冠 |
[2:07:45] | A century send forth. | 派一百个人去 |
[2:07:47] | Search every acre in the high-grown field | 搜查每一亩丰盛的田地 |
[2:07:49] | and bring him to our eye. | 把他带过来 |
[2:07:53] | What can man’s wisdom in the restoring his bereaved sense? | 若要恢复他受创的神经 我们能怎么做 |
[2:07:57] | He that helps him take all my outward worth. | 能治好他的人 我把所有财产送给他 |
[2:07:59] | There are means, madam. | 是有法子的 夫人 |
[2:08:02] | The foster nurse of nature is repose, | 安眠是我们人体的营养物 |
[2:08:05] | the which he lacks, that to provoke in him | 这也正是他缺乏的 有许多药能够 |
[2:08:07] | are many simples operative, | 催他安眠 |
[2:08:09] | whose power will close the eye of anguish. | 足以使他阖上痛苦的双眼 |
[2:08:12] | All blest secrets. | 那神秘的灵丹妙药 |
[2:08:14] | All you unpublished virtues of the earth, | 大地上所蕴藏的未知的解药 受了我 |
[2:08:17] | spring with my tears. | 泪水的浸润便滋长出来吧 |
[2:08:19] | Be aidant and remediate in the good man’s distress. | 快来治好这个好人的苦楚 |
[2:08:23] | Seek, seek for him, lest his ungoverned rage | 去 快去找他 否则他发作起来 |
[2:08:27] | dissolve the life that wants the means to lead it. | 会伤了他那失去了理性引导的性命 |
[2:08:29] | News, madam – | 报告 夫人 |
[2:08:30] | the British powers are marching hitherward. | 不列颠的军队正往这里进发 |
[2:08:33] | ‘Tis known before. | 早已知道了 |
[2:08:34] | Our preparation stands in expectation of them. | 我们正在严阵以待 |
[2:08:37] | O dear father, it is thy business that I go about. | 亲爱的父亲 我现在做的事是为了你 |
[2:08:41] | No blown ambition doth our arms incite, | 我们动兵并非激于野心 |
[2:08:45] | but love, dear love, | 而是为了爱 亲挚的爱 |
[2:08:47] | and our aged father’s right. | 以及我的老父的权利 |
[2:08:49] | Soon may I hear and see him. | 但愿我早些寻到他 见到他 |
[2:08:54] | But are my brother’s powers set forth? | 我姐夫的军队出发了吗 |
[2:08:55] | – Ay, madam. – Himself in person there? | -是的 夫人 -他亲自出马吗 |
[2:08:58] | Madam, with much ado. Your sister is the better soldier. | 夫人 很费了一番事 你姐姐反而更勇敢 |
[2:09:02] | Lord Edmund spake not with your lord at home? | 爱德蒙伯爵没在家跟你主人谈话吗 |
[2:09:05] | No, madam. | 没有夫人 |
[2:09:05] | What might import my sister’s letters to him? | 我姐姐写给他的信会是为了什么事呢 |
[2:09:08] | I know not, lady. | 我不知道 夫人 |
[2:09:09] | Faith, he is posted hence on serious matter. | 老实告诉你 他为了要紧的事匆忙走了 |
[2:09:13] | It was great ignorance, Gloucester’s eyes being out, | 葛罗斯特眼瞎了 还留他活着 |
[2:09:16] | to let him live. | 实在是蠢极了 |
[2:09:17] | Where he arrives he moves all hearts against us. | 他无论去哪都会激起所有人反对我们 |
[2:09:21] | Edmund, I think, is gone, | 爱德蒙此去 我想 |
[2:09:23] | in pity of his misery to dispatch his nighted life. | 大约是怜悯他的苦痛去结果他的暮年 |
[2:09:26] | Moreover, to descry the strength of the enemy. | 并且 更可能是去侦查敌人的兵力 |
[2:09:29] | I must needs after him, madam, with my letter. | 我一定要拿着这封信去追他 夫人 |
[2:09:32] | Stay with us. The ways are dangerous. | 你和我们留在这里 路上很危险 |
[2:09:36] | I may not, madam. My lady charged my duty in this business. | 不行 夫人 我的女主人命我办好这件事 |
[2:09:41] | Why might she write to Edmund? | 她给爱德蒙写信会是为了什么呢 |
[2:09:44] | Might not you transport her purposes by word? | 你不能口头把她的意思说一遍吗 |
[2:09:47] | Belike – some things, I know not what… | 大概是 我不不知道 |
[2:09:51] | ..I’ll love thee much. | 我会跟感激你的 |
[2:09:55] | – Let me unseal the letter. – Madam, I had rather… | -让我打开这封信吧 -夫人 我还是 |
[2:09:57] | I know your lady does not love her husband, | 我知道你的女主人不爱她的丈夫 |
[2:10:00] | I am sure of that. | 我很确定 |
[2:10:02] | And at her late being here she gave strange glances | 上次她在此地时 对爱德蒙 |
[2:10:06] | and most speaking looks to noble Edmund. | 不断地眉目传情 |
[2:10:09] | I know you are of her bosom. | 我知道你是她的心腹 |
[2:10:11] | – I, madam? – I speak in understanding, | -我吗 夫人 -我这么说是有根据的 |
[2:10:14] | you are, I know it. | 你是她的心腹 我知道 |
[2:10:15] | Therefore I do advise you take this note. | 因此我劝你 要注意这一点 |
[2:10:18] | My lord is dead. | 我的丈夫死了 |
[2:10:21] | Edmund and I have talked, | 爱德蒙和我已经谈过了 |
[2:10:24] | and more convenient is he for my hand | 他和我结婚要比和你的女主人结婚 |
[2:10:27] | than for your lady’s. | 更方便一些 |
[2:10:28] | You may gather more. | 你可以自己忖量一下 |
[2:10:30] | If you do find him, pray you give him this. | 你若是遇到他 请把这个给他 |
[2:10:33] | And when your mistress hears thus much from you, | 当你的夫人听到你的报告的时候 |
[2:10:36] | I pray desire her call her wisdom to her. | 我希望她能够多理智一些 |
[2:10:40] | So fare you well. | 再会吧 |
[2:10:45] | If you do chance to hear of that blind traitor, | 你如果恰好听到那个瞎眼叛徒的下落 |
[2:10:49] | preferment falls on him that cuts him off. | 你要知道谁杀死他谁就受赏 |
[2:10:52] | Would I could meet him, madam, | 如果我见到他 夫人 |
[2:10:54] | I should show what party I do follow. | 我会表明我的立场 |
[2:10:56] | Fare thee well. | 再会 |
[2:11:05] | When… When shall I come to the top of that same hill? | 我什么时候才能登上那山顶 |
[2:11:08] | You do climb up it now. Look how we labour. | 你现在就在爬着山呢 看我们多吃力 |
[2:11:12] | – Methinks the ground is even. – Horrible steep. | -我以为路的平的 -陡得可怕 |
[2:11:15] | Hark, do you hear the sea? | 听 你听见海声了吗 |
[2:11:17] | No, truly. | 没有 真的 |
[2:11:19] | Why then, your other senses grow imperfect | 那么 你应该是因为眼痛所以 |
[2:11:22] | by your eyes’ anguish. | 其他感官也不灵了 |
[2:11:23] | So might it be indeed. | 也许真是这样 |
[2:11:25] | Methinkest thy voice is altered and thou speak’st | 我觉得你的声音变了 你现在说话 |
[2:11:29] | in better phrase and matter than thou didst. | 比方才来得有条理 |
[2:11:31] | You’re much deceived – in nothing am I changed | 你错了 除了衣服之外 |
[2:11:34] | but in my garments. | 我什么也没有变 |
[2:11:35] | – Methinks you’re better spoken. – Come on, sir. | -我觉得你说话好一些 -来吧 先生 |
[2:11:44] | Here’s the place. | 就是这里 |
[2:11:46] | Stand still. | 站稳了 |
[2:11:48] | How fearful and dizzy ’tis to cast one’s eyes so low. | 向这样深的地方看下去是多么眩晕可怕 |
[2:11:54] | The crows and choughs that wing the midway air | 半空中飞着的乌鸦和赤脚鸦 |
[2:11:57] | show scarce so gross as beetles. | 还没有甲虫那么大 |
[2:12:00] | Half-way down Hangs one that gathers samphire, | 半山腰悬着一个采药草的人 |
[2:12:02] | dreadful trade. | 好可怕的事业 |
[2:12:04] | Methinks he seems no bigger than his head. | 我想他现在也就和他的头那般大 |
[2:12:08] | The fishermen that walk upon the beach | 走在岸上的渔人 |
[2:12:11] | appear like mice, | 像是老鼠 |
[2:12:13] | and yon tall anchoring barque diminished to her cock, | 那边停着的高船像是一只小舢板 |
[2:12:17] | her cock a buoy almost too small for sight. | 那舢板又像是无法辨识的浮标 |
[2:12:22] | The murmuring surge | 潺潺的水波 |
[2:12:24] | that on th’unnumbered idle pebbles chafes, | 冲在无数的碎石上 |
[2:12:27] | cannot be heard so high. | 在这么高的地方是听不到的 |
[2:12:29] | I’ll look no more, lest my brain turn | 我不能再看了 否则看得我 |
[2:12:32] | and the deficient sight topple down headlong. | 头晕要栽倒下去 |
[2:12:35] | Set me where you stand. | 领我到你站着的地方 |
[2:12:38] | Give me your hand. | 把手给我 |
[2:12:45] | You are now within a foot of the extreme verge. | 现在你离边沿只有一尺了 |
[2:12:49] | For all beneath the moon would I not leap upright. | 无论如何我都不愿往下跳 |
[2:12:51] | Let go of my hand. | 放开我的手 |
[2:12:54] | Here, friend, is another purse. | 给你 朋友 这是另一个钱袋 |
[2:12:57] | In it a jewel well worth a poor man’s taking. | 里面有一颗宝石 给穷人正好 |
[2:13:01] | Fairies and gods prosper it with thee. | 天神保佑你 |
[2:13:04] | Go thou farther off. | 走远一些 |
