Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

Barry Lyndon(巴里林登)[1975]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on June 16, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on Barry Lyndon(巴里林登)[1975]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
电影名称:巴里林登
英文名称:Barry Lyndon
年代:1975

推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 英文 中文
[00:58] Gentlemen, cock your pistols. 两位男士,请举枪
[01:05] Gentlemen! 两位
[01:06] Barry’s father had been bred, like many sons of genteel families… 巴里的父亲 跟许多有教养家庭的孩子一样
[01:12] …to the profession of the law. 被调教成为法律人
[01:14] There is no doubt he would’ve made an eminent figure in his profession… 毫无疑问地 他有机会成为业界知名人物
[01:19] …had he not been killed in a duel… 可惜在决斗中身亡
[01:22] …which arose over the purchase of some horses. 只因为买马时跟人起了纠纷
[01:40] Barry’s mother, after her husband’s death… 巴里的母亲在丈夫过世后
[01:43] …lived in such a way as to defy slander. 过着努力抵抗流言蜚语的日子
[01:48] Many a man who had been charmed by the spinster… 单身时,曾经追求过她的男人
[01:52] …renewed his offers to the widow. 现在向守寡的她重新求婚
[01:55] But she refused all proposals of marriage… 但她拒绝所有人的追求
[01:59] …declaring that she lived only for her son… 宣称她只为儿子
[02:02] …and the memory of her departed saint. 跟死去丈夫的回忆而活
[02:57] First love! What a change it makes in a lad. 初恋!那能完全改变一个年轻男人
[03:03] What a magnificent secret it is he carries with him! 他守着一个天大的秘密
[03:09] The tender passion gushes out of a man’s heart. 男人的心满满都是温柔热情
[03:13] He loves as a bird sings… 他的爱如同鸟儿的歌唱
[03:17] …or a rose blows from nature. 自然绽放的玫瑰
[03:22] Killarney. 启拉尼
[03:26] Now, what shall it be? 怎么样?
[03:32] Turn around and face the wall. 转过去面对墙壁
[03:44] The object of Barry’s attention… 巴里心仪的女孩
[03:47] …and the cause of his early troubles… 让他年轻的心起了骚动的…
[03:49] …was his cousin, Nora Brady by name. 就是他的表妹诺拉布莱迪
[04:05] I have hidden my neck ribbon somewhere on my person. 我将领巾藏在我身上某个地方
[04:11] If you find it, you can have it. 找到就算你的
[04:14] You are free to look anywhere for it. 你爱找哪里都可以
[04:17] I will think little of you if you do not find it. 如果你找不到,我会看不起你
[04:48] I cannot find it. 我找不到
[04:52] You haven’t looked properly. 你没有好好找
[05:08] I cannot find it. 我找不到
[05:15] I’ll give you a hint. 我给你一个暗示
[05:37] I feel the ribbon. 我摸到领巾了
[05:44] Why are you trembling? 你为什么在发抖?
[05:48] At– 我…
[05:51] At the pleasure of finding the ribbon. 我因为找领巾的欢娱而发抖
[06:00] Liar. 骗子
[06:18] Company, forward march! 士兵们,齐步走!
[07:01] Company, eyes left! 士兵们,向左看!
[07:07] About this time the United Kingdom was greatly excited… 这时英国情势紧张
[07:12] …by the threat… 深感威胁
[07:14] …of a French invasion. 因为法国企图入侵
[07:17] The noblemen and people of condition… 贵族跟平民
[07:20] …loyally raised regiments… 为国尽忠,组成军队
[07:23] …to resist the invaders. 抵抗入侵者
[07:27] Their scarlet coats and swaggering airs filled Barry with envy. 他们鲜红的外套跟神气活现的样子 让巴里非常羡慕
[07:37] Company, eyes right! 士兵们,向右看!
[07:47] Brady Town sent a company to join… 布莱迪镇派一个连的兵力
[07:49] …the Kilwangan Regiment, of which John Quin was the Captain. 加入奇威刚军团 指挥官是约翰奎恩上尉
[07:57] The whole country was alive with war’s alarms… 全国都积极投入战争准备工作
[08:00] …the kingdoms ringing with military music. 在英国各地到处可听到军乐声
[08:10] At ready! 预备!
[08:15] Present! 举枪!
[08:19] Fire! 射击!
[09:45] Redmond, what is the matter? 瑞德蒙,你到底是怎么了?
[09:52] Were you obliged to dance five times with Captain Quin? 你一定要跟奎恩上尉跳五次舞吗?
[09:57] I don’t care a fig for Captain Quin. 我才不在乎奎恩上尉
[10:01] He dances prettily, and is a pleasant rattle of a man. 但他舞跳得不错,是个有趣的人
[10:04] He looks well in his regimentals. 他穿上军装真的很帅
[10:06] He asked me to dance. How could I refuse him? 他邀请我共舞,我怎么能拒绝?
[10:09] But you refused me. 但你拒绝了我
[10:11] I can dance with you any day. 我随时都能跟你跳舞
[10:14] To dance with my cousin looks as though I could find no other partner. 跟表哥一起跳舞 别人会以为我找不到舞伴
[10:19] Besides, Captain Quin is a man. 而且奎恩上尉是个男人
[10:24] You’re only a boy and penniless. 你只是个身无分文的男孩
[10:27] If I meet him again, you will find out who is the best man. 如果我再见到他 你就会知道谁是真正的男人
[10:32] I’ll fight him Captain as he is. 用剑或用枪,我都会跟上尉决斗
[10:34] Oh, don’t be so silly! 瑞德蒙,别傻了
[10:36] I mean it. 我是认真的
[10:38] But Captain Quin is known as a valiant soldier. 但奎恩上尉是众所周知的剽悍军人
[10:42] It is mighty well of you to fight yokels… 你或许可以打赢乡巴佬
[10:45] …but to fight an Englishman is a different matter. 跟英格兰绅士决斗是完全不同的事
[10:49] You best have him take you home. 你最好找英格兰绅士送你回家
[10:52] Redmond! 瑞德蒙!
[11:20] Barry resolved never to see Nora again. 巴里决定不再跟诺拉见面
[11:24] But such resolutions, steadfastly held for a whole week… 这样的决心维持了一个星期
[11:29] …are abandoned in a few moments of despair. 却因为一时的绝望破了功
[11:35] No, Nora, no, except for you and four others… 不,诺拉,除了你跟四个女孩
[11:40] …I vow before all the gods my heart… 我真心跟上帝发誓
[11:45] …has never felt the soft flame. 我不曾感受到这样的热情
[11:48] Ah, you men, you men, John… 约翰,男人都是这样
[11:53] …your passion’s not equal to ours. 你们的热情跟女人不同
[11:56] We are like some plant I’ve read of. 我们像是我看过的植物
[12:00] We bear but one flower and then we die. 我们在花朵绽放后便会死去
[12:04] You, you, you mean you… 你是说你…
[12:07] …never felt an inclination for another? 没跟其他男人在一起过?
[12:10] Never, my John. How can you ask such a question? 从来没有,约翰 你怎么能问这样的问题?
[12:14] Oh, darling Norelia! 亲爱的诺拉
[12:18] Nora was chaperoned by her brothers Mick and Ulick… 诺拉的哥哥米克跟尤力克监督着她
[12:23] …whose interests would be affected… 事实上他们很高兴
[12:25] …by the favorable outcome of her affair with Quin. 她跟奎恩在一起带来的好处
[12:41] Redmond, how nice to see you. 瑞德蒙,真高兴能见到你
[12:48] Redmond! 瑞德蒙
[12:51] How could you do this to me? 你怎么能这样子对我?
[12:53] Redmond, what’s the matter? 瑞德蒙,到底怎么了?
[12:55] What are you saying? 你在胡说什么?
[12:59] I think this might be the moment to return something to you. 我想我该把东西还给你了
[13:05] I– 我
[13:07] Thank you, Redmond. 谢谢你,瑞德蒙
[13:10] I must have forgotten it. 我一定是忘了
[13:13] Yes, you did. 没错,你忘了,诺拉
[13:19] Captain Quin, may I introduce my cousin, Redmond Barry. 奎恩上尉 容我介绍我的表哥瑞德蒙巴里
[13:23] Miss Brady, it would appear… 布莱迪小姐,看起来
[13:25] …you both have something private to discuss. 你们两个有些私事要讨论
[13:28] It would be best for me to withdraw. 我最好先行退下
[13:31] Captain Quin, I have nothing private to discuss with my cousin. 奎恩上尉 我跟我表哥没有私事要讨论
[13:35] Miss Brady, it appears you have a great deal to discuss. 布莱迪小姐 看起来你们有很多事要谈
[13:39] Captain Quin, he don’t signify any more than my parrot or lapdog. 奎恩上尉 他只是跟着我跑的哈巴狗
[13:43] Indeed! 没错!
[13:45] Are you in the habit of giving… 你习惯把私密衣物
[13:47] …intimate articles of your clothing to your parrot or lapdog? 送给跟着你跑的哈巴狗吗?
[13:51] Mayn’t I give a bit of ribbon to my own cousin? 我不能把领巾送给我表哥吗?
[13:55] You’re welcome, miss. 你当然可以,小姐
[13:57] As many yards as you like. 你爱送多少领巾给男人都可以
[14:01] When ladies make presents to gentlemen, it’s time for other gentlemen to retire. 淑女一旦送礼物给绅士 就代表其他男人得退让了
[14:05] I wish you both a good day. 祝你们两个幸福美满
[14:07] Jack Quin! 奎恩老兄!
[14:09] What’s the matter? 发生了什么事?
[14:10] I’ll tell you, sir. 我可以告诉你发生了什么事
[14:12] I’ve had enough of Miss Brady and your Irish ways. 我受够了布莱迪小姐 跟爱尔兰做事的方式
[14:15] Ain’t used to them. 我真的不习惯
[14:16] What is it? 到底是怎么了?
[14:17] We’ll accustom you to Irish ways, or we’ll adopt English ones. 我们可以让你习惯爱尔兰人的方式 或者改用英格兰人的方式
[14:21] It is not the English way for ladies to have two lovers. 在英格兰,淑女不会有两个爱人
[14:25] And so, I’ll thank you to pay me the sum you owe me. 我要请你们把欠我的钱还给我
[14:28] And I resign all claims to this young lady. 我收回我跟这位小姐说过的话
[14:32] If she fancies schoolboys, let her take ’em, sir. 如果她喜欢小男生,就让她去吧
[14:34] You’re joking! 你是在开玩笑!
[14:35] Ha. I never was more earnest. 我再认真不过了
[14:40] John, wait. 约翰,等一下
[14:47] Meddling brat! 讨厌的小鬼!
[14:50] Your hand is in everybody’s pie! 你坏了大家的好事!
[14:52] What business had you to quarrel with a gentleman of substance? 你有什么资格 跟那么有钱有地位的绅士争呢?
[15:51] Redmond, me boy, take a seat. 瑞德蒙,孩子,坐吧
[17:07] Mrs. Brady and ladies, if you please. 布莱迪太太,各位女士,请听我说
[17:12] This sort of toast is drunk too seldom in my family… 在我的家族里 很难得见到举杯致意的场面
[17:17] …and you’ll please to receive it with all honors. 听到这个大好消息 你们应该会很高兴
[17:20] Here’s to Captain and Mrs. John Quin and long life to them. 这一杯敬约翰奎恩上尉夫妇
[17:30] Go on. 来吧
[17:31] Kiss her, Jack, for faith you’ve got a treasure. 亲她吧,杰克,证明你的真心
[17:36] Come on, Jack. 来吧,杰克
[17:39] There’s the man! 这才是男子汉
[17:50] A long and happy life together. 祝你们幸福度过一生
[17:52] A long and happy life together. 祝你们幸福度过一生
[17:55] Thank you. 谢谢
[18:01] Redmond! 瑞德蒙
[18:13] Here’s my toast to you, Captain John Quin. 我敬你,约翰奎恩上尉
[18:20] Redmond, how dare you behave like that in my house! 瑞德蒙!你竟敢在我家里那么做
[18:24] Mrs. Brady, take the children out. 布莱迪太太,先带孩子们出去
[18:26] My dear fellow, are you all right? 亲爱的上尉,你还好吧?
[18:38] In heaven’s name, what does all the row mean? 天啊,那到底是怎么一回事?
[18:43] The fact is, sir… 事实上
[18:44] …the young monkey’s in love with Nora. 这个小鬼爱上诺拉
[18:46] He found her and the Captain in the garden today. 今天他发现 她跟上尉在花园里谈心
[18:49] Now he’s for murdering Jack Quin. 现在他要杀了杰克奎恩
[18:52] Mr. Brady, I’ve been insulted grossly in this house. 布莱迪先生 我在这里遭到极大的侮辱
[18:57] I’m not satisfied with these ways of going on. 我不太满意你们的处理方式
[19:00] I’m an Englishman! And a man of property! 我是英格兰人,我是有地位的人!
[19:04] And this impudent young swine… 这个不知天高地厚的小子
[19:06] …should be horsewhipped! 应该被好好地管教一下!
[19:08] Mr. Quin can have satisfaction any time he pleases… 只要奎恩先生愿意决斗…
[19:11] …by calling on Redmond Barry, Esquire of Barryville. 巴里村的瑞德蒙巴里先生 随时可以奉陪
[19:22] I’ll see the boy home. 我送那孩子回家
[19:31] A pretty day’s work, Master Redmond. 今天你很大胆,瑞德蒙先生
[19:36] Knowing your uncle is distressed for money… 知道你姨丈急需用钱
[19:38] …trying to break off a match which 他只是想帮女儿找个有钱女婿 让家族每年多一千五百镑收入
[19:43] which is bothering your uncle. 奎恩同意付四千镑 那让你姨丈很心动
[19:49] He takes a girl without a penny… 他愿意娶一个没钱的女孩
[19:51] …a girl that’s flinging herself at the head of every man in these parts. 这个女孩迷倒这里所有的男人
[19:56] And missing them all! 但是她不要这里的男人!
[19:59] And you, who ought to be attached to your uncle as to your father…. 你该把你姨丈当做父亲看待
[20:04] I am. 我的确把他当做父亲看待
[20:05] And this is the return you make for his kindness? 这就是你报答他的方式?
[20:08] Didn’t he harbor you when your father died? 你父亲过世后 他不是一直在保护你们吗?
[20:12] Hasn’t he given you and your mother a fine house, rent free? 他不是给你跟你妈一个住的地方 还没收你们房租吗?
[20:17] Mark this, and come what will of it… 记住我的话,我是认真的
[20:20] …I will fight the man who pretends the hand of Nora Brady. 我要跟追求诺拉布莱迪的人决斗
[20:24] I’ll follow him if it’s into the church and fight him there. 我会跟着他,即使我得进教堂 在那里跟他决斗
[20:29] I’ll have his blood, or he’ll have mine. 我会杀了他,或是他得杀了我
[20:36] Faith, and I believe ye! 自信满满,我相信你
[20:39] I never saw a lad more game in me life. 我没看过这么有自信的男孩
[20:43] Give me a kiss, me boy. 亲我一下,孩子
[20:48] You’re after me own soul. 你就跟我一样
[20:50] As long as I live, you shall never want a friend or a second. 只要还有一口气在 我会是你最好的朋友
[20:57] Will you take my message to him? And arrange a meeting? 你能帮我传话给他 安排我们见面吗?
[21:03] Well, if it must be, it must. 如果你坚持的话,我会的
[22:14] Look here, Redmond, me boy, this is a silly business. 听我说,瑞德蒙,孩子 这太愚蠢了
[22:18] The girl will marry Quin, mark my words. 记住我的话,那女孩会嫁给奎恩
[22:22] And as sure as she does, you’ll forget her. 一旦她跟他结了婚,你会忘记她
[22:26] You’re but a boy and Quin is willing to consider you as such. 你只是个孩子,奎恩也是这么想
[22:32] Right, Quin? 对吧,奎恩?
[22:34] Oh, mm-hm. 没错
[22:39] Now, Dublin’s a fine place. 都柏林是个好地方
[22:42] If you’ve a mind to ride there and see the town for a month… 如果你愿意到那里待一个月
[22:47] …here’s ten guineas at your service. 这里有十基尼够你花用了
[22:51] Will that satisfy you, Captain Quin? 你能接受吗,奎恩上尉?
