英文名称:Barbarians At The Gate
年代:1993
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:50] | =笨人王大烨作品第三号= 门口的野蛮人 | |
[01:28] | – Morning, Ross. – Morning, sir. | 早上好,罗斯。 早上好,先生。 |
[01:30] | Thanks much. | 非常感谢。 |
[01:32] | Mr. Donner. | 唐纳先生。 |
[01:33] | I’m starting to sell subscriptions to the Saturday Evening Post. | 我现在开始派送《周末晚报》了。 |
[01:37] | – Can I put you down for one? – I’m not much for magazines. | 给您订一份吧? 我对杂志没有兴趣! |
[01:40] | How about if I give you the first month free? | 如果头一个月免费呢? |
[01:44] | And a week’s free newspapers? | 外加一星期免费报纸? |
[01:48] | Ross Johnson, you could sell ice to an Eskimo. | 罗斯・约翰逊,你能把狗屎当黄金卖出去 |
[01:52] | I’d sure give it a try. Thank you, sir. | 我认为值得一试。谢谢您,先生。 |
[02:52] | – Yes? – Mrs. Vataliano? | 你是? 维塔莉娜女士。 |
[02:55] | F. Ross Johnson. | F-罗斯・约翰逊 |
[02:56] | – Peerless Child Photographers. – No, thanks. | 卓越儿童摄影馆 不要,谢谢。 |
[02:59] | Even if you don’t want pictures, I tell you, I see babies all day long… | 您不给孩子拍照没关系? 告诉您,我每天能见到很多小孩儿…… |
[03:02] | …but that is one exceptionally beautiful child. | 这个孩子是他们里面最漂亮的。 |
[03:06] | – Can I ask her name? – Marvin. | 他叫啥? 马文。 |
[03:11] | What can I tell you, he’s pretty enough to be a girl. | 我看这娃儿,长得像个漂亮的女孩儿。 |
[03:13] | You know that being the case… | 你想想吧, |
[03:15] | …l’m gonna offer you, give you is more like it… | 我会给你更多的优惠….. |
[03:18] | …a set of six pictures and an ordinarily $5 walnut frame… | 一组6张照片,加上一个价值5美元的木制相框? |
[03:22] | …all for just the one price of $2.98. | 所有的一切只要298美金。 |
[03:25] | Tell your mom you want your picture taken. | 告诉你妈妈,你想要照相。 |
[03:29] | There you go. You heard it from his own lips. | 是不是,你听听,你听到了吧…. |
[03:33] | Well. | 好的。 |
[03:41] | Ed Horrigan there? | 艾德-霍根在吗? |
[03:43] | Tell him it’s Ross Johnson. | 告诉他,罗斯・约翰逊找他。 |
[03:45] | Ed, can you hear me? It’s Ross. | 艾德,听得见么?我是罗斯。 |
[03:49] | Did you get the tape yet? | 磁带拿到了么? |
[03:50] | Great! I’ll tell ya when. | 好极了!我会告诉你什么时候播。 |
[03:53] | Make sure someone keeps the Senator’s glass full. | 好好招待参议员。 |
[03:55] | We’ll be there in a jiff. | 我们马上就到。 |
[04:28] | Not bad for a newspaper boy from Winnipeg, eh? | 一个温尼伯的报童能有现在,不错吧。 |
[04:31] | Not bad at all. | 很不错。 |
[04:33] | What do you think? Want to fly to Palm Springs when it’s over or wait till morning? | 想啥呢?是宴会结束了就去棕榈泉还是明天早上? |
[04:37] | In the morning. Wouldn’t mind getting an hour’s sleep. | 明早,我想休息一个小时 |
[04:40] | You’re getting old. | 你有点老了! |
[04:42] | One of us has to. | 我们之间是真有一个老了! |
[04:47] | There’s Ross! | 罗斯来了! |
[04:54] | Hey, Ed. | 你好,艾德。 |
[04:56] | – Johnny! – Ross. | 乔尼! 罗斯。 |
[04:57] | – Nice to see you here. – How are you? | 很高兴在这里见到你! 你好吗? |
[04:59] | Have I got a great joke for you. | 我给你讲个笑话 |
[05:02] | I hope you like it as much after you’ve heard it. | 希望你们听完了会喜欢 |
[05:05] | Seems this lady got stung by a bee on the golf course. | 在高尔夫球场有位女士被蜂蛰了, |
[05:09] | – Any of you guys heard this? – No, go ahead. | 以前听过这个笑话么? 没有!继续。 |
[05:11] | She gets stung by a bee, she goes to the doctor… | 她被蜂蜇了,然后去找医生。 |
[05:14] | …and the doctor says, “Just exactly where did it bite you?” | 医生问:咬到你哪里了? |
[05:17] | She says, “Between the first and second hole.” | 她说:在第一个洞和第二洞之间。 |
[05:19] | And he said, “No kidding, you must have a pretty wide stance.” | 医生说,不错不错,洞洞之间的景色很诱人。 |
[05:24] | All set with the tape. | 磁带准备好了! |
[05:26] | Great! This crowd’s gonna go bananas. | 太好了!各位随意 |
[05:29] | Honey, go rescue the mayor. His wife’s starting to talk to him. | 亲爱的,救救市长。他老婆开始和他说话了。 |
[05:33] | Poor darling. | 可怜的家伙。 |
[05:35] | How are you, Laurie? | 你好吗?Laurie。 |
[05:37] | Your face gets any longer, I can practice putting on it. | 你的脸拉这么长干哈? |
[05:41] | Come on, you leave my boy alone. | 好了,别挤兑他了。 |
[05:44] | It’s just this kind of spending is crazy. | 这样花钱太疯狂了! |
[05:47] | The company’s making so much money we’re shitting green. | 我们挣了那么多钱,不花就是废纸。 |
[05:50] | Hell, this all comes out of petty cash. | 没有必要给地狱留备用金。 |
[05:53] | Showtime! | 表演要开始了。 |
[05:57] | Listen up, everybody. | 听好了,大家! |
[05:59] | Can I have everyone’s attention here please? | 请大家注意了! |
[06:01] | I want to extend a warm welcome to everyone here tonight… | 我代表RJR Nabisco公司…. |
[06:04] | …on behalf of RJR Nabisco. | 在这里热烈欢迎大家! |
[06:07] | From our chairman, Charlie Hugel. | 介绍我们的董事长Charlie Hugel。 |
[06:12] | Ed Horrigan, president of our tobacco division. | 还有烟草部门主管Ed Horrigan。 |
[06:18] | If you think his numbers are good now, just wait till people start buying Premiers. | 如果各位觉得运程不错,就等着等着人民抢购总理烟。 |
[06:24] | Right! | 说对了! |
[06:25] | And of course Johnny Greeniaus, President of Nabisco. | 当然还有Nabisco的董事长Johnny Greeniaus |
[06:31] | From each and everyone of us all the way down to me. | 然后逐一介绍每位来宾最后是我。 |
[06:38] | As soon as these guys up here take care of business… | 这家伙要上场了, |
[06:41] | …I’ll have a little extra treat for you, in case anybody missed the 6:00 news… | 我还为大家准备了一个好消息,如果你们错过了6点的新闻 |
[06:46] | …or might have spent the day on Uranus. | 或者去火星上度假去了, |
[06:49] | But no matter how this little donnybrook turns out, we’re all winners here tonight. | 此外也不管这个拳击现在啥样子,今晚在这这里的都是赢家! |
[06:54] | – Right? – I’ll drink to that. | 对吗? 我会喝高! |
[06:58] | Count your stock going up and have a great time. | 等着你的股票上涨吧,这是一个伟大的时刻! |
[07:02] | There’s plenty of booze and if you don’t think so you’re just not trying hard enough. | 如果你觉得长得太少,只能说你太贪婪了 |
[07:06] | Enjoy the fight! Thanks. | 各位享受拳击时刻!谢谢大家! |
[07:10] | Watch Tyson, jump right into his chest. | 大家看泰森,一拳正中胸部! |
[07:16] | Good fight. | 打得好! |
[07:22] | Are you enjoying it? | 喜欢吗? |
[07:24] | Various opponents have complained that Tyson knocks along the ropes. | 对手很艰苦!被泰森沿着围栏追着打! |
[07:30] | Good fight. | 打得好! |
[07:41] | Some kinda fight, ain’t it? | 这家伙真抗打,是不是? |
[07:42] | Cappuccino already warning Mike about the elbow. | 裁判警告Mike。肘击! |
[07:48] | Church is out! | 比赛结束了 |
[07:51] | A right hand right on the chinl | 右拳击中下巴! |
[07:57] | He’s not going to make it. It’s all over. | 他没无法继续比赛。比赛结束了! |
[08:01] | Now we know why Butch Lewis wasn’t anxious for Michael Spinks… | 现在我们知道,为什么Butch Lewis 不担心Michael Spinks了。 |
[08:05] | … to fight Mike Tyson. | 米克泰森。 |
[08:10] | With his win today in the New York primary, Governor Dukakis… | 他今天在纽约打赢了。 首先,州长Dukakis。 |
[08:13] | … appears to have a certain victory to have the Democratic ticket come November. | 在接下来的十一月,似乎民主党注定获胜! |
[08:17] | In a New Jersey federal court today, it was a victory, of sorts… | 今天,新泽西联邦法院作出判决, |
[08:21] | … for widower, Anthony Cipollone. | 对鳏夫Anthony Cipollone很难说是个胜利。 |
[08:23] | Cipollone had sued for millions, claiming cigarettes were a contributing factor… | Cipollone提起数千万的诉讼,声称香烟导致了 |
[08:28] | … in the death of his wife, a life-long smoker. | 他终身吸烟的妻子的死。 |
[08:31] | Tobacco companies were relieved when today’s jury… | 烟草公司如释重负,今天的陪审团 |
[08:34] | … cleared the industry of any responsibility and awarded the widower the relatively… | 免除了烟草业的责任,Cipollone先生只能获得 |
[08:38] | … small amount of $400,000 in damages. | 很少的,统共40万美元的伤害补偿 |
[08:42] | A tip for Tony Cipollone! | 那是给Tony Cipollone的小费。 |
[08:56] | Shit, the fucking stock hasn’t budged. Not one fucking point! | 妈的,该死的股票没有上涨。娘的一个点也没有! |
[09:01] | I thought the Cipollone decision would pump a little sunshine up our skirt. | 我认为Cipollone的判决,会给我们的股票带来一些利好! |
[09:04] | We’re still stuck in the fucking 40s! | 股价还在该死的40块上晃荡! |
[09:07] | – Thanks, Bonnie. – Any fucking time. | 谢谢你,Bonnie。 别扯淡了。 |
[09:09] | Everybody’s picking it up. | 每个人都等着上涨! |
[09:11] | Did you see the hatchet job in Business Week? | 《商业周刊》报道你看了么? |
[09:15] | “RJR low stock price, tobacco company declining performance…” | RJR(雷诺)的股价低迷,烟草公司的业绩下滑。 |
[09:20] | “…executive extravagance.” | 经理人生活铺张…. |
[09:21] | I love this: “CEO F. Ross Johnson routinely presses… | 我喜欢这一句:CEO F.罗斯约翰逊习惯于 |
[09:26] | “…$50 bills in the hands of wine stewards.” | 给酒吧服务员50美元的小费, |
[09:28] | I saw that. | 我看见了。 |
[09:30] | $50 bills! It’s been years since I tipped that little. | 50美金。这么多年我都是给那么一点点 |
[09:34] | You let ’em bitch all they want about the stock. | 你要让那些混蛋看见股价上涨。 |
[09:37] | Wait till Premiers hit the market. | 等我们的总理牌儿香烟上市的时候 |
[09:39] | – Where are we on the test results? – Week, 10 days the latest. | 市场测试进行咋样了? 一周,最迟十天 |
[09:42] | – They’ll be great, trust me. – They damn well better be! | 总理香烟会成功的,相信我 一定会的! |
[09:46] | Put a rocket up Winston Salem’s ass so we get ’em ASAP, okay? | 一定要尽快! |
[09:50] | You got it. | 你安排吧! |
[09:51] | – I’ll see you in Springs. – All right. | 我们球场见! 好的! |
[09:56] | – Hi there, cutie. – How you doin’, pal? | 你好,美女! 你想干嘛? |
[09:59] | What’d you do, did you sneak up here from coach? | 你干哈? 你不怕哪位过来吗? |
[10:02] | You don’t mind, mister? | 你怕吗,先生? |
[10:04] | I just can’t keep my feet off of you. | 我差点踢到你! |
[10:07] | Easy, not in front of the D-O-G. | 小心点,别让狗看到! |
[10:17] | Don’t forget, I wanna see you here tomorrow when the tournament begins. | 别忘了,明天联赛开始的时候我想在这里看到各位。 |
[10:21] | We’re gonna have a great time. | 我们将迎来一个伟大的时刻! |
[10:26] | You do a good job for us. | 你为我们做的很棒! |
[10:28] | Having fun? You look like death on a biscuit. | 好玩么? 你看起来有些不高兴! |
[10:31] | – I’m not convinced that… – Great party last night. | 昨晚的宴会 |
[10:34] | – How’d you know? – I must’ve been wasted. | 我是有些铺张。 |
[10:36] | I didn’t realize the watches you gave were Gucci. | 我没有想到你送的手表都是Gucci的。 |
[10:38] | You fly Nabisco, you go first class. You have a good one, Jay. | 你坐Nabisco的专机,头等舱。 Jay,你也是! |
[10:42] | Forget what all this cost. | 别担心花了多少钱。 |
[10:45] | This bunch, this weekend. | 这些东西,这个周末。 |
[10:46] | How many supermarkets they own between them? | 这些人有多少家超市? |
[10:49] | What 8,000 or 9,000? | 8000到9000家左右差不多吧 |
[10:51] | Every time one of them gets home and shows off his Gucci… | 每次他们回家,向人炫耀我们送的Gucci手表 |
[10:54] | …and his free Polaroid and his picture with Arnie, Reggie… | 不要钱的宝丽来相机,他们和Arnie、Reggie的合影。 |
[10:58] | …whose merchandise is he gonna put on his shelves? | 他的货架上会摆上谁的产品? |
[11:00] | Lighten up. | 想开了么/ |
[11:02] | Every penny you think I’m pissin’ away comes back to us dressed up like a nickel. | 我花出去的每一分钱都会为我们带回来一块钱的利润。 |
[11:06] | Don! Ira! Let’s go. Let’s tee it up! | Don、Ira。我们要出发开始打球了。 |
[11:10] | Terrific turnout. You do it better every year. | 你太棒了,一年比一年做得好。 |
[11:12] | – Thanks. – Can we talk for a second? Just a second? | 谢谢! 我们能谈谈吗?几分钟? |
[11:16] | My shareholders are antsy about the price of their RJR stock. | 我的股东对RJR的低股价很头痛! |
[11:20] | The way it’s just layin’ there. | 被套牢了! |
[11:21] | Tell ’em to stop breathing down my shorts, okay? | 让他们不要急好吗? |
[11:24] | As soon as we introduce Premiers, the damn stocks’ll go through the roof. | 等到总理香烟一上市,股价就会涨停 |
[11:28] | Ed tells me that the test results are gonna be dynamite. | 艾德告诉我,市场测试的结果是爆炸性的 |
[11:32] | That’ll sure help take some of the pressure off. | 这会减轻我的压力 |
[11:34] | All we want you to do is make us rich. That’s all we’re asking. | 我们股东想要你做的就是让我们发财。 |
[11:37] | Or you’ll find somebody else who will, right? | 否则你们就会替换我,对吧? |
[11:48] | There’s one way you might wanna look into. | 还有一种方法你可以试试, |
[11:50] | It’s worked well for other companies. | 在其它公司行之有效! |
[11:52] | Screw those LBOs, if that’s what you’re talkin’ about. | 别和我谈,如果你想说杠杆收购的话 |
[11:55] | You know how much money Don made on his? | 你知道Don从杠杆收购里赚了多少吗? |
[11:57] | You wouldn’t want a $400 million payday? | 4亿美金的日薪,你不想开一次么? |
[12:00] | $400 million. | 4亿美金?! |
[12:02] | They can only bury you with one set of golf clubs! | 整不好只能买一套高尔夫球具。 |
[12:06] | There’s no question he could do for you what he did for me. | 毫无疑问,他可以帮助你做着一切。 |
[12:09] | He’d be delighted to work with you. | 他会很高兴和你合作的! |
[12:11] | – Why Henry Kravis? – Because Henry’s the best! | 为什么是Henry Kravis? 因为Henry最棒。 |
[12:14] | He was the first to do a company buyout. He owns the patent on the process. | 他是第一个做杠杆收购的人,掌握很多操作程序上的秘密 |
[12:19] | What kind of fee does he get? What was his cut for setting up your deal? | 他的佣金多少?从你的杠杆收购中拿了多少提成? |
[12:22] | One percent, $45 million. | 1%,4500万美金。 |
[12:25] | One percent sure has come up in the world, hasn’t it? | 天上掉下来的1%,是吧 |
[12:28] | On the Safeway buyout, he and his cousin George pocketed $60. | 在Safeway收购案中,他和他的表兄George挣了6000万美金。 |
[12:33] | $60 million apiece. | 一桩生意就是6000万呀 |
[12:34] | If those guys aren’t careful, they’re gonna get seriously rich. | 这几个小子一不小心就爆发了哈 |
[12:38] | – They can do the same thing for you. – And the stockholders. | 他们同样能帮助你,包括你的股东。 |
[12:46] | For the hole. Yes! | 好球,进了! |
[12:49] | Why don’t I set up dinner with him in New York? I know you’d hit it off. | 为何不在纽约和他一起共进晚餐呢?你们会一拍即合的。 |
[12:52] | No offense, but we’re talking about buying out RJR Nabisco here. | 我们只是在这里讨论如何收购RJR Nabisco。 |
[12:57] | – We’re talkin astro-bucks. – How astro are you thinking? | 我们谈论的是一笔天文数字 你认为是多少呢 |
[13:00] | Henry has the ability to borrow as much as $56 billion. | Henry有能力借到560亿美金。 |
[13:04] | Makes your $400 million seem like pretend money. | 这使得你的4亿美金不值一提。 |
[13:06] | Every little bit helps. | 聊胜于无而已 |
[13:08] | – How’d we do? – We each owe Don $3. | 我们该怎么做呢? 我们每个人欠Don 3美金。 |
[13:13] | I hope this puts the son of a bitch in a higher tax bracket. | 我希望这会让那个王八蛋多缴税。 |
[13:27] | Good evening, sir. Right in there. | 晚上好,先生,请进。 |
[13:29] | – Come, Christy! – Thank you. | Christy,来吧。 谢谢。 |
[13:41] | – Don, it’s nice to see you again. – It’s good to see ya. | Don,很高兴再次见到你。 同样很高兴见到你。 |
[13:45] | – Will you have a drink? – Scotch and soda. No ice, no soda. | 喝啥? 加苏打水的苏格兰威士忌。 不加冰,不加苏打水。 |
[13:48] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,先生。 |
[13:50] | Be it ever so humble. | 这里有些简陋 |
[13:54] | Guy musta had a hell of a week! | 我看不是这样 |
[13:57] | – Renoir. – Ballpark? | 雷诺阿的? 也许是。 |
[13:59] | – $20 or $30 million. – Is that with the frame? | 2000万还是3000万美金? 可能是底价 |
[14:12] | Monet. Monet。 | 莫奈 莫奈 |