[2:13:06] | Bid me farewell and let me hear thee going. | 向我告辞吧 让我听着你走远 |
[2:13:10] | Now fare ye well, good sir. | 再见 祝好 先生 |
[2:13:12] | With all my heart. | 我是诚心诚意的 |
[2:13:16] | O ye Gods, | 神啊 |
[2:13:18] | This world I do renounce and in your sights | 我抛弃这尘世 当着你的面 |
[2:13:21] | Shake patiently my great affliction off. | 安心摆脱我的痛楚 |
[2:13:25] | If I could bear it longer and not fall | 若我能再多忍受些而不倒下 |
[2:13:27] | To quarrel with your great opposeless wills, | 与你不可抵御的意志抗衡 |
[2:13:30] | My snuff and loathsome part of nature | 我的令人厌恶的本性 |
[2:13:33] | Would burn itself out. | 将走向自我毁灭 |
[2:13:37] | If Edgar live… | 若爱德加活着 |
[2:13:40] | ..O, bless him! | 上帝保佑他 |
[2:13:43] | Now, fellow… | 朋友 |
[2:13:46] | ..Fare thee well! | 再见 |
[2:13:47] | Gone, sir. | 我走了 先生 |
[2:14:10] | Alive or dead? | 还活着吗 |
[2:14:13] | Ho, you sir! | 这位先生 |
[2:14:16] | Friend, hear you, sir? | 朋友 听到了吗 先生 |
[2:14:21] | Speak! | 说话 |
[2:14:24] | What are you, sir? | 你是谁 先生 |
[2:14:25] | Away and let me die. | 走开 让我死 |
[2:14:27] | Hadst thou been aught but gossamer, feathers, air, | 你如果不是游丝 羽毛 空气 |
[2:14:31] | So many fathom down precipitating, | 从这么陡峭的地方摔下 |
[2:14:34] | Thou’dst shivered like an egg. | 你就碎得像鸡蛋一样了 |
[2:14:36] | But thou dost breathe, | 但你却还呼吸 |
[2:14:38] | Hast heavy substance, | 你有坚实的身体 |
[2:14:41] | bleed’st not, speak’st, art sound. | 不流血 能说话 还很健康 |
[2:14:44] | Ten masts at each make not the altitude | 十个桅杆接起来的长度 |
[2:14:47] | Which thou hast perpendicularly fell. | 也比不上你下落的高度 |
[2:14:50] | Thy life’s a miracle. | 你的生命简直是奇迹 |
[2:14:53] | Speak yet again. | 你再说句话 |
[2:14:55] | But have I fallen, or no? | 但我真的摔下来了吗 |
[2:14:56] | From the dread summit of this chalky bourn. | 从那令人生畏的白岩上摔下 |
[2:15:00] | Look up a-height – the shrill-gorged lark so far | 抬头往高处看 云雀也不见踪 |
[2:15:04] | Cannot be seen or heard. | 鸟鸣也听不到 |
[2:15:06] | Do but look up. | 你向上看 |
[2:15:07] | Alack, I have no eyes! | 我没有了眼睛 |
[2:15:11] | Is wretchedness deprived that benefit | 悲惨的人连自杀的权利 |
[2:15:14] | To end itself by death? | 都被剥夺了吗 |
[2:15:17] | ‘Twas yet some comfort | 也算是一种安慰吧 |
[2:15:18] | When misery could beguile the tyrant’s rage | 悲惨骗过了命运的残暴 |
[2:15:21] | And frustrate his proud will. | 摧毁了他骄傲的意志 |
[2:15:24] | Give me your arm. | 把手给我 |
[2:15:26] | Up. | 起来 |
[2:15:30] | So. | 那么 |
[2:15:38] | How is’t? | 怎么样 |
[2:15:39] | Feel you your legs? | 腿上有感觉吗 |
[2:15:41] | You stand. | 来站好 |
[2:15:42] | Too well, too well. | 太好了 太好了 |
[2:15:44] | This is above all strangeness. | 这真是太神奇了 |
[2:15:48] | Upon the crown o’the cliff what thing was that | 在山顶上的那人是谁 |
[2:15:50] | Which parted from you? | 那个和你道别的人 |
[2:15:52] | A poor unfortunate beggar. | 一个可怜的不幸的乞丐 |
[2:15:53] | As I stood here below | 我站在下面 |
[2:15:55] | methought his eyes Were two full moons. | 还以为他的双眼是两个满月 |
[2:16:00] | He had a thousand noses, | 他有一千只鼻子 |
[2:16:02] | Horns whelked and waved like the enraged sea. | 双角弯曲 如同汹涌海波 |
[2:16:07] | It was some fiend. | 那是个怪物 |
[2:16:10] | Therefore, thou happy father, Think that the clearest gods, | 所以 你这幸运的老父 想想明鉴的天神 |
[2:16:15] | who make them honours Of men’s impossibilities, | 做出了人类无法做到的事 |
[2:16:17] | have preserved thee. | 拯救了你 |
[2:16:20] | I do remember now. | 我现在想起来了 |
[2:16:23] | Henceforth I’ll bear affliction Till it do cry out itself, | 从此我将忍受痛楚 直到它自己大喊 |
[2:16:28] | “Enough, enough,” And die. | “够了 够了” 然后消亡 |
[2:16:31] | That thing you speak of, I took it for a man. | 你说的那个东西 我以为是个人 |
[2:16:36] | Oft ‘twould say, “The fiend, the fiend.” | 他说着 “魔鬼 魔鬼” |
[2:16:40] | He led me to that place. | 他把我引到了那个地方 |
[2:16:43] | Bear free and patient thoughts. | 思想自由 放空 |
[2:16:47] | No! | 不 |
[2:16:54] | They cannot touch me for coining. | 他们不能处置我冒充之罪 |
[2:16:56] | I am the King himself. | 我就是国王 |
[2:16:58] | O thou side-piercing sight! | 你这令人心痛的样子 |
[2:17:01] | Nature’s above art in that respect. | 本性是表演不出来的 |
[2:17:07] | There’s your press-money. | 那是你的安家费 |
[2:17:12] | That fellow handles his bow like a crow-keeper. | 那家伙拿弓的样子像个养鸟的 |
[2:17:16] | Draw me a clothier’s yard. | 给我拉一个一码长的箭 |
[2:17:20] | Look, look, a mouse! Peace, peace. | 看 看 一只老鼠 安静 安静 |
[2:17:25] | This piece of toasted cheese will do it. | 这块烤奶酪就行 |
[2:17:30] | There. | 来 |
[2:17:37] | There’s my gauntlet, I’ll prove it on a giant. | 那是我的铁手套 我敢和巨人比拼 |
[2:17:42] | Bring up the brown bills. | 把军队召来 |
[2:17:44] | O, well flown, bird, | 飞得好 小鸟 |
[2:17:47] | in the clout, | 射中了 |
[2:17:49] | in the clout! | 射中了 |
[2:17:59] | Give the word. | 口令 |
[2:18:02] | Pass. | 通过 |
[2:18:04] | I know that voice. | 我认得那声音 |
[2:18:07] | Goneril with a white beard? | 高纳里尔有白胡子 |
[2:18:10] | They flattered me like a dog and told me | 他们像狗一样奉承我 |
[2:18:13] | I had the white hairs in my beard ere the black ones were there | 说我长黑胡子之前就有了白胡须的风度 |
[2:18:18] | to say “Ay” And “No” To everything I said “Ay” And “No” To | 我说什么 他们就跟着唯唯诺诺 |
[2:18:23] | was no good divinity. | 这样可不是真正的信仰 |
[2:18:27] | When the rain came to wet me once | 当雨水把我打湿 |
[2:18:30] | and the wind to make me chatter, | 当狂风让我颤抖 |
[2:18:33] | when the thunder would not peace at my bidding, | 当雷电不受命停止 |
[2:18:36] | there I found ’em, there I smelt ’em out. | 我看穿了他们 我嗅出了他们 |
[2:18:39] | Go to, you are not men of your words. | 去吧 你不是守信的人 |
[2:18:43] | They told me I was everything. | 他们说我就是一切 |
[2:18:46] | ‘Tis a lie, I am not ague-proof. | 那是个谎言 我不是无法反驳的 |
[2:18:49] | The trick of that voice I do well remember – is’t not the King? | 那声音我记得很清楚 那不是国王吗 |
[2:18:52] | Ay, every inch a king. | 是啊 如假包换的国王 |
[2:18:55] | When I do stare, see how the subject quakes. | 我瞪眼凝视 看子民是多么震惊 |
[2:19:00] | I pardon that man’s life. What was thy cause? | 我饶恕那人一命 你犯的事是什么 |
[2:19:04] | Adultery? Thou shalt not die – | 通奸 你倒不至于去死 |
[2:19:07] | die for adultery? No! | 因通奸而死 不 |
[2:19:10] | The wren goes to it, and the small gilded fly | 鹪鹩尚可交尾 小金蝇也可以 |
[2:19:14] | Does lecher in my sight. | 当着我的面交配 |
[2:19:16] | Let copulation thrive. | 让交媾之事繁盛起来吧 |
[2:19:21] | For Gloucester’s bastard son | 葛罗斯特的私生子 |
[2:19:23] | Was kinder to his father than were my daughters | 远比我正当妻子生出来的女儿 |
[2:19:26] | Got ‘tween the lawful sheets. | 要孝顺的多 |
[2:19:28] | To it, luxury, pell-mell! | 纵欲吧 狂放吧 |
[2:19:32] | For I lack soldiers. | 因为我缺少战士 |
[2:19:35] | Behold yond simp’ring dame, | 看那边傻笑的女人 |
[2:19:39] | Whose face between her forks presages snow, | 脸上表现得好像双腿间如雪一样贞洁 |
[2:19:42] | That minces virtue and does shake the head | 听到色欲欢愉的事 |
[2:19:45] | To hear of pleasure’s name – | 就装腔作势地摇头 |
[2:19:46] | The fitchew, nor the soiled horse, goes to it | 实际却比臭鼬或是野马 |
[2:19:50] | With a more riotous appetite. | 更加性致勃勃 |
[2:19:53] | Down from the waist they are centaurs, | 从腰以下都是半人半马兽 |
[2:19:55] | Though women all above. | 尽管上半身是女人 |
[2:19:58] | But to the girdle do the Gods inherit, | 但仅仅腰带以上是属于神的 |
[2:20:01] | Beneath it’s all the fiends’ – | 腰带以下全部属于恶魔 |
[2:20:04] | there’s hell, there’s darkness, | 那里有地狱 有黑暗 |
[2:20:07] | There’s the sulphurous pit – | 有硫磺窟 |