[22:55] Yes, if Mr. Barry will apologize and go to Dublin… 当然,如果巴里先生愿意道歉 并且到都柏林去
[22:59] …I will consider the whole affair honorably settled. 我会当问题都妥善解决了
[23:09] Say you’re sorry, Redmond. 快道歉吧,瑞德蒙
[23:12] You can easily say that. 跟他道歉,很简单的
[23:22] I’m not sorry. 我不觉得我错了
[23:26] And I’ll not apologize. 我不要道歉
[23:31] And I’d as soon go to Dublin as to hell. 我不要去都柏林
[23:42] Then there’s nothing else for it. 那么我们别无他法了
[23:47] God bless you. 上帝祝福你,孩子
[23:53] This isn’t my pistol. 这不是我的枪
[23:56] It’s all right, it’s one of mine. 没关系,这是我的枪
[23:59] Yours will serve, if it’s needed, for the next round. 如果进行下一轮决斗 我们再用你的枪
[24:05] Good luck, Redmond. 祝你好运,瑞德蒙
[24:19] Gentlemen… 两位男士
[24:23] …cock your pistols. 请举枪
[24:39] Gentlemen… 两位男士
[24:42] …aim your pistols. 瞄准
[24:58] One. 一
[25:01] Two. 二
[25:05] Three. 三
[25:16] Is he dead? 他死了吗?
[25:22] Quite dead. 他真的死了
[25:29] This has been a sad day’s work for our family. 对我们家族来说,这是悲伤的一天
[25:33] Ye’ve robbed us of 1,500 a year. 你害我们一年损失一千五百镑
[25:36] Now you’d better ride off before the Police are up. 在警察出现前,你最好快点离开
[25:39] They’d wind of this before we left Kilwangan. 在我们离开奇威刚前 他们一定会追查此事
[25:43] Come on, Redmond, I’ll go home with you. 来吧,瑞德蒙,我送你回家
[26:09] How different Barry’s fate might have been… 巴里的人生应该会完全不同
[26:12] …had he not fallen in love with Nora… 要不是他爱上诺拉
[26:15] …and had he not flung the wine in Captain Quin’s face. 要不是他把酒泼到奎恩上尉脸上
[26:19] But he was destined to be a wanderer. 但他注定要亡命天涯
[26:22] And the battle with Quin set him on his travels at an early age… 跟奎恩决斗 逼得他提早展开这段旅程
[26:27] …as you shall soon see. 你们很快就会看到
[26:29] The boy must go into hiding for a short time, anyway. 这孩子得躲上一阵子
[26:34] Dublin’s the best place for him. 都柏林最适合他
[26:36] He can stay there ’til matters have blown over. 他可以待在那里等风声过去
[26:39] But the child has never been away from home before. 但这孩子不曾离家过
[26:43] Wouldn’t he be as safe here? 他待在这里不安全吗?
[26:46] I wish that were true, Aunt Belle. 我也希望他能待在这里,贝拉阿姨
[26:49] But the Bailiffs may be on their way already. 或许警察已经来了
[26:53] Now, Dublin is five days’ ride away from here. 都柏林离这里有五天路程
[26:57] There’s not a soul who’ll know him there. 那里没有人认识他
[27:00] I don’t want to harp on unpleasant matters… 我不想太悲观
[27:03] …but you do know what can happen to him if he’s taken. 但你知道他被抓的话 可能会发生什么事
[27:16] I’ll be all right. 我会没事的
[27:24] I’ll be all right in Dublin, Mother. 我在都柏林会没事的,妈妈
[27:58] No lad with liberty for the first time… 没有孩子第一次出远门
[28:01] …and 20 guineas in his pocket… 口袋还有二十基尼时…
[28:03] …is very sad. 心里还悲伤的起来
[28:05] Barry rode towards Dublin thinking not so much of… 巴里赶往都柏林 心里没想太多事
[28:09] …the kind mother left alone, and the home behind him… 他没想到他独居的母亲 还有无法回去的家
[28:13] …but of tomorrow and all the wonders it would bring. 只想到未来 以及可能出现的奇蹟
[28:30] Excuse me, miss. 对不起,小姐
[28:31] Would it be possible to have a drink of water? 能不能麻烦你给我一杯水?
[28:33] Yes, sir. 好的
[28:40] Good day to you, young sir. 你好,年轻人
[28:45] Good day. 你好
[28:53] Will you join us in a drink? 要跟我们喝一杯吗?
[28:58] No, thank you. 不用了,谢谢
[29:03] Would you like something to eat? 要吃点东西吗?
[29:07] That’s very kind of you, but I have to be on my way. 你真的太好心了,但我还得赶路
[29:17] Thank you. 谢谢
[29:31] Goodbye. 再见
[30:22] Uh, excuse me, sir. 借个路,先生
[30:25] Good morning again, young sir. 早安,年轻人
[30:32] Don’t even think about it. 想都别想
[30:37] Get down off that horse. 快下马
[30:46] Raise your hands above your head, please. 请将手举到头上
[30:49] Come forward. 走到前面来
[30:55] Stop. 停
[31:01] How do you do? I’m Captain Feeney. 你好吗?我是芬尼上尉
[31:07] Captain Feeney! 芬尼上尉
[31:09] Captain Feeney, at your service. 芬尼上尉,为你服务
[31:12] The Captain Feeney? 是那个芬尼上尉吗?
[31:15] None other. 就是我
[31:16] May I introduce you to my son…Seamus? 容我介绍,这是我的儿子萨慕斯
[31:22] How do you do? 你好吗?
[31:23] How do you do? 你好吗?
[31:25] To whom have I the honor of speaking? 请问尊姓大名
[31:28] My name’s Redmond Barry. 我是瑞德蒙巴里
[31:30] How do you do, Mr. Barry? 你好吗,巴里先生?
[31:33] Now we must get onto the more regrettable stage of our brief acquaintance. 现在我们得进入 令人较为不快的正事
[31:37] Turn around and keep your hands high above your head, please. 转身,请把手高举过头
[32:16] There must be 20 guineas in gold here, Father. 他带了二十基尼的金币,父亲
[32:19] You seem to be a very well set up young gentleman, sir. 你似乎是个有钱人,先生
[32:25] Captain Feeney, that’s all the money my mother had in the world. 芬尼上尉,那是我母亲毕生的积蓄
[32:29] Mightn’t I keep it? 能让我留着吗?
[32:31] I’m just one step ahead of the Law myself. 我是个逃犯
[32:34] I killed an English Officer in a duel, and I’m going to Dublin until things cool down. 我在决斗中杀了一名英格兰军官 要到都柏林避锋头
[32:38] Mr. Barry… 巴里先生
[32:40] …in my profession we hear many such stories. 做我这一行,我们听过许多故事
[32:43] Yours is the most intriguing and touching I’ve heard in weeks. 你是这几个星期来 我听过最有趣动人的故事
[32:47] Nevertheless, I cannot grant your request. 但我无法答应你的要求
[32:51] But, I’ll tell you what I will do. 我会告诉你我打算怎么做
[32:54] I’ll allow you to keep those fine boots, which normally I would have for myself. 我会让你留下那双好靴子 平常我会把靴子抢走
[32:59] The next town is only five miles away. 下个城镇只有五哩远
[33:02] And I suggest you now start walking. 我建议你开始走吧
[33:05] Mightn’t I keep my horse? 我不能留下我的马吗?
[33:07] I would like to oblige you… 我很希望能满足你
[33:09] …but, people like us must be able to travel faster than our clients. 但是像我们这样的人 动作必须比顾客快
[33:14] Good day, young sir. 再见,年轻人
[33:30] You can put down your hands now, Mr. Barry. 你可以把手放下了,巴里先生
[34:03] Gale’s Regiment of Foot, commanded by Lieutenant General Charles Gale… 盖尔步兵团 由查尔斯盖尔中将指挥
[34:08] …which has distinguished itself during the recent troubles… 在近来的纷扰中 他们的表现非常好
[34:13] …wants several men to supply the places of those veterans… 也需要找新人替补…
[34:17] …who have deserved to be pensioned at one shilling a day. 一天可以拿到一先令退休金的老兵
[34:23] All clever young fellows who are free and able… 所有自由聪明的年轻人
[34:26] …and are ambitious of becoming gentlemen by bearing arms… 有野心成为身怀武器的绅士
[34:31] …are hereby invited to meet the Recruiting Officer… 都可以跟募兵官谈一谈
[34:35] …who promises that they shall meet with every encouragement… 募兵官保证他们可以得到鼓励
[34:38] …that merit and good behavior can entitle them to. 他们该有的津贴跟亲切的态度
[34:42] Those meeting the qualifications will immediately receive… 符合条件的人立刻可以拿到
[34:46] …His Majesty’s Royal Bounty of one and a half guineas… 国王发给的一个半基尼
[34:50] …with complete clothing, arms and accoutrements. 还配给全套服装、武器跟装备
[34:54] King George and Old England forever. 乔治国王与英格兰万岁
[35:02] Left, left, left, right, left. 左,左,左,右,左
[35:06] Left, left, left, right, left. 左,左,左,右,左
[35:10] For a young man in difficulty… 这个年轻人面临困境
[35:12] …who had killed a man in a duel and was anxious to find refuge from the Law… 在决斗中杀了人 急欲逃避法律制裁
[35:17] …the chance to earn distinction in the European wars… 有在欧洲战争中扬名立万的机会
[35:21] …seemed a stroke of good fortune. 似乎是命运的眷顾
[35:24] And King George needed men too much to heed from whence they came. 乔治国王急需男丁 不在乎他们的背景
[35:48] Hey, lad! Lad! 小子!
[35:50] Lad! 小子!
[35:52] Can I have a new beaker? This one is full of grease. 能给我一个新杯子吗? 这个杯子油腻腻的
[36:06] Covered in grease! Give the gentleman a towel and a basin of turtle soup. 油腻腻的! 给他一条毛巾跟一盆龟肉汤吧
[36:45] If you want to vex him, ask him about his wife… 如果你想烦他,问他太太的事
[36:49] …the washerwoman, who beats him. 那个殴打他的洗衣妇
[36:51] Mr. Toole, is it a towel of your wife’s washing? 杜尔先生 那条毛巾是你老婆洗的吗?
[36:56] They say she wipes your face often with one. 他们说她常拿毛巾抽你的脸
[37:00] Ask him why he wouldn’t see her yesterday when she came here. 问他昨天老婆来这里时 为什么他不肯见她
[37:04] Mr. Toole, why did you hide when Mrs. Toole came to visit you? 杜尔先生,杜尔太太来见你时 为什么你要躲起来?
[37:08] Afraid of getting your ears boxed? 你害怕被打耳光吗?
[37:16] Gentlemen, you may fight it out with fists if you choose. 两位,如果你们愿意的话 可以来场赤手空拳的决斗
[37:21] We’ll form a square for that purpose. 我们会为你们排出队形
[37:35] Gentlemen, step this way, please. 两位男士,请到这边来
[37:44] Shake hands. 握手
[37:47] Shake hands. 握手
[37:49] Take your stance. 各自就位
[37:53] No biting, kicking or scratching. 不准咬人、踢人或抓人
[37:56] The last man to remain standing is the winner. 撑到最后的人就赢了
[37:59] Gentlemen, commence fighting, now! 两位,开始!
[40:21] Barry’s training continued at the camp. 巴里继续在军营里受训
[40:25] Within a month he was transformed into a proper young soldier. 一个月内,他变成优秀的年轻士兵
[40:31] The Regiment’s strength was steadily increased… 此时,步兵团兵力随着
[40:35] …by the arrival of other troops… 其他部队的加入,越来越庞大
[40:37] …in preparation for joining their armies fighting in Germany. 准备到日耳曼投入战争
[40:44] One occasion… 某一天
[40:45] …brought the welcome appearance of his second in the fatal duel… 他见到了那场致命决斗里的助手
[40:50] …Captain Grogan. 葛洛根上尉
[41:10] It would have helped if we’d known what had become of you. 我们都很想知道你的近况
[41:15] Didn’t you think of writing to your mother? 你没想过要写信给你母亲吗?
[41:22] Of course. 我当然想过
[41:25] But the shame I felt of losing her money… 但我觉得很丢脸,弄丢了她的钱
[41:29] …my father’s sword and pistols…. 我爸爸的剑跟手枪
[41:33] I couldn’t tell her. 我不知道怎么跟她说
[41:36] She wouldn’t care about those things. 她不在乎那些东西
[41:39] You are her only concern. 她只关心你
[41:41] Tonight you must write her a proper letter. 今晚你得好好写封信给她
[41:45] Tell her that you’re safe and well. 跟她说你平安无事
[41:51] I will. 我会的
[42:00] Is Miss Brady well? 布莱迪小姐还好吗?
[42:07] There are only six Miss Bradys now. 现在只有六位布莱迪小姐
[42:13] Has something happened to Nora? 诺拉出事了吗?
[42:18] She took on so about your going away… 你离开后她很难过
[42:22] …that she had to console herself with a husband. 必须找个丈夫安慰自己
[42:26] She is now Mrs. John Quin. 现在她是约翰奎恩太太
[42:33] Mrs. John Quin? 约翰奎恩太太?
[42:36] Was there another John Quin? 还有别的约翰奎恩吗?
[42:38] No. 不
[42:40] The same, me boy. He recovered from his wound. 就是原来的约翰奎恩,孩子 他的伤势康复了
[42:45] The shot you hit him with could not hurt him. It was made of tow. 你那一枪没杀了他,那是空包弹
[42:52] Tow? 空包弹?
[42:55] The Bradys wouldn’t let you kill 1, 500 a year out of the family. 布莱迪家族不可能让你 害他们一年损失一千五百镑
[43:01] The plan of the duel was arranged in order to get you out of the way. 他们安排决斗,目的是为了除掉你
[43:07] The cowardly Quin couldn’t be brought to marry… 懦弱的奎恩不同意举行婚礼
[43:10] …from fear of you. 因为他怕你
[43:12] But hit him you certainly did, me lad. 但你真的打中他了,我的孩子
[43:15] With a fine thick plugget of tow. 不过子弹是空包弹
[43:19] He was so frightened, it took him an hour to come to. 他吓昏了,一小时后才醒过来
[43:26] Are you in want of cash? 你需要钱吗?
[43:30] You may draw on me. For I got a couple of hundred from your uncle. 你可以跟我开口 你姨丈给我几百镑
[43:36] While that lasts, you shall never want. 有了那笔钱,你可以不愁吃穿
[43:43] It would require a great historian to explain the causes… 只有伟大的历史学家才能解释
[43:48] …of the Seven Years’ War in Europe… 欧洲七年战争的起因
[43:52] …to which Barry’s regiment was now on its way. 巴里的部队出发投入战争
[43:56] Let it suffice to say, that England and Prussia were allies… 就这么说吧 英格兰跟普鲁士结盟
[44:00] …and at war against… 投入战争对抗…
[44:02] …France, Sweden, Russia and Austria. 法国、瑞典、俄罗斯跟奥地利
[44:20] Barry’s first taste of battle… 巴里初尝战争滋味
[44:22] …was only a skirmish against a rearguard of Frenchmen… 那是场对上法国后卫部队的小战役
[44:26] …who occupied an orchard beside a road… 他们占据的路边果园
[44:29] …down which the English main force wished to pass. 刚好是英格兰主力部队要通过的路线
[44:34] Though this encounter is not recorded in any history book… 史书并未记载这场战争
[44:38] …it was memorable enough for those who took part. 但参战的人永远不会忘记
[47:02] I’ve only a hundred guineas left to give you… 我只剩一百基尼可以留给你
[47:06] …for I lost the rest at cards. 其他的都被我打牌输光了
[47:12] Kiss me, me boy, for we’ll never meet again. 亲我一下,我的孩子 我们不会再见面
[47:49] It is well to dream of glorious war in a snug armchair. 坐在躺椅上 梦想光荣的战争是一回事
[47:54] It is a different thing to see it firsthand. 亲自参与是另一回事
[47:59] After his friend’s death, Barry’s thoughts turned from military glory… 朋友战死后 巴里的梦想从沙场上的荣耀
[48:04] …to those of escaping the Service… 转移到急欲逃离军旅生涯
[48:07] …to which he was tied for six years. 虽然他得在军队里待六年
[48:24] Gentlemen talk of the Age of Chivalry… 绅士们高谈阔论骑士时代
[48:28] …but remember the ploughmen, poachers and pickpockets they lead. 但是其实也记得他们带领的低贱平民
[48:33] It is with these sad instruments great warriors and kings… 这些人是造就 伟大战士跟国王的悲伤工具
[48:38] …have been doing their murderous work in the world. 他们负责做全世界最残酷的工作
[48:51] Barry could not have fallen into worse circumstances… 巴里发现自己…
[48:54] …than those in which he found himself. 置身在最悲惨的环境中
[48:58] But fate did not intend he should remain long an English soldier. 但命运之神不希望他 在英格兰军队里待太久
[49:02] An accident occurred… 一起意外的发生
[49:04] …which took him out of the Service in a rather singular manner. 让他得以脱离军队
[49:36] Freddie, I hope you won’t be angry with me, but… 佛雷迪,希望你不会生我的气
[49:41] …I’ve got something to tell you which you won’t be happy about. 我有事要跟你说,你一定会不开心
[49:45] Oh? What is it? 到底是什么事?
[49:47] First, promise me you’ll keep your temper. 先答应我你不会生气
[49:52] Jonathan, don’t be an ass! You’re making a big mystery of it. 强纳森,别那么混蛋! 一副神秘兮兮的模样
[49:57] What is going on? 发生了什么事?