[14:13] | Yeah, right, tons of it. | 正式这样。 |
[14:17] | Henry, say hello to Ross Johnson. | Henry,这位是罗斯约翰逊先生。 |
[14:21] | Nice of you to come. | 很高兴你能来! |
[14:25] | If there’s anything you need, if you’re hurting in anyway… | 如果你需要任何东西或者有任何冒犯的地方 |
[14:30] | …all you have to do is ask. | 请尽管提出来 |
[14:33] | It looks like a normal cigarette only when you light up a Premier… | 总理香烟表面上看起来和别的没有什么不一样, 但是点燃它时,你会发现 |
[14:37] | …it’s completely smokeless. | 完全没有烟 |
[14:39] | – Totally? – Near enough. | 完全没有? 接近了。 |
[14:41] | The point is that it produces no tar or any of that other fun cancer stuff. | 最重要的就是它不含焦油,或其它致癌物。 |
[14:47] | If you sell it as a safer cigarette, aren’t you admitting your other brands are unsafe? | 如果你说这是一种安全香烟, 就等于你说你的其它牌子的烟不安全? |
[14:51] | It is safer, of course we can’t say that. | 总理更加安全, 当然我们会这样说。 |
[14:53] | But you get more carbon monoxide from a New York bus going by… | 你会从一辆公共汽车的尾气里吸入更多的一氧化碳。 |
[14:57] | …than you can from any cigarette. | 这比吸烟的危害要大得多。 |
[14:59] | Maybe just a little more chicken. | 再来一些鸡肉。 |
[15:02] | It’s rabbit. | 是兔肉。 |
[15:04] | I’ll have the ears, too, when you get a chance. | 兔肉, 那也来点儿。 |
[15:07] | You’re counting on Premiers getting your stock up. | 你指望着总理能让你的股票上涨。 |
[15:09] | – Nothing else has made it move. – It’s a bitch. | 其他的方法都试了,他妈地 |
[15:12] | I’ve got the best company in the world. And not just because I’m in charge. | 这是世界上最好的公司,这么说不仅仅因为我是负责人。 |
[15:16] | You could put your crazy old aunt in and she could run Nabisco. | 即使你把一个疯子拿来,她也能够运作Nabisco。 |
[15:20] | Our food assets are unbelievable. | 我们的食品部的业绩非常好。 |
[15:23] | Kids pop out of the womb asking for Oreos… | 孩子一出生就喊着吃奥利奥饼干 |
[15:25] | …and it doesn’t make one damn bit of difference in the price of our shares. | 但这并不能让我们的股票上涨。 |
[15:29] | People still think of us as only a tobacco company. | 人们仍然认为我们仅仅只是一家烟草公司。 |
[15:32] | They’re so scared we’re gonna get sued out of existence, it just murders us. | 人家担心烟草企业会被起诉而倒闭! |
[15:37] | There is a cure for that. | 我有个办法。 |
[15:39] | That LBO stuff is way over my head. I just can’t follow it. | 杠杆收购这东西我不太明白。 |
[15:44] | You don’t have to. Bankers and lawyers work it all out. | 您不需要明白。银行家和律师会办好一切。 |
[15:48] | All I want from bankers is a new calendar every year. | 我只需要银行的台历。 |
[15:50] | All I care about lawyers is they’re back in their coffins before the sun rises. | 我对律师的唯一感觉,就是他们像吸血鬼。 |
[15:57] | Everyone benefits when management takes over. | 收购完成后,每个人都会获益。 |
[16:00] | It’s a question of arriving at an attractive price… | 只不过需要一个有吸引力的报价。 |
[16:02] | …to pay your stockholders to buy out their shares. | 向股东回购他们的股票。 |
[16:06] | I’d work with you the same way we did with Don. | 我可以想帮助DON一样帮助你收购公司。 |
[16:09] | Some of the money we borrow. | 我们得先借一些钱。 |
[16:11] | Some we raise from the public sale of securities. | 然后通过发行公众债券再筹集一笔。 |
[16:15] | We pay debt incurred in buying the company… | 我们负债收购公司。 |
[16:17] | …with cash from its ongoing operation. | 再通过经营公司所产生的利润… |
[16:20] | And by selling off pieces of the business. | 还有出售一些资产和业务部门,来偿还债务 |
[16:22] | That’s French for firing people, isn’t it? | 也许还包括解雇员工,是吗? |
[16:26] | As few as possible, of course. | 当然,尽可能少的裁员。 |
[16:29] | Few dozen, 10,000? | 几十人还是几万人? |
[16:33] | As I said, as few as possible. | 我说了,尽可能少。 |
[16:40] | I couldn’t do that. I couldn’t live with the fallout. | 我不能这样做。 我负担不起这样的后果。 |
[16:44] | I’d take care of it. | 我会善后的。 |
[16:45] | I don’t shave your face in my mirror every morning. | 我才不会给你擦屁股。 |
[16:49] | All that aside, I’ve never been a big fan of debt. | 其他的不说,我不喜欢过欠债的日子! |
[16:52] | Debt can be an asset. Debt tightens a company. | 债务也是资产。债务让公司有紧张感。 |
[16:58] | It does wonders for the sphincter, too. | 它也能让你的括约肌紧张的尿裤子。 |
[17:02] | Why don’t I have some of my people take a look at your numbers? | 为什么我的人看看你公司的数据? |
[17:06] | Get an idea of the value of the company. | 给公司一个估值。 |
[17:10] | Something to base a bid on. | 以便确定我们收购公司的报价。 |
[17:12] | Tell me one thing: If we did do this thing together… | 告诉我这一件事:如果我这么做了….. |
[17:17] | …who’d be in charge? | 谁来控制公司? |
[17:18] | Who’d run the business? How does that work? | 谁运营, 谁负责? |
[17:20] | – Ask Don. – I run my company. | 问Don好了。 我运营我的公司。 |
[17:23] | Henry and his cousin George are the majority owners but they maintain… | Henry和他的表兄George是大股东,但是他们 |
[17:27] | …a total hands-off policy. | 不插手公司的运营。 |
[17:29] | What’s the catch? | 有没有限制? |
[17:32] | The catch is, we like people who know what they’re doing. | 限制就是,我喜欢知道经营者在做什么。 |
[17:35] | Doing it for us. We think you’re one of those people. | 按我们的想法经营,我们认为你就是合适的人选。 |
[17:41] | I like smoke, dammit! | 我喜欢抽烟,你讨厌么? |
[17:49] | … 10 percentage points, when just two weeks ago Dukakis was ahead by 17. | 10个百分点,就在2周前Dukakis还领先17个呢! |
[17:55] | In New York, further shock waves hit the financial world as investigators… | 纽约的投资者陷入恐慌 |
[17:58] | … revealed that junk-bond specialist Michael Milken… | 据说,垃圾债券大王米尔肯…. |
[18:01] | … whose earnings this year topped the $500 million mark… | 今年的收入高达5亿美元 |
[18:05] | … and 26 other members of Milken’s investment firm… | 而米尔肯公司的26位高管… |
[18:08] | … of Drexel Burnham Lambert were owners of a stake in the company… | 以及他的Drexel Burnham Lambert公司参股了资本大鳄…. |
[18:11] | … owned by dethroned financial wizard, lvan Boesky. | lvan Boesky控制的公司 |
[18:14] | Boesky, convicted on charges of insider trading… | Boesky被指控犯有内幕交易罪 |
[18:17] | … was recently sentenced to 18 months in jail and fined a record $100 million. | 刚刚被宣判入狱18个月,并处1亿美金的罚金。 |
[18:23] | You know the three rules of Wall Street? | 你知道华尔街的三条规则吗? |
[18:25] | Never play by the rules, never tell the truth, and never pay in cash. | 不遵守游戏规则,不说实话,不做现金交易。 |
[18:30] | They earn their money the old-fashioned way, they steal it. | 他们还在用老掉牙的方法挣钱,其实是偷钱。 |
[18:34] | You promise you won’t think I’m stupid? | 罗斯,你不要把我当傻瓜好么? |
[18:37] | Of course not. Although I have been known to break my promises. | 当然不会。虽然我知道我食言了。 |
[18:41] | There’s just so much about this I don’t get. | 只有一些东西我不太懂 |
[18:44] | Insider trading, junk bonds. | 内幕交易,垃圾债券。 |
[18:46] | Even this buyout thing you’re talkin’ about. | 甚至你们在讨论的公司收购问题。 |
[18:49] | Sweetheart, half the people involved don’t know what’s going on. | 甜心,卷入其中的一半人也搞不懂发生了什么。 |
[18:53] | The buyouts aren’t all that hard, really. | 收购其实不复杂! |
[18:57] | All a buyout means is that management, the team that runs the company… | 经营者收购意味着,经营公司的经理人和他的团队…. |
[19:01] | …buy out shareholders and the company goes from being public to being private. | 从股东手中回购公司的股票,把一家上市公司变成私人公司 |
[19:06] | Doesn’t that take a ton of money? | 这应当需要很多的钱吧? |
[19:09] | That’s where the Kravis types come in. | 这就是Kravis这些家伙进来的原因。 |
[19:11] | They help you borrow what you need against the assets of the company… | 他们帮你筹钱收购公司。 |
[19:14] | …and use the business as collateral. | 然后把公司抵押。 |
[19:17] | It’s just like mortgaging a house. | 就象房屋抵押贷款。 |
[19:19] | I hate to tell ya this, babe… | 你说对了…。 |
[19:21] | …but you got a lot to learn about being stupid. | 但是你要学会不要表现得太精明。 |
[19:26] | The problem is, you get guys like Henry as your partner and they’re up your ass… | 问题是,如果你找Henry那样的合作伙伴,他们就会要控制你, |
[19:31] | …with a power tool making sure you do things their way. | 要你按照他们的理念来经营公司。 |
[19:34] | That apartment makes Buckingham Palace… | 他们会鸠占雀巢,沐猴而冠 |
[19:36] | …look like a Burger King. | 颐指气使 |
[19:38] | Nobody gets that rich letting anyone play co-God with ’em. | 没人可以富可敌国,钱要大家一起赚。 |
[19:44] | – How you gonna handle that? – Nothing to handle. | 你怎么处理这事? 不需要处理。 |
[19:47] | There’s no way I’d hook up with Henry Kravis. | 我绝对不和Henry Kravis合作。 |
[19:50] | If we ever made a deal he’d have my desk in the men’s room in five seconds flat. | 如果和他合作,他会把我的办公桌搬到5个人一间的小格子里。 |
[19:56] | All we have to do is just stay cool until Ed gets the test results on Premiers. | 我们要做的事静等,等艾德到Ed总理香烟的市场测试结果。 |
[20:01] | You just watch, those babies are gonna turn the whole company around. | 等着瞧吧,总理会让董事会那些家伙刮目相看的 |
[20:07] | Now of all the people we interviewed… | 目前所有被调查者中, |
[20:10] | …86 percent approved of the idea of a smokeless cigarette. | 86%的人赞成无烟的香烟。 |
[20:15] | And 41 percent said they’d be willing to try at least two packs before deciding… | 41%的人说他们至少要尝上2包才能够做决定。 |
[20:19] | …whether or not to switch brands. | 是否能改变他们的品牌选择? |
[20:22] | Of those who had given up cigarettes… | 对于那些已经戒烟的人来说。 |
[20:25] | …73 percent responded favorably to the idea. | 73%的人积极回应无害香烟的构想。 |
[20:29] | Saying that they would seriously consider smoking again… | 他们表示会认真考虑是否要重新吸烟。 |
[20:32] | …if they could be positive the cigarette they were smoking was smokeless. | 如果能够证实香烟是无害健康的…. |
[20:37] | Now, eight percent of that group… | 而他们中的8%, |
[20:39] | …sampled at least one Premier to give us their opinion. | 至少尝过了一包,并给出了他们的看法。 |
[20:43] | Bottom line? | 结果? |
[20:48] | Of all the groups we tested, the response to Premier was uniform. | 所有的测试组的结果是一致的。 |
[20:56] | They all said they tasted like shit. | 他们说总理香烟味道像狗屎。 |
[21:01] | Like shit? | 像狗屎? |
[21:03] | Shit was the consensus. Yes, sir. | 就像吃屎。是的,先生。 |
[21:06] | They all said that? Nobody liked them? | 他们都这样说?没人喜欢它吗? |
[21:10] | Fewer than five percent. | 不到5%。 |
[21:12] | You said you heard the results were terrific. | 你跟我说测试结果棒极了。 |
[21:15] | There’s nothing wrong with five percent. | 那5%的人是这样说的。 |
[21:17] | I’ll take five percent of the smoking market any day. | 我们从烟草市场中抽样了5% |
[21:20] | How much are we in for up to now? | 到现在为止我们花了多少钱了? |
[21:22] | – To date? – To date, to here, to now. | 到哪天? 到今天,到现在。 |
[21:24] | Upwards of $350. | 总计3.5亿美金。 |
[21:26] | We’ve spent $350 million and we’ve come up with a turd with a tip? | 我们花了3.5亿美金,研究出来的是一堆大粪? |
[21:31] | God Almighty. | 我的天 |
[21:33] | We’ve put enough technology into this to send a cigarette to the moon… | 我们投入的钱和技术已经足够把一只香烟送上月球了。 |
[21:37] | …and we’ve come up with one that tastes like it took a dump? | 最后我们只发明了一种有屎味的香烟? |
[21:42] | We haven’t even talked about the smell. | 我们还没有讨论气味儿问题。 |
[21:44] | What’d they say that was like? A fart? | 他们说这像啥?狗屎味儿吗? |
[21:48] | Yep. | 是的! |
[21:50] | You’re not serious. | 你没有开玩笑? |
[21:52] | They really said that? | 真的这样说吗? |
[21:54] | We’ve got an awful lot of fart figures, sir. Yes. | 很多人这样说,先生,就是这样。 |
[21:57] | Tastes like shit and smells like a fart. Got ourselves a real winner here. | 抽起来像狗屎,闻起来像狗屁。 我们就这样胜券在握! |
[22:02] | It’s one goddamn unique advertising slogan, I’ll give you that. | 这是一条独特的广告语,我给你想出来的。 |
[22:06] | $350 million! | 3.5亿美金。 |
[22:16] | What’s wrong? I don’t smell anything. | 怎么回事?我啥也没有闻到呀! |
[22:18] | That’s not the way to find out. | 这样没有问题。 |
[22:20] | If you light a Premier with a match, not a lighter… | 如果你用火柴而不是打火机点燃总理烟。 |
[22:23] | …the sulfur reacts with the carbon in the tip. | 硫和活性碳在过滤嘴部分反应。 |
[22:25] | – Do we need carbon? – It makes it smokeless. | 我们要活性碳吗? 是它过滤掉了烟雾。 |
[22:27] | How do we get it shitless? | 我们怎样才能让它没有狗屎味? |
[22:28] | – That’s hard to say. Given enough time… – We don’t have any time! | 这很难说。请给我足够的时间。 但是我们没有时间了! |
[22:32] | We’ve announced they’re coming out this year! You insisted on it. | 我们已经宣布今年上市。是你坚持的! |
[22:36] | – Because you did! – Because you said they’d be ready. | 那是因为你! 因为你说他们就绪了! |
[22:39] | They are ready! | 它是已经就绪了! |
[22:40] | They just need a few adjustments. | 不过它们还需要一些微调。 |
[22:43] | God Almighty, I don’t have to tell you what’s riding on these goddamn things! | 天啊,我不必再告诉你总理烟对公司的重要行了吧? |
[22:47] | And what the hell’s wrong with the draw? | 为啥会是这样? |
[22:50] | You need an extra set of lungs to take a drag! | 可不可以再加个过滤! |
[22:52] | – It’s a little difficult. – A little difficult? | 有点难度! 有难度? |
[22:54] | It’s what we call the hernia effect. | 这就是我们所说的疝气效应。 |
[22:57] | Is that what we call it? There’s another great billboard for you. | 不管如何我们都要支付一大笔钱。 |
[23:02] | What do we do? We give away a truss with every pack? | 我们怎么办? 我们为每包香烟配送一捆干草? |
[23:05] | “Warning: This cigarette can tear your balls off!” | 警告:这种香烟能够把你熏出眼泪! |
[23:08] | They’re not so bad. | 还没有那么差吧。 |
[23:10] | Stop jerkin’ off. Who would sneak into a john to smoke one of these? | 难道会有人专门在厕所里抽我们的烟? |
[23:15] | Wherever you light one up, you’re in the shithouse! | 无论你在哪里抽,哪里就变成了屎堆。 |
[23:18] | And I’m beginning to get the same feeling myself! | 现在连我自己也开始有了这种感觉了。 |
[23:22] | How do we break it to the board? | 我们怎么向董事会交代? |
[23:24] | Some of ’em can’t wait for you to make a slip like this. | 他们当中的一些人对失败根本没有耐心 |
[23:27] | They’d love to nail you! | 动辄就会让你出局 |
[23:29] | Don’t sweat it. I just may have something more important than Premiers to tell ’em. | 别吵了。我有比总理烟更重要事情告诉他们 |
[23:34] | You got something up your sleeve? | 你还有别的王牌? |
[23:36] | I’m gonna buy the company. | 我打算收购公司。 |
[23:38] | – You’re not serious. – Watch me. | 开玩笑吧? 等着瞧! |
[23:45] | Get my wife in Palm Beach, try Elizabeth Arden’s. | 到棕榈滩找下我妻子, 问下Elizabeth Arden她在哪儿。 |
[23:48] | Tell her to pack for New York. Never mind. | 告诉她去纽约。不要担心 |
[23:50] | Call the plane, tell ’em instead of Chicago, we’ll pick up Mrs. Johnson in Florida. | 通知专机,不要去芝加哥,带我夫人去佛罗里达 |
[23:54] | Then, would you get Jim Robinson at American Express? | 然后,联络一下美国运通公司的Jim Robinson? |
[23:57] | No, try his apartment in New York. | 不,去他在纽约的公寓接他就可以了。 |
[24:00] | Mrs. Johnson, please. Mr. Johnson. | Johnson夫人,噢,Johnson先生。 |
[24:03] | Also Charlie Hugel in Seoul at the Chosun Hotel. | 还有Charlie Hugel,他在汉城的Chosun酒店。 |
[24:05] | Marge has the number in Atlanta. | Marge在亚特兰大的号码。 |
[24:07] | You sure it’s that bad? | 你确认他们不行了么? |
[24:10] | Trust me. We huffed and we puffed and we came up with a filtered Edsel. | 真的。我还是用过滤嘴抽的呢! |
[24:14] | If I could, I’d burn every one of ’em except you can’t even set fire to the fuckers! | 我们投入那么多钱和时间,结果是一堆垃圾! 我想一把火烧了它!还有那些傻瓜! |
[24:18] | So you are gonna buy the company? | 所以你要收购公司? |
[24:21] | It isn’t the Premiers. | 总理牌儿不行。 |