[2:20:10] | burning, scalding, | 燃烧着 发热着 |
[2:20:13] | Stench, consumption! | 散着恶臭 腐烂着 |
[2:20:16] | Fie, fie, fie! Pah, pah! | 呸 呸 |
[2:20:21] | Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, | 给我一盎司麝香 好药师 |
[2:20:25] | To sweeten my imagination. | 让我的臆想更加美妙 |
[2:20:27] | – There’s money for thee. – O, let me kiss that hand! | -这是给你的钱 -啊 让我亲吻那只手 |
[2:20:30] | Let me wipe it first – it smells of mortality. | 先让我擦擦 上面有死人的味道 |
[2:20:34] | O ruined piece of nature, | 毁坏了的自然之作 |
[2:20:36] | that this great world shall so wear out to naught. | 这伟大是世界将消失殆尽 |
[2:20:39] | Dost thou know me? | 你认识我吗 |
[2:20:41] | I remember thine eyes well enough. | 你的眼睛我记得很清楚 |
[2:20:44] | Dost thou squint at me? | 你在斜眼看我吗 |
[2:20:47] | No, do thy worst, blind Cupid, I’ll not love. | 展现最糟的一面吧盲眼丘比特 我偏不坠入爱河 |
[2:20:53] | Read thou this challenge, mark but the penning of it. | 你来读这战书 只用看这字迹 |
[2:20:58] | Were all the letters suns, I could not see one. | 即使这些字都是太阳 我也看不到 |
[2:21:00] | – Read. – What? With the case of eyes? | -读吧 -什么 用这双眼来读吗 |
[2:21:03] | Oh-ho, are you there with me? | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[2:21:05] | No eyes in your head, nor no money in your purse? | 头上没有眼睛 钱包里没有钱 |
[2:21:08] | Your eyes are in a heavy case, your purse in a light, | 你的双眼很沉重 你的钱包却很轻 |
[2:21:11] | yet you see how this world goes. | 可你还是能看到这世界的样子 |
[2:21:13] | – I see it feelingly. – What, art mad? | -我深切地看到了 -怎么 你疯了吗 |
[2:21:17] | A man may see how this world goes with no eyes. | 没有双眼 一个人还能看到这世界的样子 |
[2:21:20] | Look with thine ears. | 用你的耳朵看 |
[2:21:22] | See how yon justice rails upon yon simple thief. | 看那个法官如何斥责那个小贼 |
[2:21:27] | Hark in thine ear – change places and handy-dandy, | 用你的耳朵听 他们换了位置 你猜猜看 |
[2:21:31] | which is the justice, which is the thief? | 哪个是法官 哪个是贼 |
[2:21:34] | Thou hast seen a farmer’s dog bark at a beggar? | 你看见过农夫的狗对着乞丐叫吗 |
[2:21:38] | Ay, sir. | 看到过 先生 |
[2:21:39] | And the creature run from the cur – | 那人飞快地逃离恶狗 |
[2:21:41] | there thou might’st behold the great image of authority – | 你可以看到权势是什么样 |
[2:21:46] | A dog is obeyed in office. | 狗也向权位低头 |
[2:21:49] | Thou, rascal beadle, hold thy bloody hand. | 你这混混小吏 收回你那肮脏的手 |
[2:21:54] | Why dost thou lash that whore? | 你为什么抽打那个娼妓 |
[2:21:56] | Thou hotly lusts to use her in that kind | 你那么起劲地奸淫了她 |
[2:21:59] | For which thou whipp’st her. | 现在又这样抽打她 |
[2:22:06] | The usurer hangs the cozener. | 放高利贷的人绞死了骗子 |
[2:22:11] | Through tattered clothes great vices do appear – | 恶行从褴褛的衣衫暴露出来 |
[2:22:16] | Robes and furred gowns hide all. | 长袍和皮草便可掩盖一切 |
[2:22:20] | Plate sin with gold, | 给罪行穿上金甲 |
[2:22:22] | And the strong lance of justice hurtless breaks. | 正义的长矛也无法伤它分毫 |
[2:22:26] | Arm it in rags, a pigmy’s straw does pierce it. | 若披以破布 小小的一根干草就能将它刺穿 |
[2:22:30] | None does offend, none, I say none. | 没有一个人是犯罪的 没有一个 |
[2:22:33] | I’ll able ’em. | 我敢为他们担保 |
[2:22:34] | Take that of me, my friend, | 信我的话 朋友 |
[2:22:35] | who has the power To seal the accuser’s lips. | 我有办法堵住原告的嘴 |
[2:22:39] | Get thee glass eyes, | 装上玻璃眼睛 |
[2:22:41] | And like a scurvy politician | 像个卑鄙的政客那样 |
[2:22:43] | seem To see the things thou dost not. | 假装看见了你所看不见的东西 |
[2:22:47] | Now, now, now, now. | 来 来 来 |
[2:22:50] | If thou wilt weep my fortunes, take my eyes. | 你若愿为我的不幸哭泣 拿走我的眼睛吧 |
[2:22:55] | I know thee well enough. | 我知道你是谁 |
[2:22:58] | Thy name is Gloucester. | 你的名字叫葛罗斯特 |
[2:23:01] | Thou must be patient. | 你必须要忍耐 |
[2:23:03] | We came crying hither. | 我们是哭着来到这世上的 |
[2:23:06] | Thou know’st that when we are born, | 当我们出生的时候 |
[2:23:08] | the first time we smell the air, | 刚刚呼吸到空气 |
[2:23:10] | We wawl and cry. | 就开始哇哇地哭起来 |
[2:23:13] | – I will preach to thee. Mark me. – Alack, alack the day! | -我要告诉你些道理 听着 -呜呼哀哉 |
[2:23:17] | When we are born, we cry | 当我们出生时便开始哭泣 |
[2:23:20] | that we have come to this great stage of fools. | 因为我们降生在了这个满是傻瓜的世界 |
[2:23:25] | This a good block. | 这个帽子的式样不错 |
[2:23:27] | It were a delicate stratagem, | 把毛毡钉在这群马的蹄子上 |
[2:23:29] | to shoe a troop of horse with felt. | 真是一条妙计 |
[2:23:32] | When I have stolen upon these son-in-laws, | 这样我就可以偷偷接近我的女婿们 |
[2:23:34] | Then kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill! | 然后就杀呀 杀呀 杀呀 |
[2:23:37] | O, here he is. Lay hand upon him. | 他在这 快抓住他 |
[2:23:40] | Sir, your most dear daughter… | 陛下 您亲爱的女儿… |
[2:23:42] | No rescue? | 没人来救我吗 |
[2:23:44] | What, a prisoner? | 什么 我成囚犯了 |
[2:23:47] | I am even a natural fool of fortune. | 我生下来就被命运愚弄 |
[2:23:49] | Use me well, | 请善待我 |
[2:23:51] | you shall have ransom. | 会有人来赎我的 |
[2:23:53] | Let me have surgeons. | 替我请几个医生 |
[2:23:55] | I am cut to the brains. | 我的头受伤了 |
[2:23:57] | – You shall have anything. – Good sir. | -你会得到所需的一切 -先生 |
[2:24:01] | I will die bravely, like a smug bridegroom. | 我会像一个得意的新郎那样勇敢的死去 |
[2:24:06] | I will be jovial. | 我会很快乐的 |
[2:24:11] | Come, come, I am a king, my masters, know you that? | 过来 我是一个国王 你们知道吗 |
[2:24:15] | You are a royal one and we obey you. | 您是一位尊主 我们都服从于您 |
[2:24:20] | Then, there’s life in’t. | 那我还能保住这条命 |
[2:24:22] | Come and you shall get it. | 如果你们想要的话就来拿吧 |
[2:24:27] | And you shall get it by… | 而你们要做的就是… |
[2:24:30] | ..Running. | 跑起来 |
[2:24:34] | Hail, gentle sir! | 你好 先生 |
[2:24:36] | – Sir, speed you. – What’s your will? | -先生 保佑你 -你有什么事吗 |
[2:24:38] | Do you hear aught, Sir, of a battle toward? | 你有没有听见消息 说将要发生战事 |
[2:24:40] | Most sure and vulgar. | 这千真万确 |
[2:24:41] | Everyone hears that which can distinguish sound. | 每个长耳朵的人都听说了 |
[2:24:43] | But, by your favour, how near’s the other army? | 请问你知道军队距离这有多远吗 |
[2:24:45] | Near and on speedy foot. | 很近了 他们来得很快 |
[2:24:47] | The main descry stands on the hourly thought. | 他们的主力部队随时可能抵达这里 |
[2:24:50] | I thank you, sir. That’s all. | 谢谢 没有其他事了 |
[2:24:52] | You ever gentle gods, take my breath from me. | 仁慈的神啊 赐我一死吧 |
[2:24:54] | Let not my worser spirit tempt me again | 不要让我罪恶的灵魂在您之前 |
[2:24:57] | to die before you please. | 诱导我走向死亡 |
[2:24:59] | Well pray you, father. | 很好的祷告 老人家 |
[2:25:01] | Now, good sir… | 先生 |
[2:25:05] | ..What are you? | 你是谁 |
[2:25:08] | A most poor man, made tame to fortune’s blows, | 一个穷人 备受命运的打击 |
[2:25:12] | Who by the art of known and feeling sorrows, | 因为自己经历过这些痛苦 |
[2:25:16] | Am pregnant to good pity. | 所以对于不幸的人总是抱以同情 |
[2:25:18] | Give me your hand. | 把手给我 |
[2:25:21] | – I’ll lead you to some biding. – Hearty thanks. | -让我带您去可以栖身的地方 -太感谢了 |
[2:25:24] | The bounty and the benison of heaven | 愿上天降予您无穷无尽的 |
[2:25:27] | to boot. | 福泽 |
[2:25:31] | A proclaimed prize! | 悬赏通缉的要犯 |
[2:25:35] | Most happy. | 太棒了 |
[2:25:38] | That eyeless head of thine was first framed flesh | 你这颗没有眼镜的脑袋注定 |
[2:25:44] | to raise my fortunes. | 要为我带来财富 |
[2:25:47] | Thou old, unhappy…traitor! | 你这个可悲的老奸贼 |
[2:25:53] | Briefly thyself remember. | 赶快忏悔你的罪过吧 |
[2:25:55] | The sword is out That must destroy thee. | 剑已经拔出 你今天难逃一死 |