[49:59] I have to go away again. 我又得离开了
[50:02] For about two weeks. 大约两星期
[50:04] Oh, God, you’re not serious? 天啊,你是认真的吗?
[50:08] I am. There’s nothing I can do about it. 当然是,我一点办法都没有
[50:13] Where to this time? 这次你要去哪里?
[50:15] To Bremen, carrying important dispatches to Prince Henry. 我要去不来梅 将重要情报交给亨利亲王
[50:20] But you promised me last time it would be never again. 但上次你答应过我下不为例
[50:25] I know. And I’ve kept my part of the bargain, but… 我知道,我尽量履行我的承诺
[50:29] …Pontersby insists I’m the only one who can be entrusted with the trip. 但庞特斯比坚持 他只相信我能完成这趟任务
[50:33] Here was the opportunity to escape from the Army… 这是他一直在等待 逃离军队的大好机会
[50:36] …for which he had been searching. 他为此已经等了很久了
[50:39] It was only a few miles to the area occupied by their Prussian allies… 这里离普鲁士盟军据点 只有几哩路
[50:45] …where this Officer’s uniform and papers… 这位军官的制服跟证件
[50:47] …should allow him to travel without suspicion… 能让他自由离开,不会启人疑窦
[50:50] …and stay ahead of the news of his desertion. 没有人会发现他成了逃兵
[50:56] Then, we’ll have little time together. 那么我们还有一点时间在一起
[50:59] Are you cross with me? 你在生我的气吗?
[51:02] Damn you, I can’t stay cross with you for long. 该死,我无法生你的气生太久
[51:08] Oh, Jonathan… 强纳森
[51:10] …at times like this I realize how much I care for you… 这种时候让我了解我多么在乎你
[51:14] …and how empty life would be without you. 没有你的话,生命会是一片空白
[51:18] Frederick! 佛迪瑞克!
[51:43] Barry was glad to see the uniforms of the Prussian Infantry. 巴里很高兴见到普鲁士步兵团
[51:50] They showed him that he was out of English-occupied territory. 这证明他已经离开英格兰占领区
[52:00] His intention was to make for Holland… 他打算到荷兰去
[52:03] …almost the only neutral country of Europe, in those times… 当时欧洲唯一的中立国
[52:07] …and thence to get a passage home, somehow. 从那里想办法回家
[52:11] As he rode away… 一路前进时…
[52:13] …Barry felt he was now in his proper sphere. 巴里觉得很安心
[52:16] And determined never again to fall from the rank of a gentleman. 决定他再也不要从军
[52:39] Excuse me, miss. 对不起,小姐
[52:42] Yes. 有什么事吗?
[52:43] Good day. 你好
[52:45] Good day. 你好
[52:48] Do you speak English? 你会说英文吗?
[52:53] I’m speaking little. 我会说一点英文
[52:58] I have not eaten all day, no food. 我整天没东西可吃
[53:03] Is there an inn nearby where I might have a meal? 附近有旅馆能让我吃点东西吗?
[53:09] No…I don’t think so. 不,我想应该没有
[53:13] There is nothing to eat before Grounberg. 在葛鲁堡之前 没有地方可以让你吃东西
[53:21] Do you live near here? 你住在附近吗?
[53:26] Yes. 对
[53:30] Would you…feed me? I’d be happy to pay you. 你能给我一点东西吃吗? 我很乐意付你钱
[53:39] I think so. 我想应该没问题
[54:06] Is it a boy or girl? 是男孩或女孩?
[54:09] A boy. 男孩
[54:13] What’s his name? 他叫什么名字?
[54:14] Peter. 彼得
[54:17] How old is he? 彼得多大了?
[54:19] He’s one year old. 他已经一岁了
[54:25] Where is Peter’s father? 彼得的父亲人呢?
[54:29] Where he is? 你是说,他在哪里?
[54:33] Yes. 对
[54:35] In the war. 他去打仗了
[54:41] How long has he been gone? 他离开多久了?
[54:46] Sorry…I didn’t understand. 抱歉,我听不懂
[54:50] What? 什么?
[54:55] Oh! A long time. 非常久了
[54:58] Since springtime. 他在春天时离开
[55:06] It must be hard for you to be alone. 你一个人带孩子一定很辛苦
[55:12] It is. 没错
[55:19] It must be dangerous for you in the war. 你上战场一定很危险
[55:28] I’m an Officer and must do my duty. 我是军官,必须完成任务
[55:40] You are sometimes… 你有时候会…
[55:42] …lonely? 寂寞吗?
[55:46] Sometimes. 有时候会的
[56:05] What did you say your name is? 你说你叫什么名字?
[56:10] Lieutenant Fakenham. 费肯汉少尉
[56:12] No, I mean… 不,我是说
[56:15] …what is the name before Fakenham? 费肯汉之前的名字?
[56:19] My first name? 我的名字吗?
[56:22] Jonathan. 强纳森
[56:25] Jonathan? 强纳森?
[56:29] Would you like… 你要不要…
[56:30] …to stay with me? 留下来陪我?
[56:32] For a few days, or sometimes? 几天就好?
[56:39] That would be very nice. 我非常愿意
[57:12] Goodbye, my beautiful Lischen. 再见,美丽的莉丝琴
[57:21] Goodbye, Redmond. 再见,瑞德蒙
[57:27] I love you. 我爱你
[57:28] I love you. 我爱你
[57:31] Look after yourself. 好好照顾自己
[57:37] God be with you. 愿上帝与你同在
[57:44] A lady who sets her heart on a lad in uniform… 爱上军人的女人
[57:49] …must prepare to change lovers pretty quickly… 必须有很快 就得换爱人的心理准备
[57:52] …or her life will be a sad one. 不然她会过着悲惨的一生
[57:56] This heart of Lischen’s was like many a neighboring town… 莉丝琴的心跟邻近的小镇一样
[58:01] …and had been stormed and occupied many times before Barry came to invest it. 在巴里来访之前 已经多次遭到入侵进驻
[58:31] During five years of war… 在五年战争里
[58:34] …the illustrious Frederick had so exhausted the males of his kingdom… 赫赫有名的腓特烈国王 耗尽国内的男丁人口
[58:39] …that he had to employ recruiters… 到了必须派出募兵官的地步
[58:42] …who would commit any crime, including kidnapping… 他们不择手段,甚至绑架平民
[58:46] …to keep supplied those brilliant regiments of his with cannon fodder. 以源源不绝的供应给 国王英勇的炮灰大队
[59:23] Good evening, sir. 晚安,先生
[59:26] I’m Captain Potzdorf. To whom have I the honor of speaking? 我是波兹杜夫上尉,请问尊姓大名
[59:31] Good evening. I’m Lieutenant Fakenham, Gale’s Regiment of Foot. 晚安,我是费肯汉少尉 隶属盖尔步兵团
[59:36] Pleased to meet you. 幸会
[59:39] Can we be of assistance to you? 有什么需要我们协助的吗?
[59:42] Thank you, but I am carrying urgent dispatches and must continue on my way. 谢谢,但我带着重要情报 必须继续前进
[59:47] And your destination? 你的目的地是?
[59:51] Bremen. 我要前往不来梅
[59:54] Then you’re obviously lost, Lieutenant. 那么你一定是迷路了,少尉
[59:57] Bremen is in the opposite direction. 不来梅在反方向
[1:00:00] Are you sure? 你确定,上尉?
[1:00:01] Yes. 确定
[1:00:04] Wouldn’t you know it! 我的天啊
[1:00:06] My departure was so hasty that my orderly forgot to prepare proper maps. 我匆忙离开 我的部下忘记准备正确的地图
[1:00:12] I understand. 我了解
[1:00:16] Please, do not be offended, Lieutenant… 少尉,请不要生气
[1:00:20] …but are you carrying your identity papers? 你有带身分证件吗?
[1:00:25] Yes, of course. 我当然有带
[1:00:28] May I see them? 我能看一下吗?
[1:00:32] Of course. 没问题
[1:00:38] Here you are. 拿去吧
[1:00:39] Thank you. 谢谢
[1:00:54] Thank you, Lieutenant, I hope I haven’t inconvenienced you. 谢谢你,少尉 希望没造成你的不便
[1:00:59] Not at all. 完全不会
[1:01:02] Now that we are riding in the same direction… 既然我们要去的方向一致
[1:01:06] …may I offer you a meal and a bed for the night… 或许我有招待你吃一顿 晚上好好睡一觉
[1:01:11] …and a proper map for the journey? 再给你正确地图的荣幸
[1:01:16] That’s kind of you, Captain. I’d be honored to accept. 你真是好心,上尉 我很荣幸能接受招待
[1:01:43] Barry was treated with great civility… 巴里得到热情招待
[1:01:47] …and was asked questions about England. 被问及关于英格兰的问题
[1:01:50] He answered as best he could, inventing many stories. 他尽可能地回答 还自己编了一些故事
[1:01:56] He described the King and Ministers… 他描述国王跟部长们
[1:01:59] …boasted that the British Ambassador in Berlin was his uncle… 说英国驻柏林大使是他的舅舅
[1:02:03] …and even offered Potzdorf a letter of introduction. 甚至还说要帮波兹杜夫写介绍信
[1:02:07] His host seemed satisfied with these stories. 这些故事似乎让他的主人很满意
[1:02:11] But, he led Barry on with a skillful combination of questions… 但他对巴里提出一大堆问题
[1:02:17] …and flattery. 还对他大加奉承
[1:02:18] I know so little of your country of England… 很抱歉,我不太了解英格兰
[1:02:23] …except that you are the bravest nation in the world… 只知道你们是全世界最勇敢的国家
[1:02:26] …and that we are fortunate to have such allies. 我们很幸运能跟你们结盟
[1:02:31] Lieutenant Fakenham… 费肯汉少尉
[1:02:33] …let us drink to the friendship of our two great nations. 为两国的友谊干一杯吧
[1:02:38] To our two great nations. 敬这两个伟大的国家
[1:02:50] Ah. 啊
[1:03:01] Aren’t you lucky, going to Bremen tomorrow? 你真的很幸运,明天可以到不来梅
[1:03:06] I know one of the loveliest women in Europe there. 我在那里认识全欧洲最漂亮的女人
[1:03:11] Would you take a letter to her? 你能帮我带信给她吗?
[1:03:15] Certainly. 没问题
[1:03:16] By the way, to whom are you carrying your dispatches? 对了,你要把情报交给谁?
[1:03:23] General Williamson. 威廉森将军
[1:03:27] General Williamson? 威廉森将军?
[1:03:28] Yes. 对
[1:03:31] General Percival Williamson? 普西佛威廉森将军?
[1:03:36] Yes, the same. 就是他
[1:03:44] Sergeant. 军士
[1:03:50] This man is under arrest. 逮捕这家伙
[1:03:56] Under arrest? Captain Potzdorf, sir… 逮捕我?波兹杜夫上尉…
[1:04:00] …I’m a British Officer. 我是英国军官
[1:04:03] You’re a liar and an imposter. 你是骗子,你是冒牌货
[1:04:07] You’re a deserter. 你是逃兵
[1:04:09] I suspected you this morning. Your lies and folly have confirmed this. 今天早上我就开始怀疑你 你的谎言证实了我的看法
[1:04:15] You pretend to carry dispatches to a General, dead these ten months. 你假装要送情报 给十个月前阵亡的将军
[1:04:20] You say the British Ambassador in Berlin… 你说英国驻柏林大使
[1:04:22] …is your uncle, with the ridiculous name of O’Grady. 是你的舅舅,叫什么鬼欧葛来帝
[1:04:27] Now, will you join and take the bounty, or be given up? 你要加入军队,还是要被逮捕?
[1:04:35] I volunteer. 我自愿加入军队
[1:04:41] The Prussian Service was worse than the English. 普鲁士军队比英格兰军队更为严格
[1:04:46] The life of a Private Soldier was frightful. 大兵的生活非常悲惨
[1:04:51] Punishment was incessant. Every Officer had the right to inflict it. 处罚非常残忍 所有的军官都能处罚士兵
[1:04:58] The gauntlet was a common penalty for minor offenses. 犯下小错就会鞭打
[1:05:03] More serious ones were punishable by mutilation or death. 犯下重罪会被砍断手脚 甚至是处死
[1:05:17] At the close of the Seven Years’ War the army… 七年战争迈入尾声
[1:05:20] …renowned for its disciplined valor, was officered by native Prussians. 以纪律闻名的大军 名义上是由普鲁士人组成
[1:05:26] But it was mostly composed… 但多数成员
[1:05:29] …of men from the lowest levels of humanity… 来自社会的最低层
[1:05:33] …hired or stolen from every nation in Europe. 到欧洲各国雇用或骗来的人
[1:05:38] Thus, Barry fell into the worst company… 巴里置身在最险恶的大染缸中
[1:05:44] …and was soon far advanced in the science of every kind of misconduct. 很快地就熟悉各种偷鸡摸狗的技俩
[1:07:47] Help. 救命啊
[1:07:49] Get me out of here. 快把我拉出去
[1:09:07] The Colonel’s speech declared the King’s satisfaction… 上校说国王非常满意
[1:09:12] …with the conduct of the Regiment at the Battle of Audorf… 军队在奥多夫之役的表现
[1:09:16] …and with Corporal Barry’s bravery in rescuing Captain Potzdorf… 巴里下士勇敢地救了波兹杜夫上尉
[1:09:21] …which was to be rewarded with the sum of two frederick d’or. 因而获到两枚普鲁士金币的奖励
[1:09:31] Corporal Barry, eight paces forward… 巴里下士,请向前八步
[1:09:35] …march! 齐步走!
[1:09:49] Corporal Barry. 巴里下士
[1:09:55] You’re a gallant soldier, and evidently of good stock… 你是个好士兵,非常勇敢
[1:09:58] …but you’re idle and unprincipled. 但你懒惰又不守纪律
[1:10:02] You’re a bad influence on the men. 你带坏了其他的人
[1:10:04] And for all your bravery, I’m sure you’ll come to no good. 虽然很勇敢 我相信你什么事都做不好
[1:10:11] I hope the Colonel is mistaken. 我希望这一点上校弄错了
[1:10:15] I have fallen into bad company, but I’ve only done as other soldiers do. 我交到坏朋友 但我做的事跟其他士兵一样
[1:10:20] I’ve never had a friend or protector before… 从来没有朋友或保护者
[1:10:23] …to show that I was worthy of better things. 教我怎么力争上游
[1:10:27] The Colonel may say I’m ruined, and send me to the Devil. 上校可以说我这个人毁了 要我去见恶魔
[1:10:31] But, I would go to the Devil to serve the Regiment. 但是我愿意为了效忠军队 去见恶魔
[1:10:38] Corporal Barry, fall in. 巴里下士,归队
[1:10:51] The war ended and Barry’s regiment was garrisoned in the Capital. 战争结束,巴里的部队驻守在首都
[1:10:58] He had, for some time, ingratiated himself with Captain Potzdorf… 他已经巴结了普兹杜夫上尉好一阵子
[1:11:04] …whose confidence in him was about to bring its reward. 他对他的信任即将得到回报
[1:11:17] Good morning, Redmond. 早安,瑞德蒙
[1:11:19] Good morning, Captain. 早安,上尉
[1:11:21] I should like you to meet my uncle, the Minister of Police. 我要跟你介绍我的叔叔,警务部长
[1:11:27] Good morning, Herr Minister. 早安,部长先生
[1:11:31] Redmond… 瑞德蒙
[1:11:32] …I’ve spoken to the Minister regarding your services and your fortune is made. 我跟部长谈过你的表现 还有你立下的战功
[1:11:37] We shall get you out of the Army… 我们能帮助你离开军队
[1:11:39] …appoint you to the Police Bureau, and, in time… 将你调到警察局,很快地
[1:11:44] …we’ll allow you to move in a better sphere. 我们会帮助你爬上高位
[1:11:49] Thank you, Captain. 谢谢你,上尉
[1:11:54] Your loyalty to me and service to the Regiment has pleased me. 你对我的忠诚及在军中的表现 让我非常满意
[1:12:01] Now there is another occasion on which you can assist us. 你还可以帮我们一个忙
[1:12:06] If you succeed… 如果你成功了
[1:12:08] …depend on it… 因为这个缘故
[1:12:10] …your reward will be secure. 就可以拿到奖赏
[1:12:14] I’ll do my best, sir. 我会尽力的,长官
[1:12:24] There is a gentleman in Berlin in the service of the Empress of Austria. 在柏林有个人为奥地利女王服务
[1:12:30] He calls himself the Chevalier de Balibari. 他自称是巴里巴瑞骑士
[1:12:34] He appears to be a professional gambler. 他以职业赌徒之姿出现
[1:12:38] He’s a libertine: 是个浪荡子
[1:12:41] Fond of women, of good food… 喜欢美女跟美食
[1:12:44] …polished, obliging. 过着奢华光鲜的生活
[1:12:48] He speaks French and German indifferently. 他的法文跟德文说得非常好
[1:12:52] But we have reason to fancy that Monsieur de Balibari… 不过我们有理由相信 巴里巴瑞先生
[1:12:56] …is a native of your country of Ireland. 跟你一样是爱尔兰人
[1:13:01] And that he has come here as a spy. 他来这里当间谍
[1:13:15] Your knowledge of English… 你精通英文…
[1:13:17] …makes you an ideal choice to go into his service… 是接近他的理想选择
[1:13:22] …and find out whether or not he is a spy. 查出他到底是不是间谍
[1:13:28] Does this assignment interest you? 你对这项任务有兴趣吗?