[24:23] | I got no other choice, the stock won’t budge. | 我没有别的选择,股价不涨啊! |
[24:25] | – Even though you’re sure he’ll take over? – What are you talking about? | 你相信他们会接手? 你在说什么呢? |
[24:29] | The company, Henry Kravis. | 公司,Henry Kravis。 |
[24:31] | Who said anything about Henry Kravis? | 谁和你说过Henry Kravis。 |
[24:40] | Robinson’s residence. | Robinson的家。 |
[24:42] | Is this a bad time? | 这个时间方便么? |
[24:44] | No, just dressing. Going to a charity do. | 不,正在化妆,有个慈善活动? |
[24:48] | – What’s happening? – Rats! | 怎么了? 糟糕。 |
[24:51] | Are you serious? | 咋的了? |
[24:54] | That is one tremendous step! Really tremendous! | 这是伟大的一步,一大步。 |
[24:58] | Tomorrow’s fine. Absolutely. | 明天可以,绝对可以。 |
[25:01] | No, come ahead. We’ll be in Connecticut the whole weekend. | 不,向前走。我们在康涅狄格州过周末。 |
[25:06] | This is terribly exciting! | 简直太让人兴奋了。 |
[25:09] | I can’t tell you how pleased I am that you thought to call me first. | 我说太开心了,你最先想到和我们投行合作 |
[25:14] | This is impossible! I give up. | 不可能!我放弃了。 |
[25:17] | Kiss your good lady for me. | 替我吻你媳妇儿。 |
[25:19] | I certainly will. | 我一定会的。 |
[25:22] | – Better move it, sweetie. – Two seconds! | 最好快点,甜心。 两秒钟。 |
[25:26] | God, I’m on my third can of hair spray! | 老天,要上三次发胶么?! |
[25:31] | That was Ross. | 罗斯的电话。 |
[25:33] | He’s a got a little project he wants some help with. | 他有个小项目,需要我帮帮。 |
[25:38] | He wants to buy out RJR Nabisco. | 他想收购RJR Nabisco。 |
[25:44] | What? | 什么? |
[25:46] | A low stock price is not the end of the world. | 低迷的股价不是世界末日。 |
[25:50] | Buying the company’s like shooting your arm off to get rid of a hangnail. | 收购公司就是断臂止痒! |
[25:54] | Jim’s not about to steer me wrong on this. | Jim不会误导我的。 |
[25:57] | Not as a friend, and not as Chairman of American Express. | 不仅仅为朋友,也不仅仅是作为 美国运通公司的董事长。 |
[26:00] | With their controlling interest in Shearson… | 还有他对Shearson公司的控制权 |
[26:02] | …he’s gonna be looking over their shoulder the whole time. | 他能办好这一切。 |
[26:07] | Are you okay? I can hardly hear you. | 你还在听么吗?我听不到你说! |
[26:09] | I said there’s no way you can pull this off… | 我说,你不可能收购公司的同时…… |
[26:12] | …without putting the company deep into debt. | 又不让公司陷入债务泥坑。 |
[26:15] | Are you ready to cut back on all the perks? | 你打算过节衣缩食的生活么? |
[26:17] | All the planes, the apartment in New York, the house in Palm Beach? | 公司的专机,纽约的公寓,棕榈滩的别墅。 |
[26:22] | You really wanna turn your life around? | 你真的想让生活天翻地覆? |
[26:24] | I’m not doing this to become a homeless person. | 我这么干可不是为了无家可归! |
[26:28] | Or planeless either! | 丢掉专机。 |
[26:30] | Just leave all this to me. Try to have some fun over there. | 别担心,好好玩儿吧 |
[26:33] | Get outta your room, go enjoy Korea. | 离开你的房间,去看看韩国吧! |
[26:43] | Are you sure you can’t come? I’d love to show you my new sketches. | 你真的不能来? 我很想向你展示先设计的时装。 |
[26:46] | I can’t, Carolyne, really. | Carolyne,真的不行! |
[26:48] | Jim, are they there? | Jim,他们到哪儿了吗? |
[26:50] | Okay, two minutes. I’m on my way. | 好的,两分钟。我在路上了。 |
[26:53] | – Gotta run. Big business. – Even God rested on Sunday, Linda. | 快点了,大生意啊。 Linda,即使上帝周末也要休息呀! |
[26:57] | She didn’t make my salary. Kiss Henry for me. | 可谁给我开饷呀! 代我向Henry问好。 |
[27:14] | I’m sorry, nothing like being late to your own house. | 对不起,我迟到了 |
[27:18] | – Good ride? – Great, only got two calls. | 玩儿的开心么? 太好了,只有两个电话。 |
[27:21] | What you need is an unlisted horse. | 你需要一匹好马 |
[27:24] | Shall we? | 是吗? |
[27:25] | – Why don’t you sit there? – You’re lovely as usual. | 你坐下吧 你还是那样可爱。 |
[27:28] | – Thank you. – Thanks, dear. | 谢谢你。 谢谢,亲爱的。 |
[27:33] | I think Henry’s taken out a contract on the sky! | 我还以为Henry会捡了这个从天而降的大单。 |
[27:37] | – Henry? – Kravis. He’s just down the road. Henry? | Kravis,他差一点儿。 |
[27:39] | Big hunter, our Henry. | 伟大的猎手,我们的Henry。 |
[27:46] | Tell me! | 告诉我! |
[27:48] | Ross has agreed to let Shearson Lehman… | Ross同意让Shearson Lehman |
[27:50] | …raise all the money he needs for the buyout. | 负责筹集所有的收购资金。 |
[27:53] | – That is so super! – It just seems right, you’re like family. | 太棒了! 应该的,我们就像一家人。 |
[27:57] | – Did you call Peter? – I have a call into him now. | 你叫Peter了吗? 我现在就给他打电话。 |
[28:00] | Peter? Peter? | |
[28:02] | Peter Cohen, he runs Shearson for Jim. | Peter是谁? 他替Jim运营Shearson。 |
[28:06] | He is chompin’ at the bit to pull off a deal like this one. | 他会非常小心的处理这桩交易的细节 |
[28:09] | Peter is ready. | Peter准备好了。 |
[28:10] | Are you saying he’s never done a buyout before? | 你说啥呢,他以前做过这样的收购么? |
[28:13] | No, he’s done one. | 是,他做过一个。 |
[28:15] | Nothing this big, but the procedure’s the same. | 没有这么大,但是流程是一样的。 |
[28:18] | First, you lay out the terms… | 首先,你要开裂一些条款。 |
[28:21] | …that you’re looking for for yourself in all this. | 然后再找你想要那一部分。 |
[28:24] | And then you make the company’s records available. | 而后让你的公司业绩正常。 |
[28:27] | Peter and his people go to work… | Peter和他的就是这样干的。 |
[28:29] | …and come up with a proper bid for you to make. | 然后拿出一个合理的估价 |
[28:32] | He can outline the whole deal probably when you’re down in Palm Beach. | 在你到达棕榈滩的时候,他就策划好了整个的交易了 |
[28:36] | How about in three weeks? I’d love to spring this at the next board meeting. | 三周之后如何?我希望在下次董事会的时候提出。 |
[28:40] | Don’t see why not. | 当然可以? |
[28:43] | Could I pitch my firm to handle the PR for you or am I being too piggy? | 可不可以让我的公司处理你们的公共关系, 我是不是有些贪心? |
[28:49] | I was saving that for dessert. | 我先买个关子。 |
[28:55] | Hello? Peter! | 你好,Peter。 |
[28:57] | Hi. | 喂。(你好) |
[28:58] | Cancel your life for the next couple of weeks. | 取消你未来几周的假期 |
[29:01] | You’ve got a lotta work ahead of you. Yeah, hold on. | 你有个大活儿要干,恩,等一下! |
[29:04] | It’s all gonna happen that fast? | 这一切太快了 |
[29:06] | It has to happen fast. | 是的,必须要快。 |
[29:08] | Fast and quiet. Confidentiality is critical. | 快还要平静,保密是关键! |
[29:12] | If this hits the press you’ll have a feeding frenzy on your hands. | 如果上了新闻,你就会有很大麻烦 |
[29:16] | One word gets out the company’s for sale… | 公司收购一旦泄露 |
[29:18] | …and everybody and his brother is gonna try and buy it. | 很多人都会参加竞购 |
[29:24] | Or everybody and his cousin. | 所有的人还有他们的兄弟。 |
[30:27] | We’re just gonna give you the broad strokes. | 我们只能让你看个大概 |
[30:30] | The whole deal, the actual document, is taller than my son. | 整个交易的文件资料摞起来比我儿子还高 |
[30:34] | RJR Nabisco shares are trading presently at fifty-three and an eighth. | RJR Nabisco的股价是53.125美元 |
[30:38] | The highest they have ever been was around seventy-one. | 最高的时候是71美元 |
[30:41] | Which is where they really belong. | 我们的股价就应当是这个价位。 |
[30:42] | Our proposal is: come Wednesday’s board meeting… | 我们建议是:下周三的董事会。 |
[30:45] | …you make an offer to buy the company at $75 a share. | 你提出一份每股75美金公司收购要约。 |
[30:48] | – $75? That sounds high! – It’s high, that’s the idea. | 75美金?太高了。 是有点高,这就是中心。 |
[30:52] | – It’s gotta be attractive. – And still make sense to us. | 这个报价对董事会会有很大的吸引力。 我们也会有钱可赚。 |
[30:56] | How much would that come to? | 最终价格是多少? |
[30:59] | At $75 a share, how much would we need to raise? | 75美金每股,我们要凑多少钱? |
[31:02] | We’ll be looking for $17 billion. | 我们要凑够170亿美金。 |
[31:07] | That’s one pissload of money! | 这是天文数字的钱呀! |
[31:10] | We’ll be throwing numbers at the board that no one else can. | 我们要在董事会开出一个别人无法达到的报价 |
[31:12] | We’re knocking out all conceivable competition. | 让所有的潜在对手知难而退。 |
[31:15] | At that price, with that debt load… | 可是这个价钱我们….. |
[31:17] | …how long will it be before your counters pare down the company expenses? | 会有巨大的债务负担…. |
[31:22] | Tellin’ me how many jets I can have and all that crap. | 我们有几架飞机能够卖掉,福利要削减多少 |
[31:25] | Never! You run the company the way you want. | 不要担心,你可以用你喜欢的方式经营这家公司 |
[31:27] | – You’re talkin’ total control? – Absolutely. | 你是说绝对控制? 绝对 |
[31:30] | We’d never expose our investors to that risk… | 我们不会让投资者承担风险 |
[31:33] | …if we didn’t think your expertise wouldn’t get it back for them. | 如果我们没有考虑到你的水平是不会给出这个估值的 |
[31:36] | I’d have to borrow an extra ass to work off to do it. | 我倒是想借额外的钱来收购1 |
[31:39] | Using the requirements which you gave us as the basis for your deal… | 以你的要求为基础设计的方案 |
[31:43] | …this is what you stand to make over the next five years… | 这是你在未来5年中可以挣到的…. |
[31:46] | …once you take over RJR Nabisco. | 一旦你顺利接管RJR Nabisco。 |
[31:52] | – Are these figures for real? – It could be even more. | 这个数字当真? 还可以更多! |
[31:55] | It’s awfully rich. And it makes the deal much more difficult. | 真是太有钱了! 为了避免节外生枝 |
[31:58] | We wouldn’t want to advertise those numbers to anyone. | 我们绝对不能把这些数字公开 |
[32:01] | I don’t think a skywriter’d have enough smoke for ’em all. | 我不认为所有的烟民都会抽我们的 |
[32:04] | You’re gonna do extremely well. | 你做得非常好! |
[32:06] | Especially when these guys come out, right? | 尤其是这个玩意儿(总理)要出来了,对吗? |
[32:09] | May I? | 我尝尝? |
[32:15] | Here. | 我来!我来。 |
[32:28] | What is that taste? | 这是啥子味道? |
[32:30] | What is that taste? What does this taste like? | 啥子味道? 像啥子呢? |
[32:34] | We’re working on it. | 我们还在研发中! |
[32:37] | I hope you didn’t pack too much. | 我希望你不要塞得太多。 |
[32:38] | We’ll only be in Atlanta for the board meeting. | 只不过是去亚特兰大参加董事会。 |
[32:41] | What’s the matter? | 咋的了? |
[32:43] | I think it stinks. | 好臭! |
[32:45] | Did you know people in the company call me Cupcake behind my back? | 你知道同事在背后叫我饭桶蛋糕???? |
[32:49] | I’m fixin’ them. | 我会修理他们的。 |
[32:50] | I’m workin’ on a deal in Florida to get you an honorary degree. | 我会在佛罗里达给你弄一个荣誉学位的。 |
[32:54] | – Honest to God? – Bet your ass. | 向上帝保证? 我打赌。 |
[32:57] | From now on, they’re gonna have to start calling you Doctor Cupcake. | 从现在开始,他们将要开始叫你饭桶蛋糕博士了。 |
[33:04] | You think he’s coming down with something? | 你它那么失落? |
[33:06] | Poor Rocko. You all right? | 可怜的Rocko,你还好吗? |
[33:25] | RJ-1, passenger Mr. G. Shepherd is on board. We’re ready to roll. | RJ-1,乘客G. Shepherd先生 已经登机,我们准备滑行了! |
[33:29] | RJ-1 cleared for takeoff. | RJ-1准备起飞了。 |
[33:31] | Give our best to Mr. Shepherd. | 给Shepherd先生最好的服务。 |
[33:39] | Poor baby, you’ll be a lot happier back in Florida. | 小可怜的,在佛罗里达你会开心的 |
[33:52] | Heart of hearts, bottom line. | 说心里话 |
[33:55] | You really think Peter can pull this off? Something this big? | 你真的认为Peter能够搞定这么大的生意? |
[34:00] | I figure we’ll be okay with my head on his shoulders… | 我认为,他没有问题,还有我呢 |
[34:05] | …and your head on mine. | 你也有一份 |
[34:08] | If I didn’t think so I wouldn’t be this relaxed. | 如果我不这样想,就不会这样轻松了。 |
[34:10] | – You worried? – Worried? | 你担心吗? 担心啥? |
[34:12] | That I’ll pull off the biggest deal in history? | 那将是史上最大的收购! |
[34:15] | That it’ll kill Kravis to find out… | Kravis会明白,不止一个人会干这个, |
[34:17] | …that everybody else on the street isn’t just shit? | 街上的其他人不是狗屎。 |
[34:20] | Shit! | 狗屎。 |
[34:22] | – What’s wrong? – I just realized what they taste like. | 咋了? 我想起了总理香烟的味道。 |
[34:32] | What are you thinking? | 你在想啥? |
[34:35] | What am I thinking? | 我想啥? |
[34:37] | I’m thinking my lapels are too wide, my hair’s too long. | 我想我的衣领太肥了,头发太长了。 |
[34:40] | And I was born with the wrong fork in my mouth. | 我出生的时候,嘴里没含着宝玉。 |
[34:44] | But if all goes well tomorrow, this paperboy from Winnipeg… | 如果明天一切顺利,这个温尼伯的报童 |
[34:47] | …is gonna own the 19th largest corporation in America. | 将拥有美国第19大的公司。 |
[34:52] | If I’m lucky, do I get to kiss your ring? | 如果我幸运的话,我可以吻你的戒指吗? |
[34:56] | That’s as good a place to start as any. | 这里是一切的好开始 |
[35:03] | Mr. Greeniaus is here. | Greeniaus先生到了。 |
[35:06] | Johnny. Johnny! | |
[35:07] | What do you think? | 你认为如何? |
[35:09] | They arrived just as I was leaving, it’s an awful lot to take in. | 在我要走了的时候他们才来,太糟了。 |
[35:13] | That can wait. I got something really important to tell you. | 那没关系,我有一件重要的事儿 |
[35:16] | More important than proposing we sink $2.5 billion into expanding our bakeries? | 比投入2.5个亿扩建饼干厂还重要? |
[35:21] | Cookieville, that’s a great name. | Cookieville,好名字呀! |
[35:23] | It’s all so wasteful, it’s unnecessary. | 太浪费了,一点必要没有呀! |
[35:25] | A $10 million computer to bring onions to the dough… | 价值1000万的自动生产线把洋葱加进面糊里…. |
[35:28] | …when all you need is a guy and a forklift. | 我们仅仅需要一个人和一把叉子就可以干 |
[35:31] | I’m gonna let you boys work this thing out. Good luck later. | 我将让你的人来做这件事,好运要来了! |
[35:34] | – My money’s on you. – Thank you. | 我的钱靠你了。 谢谢你。 |
[35:37] | Just cool it a minute. Can I get you a drink? | 先休息会儿,来一杯吧? |
[35:39] | – You want anything? – I’m good. | 你来点啥? 啥都行。 |
[35:41] | Good is cotton stockings next to great. | 幸运之神就要降临了! |
[35:45] | – I’m gonna make you rich. – You already have. | 我就要让你发大财了。 您已经让我发了。 |
[35:48] | You just think you are. All that changes today. | 你觉得你已经发了。 今天还会有巨变。 |
[35:50] | Sit down, partner. Come on, sit down. | 请坐,拍档。 来吧,请坐。 |
[35:54] | – Are you ready? – Yeah. | 你准备好了吗? 是的。 |
[35:59] | I’m going to buy out the company. | 我将收购这家公司。 |
[36:03] | I had no idea! | 我咋不知道这个主意! |
[36:04] | Gonna wrap it up in a week, 10 days at the most. | 方案已经筹备了一星期了,最多是天完成 |
[36:07] | You’re doing this with Ed and three others from management? | 你准备和艾德他们三个高管一起干? |
[36:11] | – Right. – Why not everybody? | 正是。 为什么不大家一起呢? |
[36:13] | Why didn’t you include all of us? | 为什么不包括我们所有人呢? |
[36:15] | If this deal goes through… | 假如这笔交易通过 |
[36:17] | …the debt load might force a few divisions to go on the block. | 沉重的债务将会迫使一些部门被分离出去 |
[36:21] | Obviously I can’t have partners owning the company with me… | 很明显,某些人不能和我共同拥有这家公司 |
[36:24] | …who aren’t even gonna be with the company. | 因为他们将离开 |
[36:26] | – You’re not gonna sell off Nabisco? – I’d rather not if I don’t have to. | 你会不会卖掉Nabisco? 不到迫不得已不会。 |
[36:31] | My God, how can you do this? | 上帝,你咋能这样!? |
[36:32] | You’re talking about company expansion and then you’re talking about ditching it! | 我们还在考虑扩张公司,而你却要抛弃它。 |
[36:37] | Whatever happens, you’re safe. | 无论如何,你都不会失业。 |
[36:40] | After the incredible way you’ve run the food division. | 因为你出色的运营了Nabisco! |
[36:43] | There’s no question about whoever buys it’s gonna keep you on. | 毫无疑问,无论是谁收购,你都会留下! |