[2:25:58] | Now let thy friendly hand put strength enough to it. | 希望你动手时能多用点力气 |
[2:26:00] | Wherefore…bold peasant? | 你要干什么 你这个大胆的村夫 |
[2:26:05] | Dar’st thou support a published traitor?! | 你竟敢维护一个被通缉的叛徒 |
[2:26:10] | Hence! | 快让开 |
[2:26:12] | Lest that the infection of his fortune take like hold on thee. | 免得你落得跟他一样的下场 |
[2:26:20] | – Let go his arm. – ‘Chill not let go, | -放开他的胳膊 -你若不说清楚 |
[2:26:22] | zir, without vurther ‘cagion. | 我是不会放的 |
[2:26:24] | Let go, slave, or thou diest. | 放开他 奴隶 不然我要了你的命 |
[2:26:28] | Good gentleman, go your gait and let poor folk pass. | 先生 你走你的路 放过穷人吧 |
[2:26:32] | Out, dunghill! | 滚开 杂种 |
[2:26:37] | Slave, thou hast slain me! | 奴隶 你杀害了我 |
[2:26:41] | Villain, take my purse. | 你这个混蛋 拿走我的钱囊吧 |
[2:26:44] | If ever thou wilt thrive, bury my body | 如果你希望以后有好日子过 那就将我埋葬 |
[2:26:46] | And give the letters which thou find’st about me to Edmund, | 并把我身上的信送给葛罗斯特伯爵 |
[2:26:50] | Earl of Gloucester. | 爱德蒙大人 |
[2:26:51] | Seek him out upon the English…party. | 他正身处于英国的军队中 |
[2:26:58] | I know thee well. | 我认识你 |
[2:27:00] | A serviceable villain, | 一个讨主子欢心的奴才 |
[2:27:02] | As duteous to the vices of thy mistress | 对你那无恶不赦的女主人 |
[2:27:04] | As badness would desire. | 言听计从 |
[2:27:06] | What, is he dead? | 什么 他死了吗 |
[2:27:08] | Sit you down, father. Rest you. | 坐下吧 老人家 好好休息 |
[2:27:12] | Let’s see these pockets. | 让我搜一下他的口袋 |
[2:27:14] | The letters that he speaks of May be my friends. | 他提到的这封信或许对我有些用处 |
[2:27:19] | “Let our reciprocal vows be remembered. | “不要忘记我们发过的誓约 |
[2:27:23] | “You have many opportunities to cut him off. | 你有很多机会可以铲除他 |
[2:27:25] | “If your will want not, | 只要你意志坚决 |
[2:27:27] | time and place will be fruitfully offered. | 一切都不是问题 |
[2:27:31] | “There is nothing done if he return the conqueror, | 他若是得胜归来 那什么都完了 |
[2:27:33] | “Then am I the prisoner and his bed, my jail, | 我将会变成囚犯 他的眠床就是我的牢狱 |
[2:27:37] | “From the loathed warmth whereof, deliver me | 快把我从他令人厌恶的怀抱中解救出来吧 |
[2:27:40] | “And supply the place for your labour. | 他的位置将由你来取代 这是你应得的 |
[2:27:43] | “Your wife, so I would say. | 希望我能变成你的妻子 |
[2:27:47] | “Goneril.” | 高纳里尔” |
[2:27:51] | Oh, the King is mad. | 国王疯了 |
[2:27:54] | How stiff is my vile sense, | 而我的理智却如此顽强 |
[2:27:56] | That I stand up and have ingenious feelings | 依然能清晰地感受到这巨大的创伤 |
[2:27:59] | of my huge sorrows? | 所带来的剧痛 |
[2:28:02] | Better I were distract… | 我还是疯掉比较好… |
[2:28:05] | ..So should my thoughts be severed from my griefs | 这样我就可以不再去想我的悲哀 |
[2:28:08] | And woes by wrong imaginations lose the knowledge of themselves. | 身处迷惘之中 忘却一切的伤痛 |
[2:28:12] | Give me your hand. | 把您的手给我 |
[2:28:13] | Far off, methinks I hear the beaten drum. | 我好像听见远方有鼓声 |
[2:28:15] | Come, father, I’ll bestow you with a friend. | 来 老人家 我带您去我朋友的住处 |
[2:28:35] | How does the King? | 国王现在怎么样 |
[2:28:36] | Madam, sleeps still. | 公主 他还在睡着 |
[2:28:38] | O, you kind gods! Cure this great breach in his abused nature, | 仁慈的神啊 请治愈他精神所受的重创 |
[2:28:42] | Th’untuned and jarring senses. | 请让这个被女儿气疯 |
[2:28:44] | O, wind up, Of this child-changed father. | 精神错乱的父亲恢复理智吧 |
[2:28:47] | So please your majesty, | 请问殿下 |
[2:28:48] | That we may wake the King? He hath slept long. | 我们能否把国王叫醒 他睡很久了 |
[2:28:51] | Be governed by your knowledge | 你自己斟酌 |
[2:28:52] | and proceed In the sway of your own will. | 该怎么做自行决定 |
[2:28:54] | In the heaviness of sleep, We put fresh garments on him. | 我们在他熟睡时替他换上了新衣 |
[2:28:58] | Be by, good madam. | 请您不要走开 |
[2:28:59] | When we do wake the king, I doubt not his temperance. | 我相信国王醒来后 他的神智就会清醒了 |
[2:29:02] | Very well. | 太好了 |
[2:29:04] | Please you, draw near. | 请您走近些 |
[2:29:13] | O, my dear father, restoration hang Thy medicine on my lips | 亲爱的父亲 愿我嘴唇上有恢复神智的灵药 |
[2:29:17] | and let this kiss Repair those violent harms | 让这一吻抹去两位姐姐 |
[2:29:20] | that my two sisters have in thy reverence made. | 施加在你身上的无情的伤害吧 |
[2:29:22] | Kind and dear princess. | 真是一位善良的公主 |
[2:29:25] | Had you not been their father, | 即便你不是他们的父亲 |
[2:29:28] | these white flakes did challenge pity of them. | 这满头白发也应唤起他们的怜悯之心 |
[2:29:31] | Was this a face To be opposed against the warring winds? | 这一张苍老的面庞怎么受得起战争的洗礼 |
[2:29:34] | To stand against the deep dread-bolted thunder, | 在可怕的雷霆之中顽强抵抗 |
[2:29:37] | In the most terrible and nimble stroke of quick cross-lightning? | 在迅驰的闪电之下拼命坚守 |
[2:29:43] | To watch, poor perdu, With this thin helm? | 可怜的哨兵 穿戴着如此单薄的盔甲守夜 |
[2:29:46] | Mine enemy’s dog, | 即使是敌人的狗 |
[2:29:47] | Though he had bit me should have stood that night Against my fire. | 虽然它咬过我 我还是会让它凑近火堆过夜 |
[2:29:51] | And wast thou fain, poor father, | 但是您 我可怜的父亲 |
[2:29:53] | To hovel thee with swine and rogues forlorn, | 却与猪和流浪汉躲在同一个茅棚之下 |
[2:29:57] | In short and musty straw? | 栖身于发霉的烂草之中 |
[2:30:01] | Tis wonder that thy life and wits at once had not concluded all. | 您的生命竟然没有和您的智慧一同消失 |
[2:30:04] | He wakes. Speak to him. | 他醒了 跟他说些什么 |
[2:30:06] | Madam, do you. ‘Tis fittest. | 殿下 您来说才是最合适的 |
[2:30:13] | How does my royal lord? How fares your majesty? | 尊敬的陛下 您还好吗 |
[2:30:18] | You do me wrong… to take me out of the grave. | 你不应把我从坟墓中拖出来 |
[2:30:24] | Thou art a soul in bliss, | 你的灵魂被赋予恩泽 |
[2:30:27] | but I am bound Upon a wheel of fire | 但我却缚在火轮之上 |
[2:30:30] | that mine own tears Do scald like molten lead. | 连我的眼泪都像熔铅一样灼烧着我的脸 |
[2:30:33] | Sir, do you know me? | 父亲 您认识我吗 |
[2:30:36] | You are a spirit, I know. | 我知道 你是一只鬼 |
[2:30:40] | Where did you die? | 你死于何时何地 |
[2:30:41] | Still, still far wide. | 还是疯疯癫癫的 |
[2:30:43] | He’s scarce awake. Let him alone awhile. | 他还没有完全清醒 暂时不要打扰他 |
[2:30:48] | Where have I been? | 我去过何处 |
[2:30:52] | Where am I? Fair daylight? | 我现在又在哪里 明亮的白昼吗 |
[2:30:58] | I am mightily abused. | 我被大大地欺骗了 |
[2:31:01] | I should ev’n die with pity to see another thus. | 我若见他人落此田地 也要悲悯而死 |
[2:31:16] | I know not what to say. | 我不知道说什么好 |
[2:31:20] | I will not swear these are my hands – let’s see. | 我不敢发誓说这是我的手 我试试看 |
[2:31:28] | I feel this pin prick. | 我感受得到这痛 |
[2:31:31] | Would I were assured of my condition. | 但愿我能确知我的处境 |
[2:31:34] | O, look upon me, sir, | 请看看我 阁下 |
[2:31:35] | And hold your hands in benediction! | 请你伸手祝福我 |
[2:31:36] | No, sir, you must not kneel. | 不 阁下 你别跪 |
[2:31:38] | Pray do not mock me. | 请你别愚弄我 |
[2:31:41] | I am a very foolish, fond old man, | 我是一个很糊涂的老头子 |
[2:31:44] | Fourscore and upward, not an hour more nor less, | 足足的八十多岁 不多一时不少一时 |
[2:31:49] | And, to deal plainly, I fear I am not in my perfect mind. | 并且老实说 我恐怕我脑筋不十分清楚 |
[2:31:55] | Methinks I should know you and know this man, | 我以为我该认识你和这个人 |
[2:32:00] | Yet I am doubtful, for I am mainly ignorant of what place this is | 但我没把握 因为我完全不晓得这是哪 |
[2:32:07] | and all the skill I have remembers not these garments. | 凭我所有的理解 也记不起这是我的衣服 |
[2:32:12] | Nor I know not | 我也不知道 |
[2:32:14] | Where I did lodge last night. | 昨晚是睡在哪里 |
[2:32:18] | Do not laugh at me, | 别笑我 |
[2:32:21] | For, as I am a man, | 因为我还是个男人 |
[2:32:24] | I think this lady To be my child Cordelia. | 我敢说这位夫人即是我的女儿考狄利娅 |