[1:13:32] Minister, I’m interested in anything that can be of service to you… 部长先生,我当然想为您…
[1:13:36] …and Captain Potzdorf. 也为波兹杜夫上尉效力
[1:13:50] You will not know a word of English. 你完全听不懂英文
[1:13:54] If the Chevalier remarks on your accent, say you are Hungarian. 如果骑士先生怀疑你的口音 就说你是匈牙利人
[1:14:00] You served in the war. 你上过战场
[1:14:02] You left the Army for medical reasons… 因为健康问题退伍
[1:14:06] …then served Monsieur de Quellenberg for two years. 为奎伦伯格先生服务两年
[1:14:10] He’s now with the Army in Silesia, but you’ll have a certificate from him. 他跟着军队到了西利西亚 但是你可以代表他说话
[1:14:39] Good morning, Your Honor. 早安,先生
[1:15:00] So you are the young man recommended by Seebach. 你就是席巴赫推荐的那个年轻人
[1:15:05] Yes, Your Honor, here are my credentials. 是的,先生,这是我的证书
[1:15:19] Your name is Lazlo Zilagy? 你叫拉左洛奇拉吉?
[1:15:24] Yes, Your Honor. 是的,先生
[1:15:29] Monsieur de Quellenberg recommends you highly. 奎伦伯格先生对你是赞不绝口
[1:15:34] Monsieur is a very good man. 奎伦伯格先生是个大好人
[1:15:45] It was imprudent of him… 他的举动可说是轻率…
[1:15:47] …but when Barry saw the Chevalier’s splendor… 但巴里看到骑士先生的气势
[1:15:51] …and noble manner… 还有他的高雅举止
[1:15:54] …he felt unable to keep disguise with him. 他发现自己无法再伪装下去
[1:15:58] Those who have never been exiled… 不曾流浪的人
[1:16:01] …know not what it is to hear a friendly voice in captivity… 不知道人在屋檐下 听到乡音时的感觉
[1:16:06] …and would not understand the cause… 也不了解为什么…
[1:16:09] …of the burst of feeling now about to take place. 他的心情会突然激动起来
[1:16:16] You seem the right one to me. 看起来你很适合这份工作
[1:16:22] Thank you, Your Honor. 谢谢你,先生
[1:16:31] Are you ill? 你病了吗?
[1:16:38] Sir… 先生
[1:16:40] …I have a confession to make to you. 我得跟你坦白一件事
[1:16:44] I’m an Irishman. 我是爱尔兰人
[1:16:47] My name is Redmond Barry. 我叫瑞德蒙巴里
[1:16:52] I was abducted into the Prussian Army. 我被普鲁士军队绑架
[1:16:56] Now I’ve been put into your service… 现在奉波兹杜夫上尉跟他的叔叔
[1:16:59] …by my Captain Potzdorf and his uncle, the Minister of Police… 也就是警务部长的命令来为你工作
[1:17:08] …to serve as a watch upon your…actions… 我得监视你的一举一动
[1:17:13] …and to give information to them. 提供情报给他们
[1:17:38] The Chevalier was much affected… 他乡遇故知
[1:17:42] …at thus finding one of his countrymen. 让骑士很感动
[1:17:45] For he too was an exile. 他也是流亡人士
[1:17:48] And a friendly voice, a look… 听到熟悉口音,见到同胞
[1:17:51] …brought the old country back to his memory. 让他想起自己的祖国
[1:17:58] He is very religious and attends church regularly. 他非常虔诚,会定期上教堂
[1:18:02] After Mass he comes home for breakfast. 做完弥撒后就回家吃早餐
[1:18:09] He then takes an airing in his carriage. 他会搭着马车去兜风
[1:18:11] Barry presented his reports regularly to the Minister. 巴里固定跟部长报告
[1:18:16] The details were arranged beforehand with the Chevalier. 内容都是他事先跟骑士商量好的
[1:18:21] He was instructed to tell the truth… 他奉命尽可能说实话
[1:18:25] …as much as his story would possibly bear. 努力不露出破绽
[1:18:29] The information he gave was very minute and accurate… 他提供的资讯非常仔细确实
[1:18:34] …though not very important. 但都不是什么重要的事
[1:18:37] –But who does not acknowledge him. 但他不认识他
[1:18:57] Wine or punch, Your Honor? 葡萄酒或鸡尾酒,大人?
[1:19:00] Wine. 葡萄酒
[1:19:02] It was agreed that Barry should keep his character of valet. 他们说好 巴里得继续扮演贴身侍从角色
[1:19:07] That, before strangers, he should not know a word of English. 在陌生人面前 他得装成听不懂英文
[1:19:12] And that he should keep a lookout on the trumps when serving the wine. 上酒时他得注意每个人手上拿的牌
[1:19:19] Having excellent eyesight… 有付好眼力
[1:19:21] …and a natural aptitude… 加上天生才能
[1:19:24] …he was able to give his dear patron much assistance… 他在牌桌上提供主人许多帮助
[1:19:28] …against his opponents at the green table. 打败对手
[1:19:32] If, for instance, he wiped the table with a napkin… 譬如他拿餐巾擦桌子
[1:19:36] …the enemy was strong in Diamonds. 代表敌人拿到方块大牌
[1:19:39] If he adjusted a chair it meant Ace King. 他调整椅子,代表敌人拿到王牌
[1:19:43] If he said, “Punch or wine, My Lord?”… 如果他说 “鸡尾酒或葡萄酒,大人?”
[1:19:46] …Hearts were meant, and so forth. 那代表敌人拿到的是红心
[1:20:01] The Prince of Terbingen… 图宾根亲王
[1:20:03] …who had intimate connections with the Great Frederick… 跟腓特烈大帝关系密切
[1:20:08] …was passionately fond of play as were the gentlemen… 他很喜欢打牌
[1:20:12] …of almost all the Courts of Europe. 就跟许多欧洲贵族一样
[1:20:14] You owe 15,500 frederick d’or. 你欠了一万五千五百个金币
[1:20:52] Chevalier… 骑士
[1:20:57] …though I cannot say how… 我不知道你用了什么方法
[1:21:01] …I believe you have cheated me. 但是我相信你在诈赌
[1:21:11] I deny Your Grace’s accusation… 我否认殿下的指控
[1:21:14] …and beg you to say how you have been cheated. 并要求殿下说出我用什么方式诈赌
[1:21:19] I don’t know. 我真的不知道
[1:21:21] But I believe I have been. 但我相信你在诈赌
[1:21:25] Your Grace owes me 15,500 frederick d’or… 殿下欠我一万五千五百金币
[1:21:31] …which I have honorably won. 那是我光明正大赢来的
[1:21:35] Chevalier… 骑士
[1:21:39] …if you will have your money now you must fight for it. 你想要拿回你的钱,就得决斗
[1:21:44] If you will be patient… 如果你有耐心
[1:21:47] …maybe I will pay you something another time. 或许下次我会还你一些
[1:21:54] Your Grace, if I am to be so tame as to take this… 殿下,如果我那么容易说话
[1:21:59] …then I must give up an honorable and lucrative occupation. 就没办法从事这种 光明正大且获利丰厚的营生
[1:22:05] I have said all there is to be said. 该说的我都说了
[1:22:08] I am at your disposal for whatever purposes you wish. 你爱怎么处置都随便你
[1:22:14] Good night. 晚安
[1:22:37] Was the Prince cheated? 亲王遭诈赌?
[1:22:42] In as far as I am able to tell, Herr Minister, no. 部长先生,我认为应该没有
[1:22:46] I believe he won the money fairly. 我相信他赢得光明正大
[1:22:53] What are the Chevalier’s intentions? 骑士的意图是什么?
[1:22:56] I’m not sure. 我不知道
[1:22:58] The Prince told him that if he wanted his money he’d have to fight for it. 亲王跟他说 他要钱的话就得决斗
[1:23:06] A meeting with the Prince is impossible. 跟亲王见面是不可能的
[1:23:12] The Prince has left him no other choice. 亲王让他别无选择
[1:23:40] Now. 明天你能再来一趟 而不启人疑窦吗?
[1:23:42] Will you be able to return here tomorrow without arousing suspicion? 我知道他们不会答应 我跟亲王见面
[1:23:48] I know they won’t allow a meeting with the Prince. 如果我那么说 你知道他为什么要还我钱吗?
[1:23:51] But if I say that, do you know any reason why he’ll pay me what he owes? 你得跟他们说我要求决斗
[1:23:57] You must tell them I intend to demand satisfaction. 别那样子,孩子
[1:24:01] Don’t look so downcast, my boy. 他们无法伤害我 奥地利大使会处理的
[1:24:04] They cannot harm me, the Austrian Embassy will see to that. 他们最多只能把我赶出这个烂国家
[1:24:09] The worst they can do is send me out of this dreary country of theirs. 如果他们那么做,别担心
[1:24:14] If they should, don’t worry… 我不会丢下你的
[1:24:18] …you shall not be left behind. 别害怕
[1:24:21] Have no fear of that. 国王决定将骑士驱逐出境
[1:24:25] The King has determined to send the Chevalier out of the country. 他要求决斗吗?
[1:24:30] Has he already demanded satisfaction? 还没有,但我相信他会提出要求
[1:24:34] Not yet, but I believe he intends to… 可能今天就会
[1:24:38] …possibly today. 我们明天就得将这件事处理好
[1:24:41] Then this must be done tomorrow. 做好所有安排
[1:24:43] All the arrangements are made. 瑞德蒙
[1:24:50] You said he takes a drive after breakfast every day. 你说每天吃完早餐后他会去兜风
[1:24:55] Yes, sir. 是的
[1:24:58] Is there any reason he should do any different tomorrow? 明天他会更改行程吗?
[1:25:02] No, sir. 应该不会
[1:25:04] Good. 很好
[1:25:07] When the Chevalier comes out to his carriage in the morning… 明天骑士一出门要上马车
[1:25:10] …two Officers will meet him and escort him to the frontier. 两位军官会护送他到边界
[1:25:14] His baggage will be sent after him. 之后再将他的行李送还给他
[1:25:17] Excellent. 非常好
[1:25:30] At ten o’clock the next morning… 隔天早上十点
[1:25:33] …the Chevalier de Balibari… 巴里巴瑞骑士
[1:25:36] …went out for his regular morning drive. 展开例行的晨间兜风之旅
[1:25:48] Where’s my servant, Lazlo? 我的仆人拉左洛在哪里?
[1:25:50] I will let down the steps, Your Honor. 我来帮你放下踏阶,大人
[1:26:04] What is this about? 这是怎么一回事?
[1:26:05] Please get inside. 请上车
[1:26:09] Am I under arrest? 我被捕了吗?
[1:26:11] We’re driving to the frontier. 我们要赶往边界
[1:26:14] Frontier? But I’m on my way to the Austrian Ambassador’s house. 边界?但我要到奥地利大使官邸
[1:26:19] My orders are to escort you to the frontier… 很抱歉,大人 我奉命送你到边界
[1:26:22] …and see you safely across the border. 并且看着你安全通过边界
[1:26:24] But, I’m not going to the frontier. 但是我不要去边界
[1:26:26] I have very important business at the Austrian Ambassador’s house. 我有重要的事 要到奥地利大使官邸跑一趟
[1:26:31] My orders are to take Your Honor to the frontier by any means necessary. 我奉命不计代价送大人到边界
[1:26:36] If you come willingly… 如果你自愿离开
[1:26:37] …I’m to give you this purse 我代表图宾根亲王 将这个皮包交给你
[1:26:41] …containing 2,000 frederick d’or. 里面有两百枚金币
[1:26:53] All Europe shall hear of this. 全欧洲都会知道这件事
[1:27:01] And so, without papers or passport… 没有证件或护照
[1:27:06] …and under the eyes of two Prussian Officers… 在两名普鲁士军官的监视下
[1:27:09] …Barry was escorted across the frontier into Saxony and freedom. 巴里越过边界 进入萨克森,重获自由
[1:27:15] The Chevalier himself had uneventfully crossed the frontier the night before. 骑士早在前一晚 安全地通过了边界
[1:27:32] By these wonderful circumstances, Barry was once more free… 巴里顺利地再次获得自由身
[1:27:38] …and began his professional work as a gamester… 开始他的赌徒生涯
[1:27:41] …resolving, thenceforward and forever, to live the life of a gentleman. 下定决心要过上流社会的生活
[1:27:47] Ahh! 啊
[1:27:49] The four wins. 四点赢
[1:27:51] Soon he and the Chevalier were received in all the Courts of Europe… 很快地,他跟骑士 受到欧洲各皇室的欢迎
[1:27:56] …and were speedily… 很快地加入…
[1:27:58] …in the very best society where play was patronized… 最上流的上流社会 那里的戏剧表演皆由王公贵族赞助
[1:28:02] …and professors of that science always welcome. 戏剧专家一向都很受欢迎
[1:28:09] The seven. 七点
[1:28:10] Why not the seven? 为什么不是七点?
[1:28:14] All…all, yes. 好吧,对
[1:28:17] Shh. 嘘
[1:28:20] No more bets. 截止下注
[1:28:26] Aww. 啊
[1:28:28] Number seven… 七点
[1:28:29] …loses. 输了
[1:28:39] Place your bets. 请下注
[1:28:43] Chevalier, will you give me credit for 5,000 louis d’or, please? 骑士,你能借我五千金币吗?
[1:28:48] Of course, Lord Ludd. 没问题,洛德爵爷
[1:29:02] Five thousand. 五千金币
[1:29:05] Now, everything on the four. 好吧,我全赌四点赢
[1:29:11] Yes, I know, everything on the four. 对,我知道,全赌四点赢
[1:29:26] No more bets. 截止下注
[1:29:34] The four loses. 四点输
[1:29:49] It is not important. 那不重要
[1:29:52] Now, I’m weary. 我累了
[1:29:56] I would like dinner. Shall we? 我想吃晚餐,可以走了吗?
[1:30:01] Excuse me, Lord Ludd. 对不起,洛德爵爷
[1:30:05] If you don’t mind. 希望你不介意
[1:30:07] Not at all. 我当然不介意
[1:30:11] They always played on credit with any person of honor or noble lineage. 他们一向都会让王公贵族赊帐赌钱
[1:30:17] They never pressed for their winnings… 他们既不乘胜追击
[1:30:19] …or declined to receive promissory notes. 也不会拒绝他们赊帐
[1:30:24] But woe to the man who did not pay when the note became due. 但那些欠钱不还的人会倒大霉
[1:30:28] Barry was sure to wait upon him with his bill. 巴里总是等着去收帐
[1:30:32] There were few bad debts. 总是会有几笔坏帐
[1:30:33] Saluez. 敬礼
[1:30:35] It was Barry’s skill with the sword, and readiness to use it… 巴里的剑术 加上他随时准备用剑解决问题
[1:30:39] …that maintained the reputation of the firm, so to speak. 保持了公司的声誉 应该可以那么说吧
[1:30:43] En garde! 开始
[1:31:34] I will pay you today, sir. 今天我会还你钱,先生
[1:31:38] Thus, it will be seen, their life… 看得出来他们的生活…
[1:31:40] …for all its splendor, was not without danger and difficulty… 虽然光鲜亮丽,也是有危险跟挫折
[1:31:45] …requiring talent and determination for success. 需要才华跟毅力才能成功
[1:31:49] And required them to live a wandering and disconnected life. 同时他们也过着 居无定所的流浪生活
[1:31:54] And, though they were swimming upon the high tide of fortune… 虽然赚进大笔钞票
[1:31:59] …and prospering with the cards, they had little to show for their labor… 靠着打牌发财 但他们一点都不招摇
[1:32:04] …but some fine clothes and a few trinkets. 只买了一些好衣服跟珠宝
[1:32:19] Five years in the Army, and considerable experience of the world… 五年的军旅生涯 南北闯荡的阅历
[1:32:25] …had dispelled any romantic notions regarding love… 让巴里一开始对爱的浪漫憧憬
[1:32:30] …with which Barry commenced life. 彻底幻灭
[1:32:33] And he had it in mind, as many gentlemen had done before him… 他心里有数 在他之前有许多男人
[1:32:37] …to marry a woman of fortune and condition. 为了金钱跟地位跟女人结婚
[1:32:42] And, as such things so often happen… 这种事太常见了
[1:32:45] …these thoughts coincided with his setting sight upon a lady… 当他看到这位仕女的时候 也兴起了这样的念头
[1:32:49] …who will play a considerable part in the drama of his life. 在他戏剧性的一生中 她将扮演非常重要的角色
[1:32:55] The Countess of Lyndon… 林登伯爵夫人
[1:32:57] …Viscountess Bullingdon of England… 英格兰的布林顿子爵夫人
[1:33:00] …Baroness Castle Lyndon of Ireland. 爱尔兰的林登堡男爵夫人
[1:33:04] A woman of vast wealth and great beauty. 一位富裕又美丽的女人
[1:33:09] She was the wife of Sir Charles Lyndon… 她嫁给查尔斯林登爵爷
[1:33:13] …Knight of the Bath… 也就是巴斯的骑士
[1:33:15] …Minister to George III at several of the Courts of Europe. 代表乔治三世出使过欧洲数国
[1:33:20] A cripple, wheeled about in a chair… 行动不便,必须依赖轮椅代步
[1:33:23] …worn out by gout and a myriad of diseases. 为痛风跟许多疾病所苦
[1:33:28] Her Ladyship’s Chaplain, Mr. Runt… 她的牧师兰特先生
[1:33:31] …acted as tutor to her son, the little Viscount Bullingdon… 是她儿子,小布林顿子爵的家教
[1:33:36] …a melancholy little boy, much attached to his mother. 他是个忧郁的小男孩 非常黏他妈妈
[1:35:58] I’m going outside for a breath of air. 我要去呼吸一下新鲜空气
[1:36:01] Yes, My Lady. 是的,夫人
[1:37:59] To make a long story short… 长话短说
[1:38:02] …six hours after they met… Her Ladyship was in love. 认识六小时后,夫人坠入爱河
[1:38:07] And once Barry got into her company… 巴里陪在她的身边
[1:38:10] …he found innumerable occasions to improve his intimacy… 找到许多机会跟她培养感情
[1:38:15] …and was scarcely out of Her Ladyship’s sight. 很少离开夫人的视线范围
[1:39:11] Good evening, gentlemen. 大家晚安
[1:39:13] Good evening. 晚安
[1:39:16] Sir Charles. 查尔斯爵爷
[1:39:20] Good evening, Mr. Barry. 晚安,巴里先生
[1:39:22] Have you done with my Lady? 你跟我夫人玩完了吗?