[36:47] | If you’re not happy with the new brass, your severance deal plus your… | 如果你对新东家不满意,你的补偿金加上股票 |
[36:51] | …50,000 shares of Nabisco… | 5万股Nabisco的股票。 |
[36:54] | …you could walk away with $7 million, maybe more! | 你等拿走700万美金,也许更多! |
[36:57] | We’re not talkin’ just “fuck you” money, we’re talkin’ “fuck everybody” money! | 我们不是在说你的钱,而是大家的钱 |
[37:03] | Fuck everybody? Right. Fuck everybody. | 所有人的钱 是的,每个人的 |
[37:07] | Wish me luck? | 祝我好运吧! |
[37:08] | I just pray you get it. I really do. | 祝你成功,但愿吧! |
[37:11] | Thank you, I appreciate that. | 谢谢,我对此表示感谢! |
[37:14] | Mr. Chairman, members of the board… | 董事长先生,各位董事会成员。 |
[37:16] | … I don’t have to tell anyone here… | 相信我不说各位也知道 |
[37:19] | … that RJR Nabisco has remained wildly undervalued… | RJR Nabisco的股价被严重低估了。 |
[37:23] | … despite our steady yearly profits… | 尽管我们逐年稳定的盈利 |
[37:26] | …despite your management’s best efforts to increase shareholder values. | 尽管我们管理层尽最大努力为股东带来最大价值 |
[37:30] | After a lot of study… | 经过大量的研究之后 |
[37:32] | …after exploring every conceivable option, we feel that the best possible way… | 研究了每一种可选项,我们认为最好的方式是…. |
[37:37] | …the only way to recognize those values is… | 唯一能够体现我们公司价值的方法是….. |
[37:42] | …through a leveraged buyout. | 通过杠杆实现管理层收购 |
[37:45] | That’s awfully radical, isn’t it? | 这是不是太急进了? |
[37:48] | The wolf isn’t exactly at the door around here. | 没有狼在门外等着我们。 |
[37:51] | I’m not pushing the panic button. | 没必要恐慌。 |
[37:53] | I’m simply offering it as the one option that best looks after our shareholders. | 我只是提供一个选择,来实现股东的最大利益 |
[37:58] | You don’t think the shares will get a big boost once we start selling Premiers? | 你不认为总理香烟上市以后,股价会暴涨? |
[38:03] | They’re still a crapshoot. I’m talking about a bird in the hand. | 总理为时尚早,我们要谈的是现在 |
[38:06] | I’m talking about putting a mountain of money into everybody’s pocket. | 我说的是现在就把钞票塞满各位的口袋 |
[38:11] | You believe what you have in mind is doable? | 你相信的方案行得通? |
[38:14] | Absolutely. And at a figure much higher than the stock is selling for today. | 当然,这个数字会远远高过现在的股价 |
[38:19] | What stage are you at? How far along has this gone? | 你现在准备的如何了,你做到什么程度了呢? |
[38:23] | I can only tell you that if the board gives us a green light… | 我现在只能说,如果董事会放行… |
[38:26] | …we’d be in a position to wrap it up very quickly. I’d say in a matter of days. | 我们将很快给出方案,几天之内! |
[38:32] | We’d wanna be sure the number you’re thinking about is not frivolous. | 我们想听听这个报价有没有诱惑,也许不是信口雌黄 |
[38:37] | You’ll have to define frivolous for me, Mr. Chairman. | 你说我信口雌黄,董事长先生!? |
[38:41] | I’d say your offer has to be north of the highest price… | 我要说,这个价格必须高于公司股价的历史最高 |
[38:45] | …this company’s ever traded at. | 历史最高! |
[38:48] | Would you say that $75 a share meets that geographic requirement? | 您认为75美金可以满足这个要求么? |
[38:58] | I suggest you and your group leave the room… | 我建议你和你的团队暂时离席, |
[39:01] | …so the board can discuss your proposal. | 董事会将认真讨论你的建议 |
[39:05] | Thank you, Mr. Chairman. Thank you all, and happy reading. | 谢谢董事长先生,谢谢各位 |
[39:14] | That was a good job, buddy. | 干得不错么,爷们! |
[39:16] | Keep everything crossed. | 面面俱到 |
[39:18] | It was a perfect pitch, perfect. | 一次很完美的表述,很完美 |
[39:22] | – You’re not nervous, are you? – Hell, no. | 你紧张么? 不! |
[39:25] | I always take a leak with my fly closed. | 我差点不解开拉链就尿了! |
[39:29] | The LBO, according to the company’s official release… | 根据公司发布的消息,这桩杠杆收购案…. |
[39:32] | … would be the largest takeover in corporate history. | 将是世界上最大的一桩 |
[39:36] | In a surprise move, the company’s chief executive officer, F. Ross Johnson… | 出乎意料,这家公司的CEO罗斯约翰逊 |
[39:40] | … today offered his stockholders $17.6 billion… | 今天向股东提出了176亿美元收购公司的计划 |
[39:45] | … for their shares of RJR Nabisco… | 来收购他们持有的RJR Nabisco股票。 |
[39:47] | … suppliers of such famous products as Oreos, Camels, Winstons and Salems. | 该公司的驰名产品包括奥利奥饼干,骆驼香烟等 |
[39:53] | $17 billion. | 170亿美金。 |
[39:55] | Now that’s cigarette money! | 印在烟卷儿上的钱! |
[39:58] | Charlie threw me a real curve putting out that goddamn press release so fast. | 媒体的动作时真他娘的快 |
[40:02] | How could Peter Cohen not have anticipated it? | 怎么Peter Cohen没有想到这些? |
[40:05] | It’s $17 billion, for Christ’s sake! | 170亿美金!以上帝的名义 |
[40:08] | It’s like trying to sweep a ton of shit under the carpet! | 咋好像是地毯下面倒了一吨大粪! |
[40:11] | I can’t believe we’re off to this kind of start. | 我没有想到会是这样的开始 |
[40:14] | Have you talked to Jim? | 你和Jim说了么? |
[40:16] | You’re damn right, I have! His ass is on the line, too! | 对呀,他已经上了这条贼船 |
[40:19] | If Shearson blows this, he has his own board to answer to. | 万一Shearson把事情搞砸了, 他对自己的董事会也没法交代 |
[40:22] | – My God! – What? | 我天! 咋了? |
[40:24] | Is your TV on? | 你的电视开着吗? |
[40:29] | Senator, you’re no Jack Kennedy. | 参议员,您不是Jack Kennedy。 |
[40:32] | Which channel? | 哪个频道? |
[40:33] | Four! 4! | |
[40:34] | That was really uncalled for, Senator. | 这是多此一举,参议员。 |
[40:36] | As I said earlier, we are at the corporate headquarters of RJR Nabisco. | 正如我刚才说的,我们正在RJR Nabisco总部 |
[40:41] | The board meeting is happening right now as we circle the building. | 董事会马上就要开始,门口被围的水泄不通…. |
[41:12] | – Good morning, George. – Morning. | 早上好,George。 早上好。 |
[41:23] | $75 a share? Do you believe the gall? | 75美金一股,你相信吗? |
[41:28] | He’s trying to steal the company. They’re going for a slam-dunk. | 他试图窃取公司,想速战速决 |
[41:35] | He’s trying to pull it off before anyone else can come up with another bid. | 在其他人竞争之前,完成收购 |
[41:41] | I was the one who gave Johnson the idea for a buyout in the first place. | 我是第一个建议约翰逊收购的 |
[41:47] | Laid it all out for him! | 帮他奠定了基础 |
[41:50] | There has to be some minimal appreciation on his part for how the system works. | 他应当感激我 |
[41:56] | Some respect for the rules. | 大家都尊敬的游戏规则 |
[41:59] | First time in the jungle, I guess. | 第一次碰到了丛林法则,我说。 |
[42:01] | I’m not giving him any points for innocence. | 我不认为他是清白的。 |
[42:04] | He got the art of the double-cross down real fast. | 他的两面嘴脸变得很快 |
[42:11] | Of all the people in the world, why Peter Cohen? | 为什么不是别人,偏偏是Peter Cohen呢? |
[42:15] | Shearson has no real experience with leveraged buyouts. | Shearson没有足够的杠杆收购经验。 |
[42:18] | You sure don’t start with the biggest one ever. | 头一回下水,肯定不敢玩儿最大的 |
[42:22] | It’s because of Jim, you figure? | 难道因为Jim? |
[42:25] | Word is, Johnson’s hired Linda to do his PR. | 就是说,约翰逊聘用Linda来处理公共关系 |
[42:30] | Is that a fact or just a rumor? | 是事实还是仅仅是个传言? |
[42:33] | Rumor’s just a premature fact. | 谣传就是不成熟的真相。 |
[42:37] | Linda. Linda。 | |
[42:38] | It makes no sense you didn’t sew up the deal before disclosing it! | 在公布之前,应当保密的滴水不漏 |
[42:41] | – Why’d you leave us so vulnerable? – Isn’t anybody listening? | 是谁搞得满城风雨 你听见了么?! |
[42:44] | I didn’t disclose it. Charlie Hugel sprung that press release. | 没人走漏消息 是Charlie Hugel发布了那篇新闻。 |
[42:48] | Ross thinks you should’ve anticipated it and so do I. | 罗斯认为你早该预料到,我也这么想 |
[42:50] | I’m not running the PR on this deal, am I? | 我不负责公共关系,对么? |
[42:53] | Charlie’s advertising. He’s fishing, hoping somebody will top Ross’ offer. | Charlie在宣传,他在钓鱼, 希望能出现更高的报价 |
[42:57] | Never. Nobody else is gonna step up with a higher number. | 不太可能,没人能出更高的数字 |
[43:00] | Nobody else has the muscle. | 没有人有这个实力 |
[43:02] | Nobody but Henry. | Henry除外。 |
[43:03] | He’d never give Ross what we have. | 他不会给罗斯现在的条件 |
[43:05] | You got a picture of Henry allowing Ross total control? | Henry会允许Ross完全控股么? |
[43:09] | Trust me. In a week, this is a done deal. 。 | 相信我。木已成舟,只需一周, |
[43:14] | Mrs. Robinson on Line 2. | Robinson夫人在二号线。 |
[43:19] | Linda? Linda? | |
[43:20] | Henry. Henry。 | |
[43:21] | You just floored us with this RJR thing. | 你们刚从我们这里抢走了RJR的生意。 |
[43:23] | Are you aware that we gave that idea to Johnson in the first place? | 你是不是知道是我们第一个给约翰逊这个主意的 |
[43:27] | We won’t sit this one out on the sidelines, you understand that? | 我们不会旁观,你明白么? |
[43:31] | I do. | 当然了。 |
[43:32] | I want you to make that clear to everyone and I want to hear back, soonest. | 我想每个人都应当清楚,我希望尽快收到回音 |
[43:37] | – He’s pissed. – Tough. | 他太嚣张了 态度强硬 |
[43:40] | – He won’t sit on the sidelines. – He only has to sit there a few days. | 他说他不会只是袖手旁观。 袖手几天之后他就知道了。 |
[43:43] | He said he’s the one that gave Ross the idea for the leveraged buyout. | 他说杠杆收购的注意是他第一个给罗斯的 |
[43:47] | And Ross decided to go with us. So? | 可罗斯决定和我们合作 |
[43:49] | LBOs are his game. He invented them. | 杠杆收购是他的游戏,他的发明。 |
[43:51] | He doesn’t want you playing in his sandbox. | 他不想你在他的游戏场里面玩儿 |
[43:54] | I’ll make a note to be scared. Come on, what can he do about it? | 我快被他吓倒了,来吧,他能干啥呢? |
[43:58] | Why don’t you meet with him and find out? | 你为啥不会会他谈一谈呢? |
[44:00] | – Why don’t I find out, then meet with him? – Henry is not a man you stonewall. | 谈什么呢,会会他? Henry不好糊弄 |
[44:04] | Not Henry Kravis, not KKR. | 既不是Henry Kravis, 也不是KKR。 |
[44:07] | You’re gonna need to raise a lot of money. | 你需要筹很多的钱。 |
[44:09] | – What does that mean? – Henry could be very helpful. | 那又怎么样? 或许Henry可以帮你。 |
[44:12] | I’m not in the water yet and you’re calling for a lifeguard? | 我还没掉进水塘,你就喊救生员了? |
[44:15] | You have to meet with him. At worst, it’s simply good politics. | 你必须见见他! 这不是最差的选择。 |
[44:19] | Ross is up from Atlanta. My guess is he flew up under his own steam. | Ross从亚特兰大回来了。 他现在在飞机上 |
[44:25] | See you later. | 以后再见。 |
[44:30] | Why does anyone have to meet with him at all? | 为什么非要和他见面? |
[44:33] | Jim thinks it’s best. And so do I. | Jim认为这样最好,我也是这样想。 |
[44:36] | Why? What does any of this have to do with Henry Kravis? | 为哈呀?为哈所有的事儿都有Henry Kravis点儿啥啥? |
[44:40] | A million people talked to me about doing an LBO. So he was the first. | 大家都在谈杠杆收购,只不过他是第一个 |
[44:43] | Am I supposed to send Thomas Edison 2 cents every time I turn a light on? | 是不是每次锯木头的时候,都要给鲁班大师两毛钱呢? |
[44:48] | I just don’t understand the purpose of meeting with him. | 我不明白见他的目的何在? |
[44:51] | Henry Kravis isn’t the Pope, for Christ’s sake. | Henry Kravis也不是教皇,看在上帝的份儿上。 |
[44:53] | Or did he buy up all the shares in the Vatican? | 难道他收购了梵蒂冈? |
[44:56] | We must gauge his intentions, see if he’s gonna stay out… | 我们必须了解他的意图,看他是否打算置身事外 |
[44:58] | …or if he can be a part of this that can be to our mutual advantage. | 或者,如果能一起合作,对我们双方都有利 |
[45:02] | – I should talk to him. – Better for Peter to do it. | 我应该和他谈谈。 Peter最好这样做 |
[45:05] | – He and Henry speak the same language. – Hell, I speak bullshit. | 他和Henry讲同一种语言 天,难道我是胡说。 |
[45:09] | – I picked it up my first day in New York. – Trust me. | 我到纽约的第一天我就知道咋回事儿了。 相信我。 |
[45:16] | How are you? | 你好吗? |
[45:21] | I’m trying to stay alive till my kids graduate. | 我可想活到我儿子大学毕业 |
[45:23] | Do you mind? | 你介意吗? |
[45:25] | Aren’t they really better after dinner? | 先吃饭不是更好? |
[45:31] | I’d be very surprised if you ended up buying RJR Nabisco at $75. | 我将非常吃惊,如果你能以75美金 一股收购RJR Nabisco。 |
[45:35] | Why is that? | 为什么呢? |
[45:36] | We’ve been looking at this company for a long time. | 我们关注这家公司很久了。 |
[45:39] | $75 is cheap, very cheap. | 75美金一股太便宜了,实在是便宜。 |
[45:43] | It’s what Ross wants. We’re just setting up the financing for him. | 这是罗斯的想法,我们只是帮他融资 |
[45:47] | – What’s Shearson getting? – A normal payoff, nothing special. | Shearson得到了些啥? 常规收益,没啥特别的。 |
[45:51] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[45:53] | 5, 10, 15, 30 percent of the company, what? | 公司5%、10%、15%、30%的股权,或者? |
[45:57] | In that range. | 也就这样。 |
[45:59] | What’s Johnson’s deal? | 约翰逊呢? |
[46:00] | Also somewhere between zero and 100 percent? | 同样也是0%-100%之间的股权吗? |
[46:03] | – How much of the company will he own? – Obviously, those figures are confidential. | 他将持有公司的多少股份呢? 显然,那些数字是保密得。 |
[46:10] | We have to be in on this. | 我们必须参与这件事情 |
[46:13] | You understand? | 你明白吗? |
[46:16] | I didn’t give this idea to Johnson just so he could send me an “up yours” card. | 我们给他出这个主意并不是仅仅为了得到一张优先证 |
[46:21] | Maybe there’s some way we can work this out. | 我们能够利用某些方法计算出… |
[46:25] | Work it out how? | 算出啥? |
[46:28] | There are a couple of options. We can compete. | 很多种可能,比如我们参与竞争 |
[46:31] | That would drive the price up and make the debt so high nobody could win. | 那就会互相抬价,最后谁的无利可图 |
[46:35] | Or you could sell us Ross’ food business, take tobacco for yourself. | 或者你可以把食品业务卖给我们,烟草你们自己留着? |
[46:40] | We’re not looking for partners. | 我们不想找搭档 |
[46:43] | In that case, you could just step aside. | 那,你可能就要靠边站了 |
[46:46] | Are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑吗? |
[46:47] | You want us to step aside after all we’ve done on this? | 我们已经做了这么多,你想让我们出局? |
[46:50] | We’d honor that. We’d pay you a fee for your services. | 我们很感激,会为你们的工作付费的 |
[46:52] | Say, $125 million? | 1.25亿美金,怎么样? |
[46:56] | Plus an option to buy a 10 percent stake in the company. | 外加公司10%的股票期权 |
[46:59] | Are you serious? | 当真么? |
[47:01] | I don’t believe this! You’re offering me a fucking bribe? | 我不敢相信!你想贿赂我? |
[47:06] | That’s an offensive word, offensive and untrue. | 这样说让人不爽,不好听而且不真实。 |
[47:09] | You’re offering me $125 million to take a cab and I’m offensive? | 你给我1.25亿美金塞牙缝,还嫌不好听? |
[47:13] | We’re just offering a variety of options. | 我们只是提供一种可能。 |
[47:16] | You can stick that one up a variety of asses. | 你用树枝艹我的屁眼 |
[47:19] | And stop tryin’ to good cop, bad cop me into the ground here! | 冒充好人,然后我变成混蛋? |
[47:24] | One way or another, we’re in on this. | 不管咋样,这事儿我们要加入! |
[47:27] | We’re not just gonna disappear. | 我们不会消失的。 |
[47:30] | You just decide whichever way you think is best and get back to us. | 你想一个对你们最好的方案,随时告诉我们 |
[47:34] | Right. I’ll do that! | 好吧,我也这么想 |
[47:38] | Before the board accepts your bid, of course. | 当然,这要在董事会接受你的报价之前 |
[47:41] | As soon as I can. | 我会尽快的。 |
[47:43] | – Love home. – You, too. | 想清楚 你也是。 |
[47:50] | With a quick answer from the board, we’ll be okay. | Jim,我们要尽快获得董事会的通过。 |
[47:53] | We’re just too many jumps ahead of them. | 我们要在他们前面快些行动 |
[47:57] | Our move. What do you think? | 我们的行动。你想啥呢? |