[2:32:29] | And so I am, I am. | 我是的 我是 |
[2:32:36] | Be your tears wet? | 你的泪还湿着 |
[2:32:39] | Yes, faith, I pray, weep not. | 是的 信念 祈祷 你别哭了 |
[2:32:47] | If you have poison for me, I will drink it. | 你若是有毒药给我 我会喝 |
[2:32:52] | I know you do not love me, | 我知道你不爱我 |
[2:32:54] | for your sisters Have, as I remember, done me wrong. | 我记起来了 你的姐姐们都负了我 |
[2:32:59] | You have some cause, they have not. | 你有理由 她们没有 |
[2:33:01] | No cause, no cause. | 没有理由 没有理由 |
[2:33:07] | Am I in France? | 我在法兰西吗 |
[2:33:09] | In your own kingdom, sir. | 在您自己的王国呢 阁下 |
[2:33:11] | Do not abuse me. | 别骗我 |
[2:33:12] | Be comforted, good madam, | 你放心吧 好夫人 |
[2:33:15] | the great rage you see is killed in him, | 他的大病已除 |
[2:33:18] | and yet there is danger | 但危险仍在 |
[2:33:20] | To make him even o’er the time he has lost. | 不能让他回想他经过的情形 |
[2:33:23] | Desire him to go in. | 请他进去吧 |
[2:33:24] | Trouble him no more till further settling. | 不要打搅他 等他冷静下来 |
[2:33:27] | Will’t please your highness walk? | 陛下请回吧 |
[2:33:29] | You must bear with me. | 你一定要宽恕我 |
[2:33:33] | Pray you now, forget and forgive… | 请你忘怀并原谅… |
[2:33:38] | I am old and foolish. | 我是老糊涂了 |
[2:33:49] | Know of the Duke if his last purpose hold, | 去探知公爵是坚持他的原意 |
[2:33:51] | or whether since he is advised by aught to change the course. | 还是后来受人劝诱改了方针 |
[2:33:56] | He’s full of alteration and self-reproving. | 他是逡巡善变并且自我谴责的 |
[2:33:59] | Bring his constant pleasure. | 把他的决意报告给我 |
[2:34:03] | Our sister’s man is certainly miscarried. | 我姐姐的仆人必是遭了意外 |
[2:34:05] | ‘Tis to be doubted, madam. | 恐怕是如此 夫人 |
[2:34:07] | Now, sweet lord, | 我的好大人 |
[2:34:09] | You know the goodness I intend upon you – | 你知道我对你的好意了 |
[2:34:12] | Tell me but truly, but then speak the truth… | 现在你要告诉我实在的 要说真话 |
[2:34:16] | Do you not love my sister? | 你爱不爱我的姐姐 |
[2:34:18] | In honoured love. | 非常尊重的爱 |
[2:34:20] | But have you never found my brother’s way to the forfended place? | 但是你从没有随我姐夫一尝禁果吗 |
[2:34:25] | That thought abuses you. | 你这样想就错了 |
[2:34:26] | I am doubtful that you have been conjunct and bosomed with her, | 我恐怕你已经和她交合亲昵过了 |
[2:34:29] | as far as we call hers. | 所以我说你是她的了 |
[2:34:31] | No, by mine honour, madam. | 不 我以名誉发誓 女士 |
[2:34:35] | I never shall endure her. | 我是容不得她的 |
[2:34:38] | Dear my lord, Be not familiar with her. | 亲爱的 别和她要好 |
[2:34:40] | Fear me not – | 不用为我担忧 |
[2:34:43] | She and the Duke her husband. | 她和她的公爵丈夫来了 |
[2:34:45] | Our very loving sister, well be-met. | 贤妹 今日幸得相遇 |
[2:34:49] | Sir, this I heard – the King is come to his daughter, | 先生 我听说 国王去他女儿那里了 |
[2:34:52] | With others whom the rigour of our state | 和其他人一起 受到了我们严厉对待 |
[2:34:55] | forced to cry out. | 不得不去诉苦 |
[2:34:57] | Why is this reasoned? | 谈论这个做什么 |
[2:34:58] | Combine together ‘gainst the enemy, | 我们要一致对外 |
[2:35:00] | for these domestic and particular broils | 至于内部纠纷 |
[2:35:02] | are not the question here. | 无需在此讨论 |
[2:35:04] | Let’s then determine with the ancient of war on our proceeding. | 就让我们军中宿将商议进兵之事吧 |
[2:35:08] | I shall attend you presently at your tent. | 我和你到帐篷里去谈 |
[2:35:10] | – Sister, you’ll go with us? – No. | -你与我们一同去吗 姐姐 -不 |
[2:35:12] | ‘Tis most convenient – pray you, go with us. | 这样最好 你和我们来吧 |
[2:35:17] | O ho, I know the riddle. | 我知道你的诡计 |
[2:35:20] | I will go. | 我去 |
[2:35:23] | If e’er your grace had speech with man so poor, | 如果大人会和我这样的穷人说话 |
[2:35:26] | Hear me one word. | 请听我一言 |
[2:35:28] | Speak. | 说吧 |
[2:35:29] | Before you fight the battle, ope this letter. | 你在开战之前 先打开这封信 |
[2:35:33] | If you have victory, | 如果战胜 |
[2:35:34] | let the trumpet sound for him that brought it. | 便可鸣号为记 我便再来 |
[2:35:37] | Wretched though I seem, | 我虽微不足道 |
[2:35:38] | I can produce a champion that will prove what is avouched there. | 我能带来一位战士 证明我所言如实 |
[2:35:42] | If you miscarry, | 如果你遭遇不幸 |
[2:35:43] | Your business of the world hath so an end, | 你的人也就此告终了 |
[2:35:45] | And machination ceases. | 阴谋也必自解 |
[2:35:47] | Fortune love you. | 祝你幸运 |
[2:35:48] | Stay till I have read the letter. | 等我读完这封信再走 |
[2:35:50] | I was forbid it. | 我奉令不准停留 |
[2:35:51] | When time shall serve, let but the herald cry | 若有机缘 只消鸣号 |
[2:35:54] | and I’ll appear again. | 我便再来 |
[2:35:57] | Why, fare thee well. I will o’erlook thy paper. | 那么再会了 我要看看你的信 |
[2:36:01] | The enemy’s in view; draw up your powers. | 敌人已经出现 集合你的队伍 |
[2:36:05] | Here is the guess of their true strength and forces, | 这是根据勤加侦查的结果 |
[2:36:08] | By diligent discovery – | 估量出他们的兵力 |
[2:36:11] | but your haste Is now urged on you. | 可你现在要加急准备 |
[2:36:14] | We will greet the time. | 我们会临机应付的 |
[2:36:28] | To both these sisters have I sworn my love… | 我对姐妹俩都许下了爱 |
[2:36:32] | ..Each jealous of the other as the stung are of the adder. | 她们互相猜忌 如同被蛇咬之人与井绳般 |
[2:36:39] | Which of them shall I take? Both? One? Or neither? | 我该要哪个 都要 一个 还是都不要 |
[2:36:47] | Neither can be enjoyed If both remain alive. | 两个都活着 我便一个也享受不到 |
[2:36:50] | To take the widow exasperates, | 要寡妇 会惹恼 |
[2:36:53] | makes mad her sister Goneril. | 让高纳里尔气疯 |
[2:36:57] | And hardly shall I carry out my side, | 我也难如愿以偿 |
[2:36:59] | Her husband being alive. | 她的丈夫还活着 |
[2:37:04] | Now, then, we’ll use His countenance for the battle, | 现在我还可以利用他协助作战 |
[2:37:07] | which being done, | 完事之后 |
[2:37:08] | Let her who would be rid of him devise his speedy taking off. | 让那个嫌弃他的女人自己解决掉他 |
[2:37:13] | As for the mercy | 至于他对 |
[2:37:15] | Which he intends to Lear and to Cordelia, | 李尔和考狄利娅的同情心 |
[2:37:19] | The battle done, and they within our power, | 战争结束后 他们就落在我手里了 |
[2:37:22] | Shall never see his pardon – | 他休想得到赦免 |
[2:37:26] | for my state | 我现在的情形 |
[2:37:28] | Stands on me to defend, not to debate. | 是抵抗而不是辩争 |
[2:37:56] | Away, old man – give me thy hand, away! | 走吧 老者 给我你的手 走 |
[2:38:00] | King Lear hath lost, he and his daughter ta’en. | 李尔王战败了 他和他的女儿都被抓了 |
[2:38:03] | Give me thy hand, come on. | 给我你的手 快走 |
[2:38:04] | No further, sir, a man may rot even here. | 不用再走了 先生 我死在这里也好 |
[2:38:08] | What, in ill thoughts again? | 怎么又说这种胡话 |
[2:38:09] | Men must endure their going hence even as their coming hither. | 人死犹如人生 均不可强求 |
[2:38:13] | Ripeness is all. Come on. | 准备好既是 来吧 |
[2:38:15] | And that’s true too. | 这话倒也是 |
[2:38:19] | Some officers take them away – good guard, | 派几个人把他们带走 好好看守 |
[2:38:23] | until their greater pleasures first be known | 直到他们最期待的 |
[2:38:26] | – that are to censure them. – We are not the first | -就是赶紧被审判 -我们不是第一个 |
[2:38:28] | who with best meaning have incurred the worst. | 怀抱善意迎来恶果之人 |
[2:38:31] | For thee, oppressed King, I am cast down – | 为你 受压迫的王 我非常沮丧 |
[2:38:34] | Myself could else outfrown false fortune’s frown. | 否则我不把厄运放在心上 |
[2:38:38] | Shall we not see these daughters and these sisters? | 我们不见见这些做女儿做姐姐的吗 |
[2:38:41] | No, no, no, no. | 不不不不 |
[2:38:44] | Come, let’s away to prison. | 来吧 我们到监牢去 |
[2:38:47] | We two alone will sing like birds I’the cage. | 我俩将像笼中小鸟一样歌唱 |