[1:39:27] Pardon? 您是在说?
[1:39:29] Come, sir. I’m a man who would rather be known as a cuckold than a fool. 少来了,我宁可戴绿帽 也不希望被人当成傻瓜耍
[1:39:37] I think, Sir Charles, that you’ve had too much to drink. 查尔斯爵爷,我想您喝太多了
[1:39:40] Ha, ha, what? 什么?
[1:39:42] As it happens, your Chaplain, Mr. Runt, introduced me to your Lady… 事实上是您的牧师兰特先生 介绍我跟夫人认识
[1:39:48] …to advise me on a religious matter, of which she is an expert. 我们讨论宗教问题 她是这方面的专家
[1:39:59] He wants…to step into my shoes. 他要…捡我的旧鞋
[1:40:04] He wants to step into my shoes. 他要捡我的旧鞋!
[1:40:09] Is it not a pleasure for me, as I am drawing near the goal… 我应该觉得很开心吧? 我离发现我有个…
[1:40:13] …to find my home such a happy one… 幸福家庭的目标越来越近
[1:40:16] …my wife so fond of me, that she is even now thinking of appointing a successor? 我老婆喜欢我到 还帮我指定了继任者?
[1:40:20] like a prudent housewife… 这很令人感到安慰吧? 看着一个好老婆…
[1:40:23] …getting everything ready for my departure? 准备好将我扫地出门!
[1:40:28] I hope you’re not thinking of leaving us, Sir Charles? 希望您没有要尽快 离开我们的计划,查尔斯爵爷
[1:40:34] Not so soon as you may fancy, perhaps. 没有你想像中那么快
[1:40:37] I’ve been given over many times these four years. 四年来这种事我见多了
[1:40:41] And there was always a candidate or two… 总是会出现一、两个兔崽子
[1:40:44] …waiting to apply for the situation. 等着接替我的位置
[1:40:48] I’m sorry for you, Mr. Barry. 我为你感到难过,巴里先生
[1:40:49] It grieves me to keep you or any gentleman waiting. 我很抱歉 让你及其他人久等了
[1:40:52] Had you not better arrange with my doctor… 你最好跟我的医生商量一下
[1:40:55] …or have the cook flavor my omelet with arsenic, eh? 还是要厨师在我的蛋卷里加砒霜!
[1:40:59] What are the odds, gentlemen, that I live to see Mr. Barry hang yet? 各位,我活着看到巴里先生 被赶走的机率有多高?
[1:41:08] Sir, let those laugh that win. 爵爷,光放话是赢不了的
[1:41:14] Gentlemen. 各位先生
[1:41:37] I’ll get a surgeon. 我去找医生
[1:41:44] Have some brandy, Sir Charles. 喝些白兰地,查尔斯爵爷
[1:41:46] From a report 根据《圣詹姆斯纪事报》报导
[1:41:50] “Died at Spa in Belgium… “病逝于比利时的疗养院
[1:41:54] “…Sir Charles Reginald Lyndon… 查尔斯雷纳德林登爵爷…
[1:41:58] “…Knight of the Bath, Member of Parliament… 巴斯的骑士,国会成员
[1:42:01] “…and for many years… 多年以来…
[1:42:03] “…His Majesty’s Representative at various European Courts. 代表国王陛下出使欧洲数国
[1:42:08] “He has left behind him a name which is endeared to all his friends.” 他死后留下的名声 让朋友永远珍惜怀念”
[1:43:04] “Dearly beloved… “各位亲友…
[1:43:06] “…we are gathered together here in the sight of God… 我们聚集在此,在上帝的眼前
[1:43:10] “…and in the face of this congregation… 在所有人的面前
[1:43:14] “…to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony.” 一起见证这对男女的结合”
[1:43:18] A year later, on the fifteenth of June… 一年后的6月15日
[1:43:22] …in the year 1773… 也就是1773年
[1:43:25] …Redmond Barry had the honor to lead to the altar the Countess of Lyndon. 瑞德蒙巴里有幸 跟林登伯爵夫人步上红毯的另一端
[1:43:32] The ceremony was performed by the Reverend Runt, Her Ladyship’s Chaplain. 由兰特牧师主婚 他也是夫人的牧师
[1:43:37] “And therefore is not in any way to be enterprised… “无法事先计划
[1:43:41] “…nor taken in hand unadvisedly… 或是鲁莽行动
[1:43:46] “…lightly or wantonly… 不论轻重
[1:43:50] “…to satisfy men’s carnal lusts and appetites… 满足人的欲望跟胃口
[1:43:54] “…like brute beasts that have no understanding. 像是没有智慧的野兽
[1:44:00] “But reverently… 而是虔诚地
[1:44:03] “…discreetly… 低调地
[1:44:05] “…advisedly… 谨慎地
[1:44:08] “…soberly… 清醒地
[1:44:10] “…and in the fear of God. 敬畏着上帝
[1:44:14] “Duly considering the causes for which matrimony was ordained. 思考婚姻的要素
[1:44:20] “First… 首先
[1:44:22] “…it was ordained for the procreation of children to be brought up… 是为了繁衍子孙,教导他们
[1:44:26] “…in the fear and nurture of the Lord, and to the praise of His holy name. 害怕及敬畏上帝,赞美祂的名
[1:44:32] “Secondly… 其次
[1:44:34] “…it was ordained for a remedy against sin, and to avoid fornication… 是为了对抗罪孽,避免通奸罪行
[1:44:40] “…that such persons….” 许多人…”
[1:44:42] Barry had now arrived at the pitch of prosperity… 巴里终于晋身上流社会
[1:44:46] …and by his own energy had raised himself to a higher sphere of society… 他靠自己的力量加入上流社会
[1:44:53] …having procured His Majesty’s gracious permission to add the name… 得到国王批准,让他改姓
[1:44:58] …of his lovely Lady to his own. 使用他太太的姓氏
[1:45:01] Thenceforth, Redmond Barry assumed the style… 因此瑞德蒙巴里…
[1:45:06] …and title of Barry Lyndon. 继承了头衔,改名为巴里林登
[1:45:40] Redmond, would you mind not smoking for a while? 瑞德蒙,你能不能别抽烟了?
[1:45:50] Redmond? 瑞德蒙
[1:45:59] Lady Lyndon was soon destined to occupy a place in Barry’s life… 林登夫人很快地 在巴里的生活占了一个小角落
[1:46:05] …not very much more important than the elegant carpets and pictures… 就像是优雅的地毯跟画作
[1:46:10] …which would form the pleasant background of his existence. 成为他存在的背景
[1:46:24] My Lord Bullingdon, you seem particularly glum today. 布林顿子爵,今天你似乎特别忧郁
[1:46:32] You should be happy that your mother has remarried. 你应该很开心你妈妈再婚了
[1:46:39] Not in this way. 我不希望她就这么再婚了
[1:46:44] And not in such haste. 不要这么急
[1:46:47] And certainly not to this man. 对象也不该是这个男人
[1:46:53] I think you judge your mother too harshly. 我想你太苛责你妈妈了
[1:46:57] Do you not like your new father? 你不喜欢你的新爸爸吗?
[1:47:02] Not very much. 我不太喜欢他
[1:47:05] He seems to me little more than a common opportunist. 我认为他只是贪图名利的投机分子
[1:47:09] I don’t think he loves my mother at all. 我相信他根本不爱我妈
[1:47:13] And it hurts me to see her make such a fool of herself. 看到她这样欺骗自己让我很难过
[1:47:37] At the end of a year Her Ladyship presented Barry with a son. 年底夫人帮巴里生了一个儿子
[1:47:42] Bryan Patrick Lyndon, they called him. 布莱恩派翠克林登
[1:48:09] Her Ladyship and Barry lived, after a while, pretty separate. 之后夫人跟巴里各过各的生活
[1:48:15] She preferred quiet, or to say the truth, he preferred it for her… 她喜欢安静的生活 应该说他希望她…
[1:48:21] …being a great friend to a modest and tranquil behavior in woman. 是个安静低调的女人
[1:48:27] Besides, she was a mother, and would have great comfort… 而且她是个母亲,应该忙着…
[1:48:31] …in the dressing, educating and dandling of their little Bryan. 照顾跟教养他们的小布莱恩
[1:48:36] For whose sake it was fit, Barry believed… 根据这些理由,巴里相信
[1:48:39] …that she should give up the pleasures and frivolities of the world… 她应该放弃花花世界的诱惑
[1:48:43] …leaving that part of the duty of every family of distinction… 将那样的责任跟家庭义务
[1:48:47] …to be performed by him. 交给他来处理
[1:50:07] Lady Lyndon tended to a melancholy and maudlin temper… 林登夫人变得忧郁伤感
[1:50:12] …and, left alone by her husband, was rarely happy or in good humor. 遭到丈夫冷落的她 一点都不快乐,心情郁闷
[1:50:18] Now she must add jealousy to her other complaints… 现在还加上嫉妒
[1:50:22] …and find rivals even among her maids. 发现连女佣都是她的情敌
[1:50:55] Samuel, what would the time be? 山缪尔,几点了?
[1:51:01] Twenty-five minutes past eleven, My Lady. 11点25分,夫人
[1:51:17] Shall we make this the last game, ladies? 这是最后一局了,好吗?
[1:51:20] Yes. 好的
[1:52:09] Good morning, ladies. 大家早安
[1:52:11] Good morning, sir. 早安
[1:52:14] Would you mind excusing us? I’d like a word alone with Lady Lyndon. 能让我们独处一下吗? 我有话跟林登夫人说
[1:52:43] I’m sorry. 对不起
[1:53:28] This coat is made of the finest velvet… 这件外套用最上等的丝绒做的
[1:53:32] …all cunningly worked with silver thread. 以银线精巧缝制而成
[1:53:35] No finer velvet has ever been woven, and you will see none better anywhere. 再也找不到更高级的丝绒 这是最上等的货色
[1:53:40] Pardon me, gentlemen. 对不起,各位
[1:53:45] Good morning, dearest. 早安,亲爱的
[1:53:48] We’re taking the children for a ride to the village. We’ll be back for tea. 我们要带孩子们到村里逛一下 会赶回来喝茶
[1:53:52] Have a nice time. I’ll see you then. 祝你们玩得愉快,到时候见
[1:53:55] Goodbye, little Bryan. 再见,小布莱恩
[1:54:01] Lord Bullingdon. 布林顿子爵
[1:54:05] Take good care of your mother. 好好照顾你妈妈
[1:54:13] Come now, give your father a proper kiss. 快亲一下你爸爸
[1:54:26] Lord Bullingdon… 布林顿子爵…
[1:54:28] …is that the way to behave to your father? 你该那样对待你爸爸吗?
[1:54:35] Lord Bullingdon, have you lost your tongue? 布林顿子爵,你不会说话了吗?
[1:54:40] My father was Sir Charles Lyndon. I have not forgotten him, if others have. 我爸爸是查尔斯林登爵爷 就算别人不记得,我不会忘记他
[1:54:47] Lord Bullingdon, you have insulted your father! 布林顿子爵,你侮辱了你爸爸!
[1:54:51] Madam, you have insulted my father. 妈妈,是你侮辱了我爸爸
[1:54:58] Dearest, would you excuse us? We have something to discuss in private. 亲爱的,失陪一下 我们有事得私下讨论
[1:55:03] Gentlemen. 各位先生
[1:55:17] One. 一
[1:55:21] Two. 二
[1:55:26] Three. 三
[1:55:30] Four. 四
[1:55:35] Five. 五
[1:55:39] Six. 六
[1:55:49] Lord Bullingdon… 布林顿子爵
[1:55:52] …I have always been willing to live with you on friendly terms. 我非常乐意跟你和平相处
[1:55:56] But be clear about one thing: 请记得一件事
[1:55:59] As men serve me, I serve them. 谁对我好,我就会对谁好
[1:56:03] I never laid a cane on the back of a Lord before… 我从未鞭打过爵爷
[1:56:05] …but, if you force me to, I shall speedily become used to the practice. 如果你逼我那么做 我会毫不迟疑地下手
[1:56:12] Do you have anything to say for yourself? 你有什么话要说吗?
[1:56:17] No. 没有
[1:56:21] You may go. 你可以走了
[1:56:23] Barry believed, and not without some reason, that it had been… 巴里相信,那是有根据的…
[1:56:28] …a declaration of war against him by Bullingdon from the start… 布林顿一开始就跟他宣战
[1:56:33] …and that the evil consequences that ensued… 会发生这些不好的事
[1:56:36] …were entirely of Bullingdon’s creating. 都是布林顿的错
[1:56:41] I shall make you into a real magician now, Bryan. 我要让你变成真的魔术师,布莱恩
[1:56:44] I shall show you the knot that never was. 我要教你怎么把绳结变不见
[1:56:48] As Bullingdon grew up to be a man… 布林顿长大成人
[1:56:52] …his hatred for Barry assumed an intensity… 他越来越恨巴里
[1:56:56] …equaled only by his increased devotion to his mother. 就像他越来越爱他母亲一样
[1:56:59] Very good, Bryan. A little bow. 非常好,布莱恩,敬个礼
[1:57:04] Put it on the table for me. Thank you. 帮我放在桌上,谢谢
[1:57:07] For Bryan’s eighth birthday the local nobility, gentry and their children… 布莱恩的八岁生日 当地贵族跟名人带着孩子
[1:57:14] …came to pay their respects. 来帮他庆生
[1:57:15] The inside and outside are quite empty. 里外都是空的
[1:57:19] Wave your hand over the top. Is there anything there? 在上面挥一下手,里面有东西吗?
[1:57:22] Yes? Oh! 有吗?
[1:57:24] Wonderful! Wonderful, colorful silk handkerchiefs! 太棒了!太棒了! 彩色丝质手帕
[1:57:27] Take a bow, Bryan, you did that beautifully. 敬个礼,布莱恩,你做得很好
[1:57:30] Very good. 非常好
[1:57:32] Let’s see if you have something behind your ear. 来看一下你耳朵后面有没有东西
[1:57:35] Yes, you have. Ha, ha. 真的有
[1:57:36] A little ball. Let’s make it vanish. 是颗小球,我们来把它变不见吧
[1:57:38] It’s gone. 不见了
[1:57:39] Here it is, behind my elbow. 就在这里,我的手肘后面
[1:57:44] Wave your hand over my green silk handkerchief… 在我的绿色丝质手帕上方挥挥手
[1:57:47] …and see if we can produce a magic flower. I wonder if we can? 来看一下我们能不能变出魔术花 不知道我们能不能办到?