[48:03] | Napalm. | 凝固汽油弹。 |
[48:09] | What? You’re not serious! | 什么?你开玩笑吗? |
[48:13] | It’s Ross! It just came over the wire. | 是罗斯,刚刚得到消息… |
[48:15] | Henry’s made a tender offer to buy RJR Nabisco! | Henry决定竞标收购RJR Nabisco。 |
[48:18] | – Damn! How much? – $90 a share! | 天啦!他出多少? 每股90美金。 |
[48:22] | 90? 9-0? 90?9-0? | |
[48:24] | – $20 billion! – Jesus! | 200亿美金! 上帝呀! |
[48:31] | Somebody pissed somebody off! | 有人要较劲呢! |
[48:34] | I don’t know what happened in that meeting… | 我不知道那次会面发生了啥 |
[48:36] | …but someone put their finger up someone’s ass… | 但是有人把他们的手指插进了别人的屁眼。 |
[48:38] | …or Kravis wouldn’t be dropping this bomb on us! | 也许,Kravis不会在我们的头上扔炸弹。 |
[48:41] | Peter Cohen just sticks to raising money from now on. Is that understood? | Peter Cohen只是在筹钱。明白吗? |
[48:45] | First the press release, now this goddamn Kravis offer! | 显示讨厌的媒体,然后Kravis报价了。 |
[48:49] | You know how much more this deal is gonna cost? | 你知道这样下去,这桩交易会花多少钱么? |
[48:51] | Do you have any idea how crazy the stock is gonna go? | 你想想,股价会怎样暴涨 |
[48:54] | I want you to sell enough of my IBM to get me enough bread… | 我想卖掉IBM的股票换购尽可能多的RJR |
[48:57] | …to buy 1,000 shares of… | 买1000股。 |
[48:59] | That’s right, 1,000 shares of RJR… | 对了,1000股RJR。 |
[49:03] | Nabisco. Nabisco。 | |
[49:08] | Move along, please. | 请继续往前走! |
[49:11] | Anybody makes a tender offer, which is like what KKR just did… | 任何更高报价的收购要约 |
[49:15] | …and the company that’s for sale has to answer it within 10 days. | 待售公司必须在10天内回复。 |
[49:19] | That’s what the law says. | 法律是这样规定的。 |
[49:20] | Which means, Mr. Johnson’s bid… | 这意味着约翰逊先生的出价。 |
[49:23] | …is kind of like, on hold ’cause someone else stuck their foot in the door. | 被别人踹开了 |
[49:27] | Now, Mr. Johnson has to top what KKR has come up with. | 现在,约翰逊先生不得不提出超过KKR的报价 |
[49:32] | Plus, then they could turn around and top Mr. Johnson all over again. | 风头才可能专项约翰逊一边 |
[49:38] | Your husband’s got one fight on his hands. What can I tell ya? | 你的丈夫准备开战了,可以这样说吗? |
[49:46] | Honey? | 亲爱的! |
[49:48] | Lace me up. | 帮我系上 |
[49:50] | How do I look? | 我看着咋样? |
[49:52] | Good enough to eat, but we’re late already. | 我们已经晚了 |
[49:55] | Not too much? | 不会太晚 |
[49:57] | You’d get stares tonight wearing a gunnysack. | 今晚你将万众瞩目 |
[50:00] | We’re just not members of the club, babe. | 我不是俱乐部的会员,宝贝。 |
[50:03] | You haven’t had your face tightened or any basketballs removed from your hips. | 你的脸蛋要收一些,屁股下垂的好像有个篮球! |
[50:07] | And I’m not part of this uptown daisy chain… | 好像我不是这个阶层的一份子 |
[50:10] | …that never stops wheeling and dealing and screwing each other over. | 从来没有停止过彼此之间的摩擦 |
[50:14] | But they all like you. | 但是他们都喜欢你。 |
[50:15] | They’ve got an erection for my cookies and my cigarettes. | 他们已经在我的食品和香烟上得到了好处 |
[50:18] | They’re just being nice to the driver. | 他们对我这个公司驾驶员还不错 |
[50:21] | Anybody in this crowd not worth nine figures… | 随便哪个都是亿万富豪 |
[50:24] | …they think you’re on food stamps. | 他们觉得你是穷鬼! |
[50:34] | You are amazing. | 你狠惊人。 |
[50:36] | You didn’t know that? | 你不知道吗? |
[50:38] | Who else could bid $20 billion for a company and come home whistling? | 还有谁能刚做了一单200亿美金的生意, 轻松地吹着口哨回家! |
[50:43] | Ain’t no big thing, missy. | 这没什么大不了,小姐。 |
[50:45] | $20 billion is just 1 billion more than 19, is all it is. | 200亿美金只比190亿美多出10个亿而已 |
[50:53] | You want an idea of what $20 billion could get you these days? | 你知道200亿美金可以做些什么么 |
[50:57] | How about, you could retire one percent of our national debt. | 可以偿还美国国债的1% |
[51:01] | Or you could buy your own B-1 bomber. That’d be a first on the block, right? | 或者可以买一架B1轰炸机 |
[51:06] | I guess if you were really a sport… | 如果你是一个真正慷慨的人 |
[51:08] | … you could buy each of the homeless and every single person on the planet… | 你可以给地球上每一个乞丐买…. |
[51:12] | … a Big Mac, an order of fries and a Coke. | 一台苹果电脑,和一份麦当劳快餐 |
[51:15] | You could buy 80 million vowels on Wheel of Fortune. | 或者8亿个顶级轮胎 |
[51:19] | Or, this would only be a start, you could send Dan Quayle… | 还可以让奎尔副总统 |
[51:22] | … to the University of Indiana Law School for 6.8 million years. | 读上680万年的印第安纳大学法学院 |
[51:47] | Quite a splash you made today. | 你今天轰动了全场。 |
[51:49] | Darling, this is Ross Johnson. He came to dinner some time ago. | 亲爱的,这位是罗斯-约翰逊。 以前来过晚宴。 |
[51:52] | – My wife. – Laurie. Laurie。 | 我的老婆。 |
[51:54] | Darling, that was the name of our first jumper. | 亲爱的,那是我们第一次跳的 |
[51:57] | – A jumper’s a horse, isn’t it? – Get the picture? | 跳的什么?跳马? 你有印象? |
[52:00] | What you been up to, neighbor? | 您在干哈,爷们 |
[52:01] | Heard you been poking around for a little action. | 听说有人给你下拌儿 |
[52:04] | Just trying to keep you honest. | 想让你老实一点儿。 |
[52:13] | I think it’d be a good idea if you and I had a talk. | 我觉得我们谈谈是个不错的主意 |
[52:17] | You know where to find me. | 你知道在我在哪儿。 |
[52:33] | There was no need to escalate things by making that offer. | 没必要出那高的价格 |
[52:36] | You never gave me a chance to get back to you. | 你不给我机会 |
[52:40] | I said I was gonna call and I would have. | 我说过给你电话,我会的。 |
[52:42] | One of us better cut in. | 我们中一个最好退出 |
[52:43] | All we need is for Peter to throw some fresh shit on the fan. | Peter最后会弄一屁股屎,无法收拾。 |
[52:50] | I’m a person who does whatever he says he’s going to do. | 我说到做到,言必信行必果! |
[52:53] | That makes two of us, doesn’t it? | 我们不都是这样,对么? |
[52:58] | Teddy Forstmann, Forstmann Little. | 罗斯,我是Teddy Forstmann,Forstmann小买卖 |
[53:00] | Nice to see you. My wife, Laurie. | 很高心见到你。我的太太,Laurie。 |
[53:02] | – Great pleasure. This is Tiffany Ford. – Howdy, ma’am. | 很高兴见到你。这位是Tiffany Ford。 您好,夫人。 |
[53:06] | You must be the new school marm. | 你一定是新来的女生 |
[53:08] | I’d love to talk to you. Any chance of our getting together? | 我想和你谈谈。有没有时间 |
[53:11] | I’ll save you the next dance. | 下一曲我们一起跳 |
[53:13] | What I wanted to talk to you about was the… | 我想和您谈的是 |
[53:17] | – Wall street. – Perfect. | 华尔街。 完美。 |
[53:18] | You got the hots for her, he’s got the hots for you. | 你和他老婆混熟了。 她老公也和你混熟了,各怀鬼胎! |
[53:40] | I’ll be back, babe. Go get yourself some chow. | 我一会儿就回来,你先去吃些点心 |
[53:48] | Bill Woodfield, First Boston Group. | 罗斯,我是Bill Woodfield,第一波士顿集团。 |
[53:50] | We can help you with your deal by taking advantage… | 我们可以在利用税法漏洞等方面…. |
[53:52] | …of tax loopholes you may not be aware of. | 为你的交易提供帮助 |
[53:55] | Give me a call, okay? | 给我电话吧,好吗? |
[53:58] | In a sec. | 我会尽快。 |
[54:31] | If you guys can take a piss and a compliment at the same time… | 如果你能听到有人咬着牙恭维您…. |
[54:34] | …I’d like to say that was a whale of an offer you came up with today. | 我是说,你爆出了一个惊人的价格 |
[54:38] | $90 a share is a great tribute to the way I’ve run the company. | 每股90美金是对我管理公司 能力的最好的赞美。 |
[54:41] | You’ve done a tremendous job. | 你做的确实不错。 |
[54:44] | You’ll understand if I don’t shake your hand right now. | 我现在不和你我手,你知道原因哈 |
[54:52] | I don’t know what happened between you and Cohen… | 我不知道,你和Cohen之间发生了什么…. |
[54:55] | …but, from now on, I do all the talking. | 但是,从现在开始,我来和你谈 |
[54:58] | Seems to me, you and I did talk once. | 在我看来,你我已经有过一次了。 |
[55:02] | At least I remember our conversation, every word. | 我记得我们谈话的每一个字 |
[55:04] | No matter where the idea came from, I’m not looking for a bidding war. | 不管原因如何,我不希望竞价战 |
[55:09] | Why don’t we sit down and try to hold this to a mere $20 billion deal? | 为什么我们不坐下来,把竞价定格在200个亿呢? |
[55:14] | Makes a whole lotta sense. | 整不好会多很多。 |
[55:16] | We can figure out how to be on the same side. | 我们可以想想如何合作 |
[55:18] | All I need to know about is you won’t get on my back… | 现在我想知道,你会不会在背后给我一刀 |
[55:21] | …about cutting down on planes and golf courses and all that other stuff. | 看到我的专机、高尔夫俱乐部和其他的福利 |
[55:25] | That’s not what’ s important to us. | 那些对我们不重要。 |
[55:27] | We don’t mind an extra plane ride or two. | 我们不在乎一两架飞机。 |
[55:30] | – Just space shuttles are out, right? – It might be a lot cheaper. | 只有航天飞机会被砍掉,对么 那个太便宜了! |
[55:34] | What’s RJR up to now? Ten corporate jets? | RJR到现在有几架飞机? 十架飞机 |
[55:37] | Twenty-six full-time pilots? | 26位全职飞行员。 |
[55:40] | Word is that hangar you built in Atlanta cost your stockholders $12 million. | 你在亚特兰大建的机库就花了股东1200万美金。 |
[55:44] | Those stockholders have a management group… | 股东们有我们这样一个管理团队…… |
[55:46] | …that brings in a steady billion a year in profits. | 每年给他们带来好几十亿美金的利润 |
[55:48] | Nothing wrong in giving them whatever it takes to make their job easier. | 一点点高福利,让我们工作 更方便一些,无可厚非 |
[55:52] | What the hell? A few million dollars are lost in the sands of time, I always say. | 天哪,几百万美金没了,我总是在说 |
[55:56] | So do we talk, or not? | 那么,我们能不能谈谈/ |
[55:59] | – Just say when, we’ll be there. – You got it. | 定个时间,我们会来 好吧 |
[56:02] | And let’s just keep this to ourselves, okay? | 还有,这是我们之间的秘密,OK? |
[56:05] | I would like just once to pick up a paper without seeing any news in it. | 我从来不看报纸上的新闻 |
[56:09] | I couldn’t agree more. | 我赞成 |
[56:12] | – This was a good talk. – I do well in toilets. | 我们谈得很好 还是尿的更爽 |
[56:24] | If Henry Kravis was CEO of any other company in the country except his own… | 如果让Henry Kravis担任其他美国公司 的CEO,不是他自己的公司 |
[56:29] | …they’d put him in a straitjacket! | 他会给公司穿上紧身衣 |
[56:32] | They’d take him away in a rubber limo. | 你只能开这破车出门 |
[56:34] | Henry Kravis pays out these incredible sums… | Henry Kravis可以支付如此大的资金…… |
[56:37] | …because his money is all junk bond crap! | 因为他的钱全都是些扯蛋的垃圾债券。 |
[56:40] | It’s phony! He’s phony! He’s a fuckin’ fraud! | 垃圾!他是骗子。 他是该死的骗子。 |
[56:44] | If you don’t like him, don’t beat around the bush. | 你不喜欢他,也没有必要这样攻击他 |
[56:46] | It’s not personal. My focus is not on that goddamn megalomaniac! | 这不是私人恩怨,我来也不是说这个的 |
[56:51] | What kills me is that these quick-buck artists like Kravis… | 我要说的是,像Kravis这样挣快钱的人渣….. |
[56:55] | …they don’t give a rat’s ass about the companies they buy. | 他们收购的公司根本就没有活路 |
[56:59] | I’ve said this in the Wall Street Journal. | 我再《华尔街日报》上说过…… |
[57:02] | All they want is their steady flow of these outrageous fees. | 他们唯一想做的,就是无耻的从公司里榨取稳定的现金流 |
[57:07] | They don’t care if they throw the whole country into a depression. | 他们不在意让我们的国家陷入萧条 |
[57:11] | Let me tell you about Forstmann Little. | 现在我说一下我的Forstmann Little公司 |
[57:14] | At Forstmann Little what you get is reality. | Forstmann Little做实在生意 |
[57:17] | My brother and I are real people! | 我的兄弟和我是实在人 |
[57:20] | – Real people with real money! – We’ll talk, all right? | 实在的钱,实在的人 我们在谈,好吗? |
[57:24] | I gotta use that. | 我来次大的。 |
[57:25] | Forget KKR, forget Drexel Burnham. | 忘记KKR吧,忘记垃圾债吧 |
[57:28] | In the last five years, Forstmann Little has sold the companies we bought… | 在过去的5年里,Forstmann Little 卖掉了我们买下的所有公司。 |
[57:32] | …for up to 10 times more than we paid for them! | 赚了超过10倍! |
[57:36] | – Okay, we’ll talk. – How about tomorrow? | 好的,我们下次? 明天如何? |
[57:38] | – You got it. – Everybody’s gonna try to promote you. | 你安排 每个人都想找你。 |
[57:41] | I just wanna make sure you’re going with the best! | 我希望你能找到最好的。 |
[57:43] | Right. | 对了。 |
[57:49] | Wally McNabb. I’m with Drexel Burnham. | 罗斯,我是Wally McNabb,Drexel Burnham公司。 |
[58:00] | – She eats like a bird. Did you notice that? – Carolyne? I know, they all do. | 她像鸟一样吃东西,你注意了吗? Carolyne?我知道,他们都那样。 |
[58:06] | I think they have a weight clause in their prenuptial deals. | 我认为他们的婚前协议里有一个重要的条款…. |
[58:11] | They put on one extra ounce or a wrinkle, they get sent to the used-wife lot. | 如果体重多加了一盎司,或者一道皱纹, 就会遭遇退货变成前妻 |
[58:15] | Good thing you’re different. | 好在你不会这样 |
[58:17] | “Howdy, ma’am. You must be the new schoolmarm.” | “你好,夫人,你一定是新来的女生/ |
[58:22] | Thought you were gonna pop your Levi’s. | 我要撕掉你的里维斯牛仔! |
[58:24] | You still don’t understand me, do you? | 你还是不了解我,是不是? |
[58:27] | To me the most important thing about a woman is her mind. | 对我来说,女人最重要的是大脑。 |
[58:31] | Does she mind if I do this? | 如果我这样做,她介意吗? |
[58:34] | – Or does she mind if I do this? – Do me cowboy. | 或者她是否介意我这样做呢? 做我的牛仔。 |
[58:42] | You know her one big treat everyday? Carolyne’s? Her fix, she calls it. | 你知道她每天的大餐是啥 Carolyne吗?她的食谱。 |
[58:47] | A glass of milk and one Oreo. | 一杯牛奶外加一块奥利奥饼干。 |
[58:49] | – Just one? We’ll never get rich that way. – Rich? | 只一块,我们公司指着她算是完蛋了 完蛋? |
[58:52] | Henry Kravis just gave the Metropolitan Museum $10 million. | Henry Kravis刚刚捐给市博物馆1000万美金。 |
[58:56] | No wonder he can’t afford more than one Oreo. | 难怪他只买得起一块奥利奥 |
[59:00] | – Harder. – Any second now. | 更难。 第二次了! |
[59:03] | – She’s his second wife. – It takes one to know one. | 她是他的第二个媳妇 一个接一个来讲吧。 |
[59:08] | He must be crazy about her. | 他一定疯狂地迷上她了。 |
[59:10] | He put up $3 million just so Carolyne could open her own fashion house. | 他给她300万美金,Carolyne开了她的时装屋。 |
[59:15] | Can you imagine? | 你能想象吗? |
[59:17] | Didn’t I bring you a dozen golf balls last week? | 我上周不也带你打了一回高尔夫球? |
[59:21] | Do you think you’re gonna do this buyout with him? | 你会和他一起收购么 |
[59:24] | I don’t know. There’s a lot of teeing up going on, but nobody’s on the green. | 说不好。很多事情说不清 |
[59:29] | You know what happened after he bought out the Safeway chain? | 你知道,在他收购Safeway公司之后发生了什么吗? |
[59:32] | Thousands of employees got laid off. | 上万人被解雇 |
[59:37] | People who’d had their jobs forever. | 那些在公司很多年的员工 |
[59:39] | Adellie, my leg waxer, one of her cousins was one of the guys who got fired. | Adellie,我的美容师,他的表弟就被解雇了 |
[59:44] | Eighteen years he drove a truck for them. | 为公司开了18年的卡车。 |
[59:49] | It happens. | 有时候是这样 |
[59:53] | He parked the truck one last time, he went home and he shot himself. | 他最后一次停下卡车回到家,开枪自杀了! |
[1:00:01] | What do you know? | 现在你想…. |
[1:00:02] | Let’s all take a beat and get real about everything. | 让我们现实一点考虑吧 |
[1:00:06] | What makes the most sense is for us to join forces and fall in with Henry Kravis. | 现实的做法是和Henry Kravi联合收购 |
[1:00:10] | That way the board only has to consider a $90 share… | 这样,董事会只能考虑每股90美金的报价。 |
[1:00:13] | …which we know they’d snap up in a second. | 他们会抢先动手 |