[2:38:51] | When thou dost ask me blessing, | 你要我祝福时 |
[2:38:53] | I’ll kneel down and ask of thee forgiveness. | 我便跪下 求你饶恕 |
[2:38:57] | So we’ll live and pray, and sing, and tell old tales, | 我们便这样活着并祈祷 唱歌 讲老故事 |
[2:39:03] | and laugh at gilded butterflies, | 嘲笑那些纨绔的庭臣 |
[2:39:06] | and hear poor rogues talk of court news, | 听穷人谈朝中之事 |
[2:39:09] | and we’ll talk with them too | 我们也和他们交谈 |
[2:39:11] | Who loses and who wins, who’s in, who’s out, | 谁失势 谁得宠 谁在朝 谁下野 |
[2:39:16] | And take upon us the mystery of things | 我们就假装了解一切的奥秘 |
[2:39:20] | As if we were God’s spies. | 就像是上帝的密探一般 |
[2:39:23] | And we’ll wear out, | 我们将慢慢死去 |
[2:39:24] | In a walled prison, packs and sects of great ones | 在监牢壁下 那权贵结党私营 |
[2:39:28] | that ebb and flow by the moon. | 随着时间飞腾而消逝 |
[2:39:31] | Take them away. | 带他们走 |
[2:39:38] | Upon such sacrifices, my Cordelia, | 由得这样的牺牲 我的考狄利娅 |
[2:39:42] | The gods themselves throw incense. | 神明他自己都要抛香 |
[2:39:45] | Have I caught thee? | 我可得到你了吧 |
[2:39:48] | He that parts us shall bring a brand from heaven, | 能分散我们的人一定是要有天堂带来的火把 |
[2:39:53] | and fire us hence like foxes. | 将我们像熏狐狸一般打散 |
[2:39:56] | Wipe thine eyes. The goujeers will devour them, | 擦擦你的眼 性病将会吞噬他们 |
[2:40:00] | flesh and fell, Ere they shall make us weep! | 全身溃烂 远在他们让我们哭之前 |
[2:40:05] | We’ll see ’em starved first – come. | 我们先看他们饿死 来吧 |
[2:40:14] | Captain, come hither. | 营长 过来 |
[2:40:20] | Hark – Take thou this note. | 听我说 拿着这文件 |
[2:40:23] | Go, follow them to prison, One step I have advanced thee. | 随他们到监牢 我已经给你升了一级 |
[2:40:28] | If thou dost | 如果你 |
[2:40:29] | As this instructs thee, | 按此令行事 |
[2:40:31] | thou dost make thy way to noble fortunes. | 你将会大大发迹 |
[2:40:35] | Know thou this, that men are as the time is – | 你要知道 男人在关键时刻 |
[2:40:39] | to be tender-minded does not become a sword. | 心肠软是成不了利刃的 |
[2:40:42] | Thy great employment shall not bear question. | 你将不能对任务有任何疑问 |
[2:40:45] | Either say thou’lt do’t, Or thrive by other means. | 你或者说干 或者另谋出路 |
[2:40:48] | I’ll do’t, my lord. | 我来做 |
[2:40:50] | About it and write happy when thou’st done’t. | 去吧 事成之后就是你的好日子了 |
[2:40:54] | Mark, I say, instantly- and carry it so as I have set it down. | 记住我的话 要干脆利落 按照我写的行事 |
[2:40:59] | I cannot draw a cart, nor eat dried oats. | 我既不能拉马车 又不能吃干燕麦 |
[2:41:03] | If it be man’s work. I’ll do’t. | 只要是人做的工作 我就去做 |
[2:41:08] | Sir, you have shown today your valiant strain | 先生 你今天彰显了你勇敢的气概 |
[2:41:13] | and fortune led you well. | 天遂你愿 |
[2:41:15] | You have the captives | 你把今天与我们作对的人 |
[2:41:16] | who were the opposites of this day’s strife. | 全都抓做俘虏 |
[2:41:18] | I do require them of you. | 请把他们交给我吧 |
[2:41:20] | Sir, I thought it fit | 先生 我认为 |
[2:41:21] | to send the old and miserable King | 把年迈潦倒的国王扣押起来 |
[2:41:24] | to some retention and appointed guard, | 派人看守比较合适 |
[2:41:27] | whose age has charms in it, whose title more, | 他的年龄具有吸引力 他头衔的吸引力更大 |
[2:41:31] | to pluck the common bosom on his side, | 足以博得百姓的同情 |
[2:41:34] | And turn our impressed lances in our eyes | 让我们的士卒在他的施令之下 |
[2:41:37] | which do command them. | 与我们倒戈相向 |
[2:41:39] | With him I sent the Queen, my reason all the same, | 我把他和王后一起送走了 理由都是相同的 |
[2:41:43] | and they are ready tomorrow,or at further space, | 不论明日还是以后 |
[2:41:47] | to appear where you shall hold your session. | 只要想要审问 他们随叫随到 |
[2:41:50] | At this time, | 而现在 |
[2:41:52] | we sweat and bleed; the friend hath lost his friend | 我们满身血汗 亲友离散 |
[2:41:57] | and the best quarrels in the heat are cursed | 饱受艰辛的人们 |
[2:42:00] | by those that feel their sharpness. | 都在争执咒骂 |
[2:42:04] | The question of Cordelia and her father | 而关于考狄利娅和她的父亲 |
[2:42:08] | requires a fitter place. | 我们还是择日再议吧 |
[2:42:10] | Sir, by your patience, I hold you but a subject of this war, | 先生 对不起 你不过是我征战时的部下 |
[2:42:13] | not as a brother. | 我并没有把你当作兄弟 |
[2:42:14] | That’s as we list to grace him. | 那要看我是怎么看待他 |
[2:42:17] | Methinks our pleasure might have been demanded | 在我看来 在你说这一番话之前 |
[2:42:18] | ere you had spoke so far. | 倒是应该先问问我的意见 |
[2:42:20] | He led our powers, | 他带领我的军队 |
[2:42:21] | bore the commission of my place and person, | 代表着我和我的地位 |
[2:42:24] | the which immediacy may well stand up | 这足以让他站出来 |
[2:42:27] | and call itself your brother. | 与你称兄道弟 |
[2:42:28] | Not so hot! | 先别急 |
[2:42:30] | In his own grace he doth exalt himself | 以他自身的能力比你赐的名分 |
[2:42:33] | more than in your addition. | 更能抬高他的身份 |
[2:42:34] | In my rights, by me invested, he compeers the best. | 我以我的权力 授予他最高贵的地位 |
[2:42:38] | That were the most, if he should husband you. | 如果他娶了你 地位也不过如此 |
[2:42:41] | Jesters do oft prove prophets. | 揶揄之人却往往是先知 |
[2:42:44] | 古代谚语 因情生嫉 使人目斜 | |
[2:42:44] | Holla, holla! That eye that told you so looked but asquint. | 跟你说这话的人眼睛都歪了吧 |
[2:42:48] | Lady, I am not well, | 我不太舒服 |
[2:42:50] | else I should answer from a full-flowing stomach. | 不然我一定用尽全力去反驳你们 |
[2:42:53] | General, take thou my soldiers, prisoners, patrimony. | 将军 我的士卒 俘虏 家产 这一切 |
[2:42:57] | Dispose of them, of me, the walls is thine. | 连同我 我的宫殿 全都交给你 |
[2:43:01] | Witness the world, that I create thee here | 天地为证 我在此令你成为我的夫君 |
[2:43:04] | my lord and master. | 为我做主 |
[2:43:07] | Mean you to enjoy him, then? | 你还真喜欢他啊 |
[2:43:09] | The let-alone lies not in your good will. | 你是没有办法阻止的 |
[2:43:11] | Nor in thine, lord. | 你也没有 |
[2:43:13] | Half-blooded fellow, yes. | 我有 你个杂种 |
[2:43:14] | Let the drum strike and prove my title thine. | 传令击鼓 以证我将权位赋予你 |
[2:43:18] | Stay yet, hear reason – | 且慢 请听我说 |
[2:43:20] | Edmund, I arrest thee on capital treason, | 爱德蒙 我以叛国谋反之最逮捕你 |
[2:43:23] | and in thine attaint this gilded serpent. | 也要处死你这条镀金的毒蛇 |
[2:43:27] | For your claim, fair sister, | 姨妹 为了我妻子的利益 |
[2:43:30] | I bar it in the interest of my wife. | 我要阻拦你提出的要求 |
[2:43:32] | ‘Tis she is sub-contracted to this lord, | 她已跟这位先生订下了再婚之约 |
[2:43:35] | and I her husband contradict your banns. | 作为她的丈夫 我反对你的婚事 |
[2:43:38] | If you will marry, make your love to me – | 如果你要嫁人 还是嫁给我吧 |
[2:43:41] | My lady is bespoke. | 因为我的妻子已经有婚约在先了 |
[2:43:43] | An interlude! | 一出闹剧 |
[2:43:44] | Thou art armed, Gloucester. Let the trumpet sound. | 葛罗斯特 你带着武器呢 就让号角吹起来 |
[2:43:48] | If none appear to prove upon thy person, | 如果没有人出来指证你 |
[2:43:51] | thy heinous, manifest and many treasons, | 证明你十恶不赦 罪名滔天 |
[2:43:55] | there is my pledge. | 这将是我的誓言 |
[2:43:58] | I’ll make it on thy heart, ere I taste bread, | 我以你的心脏起誓 在我吃面包之前 |
[2:44:01] | thou art in nothing less | 你所犯下的罪名 |
[2:44:03] | than I have here proclaimed thee. | 绝不会比我在此所宣称的少 |
[2:44:05] | Sick, O, sick! | 好难受啊 |
[2:44:07] | If not, I’ll ne’er trust poison. | 你要是不难受的话 我就再也不相信什么毒药了 |
[2:44:11] | There’s my exchange. | 该说我的誓言了 |
[2:44:14] | What in the world he is, | 无论是谁 |
[2:44:15] | that names me traitor, villain-like he lies. | 只要说我是叛徒的 他就是满口谎言的小人 |
[2:44:20] | Call by the trumpet – he that dares approach, | 吹响号角吧 只要是敢来的 |
[2:44:24] | on him, on you – who not? | 无论是他 是你 还是任何人 |