[1:57:52] Here it comes. 来吧
[1:57:55] The colors of the rainbow. 彩虹的颜色
[1:57:57] You know all the colors of the rainbow produce but one color, Bryan. 你知道彩虹的颜色 只会制造出一种颜色,布莱恩
[1:58:02] Nothing in my magic cabinet. 我的魔盒里什么都没有
[1:58:04] They produce the color…white. 全部的颜色会变出…白色
[1:58:06] And there is my own… 这是我的…
[1:58:08] …beautiful white rabbit. 漂亮白兔
[1:58:13] Bryan, you did that very well. A little bow. 布莱恩,你做得很好,敬个礼
[1:58:40] We crept up on their fort, and I jumped over the wall first. 我们突击他们的堡垒,我先翻过墙
[1:58:44] My fellows jumped after me. 我的部下跟着我翻墙
[1:58:46] You should have seen the Frenchmen’s faces when 23 rampaging he-devils… 你该看看那些法国人脸上的表情 面对23位勇敢的士兵
[1:58:51] …sword and pistol, cut and thrust, came tumbling into their fort. 带剑跟手枪,一路冲刺 爬进他们的堡垒里
[1:58:57] In three minutes we left as many Artillerymen’s heads… 三分钟内我们就离开了 杀死的炮兵…
[1:59:01] …as there were cannonballs. 跟大炮一样多
[1:59:04] Later we were visited by our noble Prince Henry. 之后亨利亲王来看我们
[1:59:08] “Who is the man who has done this?” I stepped forward. “这是谁的功劳?” 我向前跨一步
[1:59:13] “How many heads was it that you cut off?” He says. 他说”你杀了多少敌人?”
[1:59:16] “Nineteen,” says I, “besides wounding several.” 我说”19个,还有一些人受伤”
[1:59:20] Well, I’ll be blessed, if he didn’t burst into tears. 结果他哭了起来
[1:59:24] “Noble, noble fellow,” he said. 他说”这真是大大的功劳
[1:59:26] “Here is nineteen golden guineas, one for each head that you cut off.” 这里有19个金币 为你杀死的19个敌人”
[1:59:31] What do you think of that? 你觉得如何?
[1:59:33] Were you allowed to keep the heads? 你可以留下敌人的头吗?
[1:59:36] No, they always become the property of the King. 不,那是国王的财产
[1:59:40] Will you tell me another story? 你能再说个故事给我听吗?
[1:59:42] I’ll tell you one tomorrow. 明天再说吧
[1:59:44] Will you play cards with me tomorrow? 明天你会陪我玩牌吗?
[1:59:47] Of course I will. Now go to sleep. 当然会,快睡吧
[1:59:54] Will you keep the candles lit? 能不能别吹熄蜡烛?
[1:59:56] Bryan, big boys don’t sleep with the candles lit. 布莱恩,大孩子睡觉时不必点蜡烛
[2:00:00] I’m afraid of the dark. 我怕黑
[2:00:02] My darling, there’s nothing to be afraid of. 亲爱的,没什么好怕的
[2:00:06] But, I like it with the candles lit. 但我喜欢点着蜡烛睡
[2:00:08] All right, you can sleep with the candles lit. 好吧,你可以点着蜡烛睡
[2:00:13] Thank you, Papa. 谢谢爸爸
[2:00:14] Good night. 晚安
[2:00:38] Ah, Redmond! 瑞德蒙
[2:00:40] It’s a blessing to see my darling boy has attained a position I knew was his due. 真高兴看到我的儿子 取得他应有的地位
[2:00:48] And for which I pinched myself to educate him. 我为此努力刻苦地教养过他
[2:00:53] Little Bryan is a darling boy… 布莱恩是个好孩子
[2:00:56] …and you live in great splendor. 你过着好日子
[2:00:59] Your lady wife knows she has a treasure… 你太太知道她找到了幸福
[2:01:01] …she couldn’t have had, had she married a Duke. 就算嫁给一个公爵 她也不可能过得这么好
[2:01:06] But, if she should tire of my wild Redmond… 如果她厌倦了我的瑞德蒙
[2:01:10] …and his old-fashioned Irish ways… 跟他的传统爱尔兰生活方式
[2:01:14] …or if she should die… 或是她死了
[2:01:17] …what future would there be for my son, and my grandson? 我儿子跟孙子会有什么下场?
[2:01:22] You have not a penny of your own… 你自己没有钱
[2:01:26] …and cannot transact any business without her signature. 没有她签名,无法完成任何交易
[2:01:31] Upon her death the entire estate would go to young Bullingdon… 她死后由布林顿继承家产
[2:01:37] …who bears you little affection. 而且他一点都不喜欢你
[2:01:41] You could be penniless tomorrow… 明天你可能就变得身无分文
[2:01:44] …and darling Bryan at the mercy of his stepbrother. 亲爱的布莱恩得看继兄的脸色过活
[2:01:52] Shall I tell you something? 我能跟你说一件事吗?
[2:01:55] There is only one way for you and your son to have real security. 只有一个方法 能让你跟你儿子安心过日
[2:02:01] You must obtain a title. 你必须取得头衔
[2:02:05] I shall not rest until I see you Lord Lyndon. 在你成为林登勋爵前 我是不会安心的
[2:02:12] You have important friends. 你跟大人物做朋友
[2:02:14] They can tell you how these things are done. 他们能告诉你该怎么做
[2:02:18] For money, well-timed and properly applied… 只要有钱、看好时机、找对门路
[2:02:22] …can accomplish anything. 没有做不到的事
[2:02:27] And Barry was acquainted with someone… 巴里的确认识
[2:02:30] …who knew how these things were done. 一个知道怎么处理这种事的人
[2:02:33] This was the distinguished Barrister and former Government Minister… 他就是知名的律师跟前政府官员
[2:02:38] …Lord Hallam… 哈伦勋爵
[2:02:40] …whose acquaintance he had made, like so many others, at the gaming table. 跟许多人一样 他跟他是在牌桌上认识的
[2:02:46] Do you happen to know the Thirteenth Earl of Wendover? 你认识第13任温多佛伯爵吗?
[2:02:51] I don’t believe I do. 我想我不认识
[2:02:53] Well, this nobleman is one of the Gentlemen of His Majesty’s Closet… 这位贵族仍是国王的侍臣
[2:02:58] …with whom our revered Monarch is on terms of considerable intimacy. 他跟国王的关系非常密切
[2:03:04] In my opinion, you would be wise to fix upon him… 我认为你该跟他打交道
[2:03:09] …your chief reliance for the advancement of your claim to the peerage. 他可以帮助你取得头衔
[2:03:16] When I take up a person, Mr. Lyndon, he, or she, is safe. 林登先生,有我的保证 要取得头衔不是问题
[2:03:21] There is no question about them anymore. 那是无庸置疑的
[2:03:24] My friends are the best people. I don’t mean they’re the most virtuous… 我的朋友是最好的人 我不是指他们最有美德
[2:03:29] …or, indeed, the least virtuous, or the cleverest… 或最没有美德,或最聪明
[2:03:33] …or the stupidest, richest or best born. 还是最愚蠢 最富裕或出身最好的人
[2:03:36] But, the best. 但他们都是最好的
[2:03:38] In a word, people about whom there is no question. 换句话说,大家不用怀疑他们
[2:03:43] I cannot promise how long it will take. 我无法保证要花多少时间
[2:03:47] You can appreciate it is not an easy matter. 你应该能了解要这么做并不容易
[2:03:50] But, any gentleman with an estate, and 30,000 a year… 但家有钜产、年收入三万镑的人
[2:03:55] …should have a peerage. 都应该有头衔
[2:04:01] And there standing behind me was a total stranger. 我身后站了一个陌生人
[2:04:05] I looked at him, and he said to me: 我看着他,他跟我说
[2:04:08] “Excuse me, sir, could you tell me, is Lord Wendover alive or dead?” “对不起,你能告诉我 温多佛伯爵是否还活着?”
[2:04:15] I was so astonished, I couldn’t think of what to say. 我非常讶异,不知道该怎么说
[2:04:18] Then I became angry, and said to him, “He’s dead.” 我非常生气地跟他说”他死了”
[2:04:21] The striving after this peerage was one of Barry’s most unlucky dealings. 追求头衔是巴里最不智的举动之一
[2:04:28] He made great sacrifices to bring it about. 他为了完成目标做出极大的牺牲
[2:04:32] He lavished money here, and diamonds there. 他花钱在许多地方打点
[2:04:36] He bought lands at ten times their value… 以十倍价格买下土地
[2:04:39] …purchased pictures and articles of virtue at ruinous prices. 以天价卖下画作跟艺术品
[2:04:45] He gave entertainments to those friends to his claim… 他花钱宴请声称…
[2:04:49] …who, being about the Royal person, were likely to advance it. 能帮助他成为贵族的朋友
[2:04:54] And, I can tell you, bribes were administered. And in high places, too. 我得说,到处都有人贿赂 上流社会也是如此
[2:05:01] So near the person of His Majesty that you would be astonished to know… 你会讶异于在国王身边的 这些上流贵族…
[2:05:06] …what great noblemen condescended to receive his loans. 竟会无耻地收下他的钱
[2:05:13] This is by Ludovico Cordi… 这是柯迪的画
[2:05:16] …a disciple of Alessandro Allori. 他是阿娄里的弟子
[2:05:20] It’s dated 1605… 年代是1605年
[2:05:23] …and shows, “The Adoration of The Magi.” 画作叫做《东方三王来朝》
[2:05:28] It’s beautiful. 真漂亮
[2:05:30] Yes. 对
[2:05:32] I love the use of the color blue by the artist. 我喜欢画家对蓝色的运用
[2:05:36] Yes, that is very beautiful. 对,那真的很漂亮
[2:05:40] What is the price of this one? 这幅画多少钱?
[2:05:44] Well, this is one of my best pictures. 这是我手上最好的一幅画
[2:05:47] But, if you really like it, I’m sure we can come to some arrangement. 如果你真的喜欢 我相信我们能做些安排
[2:05:56] Count Andrachier. 安德瑞奇伯爵
[2:05:58] Count Andrachier. 安德瑞奇伯爵
[2:05:59] Mr. Henry Drummond. 亨利杜鲁蒙先生
[2:06:01] Mr. Drummond. 杜鲁蒙先生
[2:06:02] Sir Gilbert Elliot, Your Majesty. 吉伯特艾略特爵爷,陛下
[2:06:04] Sir Gilbert. 吉伯特爵爷
[2:06:05] Lord Wendover, Your Majesty. 温多佛伯爵,陛下
[2:06:07] I’m glad to see you here today, Lord Wendover. 今天很高兴能见到你,温多佛伯爵
[2:06:09] What news of Lady Wendover? 温多佛伯爵夫人还好吧?
[2:06:11] Thank you, Your Majesty. Lady Wendover is much better. 谢谢陛下 温多佛夫人好多了
[2:06:15] Good! Present my compliments to her. Say we miss her company here. 很好,请帮我跟她问好 跟她说我们都很想念她
[2:06:19] Thank you, Your Majesty. 谢谢陛下
[2:06:21] And what of those excellent boys of yours? 你的儿子都还好吗?
[2:06:23] They’re well. Charles has gone to sea under Captain Geary on the Ramillies. 他们都很好,查尔斯搭拉米利斯号 跟着盖利船长出海了
[2:06:28] John has gone to Oxford to learn how to preach and pray. 约翰到牛津学神学
[2:06:31] Good, good! 很好
[2:06:33] Your Majesty, may I present Mr. Barry Lyndon. -陛下,请容我介绍巴里林登先生 -陛下
[2:06:36] Mr. Lyndon. We were very fond of Sir Charles Lyndon. 林登先生 我们很想念查尔斯林登爵爷
[2:06:40] And how is Lady Lyndon? 林登夫人还好吧?
[2:06:42] She’s very well, Your Majesty. 她很好,陛下
[2:06:44] Mr. Lyndon raised a company of troops to fight in America against the rebels. 林登先生要组织一支军队 到美洲镇压叛军
[2:06:49] Good, Mr. Lyndon. Raise another company and go with them, too. 很好,林登先生 请再组一支大军跟他们一起出征
[2:06:54] Sir Christopher Neville. 克利斯多佛尼维爵爷
[2:06:56] Sir Christopher. 克利斯多佛爵爷
[2:06:58] Peregrine Cavendish. 佩瑞葛林卡凡迪希
[2:06:59] Mr. Peregrine. 佩瑞葛林先生
[2:07:06] Barry was born clever enough at gaining a fortune… 巴里天生就懂得赚钱
[2:07:11] …but incapable of keeping one. 但他守不住财产
[2:07:14] For the qualities and energies which lead a man to achieve the first… 有天分跟能力赚钱的人
[2:07:19] …are often the very cause of his ruin in the latter case. 通常也因此落得倾家荡产
[2:07:24] Now he was burdened with the harassing cares and responsibilities… 现在他得处理一大堆事务 有更多的责任
[2:07:29] …which are the dismal adjuncts of great rank and property. 都是头衔跟财产带来的压力
[2:07:33] And his life now… 此时,他的日子…
[2:07:35] …seemed to consist mostly of drafts of letters to lawyers and money-brokers… 多半忙于写信给律师 跟财产管理人
[2:07:40] …and endless correspondence… 忙着应付…
[2:07:42] …with decorators and cooks. 设计师跟厨师
[2:08:09] Gentlemen, I’m going to leave you for a few minutes. Carry on with your work. 两位,我要离开几分钟 继续做功课
[2:08:13] Yes, sir. 是的
[2:08:32] Bully. 布林
[2:08:34] Mm-hm? 嗯?
[2:08:37] What does… “费力”…
[2:08:40] …”strenuous” mean? 是什么意思?
[2:08:46] Bryan, I’m trying to work. 布莱恩,我在念书
[2:08:50] But what does it mean? 那是什么意思?
[2:08:56] It means “an effort requiring strength.” 意思是花力气去做一件事
[2:09:05] What does “quadrangle” mean? “四边形”是什么意思?
[2:09:13] A quadrangle is a four-sided figure like a square or a rectangle. 四边形是有四个边的形状 譬如正方形或长方形
[2:09:18] Now, please be quiet, and let me get on with my work. 请安静点,我要做功课
[2:09:36] Bryan, please be quiet! 布莱恩,请你安静一点!
[2:09:43] Have you seen my pencil? 你有看到我的铅笔吗?
[2:09:48] No, I haven’t. 我没看到
[2:10:04] Bryan, please stop making so much noise. 布莱恩,请你不要吵我
[2:10:11] That’s my pencil. 那是我的铅笔
[2:10:12] No, it isn’t. 才不是!
[2:10:13] It is. It’s my pencil! -就是,那是我的铅笔! -这不是你的!
[2:10:15] I’ve had this all morning. 整个早上我都在用这支铅笔
[2:10:17] It’s my pencil! -这是我的铅笔! -去坐下!
[2:10:18] Listen, will you be quiet! -这是我的铅笔! -听着,拜托你安静一点!
[2:10:20] It’s my pencil! 那是我的铅笔!
[2:10:23] I’ll teach you a lesson. 我要好好教训你
[2:10:27] What the devil’s going on in here? 到底是怎么一回事?
[2:10:31] I told you never to lay a hand on this child. 我说过不准你对这孩子动手
[2:10:36] One. 一
[2:10:41] Two. 二
[2:10:45] Three. 三
[2:10:49] Four. 四
[2:10:52] Five. 五
[2:10:56] -Aah! -Six. 六
[2:11:04] Will that be all, Mr. Redmond Barry? 你打完了吗,瑞德蒙巴里先生?
[2:11:08] Yes, that will be all. 对,我打完了
[2:11:14] Well then, look you now. 那么你得听我说
[2:11:17] From this moment, I will submit to no further chastisement from you. 从现在开始 我不会再接受你的处罚
[2:11:24] I will kill you if you lay hands on me ever again. 你敢再打我,我会杀了你
[2:11:30] Is that clear to you, sir? 你听清楚了吗?
[2:11:36] Get out of here! 给我滚出去
[2:13:38] Don’t you think he fits my shoes very well, Your Ladyship? 你不觉得他跟我的鞋 他穿得很合适吗,夫人?
[2:13:47] Dear child… 亲爱的孩子
[2:13:50] …what a pity it is I’m not dead, for your sake. 我还活着,对你来说真的很不幸
[2:13:56] The Lyndons would then have a worthy representative… 林登家会有个适当的继承人
[2:13:59] …and enjoy all the benefits… 享受显赫的巴里家族…
[2:14:01] …of the illustrious blood of the Barrys of Barryville. 带来的所有福利
[2:14:09] Would they not… 对吧…
[2:14:11] …Mr. Redmond Barry? 瑞德蒙巴里先生?
[2:14:19] From the way I love this child… 我有多爱这个孩子
[2:14:22] …you ought to know how I would’ve loved his elder brother… 你就该知道我有多爱他的哥哥
[2:14:25] …had he proved worthy of any mother’s affection. 如果他也能爱他的母亲
[2:14:29] Madam! 夫人!