[1:00:16] | If we try to out bid each other, no matter who wins… | 如果我们相互竞价,无论谁赢….. |
[1:00:19] | …the company’ll be impossible to manage because the debt load will be crushing. | 公司都很难正常运转,债务太沉重了! |
[1:00:23] | – Do you have a problem with that? – You’re the boss. | 你有啥问题吗? 你是老板。 |
[1:00:26] | But if we need a higher bid, I can restructure the financing. | 但是如果我们有个更高的报价, 我可以继续融资 |
[1:00:29] | There’s other money around. Henry’s not the only one with resources in this town. | 哪儿都能找到钱。Henry不是本城唯一一个有钱的人。 |
[1:00:33] | Is this your business sense talking, or am I getting an earful of your ego? | 这是你的商业直觉还是因为你的自负? |
[1:00:38] | Listen, I don’t mind insults. | 听着,我在乎你挤兑我。 |
[1:00:42] | Just hold it. | 等下 |
[1:00:46] | Mr. Forstmann is here to see you. | Forstmann先生来看你了。 |
[1:00:48] | Now? | 现在? |
[1:00:50] | Give him a room. Ask him to wait. | 给他找个房间,让他等着. |
[1:00:52] | I can hold my own with the best of ’em, but nobody ever asked me to take a bribe! | 我可以和他们合作,但是我不会受他们的贿赂! |
[1:00:56] | Kravis was not asking you to take a bribe. That is not his style. | Kravis并没让你受贿呀,那不是他的风格! |
[1:01:00] | What you’re saying is you just can’t be partners with him, isn’t that it? | 你想说的是你不会和他们合作,对否? |
[1:01:04] | There’s no such thing as being partners with Henry. | 和Henry是不可能的 |
[1:01:07] | We will do business with whoever you say. | 我们愿意和任何人做生意 |
[1:01:11] | If you want us to take his offer, all you gotta do is say the word. | 如果你同意我们接受他的报价,你可以提出来! |
[1:01:15] | Am I right? | 我说的对吗? |
[1:01:19] | I think you and I should have a little powwow. | 我想我们可以祈祷 |
[1:01:21] | You guys can stay here, use the can, whatever, just give us a minute. | 你们可以在这儿等等,给我们点儿时间 |
[1:01:44] | Right in here. | 就在这里。 |
[1:01:48] | – Tough call. – Not the way I look at it. | 难说! 不是我想的那样 |
[1:01:51] | Were you serious about letting Ross dump us? | 你真的打算让罗斯抛弃我们? |
[1:01:54] | I had to give him the option. | 现在只能由他选择 |
[1:01:56] | I’m counting on his knowing where his best interests lie. | 我想让他知道,他的最大利益何在 |
[1:02:05] | I say you go home with the guy who brung ya. | 我说,你可以和你的人回家了。 |
[1:02:08] | I say we win with Shearson or we go out with Shearson. | 我说,我们赢了和Shearson,或者我们输了也和Shearson。 |
[1:02:12] | Kravis’ll eat you alive if you let him in, you know that. | 如果你让他也来,Kravis会生吃了你看,你知道的。 |
[1:02:15] | Not if I can sell him on letting me keep control of the company. | 如果他同意让我控制公司,就不会这样! |
[1:02:19] | I can’t see you throwin’ in with him. | 他不可能同意 |
[1:02:21] | Let’s face it, KKR is a varsity operation. | 我们还是面对现实吧 |
[1:02:24] | Our team’s been running around like a bunch of water boys with a leaky bucket. | 我们现在好像是在用竹篮子打水 |
[1:02:29] | Christ, Teddy Forstmann. | 天呀,Teddy Forstmann。 |
[1:02:32] | Yes? | 喂? |
[1:02:34] | Mr. Kravis and Mr. Roberts are at reception and Mr. Hugel’s on Line 1. | Kravis先生和Roberts先生在前台, Hugel董事长在1号线。 |
[1:02:38] | Mr. Horrigan will take Kravis and Roberts to the conference room. | Horrigan先生将带Kravis和Roberts到会议室。 |
[1:02:42] | Ask Mr. Hugel if I can… No, wait, I’ll talk to him. Hold it. | 告诉Hugel先生。 不,等一下,我和他谈谈。别挂。 |
[1:02:48] | Don’t let Kravis get anywhere near Forstmann. | 别让Kravis看见Forstmann。 |
[1:02:51] | I don’t want any blood on the carpets. | 他们要是打起来会整一地的血 |
[1:02:54] | Charlie! What’s on your mind, pal? | Charlie!你在想啥呢?朋友。 |
[1:02:56] | It’s a matter of some importance. A good deal of importance, I’d say. | 这有一点重要。很重要,我说。 |
[1:03:01] | – When do you leave town? – Tomorrow afternoon. | 你啥时走? 明天下午。 |
[1:03:04] | Buy me breakfast tomorrow? | 明天一起早茶? |
[1:03:17] | Jesus! | 上帝! |
[1:03:19] | If you’d like to come this way. | 如果你想这边走。 |
[1:03:27] | Let’s go in here. | 让我们这边来。 |
[1:03:36] | Where did anybody put Teddy… | Teddy在哪儿了? |
[1:04:04] | Ross thinks we should all talk. | 罗斯认为我们应当谈谈! |
[1:04:09] | Sure glad you guys don’t make cigars. | 很高兴你们不造雪茄。 |
[1:04:12] | Smoke bothers you? | 您讨厌抽烟? |
[1:04:14] | Only if I’m in the same city with it. | 最好别让我看见。 |
[1:04:17] | Fucking beautiful. | 妈的!漂亮! |
[1:04:24] | How ya doin’? Bill Woodfield, First Boston. | 你好?Bill Woodfield第一波士顿公司 |
[1:04:28] | I’ll be back. | 我一会儿就来。 |
[1:04:34] | – I’m sorry, I was in… – It’s okay. No problem. | 对不起,我在…… 没关系。没问题。 |
[1:04:37] | This is my brother, Nick. | 这是我的兄弟,Nick。 |
[1:04:38] | – How are you? – Great pleasure. | 你好吗? 非常好。 |
[1:04:39] | We’ve worked up some ideas for financing… | 我们已经就融资做了一个规划….. |
[1:04:41] | …based on, like I told you, real money with real people. | 像我和你说过的,实在的人,实在的钱 |
[1:04:45] | Not the kind of phony crap, this wampum, this funny money! | 不是骗子的那种垃圾钱 |
[1:04:48] | I gotta level with you. I’m meeting with Henry Kravis. | 我要和你说实话 我约了Henry Kravis。 |
[1:04:52] | I think it would be a huge mistake if you did that. | 你假如要是找他,那就是一个大错,特大! |
[1:04:55] | There’s no if I’m going to do it, I’m doing it. He’s in the office right now. | 没有假如,他已经来了,现在就在办公室 |
[1:05:00] | Now? | 现在 |
[1:05:02] | You’re meeting with Kravis now? | 你现在要见Kravis? |
[1:05:05] | That’s why we’ve been sitting around waiting… | 让我们的等了半天, |
[1:05:07] | …killin’ time, chokin’ on those new shit cigarettes? | 抽着你丫那些狗屎味儿的烟? |
[1:05:10] | – Where did you get a Premier? – In the other office. | 你哪儿来的总理? 在别的办公室里。 |
[1:05:13] | – Nobody’s supposed to smoke those. – I don’t think that’ll be a problem! | 谁也不能抽这个 我不认为那是个问题。 |
[1:05:16] | – They’re still in development. – I sure as hell hope so. | 他们还在研究试验 我们觉得也是。 |
[1:05:20] | Look, could you guys please just wait a little while? | 你看,你们可以稍微等一会儿吗? |
[1:05:24] | This thing with Henry might not work out at all. | 和Henry的这件事可能不会成。 |
[1:05:27] | Don’t you see this is our last chance? The bastards are at the city gates! | 你难道不知道这是我们的最后的机会? 野蛮人已经到了门口! |
[1:05:31] | Lets stand at the bridge together. | 让我们站在一起。 |
[1:05:32] | Let’s stand at the bridge and push the barbarians back! | 让我们站在一起,把那个野蛮人赶回去。 |
[1:05:36] | Right. Just give me a minute. | 对头。等我几分钟。 |
[1:05:44] | Thank you for coming. | 欢迎光临。 |
[1:05:46] | Hope you don’t mind meeting in here, all the men’s johns are full. | 希望您不要介意在这里谈,厕所都要满了。 |
[1:05:50] | The way I see it, we’re down to keep it simple time. | 我们直来直去的说吧 |
[1:05:54] | What really makes the most sense all around… | 目前最好的作法….. |
[1:05:56] | …is for us to do this buyout together. | 我们一起合作收购…. |
[1:05:58] | At the $90 a share you guys have proposed. | 就按你的出价,90美金一股, |
[1:06:01] | The way Peter structured it, my management group… | 按照Peter的计划,我们管理层…. |
[1:06:04] | …would own 20 percent of the company, right? | 将拥有20%的公司股权,对吗? |
[1:06:08] | In that area, yeah. | 对,差不多! |
[1:06:10] | We’d want to review that arrangement, it seems generous. | 我们想要了解一下此协议,似乎大方了些 |
[1:06:14] | Whatever it winds up, I’m suggesting that everything else gets split 50-50… | 无论如何,我希望其余的部分…. |
[1:06:18] | …between you and Shearson. | 在你和Shearson之间五五分成。 |
[1:06:20] | In addition to our customary one percent for our services? | 外加我们1%的咨询费是么? |
[1:06:23] | $200 million. | 大概2亿美金。 |
[1:06:25] | You might want to reconsider that amount. | 你可能想要重新考虑这一份额。 |
[1:06:28] | A lot of people are watching this process, including Congress. | 太多人在关注这件事情,包括国会。 |
[1:06:32] | We wouldn’t want to do anything… | 我们不会做任何….. |
[1:06:33] | …to hurt the business we’ve grown to love and admire. | 损害我们事业的事情 |
[1:06:36] | Is that it, then? | 好啊! |
[1:06:37] | Basically, those terms being acceptable, have we got ourselves a deal here? | 基本上,这些条件可以接受,我们现在达成协议了? |
[1:06:42] | We want Drexel Burnham to sell the bonds. | 我们想要Drexel Burnham来出售债券。 |
[1:06:45] | Instead of Shearson? | 而不是Shearson! |
[1:06:47] | They’re what a deal this size needs. | 他们的规模比较合适? |
[1:06:49] | They won’t affect your share. They work cheap, they’re the best. | 这不会缩小你的份额,他们要价低,做得好! |
[1:06:52] | They’re about to go before a grand jury because of their Milken-Boesky connection. | 米尔肯和一些丑闻有关,他们恐怕要吃官司 |
[1:06:56] | Just what we need, stationary from Alcatraz. | 我们所需要的只是,到Alcatraz岛度假。 |
[1:07:00] | Maybe you ought to think about that one. | 也许你们应该在考虑一下? |
[1:07:03] | We have thought about it. | 我们已经考虑过了。 |
[1:07:06] | With or without you, we’re going for this company. | 不管你们咋样,我们都要这家公司 |
[1:07:09] | We’re going for RJR Nabisco and Drexel’s doing it for us. | 我们要收购RJR Nabisco,Drexel为我们融资。 |
[1:07:13] | Are you firm on that? Is that a deal breaker? | 你是认真的么,有问题咋办?! |
[1:07:16] | It is. | 是的。 |
[1:07:17] | That, and one last point. | 也就是说,最后一点。 |
[1:07:20] | Why are we putzing around here? | 我们在这儿干么呢? |
[1:07:22] | Johnson put this company in play. I don’t need his permission… | 约翰逊在玩游戏,我们不需要他的许可 |
[1:07:25] | Give it a minute. | 给他些时间 |
[1:07:26] | If he doesn’t need me, I sure don’t need him. | 如果他不需要我,我也不需要他 |
[1:07:29] | Didn’t Don Kelly tell me you let him run his own company? | Don Kelly告诉我,您让他运营他自己的公司? |
[1:07:34] | Then you do remember our conversation that evening. | 你还记得那晚我们的谈话? |
[1:07:37] | Don runs a very tight ship. There’s no extravagance there. | Don把公司运营得很好,过得非常节俭。 |
[1:07:40] | Don’s got no air force. | Don也没有专机 |
[1:07:42] | No Team Nabisco that must cost the shareholders millions every year. | 像Nabisco这样的飞行中队,每年都会让股东多花几百万。 |
[1:07:45] | We require a lot more discipline. | 我们要加强我们的管束 |
[1:07:47] | We’d have to agree on how you’d run the company. | 你如何管理公司必须经过我们同意 |
[1:07:50] | Which is French for how you’d run me. | 你说的是你们如何管理我 |
[1:07:53] | However you want to put it. | 随你咋说 |
[1:07:55] | What you’re looking for is a hand puppet. | 你想要的只是一个傀儡。 |
[1:07:58] | If I said yes, you’d have yours up my ass all the way to your elbow. | 如果我同意,你们就要我从头到尾听你们的 |
[1:08:01] | There’s no way the banks are gonna let Drexel in either. | 银行也不可能让Drexel加入 |
[1:08:06] | Everybody’s firm on this? | 谁也不肯让步对吗? |
[1:08:08] | That’s it! We’ll make our own bid! | 够了,我们自己投标! |
[1:08:11] | Let’s get outta here before I throw up from being in the same building as Kravis! | 我们离开这里,我不想和Kravis 呆在同一个大楼里 |
[1:08:33] | Good riddance. | 谢天谢地,解脱了 |
[1:08:35] | Can’t stand smoke. Prick probably hates cookies, too. | 受不了香烟 Prick也可能讨厌饼干。 |
[1:08:40] | Fuck ’em. They’ll get theirs one day. | 混蛋。他们会遭报应的。 |
[1:08:43] | Hold the door. | 等等 |
[1:08:47] | Probably a lot sooner than you think. | 可能他们马上就要完蛋了 |
[1:08:53] | I just want my position as chairman of the company completely clear, Ross. | 罗斯,我只希望我的董事长的位置是肯定的 |
[1:08:57] | Obviously, you’re gonna have to go higher than $90 a share and so is Henry Kravis. | 很明显,你的报价必须高过90,当然Henry Kravis也一样 |
[1:09:01] | The highest bid is gonna win. | 价高者赢! |
[1:09:04] | Let’s just put the price of shares aside for a minute. | 我们先把股价放一放。 |
[1:09:07] | Let’s just screw all that. | 不说这个。 |
[1:09:09] | You know the only number that means anything at all to me? | 你知道我最关心的数字是啥? |
[1:09:13] | 140,000. You know what that is? | 14万。你知道是什么吗? |
[1:09:17] | The exact number of people who bake, pack, ship and truck for us. | 我们的员工总数,烘焙师、打包人员、 装运工、卡车司机等等所有人。 |
[1:09:22] | The more this company winds up costing… | 公司收购成本越高… |
[1:09:24] | …whoever winds up buying it, the more will get the ax. | 就要越来越多的裁员 |
[1:09:27] | That’s what’s on my mind. | 这才是我的想法。 |
[1:09:29] | Not this macho bullshit that has everybody slamming their dicks on the table. | 这不是大老爷们闲扯淡玩儿,是正经的 |
[1:09:33] | All I care about is making a killing for our shareholders… | 我所关心的是股东的利益 |
[1:09:36] | …without killing any of the people who punch in for us… | 但不能伤害我们的员工 |
[1:09:40] | …day after day, year after year. | 日复一日,年复一年… |
[1:09:42] | People who think of this company as a home. | 以公司为家的那些人 |
[1:09:47] | Do your best shot, then. | 才会做的最好。 |
[1:09:49] | I’m announcing that final offers must be submitted… | 我宣布,截止报价时间为: |
[1:09:51] | …by 5:00 p.m. at the next board meeting, 11 days from now. | 11天后的下午5点,下次董事会的时候 |
[1:09:56] | I’ll be ready. Ready for bear. | 我准备好了,准备承担。 |
[1:09:59] | I never thought you’d be anything less. | 我一直认为你是最棒的 |
[1:11:00] | Nothing. | 没啥 |
[1:11:04] | Poor darling, I wish I could cheer you up. | 小可怜的,我希望我能让你振作起来。 |
[1:11:07] | Pity we’re not in the country, you could go out and shoot something. | 可惜我们不是在乡下,不然你能出去打猎。 |
[1:11:12] | They’re absolutely stonewalling us, you know. | 他们显然是再拖延,你知道的。 |
[1:11:17] | George and me won’t arrive at a realistic offer for the company… | George和我不可能….. |
[1:11:21] | …without knowing its true value. | 在不知道公司真实的情况下给出一个现实的报价 |
[1:11:24] | The law says Johnson’s people have to cooperate with would-be buyers. | 法律规定,罗斯必须与潜在的买家合作 |
[1:11:28] | Have to tell us all they know about the company’s assets… | 必须披露公司资产的真实情况……. |
[1:11:30] | …about their liabilities, where it’s healthy, where it’s not. | 公司的债务,经营状况 |
[1:11:34] | Whether it’s out of fear or loyalty or acting on Johnson’s orders… | 无论是出于恐惧,或忠诚,或执行罗斯的命令。 |
[1:11:38] | …I don’t know, but not one of them will tell us a thing. | 我不知道,没有人向我提供信息 |
[1:11:41] | We’ve got less than a week to make an offer. We’re flying blind. | 还有一周就要报价了,我们却好像是盲人瞎马, |
[1:11:47] | Do you honest and truly need Nabisco? | 你真的想要Nabisco吗? |
[1:11:50] | Aren’t there any other companies that would make you just as happy? | 难道没有别的公司能让你快乐? |
[1:11:54] | It’s not the company, it’s the credibility. | 这不是公司的问题,是信誉问题。 |
[1:11:58] | My credibility. | 我的声誉 |
[1:12:01] | I can’t just sit on the bench and let other people play the game. | 我不能容忍别人玩我的玩具,我在一边旁观 |
[1:12:05] | Not my game. Not with their rules. | 我的游戏,他们的规则。 |
[1:12:09] | So, coach, what are you gonna do? | 哦,教练,您要做啥呢? |
[1:12:14] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道。 |
[1:12:17] | I just don’t know. | 我就是不知道。 |
[1:12:24] | Yeah? George. | 哦。George。 |
[1:12:28] | You’re not serious? | 当真? |
[1:12:30] | We’ve got ourselves a deep throat! | 我们找到了个卧底。 |
[1:12:33] | He knows where all the numbers and the bodies are buried. | 他知道公司的所有情况 |
[1:12:37] | He wants to talk to us. He wants to be our friend. | 他想和我们谈谈,想要成为我们的朋友。 |
[1:12:42] | Wait a minute. Hold it. Quick, put on Channel 4. | 等一会,别挂。快,换第4频道。 |