[2:44:28] | I will maintain my truth and honour firmly. | 我都要坚决地维护我的真诚与名誉 |
[2:44:31] | A herald, ho! | 传令官 来人啊 |
[2:44:33] | Trust to thy single virtue, for thy soldiers, | 还是靠你自己吧 因为你的手下 |
[2:44:36] | all levied in my name, have in my name | 都是以我的名号征召来的 |
[2:44:39] | took their discharge. | 已经被我遣散了 |
[2:44:40] | My sickness, my sickness grows upon me. | 我的病越来越严重了 |
[2:44:43] | She is not well – convey her to my tent. | 她不太对劲 把她送到我的营帐里 |
[2:44:45] | Come hither, herald – let the trumpet sound | 传令官 过来 吹响号角 |
[2:44:48] | and read out this. | 宣读这个 |
[2:44:57] | If any man of quality or degree within the lists of the army | 全军上下 若是有人指控 |
[2:45:02] | will maintain upon Edmund, supposed Earl of Gloucester, | 葛罗斯特伯爵 爱德蒙 |
[2:45:07] | that he is a manifold traitor, | 是个罄竹难书的叛徒 并为此决斗者 |
[2:45:10] | let him appear by the third sound of the trumpet. | 请在第三声号响时出列 |
[2:45:14] | He is bold in his defence. | 准备迎战 |
[2:45:23] | Again! | 第二声 |
[2:45:29] | Again! | 第三声 |
[2:45:41] | Ask him his purposes, | 问问他 |
[2:45:42] | why he appears upon this call o’ the trumpet. | 听见号声出列的原因 |
[2:45:44] | What are you? Your name, your quality, | 来者何人 报上姓名 出身 |
[2:45:47] | and why you answer this present summons? | 为何应声出列 |
[2:45:49] | Know my name is lost, | 我的名字 |
[2:45:51] | by treason’s tooth bare-gnawn and canker-bit. | 已被忤逆的牙齿啃噬无遗 |
[2:45:55] | Yet am I noble as the adversary I come to cope. | 而现在我与对手同样高贵 |
[2:45:57] | Which is that adversary? | 你的对手是谁 |
[2:45:58] | What’s he that speaks for Edmund, Earl of Gloucester? | 为葛罗斯特伯爵爱德蒙出战的是谁呢 |
[2:46:02] | Himself. What sayst thou to him? | 他本人 你有什么要对他说的吗 |
[2:46:06] | Draw thy sword, | 出剑吧 |
[2:46:07] | that if my speech offend a noble heart, | 如果我的言语诬陷了你的高尚 |
[2:46:10] | thy arm may do thee justice. | 就用你的武器捍卫正义 |
[2:46:12] | Here is mine. | 我的宝剑在此 |
[2:46:14] | I protest, | 我发誓 |
[2:46:16] | despite thy victor sword thou art a traitor. | 尽管你的剑赢得过胜利 但你仍旧是卖国贼 |
[2:46:19] | False to thy gods, thy brother and thy father, | 辜负上苍 兄长和父王 |
[2:46:23] | conspirant ‘gainst this high illustrious prince, | 密谋陷害这位尊贵的驸马 |
[2:46:27] | and from th’extremest upward of thy head | 你上至头顶发梢 |
[2:46:29] | to the descent and dust below thy foot, | 下至脚底尘埃 |
[2:46:33] | a most toad-spotted traitor. | 一个彻头彻尾 劣迹斑斑的叛徒 |
[2:46:35] | Say thou no, | 你要是否认 |
[2:46:37] | this sword, this arm and my best spirits are bent | 我这剑 我这胳膊以及我这一腔怒火 |
[2:46:41] | to prove upon thy heart, whereto I speak, | 都将奋勇向前 证明我的赤子之心 |
[2:46:44] | thou liest. | 还有你的一派胡言 |
[2:46:45] | Back do I toss these treasons to thy head. | 我反倒要把这些背叛的罪名扣在你的头上 |
[2:46:49] | With the hell-hated lie o’erwhelm thy heart, | 用你令人厌恶的谎言压住你的心脏 |
[2:46:54] | which, for they yet glance by and scarcely bruise, | 于你 不过是蜻蜓点水没有任何损伤 |
[2:47:00] | this sword of mine shall give them instant way, | 那就用我的剑直刺而入 |
[2:47:03] | where they shall rest for ever. | 让谎言连同你的心就此安息 |
[2:47:06] | Trumpets, speak. | 就让号角尽情吹响 |
[2:47:47] | This is mere practice, Gloucester. | 这是个计谋 葛罗斯特 |
[2:47:51] | By the laws of war thou wast not bound to answer | 根据比武的法律 你无须 |
[2:47:54] | an unknown opposite. | 应战一个身份不明的人 |
[2:48:11] | Thou art not vanquished, but cozened and beguiled. | 你不是被打败了 你是中计了 |
[2:48:15] | Shut your mouth, dame. | 闭嘴吧 你这个女人 |
[2:48:18] | Or with this paper shall I stop it. | 否则我就用这张纸堵住你的嘴 |
[2:48:21] | Thou worse than any name, read thine own evil. | 任何罪名都描述不了你的恶行 你自己读一读吧 |
[2:48:26] | No tearing, lady – I perceive you know it. | 夫人 你别撕 我估计你知道这是什么 |
[2:48:29] | Say if I do, the laws are mine, not thine. | 我知道又怎样 法律是我的 又不是你的 |
[2:48:34] | Who can arraign me for’t? | 我看谁敢审问我 |
[2:48:36] | Most monstrous! O! Know’st thou this paper? | 真是骇人听闻 你知道这封信吗 |
[2:48:42] | Ask me not what I know. | 别问我知道什么 |
[2:48:52] | Go after her – she’s desperate, govern her. | 跟着她 她若是一意孤行 就控制住她 |
[2:48:57] | What you have charged me with, that have I done, | 你所指控我的那些罪状 我都做过 |
[2:49:00] | and more, much more – the time will bring it out. | 还有很多很多 终将水落石出 |
[2:49:06] | ‘Tis past, and so am I. | 这都是过去的事了 我也如此 |
[2:49:10] | But what art thou | 可你究竟是谁 |
[2:49:12] | that hast this fortune on me? | 能有这般幸运战胜我 |
[2:49:15] | If thou art noble, I do forgive thee. | 如果你出身名门望族 那么我选择原谅 |
[2:49:18] | Let’s exchange charity. | 我们互相原谅吧 |
[2:49:21] | I am no less in blood than thou art, Edmund. | 在血统上 我绝对比你高贵 |
[2:49:25] | If more, the more thou’st wronged me. | 越是比你高贵 你就越对不起我 |
[2:49:29] | My name is Edgar and thy father’s son. | 我就是爱德加 你父亲的儿子 |
[2:49:34] | The gods are just and of our pleasant vices | 上帝是公正的 用我们的恶习作为 |
[2:49:38] | make instruments to plague us. | 惩戒我们的工具 |
[2:49:40] | The dark and vicious place where thee he got | 他跟人私通生下了你 |
[2:49:43] | cost him his eyes. | 付出了一双眼睛的代价 |
[2:49:45] | Thou’st spoken right, ’tis true. | 你说得对 确实如此 |
[2:49:48] | The wheel is come full circle, I am here. | 命运之轮转了整整一圈 转到了我这里 |
[2:49:53] | Methought thy very gait did prophesy a royal nobleness. | 我看你的步态早就断言你一定出身名门望族 |
[2:49:57] | I must embrace thee. | 我一定要拥抱你 |
[2:50:00] | Let sorrow split my heart | 我要是曾痛恨过你或是你的父亲 |
[2:50:02] | if ever I did hate thee or thy father. | 就让哀愁撕碎我的心 |
[2:50:05] | Worthy prince, I know it. | 尊敬的驸马 你说的我都知道 |
[2:50:06] | How have you known the miseries of your father? | 你是怎么知道你父亲所遭受的苦难的 |
[2:50:10] | By nursing them, my lord. | 是我一直在照顾他 |
[2:50:13] | I met my father with his bleeding rings, | 我遇到他的时候 他的双眼刚刚被挖掉 |
[2:50:16] | their precious stones new lost, became his guide, | 失去了宝石的眼眶还流着血 我做他的向导 |
[2:50:20] | led him, begged for him, saved him from despair. | 给他引路 为他乞讨 安慰他不要绝望 |
[2:50:25] | Never – O fault! Revealed myself unto him | 不幸 我从未向他显露过内心 |
[2:50:28] | until some half-hour past, | 直到半小时前 |
[2:50:30] | when I was armed, | 我穿上盔甲时 |
[2:50:32] | Not sure, though hoping of this good success, | 我才确定 虽然希望取得胜利 |
[2:50:34] | I asked his blessing and from first to last | 期望得到他的祝福 |
[2:50:38] | told him my pilgrimage. | 把经过告诉了他 |
[2:50:40] | But his flawed heart, | 但他的心已破碎 |
[2:50:42] | Alack, too weak the conflict to support, | 竟禁不起这样的刺激 |
[2:50:46] | ‘Twixt two extremes of passion, joy and grief… | 在一阵悲喜交集中 |
[2:50:50] | ..burst smilingly. | 与世长辞 |
[2:50:53] | Help, help, O, help! | 快来人 快来人 |
[2:51:01] | What means this bloody knife? | 这把带血的刀是怎么回事 |
[2:51:04] | ‘Tis hot, it smokes, | 刀还热着 冒热气呢 |
[2:51:05] | It came even from the heart of… | 刚从心脏里拔出来的 |
[2:51:09] | O, she’s dead! | 她死了 |
[2:51:12] | Who dead? Speak. | 谁死了 快说 |
[2:51:18] | Your lady, sir, your lady. | 你的夫人 先生 |
[2:51:23] | And her sister by her is poisoned, she confesses it. | 她妹妹是被她毒杀的 她承认了 |
[2:51:30] | I was contracted to them both. | 我和她们都订了婚 |
[2:51:34] | Now all three marry in an instant. | 现在我们三个结合在一处了 |
[2:51:37] | Here comes the banished Kent, | 肯特来了 |
[2:51:39] | who in disguise followed his enemy king | 他乔装打扮 追随敌国君主 |
[2:51:42] | and did him service improper for a slave. | 做他的奴隶 |
[2:51:44] | I am come to bid my King and master good night. | 我是来向我的主上道声晚安的 |
[2:51:46] | Is he not here? | 他没在吗 |
[2:51:47] | Speak, Edmund, where’s the King? And where’s Cordelia? | 快说 爱德蒙 国王在哪 |
[2:51:51] | I pant for life. | 我已苟延残喘 |
[2:51:52] | Some good I mean to do, despite of mine own nature. | 我虽本性凶残 但还想做一件善事 |
[2:51:57] | Quickly send – be brief in it – to the castle, | 快派人 快点送去城堡 |
[2:52:00] | for my writ is on the life of Lear and on Cordelia. | 因为我已下令将李尔和考狄利娅处死 |
[2:52:03] | – Nay, send in time. – Run, run, O, run. | -火速派人去 -跑 快跑 |
[2:52:05] | To who, my lord? Who hath the office? | 给谁 谁在掌管 |
[2:52:07] | Send thy token of reprieve. | 带去你的赦免信物 |
[2:52:09] | Well thought on, my sword – the captain, | 亏你能想到 拿我的剑 给营长 |
[2:52:12] | Give it the captain. | 把它交给营长 |
[2:52:13] | Haste thee, for thy life. | 快去吧 拼命快跑 |
[2:52:15] | He hath commission from thy wife and me | 他奉你的妻子和我的命令 |
[2:52:17] | to hang Cordelia in the prison | 把考狄利娅在狱中绞死 |
[2:52:20] | and to lay the blame upon her own despair | 然后就说她是 |
[2:52:23] | that she fordid herself. | 情急自缢而亡 |
[2:52:25] | The gods defend her. Bear him hence awhile. | 上帝保佑她 先把他抬走 |
[2:52:38] | Howl… | 嚎叫吧 |
[2:52:46] | ..Howl… | 嚎叫 |
[2:52:51] | ..Howl… | 嚎叫吧 |
[2:52:58] | ..Howl! | 嚎叫 |
[2:53:03] | O, you are men of stones! | 你们这些铁石心肠的人 |
[2:53:07] | Had I your tongues and eyes, | 我若是有你们的舌头和眼睛 |
[2:53:09] | I’d use them so that heaven’s vault would crack. | 我要用来把天庭都惊碎 |
[2:53:14] | She’s gone for ever. | 她死了 |
[2:53:28] | I know when one is dead and when one lives. | 我能分辨一个人是死是活 |
[2:53:36] | She’s dead as earth. | 她已经死透了 |
[2:53:56] | Lend me a looking-glass. | 借我一面镜子 |
[2:53:59] | If that her breath will mist or stain the stone, | 她的呼气若是湿润了镜面 |
[2:54:02] | why then she lives. | 那她便还活着 |
[2:54:04] | Is this the promised end? | 这难道就是世界末日 |
[2:54:06] | Or image of that horror? | 或是那惨象的缩影 |
[2:54:08] | Fall, and cease. | 同归于尽吧 |
[2:54:11] | This feather stirs, she lives. If it be so… | 这根羽毛若是动了 她便活着 若真如此 |
[2:54:20] | ..It is a chance which does redeem all sorrows | 这足以补偿我所受的 |
[2:54:24] | that ever I have felt. | 一切苦恼 |
[2:54:25] | – O, my good master! – Prithee, away! | -我的主上 -请你走开 |
[2:54:26] | ‘Tis noble Kent, your friend. | 这是高贵的肯特 你的朋友 |
[2:54:29] | A plague upon you murderers, traitors all. | 愿瘟疫将在你们这些凶手和叛徒身上 |
[2:54:34] | I might have saved her, now she’s gone for ever. | 我本可以救她 可她现在死了 |
[2:54:45] | Cordelia, Cordelia… | 考狄利娅 考狄利娅 |
[2:54:53] | ..Stay a little. | 等一等 |
[2:54:57] | Ha? What is’t thou say’st? | 你说什么 |
[2:55:02] | Her voice was ever soft, | 她的声音总是轻柔 |
[2:55:05] | Gentle and low, an excellent thing in woman. | 低缓 这是她最大的优点 |
[2:55:13] | I killed the slave that was a-hanging thee. | 绞死你的那个奴才 我已经给杀了 |
[2:55:17] | ‘Tis true, my lords, he did. | 是真的 是他杀了 |
[2:55:20] | Did I not, fellow? | 没错吧 朋友 |
[2:55:22] | I have seen the day, with my good biting falchion | 当年我用一把利刃 |
[2:55:27] | I would have made them skip. | 就能把他们赶走 |
[2:55:30] | I am old now and these same crosses spoil me. | 如今我老了 这些劫数又毁了我 |
[2:55:38] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[2:55:41] | Mine eyes are not o’the best, I’ll tell you straight. | 我的眼睛不太好 我来告诉你 |
[2:55:45] | If Fortune brag of two she loved and hated, | 如果命运之神夸口说有两个人她真正爱过恨过 |
[2:55:48] | one of them we behold. | 其中的一位我们已经见到了 |
[2:55:50] | This is a dull sight – are you not Kent? | 我真是眼花了 你是肯特 |
[2:55:56] | The same. | 正是 |
[2:55:58] | Your servant Kent. | 你的仆人肯特 |
[2:56:01] | Where is your servant Caius? | 你的仆人卡耶斯呢 |
[2:56:03] | He’s a good fellow, I’ll tell you that. | 他是个好人 这点我敢保证 |
[2:56:06] | He’ll strike, and quickly too. | 他会动手 而且动作很快 |
[2:56:12] | He’s dead and rotten. | 他死了 腐烂了 |
[2:56:14] | No, my good lord, I am the very man. | 不 陛下 那人就是我 |
[2:56:18] | I’ll see that straight. | 我会看出来的 |
[2:56:20] | That from your first of difference and decay, | 自从你开始失意 |
[2:56:22] | have followed your sad steps. | 我便步步追随你 |
[2:56:25] | You are welcome hither. | 欢迎你来到此地 |
[2:56:26] | Nor no man else. | 那并非是别人 |
[2:56:29] | All’s cheerless, dark and deadly. | 一切都是死气沉沉 |
[2:56:31] | Your eldest daughters have fordone themselves | 你最年长的两个女儿都自尽了 |
[2:56:34] | – and desperately are dead. – Ay, so I think. | -绝望而死 -我想到了 |
[2:56:39] | He knows not what he says and vain is it | 他是信口胡说 要让他认识我们 |
[2:56:41] | that we present us to him. | 是徒劳了 |
[2:56:43] | Very bootless. | 一点没有用 |
[2:56:44] | Edmund is dead, my lord. | 爱德蒙死了 陛下 |
[2:56:46] | That’s but a trifle here. | 这倒是小事 |
[2:56:50] | You lords and noble friends, know our intent. | 诸位亲贵 我有一事奉告 |
[2:56:55] | What comfort to this great decay may come | 对于这位蒙难的国王 |
[2:56:58] | shall be applied. | 总会有宽慰的办法 |
[2:57:00] | For us, we will resign during the life of this old majesty, | 至于我们 愿乘国王一息尚存之际 |
[2:57:05] | to him our absolute power. You, to your rights, | 把我们的权威一起解除还给他 你们 |
[2:57:09] | with boot and such addition as your honours | 按照殊勋 |
[2:57:12] | have more than merited. | 额外另有提升 |
[2:57:14] | All friends shall taste the wages of their virtue | 所有处理人员论功行赏 |
[2:57:19] | and all foes the cup of their deservings. | 乱党按罪受罚 |
[2:57:22] | O, see, see! | 快看 |
[2:57:25] | And my poor fool is hanged. | 我的傻孩子被绞杀了 |
[2:57:30] | No, no, no life! | 死透了 |
[2:57:39] | Why should a dog, a horse, a rat have life | 为什么狗 马 甚至老鼠都能保命 |
[2:57:48] | and thou no breath at all? | 你却丢了性命 |
[2:57:55] | O, thou’lt come no more. | 你永远不会有翻身之日了 |
[2:58:02] | Never, never… | 永远不会 |
[2:58:08] | ..Never, never, never. | 永远 永远不会了 |
[2:58:20] | Pray you, undo this button. | 请你解开这个纽扣 |
[2:58:31] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[2:58:53] | Do you see this? | 看见这个了吗 |
[2:58:56] | Look on her. | 看看她 |
[2:59:02] | Look, her lips… | 看她的嘴唇 |
[2:59:11] | Look there… | 看那边 |
[2:59:16] | Look there! | 看那边 |
[2:59:21] | He faints. My lord, my lord! | 他昏过去了 陛下 陛下 |
[2:59:25] | Break, heart, I prithee break. | 碎吧 我的心 破碎吧 |
[2:59:26] | Look up, my lord. | 向上看 陛下 |
[2:59:27] | Vex not his ghost. | 别扰他的灵魂 |
[2:59:31] | O, let him pass. | 让他去吧 |
[2:59:34] | He hates him | 只有恨他的人 |
[2:59:35] | that would upon the rack of this tough world | 才会愿他在这世界 |
[2:59:36] | – Stretch him out longer. – O he is gone indeed. | -多受些严刑拷打 -他真死了 |
[2:59:41] | The wonder is he hath endured so long. | 奇怪的是他能忍耐这么久 |
[2:59:44] | He but usurped his life. | 他硬撑了这么久 |
[2:59:45] | Bear them from hence. | 把他们抬走 |
[3:00:27] | Our present business is to general woe. | 我们现在该做的就是哀悼 |
[3:00:32] | Friends of my soul, you twain, | 我的两位好友 |
[3:00:35] | rule in this realm and the gored state sustain. | 请维持统治 维持这破碎的河山 |
[3:00:39] | I have a journey, sir, shortly to go. | 我还有一小短旅程 |
[3:00:43] | My master calls me, I must not say no. | 主人唤我 不敢不从 |
[3:00:47] | The weight of this sad time we must obey. | 我们遭受了这悲惨的风波 |
[3:00:51] | Speak what we feel, | 抒发我们的情感 |
[3:00:53] | not what we ought to say. | 有话留着日后再说 |
[3:00:59] | The oldest hath borne most. We that are young… | 年老之人承受最多 我们尚年轻 |
[3:01:05] | ..Shall never see so much, nor live so long. | 后人见不到这些风波 也活不到这样长 |