[2:14:33] I have borne as long as mortal could endure… 我一直在忍受
[2:14:36] …the ill treatment of the insolent Irish upstart whom you’ve taken to your bed. 你的爱尔兰丈夫对我的无礼虐待
[2:14:42] It is not only his lowly birth and the brutality of his manners which disgust me. 不只是他的低微出身 跟粗鲁举止让我觉得恶心
[2:14:48] But the shameful nature of his conduct toward Your Ladyship… 还有他对夫人做出的可耻行为
[2:14:52] …his brutal and ungentlemanlike behavior… 他残酷野蛮的举动
[2:14:55] …his open infidelity… 还有公开背叛你
[2:14:57] …his shameless robberies and swindling of my property, and yours. 无耻地强取豪夺你跟我的财产
[2:15:02] And as I cannot personally chastise this low-bred ruffian, and cannot bear… 我无法亲自鞭笞这个卑贱恶徒 也无法忍受…
[2:15:07] …to witness his treatment of you… 见证他对你的所作所为
[2:15:09] …and loathe his company as if it were the plague… 我厌恶有他在身边 对他避之唯恐不及
[2:15:13] …I have decided to leave my home and never return. 因此我决定离开我自己的家 再也不会回来
[2:15:17] At least, during his detested life… 至少在他可憎的余生
[2:15:20] …or during my own. 或者我的有生之年,我不会回来
[2:16:53] Good day, My Lord. 你好,爵爷
[2:16:55] Good day, Barker. 你好,贝克
[2:16:59] Will anyone be joining Your Lordship? 有人陪你一起来吗,爵爷?
[2:17:00] No, I shall be alone. 不,我是一个人
[2:17:08] Thank you. 谢谢
[2:17:13] The roast beef’s very good, My Lord. 烤牛肉很不错,爵爷
[2:17:15] Uh-huh. 嗯哼
[2:17:36] Hello, Neville. How are you? 尼维,你好吗?
[2:17:39] Ah, Barry. Hello. 巴里,你好
[2:17:41] I see you’re alone. Why don’t you join me? 我看到你是一个人 何不过来跟我一起坐呢?
[2:17:43] Oh, thank you, Barry, you’re very kind, but… 谢谢你,巴里,你太好心了 可是…
[2:17:47] …I’m expecting someone to join me. 我在等人
[2:17:50] What a shame! Lady Lyndon and I have missed your company lately. 真可惜 林登夫人跟我最近很想念你
[2:17:55] Please give my respects to Lady Lyndon… 请帮我跟林登夫人问好
[2:17:57] …and say I’ve been very busy of late and not been able to go about much. 最近我很忙,没办法常过去
[2:18:01] I shall. 我会的
[2:18:02] The eighth of next month we’re having some guests over for cards… 下个月八号 我们要邀请客人过来打牌
[2:18:06] …we’d love to have you and Lady Wendover join us. 希望你跟温多佛夫人能一起来
[2:18:10] I’ll check my diary, but I think I’m engaged on that evening. 我得看一下行事历 但我想那晚我应该有事
[2:18:14] I hope you’re not engaged. We’d love to see you again. 希望你能把事情排开 我们很想再见到你
[2:18:18] I’ll write and say if I’m free or not. 我再写信告诉你,我有没有空
[2:18:21] I look forward to hearing from you. It’s nice to see you again. 我很期待能听到你的回音 很高兴能再见到你
[2:18:29] If he had murdered Lord Bullingdon… 就算他真的杀了布林顿子爵
[2:18:32] …Barry could scarcely have been received with more coldness and resentment… 巴里也不会得到 这么多冷淡愤慨的回应
[2:18:36] …that now followed him in town and country. 现在走到哪里,他都面临这样的窘境
[2:18:40] His friends fell away from him. 朋友远离了他
[2:18:43] A legend arose of his cruelty to his stepson. 大家都说他虐待他的继子
[2:18:57] Now all the bills came down on him together. 现在他还得烦心呆帐的问题
[2:19:01] All the bills he had been contracting for the years of his marriage… 结婚多年来,他签下大量的帐单
[2:19:05] …and which the creditors sent in with a hasty unanimity. 债主急着上门讨债
[2:19:08] Their amount was frightful. 数目惊人
[2:19:12] Barry was now bound up in an inextricable toil of bills and debts… 巴里被一大堆的帐单、债务
[2:19:17] …of mortgages and insurances, and all the evils attendant upon them. 贷款、保险跟他的恶行所淹没
[2:19:23] Lady Lyndon’s income was hampered almost irretrievably… 林登夫人的收入几乎无法…
[2:19:27] …to satisfy these claims. 支付这些款项
[2:20:17] Do you think that’s good? 你觉得可以吗?
[2:20:18] Excellent. 非常好
[2:20:20] Who’s this? 这是谁?
[2:20:22] It’s a peacock on the wall. 这是墙上的孔雀
[2:20:26] What’s it say? 上面写了什么?
[2:20:27] I saw this bird yesterday. 昨天我看到这只鸟
[2:20:34] Who’s that? 那是谁?
[2:20:36] Mama in her coach. 妈妈坐在马车里
[2:20:39] Is she going to London? 她要去伦敦吗?
[2:20:42] I don’t know. 我不知道
[2:20:45] Parry. 挡开
[2:20:46] Parry. 挡开
[2:20:48] Very good. 非常好
[2:20:50] Barry had his faults… 巴里犯了很多错误
[2:20:52] …but no man could say of him that he was not a good and tender father. 但没有人能说他不是个好父亲
[2:20:58] He loved his son with a blind partiality. 他宠溺他的儿子
[2:21:02] He denied him nothing. 从来不拒绝他的要求
[2:21:05] It is impossible to convey what high hopes he had for the boy… 很难描述他对儿子的期待有多高
[2:21:10] …and how he indulged in a thousand fond anticipations… 他殷切期盼
[2:21:13] …as to his future success and figure in the world. 未来他会是个有成就的人
[2:21:19] But fate had determined that he should leave none of his race behind him… 但命运注定他无法留下血脉
[2:21:24] …that he should finish his life… 他的余生则会是…
[2:21:27] …poor, lonely… 贫穷、孤单
[2:21:29] …and childless. 没有子嗣送终
[2:21:40] Papa. 爸爸
[2:21:41] Yes, Bryan? 什么事,布莱恩?
[2:21:42] Will you buy me a horse? 你能送我一匹马吗?
[2:21:44] Buy you a horse? 送你一匹马?
[2:21:46] Yes, Papa. 是的,爸爸
[2:21:48] But you already have little Julia. 但你已经有小茱莉亚了
[2:21:50] She’s only a pony, I want a real horse. 它只是一匹小马,我要真的马
[2:21:53] Then I can ride with you on the hunt. 那样子我就能跟你骑马去打猎
[2:21:55] You think you’re big enough for the hunt? 你觉得你大到可以去打猎了?
[2:21:57] Oh, yes! 当然,爸爸
[2:21:59] Jonathan Plunkett is only a year older than I am and he rides with his papa. 强纳森普兰奇特只比我大一岁 他跟他爸爸一起去骑马
[2:22:04] I’ll have to think about it. 我会考虑一下
[2:22:07] Please, say yes. There’s nothing I want in the whole world more than a horse. 拜托你答应我 我真的好想要一匹马
[2:22:13] I’ll think about it. 我会考虑的
[2:22:14] Oh, thank you, Papa. Thank you! 谢谢你,爸爸
[2:22:21] How much are you asking for him? 那匹马要多少钱?
[2:22:23] One hundred guineas. 一百基尼
[2:22:26] He’s a nice little horse, but I don’t think he’s worth that. 它是匹好马 但我不觉得它值那么多钱
[2:22:30] Seventy-five seems more like the right price. 我想七十五基尼还差不多
[2:22:34] I’ll accept eighty guineas, and not a shilling less. 我接受八十基尼,不能再少了
[2:22:39] Five guineas should never keep two gentlemen from their drink. Eighty then. 我们不该为五基尼伤了和气 就八十基尼吧
[2:22:43] Done, sir. 成交,先生
[2:22:45] Take the horse to Doolan’s farm. Tell him he needs a bit of breaking in. 将马带到杜兰农场 跟他说马需要训练一下
[2:22:50] Say it’s for Master Bryan’s birthday, and I want it to be a surprise. 就说这是布莱恩少爷的生日礼物 我希望这是个惊喜
[2:22:54] And remember that yourself. 千万别忘记了
[2:22:55] Yes, sir. 是的,主人
[2:23:41] Papa. 爸爸
[2:23:44] What is it, lad? 怎么了,儿子?
[2:23:45] Did you buy the horse? 你买了马吗?
[2:23:50] What horse is that? 马?什么马?
[2:23:52] The horse you were going to buy me for my birthday. 你要送我当生日礼物的马
[2:23:58] I know nothing about any horse. 我不知道有马的事
[2:24:00] But one of the stable boys told Nelly you’d already bought it… 但马房管理员跟尼利说 你已经买了一匹马
[2:24:05] …and it was at Doolan’s farm where Mick the groom was breaking it in. 还把它送到杜兰农场 要米克帮它做训练
[2:24:09] Is that true? 那是真的吗?
[2:24:11] When is your birthday? 布莱恩,你什么时候过生日?
[2:24:14] Next Tuesday. 下个星期二
[2:24:18] Well, you’ll have to wait till then to find out. 到时候你就会知道
[2:24:21] Then, it’s true! Oh, thank you, Papa. 那是真的!谢谢你,爸爸
[2:24:27] Bryan? 布莱恩
[2:24:29] Bryan? 布莱恩
[2:24:30] Yes, Mama? 什么事,妈妈?
[2:24:32] Promise me you won’t ride that horse except with your father. 答应我,跟爸爸出去时 你才能骑那匹马
[2:24:37] Yes, Mama, I promise. 好的,妈妈,我答应你
[2:24:41] And I promise you a good flogging… 如果你乖乖的,我答应你
[2:24:43] …if you even go to Doolan’s farm to see him before your birthday. 过生日前你可以到杜兰农场看马
[2:24:47] Yes, Papa. 是的,爸爸
[2:24:48] You understand? 你懂吗?
[2:24:50] Yes, Papa. 是的,爸爸
[2:24:51] You promise me? 你能答应我吗?
[2:24:52] Yes, Papa, I promise. 好的,爸爸,我答应
[2:24:56] All right, eat your food. 好吧,快去吃饭
[2:25:07] Come in. 进来
[2:25:22] Good morning, sir. 早安
[2:25:23] Good morning, Reverend. 早安,牧师
[2:25:24] I’m sorry to trouble you, Mr. Lyndon… 抱歉打扰你,林登先生
[2:25:27] …but I believe Master Bryan has disobeyed you… 我相信布莱恩少爷不听从你的命令
[2:25:29] …and stolen away to Doolan’s farm. 偷溜到杜兰农场
[2:25:33] On going to his room this morning, I found his bed empty. 今天早上我到他的房间 发现床上空无一人
[2:25:36] One of the cooks saw him cross the yard at daybreak. 天亮时一位厨师看到他跑过庭院
[2:25:39] Didn’t you see him go? 你不知道他偷跑吗?
[2:25:41] He must have passed through my room while I was asleep. 他一定是趁我睡着时溜出去的
[2:26:17] Oh, my God! What has happened here? 天啊,发生了什么事?
[2:26:20] I noticed the lad riding across the field, sir… 我注意到这孩子骑马跑过田野
[2:26:25] …and having trouble with the horse, which was playing up. 他没办法控制狂奔的马
[2:26:29] Suddenly the animal plunged and reared, and the poor lad was thrown. 突然间马摔倒 这可怜的孩子被甩了出去
[2:26:36] Oh, Bryan, why did you disobey me? 布莱恩,为什么你不听我的话?
[2:26:40] I’m sorry, Papa. 对不起,爸爸
[2:26:43] You won’t whip me, will you? 你不会打我吧?
[2:26:47] No, my darling. 不会的,亲爱的
[2:26:50] I won’t whip you. 我不会打你
[2:26:56] Take my horse and ride like the Devil for Doctor Broughton. 威廉,骑我的马去找布洛顿医生
[2:27:01] Tell him whatever he’s doing he must come at once. Understand? 跟他说不论他在做什么 都得立刻赶过来,懂吗?
[2:27:04] Yes, sir. 遵命,大人
[2:27:14] The doctors were called. 他找来医生
[2:27:17] But what does a doctor avail in a contest with the grim, invincible enemy? 但医生能打败死神吗?
[2:27:22] Such as came could only confirm the hopelessness of the poor child’s case. 医生说这可怜的孩子没救了
[2:27:29] He remained with his parents for two days. 他只多活了两天
[2:27:33] And a sad comfort it was to know he was in no pain. 令人稍感安慰的是 他没有任何的痛苦
[2:27:38] Papa. 爸爸
[2:27:48] Papa. 爸爸
[2:27:50] Am I going to die? 我会死掉吗?
[2:27:58] No, my darling, you’re not going to die. You’re going to get better. 不,亲爱的 你不会死掉,你会好起来
[2:28:07] But I can’t feel anything, except in my hands. 但除了手,我一点感觉都没有
[2:28:14] Does that mean I’m already dead in part of my body? 那表示我其他的部分死了吗?
[2:28:26] No, my darling, that’s where you were hurt by the horse. 不,亲爱的,你摔下马时 那些部分受了伤
[2:28:32] But you’re going to be all right. 但你会好起来的
[2:28:39] Papa, if I die, will I go to heaven? 爸爸,如果我死了 我会上天堂吗?
[2:28:48] Of course you will, my darling… 当然你会上天堂,亲爱的
[2:28:52] …but you’re not going to die. 但你不会死
[2:28:59] Mama, give me your hand. 妈妈,把手伸过来
[2:29:11] Papa, give me your hand. 爸爸,把手伸过来
[2:29:19] Will you both promise me something? 你们能答应我一件事吗?
[2:29:25] Yes. 当然可以
[2:29:27] Promise me never to quarrel so. 答应我你们不会再吵架
[2:29:31] But to love each other. 你们会深爱彼此
[2:29:34] So that we may meet again, in heaven… 我们会在天堂再度相会
[2:29:39] …where Bullingdon said quarrelsome people will never go. 布林顿说爱吵架的人不会上天堂
[2:29:51] We promise. 我们答应你
[2:29:56] Will you tell me the story about the fort? 你能跟我说堡垒的故事吗?
[2:30:02] Of course. 当然
[2:30:07] We crept up on the fort. 我们突击堡垒
[2:30:13] I jumped over the wall first, and my fellows jumped after me. 我先翻过墙,我的部下跟着我翻墙
[2:30:19] And you should have seen the look… 你该看看那些法国人…
[2:30:23] …on the Frenchmen’s faces when 23 he-devils, sword and pistol… 脸上的表情 面对23位勇敢的士兵带剑跟手枪
[2:30:30] …cut and thrust, came tumbling into the fort. 一路冲刺,爬进他们的堡垒里
[2:30:35] In three minutes… 三分钟内…
[2:30:39] …we left…. 我们就离开了…
[2:30:51] “‘I am the resurrection and the life,’ saith the Lord. “我是复活和生命”,上帝说
[2:30:56] “‘He that believeth in me, though he were dead… “信我的人,虽然死了
[2:31:01] “‘…yet shall he live. 也必复活
[2:31:04] “‘And whosoever liveth and believeth in me… 凡活着信我的人
[2:31:09] “‘…shall never die.’ 必永远不死
[2:31:13] “I know that my Redeemer liveth… 我知道我的救世主活着
[2:31:16] “…and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth. 末了必站立在地上
[2:31:21] “And though after my skin worms destroy this body… 我这皮肉灭绝之后
[2:31:25] “…yet in my flesh shall I see God. 我必在肉体之外得见神
[2:31:30] “Whom I shall see for myself and mine eyes shall behold… 我自己要见祂,亲眼要见祂
[2:31:35] “…and not another. 并不像外人
[2:31:39] “We brought nothing into this world… 因为我们没有带什么到世上来
[2:31:42] “…and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 也不能带什么去
[2:31:46] “The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away. 赏赐的是上帝,收取的也是上帝
[2:31:53] “Blessed is the name of the Lord.” 上帝的名是应当称颂的”
[2:32:40] Barry’s grief was inconsolable. 巴里的悲伤无可言喻
[2:32:44] Such solace as he could find, came only from drink. 他只能靠酒精麻痹自己
[2:32:50] His mother was the only person who would remain faithful to him in his misfortune. 面对这样的不幸 只有他母亲仍然忠诚的看护他
[2:32:57] And many a night, when he was unconscious of her attention… 许多夜晚 他不知道是她在照顾他
[2:33:01] …saw him carried off to bed. 确定要人扶他上床
[2:33:08] “O blessed Lord… “愿颂赞归与我们的主
[2:33:10] “…the Father of mercies and God of all comforts. 就是发慈悲的父、赐各样安慰的神
[2:33:14] “We beseech Thee, look down in pity and compassion upon this… 我们请求祢的垂怜跟同情
[2:33:17] “…Thy afflicted servant. 赐福给祢的仆人
[2:33:20] “Thou writest bitter things against her… 祢按罪状刑罚她…
[2:33:23] “…and makest her to possess her former iniquities.” 又使她担当从前的罪孽”
[2:33:25] Her Ladyship, always vaporish and nervous… 总是那么敏感紧张的夫人
[2:33:29] …plunged into devotion… 躲进宗教里
[2:33:31] …with so much fervor that you would have imagined her distracted at times. 狂热到可以想像 有时她根本是失去理智
[2:34:01] In the doleful conditions which now prevailed at Castle Hackton… 哈克顿堡笼罩在一片愁云惨雾中
[2:34:06] …management of the household, and of the Lyndon estate… 家务跟林登家产业的管理工作
[2:34:10] …fell to Mrs. Barry, whose spirit of order… 落在巴里太太的肩上 她有条不紊的…
[2:34:13] …attended to all the details of a great establishment. 仔细关注庞大产业所有的细节
[2:34:22] Come in. 请进
[2:34:28] You wish to see me, madam? 你找我吗,老夫人?