[1:12:45] | They’re smokeless cigarettes and are about to hit the market… | 这些是无烟香烟,即将上市 |
[1:12:48] | … but they’ve already come under sharp attack. | 但是他们必须做好被吐槽拍砖的准备 |
[1:12:50] | Today, three health groups said they should be classed not as cigarettes… | 今天,有三个健康组织声称,它们不能被叫做香烟….. |
[1:12:54] | … but as a drug, subject to regulation by the Food and Drug Administration. | 而应当作为药品,归FDA管 |
[1:12:58] | NBC’s Mike Jensen has sampled the reaction of them. | NBC的Mike Jensen试抽了一回…. |
[1:13:03] | Nothing. | 没啥。 |
[1:13:05] | Nothing. Zero. It’s like smoking blackboard chalk. | 没啥,啥也没有,就像在抽白粉笔。 |
[1:13:10] | Brilliant. It’s delightful. | 很明亮。很讨人喜欢。 |
[1:13:15] | Newspaper. | 报纸。 |
[1:13:17] | Another first for American technology. No wonder the Japanese are trembling. | 美国技术的另一个创新。难怪日本人都在发抖。 |
[1:13:23] | Jesus! Just what I need right now. | 天呀!这正是我所要的! |
[1:13:26] | Total strangers sticking pins in their Ross Johnson dolls. And in prime time. | 这些陌生人在指责罗斯约翰逊新产品,还是黄金时段! |
[1:13:31] | Are they as bad as they said? | 他们真有说的那么差? |
[1:13:33] | Premiers? I’ll level with you. | 总理吗?我实说吧。 |
[1:13:35] | When they were being tested, some people suggested we roll them in toilet paper. | 在市场测试的时候人们认为我们用擦过屁屁的纸卷的烟 |
[1:13:39] | Millions of dollars to develop. All those zeros right down the crapper! | 千万美元级别的投入打了水漂! |
[1:13:44] | You’re entitled. | 是你批准的 |
[1:13:45] | Year in year out, that’s the kind of money he makes for the company. | 有进有出,有赚有赔,公司就是这样的 |
[1:13:49] | People take winning for granted, sweetheart. | 人们总觉得成功是必然的 |
[1:13:51] | You lose a few bucks, they start looking at you like a virgin at an Aztec sacrifice. | 今天你赔了一点,他们就怀疑你,总觉得祭坛上那个不是处女 |
[1:13:56] | Premiers. Perfect name I thought. Titanics would’ve been a better one. | 总理。多好听的名字,我起的,泰坦尼克也不过是狗屎 |
[1:14:02] | Who the hell do you suppose got NBC to do that story? | 猜猜是谁指使NBC做这个节目的 |
[1:14:05] | Some people are always looking for bad news. | 有些人总是在找坏消息 |
[1:14:08] | Who told ’em Premiers were bad news? Jesus, what a town. | 谁说总理是坏消息?天,这是怎么了? |
[1:14:12] | If you didn’t have such tall buildings here you’d be up to your ass in vultures. | 如果你没有很多房子,你就是个贪婪的笨蛋 |
[1:14:19] | Peter would like us to try to raise our bid to $110 a share. | 罗斯,Peter想让我们把报价提高到每股110美金。 |
[1:14:24] | – Is that remotely feasible? – He thinks so. | 可行么! 他说问题不大。 |
[1:14:27] | He’s sure Henry could never go that high. He’s got such little information to go by. | 他确信Henry不会报这么高!他可靠的情报太少了。 |
[1:14:32] | It breaks your heart for poor Henry, doesn’t it? | 可怜的Henry,是吗? |
[1:14:34] | $110 means we’ll have to raise substantially more money… | 110美金意味着,我们还要筹集更多的钱。 |
[1:14:38] | …from the investors and the banks. | 从投资者和银行那里。 |
[1:14:41] | It would help tremendously if you’d cut back on your share. | 如果你削减你的股份,会为我们带来帮助 |
[1:14:45] | It would help tremendously. | 会是极大的帮助 |
[1:14:47] | Is Shearson going to cut back, too? Are you guys gonna take less? | Shearson也要削减吗? 你们都要要削减吗? |
[1:14:52] | Frankly, we don’t have as good a deal as you have. | 实话实说,我们没有你那么核算 |
[1:14:57] | I don’t know that anybody ever has. | 我不知道其他人的想法。 |
[1:15:01] | If your numbers were to get out, as they stand now… | 如果你拿的数字被泄露出去, |
[1:15:03] | …you’d probably get a lot of flack about it. | 你恐怕会有很多的麻烦 |
[1:15:06] | – Especially from your board. – Why would they ever get out? | 特别是在董事会那里 为啥会有消息走漏? |
[1:15:09] | Where did that Premier story come from tonight? | 刚才总理的新闻是从哪儿来的 |
[1:15:12] | This town worships success. What it roots for is failure. | 这个城市崇尚成功,可失败是成功之母 |
[1:15:16] | Everybody else’s, of course. | 人人都是这样 |
[1:15:18] | I just don’t think you ought to provide those types with any kind of ammunition. | 我只是认为你不应该在总理的事儿上花费那么多 |
[1:15:23] | Fine. Reduce my share to whatever, I don’t care. | 好吧,随便你们减少我的股票, |
[1:15:27] | Money is the last thing I’m interested in in this deal. | 现金是我在这个收购案中所关心的最后一件事情 |
[1:15:30] | You may think I’m shittin’ ya, but that’s the truth! | 你们可能觉得我是垃圾,但我就是这样 |
[1:15:33] | And fuck you, Tom! | 靠你屁眼,Tom! |
[1:16:53] | Hello, darling. | 你好,亲爱的。 |
[1:17:17] | Shit! Sorry! | 我靠,对不起。 |
[1:17:50] | Just a minute. Mrs. Robinson calling. | 等一会儿,Robinson夫人要车。 |
[1:17:57] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗? |
[1:17:59] | I saw him, I was there. | 我看见他了,我进去了! |
[1:18:02] | I can’t believe it. Why would Johnny stab me in the back? | 我不敢相信。 Johnny为什么要在后面下刀子? |
[1:18:05] | I’ve treated him like a son. | 我像对亲儿子那样对他。 |
[1:18:06] | What better reason to do it? | 他有什么理由这么干? |
[1:18:08] | Did you tell Peter? | 你告诉Peter了吗? |
[1:18:10] | This has got to affect our bid, doesn’t it? | 这肯定会影响我们的报价,是吗? |
[1:18:12] | I’m meeting him in a few… Of course no decision without you. | 我正要去见他,当然,我们不会自作主张。 |
[1:18:18] | You know you can trust me. Driver, this traffic is impossible. | 你知道你能相信我的。司机,路堵死了。 |
[1:18:23] | I’ll call you from Peter’s. | 我能从Peter那儿给你电话 |
[1:18:26] | – Keep me posted. – I gotta run. | 保持联络。我得走了。 |
[1:18:41] | I gotta get out of this town. | 我要离开这个城市。 |
[1:18:48] | Darling? | 亲爱的! |
[1:18:50] | I think you better see this. | 你最好看看这个。 |
[1:18:54] | My entire deal with Shearson all over the goddamn paper. | 我与Shearson的全部交易都上了他娘的报纸。 |
[1:18:58] | How the hell is that possible? How could that happen? | 这怎么可能呢?他娘的咋整的? |
[1:19:01] | – Whoever that is, I am not here. – Okay. | 无论是谁,我都不在。 好的。 |
[1:19:05] | Hello? | 你好! |
[1:19:07] | No, he’s not, operator. | 不,他不在,接线员。 |
[1:19:08] | If you give me a number, I’ll have Mr. Johnson call Mr. Hugel as… | 我会让约翰逊先生给Hugel先生电话…. |
[1:19:13] | He can’t be reached for a few hours. What time is Mr. Hugel’s flight? | 他过几个小时才能回来, Hugel先生的航班是几点? |
[1:19:17] | Jesus! This makes me look like the greediest son of a bitch in the world! | 妈的!这让我看起来就像世界上最操蛋的贪婪婊子养的。 |
[1:19:21] | Is that your number, operator,or Mr. Hugel’s in Moscow? | 这是你的号码吗?接线员。Hugel先生在莫斯科吗? |
[1:19:24] | Story’s probably in fucking Pravda, too! | 这点屁事儿会不会也上了真理报 |
[1:19:28] | Thanks. | 谢谢。 |
[1:19:30] | Get me Peter Cohen. | 给我接Peter Cohen。 |
[1:19:34] | Hello? | 你好! |
[1:19:37] | – It’s Peter Cohen. – You’re goddamned right it is! | 这是Peter Cohen。 这是你的秘密。 |
[1:19:40] | What is our private, confidential, top-secret… | 这是我们的秘密、机密、绝密 |
[1:19:43] | …for-your-eyes-only arrangement doing in the fucking New York Times? | 只有你能看到的协议咋整上了纽约的时代周刊? |
[1:19:47] | Who leaked the goddamn thing? | 谁泄露的秘密? |
[1:19:49] | I’ve got Jim on, we’re on a conference call. | 我连线Jim,开个电话会议。 |
[1:19:53] | Ross is on. | 罗斯也在线。 |
[1:19:54] | – Not now, Harry. – Who’s Harry? | 不是现在,Harry。 谁是Harry? |
[1:19:56] | – It’s just me. – We’re on top of this thing. | 就是我。 我们控制着这件事儿 |
[1:19:58] | – We’re checking it out. – Imagine the effect on the board! | 我们要检查一下,考虑这会在董事会上有啥子影响 |
[1:20:01] | With our new bid, they’ll forget about it. | 我们的新报价会让他们忘了这事儿 |
[1:20:03] | – The new bid being what? – We think we can offer $112 a share. | 啥子新报价? 我们想我们付得起每股112美金。 |
[1:20:07] | – $112? Are you serious? – If we can work out the details. | 112美金?当真么? 你能拿出具体方案来么。 |
[1:20:10] | We’ve gotta prove our proposal makes sense. | 我们必须证明我们的方案可行 |
[1:20:12] | What do you mean, if? We make the offer tomorrow. | 你是什么意思?如果? 我们明天会报价! |
[1:20:14] | – We can do it. Can’t we? – I’m sure we can. | 我们能做到,是吗? 我相信可以。 |
[1:20:17] | It’s just the numbers are so stratospheric… | 这个报价是天价了。 |
[1:20:19] | You know what this makes me look like to Charlie? | 你知道这会让Charlie如何看我? |
[1:20:22] | Sir, it’s a Mr. Hugel. | 先生,董事长Hugel先生 |
[1:20:25] | I’ll call him back. I’m talking to Ross Johnson. | 我会给他会电的。我先和罗斯约翰逊谈。 |
[1:20:27] | – What? – Nothing. | 什么? 没什么。 |
[1:20:29] | Somebody just said Ross Johnson. | 刚才有人提到罗斯约翰逊。 |
[1:20:31] | Jesus, is somebody bugging my calls now? What the hell is going on? | 上帝呀!现在有人在窃听我的电话吗? 到底怎么了? |
[1:20:35] | First Tom Brokaw, now the New York Times! | 先是Tom Brokaw, 现在是《纽约时报》。 |
[1:20:38] | You don’t think I’m being crucified… | 你不认为我被钉在十字架上了吗? |
[1:20:40] | …and Henry Kravis just might own the nail concession? | 并且Henry Kravis就有钉子。 |
[1:20:43] | I hate to think that. I think there are so many people involved… | 我讨厌这样想。 我想太多人卷进来了。 |
[1:20:46] | – Too many faxes. – We’ll get to the bottom of it. | 太多的传真。 都冲着我们来了。 |
[1:20:48] | Everybody’s got a Xerox. | 每个人都会传播谣言。 |
[1:20:50] | How do I face Charlie tomorrow about all this press? | 我明天怎样面对Charlie,解释纽约时报的报道。 |
[1:20:52] | – We’ll get to the bottom of it all. – I’m at the bottom of it all! | 我们会查清真相。 我受够了。 |
[1:20:56] | I’m in a shit storm… | 我掉进屎坑子里面了 |
[1:20:57] | …and nobody on this team has got a goddamn umbrella! | 可我谁他娘的也够不着 |
[1:21:54] | You’ve put us in a terrible position, Ross. The board hasn’t stopped calling me. | 你让我们陷入了困境,罗斯 董事会不停地打电话给我。 |
[1:21:58] | You made us look like fools for not knowing about this. | 你隐瞒了这个协议,把我们当成傻瓜 |
[1:22:01] | Even bigger fools if we didl | 如果我们上当,我们就成了最大的傻瓜 |
[1:22:03] | $2.5 billion for your management group. | 25亿美金分给了你的管理层。 |
[1:22:05] | That’s what your 20 percent share will earn for you in the next 5 years. | 还有20%的股权,在接下来的5年股息归你。 |
[1:22:09] | $2.5 billion! That boggles the mind. | 25亿美金!太牛逼了。 |
[1:22:13] | Those are purely hypothetical numbers, blown way the hell out of proportion. | 那是假定的数字,不要大惊小怪 |
[1:22:17] | But if they stick in somebody’s craw, fine, fuck ’em, forget ’em. | 不要拿这个来恫吓我,忘了这个 |
[1:22:20] | I’ll just take whatever the board thinks I’m worth. | 我只要董事会认为我该拿的钱 |
[1:22:23] | Hell, all I am is a salesman, you know that. | 我以前不过是个业务员,你知道的 |
[1:22:26] | I’ve been door-to-door, house-to-house, company-to-company all my life. | 我一直的挨门挨户,逐个公司的推销 |
[1:22:31] | A salesman’s biggest commission isn’t measured in bucks. | 业务员的成就不是光用金钱能衡量的 |
[1:22:34] | Every sale we poor bastards ring up is a validation of who we are. | 每一次按响门铃的时候,人家都会问你是谁 |
[1:22:38] | People buy you when they buy what you’re selling. There’s just one hitch. | 要人们买你的商品,首先要推销出去自己 |
[1:22:42] | A salesman needs product. | 业务员需要产品 |
[1:22:46] | I won’t buy this company because my business is buying companies. | 我收购公司不是因为我的工作是收购 |
[1:22:50] | I need this company to make things and wrap ’em in shiny packages. | 我需要这家公司为我生产和包装 |
[1:22:54] | I’m not one of this bunch that only cares about buying up places… | 我不是只要购买公司…. |
[1:22:57] | …where things get made. | 我想实现我的梦想 |
[1:23:01] | This crazy deal heat everywhere is burning all our bridges. | 这宗交易让我走投无路 |
[1:23:06] | We’re piling up mountains of debt. | 我会为此债台高筑 |
[1:23:08] | We’re borrowing our damn fool brains out. | 我们筋疲力尽 |
[1:23:11] | And just because we have gone crazy doesn’t mean the rest of the world has. | 我们疯了不等于全世界都疯了 |
[1:23:15] | This country’s turning companies into commodities… | 这个国家把公司当成商品…. |
[1:23:18] | …and the Japanese have their fetuses working nights turning out computer chips. | 日本人怀孕了也会夜以继日的工作 |
[1:23:24] | Final bids are due in the boardroom at 5:00. Not one minute later. | 最终报价5点钟以前提交,董事会一分钟也不等。 |
[1:23:37] | However it turns out, your opinion of me… | 无论结果如何,你对我的关照…. |
[1:23:41] | …means an awful lot in my life. | 对我一生的影响巨大 |
[1:23:47] | We’re down to the numbers now. That’s all that matters now. | 我现在要看数字,这是唯一的要素 |
[1:24:02] | Now I know what the “F” in F. Ross Johnson stands for. FACK! | 现在我知道,F.罗斯约翰逊里的“F”是什么了。 |
[1:24:09] | Juanita, nice to see you. | Juanita,很高兴见到你。 |
[1:24:15] | Hello, Barry. | 你好,Barry。 |
[1:24:18] | You can’t take anymore time, Rob! | 你不能再浪费时间了,Rob! |
[1:24:21] | Trouble. Charlie’s pissed. The whole board is. | 有麻烦了,董事长火了。全部的董事会成员都火了。 |
[1:24:23] | I don’t care, you’ve gotta get it over here! | 我不管,你让他们马上过来。 |
[1:24:25] | – What’s wrong? – His office is still working on the numbers. | 出什么问题了? 他在办公室还在计算数据。 |
[1:24:28] | – What? – There are a million details. | 什么? 有上百万个细节要处理 |
[1:24:30] | – They’re still at your office? – They’re leaving. | 他们还在你的办公室里? 过来了 |
[1:24:32] | Jesus, that’s downtown. I’ve got a whole boardroom of people here today. | 要是交通堵塞,这儿是市中心,我们今天全体都要到这里 |
[1:24:38] | Give me that. Rob? | 给我说!Rob。 |
[1:24:40] | We’re doing our best. | 我们在尽最大的努力。 |
[1:24:41] | Get over here right now. | 马上过来 |
[1:24:43] | Whatever you gotta do, do it on the way. Do it in the goddamn cab! | 不管你在干啥,在路上干,在计程车上干 |
[1:24:46] | – On a Friday, at this hour, good luck! – In the cab! | 今天周五,在这个时候,千万别堵车! 在出租车里。 |
[1:24:49] | Tell him to take the Drive! | 告诉司机快点。 |
[1:25:10] | How are you doing? Where are you? 14th and where? | 你们现在咋样?在哪儿呢? 第14大道 |
[1:25:15] | 14th and the river. It’s just, traffic’s brutal! | 河边的第14大道。路上太堵了。 |
[1:25:19] | Maybe we should get off the Drive. | 也许我们该下车走。 |
[1:25:21] | How will you do that? | 你又能咋样呢? |
[1:25:37] | They’re at 39th and 1st. | 他们在第39大道和第1大道岔路口。 |
[1:25:41] | Fifteen minutes! | 15分钟。 |
[1:25:53] | 53rd. We’re boxed in completely! | 第53大道。我们被堵死了。 |
[1:25:57] | Are you serious? | 操蛋! |
[1:25:59] | Go on, I’m tellin’ you! | 下来走,我告诉你路。 |
[1:26:05] | Okay, we’re on our way. | 好的。罗斯,我们在路上。 |
[1:26:19] | – 56th and 5th. – Hey, watch it! | 第56大道与第5大道。 嘿,看这儿。 |
[1:26:22] | – 56th and 5th. – Never! | 第56大道与第5大道。 靠。 |
[1:26:26] | – It’s Kravis. – Shit! Move! | Kravis来了 娘的!快呀! |
[1:26:34] | – Expecting these. – Thank you. | 我正在等这个 谢谢你。 |
[1:26:37] | See you later. | 晚点见。 |
[1:26:53] | – One minute to. – Where is he? | 还要一分钟 他在哪里? |
[1:26:55] | Where are you? | 你在哪? |
[1:27:02] | With our luck, he’s been mugged. | 我们很幸运,他们来了。 |
[1:27:05] | We’re in the elevator. | 我们在电梯里。 |
[1:27:06] | – What floor? – Hold on, just one second. | 第几层? 别挂,等一下。 |
[1:27:09] | – Where is he? – I don’t know. | 他在哪? 我不知道。 |
[1:27:16] | First off, I’d like you to know that in the interests of the company… | 首先,为了公司的利益 |
[1:27:19] | …I have retained the services of Peter Atkins of the firm of Skadden Arps… | 我们请了Skadden Arps公司的Peter Atkins先生。 |
[1:27:25] | …to act as special counsel, to advise us and guide us… | 担任特别顾问,来指导我们。 |
[1:27:28] | …through the legal obligations of this matter. | 这里面涉及的法律程序 |
[1:27:31] | Thank you, Mr. Chairman. Good afternoon. | 谢谢你,董事长先生。下午好。 |
[1:27:35] | Before you, are copies of the proposals for the buyout of RJR Nabisco. | 各位现在看到的,是RJR Nabisco收购案的提案。 |
[1:27:40] | And where do we stand? | 各位选择哪一个? |
[1:27:42] | Ross Johnson’s bid, his and Shearson’s, is for $100 a share. | 罗斯约翰逊和Shearson投行的报价,每股100美金。 |
[1:27:47] | That’s an offer of $23 billion. | 总价230亿美金。 |
[1:27:50] | And KKR? | KKR的报价? |
[1:27:51] | $94 a share, $21.6 billion. | 每股94美金。总计216亿美金。 |
[1:27:56] | That’s quite a difference in price. | 价格上差了很多。 |
[1:27:59] | I’ll give you a bigger one. | 我会给你一个更高的。 |
[1:28:01] | The First Boston Group is prepared to offer between $105 and $118. | 第一波士顿集团准备出价,每股105美金到118美金之间。 |
[1:28:07] | That’s $3 billion more than the Johnson offer. | 比约翰逊的报价高30亿美金。 |
[1:28:11] | Is First Boston for real? | 第一波士顿集团真的是这个价? |
[1:28:13] | Their proposal is based on taking advantage of certain tax loopholes. | 他们的提案基于利用某些税收漏洞。 |
[1:28:17] | If the board has interest, we’ll need some expert advice as to the viability of it all. | 如果董事会有兴趣,他们的专家会设计具体的方法 |
[1:28:22] | It would take a week to 10 days. | 需要花一周到10天的时间 |
[1:28:25] | I’d say the board has about $26 billion worth of interest in waiting. | 我要说,董事会等候的时间回报是26亿美元 |
[1:28:35] | It’s an air ball. | 这是个空头支票 |
[1:28:38] | There’s no way in the world First Boston can pull it off. No way at all. | 第一波士顿不可能做出这个方案,根本不可能 |
[1:28:42] | – We’re still alive, I promise you. – Second place is no better than third. | 我们还活着,我答应你。第二位不必第三位好。 |
[1:28:48] | All we have to do is lay low. | 我们所要做的就是低调行事。 |
[1:28:51] | We put out the word we don’t know what we’re gonna do. | 我们放话出去,我们不知道该怎么办。 |
[1:28:54] | Let’s let the world know we may not be there in 10 days. | 让全世界都以为我们在10天之后不会竞标 |
[1:28:59] | And if we do back off, we save ourselves the embarrassment. | 我们暗中准备,可以免去不少麻烦 |
[1:29:02] | If we’re coming back strong in the second round, why let on? | 如果下一轮我们提高报价 |
[1:29:07] | Either way, no one sees our hand. | 不管咋样,谁也不知道我们的牌了 |
[1:29:10] | Let them curse the darkness. | 让他们诅咒黑暗吧。 |
[1:29:13] | We’re not handing out any candles. | 我们不会给他们照亮儿。 |
[1:29:16] | Why do you think Peter can go higher than we have? | 为什么你认为Peter的出价比我们更高。 |
[1:29:18] | Jesus, these numbers are givin’ me a nosebleed already. | 天!这些数字已经让我流鼻血了。 |
[1:29:22] | Hold on. | 稳住。 |
[1:29:24] | Yes, I’ll take it. | 是的,我肯定。 |
[1:29:26] | It’s Linda. She says it’s important. | 这是Linda,她说有要事。 |
[1:29:31] | Are you ready for this? Henry has gone to his place in Vail. | 罗斯,你准备好了吗? Henry已经到地方了,在Vail。 |
[1:29:35] | Do I like that? | 我喜欢这样 |
[1:29:36] | He and Carolyne are spending the week there skiing. | 他和Carolyne整个周末都在滑雪。 |
[1:29:39] | George has gone home to San Francisco. It all ties in. | George回旧金山的家了,他们都走了 |
[1:29:42] | Ties into what? | 这有啥关系 |
[1:29:43] | The word is, having come in third, there’s a strong chance… | 意思是,这次竞标的老三….. |
[1:29:46] | …that Henry might not bid next time around. | Henry下次可能不会出价了。 |
[1:29:49] | You believe that? You think it’s possible? | 你信吗?你觉得这可能吗? |
[1:29:51] | All I know is that Henry finishes first or he doesn’t finish at all. | 我们感觉是这样 |
[1:29:56] | Going away like he has, skiing in the middle of all this? | 他不放弃,他会在去滑雪?! |
[1:30:00] | Did you see it? They threw in the towel. I told you they would. | 你看到了吗?他们放弃了。我告诉你他们会的。 |
[1:30:03] | Don’t bet on it. | 别打赌 |
[1:30:04] | Why would they put out a press release sayin’ they won’t be back? | 他们为啥要放风说他们不回来了 |
[1:30:08] | Why would they say one thing and do another. Why wouldn’t they? | 说的是一回事做的是另一回事不行么 |
[1:30:11] | What do you hear? They’re coming back or aren’t they? | 你听见了啥?他们还会不会回来? |
[1:30:14] | All I know is what Linda tells me. She’s pretty sure they’re out. | 我所知道的都是Linda告诉我的,她确信他们退出了 |
[1:30:17] | Yes, I’m up. | 是的,我起床了。 |
[1:30:20] | What do you think I’m thinking about? | 你认为我在想什么? |
[1:30:22] | We play right into their hands if we don’t raise our bid. | 如果我们不提高报价,我们就会上他们的当 |
[1:30:24] | They’re laying low to clobber us. This is just a head fake. It’s a PR job. | 他们转入地下,以退为进,这是公关手段而已 |
[1:30:29] | If it is, it certainly is a masterful one. | 如果是这样的话,我们碰到高手了。 |
[1:30:31] | I don’t mind those once in awhile, do you? Just for a change. | 不过是雕虫小技,你说呢?我们还是要有变化 |
[1:30:37] | You should’ve gotten away yourself. | 你要让自己脱身。 |
[1:30:39] | We’ve been on the slopes eight hours a day. | 我们还在陡坡上 |
[1:30:42] | Some of us still have to work for a living. | 我们中的一些人还需要工作来谋生。 |
[1:30:45] | We thought you’d be here crunching numbers like us. | 我们想你会在这,像我们一样捣鼓数字。 |
[1:30:49] | You crunch numbers, I’ll crunch the snow. Let me put Carolyne on. | 你们捣鼓数字,我捣鼓雪花。让我去Carolyne那儿吧 |
[1:30:52] | I promised myself I wouldn’t think about business all week. | 我保证我这一周都不考虑工作 |
[1:30:57] | You’re sure? | 你确信吗? |
[1:30:58] | I’m positive. | 我确信。 |
[1:31:01] | He’s out of it. Even Carolyne thinks so. | 他出去了。甚至Carolyne也这样认为的。 |
[1:31:04] | Trust me, Kravis is gonna be there. He’s gonna bid! | 相信我,Kravis会竞标了。他会的! |
[1:31:08] | I don’t know one thing more than you do. You know that. | 罗斯,这事我不比你知道得多。你明白吧。 |
[1:31:11] | I tell you, figuring whether they’re in or out is an absolute son of a bitch. | 我告诉你,不再考虑他们是不是退出的问题了 |
[1:31:40] | Do me one favor: don’t wish me luck. | 罗斯, 拜托,不要说:祝我好运 |
[1:31:47] | Thank you all for your patience during this 10-day interval. | 感谢各位这十天的耐心 |
[1:31:50] | It was obviously a step that had to be taken. | 这是必须的一步 |
[1:31:53] | That said, I’ll turn the meeting over to Peter Atkins. | 现在,把发言权交给Peter Atkins |
[1:31:56] | Thank you, Mr. Chairman. | 谢谢你,董事长先生。 |
[1:31:59] | To begin, let me tell you we’re now down to two bidders. | 首先,我们要讨论两个竞标方案 |
[1:32:04] | After a good deal of effort… | 经过大量的努力…… |
[1:32:06] | …First Boston was simply not able to put their offer on the table. | 第一波士顿集团的方案流产… |
[1:32:10] | That leaves us with Ross Johnson. | 剩下的是罗斯约翰逊先生。 |
[1:32:14] | His group’s bumped their previous bid from $100 a share to $101. | 他们的报价,从每股100美金提高到101美金。 |
[1:32:20] | I think we need to take a very careful look at what KKR has offered. | 我认为我们需要仔细审视KKR的报价。 |
[1:32:25] | – What do you think? – I think it’s gonna be a long day. | 感觉如何 今天将会是漫长的一天。 |
[1:32:30] | A very long day. | 很漫长。 |
[1:33:22] | I’ve been sent to ask you a question. | 我被派来问你一个问题。 |
[1:33:25] | Is what you’ve submitted your very best offer? | 你所提交的是不是就是你最后的报价 |
[1:33:30] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[1:33:33] | The very best you can do? | 确实是最后报价? |
[1:33:38] | It is. | 就是。 |
[1:33:44] | If we can work out some details and get comfortable with regard to the financing… | 好,如果我们能解决一些融资的细节问题….. |
[1:33:49] | …I’m prepared to recommend your bid to the board. | 我就会向董事会推荐你的方案 |
[1:33:54] | If you’ll just give us a little time. | 如果你给我一点时间。 |
[1:33:56] | An hour should do it. | 一个小时就行。 |
[1:34:06] | I’ve got people wondering when there’ll be a decision. | 我该走了不知道啥时候会有结果 |
[1:34:09] | There’s no reason to hang around. We’ll be in touch tomorrow. | 别乱跑,我们明天联系 |
[1:34:12] | – Tomorrow? What does that mean? – I can’t tell you anymore. | 明天?这是什么意思? 我不能对你说得太多。 |
[1:34:16] | – Are we out of it? – I’ve said all I can say. | 我们出局了吗? 我只能说这些 |
[1:34:22] | What the hell’s going on? I’m still CEO of this company. | 到底发生了什么 我还是这个公司的CEO。 |
[1:34:26] | We haven’t got a new pope around here yet, or have we? | 还没有更换CEO,对么 |
[1:34:30] | This is most unusual. | 这是非常不同寻常的 |
[1:34:35] | All right, five minutes. I’ll meet you there. | 好吧,5分钟后,我过去见你 |
[1:34:38] | We’ve been told to go home, care to embellish that a little. | 我被告知回家再做一些修改 |
[1:34:41] | First Boston is out of it. KKR has made a bid. | 第一波士顿集团退出了,KKR投标了 |
[1:34:44] | – Another bid? A higher one? – Frankly, it’s a blockbuster. | 另一次投标?更高? 坦率地说,天价! |
[1:34:47] | Are we talking around $5 higher than mine? Are we talking $106? | 比我的报价高5美金,是每股106美金么? |
[1:34:51] | You said it, I didn’t. | 这是你说的,我啥也没说 |
[1:34:56] | Skiing my ass! Henry Kravis was skiing down Mount Bullshit! | 滑雪!Henry Kravis这只狡猾的狐狸! |
[1:35:00] | – He sandbagged us. – I knew it! | 他暗算了我们 我知道。 |
[1:35:02] | – You said… – He was trying too hard to sell me. | 你说…… 他这是挡我们的道儿! |
[1:35:04] | You were sure he was out of it! | 你说他退出了! |
[1:35:06] | We’re the ones who’ll be out of it, unless we get off our cans! | 我国不采取行动,我们才是出局者! |
[1:35:09] | Whip out your calculator. | 计算器呢。 |
[1:35:11] | What the hell is going on? | 有什么事儿? |
[1:35:14] | They told us hours ago they’d recommend us to the board. | 他们几个小时以前告诉我们, 他们要向董事会推荐我们的方案 |
[1:35:17] | We had a deal, everything was fine. | 万事俱备 |
[1:35:21] | Shearson’s bid $108. | Shearson报价每股108美金。 |
[1:35:24] | Did they come in with that or did they find out about ours? | 难道他们知道了我们的报价? |
[1:35:26] | We’ve got to do what’s best for the shareholders. | 我们要为股东争取最大利益 |
[1:35:30] | Which includes asking you not to leave. We want you in this. | 其中包括请求你们不要离开。继续竞标 |
[1:35:34] | You’ve been more than patient. Give us an hour to go over it all. | 你们已经等了很久,但是还要再等一个小时 |
[1:35:38] | We are not interested in open-end bidding. | 我们对开放式的竞标不感兴趣。 |
[1:35:42] | Just one hour. | 就一个小时。 |
[1:35:47] | All right. | 好的。 |
[1:35:49] | You pay our expenses to date and we’ll wait. | 你们支付我们的成本,我们可以等 |
[1:35:52] | How much are we talking? | 你要多少钱 |
[1:35:54] | I’d say it comes to a hell of a lot more, but we’ll settle for $45 million. | 我本来可以要更多,但是,我只要4500万美金 |
[1:36:00] | $45 million for one hour. | 一小时4500万美金。 |
[1:36:07] | I think I can sell it. Thank you. | 我相信我能做成,谢谢 |
[1:36:42] | Ross Johnson’s final bid… | 罗斯约翰逊的最终报价: |
[1:36:47] | …is for $112 a share. | 每股112美金。 |
[1:36:51] | The KKR bid is $109. | KKR是每股109美金。 |
[1:36:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你。 |
[1:36:56] | I think it’s time to put it to a vote. | 我想现在可以表决了。 |
[1:37:22] | I’m sorry, Mr. Johnson. We’ll do your office after the boardroom. | 对不起,约翰逊先生。 我先打扫会议室,然后是您这儿 |
[1:37:26] | They shouldn’t be too long now. They were just getting ready to vote. | 他们正在准备投票 |
[1:37:30] | Good luck. | 祝你好运。 |
[1:37:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢。 |
[1:37:33] | They’re voting. | 正在投票。 |
[1:37:41] | Yeah? | 哦? |
[1:37:44] | Right. I’m on my way. | 是。我就来 |
[1:37:48] | Charlie wants to see me. | 董事长Charlie想见我。 |
[1:37:54] | Both offers were based on extremely complicated structures. | 2个标价都是建立在非常复杂的结构基础上 |
[1:37:59] | We had to consider very carefully just how sound they really were. | 我们在非常认真地考虑比较… |
[1:38:04] | In the end, I’d say the deciding factor… | 最后,我要说投票的决定性因素….. |
[1:38:09] | …the one thing that made the Kravis offer more attractive… | KKR的方案之所以更吸引人….. |
[1:38:13] | …was that you were not part of it. | 是你不在他们那边儿 |
[1:38:17] | Nobody will deny that there isn’t a fair amount of greed going around these days. | 没有人会否认现在的人越来越贪婪 |
[1:38:22] | I guess it’s just a question of how much greed is fair. | 我想的是,有多么贪婪才算是合理 |
[1:38:27] | This, yours… | 你的贪婪…. |
[1:38:29] | …was over the top. | 超过了极限 |
[1:38:32] | It was simply too naked. | 太赤裸裸了 |
[1:38:35] | There was just no way we could let you have this company. | 我们不能让你拥有这家公司 |
[1:38:43] | I lost my job through the New York Times, is that it? | 纽约时报让我丢掉了饭碗,对吗? |
[1:38:49] | We’ll be discussing your settlement as soon as possible. | 我们会尽快的讨论你的下岗问题 |
[1:38:55] | You know… | 你知道…. |
[1:38:57] | …this is the first time I’ve been outta work since I was 9 years old. | 这是我9岁以来第一次失业 |
[1:39:04] | Sure loved running this company. | 我非常喜爱经营这家公司 |
[1:39:08] | Let you in on a little secret. | 再告诉你一个小秘密 |
[1:39:11] | I’d have paid you to let me do it. | 我应该付钱让你同意我做这些 |
[1:39:20] | Thanks. We’ll be right in. | 谢谢。我们马上来。 |
[1:39:28] | I just dropped by to say thank you. | 我正好路过,谢谢你。 |
[1:39:31] | For making me a hero with my shareholders. | 你让我成为股东的英雄 |
[1:39:33] | $25.7 billion for the company? | 257亿美金买下公司? |
[1:39:37] | In their wettest dreams, they never thought they’d get that rich. | 他们做梦也想不到会发这么大财! |
[1:39:40] | If there’s anything I can do to help, anything you need… | 如果需要我帮啥忙 |
[1:39:43] | That’s very generous. | 非常慷慨 |
[1:39:46] | We don’t take over till after the first of the year. | 我们不会很快接管…. |
[1:39:49] | We don’t have any plans, as yet. | 目前也没有任何计划,是么? |
[1:39:51] | Just holler. Congratulations. | 发个小牢骚,恭喜你们! |
[1:39:55] | You guys bought yourselves one hell of a company. | 你们买到了一个非常棒的公司 |
[1:40:02] | I really hate to leave on a sour note, but about that $25 billion. | 我不是那只吃不到葡萄的狐狸,但是那256亿美元 |
[1:40:07] | If you’re planning on signing for it… | 如果你们打算签约的话 |
[1:40:10] | …Jim Robinson just canceled your American Express card. | Jim Robinson刚刚取消了您的美国运通卡。 |
[1:40:21] | How do you win a company like ours playing low ball? | 怎么会让低价赢得这个公司 |
[1:40:25] | I never heard of the highest bid ever losing before. | 我从来没有听说过最高的报价会出局。 |
[1:40:28] | I say we were fucked! | 我说,我们把别人日了。 |
[1:40:31] | I say we sue their asses off! | 我们还起诉他们的屁眼子位置不对! |
[1:40:43] | – You and Laurie got anything on tonight? – I think maybe it’ll just be the two of us. | 你和Laurie今天晚上干哈呢? 可能只有我们两个。 |
[1:40:48] | – Four’s twice the company. – Fucked! | 两倍价格的公司 靠他娘! |
[1:40:52] | – You know, if I hadn’t married Laurie… – Fucked without a doubt! | 你知道,如果我不是娶了Laurie 他妈的绝对会是 |
[1:40:57] | …I’d have probably married old Ed here. | 我会和这个老艾德结婚。 |
[1:41:01] | – Take care, guys. – See you. | 保重,朋友们 再见。 |
[1:41:34] | I’m sorry, sir. No cigar or pipe smoking is allowed. | 不好意思,先生。飞机上禁止抽烟 |
[1:41:37] | Right, I’m sorry. Thank you. | 好的,对不起。谢谢。 |
[1:41:41] | – Welcome to the real world, right? – I just hope he’s okay, you know? | 欢迎回到现实生活,对吗? 我觉得这也不错,你知道吗? |
[1:41:46] | Poor baby. | 可怜的孩子。 |
[1:41:47] | We’ve got our adjustments to make, he’s got his. | 我们要调整我们的生活 狗狗已经调好了。 |
[1:42:00] | 1980年代末,美国的企业负债水平高达1兆美元 | |
[1:42:20] | 温尼伯的报童最后获得了5300万美元的金降落伞(离职补偿) |