[2:34:30] Yes, Reverend. Please sit down. 是的,牧师,请坐
[2:34:37] I have some matters I would like to discuss later, Graham… 待会儿我有些事 要跟你讨论,葛瑞恩
[2:34:40] …but just now would you go to Her Ladyship… 不过先去找夫人
[2:34:43] …and have her sign these papers. 请她签一下这些文件
[2:34:45] Yes, madam. 是的,老夫人
[2:34:59] Reverend Runt… 兰特牧师
[2:35:02] …I need not tell you that the recent tragedy to this family… 我不需要告诉你 这个家最近遭逢巨变
[2:35:05] …has made the services of a tutor no longer required here. 这里不再需要家教服务
[2:35:11] And as we are in considerable difficulty about money… 我们的财务出现困难
[2:35:15] …I’m afraid I must ask you, with the greatest reluctance… 虽然很不愿意,恐怕我得请你
[2:35:20] …to resign your post. 辞去你的职务
[2:35:27] Madam, I’m sensible of your predicament… 老夫人,我了解你的苦衷
[2:35:32] …and you need have no concern about my wages, I can willingly forego them… 你不需要担心我的薪资 我愿意不支薪
[2:35:37] …but it is out of the question for me to leave Her Ladyship in her present state. 但现在这个状况 我是不会离开夫人的
[2:35:45] I’m sorry to say this to you… 我很遗憾必须这么跟你说
[2:35:48] …but I believe you are largely responsible for her present state of mind. 我相信她会变成这样都是你的错
[2:35:55] The sooner you leave, the better she will be. 你越早离开,对她来说越好
[2:36:03] Madam, with the greatest respect… 老夫人,我无意不敬
[2:36:06] …I take my instructions only from Her Ladyship. 但我只听夫人的命令
[2:36:11] Reverend Runt… 兰特牧师
[2:36:14] …Her Ladyship is in no fit mind to give instructions to anyone. 夫人无法给任何人命令
[2:36:19] My son has charged me with managing the affairs at Castle Hackton… 我儿子授权予我 处理哈克顿堡的事务
[2:36:23] …until he recovers from his grief and resumes his interest in worldly matters. 直到他从悲伤中恢复过来 能再度处理堡内事务为止
[2:36:28] And while I’m in charge… 现在由我掌权
[2:36:30] …you’ll take your instructions from me. 你得听命于我
[2:36:34] My only concern is for Lady Lyndon. 我只是为了林登夫人好
[2:36:39] Madam… 老夫人
[2:36:42] …your only concern is for Her Ladyship’s signature. 你只是要夫人的签名
[2:36:46] You and your son have almost succeeded in destroying a fine family fortune. 你跟你儿子成功地花光了这个家的钱
[2:36:52] And what little remains for you… 你们唯一的生机
[2:36:54] …depends on keeping Her Ladyship prisoner in her own home. 就是把夫人关在自己家里
[2:36:57] Reverend Runt… 兰特牧师
[2:37:00] …this matter bears no further discussion. 这件事没得商量
[2:37:03] You will pack your bags and leave by tomorrow. 你得打包行李,明天就滚蛋
[2:37:26] God, help. Help! 上帝,救救我!
[2:37:32] In the midst of these great perplexities… 在极度悲伤中…
[2:37:35] …Her Ladyship made an attempt to kill herself by taking poison. 夫人企图服毒自杀
[2:37:40] Though she only made herself dangerously ill… 她只是让自己病得更重
[2:37:43] …due to the very small amount which she swallowed… 因为她服用的毒药剂量太少
[2:37:46] …this, nevertheless, caused an intervention from a certain quarter… 但这也让某人终于出手干预了
[2:37:51] …which was long overdue. 虽然可说是为时已晚
[2:37:53] Oh, my God! 天啊
[2:38:26] If my mother had died… 如果我妈死了
[2:38:29] …it would’ve been as much my responsibility… 感觉我也有责任
[2:38:31] …as if I had poured the strychnine for her myself. 就像是我亲手喂她吃毒药一样
[2:38:36] For to the everlasting disgrace of my family name… 这有损我家族的名誉
[2:38:40] …I have, by my cowardice and my weakness… 只因为我的懦弱跟不成材
[2:38:44] …allowed the Barrys to establish a brutal… 让巴里家族为所欲为
[2:38:47] …and ignorant tyranny over our lives… 无知冷酷地毁了我们的人生
[2:38:50] …which has left my mother a broken woman… 让我妈变成一个病人
[2:38:54] …and to squander and ruin a fine family fortune. 让他们态意掠夺我们家的财产
[2:39:02] My friends profess sympathy, but behind my back… 我的朋友表示同情,但是背着我
[2:39:07] …I know I am despised. 我知道他们看不起我
[2:39:10] And quite justifiably so. 那也是合理的
[2:39:20] However… 但是…
[2:39:25] …I know now what I must do. 现在我知道我该怎么办
[2:39:29] And what I shall do. 我该做什么
[2:39:33] Whatever be the cost. 不计代价
[2:39:49] Good morning, My Lord. 早安,爵爷
[2:39:51] Good morning. 早安
[2:39:53] Is Mr. Barry Lyndon here? 巴里林登先生在这里吗?
[2:39:55] Yes, My Lord, he’s inside. 是的,爵爷,他在里面
[2:39:58] Thank you. 谢谢
[2:41:36] Mr. Redmond Barry. 瑞德蒙巴里先生
[2:41:41] The last occasion on which we met… 上次我们见面
[2:41:44] …you wantonly caused me injury and dishonor. 你蓄意伤害我,剥夺我的尊严
[2:41:48] In such a manner, and to such an extent no gentleman can willingly suffer… 如此的恶行 以及卑劣的程度
[2:41:55] …without demanding satisfaction… 不论过了多久
[2:41:58] …however much time intervenes. 我都无法原谅你
[2:42:05] I have now come to claim that satisfaction. 现在我要跟你决斗
[2:42:53] Mr. Lyndon… 林登先生
[2:42:55] …these are a matched pair of pistols, and as you have seen… 这两把枪一模一样,你应该看到了
[2:42:58] …your second has loaded one, and I have loaded the other. 你的手下帮一把枪上了膛 另一把枪由我上膛
[2:43:01] As they belong to Lord Bullingdon, you may have whichever one you wish. 这都是布林顿子爵的枪 你可以选择要用哪一把枪
[2:43:14] Lord Bullingdon. 布林顿子爵
[2:43:23] Now, gentlemen, to determine who will have first fire… 两位男士,为了决定谁先开枪
[2:43:27] …I will toss a coin in the air. 我会掷铜板
[2:43:30] As the offended party, it is Lord Bullingdon’s choice to call the toss. 身为受辱的一方,布林顿子爵 有权猜铜板落在哪一面
[2:43:35] Is that agreeable to both of you? 两位都同意吗?
[2:43:39] Yes. 同意
[2:43:43] If Lord Bullingdon calls correctly he will have the first fire. 如果布林顿子爵猜对了 由他先开枪
[2:43:48] If incorrectly, Mr. Lyndon will have the first fire. 如果他猜错了 由林登先生先开枪
[2:43:54] Is that clearly understood? 两位都明白了吗?
[2:44:03] What is your call, Lord Bullingdon? 您猜哪一面,布林顿子爵?
[2:44:07] Heads. 正面
[2:44:17] It is heads. 是正面
[2:44:20] Lord Bullingdon will have the first fire. 布林顿子爵先开枪
[2:44:27] Lord Bullingdon… 布林顿子爵
[2:44:29] …will you take your ground? 您可以就位了
[2:44:45] One…two…three… 一,二,三
[2:44:47] …four…five…six… 四,五,六
[2:44:49] …seven…eight…nine…ten. 七,八,九,十
[2:44:59] Mr. Lyndon, will you take your ground? 林登先生,请就位
[2:45:23] Mr. Lyndon, are you ready to receive Lord Bullingdon’s fire? 林登先生,你准备好面对 布林顿子爵的攻击了吗?
[2:45:39] Yes. 是的
[2:45:43] Lord Bullingdon… 布林顿子爵…
[2:45:46] …cock your pistol… 请举枪
[2:45:48] …and prepare to fire. 准备射击
[2:46:05] Sir Richard, this pistol must be faulty. 理查爵爷,这把枪有问题
[2:46:09] I must have another one. 我要换另一把枪
[2:46:11] I’m sorry, Lord Bullingdon, but you must first stand your ground… 对不起,布林顿子爵,您得站好
[2:46:15] …and allow Mr. Lyndon his turn to fire. 让林登先生可以还击
[2:46:21] That is correct, Lord Bullingdon. 没错,布林顿子爵
[2:46:24] Your pistol has fired, and that counts as your shot. 您已经开过枪,那样就算数了
[2:46:42] Mr. Lyndon, are the rules of firing clear to you? 林登先生,您清楚开枪的规定吗?
[2:46:48] Yes. 清楚
[2:46:53] Lord Bullingdon… 布林顿子爵
[2:46:56] …are you ready to receive Mr. Lyndon’s fire? 您准备好面对 林登先生的攻击了吗?
[2:47:05] Yes. 是的
[2:47:10] Very well, then. 好吧
[2:47:14] Mr. Lyndon… 林登先生
[2:47:17] …cock your pistol… 请举枪
[2:47:20] …and prepare to fire. 准备射击
[2:48:18] Are you ready, Lord Bullingdon? 您没事吧,布林顿子爵?
[2:48:31] Is your pistol cocked, Mr. Lyndon? 你的枪好了吗,林登先生?
[2:48:36] Yes. 是的
[2:48:42] Then prepare to fire. 准备射击
[2:48:51] One… 一
[2:48:53] …two…. 二
[2:49:07] Lord Bullingdon, in view of Mr. Lyndon having fired into the ground… 布林顿子爵,林登先生朝地面开枪
[2:49:12] …do you now consider that you have received satisfaction? 您认为决斗结束了吗?
[2:49:29] I have not received satisfaction. 我不认为决斗结束了
[2:50:04] Mr. Lyndon, are you ready? 林登先生,你准备好了吗?
[2:50:17] Yes. 是的
[2:50:21] Lord Bullingdon… 布林顿子爵
[2:50:23] …cock your pistol and get ready to fire. 请举枪,准备射击
[2:50:44] One… 一
[2:50:48] …two…. 二
[2:51:10] Barry was carried to an inn nearby and a surgeon was called. 巴里被送到附近的旅店 他们找来了医生
[2:51:28] I’m nearly finished. 快好了
[2:51:52] I’m sorry to have to tell you this, Mr. Lyndon. 我很遗憾必须告诉你,林登先生
[2:51:56] I’m afraid you’ll have to lose the leg… 我恐怕你会失去这条腿
[2:51:59] …most likely below the knee. 从膝盖以下截肢
[2:52:10] Lose the leg? 失去这条腿?
[2:52:13] What for? 为什么?
[2:52:16] The simple answer is to save your life. 简单的说,为了救你一命
[2:52:20] The ball has shattered the bone below the knee and severed the artery. 子弹打中膝盖以下的骨头 重创动脉
[2:52:25] Unless I amputate, there’s no way that I can repair the artery… 不截肢的话,我无法修补动脉
[2:52:29] …and stop the hemorrhage. 帮你止血
[2:53:02] Graham. 葛瑞恩
[2:53:03] Yes, My Lord? 什么事,爵爷?
[2:53:05] When we arrive at Castle Hackton, inform Mrs. Barry of what has happened. 回哈克顿堡后 告诉巴里太太发生了什么事
[2:53:11] Don’t go into any unnecessary detail. 不必要的细节就别说了
[2:53:13] Just tell her where he is and that he has been wounded in the leg. 跟她说他在哪里,他的腿受伤了
[2:53:18] She will want to go to him. 她自然会去看他
[2:53:20] See that she is out of the house and on her way to London as soon as possible. 要她尽快动身前往伦敦
[2:53:25] And in no event… 不论发生什么事
[2:53:26] …is she to be allowed to see my mother… 别让她见到我的母亲
[2:53:29] …or create any disturbance at the house before she leaves. 在她离开前,不准她在屋里闹事
[2:53:33] Yes, My Lord. 是的,爵爷
[2:54:47] Ah, Mrs. Barry, how do you do? 巴里太太,你好吗?
[2:54:50] How nice to see you, Graham. Come in. 真高兴能见到你,葛瑞恩,请进
[2:54:52] Thank you. 谢谢
[2:54:55] You, uh…You received my note? 你收到我的通知了吗?
[2:54:58] Yes, we were expecting you. 收到了,我们都在等你
[2:54:59] Oh, good, I didn’t want to call unannounced. 太好了,我不想不请自来
[2:55:03] Mr. Lyndon, how are you feeling? 林登先生,你还好吧?
[2:55:07] I’m feeling much better, thank you, Graham. 我好多了,谢谢你,葛瑞恩
[2:55:11] Won’t you sit down? 请坐
[2:55:13] Thank you, Mrs. Barry. 谢谢你,巴里太太
[2:55:23] Would you like some tea? 要喝杯茶吗?
[2:55:25] Oh, no! No, thank you, Mrs. Barry. Not just now. 不用了,谢谢你,巴里太太 现在不用
[2:55:34] How’s the world treating you, Graham? 你还好吧,葛瑞恩?
[2:55:36] Oh, not too bad. 还不错
[2:55:39] And, uh…. 呃 嗯…
[2:55:41] Are you comfortable here? 你们还好吗?
[2:55:43] Most comfortable. 再好不过了
[2:55:44] Good, good! 太好了
[2:55:49] Um…. 嗯…
[2:55:54] Well, uh… 好吧…
[2:55:56] …shall, uh, ahem…. 那个…
[2:56:00] Shall we get down to the matter at hand? 我们能谈正事了吗?
[2:56:04] By all means. 当然可以
[2:56:06] Yes. 好
[2:56:09] Well…. 好吧
[2:56:12] Mr. Lyndon… 林登先生…
[2:56:16] …Lord Bullingdon has instructed me… 布林顿子爵要我…
[2:56:20] …to offer you an annuity… 提供你终生奉养年金
[2:56:24] …of 500 guineas a year for life. 一年五百基尼
[2:56:30] Specifically on the condition of your… 他的条件是…
[2:56:35] …leaving England… 你得离开英格兰
[2:56:38] …and to be stopped… 并且保证…
[2:56:41] …the instant of your return. 你不会回来
[2:56:47] Lord Bullingdon has also asked me to point out to you… 布林顿子爵还要我跟你说
[2:56:52] …that should you decide to remain here… 如果你决定留在这里
[2:56:56] …your stay would infallibly plunge you… 这个决定会害你…
[2:57:01] …into jail. 去坐牢
[2:57:05] As in view of the present circumstances there will soon be… 考量到现在的状况…
[2:57:10] …innumerable writs taken out against you for… 会有许多人对你提出控告
[2:57:14] …debts long-outstanding… 因为你一直无法清偿债务
[2:57:17] …and your credit is so blown that… 你的信用破产
[2:57:22] …you could not hope… 应该没办法
[2:57:24] …to raise a shilling. 再借到一毛钱
[2:57:56] Utterly baffled and beaten… 身败名裂之后…
[2:58:00] …what was the lonely and broken-hearted man to do? 伤心寂寞的人能去哪里?
[2:58:05] He took the annuity and returned to Ireland with his mother… 他接受年金提议 跟他母亲回到爱尔兰
[2:58:09] …to complete his recovery. 回家去养伤
[2:58:13] Sometime later he traveled abroad. 后来他到了国外
[2:58:17] His life there, we have not the means of following accurately. 我们无法密切追踪 他之后的生活
[2:58:22] He appears to have resumed his former profession of a gambler… 但是他似乎重操旧业当起赌徒
[2:58:26] …without his former success. 只是没有之前那么成功
[2:58:29] He never saw Lady Lyndon again. 他再也没见过林登夫人
1975年

Post navigation

Previous Post: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade(夺宝奇兵03)[1989]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: The Thing(怪形)[1982]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一
{"status":false,"code":5000,"msg":"失败"}

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme